Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, The Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app. Did you hear about former President Trump sitting down with doctor Phil Yes? Did you hear that he claimed he would win California if Jesus came down to count the votes.
Speaker 2: I in California. Yes, he would not win, but if.
Speaker 1: Jesus came down, he would if he would have an honest vote counter, if Jesus came down to count the votes.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, He's like.
Speaker 1: There's signs. There's Trump signs all over California. Here's right, He's right, But the people without the signs, by and large are the ones that show up.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Vice President Harris we know is going to sit down with CNN tomorrow night for her first interview since President Biden dropped out. The Democratic nominee is going to be joined by her running mate, Minnesota Governor Tim Walls. Dana Bash is going to be doing the interview down in Savannah, Georgia tomorrow six o'clock our time.
Speaker 3: A couple notes about that.
Speaker 4: Pamala and Waltz are not dating. I don't need to see the chemistry between those two.
Speaker 3: Good point.
Speaker 4: I need to think see it. Can she think on her own? Does she actually have any of her own thoughts? Or is she just a puppet? This is a bad IDEA first interview should be by herself. She could do other interviews with two of them later. Think about this, people.
Speaker 3: I will say this as well.
Speaker 1: If she sat down with CNN and they said, do you think you can win Pennsylvania and Kamala Harris said if Jesus came down and counted my votes, we would be That's all anyone would be talking about.
Speaker 3: I mean we would be Every media outload would be like she is on Is that a fire? Looks like a fire down there? No, that's a generator. This is owing? Well, why is steam coming out of it? It's called smoke? Got it. It's it's a completely different standard. We're holding her too. I mean, let's let's be honest about it.
Speaker 1: If she had said that, well, if Jesus comes down in Pennsylvanian Council oats, I will win in that battleground state, we'd be like, what an unhinged whack job? What was she talking about? If Jesus came back, our lenses are broken. There's so many reasons our lenses are broken. And it feels sometimes talking about that that he said that because we just expected.
Speaker 2: Do you remember the Twilight Zone episode where Burgess Meredith if I remember right, he's the librarian or loves books and then his glasses get cracked.
Speaker 1: Yes, he's well, the problem is is he loves to read it in never has time, and then everyone dies and he's left with all his books and his glasses break and he can't read any of the books.
Speaker 2: It feels like, just the picture of those broken glasses, we are all now struggling to find that one little shard of lens that is that will give us a clear view of what's exactly going on.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: We did get a comment on Instagram and I want to read it because I think we have we have to make this clear to people. Pete wrote, unbiased, you guys are hilarious. Shannon hate are you guys? Your show is like Fox News Light Shannon hates strong women, talks down about them every chance she gets. Gary just a joke unless he's doing the queen and then hashtag rip Queen Elizabeth. There's no there's no reason why we have to be unbiased. We're not We're not a newspaper, not a newspaper. But what I think, I know I do, and I know that you would we try to do this together, is if I'm going to say something about someone positive or negative, I'm going to show you the math.
Speaker 3: I hope.
Speaker 2: And there are times when we'll be critical of Trump or critical of Harris, or critical of both of them, or praise both of them, or critical or praise Gavin Newsom, for example, but we'll have to show our math on that right.
Speaker 1: I've said repeatedly I want Kamala Harris to knock it out of the park.
Speaker 3: I want her to do a great job.
Speaker 1: I want this interview to go swimmingly because I want the best people vying for the top job in the country.
Speaker 2: You're not going to let your desire for that make up for the fact that she has not talked publicly, she has not clarified some policy positions yet then she needs to. I mean, it's great love the I love the idea of a joyful president, sure, but there's more that there's more to that job than feelings and emotion.
Speaker 1: And remember, it's not just about her, it's about the people that she will appoint to do the real work. Who is she going to have in her circle, who are advisors, what does that look like, who's going to be making the decisions on policy for her to stamp? You know that that all needs to be answered, because that's what I'm most most curious about.
Speaker 3: Because you're not just voting for one person.
