Speaker 1: Hey, now it's time for us to get out of here. Thanks for spending time with us. If you're just joining us, get here a little bit earlier tomorrow, or grab the podcast version of the show. It's available daily search The Sandy Show wherever it is that you get your podcast. Tricia, what do we learn today?
Speaker 2: Well, the first thing we learned Tom bergeron, who was one of the past hosts of Dancing with the Stars. Haven't heard from him in a while, Never really cared about it one way or the other, but he just let us know what his next gig is. It's happening during Shark Week on the Discovery Channel and it is called Dancing with the Sharks.
Speaker 1: Dancing with the Sharks.
Speaker 2: Dancing with the Sharks were expert divers and their shark partners are performing routines in the water and they will be scored on their shark routines. I think it's hilarious. I'm so going to watch it.
Speaker 1: That's funny. Yeah, and nothing's off limits with when it comes to Shark Week. You can call it whatever you want.
Speaker 3: Do anything with shark oh anything.
Speaker 1: Everyone.
Speaker 3: Mike Tyson was going to fight a shark.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Michael Phelps was going to race one, right.
Speaker 2: So I'm going to see what these Shark Diver and Shark partners are doing, because I think that's going to be amazing.
Speaker 3: Another thing we did today was our segment of He Likes Tea Likes.
Speaker 2: We pick each pick something that we've newly discovered or listening to, and my pick was a new body oil that I love that smells delicious. It's by Saltaire s A L T A I R. You can go to Saltaire dot com and it's just a body oil like instead of a lotion. It makes your skin all glowy and dewy and smell amazing. My scent is cental Bloom s A N t A L Bloom, So go to saltare dot com check that out if you want it.
Speaker 1: All right, and mine real quick because Tursa thinks it's dumb. Is a cauliflower recipe. I know, I'm exciting. I know, the world's.
Speaker 3: Most boring vegetable cauliflower.
Speaker 1: Just marinate it in olive oil and Montreal seasoning and then bake it in the oven and small pieces for thirty minutes for at four hundred and it's delicious and healthy.
Speaker 2: Finally, finally, I'm going to reach to you guys. The first funny from this morning. This is all the things you need to make sure you know before you marry somebody. Number one, See where they keep their thrmostat correct. Number two, find out when they like to leave parties. That's actually number one for me. Watch them load a dishwasher. See what state they keep their PC desktop in. Is organized or is it chaotic? And finally, hear the voices that they use for their pets.
Speaker 1: That's huge, that's huge.
Speaker 2: There is nothing that can kill the mood faster for somebody than some hot guy walking in and having some ridiculous pet voice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and most pet voices are pretty ridiculous. Have a great day. Thanks for being with us. We hope you'll join us again tomorrow. Until then, don't take any crap from anybody. And now it's time for us to get up on out of here. Time for us to go. But before we do that, remind you grab the podcast version of the show. Search the Sandy Show where you get podcasts. Give us a follow on Instagram at the sand to show official trust. So what's some of the stuff we learned today?
Speaker 2: All right, Well, the first thing that we learned Sandy, was you taught the unwashed what an amuse boosh is.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's a very small little sample of what's about to come. It's at your finer restaurant.
Speaker 2: That's a little single bite sized or derv that sets up your paltatee for what's about to follow.
Speaker 1: Right, a mouz boosh and a moos boosh.
Speaker 2: Another thing we learned Tom Cruise, he's out at all the movie premieres for his Mission Impossible eighth and final installment. When somebody asked him, what are you thinking about retiring? He said, I used to think it'd be in my eighties, but now it's not going to be till.
Speaker 3: In my hundreds.
Speaker 2: Good for you, Tom, I'm not going anywhere. And he's going to expand some of his other series like Top Gun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's cool. Yeah. A lot of money being made there for you, a.
Speaker 3: Lot of money, and apparently he plans on continue.
Speaker 1: He died the last one, dude, Huh he died in the last Maverick, didn't he?
Speaker 3: Tom Cruise died in the last Maverick.
Speaker 1: No, No, I thought we thought he did. Remember he got right?
Speaker 3: He did not die right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And finally, Sandy told us what the last word in the Oxford English Dictionary is. It's a word ziz zivat, and it means it's a weevil weave tropical weeviel in South America and it's spelled z.
Speaker 3: Wi z z Why v A Why do you say it in an Australian accent.
Speaker 1: Because it just feels Australian to me, ziva rt. It just feels that. I just feel.
Speaker 3: It, just how it comes through.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just feel like down Under.
