Speaker 2: Hey, what's happening to man?
Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for thanks for doing this of course, of course, how's your week going?
Speaker 2: Doing good? A lot of time outside this morning. Starting to get hot today, so yeah that pass for the rest.
Speaker 1: Of the day. You're working in the garden.
Speaker 2: We had some people here this morning and doing some work around the house, so you know, some contractors and everything, so mostly out there. Point and the stuff.
Speaker 1: I found this. I found this video from two thousand, two thousand sort of interesting, like that entire year, I mean, because the nineties had sort of ended, but not really when it was pre nine to eleven and shit was still pretty low tech. I had a cell phone then, but even in Chicago probably only about a third of people did. I have one of them Nokia like bricks, you know you could, uh, it was pretty much like the one you've ever won. Riddick bau forought Andrew Golatta and Golada being the the the the cheating pollock that he was, he kept on bashing bow in the nuts. Well Bo's corner man hopped in and he had one of the big old Nokia that he started like whacking Goalatta in the dome with it, which with one of those things. I mean, he waged someone in the head with a smartphone. It'll it'll just like break, but one of those Nokias could do real damage, and he actually split Goalata's head, split his wig a little bit. But in any event, I was There's this nostalgia channel on YouTube. It's obviously a bunch of Asian people, but they solicit videos from all over in this one englishman who's a prolific YouTuber. He uploaded his video of his con flight on the concord. Oh hi, kitty, we're a big fan of kiss here. And I was always fancinated by the concord as a kid, And then you know, I had to fly a lot as a little kid in my folks, which I had mixed feelings about because I don't like flying. And I was thinking about the fuck story that was my flight back from Faddeville and just kind of all of that. But you know, the concord never flow out about hair because there was this nationwide movement to ban it for no reason, and James Burnham, to his credit, undertook a major effort to reverse that. But I mean to no avail. But first they claimed the concord was deteriorating the ozone layer. So then there was testimony for Congress, well that doesn't make any sense. Then it was well it's releasing toxic emissions. Then naws were feuded. Then it was well the sonic boom is noise pollution. So ultimately British Airwaves and some conglomerateive investors they took it to the Supreme Court and they pointed out, they're like, look, Air Force one is a louder profile than the Concord and there's never been a single organice complain about that. What is this about? Really? So Concord could fly out of New York on a dedicated route and could fly out at Dulles and interestingly, the Concord because you know, the reason it was the Concord is because there was a concord app between British Airways and Air France. You know, all it is, but some of the subs might not. The government in Terris at the time they were pursuing a Willie Brandt type policy towards the East Block. Still even after you know, Willy Brandt when in disgrace and the Thatcher government had wanted no part of that. But so there was dedicated Concord what they called friendship flights into the East Berlin. But you know, the Concord is a technological marvel man, and it I mean now because the analog cockpit, it seems very dated. And I think it was one of the last planes in service like Passinger Acrafts and service that had an onboard flight engineer. But it could be wrong, but that's that's what the that's where we should be in terms of air travel. You shouldn't be You shouldn't be waiting for days to take a flight from Fayetteville to Chicago and then flying on a plane that wasn't even cutting edge sixty years ago, you know, And I it goes to show you I've already this port of people because they're like, well, the Concord just wasn't it just couldn't be profitable. What fucking airline is profitable? You know. That's like saying like, well the railroad is not profitable. Well yeah, man, no ship.
Speaker 2: An airline is just a bank delta is a bankhead.
Speaker 1: Yeah it Uh. The only way it works is if you do what Japan does, and you know, you you're you're kind of residentally structured around targeted state intervention, or you have guys like Elon Musk or Bezos or Andrew Carnegie was who say, yeah, I'm gona, I'm gonna I'm gonna establish a railroad and operate at a loss basically to keep the government off my back and so I don't get slapped with an I trust and when my revenues get too big to fail and the other enterprises that you know, my company handles. But I can operate at a loss and definitely with my travel infrastructure, and it doesn't matter. Like this idea that the concord didn't work because people weren't getting rich off investing in it is. You're a retard if you think that. But it goes to show you that, I mean, the rot was deep long before what people think of as the woke era and the and the and the competence crisis, you know, the It was a bunch of luodites and weirdos and half assu parasites in government who decided that they had to weed up their ass about supersonic commercial travel. I grew up literally less than three miles from Glenny na Al Air Base that's where a lot of nuclear bombers are based. You know, like I told you that. You know, my dad and forded me when I was a kid and my mom we had nothing to worry about and invented nuclear war would be dead in seconds. That'sn't really, but point being, there was a constantly fighter air crafts screaming overhead, and it was loud, but I don't remember any sort of mass protest against it. Property values consistently went up and up and up from the time I was like sentient until now, you know, because like I moved back to my hometown in twenty twenty one. You know, I don't believe that the quality of life of people on Concord Rights was the Concord routes is being devastated by my sonic booms. But that's you know, there's no excuse for that. And really I realized after the Cold War some of the immediate imperatives evaporated for America remaining demonishably on the cutting edge of technological innovation and the ability of consumers to access those experiences. But just the same, if you're gonna, if you're gonna literally wage war to establish globalism in your name, and