Speaker 1: I want to thank all the new listeners for fifty plus.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at them as a recordings to look at today's charts and yesterday's and I'm like, top two out of eighty shows, what's going on?
Speaker 1: Well, thank you for listening to us.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that I'm talking about stuff about being over fifty. Things I'm thinking about. You might be two, but this show, I want to make us so clear. I want to make this show clear doesn't know as you get older. I want to make this clear about the show. It's for anybody fifty plus, but those are for anybody under fifty who want to know kind of like what we're going through and what you might be going through to you when you reach our age, or if you have someone in your life, a parent, older sibling, older friend, you want to understand more because I'm talking about things that affect us, but some things we affect us are universal at any age.
Speaker 1: But I use you have a spin of like.
Speaker 2: How it is this age I'm telling you next went to me fifty six, and so I'm really in my fifties head towards sixties.
Speaker 1: So I mean I have fifty.
Speaker 2: Plus and I and I was thinking about this subject today because today we lost well, yesterday, my mom's dog, Lucy passed away.
Speaker 1: Maybe you know this was already online. He fought me online.
Speaker 2: She was my mother officially my mother and my late stepfather's dog, the last dog they got together in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 1: He died beginning in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 2: So for most of twenty twenty three, because my mother got sick and almost died, I was taking care of Lucy. This is my brother so wet, but it was at her house and I had a chance to bring her over here. I've been wanting to bring over to this house for so long. I thought we had many years. She's only nine years old and seemingly healthy, so I thought we had a million years ahead of us. Because I'm figuring I want to bring her over here and how I hang out becuse I they gonna go sleepovers. But we, you know, the three of us, my brother and I my mother were taken care of Lucy for most of the last two years three years, and so she's.
Speaker 1: Not officially my dog, but we were close to her.
Speaker 2: But she's officially my mother's dog, and she helped my mom, who is almost seventy five, got her to walk, got to walk around the block, says at energy exercise, and kept her going. And I want to bring this up to people who would be listening under fifty, and those are on fifty. If you're a parent or an older friend or whoever can still grandparents can still move and still do stuff on their own, sometimes an animal is the best bet for them. My mother already decided we were so glad she because we were designed as too that once lose. We found Lucy got. Lucy got sickly fast. She stopped eating about two weeks ago, so I getting sick. We found she had renal failure and then she not so but we were talking as she was dying. We were saying how my mom said I want another dog when our original dog Scrabble died. There were some years went by and we were really moaning while so that my mother and her husband Moses were like, we're kind of sitting around like we like having it. We like having dogs. There's dogs they need your ready need you. And so they got Jerry. It only lasted a short time. I think it only lasts like a year or two. Then he died and then right away they were like uh, we want another dog. They got Lucy, actually named Lucy, that was my name. He gave her the rest all rescues. We always do rescues. So for an older person who doesn't work, who's retired, doesn't wan anybody to live with them, she wants to live with her, uh she was. She wants to live on her own. Then at least having a dog. And these these these are all small chiaha dogs, small dogs. Have a dog that gives her a reason to get up, take the dog outside, a dimp You know, these things gives you a reason to do feet. I'm gives reason to do stuff. And I would believe that all sorts of great therapy. This is animal who just loves you, unconditionally around you. Oh, there's morning and loss for her husband, and morning the loss of a lot of her just freedoms and lives. Animals are expensive and there are a lot of work. But here's someone will give you a little different and I like us. Another angle to this, my mother's will. We sety five in June and she's in at the greatest hell. She's okay, but since she almost died two years ago, and there's still some health issues here and there we know that are natural.
Speaker 1: She could go in another five, ten, fifteen years.
Speaker 2: And I said seventy five fifteen years is ninety. So if she lives to ninety, that's a super blessing, right, But we gotta be realistic.
Speaker 1: She may not. She may. We know they do.
Speaker 2: My family don't live that long, so just in generally just they usually don't. But Moses, who is not my blood relation, obviously her husband, he lived to almost eighty. He was born in thirty six, died in twenty three. He was almost eighty five, but he was he was.
