Speaker 1: Yo, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Everybody?
Speaker 3: Welcome to a new episode of My Canic Gass. I'm Canaday and I'm Groovy. Today's episode we have special guys. Matt from Michigan presents you or Matt Michigan presents his events.
Speaker 2: Uh Michigan with it. Uh.
Speaker 3: But he had the metric mash, the fire and Eyes and now he's got the Growers gallops the second time in the Growers Guys, I think that was your first event last year. Yeah, so we got him back here. We're gonna talking about the event upcoming. Uh, who's going to be there? What what to look for? Make sure you check out every room because me and Groovy did not true that's true.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well no, that's the thing I'll talk with the last bent because that it was honestly the first time I've been to Crowfoot for something that wasn't music, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Sure, and it's gonna be worn too, so it's gonna be not cold, so you're not gonna have ye well hopefully.
Speaker 4: Now and now it's jinked now it's if it's bad.
Speaker 5: I'm like every event we've done so far, we've been super fortunate with weather, like even the the frost and fire. It was like January thirty first, but we had like a week of like single digits and negative temperatures leading up to it, and then that day came and it was like sunny in like.
Speaker 2: Thirty eight degrees.
Speaker 3: We got super lucky it did, and it was like no snow, no ice storm because that that would definitely like hurt your vine because you have people coming all or from all over the Stateum.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 5: And I was kind of worried about costs up. I'm like, what what if there's a massive snowstorm shuts everybody out? Like how how do we plan contingencies around it?
Speaker 4: So that does not so well? That too? Yeah, outdoor and and if you ever do outdoor, and thankfully you're not doing outdoors, outdoor is such another thing. Like I just did a good yesterday in the outdoor. It's how hard to weather you can't, right, So these storms come in backup plans. But I mean, you know, I mean just to reflect, I mean, compared to obviously the hot box social your first like will we the metric match that I went to, how is your experience at the crow foot throwing?
Speaker 5: It was amazing, Like yeah, just the club owner itself and like the people that worked the club, like we're like way more involved in, way more set up for us to walk into.
Speaker 2: So it gave us a lot off our plate.
Speaker 5: Like when we got there, like honestly, like there's a two hour period that we were like, Okay, I guess we're set up, you know, like we give us ourselves like a good amount of time to make sure that everything is uh playing properly, and like I was tables and set up and sponsors ready to come in and everything was pretty much done for us. So it was super convenient. And then like we weren't sure like how the new venue would play, and there's never been a cannabis event at that venue, right, like, so we were very nervous and however, think it was going to turn out.
Speaker 2: And then the event happened. I think we had closest six hundred people and it.
Speaker 4: Was just it was it was hard, it was slamming, it was back, and it was so back that we didn't know a whole room was going on.
Speaker 3: I don't And that gets props to you man, and how you threw the event, dude, Like congratulations, that was a well done event.
Speaker 4: The donut is the regular one. That's just the banger, just the bang ering, just the two t I gotta build up the buddy. I mean, been making this joke lately because like especially I haven't call myself coach Groovy because like even like because they will get in his head too much. I mean, I do the same thing, so we'll do it to each other. Really, but like realistically about the weed last year, he was like, man, I don't even know if it's good. I don't want to enter it. Bro was like take it from the podcast, just do it. And then he won. He's like, oh ship now and now it's like back to bag. It's created a monitor.
Speaker 5: But that's a hell of accomplishment. It's not easy to win events, and like it's something that people strive for. So congratulations.
Speaker 4: Mash batch Cup has been around and it's like I feel like what I love about hash bash Cup is it There's two things that I think interesting about it. One that everyone can enter. You got metric, you got care gamers, You've got people growing twelve plants just doing it for the hell of it, right, so you got a bunch of entries. Then also, it doesn't come down to the numbers, which can be like a little negative in some lights. But what it's kind of neat about it. It's like which one stuck out to you? Which two did you like the most? It's just old school, which one got me high? Which one of the flavors.
Speaker 2: Out the dope is dope?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 5: Well, I mean so thinking about it, like you said, the numbers, the numbers. Unfortunately, that's a game that's manipulated by privately owned businesses that want to survive. It's not a state run thing, so it's not consistent across the board. So it's like hard to judge if we do something based off numbers, it's hard to judge that it's going to be exactly what we're looking for, right And like competitions are tough, like and that's why I've kind of stayed away from them for right now. Like, uh, the people that put them on, like there's a lot that go into it, like tons of credit to them, but like the formats are always left open for people, the critics to come out and point out, like you know, you favored him, you favored And I'm not saying that's happening within the industry or within any of the competitions because the I know the people that put most of them on and they're not easy to do, and you're always trying to figure out ways to.
Speaker 2: Make it as fair as possible and like that.
Speaker 5: Again, that's kind of why I've stayed away from him a little bit, is because I don't want that like, oh, well you did this, so he obviously you wanted your boys to win or like something the London. It's like something that me and AI have to figure out, like how can we have the most transparent judging of any event that has happened in the past.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel because like back in even the high times days, those are such such pay to play, Like when that Lylee you'd be hearing like, oh, oh who was it? I think it was a I don't like I was that vape company. Church Church wasn't even in market yet and they like won awards or something like yeah, event, so like it does happen. Uh there, but again shouts the hashbatched cup. I did test this at Chiro, so it came back with three percent turps.
Speaker 2: Its very nice, that's pretty stoked. That's great.
Speaker 3: That's in like ninety nineteen point six seven percent came TC very good.
Speaker 4: No, no, that was awesome. And then again all that is actually pay to play. All those things are big. But I even mean like sometimes with numbers, like sometimes I'll like it'll look so good and smell so good that those numbers while weigh the actual taste sometimes when you do a straightia. That's why we try to do like a weighted scale, like with our with our with the dabs and then with the flower we've kind of have just a straight ten across. But it's it's one of those things where it's like, you know, numbers can skew things, you know where it's like again and they're all they're all unique, they're all different. Like you know, a High Times cup is you know, it's got prestigious to a degree because it's been around forever and you know, say what you want to say, it's still gets you a out of marketing, right, It's like any of these cups. And that's like why even like Dad Dave's learning, It's like even every cup has its own like little thing. It's why it's good. Market can't beat that type of publicity. Yeahs like, hey, a bunch of people thought my stuff was good.
Speaker 3: People like, oh, take it, I'm might try it. I'm living off the high for right now.
Speaker 5: And honestly, where this industry is right now, marketing is huge. Like the difference whether you market your brand or you don't market your brand is the difference in survival right now. Right like there you're able to demand more for your products and you create more demand for your products. So having a good marketing department, having good investment into that that side of the business like and everything flows together, like everything works as a wheel.
