Speaker 1: Welcome to the Gods I View Podcast. I am your host, Trevor. Everything sounds different, so hopefully the audio is coming through. Okay, got to start the show off with my routine disclaimer about the ghosts that live inside of my microphone. The settings look the same anyway, have a very exciting show lined up for you, guys, a unique show. Here's the situation. I'm gonna start you off with some personal anecdotes, hit you with the request for some advice, some much needed advice, a plea for advice, and then we're going to go into a continuation of the very long interview between Thomas Campbell and AJ Genteel. Hold on, I gotta let my dog out. If you guys, If you guys don't remember who Thomas Campbell is, He's a you know, former NASA scientist, physicist guy who basically believes that, you know, we are living inside of basically what amounts to a very realistic video game. I don't think you. I don't think you could have just heard what which is, hopefully you didn't hear what my son just said to me.
Speaker 2: He said, I have to go poop, but you're gonna have to wipe my butt.
Speaker 1: The life of a professional, professional podcaster. To make things even more ridiculous, I've positioned the microphone and in my computer in the kitchen so that while the clips are playing and I'm muted, I can cook my kids dinner. So I'm a renaissance man. I'm the modern man. I am the archetype, the modern Leonardo da Vinci. I've literally I painted today. I am Leonardo. I wrote today my wife. This is really how you know I'm a modern man. My wife is currently competing in a Pokemon tournament. She might win a thousand dollars. She's five and oh right now, it's going to be a wild episode. It will be a miracle if we get through it. But as of right now, this is scheduled to be a long episode. I want to start off with some personal personal issues. Personal issues. There we go. That sounds better, Personal issues that I think will be relevant to you all. I hope, I hope they'll sort of resonate with some of the challenges I'm dealing with. I used to be hyper obsessed with being successful, and I don't know if it was really success I wanted. I just liked the freedom and the creativity associated with being an entrepreneur. I remember being like seven or eight living in Michigan with my mom and my stepdad, and they purchased a you know, five dollars pepper plant, a Kyan pepper plant, cayenne pepper plant, and it was in our kitchen. There's a big window. It was there, and I saw these peppers growing and I'm like, oh my god, this is a gold mine. What am I doing? What are we doing?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: This is it? This is the answer.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: We were kind of not in like a crazy way, but you know, just everyone's always a little financially insecure, you know. So I'm like, this is it. This is our ticket out of here to the big time. And I had this idea. I was going to be called the Pepper Palace and we were going.
Speaker 3: To serve.
Speaker 1: I don't know what my kids are doing, good lord. We were going to serve you know, all sorts of spicy dishes and there'd be like a pepper tree farm on the property. And I had it all planned out. Now, as you might suspect that that didn't go anywhere, But throughout my life, I was just always I was obsessed, obsessed with how people made money, like our neighbor was a snap on tool salesman. I was like, oh, that's interesting. Our other neighbor owned a he was our rich the rich guy in the area. He owned a like Mike and Sons lawnmower repair shop, you know, and he was like the rich guy in town or in our neighborhood. Just been obsessed with it. And then you know, I kind of decided, you know, partly some influence from my dad, like yeah, business is cool, but go to school kind of a thing. And so I picked a career that seemed like really like a fool proof way to make like ninety to one hundred thousand dollars a year with minimal schooling, and that was to be a physical therapist. Anyway, I ended up hating it, switched careers, didn't do it professionally, but you know, during school, I built a boards because it's hard to pass boards, a board prep website, and I wrote a three hundred question test and hundreds of quizzes and one on one tutoring, and you know, made a little bit of money, a few thousand bucks or whatever. Abandoned it, started a wedding photo booth business with my wife. We would build these giant backdrops. Get in our one thousand dollars Ford Expedition drive all over southern California to be treated like the help by you know the people. You know, Nixon Library, this library, these gardens, this mansion, this beach, this that big floral thing in San Juan Capistrano, and lots of places in North County, San Diego, Orange County. Somehow, all these businesses involved tons of work, and I never make any money. Gave up on that. It's gone done. I don't even remember the reasons my wife started a business. Now, I might be the common denominator of failure here because my wife's business almost made it actually was really incredible. We had a big warehouse, three thousand square foot warehouse. Keep in mind, we're both working full time during all of these stories I'm telling. And she had her product in two hundred stores nationwide, and we were floating palettes and shipping them out. COVID happened. We just couldn't make it work. You know, all of our customers were retail stores, so they all shut down, and online sales were minimal. So we had three thousand a month warehouse rent and all this we were doing all the work ourselves. But that just folded done around the same time I got into fire. This is embarrassing. I think it's just because I hated my job so much. Listen, there's a reason for this long story.
Speaker 3: Bear with me.