Speaker 2: I feel like we've we've exterminated the weavils. Like, am I the only one that is a kid? Your mom would be like check the flower, like there could be weavils in the flower if you didn't seal.
Speaker 1: It up well enough and in your cereal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the boxes evils have we eradicated weavils.
Speaker 1: They went the way of smallpox. Tricia, Well, that's good.
Speaker 2: We did not need them a weevil. They're tiny, tiny beetles like a mite. Yeah, they're so teeny tiny.
Speaker 1: Have you ever had one in your hair? Ew ew in your ear?
Speaker 3: Stop?
Speaker 1: No, you ever had a bug in your ear?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: I don't think so. I mean I've had the nightmare that like a spider or something crawled in my ear.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, speaking of spiders. I went to my over my friend's house to work out, and he's got this little gym in his garage. Big giant tarantula joined us. Nope, I got rid of him. I shoot him off. I didn't do I didn't kill him. I just ran him off.
Speaker 3: Remember when we lived out at the lake, we saw translas all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're cool.
Speaker 2: Well, I remember one day in particular. Earlier that day, there was a small coral snake in our front yard. Yep, freaked me out. You, of course, were out of town, because anything weird that happens at home, you're out of town. Then I left, went out the front door to walk to the mailbox to get the mail. There was a tarantula on the step of the front porch. When I finally jumped over it and made it to the to the mailbox.
Speaker 3: When I opened it, there was a scorpion inside me. I was like, I hate it here. I hate this place.
Speaker 1: Have a great day everyone, Thanks for spending time with us. Well, hope you'll do it again tomorrow. Until then, don't take any crap from anybody. All Right, it's time for us to go we'd appreciate you being here, But before we make our way out of here, we'll share with you some of the things that we learned today.
Speaker 2: We're going to recap the portion of the show where we're trying to save your lives people talking about a study done on what eighty five hundred people over a six year period that conclusively shows that walking anywhere from seven to nine thousand steps a day reduces your risk of getting developing thirteen different kinds of cancer anywhere from eleven percent reduction to a sixteen percent reduction, and your risk of thirteen different types of cancer. Just impressing around didn't have to be a crazy gym session or anything weird hard that you feel like you want to die while you're doing it.
Speaker 3: Just walk, Yeah, just walk and be healthy.
Speaker 1: Stroll along, you'll be fine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do the things yesterday I had?
Speaker 1: I was how many steps? Said yesterday?
Speaker 3: Oh, I can't find I had nine thousand yesterday.
Speaker 1: I have to beat you anyway, I'll get it by the end of this card.
Speaker 3: I have to beat you.
Speaker 2: Another thing we learned was that whenever you get in a pool for too long or a bathroom for too long, and your fingertips get all kind of pruney.
Speaker 1: Would you call.
Speaker 3: Him spidery, call him spider fingers. Spider fingers.
Speaker 2: I found out that your your fingers wrinkle in the exact same pattern every single time.
Speaker 1: That's bizarre, I know.
Speaker 3: I think that's so strange.
Speaker 2: It's not like it doesn't in a different It's almost like a waterlogged fingerprint, the same every single time.
Speaker 3: I find that amazing.
Speaker 1: Thirteen seven and seventy seven steps.
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't believe that it's on the thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it's more than you. That's why you don't believe ye.
Speaker 3: I don't. I don't believe you because you made it more than me.
Speaker 2: And finally, our favorite comedian Nabergatzi, here's what he has to say about being born in the nineteen hundreds.
Speaker 4: I think about my parents a lot because that mean way the world is getting very futuristic, and like them, I'm from the nineteen hundreds. You gotta watch out for the nineteen hundreds of people. We're old.
Speaker 1: It's so.
Speaker 4: I mean, my great aunt Helen from the thirties, she's deaf. They didn't know she was deaf back then. The doctors, they had no idea. They were baffled. That's how That's how good doctors were back then. They just said that they looked at her as they smoked in her face. Those are real doctors. They were like, I don't know, she's rude. I'll tell you that.
Speaker 1: Uh. Nateburghotzi good stuff. Netflix specialist called your friend Napergotzi. Check it out. If you like to laugh. If you don't like the laugh, don't watch. Yeah.
Speaker 3: If you don't like to laugh, don't go there.
