Speaker 1: Drive time. It is about eight minutes past the hour two o'clock on a Thursday afternoon. What's going on?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 1: Have you with us? We have a lot to do. We're out and about. I want to tell you right away where we're at. And we do this every single year. It is the thirteenth annual Memorial Day weekend tent sale out here at Wassatch Frontkia. We are up north oh Town, stand up, shout out to all my Ogden people. The address is seven to seventy West Riverdale Road at Ogden. It's very easy to find. It's right off the freeway, little construction up north. If you haven't been up this way in a while, so stay frosted. You get off the right exit, seven to seventy West Riverdale Road at Ogden. I would recommend putting that address in your GPS and then coming on up and saying hello. We are giving away a lone Mountain one one ten qt cooler from Pittmaster, the Pitmaster Supply Company, and I can see it to my left. It is red, white and blue, so you can celebrate loving America while drinking cold beer. Why not like people in Ogden are gonna run on up for this seven to seventy West Riverdale Road in Ogden, thirteenth Dannuel Memorial Did weekend tent sale, great deals, cool prizes. I've been coming up here for like fifteen years every Memorial Day, so if you are up north, we would love to see you at seven seventy West Riverdale Road in Ogden to win the cooler, the red, white and blue cooler let's be clear, the lone Mountain one one ten qt cooler from Pittmaster Supply Company. All you have to do is enter to win and we will draw a name about five o'clock. It's a really nice cooler. It's very large. Some people say it's the greatest cooler of all time. We have free pizza from Little Caesars too, if you want to feed the family. Coming up and say hello. So seven seventy West Riverdale Road in Ogden is the thirteenth Dannuel Memorial Day weekend tent sale with our friends at Wassatch Frontka. So come on by and say hello. Porter. I feel like I might need to bring you in right away because I don't even know if last night it was real.
Speaker 3: I can't do it.
Speaker 1: It feels like a fever. Dream Man and I gotta be honest, I actually had trouble sleeping. I was thinking about the New York Knicks just allowing lead after lead after lead to evaporate. So we'll get to the game. We'll get to some NBA playoffs on the program. That was as much about the Knicks choking away as it was about the Pacers making plays. We'll talk about it on the show.
Speaker 2: Today.
Speaker 1: We've got a couple of good NBA guests. We have a really good NBA guest to talk NBA draft prospects. As we are high speed ahead to the NBA Draft coming up on June the twenty fifth, just over a month away from today, we will be bringing you excellent coverage of the NBA Draft. Will be myself, Richard Smith, and Gordy Chiasa. We'll do round one on the twenty fifth, and Round two is actually during our radio show on the twenty six, so we'll be able to kind of react to all the picks live. The Jazz have two first round picks. They also have two second round picks in this year's NBA draft, and our own Sarah Todd is reporting that the Utah Jazz have been interviewing a bunch of different young prospects, so we'll do some NBA draft on the program today. The latest on an unfortunate story regarding BYU's quarterback Jake Rhetz Laugh. The Salt Lake Tribune broke the news yesterday about ten minutes before we signed on air, that Jake has been accused of sexual assault in a new civil lawsuit. There are some new details that have emerged. Our guy Kyle Bondagurra actually wrote a piece for ESPN, so we'll get into it. The new details is, and this is according to ESPN dot Com, our friend Kyle Bondagura, Utah woman is alleged that BYU quarterback Jake Rhetz Laugh raped, strangled, then bit her and she was encouraged by Provo police not to do anything about it after reporting it, according to a lawsuit filed Wednesday in Utah State Court. You know the reaction online. It's basically a mirror put in front of people, and it's been really disappointing to see the reaction. And if you wonder why these young women need anonymity, anonymity can you believe can you wrap your mind around what she would go through if you actually knew who she was. I've been disappointed. I've been disappointed with BYU fans. I've been disappointed with Utah fans. This is not a football story. It's not a time to take a victory lap. There is an alleged victim here, So will bring you the latest. There's nothing official since we signed off outside of the statement that BYU released and Jake's attorney released as well, so that came down yesterday. We'll bring you the latest as we go throughout the program today. Obviously, it's a massive, massive story on a number of different levels. And I'll just say this, you can always not tweet, you can always not have a take, you can always not have an opinion, especially if your opinion is victim shaming or using this as a victory lap to run around your rival because they play a children's game with a oblong pigskin ball. It's very strange to me. This is a mirror that's put up in front of you, and you're telling on yourselves when you decide to take d the internet to victim shame, and you wonder why, you know, this is kind of the deal where anonymity is rewarded to victims to report such crimes, but we'll get to it on the show. We have some NBA Playoffs tonight. It is the Tee Wolves and the Thunder from Paycom Center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Game two after Oka see ran Minnesota off the floor in the second after in Game one will be at six thirty Mountain Time, and ESPN has the coverage for you. We have a big college football story and we'll get to it today as the CFP has approved a new seating model for next season. Now we still do not have clarity for what the CFP will look like in twenty twenty six, but the College Football Playoff is now going to a new straight seating model. It's beyond dumb. They didn't do this at the start. And all you need to know is like the best teams will get the highest seeds, just like they do in basketball. So winning your conference still gives you a economic takeaway and a nice cash payout, but it no longer guarantees that you'll be one of the top seeds. It's just the best teams get the best seeds. That's the way it should be. So we'll get to some college football storylines on the program today. RSL is back at Action coming up on Saturday, taking on the best team in Major League Soccer, Vancouver Diego. Luna and Ameca Andelli have been called up to represent the US men's national team during the Gold Cup, although Christian Pulisic has decided he will not play, which is a little bit puzzling. We have the all defensive team in the NBA, so we'll get to some of that stuff on the show today, and the world of professional golf today is honed in on the Charles Schwab Challenge. We'll bring you a couple of scoreboard updates Courtisy of our friends of the UGA. It's a good field. It's kind of a surprising good field after the PGA Championship at Quail Hollow a week ago. So a lot to do on the program on this beautiful Thursday afternoon. Summer is right around the corner. If you'd like a brand new red, white and blue because America Cooler, come on by seven to seventy West Riverdale Road in Ogden. It is the thirteenth annual Memorial Day weekend tent sale at wass Edge Front Key I swear I've been coming up here for like fifteen years. Seven seventy West Riverdale Road. Come on by and say hi. You can enter to win this lone Mountain one one ten qt cooler from Pittmaster Supply Company and we will draw a name to reward at about five o'clock today on the program all Right, our first guest today Tony Jones from the Athletic oh Dear see how Tony's doing. On a Thursday afternoon after an epic collapse from the New York Knicks in Midtad Manhattan at Madison Square Garden, Raphael Barlow, who's the host of the NBA Big Board podcast, to talk some NBA Draft We'll see who he thinks the Jazz could look at at number five. Kurt Schmidt, RSL technical director will preview the weekend ahead in the world of Major League Soccer with Kurt, and then Matt Brown stops by from Extra Points to talk some college foot on this Thursday afternoon ton of college football storylines to get to with Matt. And then, of course, as we are wont to do every Thursday afternoon, we're bringing our friends from the law firm of Handy and Handy, Preston and Garrett No Alan. Alan will not join us. No pizza for listeners. You will not have any pizza. Sorry about that. That comes from Jan herself when Jans lays down the edict. There's nothing I can do about it. So Tony Jones, Raphael Barlow, Kirt Schmidt, Matt Brown, our friends from Handy and Handy, Mee Spence. Check its live today at Whilesatch Front, Kia seven to seventy West Riverdale Road in Ogden, thirteenth Daniel Memorial Day weekend Tentsale. Come on by and say hello about I don't know, twenty miles we'll call that south east of US is where we find Porter Larson the day after potentially the worst collapse. And look, if you're a Nick fan, this is saying something the worst collapse in the history potential of the team that we both tend to cheer for the New York Next man, how are you holding up?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Man, it was. It was brutal last night to watch that unfold in the way that it did. Not only you know, the Pacers making shot after shot after shot, getting roll after role, getting call after call. It all seemed to be going in their direction, and then the Knicks also handed it to them on a platter with miss free throws, with turnovers, with you know, just dumb decisions, and that hurts. That stings. I saw the stat I think teams that led by nine points with two and a half minutes left in the playoffs were or zero and one and fourteen over the last twenty seven postseasons. That's now one win for teams trailing by nine plus points in that scenario. And it's the Pacers, Spence. I brought up the term like PTSD, and I felt a little bad about doing it because it's a serious thing. But and we're talking about the Pacers. I now, I guess I'm a little you know, proven right about why I brought that up when dealing with this team and this Knicks team in the playoffs.
Speaker 1: I hate them. I hate them so much. Yes, I hate the Indiana Pacers so much. I hate everything about them. I hate their jerseyst I hate everything about them. I do respect, I do respect their head coach. And look, that's a it's a group that knows how to come back. We've seen it all postseason long. So Tony Jones will be our first guest. But before we get to Tjy, courtesy of our good friends at Prize Picks on a Thursday afternoon. It's time now for your opening tip.
Speaker 5: Welcome to the Drive with Spence. Check its on Utah's number one sports talk now into the studios of ESPN seven hundred to set the scene for the show. The opening tip of the Drive is brought to you by Prize Picks. Use the code ESPN seven hundred and run your game with Prize Picks.