you're begging the Russians to take your astronauts to your cargo in orbital space and you're flying uh, passengers around domestically on nineteen sixties technology. That's pathetic. You know, You're not You're not You're not the leader of the You're not the leader of the free world. If that's where you're at, You're you're some half assed failing system USSR two that's masquerading as a that that that's that's masquerading is something that's not based on past glories. But that's you know, I mean, it probably sounds goofy because I hate flying. Even when it worked, right, I it really made me upset. But I'm sort of an I'm sort of an aviation fag. Nonetheless, you know, uh, well, if you read I mean, say what you want about the show The Man in the High Castle, they had that rocket plane that could get from like Berlin to New York in like two hours. No, I there's things about that show I liked. That's why I appropriated that flag. I actually I had one mocked up. I think I showed it to you guys the other week. You know, I had like a full on Pool's ice flag mocked up of the American Reich, And I appropriated that iconography for my brand and as four days from now, on a very auspicious day, I'm going to formally announce what I'm trying to get off the ground in terms of my you know, fraternal organization because you know, uh, like I said, I think we need formal representation within the above board constellation of new resistance factions. But I you know that that's what I'm going to brand it. It's a good we need we need faction. We need factions that are doing different things but but communicating and cooperating. Yes, sir boy howdy, and uh, I I think I got a good eye for optics. You know, I mean, I know what I do. It is one of the reasons why people like, uh my immersion stuff. But it's also good limus test because it guarantees that, like fa it's like it's like it's like raid is the bugs, like my optics try to fag out and like raid is the cockroaches, they go like we they don't they peter pants or like the gerbils that are in their assholes like scurry out. That upsets them because that's their only romantic or sexual contact in life. But no, I I was going somewhere with that beyond Durbil jokes and stuff. But no, that was four days from now. Yeah, yeah no, but I mean, I I'll link the Concord video I was talking about on subsecent notes or something so people can watch it because it's really extraordinary and you know, you could it flew at such altitude. You can see the curvature of the earth and stuff. It's really awesome. And they had they had gourmet food on there and champagne, you know, and uh, I that's that's awesome too. I think it costs about ten thousand dollars to five from New York the Heathrow, and it got you there in about two hours and twenty five minutes, so I mean, and I mean ten grand and eens money. That was a lot of fucking money. I mean they they should have, uh, they should have given you a cavr and and like serving turf and champagne and they like that kind of money is some pretty story. It probably should have given you a happy ending, but which I'm sure happens sometimes. But even though it wasn't, you know, within the the uh, I don't know if for meant of these, but uh, you know, I got a well bus two and then we move on from this subject. But all them, you know, some of those luxury travel channels where it's usually some like limey guy or some Asian guy who's got a lot of money or at least you know whatever, whatever media brand he works for a lot of money, solo send him to like the most expensive hotel in Dubai or something, and he'll just like, you know, show you the ship that they have there, like a bunch of ohs. There's there'll be some there'll be some Indonesian luxury airline where you actually get like a room on the plane and some leady tumps you into bed and bullshit like that. It's like, look, man, like you're telling me that the operating cost of that is is not comparable to the concord you know, uh, yet that that somehow is viable. So yeah, just another example, but yeah, I uh oh, another it was I'm on the Institute for Historical Reviews email list. Obviously, I mean email lists are kind of quaint anymore, Like I reminded you of the late nineties, but I kind of like that that they still do shit that way, because that's kind of the charm of IHR but anymore, and I like Mark Weber or Weeber. I talked to him years back. I'm talking like twenty years ago when podcasting was kind of an infancy. But IHR Anymore is kind of I like what they're doing in terms of their social media presence.
Speaker 2: But.
Speaker 1: In terms of their long arm content, they're kind of getting by on past glories. They Weber's clicked up with that guy Frody, which I think is kind of unfortunate and I'm not I'm not personally insulting the guy, but that dude used to host me on his but then he decided I'm a bad guy because I asked him why he's got a bunch of crazy Ukrainian Zionists like all over his ship, and apparently that makes me a bad person or something.
Speaker 2: Anti Russian, anti orient Celestis.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's, well, he's just like a weirdo. And it's like, so you're you're like, mister i HR revisionist, but you love Zionism.
Speaker 2: We were on we were I was on a live stream with him, like a panel kind of thing, and he's like questioning me about being Catholic and being against like immigration. He's like, oh, so you're saying Catholics to come over the border, you'd be against them coming over the border. I'm like, yeah, I'd fucking deport them myself, and we'd pray the Rosary while I was doing it.
Speaker 1: Apparently, if he apparently thinks it's awesome for some apparently it's awesome for some crazy Zionis due to run Ukraine into and and for Ukrainians to slaughter their own kind. So he's a totally he's a you know who doesn't like thinking. Isn't his strong suit. He's really really, really really dumb. Okay, and uh it's a bad luck for Weber, like hang around somebody who's like really really really stupid. But uh, you know whatever, I think, like Weber Weber's latest discussion with the Fruity or or fruitcake or whatever his fucking name is is uh yeah, Hollywood's finally admitting that the good guys in World War Two were hypocrites. I'm like, Okay, Curtis le May and Half Arnold said that, you know the guys who ordered the strategic bombing. If you watch that movie and that's what you take away from it, you're really simple.
