Speaker 1: Uh, what's up everybody? I should say good morning because it's morning for us. I don't know what time you're listening. Hi, Cecily, Hi.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't know if this is exciting for anybody. I've got a new microphone which seems to be glitching already.
Speaker 1: How do I sound? Uh?
Speaker 2: You sound good to me. We'll have to We'll have to see after we edit this show. Do I sound sexier? Do I sound I think they.
Speaker 1: Do sound sexier? Really? Yeah? Okay, okay, I do think. So.
Speaker 2: We have a big show today because this is a real Housewives of the OC and it was a it was a pretty big episode.
Speaker 1: Do you have macro notes?
Speaker 2: I do have one macro note, and it's kind of from the very beginning of the situation. And I don't I do not say this to be rude. We are not a show that like talks about physical appearances, usually except for OC, where I feel like it's you know, it's on the table. Is Terry getting plastic surgery to make his nose bigger? He, I swear to God like he's fucking with us. Well, he is maybe getting older. And I do think when men get older, I think their noses spread a little bit. That is true, but that is literally his job. This is his job. So you know, like we said last week, I think like, just go get Paul, Go get your your partner, get him to take care of that.
Speaker 1: I wish I could just go get Paul. I wish that was helping. I wish I could look in the mirror and be like, I need to go get Paul. Paul. I don't know that.
Speaker 2: I've watched botched. I don't know that we need Paul or Terry. I mean, I don't know. I feel like, what, look, he is a walking advertisement for himself, and so is she. Basically, you know, like that's his job, and so I feel like we need.
Speaker 1: To need to step that up. I was actually just looking at a plastic surgeon's website for reasons that I won't explain, and it was funny because this guy who's supposed to be like an excellent surgeon, and he looks super like nebishy. I don't know, he just and I was thinking, he doesn't even have good teeth. And I was kind of thinking, like, if your whole thing is like esthetics and making people's appearances look good, do you think you just get your teeth fixed. This is what I'm saying with Terry.
Speaker 2: It looked like a grouchanwel Marx like he was in a costume. Looked like he'd put on like a little like a face, like a mask. Well, Heather loves him and that's all that counts.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. She loves something about him. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know exactly what it is, but they So the reason it comes up is because there's a quick little update with them. They're just you know, they do you know, oh see all these shows, they go back and forth. So we have a quick little scene with them, then a quick little scene with Shannon.
Speaker 1: Right. Do you think that it's a show of of like power on the part of Heather that she seems to go first every time? Ooh, I don't know, because last episode they had their whole little scene first, which was the thing about her housing and you know that her her humongous pet house apartment is like a closet. Ye remember that.
Speaker 2: I'll never forget that that never forget. Yeah never, yeah, hashtag never forget. But yeah, maybe, I mean, I think they like to go with her first because there's just so much money. The whole the whole show is supposed to be about like these rich people.
Speaker 1: And you know she's the richest. Yeah, and you know, I've always had a problem with that concept, I guess ever since the beginning, because that was not what I was excited about. I was excited, super excited about The Real Housewives from the get go. When when it was first just an idea that we all heard about that we hadn't even seen it yet, I was like, oh, watching basically Mom's housewives live their lives in the OC like a reality show, like the Real World. But I thought for like grown ups, that's what I thought it was going to be. I never had any interest in like, you know, house porn or any of the things that you know, money porn, like, I don't care. That wasn't why I was watching it, But I guess I was in the minority. No, it became a different show. I have to say.
Speaker 2: I did not like the original OC, Like before it found its way, I was like, what is the I don't like this. I don't like it's just too many realtors and I just didn't. But I think it was because it was the OC. Once once New York started and all that I was like, oh, this is great because I remember they used to struggle. Bethany was struggling. Mm hmm, she didn't have I loved that. Yeah, No, it became it like slowly became MTV cribs. Yes, which it I mean it is, that's what it is now and they all try to outdo each other. So we have a quick thing with Heather and Terry. Then do you have any other macro notes before we get into Shannon about you?
Speaker 1: I well, you know, what I realized is that last week we started talking about a couple of their taglines, and that was because it was the first week that they actually did their taglines. That's why, because we were like did we even hear this before? How come we haven't talked about this? But so last week was the first week that we got to see who was actually had a tagline. And I have to read you Jen's tagline because it's so bad. People bend over backwards to get me and their form is terrible. What that's the best? That's the best they came up with. I mean, so you had to.
Speaker 2: You probably you know they got some intern or some I don't know, a low level story producer and they're like yeah, come up with twenty for each and that's the one. Their form is why why is she saying form? Does she play tennis? I forget No, Oh my god, it makes no sense.
Speaker 1: I yeah, no, I don't think she really does anything. They are checked out. Everyone's checked out, really checked out. And then Shannon's I also just wrote down, was even in the harshest times, this storms will always weather it.
Speaker 2: What if it just became like Shannon's is like Archie is my dog.
Speaker 1: That's it. You're like, oh, well, that's true, that's true. But here's the thing too, I don't think Shannon's weathering anything. No, no, she's not doing anything. Her should be like she's sheltering in place, is what she's really doing?
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, when times get tough, I do nothing. Fuck you Chance and John Janson.
Speaker 1: When times would get tough, I blame others that should just but that would be funny.
Speaker 2: But also they just get really specific. Yeah, Harry needs a nose job, that's hers. They're like, what, Terry's good with that? You guys, everybody's fine with that. Emily is like hers is. I'm ashamed of Shane, but you know, he helps keep the household running.
Speaker 1: Somehow. That would be our favorite thing. It's the thing that we always talk about. It's the truth in advertising, It's the Crazy People Doubly Moore movie. Yeah, let's just make it what it is, call it out. That's what we like. We like that stuff. Yeah. Oh, my name's Katie. I'm new and I bring nothing to the table. That would be great. I like it.
Speaker 2: Gina is like I have an accent that no one can recognize. I mean, I say, I'm from New York, but where we're really from?
Speaker 1: Is it Brooklyn? Is it Long Island? You'll never know Long Islands. I don't even know. I'm Gina. I don't know where I'm from, but it's New York. I'm walking. It's so long.
Speaker 2: She holds that up for so long that it's like two minutes into the show.
Speaker 1: M mmm. Now that's so. It's like too many Cooks.
Speaker 2: We need we need to do a Housewives that's like based on do you remember too many cooks?
Speaker 1: Too many cooks? Too many cooks? Do you don't know? What is that? I don't even know how to explain it. You know what?
Speaker 2: Put a pin in that, and we will we will discuss that on board a a f Okay, it's a whole thing.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So Shannon goes to Katie's house and Katie I thought this was actually very sweet. It's Valentine's Day, so she gets Shannon flowers.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it's so funny. No, I thought it was really condescending. Oh, I liked it. I thought it was kind of like, I have a husband who loves me, and you don't. You don't have anybody. So I'm your Valentine bitch.
Speaker 2: Honestly, if that were us and I came to your house and it's Valentine's Day and whatever, I would, I would love it if you gave me flower, I love it. Okay, noted, Okay, please note it in like a red pen.
Speaker 1: Let's remember this shit.
