Speaker 1: Hello ladies and gentlemen, and welcome back to the Gimmick, your first episode of December, last episode of twenty twenty. It might be we'll see, we'll see. The next episode is we'll see. But I am, as always the Canadian Nightmare trest now and I'm joined by a man that I am very sad for. Justice for Stu. David.
Speaker 2: How's it going going Goodmmin?
Speaker 3: Stu got robbed of his opportunity to make his impact on John Cena's last match, so justice for Stue.
Speaker 1: I could not. But there's a lot of things I couldn't believe last night. That was one of them. Of just I wonder if he said anything, because I know that John c did this whole weird apology tour where he's like, oh, I didn't tell the office he was doing the age entrance thing, and I just didn't want to make anyone mad night. That was a mistake. It's like he should have learned that. But like that, that was so egregious. I hope they like post edited after the fact, but yeah, I was so annoyed. I just felt like just go. It felt very much like the Kevin Dunn era. But uh, yeah, it's weird the stuff. But we were joined by real heat brother, the man who's been getting leeching tons of points off of John Cena's last run. S Bubs, how you doing today?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So I how do you feel now? Your point getter John Cena officially retired? Obviously he's only gonna give you a goose egg for a little bit, but uh, you know you gotta replace him, I guess now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, But I think so far, I did the draft points so far, and I think my new picks are definitely doing a lot better than everyone I had before.
Speaker 1: So for people that don't watch the video, it just looks like s pub says the background of seeing punk and Cody putting the title on scene it but it just looks like they're putting it on like their whole mass, Bubs by the back of the head or something. But yeah, primarily that's what we're gonna talk about today. Obviously, mostly we're gonna start off with see his last match. We'll talk about overall Sorry Nights to Man, and then and then just some other ww B NXT stuff we'll touch upon on aw World end a little bit, and then the C two because yeah, we're gonna figure that out because obviously the World's endpay Review is always a shitty spot the day after Blox Day, the twenty seven, So we'll see.
Speaker 4: When we get to that weekend.
Speaker 1: Maybe if it lines up, maybe we'll do something like the twenty eighth, like the Sunday, But if it doesn't, we'll do it in the new year, and then, as we've said before, the New Year will catch up on Gmode as well.
Speaker 4: There'll be a couple months.
Speaker 1: We'll do two episodes that because we got to finish the season. But yeah, that's kind of the plan. So whether it might be the last week of December or first week of January, lookout, that's and we'll talk about worlds End and whatever else is going on. W we'll see because let's see the Yeah, the raw shows the fifth, right, so that's kind of too far, So yeah, we'll probably have something in between that. But yeah, we're here today to talk about I ain't calling him the goat. I'm not doing this whole revisionist history thing. And i know they're trying to push that, and I guarantee you just watch when Roman Rains retires, they're gonna do the same thing. Because Johnsen has already been like, well, I can consider Rome Rains to be the goat, so I feel like it's.
Speaker 4: A whoever is the booker, whoever is the era?
Speaker 1: Like that's who is the current goat and then we move belong right, But we did get that yes during day So I guess we'll just start with the overalls. I'll ask you, David, what do you think overall the show, and then after we will talk about seeing this match firston'll goal individually, but overall as far as far as the event, obviously, it was a four match card kind of similar to pl E. They other than like the announcing stand, they kind of dropped out all the sun nights may event like classic retro stuff. So how do you feel about this event overall? Before we get to the one by one?
Speaker 3: Overall, I feel like it was a very predictable pl Like everything as it was happening, it kind of felt like, all right, I see where they're going with each one's It was kind of easy to predict the endings to matches, but there were some good matches sprinkled within the predictability of it. And then it comes to the ending, and you know they always say it's how you leave them going home that they'll remember and I'm definitely going to remember how they left me going home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what about us bubs?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I enjoyed the show, and i'd say for the matches, well, i'd say I like, get more.
Speaker 6: Now it's only.
Speaker 5: On Peacock with the Doctor, aren't the commercial breaks between the matches, Because even in person, like because I went to one of the Saturday nights to main events, and like when they went to commercial, it was like, well, it's like, well, you know, the match is ending, Like I.
Speaker 6: Remember it was like the tag match.
Speaker 5: It was like Seth and bron versus like.
Speaker 4: Like Samon, right, yeah.
Speaker 5: And so they were working over Sammy is like, well they're not gonna hot tag punkin until the end of those commercial.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So, so I liked it more.
Speaker 5: I've I've been liking it more in that way where it's kind of just like a normal plea now pretty much. And as for the final match, I did really like the final match and and and I liked the ending, so I was I was it's been funny looking at all the people online.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm excited to get to that because it's been it's been It's definitely I think they will know why event and I'll talk about but definitely is cycling something that's happened before as far as just like the reaction to it. But yeah, the show overall, I'm the opposite end where I pretty much I hated the show like it's it is like the fl but man, just the amount of downtime we had. There was just this one sequence where the match and like okay, and now we're going to johnsona's last match, and then they go to Stephan Joe. That's like okay, they talk and they showed john scene a tribute video and theny go back to Stephan Joe and I'm just sitting here. I'm just like, I'm just cycling. I'm spinning out. I cannot believe like how many times we gotta go to and like Stephan Jordan there there's I love Stephan McMahon. I don't think her and Joe have any chemistry whatsoever. It's so like I'm not I'm not saying that's on Steph or Joe. I just think they aren't a great pairing. So it just feels very robotic effect. I'm having no fun at there, at least with Jesse, which I agree that they should not have him on the main proadcast because he just says shit they don't want. But at least it was like, well, what's he gonna say? Right, But this is just it feels awkward. And even the tributes throughout the show were We're fine, but they just felt very just like sound clippy. I wish there's a couple more longer emotional ones. I don't need to be like a Johnson a Dead tribute show, but just something a bit more. And like I hate the celebrities with their jokes, like Peyton Manning was my favorite quarterbacks, Like I hope you know they don't play your music at them all. It's like we bumped this for somebody else, Like we can't have like anybody doing stuff. Yeah, I think I guess we go in the other matches. The other matches, I think we're all. I liked Coda Coda, I like Ova and Cody a lot, but they did the trope that I hate, so that brought all down. Uh Bailey and sol Ruco was really good and then the tag I thought was very entertaining, but I thought it was a lot shorter than I was expecting. I thought they're gonna let him go a little bit crazy for sure. Yeah, so everything kind of knew.