Speaker 2: You know which movie which movie is he talked? Are you talking about now.
Speaker 1: That one where it's it's uh, it's like Russell Crowe. For some reason, it became like a big fat guy trying to like shame people are not being good looking. But Russell Crowe disappeared. Russell quote went from being this kind of like action man, uh like good looking male model type guy, being this kind of like random fat guy, which I don't really understand, Like people like take O Zenpek or something for that ship. But so he's like fat guy Russell Crowe like talking like on Australian redneck and like, well, well he's supposed to be herman gearing, and like I don't understand why. I don't see why Hollywood thinks that thinks that the Third Reich or a bunch of like English and Australian guys. I've never figured that out. You think blowing hate that, but like it'd be like it'd be like that that show Dalton Abbey. It was a there was a bunch of dudes like Goose stepping around and you know, acting acting like Charlie Chaplin in the Great Dictator or something.
Speaker 2: But I well, as good as as good as the Mini series Home was the the one that what's his name did Red Dawn guy?
Speaker 1: Why is his name?
Speaker 2: Escaping? Yeah, John Millius. The two seasons he did, they're running around and using British accents and it's just like, look, I love this show. It's great, but British accents.
Speaker 1: Well the nuttiest thing was and it's a terrible movie. I want to see in the theater with my girl at the time because uh, you know she uh, she was into kind of the same stuff I was, including you know, World War two and Reich stuff. So he went to see Enemy at the Gates when it opened that had Old Orchard Theater like people local and North Store like no Old Orchard Theater, which is still good. Love that.
Speaker 2: I love that movie. For the guns, the weaponry is amazing.
Speaker 1: Well, the opening scene when they're crossing the Volga and the commisar, it's like the kid who it follows it was the Soviet infantryman who later becomes kind of this pastiche of as see the zitzev and and some other guys. But uh, before he realizes his aptitude for as a marksman, you know, he's uh, he's with a fire team. They uh they had him a magazine and uh they hand uh one of his comrades a bolt action rifle. Yeah, and then he says, uh, there's the enemy. You know, if you turn and run, will shoot you. And then sure enoughviously some dude like crack and run and then they like open up on him with something belt fed weapon. So he's like, oh fuck. So they're crossing the Volga and these Stukas are screaming down and like strafing them, and it was really well done and it c g I from that era was ship but the set pieces look good. But then again to the movie and inexplicably, Bob Hoskins is Nikita khrush Chieff and like Bob Hoskins looks about as unlessly gonna kid to Kruz Chiff as I look like Bob Hoskins. And there's a bunch of guys. There's a bunch of guys with like cock the accents or supposed to be the Red Army. It's like that's fucking retarded. Like it's even dumber than having them talk like mister Chekhov and kind of pigeon English with with cringey Russian accents. It's like, why why are the English guys, that's you know, but yeah, that that movie was a turkey but uh, but no that the movie is. That film is called Nuremberg, which I watched and implements over like a week when I was sick. I'd literally just get like bored with it. I mean, first of all, it's it's Judgment at Nuremberg, which is obviously a propaganda film, but it's far more well done. It says, it's like the cliffs Notes version of Judgment at Nuremberg with worth acting and this kind of cringey, corny exposition. But uh, you know if Weber and and and fruitcakes, nocean is that there's some crazy based movie because it acknowledges that the Allies uh were very loose in counter value targeting, and we're just as categorical in their decision to murder human beings under osmases of military necessity. You know. Again, the men who ordered the strategic bombing openly talked about that bomber. Harris literally collaborated with David Irving on the on the Dresden Book, and hap Arnold wrote part of the introduction. Lem went on a record saying if we lost the war, I would be hanged as a war criminal, you know. But I guess the fruitcake is like, oh, just DREI also healsion. I don't lick dudlicks, but whatever. So I was gonna wasn't gonna talk shit about that fucking it idiot. Then here I go. It's like thinking about him annoys me. He's got like a bunch of like lgbt Q tattoos of like vikings and what fucking each other and stuff. He's at idiots. But we're gonna move on from it. I uh, but no. And it's plus the movie was kind of I realized what they were doing too. I mean it was very calculated and and how in the in the timing of it, And like I said, it's not a thoughtful movie. It's very much the cliffs Notes version of judgment at Nurremberg. But it the uh, but that's not that's not gonna have the desired effect. It's if you wanna, if you want to convey something about Jewish martyrdom and the rights as design is caused. You said, do what Govan globis? Did you know? I was talking to a friend of mine the other day. We were talking on the pod about that that propaganda story about when uh flight eight forty seven was hijacked. You know, his bullet demanded the flight attendants identify the Jewish names. But then, like nobody was murdered on that flight other than that one poor Navy diver. So they just wanted to know like the Jewish people for the hell of it, Like where's this going? But uh, in any event, I mean, first of all, it didn't happen. But uh, in that movie The Delta Force, which Chuck Norris and Lee Marvin, you know, so it's a Golden Globus movie. It's basically the story of Flight eight four seven, except the set of t W A. It's a t W it's so on the nose and the Delta Force and these guys in like ninja suits and uh, they're they're like immune to bullets, and they have they don't have like laser guns, but they got like retards.