Speaker 1: Cash in on the Basketball Playoffs with Prize Picks. Don't miss your last chance to add your favorite player from the court to your Prize Picks lineup. Whether it's points, rebounds, or assists. Take your pick of more or less for your shot to win up to two thousand times your cash. Today turn your playoff, hot takes and tickets to Basketball's championship series, starting with the playing round every every let's see every three, Oh, we got new copy, let me start over, starting with the playing round every five dollars three pick flex All NBA lineup you make on Prize Picks will enter you into the Take two ticket sweepstakes, which could get you in a in a plus one VIP trip to the ship. So here's what you do. You download the Prize Picks at today use the promo code ESPN seven hundred checkout. They're gonna hook you up with fifty dollars when you play your first five dollars bet. You do not even have to win the bet to get the fifty. It's on the house. So download the prize Picks aff today, use the promo code ESPN seven hundred to check out, and they're gonna hook you up with fifty dollars when you play that first five dollars bet. All right, I'm gonna go heavy tonight on Anthony Edwards. I'm gonna take over for Aunt twenty five points. I'm gonna take under for Julius Randall because I'm an angry Nick fan today at twenty points. Give me more for SGA thirty two point five points. I'm going to take more for nas Red ten point five points, and finally more for Chet Hungrin fourteen points for the game tonight, Game two between Minnesota and Okay. See, all right, we gotta do it. We have no choice. Playoff basketball, generally speaking, is awesome this season. For whatever reason, it seems to have a little extra juice and a little extra spice. The NBA playoff ratings are absolutely through the roof a lot of people watching NBA playoff basketball, but tonight was excise me. Last night was a little bit different as it pertained to the way the game unfolded. So let's do a couple of things here. We have some good NBA guests and so we'll get to some of the breakdown. I want to start off the top with something I haven't necessarily heard a ton of people talk about, and that is as much as I respect and on a personal level, the head coach of the New York Knicks, Tom Thibodeaux. He was out coach last night, and to me, that's the number one takeaway.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Of course, players win and lose games more than coaches do. It's a player a driven league. But he utilized his challenges on a couple of really audacious situations that cost him timeouts and then eliminated his ability to challenge some plays down the stretch. Rick Carlisle, on the other hand, despite his players please to challenge a couple of early plays on a couple of different occasions, he pushed back on his players and said, just go play. It's up to me. He held on to his challenges, was able to challenge two big plays late that both went the way. The Pacers held on to his timeouts, the Knicks ran out of timeouts, and there were a couple of different errors that I think coach Dibbodeau made that Rick Carlevel was able to capitalize on. The analytical community continues to take l's all the goobs and nerds that cover basketball with our calculator, why are we fouling up three with thirteen seconds left? That's way too much time, way too much time. And yes, nobody saw aaron NEI Smith turning into Ray Allen circa nineteen ninety eight. I get that, but we should get give aaron NEI Smith a lot of credit. And you know who drafted aaron Ne Smith little unknown fact, well you can google it, Danny Ainge in Boston. Aaron NEI Smith was a Celtic, could not get off the bench. Indiana liked what they saw from him, brought him in. And so certainly the Pacers deserve a grip of credit for playing forty eight minutes of basketball in a way the New York Knicks did not. But this was a comedy of errors for the Knicks, and I think it was led by their head coach. He was a hell of a coach, but he has never coached in an NBA finals before as a head coach. He coached in the finals with Jeff Van Gundy as an assistant for the next back in the day. But I know a lot has been made about simply the shot making, the dynamic shot making of the Indiana Pacers in the fourth quarter, and a lot conversation about Aaron Nee Smith setting an NBA record six three point shots, five in the final five minutes, NBA records things that we've never seen before, eight of nine from three, Nie Smith with thirty and of course Tyree Saliburton doing everything he possibly can to continue to have most of the league absolutely hate him as a person, even though he's a dynamic player with a massive shot. He had a game winner against Milwaukee, he had one game winner against Cleveland, a couple of other big time shots down the stretch to help the Pacers get by the Cleveland Cavaliers. And yes, if you are a Nick fan, little PTSD from twenty five years ago when Reggie Miller in that very same building scored eight points and nine seconds and threw the choke sign up to Spike Lee and the rest of Mattis Square Garden. I will remind you that the Knicks won that series, even though the documentary winning time would indicate otherwise. And Tyree Saliburton thought he had hit a game winning three. There was a certain element of luck to that as he bricked it off the back eye and had a bounce so high that if you were watching it on TV, the ball disappeared and then it bounces through. He thought he hit a three throws the joke sign up, and then you know he realizes, wait a second, they're reviewing it. Two point shot boom overtime, and if the Pacers didn't go on to win that game in overtime, Halliburton would have some real egg on his face. And look, the problem with a game like this, to try to break it down in a truncated segment, we'll talk about it with some of our NBA guests. There are so many stories within the game and stories within the stories. You know when I'm watching games, of course, when you do this for a living and you're watching it through the prism of what can I talk about on the show. When Jalen Bronson picked up his fifth foul with ten minutes left in the game, it was only a two point game at the time, and I thought that was Indiana's chance to go win the thing because Jalen is so important to everything the nixt two. Now, after that og Anobi hits a three. It was not a good og game. We'll get to that in a moment. He hits a three, knocks down a runner, and then two really boneheaded defensive plays by the Pacers from two very good defensive players, one of them Andrew Nemhart, who had a great overtime U he fouls Ogeana three, and then Aaron Nesmith fouls cat on a three. They combined to hit five of six free throws, and suddenly the Knicks, after Jalen goes to the bench, go on a random ten zero run and you feel like they're kind of in control. Now. Coach Tibodeau puts Jalen back in the game with about five and a half minutes left, and when Jalen knocks down his step back three. Now, as a Nick fan who's seen it all, I don't know that I was even close to believing that the game was over. As the Knicks continue to build these leads. But when Jalen Brunson hit his step back three with two point fifty one left to make it one nineteen one oh five. That's when I said, Okay, all right, there's just simply not enough time for the Knicks two collapse in the Pacers to take it. No part of me was like confident of a Nick team historically speaking that I've seen just you know what, the bed over and over and over. But Jalen makes a step back three, they go up fourteen. I'm like, there's just not enough time for the Pacers to capitalize on the inevitable mistakes that the Knicks will make, because that's what the Knicks do. When Jalen Brunson gave the ball up to Cat and Kakoff fouled, I texted my son, who was watching the game. I said, no way, Cat makes both. He misses one. OG misses a free throw as well. So the fact of the matter is you decided to play the foul game in the free throw game with way too much time left, and it would work if you would make your free throws. That's the problem. Cat misses one, OG misses one. And then the other thing that we have to acknowledge is this. I went back and watched the end of the game four or five times because I just wanted to see how Nie Smith was able to get loose. Two of the best perimeter defensive players on the Nick roster had horrible perimeter defensive mistakes. It was a bad og had three bad closeouts on Nie Smith. Josh Hart slipped a couple of different times to give Nie Smith a wide open look and look. I have never been one to criticize Tom Thibodeaux for essentially playing his players too much. I think it's a silly thing to do. But if you were watching that game, it was clear that the Knicks were fatigued. It was clear that they were gassed, and they played a tough series against Detroit. They're coming off a six game series against the Celtics, and the Pacers were able to rest a little bit after dispatching the Cavs in five games. You have to wonder, and the Pacers have a lot of young wings that are full of energy. You have to wonder if Tom Thibodeaux has to look at his rotation a little bit and just can you get something out of precious to Atua. Can you get something out of the players on your bench that we haven't seen play. Because here's the other issue. If you're a Nick fan. At this point, we play every other day now, there's no two day rests, there's no three day time period between games. Every other day is how it's going now. And Indiana goo's eleven deep. They have eleven players that average fifteen plus points a night, or excuse me, fifteen plus minutes a night. And if that's the deal and the Knicks are going seven deep, at some point, it's going to catch up to you, not even mentioning how you could look in the NBA Finals if you continue to run your seven guys into the ground. And I don't love the campaign minutes, Like I'm not a huge fan of Cameron Pain, but last night with Jalen and foul trouble, Cam at least gave you a few minutes. Essentially, it's Jalen, it's Bridges, it's Heart, it's Og, it's Cat, and then it's Mitchell Robinson who continues to play really well. I would have liked a little bit more of a dynamic close out on Halliburton's shot, and then it's Miles McBride really for the most part, and then out of necessity, if Jalen needs rest or if he's in foul trouble, you can bring in campaign, But can you get a couple of minutes from precious Atua so you can sit Og who was clearly gassed, and sit Josh who slipped a couple of different times. Can you dust Landry sham it off a little bit? You gotta figure something out. You just have to ultimately or else Indiana is gonna Indiana is gonna run you off the floor. Can you write his name down there?
Speaker 2: Effects?
Speaker 1: Indiana is gonna run you off the floor because they truly go eleven deep. They have eleven players that play fifteen plus minutes in the Knickts half seven. So we saw a couple of uncharacteristic Jalen Brunson turnovers last night. I think a lot of that was fatigue. We saw a lot of uncharacteristic defensive lapses. I think a lot of that was fatigue as well. Now, the fascinating thing is what happens in game two. And this is the cool thing about being in the world of pro sports and being in the world of covering sports, because the Knicks have an opportunity to really, you know, come back in a way that could prove a lot of people wrong. But a loss like that, as Porter reference, with the stats that is historic. It also could go the other way and the Pacers could win this thing in four or five games. All right, we are live today. I've been coming up here for like fifteen sixteen years every Memorial Day. It's wassatch Frontkias seven to seventy West Riverdale Road. Arbie stops by. What's up?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 6: How are you nothing?
Speaker 1: Hang now?
Speaker 6: Man, have good time.
Speaker 1: Good to see again. I think I interviewed last year.
Speaker 6: Right absolutely?
Speaker 1: Okay, so let's talk about just macro standpoint. What do you want our listeners to know about what you guys have going on with the Memorial Day weekend sale.
Speaker 7: Just having huge sales prices clearly marked. Everything is slashed down. I've got rates as low as one point nine. We've got thousands and rebates, tons of deals, all budgets, all sizes.
Speaker 6: You need anything, we have it pretty much.
Speaker 1: There you go, and we are giving away a lone Mountain one one zero, one ten whatever you want to say, QT cooler from Pittmaster Supply Company, Red white and blue. All you have to do is come on by and enter to win. We'll draw a name at five o'clock and rby. One of the things I always notice when I come up here is you have a solution as far as vehicles go for every member of the family.
Speaker 6: Everybody.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you need something to haul a big old trailer, We got you on a truck. You need a first time buyer car. We've got little cars. It's perfect for teenagers and anything in between. You need a van to carry everybody in the family, commuter to get to work, good fuel economy.
Speaker 6: We literally have everything here.
Speaker 1: Seven to seventy West Riverdale Road in Ogden. Is there a place people can go website check out some information before they roll up?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Mankiakiakia dot com. Easy enough to remember.
Speaker 1: Alright, brother, good to see you. We'll chat again, all right, Come on by. It's Wasatch Front Kia seven to seventy West Riverdale Road in Augden. Thirteenth Daniel Memorial Day weekend tent sale with some hot deals and cool prizes. So you can come on by and enter to win a lone Mountain one one zero qt cooler from Pittmaster Supply Company. We're gonna draw a name and give it away at about five o'clock. All right, coming up on the other side. We'll see how our guy, Tony Jones is holding up. We'll do a little Knicks Pacers, We'll do a little Thunder Timberwolves, and then Tony covers the Nuggets and they made a decision on their head. Coach. I we're live today wassatch front Kia seven seventy West Riverdale Road in Ogden, thirteenth Daniel Memorial Day Weekend tenth sale with a bunch of great deals vehicles for every member the family, mom, dad, children, What have you? Seven seventy West Riverdale Road in Ogden, thirteenth Daniel Memorial Day Weekend tent Sale. I'm not gonna lie. When I saw our next guest was on the rundown today, I shed a tear. My heart broke a little bit. Tony Jones was last night real? I feel like it was a fever dream. Dude, did did last night actually happen?
Speaker 2: I can safely tell you that, you know we I've been doing your show for how long?
Speaker 1: Six years?
Speaker 2: Six years? I've never not looked forward to doing a hit with you until today.
Speaker 1: Oh man, that's fair, that's fair. On the pantheon. You know, Porter's a young Porter's a young nick fan. We love them, but let's give him a big hug. You and I r ogs and so I thought about that James Franco gift where it's like, hey, first time right on the pantheon of heartbreak that we've all suffered throughout the course of the year. Where did last night rank for you?
Speaker 2: This is one of the worst losses in transfise.
Speaker 1: History for sure.
Speaker 2: This is this is a there with you Ain't missing the layup. This is up there with eight points and nine seconds. This is up there with Reggie going off for twenty five on us in the fourth quarter. This is up there with Starts missing shot after shot after shot and pat Riley keeping him in the game, uh to to go two for eighteen and in the game seven of the NBA Finals. I mean, this is this is up there with you know, Roy Hibbert. You know I love Roy because he's a Georgetown guy, But you know, blocking Carmelo at the rim. I mean, this is this is up there with the most painful office that I've ever suffered. As the next san full stop. I I went on a run last night just to try to clear my head, and when I stopped, I got into six miles and I didn't even know it.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what, man, I mentioned this to start of the show. I'm not even kidding. I couldn't sleep, Like, I went to bed, I watched Inside, I watched Van Pelt, I read a couple recaps, and then I tried to go to bed, and I kept thinking about OG's lack of closing out on Nie Smith, Josh Hart slipping twice and giving Nie Smith these open looks, and I knew Kat was gonna miss one. I thought Og was gonna make both. I don't even know where to hone in, dude, Like, was there ever a moment? So I said this earlier when Jalen hit the step back three to make it one nineteen one oh five, even though the PTSD of the Nick fandom and me was clearly alive and well, I just thought, there just is not enough time left, like it's a fourteen point game they do like the pacers just don't have enough time. So part of me allowed myself to get to get excited. Then was there a point in the game where you were a relaxed You're like, yep, we got this, It's done.
Speaker 2: You know, I thought I thought it one nineteen one oh five that I was like, okay, this, this seems safe. But when it got the one nineteen one thirteen, even though there was under a man left, there were forty one seconds left, I was like, yeah, but the Bucks blew this. And that was what I was thinking, And I was like, if anybody could mimic the Milwaukee Bucks, just us. And that's exactly what we did. And then and then Holly gives us the second shot at knife and then twist the nights even more. We scored the first four points in overtime and then you're like, okay, you know, we scored the first four points in overtime. And then on that next possession, Myles Turner turns the ball over and I'm like, oh, okay, we're good. We're good. We're on the break. That was a gold tend.
Speaker 1: Yes it was, Yes, it was, yes, it was.
Speaker 2: That was a gold tend that absolutely hit the glass. First, we should have had a six point lead. Instead, the goal ten wasn't called, and they come down in transition and them right hit the three, and that that, for all intents and purposes, ended the game for us because it took the wind out of our sales It took the wind out of the sales of the garden, and then we got tight and we didn't run a good a good offensive possession the rest of the game. And that was sick to my stomach og throwing that past the Brunton. Was so much space in between, there was not There was too much space for that pass. And then the first replay, Oh my dear god, that went off of Jalen. We're gonna lose the game. It was I mean, it was. You know, when you talk about death, you want it quick and easy, right, you don't want to slow burn. And that's what last night was. It was just the slow burn into oblivion. And it hurt. It hurts so badly.