Speaker 1: I just hated my job so much. I'm so miserable. I was like, I have to get out of this, and to me, the only escape seemed to be a business, because like I spent so much time in school, Like the idea of going back to school seemed ridiculous. It felt like admitting defeat. At this time, I was in healthcare administration and hating it with the passion felt evil every day in my life. And so then I was like, oh, real estate, real estate, that's my whole life. People always sy in real estate's the way to go. Real Estate's the way to go, and you know it probably is, honestly, But so basically got into like slum lording, not really, but kind of like basically buying property for like fifty thousand dollars. I remember I bought a duplex for fifty thousand, a nicely property, not in a great area about of triplex abot this, but that all bad neighborhoods fix them up. You know, I felt like I was doing good work because we were improving the properties, taking good care of them. I didn't really like to gouge people. We found this This is I don't know if I want to tell this story. Hold on almost like Nash, give me one second, okay, Bun, I need to get to a reasonable stopping point before I can play a clip. We met like a property manager girl who was giving us insanely good deals on repairs like new water heater two hundred bucks, like paint the whole house three hundred bucks, Like I just didn't understand it. Well, it turned out she was I didn't even know this word at the time. She was polyamorous. Not attractive, mind you, she was polyamorous. She and she would become boyfriends with tradesmen. So she was like hooking up with a dry waller, hooking up with a painter, a plumber, an electrician. She had like a stable of dudes with skills that she was sleeping with. And it turns out that's why we were getting such good deals, because they were like doing it for her for free, which is insane, Like this is an insane story. This is something that's like only happens on Seinfeld or something. Anyway, one of her her bows, one of her men. I think the painter left a floor heater or you know, electric room heater plugged in overnight and it burned a house down. And the house was only fifteen thousand dollars, so we didn't get insurance on it because we were expecting to fix it up and flip it in like two months, just like paint it, fix the plumbing, and replace the crappy electrical burned down, so we're out fifteen thousand cash. Then COVID happens, all of the tenants stopped paying, try to sell, can't sell everything at a loss, ended up losing money. Every business I've ever done, I've lost money. So here's here's I gave it, basically gave up because then I got fired from my job right after that for reasons we've already discussed. So I just I finally had the ambition beaten out of me. It's like I'm done, I'm broke. So anyway, I figured out I managed to get into this new career which I actually really legitimately enjoy. But the lately I said, I just find myself like I want, I want to do more things. You know, I'm loving medical research. I feel like I'm having a positive impact. But I don't know. I want to like, I want to have a community, you know. I want a business or an organization or just something, just something where we're doing something, not slumlording, something good, something good for the world. You know, I don't know. So so this is my call, this is my plea. Give me some ideas. This is a ridiculous place. Maybe you have an idea, Maybe you need money, hit me up. That's a crazy thing to say on the internet. Ninety nine percent chance I will not be giving anyone any money. But you never know. We just got to got to talk. We've got my core. There's a core one hundred people that listen to the show. Some some episodes will get like five hundred downloads or a thousand, and it's because I put Diane Pasolka's name in the title or something. But there's about a one hundred of you who are a title agnostic. You listen to every episode. This to me means you're open minded and you're intelligent because you can entertain different ideas, sometimes contradictory ideas, and just think about them, like you just enjoy thinking. So I'm appealing to you, you Core one hundred. I need a name for you. I need a good name for you, whoever you know who you are. Just give me some ideas. Maybe I don't even need It's not I don't really need care about making money, so I was wrong to say business. I just I need something, a group, a mission, you know. Till then we'll just stick to trying to figure out the nature of reality in life itself. And with that, I'm gonna play the clip.
Speaker 4: Against one more break. You've explained the big Toe a million times. I'm not gonna ask you to do it, but going into the break, maybe one sentence, what's what's the big theory of everything?
Speaker 3: Big theory of everything is based on consciousness being fundamental, and that means and the consciousness is an information system. Reality is information no more. There's nothing more real than information. And what that means is that this physical reality that's here is information that we are interpreting to be this physical stuff. Just like your World of Warcraft, your SIMS or whatever other virtual ated game you play, you get information. You light up a million pixels on your monitor. You look at those million pixels of light. Each one only has three things. It's it's color, its brightness, and its position. That's all. You get those three things for a million particles. You look at all those pieces of light and you say, oh, there's a river, there's a stream, there's my barbarian, there's you know whatever, there's my car. I got to get in to go to work, you know, and hey, I.
Speaker 1: Just spend on you for rend nice. Now I can instantly spend it whether I'm checking out online with Vimo. Sorry about that. I was managing chicken nuggets. Let's see, let's try to skip this aud bear with me.
Speaker 3: If you see it was of all of plasma set.
Speaker 4: Right, what's there for you in terms of demo dobt me slash that's t bimo check out not available with all merchants. Vemo MasterCard is issued by the bank or bank NA, and.
Speaker 3: Yeah it seems. But anyway you get that information and that stuff you see is what's there for you. So you know, the guy slides beer down, you know, down the down the bar in the SIMS game and if nobody catches it, it slides right off the end, glass breaks, slops, makes a mess. Because that's part of the rule set, right, and the rule set says, you know, there's gravity, there's this that they're trying to mimic the our physical world with the rule set, and we have the same thing. We have a rule set. That rule set was started with the you know, it was a all of plasma, high temperature, high pressure. And when the run button was hit, time started ticking and the initial conditions changed according to the rules. We call that the big bang. I call it the big digital bang. All happened?