Speaker 2: Isn't that the one where he has Is that the one where he has rocket launchers on his motorcycle?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Straight out that movie Mega Force, which is actually like hilariously awesome because it's so fucking stupid, but it's like it's on that lips, like we got a dune buggy with the with like a vulcan cannon on it that apparently is like uh that you know that apparently doesn't cause insurmountable drag. And yeah we we we launched like little tiny rockets like off of these like Kawasaki fucking cross rock and some ships. But uh but yeah, there's this scene where this guy he's like obviously like he's like obviously like some some some like Jewish guy from Brooklyn who's like putting on like a really batter of accent. He's like playing like evil his blood terrorists. You Like, he like demands that this, he demands that this uh like bargain basement to the summers looking stories. He's like pick out these Jewish names, send this like poor Jewish Guy's that he is my pass put and he's got he's got he's got like a Holocaust tattoo on his arm and it's like, oh my god, like how evil his blows. They're doing a Holocaust on this plane. So it's like hilarious because like people people relay that in midly these are mentally retarded people.
Speaker 2: Also also the chief the chief terrorist is Robert Forrester and it's guy from New York.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, I forgot that, but yeah, and then there's some other dudes like the the uh they get they get hijacked and athens I think, just like really happened and uh and one like like one of the one of that one of the assault teams, they don't make it out of the plane. But it's these dude which were like obviously hispanic, like they probably got like a couple of a couple of dudes like from the crew or like a couple of like key grips or something like. Okay, yeah, he's passively brown, like make make him win of the trouts.
Speaker 2: It was so funny and the old it was so funny in the old days when they would have like like in West Side Story, they would Jews would play Puerto Ricans and yeah in the movies, Jews would play Puerto Ricans and Indian like Indians.
Speaker 1: What that fucking fool that guy iron I's cody, you know what. This seventies when the big uh, when the big virtue signaling thing was, you know, don't pollot the earth. I mean, do wou't me wrong. I don't like people throwing trash around either, because they're fuck wise, But the way on about it was stupid. So is that commercial. It's like it's like mister like cigar store, Indian looking dude like rowing his canoe and then he like rows into it's either the okay, it's either like the Brooklyn Bridge or the Golden Gate Bridge. The camera is he like sitting, but then he's like he's rowing, this's a bunch of garbage. You'll goo to the camera and he's like, you're dead making, dude said, and then like a tear rolls on his cheek. Well that dude. They gave that dude all kinds of accolades, like you know this this guy is like the soul of Native American culture. He was some fucking Italian guy like pretending to be an Indian, you know, like from the Bronx or something or Yonkers. But uh, what's also too, I mean like the truck Smith.
Speaker 2: And Philip Smith in the comments is mentioned in a really good movie, Black Sunday.
Speaker 1: Okay, Roberts saw.
Speaker 2: Roberts Shaw played Massade.
Speaker 1: We'll check this out. That film is on my mind just because I think it's cool. It's a cool concept and uh it's cool. They used actual footage from Super Bowl seven, I think, which is also dope, and people like may make fun of me for liking that movie, but I'm like, look, first of all, it's a seventies movie, so you've got to incorporate that you're suspension disbelieve, but I think it's well done. And the Black Sunday, there are obviously some cross between the Black Monday fronts obviously in the Black September and uh, the Popular Front for Liberation at Palistine General Command. Another dude who gets this guy gets seduced by this u female partisan who's like this really beautiful Palestinian lady, and he's this Vietnam vet who's obviously like highly traumatized, so you kind of feel bad for him, you know. It's it's well done. And that book was written by MS. Harris, and uh, he's an interesting guy, like he he he kind of he did some crap later and he put his name to like real garbage like Hannibal Rising and shit like that. But the book read Dragon, and I don't I don't go in for paperback novels unless he's got science fiction. But I read that book when I was a young teen, and it's, uh, you know, it's that was the basis for that film Man on Her and that's a horrifying book, especially because that was at the peak of the serial murder epidemic. And uh so Thomas Harris, he's done, He's done some interesting stuff, man, and uh outside of books about uh Hannibal Lecter and stuff, uh Black Sundays, like the only standalone book he wrote, I believe. But yeah, I mean it was obviously that's when Hollywood was thirsty for fresh ideas and a lot of guys wanted up being these kinds of popular novelist. We want to be aspiring screenwriters, you know. And but yeah, that that's a cool ass movie.
Speaker 2: And what I you know, you know a movie I always enjoy watching going back and watching Taking a Pell the original, Taking a Pelm one two three. Yeah, well there's no like, you know, oh, we're gonna save We're not gonna shoot the black guy because he's black, or we're not gonna shoot It's like, no, we're willing to kill anyone in order to in order to do this.