Speaker 2: I thought that was sweet. That was just a little bit of a second. H And then we had to go to the Emily. So Emily's it's Emily's fifteen year anniversary with you. I just wrote with Shane.
Speaker 1: See now I have okay, Oh well yeah, I have a little bit more from this, which is the Shannon yeah is like, yeah, it was nice not to have Alexus at the put pup party. It was really nice, you know, And but Tamar's been talking behind my back like she doesn't even know what's going on with me, Like she hasn't even checked in with me at all. Yeah, because Tamar's mad at you for different things and she hasn't talked to you. But instead of being like I think Tamor might be pissed off at me, it's just like she's not even checking in with me. Why does everybody need to check in with her about it constantly? I don't know. Is she okay? She okays?
Speaker 2: Shannon okay, And I mean there's a world in winter that makes sense, but Shannon has always been the victim about everything, So people are just like enough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So that's That's kind of my thing, is that at the end of this, I know that you know and this is just what happens at the very end. But I was a little bit more team Tamer than probably most people, only because she's just sick of it at this point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but she's so vile, she's terrible, she's awful.
Speaker 1: But you know what's not vile. You know what's wonderful.
Speaker 2: Via Yes it is our news sponsor. Let's talk about via you tell because you really like.
Speaker 1: Yes, I so what via is is it's for microdosing and for CBD. It's a it's a whole. They have a lot of products, and I have been trying the one called zen And for sleep, and I have to tell you that it actually works, and so I get I don't know if it's like an old age thing or if it's just my body or hormones, but I have not been able to get a good night's sleep before I tried this. And for the first time, I took one of these gummies and I woke up at like I want to say, after seven point thirty, which for me is you know that's like other people's sleeping till noon.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Absolutely, And it's really RESTful sleep. It's not like sometimes when I've taken melotonin, I have these crazy dreams.
Speaker 1: Not on this. Zen on this like CBD. It's incredible.
Speaker 2: And did you know like they make all their stuff this is like the highest quality hemp source. This is so cool from independently owned American farms. I didn't know that, but I think that's the neatest thing. It's like really high quality ingredients. And if you want gummies with high THHD too, they've got those two I've tried them. They are really quite literally the best gummies I've ever tried, like really all good, you know, different and different strains anything you need, but like, yeah, and they also aside from the the ones that don't have THHC. Aside from the Zen one, there's one where you just can get focused. It's like to kind of sit down and write. And that one's really great too, Like I highly recommend that.
Speaker 1: So, if you're twenty one or older, check out the link to Via in our description and use the code rose pricks to receive fifteen percent off. After you purchase, they'll ask where you heard about them. Please support our show and tell them we sent you. Enhance your every day with VIA. That's again, if you're twenty one or over, check out the link to Via in our description, use the code rose pricks and receive fifteen percent off. And then after you purchase and they ask you where you heard about them, Please support our show and tell them we sent you. Okay, that's Via.
Speaker 2: All right, Okay, So Emily is talking to Tama right. This is the part where she's talking about that it's her anniversary. They're annoyed that Jen went to Vegas. I thought it was interesting in this conversation that Tamar kind of defends Jen. She's like, well, I mean, what is she supposed to do? Stay home and be poor, because she's like, well, yeah, Ryan obviously paid for her to go to Vegas, like she went to Vegas.
Speaker 1: Well, that's the thing that I find interesting is different people in the show get triggered over different things. Uh huh, So like Emily and Gina are completely like out of their minds with everything that uh genders the gendaes again. But Tamra's just hating Shannon right now, right, so.
Speaker 2: You can only kind of It's like they can only hate one person at a time. Yeah, so she camer doesn't want to look so terrible, and she and Jen did have a relationship. They at one point where friends, but then had these huge fights.
Speaker 1: They've all i.
Speaker 2: Mean, nobody, nobody gets along. It's all just nightmare.
Speaker 1: So then they they know how Emily uh gets to be so snid to everybody. What's her? She's she's kind of a nothing on the show. I know, like she has no real storyline of her own except that she's married to an asshole. So I don't understand why she's just basically trying to be Greek chorus, and I cares. We don't need that because Gina's that, Gina's the great.
Speaker 2: The Greek course has to be someone like Bethany originally was somebody where you're like, I would that's who I would hang out with, which for.
Speaker 1: Me is Emily. I wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine even if she was cool, she's like, oh, come over for dinner, you'd have to be with Shane. There's no world. I couldn't even look that guy in the eye. No, and not just because I'm taller than him, which is rare. I just don't like I really don't like him. So that was then I start talking again about the Katie versus Heather thing, and I'm so sick of this made up fight. Yeah, and and they keep saying sorry, they keep saying, Heather. You know, I wouldn't go against Heather. She will tear you apart. She will tear you a new one. I've never seen Heather do that. No, not any more than Tamra. I mean, we actually get mad, but she's I'd much rather go against Heather than Tamera Camra is like a night a drunken nightmare.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I agree. I agree. So then they go back to Heather. So, who's Heather with? My notes are a little weird at this time, Yeah, because I wrote why did Katie tell all the girls about the paparazzi stuff? Yeah?
Speaker 2: They have that conversation. So then it goes over to Heather. Gina comes over to Heather's and Jen comes to surprisingly. So now they're all together, right, and Harry is asking dumb questions like, oh, your relationships, just leave Terry right right, right, right right? How's Travis, how's the how's this guy? How's that guy? Okay, just don't worry about it. Just go do whatever you do. Go get your take, go get your stuff, taking care of dude.
Speaker 1: Okay. So basically Heather is calling out Gina a little bit. She's like, so, when did Katie tell you about this paparazzi stuff? H right, yes, And then Gina's like, oh, yeah, like sorry about well now I'm doing like a Midwest accent that's kind of Canadians on the island, sorry about the Katie stuff. And then Heather's like, well, yeah, I'm irritated now, like this is irritating, Like why did I get like blindsided by this?
Speaker 2: Basically, Now, what's your take on this?
Speaker 1: Because I watched a.
Speaker 2: Little bit this conversation later on watch what happens, and it's sort of like, I think Gina's thing is like I just want I thought it would blow over because it was such a dumb thing. I just didn't want to create a fight. But then she kind of did create the fight because she did tell her. I don't know, I don't know who side on this one because I think it's such a nonsense. Maybe Heather's right, though, maybe she I just talked myself into Heather. Maybe she's right, like she should have told her. Well, okay, I think it's sort of a meta kind of thing. It's like if behind the scenes, if they know that Katie's thing is going to be like I'm to come for Heather, I've got receipts, I'm going to do this thing. I do think that if they if she's really pretending, if Gina is really like, oh Hea, there's one of my close friends, then yeah, she should have said, like just a heads up, this is what this girl has planned.
Speaker 1: So Heather could have been more prepared, you know what.
Speaker 2: I think she was this conversation though, so Jen like chimes in no one cares, and then when they're having they start She's like, I fucked up. Gina's like I fucked up and I'm sorry, and Heather's like thank you, And I love that because it's such a New Yorker to New Yorkers like solve things really easily. Really, it's like, yes, I own this, I'm sorry, and like, I appreciate that squashed right right.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: I love I really, I really was like, I mean I wish that just could be the world. Yes, that's two reasonable people do we like, yeah, okay. But then on the opposite side, we go back to Shannon. Shannon and Katie are talking and Shannon, who like always sticks her like she is so mad that anybody has an opinion about her life, but she has so many opinions.
