Speaker 1: Uh, what up the oc back to one of the ways live with Sports dot Com. I'm used to busting more racks.
Speaker 2: So Chris skywalk in the building, smash like button, b friend to a friend and share the stream.
Speaker 3: Share. It was a weekend. It was good. It was good. Friday.
Speaker 4: You gotta have to Yeah, I got I man, got way too drunk on Friday.
Speaker 3: It was bad. I was thrown up.
Speaker 4: I threw up in the morning too, And that was like the worst hangover I've had in a very long time. Like I was debility to get That's why I was talking.
Speaker 3: To that hard combination. I don't think I went that hard. But they have the the mugs, like the beer mugs as they're tall next door.
Speaker 4: Yeah night, I had quite a few of those, and then like you know, came over here with some girls, showed them, show one of them in the studio, did a couple of shots.
Speaker 3: Yeah it was It wasn't good.
Speaker 4: I couldn't move the next morning like I've been you know, messed up to the point where I throw up, but I never really get hung over like that.
Speaker 3: That was bad. Yep, that started it.
Speaker 2: Brother, that's thirty calling. Yeah, that's a Sirens song.
Speaker 3: Telling you what you want to hear. Yeah, I guess, I guess so, I guess. So everything you ever wanted, everything about.
Speaker 4: Two more months, not even it's about to be August, about one month.
Speaker 2: Well it's wasted, right, everything you ever wanted, everything you already had.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's siren song. Yeah, reminded me of all my failures.
Speaker 3: It's tough. It's a good good night though, good weekend final.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Taco Fest was amazing, was recommended for everyone. I mean that thing was phenomenal. Can I telling you real quick? Spinning's trying to tap out?
Speaker 3: Well, I did.
Speaker 2: Spinning was trying to I was like, no, dude, but just keep going.
Speaker 3: I did. I mean the little baby tacos. I thought you did have the night you had, you could have did it. No, that was Sunday though. Yeah, you're just.
Speaker 4: I mean I had like, I was like seven tacos in. I was like, I don't skywalking back.
Speaker 5: It wasn't been as point of eating seven tacos if you're not going for that eighth.
Speaker 3: But I think you were five when you attacked. I think there were seven trucks there.
Speaker 6: Trucks.
Speaker 4: We tried two on the first one and two on the second one.
Speaker 3: You did do the second one, yes, right, you did Y's right, you did do it up on the second.
Speaker 1: That was tough. I mean, yeah, hey, man, tacos, I will say. And they didn't win. But Frankie had the best taco. I know, he was on our show.
Speaker 2: Uh it was Taco Way, Tacoway went which Takoway.
Speaker 3: By the way, everyone's still very good tacos.
Speaker 1: Like, I don't think you suck up a taco too bad to be honest with you, like, and I'm not saying that any of these were fucked up.
Speaker 3: They were all phenomenal. They were all great.
Speaker 1: But our guy, Frankie just puts a little passion in it, man, like the little little fixes that come on top of it, cheese, the soul sauce. It was the best taco. And I know he was on a show. There's not a bias take at all. You need to go check out the taco. Yeah, it's phenomenal.
Speaker 3: So I voted for Frankie to win. Me too. I thought that was the best taco. I had. The Wago beef one it was MARTA's.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't drink bars often, were those light on the alcohol? Like I got to slam all those all day.
Speaker 3: They were a little light. Okay, yeah, they were a little light.
Speaker 4: Adam from the d with the super Chat says, being hungover is flaming.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not great. It was not great. It's not fun.
Speaker 4: But you know, we bounced back Saturday, had a bonfire at my friend's house.
Speaker 2: It's crazy because I remember, like it was when I was younger, When I was hungover.
Speaker 3: I would do ship.
Speaker 1: I would go like workout or run or like not run Jesus Christ, play basketball or cut the grass.
Speaker 3: Some made me sweat like I was sweating it out. That's I don't understand how I ever thought that was like a logical thing. There's no chance these days. No, No, I was, Yeah, I was incapacitated for a while. Well that's just I don't know, man, it's sad. I mean, yeah, all good things got to come doing that. That's fair. That's fair.
Speaker 1: I what I used to be when I was good once, as I ever was speaking of country songs and country musicians, Morgan WALLLM was in the Michigan this week and I think he said a record I do you guys remember hearing that at all? They heard Broder stay on the Sunday Show that more Wallan set at Tendance Record.
Speaker 5: Well, Zach Bryan did, I mean probably the Big House is like the biggest humane he could possibly play.
Speaker 1: No, Yeah, like Tesla was there, Penny Sewell was there. Uh Adan Hutchon was there.
Speaker 2: At Night one. He walked out with him. That was tough night too.
Speaker 3: That was tough.
Speaker 1: He was fucking huge by the way. Hutch made him look like a child. Yeah, it's these NFL players just non humans.
Speaker 3: I'm glad. I'm glad. I didn't like. I don't adam. I'm not a Morgan Wallen guy. Morean Wall's great. Nah, I'm not a country music guy. Morgan Wall's great. I can't.
Speaker 5: I saw him in Cleveland last summer. He's a great performer.
Speaker 1: I was telling my girl, like cause the tickets we found out we had a hook up after the fact, they would have got real, real cheap. But the ticket's like three hundred bucks, Like just to get in, I might I'd rather go.
Speaker 3: Down Ohio see him cheaper.
Speaker 2: If you want to see him, Yes, Like, I go take a trip.
Speaker 3: I'm good on seeing Morgan Wallen though, don't gotta do that. Moans fire.
Speaker 5: It's a good concert.
Speaker 7: You know who?
Speaker 8: Three hundred dollars and I might be going Kanye West is Chicago.
Speaker 3: That's worth it. That is so that's worth.
Speaker 8: It, dude, three hundred dollars for nose Bleeds And this is not resale tickets yet. All right, you separate the art from the right now. But no, it's gonna be crazy. It's gonna be crazy there in Chicago. You know he's gonna go. He's gonna go insane. He's playing all his hits like it's not there's no new music being played. It's all it's it's like the jay Z thing that that jay Z did this weekend.
Speaker 5: Yeah, on the same.
Speaker 8: Or last weekend he did, he did the Reasonable Doubt and Blueprint albums. Both have their anniversaries this year, thirtieth and twenty fifth, I believe. And so what he did is he did a Reasonable Doubt night where he performed the album front to back, brought out nas for des presidents. It was a really dope moment, and then Blueprint that second night on Saturday, he had Eminem come out for the Gate and like Alicia Keys, like everybody was out, and then he did a Sunday night show Extra Base where he just had. It was just all jay Z like feature tracks.
Speaker 2: That sh It's crazy because I don't think anybody talked about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Oh it was a big conversation like everybody's it was.
Speaker 3: It was the big maybe.
Speaker 1: In the community, like I'm talking about it, like words like big enough, words like smelling over in Twitter and stuff.
Speaker 3: Like that, real news.
Speaker 8: It was, I mean, algorithm, it was, come on, bro, that's all that's always up. Because then the discussion came who else could do it? And I said, Kanya could do that ship for a week straight.
Speaker 3: Kanya could do that for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean yeah, you could have a graduation night.
Speaker 3: Like it makes me sad that anyone was really talking about that.
Speaker 4: Adam from the dCas easy like the country is based hashtag mad respect.
Speaker 3: This is my uh my stepf.
Speaker 1: I was probably the wiest black man you ever meet in your life, to be honest with you, He's going from the country.
Speaker 3: See, I don't like country. Chubbing doesn't like country.
Speaker 4: So there was no debate on like Morgan Wallen didn't even get brought up.
Speaker 3: They're like, let's go, you like a few country songs. I like some country songs, but I don't think I like.
Speaker 2: If you gave wall chance, I guarantee you to find a couple more.
Speaker 3: Top country even to see.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I like pop country. I feel like if I if I'm gonna listen to a country music song, it's gonna be like country, an actual country music song. I have a couple of stipulations about when I will listen to country music. One of them is I have to be around a body of.
Speaker 5: Water, golf course, golf course, golf course. Country music is e Lee Morgan is Drake with a twang, and I'll stand on that.
Speaker 3: That's how I feel too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, I think Chris put to a pop country if you want to listen to that, joint with your favorite.
Speaker 3: Derek post Malone, I had some male he he got, he got, so he's got a couple of songs.
Speaker 4: Di I know he just likes throwing furniture out of buildings.
Speaker 8: You would do the same.
Speaker 2: That's anytime like a young star is like, oh this guy fucking did this crazy thing. If I was that rich at that age, yeah, I did dumber ship when I was poor.
Speaker 3: Yeah I do the same ship. Yeah, probably do the same shit. It's some pretty dumb shit when I was poor too, you know, I just I'm not mad at it.
Speaker 2: Toy Oh dude, twenty five millionaire did something stupid.
Speaker 1: No ship twenty five anything at any fucking age doing something stupid.
Speaker 3: That's how it works. So did you see if we could can we put uh? Can we use that picture? Yeah? Yeah, like we should Yeah.
Speaker 4: I feel like we shouldn't either, So you don't use the picture of grabbed it with the tweet.
Speaker 3: Just don't use it, you know what.
Speaker 4: Let me right, because the guy who was doing blow at Miami Dolphins practice is now the interim head coach for the forty nine ers. So I wanted to put up the picture of him just railing lines off his desk, sending it to some like OnlyFans, model.
Speaker 3: Or whatever whoever he was talking to.
Speaker 4: It's like, I wish this was you, Like, damn it, ripping line like listen, you know I had my time. It's that shit makes you say do some wild ship yeah to get fired over it. Man, you're in deep and but hey, he's back, he's excited, he's the he's the interim head coach of the forty nine ers since Kyle Shanahan, Like I don't know what happened with him.
Speaker 2: He car exident. Yeah, I know, but like I don't know, he's like he's fucked he's down bad, he's like faces fucked up.
Speaker 3: Hopefully he's okay. You know you hate to see that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's kind of but NFL all about second chances. You can do blow at your desk and then you can be a head coach again.
Speaker 3: You know on camera.
Speaker 1: That's like when people like, again, I get why did eachre Lion's CUTTERI Onnold, given like their message what they're trying to be this season, it makes sense that adds up.
Speaker 3: Do I wish it happened?
Speaker 1: No, I kind of wish he kept them if it could be the perfect nickel candidate for this team. However, in this league, yeah, you can be given the second chance. Away happy at the head coaching level. Again, he's not taking on the tire of the season. Just looked at the beginning intro of training camp. But like, that's fucking crazy, that's insane.
Speaker 2: What if they probably was doing cocaine on the job at the facility, at the facility talking to hookers in Miami.
Speaker 4: I mean, you're supposed to be a leader the guy, like this is the league where like there's a redemption, like you're allowed, you're allowed to get away a little bit of sh it's.
Speaker 2: It's like, I kind of do wish we kept hearing on a little bit a little bit.
Speaker 5: Chris Forster says, a little little weird pregame ritual, you know, like he's trying to get juiced up. You know, I'm sure. I'm sure Nick Bosa is in on it. You know, I'm like for sure, it'll be just fine.
Speaker 1: It's still pointing out too. It's like, uh me, Tom Brady wasn't back there, Like imagine some some celebrity. Maybe we played that Michael Parsons. If you get guys, don't watch it. It's Friday and Thursday, we play a Michael party video. He's a film and cheerleaders like a pervert, and there's.
Speaker 2: A meal chi leader put the put the phone down. Oh fuck, Like in sports it's acceptable a celebrity does that.
Speaker 3: He's canceled. He's never seen another movie in his light.
Speaker 5: You know, every player is an asset, like they need those people around exactly.
Speaker 8: That's a good point too, I would say, though, I would say, though it's it's the same thing in the celebrity world as it is in the athletic world. It's just the talent has to win out like Terryan would have been here if he was if he was proven to be a first round pick level quality player, just like MICHAELH. Parsons was able to because he's one of the best head thrushers in the games. I mean, I think it's always a talent thing, regardless of like celebrity. I mean, you see it all the time. Just make good music and everything goes away. If you're an artist or do this or.
Speaker 4: That, like you're that's certain get caught sticking people up. You think the Broncos are cutting him?
Speaker 8: Not a chance, Not a chance. So Robert Downey Jr.
Speaker 4: It's gotta be are you worth more to us than the hassle you're creating for us?
Speaker 1: I guess it depends on what you did. And also Adam is probably the only place that really does have I don't want.
Speaker 4: To put actors or musicians in that same vein because those guys do drugs all the time and they're not It's not like a you know, yeah, the only athletic based you know, competition that they're involved in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that.
Speaker 4: Tests before they go out there and do the big house. If you're Morgan Wallen, he was definitely ripping lines somewhere in that buildings.
Speaker 3: Ankle after night, I saw.
Speaker 5: Like a freeze frame. It was like a ninety degree angle. It looked bad.
Speaker 3: Rolled that bitch.
Speaker 8: In fact, if you if you get sober in music, your pants tell you to.
Speaker 3: Get back, they tell you to get drugs.
Speaker 2: And example, as much as I love in him, as much as I respect him in him.
Speaker 8: I wish you stay on the drugs. Yeah, just it's his content was never gonna mature. I mean, the content was never gonna let it. But sure, that's why you stand.
Speaker 3: The drugs while you staying on the drugs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're talking about you and you're on drugs.
Speaker 4: Like, okay, we can understand it. You talk about killing your white sober It's like, all right, man, was he.
Speaker 5: On drugs for music to be murdered by?
Speaker 3: That was fuck time? Album suck? I gotta be on drugs.
Speaker 8: That was his last one before that's shit. I believe it's twenty twenty two.
Speaker 2: I think, oh yeah, yeah, he's been off since, Like.
Speaker 8: What recovery relapses him actually get his sober believe it.
Speaker 3: Relapsing, I believe it. I believe it. That album sucked.
Speaker 8: He did a bunch of accents.
Speaker 3: Recover.
Speaker 4: Recovery is a good album. I think Marshall Maths LP two is a good album after that. Everything that he's put out since he's been sober is kind of relapse.
Speaker 8: Actually was it was about what I realistic.
Speaker 3: Relapse is cheeks. There might be a verse. He does well, but there's ever there's like two good songs.