Speaker 1: So it's it's like we're yeah, well, I mean yeah, and if you people who anybody who takes on that kind of it takes that kind of commandment that's gonna be an everybody killer, you know. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And the Shaw the the Shaw was it? Robert Shaw played the late the lead hijacker, right, yeah, yeah, yeah. His conversations with Walter mathout over the radio were just so classic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it's also out o her Math though. Yeah. People remember him as like this kind of goofy guy and stuff like the Bad News Beers. But don't mean wrong. He was funny, you know, but he he could dial it. Yeah, yeah, he could dial it in in a more serious role as well. He had actual range, like a lot of guys did in those days. What's also I mean back then, that was when a lot of actors, even if it didn't come from the stage, the American theater was still pretty serious. It wasn't just like faggy camp like Broadway bullshit. And even if you didn't, even if you weren't a first Moor the stage actor, you learned to craft, you know, through that medium. So what's the stage is tragedy and comedy or drama in comedy you know is we would think of it? So though you know, you you you you you kind of had at least uh a reasonable a passable amount of perform a flexibility drilled into you. I think yeah, Sony just mentioned Michael Crichton. Mike, Michael Crichton wrote some great stuff. Here's an interesting guy Heremonomy of a guy named William Slater. William Slater he mostly wrote ya fiction back when it was an actual genre. It wasn't just like fat ladies writing about like were wolves but fucking each other and stuff. But it Uh, William Slater, he wrote this, He wrote He wrote two books I had a big impact on me as as as a kid. Well, it's called The Green Futures of Tycho. The other one was called Interstellar Pig, And for stuff that was written for teenagers, it was pretty serious. Interstellar Pig is, uh it's a riff on tabletop gaming, but uh it's been and it's like it's got hard side aspects, but there's also love crafting aspects. But the Green Feuds of the Tyco it's about this kid who's this uh it's kind of like his Underwigan sort of savant and his parents named him for Tycho Brahe and he comes across this object in his backyard as he's just kind of like digging around with his with his golden retrieve or whatever. And it's this egg shaped object and it turns out that like basically you can create like a mini wormhole with it to and he when he learns a master, he starts like hopping through different times and eventually the paradoxity figures out he didn't just find this thing, like his future self basically developed it as an old man and then like buried it. For him is like young self defined and but he also realized like his future self has gone totally insane, you know. So it's like it's pretty. It's like a heavy stuff for like a kid's book. But you know Crichton, the William Slater, like Crichton, he died young, but he was He was a genuine polymath, you know. It was Michael Crichton, and uh IF. Obviously, my favorite Crichton book is The Eaters of the Dead, which became The Thirteenth Warrior, which is a hugely underrated movie, but it's also uh the book's fascinating because it's written from the perspective of Eban Feulden, who's a real guy. The degree to which his career was embellished is arguable, but he did in fact live among the Varangian russ and write about them, you know, and uh, they basically you know, apparently I mean, first of all, thedn't like kill him and pull his lungs out or something. But he also basically learned their ways and became at least conversationally combinant in their dialects. I mean obviously like he they you know, they had an affinity form. But Crichton wrote it from his perspective, so you're basically like when the and it's clear too, it's more clear in the book than in the film. You know, it's like what what what? What Feldon's experiencing is the basis of Beowolf, Like these Viking warriors, this horror that they can't the name of which they can't speak. It's this vestigial population in Neanderthals which eat humans, which Neanderthals did, and that's the basis of the Beowulf's legend because in Neanderthals they abide a matriarchal cult, you know, which pre civilized humans generally did. A solar cult is rare, and it's civilizing in the sense of, you know, imposing a top down other Riterians structure. Frank Herbert of course wrote about that that's the whole motif of God him Radune. But in any event, I've got I started thinking about this after I read Milford Wollpoff as well as, uh, the guy who wrote Before the Dawn, which is which is an incredible book about human origins and it's something that lay people like myself could apprehend easily. But the guy fuckin a senior moment camera's name, but any of the guy wrote Before the Dawn. He was the science writer for the New York Times and he got in cermones he fired for, you know, promoting politically incorrect science.
Speaker 2: But Nicholas Wade, thank you.
Speaker 1: But Before the Dawn one of things to get into in there, And Corey McCarthy's actually made reference to this. There's there's evidence on chromegnant bones. There's two things. Is evidence on both the anderthal remains and chromeagnal remains of being scalped. So scalping goes back probably one hundred thousand years and across races, across regions, across epochs. They we're gonna if you're gonna take trophies from your victims, that you're gonna cut their scalp Off, which is really interesting, but also chromagnant burial sites and UH Neanderthal cooking fires the chromagnant bones that marks a butchery because the Anthols were eating them. So presumably what happened to the Neanderthals who were a human subspecies, but you're not supposed to talk about that because clearly that means that racial differences are real.
