Speaker 1: Ready. Okay, So Bailey and I are doing the best hymn of all time because Bailey's going to be in the church choir. Welcome to the Minnesota Goodbye. So I'll take the harmony part. You take the regular melody part, Holy Holy, Holy Meciple. Every now and then we hear the song, she'll rise to.
Speaker 2: That first line, Holy Holy Holy.
Speaker 3: Honestly, not too bad on your part.
Speaker 4: Day Bailey sounded good too, But the fact that you were able to go down those octaves, I thought.
Speaker 3: It was actually pretty good.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 4: I didn't get like you didn't like hit a bad. I mean, none of the notes were good. You didn't have a really like scratchy off.
Speaker 1: Got So what I want you to do is to get your church choir. You and your mama have joined the church choir. We have to sing Holy Holy Holy.
Speaker 5: It might be a different version of Holy Holy.
Speaker 1: Only one version with holy holy Holy.
Speaker 2: There's the one that I really holy Holy, my heart, my heart adores you.
Speaker 5: That's the one we sing.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a cue, and I like this good one though.
Speaker 5: Okay. One of the holy Holy Holies is what we have to sing.
Speaker 1: All hail the power of Jesus name to him something, bring forth the royal die and crown. M Lord.
Speaker 2: That's a good one. I do like that one. I like the do you know Christ the Lord has risen today?
Speaker 1: Christ the Lord has risen today.
Speaker 2: Aly, Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 5: I like that one a lot.
Speaker 1: Any request like big b and I came back.
Speaker 4: And Jesus girl walk saying with the nitty body waist and around thing in your face, you get sprou the Bible.
Speaker 3: We sat that in my church, I bet you did. I pitched it to them and they.
Speaker 1: Said, nah, now here we go with the the real Minnesota Goodbye. We're gonna start off with a rant from your friend and mine, Juananita. I just gotta push the correct button order here and then I think we are seconds away. Here is Jannita's rant.
Speaker 6: Hey, hey, happy hum Day. This week's rant is about restaurants doing too much. Me and my coworker the other day we had went to McDonald's. I got some chicken nuggets and she ordered a mcbang. I asked her, I said, what the hell did you just ask them to do to you? And she goes, no, it's a sandwich. I'm like, what the fuck is a mcbang. So mcbang is a double cheeseburger where you take a fish patty and a chicken patty and put it in between the two uh Hamburger patties and put lettuce to tomato on it. I'm like, come on, McDonald, y'all is just doing too damn much. Who wants all that? And when she got it looked gross as hell. It's the same way when like Pizza Hut, they had the hot dog bite pizza that was the dumbest shit I had ever heard of. And then not only that, then you had you got KFC. They want to take a pizza chicken and put some goddamn marinara sauce on and it's some pepperoni and cheese. I don't want chicken pizza. Same thing with Taco Bell, and now all of a sudden they want to sell chicken nuggets. It's like when I run to the border, I'm looking for a taco or burrito, maybe even the Kasadia. I'm not running to the border for a fucking chicken nugget. Restaurants stopped trying to do all this extra shit. Just stick with what you know. Taco Bell sell tacos, KFC sell chicken uh pizza hut. Just put the goddamn pizza toppings on there. I don't want hot dogs rolled up in the crust of my fucking pizza and it's so disgusting. All right, Well that's my random, you know the drill. I love you, guys, by.
Speaker 1: We love you. I would say that I would try a pizza stuffed in the crust with hot dogs. That sounds good it actually.
Speaker 2: I think the reason the restaurants do it is because everything is a meme now, and so they'll be like, okay, well we're gonna come up with the mcbang even though this is something no one would actually order, like in earnest, they'll come up with it so that people will record themselves ordering the stupid, asinine thing and then eating it.
Speaker 5: For social media.
Speaker 1: Very good observation. Yeah, there was the one over at Arby's. It was every meat at Arby's and we had a contest me, Steve Fallon and E White to eat it. E White?
Speaker 3: It was just White and Fallon.
Speaker 5: Anymore.
Speaker 1: Okay, it sounds so good though, but what was it called?
Speaker 4: Your It was like the the Meat King something I don't know, but didn't you win?