Speaker 4: It's like we Made You and maybe one other song.
Speaker 3: Whatever the rest of the album, he's a proof.
Speaker 1: I think that are Like two and what Wayne was here this weekd too shot Wayne and two Chains talk.
Speaker 3: About just seeing it through.
Speaker 4: Lil Wayne's been doing drugs since I was born, and he's just still going strong, still popping pills, still sip and lean. Like, take the lesson for that. Kids, if you're gonna do something, do it with everything you got and if you want to be really cool, do drugs. No, just kidding that they call drugs, but honestly, Lil Wayne is the most successful crackheat of all time, all time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, him and Waitney Houston Wayne Longevity. Wayne's still doing it too, exactly I saw a.
Speaker 1: Video of him over the weekend. He did a podcast with a little dickey. He's like, yeah, I don't sleep. I'm like, there's not a fucking chance you don't. I don't buy that one fucking lick.
Speaker 3: I do drugs. Yeah, I don't believe it. He I know why you lie to us.
Speaker 8: He's another Well, like when we talked about the jay Z thing, like doing something else like Wayne would have done cartoon Carter three Nights would have been crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, all right, let's go to break.
Speaker 4: We gotta come back because Kirby Joseph has been wild on Twitter. I don't know if you guys are tapped in with Kirby Joseph's Twitter, but he has been on a rampage and it all stems from Booner and what he did to disrespect Kirby knobs kick. Obviously it's the injury situation. So we're gonna get into that. We're gonna break down what's going on with Kirby Joseph and why he's got Lions fans all pissed off. But first, let me tell you about planning Fitness. Playing Fitness the home of the judgment Free Zone. Everybody we mean everybody. You can get a full body work on thirty minutes, and all memberships include fitness training. You get all that for just fifteen dollars a month, or you can upgrade to the black car and get you some money. He's like hydro massage, total body enhancement and access to over twenty seven hundred locations worldwide, joining Club online and planefitness dot com. Planet Fitness where your fitness is essential.
Speaker 9: The hunting season is almost to her detroits, and your lions are on the prow. Make sure you're locked into Woodward Sports for all the Dan Campbell reactions, Jared Goff touchdowns, Common Row first downs, Kenny pancakes, Kirby picks, Jim's big plays, and of course Jack Fox his leg yes Day.
Speaker 8: Locked in on all your.
Speaker 9: Lions coverage right here on Detroit's number one sports network Sports.
Speaker 10: How do people feel about getting a Planet Fitness membership for fifteen dollars a month? How do they like working out in the clean and spaces Jim that's filled with equipment for every workout? And how about free fitness training and the judgment free zone that leaves them feeling energize all day long? Joy plant a fitness today with the free pf app online or in club and start getting that big fitness energy for fifteen dollars a month.
Speaker 11: We don't like to brag that we are the toughest sports network in Detroit, but we.
Speaker 6: Do have a guy named Darren McCarty on our side.
Speaker 12: Woodward Sports.
Speaker 3: All Day IPA.
Speaker 4: Make sure you check it out at an art and Jake's near you because on Monday, Wednesday and Sunday you can get five dollar shorts. Go check out All Day IPA from Founders Brewing Company, Michigan Companies supporting Michigan companies, Grow.
Speaker 2: Up Thought, Welcome bike whatever, It's live with sports dot Com.
Speaker 3: Easy.
Speaker 1: You must be Mora's young Chris Skywalker in the building, smashed like button. Be a friend to a friends, share the stream Sharrett. Yeah, So back to what spinning was getting to Kirby Joseph over the weekend.
Speaker 3: There's a doctor out there.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I forget which outlet he works with usually with, but he's on social media. He deep dives into Detroit Lions injuries. I'm grateful for him. His name is Jimmy. I like I like suck. He puts out he's usually on point. I think he may be on point again, but he uh tweeted out that, you know, training camp coming up, be expected for Kirby Joseph be on the pup list.
Speaker 3: Kirby Joseph quote.
Speaker 1: Tweeted that he said, y'all want to bet I'm not on the puppult That was that what he said?
Speaker 3: Yeah, someone lines like, yeah, how.
Speaker 1: Much you want to bet I'm not on that list? Very following day, the Detroit Lions released the pup list. First name on it is Kirby Joseph. Brian branched our guy TC. By the way he reached out to TC could be back in a couple of weeks or so. He'll be back in a week or so. He's all good, but it could be a situation.
Speaker 2: Kirby really too, But like why why even like I got a hype, I'm not gonna lie. I felt the type of way I worded when I posted it for Woodward, I said, you know, he hints they may have come back during training camp, because like when Dan Campbell talked about it during mini camp, he said, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we said we don't.
Speaker 1: Know's that's a vast difference from like what Kirby was kind of hinting to low and behold. Though Kirby's kind of stripped kiss a live of fans didn't say he was coming back.
Speaker 3: He's a troll. Yeah, he hinted him's coming back. Why why? Why why? Kirby's a notorious troll on social media. He does do that. It's not even a good troll. It's not a good troll.
Speaker 4: It's, you know, getting some people excited about something that I think. I think every realistic Lions fans knew that Kirby Joseph was going to be put on this list. I think they know that what Kirby Joseph's dealing with isn't something that's going to just resolve itself. It's not something that he is just going to be like, my knee is healthy, now, I'm good to go. This is something he is going to be dealing with for the entirety of his career. He is going to be on a week to week level pretty much the rest of his career because it is an injury that can be aggravated at any time, and it is debilitate. So it's tough to hear that and I'm sure it's even more frustrating for a guy like Kirby Joseph who knows how impactful he is. Obviously, Lions fans know how impactfully is when he's healthy and out there. But you know, you saw it happen in real time in the Kansas City Chiefs game where he was out there and he had to get helped off the field because he could barely move his leg. He comes right back in, makes an insane tackle for loss and is buzzing all over the field, and then he can't move again in another snap. Like, It's not something that is just going to poof his knee is fixed. It's something that is going to have to be treated, to be managed, and to be dealt with for the rest of his career. And it's scary.
Speaker 2: I Uh, it's cartilage and his knee.
Speaker 1: You've heard Dan Campbell talk about it. It's saying like any type of speculation. Yeah, the think about cartilage, you can't doctors don't know how to regenerate it. Can it be regenerated in certain instances, but they don't know how it happens. They shoot it in there and they wish.
Speaker 3: For the best. That's literally what happens.
Speaker 2: I mean they don't. They don't have the technology yet.
Speaker 1: They take the stem cells, which could be turned to anything, but they can't make it turn into cartilage. That's just the one thing he's got going on with his knee right now. And yeah, I think it's a situation where they have to find a way to manage it. It's like almost like his knee as a health bar at this point. How many more times we throw them out there? And like, is it worth risking in training camp for a guy you know who can play at all pro level? I'm not quite sure. It doesn't sound good though.
Speaker 4: I don't want Kirbad Joseph to take a snap this year until the playoffs.
Speaker 3: I'd be cool with that too, Like.
Speaker 4: Flat out, if Kirby Joseph doesn't take a snap for the Lions this season until the playoffs, I think that's what you have to do. Like, if you have to go to that extreme to make sure that the best ballhawk in the entire NFL is ready to go when the games mean the most, then that's what you have to do. And yeah, can he stay off of you know, teasing Lions fans that he's gonna be healthy and gonna be ready to go for sure, but also like again, you have to look at it from his perspective. For him, it's every other He wakes up one day, I'm sure, and he feels fine, and he feels like he could play, and he feels like he can go out there. And then he wakes up another day and he could barely walk, and it's probably just as scary and confusing as it is for him.
Speaker 3: For the rest of us.
Speaker 8: My only question with that theory is that, like you know, you see it all the time, especially in the NBA load management, right, Like, I don't know how that works in football because of the intensity, Like what, I would be very worried to put him out there in the playoffs. I'd be when he is medically clear to play in the regular season. I need to see just how much conditioning he needs, just how much you know on field reps and everything before I put him in the playoffs, which are the highest stake situations, whereas we know, you know, you know, the smallest margins determine victories and losses in that So I'm actually quite opposite. I get what you're saying, I understand what you're saying, but I feel like with the intensity of football and just the uncertainty.
Speaker 3: Of his of his knee.
Speaker 8: I would rather them when they feel confident, when he feels when he is cleared, When when he feels ready being able to throw him out there in the regular season and see what you have, because honestly, we might not like what we see. Like, I don't know what to expect with this injury. I have zero expectations. I can't think if what.
Speaker 3: He's thinking, like what we see is just how long will we see it for?
Speaker 2: Like the times he got in games last year, he was still getting interceptions on one leg.
Speaker 1: Like Kirby, He's just a fucking dog. He's a magnet of the ball. One tweet that he put out and the end up deleting this one too.
Speaker 2: But he says, I can't tell you all everything update for real, my faith is unbreakable.
Speaker 1: I can walk now. I'm not in hell of pain no more so. I'm not dropping to the floor like in the Kansas game. If you all want to know if I could play this season, just ask God send some prayers.
Speaker 3: That's not doesn't sound great? Does sound great?
Speaker 5: I feel like you almost have to, you know, take a glance past just the game of football. Cartilage is a thing that everybody just get gets worn down over time. Yeah, and that is one of those things that will affect him his entire life. So I don't want to see Kirby Joseph come in and injure himself. You know, his career is already in jeopardy. The last thing we want to see is his health being jeopardy. So kind of like we said, if we can wait till playoffs and he can be serviceable, whether he's playing at seventy five eighty percent, if he can make a meaningful impact on this defense without getting carted off before the end of the game, I think that is best case scenario. But all that put the side. We just want Craby to be healthy, you know, for.
Speaker 4: Sure, and they need him to, Like we've talked about, if the Lions actually want to do anything for real this season, if the Lions actually want to be a real deal contender in the NFC, and you know, for a Super Bowl, they need both Kirby Joseph and Brian Branch to be healthy and playing. And Brian Branch he's gonna be fine. He'll be back, He'll be just what he was. He'll be fine. I can't say that with the same confidence about Kirby.
Speaker 1: Joseph kbu shoutout says, don't you guys think if Kirby's career was over, they would have done an injury settlement earlier this year? I think to try and figure out how to manage the same because he's truly a special talent. His rookie year I was comparing to Ed Reed. Thank god, it like he came through on that one, But like he's just that special that like you kind of want to wait and see can this be managed? Like how can we manage this? Because he's truly a piece I can help you win a Super Bowl. Going back to again to the twenty twenty three conversations we were having that defense was ass but what carries you was guys like Kirby making plays and turning the ball over. It's you kind of got to see it through. You want to be certain that it's over before you get just ended.
Speaker 5: I think it's too early early to tell. And they don't want to just pull the plug out, you know, like when there's a possibility that you know, he could keep playing in his career, could go forward.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you can't you can't do it.
Speaker 4: If you make the decision too early and you lose Kirby Joseph and he's still you know, available to play, that's just a double double shot to the nuts. So we'll see what happens, man, We'll see what happens. But like it's I wasn't fooled by it. Like when Kirby went out there and tweeted, you know, I bet I'm not on there was I bet you are, Like, and the the pup list is not you know, he doesn't miss the first four weeks until they cut down to the fifty three man rosters, so he still has some time. Like that's TC's gonna be off the list by then, Branch, isn't He's still gonna be there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Kirby, we don't know.
Speaker 4: If I'm if I'm making a bet on it right now, If I am am putting a bet on it right now. I think Kirby Joseph will be on the pup list by the time the team's cut down to fifty three men, and I think he'll have to miss the first four weeks of this season, and I think he should, like if if it's even a question at that point, if it's what I think. It's probably gonna be an obvious decision to keep him on the pup list. But if it's a question, if it's a okay, maybe we can get him back by week three, put him on the pup list. Just keep him out, let him rest up, because like I said, I don't need Kurby Jones out there playing against as much as I've been hyping him up.
Speaker 3: Tyler Shuck.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I need him playing against fucking Matt Stafford.
Speaker 3: It's just a weird situation too.
Speaker 1: Has anybody ever like sat out entirety of the season while actively on the roster, I've then popped up in the playoffs. You say he almost got like sprinkling a few games, so you completely retired like Eric Weddle when he came out for the Rams there.
Speaker 3: But it's a weird situation.
Speaker 1: The last thing I want to say, though, unless you guys will speak, some piece of the injury is on top of these guys lying I'm done taking these athletes words I never actually did. But it's like when Demo last year and they're talking about like, oh, Dave Montgomery quested the trade he quotes he was like the.
Speaker 2: Demo tell you that. No, but you're on instagramky comments about you requesting a trade like and then you called the asshole? Do you when I say, you force your way up like these these guys like.
Speaker 3: Lie, I don't know why. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know what there is to gain from it other than fucking with the emotions of the people that help create their jobs. I just it's comb annoying, to be honest with you. I just want to get that off my chest.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, I mean it's they're humans too, they are you know, it feels good to have people root for you, and when you're painted in a negative light, whether it's true or not, you know, they have a lot of sway over a ton of people.
Speaker 3: And you know, I know, like, as.
Speaker 4: We talked about it, David Montgomery did great things in Detroit and and we are happy for him for sure.
Speaker 3: Am I happy that he.
Speaker 4: Wanted out of Detroit to go to another Super Bowl contender and split carries in their backfield? Absolutely fucking not. And neither should you. Yeah, because he actively made the lines worse and went and made a Super Bowl contender better.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's there's not really a positive light like the fucking head coach of the team pulled you we don't know, like yeah, and Dan Campbell's not won until I hide and scary man able to come out and tell you straight up.
Speaker 3: The Kirby stuff is scary, is what it is. And like he said, we have to ask God.
Speaker 8: I honestly didn't, like, I know it's I know it's our job, but I genuinely like did not want to talk about it because it's so it's so sad.
Speaker 3: Is because it's so it's so uncertain.