Speaker 3: My marketing will help put sales up. You know, good saying good product will help marketing, which will help sales. Like it's it's like a whole circle.
Speaker 2: And you're absolutely right.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of brands that you see in the industry that don't put any dollars, not even a little bit of dollars towards it. And I understand it is very tough right now. It's hard in the industry. Prices per pounder like pretty low and stuff, but.
Speaker 5: That's let's be clear, it's like it's not even just prices per pound. Everybody is having a hard time, from the nutrient company to the lightning company to the grow to like everybody seems to be having the same type of spectrum of issues.
Speaker 3: You know, that makes sense. That makes sense, and much of the terrors aren't helping either too.
Speaker 5: In that that is, we haven't even necessarily like kicked that in in like seeing what that might look like with us.
Speaker 2: But it's something we have to be prepared for.
Speaker 5: So, like the interstage trends are always like like what is the next big trend?
Speaker 2: Right? Right, So in my.
Speaker 5: My futuristic view, in my projection, like I see the trend being to be able to grow the highest quality flower, and like it's weird because like this should make sense, highest quality flower for the lowest dollar, right, So it's not necessarily just bottoming out your your your cost per pound, like just race to the bottom, because there's a threshold there that uh quality, Like you have to be able you have to spend x amount of dollars to at least get to the quality of that is the level to.
Speaker 4: Be able to have good marketing behind it or you know what I right, you got to have a good product to sell because you need that to capital to market to with.
Speaker 5: So it's like, how can we drop the bottom line and not get down to like the guys that are producing like a thousand lights a week, right, like like thousands of pounds a month, like, sure they are. They are focused on absolute dollars, bottom dou dollar and they don't care where the quality is. They need it's a hit X Y Z in order to get their extractions or their biomass or whatever they might need.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: So that's where I'm like, Okay, so like the guys that are surviving right now, right, the guys that are doing really well, maintain that quality.
Speaker 2: But figuring out how to reduce that bottom line is as far as possible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's got to be tough, it's it's it's gonna be interesting on the next this whole year place out moving forward with uh uh the industry, we'll see, we'll see. But like events like years though, help these brands with marketing advertisement. And that's why I'm thinking, I think a lot of brands should look at into events because events are great for networking in for marketing, and not only do you get your brand out there, but then you're able to meet up people. But you got to vent the event though, because some events don't have as good like reach sure many people there? What do you whatever? You want to call it like yours. Like you said, you pretty much packed that place. I was like, I think it was solely you couldn't have anyone else in there. I like we could have, but like the top floor wasn't utilized at all. So this time, like when we talked about this earlier, like making sure everybody knows, hey.
Speaker 2: There's what's going on than just the ballroom.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so if you know, there's an upstairs, the big room on the side, which is the pike, No, the pikes.
Speaker 5: So there's there's the So you walking into the left is the ballroom and to the right is the front room. In the front room this time, we're gonna have Woljoe X. They're gonna have that front room. They're gonna have a dad bar, and they're gonna have doughnut bar. They're gonna have quite a bit set up in there. The ballroom on your left, and then straight ahead you can go into the verner's room.
Speaker 2: So that's them all on the main.
Speaker 5: Was that's right, okay, yes, okay, And then you can go upstairs over there, you can go upstairs, I believe you can get there from like where you walk into the facility, and then you can go upstairs through the ballroom. Then there's a balcony above the ballroom, there's the pike room, then is in the back room. And this time at the pike room, we're gonna put tables and chairs. We're gonna have a pizza bar back there, so we're gonna try to do things more things that push people up there. We'll have a dad bar up in the balcony area. I can't remember exactly who who we put up there for this one, but yeah, so there's more.
Speaker 2: There's more to the facility, so feel free to get out there.
Speaker 5: And then we talked about this too, right, So the last one was in the winter, we couldn't use the balcony.
Speaker 2: Or not the balcony of the patio area. Yeah, yeah, so now we'll be able to open the doors up. It's raining out that way as well.
Speaker 3: And that means you can walk to either side.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: One night, one night of the week is your event again. This one's on Thursday, because I'm going to say electricty can get bumping on a Friday and that's right next door.
Speaker 2: Oh that's the club.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but they'll have patio DJs too, and like just on a Friday gig, you might go outside and be having riddom and like, well, that's.
Speaker 3: That's I think you're saying.
Speaker 2: I'll make that announcement right now. I haven't said this. Ye.
Speaker 5: By the next event is going to be the Summer Smoke Out August eighth. It's gonna be a Friday, so that one will be that Friday vibe. So we'll see kind of right on that one. And since we're rolling with it, then we're doing it back and back again Metric match again on October thirtieth, so the day before Halloween.
Speaker 2: Sick dude, is that a Thursday? That'll be a Thursday.
Speaker 3: That's a Thursday Friday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and last time, last time, and last time you had a musician. Are you doing the musician not just DJ background type of music to just show.
Speaker 2: The DJ going and doing what he's doing there in music playing, But.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the you know, the the I appreciate half coming out and doing this performance and like in uh, providing and.
Speaker 4: Maybe like a whole graw on masks and stuff too, exactly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So he's uh, he's got his own thing going on out there.
Speaker 2: He's there again.
Speaker 5: You're talking about marketing and you can check out some of their pages and he does a very good job.
Speaker 2: Uh cms cap cms CA.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so we appreciate him coming and doing what he did.
Speaker 2: It just like, are these events aren't for music?
Speaker 4: Like, oh for sure, no one percent. And that's the thing that it's just about a folcus. I mean I have DJed gigs where cannabis is the focus, where it's just the background music. Man, That's what it is, and that's all we need.
Speaker 2: That's everybody wants to talk catch up. You know.
Speaker 4: We've talked about sometimes music can also like cut the networking too down and a lot of times these events are used for networking. I'm telling you, like, like a lot of these events, people are like, hey, we what we mean to connect? That's right, let's connect. Like I've seen brains do that.
Speaker 5: And it's like I'm always considered like doing something with music, but you know, maybe it is like a hey, this is a music event, you know, so like geared towards that walking into it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I would agree with one. I think that's I think with your vibe.
Speaker 3: For me, in my opinion, I was like, this is meeting up people networking.
Speaker 4: We talked to so many people and we didn't even get to the official room. Yet like we were like we kept getting stuck and we were in the hallway.
Speaker 2: And like same, So it was I could do that. I gotcha. I started.
Speaker 5: I tried to get into the Murner's room like four different times, and.
Speaker 2: Like I'd make it like twenty feet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 5: I'm like, all right, I gotta go take some shit back downstairs. And I come back up and I'm like I looked at the Sea Junkie group and I'm like, hey, watch this, I'm gonna make it to the other side of the room, and like thirty five minutes later, I hadn't made one step past their booth yet. I look over and they're like laughing and like I told.