Speaker 1: His eighties when he lived.
Speaker 2: But I'm trying to put a jeeps to my MoMA, and they decided to say that this kind of going by genetics and what we've seen before, and she could totally surpass it.
Speaker 1: We have to be realistic.
Speaker 2: Now, that's one of the things you get in your when you get fifty plus, if you have any parents left, you start grandparent and you start to rerealistic. Look at the time they may have left with us. If the natural order of things happen is toll your truth. The oldest person doesn't always die first. I've seen it happen manion times. So but just me, just mean we're aware of our mortality. Add a dog to it. Because the last couple of dogs we got were rescues. There were mid level. Because it's only nine. I think Jerry was like in ten or eleven, so they're a little older. There are rescues. We don't know everything about them. Scrabble. We asked grabb what he was a friend's dog we got from birth, and he lived a long time, seventeen sixteen, seventeen years, sixteen years, So that's the question. My brother and I are like, okay, we don't have animals at our house. We don't have dogs. That's a big responsibility, right, And I went if I were saying, if my mother gets a dog, she can see a dog next week. And if we don't get a rescue and just get get a a dog from somewhere, it's a baby sixteen years from now, it's ninety. Also, it's like, oh my god, which means i'd be.
Speaker 1: In my seventies, Jared. I mean it's like sixties.
Speaker 2: Were thought them, like if she passes, do I want to take care of an animal.
Speaker 1: In my seventies? Okay?
Speaker 2: Or you know it's sixties, like do I want to do. I want to do that, Like, I don't know. It's a lot of worry with cats. There are a lot of work with litter boxes and stuff. So and I love animals and I just love them. But I'm a big plant person. I'm big, you know, and so chances are and people are like, well you always get really dog like.
Speaker 1: No, of course I give it.
Speaker 2: If my mother passed away in five years and the dog is gonna, know me, my brother, I'm not gonna just give her a cankey rid of her. I gotta take her in so we'd have it to take care of dogs. So it's like you just can't do that. So I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's it's they're protoconsole the whole thing.
Speaker 2: But that's the thing something I never thought about before under fifty, but over it's like, oh, well, if you get her this, how long will it last? That's something you. So I think about you and I as we fixed. We also got our roof fixed. And I'm saying we're paying this over twenty years, twenty and forty months. Well, twenty years from now, I'll be seventy six. Twenty years now should be ninety five.
Speaker 1: My mom.
Speaker 2: So again, if she's still here. I mean, that's just like that's our house, one of our houses.
Speaker 3: If we continue, we'll be paid off because it's because one of our houses is done it like a like thirteen or fourteen years.
Speaker 1: So I got some ideas in place for that. I'm unprepared a little bit.
Speaker 2: But again, these are the things you think about when you're fifty plus. Now some people, if you're smart, you should think of so I take it. Take this to take away. If you're under fifty, think about it now, Like that's my message. I always rented. I always was renting from somebody. I didn't own anything, and then I owned something later. But I never thought about the future, for the giant future, like when I'm in my golden years, if I make it that kind of thing. But now I'm in the golden years, so to speak, beginning of them. I'm like, oh, yeah, I got something about this stuff. Don't stress your stuff out, of course, but just like you just really just the younger you figure some stuff out, the better you offer you'll be. I think it's there too late obviously, so that's why you know I'm got it.
Speaker 1: But it's a it's it's all a trip folks. It's like you're moving along.
Speaker 2: You think all the time in the world, then you click over fifty and you realize you don't. We're not getting out of here live. That's just not how that works. So I get at so I do, and so I think that's what it is. I don't know, but again, thanks for the seats to the show. I love sharing my thoughts with people and you share yours. Fifty pluses on all audio shooting service platforms, and a few videos are on YouTube a jailj Media. I will talk to you all next time Tuesday, so when the episodes come out.
Speaker 1: Bye,