Speaker 8: But I will say if I can there, if I can do any type of if I could give any type of glass half full of tape. The last time the Lions player prayed to God, Derek Barnes, that worked out.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 4: That's true, that's fair and like and like I said, Kirby, I've said it before. I think Kirby Joseph is the single most important player on the Detroit Lions defense. I think what he does, how he creates turnovers, how he scares quarterbacks from throwing deep, Like just the fact of him being out there scares quarterbacks to attack that deep third of the of the field because they know he's out there, and because he's so good at doing that and everything he does, whether it's you know, when he plays in the box too, he's one of the best safeties in the box in the league as well.
Speaker 3: So it's it.
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 4: I mean, we can go back and look up the numbers, but when we were talking about the safeties that were ranked over him, I looked up the numbers and his were better.
Speaker 3: For PFF.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, sure, so, I mean, but I mean the numbers to say, isn't I.
Speaker 3: Had the tape?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, So it's the Uh, that's everything we talked about like a month ago, right with Kurby just taking over like thirds of the field, making quarterbacks second guests, shutting down that side of the field. It just you're gonna You're gonna probably lose that until some point in the season where it matters enough replays.
Speaker 3: It just is what it is. Yeah, tells about water Hazard.
Speaker 5: Let me tell you about water Hazard. Water Hazard is the very first can vodka cocktail from Founders. It's a vodka based cocktail at five percent ABV that's citrusy, refreshing, and gluten free, best served over a slice with ice of lemonut preferably Get five dollars cans at any art in Jake's location in Michigan on Mondays, Thursdays and Sundays. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 9: For more Detroit Tigers coverage, make sure you subscribe to Woodward Tigers on YouTube. Old Tigers all the time for.
Speaker 12: The hardcore Detroit sports.
Speaker 9: Fans who can't get enough for the Motor City's teams. All season long, you'll get NonStop Tigers contents from on field interviews, postgame reactions, and roundtable inside from Woodward Sports.
Speaker 13: Some days call for light, others lean bold, what about everything in between? All day IPA the easy choice for every day citrusy chrisp refreshing flavor.
Speaker 14: You can float with light on the hops, big on refreshment one's great two even better brewed with you and money, no shortcut, no fuss, big on flavors, never too much.
Speaker 8: All day IPA hop into.
Speaker 12: Easy Tomi and games breakout season.
Speaker 4: Bloating inside the Five Gimes to the ex touchdown.
Speaker 9: Woodward Sports the most dominant Detroit sports coverage around.
Speaker 5: Most people think energy comes in a sixteen ounce can full of sugar and neon colored liquid, But you guys, you know better than that. Sign to upgrade your game with Thrive Energy pouches. This isn't your daddy's dip Tobacco free, nicotine free, mental powerhouse packing three hundred milligrams of clean smart caffeine including Alpha GPC and Alfanon, no jitters, no sugar crash, and zero bloating. Thrive can be found online at dipstop dot com. Remember to use promo code WSN for fifteen percent off your entire order and exclusively at all Market Fresh and Market Square locations. Thrive Clean Energy, Zero distractions. They just fing work.
Speaker 1: What if they're welcome bike the right slide Which sports dot com? East bust me morax you on Chris Skywalker? The building smashed like button b friends to the front.
Speaker 3: They share the stream. A couple of super chats.
Speaker 1: We missed her in the last segment. I believe the first ones from Randall Small. So if there's any other let me guys, let me know.
Speaker 2: Okay Randall Small, He says, you guys will watch the North Dallas forty.
Speaker 3: I have not what is that? I don't know. I haven't seen it. Does anybody familiar with that Skywalker? You know what that is? What was it again?
Speaker 1: North Dallas forty it's gotta be like a TV show or son movie.
Speaker 3: Football movie. Sounds like I couldn't you have not seen it.
Speaker 1: Blow me sixty sixty nine sixty two houys of chats as Kirby's batman.
Speaker 3: The mere thought of him is scary. He's right, you are correct.
Speaker 4: I mean it literally deters quarterbacks from throwing late over the middle.
Speaker 5: He was a top two safety and like he wasn't too no, like he was nasty and I feel like, you know, just his presence on that defense made up for a lot of errors by our cornerbacks.
Speaker 1: The perfect example I can think of, just off the top of my head, the game changing play. And the more you think about you you'll start pumping out more because turnovers matter. Yeah, so huge in this game. But the game the season open at twenty twenty four against the Rams, Yeah, where he picked off Stafford while they're in the red zone before the half. That was a one score game. That's a huge That one came down actually went to overtime and Monty took the game over. Shout out, shout out, Like Kirby though, getting that pick saved.
Speaker 5: Us over too, Like making that play and that big of a you know, like a moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that was as big as op to him and Stafford fucking hate each other. So yeah's that's how how big a swing that Kirby can make for you?
Speaker 12: Man?
Speaker 3: It is. He's truly a difference maker.
Speaker 4: And when you like have a guy that talented, when you have a guy that can single handedly win you games with Kirby Joseph Camp single win you games, you do everything you can. You flip every stone, you make sure everything has been explored and has been thought of before you make any type of serious presumptions of his future career. And that's why they're going to the steps they are. That's why they waited until they were completely eliminated from playoffs to even like say, all right, he's done for the season, to shut him down, because if you have even a chance of him coming back and being a guy, you take that chance.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I guess if there's any one position I saw, I see it all the time people bitch about Bradholme's not getting another cornerback, I don't necessarily. I mean, who's out there's Digs the Z free agent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean there's some guys.
Speaker 5: But I wouldn't even want Digs on.
Speaker 4: There's not anybody that's like a no brainer, like, oh, you obviously go sign that guy. Like it's all kind of washed washed guys, older guys, guys, guys.
Speaker 5: Last year, Trent McDuffie was like a big name. But I mean that's an expensive price to pay.
Speaker 3: And yeah, I don't know, especially in what you're already paying it. Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 2: Everybody Brad drafting like the first two years and within the first like three rounds, reset the market their position. Yeah, Hutch Campbell and you still got more coming with Gibbs Branch Like it's you couldn't afford to go get Trim McDuffie, you would have trade away the assets that by the way, it took a first round pick to get done and people were walked in free agency. Not a fucking chance, right, I mean, and I think, like again, I think Rocky Scene looked pretty fucking good last year went available. I averaged twenty five yards a game and gainst the DJ Reid outside of the Cowboys and the Rams didn't let up one hundred yards in a single game.
Speaker 3: I think I let one hundred.
Speaker 1: Yards in one game. Yeah, I think it was a Cowboys. I'm not mistaken, but that's their solid I just I don't get like the need to keep playing about the quarterback position. If I were to playing about anything, it would be Kirby because you kind of know what's going on there.
Speaker 2: I mean, you don't know, but you know it's it's probably not.
Speaker 3: Gonna be that's the only one to be available.
Speaker 4: And that's where we look at Like Nick was talking about Jakwan Brisker, like, you know, he didn't maybe he wouldn't want to come here and be, you know, a backup, but you could have sold them on, buddy, You're not going to be a backup. You're gonna play the majority of the snaps at safety because we don't know.
Speaker 3: What's going on with Kirby, which absolute true.
Speaker 5: So fortunately it really just reminds me of the whole I mean it's kind of similar, but just the Todd Gurley situation. Just a player, a player at his absolute peak, you know, like on top of the world, just gets that taken away from him because of a name.
Speaker 4: I don't think Kirby's is like as aggressive or progressing as badly as Todd gurleyes was, or I fucking hope dot because then it's I mean, he's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you have running, you're fucking beating the ship out of your body every single time, making a ton of cuts like that and getting tackled for sure, getting back up every time. It's a little different.
Speaker 3: But I don't know, man, it's not good.
Speaker 1: I think we're going to the playoffs regardless, though I think so too. It's just like what, I had a faith in the defense.
Speaker 4: If Kirby is available, if are available, you have faith in the defense and you can actually be a guy. If not, they'll make the playoffs because their offense will be they have the best offense in the league.
Speaker 3: They'll be able to so much bigger than easy in these boxes.
Speaker 4: Uh, their offense will be able to carry them through the majority of their schedule. But you know, defense wins championships. And even in a league that is, you know, heavily leaning towards offense, defense still wins championships because when you get into the the the nitty gritty of the last couple of games of the season, of those divisional rounds, of those championship rounds, of the of the Super Bowl, every offense is gonna be able to work. They're gonna be good enough they're gonna be well coached enough to execute what they need to do. It's can the guys on the other side stop them? And that's that's what it comes that you look at what happened like.
Speaker 2: So, I'm Matthey, saverage you with the Kirby last year puts you that way exactly.
Speaker 5: I just wish this coaching staff would offer like the slightest bit of clarity on where this defense is going to be because I feel like you can look at it at two ways. Right, It's, you know, Brad Holmes isn't really making these outstanding moves. Maybe that's because they think they will come back and there'll be a chance, and they probably think they're gonna make the playoffs too, or it's just they really don't know and they're just kind of sitting there.
Speaker 3: I think they really don't know. I honestly think that's what it is.
Speaker 4: I think they are holding out and exhausting all efforts to have Kirby Joseph be part of this team next year and to be a part of this team going forward. And the worst part about this and I don't want to, you know, pile more shit on the sandwich, but like if they're going through all of this this year, everything they did at the end of the year last year, and we don't see progression from it this year.
Speaker 3: It's not just a this year thing.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I just can't wait for the season gets here, because like when we speak of this team, we talk about because and deservely so, it's super Bowl the playoffs, because like that's what you're that's what the goal is.
Speaker 2: It is root for every team, but realistically a goal for the chance. The reality is though.
Speaker 3: One season gets your guys, it's gonna be fucking fun. Man, it's gonna be fun.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of dirt teams on that schedule. Yeah, this this offense should be pumping.
Speaker 4: Remember when we were betting on the Lions every week and every every touchdown and every over was hitting. That's gonna be the same thing this year, that offense. He's going to be one of the most fun units to watch in the NFL and they're gonna win a lot of games.
Speaker 3: It's suppos to.
Speaker 1: Bring a little bit of positivity on because like the regular season gonna be fun, fun, sad stuff probably not gonna come to.
Speaker 3: The playoffs and maybe not even maybe you figures across.
Speaker 4: We'll see who knows, we'll see resign. Iffy says, scouting to the max.
Speaker 2: If he's strong safety. But I mean, can we put it back at corner.
Speaker 3: I gotta I gotta watch some Chuck Clark at free safety. Maybe it's gonna be time Branch. Yeah, Thomas gonna.
Speaker 4: Be Thomas Harper. I'm telling you to start the season, it's gonna be Thomas Harper and Chuck Clark as your safeties. With Rocky Scene and DJ Reid on the outside.
Speaker 5: You just gotta hope that, like they know this entire offseason they're gonna have to step up, so maybe they are taking those steps to you know.
Speaker 3: Actually, individually, all of those guys.
Speaker 4: Aren't bad, Yeah, but all of them together as your secondary is a bad unit.
Speaker 3: You don't have a star on that unit.
Speaker 4: And if you've got a secondary without a star and your defensive line is still a question mark, shit could get ugly for you pretty fast.
Speaker 1: Going Vonte Max, Chuck Clark start the season, and then we'll go Branch Clark.
Speaker 3: It's just gonna pack. Clark's, like I'm not saying a guy in the sense of like fucking superstar. He's the best of that, and that's what they do. He's smart. They put the leader.
Speaker 1: They like to have those leader types out there in the secondary specific leagu because they can see the old field. And when they first trotted out this detro Lin's defense, I mean it was Tracy Walker calling the defense. It's not the linebacker. It's just gonna say Jack. But they like having like the smart guys in the back. I like having the smart guys in the secondary.
Speaker 3: As well too. Me too.
Speaker 2: I think it's just I've seen it with Rashid Matthis, Richard Sherman. These guys aren't like athletically prime, but they were smarter. They're smart. They smart players out there. Stanford graduate, Stanford graduate shout out.
Speaker 3: Steve o Baby says Spencer.
Speaker 4: My question is can the offense play for four quarters of playoffs because we've seen them score a lot of points and then all of a sudden everything goes to shit. And yeah, I think you know this Lion's offense is going to be back to the Ben Johnson esque offenses.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 4: I think they're they're gonna be explosive, they're gonna be protecting golf much better. They're gonna be more unpredictable, and they're going to be better on the beginning downs, which will lead to more success and sustained drives.
Speaker 3: But so you for sure at least to be able to run the ball.
Speaker 5: In my opinion, for sure, I think Gof's gonna have a great season too. Yeah, Like, I mean, they've done everything to put him in the like an even better situation. That offensive line is gonna is gonna be such a relief for him.
Speaker 1: So one more super chat before you're going. It's from blow Me sixty nine. Sixty nine says Keith Abney could be him.
Speaker 3: That could be an option for you. I like Keith An.
Speaker 2: I think he's probably a little bit more of a corner right now.
Speaker 1: And even then, we have our guy from asu Dom come out and he said he played outside corner, so even moving inside a transition for him.
Speaker 2: The safety be even bigger one. Yeah, but maybe downe the line. I mean the Lions have done that. This regime specifically has done that with so many people. Yeah, Chase aka Benda, former linebacker, they moved to the full back spot. Malcolm Rodriguez linebacker, They moved to the full back spot. They took an offensive lineman and made him defensive line. I can't think of his name right now.
Speaker 3: It was Innate. I want to say, yeah, I can't remember either, but I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: They just they switched people all around all the time because they're just trying to get you.
Speaker 3: He's playing left guard and now he's playing left out.
Speaker 5: They draft football players, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you've been unfound right outside quarterback, they moved to safety.
Speaker 3: Called that by the way after he was drafted. Shout out.
Speaker 1: Uh so, I mean it could happened with Keith Abney. Who knows, it's just how soon he's impactful at that position.
Speaker 4: What do you think is the guy on the roster that could make that transition? Like if you were like question one of these cornerbacks, because we have all you know, we've got Roger McCreery, can he play a free safety role?
Speaker 3: Could and it's freak shaw possibly, you know, just safety specifically.
Speaker 4: Yeah, who could make the transition of free safety? Probably probably Keith Abney.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's easier to teach a younger guy who's coming in for the first time than it is he a guy that's been like based in like whatever position he's been in or trans of whatever position he's been in for years, you know what I'm saying, because he's learning it new and fresh.
Speaker 5: I just I worry about that his frame, you know, that is a smaller guy though no.