Speaker 1: I think white one, did he? I think so yeah? Okay, onto the emails. Here we go, Meat Mountain, Meat Mountains, very good, very good. All right, here we go. My name is Christian. I've been a loyal listener of The Morning Show for years. About four years ago I convinced my partner Tiana to move from good old Fargo to Minnesota, and now she is hooked on the show too. From Christmas Wish to War of the Roses. My favorite musical moment is so much more. Your show has become a big part of our lives. Now here's the part where it gets fun. The reason she moved to Minnesota was because she's a bit of a creep. She spotted my profile on Instagram through the suggested friends feature, and after she added me, she proceeded to like every single one of my pictures. Now, naturally I had to message her, and after a few months of chatting, I found myself driving a twenty foot U haul down ninety four with all of her stuff and her son. Fast forward to last December. I proposed it only took Sharon a mortgage payment, two dogs at a rescue kitten, and a rambunctious almost two year old maya Wow. While we've decided to hold off on a big, fancy wedding for now, we're both eager to get married. We were wondering if you would do us the honor of officiate in our wedding. I did submit the idea for Valentine's Day, but as you tell, we have quite the story and I needed more than thirty seconds to do a justice. We'd love to have you mary us instead of a judge at the courthouse, especially since your show has been with us every morning. We're not looking for airtime or recognition, but if there's a treat from the Space needle vending machine in it, we won't say no. If it works for you, we can drive to you after the show is over. That way, Tian and I can celebrate like true classy Monticello Ians with a trip to Cub Foods Delhi. Thanks for reading a story. Hope you're having a great week. You know I probably will, but I'm going to set a limitation on this, and this is my limitation. I love that you guys listen. I love that it is an honor to be asked, but I have realized that doing weddings is a big investment. Of time that I don't always have. And the reason it's an investment is because I'd like to do a respectful wedding. Let's say that Bailey and Vaunt are going to get married. Well, I don't want to just have you show up and say, Bailey, do you take vat Vant? Do you take Bailey? I now pronounce you, because that's all the wedding that doesn't even have to be that. It really just has to be signing the license and I can make it legal, but I like to make it respectful because you're getting married.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and by that you mean, like, you know, you get to know the couple and you tell stories and you make it actually.
Speaker 1: Memorable one hundred percent. So my only hesitation is I it is a big investment of time, and I don't always have time because we get pulled a lot of different directions. I was doing a podcast interview yesterday and I think Jenny and I have been asked to go play charity pickleball next week, and then I'm hosting Sciatica. First I know it's true, and then next week I'm doing environmental trivia at a brewery in chan Hassen. So my only hesitation would be. If you're cool with me doing a very short ceremony, then I'll probably do it. But if I get to sit down at Cariboo and get to know how you met in your favorite you know, pizza toppings and things like that, then maybe not. Because I really thought when I first got ordained that I would do it all the time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's fair.
Speaker 4: Though, like I think it's fair that you probably didn't realize how much work it actually ends up being though until you started doing it.
Speaker 1: Well. No, And it was funny because people would say, Dave, will you marry me and my bride to be? Yeah, sure, Well let's meet over at Cariboo and I'll get to know you guys, and then okay, drive to Somerset for our wedding which starts at one. Yeah, dinner is served at about six, and we'll get you a free dinner. Oh okay, great. Then I did one of them and I said, fuck, that was my whole weekend. Yeah, and I don't want to do it anymore.
Speaker 5: Especially when you don't know anybody at a wedding.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was awkward.
Speaker 4: I was asked by a drunk girl at Park Tavern one time to officiate her wedding. They were already going to be like legally married, so I didn't have to be or day, oh god, okay, because she was like, yeah, we reached out to Dave and like, I don't know, I don't know if they hadn't heard back or whatever the story was, but they're like, but we would love if you did it.
Speaker 3: And she was just drunk at Park tavern ran into me and I was like, yeah, sure, shoot me an email.
Speaker 4: And luckily, I'm pretty sure she never remembered that conversation because I never so I was like, thank goodness.
Speaker 1: That's interesting. They wanted you to do the wedding, but you're not ordained. But I mean, that's cool.
Speaker 5: They're already married, all right.