Speaker 2: Basically, what happened when I did my DNA test, have said that I had like seventy percent more Neanderthal DNA than most people do.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean in Europeans. Europeans have UH and and Central Asians and a frown. The East Asians have Neanderthal ad mixture. The only people who don't, as a major UH category of human being into the population neetics are black folks. Black folks basically had zero and Theanderdal DNA. Everybody else has it and varying degrees. But Milfred wallop Off and Wighed their theory is basically there's this catastrophic race war going on because Chromagnans, who eventually became not just anatomically but behaviorally modern humans, Neanderthals were bigger and stronger than them, and they were hunting them from food, like does it preferred foremost sustenance? Okay, Neanderthols whoever? They can communicate, but they couldn't speak like chromagnets can. And if you can speak, you know what you can do. You can shout military orders and you can devise tactics that can be explained to a fire team or a squad or a platoon. So even if people are bigger and stronger than you and uh harder to kill than you are, you know if you can, if you can shout military orders at your comrades and tactically outsmart them, you can kill them. So presumably the Anerthals probably disappeared because chromegnan man annihilated them because you know, it's saying we can't, we can't let these brutes survive, which you can't. You're being a hunted by guys who are built like Patrick Ewing who will eat you. You have to kill them all, you know. So that's what happened. That's why it's a joke. And like wallpof may that point this idea like like people don't take fronds and bows at the seriously anymore, and if you do, you're like some kind of like redditor with he's mentally disabled. But this idea that you know, they're oh, Neanderthals were just a different species. No, they weren't. We're not all African Neanderthals run a different species Chromagnan's rule because they killed everybody else and these catastrophic race wars that were kicked off for reasons like well, those people live in that other cave are monsters who eat us, you know, but the eaters of the dead. Uh. You know. In Crichton, a bunch like a lot of people who are literary types and you know, uh what would have been considered philologists back in the day. They took big exception of the book, not for PC reasons because they're like, oh, that's not what Baio was about. Is like, look, okay, it's in broad strokes. I'm trying to describe how in terms of ancestral memory and symbolic psychology, mythologies come about and come to hold this fascination over over people across centuries and even millennia, you know, and I that's not hard to believe. And if you read and bail off that that is the crops of it, I mean, not the Neanderthal thing, but you know, the the monster Grendel, like Grendel's mother is his deity, you know. I mean it may also within the parameters the the the narrative his actual mother, but that's not accidental or just some it's sort of a trivial plot device or something. But yeah, righting. Uh, the Dramta Strain was cool, and the nineteen seventies Body Snatchers, which is an awesome movie that's very much like the Andromeda Strain. The original West World was cool.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, I'm sorry, Sutherland. Yeah, yeah, yeah, the original West Wall was really good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, really good. You know what else is not? This is a movie that saw the sung. Abel Ferrara actually did his own version of uh Invasion the Body Snatchers, just called Body Snatchers from nineteen ninety three, and I'm a huge Able Ferrara fanatic. And to Roger Ebert's credit, he said, this is one of the best movies in nineteen ninety three and nobody saw it. Admittedly it had limited release, but uh, it's got uh, it's got it's got Billy Worth in it, you know. Uh, he's that Indian guy from the Lost Boys and Warburt. He always thought he was cool good after Yeah yeah yeah he was also he uh the first season of American Gladiators, he was a contestant and he kicked serious ass. And when I was a kid, I loved American Gladiators when I was like thirteen because it was awesome. And uh, Billy Worth he was obviously outsized by you know these uh, the Gladiators in those days, they were a bunch of bodybuilders and like x NFL guys and stuff. And I mean Billy Worth was in great shape, but these dudes had like eighty pounds on him, and he was he was holding his own And because I was always uh, because I was always a little guy, I was like, okay, yeah, fuck you what uh but uh no he But the ninety three Body Snatches is a really interesting take. It's got it's got Forrest Whitaker, it's got Lee Ernie, it's got that chick from Child's Play two, who was kind of a screen lesson on screen queen, and uh. It takes place on this military base in the Dirty South, which is obviously supposed to be Fort Bragg, but it's you know, post Cold War chaos is underway, and so people don't even realize what's happening for a minute, because it's a military environment where things are kind of deteriorating anyway, and it's really it's really good man. Man. Uh it's got a stronger body horror aspect uh than the original or the or the seventy eight version. But yeah, but they're all of them are great in their own right. My mom loved the original invasion of that Body Snatchers, uh, you know, because she was a horror inside fire boat. So I watched it with her a bunch when they show it, you know, like a midnight movies and stuff, and uh, when I was a kid. Uh now it's like a meme. But the ending of seventy eight Body Snatchers, we're brought in a cartwright, she says, Donald Sutherland. Uh, he's like walking about down at San Francisco. You know. She's like, hey, buddy, like remember me, like I'm human still too. He just like looks at her and then you like he goes into like full on like fucking uh yeah, like like like shrieking uh pod person mode. That was like really freaky, man, because like you didn't see it coming because like the last uh you forget that's a really it was a weird juxtaposition of science fiction, alien horror stuff and cinema meridat stuff. The last like three minutes of the movie is, uh, it's Donald Sutherland just like walking around. He's like in his office and you