Speaker 3: Rock scene. They didn't they do it. They for a little bit too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he didn't need them.
Speaker 3: They need him on the outside.
Speaker 5: So I don't know how much faith I have in Keith Abby. I feel like there's not like a real good, bona fide pick.
Speaker 3: Our Vandali says Dan Jackson.
Speaker 4: Is he gonna have a ren a stew We have a white safety out there for I mean, they liked him. He got injured right at the end of the camp last year. He was a like a four year starter after being a walk on at Georgia, which is crazy, and he was like a team captain.
Speaker 3: Christian Ezi and Christianese. He can play safety, you can play something. Hopefully we're hoping. We need these guys to just play. I need these guys to be able to play. We come back.
Speaker 2: We got some Tay League Williams news or some Jamo stuff and not honestly news, but real.
Speaker 4: Defensive studs signed by the Detroit Lions. Oh yeah, and Adam from the d with the super Chat says Chris could make the transition.
Speaker 3: I think I think Chris got the other versatility there. Chris could be Yeah, Chris would be a good safety.
Speaker 1: I think there's a bad ticket, all Adam, all.
Speaker 3: Right, it's gonna break to us about the mortgage for Pros.
Speaker 5: Ortgage Pros. Looking for a career upgrade, check out Mortgage Pros, the number one mortgage broker to work for in the state of Michigan. We saw their incredible company culture firsthand at their annuo a block party. Their team truly loves what they do and it shows. With four point nine stars on Google and over four thousand reviews, the reputation speaks for itself. If you're looking for a new job, give Mortgage Pros and Troy a call it two four eight four one six one three six one Mortgage Pros. Let the pros handle it.
Speaker 9: A ton of fun, a ton of scores, and a ton of man Welcome to the Woodward Heavyweights, Live Daily Woodward Stars.
Speaker 4: You're building a whole combat sports enterprise in the heart of it in Detroit, and that's why I.
Speaker 3: Think it's cool.
Speaker 16: I think with opportunity right like you said, maybe you like to punch people in the face for real, and you know you want to be a boxer, and you have an option there. Maybe you don't like get punched in the face and you want to make you know, you like the theatricals and the storylines, and so if you have an avenue here, maybe you start at one and then want to change the other. I don't care.
Speaker 2: I just want to in the building and know that you have.
Speaker 16: Someplace to go to explore that. Just having the ability to what do you want to do and how do you want to do it to the best your ability?
Speaker 3: And you know it all starts with the kids.
Speaker 9: The hunting season is almost to your detroits and your Lions are on the prow. Make sure you're locked into Woodward Sports for all the Dan Campbell reactions, Jared Goff touchdowns, Tom and Roth first downs, Kenny pancakes, Kirby picks, Jim's big plays, and of course Jack Fox his leg Stay locked in on all your Lions coverage right here on Detroit's number one sports network.
Speaker 3: Sports.
Speaker 8: Buddi's Pizza, home of the original Detroit style pizza. They've been doing it for eighty years and they got more than just pizza. They got bread, they got salad, they got meatballs, they got they got chicken wings.
Speaker 3: They got it all.
Speaker 8: Make sure you save ten percent on it all with the promo code ten meal. That's ten meal at buyce Pizza dot com. Check it out, chuck it out.
Speaker 1: If welcome waits live which sports dot Com each mustn morax.
Speaker 2: Young Chris Skywalker in the building, smashing like button b friends of the front of shiit of streams and I'm Garrett.
Speaker 3: I thought I made a pull, but don't see it. He didn't. I don't see it at least I don't see either.
Speaker 4: Well, let's talk about the Lion's new stut, new stud on the block, Lion sign super Bowl champion linebacker from the Los Angeles Rams.
Speaker 3: What's his name? Even Terry Troy Troy Reader, Troy Reader kindam a nothing burger.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's just gonna be another guy that's gonna copy, you know, got guess up a little bit, but gonna be a good another guy that comes in competes in camp for you know that the linebacker spot is open. I would say I think Derek Barnes and Jack Campbell are your two starters. But after that, obviously, Malcolm Rodriguez I would say, has the lead in the clubhouse. But these guys are always looking to improve and to get better and to create competition, and so they bring in another guy that's going to, uh, it's gonna do something. Maybe I don't know, he's probably gonna if he makes the team, he'll be a practice squad guy or I mean that special teams guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I uh, I I was hopeful because I saw the tweet that he had started in the Super Bowl for the Rams. Uh, Like he's aid super Bowl winning linebacker and he started a majority of that season as well too, but it was an absence of an injury. It's because of an injury they started and he played the mic spot. But it's kind of like you said too, like the will linebacker spot right now for Detroit Lions. As much as I love Malcolm Rodriguez, is not a it's not a no brainer, know what I'm saying, Like, there's gonna be a competition. Where's Jimmy Rolder Malcolm Rodriguez. And I would even put this guy's name in the mix too, because he started just so many games as Malcolm Rodriguez has, if not.
Speaker 3: More, played in the Super Bowl. Right, So it's like the tape I watched today, was he great?
Speaker 1: Hell no, he's not that athletic, looks a bit slow, a little bit of a bruiser. He did a pass breakup on Amaro Saint Brown though in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: Okay, you know peat that.
Speaker 2: But it's just where we're at the with the linebacker spot, to be honest.
Speaker 5: With, it's just not that exciting, you know. I mean, we already got our our starters at linebackers. So this guy's just pretty much fighting to stay on the team, and you know, maybe brings some more competitive edge to the other guys. But you know, I mean, maybe he ball's out right.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: In twenty twenty one, he started ten games, He had six pass defense, he had two sacks, ninety one total tackles, four quarterback hits, six tackles for loss. I mean, he started thirty eight games in his NFL career. He's played in one hundred and six games in his NFL career. So I think I think, yeah, I think he's got a good shot of making this team, and I think he's got a good shot of, you know, being the third linebacker on this team. Now, I we'll see what happens, but this is gonna be somebody that will pump that competition.
Speaker 3: Up a little bit.
Speaker 2: Two picks in this seas he started as well too.
Speaker 1: That I mean when I'm looking for a linebacker for the deture Lions that comes up will spot, you should be looking for in the week side linebacker as somebody who's getting coverage. That was the role that Ansel played for you guys, the guys get on the blitz. The guy's going down the line. You're talking about your mic and your sand. Now this guy traditionally has played mike linebacker, but again, you're kind.
Speaker 3: Of the covers bear there for you. At Will.
Speaker 1: We talk I'll switching positions all the time, and this is the team that would do it. But I'm just I'm not telling he's going to be the starting linebacker at Will, but he's just going to have an opportunity to I feel like, and we have to watch it as we go throughout camp. Malcolm still my odds on favorite. I think he's actually played safety before he has placed. Hey, we talked about it with Yep, he played safe place safety. He had a pick in the NFC Championship game, it's a Notthenberger.
Speaker 4: In that season where he started ten games and when he was targeted the most, he was targeted fifty seven times. He allowed an eighty percent completion percentage, three and eighty seven yards and three touchdowns with a quarterback rating of ninety seven, and his career quarter back.
Speaker 3: Rating allowed is one hundred and seven. Settlement safety.
Speaker 4: I don't think in any world you can say he is a good coverage linebacker.
Speaker 3: Again, maybe just.
Speaker 4: More depth rather than fighting for an actual spot. I don't think you have a very good coverage linebacker on this team right now. Though outside you mean, Jack's your best. But yeah, even that's his the weakest part of his game.
Speaker 5: Has there been anyone out there that is like reasonable to acquire?
Speaker 3: Though? Never honestly, Tremaine Edmunds signed somewhere, but he's yet he was cooked. Yeah, where did he signed?
Speaker 4: He signed somewhere, pretty somewhere sweet, Yeah, like like they're probably gonna have a good.
Speaker 3: Defense more like Troy can't reader am I right from a d.
Speaker 2: Ship the Giants. Yeah, but that's nasty.
Speaker 3: Again, he was kind of he was pretty cooked. No, he's still straight.
Speaker 8: Sorry, that's that's my that's my bachelors. Are we kind of underrating though, that aspect of the Lion's defense.
Speaker 3: In terms of in terms of.
Speaker 8: Like just see how how yeah, in terms of need, in terms of like how that could potentially step set us back because we're all rightfully so looking at the secondary and the defensive line has its own questions too. But that's why I've always you know, talked about the Anzol piece of it is because like you just can't get killed like at like the midfield and the deep and the deep ball. Like if you're getting killed in the middle and and deep ball, it's like, you know, it's it's it's game over. You can have a great run defense and you're still gonna be you're still gonna be in a bad situation.
Speaker 3: So I just I.
Speaker 8: Feel like that that area is concerning to me.
Speaker 4: I agree, but I think there's just more problems that we got to deal with, like bigger pressing problems than your you know, coverage linebacker spot. It's kind of a luxury when you have a Again, we talked about it. How many teams in the NFL and you say that have two elite linebackers, like not a lot.
Speaker 3: So you know you got one.
Speaker 4: Is it would it be nice to have anzo still or to have a coverage guy. Sure, but we gotta find out who's starting at safety first before we're.
Speaker 3: Picking that one as much.
Speaker 4: I think that's why it's not like if the rest of the defense was sound and set, then yeah, we'd be talking a lot more about that spot.
Speaker 3: But it's just there's there's a lot of question marks on that side of the ball.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we had the conversation I think last week about the linebackers spots. I think as long as you have that main mic, you should be straight. Like we went over the top ten linebackers in the National Football League for according to ESPN, only two of the guys at a Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: It's like, it is it nice to have? For sure? Is a need? I don't know.
Speaker 1: In some scenarios, I feel like their surroundings create the player, Like for instance, Zach Bond a special teamer before he got to that Eagles team with Jalen Brown or Jalen.
Speaker 2: Carter, who's the other big guy that got on the line there.
Speaker 1: Fletcher Cox, Nolan Smith, Brandon Grant say like linebackers specifically that defensive line can make you. I mean, we had promising years of Ashley Palmer in Detroit and uh no, goddamn, but literally guys who like left here and became nothing, guys who were nothing coming into here. But then they got the defensive line with Nick Fairley and the go making Sue and Ezekiel Lonza and they're out there fucking Bo're like, damn, Ashley Palmer's fucking he might be pretty really good.
Speaker 2: There was other one like by that's actually good, but he got hurt. I can't think of his name.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say he was a dog. There was there was another one.
Speaker 4: There was another middle linebacker that we had that was good for like two years.
Speaker 3: We plan Tolkan Levy were actually good linebackers. So I'm looking up there.
Speaker 4: Ashley Palmer and this other. I want to say it was like white side, Yes here, white hear white head. He had like two seasons where I was like, fuck, we got a guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 1: Just surrounding at the linebacker's bot can make you look a lot better than you are.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Super chat in there from Adam from the D He says, if Troy Reider starts even one game, I'm going to Elijah Bellamy myself or Elijah Bienemy myself.
Speaker 3: All right, too soon, it's not that bad. Too soon. Uh yeah, you're gonna shoot your mom, he.
Speaker 5: Said myself.
Speaker 1: He started in Super Bowl guys, Yeah, and they won that game. Dbk wnebackers spot not fucking you know in need.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: He was a member for nine months, he said. Kelvin Sheppard running a bad defense scares me.
Speaker 3: I just I just don't know. I think you had more bad players. He did a bad defense last year.
Speaker 4: Well that's I mean, I think that's what he means, like having like Kelvin Sheppard running a defense that doesn't have the elite level talent. I feel like Aaron Gunn was a good coordinator. Like I don't want to be too disrespectful, but Aaron Glenn was great defense coordinator. When he had you know, bodies go down, he made it work to a tune of the top ten defense. I don't know if chef can do that, which, again, that's a lot to ask.
Speaker 5: For for ma Sure, I feel like like this is definitely a big year for him. But like you know, I mean, he went from just being a position coach to this. Now, you know, he hasn't. I mean what one year like, Yeah, I feel like this will be a good year for him. And granted, I mean the defense isn't like amazing or nothing, but I don't think it's terrible. Like it's not like our defense is absolutely atrocious. So I feel like he can definitely make something work, especially with you know, if the D line can produce.
Speaker 2: Yeah to hear why had actually had two solid seasons in Oakland follow his departure from Detroit, but especially he.
Speaker 3: Played in front of Khalil Mack And yeah, that's fair. Who else is on that defense? I forgot they were pretty actually solid. Yeah, all right, it's gonna break with no be awesome while behind you she was a beast good looking guy too.
Speaker 1: I think he went into acting, didn't he, Or he was trying to get into acting at some point.
Speaker 2: I remember he went to the Eagles and disappeared.
Speaker 4: I remember he was that first year he went to the Eagles. In Madden, he was the biggest cheat code of all time. You can literally play like two steps off a receiver and just press triangle when the ball come and he do a fucking interception like every single time. It was crazy.
Speaker 3: Those were the days. M hm. Alright, p Madden in Oakland. How old is this, dude? Says d G. Yeah, that was I mean that was what ten years ago? Problem that is that is a while ago. I HA know a lot to you.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you guys about the newest Woodward Sports partner and that is Icon Auto.
Speaker 1: The Icon you could count on. They've been around for a long time. If you've been an accident your vehicle needs repairs, just trust the team at Icon Auto Repair and Collision. With three convenient Mester Detroit locations in Mads and Nights, Shelby, Thompson and Pontiac, They've got you covered. They offer free car owners and even pay deductible Visit Icon Auto dot com.
Speaker 3: It's the Icon. You can count on.
Speaker 9: Some more Detroit Tigers coverage to make sure you subscribed to Woodward Tigers on YouTube and the Old Tigers all the Time.
Speaker 12: For the hardcore Detroit sports.
Speaker 9: Fans who can't get enough for the Motor Cities teams. All season long, you'll get non stop Tigers contents from on field interviews, postgame reactions, and roundtable insight from Woodward Sports Jimmy and games breakout season floating down Woodward Sports the most dominant Detroit sports coverage around.