Speaker 1: Go watch the news. If you want to laugh, have a great day, everyone, Thanks for being here. We'll do it again tomorrow. Until then, don't take any crap from anybody. All right, now we've got to go. We gotta get out of here. If you're just get in here, get here a little bit earlier tomorrow. We'll also take one vote one text message the first one that comes through for the Sandy Show MVP. I'll be tomorrow. Can't text now you text not won't count? Have the number handy seven three seven three zer a one ninety six hundred. And you can also grab the podcast version of the show. Just search the Sandy Show where you get podcasts. Trisha share with everyone some of the things we learned.
Speaker 2: All right, the most exciting thing we learned about this weekend is the Weieni five hundred, Sandy.
Speaker 1: That's big deal, big deal.
Speaker 2: All six of the Wiener mobiles, the fleet of Winermobiles, are going to make an appearance at the Indianapolis five hundred this weekend. They are going to raise each other on Friday. You can watch it live on the Fox Sports app and it's called the Winni five hundred and the winner will be celebrated in the Wieners Circle.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 2: And all of the hot doggers, the guys and gals who drive the winnermobiles will have custom racing suits.
Speaker 3: Official.
Speaker 1: Very fun, very fun. Yeah, if you.
Speaker 3: Say you're not amazed by a Wiener Mobile, you're lying dead inside.
Speaker 1: It's a true engineering genius.
Speaker 3: Right exactly.
Speaker 2: Another thing we talked about today was the debate between the correct way to put on a bra. Women are debating if you put it on straps on your shoulders, cups in front, and then reach behind your back and hook it versus twisting it behind you with the cups on your back, hook it in the front and then you twist it around to put your arms through the straps.
Speaker 3: I don't know why this is a heated debate.
Speaker 1: I don't either, but it certainly seems like the second one is that would be the easier way.
Speaker 3: No, I feel like that hooking it on your back, that's a young girl's game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I mean. Definitely yep.
Speaker 2: And finally we're sad to say Norma's left the bar. George went died at the age of seventy six, peacefully in his sleep, which is how I hope to go when I'm much, much, much older.
Speaker 3: But here's a little tribute to say goodbye.
Speaker 1: To norm before I play that. Can I tell you reason. I was visiting someone and somehow we're talking about dying and stuff, and he's like, I just want to go out in a blaze of glory, like a meteor hit or a missile strike or something like that. He was serious. Really huh interesting ripped to the George here he is, of course, eleven season is norm on cheers, and when he entered the bar it was always a big deal. Half need everybody, what do you know? Not enough? Anybody? Better give me a tall one?
Speaker 4: Guys.
Speaker 1: I like itbody, I was life drinking your norm I just ran over its dog my nipples. It's freezing out there. Well, I am gonna need something to kill time before my second beer. How about a first one. Have a great day everyone, Thanks for being here. We'll do it again tomorrow. Until then, don't take any up from anybody. All right, it's time for us to go. Wishing you guys a happy and safe Memorial weekend. All right, we want you back here on Tuesday with us. Stay caught up with the show. Grabbed the podcast version. Search the Sandy Show. Where it is you get your podcast? It's out there and it is for free fel free, also.
Speaker 2: On YouTube free ninety nine, free ninety Look at you you think Jack, my friend Jack for that famous lines.
Speaker 1: Friday ninety nine. My buddy, richest thing is if it's free, I'll take three. Let's wrap things up.
Speaker 2: What we learned, all right, Well, here's my first funny from the morning, and it's going to really resonate with some parents of teens like it did with Sandy and I. Parenting is fifty percent telling your team to put down their phone and fifty percent asking why they didn't respond to your text.
Speaker 1: That is so true, very fine.
Speaker 3: Balance.
Speaker 2: Another thing we learned Sandy's still alive and still kick anyone in the feud.
Speaker 1: A massive, massive recovery.
Speaker 3: I had a very very poor showing advantage.
Speaker 2: Andy took advantage of it. Yep, got two and seven points a winner. Well done Sandy going into this holiday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't take that. I'm a champion for a week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, tristill win next week. I'll probably win next week.
Speaker 2: And finally talking about winning for the big MVP of the Week vote, whoever texted in my name or Sandy's name first is the person who decided who was MVP for the radio show for the week.
Speaker 3: And I would like to say that I graciously accept the award.
Speaker 1: Yeah. We got hundreds of texts, and almost all of them were for you.
Speaker 3: Oh, some of them were for you, right, like two.
Speaker 1: That was my mom and our daughter, Yeah, and my aunt Mary. That was it.
Speaker 3: That's funny.
Speaker 1: I have a great day everyone. We do appreciate you being here with us. We'll see you on Tuesday. Okay, until then, don't take any crap from anybody.