Speaker 1: Dave Jenny Baile Vaunt Shan. This is all the way from New Zealand. Let's see if we get this here. It's ten thirty Wednesday night in New Zealand. As I type this, it is my husband and I was last night in the camper van. We've been traveling around for the past three weeks, and while it might seem like the trip is coming to an end, we're just over a quarter of the way through it. With our two month Sujorn that will take us next to Australia and then on to Fiji.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 1: Cool, It's been quite the epic journey so far, and Jenny not gonna lie. I thought about you many times, as I know in New Zealand is on a bucket list item for yours.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 1: While I could go on and on about the pastoral grandeur that is this country, with its sweeping country hills dotted with farms and vineyards, to its towering majestic mountain ranges capped with Stowe Glaciers, the reason I'm writing is to thank you all immensely for well being you. You see, I suffer greatly from anxiety and a few other mental health issues that I've been using THC to self medicate while back home in California. Since being here for the past three weeks, I had to go cold Turkey as THC is not legal in this country. One of the major factors that's kept me saying has been your show, as I've had to take turns with my hubs behind the wheel every day, navigating left side of the road, driving for the first time one lane bridge that spring up out of nowhere, and washboard style dirt back roads. I've had your morning show in my ear throughout every twist and turn in the road, and I'm here to say thank you from the bottom of my heart. That's cool that you can get us in New Zealand. Yeah, I mean not a big surprise, but a little bit of a surprise. Yeah, you know, Dave with your fatherly demeanor and advice, Jenny with your wits and can Door Bailey with your charm and infectious laughter, and Vaunt with your delightful sarcasm. Whether you know it or not, you four help so many people every day just by being you. So thank you for keeping me sane and helping me get through the rough mental times I've already experienced and will and evily be and will inevitably experience over the next five weeks that we're traveling. Sending love to you from Kiwi Land, soon to be Aussie Land and finally Fiji Land. You are the bee's knees, the love and the most tenderest of dart licks that is Robert from Sonoma.
Speaker 3: Wow, what a cool trip. That's like the coolest Seriously.
Speaker 1: Well he's from Sonoma, California. Originally I say I got it, okay.
Speaker 2: I wonder what cool things that they've seen, like if they've done. I have always wanted to go to New Zealand so I can go to like hobbiton from like The Lord of the Rings.
Speaker 3: That's actually if I go. Yeah, I want too, right next to where the Hobbit door is.
Speaker 5: I'm like, oh, that'd be so cool.
Speaker 3: It does look super cool.
Speaker 4: I have a girlfriend that's doing a honeymoon the air right now with her her husband, and I have been like stalking her religiously, but she's not a huge social media poster, so it's like, maybe want Every couple of days I see like a picture on our Instagram store, I'm like, come on.
Speaker 1: Baby, here's another one from Lacey. Okay, I emailed earlier. Everybody got a funny topic for you. You asked on Tuesday if people start their car before they leave in this cold weather, because I've heard mechanics say yes, you're absolutely supposed to warm your car up. Really in any kind of weather, do you get all the I don't know. Yeah, juice is flowing well. When I was younger, I had an old Ford cylinder car and every day my dad would say warm it up, and every day I would not anyway. My dad wanted to borrow my car one day, and the day he did in fact start my car before he left and left it running in the driveway. But when he came out it was on fire. Turned out the relay switches that ran the cooling fan were not working and that's what caused the fire. Moral of the story, not always a good idea to start your car before you leave. That is Lacy and Saint Cloud. I've been doing it the last couple of mornings, and it is glorious because I go out to the car about twenty minutes before I leave, I turn on the heated seat, I turn on the heated steering wheel, I open the garage door, and I start my car. Then I go back inside, have my coffee and play Whirdle, and then by the time I get out, it's toasty, oasty warm.
Speaker 5: That sounds nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't really have that opportunity because I'm in an apartment building and I would have to leave my car running like in the out and.
Speaker 1: You don't want to do that. Yeah, you've had a bad car experience, so we could go yes, when your car got broken into.
Speaker 5: And now I think every time I walk out.
Speaker 2: I look at the windows now because I always think someone is probably breaking into my car.
Speaker 4: An opportunity to have a garage spot at all with your car, no, I don't see I After my car was hit twice within a week, I finally bit the bullet and started paying for parking yeah in a garage, because I was like, I can't come out to my car getting hit anything. Yeah, So I just paid the extra fucking one hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 5: A moth.