Speaker 8: Two Supreme Lending, Chris and Chad call their numbers. They're on the screen today. Why should you call them? Zero percent down payment programs, ninety seven percent, customer satisfaction scored, ninety nine percent on time. These guys don't waste your time and they save you money. And for Woodwards Sports fans, they're they're hooking you up extra special five hundred dollars off your appraisal. So make sure if you're buying a house, you tap in with the boys at Supreme Lending.
Speaker 3: Check it out. What was that shout out to? Uh?
Speaker 4: Michael brand Seig meme guard on Instagram? It's a it's a Red Wings meme account and uh yeah, he's been pumping some some Arco Casper propaganda.
Speaker 3: I'm all here for it. Let's go, let's go. What up to? Welcome back to whatever weight? It's lib which sports dot com?
Speaker 1: He's West milleraxtion on Chris Skywalker smash like button beef friend to a friend and share this stream that threw me off. I put a poll in there, what you guys want to talk about next? Forty nine percent of you guys would like to talk about Jamison Williams versus Steve Smith. Now, this is as of now currently probably more soul one sided beef.
Speaker 3: I don't even want to call.
Speaker 1: It a beef. Just I'll let you guys take away from what it is. Steve Smith was asked the name his top ten or top five best wide receiver Duos and James Swims. I'm ros Saint Brown did not make the cuts.
Speaker 3: Just so crazy.
Speaker 5: It is insane, clickbit It's gotta be clickbait, like he knows what he's doing.
Speaker 3: Steve Smith's legit, dude, Steve, So you can.
Speaker 5: Be a great, you know player and not know what you're fucking talking about now, But.
Speaker 3: He does, does he?
Speaker 5: Brother?
Speaker 4: Yes, if they're not in his top five, does he they should be in his top five apps. It's inexcusable to keep them out of your top five if you don't have them at one because you've got Ceedee Lamb and George Pickens there, if you don't have them at two even because of Pukainakua and DeVante Adams, whatever, not to have them in your top five for a guy who is a multiple time All Pro, a multiple time first team All pro and the other guy who is at back to back thousand yard receiving seasons, which I don't think any other number two receiver in this league has over the past two years, is just crazy.
Speaker 3: Man, Like, here's we got the video piece. You want to play, Chris?
Speaker 8: Yeah, do I have to three camnis?
Speaker 3: I mean, can be safe?
Speaker 12: Okay?
Speaker 3: Yeah, give me a second, then a three cam in. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Like Steve Smith obviously knows Baul, He obviously knows the wide receiver position.
Speaker 6: He is.
Speaker 3: He was the man.
Speaker 4: I loved Steve Smith. He's one of my favorite wide receivers to watch. This is just a ridiculously bad take which happens happens to all of us.
Speaker 17: Last a question before we go and finish this out. Where does Jamo and Amanra Saint Brown rank among the one two's in your mind? Because I think Saint Brown's a top five receiver maybe in this league. Where do they rank kind of in the in the one two combos.
Speaker 3: Top five, top ten? No, they don't, they don't. Here's why they don't rank.
Speaker 12: Top five.
Speaker 3: Here's here's why.
Speaker 18: Because Jamo is not Jamo is still working. Okay, when I put if, here's the thing. If you remove Jamo's speed, is he better than t Higgins?
Speaker 17: I think right now T Higgins is better even if with Jamo's speed.
Speaker 18: But I'm I'm taking his superpower away?
Speaker 3: What man, what the fuck is that? Steve? If you cut off his leg, is he better than the other guy? Like?
Speaker 6: What? No?
Speaker 4: If you remove Jamison Williams speed, is he as good as to Jiggins?
Speaker 3: No, No, he's not.
Speaker 4: If you remove Tom Brady's ability to throw the ball, is he as good as Patrick Mahomes? Like, you can't you could say that about literally anybody.
Speaker 3: I get what he was trying to say.
Speaker 1: In fact, I was trying to make this point just the other week when we were talking about George Pickens versus Jamison Williams. There's just George picktts better at everything else other than speed and run blocking.
Speaker 3: I'll get the Jamo two, But he went to the extreme with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like for no reason.
Speaker 1: I Mean there's even another clip that I saw everything King posts where he's just like he's talk about the game where Amnad went down and Jameo disappeared, But the most recent game that happened was the Packers game, and Jamo had seven catches for.
Speaker 3: Like one hundred and forty four yards. Yeah, and Jami went fucking stupid. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Thanksgiving Day, Jamison Williams one hundred and forty yards in a touchdown on like seven catches when Amorrod was out.
Speaker 3: What Steve is.
Speaker 2: Great at is projecting these receivers, watching their tape and giving the breakdown of them coming into the league. I don't know that he's keeping up with him then after because this Jameson Williams take.
Speaker 3: Is it's pretty bad, very bad.
Speaker 2: I mean, you can't have them outside the top five.
Speaker 1: There's probably two duos I put ahead of them when healthy it is chasing t Higgins, Pickens and Lamb.
Speaker 3: Those are the only two.
Speaker 5: Not Puk and DeVante.
Speaker 2: Okay, well no, maybe maybe three, maybe three, but that's it.
Speaker 3: They're still the top five. Yeah, even in that scenario, it's it's just crazy.
Speaker 5: I think he's just trying to say it, which it doesn't even make sense, but he's just saying he's like a speedster or something, and that's it. Like there's a lot more than Jameson Williams. It just gets I don't want to say overshadowed, but like he's fast and like that just works. For him, you know, and if it works for you, you know, you don't have to fix it.
Speaker 4: If you take away take away Tyreek Hill's speed, would he be the same player if you take away Jamir gibbs speed, Is he gonna be the same player? Like, you can't say that shit what it is? Yeah, that's his best attribute because he's the fan. That's this fucking player in the NFL that has to account for something.
Speaker 2: I get what he's hitting to some of the hands, some of the hands in the routes. The routes like, by the way, the ones that he runs are fucking clean, Like he's a good route runner. It's just the bag isn't fully dumped onto him. But it's all that's a little bit by design too. It's like, Okay, you're really fucking good at this. No one can stop you at it because you're really fucking fast.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna have you run too many other things. Yeah, why would you have you know, don't need him running all these complex.
Speaker 1: Routes outside of the screens. We gotta, you know, relax. Outside that Packers game, we got chilling the fucking Jami third down speach, which I think what happened this year now John Morten's fucking gone.
Speaker 2: But I get again, it's it's the hands. I think it's ways trying to get at hands, body control, that kind of stuff. But Jamo, I mean it just the duo itself, the top five do There's nothing else to say, to be honest.
Speaker 5: It's just it's disrespectful to Amorade at a certain point, like Ominade like it. I mean it, like we're lucky to have Jamo, you know, to the side of him, but like, yeah, I mean just him and like any serviceable wide receiver is like that's top five consideration just based off his talent alone.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, you can even make the argument too, like out of the top five duos in the league, this is the one that compliment each other the best. Got the one guy who run the short c in the middle of rocks, so you got the one.
Speaker 3: Guy taking it all deep mh. I just I just you can't. I don't know. I gotta maybe watch that video and it's turdy.
Speaker 1: Maybe he goes back on it the more he starts to listen to I gotta see what duos is he putting ahead of them, because this is really just a three and one of them is debatable. I would actually still put them in the Devantam's had a tremendous year last year before he went out with Matt Stafford. Yeah, but still spooking a cool arguably of top three, top five Lewantamams was fucking bawling.
Speaker 4: Philly Lion with the super chant says if Pat Mahomes had no arms, would he still win championships? Steve's burnt out? I mean, yeah, you like, it's just I hate argument.
Speaker 3: May get him on the show. What if he's not fast? Well, yeah, he probably wouldn't be in the league.
Speaker 5: I guess we will never know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, remember he's fucking that guy's wife. He started tagging all these companies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Steve spent this fucking my wife.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, that ship was crazy, dude. How even were they sponsors of his or something? But still at Taco about Steve Smith's.
Speaker 3: The hell do you want us to do about Gordon? Awful dude, No one give a of course, So bad for that guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know what he thought was gonna happen, But yeah, like at ESPN, Steve Smiths banging my wife.
Speaker 1: Sorry, gotta hurt worse when someone cool fucking your wife actually probably hurt worse with someone.
Speaker 5: Some losers like, come on, see.
Speaker 3: Smith's wife, Like, okay, Steve Smith, that's Steve Smith. He's backing Randy from Accountings, fucking your wife. Yeah, I got kill exactly right. I'm somebody's gotta die allegedly. Allegedly, That's where I would go, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: But see Smith, I'm like, can you at least get as an autograph and what the fuck I mean.
Speaker 8: Out of this autograph?
Speaker 3: After it's just nasty take us on vacation. You guys do what you do. I'll you know, see things. I think that.
Speaker 8: I think that what makes those situations whorse though, is that it's celebrity. So now it becomes like a story where it's like if it's Randy from Accounting, like only fucking you know John and Teresa, the neighbors next door know what the fu?
Speaker 3: Yeah you're not for Randy.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I will say that when it comes to like this, uh this take from Steve Smith, Like yeah, I find that I get what he's saying, But the argument to me is dumb because yeah, at the end of the day, we're not just like taking parts out of people's game that make them great and being like, all right, well if you if you handicap this, then this is what they really are. That's just a dumb conversation to have. But what it does show me is we see his time and time again. Athletes that are in broadcasting have extreme biases. They love the people that follow there, that that are from their mold, that are their type of player, that are you know.
Speaker 3: Or they feel like.
Speaker 8: Brown like look at look at a look at Shaq and Dwight Howard right like you know what I mean, Like Shaq used to fucking rip Dwight Howard because of the Orlando thing, and because Dwight was like a version of was propped up to be shocked and was never shack And so there's just like there's there's just that ego that makes them great, also makes them like, you know.
Speaker 3: Because Orlando likes Dwight more than Check he did.
Speaker 4: But it's like that you can say, yeah, you could say that in a different way, but if you take away speed, is he better?
Speaker 3: What come on? Man?
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's it's it's a it's a dumb it's a dumb argument because at the end of the day, like these these athletes, they have their they have their egos, they have their perceived biases, just like everybody else. I'm not saying I know more in Steve Smith in football. He obviously knows way more than I'll ever learn in football. That's true. But also the other truth of it is that athletes have biases.
Speaker 4: The due Yeah, Adam from the dal with the super chess is now that that's an Elijah b enemy.
Speaker 3: I mean I don't still too soon. I hope it is his wife. Okay, I don't know. If it's your wife.
Speaker 6: I think it's.
Speaker 3: What's even worse.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna knocks you up and then the spawn shoots you. It's fucking crazy. You can't become a head coach either, that's the fun. I mean, fuck, that's.
Speaker 3: Nutsty crawling back to Andy Reid and then he.
Speaker 2: Passed on CT through his genetics.
Speaker 3: That's sucking nut. That's insane. This is all right?
Speaker 2: Uh he I ain't right, says if you make easy skinny, is he still heavyweight?
Speaker 1: I promise you I never want to be on a two thirty in my life. I've seen it in the in the gym. Don't go pretty, don't be a small man. All right, you're you're a lot of things can happen to you.
Speaker 3: Well, man gonna hold you down to can squiff you.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. Unless you're like, you know, trained up. Yeah, but if you're not, you can be penetrated.
Speaker 3: I'm just let's go to break.
Speaker 19: Let me tell you about Mad Pas and God's Mad Packs that's the sponsor. After that, go to get Madpacks dot Com to find a location near you selling the best product in the game. They've got their new gummies on the market. If you're not as much of a smoke.
Speaker 4: Guy, They've also got top shelf Flower, They've got you know, the infused pre rolls, and now their own line of concentrate, including the Blue Knight, which is my favorite. Go to get Madpacks dot Com and find it near you today, Mad Flavor, Mad High, Mad Packs.
Speaker 9: The hunting season is almost to your detroits and you're lions are on the prow. Make sure you're locked into Woodward Sports for all the Dan Campbell reactions, Jared Goff touchdowns, Common Roth first downs, pancakes, Kirmy Picks, Gimm's Big Plays, and of course Jack Fox's.
Speaker 12: Leg yes Day.
Speaker 9: Locked in on all your lions coverage right here on Detroit's number one sports network.
Speaker 20: Sports, It's game on at Arton Jakes, wings burgers, pizza and ice cold drink served up with attention to detail, Wall to wall TV's great service and a vibe that keeps your crew coming back. Artin Jakes a sports bar setting with a fine dining flavor.
Speaker 9: For more Detroit Tigers coverage, make sure you subscribe to Woodward Tigers on YouTube.
Speaker 12: Old Tigers all the time.
Speaker 9: For the hardcore Detroit sports fans and can't get enough for the Motor City's teams.
Speaker 12: All season long.
Speaker 9: You'll get NonStop Tigers contents from on field interviews, postgame reactions, and roundtable insight from Woodward sports.
Speaker 3: Guys. Arn Jakes is my spot, all right. There's one weakness I have.
Speaker 1: There's many weaknesses, but the one weakness I have is cookie bliss all right, but don't get messed up.
Speaker 2: They got protein there too. The wings are great. I mean, the food is great. That's the selling Art and Jakes beyonest to you.
Speaker 1: You going wear and watch a game, but why not go somewhere where the food is Actually that's why it's Art and Jakes as a sports bar setting with fine dunning flavor.
Speaker 3: I mean that too.
Speaker 2: You're gonna go sit around drink watch again?
Speaker 3: Why go somewhere no offense to you that doesn't serve food or at least have good food. Once you found Mont, where are you at every night? Yeah? You gotta, you gotta, you gotta pick a good spot, man.
Speaker 5: What's your other weaknesses?
Speaker 3: My other weaknesses? Growing up?
Speaker 2: It was bench bench was a weakness of mine.
Speaker 3: That's I still performed well, like you know, physically what bench in bench press like benching? Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Well what I have no idea what?
Speaker 5: You can only sit down and chairs?
Speaker 3: I just can't sit down. I was definitely scared. I hope you were a starter then.
Speaker 2: Running running. I'm not a big fan of running. I'm just I'm not.
Speaker 5: I think it's where it's at.
Speaker 1: Yeah that when I do it, I do the farmer carry just grab the ways walking around for saying too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh I love him. D b K one eighty seven with the super chat. He said, you guys see our city hall, Miskeigan got raided, No way got out J six dream.