Speaker 1: It did. It did. And you know, we'll get to how you think they're gonna react, because if there is good news, it was game one. It wasn't Game seven against the Rockets when John couldn't find the broadside of a barn. So there's plenty of time left. But we'll get to that in a moment. Let's stick with the game. Tony, I led with this. I love Tom Thibodeaux. I've known him forever. He was Jeff's assistant back in the day he got out coached. Last night. I mean a couple of challenges where I'm watching on TV and Jalen's offensive foul on Nei Smith, and of course every player stands up and does the thing with a finger like review that I'm like, don't review it. A, it's too early in the game. B. You're gonna lose that challenge. See, you're gonna lose the time out. And on three different occasions, Idiana pacer players turned towards Rick Carlisle to ask him to challenge plays early in the game, and Rick said, no, go play. I'm hanging on to him, and he hung onto his challenges that allowed him to challenge two massive plays at the end, including the possession that you just referenced that both went Indiana's way. The analytical community has taken a lot of l's this year. I don't know why we're fouling up three with thirteen seconds left, like that's too much time. So I and rotationally. You know, there's not a lot of hard data that indicates Tom Thibodeau plays his players too much and therefore they get hurt. Og was tired. He didn't close out on three different Knie Smith threes. Josh Hart slipped twice. He was tired. Jalen had two horrific turnovers. Cat missus free throws, Og misses a free throw, Like, I think Tom has to wear this a little bit, Tony. I thought Rick Carlisle completely out coached him last night.
Speaker 2: I agree, and I thought he completely you know, our schemed them down a stretch when it comes to make an endgame adjustment, you know, And I think that the biggest thing that that Rick got his guys to do was just keep playing like they never stopped playing, like you know, they we hit them with that fifteen oh run without Jalen, which will never happen again in that series, Like that was a that was a complete gift that Indiana imploded in that stretch and that'll that will never happen again with Jalen Brusson off the floor in this series. And we wasted it. And but the key was that, you know, they got themselves together, They kept playing, They got onto the next play. You know, every time that Jalen foul drifted and got a call, you know, they didn't show much frustration. They got to it, They got to the next play. They kept playing, and we kind of imploded a little bit and term the other way. We didn't show as much maturity as Indiana did. I gotta tell you, Spence, I think we lost the series last night. Like I know, it sounds pretty stupid to say that you lost the series in one game, but I think we lost the series in one game. And I'll tell you why. The longer this series goes, the more disadvantage that we're gonna be in because Indiana played so fast and they're so teams, We're gonna be more fatigued and more fatigued as the series goes on. We cannot afford to play this series from behind. We have to play this series for my heads. So we have to win the next two games. And even if we let's say we let's say we win tomorrow night, let's say we get one of the two games in Indiana, it's still to two series only that that is going six or seven. And if to go six or seven, Indiana has such a big advantage because they're going to be so much more fresh. They have five guys, Our five starters all play at least thirty eight minutes a game. They do not have a start single starter that played over thirty four minutes. Again, that's huge, especially in an every other day series. And that's why I thought last night was so important. We needed to get on We needed to jump on top in this series.
Speaker 1: So now that leads me to the next point, and you know, it's this is what makes sports fascinating because I can't sit here and tell you that you're wrong. I think that's one of the reasons why I was watching the game last night, and then after it ended the way it did, I'm like, Okay, that's not just an L. Like there are l's and then there are l's that steal your soul. And that's what last night was. So if we move over into potential for Tom Thibodau on the New York Knicks, can they dust off Precious at you? A? Can? Can Precious give you ten minutes? Can you dust off Landry Shammitt? Can he give you ten or twelve minutes?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 1: Are there solutions on the roster? Did allow Og to get a blow for four or five minutes or Josh to sit for I'm not talking about Precious giving you twenty five minutes, man, I'm talking about Precious at you. Uh, Landry Shammitt giving you ten or twelve minutes here there? Can Tom extend his rotation a little bit because the other thing Tony starting out of the game Indiana couldod miss. But the other thing I noticed is the Knicks were trying to match their pace and it was working because the Knicks can play fast. But I just started to wonder, like, how is this going to look at the end of the game when Rick can go ten to eleven deep to your point, eleven players averaging ten or more minutes a night, and Tom continues to stick with this seven man rotation quasi eight man because Campaign played some minutes because Jalen was in foul trouble. Do you think Tom can extend his rotation a little bit, dust off some of these players at the end of the bench, just to give the starters a little bit of a rest here or there.
Speaker 2: Tom Thibodeau has the line right on his bench. Okay, Tyreese Halliburton was cooking us in the fourth quarter down a stretch. Thelon Wright has been in the NBA for ten years for one reason, one reason only because he is an absolutely dogged the perimeter defender, even if he's not what he was at his team and he's not. He's not the defender he was at his team, but he's still a good defender. You mean to tell me that he couldn't steal four possessions on Tyrese Haliburton just to give him another look, just to see what happens. You know, That's the thing you know with Tom Thibodeau that always hold him back. He's two set in his ways. Right, we can sit here, right now, we can be like, yeah, precious Truer is capable of giving him five to five to ten minutes, and he is, and Lamb Shama is capable of coming and you know, not hurting me for five minutes, and he is. But it's not gonna matter because Tom's not gonna do it. He's gonna stay with the same seven guys for forty eight minutes. He's gonna say, with the same starters for forty two to forty five minutes. Josh Harden is gonna play forty six minutes, and he's gonna ride with that until OG's hamstring is falling off the boat. And then when and then when we lose the series. Uh, and then when we lose the series, Leon Roach should fire him and go and get a coach that adjusts, because that's what Tom does. Yeah, he leads to the water. He leads you to the water, but he's not capable of making you drink. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's never coach in an NBA finals as a head coach. His NBA Finals experience consists of him being an assistant with Jeff back in the day. All right, one more thing here and then we've got a couple of other things to do. Of course, we need to talk some jazz, and the Denver Nuggets have made a decision on their head coach, and hell, there's a game tonight. Just tell me what you anticipate in Game two tomorrow night, Nicks are a five point five point favorite. That line is a little big for me. I wouldn't be stunned actually, based off of maybe the energy of the crowd, and I would imagine a really frustrated group if New York comes out tomorrow and smokes them. I'm not going to predict that because again, PTSD, what do you think happens tomorrow night?
Speaker 2: Well, the thing about Tomorrow night that's fascinating is Indiana has been the one team in this postseason in the NBA that hasn't and when they've gotten up one nothing on the road, they haven't been satisfied. Like I covered, you know, the Nuggets last you know, I've been covering the Nuggets, and when they got a one off and against Oklahoma City, they were clearly fine with going back to ball Arena with the splay, you know, and okay, see beat them by like eighty points. And you know, that's what scares me. You know, it scares me that, you know, we could play a good game tomorrow night and Andleanna can still just take it a smile and they're still capable of winning the game, because that's what they did to Cleveland last series. You know, Game two K, Cleveland came out, guns are blazing. Uh. You know, Donovan was scored drop forty. They made every shot and Indiana state in it and stayed in it and stayed in it and hold and Halliburton killed him at the end. You know. So we're gonna have to play forty eight minutes and it doesn't matter if we're up by seventy points. We gotta keep playing like our life, depending on our life depends on it. Because as the Pacers are not just gonna lay down just because it's Game two and they've already got to split. You know, they're they're kind of they've been really hungry, and they've been really good at being really hungry, uh, in these playoffs. The reason while last week I sat on your show and I was like, yeah, the Pacers can win the NBA Championship, capable, and uh, you know, they're they're really good. You know, I think they're they're not getting as much love as they deserve because you know, they don't have a top ten guy, but you know people want if you watch them night after night, possession after possession, you know, that's just a really really really good basketball team and it's it's gonna be tough for us to get a winner all night.
Speaker 1: All right, let's move over to tonight's game two. Okay, See, you know, defensively in the first staff, they were really good game one because they're insanely tough on defense, and then the defense even ratcheted up in the second half. Julius Randall disappeared and wasn't very aggressive, and then SGA got going and their offense got ticking. They ran Minnesota off the floor in game one. What are you expecting tonight? For game two.
Speaker 2: You know, the thing about you know, Oklahoma City is they've probably your best defense, one of the best defenses I've ever seen that is just turning you over and speeding you up. I mean they, you know, Golden State at its peak did that the teams. You know, for everything that people talked about Golden State offensively, you know, the thing I was most impressed with that dynasty was how good they were defensively. And you know the way that they the way that Oklahoma City steed you up, and you know, they battle you and they fight you, and they fight you, and they kick and they clawed and they spit and they do you know, just all kinds of things that throw you off kilter. You know, it's kind of amazing, uh that Denver actually took them to seven seven games. You know, the thing that Minnesota has to do, the thing that any team has to do against the thunder team, is they have to you have to make threes. You have to make a lot of them because they put five guys in the paint and they basically say, we're we're strong enough too to battle you and put five guys in the paint, but we're quick enough to recover and and contest and contest you from three point range.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: So the thing that the thing that Minnesota is gonna have to do if they want to win this series is they're gonna have to make three They're gonna have to make a lot of them. Then they're gonna have to keep getting stops. Desentially, they got stops in the first half, but they didn't get stopped in the second half, you know. So yeah, those are those are some of the things that that they do. I think it goes to nothing tonight and then we'll see, you know, if the Timerwolves are good enough to respond twice at Target Center in Minneapolis. I'll be covering those games for the Athletics, so you know, read my stories on them. But you know, right now, you've got to think that Oklahoma City has a pretty big advantage.
Speaker 1: All right, you reference your cover. You've been covering the Nuggets all year long, and they have made a decision. I don't know that it's that much of a surprise, but David Adelman will be the head coach. They're removing the interim tag. Josh Crocky announced that today. Your thoughts on what we heard out of Denver.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is I mean, you know, me and Sam Maine reported on Sunday that this was likely to happen. So God bless yous getting the clean up on that. But you know, we we had already kind of reported the bulk of that. You know, it's not surprising at all. Uh, he deserves it. I thought he coached the heck of a playoff, thee a hell of a playoff. I thought he out coached tylu uh in the first round. He you know, he's been terrific. And and here's the thing. I mean, the players wanted him. You know, Nicole Yokis wanted David Adaman, Aaron Gordon wanted David Adaman, Jamal Murray wanted David Adaman. And those are the three people who didn't want Michael Malone. So you know, uh, Josh Croncky was always going to listen to what the players wanted there. And you know, frankly, you know, David Adalman went out in the playoffs and and and uh and validated what the players wanted. Because, like I said, I thought he coached a heck of a playoff. And you know, I thought, I think that he completely deserves the job.
Speaker 1: All Right, Ton last thing before I said you loose. The combine is now in the rearview mirror. Sarah Todd, our mutual friend in front of the show as reporting the Jazz have interviewed the following for the fifth overall pick, as the deserec News plays a video as I pull up the website, Ace Bailey, Trey Johnson, VJ. Edgecombe, Jeremiah Fears, Conker Nipple, the Mallawatch Kid, Caspers, Jackaccionis, Derek Queen, and Jace Richardson, and obviously interviewed Cooper Flag and Dylan Harper. But they will not be on the board at five. As you've gone throughout your draft prep before I say you loose. As of today, who do you think is best case for the Jazz to walk away with at five in the draft?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean it's going to you know, I've been saying this on Twitter the whole time. You know, Ace Bailey, Trey Johnson, and VJ. Askermer in the same tier of player. All three of those guys are very good talents who all have star outcomes as they're sailing. So if so for the Jazz, it's going to be you know, who you bring in for a workout. How you like all three of those guys? Which of those guys you like the most? Is there a guy outside of those three that you like better than one of those three? You know? Do you fall in love with Derek Queen? Do you fall in love with Jeremiah Fears? Do you fall in love with Milo watch Uh? Do you fall in love with Ka Ka Neppul? You know, So those are the questions that the Jazz have to answer. One of those three in that tier are going to be available, so you know, can the Jazz live with one of those three? All three of those guys has very have different unique things that I really like about him, Like I love the jaskoms athleticism. I love the way he defends. I love the fact that he's six' four law instead of six to one in three quarters LIKE i thought he was going to measure at the. Combine AND i love that he has a six or seven wings. Fan so now we thought for the entire year They, yeah you, KNOW i LIKE dj has come a, lot but can he played the point guard spot because you know he's going to be undersized as a two. Guard, well now he's no longer undersized as a two. Guard, so you, KNOW i love. HIM i like him even more. NOW i Love Trey johnson's offensive skill set and, uh you, know the the things that he does, offensively he reminds me of a Young Devin, booker.
Speaker 8: You.
Speaker 2: Know but what does he do? Defensively what can he what can he do other than? Scoring scoring the? Basketball you. Know so in The Ash Bailey Ace bailey might have the highest ceiling out of anybody in this draft not Named Cooper. Flag he does not have a higher ceiling Than Cooper. Flag people people ask, that and people say that it's not. True but he might have the second highest ceiling in this.
Speaker 8: Draft you.
Speaker 2: Know he's a six foot nine shooting, guard small. Forward but he also might have the lowest floor out of anybody in this draft that has a star outcome as a. Ceiling you. Know so he might be a guy who could be An All. Star he might also be Cam, reddish you. Know so The jazz has to figure out which one is more likely to, be you, know by the time he's twenty five years. Old SO i think it is a fascinating spot for The jazz to be, in AND i think that they have a lot of work to do to you, know really break down those three candidates and, really you, know answer the question for themselves whether there's whether there's anybody outside of those three backing upset those three as a, prospect or whether they're gonna go with one of those.