Speaker 5: Sure when they did like like the Leon Slater like jump over the corner of the post, he.
Speaker 1: Does that, like that's like it's his shoulder blocks.
Speaker 6: Like he does that, he throws, Okay.
Speaker 5: I don't know that ring and he does the four fifty like that's his sequence of the match.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and even Barley.
Speaker 1: So we will get there. But at the beginning I thought it was like a little clunky, but they got there and then the the final match, which we'll get into. Now.
Speaker 4: I am with I'm with.
Speaker 1: Some people where and I'm with us Bubbs, and I'm not sure I think David's with us too, but.
Speaker 4: I I'm a supporter of the finish.
Speaker 1: I can't believe this because I've been very, like many people, very critical Triple H's retirement to where I think a lot of it's been not good. I think we're in Triple H's like really low period right now. But just for the gimmick, I'm wearing a nice O eight Triple H shirt that I can fit again now that I've.
Speaker 4: Lost some weight.
Speaker 1: I it's so interesting because I feel like the reaction to this is very similar to the streak ending. It felt because I feel like.
Speaker 5: I was gonna say just for for something I found funny, is that like the tweet from the ww account of like John Cena has retired, Yeah, like three hundred and fifty thousand likes, and then a tweet calling for Triple H to be killed has like one hundred thousand.
Speaker 1: Oh wow. Yeah, And that's that's the thing. That's where like everything I've seen, because I'm gonna tell this draws totally more like people with scoopers and people with this stuff. It's not that serious. As we've said before, there are so many wrestling promotions. And that's how I got back into New Japan. Like whenever twenty nineteen or twenty like eighteen seventeen, when the product was his Dog Shit, I like tapped out on New Japan and I went back into it, and then I've watched you know, the lead in then aw was there. That's where it's like forever everybody, it's like either you don't watch weekly or you.
Speaker 4: Can just do other stuff.
Speaker 1: We don't need to be talking about killing drivel age for like this, and this is what we're the weird think. It's just like I, I guess it's it's a new crop of fans, but I can't even say that because that supposed as a newer fan, and I think there are people that like it. I think I understood what the Undertaker one, as far as I think you can always debate with the streak should and it should have not ended, right, I can understand that. I do think the biggest complaint better match least well, absolutely yeah he could cut yeah, and he wasn't gonna cut yeah, And I was there live and that was brutal, right, But even I think the bigger argument with the the Taker thing is they chose the wrong guy, right, which even with Lesler take out the real life stuff for that year, it did heat him up. But you could have made an argument that maybe, yeah, eventually a couple of years later, the big dog beats him and maybe you should just saved it with this.
Speaker 4: I don't have.
Speaker 1: That because it's just and that's I'm very happy the way the match went, because I was worried the first five minutes of the match is good the wrestling him, and the first move scene hits is the shoulder block, and I was like, oh my, Like for I think it was about the first seven to eight minutes. All seen a hit was just signature moves. He hit the shoulder, he did the five moves of do him twice, he did the the fu, he did the attitude, or he did the STF. So I was like, oh my God, like Scenea's just doing this. So I was happy that it did evolve because I was really worried it was just gonna be power bomb f you power like like. And then we got to the end, We got to the middle where going through was taking some big spots as well, like off the table, which I HiT's weird thing. I can't remember who else did this. There used to be somebody. I think it's Bobby last year. Whenever he gets German, he always like turns to the right, and Gundu was doing that last night. Anytime he got a eight, he kept like trying to like land on his shoulder. I don't know why, don't do like. I was worried, especially the table spot. He landed right on the side and he's going there. But so the match, the match evolved, and then we got this moment where Sena tapped out, and yeah, I was four it because I understand people that are big fans and love. Maybe we'll talk about this a little bit too. But like with Sina, when I couldn't find the picture, I have a picture from SummerSlam O five when he was getting booed, but I was there. I was rocking. I bought myself the chain gay necklets, like I had a huge John Cena fran from three to six and then he got he dropped the wrapper stuff and got very cheesy, and that's the same thing for me. It's just I don't have the love for John scene that many other people do in my era or a little younger, because a lot of it wasn't his fault, but his booking in him on top was a part of a lot of the some of the worst years in WW. And I don't think that's all him, but there's it just kind of he represents that, right, he represents when Punk's having his historic run, that he's main eventing a pay per view with John Lorenight is in a cage, right, So for me, I'm not a nostalgic like part of those reasons of you not watching WW was how they booked Sina, Right, that's not completely his fault, but to get to the tap out, where I understand, oh, well, he's a never give up character. But if he passes out, which I think the other problem is we've seen so many pass outs the last like five years that it's almost that finish is overdone, and it feels like someone's protecting himself. If he passes out, Okay, it protects him and you kind of get Goo through getting the big win. If he taps out, though, which he did, it makes Goonter look like a monster and it gives them so much. And that's the point, because I've seen the biggest argument is how do you have the guy that never gives up tap out because his career is over. He's not building to anything else down Like, yeah, he's done, like he's done being as far as now right obviously Saudi bag. But let's just say he does stay retired, like the character of John Cena can't.