Speaker 4: You, because it's your event too. It's like learning me.
Speaker 5: So we ask ourselves constantly, like what is so different with our events? Like why why are they so great? Why do people have so much good a good time with it? And like there's no necessarily answer that I can come up with except for authenticity, Like I tried to be very authentic to every single person that walks in that door. My family is also who is behind me, my wife, my brother, my niece, actually my mom will be helping out in the setup. This time, my sister will be.
Speaker 4: Involved with Michigan mom, Michigan wife. I don't I do this like Canon mom, Canon Dad.
Speaker 5: My kids even came like at the first of the last one helped set up before everybody came in.
Speaker 2: We keep it, We keep it within within the within the.
Speaker 5: Family, and like we we try not to push corporate on onto assure that like the corporations and I don't even know if I want to call corporations, the businesses are the ones that allow us to put them on because they're sponsoring and giving me the money to be able to to uh do the certain things that I'm doing and like be able to innovate every time and like get a little bit better every time. But it's the authenticity, is I Like every single person that walks through that door is important to me and to smile and I'll shake anybody's hand. I might not remember your name, but I'm sure as hell will try. Like that's just you know, one of those things, especially as I should about to turn forty.
Speaker 4: You So I do think some people can like have that skill of like, hey, I remember a bunch of people names, but I don't think it's that common. I think a lot of people are like if I remember you from something, I'll associate you with like I met you at the bowling alley, so you're bowling alley rob right, like like you know what I mean? You know, you know, in my context, I'll be like, blah blah blah, name like name where I met him? Like that's half people contact in my home.
Speaker 2: Association is big.
Speaker 5: But it's like, uh, I'll you'll tell me your name. I'll say your name is, I'm shaking your hand, and then as soon as I'm done shaking your hand.
Speaker 4: I forgot Yeah shit, what are we just talking about? Who is that?
Speaker 6: Again?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I need to really. So that's why a lot of times i'll nickname people and that helps me. Like really, if I can nickname someone, I'll be I'll remember you by your name. But sometimes if it's like, hey, I'm John, Oh the three hundredth John I've met in my life, Okay, cool, Like no offense, I'm not trying to be rude. Sorry, if there's any Johns after you with any funny though, if everyone was like anti like John's against John's against M I C. C. You have like your community or John, damn, sounds like prostitution.
Speaker 3: Since you don't have an artist this year. All right at this event, do you do you have anything different that you're doing or is it just mainly you just got you know.
Speaker 2: These these events are very cut and paste.
Speaker 4: What's nice about crowfoids You can smoke though, I mean, like the consumption at the event is really nice because I mean, especially for a lot of people, like you know, I think when you're tied in the industry, there's a lot of more events. But as far as like this is, this is like was this invite only you're already done. This is that CAP right, Well that's what you're saying. People are reaching out to you and you're trying to help people out. But once you get to CAP.
Speaker 5: It's like keep an eye out the week up in case any's ticket's like damn, but yeah.
Speaker 4: We're smart to keep a little bit of hidden just in case.
Speaker 5: It's just like foremo is real and building and playing off FOMO is also a very good marketing strategy.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, we're talking about marketing.
Speaker 4: I'm saying days always thinking about marketing for not talking about it.
Speaker 3: It's big, you need it. I do digital marketing for.
Speaker 4: Prior to the just like this, so you get it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so what brands you have at the advent of this upcoming one?
Speaker 5: So for this one to be an extra dad bar. So this time we got Wojo, Archive said brands seven ten and the east Side.
Speaker 4: Alchemy saw Browns. Yeah, like I meant say brand, maybe I said Bronze. I think it's not on like bronze.
Speaker 2: But those will be the.
Speaker 5: Ones that are behind the bar because we actually have bars. But we can set this up with I believe, So each.
Speaker 3: One's at a bar. So like seven ten was the dad bar in January, so they're behind them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well they also there was also Wojo to there was Wojo at the.
Speaker 5: Was in like the ballroom bar. It was like kind of like a little nook bar like inside up front, like in that front room like when you walk in, and right to the right there was Archive was.
Speaker 2: There last time? Yes?
Speaker 5: Archive was there last time? And then uh uh is there this time? They could be to the donut there they're like.
Speaker 1: Both.
Speaker 3: Donut, what's better than that?
Speaker 2: And then I believe I can't remember who's upstairs.
Speaker 5: We're gonna put up a dad bar upstairs this time, and then Roslyn Rossen got a table as well, and they'll be having their own little dad bar there as well.
Speaker 4: Donated donated hash for the roll bars, so that those will be.
Speaker 2: Is going to be doing theirs.
Speaker 5: These are the donut bars, right, so THEO will have theirs. But Hyman also comes in and we're gonna actually have two tables this time because last time we just had the one on the main floor. Uh, We're gonna have this additional one upstairs. Uh where they'll be live rolling doing us.
Speaker 4: Okay, so that was happening at the last one. Yeah, okay, So that's why I thought was going on the left in the front left when we were we were networking or we were talking. We were hanging out with DAP cow girls. Shout he shout her out, check her out from mass She puts out great content Flower. We were hanging out with her. Yeah Flower XBO shut them out like out or whatever. But good people. But I lost my train. Thought, Oh they were front left and I saw everyone lying and going over there. I was like, hey, we should go over there, and then we just like never went over there. We just but like that that's cool, that that's awesome. I didn't even over.
Speaker 5: There also was uh over cups and covert Cups had like a chocolate fun due that was like medicated.
Speaker 4: Dude, you got that free hoodie that night I did.
Speaker 3: I did shout out with christ from Ghostbusters. He gave me the Olympics HEDI, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Dude, I didn't even know you. I didn't miss cover Cups. You missed coverd Cups.
Speaker 4: Now telling you, man, we stayed. We like literally came in and stayed in the center and like walk back out.
Speaker 2: All right, So here's what we'll do. How about the Friday I find in August?
Speaker 5: Like we're we're creating things as we go here, right, So that one is just gonna have.
Speaker 2: To be longer, Like what time is it starting? And I was just about to ask you that.
Speaker 5: So we said with doors hurt seven for anybody who's not a sponsor, if you have a ticket. By the way, you must have a ticket to Nswer this time. If you don't have a ticket, you will not be allowed in. So please have a ticket. No like fuckery.
Speaker 4: Hey, I know a, I know a that.
Speaker 2: Happened last time.
Speaker 4: I could describe it.
Speaker 2: This time, we just have to be a little bit more sterned. Like, please have a ticket. Hear that?
