Speaker 1: Billy Cunningham, the great American, and welcome this Monday afternoon of the Tri State Bengals. Bengals ated on Sunday against Pittsburgh. And according to the experts on Fox Sports, if the Bengals win the next six games, they have a seventy one percent chance of being in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: But they can't lose any more.
Speaker 1: But until then, Senator Ran Paul, my favorite senator from my homestay of Kentucky, Welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show. And Senator I understand you're the ranking member now of Homeland Security and coming up in about eight weeks or seven weeks, you're going to be the chair of the committee with the gabble and real power. I want to ask you an international question before we deal with that, and that is this. The other day, about a week or so ago, I watched President Joe Biden being blessed by a Brazilian shaman with incense. And at the conclusion of that, he walked into the forest and the Secret Service went after him. He also skipped the picture because because last time he was in the picture, they put him in the back row. And as we sit here, assuming the shamans work was effective in the Brazilian rainforest. I look in Israel under attack by the Hesblah, by the Hoodies indirectly through Iran. I look in Ukraine as ballistic missiles are flying into the Ukraine from Russia. I look at North Korean troops either inside Ukraine or on the border. In other words, I see all hell breaking loose. And the best we can do with our commander in chief is a blessing by a Brazilian rainforest shaman.
Speaker 2: Are you concerned? Are you concerned about this?
Speaker 3: It would be funny, Bill, if it weren't tragic, If this man weren't still in charge of our nuclear arsenal, it would be comical to see this man wandering around the rainforest, you know, getting blessed by a sham. And no, I'm still very very concerned about it. I mean, just last week he okayed using long range missiles from Ukraine to Russia.
Speaker 4: And it's easy to say, well.
Speaker 3: Gosh, Russia deserves it. Russia invaded them and crane to be allowed to do this. And yet he's doing this. As the new administration comes in, who's going to try to have a negotiated settlement and to try to get peace. The other thing is is every action creates another action. So while our sympathies are with Ukraine, once they launched these missiles deep inside Russia, what did Russia do? They launched ICBMs, really one of the first times we've seen ICBMs used without nuclear tips. But nevertheless ICBMs were used to launch deep inside of Ukraine. And so it's a terrible.
Speaker 4: Thing that he's doing.
Speaker 3: It's this thing that happens when you have weak, impotent presidents who just simply want to say, oh, my goodness, I want to be perceived more strongly, so I'll start launching off all of these things in a scattered way, and in the end what you get is a recklessness. And I think sometimes with strength with Donald Trump, you actually get someone who actually is a little more thoughtful before he launches missiles anywhere.
Speaker 1: And watching the so called military experts who say about these attack missiles, these specialized missiles that are killing Russians, American missiles killing Russians, they tell me that it has no strategic significance at all, that there's not enough being and it doesn't matter except what if some country was attacking America with their missiles and our citizens were dying in some horrible war.
Speaker 2: What would we do? But why do it? It has no military significance at all.
Speaker 3: No, it ends up having psychological significance but no military significance. You lost some missile that maybe the missile costs fifty million dollars and one person dies.
Speaker 4: And so nobody it provokes the enemy.
Speaker 3: There's so many real politic things that Trump can do to end this war. So a few months ago by dedministration sent a bunch of people yelling and also blinking over to China, and they yelled and screamed at the Chinese and told them what they were angry at. But my point, I told Biden and Blink in this privately, is you want the Chinese to quit selling parts to the Russians, duel use parts to the Russians.
Speaker 4: Why don't you make a trade deal with.
Speaker 3: Them, remove some sanctions, and say, look, if we allow some more trade to happen, you quit selling parts to Russia. That's the kind of thing that works with China. But instead we just go over there, add more sanctions yellow them, and really, in the end, the best thing you want to do right now is kind of what Nixon did.
Speaker 4: Frankly, and that's to prive.
Speaker 3: China away from being allied too close to Russia.
Speaker 1: Right now, you're going to be a great leader of the Senate, and thank god you're my favorite Kentucky senator. But secondly, how much trouble are we in? I hear the experts say, Senator Ran Paul that this is the beginning of World War III. We have North Koreans involved, Chinese involved, we have Russians involved, we have Iran involved, we have Syria involved, we have South yem And involved.
Speaker 2: Is everything you know?
Speaker 1: Is this the precursor to Word War three, in which the survivability of our civilization is at risk?
Speaker 3: There's always the danger of that. People who say that it's not a danger shouldn't be in charge. And this is the current Biden administration. Now will it be worlworthree?
Speaker 4: Of course?
Speaker 3: I think there are alternatives, and I hope not. I do believe strongly that Donald Trump has the strength and projects the strength that he can negotiate a peaceful settlement. The other reason there's a good chance we can get peace in Ukraine is it's a standstill. It's a stalemate. Even Zelenski, the President of Ukraine now admits it, as generals are admitting it, and Russia solidly occupies part of the don Bass eastern Ukraine that got CRIMEA, and I don't think Ukraine has the ability to dislodge them, but neither does Russia have the ability to completely take over Ukraine. And some say as many as a million people have died or been wounded in the battles. So I think the time is right for negotiation. I think Trump wants that, and my hope is that we will get some sort of negotiated seaspar soon.