Speaker 5: Give us say, I don't think he's actually gonna wrestle in Saudi, but he will.
Speaker 1: He'll be there, I agree, I agree exactly, or even that's the year they do the whole fame and he's there to like the wave, but like, yeah, I just to me, it's just that's the thing where it is building the next guy, right, and they kind of they did that with the streak again, you could argue the right person. I think Guthor is the right person. We'll see how this career killer thing kind of goes, they continued.
Speaker 4: I hope they do.
Speaker 1: But that's my reason, Like I do understand that point. But Scena's not gonna be around anymore. He's he's done. So this puts guntherro over. It makes him a killer. Gunther should not lose for a while. To me, like, even then, if you're gonna have have nothing for him to dude, just have him cut promos just for me. It's just.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 1: It was a bigger moment of Scena tapping out and before I throw to one of you guys. The reason I just love that finish is because it was seven minutes of it, and I like that it was finally just man, I can't do this anymore, Like I literally can't. I could try to keep fighting, but he has me.
Speaker 4: That's it. It's over for me.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tap out. And that's where it was kind of like a veteran realizing oh I'm I am done, And it kind of fits with Scena. The whole time is being like, oh, my body's breaking down. So it's like I physically can't get this guy off me seeing it from ten years ago, could have seen it from twenty years ago, could have, but this John Cena can't. And that's why it has to retire. So that's why I understand some people upset. But it's just there's not like, Okay, if he passes out or wins k you preserve the legacy of John Cena, but then he doesn't do anything in his last match.
Speaker 4: It's just for John.
Speaker 1: And John's got enough fucking moments over the last two decades, Like he was on top for so many times, beat so many guys. I don't think he should have. But I was fully in favor. But you were also in favor of the finish, yes, yeah, yeah, And what do you think of the match?
Speaker 6: Obviously, Yeah, I really.
Speaker 5: Liked the match overall, Like like I said, well, it was actually like I was like maybe like thirty seconds behind or something because I had to go away for a second, so I just paused and came back. So you guys like in the chid you're like, oh, it was like finisher spam, But I was on the I was on the spot where like Goonther was just like hitting in with like the lariat over and over and over.
Speaker 6: So I was like, just drastic, that's like shirt.
Speaker 5: But you know, but after that he got up and started doing like his his sequence.
Speaker 6: But I really liked the match.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like like you said, at the start, it felt like, yeah, it's like, oh, scene is going like he's just gonna go all out. But I like how you know, Goother kept putting putting the damage on him, and I thought it was I didn't see it didn't feel as long as I think it probably was. I'll say like once once Sena got out of just again beaten down, I felt like like David was saying, like, oh, this is slower than I expected.
Speaker 6: I say, I wasn't really expecting like a.
Speaker 5: Fast match from from Sena and goothert, but I thought it had a good pace and yet I like the finish where it's like he got out of one. How many did he like get up out of at the very.
Speaker 1: End for the the joke, I think it was like three times.
Speaker 2: Really yeah it was.
Speaker 3: It was he had the one he got out of it, so he put he threw them against the ring and then Gunter immediately came back, got another one, started putting to sleep.
Speaker 2: They did the three count. He popped up with the three.
Speaker 3: Fingers and then after that that's when Gunter started raining down the elbows three fingers.
Speaker 1: Right, what a spot. That was such a cheesey spot. It's fine, but yeah, then he did like the Death Rioters, Brian Elbows and everything like that. I will Chris Browns, I will try to find it. It's a it's a picture of me at oh five Summer Slam. I had a Matt Hardy shirt because I was a massive mark of Matt Hardy at the time. And it's literally it's me doing the whole world life and I have the chain I wore. I even bought they. Uh they made rubber knuckles. I'm not sure. Did you ever see like the videos back in like oh for when Johnson was rocking like design But yeah, so they saw those, but they were rubber. It was so it was such a letdown because the picture it was rubber.
Speaker 4: The picture looked so.
Speaker 1: Much better when you got them. They were the cheapest things in the world. I was so fissed as a kid, but oh yeah, I was. I was a massive fan of seeing it back then and then obviously just took overrestling for decades and just a reign of terror sometimes to me. But yeah, yeah, well.
Speaker 3: I am okay with the finish of the match, especially the fact that he came out of three of those sleeper attempts. You know, it was finally like, all right, he tapped out. There's there's nothing for him after this. There's no rematch for a championship, there's no I gotta come back Monday and face the audience. You know, this is it, and he knows he's riding out, so it made sense for him it and the look on his face when he tapped out was just like I'm giving up, I'm done, So that all made sense from a storyline perspective. I will say this, the match did last longer than I expected it to. It was twenty three minutes and forty five seconds. No other match on this show went over nine and a half minutes, so it was definitely that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, especially they didn't have a heart too, because I agree with that spuffs. I like it not being on NBC, But it's just like I was surprised by a couple with the tag that it didn't go its just it.