see him like filing papers and uh. Part of the whole subtext to the movie is you can walk among the pod people if you don't show emotion. So it's like, okay, like he's he's like kind of adapted to this new reality. But it says like him silently doing his thing, and then like all of a sudden he busts out with the yeah, with the with like the zog alarm or whatever. But uh, yeah, but it was he was freaky like the first time I saw it. Uh yeah, no, exactly like the first uh the first time I saw it, uh I it was like it was like a shock, you know it the uh, the uh, the ending of the the ending of the thing is freaky and and sort of the opposite way because you rather expect, uh, you either expect like a chopper to come in and rescue Childs and McCready, or you expect one of them to like turn into the thing, you know. Uh, but it's it's like ominous as hell because it's like, okay, you know, uh like McReady, Uh, I think, uh, you know, it's just sitting just sitting by the remains and the fire, you know, and Shilds is like, you know that fire are gonna last you know, uh longer than an hour or whatever. McRee He's like, yeah, well, I don't think gave us in a position to do much about too much about anything, and he buzzed out. What remains was J and B. But it's like, all right, these dudes are either they are gonna freeze a death. One of them is not human and so the remaining human is is going to be torn apart by the thing. But also they don't even know. Uh it's not even clear if they if they killed it or not, you know. And that's uh that uh. Before John Harmoner lost his mind and became like the sad alcoholic dementia victim who like hates his fans, you know, he he was bringing really interesting stuff to the table, and uh. The thing is uh about the most perfect adaptation of a of a love crafty and narrative I've seen, because it's not really a remake of the things from Another World. The Things from Another World is a great movie. But that's that's that's Frankenstein's Monster from Space. You know. Uh. The thing is that the Mountains of Madness, all right with with with homages to the Howard Hawk's original, like you know in the movie you know what the you know the thing around the world where the monster gets lit on fire and they crashed it to the wall into the snow. Okay, that's one continue was shot. They lit that man on fire. That's insane, you know, and that had never been done before. And uh when when uh when Bennis that that that's a freaky sit anyway, but uh when the Bennie thing like runs out and uh they gather around him and mcgredy's like, that's not Bennie. And then somebody like opens his tentacles and he lets out that like otherworldly scream and then they burn him. That's that's uh. I mean, that was two things. That was like showing off the practical effects of Rob Botten. But also you know it was a homage of that. There's islands of that scene in the ninety fifty one Hawks movie. But uh, but that uh the thing and in the mouth of Madness is obviously like an on the Noah's love crafty and movie and that that's a great movie, man, But it's very much uh like like self aware and you know, kind of cluing the audience and what's doing the thing is more subtle. But that's why Carboner when he's about his marble, as he said, uh, the thing Prince of Darkness and in the other Madness what he calls Apockelge trilogy, because the world comes to an end in all three, you know, And that's the uh and the subtext too, even uh, even if you have sort of a a happy ending view of the thing where or you know, McGrady and Child's have killed it. I mean, what that changes everything? What else is there either burned you know, buried in the ice that's just gonna be kicked up owing to the deep geological cycles of the Earth, or what else is gonna crash land and become an extinction level event inside of three years? You know. It's it's it's a fascinating meditation on that. It's and it's really interesting too because it goes to show you how it's uh, you know, it dropped a ninety eighty two right around The Blade Runner did it both failed the box office, and that happens one of the people think, man like classic film. It's that it's not Oscar season films that become like classics in the minds of film watchers. You know, like nobody's sitting around. I mean, I'm sure there's like some boomer retard helot somewhere who's saying this, but nobody's saying like, yeah, forced going because the greatest fucking movie ever. It just totally gets my dick hard, you know, like it's stuff.
Speaker 2: That would be Shiner, that would be Schindler's list.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Schindler's fist. Uh, it's this did there are some like hilarious parts the Schindler's fist, man like, uh, they ken't beat denied. Well, it's also, uh, Schindler's fist is fans to do is am on goat. First of all, he was executed for corruption and brutality, so obviously he what he was doing was a problem. And uh, Secondly, in real life he was this kind of fat guy who is not remotely attractive. But in the movie, it's, uh, they get Ralph Fines who's got like looks like a matinee idol uh and he's in uh this incredibly dope like pote comfort bond, the uniform. It's you know, it's like what do you what ex that you're trying to convey here man, you know. Uh, it's but yeah, it's also awesome too because like when they're when they're building the camp, apparently Germans are idiots who don't know how to engineer or build things because everybody knows that's what the Germans are known for. So they get this like random hapless ask a Nazi lee who apparently they rely on for like engineering know how, but then go it just gets mad at her and like blows her away. It's like so you're saying basically the third the third, like we're like really good looking, well dressed guys who had like IQ's of forty and like we're functioning on the level of subserent Africans. It's like what and they were they were like they were like blowing away like night in your old Jewish girls for knowing more about engineering than them. Like that that that's on order of that like Tyler Perry movie where like the Black Chicks in the mail room like put put, you know, the Apollo mission to the success or whatever it's not. It's not credible.
Speaker 2: Me and my buddy Bird have been threatening to Mystery Science Theater that Hidden Figures movie on like Rumble or something like that.