Speaker 1: Three all, right, buddy, well thanks for the time. Today hang in there and keep hope. Alive that's my message to you on This. Thursday, okay no, Problem thank you so.
Speaker 2: Much.
Speaker 1: Man Tony jones covers The jazz and The nuggets and THE nba does some draft stuff for the Athletic get them On twitter at T jones on THE. Nba all, right before we catch a, break we welcome in our, Guy Jordan harris From Pure Life medical on A thursday. Afternoon, Jordan Happy. Thursday. Matter how you, doing, Hey.
Speaker 8: Spence i'm doing. Fantastic thank you so much for.
Speaker 1: Asking appreciate the. Time so you guys over A Pure Life, medical you provide many services for, people but a big one is stem stem cell. Therapy excuse, me, so how exactly does this?
Speaker 8: Work? Jordan, yeah that's. Correct stem cell therapy is amazing.
Speaker 2: Stuff.
Speaker 8: Right so stem cells home to areas of pain and inflammation in our. Body so if you have a bad, knee, shoulder, back whether it's a herniated, disc tater cup or, minisis.
Speaker 2: Whatever it might.
Speaker 8: Be stem cells are attracted to these areas of pain and can help reduce set information and just get us help feeling.
Speaker 1: Better how do you know if you need or if you could benefit from stem cell? Therapy you, know that's a great.
Speaker 8: Question if you're looking for a more holistic method of getting treated, right or if you've just got a knee or a back or shoulder that's not getting better, right or it's got, this, uh you, know small tear in your shoulder and you just don't want to go and have surgery. Right stem cells could be a pastic. Option they just they helped so well in our, bodies naturally responsible helping and.
Speaker 1: Recovery how can people go about getting a consultation with you guys over at Pure Life Medical.
Speaker 8: Jordan that's a great. Question we've got our website It's purelifecottonwood dot, com as well as our number three eight five three four two two five nine. Eight we're happy to take anybody's call AND i get them set up with that free stem cell. Consultation thank, you.
Speaker 1: Sir Happy, thursday have a Great weekend'll chat.
Speaker 2: Choo you as.
Speaker 8: Well thanks man to stick it all.
Speaker 1: Right we're live today and While Satch front which is seven to Seventy West Riverdale road In. Ogden so if you find yourself up, north come on buy and say. Hi it's the Thirteenth Danuel Memorial day weekend Tent. Sale i've been coming up here every year for. This they do a great. Job so if you've been in the market for a new. Vehicle the nice thing about this tent sale it's the best best sale they have all, year so you get the best deals on all their, vehicles priced to. Move and there's something for, mom there's something for, dad there's something for the, children something for the entire, family a little bit of. Everything up here At Wassatch Front kia at seven to Seventy West Riverdale road In. Ogden Thirteenth Danuel Memorial Day weekend Tent. Sale we are giving away a Lone mountain one ten qt cooler From Pittmaster Supply. Company it is, red white and, blue so you can celebrate being An american and drink some cold. Beer so why not come on buy and say. Hi seven to Seventy West Riverdale. Road all you have to do is enter to, win and we'll draw a name at about five o'clock tonight and we'll give it away before we get out of here and say good night at six at seven to Seventy West Riverdale road In, Ogden lost at frontkea thirteenth Annual Memorial day weekend tent, Sales so come on buy and say. Hi all. Right the segment today brought to you by if A ifa has everything you need for your. Yard stop by one of our stores today or visit us online AT ifa dot co op IF a helping to grow the things you. Love we're gonna catch up With Kurt schmidt TODAY Rsl Technical DIRECTOR. Rsl we'll take On vancouver coming up this, weekend best team In Major League, soccer a two hundred and fifty ish minutes goalless. Streak RSL's not scored a goal in quite some. Time And i'm no soccer, expert but if you don't score, goals my guess is you're not going to win. Games so we'll see What kurt has to. Say some exciting news continues to pour in for One. Diego Luna diego has been called up for THE us men's national team camp for The Gold cup as as A Mecca. Annelly SO rsl will be without a couple of their better, players which of course is never a good thing when it comes to the lack of, results frontward trajectory and simply goal scoring as it pertains to the soccer. Club Matt brown will join us. Today Matt brown writes the college football news Letter Extra. Points he's one of our favorites to talk college football. With there's actually a, random surprising amount of college football news this, week and one that kind of broke a little bit. Earlier according TO i Saw Heather dinnich report this so the twelve team college football playoff is going to move to a straight seeding model this. Fall so essentially it means exactly what it sounds. Like some of the college football storylines lately have been convoluted and difficult to. Understand but the best teams just get the best. Seats it no longer matters if you win your. Conference now good news, is if you win your, conference you still get a nice little. Payout the economic ramifications do not change, there so you will be able to get the money if you win your. Conference and of course that's a good. Thing but as it pertains to the, seating it will be a street seeding. Model so the best teams get the best. Seats it's what they do in THE ncaa. Tournament there's no reason why college football should not be doing. This so the TEN fbs commissioners And Notre Dame Athletic Director Pete, VLAKUA i think that's how you say. That they constitute the cfp's Management. Committee they reach this unanimous decision on a call earlier, Today so essentially it is a no. Brainer i'm not sure why they didn't do this at the. Start we're not really sure what the twenty twenty SIX cfp format will look. Like, yeah they're talking about expanding to a sixteen team format with four automatic qualifiers out of The big ten and THE, sec two automatic qualifiers out of The big, twelve and THE acc ONE aq out of what's now The group of six shout out the NEW pac, twelve and then three at large. Berths, so just to make this, simple if the straight seeding format would have been in play last, year your college football playoff scenario would.
Speaker 2: Have looked like.
Speaker 1: This the top four seeds would have Been, OREGON ott ONE i believe It's Penn state, two Now georgia, Too So oregon out, One georgia at, Two texas at, Three Penn stated at. Four so those four teams would have received first round buys being the top four seeds because they were the top four teams in the country last. Year first round games would have looked like. This clemson would have been your twelve. Seed they would have Played Notre dame the five. Seed Boise state would have been the nine. Seed they would have Played indiana in round one is the eighth. Seed Arizona, state who had a top four seed as a result of winning The Big, twelve would have been your eleven seed and the Only big twelve rep. There Ohio state would have been the sixth. Seed of, Course Ohio state went on to win the thing and then smu your ten, Seed tennessee your seven, Seed So. Oregon of course they kind of got the short end of the draw as a result of having him play The, buckeyes but they would have played the winner Of Boise State. Indiana Penn state would have played the winner Of Clemson Notre, Dame texas would have got the winner Of Arizona, State Ohio, state and Then georgia the winner Of TENNESSEE. Smu so that kind of came down a little bit earlier today as THE cfp will move to a straight seeding model and then we kind of wait to see what they're going to do in twenty twenty. Six so the group agreed to maintain the eight million dollar financial commitment to the four highest ranked conference, champions four million dollars for reaching the playoffs and four million dollars for reaching the. Quarterfinals and this is a no. BRAINER i, mean there really isn't a lot to talk about when it comes to this. Topically it's just a situation that should have been put in a place when they decided to go with the. Thing so some college football, news we'll get To Matt brown on the latest with The house FIRST ncaa. Situation there have been some state laws passed. Already as a state legislators trying to get in front of this, thing which is wild to put legislation into place that would not hold their schools to whatever stipulations are put into place by The house VERST. Ncublea you can essentially circumvent. It when it comes to these states that have passed these laws kind of under the radar a little. Bit and so while we all have been waiting for The house FIRST ncaa, settlement state lawmakers and legislators have gone really about their business in a very quiet manner to pass some of these laws state by. STATE i Think tennessee has done. IT i Think New jersey has done, it and we'll see how many other states do. It in the landscape of college, Football Bill conley released en up to date sp plus ranking for EVERY fbs. Team bill does a really good job as we are one hundred days away From utah football AND byu, football we are ninety three days away from week zero when it comes to the week zero. Slates so THE s AND p projections just quick, reminder preseason, projections according to THE s AND p are based off of the following. Factors number, one returning. Production, obviously returning production based on rosters that we have up to date as of. Now of, course all this could change prior to the. Fall its combination of last year's sp plus ratings and an adjustment based off of returning production makes up about two thirds of What bill. DOES a recent recruiting which has been different as of, late and a lot of changes in that, direction it's of course incoming recruits out of the world of high school. Football then transfer portal, additions transfer portal additions that have already been put into place of there's obviously no way of anticipating who will play for these teams and what it's going to look like moving. Forward and then the third piece of, criteria which is always kind of, Interesting bill uses what he calls recent. History it's a bit of information from the previous four seasons to give you kind of an indicator of overall health of the. Program that seems to be a little bit, arbitrary But bill does a good. Job so the up to DATE s AND p rankings as of now in the world of college football as we sit here in Late may preparing to turn our calendars To june not too long from. Now the top five go like, This Ohio state is, One alabama To Penn state, Three georgia, Four texas is. Five oregon comes in at. Seven when it comes to teams out of The Big, twelve the highest ranked team according To bill Is Kansas. State Kansas state comes in at eighteen out of The big. Twelve that is the highest Ranked Big twelve. Program and Then Arizona state's at twenty. Two Texas, tech who a lot of people are kind of already pinpointing as a sneaky pick with a great, offseason driven quite frankly by a number of economic investments from their alumni. Base texas comes, In Texas tech comes into twenty, SIX byu comes into twenty, SEVEN tcu at twenty, nine and Then utah at thirty, one a head Of Iowa state and just BEHIND. Usc so up to DATE smp projections From Bill. Conley of, course this could change come fall with the ability to add to your roster via the transfer, portal and obviously things could, change and things will change all. Right, yesterday right before we cracked the mic to come on, air The Salt Lake tribune reported THAT byu Quarterback Jake retzloth is being sued for alleged rape and. Strangulation SO espn has some more. Details so it is a civil suit as we reference, yesterday he has not been charged with a. Crime MARK i believe it's. Boute his attorney released a, statement THEN byu released a statement of their. Own no new news, today But kyle bonnagera front of the, show has some pieces of information that weren't necessarily included in the initial report from the. Trib so let's go over a couple of, these and of course we will follow this story and bring you any information that we. HAVE i referenced this. Earlier, Man stuff like this is a mirror when it comes to the reaction of. People this is a situation like this allows you a chance to tell on. Yourself and the internet reaction and the social media reaction from BOTH byu And utah fans That i've seen a lot, of it's a lot Of it's been, really, really really. DISAPPOINTING i, mean that's why anonymity is granted to these alleged. Victims AND i have to say alleged because it's a civil. Suit he's not been charged with a. Crime because there are already people accusing her of, lying accusing her of a money, grab accusing her of being A utah, fan of accusing her of living In Salt. Lakes so she wants to END byu football like it's so gross and honestly a little. Weird, Okay So kyle released his. Piece this was actually we sign we signed off. FAIR i saw this. Morning utah woman has alleged THAT byu Quarterback Jake reetzlof, raped strangled and bit, her and that she was encouraged By provo police not to do anything after reporting. It according to a lawsuit Filed wednesday in U Uitas State, court we talked a little bit about this. Yesterday she's identified in the lawsuit As jane Doe. Ag alleges the assault took place At jake Rhetz laugh's home In november of twenty twenty. Three and here are a couple of pieces from the vonneger a piece AT espn dot. Com if you guys want to go check it, out it's in our college football. Section. Quote a year and a half after the rape and, Strangulation jane Doe ag continues to experience extreme post traumatic stress disorder and other trauma symptoms as she works to process what happened and moved. On so, AGAIN i believe It's Mark. BOUTY i think that's how you say his. Name in his, statement he claimed That jake is quote factually. Innocent. Quote we look forward to proving that. Innocence jake's focus this year will be on. Football we don't try cases in the. Media we will respect the process and Establish jake's innocence through the judicial. System b why you released a statement of her own said it became aware of the lawsuit Involving rahetsoff On. Wednesday. Quote the university takes any allegation very, seriously following all processes guidelines mandated By title. Nine due to federal and university privacy laws and practices for, students the university will not be able to provide additional. Comment The provo police themselves released the statement last. Night sanda received a call from a woman On november twenty, seven twenty twenty, three and she gave a similar account to what is alleged in the. Lawsuit quote. Quote because the civil suit does not identify the, victim we cannot be certain our police report is the same incident referenced by the, plaintiff but it does seem likely given the information we. Have police went on to say that the woman who called the department was quote given several opportunities to identify her, abuser but declined, to and as a, result the case was. Closed evidence collected that the department said was examined and led to quote no actionable investigative. Leads the woman also did not respond to police when it attempted to follow up with her or to offer any subsequent. Services so this is all information that some of it came out yesterday and then some new pieces of information come out after kind of some of the reporters have been able to review the details of the civil. Suit quote the civil. Suit the civil suit states That provo this is a continuation of the statement from the police. Department quote the civil suit states That provo police personnel discouraged the victim from proceeding by telling her there's no justice for victim of sexual. Abuse quote from everything we have, reviewed that is not. True we have a team of dedicated investigat investigators and victim advocates whose sole mission is to provide justice to victims of sexual. Abuse they do not send people away warning them there's no justice for. Victims so of course The provo police come out with a statement because initially this looked like a really horrible look for. Them so the lawsuit says that the woman In jake connected through social media At october of twenty twenty three and exchange messages for a few weeks before he invited her to his home on or Around november twenty. Second it was this young lady and her. Friend they went To jake's home that night and then and teammates Of jake were also, Present which is an interesting angle here Because i'm sure a lot of people are going to be subpoenaed and interviewed during the. Process later that, evening the woman's friend left and then she stayed to hang out With. Jake they started watching a, movie according to the, lawsuit and at some point they began to, kiss But Jane doag did not want to do anything. More jake began escalating the. Situation according to the, Lawsuit Jane doag tried to de escalate the situation and attempted to slow things, down try to pull away and saying. Wait she did not want to do this with, him and the lawsuit says that the woman Told jake, no, wait, stop but he continued to force himself on, her and after she tried to get up out of. Bed according to the, lawsuit in very graphic, Detail retz left put his hand around her neck and proceeded to rape. Her quote it hurt so bad and caused so much pain That Jane doag passed, out the lawsuit. States jane Doe ag Remembers Jane Jane doe ag Remembers i'm Not. Jane's Jane do remembers tears rolling down her face as she fought to. Breathe a few days, later she visited the, hospital a rape kit was performed and pictures of her injuries were. Taken the lawsuit says she was connected With provo, police but not did initially Share jake's. Name, finally at some point after speaking to, police an officer reached out to her asking for the. Name and this is also somewhat disturbing because someone else filed a complaint against a football player and police wanted to see if it was the same. Person and at that point she Shared jake's, name and The provo police then encouraged her not to do anything, because as they, claim, quote sexual assault victims never get. Justice this is all according to the. Filing so if anything comes, down we will bring it to. You but obviously a very disturbing. Situation very, few very little this actually has to do with. Football but Obviously jakes is starting quarterback FOR, Byu so it's in the, news all, Right we'll switch gears coming up in a. Bit we are live today at seven Seventy West Riverdale road In. Ogden it's their thirteenth Annual Memorial day weekend tents, sale and my Guy arby stops by once. Again what's, Up harvey?