Speaker 1: About other people's lives. I just I can't. I can't with her. She's like, yeah, well, if it's if it's true about the paparazzi thing, then like why is she denying it? And then Katie's like, I have proof, and then she literally shows the same stupid text with the guy that nobody knows or has heard of that apparently is in charge of all paparazzi all over the world. She shows that same text with her saying so did she really call the paps on herself and the guy going yes, like that's proof, and then Katie says, yeah, you know, Gina really hung me up to dry I think Gina regrets doing it. And then they're all talking about how Gina is like such a sick aphant to Heather, Oh my god, that's true.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it is, Well it is true, but like it's such a dumb it's such a nothing argument.
Speaker 1: The whole thing so stupid. Well, here's here's what kind of bugs me about this whole thing. Katie is brand new, and I don't like it when people think, oh, I'm going to have this like crazy big storyline and I'm going to get myself right in the middle of the drama. It is always a recipe to be one and done on this show because show have a storyline. This is kind of a Crystal thing at this point, and not just because they're both Asian. Yeah, Crystal tried to come in hot like this. She had the same like sort of older husband and she and she was younger. I think Katie's young and I think they they think they get a sense of importance that they haven't earned.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, and they also have watched the show, so they think that they're going to be they're going to play everyone because they know they know all the moving parts, so they know which buttons to push, right, But you're right, it never works out because to them, to the ogs, they're like, who is this on fly? You know who's exactly got to hear?
Speaker 1: And then they're mad though about people not coming to their defense, and it's like, but you do understand that these people have been on a show on a cast before you what makes you think that they're going to suddenly turn on their own regular cast members and go like, oh Katie, you.
Speaker 2: Got her, You got her? So dumb, it's so dumb. Well, I still think that the whole thing is Heather's just trying to get off the show anyway, so like they needed something. But they've been doing that to her for a while. They always get they're jealous, right fancy pants? They call her yeah, okay, because what she can read. But so back to Heather and Gina still going on about this. They squashed it, but then Heather's like, but exactly how long ago did Katie start talking shit and Gina's like it was a couple of months ago. And then Jen tells the camera that she thinks Gina's to blame for this issue with Heather, which is sort of true.
Speaker 1: But I think that I think Katie would have done this with somebody else. She tried to use Gina to start the trouble, but Katie would have just gone to somebody about this totally. Of course, she needs to stay on the show. She has nothing really yet, I don't dislike her. We have different views on Katie. I kind of like her, but I'm not totally sure why. But I guess just because, like.
Speaker 2: You know, occasionally they have someone come in and they're they're just kind of a little smarter than the others, you know, I don't know. She elevates the show a little. We'll see, Okay, so let's talk about this Emily. Sheene okay, for oh, I have a lot to say about that, so much to say that this made me sick. So it's their anniversary. They go to dinner and she's like, what'd you do? He's like, I took care of the kids all day. He says things like that to her, M.
Speaker 1: What he's so gross. How could she? What? What is it about him? What's so passive? Aggressive? Yes? And what is the redeeming? Quite like, what are we missing? I don't know, but somebody on like Reddit or something was like, oh, yeah they have like a nice relationship. No they don't. Oh my god. Then he's so weird.
Speaker 2: He's like an he's like at fifteen, he feels he's very emotionally stunted. He gives her this, he upscales her engagement ringers, and he gives her this big old rock and did she paid for Yeah?
Speaker 1: Did you notice? She's like, oh, thanks? She goes, She literally just goes, that's nice.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, cause she's she's also kind of terrible. But now now comes her a present. She took these crazy naked picks or they're not naked but kind of whatever.
Speaker 1: Yes, boudoir photos.
Speaker 2: So she pulls those out and he's like, oh, yeah, okay, that's nice. And later this is a little bit of a jump ahead. It really made me laugh when they were outside because he, obviously this was off camera, had said this doesn't look anything like you. So he's holding it up to passers by and saying, does this look can you tell that the this is my wife m M, which is kind of funny actually, because of course it looks nothing like her, right, it's so photoshopped, it might as well just be like, you know, Cindy Crawford. Yeah, it's absurd. I mean it's very nice, I guess. But where are they going to put that? Where are you going to hang that?
Speaker 1: I mean, well, that's the thing. Are you that into yourself that you're going to hang that in your living room? I don't get it.
Speaker 2: Your kids to see that, Like, yeah, I mean, ew, it's what what's happening there? But that happens later that kind of made. But he's not that into it either. They're both like yeah, things okay, And.
Speaker 1: They're trying to bring us this storyline that you know, Emily's like, you know, you said that you were going to like I said, I was going to try to like go to the gym less, but you said you were going to try to like go to the gym more like you were going to be healthy. And that's their whole thing that they're trying to build sort of a fight around, which is such a who cares? Right, I don't care? I know, I know, I know it's so dumb. So then or did you notice too well? I have one little comment, so Shane. So I don't know if it's just to create something, but you know, she's like, I just wanted you to be healthier. And so he's he's like, I'm going to order the meat Lover's pizza and he doesn't know how to pronounce supreme? Did you get that? Did you hear that? He goes, can I get the supreme? He goes? Then he kind of corrected it. He goes the supreme Supreme. Maybe that's an eyesight thing.
Speaker 2: Maybe for a second, you know, that does happen sometimes we've all had I'm not don't make me defend Shane.
Speaker 1: Okay, but then he orders fries as an entree and I was like, now you're just fucking with us, and she's like.
Speaker 3: Ah, he loves his fries. He loves his fries. We're so silly also also, and this is just for you. But so they do these questions that the producers gave them, some staged questions. Okay, I have a question for you. If you could go back fifteen years, would you still marry me? And then they do like another questions like.
Speaker 1: These two people have so little to talk about that they have to give them. Like I understand this, if you're sending people on a first date, if it's like a dating show and you're like okay, if it's like love is Blind, then they come in with questions. But these two have been married fifteen years. If their storyline is that shitty that you have to give them questions to ask each other, how about just don't show them.
Speaker 2: Right, agreed, don't show kick them off the show. She's not going anywhere. Though she's kind of a favorite, she's off and unwatch what happens. He likes her, Andy Cohen, I guess I don't know why. I think he thinks. I think there's this idea that Emily elevates the show as well because she's a lawyer, she's intelligent. You know, for a long time we were just dealing with like Vicky, Tamra Shannon. It was really low end, right, So I think they're trying to and you know, once they brought Emily and Gina, I think kind of they did take it to a different level. But they're just She's just not likable, No, not at all, by the way. I just peek behind a curtain. So I have this Okay, this kind of gross. But do you ever get like canker sores on your tongue? Yes, forget those? So I you know, so I use this like oral pain. You know, you put the little gel on it so it doesn't hurt, and I just did it, but I put too much and so now my mouth isn't moving right, So I apologize.
Speaker 1: I didn't really have to tell you guys all that, but that's how much I trust you.