Speaker 3: I believe it though, that's crazy. Vida requested the trade. They can't keep us under wraps for too long.
Speaker 2: We can't. I can't even get excited for that. We ain't getting them.
Speaker 3: Is that true?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's two times now shot in d n C. I don't think they're in sequence. If not, I mean I'm calling a wellness check on DNC. Yeah, Ian rapport, long time Bucks defend the tackle. Vidavey As requested the trade watching fucking Rams.
Speaker 5: Dude, jesus, he just gotta even put that in the universe.
Speaker 8: Didn't didn't he? Aren't they who got bane?
Speaker 3: They got? Yeah?
Speaker 8: Why would you?
Speaker 3: You don't care? He wants the contract. Yes, he probably wants to get paid, which I mean, he's fucking amazing. He should be paid.
Speaker 4: And maybe maybe he wants to win a Super Bowl more than because didn't he get paid.
Speaker 3: I thought he got a pretty fat contract. Now it's a final year of his contract. Oh okay, and obviously not redoing it. He wants to get the fuck.
Speaker 5: Up out of all Dan, Where would he go?
Speaker 1: He's got a twenty two million dollar cap hit this season. If he's traded, whoever gets someone will be only paying six million, So we could do that.
Speaker 3: Hold on, let me see posting I would crash.
Speaker 2: It's literally gonna go to the Rams if you traded for Veta. Okay, fuck, we could do this. If you traded for Veta.
Speaker 3: To watch your mouth, he's gonna go to the Rams. That would be insane. It's gonna be.
Speaker 4: Vitaveta, Aaron Donald, Byron Young, and Miles fucking Garrett.
Speaker 5: I'm taking a break from that happen.
Speaker 1: I've seen a lot of people saying it depends on Stafford's health, which is obviously true.
Speaker 3: You might still pull something. I mean, that's insane. I mean, they just drafted their first round quarterbacks.
Speaker 1: So if you traded for Vita Vea, the Bucks would be on the hook for eighteen million dollars.
Speaker 2: You would only be paying in four point one. You can afford that if you the Detroit.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, who what are you giving up for him? Everything? I can't.
Speaker 2: I's only one year, so wouldn't cost that much.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You probably get him like a fourth probably he's thirty one years old on the last year of his deal.
Speaker 4: Well, that fourth could be used to trade up in the fifth rounds.
Speaker 3: Could we afford to pass on that? Yeah? That geez man.
Speaker 1: But then that cuts into who we're about to talk about now is Tyler william He's.
Speaker 3: Going to the Rams? Bro that insane? Who cares?
Speaker 4: Why I could see it? Why wouldn't the Rams do that? You're all the way in already, you're telling me another fourth round pick is gonna break the bank. Nah, I'd give him a second. If I was the Rams, I would go to I would pick up the phone and call Tampa right now and say, I'll give you a second round pick for vita Vel. Nobody else in the league will do that. If you want the best return, you do it right now. They trade it through him, and when the Super Bowl he gets paid, and then they get a pick back because he's gonna get a fat contract.
Speaker 8: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'd love to sit here and yeah, that's a fucking great point on that. Ah, that's a great point in that I'd love to say here. I can't even fake that we would trade for Vitavia. This is not a chance in how we would. Brad's not gonna do it for the assets. He's not gonna do it because Tally Williams and he's thirty one years old.
Speaker 3: I mean, just I can't. I don't know he's going to the Rams.
Speaker 2: If it was a position of need, that saying entertaining for you, guys.
Speaker 5: Sean McVay might personally spot four million dollars just to get him, Like I would.
Speaker 3: I would, I would.
Speaker 4: If I was Miles Garrett, I would say, you can take the money off of my contract and give it to Vitavea. This guy are Miles Garrett is already one of the most richest players in NFL history. An extra fucking six million to have a potential defensive tackle combination of Vitavea and Aaron Donald.
Speaker 1: Had up from the d Can I interest you in Kirby Joseph.
Speaker 3: That's literally going to the Rams. Oh, I can't pretend we're gonna trade for it. We're not fucking training for Vida. He's gonna go to the Rams.
Speaker 1: By by the way, if you have one of my favorite non Detroit Lions in the NFL, I fucking love watching that guy play.
Speaker 2: He's a fucking tam game changer. Yeah, go back to that Week two game. I think it was twenty twenty four happened. I don't know what season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, twenty twenty four was doing damage.
Speaker 2: Fucking us up. Now, guy's a monster. We got lucky he got hurt.
Speaker 4: Number one worst case scenario, Los Angeles Rams, number two worst case scenario, Green Bay Packers.
Speaker 1: Wow, damn anywhere in anywhere else in the NC twice a year.
Speaker 3: I'm good. Fuck that.
Speaker 1: I'm so straight on that he's the best nose tag arguably one of the best nose tackles in the game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what did they do? Did he make their lits? No, because they're probably doing They probably just did three tags. Yeah.
Speaker 8: I can't wait for Neil to borrow to be like he's just a rake.
Speaker 3: I'm a good player.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, but he's thirty one in fat Maybe.
Speaker 8: If I want to maybe slowing down, I want to genuinely ask this question because this segment was supposed to be about Tyler Williams development. Well, if I could kind of parlay parlay that, if the where to actually do this, how much benefit do you believe that that you get a year under somebody like that, somebody that that that's that great Because we talked about in basketball, right, like go get Kyrie for kid cutting him right, like give him you know, like that that being around that greatness will help you reach another level. Do you think that that matters of football, particularly at that at that position, or do you think REP does.
Speaker 4: I think it definitely helps, but I also just think Videvea is a game changer still right now, like the Yeah, he can help, you know, trying to party teach you guys like Tyler Williams.
Speaker 3: That would definitely help his improvement. But just having him would be insane and oh my goodness, elgato.
Speaker 4: With the super chat, he says, Veto with new a lean plus Tyler Williams, that would be nasty. DBK says with the super chat, he goes to the Rams, I'm skinning my wang with a potato peeler.
Speaker 3: See, that's crazy. You probably go viral though you would hopefully you got a small wang. Yeah, I wouldn't take you long. It wouldn't take Chris too long, very.
Speaker 21: Well if that little spud dude, he's literally guys, I can't feel I'm not gonna I'm not gonna pretinue like we're gonna trade for you to We're not.
Speaker 3: We're not.
Speaker 22: Wouldn't done anything like that ever, ever, ever, ever made on the top of the fact that we have two guys one day's paying, Why don't you just drapped the first round pick, and I think when healthy Lee's pretty fucking good, I think Toy League is gonna.
Speaker 3: Up being pretty good. We're not training for Maybe if.
Speaker 4: We say he's not gonna do it or he shouldn't do it, he'll actually do it this time our first psychology that is true, then then that could free up to leave him to play at Edge, which they love putting him out there.
Speaker 8: I don't care, dude. I would tell like, if it means Rusher, go give.
Speaker 3: You Literally he's gonna go to the Rams.
Speaker 4: He is because it's gonna nobody's gonna offer more than what the Rams will because you're not gonna have to give up a first round pick.
Speaker 3: To him to get him.
Speaker 1: Jordan Schultz confirms when we were kind of speculating he wants a new contract.
Speaker 3: That's the reason he wants out. Thank God, just pay him, so another reason we're not getting Tampa Bay. Pay him.
Speaker 2: Please, But if you get him out of the NFC, I'll be cool with that. Get him out of the NFC, I'll be cool with that too.
Speaker 5: Packers pretty realistic. I'm not gonna lie Packers. Packers like he gets the opportunity to play with an absolute young stud in Michaeh Parsons like.
Speaker 4: D hint with the membership for sixteen months. In the chat, we appreciate you, brother, he says, if it makes sense, Brad will.
Speaker 2: Not do it a wow Dante one five to one, damn it.
Speaker 3: That's fair couping to this point.
Speaker 2: Dante one five one says, watch Vave goes to Seahawks or.
Speaker 1: The forty nine ers. I could see the Seahawks. Maybe they got the bread. It would be a vine video.
Speaker 3: That's how small it is. Man says DVK. Not fine. I can tell.
Speaker 8: It's a very flattery, flattery compliment.
Speaker 3: So they all do what he's talking about.
Speaker 8: His oy Oh, I thought I'm not to tell you about Dvk's TB.
Speaker 3: They've told me dbks is huge shout out. I'm always trying to get to the bottom. DVK, is your name Mark? By any chance? Is your real name? Mark?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 3: I ship, dude. He goes for the ultimately probably like a third fourth round pick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so too. They want to be compensated, for sure. They'd like to be compt because be paying the eighteen million. But he's thirty one years old, and you know other teams have to pay him too. I think they're got like a fourth round pick.
Speaker 8: Probably what's what's the team though that it makes sense to pay him long term, to give him that he's actually looking for.
Speaker 3: Maybe, dude, you'd be nasty on the time. That nasty. Honestly, the new Oh didn't you hold get trade?
Speaker 4: The Packers make sense? It does though. They lost Wyatt, they just trade it.
Speaker 3: They just paid him. Oh who they lose Kenny Smith? Oh? Yeah, I think it's Kenny Smith.
Speaker 5: They just trade Kenny Clark. Yeah to the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Cowboys fan to the Cowboys. Put him next to Quentin Williams. Pretty nasty.
Speaker 3: Get him out of the NFC. Maybe the Jets. Maybe the Jets makes sense for them. They a lot of money.
Speaker 4: They need an interior defensive guy. Aaron Glenn loves to stop the run Viavea, probably the best run stuffer in the league. If he goes to the Jets, I mean, good for you, brother. Can the Giants afford it?
Speaker 3: No, they did get rid of Dexter Laurence. They can't afford him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's different. There's just different money. Dexcell lost money versus is it though?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Thirty one years old. Yeah, that's there.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at teams that drafted at edge. I mean that's the probably the teams I'll be let'll be calling. Chads, did get David Bailey? That would Jets make a less sense.
Speaker 4: Casey put him next to Chris Jones, that'd be tough, crazy bro Chris Jones and vidave up the middle, that would be insane.
Speaker 5: Patrick Mahomes literally could play with no arms and they probably fucking.
Speaker 2: Probably imagine VDA A was skinny, just take away.
Speaker 3: I'm being fucking and what if wasn't four hundred pounds? What if A wasn't some owing? Yeah, yes, he has good to be honest. Fuck, dude, he's gonna go to the Rams. If you're the Rams, I'm calling for sure. For sure, I'm telling I'll give you a second round pick, get him on a discount just for the one year. But if you're him, do you wanna Yes, he's already won a Super Bowl, so he I think he's chasing the bag get paid after. I don't know. I just know we're not getting them. We'll get back.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about our big man. But facet, let me tell you about the yalldo I Center. If you guys are looking to the Detroit Lions ledger book and thinking they're trading and paying for videvea. You might need to get your eyes checked, to be honest with sixteen ninety nine. Get your eyes fixed. No more money on contacts, more money on glasses. It's the yard I Center. They've been doing it for over thirty years, over one hundred thousand operations in their back pocket. That's why they got most pages out of there and under eight minutes, and they're seeing twenty twenty the very next day. Schedule your consultation today by visit Yaldo i ciner dot com slast sixteen ninety nine.
Speaker 9: For more Detroit Tigers coverage, make sure you subscribe to Woodward Tigers on YouTube the old Tigers all the time for.
Speaker 12: The hardcore Detroit sports.
Speaker 9: Fans and can't get enough for the Motor City's teams. All season long, you'll get non stop Tigers contents from on field interviews, postgame reactions, and roundtable insight from Woodward Sports.
Speaker 13: Some days call for light, others lean bold, what about everything in between? All day IPAs easy choice for every day citrusy crisp refreshing flavor.
Speaker 14: You can float with light on the hops, big on refreshment. One's great two even better brewed with you and money, No short cuts, no fuss, big on flavor, never too much, all day ip A Hop into Easy.
Speaker 12: Jimia Gibbs, Breakout Season, Floating Lips, The Five Kits, Touchdown.
Speaker 9: Woodward Sports the most dominant Detroit sports coverage around.
Speaker 11: We don't like to brag that we are the toughest sports network in Detroit, but we.
Speaker 6: Do have a guy named Darren McCarty on our.
Speaker 12: Side, Woodward Sports.
Speaker 3: I got one of those Loom Cannabis.
Speaker 4: Go Loom dot com to find a store near you today. He's promo code WS and thirty. Get thirty percent off and make sure you check out some of their buzzing energy drinks. Seven have Pilgrims, TC Hunters, Caffeine in a can.
Speaker 3: Check him out. It's Loom dot Com Loom Cannabis.
Speaker 4: Shout out to Birdie Dudetary Defense.
Speaker 3: If I got an Arsenal, dude.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to Havyweight, smash like button, befriend to a friends, share the stream.
Speaker 3: Every time he gets a new one, he sign it to me.
Speaker 1: I know we're talking about uh trail for VI de bath not gonna happen. However, we currently have a big man on our team. He's just slimming down a little bit. Tyler Williams posting on his Instagram today he dropped fifty pounds and I think everyone needs a fucking relax a little bit.
Speaker 3: It's the guy. I speak this.
Speaker 1: I say this because I was watching Jeff and Booner a little bit. I love the guys, but Booners like, he can't play it. It's the tackle.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 1: Jeff'sayna said he's always gonna play nose tackle. But he's not dropping from fucking three twenty. He's dropping. This guy when he got to Ohio State was like three hundred and sixty pounds. Yeah, he's starting from there, coming down from there. This guy gets big in the offseason. His first year being a millionaire, you know, probably got a little heavy.
Speaker 3: In the offseason. Eating good. Yes, he says himself, I like to eat.
Speaker 1: I remember specifically when Brad Holmes and Dan Campbell drafted him on the hot behind the den. They're in there, some mom man, this guy next to Mac. They want him at the nose tackle. They want him as the big defensive tackle. I think everybody's calm down a little bit. He's not too ninety, he's not too sixty. He's not moving the linebacker. He's dropping fifty pounds from probably like three seventy something.
