Speaker 1: Ay forty Here fifty five KRCD talk station. Very Happy Monday to you. Extra special Monday. We get the insights good from Breitbart News every Tuesday at eight oh five. Today, get a little insight into what is life like within China's borders. It's an empower youth seminar that'll be done by my next guest, Francis Martel, Breitbart's international editor and she's been with Bright Bart since twenty thirteen. I always recommend when I talk about Breitbart b R E I T B A r T, Breitbart dot com book market, you'll be glad you did because you get to read about what Francis Martel is writing. Francis, welcome back to the fifty five KRC Morning Show. It's great to have you on.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 1: Not all is rosy in China. I get the impression. I mean, we get this. I mean I worry about China. Obviously, they you know, cracked into all our computer systems. They've you know, interrupted it. They've got you know, chips that are have nefarious built in components to them. They're building up their military in a very rapid pace. They always are threatening to take over Taiwan. I mean, it just seems like they're on a role, and yet it's not that rosy in China. I understand. Tell my listeners a little bit about what you're gonna be talking about tomorrow night at seven pm.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, so you know, it doesn't feel like they're on a role. When you look at just the general sentiment, especially around young Chinese millennials and gen z, they are very despondent about the future of the country. One of the terms that they've been using on social media is the phrase garbage time of history, which is garbage time is a basketball term. It just means the end of the basketball game where it's obvious one team is going to win and nothing matters. They see the current time period as that. But it's obvious America is going to win and there's no point to the competition. So that's the attitude from young Chinese, and a lot of that is unemployment. A lot of that is the feeling that they will never be able to own a house, that they won't have the money to get married or have kids. The nine nine six culture, which is the nine nine sixes a jack Ma term from Ali Baba, and it basically needs nine am to nine pm, six days a week. The idea that you're you don't have a life outside of work. That attitude has really crushed the idea that you can start a family in China. And so there's all this frustration and kind of despondence from from normal Chinese people, especially to Chinese youth. A lot of them have moved back in with their parents. They're young Chinese people pretending to have a job online just so that their relatives don't bother them. But it's fake. You know. They take a picture out a desk and they pretend they're at work and they're unemployed. So it's not it's not a great sentiment over there. And I think with the with the incoming tariffs and all of that, you know a lot of people here are feeling that, you know, we're going to be affected so badly. And the attitude of the Chinese government is that, you know, they're they've survived three thousand years, their culture is so old, we'll get through the tariffs. But the sentiment among young Chinese is that you know, they've already lost.
Speaker 1: You know, I I sound it sounds to me like you can draw quite a few parallels to what's happened with young people here in the United States.
Speaker 2: Francis absolutely to an extreme extent, because at least we can complain about it, right. Everyone knows, Everyone knows how millennials feel about home ownership and health insurance and building families and all that, because we're on you know, Instagram, complaining all the time on Twitter. You can't do that in China. If you say the wrong thing on Wevo, you're getting banned. Your social credit score goes down, and if it goes down too low, you can't even take a train. So they are also silent, and that repression adds to the general feeling of hopelessness that that doesn't really.
Speaker 1: Serve the government well, and that seems to be a natural human reaction. If everything you say is scrutinized by your lords and masters within the Chinese Communist Party and you do have a social credit score, that concept in and of itself has got to be disheartening, and I would imagine induces perhaps some rebellion or anger within the Chinese people.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, and we saw a lot of that in twenty twenty two, in late twenty twenty two, where we saw these protests, and that was partly because of the COVID lockdowns, where you know, we had it pretty bad here in twenty twenty. We had some lockdowns in the Northeast and you know, in the Blue States, but in China it was you know, they were welding, people shot in their homes. They the police did not let you out. If you didn't have food, you just starved in parts of China in your house. So it was very, very repressive, and that triggered a wave of protests, and the most impressive ones to me were the white paper protests, where young Chinese people would go out and they would hold up protest signs, but they were completely blank because they knew if they said anything, it doesn't matter what was on the sign, they would be arrested for it. So they were daring police to arrest them for holding up a blank protest sign, and the police did arrest them. A lot of those people were disappeared into the justice system. We don't know what happened to them. There was a young Chinese, I think a college student who was arrested for reciting Shakespeare. How I compare these to a summer's day, which is inherently a political but you know, if you're celebrating Western literature in China, that's already an active rebellion. So there was a lot of that and that was crushed very violently. And so we haven't seen a massive wave of protests like that. But just last week in Changdu someone posted a huge banner across the bridge that said, you know, democracy is the only answer. So people are still protesting. People are still very actively protesting. It's just heavily repressed and a lot of the bravest people have already been shepherded into prisons. So you know that leadership vacuum is going to hurt a protest movement.