Speaker 3: Was almost four times the length of the tag team match, so that will tell you something. But again, the match itself was good. I liked how it ended, the moments with Sina Man. Gunther has some amazing heat and that's why I like the finish of this because it makes sense. If you are putting everything into Guther going forward, then this was the perfect way to build him up as your next monster. And in my opinion, it also leads way to you don't need a brock Lessener on every show because you have Gunther and oh but.
Speaker 1: Like the two people in this show show, we don't need this anymore. I know people have said even as Bubbs I've talked about and Seene even said that the retirement thing I still have to believe when I see it with Brock, I just feel like last weeks and be like, oh, I love this money. You know we'll have to see Yeah. So I liked the clothesline spot. It was funny when they did the second move of five dooms. Gun Through just laying there and said get up, get up, and was talking. You didn't hear him, but he was talking a lot during the sleeper holes. But uh no, I thought like even him by busting out the famouser from the top rope was crazy, like this year.
Speaker 4: Has he I feel like I've used that.
Speaker 2: He's used that right times.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, Summer Slam, Right, I forgot about that, Okay, So yeah, no it was interesting. And then so that happens, and you get the whole crowd very much like the streak, very very quiet. People are, you know, wonder what's happening.
Speaker 6: Music playing like overall the shock.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was good.
Speaker 1: And then the locker room comes out and people are chatting bullshit and then they see Triple H and they all boo and stuff. And this was very interesting because I I feel like it's fitting for Johns in his career, who's had a very rocky relationship with the crowd. It's always been like, what's the crowd going to react like tonight, And I've never seen even a kfe if people don't like the decision. Like after Undertaker lost a streak, people were in shock, and then when he stand up they clapped.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: I was there live. There wasn't bullshit or chanting about Vince or anything like that. But here we're usually okay, seeing what tap you all? That sucks?
Speaker 4: But when he gets up with the walker comes.
Speaker 1: Out, usually people be clapping, but no, they just turned and they kept channing, and I was just so surprised that even in the retirement fans were gonna be like, Oh, whatever, this sucks, but that's just cheer them. They're chanting bullshit. I love anytime they show Triple H which I was like, oh, don't get on that apron, and he did and they bow and that's why I had to make a thumbnail of him laughing and like it's I think I'd love to talk to some of the people there because I think there's some of the boos that are more just like frustration for maybe the full tour or not just last night. But I guess maybe they want to win.
Speaker 5: I don't know that further reactions for a see from like the more casual fans.
Speaker 6: It is really just like, oh he lost the sugar Water guy. Yeah, seen as the goat, he should never lose.
Speaker 1: Well, what's interesting what I'll be curious to see going forward is with that with a moment, if you watch the show and I wasn't disappointed by this match, but if you are disappointed by this match, and then you have the crowd kind of booing. I wonder what that does to the psyche of people, because I feel like it's almost like I didn't like this, and then the rest of the people are telling me this sucks, and I feel like you get less likely to come back. The explanation I use is the Rumble twenty fifteen when they throw Brian and Roman one, and it was like there was a shift in viewership and feeling. And that's when Triple Ah cut the whole like may it was the year before, but they refer back to the whole you know whatever he said, my friend Mike or my friend Dave and I are never gonna watch It's yeah, is never gonna watch again. He cuts this whole promo about this, and then as the weeks go forward, ratings fell down. So it was like it's the dumbest thing, Like I get what because you're biit is like that. So I think he was laughing more like oh we got because I've seen the like he's laughing right in your face. No, I think they viewed as like a good of like oh we got them. I think there is some of that, but then you just have to know, like they're so used to these moments and things happening now. I feel like this newer audience, it's like, do they watch and feel fulfilled when it happens? And it's it's tough too because I wonder also if people boo less and react or boom more and react more to like, cause rarely do I remember in the time Vince ran things Vince ever got booed or fu Vince chance and stuff he deserved them, But anytime Vince would come out, it'd be the worst dog should air of WW. But if Vince comes out, people are bowing, cheering. I feel like stuff like unreal. And the press conferences make it really known that this is a show show now and this is the guy that decides it, even if it's seen of being like I'm gonna tap this way, it's gonna go. All the eyes are way more on TRIPLEAH than they ever were for Vince, So I think that's a tough thing for him, but we'll have to see. But they just got to fall through with good thar like, that's just what they gotta do is make sure that the booking now for me, like to the rest of his w career is great, so then it doesn't feel like always because yeah, in a couple of years, if he's tapping to Jimmy Husso in WrestleMania, then yeah, maybe we shouldn't have done this, but this should be the Okay, now he's.
Speaker 4: A real made man.
Speaker 1: And even then, if he becomes a guy that doesn't wrestle much on rar Smack, when he's a big time match guy, that's kind of fun, Like you know, he's a great wrestler.
Speaker 4: It's like you have to now be careful with him.
Speaker 1: And that's not me confident in them because Triple A just made some and team have made some very questionable decisions last year.
Speaker 4: Sorry I cut you off there.
Speaker 5: No, I was just like, well, I guess in terms of like you need to continue with Gunther, I think I.
Speaker 6: Guess the next possible one.
Speaker 5: Well, the thing with the j Styles retirement, like the word was like it might be like Mania, not like the full year like Sina.
Speaker 6: I could see that, Like if Gunther's.
Speaker 5: Not going after one of the world titles at Mania, I could see Gunther and AJ being like a manium match.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, yeah, and especially because that fits there and it's if the like if we're gonna get to Brock versus him and SummerSlam.