Speaker 3: Big like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's still gonna be a big man. He's still gonna be like your big defensive tackle in my opinion.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, he's going to be the space eater. He's going to be the man in the middle. He's going to be the guy that is your potentially Vita Veil. So uh yeah, No, it's not like the Lions would allow him to drop to two hundred and sixty pounds, Like, that's not gonna happen. So don't worry, he's not. We're not testing him out of edge this year.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 4: It's it's like you said, he probably got a little rich, he got a little bigger. You know, Detroit's got a lot of good food, and he decided to cut some pounds. Is he under three hundred pounds, like maybe maybe he's around two ninety or something like that, But that's still fine to play nose tackle in the league when you're strong and you're big, and you're leveraged and you know what, you're doing. The guy is not going to put his role on this team in jeopardy to lose weight. It was obviously orchestrated, conducted, and emphasized by the Lions. There was something that he needed to do to put himself in better shape so he can play more games, so he can play throughout a game. And now with him coming into the role where he is your starting defensive tackle and you don't have a DJ Reader and or a Roy Lopez behind him, he is going to be playing a lot of snaps this year and that's going to take much improved endurance.
Speaker 3: And that was a part of it. You remember Jordan Davis.
Speaker 4: Lost like sixty pounds one offseason and now he plays a lot of the games for Philly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's on me, said, I know when he's back in a house is it there like an interview after he got drafted, but he was talking about this freshman real house state because of COVID he came in at like three sixty three seventy. Yeah, he had to lose weight then too. I think you want I want to he dropped down like three hundred and three to ten or something like that. I think that's what's going on in this situation too. I don't think we're losing them. And he talked about this at camp.
Speaker 3: Do you have that video?
Speaker 2: Chris a mini camp last week? He told you guys, he's gonna lose weight.
Speaker 3: They kind of picked holes for you this obviously. He's when I'm setting yourself up for success going into your tip.
Speaker 4: Uh, probably had a little bit more weight, I said, just playbook, you know, being a better teammate.
Speaker 3: It's probably it what your position.
Speaker 2: Do you expect that to maybe expand a little bit in terms of you moving up and down the line a little bit?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I'll be playing some nose this year and some three tech what we'll see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and told you to lose the weight, told you playing nose tackle on the very next question. I just I want people to call him down a little bit. Yeah, I know our boys were up here fear mongering. It's not COI League's playing defensive tack.
Speaker 3: They were that worried about it. You know how boom gets Oh my god, man, Yeah, TI League's done. Waste of a pick. He lost some weight. The Colin Mozimpic Williams. Are they really no?
Speaker 1: Oh, that'd be funny. Now I think tell he's not a good year. I think he's getting playing shape. We're could be on the field more last year splitting reps for Roy Lopez. Yeah, probably needs to get in shape because this year we don't have Roy Lopez split reps. With a matter of fact, I couldn't even tell you who's behind him at the big D and a big defensive tackle spot.
Speaker 3: Maybe I'm no, I couldn't even. I really couldn't tell you.
Speaker 4: This is a good thing for the Lions, Like, don't let people tell you that it's not a good thing that one of their younger players got into better shape. We see this happen with defensive tackles throughout the league all the time because they do get too big.
Speaker 3: In college.
Speaker 4: You're not playing as fast as you do in the pros. You're not exerting yourself as much as you do in the pros. You can be a little out of shape if you're playing defensive tackle in college, not in the NFL. You're asked to do a lot more. You're asked to do a lot of different things. It's much more fast paced, much more intense game, and you need to make sure that your endurance and your stamina are there, and that's what he did this offseason, which is a great thing to hear. In all lines, fans should be happy. So if anybody's fear mongering, it just come on.
Speaker 2: Tumbler's stupid and they're chasing the best players in our ton out.
Speaker 4: Yeah but but cape for Houston running back, you're scaring the good players. Yeah, but hate but hate it two times.
Speaker 3: O young winner for wanting money making, may see cool making, may see it's just you know that they see a wave to ride. O can't hate on it. I'm with him, not them.
Speaker 2: But yeah, on this one, you got anything on this Guyger Chris uh tyleek.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Dropping fifty pounds, bro, I mean I.
Speaker 5: Feel like that's just NFL. You need, you need durance, like you know, I still think he's gonna be fine. Stuff in you know, a B gap, any gap really, Uh, the fifty pounds isn't really gonna matter. I imagine that's mostly, if not all, just pure fat. So like he's just gonna be faster and stronger. It's just a win win scenario. I don't I don't see the downside.
Speaker 3: In this at all. He tweeted it.
Speaker 1: I wasn't three twenty eight. Relax, he said, I was not three twenty eight, five months ago. Let's relax.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Bro was probably three point fifty three fifty five. Oh yeah, I mean I'm saying, I'm thinking north of that. Probably it's really easy to put on weight three seventy.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I get first year being a millionaire, and you like food and Detroit, brother, you're gonna get big.
Speaker 3: I know, I know you know.
Speaker 4: Jeff and Booner might be teetering on that line. But don't listen to skinny guys talk about fat guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah we know facts. Thank you. Actually I love that. Yeah, I don't want to bash it.
Speaker 2: But Bluller says, a disrepectus stuff bout leave me Neil talking about the sack numbers.
Speaker 3: But it's not a defensive tackles job to go get sacks. Now.
Speaker 1: If they're getting sacks, that's a plus. Don't listen to skinny guys talking about big guys.
Speaker 4: I'm with you in that one, unless unless you were over three hundred pounds at one point in your life. I don't want you to hear I don't want to hear you complaining about a defensive tackle losing weight because you don't know how big those guys actually are. You don't know how much Tiler Williams actually weighed. Look at Hutch walking next to Ward Wallin on that walk. Imagine that being a fat man. Yeah, you're gonna get it the three eighty easy easily, like Hutch. If Hutch let himself go, he'd be cruising in at like four hundred pounds.
Speaker 3: Almost.
Speaker 4: The guy's almost three hundred pounds looking the way he does. Like, these guys weigh way more than we think. And every time they're put on a a you know, scale or list that they put on an actual paper and give out, it's always more flattering to them. So like, I guarantee Tyler Williams is still above three hundred pounds.
Speaker 8: How come when women do it, they're champions.
Speaker 1: Ben Hathaway, you'll take the shot, all right to to break come back, tell us by amnesia.
Speaker 4: Shout out, nitty gritty dude, that's good to hear.
Speaker 3: Amnesia. Hell yeah, niddy, god damn ye.
Speaker 4: Find an amnesia near you today. Pretty Much every dispensary around seals them. If you walk into a dispensary and you ask for the amnesia switch. You're gonna get the best vape in the game. It's got two flavors of liquid THHCA diamonds in a single device. He just press a button to choose between them or hit them both at the same time. Shout out to Amnesia, the excuse me, the switch from Amnesia.
Speaker 3: Find it at any dispensary near you. It's Amnesia.
Speaker 9: The hunting season is almost to your detroits and your Lions are on the prow. Make sure you're locked into Woodward Sports for all the Dan Campbell reactions, Jared Goff touchdowns, com and Roth first Downsny Pancakes, Kirmy Picks, Jim's big plays, and of course Jack Fox his leg yes day. Locked in on all your Lions coverage right here on Detroit's number one sports network Sports.
Speaker 4: You're building a whole combat sports enterprise in the heart of it in Detroit.
Speaker 16: And that's why I I think with opportunity, right, like you said, maybe you like to punch people in the face for real, and you know you want to be a boxer and you have an option there. Maybe you don't like get punched in the face and you want to make you know, you like the theatricals and the storylines, and you have an avenue here. Maybe you start at one and then want to change to the other. I don't care. I just want you in the building and know that you have some place to go to explore that. Just having the ability to what do you want to do and how do you want to do it to the best of your ability? And you know it to me, it all starts with the kids.
Speaker 11: We don't like to brag that we are the toughest sports network in Detroit, but we.
Speaker 6: Do have a guy named Darren McCartney on our side.
Speaker 12: Woodward Sports.
Speaker 1: Gold Crown Royal Gestures when rote this weekend, and it's safe to say we had a great reaken four times in Fuse Quad and Fuse Heath Coded. One of the best things going right now is the Gold Crowns. Make sure next time of dispensary you grabble one. Don't think, just ask smoke like Worldsy only with gold crowd. Actually, UH put on heavy for a few brands this week and I had a couple of people hours passing them out.
Speaker 3: Oh get.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't put off a gold Crown A little bit shot awesome. Our other guys that you know we're frequent too. I'm not gonna say rafter, but shot shot, go crown, Chris. We got some more football, so we want you this one. We got a bunch stuff here.
Speaker 2: You got Katie chilling with k cunney him over the weekend.
Speaker 3: Come on, man, Gibbs putting on some weight.
Speaker 4: Do we have the pictures with that one or wild? Okay, okay. He just looked bigger. He looked like his arms looked bigger, which maybe we can do that. I mean, we don't really need.
Speaker 3: The picture, but heavy weight to always tell my wait on the show. Yeah, that fat fun Jamier Gibbs.
Speaker 4: It's uh now, here's the guy that lose fifty bob. Yeah, Jamiir Gibbs. You know they did the media day pictures, the Lions posted the media day pictures, and Jamier Gibbs looked to me at least noticeably bigger in the arms and the chest and stuff like that, which I think obviously as he grows and you know, gets more and more involved in this company, that's what happens. But I think he also needed that a little bit to to kind of you know, add to if he's going to take over as the Belcow as the wide receiver or as the running back one he's going to lead need a little bit more, you know, junk in the trunk to kind of handle those amount of carries and the amount of beating a true running back one takes in this league. How confident are you that Jamier Gibbs can, like withstand that type of workload.
Speaker 1: I think the way they've handled his carries leading into the season is what's gonna help it. You could do what, Yeah, what's gonna help it out a little bit?
Speaker 3: Bros.
Speaker 4: Looking like his arms look pretty fucking big. Yeah, I mean he's it's not like he was ever like a real skinny guy. Yeah, you know, he's always been pretty been a jack. Thicker, arms looking pretty big.
Speaker 2: I think you should man again, like it's a it's a long season, a long seventeen game season, and you all due respect Isaiah p with Checo, but like they're gonna want the football in your hands. Brother, they ain't gonna want to take you off the field because you know what you can do. I didn't give a moment.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, I would like him to get a little thicker because I think he's still be explosive. I was watching a video of him in Monty just stretched before game randomly on Twitter. I think I scrolling past it was like it's visible how much thicker Monty was than Gibbs. Yeah, and I don't know what year that was, it was the rookie or not. I actually think we wanted it last year because a number changed. But I was like, Gibbs could, Yeah, Gibs can put on a little bit more, A little bit. I would be mad.
Speaker 3: Put on a little bit more. He got a little thicker.
Speaker 5: I feel like I'm finding like sacrificing a little bit of his speed. I don't think his explosiveness so like really change it all. But you know he's gonna be taking way more snaps. I'd much rather him be a little more muscular and and just feel protected. Then uh, you know the downside of him possibly getting injured and you know, playing like he did these past couples, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because he is such a weapon to have out there at any time, especially like on third downs. And I know Stick brought up that you shouldn't pay him because he can't pass protector, which is just absolutely ridiculous. But it's I mean, he isn't the best pass protector and putting on some weight, having a more sturdy bass, having the stronger upper body can definitely help in situations like that. And you you need him out there as much as pot like you said, I mean, I think we all like Pachecko for his role, but I don't think anybody wants to see him out there instead.
Speaker 1: Of Gibbs million, quadulion percent, the other Stuffie on the Dog and too. Chris, do you have the photo of this Kay and Katie Chilling?
Speaker 3: Did you send it? Bunchy? No, I didn't. I can get away.
Speaker 8: You talk about it now?
Speaker 3: What happened?
Speaker 8: Yeah, So Kevin Durham made a cryptic post over the weekend. It was him sitting next to do you won the only k Cully and Ham with the song playing by Drake make Them Cry, which if you know Ice Man, if you know that that album, that song is uh Drake, you know, talking about his disdain for his current situation, going against, going against the label and this and that and so there's there's some lines in Iceman that if you go through and I'll and I'll pull them up while you while you're getting the picture, Okay, I'll get I'll get that. But there's some lines in Iceman that you could see Kevin Duray kind of you know, using the shade Houston. This is to me, the most passive aggressive trade request on gonna be a history.
Speaker 3: He clearly is leaning into the post.
Speaker 8: The post itself isn't a trade request, but it's it's letting him, it's letting it be known that he does not want to be in Houston. If that makes sense, That's how I'm interpreting it, because now this is this isn't just one post you're doing. When you were trolling, you know, right when the conversation was hot, this conversation died out. Pisses fans, We gave up, We thought this was over. We were like, man, this man, God talk about Jayleen duran again and and you know all of that, and now we're having Kevin Durrant conversation because of Kevin Durant. So I think that I think that he true, he truly does want to play in Detroit with Kate Cunneham. I think that idea fascinates him. I think he is over the Houston situation. Kevin Durant. I mean, look, the last couple of situations he's been in. He's wanted to leave in the first year or two. Yeah, that's just what That's just the type of player he is, so come to death.
Speaker 3: Row for a year or two. I'm good with It. Hasn't always been like sign trades other than like when he went to Phoenix.
Speaker 8: So let me think Brooklyn was signing trade. I don't know if Golden State was a sign and trade. I think it just outrade. It might have been because it was free agency. But yeah, and then and then Phoenix was a was a trade, and then Houston was a trade request a trade demand to Houston he didn't sign with And it was like it was a Nike.
Speaker 4: Event that they were at, Like Drake was there too, all the Nike athletes were there, Booker was there, Kevin Durant was taking pictures of posting with Devin Booker. Houston signed trade too, he was taking them and posting.
Speaker 3: Them with Kay Cunningham.
Speaker 4: And then does seem like a which again we've talked about like Kevin Durant's kind of like the evil kid Cunningham like when they you know, how they go about their business and the type of guys there. They're both very chill, both very you know nonchalant, the nonchalant kings that type of thing. But KD just you know, is addicted to Twitter and likes talking ship the randoms. Yeah good, which thank God so much.
Speaker 3: K He's good on that. He's pretty funny. He's funny a ship.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but yeah, I mean, if there is any possibility that you can get Kevin Durant, you're.