Speaker 1: You're voting for a whole team of people that have an agenda and what is that agenda? And I think that's why the twenty twenty five project gets so much attention as it does, because you're not just voting for Trump. You're voting for the people he's going to put around him. And a lot of people are using that as the bible for people that he's going to put around him.
Speaker 3: So you're not just.
Speaker 1: Voting for him, you're voting for whatever the other people want as well.
Speaker 3: We should just go home.
Speaker 1: We should go home, I feel like, but we haven't gotten to the fish story. We haven't gotten to the little boy with a broken vase as a dentist or the dentist.
Speaker 3: Well, where do you want to start the dentist? We'll do it when we come back. Okay, Oh man, sorry, you gotta stick around we ran up against the break. We can't do it. We talk.
Speaker 2: We've got to leave after this, So mayby, do you not have a radio or a phone that you could listen on?
Speaker 3: The iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: Doesn't want to take us with her and listen to this drivel. You have two minutes, No, I have forty seconds.
Speaker 3: See. That's the problem is nobody knows when the break. It's thirteen and twenty seven. Amy, did you know that?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 3: She hosts the show here.
Speaker 5: I know what.
Speaker 3: I'm always in trouble because I go over there. Why do you hate strong women? I do because they intimidate me.
Speaker 6: So you're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM.
Speaker 2: Six forty Israeli forces have launched a large operation in the occupied West Bank, killing at least ten Hamas militants. This ongoing operation among the largest in the West Bank in months. Israel says it's rooting out militants there in the West Bank to prevent attacks. Palestinians have said they fear it intends to broaden the war Israel does and expel them from territories that they want for a future state.
Speaker 1: The son of a worker who died in that tire explosion at a Delta maintenance facility near Atlanta Airport. Says his father's body was unrecognizable. He said he wanted to see his dad. He didn't believe he was dead, but the family had to rely on tattoos and a Mississippi state lanyard around his neck to confirm his identity after the medical examiner told them the body was unrecognizable. He was among two workers who was killed yesterday when wheel components were being disassembled for maintenance at a wheel and brake shop Arlington.
Speaker 2: National Cemetery officials have acknowledged that there was an incident when former President Trump visited visited the National Cemetery on Monday. It was actually the third anniversary that botched withdrawal from Afghanistan.
Speaker 3: And here's the way it was reported.
Speaker 2: Supposedly, a National Cemetery worker tried to stop some Trump campaign personnel from taking photos and videos in an area called Section sixty that's where most of the US service members who died in recent conflicts are buried off limits. Federal law bars any photography for political campaign purposes at the site, and a campaign spokesman says, in fact, it was an unnamed and something happened like they were starting to take pictures and a cemetery personnel somebody told them not to. Maybe physical altercation, probably verbal. A campaign spokesman says it was an unnamed individual. This is their statement, clearly suffering from a mental health episode decided to physically block members of Trump's team during a very solemn ceremony. And according to the Trump campaign, they have the video to prove their side of the story.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, tell me about the dentist.
Speaker 2: I went to the dentist yesterday and okay, Elmer, now I have music playing for certain so if you hit that thing and tell me where it is, you can get it.
Speaker 3: Hit the other button, know the other one? No, the other one, No, the other one. There it is. I told you.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 3: I go to the dentist yesterday.
Speaker 2: We were lamenting the fact that I forgot, had forgotten I had a dnnis.
Speaker 3: When I went to the dentist yesterday. After yeah, and.
Speaker 2: The dental hygienis comes out Gary and I said, yes. She goes, great, we're gonna be in this first room. She's very happy, always nice. They're always nice at this post. And she says it's gonna be a little different today because our X ray machines are down and we already talked about I was gonna poo poo the x ray anyway, you don't need it all the time, right, So I was gonna poo poo the x ray. Well, that took the rug out from under me. That's X Ray's not even working.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: And then she also says, what a gift. Also, the little suction machine's not working.
Speaker 3: Oh no, what? So I said, well, now you're gonna drown in your own spittle. How do we do this?
Speaker 2: And she's like, well, could you just give me a little signal and you can lean up and the sinks right there, and I'll give you a little cups.