Speaker 2: Now my lip is like you know when you go to the dentist and you're like, your lip isn't moving. That's happening, just so you know, Okay, I'm no I know I seem perfect. I'm just far from it. Just I just put my pants on just like you guys, both legs at a time. Why would you even say, who would brag about that?
Speaker 1: I'm just the same as you, Like, I don't have somebody that puts my pants on for me, Like, yeah, what is the alternative?
Speaker 2: Or I just like that, just like I just you know, I hop both legs into one pant leg, you know, And that's all I use you guys.
Speaker 1: It's just like you guys stars. Okay, they're just like us.
Speaker 2: So Katie and Gina go to coffee and I didn't care. We already sort of had this conversation about them. Katie's mad that Gina stayed loyal to Heather, and then again I.
Speaker 1: Did think that this was kind of weird. Yes, that she's like, I felt really abandoned. She starts crying, what is Katie doing? Please tell me, because you're saying you like her. What I don't get it.
Speaker 2: Well, I didn't like this moment where she cried, and poor Gina was like, oh my god, oh my, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: I'm oh my god. Yeah, except for the fact that she's not really sorry because basically Katie's like, you took Heather's side. Yeah, because they've known each other for a long time. They're on a show.
Speaker 2: Together, right, they're actual friends.
Speaker 1: And Gina goes, well, yeah, but I told you not to bring it up, so that's your fault. And if I took if I took your side, Heather would be would have been mad at me. I'm from New York. Then she actually, if you think about it, I should have had us back now Jeopardy because of the choices you made. Loves in Jeopardy Baby.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's get to Shannon and Jean the Machine. Oh, which actually brings me to a good f Mary kill Jeane the Machine Shane.
Speaker 1: Or Ryan, Jen's husband or boyfriend.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's a tough one.
Speaker 1: I marry Jane the Machine. Obviously it's kind of a drunk. But okay, a drunk with I think a lot of money. All right, So you married Gane the Machine. You kill Shane easy, Okay, that's yes, all right. I got to make these harder.
Speaker 2: So Shannon goes to lunch with her dad Jane the Machine, And did you notice when she's talking about her childhood and showing picture's like, yeah, I mean yeah, we drank like everyone drank. Sure, we had champagne and all that stuff in our fridge. It was the seventies. We were fun. She keeps saying that over like she's real, trying to convince herself that she does not have an issue. We're just fun.
Speaker 1: So f fun people I have. I don't know that I've ever seen somebody who is less self aware than Shannon.
Speaker 2: The thing is, I think she is self aware, she just can't she just doesn't want to deal with it.
Speaker 1: I think she knows, you do?
Speaker 2: I weirdly do I think that like she's I think she's breaking down this season. I could be wrong, but I feel like she knows but just is not can't handle it.
Speaker 1: What do you think she knows? Do you think she knows that she's an alcoholic because she's sure of fighting with people a lot. But I think this is like the stage.
Speaker 2: Although I think the problem for her is that she's on a show with a lot of big party drinkers, all of them, so it sort of feels unfair. She's like, Okay, well I'm the one who got you know, the most fucked up this time, but so did Gina. Gina's had a dui. You know, you look at it. They all drink a lot.
Speaker 1: Gina doesn't drink anymore, right, she did stop, but it's okay, But you've got that she doesn't. She drink a little bit.
Speaker 2: I think Sheina does occasions she could drink, but when Leuanne got into all that trouble, she kind of tried to get sober but then didn't right and kind of sort of settled back into whatever works for her, you know, for as long as she can make that work. But then you got Tamra, you got Emily, They're all just wasted when they go out. Tamrasn't out of control. Vicki's out of control. So she feels like, why am I the only one that can't have two drinks?
Speaker 1: Right? But the thing is, and we'll get to this later, the thing is that none of the other people, well Gina, Gina did get arrested for a dui, so and now she's doing something about it. The other women, I mean, Shannon has been like this as as we were even talking about off the air since season one. Yeah, herself, so sure to be constantly going like, it's not fair, it's just so, it's just so childish. Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 2: There have been seasons past where they had like interventions. For Shannon, this is not I mean many many times. They had one in the hotel when they were on vacation, at that party. I mean there have been so many different ones. You're right, No, it's beyond and they're sick of it. But then she's having this conversation with her dad and she's she's like, yeah, we're so fun, We're so fun, fun fun. Oh yeah, ps, can you please install a breathalyzer? No, biggie Yeah, says to her. There's obviously something going on because the dad goes, are you cutting down on your drinking? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And then she goes, dad, I barely drink. I limit myself to two. So she's already, you know, putting that like I hardly drink. Well, first of all, if you limit yourself, if you have two drinks every single day, then that's fourteen drinks a week, which is not really nothing. No, it's definitely don't. I don't think that's what they mean when people say two drinks limit. I don't think they mean every day, but maybe she does.
Speaker 2: She's definitely an not Oh, I'm not in no way am I saying she doesn't have an issue. She's an alcoholic and it's sad. It's hard to see, but I think she's starting to kind of I could be wrong about that. She's in denial about so many things, like she the John Jansen that she owes she he's suing her for seventy five thousand or he's asking for a seventy five thousand back and he's going to sue her, And doesn't the dad say like, well, did did he give it to you? And then they try to do that narrative again where it's like, yeah, but didn't you pay for every like you know, she had conversations with everybody off camera, and because she did it with Vicky too, where you everybody goes, yeah, but didn't you pay for everything?
Speaker 1: Did she pay for everything? I don't think so? Okay, Well, if if she paid for everything, why would he be the one? Why would she be going to him for money? Exactly? If she's got so much money, get your own fucking facelift. I don't understand why. I mean, I don't understand why he would have to be wiring money into her account. It makes no sense.
Speaker 2: She did not pay for it. She wouldn't have done that. She wouldn't have been with David and then been with this guy.
Speaker 1: This is what she says too. So the dad goes, well, do you owe him money? And Shannon says she does not say unequivocally, of course not he gave She goes, she goes, well, as far as I was concerned, he was giving me the money, I never signed anything. Okay, Yeah, well I think that that sounds so sus I am concerned as far as I was concerned, So what does that mean? Does that mean, like, well, I've paid for dinner a bunch of times, so like I shouldn't have to pay him back, Like what does it mean? I don't believe. I personally don't believe, and I don't know anything about John Jansen. He seems horrible, But I don't believe that that guy would be suing her if he really did give her a gift, because there's got to be proof of that. There's got to be texts where either she where he was like, no, I insist that you don't have to pay me back. I guarantee you.
Speaker 2: She was like, I'll pay you back one hundred percent. Was alone, That's what I wrote down to you. I wrote, wait, so it was alone because she's not denying it, she's talking circles around it. And you're right, I don't think he wants anything to do with her. I mean, he's disgusting. He's like, I don't think he's Brooks level, but you know, not far.