Speaker 1: Do you guys see why I'm I'm playing this now. I know you're probably listening and you're like, well, obviously, Trevor, this is where you get your ideas about stuff. I promise you that's not true. I promise you that's not true. Now, I will admit I became aware of Thomas Campbell while writing my book. The book was based done, and then I added a chapter that was basically about him. But this is I sort of arrived at these conclusions before I ever really listened to him, and my only exposure to him was one Joe Broken episode. Now I feel like I should say he is not necessarily like on paper, the world's most credible person. Like, yes, he did work at NASA, and yes he did work in missile defense, and yes I believe he does have some formal training in physics. I don't know what that is, a PhD or what, but still, I mean there is you know, with all due respect to people with PhDs, I'm one of them, it doesn't really mean that much, Like you don't actually really know that much. After you get a PhD. A subset of people who get PhDs will spend the rest of their lives doing signs, rigorously participating in peer review, writing papers, publishing papers, submitting grant requests, doing experiments, running a research lab. You know, people who've been doing this for thirty years. These are like highly credible people. Now again, I'm not like a credentialist guy, you know obviously because you guys listen to the show. But I do feel like I do have to give that disclaimer. Now that said, just listen to the ideas on their own, like let them stand or follow their own merits.
Speaker 3: In a computer. So this whole reality evolved, and it was evolved to be a place for consciousness to evolve in you evolve my making choices. Consciousness is nothing more than awareness with a choice simple definition of consciousness. You have awareness, and that awareness can make choice. Now by choice, of course, I mean.
Speaker 1: Oh no, what is going on with my podcast player? This is not good, This is not acceptable. Now would have been the good time to talk about my entrepreneurial issues. All right, we're at an hour thirty one fifty eight. I'm gonna close the app and reopen. Help me remember mentally transmit this number to me from the future, because this isn't live back in time to me use your quantum energies. What did I say?
Speaker 3: An hour?
Speaker 2: An hour thirty one fifty eight? Okay, our thirty one fifty eight. Okay, we're gonna hit play awareness.
Speaker 1: But okay, I think I might know why this show is not popular. What a ridiculous show this has been so far today. Okay, we're back that the app is running. I've pitched you all. I hope I've gotten your gears turning about my vague need for I don't know, to build a community. I don't know this is what everybody wants, isn't it? Like like minded people working towards some goal a tribe. So I don't know, I don't know what that looks like. But I'm counting on you, my core one hundred, to have some good ideas. All right, we're back.
Speaker 3: Let's listen with a choice. Simple definition of consciousness. You have awareness, and that awareness can make choice. Now by choice, of course, I mean a free will choice. If there's no free will, there is no choice. So you have awareness, free will choice. If you have those things, you know, that's consciousness, and that the system then evolved into this physical universe and give us opportunities to make choices, meaningful choices, life and death choices, choices toward love, choices toward fear. We make choices toward love, carrying, sharing, and all of that, we end up evolving our consciousness forward. Yeah, increasing the quality of our consciousness. If we make fear based choices so centered choices is all about me, what's in it for me, then we de evolve our consciousness. So this is a big enterpre reduction trainer that we're in.
Speaker 1: This is where he loses me a little bit. Now, I like the idea, I just you know, these different things he's saying have different degrees of like evidentiary support for them, you know, And when he starts to kind of like speculate about the reason for things. It's like, I don't know, I don't really like that as much, even though I speculate all the time. I think he should make a distinction, you know, because there there is some reasonable like both empirical evidence, but also just like you know, philosoph you know, philosophical thinking things through that sort of that's a weird way of saying it, but sort of supports this idea, and he'll he'll make he'll kind of propose some sort of quote unquote like proofs. Now they're not like mathematical proofs or empirical proofs, but more philosophical proofs. Like just just said, the way physics works seems like seems like these are rules inside of a creative system what you might call simulation or whatever you want to call it.
Speaker 3: Learn to become love, make good choices, be helpful, be caring. And that's why it's here because without it, there was just a bunch of pieces of consciousness like in a big chat room, and there was no traction, really not any big meaningful things to do that made a really big difference to anybody. But here we got a rule set, and that rule set defines energy exchanges between everything and everything else, which means we're all interactive. What I affects what other people do, and what they do affects other people. And it's just this big miss match of people making choices, and we make choices for each other. And that's the whole point of being here, is to grow up and make your choices low entropy, high quality choices toward being love. So that's what it's all about, all right.
Speaker 4: When we come back, we'll learn about entropy and whether you're an NPC or not, we'll find out, good question. In two thousand and three, you finished the Earth eight hundred page home and sent it out to what eight hundred physicists? What came back?
Speaker 3: Well, I not to that many, but I did finish this book, and actually the first copy was almost a thousand pages. It's down to eight hundred something. I think they made it Fond a little smaller and the Margians a little smaller. They've got more on it. But anyway, I sent it out to about forty or fifty people that I thought would be really interested. I send it to people who were into artificial intelligence.
Speaker 4: Back in two thousand and three.