Speaker 6: Thirteenth?
Speaker 1: Annuel, Huh, well that's what the copy. Says is it longer than you're for eight of? Them? So, okay, YEAH i feel Like i've been coming out here for longer than thirteen. Years to be honest with, you it's been a.
Speaker 6: Minute i'm.
Speaker 1: Sure did you guys use that At july fourth? Sale or maybe you still?
Speaker 2: Do we?
Speaker 1: Do, okay Maybe i've been coming out for that as.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 1: Yep, anyway AS i always reference when you hop, on one of the things that impresses me WHEN i drive in the. Lot something for, mom something for, dad something for the. Kids you got something for the entire.
Speaker 9: Family.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah we're actually celebrating sixty years this, year and part of why we're able to get to such a big number is because we're here to take.
Speaker 4: Care of the.
Speaker 6: Community people roll in here and they, say, hey this is my. SITUATION i need.
Speaker 7: Help we're able to find something for, them give them an, option just help anybody find exactly what they're.
Speaker 1: After So i've noticed recently That kia seems to have like up their.
Speaker 6: Game we have definitely upped our, games you, know like just for.
Speaker 1: INSTANCE i, Mean i'm not saying that Old kias weren't, great but there's like, more there's more of like a luxurious feel with some of the newer. Models is that?
Speaker 2: Fair?
Speaker 6: Yeah we hired a guy FROM bmw two thousand and.
Speaker 7: Nine he came over and kind of lit a fire up under, us and it's been blast off from.
Speaker 1: There but it doesn't mean you're paying LIKE bmw. Prices the vehicles are still, priced.
Speaker 7: Still, affordable still got those ten, year one hundred thousand mile, warranties and cheaper than most other brands out.
Speaker 1: There, Okay i'm Gonna i'm gonna throw a little sum at. You let's do. This what do you have for? Dad?
Speaker 7: DAD i got, trucks, MAN i got fast, cars.
Speaker 6: Commuters dad's hard.
Speaker 1: Working, okay what about? Mom who's got? Kids what about the suv?
Speaker 7: Side, oh we've got tailor, Rides i've got, Tahoes i've got. SIENNAS i was naming off all of our third row vehicles the other, day AND i think we have one of.
Speaker 1: Everything it's the tell your rides that have caught my eye. Lately yet those things are Sick.
Speaker 6: World car The Year winner three times in a.
Speaker 1: Row oh, yeah, okay very. Nice we've got.
Speaker 6: Rebates on those things for the first time in.
Speaker 1: History for the first time in. History, yep very.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 1: Okay what about mom and dad who've got a fifteen and a half year old that's about to turn sixteen AND i had to learn a hard lesson with my. Son they're gonna crash, It they're gonna bump, it, right so we need something. Practical what about for the? Teenage you got some.
Speaker 6: Older, stuff some cheaper.
Speaker 7: Stuff if you just want to come in and pick, cash we're here to help.
Speaker 4: With all of.
Speaker 8: It.
Speaker 1: Okay, finally for people that maybe are stuck at, work need some more, information let's talk about touch, points websites and.
Speaker 6: Such, yep they can hit us up kiyakiyakia dot. Com we have a pretty cool.
Speaker 7: Website you can actually create an, account you can create a shopping, list you can do, comparisons you can sign up if you're looking for a particular.
Speaker 6: Car so it's pretty.
Speaker 1: NEAT, rbi you're the man with chat. Again, okay come on bye and say. Hi seven to Seventy West Riverdale road In. Augden thirteenth Annual Memorial Day. Tentsale Memorial day weekend tensalees since it's the, weekend coming up in a, bit great, deals cool. Prizes we are giving away a brand New Loan mountain one ten qt cooler From Pitmaster Supply. Company AND i can see it to my. Left it is, red white and, blue so you can Celebrate america as you should this time of. Year seven to Seventy West Riverdale road At. Ogden come on, by enter to win and we will draw a name coming up at about five o'clock tonight before we get out of here at. Six so, again WASSATCH frontkea seven Seventy West Riverdale road In. Ogden it's their thirteenth Annual Memorial day weekend tent sale with some great deals and some cool. Prizes because so come on by and say what's. Up we'd love to meet, you shake your. Hand we HAVE espn seven hundred tote bags to tote bags, too so whatever you, need we got. You at seven to Seventy West Riverdale road In. Augten all, right we'll catch quick. Break we're gonna bring In Kurt schmidt coming up next TO Rsl Technical. Director some exciting news About Diego luna and A Mecca. Anelli when will we see a? Goal and what do we think About vancouver rolling in this? Weekend So kurt will join? Us all, right we live today seven to Seventy West Riverdale road In augden thirteenth Annual Memorial day weekend tent. Sale come on by and say. Hello we are giving away a really nice, cooler a Lone mountain one ten qt cooler From Pittmasters Supply company in a draw name coming up at five. O'clock we'll get back to some college football storylines With Matt, brown do SOME nba in the five o'clock. Hour but let's switch gears. Now rayle Saw lake welcomes. In one of the best teams In Major League. Soccer vancouver is the opponent coming up On. Saturday our next guest Chief Soccer, Operator technical. Director he has several different, Titles Kurt, schmid what is your preferred? TITLE i Guess i'll just ask, you SINCE i feel Like i've got seven different, answers you.
Speaker 4: Can you can just call him a sporting. Director that's the.
Speaker 1: Title sporting, Director, Okay sporting. Director Kurt schmidt on A thursday. Afternoon All, right some exciting news For. DIEGO i mean it means you guys are probably gonna miss him for a, While But Diego luna called up to THE us men's national team roster for The Gold. Cup, kurt what does this mean For diego and what does it mean for the.
Speaker 4: Club it's obviously a, huge huge oppertunity For, diego and we're very excited for. Him he's earned his work and his, play and to to have the level with both the national team and WITH us to catch the attention of the national coaching staff is massive for. Him and you, know he knows every every chance he gets to impress is an important opportunity to grab and hold on. To so we're really excited for him. Here he's earned, it he deserves, it and we hope he does really.
Speaker 1: Well so from WHAT i, understand players Report june, first do you have, well you probably know how long are you going to be Without?
Speaker 4: Diego basically the entire month Of june and the first few days Of.
Speaker 1: July, okay so you're.
Speaker 4: Losing it's a, tournament so of course it depends on on the US's. Advancement but that's the end of the tournament for.
Speaker 1: Sure so The Gold cup, typically and you'll have to educate me here just based off of my. Recollection LIKE i can remember Before kyle Or nick and EVEN i Think tony had A Gold cup. Experience before you, Know kyle And nick became consistent with THE us men's national team, involvement The Gold cup was kind of their first. Experience is it fair to say that this is just kind of more of an opportunity maybe for the staff with THE us men's national team to get a look at some players that they wouldn't otherwise get a look. At is that kind of fair to? Say?
Speaker 2: YEAH i.
Speaker 4: THINK i mean it's what a probos up to them to use it how they. Fit but it is a really competitive environment in which they can test some guys who they haven't seen maybe at the highest level and their most important games at this. Stage so, yeah it's it is a little, bit you, KNOW i think experiment is maybe the wrong, word which is the word that almost almost was in my, head but it's something where they can let guys prove themselves.
Speaker 1: Essentially, So, kurt is it fair to say that you listen to this radio show for four hours every day and you never miss a? Moment is that fair to?
Speaker 4: Say are we being honest?
Speaker 5: Here or.
Speaker 2: Or it would be?
Speaker 1: Nice i'm only asking. Asked did you have a chance to listen to your head coach on this radio show this?
Speaker 2: Week? YEAH i.
Speaker 4: DIDN'T i didn't listen to it, live BUT i.
Speaker 2: WAS i.
Speaker 4: WAS i was sent it.
Speaker 1: Later, Correct, okay fair. Enough So i'm glad that somebody's sent it to. You AND i guess it's it's my Little, birdie my little, buddy my Little. Birdie i'm glad that it was sent to.
Speaker 2: You you know? It, yeah you? Know fair?
Speaker 1: Enough fair, enough BECAUSE i did want to get. So pablo caught me entirely off guard with, this and my guess is you're aware of, it BECAUSE i, mean, hell you run the. Show but he hopped on and said that as a result of this new ownership, change he's been told that they're not really interested in moving on from younger, players and they're not interested in selling players that you guys have identified and. Developed now does that mean you'll never do? It of course. Not if somebody wants to write you a five hundred million dollar check For, diego my guess is you're going to take that but can you shed any light on What pablo articulated as a bit of an ethos change for the club now that they're new ownership in.
Speaker 8: Charge, YEAH i.
Speaker 4: Think, look every conversation That i've had with WITH uh with new ownership has been really positive and and they've been fantastic to work, with to talk, to spend time. With and WHAT i think is fair to say is they're they're interested in making decisions that that help us. Win and and that's something that, obviously you, know myself And pablo and everyone else in the front office is really excited to hear and we couldn't ask for anything. More so that, obviously you, know along with, that there's no. Absolutes you know that we're not gonna say we'll never do, This we're always going to do, that et, cetera et. Cetera you, know every situation presents a different set of, variables but the end result and the prison through which we need to look through those decisions is going to be does this does this help us? Win does this help us be successful on and off the?
Speaker 2: Field is?
Speaker 4: It does this help us become a team and a club that the community can be proud?
Speaker 1: Of so how do you balance, That? Kurt and of course it's going to be a case by case AND i was being facetious with a five hundred million dollar number For, Diego but there there is still a, number you, know there there's a number that exists for young players that make sense for the. Organization even if the ethos is no longer we identified develop and move. On so when it comes to your, role and then obviously you Have, jason and you Have, tony and you have your staff and the synergies with, ownership what are the dynamics that you balance when making these decisions even if the walking line now is we would prefer to hang on to our better.
Speaker 4: Players analysis in terms of you, know when when an offers do Come, LOOK i think in AN, mls you, know and obviously this happened last year With andreas Koma IS i think when when when some comes in and offers a significant enough value for or some of your better, players you, know it does become difficult to turn those things. Down it maybe becomes more a question of when and not if in those, scenarios because it's because if you're if you get an offer that represents something that you feel is you, know exceeds the player's current, value that you might not you, know if if IF i wouldn't sell him for ten, million well Then i'm essentially making this in That i'm buying.