Speaker 1: Next one from Lacey, she says, this Morning Crew is the best. Thanks for keeping me up to date with what's going on in the world without political shit, Dave, Jenny Vonton Bailey. I love all your different perspectives on things. Those perspectives help me stay well rounded and appreciate other people's outlooks. And you know that's why I kind of unapologetically don't care if I don't watch Love Is Blind because I can represent people who don't watch Love Is Blind. When I said I didn't watch the Kendrick Lamar halftime show, I represent the people who don't give a shit about the Kendrick Lamar halftime show because I think that if we all like this is The thing about that most people, most people are not that hip. Nearly everyone isn't that hip. If you take ten Academy Award winning actors or actresses of the last ten years, a lot of us would be like, who she? Who are they? Who? Most people are not that hip. So I think we all do a good job. You don't know a thing about sports now, so you represent the people who don't know a thing about sports. Bailey Jenny represents people with diarrhea.
Speaker 5: And represent.
Speaker 1: No and you know, so we all represent. We don't try to be cool on the show. So I think that's one of the things that makes us real is we'll talk about hemorrhoids, diarrhea, ibs, gout, and love is blind and love is blind all the in between. Anyway, I'm writing to tell you about the game my husband and I've been playing in this cold weather. We don't have a garage, and with this cold we have to start our cars and we leave the radio on. I'm sure our neighbors truly appreciate this. Our new game is to guess what song is playing on the radio in the car from the front door. It's the little things. Have you ever done this?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Stay warm? All right from lazy. So if I get this right, you have the car right outside the door, like by the kitchen door, on the side door.
Speaker 5: Maybe, yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 1: And then you play the radio and you go, oh, what is that? Uh that Serena Carpenter. Yeah, never played that. No, that's a weird game.
Speaker 5: I mean, I report it. I love I love that you found a little glimpse of joy in this cold, cold, dark weather.
Speaker 4: To your guys, this car is not cause I think my No, mine doesn't do this where it automatically turns the volume to like a normal level in case you turn it off when you're like blasting a song.
Speaker 3: Oh my car used to do that.
Speaker 4: My new car doesn't, So I usually like purposely turn my music down just so I don't get my ears blasted.
Speaker 3: When I get in my car in the morning.
Speaker 2: I always feel like my my car from the outside makes it seem like I'm listening to something out of like a blasting volume. But when I get into my car, it's not that loud. So I don't know if the metal is bad or something. That's probably that's a thing with cars, right when the metal's bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably take it in until the metal's bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's more probably to do with like the bass.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yuh.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I seem cooler than I am from the outside, Like, Wow, she's really blessed in that music.
Speaker 5: No, I'm not.
Speaker 1: Did you when you were a kid, did girls do this where you would turn down roll down your windows and roll through a parking lot or roll somewhere with your radio really cranked up, thinking you looked really cool?
Speaker 5: Yes? I didn't.
Speaker 4: Well, I remember specifically we would go and spend the first weekend in the Dells camping with my friend the Lloyd's family. They had like a million people in it, and we would roll down the main street and the Dells with the windows down blasting Danity cane. I remember that specifically one summer, thinking we were just the coolest.
Speaker 1: Kids ever I can see. Yeah, were you in a convertible window?
Speaker 4: We had like an F one fifty because it was like one of the dad's trucks that we brought along to pull the camper. So it was like we already looked kind of ridiculous a bunch of like teenage sixteen year old girls in this big ass truck, But we thought we were the coolest kids ever, just rolling down like no, I can totally.
Speaker 1: See no, and you were. The thing is that I realized we did the same thing. My friends and I would roll through the parking lot of the mall or whatever, and we would have something cranked up on my friends he it was one friend that had a great stereo. The rest of us had an in dash radio and that's it, and we'd roll through blasting whatever we were playing back then, and we thought we looked really cool. As you get older, you hear like a sixteen year old boy, and it's usually a boy doing something like that. It's like, you fucking idiot. You look like a fucking idiot. Nobody's impressed with your fucking like, you know whatever you're playing really loud. Oh, you got a little Wayne cranked up while you drive through fucking target parking lot. You do not look cool cranking up little Wayne. You look like a dumb motherfucker. Feel but you don't realize that. Yeah, when you're a kid, you think you look really cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, you look dumb.
Speaker 1: All right, Dave Jenny Bailey, I am right in to ask if you can give a quick birthday shout out on the Minnesota goodbye for my cousin Katie. We are ten days apart and ride in each year for a birthday. She wrote for my birthday last week, and her birthday is Wednesday, February nineteenth.
Speaker 5: It's today.