Speaker 5: Dead or I'll see like tweets from Katie on like Instagram reels and ship and I like, I generly can't tell if it's real or not, Like.
Speaker 3: Majority of them are real? Yeah, most of them are real.
Speaker 2: We had our own little discovery like that with Paul Reid.
Speaker 3: Wait, read's got great, he's got great. Yeah, tweets about history.
Speaker 5: Have you seen the ones where he's like, uh, clapping back like Angel Reese, like, are those real?
Speaker 3: The Oh no, I imagine, I don't think so.
Speaker 5: Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you those are that. That's boomer bait. You're getting boomer bated on Facebook, Instagram.
Speaker 5: I gotta take some sleep.
Speaker 2: Almost got got with a fake count today. I had a double doubt.
Speaker 3: You gotta listen to voices.
Speaker 1: That's one thing I don't want to say because I want to. I had to figure out what they God Master, I mean they.
Speaker 3: Already know, but.
Speaker 2: Already said what it was giving them all the help. You hear him talking, You're seing the machine like a normal speech pattern at all. You tell it's a clinker. Is this girl shooting a rifle in the bikini and her ass was shaking like that? Like this might be a She sounded weird too, went on the profile one hundred thousand followers.
Speaker 3: By the way, it's ai as fuck.
Speaker 5: I gotta find it, still followed her. That's crazy.
Speaker 3: Hey, shout out Vera and dude, shout out. I was on the work count. Wait, just tuned in. Is Kirby Justin's career over? I need to know, says Don Rivera. It's up to interpretation. It's up to God. It's up to it's up to God. It really is. It's it's not good. It's not good. Yeah, damn, damn it. We got We just got over that emotional again. The season is gonna get here.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a great, fun, exciting season. Lots of wins, lots of dominant wins. I mean, we got car all due respect to him. Maybe I shutting on Niels but like the schedule looking pretty fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got some easy matchups.
Speaker 2: Dolphins, Saints, Jets, Cardinals.
Speaker 3: We'll see, man, we'll see how wow, what's over your man?
Speaker 5: It's like Kobe, I don't give them fu no Bro, I'm just saying like, yeah, they were asked last season. That's last season, like asked Ishue.
Speaker 3: You know who's there? OC.
Speaker 5: I'm not just I'm not like a Cardinals.
Speaker 3: I'm talking want to get them fil Hackett. They signed Nathaniel Hackett as their OC. Absolute dog bro, and they're asking about Jeremiah Love. He's like, yeah, he's a rookie. It's a sound it's it's a sound booth.
Speaker 8: Remember Nick Nick was fins up all year last year.
Speaker 3: Why he's in hot dogs?
Speaker 1: That is why he's not hot dogs. He would not give them one up. He's doing the same there. Dereck Moore seven sacks for a fucking second round rookie. All right, Bud, Yeah, I guess I don't think what four and a half I think?
Speaker 3: So, yeah, we better on. We gotta figure that out.
Speaker 8: I saw I saw Dandy G's com like, Chris, are you reading to again? This is now multiple posts? This is not when the topic is hot, not when the topic is a topic conversation, you're reinserting it again. You could have posted photos with everybody else, but you posted you and Kade, you know, having a good having a good time together. We all know you don't like Houston. That's very apparent. It's very apparent what you think of your teammates like. So it's a situation where, again, says fans, you gotta be rooting for the demise of Houston. The demise of Houston could be the success of the Pistons mail bank.
Speaker 3: Coming up next, easy tell us about massage sharehufs.
Speaker 2: The Massage chair House. My guy Keith gillardro could use it. He seems a little bit stressed out.
Speaker 1: Go see my guy doctor dunk at the corner over along Lake World where you see the largest massage here show room this side of the Mississippi. If you guys aren't instead of Michigan, go support our guy. You can support my mind too. He's got the number of massage her view channel and the world as well to skin QR code. Visit at massage sharehouse dot com.
Speaker 9: For more Detroit Tigers coverage. Make sure you subscribe to Woodward Tigers on YouTube. Old Tigers all the time for.
Speaker 12: The hardcore Detroit sports fans, you can't get enough.
Speaker 9: For the Motor Cities teams all season long, you'll get non stop Tigers contents from onfield interviews, postgame reactions, and roundtable insight from Woodward Sports.
Speaker 10: How do people feel about getting a Planet Fitness member shit for fifteen dollars a month? How do they like working out in the clean and spacious gym that's filled with equipment for every workout? And how about free fitness training in the judgment free zone that leaves and feeling energize all day long. Joint Planet Fitness Today with the free pf app online or in club and start getting that big fitness energy for fifteen dollars a month.
Speaker 9: A ton of sun, a ton of sports, and a ton of man. Welcome to the Woodward Heavyweights Live daily.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to the waistlibe or sports dot Com. Eas to watching no reaction on Chris Skywalker. Dn CT says three weeks without placing a bet, smoking weed with allar red bull binge, watching Caleb Hammer, Who's that? And Dave Ramsey so they can remind me how big of a piece of shit I am financially. Anytime I have a urge for any of those three, I put my money into the retirement account. I'm grinding a life change, man, and it's hard, but not nearly as hard as I thought. Lock the fuck in, man, I was preaching about it. I can't wait till retirement for ten years with zero dollars in retirement account twenty six it's time that relations to you, man. I think I butcher a little bit at the end there, but like, I'm fucking proud of you.
Speaker 6: Good.
Speaker 3: You were a sick fuck and it came to gamily, Yeah you were, and it's yeah, that's where it's at.
Speaker 2: I mean, ten percent gains is what it's been typically in retirement funds right now, and the big funds at least right now too.
Speaker 1: People getting scary about that stuff even do on the high yield savings account, it's like four to six percent. Just put your money in it and you get that every single month. Yeah, every single month. Fidelity's got it so far, has got it.
Speaker 8: I think Mortgage or Morgan Stanley's I think has it too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, high yield savings accounts, they're so fucking easy. I mean it's to tip your fingers in the smartphone. He's download fidelity and open up the account.
Speaker 8: I'm also very aggressive by four to one camp too, man, I want to retire earlier.
Speaker 4: Mail bag, would you from Icewater Olson, would you trade a package of Jalen Duran and Dylan Larkin to give Vida veya for sure?
Speaker 2: Keith Giardo says he's just trying to keep other teams in the dark. He knows Kirby will be back. Why is Kirby kalm if his career is over? I don't know if you're paying attention to Kirby online. He seems far from calm.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wouldn't consider what he's doing right now calm. But and I don't want to say it's over. It's not over. But yeah, it looks a little bleak. Do you have a video from Dan Campbell?
Speaker 4: When I see you Luigi gaming with the super chat in there? He says, with college football around the corner? What is the greatest rivalry game?
Speaker 3: Name? I have to go with BYU versus Utah? The Holy War. That's fucking tough. That is pretty sweet. That's nothing's top in that. Yeah, the Red River Rivalry, that's a good one. As well, you know Texas and Oklahoma paflicts and convicts. Yeah, that's a good one, but that was like that was just a period. Yeah, the you tah, the Holy War is pretty sweet? Holy War is sick? Is this it? I've headphones you just played. If it's.
Speaker 23: With Kirby, it's a little bit different than maybe a seal or Achilles. Reeve got like this very clear timeline and a lot of data to work from, just based on what you know through the process he's taken this off season. Every specialist he might see, what what is your confidence level that you're going to be able to get you know, Kirby Joseph, what you expect out of him this season?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Really, I don't know. I honestly do not know.
Speaker 6: I know this.
Speaker 7: We've done everything we can do, and he's done everything he can do to this point, and we are trying to be as smart as we can and not push this until we absolutely have to, because once we've done that, then we'll know one way or another and it's not worth it. Right now, we're just slowly building continuing the strength in there. He's getting treatment done, some of these different things, uh, at different places to try to help. So I feel good about that. I feel good about that. We've done everything we can, and so is he, and so we'll we'll we won't know. I mean, honestly, we probably won't know until we get into the thick of training camp at Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well there you go, Keith.
Speaker 1: I guess Dan Campbell's the piece of shit too, huh? And what do we don't tack us? I just deliver the fucking news to you.
Speaker 3: I didn't do it. I didn't make his need that way allegedly.
Speaker 1: Love you, Keith, But clean up, dude, Clean yourself up like my guy DNC shout out, hope yourself up, man, DNC, you're still your twenties.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: You start putting that money away, you're gonna stack up.
Speaker 4: Teddy eass mailbag, big fan of you guys. Does Woolbard Sports give out four one K and health insurance?
Speaker 3: Now, That's why I've been big on that.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying that ship in the group chat to all these motherfuckers, Yeah, get that money in now, because no they do not. Luckily though, this this works out for us. It is a brutal business, but this works out for us. It's a job that when you're like sixty seven. He can still be doing you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Don Rivera said, mail Bag, the top two people that made you racist? Easy's number one is kent to Maida. Yes, that was Yeah, that was that was crazy. That's the only one that was that was pretty wild.
Speaker 3: I could say it.
Speaker 2: I'm wizzy Japanese. I'm Japanese.
Speaker 8: I'm like, whatever happened to that?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 8: Korean Tigers baseball player?
Speaker 3: Send him that the picture that wasn't actually Korean? No, he's still there. They did cut the actual Korean guy the other part too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm weird thinking like Maida being here. We can't land that one picture the end up going to the Dodgers anyway. Yeah, he couldn't get that.
Speaker 3: Right, No, fucking asshole. I hate that guy. Yeah it was Butt Cheeks. Well did we open the season with him on the Mountain opening day? Come on, dude, mail Bag, did you guys see that fight? Nation and on?
Speaker 4: Sirius XM became a w w E channel twenty four to seven. So how the fuck can I hear about the M M A and UFC analysis?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 3: Right here, right here, Yeah, I'll talk it to it. I watched that fight over the weekend.
Speaker 12: It was.
Speaker 3: I didn't uh. It was the Daghistandi versus some guy that came in last minute and watch what's it called?
Speaker 4: Ariel Hajjani had dustin poieon.
Speaker 3: He tried to get him sick it. Yeah, let me let me. Yeah, that's fun, it's really funny. He's like, I don't know, I don't know what was. I don't know what you're talking unless you say it, you cat, you keep me accountable. I'm gonna keep you accountable. Say it. Yeah that was fucking awesome. I loved Yeah. Great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me put you on games right now too. You're talking about like saving money. Fuck Apple Music, fock Spotify, YouTube emais where It's at. You still get all the music, if not more music, because you get all the bootleg shit that can't get clear through Apple Music and Spotify. So you got all the mixtape stuff and you get us McAfee Hawani whoever you want, all commercial free, and you close your phone and still listen to It's It's.
Speaker 3: Where It's at.
Speaker 1: And once you do the YouTube Premium, you automatically get the YouTube music app too, but you don't need.
Speaker 3: It because YouTube has music as well. It's just it's a it's a no brainer.
Speaker 1: If you're paying for app Music or Spotify, get YouTube premium so much better.
Speaker 3: I don't really use YouTube that much. Uh. Could you listen to music you pay for Apple Music? Yeah, that's what I'm saying. It's not paying for that. Pay for YouTube you get the YouTube in the fucking music. I don't really use the YouTube though. You using music? Yeah?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 4: Ted E two two three mail bag. Do you guys see the Arizona Cardinals moving where a fan base actually cares? The NBA, the NHL, they do that shit all the time. I don't know if any city except for Chicago's in the business of losing an NFL team.
Speaker 8: Did you see the did you see speaking at the NBA? Did you see that Portland dude? Their new owner is just like terrible dude. He just bought the team and he's like at war with the city coach of rested. He's threatened, he's threatening to move, he's thtaratening to move the franchise. Like he's just being like really really cheap. They didn't they didn't hire Thiago Splitter who took the Bulls job, because they didn't hire him. No, No, Portland didn't hire him because they didn't want to offer him more than what he was making as an interim. That's crazy, like this guy should yeah he just like he just this guy came in, bought the team. It's just nickel dimed. And now he's at war with the city and saying that he's moving Portland.
Speaker 3: The city like, yeah, the whole city. No, no, why don't we just take Portland and move it somewhere else.
Speaker 1: My YouTube screen time is nineteen hours a day point zero. My YouTube premium reactivation email.
Speaker 5: Get some sleep.
Speaker 1: That's your thing too, anytime you're trying to figure out what the fuck to do, like how to do ship?
Speaker 3: YouTube it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you have bullshit commercials, man, how do I fix my dish washing?
Speaker 3: That's fair.
Speaker 2: If you're own a home YouTube premium, I see the I see the value of.
Speaker 3: Getting commissioned off of this ship. I'll send you a promo code. Okay. The one thing though, The one thing though is probably got a promo easy.
Speaker 8: That would be my selling point is because I use Apple Music because the same app, so it brings everything together. So I downloaded my dad pis stuff brought it in. But like with YouTube, you're saying that it's on there because everything's on there and like leaks and stuff, how well can you make like playlists and stuff and like make that work like playlists?
Speaker 3: I don't feel like looking up all my ship though, what do you mean?
Speaker 5: Like, I go, there's.
Speaker 8: There's apps that convert them.
Speaker 3: I don't want to really don't.
Speaker 8: Yeah, because one of my one of my little side astles is I'll make people some playlists and they'll like throw me some bread for it, and so then I have like an app that just makes it to like Spotify or to whoever title if they still use. I highly know what person he's titled.
Speaker 3: But like, what the oh that's jay Z's thing.
Speaker 5: I feel like you're taking a girl on a day and you're like, oh, one second, I gotta pull up my YouTube real quick so we can play some music. Like I don't know.
Speaker 3: I feel the same thing is pulling up your Apple Music to play some music. I don't know, literally crazy my phone?
Speaker 8: Hey yeah, yeah, crazy, you're letting to look at your crazy to let.
Speaker 3: You look at your phone.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're right, I'm bas shit crazy.
Speaker 3: Well that'll do it for us today.
Speaker 4: Appreciate you tapping him and she smashed that leg button for easy Skywalker, Chris for tom I am Spencer.
Speaker 3: We're the heavyweights and we'll see you guys tomorrow. Peace,