Speaker 5: So let's make the next one longer. This one goes seven to eleven. But if we make it maybe starts earlier, goes a little later. This type of thing that gives people more opportunity to get around and see everybody and talk to more more people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know if it was just us by, you might have had other feedback from people, because yeah, I mean that's a lot. We missed a couple of things until.
Speaker 4: Which is Thursday was just bumping. Man, it's great. Sometimes when it's bumping, it's like almost like all right, that's a little overwhelming. I'm gonna chill, you know, So that's up to you. Like we could have went over there.
Speaker 3: We were just like, damn, it's so much bigger than hot Box Social too. I I think that's a really good venue choice for you, like it no one does anything out here like.
Speaker 4: And I think it's it's right down the street from right now?
Speaker 3: Is everyone getting the free parking again?
Speaker 5: Free parking will be all I'll taken care of those announcements were come and you know, we reinvest a lot back into these parties, like it's my like making money off them is not my goal.
Speaker 2: My goal is.
Speaker 5: To throw a banger and like be better than the last time. So we have massive as massive budgets for like food, like the all the catering and stuff that we put out like this time giveaways. So we're actually just talking about it so we can bring this up to.
Speaker 4: The Cannon cam Ca Cannick thing.
Speaker 5: So we're gonna be giving away first one hundred people through the or will get one of these. It's gonna be a three pack of like mini donuts. There's no many donuts in there right now, but there will be. It's gonna be the container flower rolled by me, I mean grown by me, Peninsula Roslin.
Speaker 4: And Rolla Gardens just just clear up.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the himen on the back. Oh that's actual, that's the whole packaging and everything. I really like this container. That's cool man, because you like who made it. It was really nice sticky.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shout out the sticker guys that that made the wrap for it.
Speaker 4: Yeah that you said you did a pod with them or something.
Speaker 2: You're going to right, Yeah, that's just that's going to drop you shortly. We had this past.
Speaker 4: If you're listening, let's do something.
Speaker 2: I'll get you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like that's really.
Speaker 2: Just making connections.
Speaker 4: And oh, I see what you mean by the raised I do like that. That is cool. Well what's really cool is like you buy this, you're just going to reuse it because it's a sat.
Speaker 2: That's the hat, that was the that was the goal.
Speaker 4: Sorry, I have a little I didn't you had a joint there? No, it don't even look yeah, oh damn, all right, pulled, pulling up on the pulling, put it back in.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't roll good joints. These guys have an art to it. I'm just like, fucking can't even get a guy in.
Speaker 4: Man Dave. Dave slows down and rolls. He can roll really good joint.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's funny.
Speaker 4: He really does some mights. He'll roll a banana, but he'll roll it in like six seconds. Like I'm knowing you like I'll go like this, but hey, man, so when do you want to roll the joint? All you have in his mouth as far.
Speaker 2: As yeah, I'm not like that. I can't. I don't do a filter. So I get done.
Speaker 5: Like the last little bit, I'm like, can smoke this anymore because it's too resonate. It's getting all over my teeth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's.
Speaker 3: My start putting filters. I go back and forth between filters and non filters.
Speaker 4: Shout out the sticky trap is dope.
Speaker 2: That's sick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I hope we're first hundred people, first.
Speaker 5: Hundred people through the door, we'll get one of those, and it's going to be a three pack.
Speaker 2: There's gonna be three three mini donus.
Speaker 4: So we might be late. So first ninety no I might show, but I might show. Really, I'm gonna cut this part out so no one knows that part. I'm just gonna gonna make a puff and I'm just gonna show up early, like why'd you get it?
Speaker 5: So we'll have some T shirts to give away too, So actually getting a little bit in a merge too, and like starting to just like I said, reinvest back into these so we can keep putting them on. Like it's like, yeah, I want to be I'm a grower. I'll be growing my entire life. I'll probably grow my entire life. I got a lot of very expensive habit so I'll probably continue to do that.
Speaker 2: But one day I might want to be like out of commercial cultivation.
Speaker 5: Right like ten years from now, I'll be turning fifty years old, I don't know if I'm gonna still want to be a commercial cultivator, right, Like I'd rather travel and go see the world. So you know, that's where like the events thing kind of comes in and like if I can continue to carve out new lanes and new niches, and that's what I would encourage anybody to do, Like figure out other lanes that you can create for yourself and fucking go for them.
Speaker 2: Awesome.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 3: I completely agree. Dude, do you go for your follow your passions. If you've got passions and something, try to follow that and do that. Like it feels great when you succeed in some of your passions and like going back to me winning you doing a successful event, like it feels great after doing like like, oh it's.
Speaker 2: Fucking great, It's good.
Speaker 3: No, dot, I can continue doing this moving forward, getting away from the event will jump right back into an account. Mid So, I saw you recently were on a podcast and then you're going on another podcast you mentioned before the show too.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I did a little circuit.
Speaker 5: Uh well, I went are you talking about the one that I posted on Instagram?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: So that was like the money Talks podcast or something like that. Okay, that was a booth that was in Minneapolis that just grabbed me and threw me on.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: That was a pretty interesting little show. What was that? What was the Minneapolis the Lucky Leaf Expo. So Minneapolis is like about to become licensed and they're about to like hit that.
Speaker 4: I've ever been to Minnesota? How far is that from here?
Speaker 2: That's it depends on driver.
Speaker 4: Fly like right over right there.
Speaker 2: But drive you got to go all the way around one way or another.
Speaker 4: Okay, damn yeah, go through Chicago.
Speaker 2: Or the right yep.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So there are about to be licensed and they don't have any product in the state really yet. So there's this gonna be this big imbalance just like there was here. There's gonna be a big sublime demand curb that needs to be.
Speaker 4: They have a medical market out there. Did they pulled from the caregivers?
Speaker 2: Like they don't?
Speaker 5: No, I don't believe so, like and maybe the BAX was like twelve plants at this point. Anyways, I can't I can't exactly remember how their laws go, but they had they like they did something weird. Their last governor or their governor signed the created a bill and is worded wrong, so that way they could have edibles but nothing else and so like, and it was weirdly written that it was it's tied to maybe the liquor license or or like that, those type of establishments, because you would go into like a bar there and they'd have infused.
Speaker 3: Drinks like THD drinks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you couldn't have a weed, but they.
Speaker 4: Listen, you can't spark it where you can mix it with your drink.
Speaker 2: So it was like it was just weird like loophole that.
Speaker 4: Was when are they just using like hemp? No, Well, I don't know, it's just a fascinating mark. No, no, fair enough, no, and it's fair enough. I just I just think that's interesting to be like doing low dose drinks, but like smoking, it's not okay. Interesting.
Speaker 2: The event was interesting.