Speaker 2: Him for ten.
Speaker 4: Million and so if if that's not something we're comfortable, with then we feel we can deploy those resources across two, players or we can you, know spend those resources in other parts of the. Roster then, yeah we still make those. Decisions but LIKE i, SAID i think in the future those decision points maybe if they could be they could be a when and not an. If and AND i think if we receive offers for guys that you, know we don't feel value the player appropriately and and don't really let us both replace the player and end up ahead in some, way those things don't make sense for.
Speaker 1: Us so as it pertains to the way this could potentially relate To, diego, obviously his star has just shot through the roof over the past counter, year and he's still so, young with so much. POTENTIAL i wonder if you could shed any light to the fan base and folks that are just badly hoping and he stays here for as long as possible about what this potential shift in mindset could mean for the decisions that you have to make for.
Speaker 4: Him, YEAH i think if you're someone that does want him to stay here as long as, possible his success with the national team is phenomenal because of the proximity to The World cup and the chances that he's getting right now with the national team while playing FOR. Us you, know If I'm, Diego i'm thinking how CAN i keep doing? This not how CAN i change? Everything because obviously what's what he's done up to this point has gotten him into this, opportunity and as you're heading into an important tournament or important series of national team, games you, know him playing as much as possible at a high level responsible is the best thing for, him Right and one thing THAT i think he's got going for, him even relative over and above what some of the other other players in the pool might, have is is the level of responsibility he has within our. Team AND i think that's that's a little bit of a unique thing for maybe this national team pool That diego HAS i think in his. Favor so the level responsibility that he has within our club and our team is maybe a bit higher than than some other guys that might be at bigger clubs that might have a really different, role and how that changes when you go to the national team and what you're asking of those players in that, environment you, know are they ready to give? That, Well diego is someone that's shown that you can rely upon, him he can take that, responsibility and SO i think him continuing to do that is obviously going to put him in the best position to succeed with us in the national.
Speaker 1: Fame and when it comes to the decision as far as you, know either sending him on his way or keeping him, HERE i don't. Know i'm not in the. MEETINGS i mean you're behind closed, doors like with the new ownership transition and this supposed new. Mindset do you guys like identify a number that if a club calls and, Says, okay this is what we're willing to, do and that number is. Hit it's that? Simple is it a synergistic conversation with his? Reps obviously if he wants to, go and you guys have shown this with other, players if you do not want to be, here then you, know best of luck. Elsewhere but when it comes to the dynamics intertwined in a very very big decision for the club In Diego. Luna what would you say to that based off of conversations you've had with the ownership.
Speaker 4: Group, Yeah, look each situation requires something a little bit, different you, Know AND i know there are some scenarios in which you, know just just name me a number and, say, hey look we, will we'll work with you and if we get, actual let you. Go But i'm whether you believe this or, Not i'm maybe a very collaborative. Person and SO i find working, working as you, said, synergistically WHICH i hope is a word with the agent and the. Player. Uh and ownership obviously is the best way to go about, it and to find a pathway that is a win win, Win.
Speaker 1: Kurt when you do radio four hours a, day five days a, week you invent words and you don't even think twice about, it. Buddy so if it's a, word, Great if it's, NOT i feel like it. Works and what do you need?
Speaker 4: This so that's going to mean.
Speaker 1: Something and by the, way what do you, mean believe it or? Not that was like a personal. SHOT i believe. YOU i believe you to be a.
Speaker 4: Collaborator i've had a lot of meetings the last few. Days but so, yeah but, No i'm a. COLLABORATOR I i lean on my staff here a, Lot Tony. Jason you mentioned you, Know John, Spencer Lou maulhall And joe Time. This so these guys are are massive helps for me and in the day to day and the things THAT i do obviously over over and above you, Know poplo and the coaching staff and and everyone in the sports. Staff so, yes very very collaborative.
Speaker 1: Here do you lean On tray for anything that's?
Speaker 2: Real?
Speaker 4: Uh sometimes, physically but but, no, no just.
Speaker 1: Picture tray is.
Speaker 4: Great Trade tray is, great and and him coordinating with with you guys and and being, Uh tray is, uh you, know a, strong strong advocate both for the club and it's players and. Employees AND i appreciate him for.
Speaker 1: That that's, enough good good talk Of. Trey that's we've made his. Weekend that's. Enough do you feel like you need to lean on me for anything more during your decision making? Processes you know?
Speaker 4: WHAT i will give that some serious thought and uh and and come back to.
Speaker 1: You, okay fair, enough all, Right So diego will be gone for a month plus and as you, reference if THE us advances and does, well in the tournament could be. MORE i don't have to tell you When diego doesn't, score the goals are hard to come. By so how are we going to turn this? Around? BUDDY i, mean, Ultimately pablo also reference, like, look the group is the. Group he was very honest about his opinion that you guys are a couple of editions away from being. Elite but of course those additions can't come for a while until the summer transfer windows. Open AND i believe we're approaching two hundred and fifty minutes without a, goal so what. Gives obviously the offense is not where it needs to.
Speaker 4: Be, YEAH i think that's fair to. Say i'm not gonna sit here and deny that and when it's in black and, White but WHAT i can say, is you, know In pablo is at this a, time so this isn't you, know breaking your. Ground but OBVIOUSLY i, think you, know in a lot of these, GAMES i think we do really well from box, Box we do really well in the builds days and getting into the final, third and where we struggle is in that execution and those decision making you, know in and around the goal and obviously actually important part when you're talking about scoring, goals and that's the thing we need to work. On so at the same time as it's disappointing that we're not finishing those chances in the final, third you, know it's important that we remain positive about the play up until that. Point and WHAT i think helps us realize or get to, is you, know, hey, look this isn't this isn't the you, know a massive shifts that needs to happen to change, everything to throw the baby out with the bath.
Speaker 8: Water there are a lot.
Speaker 4: Of positive things, happening and so now how do we get that last five or ten? Percent and that's you, know that's what that's that's Why pablo is where he's, at because because his job is to work with those guys and to get that out of. Him and you, know whether it's a few new signings or these guys or whoever it, is you, Know pablo's job is always to get you, know, five, ten fifteen percent more out of out of the players than maybe even they think they. Have AND i THINK i think he can do, that AND i think it's just about polishing up from on a team team wise, standpoint our execution in the final. Third so you, know that's obviously what the staff is working, on and you, know hopefully we see the fruits of that.
Speaker 1: Labor excuse, Me, so from WHAT i have in front of, me a secondary transfer window opens On july twenty fourth and closes On august twenty excuse, Me august twenty. Fifth so with those, dates when you look at the, potential let's just operate off a really fun hypothetical. Curtain put zero pressure on you and your. Staff if you sign somebody On july twenty, fourth the first day, possible that gives you thirteen matches and ten league matches. Left now that's not. Nothing it's not the entire, season but it's also not. Nothing help our, listeners and quite frankly me understand the processes put in place between now And july twenty fourth to potentially bring in the reinforcements that a lot of people thought we're going to bring in during the primary transfer. Window to do that in the secondary transfer, window is it even realistic to expect that maybe the day that it opens we could have some reinforcements on the.
Speaker 2: Way, YEAH i.
Speaker 4: THINK i think, that you, know one of the most important things THAT i THAT i think is maybe missing from that thought process or or line of reasoning is is that you, know we can't be consistently thinking in short, term you, know with short term, mindset and so you, know we can't we can't see the results right, now and you, know make a rapal.
Speaker 8: Decision let's just do this This.
Speaker 4: Hopefully this will help us In august And september and you, know and then we'll deal with the rest of it. LATER i think it's important that we continue to make good long term decisions and not and not be focused on the short. Term but that being, said obviously that doesn't mean we're not looking to add a piece in. Summer we. Are it is, realistic and we want to make sure that we find the right guy that can fit in and that is here for not six months or eighteen, months but many, years right and is a difference maker for us for many, years because you, know, HEY i don't you, KNOW i don't need to go looking for a difference maker every. Window that'd be a great. Thing but but, again beyond, that it's the, process which is what you asked, about and you know, it and it's a little bit of just a continuation of what we did in the. Winter you know which which obviously we weren't able to get towed in over the line in. Time but now as you get into the summer window In europe and we're able to you, know get out a little bit more scouting over the past few weeks and see see more guys live and we broaden our our net and and see more. Players and summer window In europe means there's more guys that are, available whether that's free transfers or guys that are just on the move in the in The european, offseason and so the pool of players that we're looking at is a lot. Bigger so you, KNOW i think the the odds of or the chances or the ease of which doing a deal becomes a lot.
Speaker 1: Better you, know once upon a, Time, kurt IN, mls you could piece together a team with you, know teams or players that weren't necessarily among the highest paid IN. Mls and you, know before we had this massive economic boom of owners being willing to write checks for millions of dollars sometimes for bid. Pieces you can win A cup in two thousand and nine with a roster that wasn't necessarily among the highest. Paid of, course that's, changed and that's. Good it indicates, growth it indicates economic and. Investment and, NOW i just don't think there's any other way to put it other than if you're going to be one of the best teams IN, mls you have to have an ownership group that is willing to economically invest in the. Roster i'll just ask, you have you received assurances from this ownership group that they're willing to write checks for good players to help this team grow in the?
Speaker 4: Direction, Yeah and, look obviously that's that's a really important. Question and you, Know i'll, say nobody comes to you and, says here's a blank, check do whatever you want with, it, Right but LIKE i said, earlier you know they've they've come to being really positive meetings and conversations about, this and they, said, look you, know find the right guy that can help the team, win and that can create a team that can be a difference maker on the team and help us be a club you know that represents the. Community, well and we'll we'll we'll get that. Done so you, know what DO i take that to. Mean you, know, again it's not a it's not a blank. Check and you know you mentioned how things used to be AN. MLS i think you, know the rules IN MLS uh still necessitate efficiency and you've got to be efficient with your roster build and your roster spend or you won't be successful even if you are spending millions at the top, end you, know and you can look at some teams in the league now that are that are exhibiting that when you look at you, know teams Like atlanta And toronto who have spent a lot of money sort of at the top end of their, roster but you, know aren't achieving the results that they'd.
Speaker 1: Like with that spend as.
Speaker 8: Well so efficiency is.
Speaker 4: Important you mentioned Even vancouver at the, top our next. Opponent you, know they're not a team that's spending, ten fifteen to twenty million on transfer fees and salaries for players and are doing quite. Well so so you, know my, Goal my job is obviously to be as efficient as, possible not just you, know spend as much money AS i can possibly spend to see if you, know we can WIN Ms. Cup it's how do we build the right team and put the right pieces together so that we can be efficient.
Speaker 8: And compete year and year.
Speaker 4: Out and again you Quoted. PABLO i don't think we're eleven players away from, that, RIGHT i think we're one or two difference makers away from from being back where we were pretty successful last.
Speaker 2: YEAR i Know.
Speaker 1: Diogo picked up a. Knock how healthy are you guys leading into the match coming up On saturday against a very Good vancouver.
Speaker 8: Side, yeah that's, uh that's still.
Speaker 4: There but as far as the rest of the injury, REPORT i think guys are slowly starting to come off of, It guys Like kobe And Brian. Barra you, Know Phil quinton's been in the twenty as. Well like those guys are starting to come back in you, know which is really. Good but, Yes diego's still that is.
Speaker 1: Knocked so these day to day more or, less can you guarantee multiple goals On saturday?
Speaker 4: Night? OH i can guarantee. Nothing but BUT i think but What i've seen in, training What i've seen in training is is really positive and really. Encouraging and you, KNOW i THINK i think, again even in games when we haven't, SCORED i think we've been we've been, Created we've we've had some good. Chances sometimes it always doesn't always redown to things like like goals, obviously which is, important or EVEN xg because you've got to take a shot to end up with with SOME xg and sometimes we we don't end up getting quite there. Either But i'm actually very encouraged with What i've seen in training this last. Week and you, know the team that we're gonna put on the, FIELD i think is going to be exciting and you, know exciting an, attack but hopefully you have the same solidity in the back and able to keep the team to a minimum.
Speaker 1: Chances all, right BEFORE i say you lose one more, Thing Apparently gozo graduated high school, today which is kind of mind. BLOWING i don't need to ask you about his, diploma BUT i feel like you got some with this, Kid. Kurt there's something. There and, Look i'm no, Expert i'm no, scout SO i will leave the particulars to. You but what sort of potential do you think this kid has when it's fully, baked when it's fully? Formed what do you think this looks like with this young?