Speaker 1: That'd be uh, that'd be pretty awesome. It's uh, yeah, Bird is a he's a funny guy that I always enjoy it when he Uh, I always enjoy it when he was on deck with you, were or Burden or anybody else. The only time I ever talked to him was when the movie about out called Hidden Gerbils. But it seems like literally based on like factual circumstances. It's about how Gerbiling like built Faga and it's like responsible for all of its all of its good works and successes.
Speaker 2: But River River Hollow here put together the two movies we talked about and said, life is like a pile of shoes.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. I uh, you know. The only time he said Bird and Thomas need to a pod. I the time I The only time I talked to Bird in real time was uh during inauguration or no, I was during election night. I was shown out and uh uh I've been out with my with my homie Anthony. He was a dear friend. You know, you guys know Anthony Ramundo has been on my but that was the first time I've been in face to face. And he took us out of this awesome steakhouse and uh, I had a couple of scotches and then I got home and uh or got back to the hotel and I I had like a six or a king Kobra because it was like a election at night, things like festive. You know, I was getting like a little bit loose, you know, and uh and Burb was on deck and uh, I think he was a little bit crooked too, and uh yeah, that was Uh. I didn't think about showing. I had a great time talking to the fellas. But apparently that became this like legendary uh live stream, just because everybody was like saying crazy ship and uh, everybody was in a happy mood. And there's a lot of there's like a lot of energy abounding, like even at my hotel and stuff. I mean, Portland's kind of an odd place, but uh, I mean there's always unless I like it.
Speaker 2: Man, we hung out. We hung out in Portland, and I like it.
Speaker 1: It's one of my favorite Uh, it's one of my favorite cities. Man. I used to go through all the time in the two thousands. I still love going there. This day, I want to go out. Uh. One uh, one of the one of the Montana guys came through on Tuesday and I took him to a landmark and uh we had a great time. Man. But he uh, you know Charlie's out there as well. I told him I put him in touch with Charlie. But uh, a bunch of the Idaho guys have told me they're like, look, you know when you travel to when when you go to Portland over the road, you pass right through where we're at, which I do you know? They're like, uh, you should come hang out the summer or fall. And I've been meaning to go visit. Uh. I didn't want to go to the coast to see Ante and his wife this summer because uh it's something they got going on that I I'd like to help out with. But uh I so yeah, I'm always looking for if it's in the budget, and I'm not like feeling like I'm at desert door. I'm always looking for excuses to go to the Northwest. Man. But so no, I love Portland. But even what I was what I was gonna say was at election, you know there's always there's always high energy units and even if it's a cond is literally nobody was a fuck about like uh like Mitt Romney versus uh, you know, like snoop Zoggie zog or something. But no, there was there was just like a lot of like positive energy around and uh, well I get like Kings at the steakhouse and like I got kind of loaded. And then yeah, like Burn was saying, funny thing, isn't it? We we uh we got we got a good like comedy comedic rapport, I think, which is a real thing.
Speaker 2: But David Phillip Smith in the uh in the chat saying I took David Irvings to the berg Off in ninety nine, that was.
Speaker 1: That's freaking awesome. Yeah, that's freaking awesome. Yeah, yeah, I'm a yeah, we're come. We're going up on the hour. I'm gonna balance on a second because uh, speaking of good food and spirits, it's uh, I need a BLT because I got Bay, I only you once a day and like I basically just eat lunch and uh I go to the Landmark and know I'll eat at Bolt and have bush Mills and I'll like peck away in my manuscript. The reason why in the mow that manage in my mind, I was watching it, uh like early this morning. I would say earlier's morning to me, like four am because I wake up at like four am. And uh the scene with Sutter Kane played by you can proch now, he's like Sam Neils like shit talking him, but he's just like typing away and he's like, here's the manuscript. It's done, you know, and then he's like, you know, so fuck you, Like the great old ones are gonna bust through the wall and I'm the master of this reality anyway, and sam Neil just being like a smug English prick like I that's like the way that I'm like, that's like me with my manuscript, and like sam Neil is like is Zog. So I'm like, that's really fucking funny. It's a big grand Eles. But but yeah, man, I'm gonna, I'm gonna, I'm gonna make myself a presentable and uh go eat lunch. But yeah, thank you for doing this. Man. I feel really good about these Thursday streams. And uh, I know you got your own ship to do so I appreciate digging the time, get my love to missus Cannoni's and we'll uh yeah, you can meet a couple of days. Even though, like even though Carl was like sabotaging everything because he's Jewish, fucking with Carl Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he spoils everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's just like he's just a dirty jew. But uh anything, do you think since because he runs a fast food chain that he can like do whatever he wants. But in any event, no, I they had a side. Uh but yeah, we'll figure out. Uh, we'll figure out when to collab on that. I think, uh tomorrow, I'm collabing with Burden And you know, like I said, I'm trying to I'm trying to literally much fresh stumb as I can because like I didn't really do shit for a month, which again I am sorry about all the stubs.
Speaker 2: Well we'll finish up. We'll get together in a couple of days and finish up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah that would be good and.
Speaker 2: Democratic Campachi and then uh see what's next after that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? No, all right, thank you, buddy, I'll yeah, yeah, we'll talk later this weekend, chill later, all right, how do you as everybody