Speaker 4: You're gonna do it there, right.
Speaker 1: And I feel that's where if Gunther is wrestling aj Styles, because we talked about the wrestling anywhere, it's like where does Gunther fit in That feels like a big match for him to like, Okay, he's not a title match, but he's retiring AJ Styles, right, because that's the tough thing now because if you look at even what they did with brock Lesner, he beat the Streak and then six months later he's world champ.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: I don't think they're doing that with Gunther because you got whatever's happened with Cody and Roman. We know it's gonna go Punk and Braun, so it's just goother right now is a little bit ways away from the title. So Ajan and Gunther would make sense to me if they're you know, getting barring injuries or anything. Maybe aj like even it eliminates him of the Royal Rumbel. Right, they could do that classic long term bill where it's like they're in the final full war, because I would like it if they actually gave it. I want aj to lose to take titles soon and start getting them in some some main events stuff, you know.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I mean I think I was gonna say, like we lose it to like the USUS, But then I also still think the Jay heals An is coming.
Speaker 6: I still fully believe it.
Speaker 1: That man, that man was wild and last night that.
Speaker 5: Jackie was trying to go on your way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then he even said it at one point like just give us the catch phrase and I'm gonna let you go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, even on his Instagram stories talking about his promo and everything like that, like, oh my goodness. But uh yeah, David, Also, you've been watching for a long time. What did you take from the reaction of the fans? You think it's just like a night of thing. Do you think it's gonna play into more down the line of people tune in an You think it's just emotionally?
Speaker 4: Where were you gonna? Were you surprised to see this? Where were you?
Speaker 3: So? I told somebody today that, uh, the way that Triple H got booed reminded me of the scene from Star Wars when Obi Wan's tuck nannikin about you're supposed to be the chosen one. That's the way people feel about Triple AH as compared to Vince, like you were supposed to come in and save us from the Vince era, and now we're getting a lot of the same booking you you joined there, And I think that's why people are so pisses, because they feel like, Okay, this is still the old school style. You're not doing anything different, you're not quote unquote listening to the fans. But again I triple chat that shitting and grin on his face, like I got you to feel something. You the entire arena is erupting, and I got you to feel that way. So in that sense, I mean mission accomplished. I do think that Gunther should go on just a monster deal. If he's not going for a World championship, then he needs to be the one to retire whoever is next to retire, Like he's that guy. He bring back a modified version of the legend killer, and he's the man who puts you out the pasture. And I could see Gunther bragging about that, how he's retired John Cena, He's retired aj Styles, he retired Randy Orten or whoever else is coming in. If you bring in Jericho, eventually retire him and just continue to build him up in that way of he's the big the new big bad and.
Speaker 1: Because you know why what you can do because obviously if it's someone's last match, I am you usually in the agreeents that they should lose. I'm not trying to, you know, be on complete Triple H bandwagon here, but it's like when he says like, oh, that's like a tradition. To me, it is, it's the best way you go out. I I love AW, I love Swarve Strickland, I love people. I hate people going around showing all the Sting stuff. The Staying retirement was so different even then if you even like people have said Sting wanted to lose and they wouldn't.
Speaker 4: Let him, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But the other difference is for me, of why I was fine with TK and stuff doing that. The last few years of Sting's career sucked. He what happened in TEENA, how he went out was very underwhelming, and he had this big run it was nothing. The WWE run was a huge pain. And then he also had a career ending injury. So it's not like Sina who's had like even the times he's been around, like there's some questionable stuff like awesome theory and soul, but that is nowhere near. Hey, Stings in the back of the ambulance doesn't know if he's gonna be able to move again, right, Like, to me, the Sting story, it's all a case by case basis, right, that story fit getting happy end because, like I said, there was the last five years of his career. Even WCW. You can say, like the brand, like the face. He was the face of a brand that went out of business. Right, so you can make an argument that, hey, this character, it's been around since the seventies eighties, pauper of people well loved, who's had like a couple of shitty years. Let's give it a good ending here, right, so that I understand we're seeing it like again, he doesn't need the good ending. The guy's been the face of the company for multiple decades. He's earned a lot of money, He's in a bunch of movies. That's why for me, it's like Sina can lose this and that kind of feels a little fitting with the character. And even then too, like look at the pairing. The young Bucks didn't need to beat Sting, right, I don't even know if I'd say Gooder needed to beat Sina because he could all lost and bounce back, but man does it like bring him up big time?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 1: Where Bucks like cool they beat Sting, It's like that's not any like in they're Teddy Champions again. So for me, I hate that comparison because Sting and Sena's.
Speaker 4: Ending are very very different. You know.
Speaker 1: I think there's other ones where it's like for me, I know it's his type of match, but like I still would have preferred like Undertaker putting over AJ because it's kind of crazy that in Saudi Arabia Undertaker beat AJ in fifteen seconds and then still goes to bury him. You know, like that's where I say, Yeah, that's somewhere you go. You know what, it's not Undertake or it's not like Undertake No sorry, it is Undertaker's fault that his last few years were shit because he should retire a long time ago and he's just coming back and putting on these really bad matches Like that's his fault. He didn't break his neck like Sting, Like that's on him. He should have retired a long time ago, and I don't know if he needed to beat AJ, but that was like a fun, weird COVID match like didn't really matter, right, So I just that comparison to people using like oh and I like I said, I love AW, I currently watch that more, But them using that as like the dunk on w B, It's like, I don't think it is, like to me, it doesn't work, but like, oh, look this is the way it works. It's like, what did they do Brian? They gave him a super sad depressing ending. So it's not like, oh, every time someone retires in AW, they're a huge hero and they win. It's like, no, it all depends on the story. Brian's story needed the sad mocks He's gonna kill him and that set.