Speaker 3: Yeah, back in two thousand and three something, MI t I think there were you know, artificial intelligence people. I sent it out to physicists, I sent it, sent one out to you know, the guys who made the Down the Rabbit Hole movie. I sent it to most of those people, and I sent it to Edward Fredkin physicists to published a couple of papers on this being of virtual reality. I sent it to everybody I could think of that might you know, see it as it was interesting. Anyway, I can't think of the guy's name, but anyway, his assistant is go Getter. Came after me, and he wasn't really very nice, and he basically ordered me to send him two books for free. So I did. Okay, I was more interested in that have a lot of you going, and I was more interested in getting the books out. But that was the end of it. So they liked it enough that they needed to more. I gave him two more but I never heard another word from its. The only thing I got back was that somebody needed to more books for free. So that was very disappointing. I thought, well, people will read this and they'll say, oh, yeah, this is you know, this comes to the same conclusions that I've been kind of it, But it actually gives me more detail of how everything works. But it didn't work like that. So then I realized that you don't start at the top and work your way down, which is what I was trying to do. Go to the people who were in and out and more likely to be open minded and let that then get you where you want to go. Didn't work, so I said, no, you start at the bottom. You start with just every day people, and you talk to them, and if you tell them things that are helpful in their life, then they'll come back and want more. And that's when I started a you know, a YouTube and a website, and I had a forum at that time that people could come and talk on, and I spent hours and hours at the forum. I don't, of course do that anymore, but I just started with people and said the people will eventually.
Speaker 1: Should just point out here, I know this is kind of boring right now, it's going somewhere, but I should point out that a friend of the show, Jack was a big time participant in that forum and even interviewed some of the I think the moderators and stuff. So shout out to Jack.
Speaker 3: The physicists kicking and screaming into the future sure. You know, when it gets to be a big enough crowd, then they'll have to listen, But until then they're not interested.
Speaker 4: I mean, this was before Nick Bostroon's trilemma, before Elon Musk was talking about it.
Speaker 3: You were you were first, Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 4: We frustrated or annoyed.
Speaker 3: Boston came along not that far after me. I think we were. We would almost say we were in around the same time.
Speaker 4: But he was more philosophy, give the science.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I didn't really care for his his his arguments. Yeah, okay, you can make those arguments, but I didn't find those very satisfying. You know, I'm I'm a scientist. I want you know, I want arguments based on facts. Well, his argument was that the technology is already the point that things that are animated look real, and at that time there really wasn't goggles and so on when Nick Bostrom did that, But he was just saying, the technology is going to get better where we won't be able to distinguished, you know, if we're in something real or not. And then is this big assumption then well, if we're doing this, then others are doing this too. And if you can simulate reality and we're in a you know, we're not in the oldest part of the universe. There's other things been around a whole lot longer than we have, like a billion years longer than we have. And he was saying that if simulated and real are equivalent, then the probability that we're in a simulation is higher than that we're not. Well, okay, there's some logic in that. Yeah, but this is not a very convincing argument to a physicist.
Speaker 4: What about Elon Musk's argument that this base reality is one in billions?
Speaker 3: Is that, oh, that this base reality, that.
Speaker 4: The odds that this that we're living in, the actual base reality, is one in billions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I would agree with that. The No, that's sort of the same thing. If everybody's out there making simulations and there's they're as good as real, then what's the probability that we are the base reality? Well, that's very unlikely. Again, we don't live an old part of the universe. We live in kind of a mediocre There's another part of the universe that's younger than us, but there's a whole lot of it that's a billion years older than us and a billionaeres is a long Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean I may even be nine or ten billion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just say a billion, that's enough. But yeah, billions of experiens. Yeah. So anyway, yes, you have that logic.
Speaker 1: But am I misunderstanding this point? It makes no sense to me. It's the point that sorry, I'm taste testing dino chicken nuggets that I'm cooking for my kids. Fancy or fancy over here?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: Anyway? Is he saying that because we're not in like that the older parts of the UNIVERSEO might be much more advanced civilizations that produced this simulation, But that doesn't make any sense because we're all in it together. So whatever produces simulation has to exist outside of the universe, Like what what is it? Is there anything in like history that a conceptualization of a being or something a creator like being who exists outside of space and time? Hmmm, I don't know. I don't know why these people are so reluctant to say this, like the obsession with technology and aliens? Like to me, this all points to God, right? Like is that not the much more parsimonious explanation? Like, I don't know. Anyway, let's keep going. Hopefully this is interesting.
Speaker 3: You know that to me is not a real solid argument. It's a it makes it a strong conjecture. But I'd call that a conjecture. You know, if this and if that, then probably this is the way it goes. It's that kind of a thing. It's not a you let go of the rock it falls down, you know, that's a that's a you know, there's not conjecture there, it's a thing. And so this was kind of conjecture based. But yeah, I was at it around that same time, and if I had known, I would have sent John Archibald Wheeler copy. Oh. Yes, but I didn't really know because he was he was there, he already understood that. He just didn't have the he didn't have the tools to develop it because he was really really old and kind of beyond you know, beyond new theories.
Speaker 4: When it from it was kind of late and it was Yeah, so.