Speaker 3: Oh that's awful. I would have rescheduled. And I go okay.
Speaker 2: So she starts going through and she takes out the little hook and she's, you know, getting a little enamel and stuff.
Speaker 3: Like that, and I'm just like dying.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm trying to figure out, like, where is where is the limitless?
Speaker 3: I've never I've never been in this position before. I have to determine when am I about to gag on my own? Right?
Speaker 1: And then you start getting a little anxious about it You're like, am I waiting too long?
Speaker 3: Is the gag around the corner?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 2: And then I think, well, I'm a tough guy. I can handle this, right, Yeah, probably fine. And at one point I was like, okay, yes, yes, this is the time. So I go and my mouth how She's like, you did pretty well there, thinking of all the I.
Speaker 3: Don't know if fils. I don't know if that's the compliment that she thinks it was. That is not a compliment. Uh.
Speaker 2: And then you know they do the little they little they polish up your teeth and everything and uh and then have to rinse and stuff. It was just an odd and it went really quickly because they didn't have X ray or anything. So, but it's just an odd. In fifty years, I've never been to a dentist without suction.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it seems to be like very important at a dentist's office.
Speaker 2: And I'm surprised they didn't call and say, you know, call earlier in the day, right, just so you know we're having some equipment problems.
Speaker 1: Because not, I would wager that most people would find that wildly uncomfortable and would reschedule.
Speaker 3: I didn't. That's the thing, is my uncomfortability.
Speaker 2: Yes, I was uncomfortable, but it didn't rise to the level where I wanted to do this again, like.
Speaker 3: Get it in, get it over with me. That's suction. See in six months, I don't want to do this again.
Speaker 1: Well, in classic You and I fashion, I mean, what did we we schedule a cleaning appointment once a year whatever. In classic You and I fashion, my clean apart one day apart.
Speaker 3: My cleaning is this afternoon.
Speaker 7: Uh yeah, yeah, Darry, I show your pain. I was had a doctor and they did that whole you know, we have to drop your drawers and they you know, put the glove on and the lube and all that name. I mean this was terrible, man, I mean checking your prostate. I'm telling you, that's the last time I go to that dentist.
Speaker 3: Get it. You know what it is doctor. You know what is the funniest thing ever? Prostate exams?
Speaker 1: No, the Tim Conway bit in the dentist chair. For me, it does not get better. I've seen that video that bit.
Speaker 3: Oh no he's the dentist.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I've seen that bit about five hundred times and I laugh cry every time.
Speaker 2: It's one that I showed my kids it's one of the absolute classics.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I believe that they should not have cell phones, especially in the service industry. I see that in retail and fast food. The employees are just sitting on their phones or they have them in their pockets, and they're constantly taking them in and out of their pockets. You know, it's an issue with awareness of what's going on the business. It's also a hygiene issue. So yes, no cell phones, especially in the service industry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a great point. At restaurants, I think is where I notice it the app the most. Yeah, when you walk into a restaurant and the host stand or hostess stand, the hosting person stand, if someone's on their phone, I just want.
Speaker 3: To walk away. I just want to say, hey, that's not your priority right now. You're gonna have to say it a little stronger than that. That's true.
Speaker 9: Shit. And uh, yeah, you were talking about cell phone I worked out at the docks, and every time they give a safety speech, which is on every ship, they say, if you're on your cell phone, you'll get fired. So even though I'm on my cell phone right now, I got cameras everywhere, I'm taking a chance of getting fired. But Yeah, they don't. They don't take any tolerance out here on cell phones.
Speaker 3: Have good day, you too, Do not lose your job for us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean come close, so you have a good story, but don't actually lose your jails.
Speaker 1: We already fired that guy from Wrigley.
Speaker 2: Tonight, the Dodgers take on the Orioles at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 3: First pitch is gonna be at seven o'clock.