Speaker 4: Man, YEAH i mean another good. Question, LOOK i think you can find talent all over the, place and there's obviously a lot different. Skills there's speed one to, one ability of technical, ability you know you can you, know heading into whatever it is one one Defending guys can have different, skills that's different. Talents you need one you know what we call either an a weak talent or a superpower or something like, that something that can carry you and make you stand out even at the highest. Level, still you, know with someone Like, GOZO i, think you, know and this is this is maybe why he progressed, quickly but it's it's is obviously his speed and his work rate is something that even at THE mls level right helps him stand out even when some other things maybe aren't quite as polished as you want them to. Be he's still bringing the pace and the energy and the work. Rate and that's that's adding value and creating a lot of. Positivity the one thing THAT i think gets overlooked as a, talent AND i think That i've always valued and and find and the guys that really are successful at younger ages and are successful for a long, time they have this which you know sounds maybe a little, basic but it's. Adaptability and you, Know, Gozo i've Seen gozos you, know grow up here, essentially which is, crazy but you, know he came in with THE u fifteens and was one of the top, players and it was kind of, like all, right, well let's see how he does when he gets to the next age group and he's playing a year up and he does that and he adapts really quickly and he's one of the better players. There it's, like all, right, well then let's see how he doesn't monarchs and the he does, that and it's, like now it's the first. Team so his ability to adapt quickly at every level is something that's you, know for, me is one of the special things about those. Though and and you, know adaptability is maybe another way of saying something that but, AGAIN i Think pavlo says a, lot which, is you, know someone's learning or someone's ability to learn to receive information and incorporate into their. Game you, know if you can't do, that you can't adapt. Quickly so his ability to do that is obviously very. Good and so for, me, Yeah I'm i'm really encouraged by by that trait that he. Has AND i think when players have, that you can't really you, know you shouldn't put a ceiling on them because that they can keep going and you, know you're just gonna look. Dumb if you cap it too, early because because they're going to surprise you and so those as a great, Kid SO i couldn't be happy for him as a, person but he's a good player with a bright future ahead of.
Speaker 1: Him, kurt thank, you my. Friend you approached this conversation very, synergistically SO i appreciate the. Time have a great weekend and best of Luck. Saturday, okay thank, you Sir Kurt, SCHMIDT Rsl Technical, Director Sporting, Director chief Soccer. Officer what have?
Speaker 4: You all?
Speaker 1: Right live today At Wassatch, frontkia seven Seventy West Riverdale road In. Ogden Thirteenth Danuel Memorial Day Weekend. Tentsale all, Right live, today seven Seventy West Riverdale road In. Ogden we are out and about for the Thirteenth Danuel Memorial Day weekend tent sale with our friends At Wassatch. Frontkia we are giving away a great Lone mountain one ten qt cooler From Pittmaster Supply company and we will draw a name about one hour from right. Now all you have to do is come by an enter to, win and we're going to hook you up coming up at about five. O'clock all, RIGHT a random amount of college football storylines to get to, today and no better guest to break it down THAT i Got Matt, brown the founder and publisher Of Extra points and front of the. Program, Matt Happy, thursday. Buddy how are we?
Speaker 9: Doing, Hey i'm doing. Great it's always a pleasure to spend a little bit of time here with.
Speaker 1: YOU i appreciate the. Time appreciate the. Time so THE cfp has approved a new seating model for next? Season AM i wrong to? Say this appears to be something that is just so basic THAT i don't know why they did this all.
Speaker 9: ALONG i get why they did. IT i, mean we've had THE nfl had postseason formats where preferential seating was given to people that won, divisions and then other professional leagues has done it. Before, HONESTLY i wish they hadn't done, it just BECAUSE i think this is a little bit of an overreaction To Arizona state And Boise state last. Year BUT i don't. THINK i don't think fans are going to. Complain it's probably not good news for The Big, twelve but it should lead to more equally matched early postseason games for next.
Speaker 1: Season, YEAH i, mean not to just draw a, parallel because some times it's an exercise and futility to, say, well basketball does, this so football should do. It football does, it so basketball should do. It but it's not like THE ncaa tournament is seated based off of conference champs or what have.
Speaker 9: You.
Speaker 1: Like it just seems in my pea brain that the best team should get the highest, seats is All i'm.
Speaker 9: Saying, yeah now THAT i think about, IT i don't think any OTHER ncuba championship event does guaranteed seating for conference Champions so it's either done by net or pair wise OR rpi or anything. ELSE i, mean this isn't technically an NC double, event but if you want to make things, standard that does make, sense all.
Speaker 1: Right so let's stay in this space for a, moment because the other conversation that is out there is what twenty twenty six will look, like and you, know expanding to sixteen teams seems to be. Inevitable but then there's the conversation about four auto bids for THE, sec four auto bids for The big, ten two for The big, twelve two for THE, acc one For group of, six and then three at large. Bids that's kind of been bandied. About there's a little bit of pushback going, on as you would, Expect so give me your thoughts on, this and how do you think we land?
Speaker 9: WELL i, mean my personal thought IS i hate.
Speaker 4: IT i hate.
Speaker 2: IT i hate.
Speaker 9: IT i think that the part of this is again a dramatic overreaction to the results from one. Season this WAS i think a major problem that college football had with THE. Bcs where you would set a, formula it would, work it would work out one. Way we all decided we didn't like, that so we'd immediately changed the formula and then things you never had enough consistency or ability to make a real data informed. Decision it's also a money grab and and not to, sound you, know hysterically, hyperbolic BUT i THINK i think this proposal is almost Anti american and how it completely removes meritocracy and it is built to lock in advantages from a couple of these other largest. Institutions and, honestly the biggest obstacle to us moving toward to a world with automatic bids is not so much To big twelve or THE, acc WHO i don't think can meaningfully stop this given the voting. Control it's it's going to Be, congress and it's going to be politicians because of enough lawmakers and enough politically influential people who are tied To big twelve OR acc OR g six interests are able to waive you, know you, know raise concerns about anti. Trust THEN i COULD i could see an outside entity forbidding this sort of thing from, happening and that that was you, Know Cody, campbell the The texas tech billionaire and who was going to co chair The White House College Sports commission until that got. Postponed has raised concerns about this outside of the government doing. Something it's difficult for me to imagine. This guenique and he put back in the, bottle which is good news if you're a fan of fifth PLACE sec. Teams probably less good news if you like anybody.
Speaker 1: Else All, Right, matt we're gonna need you to walk us through this because it has been a chaotic back and forth with some legislators and lawmakers on the state level passing some bills kind of, quietly quite frankly that would allow their schools to circumvent rules put in place by The house FIRST ncaa, settlement and now it looks like there's legislation on the, table or a contract that would bind schools to the new enforcement rules and require them to waive the right to sue over decisions despite the state. LEGISLATION i just want the damn, settlement, dude SO i can understand where we're. At so the time is, yours walk us through this what's going on.
Speaker 9: Here so the bad news, is And i've written about this a little, bit is THAT i don't think any of this matters regardless of What Judge wilkin does in the next thirty six, hours regardless of what state lawmakers, do because Either judge will can approve the thing before you, KNOW i log off and close my computer On, friday and then we have the next lawsuit two weeks, later or she doesn't approve, it and THEN cla changes some rules and then we have another. Lawsuit you can, have you can have the College Sports commission or whatever you want to call this this new group ask tell schools you got to, sign you gotta wage your right to, Sue you got to agree to this other forum for or else will kick you. Out you can make them sign, that but someone could still sue and say it doesn't. Matter that contract's, unenforceable this is, unconstitutional this is. Illegal and the only way that you have clarity, is, well let's let's see what some judges. Think let's see what the federal government decides to. Do let's see how some of the parts of this settlement are tested in court or In. Congress so all that, frustrating BECAUSE i know you're sick of talking about. It, Candidly i'm a little bit sick of writing about. It most of the ads and coaches and presidents THAT i talk to are tired of having somebody from completely outside of their universe dictate things to them on seemingly our arbitrary.
Speaker 4: Bases but that's the.
Speaker 9: Reality it's not Just tennessee that's passed one of these. Laws oregon has done it. Too there's others that are considering. It and we won't know how enforceable any of this house stuff is until somebody who is In Judge wilkin takes a look at.
Speaker 1: Him goodness. Gracious So i'm going to reduce it even, more be reductive even. More when are you expecting the settlement to be? Passed when are you expecting this to actually go?
Speaker 9: Down i'm expecting an update from the judge before the end of this, week before the holiday. Weekend it's been two. Weeks all of the motions have been, filed all the PaperWorks on our. Desk i've actually postponed a couple of meetings That i've had because a lot of these things end up happening late in the afternoon specific. Time but it would not shock me if it's four thirty specific time and all of the other national reporters are two beers deep heading into a three day, weekend and then suddenly we all have to run to our desks and write, something even THOUGH i think functionally whatever happens with this case doesn't actually.
Speaker 1: Matter, okay let's dig into that, though BECAUSE i think most people have been waiting for this case to be settled in order to, understand, uh the landscape of what college, football specifically in college athletics as a whole will look. Like so tell, me and you already alluded to this with your previous, answer let's unpack it a little bit more, so If i'm understanding, correctly you're expecting the, settlement then you're expecting, lawsuits and you're expecting lawsuits against the lawsuits and appeals and like so so so how does this? End how does This how does this ball of yarn? Unwined it ends in one of three?
Speaker 9: Ways, right it ends because the federal, government Through congress or even potentially executive, ACTION i guess if the balance of powers doesn't really matter, anymore but with somebody In, washington D. C passes a law to create clarity clarity meeting and anti trust exemption, clarity meaning we're throwing up the settlement clarity to end so the legal exposure or limit it one way or. Another that's that's one. Option option two is the federal government doesn't do, anything and this just plays out two, courts and courts will either affirm the settlement and establish some kind of precedence and THE ncuba will be able to enforce some of these nil, restrictions or they, won't or the case goes to. Trial in case the whole, thing the whole setlement completely blows, up and then we have another three years of kind of of kind of navigating about. This the third would be the settlement gets torn up and another one is, proposed which is which is the least likely. THING i, know it's, frustrating what's going to happen in two and a half, weeks three. Weeks is that one way or, another administrators At utah AND byu And Utah state are going to make preparations to pay college athletes. Directly either it will be under the terms of The House, settlement which will you, know will probably be executed and not stayed under, appeal or the thing gets blown up and they're going to pay people, anyway and THE ncaa is just going to change their, rules just like they did over nil in twenty. Twenty one would love to not think about this, anymore BUT i do not think the legal realities are going to allow me to do anything.
Speaker 2: Else.
Speaker 1: Which brings us to another. SITUATION i need your help. Here so The Presidential commission On College, Sports President trump HAS i, guess at one point decided this was a good. Idea The Cody, campbell businessman From texas is involved In my understanding is they had started to look at recommendations for. Membership of, course the story that they spoke With Nick saban about it advisor role is out, there and THEN i guess today they're pausing. IT i, MEAN i don't know if this is like another like we're gonna tear if everybody and then, wait we're not like what exactly is going on?
Speaker 9: Here SO i, mean we can't rule that out really LIKE i think not have to be. Partisan but one thing that's been pretty sure of this particular, administration there's a little bit of a ready fire aim approach to a lot of. Things what happened was The Trump White house decided first by leaking to The Wall Street journal what they were considering a college Sports Executive, order and then creating this. Commission they didn't tell anybody about that until until they, decided let's let's all systems. Go and many of the issues That Senator tubberville is concerned, with And stavan's concerned, with That campbell is concerned, with and many lawmakers are the exact issues that are trying to be resolved In. Congress and the point person for that could the most likely bill to pass Is Ted, cruz who has been negotiating for six months With Senator moran out of The republican out Of, Kansas Corey, Booker democrats From New. JERSEY i THINK i Think blumenthal And, kune senator from from From, delaware And i've seen part of this. Bill i've talked to staffers in a couple of those Different senate offices And senate committees and their, goal and then you, Know cruises people And koon's people have, said, yeah we think this can get bipartisan support to finally get something. Through whether it gets sixty votes or fifty six or fifty, eight you, know we don't, know but it's something like that that contracts of. Support AND i think what's happened, here you, know based on the phone Calls i've made, today is two. Things, one big money from The big ten in THE sec and their lobbying efforts have kind of gotten Into trump's ear and, said, Hey Cody campbell wants some stuff here that we don't, want and maybe we don't want him to have as much, influence namely potentially curtailing The big ten in the SEC's overwhelming. Influence not good if you're A texas tech. Fan the other thing is it's going to be much harder For Ted cruz to get Six democrats or Any democrats to support something If President trump is out in front of. It the smaller role that he, plays given how politically readio active he is right, now the easier it's going to be to find a couple Of democrats to get this thing over the. Lone so WHAT i believe is happening here is a bunch of other people have gotten to the president and they're, like, no, actually it makes more sense to defer To. Ted let's give him a few more. Weeks let's see What Judge wilkin, does and then we'll go back to this, commission because there are issues that The president is concerned about And Senator trumberville are concerned about that don't have anything to do WITH, nil and those might be something that is addressed by an executive order commission independent of this.