Speaker 1: Lastly, before we talk about COVID, which I've watched some of your interviews on that.
Speaker 2: They're fabulous.
Speaker 1: But if something would happen tomorrow or the next day or the next day, and we need a commander in chief to make a quick, correct decision about some international conflict that could drag America into war, I can't imagine if somebody had said to you, Senator rand Paul, a couple of years ago that Russia is launching numerous ICBMs in Europe, you would say, what if somebody has to make a life and death decision right now in the White House, Who's going to make it? Is that doctor Jill Biden who's making the decision?
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: I think it is similar actually to you know, during World War One when Woodrow Wilson was incapacitated by a stroke and Missus Wilson ran the White House for over a year, there have been people calling Jill Biden missus Wilson derisively. So but because she they think she's running it. I don't have inside information to know who makes the decisions. I don't believe Biden is fully competent to make these kind of decisions.
Speaker 4: It worries me.
Speaker 3: But it also worries me because not just sort of an accident happening or a military encounter happening that they as to respond to. It's them actually eagerly seeking out mistakes, like eagerly seeking out for three years they said to the Ukraine, you can't.
Speaker 4: Use these missiles inside.
Speaker 3: Russia, and they eagerly seek it out. After the people have said, see, Joe, we're ready for you to go into retirement, he actively seeks out a way to intervene in the war that could escalate it. So yeah, I'm very worried for the next month or so month and a half.
Speaker 4: Until we get a new president. But I am encouraged that.
Speaker 3: I think Donald Trump is appointing people who will negotiate a peace and I'm going to keep pushing in that direction as well.
Speaker 1: Senator Ram Paul Covid is back a couple good friends of mine, the married couple for like forty years. They're both in bed as I speak with COVID. I have several of my friends who have contracted COVID. Once again, it's back. I have not gotten the booster. I'm done with it, not going to do it anymore. My doctor tells me do I'm not going to order you to do it.
Speaker 2: It's up to you.
Speaker 1: I said, Doc, have you taken the additional boosters? And he told me no, I haven't. I said, that's my answer. I've had it. I don't believe what I'm being told. I think there's monetary and political reasons to have the lockdowns. You're a medical doctor, You're going to be the head of the Homeland security. What is the status of COVID. Would you advise people to get the additional boosters? And do you trust government to give us correct information?
Speaker 3: I don't trust the government, And because I don't trust the government, they haven't been forthcoming with the data. It's hard to give you an exact answer. I will tell you that it depends on your age, depends on your risk factors, and your health, and that each individual you know may be slightly different. I can tell you that if your child is six month old, probably up to thirty or even four, and they're healthy, and then there's absolutely no reason, in fact, no science towards giving them any of the COVID vaccines unless they have a special medical problem. Above that, when you get up to our age and things, I think we do know the answer, but the.
Speaker 4: Government won't reveal it.
Speaker 3: So let's say you've had a vaccination and you've had COVID. Let's say you're seventy years old, you've had COVID twice, and you've had two vaccines. What is the chance that you will now die or go to the hospital from COVID.
Speaker 4: I think it's close to zero. But they won't tell us this.
Speaker 3: All they do is they say, mindlessly, go get a COVID vaccine every six months because.
Speaker 4: You're told to.
Speaker 3: And it makes us wonder is this done at the behest of big pharma? Is this done to make money for big drug companies, or is it done with any science. They have the data, They have the data on millions of Americans. Tell us what the truth is, seventy years old, had COVID twice, had two vaccines. Is what is the chance I'm going to die or go to hospital? I think it's zero, But they won't tell us that. They just courage you to keep getting vaccinated. If it's not zero, if it's one percent chance of death, two percent, five percent, tell people what it is so then you can make a decision, because your decision will be based on your health, your degree, and your belief in the data. But the fact that they won't give us the data makes me think that they're dishonest. And you know they asked me this on the news this week. I said, vaccine hesitancy is because people have lost trusts in the government because the government's not being honest. It's not me saying don't take a vaccine. What it is is the government not being honest with the data, and then people automatically doubt everything else the government says about all vaccines.
Speaker 1: And Senator, when I go to Walgreens, which I do and frequently because of their selling of abortion pills, but that's a different issue. And when I go there to get a prescription filled, I'm I got signs up everywhere, get your vaccine, Get your vaccine. I go up to the counter. I need this, need that. Okay, mister Cunningham, But you got to get your vaccine. I said, no, I don't have to get my vaccine. There is such a push now to get the vaccine winners coming people inside.
Speaker 2: And I would ask you this question.
Speaker 1: You have a beautiful wife and three kids, three adult children. When you and your wife came out of the White House, you were split upon by Democrats.
Speaker 2: Have you gotten a vaccine? Personally?
Speaker 4: I didn't.