Speaker 1: Then Shannon says, which I think also plays into it. Shannon, who's just the perpetual victim, is like it says in the letter that I have until Tuesday to come up with a repayment plan. So you can't even agree to make payments to him. You're just like, you know, you gave me a facelift. Okay, first of all, let's just say the facelift, because this is what Shannon claims was thirty five thousand dollars. Let's just say Jesus, so he gave her thirty five thousand dollars and then he gave her another thirty thousand dollars. He's wiring her money into her account. Do people really just go like, I just want to give you thirty grand I no, wire it into your account, just for fun, just for fun. Well, yes, exactly, a guy that you're claiming had no money and you paid for everything.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm yeah, no, absolutely not totally not so. So now Dad's like, well, I don't care what it costs. You have to fight it. You go for the jugular. He's giving his daughter very bad advice. Well but yeah, but here's the thing. Here's where this episode got interesting. Both Shannon and then later like Alexis who is the voice of John Jansen, which is all just one big nightmare, one big nightmare. Yeah, they're both saying back and forth, I got receipts.
Speaker 1: You just wait.
Speaker 2: They're both saying like, you don't want what I have on you to come out, right, So either I mean somebody has something, and I think maybe they might both have stuff. It could be horrible stuff that John Jansen has said via text that she's going to put out, or that Alexis you know, I'm sure of course Alexis has receipts. Of course she does, because yes, it was alone. But also Alexis, stay out of it.
Speaker 1: This is between I mean.
Speaker 2: How she's so uh, I get And then that brings us to the next scene, which is Alexis and Tamra, who, by the way, they hated each other so much. Tamra named her Jesus jugs right, and by the way, those those Jesus jugs were bought by her husband, Jim the Worst the Worst, who also sued along with Alexis Tamra, right was last season. But now they're friends because they can just hate Shannon together.
Speaker 1: Because the enemy of my enemy is my friend. It's I mean classic. They're both horrible mean girls. I mean, Tamra is an incredible mean girl and always has been and just doesn't care, right, and also how weird too, especially given like their kids stuff. So Alexis, like we talked about, has a trans child.
Speaker 2: Tamra has a kid that like speaks really horribly about trans Peter. How did they ever have a conversation, Like, I wonder, I wonder how much Alexis even knows about that.
Speaker 1: I think les Is I would. I think she knows and doesn't really care because she's so self interested that it just doesn't matter. She wants to be on this show. She wants She's dying to be famous. I think John Jansen's dying to be famous too, totally with Shannon and probably really despised her the whole time. I bet you, Oh yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 2: So of course they're talking about it and still talking about rehab.
Speaker 1: Oh didn't you go to rehabs? She didn't go, tob and.
Speaker 2: Tam was mad because Shannon didn't go to the rehabs she wanted her. She went to like, you know, one of those pamper yoga retreats. I guess, yeah, which I think it was, like do you remember and we've talked about this Enlightened, Yes, remember when so in Enlightened, Laura Dern goes to like a one of those places where she's like, yeah, we did.
Speaker 1: Yoga and blah blah blah. There were people there for addiction, but I was there for like my mental health, and she swam with the turtles. Right, But because there are people there, and this is going to come back later because Shannon's like, I couldn't drink in my program. But it doesn't mean that she ever admitted that she was there for alcohol, right. She probably just thought she was really stressed out because of John Jansen. He called and she John Jansen. You don't know the truth about John.
Speaker 2: But the thing is, like Shannon, she she probably had to go when she got the arrest. I think there were things she had to do. Yeah, oh yeah, But.
Speaker 1: She probably didn't even acknowledge in there that she has a problem with alcohol, which is so Also, this is a scene where they flash over to Alexis who's talking to producers, and she seems crazy. She's like maniacally going, yeah, I didn't get invited to a party because Shannon got invited. You want some fun at your party, you need Lexi.
Speaker 2: She's renamed herself like sexy Lexi, Like no, no, no, you don't get to give yourself a nickname.
Speaker 1: Then they talk about yourself in the third person, he's a good time.
Speaker 2: She's always been the worst. She really is terrible, and seeing her is it's triggering to me because she was always very like judgmental if people weren't like super religious, super Christian, like she's she's that comes up later, but she's just, oh, she's awful.
Speaker 1: They're all so bad, which is.
Speaker 2: Great a great segue into the next scene, which is that they're gonna party at a bar. Now now they're having a big like drink cocktail tasting. Right of course they are, But I just wanted.
Speaker 1: To talk about this like a tiny bit more because this this sets up something, which is that so Tarma basically is saying that Shannon's an alcoholic and and she says she's been a mess the entire ten years I've known her. So this is where even though I don't like Tamra clearly, but I also was kind of feeling Tama is the kind of person who I think, who like wants to help you, wants to help you, wants to help you, wants to come across and look like the good friend until she doesn't, and then she just totally turns on you. But in her defense, she's like, yeah, like basically they show a flashback to season one, which we were talking about with Shannon, So this is ten years ago. This is way proceeds John Jansen, who she's going to claim later is the reason she drinks. They show her season one at a party at Tamar's house, screaming and going crazy and they called they had to call the ambulance. Do you remember that? And of course, and then that's they had an intervention with her that early I believe season one they called the freaking nine to one one because Shannon was so drunk and screaming around the house and I think like saying she was going to kill herself or something.
Speaker 2: I don't remember that, but she was very upset. She was really riled up.
Speaker 1: But super super super drunk. So then Tamra says, this is in that same scene, Tamra's talking to camera and she's like, even my kids would say to me, Mom, don't pick up the phone, like you can't save her. And she says she tried to help her, and then she says, but like whenever if I had a problem, Shannon like wasn't there for me. And I thought, this does track because I have had a friend like this that you know, where it was always, always, always create like craziness as mental illness, chaos, and if I wasn't there for it, then I was like the enemy, right if I didn't but never if there was ever something about me. And this goes way back to way early days of my friendship with this person. Yes, she would almost act like she didn't know me. Yeah, if it was like my thing, and I put up with it for a really long time. So I was sort of empathizing with Tamra that, like, Okay, wait a minute, since I met her, she was a total hot, unstable mess and everybody's rallied around her all the time. But it's always other people's fault. Because then she says to Alexa, she's like, and now she's blaming John for her drinking, right, And.
Speaker 2: Then that's so very true. That's so true what Tamra says. It's just what happens in the next scene is madness.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: But I understand. I'm glad you actually brought that up, because yeah, it does make it make a little more sense when we get to that, which is okay, let's get to this scene.
Speaker 1: So Gina's throwing like a cocktail party.
Speaker 2: Which I think is weird. I'm not sure. I don't think Gina doesn't drink. I really don't. You right, Yeah, she does drink. I mean she doesn't drink and drive anymore interesting, Okay, But I don't think she's totally sober. Maybe she is, I you know what, we should probably know that. But I why would she throw this and the guy comes out?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and she doesn't ever really talk about like sobriety or talk about not drinking. But here's another thing. I'll say, it's very possible that Gina got a DUI and is not an alcoholic. Like I believe that we talked about this before. Gina could have been going through a really hard time in her life and abusing alcohol and.