Speaker 2: Listen to every play of every Dodger's game on AM five to seventy LA Sports Live from the Galpin Motors Broadcast booth. Stream all the games in HD on that iHeartRadio app. Used the keyword AM five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 1: I've kind of taken the rundown and thrown it out the window.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize we had a rundown. We do that doctor story. That's a weird one, all right. Gary and Shannon will continue with a murdered doctor when we come back.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: I AM six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Who would you leave behind at your office if you went on a hike? Officials in Colorado say they rescued a man who was left behind by his coworkers when he summitted a mountain as part of an office group building retreat. If we had some one of our bosses said, we're going on a group building retreat.
Speaker 3: Oh man, I've got COVID can't amazingly, you got it? Kiss like that? Got it weird. They went to the summit of Mount Chevano Friday.
Speaker 2: According to the Chaffee County Search and Rescue and what might cause some awkward encounters at the office in the coming days and weeks. One member of their party was left to complete his final summit push alone. It's worse, it gets worse.
Speaker 1: His officemates had removed the trail markers on their way down. Yeah, a strong storm moves in and he's trapped on the mountain. He survived a night on said mountain while injured.
Speaker 3: I mean at least what.
Speaker 2: He dropped a pin at one point, saying, am I going the right direction? And they responded like getting colder?
Speaker 3: No, No, they didn't.
Speaker 2: They told him to go back up and find the trail again, so they were at least aware that he was there.
Speaker 3: Quick, guests, go around here.
Speaker 1: If we did have to go on this team building retreat.
Speaker 3: Who who who would you leave behind? Elmer? Would you leave behind Elmer?
Speaker 7: Well? So far?
Speaker 3: Yeah, sorry, that's all right. I get people an opportunity to recover. Is Deborah there, Jamie? Who would you leave behind Chris little? Oh? Good call, good call, strong, strong decision. Well, now the poor? Are you just trying to scare them? Or are you gonna no? You want them to spend a night alone on the mountain? Cold but not. I think he's not dead benefit from that. It's so good for you. He would benefit from that. Yeah, all right, I think I would leave.
Speaker 1: What used to be the guy that didn't wear shoes around here, the one who told Chris.
Speaker 3: To eat a bag of these on his way out. He wouldn't be invited. I would not invite him. Now, it would be funny to invite him just so you can leave him on the mountain, leaning right, unbiased.
Speaker 5: Hello, Aaran Shannon, listen all the time, great show. You know, I honestly think it's not Fox light. I mean i'll see an in light whatever, But I mean you didn't cover the RNC, so I didn't listen to the DNC the whole week. I know it's not your call, but I mean it seems like whether you want to do a negative story about a Republican and a negative story about a Democrat, I don't know how you slice it, but it seems like a lot more negative on the Republicans.
Speaker 1: So I think, yeah, people hear what they want to hear or what they don't want to That's what it.
Speaker 2: Goes back to the lens. Our lenses are cracked. Our lenses to look at politics have just been.
Speaker 3: Well, here's the thing.
Speaker 1: I think part of it is some days we are harsh on the Democrats and some days were harsh on the Republicans, and so people will come in and hear one of those days and just think that that's where our lane is all the time.
Speaker 3: And this is not the case. All right.
Speaker 2: A prominent doctor here in southern California shot and killed during an ambush outside his clinic. There's a weird I mean, that's a weird aspect of the story. The other weird aspect is that this guy also happened to have been beaten by a group of guys with a baseball bat a few months ago, and at this point the detectives are not sure if that beating from a few months ago has anything to do with this ambush shooting.
Speaker 1: Hamid Mirschoshai sounds like sounds like they wanted drugs. He well, it could be.
Speaker 2: He was shot and killed as he was walking towards his car in the parking lot at the Woodland Hills Medical Clinic and Urgent Care just after five point thirty on Friday. The laped got there found him suffering from a gunshot wound. He was working as a primary care an emergency care physician, and police do say that there's only one gunman involved in the shooting, but they haven't released any description or any motive at this point. His bio says the doctors bio says that he had patients that included celebrities, movie stars, athletes, many people of different walks of life, drugs well.
Speaker 3: He was a Bord eligible.