Speaker 3: I got COVID in March of twenty twenty, so I got it naturally early on. I can't say that I wouldn't have gotten vaccinated. I'm sixty one years old. I'm pretty good hell, but I can't tell people for sure I wouldn't have. But because I was infected, I didn't.
Speaker 4: And this is the other.
Speaker 3: Thing the government hasn't been honest with.
Speaker 4: You know, throughout COVID.
Speaker 3: Essential workers like meat processors, it's a hard job. A lot of them are you know, people who work hard but have a high school degree or less, they all got COVID, and so instead of telling them the truth that once you've had it, you won't get it again, or if you do, you won't get that sick again, and that you should be safe, we told them, oh, now you have to wear fourteen masks and plexiglass and all this stuff. That wasn't true, And so that's what I would tell people.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: I did not get vaccinated because I had it, But it's an individual, personalized decision. You know, if I had diabetes and our fifty pounds overweight, I might have Does the vaccine work perfectly? No, it doesn't really stop infection at all, but there is at least still some belief, if the government's telling the truth, that it slows down hospitalization and death in certain categories. But that was in twenty twenty. I can't tell you that with the surety now, because they aren't releasing the real time statistics of how many people who have had it are actually dying or going to the hospital. I think, once again it's probably zero. The virus has mutated to become less dangerous, but we also have all developed more immunity, both from getting the disease and some from the vaccine. But I don't know. This lack of honesty is really weighing, and I think we can get.
Speaker 4: Some good people in there.
Speaker 3: I'm for Robert Kennedy at HHS or the new CDC director.
Speaker 4: I'm for all of these people. They are people who I think are for the.
Speaker 3: First time going to reveal the government statistics and then let us make a voluntary decision on what we want as patients.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: Lastly, no one has been more associated with getting rid of the fat in the federal budget than your dad, Ron and you Senator rand Paul. PBS receives about five hundred million dollars a year. I watched on YouTube one of their recent shows in which PBS mocks Donald Trump's cabinet picks, including RFK as a vaccine denier, and they said, quote Trump's picks or quote as low as you could possibly go. So we pay for lousy radio and lousy television, and we get five hundred million dollars to lousy radio stations to tell us with our money that Trump's picks are as low as you can go. Particularly, RFK is being crucified by public broadcasting. Why in the world do we pay for bad radio.
Speaker 3: I think we should be giving one penny to government radio that is biased. And this government radio has been biased.
Speaker 4: They're far left, always have been. They don't hide it. But why in the world.
Speaker 3: Would we be subsidizing a point of view that contradicts what at least really half or a little bit more than half of the public believe that we needed a change and we need new people in government. And for PBS to be that openly biased, I think is insane and we should stop it.
Speaker 1: Well, you know we say that all the time, and now we have a Republican House, Republican Senate, Republican president. It's a financial matter, as I understand it. You don't have to get to sixty votes in the Senate to get rid of it. Will Elon Musk and my friend Vivek Ramaswami be successful. Not two trillion dollars, that's impossible, I would think, but at least maybe the penny plan one percent?
Speaker 2: Two percent?
Speaker 1: Are you optimistic this time something will happen with a waste, fraud and abuse by making government workers maybe come to work. Are you confident it's going to happen this time?
Speaker 3: I'm very hopeful. I've been in contact with the I'm a big fan of evank Ramaswami. I think he's sincere smart, and I think that we have a real chance. What I've told them is there's a special lead legislative vehicle called recision. So if the Congress sans spending the president, the President says, well, I only need to have fifty percent of what you sent me. I'm not going to spend it. I'm going to send it back to you as what's called recision. The interesting thing about it is it's a privileged vote and it only takes Republican votes. Only a simple majority in the Senate, simple majority in the House could actually cut spending through recision. However, temper your enthusiasm because we tried this. The Trump administration tried this the first go around, and it was a fifteen billion dollar cut, which is not that much, frankly, and two Republicans in the Senate defected and the recision package failed, So we didn't do We didn't successfully use recision at all in the first Trump presidency. I hope with Elon and with evek promoting this and giving it publicity, that we'll be able to do at this time.
Speaker 4: Some things you can do.
Speaker 3: I think Trump on day one can say you got to come back to work.
Speaker 4: You don't come back to.
Speaker 3: Work, fired, then you're fired for cause, and it actually expands the universe of people.
Speaker 4: That you can let go.
Speaker 3: So I'd make them all come back and I do day one.
Speaker 4: I'd say you got.
Speaker 3: Next Monday, you're going to be at work or you're fired. And guess what, maybe we'll be able to get rid of thousands of people that way. You've also get rid of thousands by not replacing people.
Speaker 4: So as people retire, if you.
Speaker 3: Don't replace them in a four year period, it might be a half million to a million people will retire.
Speaker 1: Kentucky should be the home of the so called Department of the Interior. Get all the departments out of Washington, disperse them around the states. Senator Ran Paul, let's keep the line so communication open. You're a great American, and once again, thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. Thank you, Senator, Thanks Bill, and God bless America. Let's continue with more are your thoughts? Five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand. Bill Cunningham on News radio seven hundred WLW