Speaker 2: Or just not that day yet, that day where she was doing a bunch of stuff and went to like some weird afternoon event and had two or three glasses rather than one, and that was it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And the big a big difference though to me from where I sit, is that Shannon has been having horrible problems with getting drunk and like freaking out on people for years and years and years totally. So there is to me a really big difference. And I think that Gina and it makes more sense now that I think about it, if she drinks. That's why Gina is always so so careful not to judge, because you know she's like, well, I drink. I mean, it's very possible that she's not an alcoholic. I guess, like I don't know her that well.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying, saying and so, but it's also hard I have to say. I mean, Chanton can quit the show, I guess, but every it's like producers are making it impossible for her because everything is really about drink.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's that's an excuse. I fully disagree with that. She is a grown woman. Kyle quit drinking good on me on Beverly Hills. And although it wasn't complaining about like oh my gosh, their mate, they're forcing me to drink. I will say this, you're right to. I agree with you.
Speaker 2: But I do think that the OC, in particular, and similar to New York, it is so drink it's so drink heavy. They're such big partiers, whereas in Beverly Hills, so it's Beverly Hills. Well, I guess, just what's her face, Sutton, because like when it's somebody who, by the way, is like inserting herself in this show as well. Sutton's really the one you look at and you go okay, compared to the others, she doesn't.
Speaker 1: I would say every single event they do at Beverly Hills, they're drinking. You don't have to drink. I mean, you saw with Alexis and Tamra they got to and they were as she made a joke that like, oh, we're just getting together for to eat cheese and drink diet coke. M yeah, I mean it's because Shannon's not doing any work, actual work on herself of like seeing her part in anything.
Speaker 2: Well, she's not even I was gonna say she's like a dry drunk, but she's not even dry. She's still she drank at this event, right, She's You're so right because she it's so bad whatever she's going through her issue is so awful or so bad that she can't even pretend. She can't even go to a thing and not drink for a couple hours.
Speaker 1: Well that's the thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, good point, because if that's what she's doing on camera, then it's still really fucked up.
Speaker 1: I'm saying, how do you not just go like Optics, like, you know if you're like, I don't know. I'm still struggling with this. But this is the thing with all of these women Optics. Like earlier in the episode, something that we kind of skipped over was they were sort of saying about how Jen was wearing is wearing a Rolex and I do understand that. You're like you owe all these people money. Yep, how do you not just go like, maybe wearing a Rolex around isn't my best look, you sell the rolex and pay your shit well, And that's what they're saying, and then we go, oh, they're so judgmental. It's like, but but but what how does how does that not occur to you? Like I'm just walking around of the rolex like in your face. I don't give a fuck. I don't pay my bills because I can't because my husband was giving me money. I don't under I just I don't understand. I don't understand why Shannon wouldn't be like maybe I just won't drink right, No, You're in front of all these people when I just when I'm anyway.
Speaker 2: It's so funny because we come into every episode like I when we take notes, whatever, and I'm ready to go, like we're ready to be really funny, like that's what we come into it. But then we get we both get so serious, which I kind of love. I love about you like having these conversations. I hope people like this because we go deep into their psyche. I mean, I like, I come into it like with all these like oh, this is LiOH, this will be funny, but then I'm just having these really serious conversations about Shannon's mental health.
Speaker 1: Well it's hard because you know, as somebody who doesn't drink, but who took a really long time to realize that I shouldn't be drinking. So I understand because I have been Shannon in the like, but it's not I think it's just this. I think it's just that stress. I think it was just like being a mom. I think it's just you know, and you want to blame everything else because you do want to be able to drink because.
Speaker 2: You see your friends, you see everyone else be able to handle having one or two drinks, and they're fine usually ish, rightish, not all of them.
Speaker 1: But I just think that Shannon has been so awful in so many scenes that it's really hard to like it's like the Boy who Cried Wolf. It's like, okay, yeah, you just keep it, insisting that it's just everybody else, that everybody's just mean.
Speaker 2: You know who I relate to. You relate to Shannon in that way. I relate to Shane in a lot of ways.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: You know that because I just, you know, I kind of failed the bar and I you know, I'm short.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you do all of the work around your.
Speaker 2: House, and I mean I loved I love some fries, and I take care of the kids. Yeah, yeah, I just I mean, I'm really attracted to Emily.
Speaker 1: So if I couldn't, I thought I couldn't dislike somebody more than Shannon. And then Vicky came along. So Vicky's just like, you can have a drink. You're not driving, You can have a drink, have a drink. Why wouldn't you have a drink you're not driving. They can't tell you can't have a drink. That was fucking insane. So here we are.
Speaker 2: So Heather's mad by the way that there's no seating chart, which I kind of understood. I was actually team Heather on that one too. It's like, please don't make all the terrible people sit next to each other. Right, She had such a good point.
Speaker 1: She was just like, oh my god, there's so many people that can't be seated next to each other's. She can't sit next to Katie, Jen can't sit next to Emily or Gina, right or Gina. There's so many people that can't sit next to each other. Shannon can't sit next to Alexis. So there's only certain people that can be like next to each other, right, But it was just impossible. So it all begins.
Speaker 2: Alexis confronts Katie about the golf event, but that doesn't go anywhere.
Speaker 1: Kittie's like, yeah, sorry, yeah to try Lexi sexy Lexi didn't work out. No, So then so Tamra so Vicki's like, you can have a drink. You can have a drink, you're not driving, and Tamar goes she doesn't need permission. That okay, this is where it begins. So Tamra's like, she's at alcohol, shut alcohol, at shed drink. Well no, first she just goes she doesn't need permission. Camera's basically going like she's a big girl. She can decide to drink or not drink. On her own. She doesn't need your permission. And then Shannon's all, I'll have a belvetere in soda. What are they trying to prove, bitch? It was so that was so cringey, and then goes down the rails. Yeah. So then Vicky is just keeps I don't know why Vicky thinks that she needs she already ordered the drink. Move on. She's like, yeah, you can have it, you can have it. You're not driving. Yeah, And then that's when Tamer goes, oh, yeah, an alcoholic should drink, great idea, and everyone.
Speaker 2: She's saying that, but she's saying that as she's sipping her martini, which is not her first martini. Of that scene, I'm a guarantee she's definitely like drunk and dead behind the eyes. So, I mean, it's just like the Messenger isn't great here a drunken lady who might have her own whatever issues.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, no, it's like there's no heroes right.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. She was so horror She's just horrendous. And even Alexis in this moment looked like she had some a little bit of empathy for Shannon. She everyone shut up, you know, it shows everyone like gasping, basically, but even Alexis look like I don't really like that. I shouldn't say it, but I don't. I had a moment with Alexus where I was like, Okay, she looked like a human there.
Speaker 1: But Vicky just doesn't understand anything about alcoholism. So Vicky's just like doubling down. Well, she can drink, she just can't get behind the wheel ever, ever, ever, ever, unless Jesus is her co pilot, that's the only time she could get behind the wheel if she's had something to drink, if Jesus driving.
Speaker 2: Could you possibly I can't imagine putting worse people in one big cast.
Speaker 1: It is why you checked out of the OC when you did. Yeah, And I don't blame you.
Speaker 2: I mean that Vicky is just every time I think it's the worst, then Vicky, you're right, Vicky comes along and it's just like, oh yeah, yeah, she could you.
Speaker 1: Could get worse. Vicky's like, hold my velvetere and soda. Yeah, so they're all fighting.
Speaker 2: Gina says something she I just read. She speaks the truth. She says something at some point I don't remember exactly what.