Speaker 3: I don't know, he may have been too old and even read it. I'm not sure. But he died then a couple of years later, so he was at the last part of his life when virtual reality became a thing. Yeah, the idea that this is a virtual reality, I basic on two or three things. One the scientists themselves will tell you that this is an information based reality. Not all scientists. A lot of scientists still believe that this physical matter is what's at the bottom. Probably a majority of physicists probably believe that, sure, and non physicists. But all the people who are smashing atoms together and doing that sort of stuff, their own work, their experiments tell them that's not the case.
Speaker 4: I've had them in this room.
Speaker 3: You're right, yeah, that's not the case. And we had a little discussion earlier. But I'll tell your people, and that is that the people who smash these atoms together, if they assume that, say, an electron is a little piece of mass with a charge, they cannot get the right answer. That's where they start from. The way they get right answers, which actually tells them what's going to happen when they smash these particles together, is they assume that an electron is a point with the attributes of mass and the attribute of charge. That's just information. A point with information of attributes is the way you model an electron in a computer. So they know that this is not a physical world, this is an information based world, but they won't take the next step If you take the next logical step, you could say, well, what would that mean that reality is information based? Well, there's only one answer to that, and that is it's computable. Right, computer is an information system, creates information manipulation. This is information based. Then it's computable. Well what does that mean? That is computable? That means that it could be computed. All right, let's say it could be. What are the other possibilities None, there aren't any other possibilities that gives you a computed reality other than and this reality. This reality is computed. So this reality you have to assume that particles are information. They're not really chunks of mass attributes particles with attributes. So if that's the way this reality is, then coming to the giant step of a conclusion that this is a virtual reality is no giant step at all. Is a teeny weeny step, and it takes The reason that they don't take that step is because that step requires courage, because the next thing if you say this is a virtual reality, somebody's going to say, well, who's the programmer? Of course, you know who's the programmer, and you know, why is this reality program? What's the point, what's the purpose? Well, the physicists can't answer those questions, so they don't bing bing.
Speaker 1: That's it, buddy, that is the obvious question. And you know what, everybody knows it. That's why I think like folks who entertain these ideas, even if they are atheists themselves, or you know, oftentimes they'll be like Buddhists or something, they should still be encouraged because I think it's it's tough in a reputation business to like stick to a new idea. Now listen, maybe not for Thomas Campbell, He's making good money off his book, I'm sure, but there are others, and there are other fairly mainstream scientists kind of exploring these ideas, and so they should be lauded. I don't. I don't think it makes any sense to be anti science. There's good people and bad people in every profession, you know what I mean. So I think it's it's brave to entertain ideas like this, and I know where they're going to lead, you know, if they end up being proven true, I know where it goes. It's going to God man like, there is no other explanation, and the critics know it. The people who still insist on you know, a god's eye view, a third person perspective that exists in the absence of us or any creatures. The people who insist on you know that there is such a thing as a smallest indivisible piece of matter, and it is a real thing that exists always. The reason they feel that way is because it is the scientific worldview position. It's like believing in the multiverse. It's like believing in an eternal universe without a cause. This is why Einstein didn't like the Big Bang theory that has supported God. And so the people who don't like these theories, I can almost guarantee you I know their their worldview, their hype, you know, their materialist reductionists, atheists always. I mean, I think it's almost probably almost always true.
Speaker 3: Want to trigger that because then it's I don't know, And of course you don't seem smart when you say I don't know. So they don't go there because they don't have any answers. If they had any answer at all, they'd say, that's outside of physics. You know, we don't we don't do that. If it's not this, it's not about this physical reality, then it's not physics. So it's out of our realm. Now you're in theology or psychology or some other space, but that's outside of physics. So we don't do that. We just deal with this subjective universe. So rather, you know, they don't want to go there, so they just stick quiet. They know that this reality is information based, and you don't have to be very clever to realize there's only one answer to that, and that is that it's computed.
Speaker 4: Tell me about Lawrence Krause and his papers say saying that this can't be a simulation, and then I think you had a rebuttal paper about LCS.
Speaker 3: Right, Well, physicists of every four or five years we get a paper that says this can't possibly be a simulation because they're trying to distance themselves from that because if you're a materialist, that's very anti materialist. So if you're a materialist, and unfortunately, physics has almost become, you know, a religion, materialism has become like a religion to them. It's a very deep based belief that they have a really hard time getting around. So one of the arguments that this couldn't possibly be a simulation is that if you started at the bottom and you simulated you know, you computed all the tiniest particles, and from those you'd make up bigger particles, and from those who make up you know, maybe neutrons and protons and electrons, and from that you make up atoms or atoms, yes, and from atoms you make up molecules. And if you start at the bottom and do all this, which would be necessary of course, otherwise you wouldn't know what was going to happen next, then it's impossible because there's just too many particles and too many things and too many calculations, and the calculation necessary to run reality that way would just be ridiculous.
Speaker 4: That's not how simulations work.
Speaker 3: So that's not how simulations now at all. Nobody does simulations like that, except in very small problems that are well defined. So anyway, that's that's one. And there's another ridiculous thing that they go into. They say that they try to that they know that reality is non local. They know there's things happen that aren't supposed to happen. There's you know, there's entanglement that this changes in a zillion light years away, that changes. So they know these things, so they want to make a physics that can address those they can't, and they can't without being really silly. And one of the silly things is many worlds. Yes, they say, okay, now you know since there isn't anyone in charge, because that's not physics. It has to do so every particle, every particle, So just say every electron in the universe, not just here in the planet Earth, and in the whole universe. If one particle, say an electron, goes from a spin up to spin down, we need a whole new universe where it did. Where did the opposite?