Speaker 4: Up death Riders right. So it's like it's case by case.
Speaker 1: When people are like, oh, he would never do this to a legendary figure, it's like they already did, like and they will do it again.
Speaker 6: I don't think.
Speaker 5: I don't think Tony Kahan even hated the scene of finish because if he did, because he did do the thank you for watching a w But if he hated it, he.
Speaker 6: Would have done it right away. He did this like like.
Speaker 1: Or he promotes a match too. He'll always promote like this Thursday, watch for it, like he knows the right time to don.
Speaker 5: He was watching like this is some good ship right here in my company.
Speaker 1: Which one. You know, he's gonna he's gonna throw a scene in the bag, you know, and walks. He's gonna do the same thing with the plastic bag. Show him out. But yeah, I just I don't know. It's weird that people have been showing that as the staying things like that's the way to do It's like, no, I think that was the way for Sting to do it, not like all wrestling, you know.
Speaker 4: I just I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's a weird thing. But yeah, obviously, so do we think Scenea's going to the Hall this year? I think they wait one more year.
Speaker 2: They've got him for five years, so I think that they wait another year.
Speaker 1: Because he didn't do his big speech.
Speaker 5: It since it's like especially since it's in Vegas, like whereas his last Sstlemania and he won the championship and everything, I could see it.
Speaker 2: I don't know, like Saudi's already claimed him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would say, because I feel like they would have announced it like kind of early. I feel like I feel like they could have announced it already if they were doing it, because I don't know, it feels random if they announced it like after like a rumble or something that he's like not in it's like just like, oh yeah, scene's going in the Hall of Fame too.
Speaker 1: Because they could have done it even last night though, right. I think we even talked about that as like a theory where they would announce like Ahwa's gonna end and triple ah is gonna be like, oh and we got one more like honestly though, that could have That's why I'm almost against it on him because that moment last night when he brings him aside and points to the screen, that video could have ended with going in the Hall of Fame whatever, you know. So like I think I'm up two minds where like either you can do the Hall of Fame right now and you build all, hey, we just did that last run and we're putting in the whole fame, or like make people miss him a little bit and then do the thing. I guess the only reason I was leaning towards the Whole Fame is I was surprised he didn't do a speech or promo or whatever, so I thought, well, maybe the Hall of Fame's coming up in a couple months. He's gonna save all this good stuff for that. But I was surprised he said nothing. Obviously took the gear off. He did. He saluted so many fucking times, just that image of him going and whatnot. But you know, and I like to they gi him like the mini Rick Flair one. I was kind of hoping they did the whole Ric Flair one where you know, and like, I'm not like a massive fan their feud. I was very surprised, Like Randy wasn't sauty. I was surprised they couldn't even talk to Big Dave and get him out there, like it felt like there's a couple even rock. It's like you can't, like you're just gonna film the Instagram video. It's like you can't, like you're a CEO man like or you're on the board, like get out there, like, oh, you fucking hijack this guy's because Cody didn't turn heel, you hijacked this guy's last year. The most you could do is come out there and raise his goddamn you know. So that's the only thing is I felt like with Flair because I was there it felt like everybody but Sting because they tried to talk to teen A and they wouldn't allow it. But they felt like they got everybody you could think of in Rick Flair's career to be there, right and with this it just felt like, oh, we got like everyone that's on the roster here, you know. So but even Roman, even even Roman wasn't there. I was just, you know, he gets to do the thank you John in the video, but I was surprised even Rome wasn't there. This guy who see didn't have to call you the goat, doesn't say you're the best of all time, but he goes out of his way all the time to like, I think the the best rest of all times. Roman reigns and.
Speaker 6: His game of Ward does his travel for the week.
Speaker 1: That was it. So yeah, and I guess on that know, we talked, but I'm very I know why people are mad. I I was fine with them doing the archive footage, evince, Yeah, I don't need to see events, but like, I'll take that over.
Speaker 5: I always wonder, like where WWE keeps all these interview clips, because they use these for every single.
Speaker 6: One of these, like that TRIPLEH interview that Vince interview.
Speaker 1: That's that's this this shirt.
Speaker 5: There's a one that they use all the time, like the must be from like yeah, like like two thousand and eight.
Speaker 1: It is because because I used to have a lot of those DVDs. And that's why it's so interesting. It's like, can't sit down for like two minutes, like a new It's like him with long hair and the ponytail. It's so funny. But yeah, like to me, I'll take Vince archrival footage than what they really could have done.
Speaker 4: They really could have had this fucker, And I thought, I thought there was a chance. And man, I wonder how.
Speaker 1: Music, Yeah, I wonder what would have happened to with them booing triple H and Vince was there Because there's only a pocket of thank you Vince chances pleeple, Oh.
Speaker 4: No, don't do that.
Speaker 2: The fucking Vin's chance would have been high throughout that.
Speaker 1: No, I don't. I don't think they would have been. Man, I actually think they would. I think because they were so mad at Triple H they would have been like it was better with him, it was.
Speaker 3: Better with Because at that point, do you then start to think, Okay, if Vince is there Vince made this call for him to tap out.
Speaker 2: This is Vince eras shit.