Speaker 1: Hamamer is like, well, do you believe she doesn't have a drinking problem. And then Shannon starts to go like, you've been on this path for ten years with me, and Tambor goes, everybody has right and then Sheannon goes, oh, may to you the judge and jury every day I think about what happened. And Tamra goes, oh, is that after you have a drink? And then they go to commercial and one of the commercials that I had was for Gray Goose, which I just was like wow. And then Emily goes, Okay, I think she's changed. What how the fuck would you know? Emily? That's crazy? And then Gina goes, I think she's done a good job working on herself.
Speaker 2: I think she's really worked on But they're trying, because you know, they're watching somebody just be taken down. Who's not the worst person that Shannon's We wouldn't want to be friends with Shannon.
Speaker 1: But she's not, like she's not a that a mean person. No, she's not, you know, rubs some people the wrong way.
Speaker 2: Well then so Tama throws in the facelift and John Jansen and she's just every first, Shannon goes, you know what, you know what Tamra, let's look at your drinking.
Speaker 1: You went Dan to wait at Nobu and goes, so, what, there's a big difference between drinking and having a good time and being an alcoholic.
Speaker 2: So but like Tamra is also an alcoholic.
Speaker 1: Yes, but and then Gina goes, how do you feel about all this, Vicky? And then Vicky goes, I think it's disgusting. I am fighting discussed but also didn't even love.
Speaker 2: I did love this Jen Katie moment where they were like the muppets, those guys and the muppets that sit in the balcony. Yes, so they were just like commented, they were out of the they were not in the fight, but they were just had such great little comments.
Speaker 1: Was this the part where they were like she looks great.
Speaker 2: Ah, she does look at the face.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was the facelift and she's like, oh, that comes up. That comes up a little a little later because I really wrote down everything that people were saying during this part because then because then Vicky goes that all this fighting is disgusting, and then Emily goes, but you start fights all the time, and then Tamra is like, oh, then they start talking about the fact that like, Tamra kind of unfriended Shannon and Vicki, and then Tamra's like, I am loyal, but I They're start talking about who would be good on Traders.
Speaker 2: Oh God, that was such like weird advertisement for that.
Speaker 1: Yes. So then but then Tama's like, she needed to go to rehab, and Vicky goes, she did go to rehab, and then Tamer goes, she went to No, she went to like therapy to find out why she dates bad guys, and then alexis. Then Alexis laughs because they're basically making a John Jansen reference, right, So then Shannon goes, this has to stop. I've had two conversations with you about this, and Tamer goes, yeah, and you were drunk every time, and.
Speaker 2: As Tama's drunk, like falling over drunk basically, and then Shannon's like.
Speaker 1: I couldn't even drink in my program, and Tamra goes, lie, lie, Lie, lie lie, which I don't I don't know how that's a lie. I don't know. I think she was drinking in rehab.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know if what really was rehab or just kind of a getaway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she also might not have been away for thirty days, she might have just been in doing outpatient probably that's what.
Speaker 2: I would imagine. So then so Shannon storms out and this made me laugh. I do want to say this because Shannon's done this before and I always notice it. She storms out, and then Jen goes out to see if she's okay, and Shannon says, She's like, I'm just really hurt that nobody came out to see if I was okay, and Jenn's like, uh here, yeah, like but you.
Speaker 1: Don't matter, You're nothing right, like an og right. But then Jen makes things like ten times worse because Jen's like, yeah, I came here to basically tell you that the women are showing all these receipts for the wire transfers, and you did get seventy five thousand. Why would you come out there to tell her that? And then Shannon goes, it was sixty five thousand, it was thirty thousand, and then another thirty five, So then she basically admits it. She knows that right, and then Shannon Shannon to camera is like, Alexis has canceled checks, what is she on dateline? She better save those receipts? Well, girls, she did what do you mean she better saved those receipts. She saved the receipts. She's out in the restaurant showing them to people right.
Speaker 2: Now, right, So when they go back into the restaurant, alexis just out of control.
Speaker 1: Oh wait lately, okay, But then then Shannon is still talking to the producer and she's like, John's a monster and I could put out stuff about him, and the producer goes like what she goes, well, I can't say because he'll sue me. But she might not be wrong about that.
Speaker 2: I thought about that, and I was thinking, like, Okay, well maybe she's you know, if it's true, he can't sue her. If there's something, if she has actual receipts, then he can't, right, But yeah, that was funny. The producer kind of call was like, Okay, I will show it, tell us now's the time. Yeah, yeah, but I think he's got stuff on her too.
Speaker 1: Who knows.
Speaker 2: It could be like all kinds of weird racist things that they said jokes, Who know, like, it could be anything that you got to be careful of the other person. And I think they're playing that they're dancing. But what we do know is that she owes John Jansen money. There's no questions, Yes, there is no question and so but Alexis is like going wild to the point that even Emily is like, you're being a little aggressive. Yeah, this guy from Emily, I'm scuse she's not eating a sandwich for you're a little work.
Speaker 1: Well, so okay. So Vicky is saying to Tamra that girl needs a hug and she needs to know that the DUI won't be a label on her. And then Tamer's like, I'm not going to enable her, Like Tamras is done, and then Vicky goes, I'm not enabling her at all, Yes, you are. You fucking just tried to convince her to drink. You did convince her to drink. How it's the opposite. She's of course enabling her. Vicky's ridiculous. Vicky's going, you can drink, you can drink. Why can't you drink? You're not driving, you can drink. That's not enabling. So Tamer goes, she needs to quit drinking or I'm done with this relationship. Bitch, You're already done with the relationship, and go back to Tamra.
Speaker 2: Even I would never trust her after like yelling about Okay, you're yelling about the alcoholism, you're trying a tough lover whatever, but then you're yelling at about everything. John Jansen, Yeah, like, I mean, she's being vile. I don't even know what kind of friendship could be salvage. They will, though, Shannon will come crawling back, I assure you, And because it happens every time, it's awful. But then this is the best part of the whole thing. You know what I'm going to talk about. So Vicky Vicky's sermon, the speech, this crazy sermon about Jesus. Then she points to everyone and she's like, you know Jesus, you know Jesus, you're all believers. And then it flashes Heather, who is Jewish, and then Katie, who is a Buddhist, and flash I got a screenshot, but then for some reason, my kid didn't take I thought I got this best screenshot of the like side eye of memory.
Speaker 1: Huh, Like they both look.
Speaker 2: Heather looks so annoyed in this conversation because she's like, you know Jesus, you know Jesus, you know Jesus, all of you know Jesus.
Speaker 1: Not well, no, not all of them.
Speaker 2: Then Heather, by the way, I think she's made a whole thing because Shane is Mormon. Oh okay, and so they had they had a tough time at the beginning of their relationship because she was agnostic and still sort of struggles with religion, and Shane is of course, Shane is Mormon, of course, of course. Actually no, shockingly, because Mormons are usually really hot. You know that, I have like a crush on a lot of Mormons. I'm not even joking this up where people look it's no, but it's a very it's a hot.
Speaker 1: They're hot to meet.
Speaker 2: And Shane I don't know how he got in there, but yeah, all three of those. So you have Heather, Katie and Emily going like, okay, calm down, Vicky.