Speaker 2: Addiction medicine specialist and had ten years of experience when it comes to what they referred to as addictionology. A former patient said, he was full of love. He's been full of care. He doesn't care that you're just another number in his lobby. He cares about your future.
Speaker 3: Desperate times call for desperation.
Speaker 1: When you're an addict, and you don't have what you're addicted to, you act out.
Speaker 2: But do you take it out on the guy who was trying to help you and so or somehow blame him for whatever happened. Maybe somebody relapsed and thought that they wanted to blame it on him.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's that clean. I mean, I don't know this this doctor. I certainly do not want to, you know, throw dirt on his grave, so to speak. But there are a number of doctors that we have reported on who a deal in the unscrupulous nature of addiction.
Speaker 3: The Matthew Perry Dush is a fact example exactly.
Speaker 2: This guy's wife, by the way, young wife, the six month old daughter. They were visiting family in Turkey at the time he was shot, so they're coming back. He had a couple, he has a few children, actually a few adult children from a previous marriage.
Speaker 3: Before his death.
Speaker 2: Again, the three men armed with baseball bats attacked him at some point a few months ago, and one of the workers there said they came and they beat him with baseball bats. They were strangers that we didn't know. Police haven't revealed any motive for that beating. They also haven't revealed any motive for the shooting from Friday all right.
Speaker 1: Coming up next a disturbing mystery. An elderly couple has vanished from a Newdiest ranch.
Speaker 3: Keep your eyes out.
Speaker 2: Oh, I would a quick party note. We talked earlier today about Chico State. We both have some friends who have kids that are headed to Chico State started school this week. Education and research and ranking site niche has released its roundup of the top party schools in the United States.
Speaker 3: Santa Barbara.
Speaker 2: Santa Barbara, for the third straight year, has come in as the number one party.
Speaker 3: School's always been a strong party school.
Speaker 2: I don't know how many different party school lists there are, but Chico State was. Chico State had that distinction in the mid eighties when it was a playboy that put out the list.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Niche, back when they had Pioneer Days.
Speaker 3: Days, Rancho Chico Days, they had all that stuff.
Speaker 1: It's a bunch of alcohol poisoning opportunities.
Speaker 3: Nudists. We will find the nudists when we return.
Speaker 2: Grammy and Grampy with no Clothes off.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app coming up top of the hour, We're going to get into swamp watch some stuff going on. There were actually a couple of articles that echoed what we had been saying over the course of the last ten days or so.
Speaker 3: Gavin Newsom is not happy.
Speaker 2: He is not happy about the fact that he was kind of pushed to the side with Kamala Harris now taking over as the candidate for president at the Democratic Party.
Speaker 1: It's funny because on Monday we had this conversation about just that, and then Tuesday and opinion piece came out in the La Times and basically said everything that we said.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Also, Kamala Harris and Tim Walls headed on a bus tour through Georgia that's actually got got some potential downside to it. We'll talk about all of that and of course some of the details about what we know what. This interview is going to take place tomorrow with Harris, Walls and Dana Bash from CNN tomorrow night.
Speaker 1: You've heard of nudist resorts, right, but have you heard of family friendly nudist resorts? I thought you could not have both things. How am I supposed to have my children around? Bob over there who has not put on clothes for seventeen years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would be a discussion I.
Speaker 1: Think that you'd have to have with the whites and the kids, and this is how God made us and we're all different, and we're all in different shapes and sizes. Because I'll tell you, when I watched that show on HBO Max where you got to see people naked and choose to date them without knowing who they are, you just based on what they look like naked, I was super traumatized because of the nakeds yes, and just the range you sour pus man.
Speaker 3: God made us all beautiful. Yeah, yeah, it's just odd.
Speaker 2: There is a story that comes to us from out near Colton. Think of Redlands, go south into the mountains. There's a place called the All of Dell Nudest Ranch. It sounds lovely.
Speaker 1: I mean, they've got so many activities, the amenities. First of all, it's an RV situation in an RV park. The amenities are a pool, jacuzzi, a restaurant. They have a clubhouse where they have their activities special events. They've got five miles of hiking trails on the property.