Speaker 5: The event was like filled with people from out of state. It's interesting people that had seen like the supplying day anchor already once be out of whack in those certain areas and like want to go and take advantage of the first thing. So there's a lot of people from Michigan, there's a lot of people from Oklahoma, there's a lot of people from Colorado. Like a few people from California, Washington, Oregon that I that I had spoke to, So it seemed like there's more of those type of people than there was locals.
Speaker 2: So it was kind of interesting.
Speaker 4: But people trying to get into local markets. You know, people here will go to Ohio or go to New York, right, I think I want Well, I also wonder if maybe it's written like that, so maybe people can't have like open consumption events like we do here. They can just only have like little drinks and go to bars. And that's like as far as you can really do it, And that was how they wanted to maintain it kind of control.
Speaker 2: There's always been not always.
Speaker 4: Our events here, like I mean, especially your event. That whole thing was smoked out. I've never seen the crow.
Speaker 5: But like that the reason the recent question is liked how yeah did they care?
Speaker 4: Did anything care about it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 6: He was like encouraged, like there was like because it was it really was like completely smoke's fact, there were local politicians that were there. Oh really yeah, like very local, like you.
Speaker 4: Know there's but there's some people in Pontiac that are open about I met someone at the hashbash last year. He was like a Pontiac official and he's like, no, I'm very supportive of this.
Speaker 2: Because very pleased.
Speaker 5: Like the police, like apparently the like drove by a few times and they just didn't like they were good.
Speaker 4: But there was no there's no pan a cops, there's open County. There's no pony cops anymore those years ago. Yeah, they're just open County. So I thought that's I remember I was here for the transition. They weren't. I don't know, just it makes senseless to say, but no, it's funny. No, it's just funny. They know that's open County was cool with it two. So that's pretty sweet because especially with the SEA, I mean, licensing wasn't so cool with events in the beginning. Now I feel like since the CIRA kind of like let their loose a little bit, everyone's kind of been like, all right, just well there they're making money for the city.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you're not solid.
Speaker 4: You're also doing an event in the city. You know, you're bringing money here, You're bringing people, they're paying for parking. Well, I guess you got free parking, but you're bringing money to the city. No, that's what I'm saying. It's like there's money coming to the city.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: That's why I was realizing we didn't pay for parking, but you didn't, I.
Speaker 5: Say, like, but no, it's important that money is still like circulating.
Speaker 4: That's why why would they stop that. Panya doesn't necessarily it's not like it used to be here. Actually, when it was like the arts, beats and eats still here, it was least had that money coming in, they would fix thing, they would do things here. Ever since then, man, that was like the worst thing they could ever.
Speaker 3: I think they're tearing down the Phoenix Center too. Yeah, I think they're tearing that.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, no, I heard. I heard it.
Speaker 2: So it'll be sweet.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of opportunity there and it's uh, that's it's a really good venue.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: We have both of them opened the upstairs and everything like it's.
Speaker 4: You filled it out too. It was a really good well and now I'm excited to see it. Hopefully weather holds out. And it's really nice because that would be cool to add the outside.
Speaker 3: Do because a lot of events are in Detroit based.
Speaker 4: You can smoke outside as well too, I imagine, right, Yeah, I figured to figure it's cool it's just cool.
Speaker 5: There's always the consideration being able to get a tent out there to just in case. But it's like a kind of a weird patio area.
Speaker 2: It's not like necessarily like he it's not that big.
Speaker 5: No, facilitates people moving around a lot better like not it's crammed halls.
Speaker 4: And then also if people do smoke cigarettes, cigarettes, it's always nice for those people, you know, war weather events are always the best.
Speaker 3: I love the word weather coming in.
Speaker 4: It is an age of vaping so so much, so much, small, so much. Only the cool people from just getting just looks so cool. I'm just Joe cool, all right, I'm sorry, joke, but no, it's the thing. I mean, no, it's really cool that like the Crowfoot's doing this because it's just showing you and they and honestly just everything's okay because it's just the advanced man. I wish they would do more things in honey, you know.
Speaker 3: I wonder if I'll see more and more other people want to throw events at the crow Foots. It to take time, though, you gotta build up the event, like you you did what to at hot box?
Speaker 5: I did to a hot box and then yeah, then I shifted over here, and this was like, what the consideration of one of my first events to do it at and we would not have been able to fill it the first time, you know, to learn that that's really just really good timing a thing too.
Speaker 4: But you throw an event, you know, more in the mouth caued people more want to go, and you just keep doing that. You know, every everyone tells another person, you keep just doubling your size. You know, it's kind of how it goes.
Speaker 3: Did you do a raffle at one of them?
Speaker 2: I have done?
Speaker 5: Uh so the metro mat had like a costume contest. That's a contests that at the contests that I've had, well, but we've done raffles at the other too.
Speaker 4: You know, you want to hear a funny story. We never told anyone about this. I want to talk about this. This is funny because this is kind of stupid and this is hilarious. How you were about to say it. I didn't think you're okay, so I thought he wasn't gonna but no, for me, you're your event. We literally we literally did. I didn't want to dress update, like, no, let's just dress up. We had these costumes. Fine, I put them on, and we walk up and I could see like the entrance, like the where everyone was at like through the back, and no one were in costumes. Like, dude, I'm not wearing this costume. I didn't want to wear it. He wanted to, and how I literally took mine off and then I can't he took his off because I took my off. So we literally were about you. And then I was like, nah, man, I just I don't know.
Speaker 2: I was sorry. There's like a thousand people dressed up.
Speaker 4: I would say it was a younger man. Yeah, that wasn't great.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe the next one. I don't know, Like that was that was weird.
Speaker 5: Like I had my first event, the first Growers Gala, right and like went and I wasn't planning on doing another event until after the.
Speaker 2: First of the year.
Speaker 5: Like I didn't want to butt up with any of the holidays. I didn't want to butt up with Halloween. I didn't want to butt up with uh any other events that might have been going on. But like the feedback that I got like compelled me to put on another one. So I said, all right, let's just copy and pastes, see what we can do. In eight weeks and then the Metric one came the Metric match came about, and yeah, that was that was great. And then uh again, I wasn't planning on doing anything until May, like this coming event, and people were like, dude, you got to get something going.
Speaker 4: And I love events, man, especially during the winter time. We all crave them because there's not that many. So especially because you did a successful one in the cold, like that's that's tough.
Speaker 2: Well, that's why I like the time.
Speaker 5: Like at the timing, I still think was really well because the people were craving something, like they're looking to do something.
Speaker 4: After the new year. And I's think Crowfits also uses infrastructure of events, right. They had coke check, like they have all these things where sometimes these other events they don't write. It's like it's I don't know, it all worked out.
Speaker 2: It was fun. I'm excited.
Speaker 4: So you have the dad bar, you have the food.
Speaker 3: Anything else we're missing.