Speaker 1: It's pretty funny though, because then Heather says to the camera to producers, Vicky claiming she's above it all is rich, and then Emily says it too, and she's like, please roll tape of Vicky being disgusting. That was really funny. I liked Emily in that moment.
Speaker 2: And then of course they do they really they rose to the occasion producers, and Vicky is literally the world I mean but is she the worst because you've got Chilie Dolben somehow, Yeah, but she got Kelly Dodd was worse. Like every time you think it could be the worst person I've ever seen, they get worse.
Speaker 1: On this particular brand. Kickie was terrible. This is why she got fired. She's terrible, terrible, terrible.
Speaker 2: Also terrible to producers, like she was fighting with Andy Coke. This has happened a lot where it's like what do you do with the og? I think this happened a little with Teresa on you know Jersey. At some point they get like too big for the show, and they think that happened with Jacks, but then they come back every single time like Jack's you know, they fired him, you got to get off the show. He was talking, she was coked out and saying how amazing, and he runs the show and Andy's like, nope, you're out. But now he's got his own show around him.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So the same thing happened with Vicky where she got I mean, she's a friend quote unquote, but like she's you know, she's in it as much as she wants to be. I did end my notes with I love Emily now so I did want to say something possible, well.
Speaker 1: I had basically Vicky and yells to everybody she shouldn't drink and drive. But this is icky. We need to support women's right. And then Heather and Emily whispered to each other, which I thought was interesting that she, yes, Shannon is an alcoholic and she does need rehab and she shouldn't be drinking at all, but she looks amazing, Yeah, she goes, Yeah, she really does.
Speaker 2: She really does look good.
Speaker 1: She does look good. What is that? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, not just that's the Heather, you know, married to a plastic surgeon, take.
Speaker 1: I think like the basically overall my feeling is that I don't like. I don't like the fact that Shannon clearly has a lot of problems with substances and she has so much drama. And my problem with it is like, that's fine and even if you want to drink, but you can't always expect everybody to like it. Can't always be like why isn't isn't everybody taking care of me and her whole thing? It's like it just bugs me dad, dad, my horrible ex. John Jensen says, I owe the money, Well do you. Well, in my mind, I don't like everything is like, who's going to take care of me? Who's going to solve this for me?
Speaker 2: There's almost always some someone on every you know, We've got Sutton in Beverly Hills. There's always someone except Jersey. I was racking my brain. There's no they don't have any drinking.
Speaker 1: They don't.
Speaker 2: I mean they drink, but they don't seem to have like major Well, no, that's not true. There is one that kind of drinks a lot and then throws glasses and stuff, so that's something. No, So yeah, that proves my point. There's always someone on every franchise that's like really needs help. You're like, you're really what it's like you're watching Bad Girls Club meets like celebrity rehab in a way, but not for intervention or something very responsible.
Speaker 1: I mean, Sonya, I feel like could have died on this show.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent. That's why Bethany was losing her mind about it. She was getting so mad. She was the Tamera. Sonya has a lot of issues. She's had multiple DUI's like, I don't understand how like it's it's I mean, I mean, lou Anne is back to pretty bad, by the way. She made a TikTok thing the other day. You know, remember the TikTok thing. I made one where they do they mouthed like, I'm looking for a man in finance.
Speaker 1: You know that one?
Speaker 2: Just fun? Yeah, five blue eyes. So she does it, and so it's Countess Luanne. She's on a raft and she's like, I'm looking for a man in finance.
Speaker 1: She just says it. She doesn't mouth it.
Speaker 2: You're supposed to just do She doesn't get that you're supposed to just see if you can time it.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: She doesn't do that, and she's just like, look, she seems really drunk. Her eyes are like cross, she's like in finance, just fun. She's wearing like a crazy hat. So I'm not sure she's doing so great. Yeah either, you know, I don't. It's just but you're right, it is so irresponsible. That is exactly right, which is why Leah McSweeney is suing. She doesn't have a case, but she's suing for that exact thing.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, she's claiming that they were trying to get hurt. She started drinking again though before she started the show, Like I guess, right, I don't know. I think I'm trying not to be I'm really trying not to be judgmental, but I do know that a big part of like my recovery has been accepting responsibility. So it bugs me when none of these people take any responsibility. First, yes, they're grown women. You can decide to drink or not drink, like you can't if you're Liah McSweeney too. You can't be like, well, they knew I was an alcoholic and they made me drink. Well, they didn't, though. You decided to start drinking before any taping started on your first season, so then you were basically in a relapse the whole time. But I don't know how that's everybody else's fault, right, I know. I'm sure it's difficult. I'm sure it's difficult to do. You have to go tape or film, you know, and people are all having drinks, and yeah, I can understand that's hard. But your own dad did. You're going to sue him. You went to lunch with your dad and he immediately ordered wine, right, right? No, I know, I know. So it's not really the show, it's society. Like it's a lot of people if you're around a lot of people that drink all the time. Yeah, it's gonna be done.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be hard, right, And like you said, people have been able to get sober on these shows, like Kyle. Kyle weirdly enough, who didn't even really seem to have a drinking issue. To me, she had, right, I mean maybe she had a little going I don't know, compared to the others, Like she seemed totally together, right, but she didn't.
Speaker 1: Feel like it. I guess inside she felt like she was abusing alcohols. She didn't want to do that, and.
Speaker 2: She knew a man and her family, you know, her mom had issues obviously, Kim her sister h major, major alcoholic, right. I mean that was tough. That was the first time we really saw that was on you know with Kim. I've never seen anything like that on reality TV. Right, But it was almost like that was helpful. They did it on camera to make her, but it took her years to get better after that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, I don't know. I don't think that all day. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, because they're seeking people like this because that makes better TV. If you know, if you had a show it was all Kyle's and Katie's right, nothing would happen. But it's it's now we're getting it, does It is getting icky because we you know, for a long time we loved watching these crazy fights and these drunken crazy but now twenty years later, I'm like, what, I still watch it.
Speaker 1: It's hard. Yeah, that's the thing. It's it's I guess it pains me because Shannon has kids, and you know, it's got to be really hard on her kids when they've lived with her their whole life and they know that she's constantly like John Jansen, everybody was terrible, her David was, to David Badore, David, David, David, it was it's always everybody else. And I just feel for the kids. She raised good kids, though they seem to be doing well.
Speaker 2: A lot of the kid's on these shows are well, not Tameras non no, you know, not Tameras, but a lot of them, for some reason, I have turned out okay, which is kind of shocking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is okay, all right, Thanks everybody.
Speaker 2: Well you guys, thanks for being here. Obviously, Bachelorette next week will continue with ninety Day You If you're not on Rose Pricks, Patreon.
Speaker 1: I haven't even told Stephanie about this.
Speaker 2: I'm going to tell a story on Patreon about the Bachelor that she does, and I'm not going to tell you before. So join Patreon for next week. We'll join it anyway to support us. And I've got a little inside scoop that's crazy like a macro Nutso not about this season, just about about everything. Oh wait, yes, yes, yes, so joined for that, and then of course we'll continue with the OC next week.
Speaker 1: All right, bye everybody, Bye bye, thank you. Bye.