Speaker 1: That's why.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why they did it on to Vince.
Speaker 1: And uh, you know, I think we're pretty happy with what happened. Yeah, but uh yeah, I'm just happy that I'm happy no political figures were there on screen, Like I didn't need the whole circuit, the circus pony show that I was worried they were gonna make this do so yeah, it was.
Speaker 4: It was interesting.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be curious how it's looked upon later on, right, because even the streak me and they're just talking about the day. It's like people all time still go back and forth like if that was the right call? Right, because she's always in the mind she thought like why didn't they just let him keep It's like I was always fine with him losing it, because you build it up, you have to give it to somebody, right, So I'm the same thing here.
Speaker 5: This I haven't seen like even the people who didn't like the finish, I haven't really seen many people saying like it.
Speaker 6: Shouldn't have been right, That's what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yes, And that's the thing that's where for me, that was the problem the streak where people debate should and not. But for me it was always like did they pick the right guy right? And for me, I think the idea of yes, I'm in the camp scene, I should have lost and tapped up. But to me the debate is less because if you're debating, oh, should it be one loss? To me, he's like, well does America? Is my hope is the next five year shows us that they picked the right guy and it goes the right way, right, And yeah, this is something goother can always say now that he retired Johnson, he retired Goldberg, Oh that's what he's gonna say. We want a different track that eventually, let's say he retires, Jeric Ome retires Lessener. What's gonna happen is at some point they can use this as a stip because I always thought, oh, what if you versus something that's.
Speaker 4: Retiring and they win.
Speaker 1: You don't know want that he can do a match with somebody of like you need to put your career on the line, right that get.
Speaker 6: Like the Randy Uran match, like the legend killer versus the career you.
Speaker 1: No, I think it would do somebody that would be like a fake out like because to me, that's you can finally have someone beat goonther when that stip is on the line, like someone I guess it could be Randy if he's not done, but that's where to me, you should do it with somebody at some point where it's not just oh, this is market is the last match is literally hey, some storyline where Okay, i'll give you another shot the title.
Speaker 4: I'll do this, but if you lose, you have to retire.
Speaker 1: And if you yeah, because if you have gooon through with a track re ger of three to four people, it's like, oh man, that makes sense for his character to throw that out because that's the same thing. Eventually, someone has to be the not career killer, right, someone has to beat goon thro at the last match thing.
Speaker 4: And that's where I think it'd be good.
Speaker 1: Like the perfect story would be like someone like a Sammy, Right, it's not Sammy's same, but someone like that that's an underdog character that like, you have a title match, but if you lose, you gotta retire and then they win, Like there's lots of stuff you can do there, right, But uh, And that was the other thing too with brock Lesner and the whole streak thing. They botched that after the fact because no one really ever got like the the first person to beat Brock Lesner after the streak was Goldberg, and that to me was I know, there's tons of Dee that try to defend that. That was not defendable to me. Goldberg didn't need that. You could have still done him in Mania. He could have beat Kevin Owens for that title. Like there's so many ways. That was always the thing of like, oh well, Brock's gonna lose their own right, and he didn't until like five years later.
Speaker 4: So anything else on uh guther or seen it here?
Speaker 1: Anything else?
Speaker 6: I think?
Speaker 1: So, yeah, well see what it does. I hope this Lisa Gooler just getting some nice he'll heat going forward. Uh yeah, what do you guys think about We'll go back to the very being the show Cody versus Oba Fami.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 5: I'll say I was really liking the match up to the the DQ. I thought it was I thought it was awesome. I liked seeing you know, Ova, like the crowd was like seriously impressed and like in of Ova, like every time he was throwing Cody back, you could hear the crowd being like like well like like this guy is is something and that's just so funny.
Speaker 1: We's seene It's like, oh, I want people up there that the crowd may not know saying gonna shine. It's like not the case of Oba family, like everybody's who in and they they're excited to see him, not saying out.
Speaker 6: Of the NXT talent.
Speaker 5: He was the one that like even just off the entrance, was already again a huge reaction. The other ones, their entrance was like just like normal and to quiet, and then once they got in the ring, the crowd would really go for it. But Oba like he was completely like ready from the start there. And uh yeah, I'd say from from what we got off the match, I thought it was it was really great. I thought they they had good chemistry from what we saw. Actually did go back and see how exactly like Cody's ear got like hurt. I saw it from a different angles, Like he went over the desk like perfectly fine, and then the desk is like it's kind of like it's like a it has.
Speaker 6: Like on the sides. He was like leaning.
Speaker 5: I think he wanted to lean his head against like one of the sides and he thought he was like lined up with it, so he just moved his head.
Speaker 6: Back and he was off the side a little bit, so he just like slammed the back of.
Speaker 5: His ear like into the corner. Uh, And that's what did it. And then yeah, there was just the DQ which is just like what it was there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, David, Yeah, I enjoyed the match. The ending was predictable.
Speaker 3: Like I said, I said it in our chat earlier on discord that I felt like that's how it was going to end. But man, the crowd reaction to Oba coming out, the fact that you know, he still continued to get a reaction against Cody, like people were still cheering for him. And one when that spot where he reaches down and picks Cody up by his throat, I'm just like, my man is looking nice and strong and really just really cool spots they let him have his shine, And there are times where it looks like Cody was giving him everything he could in order to knock this big man off his feet. So again you got another powerhouse there, another big strong guy. If you want someone to come in and wreck shop, there you go. He's Hilf. Yeah, he's set and he's ready. He's ready for the main roster, so that if he drops the title this coming Tuesday and is on the main roster by Friday, I wouldn't be mad at it because he definitely earned it with this one.