Speaker 3: And listen to the activities.
Speaker 1: Bingo of course, sixties seventies rock dance party, Texas Hold'em, Karaoke, a movie night, nerf War.
Speaker 3: They're gonna have a stand up comedy show coming up in a couple of days, Bunny Hop Dance.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: The reason we know of all of Dell is not because we've been there, but because they are looking for a couple of people who were last seen there, Stephanie and Daniel. Stephanie Menard seventy three, her husband Daniel seventy nine, and their dog Cuddles. Cuddles last scene leaving their home at the Olive Dell Nudis Ranch early the morning of the twenty fourth, so just a few days ago. As deputies began their search, they said they found Stephanie and Daniel's unlocked car down the street from where they lived, and they found Stephanie's purse and both of their cell phones inside their house. When they put out the missing persons report, the Redlands Police Department noted that Daniel also suffers from dementia and diabetes. Oh a friend said, there's just nothing, not even anything to go off of right now. It's very concerning because this is not normal for them. She added that a neighbor first noted notice that the pair were missing when they didn't show up for church on Sunday. They went inside their home to see if they were okay. Inside. Didn't find them there, but they found Stephanie's purse, her cane was in there, The TV and the computer were left on. They said it was just very suspicious for them to have been gone at all.
Speaker 3: Sounds like a cocoon situation. Maybe they just took off.
Speaker 2: They said that other people in that area are now uneasy and they're concerned about their own safety.
Speaker 1: Well, nobody stole Stephanie and Daniel. You know who's in the market to steal an elderly couple, the newest elderly couple.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It is most likely that they found some sort of other situation where they.
Speaker 3: He can't find her and he goes to look for her, something like that. If he's got dementia.
Speaker 2: Maybe he gets confused and leaves and she tries to go get him. Sad friends of the couple say they believe that foul play may be involved.
Speaker 3: As of right now, there's no sign. I wonder why they think that, Like if you went missing.
Speaker 2: Only because it's it's It would be very unusual if my wife called you at seven o'clock tonight and was like, hey, did he say any like?
Speaker 3: I can't. He won't answer his phone.
Speaker 2: I don't know where he is, and he didn't say anything about doing anything after work. Did he mention something to you? And you would say that's weird. No, he said he was going home.
Speaker 1: I would say he was pretty enamored with that dentist visit.
Speaker 3: Maybe he went back for round two. Well, I'm pretty sure she would know that was a lie. Your section still broke? Is it broke? Still broke? Can I get another cleaning just in case?
Speaker 2: I know it's unusual to do two in a row, but there's something about it.
Speaker 3: We are awful, awful people. Oh we are.
Speaker 7: Yes.
Speaker 2: I had to explain this was a funny moment I had last night as well. My phone rang at home. First of all, it was my home phone. Yes, I still have a landline for sentimental purposes. A producer, Michelle called me on my landline. Oh, and she was asking me to clear up a conversation that she was having with her husband about Danny Jansen. Danny Jansen was that baseball player who on Monday made the record books for having played for two different teams in one game and then having to explain, yes, it was two different teams. Yes, it was considered one game, but it was played over the course of seven weeks. It started the end of June, it was completed on Monday.
Speaker 3: And then I had.
Speaker 2: To say, She said, what was the confusion? Well, did he wear both uniforms in the game. The answer technically is yes, but it was seven weeks apart, and I think people got cut in confused with he started and played two innings for the Blue Jays and then went into the locker room, changed uniforms and played for the Red Sox.
Speaker 3: How don't people read the whole story? Well, it is confusionally she reads the whole story. No, it's confusing if you say.
Speaker 1: Although I heard Handled completely screw it up. So maybe that's where the confusion is.
Speaker 3: That she was listening to Bill.
Speaker 1: I mean, the fact that Bill even touches a sports story is criminal on its face. But then to try to explain Handle splaying a sports story, Come on, get out.
Speaker 3: Of here, criminal on its face.
Speaker 2: All right, swamp watch when we come back to Gary and Shannon, you've been listening to the Gary and Shannon Show. You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app