Speaker 1: Bill i'm trying to think of having any. Etc in my bag just SO i can pop a couple of advill or something.
Speaker 9: HERE i know it's the thing that every sports fan is really excited about in Late Nay it's, LIKE i can't wait to talk About Ted.
Speaker 4: Cruz but, this this is the.
Speaker 1: Reality, well, ultimately do you foresee this commission essentially at some point existing. PERMANENTLY i mean the bypart is in nature of what has to happen here doesn't seem to be. Possible And i'm no political, expert BUT i keep track of it Because i'm a human who lives in The United states Of, america and with all of the things that seem to be a little bit more important on the, table with our leaders in charge unable to come together for pretty basic, things do you think this is something that actually will exist when the dust? SETTLES i, do, Actually AND.
Speaker 9: I think an interesting question is going to be what does this commission ultimately end up? Studying one thing That i've written about and supported for a couple of, years as have other athlete. Activists i've pushed for a commission to study The olympic, movement just like we had in the late. Seventies, right whether it's The house, settlement or revenue sharing or, nil all these other things are changing the ability for smaller schools to Sponsor olympic. SPORTS i, mean just a few hours, AGO i Think STEVEN. F austin just dropped. FOUR i have a story about all of this coming out. Tomorrow it makes sense for national experts in business and military and athletics to figure out how are we going to fund elite athlete? Development that would that would absolutely be something that would be the purview of a college sports. COMMISSION i think that would be a good. Idea there are Issues AND i know this Because i've talked To republican staffers and lawmakers who have asked my opinion about some college sports. Reform LIKE i know that there are the lawmakers who are concerned about the number of international athletes who are competing right now at the highest, level and are they taking spots Of american? Athletes, obviously you, know a very animating issue among conservatives is the potential participation of transgender athletes and women's, sports and and how can that be limited or curtailed or. Eliminated even, more there's a reform Of title. Nine these are all things that are not going to be in The Ted cruz bill that are not about, nil not about athlete, compensation but are important To republican politicians and could be a part of a. Commission so could the reform of the of The Sports Broadcasting, act which would you, know which is what prohibits THE nfl from you, know playing games On saturdays In. October that could have.
Speaker 8: Changes so all of this is.
Speaker 9: Possible the difficult thing For buddha for ill love the guy or hate. Him President trump's unpredictable and a lot of his actions depend on who got in his ear last or what he saw ON tv at ten o'clock at, Night and IF i could predict exactly what he's going to do sixty days from, now my newsletter would be much much more.
Speaker 1: Expensive all, right one more thing. Here then there is a local story Involving yu's QUARTERBACK i wanted to ask you, about and you know it's a very sensitive, thing so if you don't have much on, it we can quickly move. On but AND i KNOW i revisit this with you quite a. Bit but of course they're conversations about The big ten and THE sec wielding the power that they do in the half of the auto, bids and the sixteen sixteen TEAM. Cfp at one point it felt like we were high speed, ahead and, honestly part of me feels like we should do, this but of course there are so many pieces of red tape and legal jargon and anti trust this and the that's have to settle. That that are we still moving into a situation where you do think at some point there will be two power? Conferences or have we just settled into like college football is what it is right now and we're just going to continue to traverse these legal spaces until we actually land on something that is either these two conferences or is it just this now in perpetuity for a.
Speaker 9: WHILE i would not bet on this in perpetuity for. Anything, right this is an era of seismic, change and we're not done with that seismic. Change it would not surprise me if we are moving towards the world where where we have a separation between The Big ten and THE, sec or for that, matter potentially a separation that's even smaller than, that a separation of thirty two or forty elite college programs or, brands most of which are in The Big ten AND. Sec but you, know maybe that doesn't Include, northwestern maybe that doesn't Include rutgers Or, vanderbilt or for building a new super, league would be moving to a world with that separation of sixty five teams and maybe includes a bunch Of big twelve. Institutions we could be moving towards the world where that is halted because of new anti trust enforcement or new federal, legislation or what happens with private. Equity it's a terrible sports radio answer to say that you're not sure exactly where it's going to. GO i do know what the current status quo is untenable, financially, legally, morally and. POLITICALLY i think how this sport is configured and looks in four years will look very different from how it is.
Speaker 1: Now all, right, man BEFORE i set you. Loose about ten minutes before we cracked the mic yesterday to do the, show The Salt Lake tribune has reported it a civil case has been filed In Salt Lake county alleging THAT byu Quarterback jake R reetz laugh raped and strangled his accuser In november of twenty twenty. Three it's a bad look all. Around it's a bad look for The Provo Police. Department jake's, ATTORNEY byu and The PROVO pd have all released their own. Statements this is not a criminal, charge is a civil. Charge and now we kind of. Wait it's you, know it's been, unfortunate you know the. DEAL i, mean college football fans are why you AND i have a. Job but this puts a mirror in front of, people and then you, know you SEE youte fans doing victory, lapse you SEE byu fans victim. Shaming it's been a rough twenty four hours or so in the new cycle out this, WAY i don't even really know what to ask, you because ultimately it is such a sensitive situation that really shouldn't have a lot to do with. Football But jake is a starting quarterback AT. Byu so what's your reaction to? This and you KNOW, byu how do you think they?
Speaker 9: Proceed, YEAH i mean the most important thing to me after reading that story is THAT i hope for the safety Of Jane, doe AND i hope That Jane doe is able to obtain justice whatever the facts of this ultimately and end up being like that. THING i think that's the most important thing for anybody that's reporting an incident like, this. RIGHT i would also say just for the benefit of news, consumers but regardless of what college football you, know fandom you come. FROM i say this as somebody who doesn't you, know isn't gonna ride or die for any of these. Places but it's just been reporting.
Speaker 4: On this for a.
Speaker 9: While the initially the facts of the, case as reported by a complaint and by what if police initially say right right after this are not always what actually. HAPPENED i hate to say, this but police, lie and in, fact you, know not irregularly about things that might make them look. Bad sometimes the complaint is not always accurate. Either so THE i think the difficult thing is to tell people you have to let this play out and not immediately seize upon what what what you read within the first twelve, hours as as the gospel. Truth the third thing to think about which is unique in this.
Speaker 8: Particular situation and be right because it's.
Speaker 9: It's not, criminal is you, know B yu HAS a has a different standard of conduct for, athletes and somebody could be innocent of any criminal wrongdoing and still very clearly violate the standards that they signed up for to represent this particular, program and that doesn't violate someone's due. Process, brother you don't have due process the same way that we might with the. Courts with The Honor. Code i'm not telling anybody what to. Do I'M i am simply preparing fans for for what that might. Mean you can, be you, know innocent of criminal charges and still be in violation of The Honor. Code beyond you, know the things could be interpreted like they were in twenty, Twelve they could be interpreted like they were in nineteen eighty. One they could be a completely new. INTERPRETATION i have no IDEA i hope everyone is, safe AND i hope justice is served.
Speaker 1: Well Said. Matt where can people go at your?
Speaker 9: Work you can find my work at Extra points mb dot. COM i have a story coming out tomorrow on why mid majors are dropping sports and why one in The west is adding them and hopes to add even more over the next eighteen.
Speaker 4: Months we're going to have.
Speaker 9: Some more analysis of what's happening In washington with college athletics over the next couple of, days and then some other reporting on the business of college athletics to drop in the near future as. Well and also find me On twitter At Matt BROWN.
Speaker 1: Ep thank, you my. Friend you always expand my intellectual. HORIZONS i feel Like i'm interviewing a. Professor have a Great Memorial day. Weekend love to get you back on.
Speaker 9: Soon, okay all, right, YouTube be well and safe.
Speaker 1: Everybody all, right the Great Matt. Brown Extra points is the college football, newsletter and he's a really bright. Guy SOMETIMES i just feel Like i'm treading water to keep. Up appreciate his, time all, right wrapping up the. Program coming up on the other, Side Carolina Florida game two in THE Nhl. Playoffs i'm gonna try to rush home and get to. THIS i think we're gonna see gloves drop four nation, style maybe right out of the. Gates so if you want to see AN nhl, fight tune in and stay tuned For, Carolina. Florida if you're looking For Western Conference Finals game. Two on THE nba side of, things our friends on the, fan we have you. Covered it IS Okac minnesota game. Two all, right before we get out of, here special thanks to our friends up here At Wassatche, frontkia which is seven to Seventy West Riverdale road In. Ogden it's their Thirteenth Daniel Memorial day weekend tent sale with great deals and cool. Prizes seven to Seventy West Riverdale road In. Ogden all, Right olivia drew the, name so don't get bad to. Me the winner of this beautiful, cooler this beautiful Loan mountain one ten qt cooler From Pittmaster's Supplied, company which is, red white and, blue because Go, America Daniel. Alverado Congratulations Daniel. ALVERADO i will not give out his cell phone on. AIR i will hand this back To olivia BECAUSE i have nothing to do with. It so don't get out to. Me all, RIGHT Nba, PLAYOFFS Nhl, Playoffs, porter do you feel any better about doing the show? Today you're still in shock about what happened At Madison Square garden last.
Speaker 3: Night I'm i'm real and still you, Know i'm looking forward to to a game that doesn't involve my team, tonight so we'll we'll enjoy. That but, yeah, Man I'm i'm still fill in a little off based on what we saw last night In New york as a as A knicks, fan as you, know we've been waiting a long time to have a, moment even just like A game One Eastern Conference finals, win like give us that at the, least and the way that, happened And toni alluded to It spence during the. Show much LIKE i mentioned the way The celtics Lost game one was going to matter in that, SERIES i think the way The knicks lost In game one will matter in this. One it takes me back to if you remember The Finals game, one When lebron is In cleveland and he just has a remarkable. Game they should have Won game, one but J. R smith like does some stupid thing at the end of the game and they. Lose the way they lost that Game, SPENCE i said it that. Day they lost a series that, day AND i kind of have that feeling about My.
Speaker 1: Knicks BUT i do Hope i'm, wrong you, KNOW i WISH i. Could i'm going to choose to remain. Optimistic but there are losses and then there are losses that just snatch your. Soul and there's no other way to put. It that was AND i actually had a buddy text me after the. Game he, said would you have rather The knicks been blown? Out AND i, said, yes one hundred. PERCENT i would have rather the next go down twenty in the first and never make a run as opposed to have our hearts ripped out of our chest like.
Speaker 3: That, well, yeah because then you have like film that you can look at and see what you. Did like The knicks wasted a game in Which Jalen brunson went for forty plus shot well from the, Field Karl Anthony towns was, aggressive shot well from the, field had a bunch of good moments, defensively and somehow some way because you fall asleep for six minutes in the fourth quarter and then you, know really really have the wheels fall off when you, KNOW i do think that the guy's got completely. Gassed you wasted thirty forty minutes of good. Basketball and that's that's tough because now you don't have that film to go watch those, corrections to go make.
Speaker 1: It, yeah it. Was it was, brutal it was. Historic it was a massive choke. Job AND i will Give Rick carlyle and the pace was a ton of. CREDIT i Thought Tom thibodeau was purely out. Coached his players clearly got gassed at the. End we'll see what Happens game two, tomorrow but some fun action. Tonight enjoy it porter before we say, goodnight when comes our way on A Memorial day Weekend friday style edition of the, Show.
Speaker 3: Yeah we'll set you loose for a long weekend on A friday with a double up edition of THE Nba Daily Assist Howard beck will stop by live From Madison Square. Garden Zach harper will stop by the, Program Paul pugmyer with the latest on THE pga. Tour we'll stop By Andy larson on the show and.
Speaker 1: We'll go from.
Speaker 3: There so a Crowded friday show and plenty to get to before the.
Speaker 1: Weekend so join us for A friday edition of the. Program with that Will Saga Night. Special thank you To Tony, Jones Raphael, Barlow, Kirch, well excuse, me Not. Ralphael he's going to join us another. Time Tony, Jones Kirch schmid And Matt, Brown freddie and you made miss from the. Show go to the WEBSITE espn seven onund sports dot. Com download the mobile, App Take us on The GO espn seven. Hundred app is available in The App store in The google Play. Store, then, finally for what we do in our space every afternoon for four, hours check out our podcast. Page it's Called The drive With. Spence check its that's available wherever you gets your show. Special thank you To wassat's Front kia seven to Seventy West Riverdale road In ogden for. Porter I'm spence saying to night and enjoy Your thursday. Evening we'll talk to you on A friday show right here ON espn seven hundred