Speaker 2: That's out there.
Speaker 5: And there's the roller bars, right, have a couple of roll bars going. There may be other boots with rolling going on.
Speaker 3: I don't know exactly how many boots do you are there?
Speaker 5: I think we have like fifteen right now spread between like advanced nutrients.
Speaker 2: See Junkie is going to have a booth, Grimace who they're a newer.
Speaker 4: Brand, but the guy from McDonald's the Purple Grin. Sorry that's what I was like. Yeah, sorry, I'm sorry. I didn't mean like the can of brands, Like, damn it. I'm just like, I don't know that's who I thought. I was a Grimace.
Speaker 5: I can go through the entire list, like there's there's a long list of sponsors that we have, but like we have a lighting company, we have a new shrink company.
Speaker 2: We have brands that are within the with.
Speaker 5: In the licensing like see Junkie and uh Miss Gramma's Guy and uh like wise Guys. Like Wise Guys is constantly supporting. Yeah, so though there are license brands that do still want to showcase their brains. But yeah, I I I you know, I'm not all about the money. Like if it was all about the money, that I'd pack it as hard as I can, with as many tables as I can, and i would sell it as all as much.
Speaker 2: As I can.
Speaker 5: And I'm just not like super interested in that. So if somebody asked me for the smile, like an interest in sponsorship I'll send them the deck. I'll maybe send them one follow up if I don't hear back, and if I don't, then if that's it, Like, uh, it'll come Like I'm prepared to take a loss on all these events, and the fact that I can maybe turn a little profit is great. Uh, what I really like to turn that money into one day is like maybe creating the event venue myself, like having my own venue where you know, I can put on a lot of different events and I could hope other people's events. So you know, there's other things in the works in the long term projection of it. But I also realized that the cannabis industry, like I said earlier, is in a very difficult time right now, and like I realized that there might become some time where it's gonna be tough for to get sponsorship. But I also feel like things like m J Biscon, canna Con, those types of events, So those those like true expos, they're going to become extinct eventually, whether it's just that people are just knowledgeable enough by this time point in time, or they did they just don't want to like spend the time at them, or the companies just don't start seeing the rois like they used to.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean the thing is, when before the consumption events, like before these consumption like almost like you know, business to business business and consumer like consumption events, that's all you had, right for cannabis was these expo So that's where everyone met. And now it's just the culture is in because the culture came from the street and from like the like the the farms and like the people. Like I feel like it's just kind of going back to like that that's casual socialing. And now and you know the internet, you can just reach out to people, set up a meeting, just go meet them rather than wait till m J biscon. Now you want to do international business, you still got a way for m J biscon, Right, you still gotta wait or go to spam bus or go to uh what is it, the one in Berlin or go to these bigger ones, right, different ones, I.
Speaker 3: Should say that.
Speaker 4: But but outside of that, that's why these local events. I feel like, this is where the local people do their business. So why go to not m J biscom. But was it one canna con? Right? They don't me wrong. I like they were nice people. It was great. You can't smoke. That's the one thing I think that's like, you know, the security is a little bit more like, hey, you can't smoke your outside, so it's not like you can have a smoking section like Biscom. Biscond just has a huge smoking sections.
Speaker 2: Well up until like this year, they didn't.
Speaker 3: They had they had it way in the way in the back, was in the front.
Speaker 5: Was advertised because they were like for a couple of years, right Biskuonau. There's a couple years where they're checking your bags and if you had weed, you had to go put that ship back.
Speaker 4: And yeah, that's happening. We just snuck it in and then we once you're once you have it in, they didn't care. That's what made no sense. Then you're smoking the smoketion. Everyone's just like the.
Speaker 5: Smoke section was was created by just us like walking outside by the docks and fucking smoking weed.
Speaker 4: Yeah you know what I mean, Well, that's that's true because the first year we went, there was no like to give people went on blaze. There was people like pretty much talking about trap events all over in Kelly events and like the Cali Plug and then the next year like whatever, then they started like getting you had a badge in to go to the smoking section. I was like, wow, game like a networking bar because they already knew. It's like that's not where that's the deals good different things. If you're a big groan, you're like, hey, we're looking for a trimmer, then you're gonna go get a trimmer. Right, Like there's still business at expos, but they're very very specific reasons.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so expos still have their place at least right now. I'm not saying that they're extinct right now, but you know it's it's possibly that they do over time.
Speaker 3: Essentially kind of in itself in years and what's like it's kind of smaller.
Speaker 2: It's one hundred percent smaller, Like the walls are getting smaller in.
Speaker 5: The shrinking, especially on the cultivation side, Like it's like like really shrunk down this you're going out there, events going out. Yeah, so like there's still a lot of business is still written at Biscon.
Speaker 4: And that's how I said for certain it's like business to business, but it's more specific. Right, you don't really get that like hang out VI. It's like if you're looking for something you can get it's but.
Speaker 5: You put out a good after party, and that's where the trend is head and that's what like, that's why it's like talking about regionalizing some of these things is like learning the laws of the dudes and don't sell these different areas and then like trying to capitalize on capitalize the wrong word, trying to throw an event in a spot where there's tons of people within there.
Speaker 4: Was hundreds of events in Vegas for Biscon. You don't even need to go to the conference, Like honestly, we were talking like why have we been here, like like we don't just to get a couple of interviews, but outside of that, like more stuff was in the events.
Speaker 5: And that's that again is reflected in how corporate that Biscon feel is right like culture and it's like it costs like six figures for a booth where you could like come to like my event, and you're paying fucking less than ten grand I can guarantee you like and you still get exposure of your brain and a lot of people and a lot of brands. So that's where I'm like, maybe that's where it shifts, is like there's gonna be more emphasis in these after parties could because that's where people want to go and be and consume like nobody, Like I don't know when I when I used to go to biscon Is as an attendee, like I would go, I'd have my set agenda. I knew who I wanted to talk to if like back in the day when I was going, it was what breakout sessions I wanted to listen to because I'm like trying to become a better girler at this time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the first couple of years, I think.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then you lose value in that overtime and I started seeing like there's no reason for me to go into those anymore. And then it was like very specific reasons that I was going. And when I'm walking those events and like going to see the people that I'm going to see, I don't necessarily want to be stopped by a salesman that's like.
Speaker 2: Hey man, what do you do? Like yeah, I'm.
Speaker 5: Like, dude, Like I got my agenda, Like just I'm kind of I'm a little bit uh social anxiety, Like I don't necessarily want to talk to people all the time.
Speaker 2: Like I can't eat at my events.
Speaker 5: I'd be like putting all this money for all this food, but I can't eat any of it. It's like my my stomach shrinks up like the day of And yeah, that sounds similiar.