Speaker 4: A whole new universe, not just the opposite, but everything in superposition, Yes, exactly.
Speaker 3: So what happens is that if every time something moves, I raise this arm, there's someplace else that I didn't raise that arm. I raised this arm, and there's someplace else that I did this, and someplace else that I did that, and every one of those me just doing this this, This just spawned off a zillion new physical universes just like this one, but different. And so we have everything that could possibly happen, and the probability.
Speaker 1: Bro If any anybody wants to try to tell me that believing in a creator is like the most ridiculous position you can hold. They've never met someone who believes in the many worlds a solution to the uncertainty principle, well, not to the uncertaining principle, but to superposition the idea that any quantum system can be described by a wave function of probability, and so like each time you observe that system or measure the system, you're sort of doing a draw of the probabilistic outcomes. It implies that when the system is not being measured, it sort of exists in all possible outcomes or is just not rendered into a definite place in time, which is sort of the Copenhagen interpretation, which, by the way, we should remind everyone this is the def I mean the Copenhagen interpretation. That's the default position of physics. So this is not like woo woo stuff. It's only relatively recently that they've been trying to sort of displace the Copenhagen interpretation with these other ideas like many worlds and so anyway, it's it's not crazy. Don't feel crazy if you if this is like if you don't buy the many worlds, no first cause universe, like, it doesn't make any sense. I don't care if it is the consensus.
Speaker 3: That's my database. You see my my database that I talk about. You know, this probable future, that's that really Yeah, And the probable is the future turns into the present of the past. That's that. But they can't do it without creating physical worlds.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't buy it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you shouldn't buy it. I think it's ridiculous. It's just as ridiculous as doing the little particles. And you know, you have to model everything in the universe from the ground up. That's ridiculous. The many worlds is ridiculous.
Speaker 4: Copenhagen interpret work, Copenhagen interpretation is right on, right on.
Speaker 3: Those guys at Copenhaguen and knew what they were doing, and you know every one of those And if any of your listeners want to verify this, I have a I have a video on YouTube called Breakthrough and it starts with Copenhagen and every one of those guys said, consciousness is at the root consciousness. I think it was what plant. You know, you can't get behind consciousness, there's nothing else behind it.
Speaker 1: This was my point in the book, and I had a lot of people sort of have a visceral reaction because in like the sort of fringe community, like the Copenhagen interpretation is sort of treated as like mainstream bs, you know, people are like more attracted to like Tesla ideas. But I don't think that's that's fair at all. The Copenhagen interpretation is like deeply mystical. Tesla actually criticized it criticized. It is basically being woo woo. You know, he said, he said, these guys are metaphysicians, you know, talk about Einstein. Tesla is actually much more I guess what you might call like a materialist. He just but but he saw the world in terms of you know, frequency and vibrations and energy in a way that now looking back, sort of makes him seem like mystical. And I actually think he was probably right about a ton of stuff. I'm not, I'm not. I'm not taking any sides here. My point is just like Copenhagen interpretation, although it is sort of the established interpretation that mainly underlies quantum physics today, it's pretty nuts. It's pretty nuts. So so it's a it's I don't know, it's it's cool though that is still probably the dominant position. Now I called many worlds the consensus position. It isn't. I'm sorry that was incorrect. This is a consensus position among people who really are really taken with atheism, who just really reject the idea of creation. They sort of have to subscribe to the mini worlds theory to avoid the obvious implications that's fundamental.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So they all came to that conclusion, and later physicist said, well, well they just were confused, you know, and they brushed that aside. But they were probably the best physicists, you know, of the twentieth century, still probably the best physicists of the twentieth and the twenty first century. They really had open minds. They could go places that nobody had gone before. They weren't into physicality as a religion. They were just really good scientists and they went where the data took them.
Speaker 4: I think they were the first ones to say that consciousness is what creates matter and not way right.
Speaker 3: Every one of them said conscious is fundamental. Consciousness is at the route matter is derivative from consciousness. But they didn't know how that's possible. You know, we even had Einstein came late to that part, you know, He rejected it at first, but he came late to the party. But there's a letter between him and David Baum, and it says, yes, I know that consciousness has to be at the route, but I don't have any idea how to put that into equations or how to deal with that in any way that makes sense. I know it's true, but I doesn't know what to do with it. And those people never heard of virtual reality, so that was not in their not in their set of possibilities that they could think of. That's true, So they just didn't have a way to Oh, yeah, that could be computed. You know, the computers weren't really available then either, so the ideas of virtu reality and computing were just not available. Otherwise they'd all been right on that, because that would have solved their problem with this being information based reality. So yes, I you know, once you understand that consciousness is fundamental, and you really understand how consciousness works and why it works, then you can understand everything else. You know. That's why I end up with a toe with the theory of everything. If you understand consciousness, everything else comes out of consciousness. Everything else is derived from consciousness. So if you really do understand consciousness by default, without being very clever, you can understand everything else because that's just the way the world.