Speaker 1: So because of the you know, everything's electronic social media, of course, if you communicate on it, you're going to be tracked and monitored. There's going to be a permanent record of it. The Chinese Communist Party is looking at everything that you're doing this. I'm reminded you of Tine n Square because I remember that, like it was yesterday. There was this sort of hupe built up that that was going to lead them to some freedom and some democracy. Obviously it was crushed, but that was pre social media. That was an organic, organized thing and is there a potential for that type of thing to crop up again. But I mean, you know, an underground movement like people actually you know, communicating just by voice as opposed to electronically, that they can foment some sort of wider rebellion against this repression.
Speaker 2: I think that is happening to a certain extent. But from a religious perspective, I think the Christian underground in China's massive of people who go to house churches because in China Christianity is legal. There are two Christian churches that are legal, the Chinese Catholic Church, which is severed from the Vatican, and then the three Self Patriotic Church, which is basically common Party Protestantism. And if you go into those churches, they don't even talk about Jesus. So the actual Christians don't go to those churches. They pray at home, which is illegal, and a lot of those people have had their home fulldoz have been again disappeared into the justicism. But that Christian underground that is very you know, whispered. The meetings are quiet, they pray together in silence. That has been growing significantly. There are estimates that there are as many as one hundred million Christians in China, So I think that is definitely a big part of it. The protest movement that was the secular anti lockdown movement that still exists, but that has been crushed by hopelessness. And there's this also, this trends among millennials and gen z called lying flat, which essentially means, you know, don't have any career ambitions, don't get married, don't have kids, do nothing because anything you do serves the party. And that that definitely hurts the protest attitude, right. That feeds in to this idea that there's no hope in doing anything. America is going to win the Cold War, and there's no point in trying to fix our government. So that's that's a big hurdle to getting people into an active organization to protest and try to get changed.
Speaker 1: But I'm reminded of Atlas Shrug. You know, if you just don't participate and refuse to, you know, provide your labor and your brilliance to the Chinese Communist Party and people just sort of quit. If that movement were to get large enough, that kind of a profound impact.
Speaker 2: Yes, and it has, you know, if you look at the population trends in China, the birth rate is collapsing. Yeah, no one wants to have kids. And not only does does no.
Speaker 3: One want to have kids, There aren't enough women of child bearing age because of the one child's pod. It's thirty five million more men than women. So even if they wanted to, they can't. But they don't want to. And so a generation from now, that workforce is going to look very weak unless they start mass you know, importing migrants, and China is not going to do that.
Speaker 2: So that is going to have a tremendous negative effect on the economy. And the economy is basically the only thing holding up the party right now.
Speaker 1: Wow. And part of this makes me think of the Malethusians and the globalists of the world. Who thinks the world's population is too big anyway, So this is all playing into it. You know, Japan's shrinking rapidly every day, China's population isn't replacing itself, and the same thing here in the United States and in Europe. It's almost like, ultimately, you know, we're leading ourselves down the path of well not keeping the population up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think you know, we're in a better position and I think a country, for example, like South Korea, which has the world's lowest birth rate, because we are spiritually open, because you can have a religion in these countries, I think that fuels the desire to start families, especially larger families. In China, the trend that you have is that basically the only people who want to have families are the weaker mond in East Turkistan, and they are undergoing genocide. Chinese communists are going village by village sterilizing the entire female population of leaguer villages, so the only people that want to have kids are being sterilized. And then the Han population, which is despondence after seventy years of communism, seventy five years, they don't want kids, and you know, if they have because this communist government is also Han supremacists, the ethnic con group, which is the majority population of China, it doesn't really serve them that there's.
Speaker 3: Also a trend of Chinese men looking for Indian or Pakistani.
Speaker 2: Wives because that doesn't really firm the idea of their supremacy right. So it is a huge problem. They've been trying to pressure women into having babies. The Communist Party now called women and ask them about their cycles and ask them if they plant and have families, which is incredibly intrusive and having the opposite effect of what they want picking in. And it's going to be interesting to see how.
Speaker 1: They deal with this fascinating conversation, fascinating topic. Francis Martel international leedit at Breitbart, should be speaking tomorrow night, beginning at seven pm. It's log in from the comfort of your own home only, register to a ten virtually go to empower Youamerica dot org and Joe, we'll also add a line fifty five Caarosee dot com that for that link. It's been fascinating talk with you, Francis. As always, I know my listener is going to enjoy the seminar tomorrow night, and I look forward to talking with you again real soon.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for having me on my pleasure.
Speaker 1: It's eight fifty two right now, folks with five Carrisee the talk station. Gay to Heaven Cemetery located right there in Montgomery. It's gorgeous there at Gay to Heaven. It's a nice place to reflect, engage in some prayer. We'll do the walks around their gorgeous gorgeous grounds there with a seasonal flowers. Springtime is a perfect time to do a stroll through Gay to Heaven and exhale, relax, enjoy the cemetery's quiet, reverence surroundings. That's what it's all about and make want to reflect on the passage of the Pope. If you're cast, good place to go. But it's a good place for everybody, and it is open for everyone to enjoy. Gate of Heaven administering to the tri State for more than seventy seven years, honoring life on sacred ground. To learn more good at Gateoveheaven dot org. That's gateof Heeaven dot org. Fifty five car the talk station