Speaker 3: You probably eat it's over though.
Speaker 4: We struggle with anxiety, man, especially when it's like I get it.
Speaker 5: But yeah, that's where like it's like, hey, maybe these are heading into a different direction where we can like smoke a joints together and talk about like what we're like you like the kid, like the true people and like your true identities out. You know, it's not just like wearing this mask of business person for the day.
Speaker 4: Right, And that's that's exactly what it is. It's like you just can't be as one hundred percent. So it's like I just don't feel like as much real work gets done.
Speaker 5: And that's why it's like it's important to come with these things and if I can make them feel organic and make them like surrounded with a bunch of people who care and like to have good times and share, like, then we're gonna all have success and be able to keep continuing doing these things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you never know who you're gonna run into too at your events. Like I'll give a quick shout out. It's the metric match where we met Clay, our new partner smoking tomatoes.
Speaker 2: Awesome, so it's got value.
Speaker 3: He actually came up to us and I don't even know how we we've.
Speaker 4: He's been in the chat before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, but we did never hear and.
Speaker 4: Again shout out to smoking tomatoes Yeah.
Speaker 3: Shouts all the part.
Speaker 4: Dairy du.
Speaker 3: Yeah, shout out to Lost Coast, Plant Therapy, Kinship, Cannabis co Old School Organics, Cannopy Extracts, High nine and smoking tomatoes there. So like you find value at those events. And it's like we were just smoking, smoking, shoot and the ship talking and.
Speaker 4: That's how it gets done. That's how you meet people. Yeah, that's how you can't just I think sometimes you know, you can send a pitch deck, but meeting people in networking and connecting more.
Speaker 5: So getting to like past the expiration date for me to continue to break that ceiling. I need to make sure that everybody has value going right. Everybody has an ROI return on investment for being there. That's the attendee and that's the sponsor. I want to make sure that each side has uh true. Like like I said, I don't mean be redundant of value. And in going to these these events not just to party and have a good time, but also to better themselves in their business relationships are they're where they're trying to take theirselves in their.
Speaker 4: Career because you have to do both at events right for the businesses, you have to create that networking community that they can feel like their brain was represented and got a lot of attention. Where it's like the other people have to feel like they had fun and got some freebies and hang got you know, and then that it's kind of like a you know, got to kind of find that balance, and I feel like you've done that because I really enjoyed that. People were like, hey, would you like some free wax in a pre roll? I was like, oh yeah, Like I was like, I guess pleas.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 5: That was like one of those special things to me. Like I was like, I love the nineteen twenties and like that era.
Speaker 4: That's kind of what you're going for, right.
Speaker 2: It's a cigarette girl like the cigarettes the clubs. No, we already want that one, wow? Did we?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Really?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 5: The doughnut girls or the cigarette girls would walk with all the different like cigarettes and cigars, cigarettes, you know, right, I'm like, how can I do that?
Speaker 2: But like weed, Yeah, yeah, it's cool. That was good.
Speaker 3: Is it hard to try to cater to everybody when you're set up these events?
Speaker 2: Do you think I can't cater everybody?
Speaker 4: You kind of just gotta do the best can and something it's gonna be like it was too loud, it was too quiet, like all right.
Speaker 2: Whatever, you have to just accept and like even.
Speaker 4: Events for so long, I get it. I mean I only do audio visual, but I hear, you know, from the people throwing events, and I'm like, yeah, man, it's like the same shit. You know, everyone's like it's too cold, it's too hot, it wasn't enough air, there's too much air. Why am I chill everyone?
Speaker 2: I don't know if.
Speaker 5: Every one person that complains, there's been two hundred and fifty more that have said positive things, So like that's.
Speaker 4: Just a matter myself.
Speaker 5: That's because that gets that like speaks the loudest in your brain and they continue to. But you can't forget the people that are like, hey man, that this is fucking amazing, Like what you're doing is awesome, and like that speaks fucking everything to me. Like I'm not, like I said, I don't care about the money. I care about people having a good time and like relationship building, like the same thing with advanced nutrients. When I'm with them, I'm fortunate enough that I get to tour other girls and meet other growers and see how they do it, and some of them help and others like they helped me, Like I'm learning from them. So willing to learn too, willing to learn about the relationship building, like being able to be able to culture a positive relationship basis.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's where we're going to.
Speaker 5: Be with these events too, and like we try to have a good time, bring everybody in. I have like just flood them with as much free shit as possible because we can't sell anything there.
Speaker 4: Like not that I but oh that almost gives an advantage though too, because it's like you know, for them, it's just mart they write they either they I don't know if they can't write it off, like I don't they can, but it's a loss to them. It's some sort. I'm sure they can consider it a loss. It's marketing for them. It's just for you. Then there's no issues with like legalities. It's super easy this way, and everyone else gets free stuck. That's like I say, it almost feels like it's a win win for everyone. I feel like it's given away because when you're selling it. If people go there for vendor fees, I've seen people get really mad if they don't make their money back, you know what I mean at the at the you know, because I've played campus events before and I don't always like yeah, yeah, they're just different ways to look at it. Investments versus profits.
Speaker 2: Marketing, Yeah, these are marketing events.
Speaker 3: People are there, like you should have people there that bullshit, none of.
Speaker 4: I'm not used to it. Dave's usually like right on the money, but I mean there is value.
Speaker 3: You just got to get your brands out there like these are something marketing needs to happen for some of these brands when it's tough out there. And I think if you get in front of five hundred, six hundred, seven hundred people, that's a lot of people that could look at or try your product or build a relationship with You're like, hey, I can get products to you at the store where you can try it or give them something like huge.
Speaker 4: You got to invest in your brand because putting your you know that it shows value to your brand too. You know, if you don't value, and then no one knows who you are. It's like why why would they invest in you if you don't. So sometimes it's it's a it's a it's a full circle thing with more investment in marketing and everything. That's why I say, man, but these events are I think more powerful because the consumer wins. They feel like they win more, so that's what they get to go home and they're like, woll I'm gonna try this brain out because I got free stuff from them, so I might as well try them this one or two times. So it's like I'm sad I sell. They may give you a pre roll or a joint or like a dab or a Grandma wax, but you may go buy a couple more later, you buy an eighth or a quarter or so.
Speaker 5: These events, aren't you? Like public events like that? I typically the public.
Speaker 4: Well I really I didn't know how that worked. If something got he'll reach out to you.
Speaker 5: So like yeah, sure, pastor like a like pastors get fucking past around. But in order to get the pastor to get the invite, typically I would like people to ask me, like most people are all right, So they got all the brands that get on the banner pretty much. For the majority of them anyways, are like friends and people that I've been in the industry forever, and I'll send them the initial invite, and we invite those groups. A lot of them are their employees and they'll maybe have a couple exture for some friends or something like that. And again I'm not ignorant to the fact that maybe the password gets passed around a little bit. But for the most part, people that hit me up for a ticket, my first question of them is, how are you involved in the industry?