Speaker 1: I just want to point out that this is not true and like, no no offense to Thomas obviously, but consciousness perhaps provides an explanation.
Speaker 3: For how.
Speaker 1: We interact with this whatever, this is, the simulation, this created universe, whatever you want to call it. Consciousness is a sort of phenomenon that occurs inside of our minds, inside of our brains, and maybe it can exist outside of our brains. I don't know. But the point is there is the information is somewhere, you know. The consciousness doesn't create the information, it renders it, just like your CPU does not create the video game. It renders it. It pulls it out of storage and displays it to you in a way that you can interpret. So saying consciousness is everything is an overstatement. I think it leads to like a collective unconsciousness, like like the you know, the the mind like like that, you know, like a lot of these people who are afraid to use the word god, like a lot of TV shows. You know, that sort of points to like a a bright white light, which is just the source of everything. You know, maybe, but consciousness is not that. Consciousness is the experience we have inside of our heads. And it does seem like when you point to your perceptual field at something, you render it. But the question still is where did that information come from? Where did the system come from that the consciousness is operating within, It's almost as if someone made it. Who exists outside of it?
Speaker 3: Works?
Speaker 4: Let me ask you then, so unifying relativity with quantum mechanics. Everyone asks you about double slit. How does relativity fit in to your theory of everything?
Speaker 3: Well, relativity, one of the main components of relativity is the fact that's the speed of light is a constant.
Speaker 1: Okay, oh no, just as I took a bite, this is like the best part. I just want to play this and we'll be done. So we got to remember one fifty one twenty the speed of light. I had not heard this before, and it actually is a great frickin' explanation. Please mind, the Amateur Hour podcast were normally better than this. Give me one break. Okay, no, you guys give me a ton of breaks.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Anyway, back to the speed of.
Speaker 3: Light worth thing and special relativity, then relativity went general. And when it went general, it basically it took the same kind of things that they had in special relativity but expanded them to include gravity and space time. And then the space time is warped and it causes you know, gravity, it's like balls rolling down in a hole.
Speaker 4: And you're still on board with that.
Speaker 3: No way, well on board, not on board. That is just an idea, it's a theory, it's a concept. Oh, we can describe gravity as stretched space time, well you can. You could also describe gravity as masses all attract each other. Sure, that was Newton's viewpoint, right, All masses attract other masses, and the formula for that is the force between them is ge a gravitational constant time mass one times mass who are divided by the square of the distance between their centers. Yes, okay, and that's what sent man to the moon, you know, that's what MASSA still uses those because that's simpler to deal with. And unless they're doing things that evolve a necessity to get into time dilation and that if they have a real long mission and it's going high speeds, then they have to deal with relativity. But if they're just going to go up in orbit something or whatever. Relativity is not they're not going that.
Speaker 4: Fast that it makes sense timelation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sure they did that. The proof that Einstein was right was they put a caesium clock ye, and it spun it around the Earth a few times on a saturll night and brought it back and sure enough it was a little behind. Then it's partner that it had separated from those and yeah, so they showed that those are really true. You know, the time dilation, the mass goes, you know, the length and tracts and so on with the things going speed. Well, what that little special relativity did is it set all those things out, and it set it out in a way such as you ended up with space time where space had time and its variables. You know, if you have space equals and there's time in that variable and time equals and there's space over there in that variable, that space and time were connected in some way and that cost us space time, right, and then gravity just came out of putting space time warp and change is according to masses and so on. So the key there is the speed of light is a constant. That's the only thing that created the special relativity. Just the speed of light's a constant. Therefore you have the time violation, the mass grown, you have all these things happening just because the speed of light is always a constant, Which means if you have a source of light going half the speed of light and then you turn on a flashlight, you don't get one and a half time to speed light. You just get the speed of light. Yes, and it doesn't matter which way it's going or anything else, it always travels the same speed. So that is the fundamental mystery behind relativity. So all the relativity is kind of driven by that fact. Now, because special relativity was shown to be true, we kind of know that the light that's true, it doesn't go it doesn't speed up, it doesn't slow down. It's either going sea or it's not going anywhere at all. Right, And that's a little odd because we usually think think of particles de accelerating that it's anyway, So light particles are a little different that way. So why is this speed light a constant? It's a virtual reality. In a virtual reality, the highest speed that you can go contiguously, you know, not teleporting around, but just going is one delta x one pixel of distance or one pixel of time. That's it. If you mean every time you update with another pixel of time, then you can't move more than one. If you move two in a pixel of time, you've just teleported, right, You've disappeared here and you've appeared over here. But for contiguous space, that means continuous motion one pixel of distance for one pixel of time.