Speaker 1: She is twenty nine. She's one of the funniest people I've ever known, so thought I would throw in a few questions related to that topic of the podcast. Who is the funniest person you know? And why?
Speaker 2: Oh oh God, My friend Nick is the funniest person I know, Okay, because he has weird stories, just the weirdest stories. He's a teacher, he's gay, he meets people on apps, but then he also teaches the youths of tomorrow and his stories are so bonkers, but he delivers them in such a dry way and doesn't realize that they're hilarious, which makes it even more hilarious, even more hilarious, Friend.
Speaker 1: Nick, I don't know Tony that well, but I'm gonna go ahead and say Tony, followed immediately behind by Benjamin from the show.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you stole my answer.
Speaker 4: But I was just saying, if I take out like all the people that work in this building, because there's a lot of very funny people that work.
Speaker 1: Then, yes, it is very funny.
Speaker 4: Yes, Chris Hockey hilarious. So I would say Tony too. It was definitely the funniest outside of radio.
Speaker 5: Tony's really funny.
Speaker 1: Do you consider yourself to be a funny person. Yes, I think I'm hysterical. That's my one quality, that is your funny.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm funny.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, I think I'm funny here and there. I don't think I'm a constant funny, but funny.
Speaker 1: It's funny to watch you walk because well, you're that kind of funny. You're you're because if we watch you walk, it's a matter of you stumbling kermit over there, you.
Speaker 3: And your little wattle and your alarms flailing everywhere.
Speaker 1: I walk.
Speaker 5: Funny, Yes, I am the piece of funny.
Speaker 1: You know, you're the only one said that. Lee Wolsbig used to imitate my walk and it was so insulting.
Speaker 4: You know, And you have a specific walk. Chase walks just like you do, and a little bit too. Yeah, grad party and I was like, oh my, there is no denying that he is your son.
Speaker 5: That's funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we do. I leave Oolswick was the first person ever to show me how I walk, and it's kind of a shuffle with like swingy arms and I'm like stiff on the top, and I'm like, oh my god, she's not wrong. I walk funny, I do. I don't have a graceful walk. I don't know it until I think about it. But when was the last time you laughed until you cried? What caused it? I cannot remember.
Speaker 2: I see a lot of improv that's so funny, So I often laugh until I cry when I go and see improv.
Speaker 5: Good improv. Bad improv is painful and it's a ring of hell. But good improv I laugh until I cry all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Bad improv is painful, very painful. And Bailey and I have talked about this, and we don't address anybody specifically because we don't want to hurt anybody's feelings. But if you go to improv, and improv is a very I could never do. It is a very touchy thing because it either is working or it's not, and it really depends on how talented the people are that are on stage. And the funny thing about funny is people that are not funny think they're funny. Do you think that's true? Oh?
Speaker 2: I mean, as someone who knows a thousand billion people in improv there, I would say the majority of them are not funny, but they'll think they're funny.
Speaker 1: But that's so messed up because improv is supposed to be with funny people. Yeah, but some people they don't know what they don't know. They don't know they're not funny.
Speaker 2: It's also like a really supportive community though, so that even if you're bad at it, people will say, good job, you did it like you did improv, which is great, like be super supportive, and it gets people to try something new and maybe realize that they're funny if they never knew that in the first place. But anytime I do improv, I just want someone to tell me what I did wrong so I can fix it and be better. But in the improv community, they'll just be.
Speaker 1: Like, you did it, Yeah job. Buddy and Bailey and I both know somebody who is very They're very they're nice person, but they're not funny, not in the least. I wouldn't say they don't have a sense of humor. Now there's a difference. You can have a sense of humor that means you'll laugh at other people's jokes and get it, but you're not able to create real humor yourself. And you know who I'm talking about. A touchy thing. Yeah, all right, moving on. Thank you Marie for that email. Let me see where we were here one second. No to that one. That's gonna do it, because I got a couple of more, but I think some is really good for the show. Because there's one, and I'll give you a shout out, Amanda. She writes in something very interesting, but I'm gonna save it for the regular morning show because it is so good and it's so deep about how to get through something in life. And this is a really powerful one that I think a lot of people could benefit from. So Amanda will use your email on the show, not on the Minnesota goodbye. So send your emails in to Ryan's show at KDWB dot com. Shout out to Juanita for the rant today and we'll see you tomorrow.