Speaker 2: Like that's they say, Hey, I want to take it. I need ticket. I hate to be that need ticket, that's all they say.
Speaker 4: Well, some people, it's like, because you don't want to people there just for the money grab, right, you want to involve the industry who actually want to try some or even.
Speaker 5: We don't have we don't sorry, we don't have like tons of room, right, we don't have thousands of people for this event. Like there's like there and there's a lot of people in this industry. So that's I like, I would like to give them that initial screening of like, hey, like, how how are you involved? Hey, I'm a bud tender at x y Z. Hey I am a grower over here, or hey, my friends told me about this. I'm like, yeah, but like that with your friend. Or it's like if they're like, hey, my friend is fucking x y Z and I'm like, all right, that checks out?
Speaker 4: Try right, okay, yeah no, And that's I appreciate the vetting service though, because it kind of like you said, like sometimes when it's just hey, it's free, sometimes you get everyone just going there for a weed grab and it's cool for the first hour or so. Then everyone's gone, yeah, right, Like when everyone's kind of involved in the industry, they're more patient, willing to say a booze, Hey, I actually want to try this hash, I actually want to try these week Oh I've been mean to talk to that person. Oh I remember that person, So.
Speaker 2: I worked with that person, like you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Like then the conversations will happen better because I think sometimes you will get those I've been to weed grab events, don't me wrong. I get it you should. Those open invite ones are cool, but then a lot of times people are just there. What can I give free? I can't get really leave like.
Speaker 5: I'd love to do a public event, and at those events, I would love to be able to provide.
Speaker 2: Us well, so music, I'm going to provide.
Speaker 5: Brand awareness for the cultivators and processors, the guys that are actually getting it done, and like having an event where public is invited, but there's a lot more that goes into that, because like that would I would want to have like ticket sales for that one, and sure you can like invite people to buy tickets, sure, but like I can't go and advertise or I don't want to anyways right now, but at this type of event, like I'd want to like go on the riff and fucking advertise on the rift or go on a billboard or something like that and like really get it like a good draw because this is like these people are the people that would pay money to go to a dispensary. So like bringing those people into an event where they have and then giving all those brands like exposure and that type of event in a very affordable way. That would be like I think a pretty impactful like public style event one hundred percent.
Speaker 4: And then just what you're saying you have to do added, there's just levels to marketing and you have to kind of do more the bigger going, especially if you do music and outdoor events, your stage rental or security, there's ems there's so many other things that like bigger and bigger events have to deal with.
Speaker 3: So it's like and like let's get back get down to it.
Speaker 5: Like the Growers Gal the first one that I threw August last year, was literally supposed to be a celebration of growers, like and my my goal was like to only invite growers and then I'll get other companies the sponsor around it. But like the invites are growers and there's like two hundred people there, Like it was a very small event.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 2: It was a bunch of fucking homies.
Speaker 5: It works, but like that was like the initial idea and set up for these events is like to celebrate the workers within the industry and like doing so uh not Like and buzz zunders are great, they're also invited.
Speaker 4: Uh you're being more inclusive though not just to growers. Now you're kind of inviting You're involved, come on down.
Speaker 5: There was already the bud Cender Appreciations IE aware of events, and I'm like, why aren't they celebrating anybody else? Like the growers, like the dudes that like fucking nobody would be here without right, like the plant that's my that's my favorite.
Speaker 3: I love that thank you thank.
Speaker 2: You event organically too.
Speaker 3: Literally no, literally, without the growers, there's no industry.
Speaker 2: There's no industry. So continue. Sorry.
Speaker 5: So the goal was to celebrate them, and then we grew and we got a little bit bigger, and now we can celebrate them on a higher scale. Well, I was some kind of cool giveaways for this one.
Speaker 2: I'm looking forward to the giveaways.
Speaker 3: We're coming up to an hour already, so I'll ask you one more question. Do you have Do you have anything that we didn't mention about the event? What make sure we covered everything? I know we talked about talk a lot.
Speaker 4: I don't know, man, No, just recap I mean was the day? I mean just I guess let's give a real quick recap the overview of the day at the time.
Speaker 5: So May one, it's actually like less than two weeks from now, uh seven pm. Doors vendors have four for checking contributors coming into like five thirty six o'clock if they're contributing like product to be handed out. Yeah, doors at seven party.
Speaker 3: Post to eleven he said, right, goes to eleven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there won't be any music.
Speaker 4: Crow foot there and just vibe.
Speaker 5: First one hundred people like get uh it's in that will be There will be mini donuts in there, like it's not just the film an empty pack, they will filled dots.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, I'll be there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll be there too.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a good time. If you didn't go to the last ones, be there. Check out Michigan Matt all this stuff.
Speaker 3: Yea, at least were coming back on it.
Speaker 4: If you're going, I was a bust.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it. Pring back. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Give a quick shout to the partners again to make this possible. Lost Coast Plant Therapy, kin Chip, cannabis co Canaby extras, old school organics, high dide. It's smoking tomatoes.
Speaker 4: And it feels weird because we're not asking him the last question. But we've already asked you the genie question.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, that's why I was like, that's why.
Speaker 2: Ask it again and we'll see if I come up with a different answer.
Speaker 4: All right, all right, so there's a genie, that's your question.
Speaker 2: That's why I have one more questions.
Speaker 4: So Genie comes out of the open up your you open up this mini pre Roald thing, and then a genie comes out and one wish on the canvas industry, what would it be?
Speaker 2: Longevity? I wonder if it is look at how much that I guarantee it's different.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's something because there's always something evolving in this industry. It's never gonna be over.
Speaker 5: But longevity as far as like, uh, not a big necessary corporate takeover happening, and that that kind.
Speaker 2: Of pushes all the guys that brinded the band. The industry happened happened.
Speaker 3: Uh, that's kind of what I couldn't agree more.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, especially with like when they were trying to raise that tax. It's like you're you're stabbing people. They need to make their money, Like this industry is not that survival as is.
Speaker 3: We need to make a lot of ever taken the risks when it was illegal to be legal, and then you're just coming in here with the money and you're like, all right, he's the should be.
Speaker 2: Here ever going to happen and there was a employee for something else.
Speaker 4: That's just how politics politics, Yeah exactly has been saying well all right, well Matt, we'll see at the event. Everyone else you know. Hopefully you'll be there if you're listening. If not, you know, get in there early next time.
Speaker 3: This year recap and as always Grea, We're here to advocate, educate, and inspire to next time you on Bay, so you