Speaker 1: I don't know I'm taking with this. This does it for me some maybe some physicists out there. I know there are some. I know there are engineers and physicists who listen to the show because I've emailed with you tell me why this is dumb? Because to me, this is like, this is it, buddy, It's like, oh, man, if only, if only there was experimental evidence that there was such a thing as like a pixel of space and a pixel of time. Well, there are there are these. There are these distances that there simply cannot be divided anymore. It's called a plank length. There are units of time that are the smallest possible units of time. I actually don't know what that's called, but let's call it plank time, you know. And so there is a minimum distance we'll call that a pixel, and a minimum he's calling it a pixel of time. That's probably not the right thing to call it. Like we could call it like a refresh rate or like a minimum unit of just a unit, a minimum unit of time. And so of course it's a constant. You know. You pick this thing, this amazing thing called light, and you just set it to the maximum speed, and if it were to go any faster than that, the teleportation because it would have to jump from one pixel to another, and this would violate the rule set about a being about a bone. Man, this is it, Come on, this is it?
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: If we're those video game characters, if we're linked and we've set up our research physical research lab inside the legend of Zelda, you know, open world video game that we were created in, and somehow we were given consciousness and agency. This is a moment would where we'd be like, oh my god, we're inside of a simulation, like we're characters in the game and that is what we are, right, I mean, But here's the thing we have, what we bring all this modern baggage to language. We're products of our time, you know, and so we almost kind of we view this in like a hypertechnological way. But I mean, this is what, this is what Not just the Bible, but many ancient scriptures tell us about the nature of reality, that this is a created world that we are, you know, animated by a ghost or dust with spirit breathes into us. And when we die, we give up the ghost from dust. We came to dust, will return and will give up the ghost which comes from the Creator. And then two thousand years ago the word the creator, the logic of the system became flesh and dwelt among us. John Nada, right man, good lord, Come on, buddy, are you in join me? Join me, come to the light and abandon your scientism.
Speaker 3: Joined me.
Speaker 4: Here you go, those pixels that blank scale.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so the pixel of distance is the plank length, and the pixel of time is plank time, and you divide the length by the time and you get the speed of light. Right, So as fast as you can go through this reality is one pixel.
Speaker 1: What are the chances of that? Buddy? Oh my god, I love it. I love it so much. Hopefully you made it through the Just the chaos of this episode, hearing the the oil sizzle in the background with the dino chicken nuggets cooking, Hearing my son ask if I could wipe his butt. Hearing me argue with my kids about whether or not they can have an ice cream sandwich, hearing my plea for community. Hopefully you made it to this moment, because this is so freaking cool.
Speaker 3: The world of warcraft has a speed limit. Sure, they've got a certain resolution. Is there delta ta You know, that's how you update a big model. You update it every delta T. You re draw where everything is.
Speaker 4: That's so that's sixty and twenty megats, yeah.
Speaker 3: Or whatever, So you you just update things. That's what refresh rate. Yeah, it's a refresh rate. So the refresh rate drives the action delta T. And the fastest you can move contiguously through any reality is one pixel of distance for one pixel of time. This sis has a speed limit. Every virtual reality has a speed limit. This is the way it is. If it's a virtual reality, it's pixelated. Time is pixelated, distance is pixelated. It's a virtual reality, it's computed. It's computed on a grid if you like distance and time. And that means that every virtual reality has a speed limit. Our speed limit is delta tea over at deth x over delta T.
Speaker 4: And there you go has entanglement work, then how does entanglement work?
Speaker 3: Well, entanglement is also a simple thing. It's a you have one system, and that one system stays one system.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna leave it on that cliffhanger. We'll be back next time to talk about his conception of entanglement. It's interesting because it's actually the same conception that like people who are really unwilling to believe in the new science of quantum mechanics and stuff. His view is kind of the same view, which is that there is no communication between the two photons. They are simply one system located in two different places, which would only be possible in a simulation. You know, it's just it's just, you know, think about think about like a puzzle, and like Legend of Zelda, there's I don't really remember the game that well. I played Ockarina of Time on n sixty four. The guy who does the muse for that, he's like a classical music guy, and so I started listening to classical music because I'm stressed out, and I'm like, this reminds me of something. Anyway, it was the guy who wrote the music for ocker Eno of Time. But there's like all these puzzles and things you can imagine, like you might need to flip a switch in a cave, and that moves a switch on a hillside, which is like some distance away from you. And so ask yourself a question. Is there a physical connection between those two switches?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Is there a radio signal that transmits between those two switches. No, this is one system described by code A in a virtual reality or in this case, in a virtual world. And so the only way to have entanglement like that without communication over distance is if the system is described by information and rendered. It's just so cool, man, It's so freaking cool. What a time to be alive. Embrace it, Embrace the weirdness. Don't let anybody shame you for your for your your thoughts on the nature of reality. Nobody knows. But this certainly seems to be a parsimonious explanation. Excuse me. Parsimonious, by the way means cheap, it means frugal. But it's used as like it's almost like an answer to Oakham's razor, Like what's the simplest explanation? So you might say, oh, well, this is the most parsimonious explanation it's that it's the simplest theory that satisfies all the premises and this that's what he calls it, a theory of everything, and I think I think it's brilliant, man. I mean, I don't love the astral projection stuff and the Mono Institute stuff because I think it takes away some credibility. But you know what, maybe that's all true too. Who knows. Anyway, thanks for listening. There's still an hour left of this interview, so we'll pick back up tomorrow. I hope you guys are doing good out there. Stay safe. Email me at God's I Viewbook at gmail dot com. God Bless