Speaker 1: Just put him in a fucking eight way match and have someone else beat, like, don't even have him take the pen. Like to me, that's where it's like when the crowd was reacting that way, because I've not seen a bunch of but I seen Hienough to know that he's ready ringwise to go up. He's got the ore and everything. But when the crowd when he came out won his entrance on a big stage was phenomenal. That was he felt like that that, like I know Rome's called himself the Final Boss, but it felt like that, like or I guess Rock now calls himself the Final Boss, but it feels like that. It feels like in a video game where it's like, oh fuck, like I got this guy left and he's just coming out, and the way they shoot it when it's like a little bit of the upward angle and he's just looking massive, I was like, this guy, it's I hope not everyone has that mentality, but I know they do, and Mark Henry said that, think about Javon Evans last week or two weeks ago, like, oh, in fifteen years he'll be world champ. It's like what like and I worry about that. We talked about the all time, with the ages and everything. It's like look at scene, like talking about see him retiring. It took him when he got to the main roster in oh three he got the world title five. Same thing as Dave Batista, same thing as brock Lesner. I know it was a different era, but like, I'm not saying you got a trap, Javon, but like to me, Oba can just win the rumble and win a title, that's fine. We don't need to like have Oh we got to get him up there and see what he does. Like even the NXT thing when they do the like, oh we want to see if they're good at being a heel and a baby face, it's like, no, man, you don't do that.
Speaker 5: That might kind of be bron breaker, like yeah, finally yeah in twenty twenty four, yeah, than hopefully. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And that's why I hope that this new crop they are gonna do that stuff right with I guess with Broun we're gonna see what happens on January and then I imagine you just still gonna win at some point. But they should start doing that a bit more because one, these are younger guys, but two just like then you just even have more stars in general. You know, it's not like the oh, well do we want to take the title off Cody? Like, I think Cody will be fine now. And I think I was happy last night when he got that ring that it was like a got to fifty to fifty because when Ovo was gonna that reaction, like oh man, this crowd's gonna turn. But then when they're doing this Cody road song, I was like, Okay, he's still fine. There's still some people there because like I'm always, I'm always waiting for what's gonna happen.
Speaker 4: But the Drew stuff, yeah, I thought it was a great match.
Speaker 1: But to the point now when they did no clean finish, I wish that Ricky was still champ and they just had seen or Cody beat Ricky and that's it. It was great to have Oba with the big showcase, but with this being the d K you finish, I and this match I think was really good and a good. Like this to me would have been a perfect blueprint for Oba winning this match in the world title, you know, because now when they wrestle second time, he does have to be still different. You can't just completely run this back. So uh no, I thought it was great up until I just I've been talking about for months.
Speaker 4: I hate this. I'm finally the DQ finish here and there.
Speaker 1: But that's why I stopped watch watching all the weekly TV, because there's so much of the main events where it's like, oh, this is really interesting, big matchup, and it's like, well, DQ, well DQ, And even then it's like, well, then at least just have Drew d Q like interfere and then Oba gets the win and Cody can at least kind of say that.
Speaker 4: But I get it though.
Speaker 1: That's the thing. They don't want to make Oba look weak by getting a cheap victory. But then they don't want Oba to lose because you know they're not ready for that. So then don't book this match, don't put Oba somewhere else, do a tag team match like anything else. Like it just I just don't understand they They are the bookers. It's not real life. They can choose who's gonna wrestle his match. It's like they can choose, like, oh, we don't want Oba lose, we don't want Cody louse. Well let's do a tag team match and have Cody pin some one else or Oba pin someone else. You know, It's just I don't know, so I'm I think I'm with David where yeah, just honestly have Oba imprompting match on Tuesday, lose the title and just get them up like no more. There's nothing for him to learn in XT see he's already looking like he's there with the big dogs. And yeah, this was like I what I would love is we saw signs of last night what we're talking about with Seena in the streak and brock Lesner. Make Oba Cody's brock Lesner. Make it that he beats him. And that's the thing that Cody always is trying to beat Oba. And maybe here and there gets a win, But with's I think, because yeah, Snea got one win on Brock. I think when bro came back it was the first and then after that Brock beat him every time. And that to me like do the same thing. Maybe I have Cody beat him once, but have Oba have his numbers. I'm always fine with that storyline of oh there's one guy you just can't beat, you know, in real life when I'm in the Gauntlet, that's fucking Kirkland Patzer. I beat him once. We have five matches after. I never beat that fuck River again. I just can't beat him. I don't know what it is. It annoys me, but that's just how it is in sports and life sometimes. So yeah, I hope Oba is up there. And also, I guess we could talk about this because last show we did Survivor Series and that was the rumor of all they're doing Cody and Roman at WrestleMania, But now there's a rumor it's like, well they're gonna do that, but not at WrestleMania. I guess I'm really confused because Meltzer is the guy that said both of them. He said them anything. But now as well as not having to me, it's like, I really don't know. I guess plants are just yeah, are they just up in the air now? Like and if that's the case, like I.
Speaker 5: Mean, I don't think like Mania plans are like, well, we seem from unreal like even in like started January, like late December one be completely different then what.
Speaker 6: We actually get.
Speaker 5: So I think it's still like I think someone saw Cody Roman and we're like, okay, I need a report that like Cody Roman is in the plants, but like that could be completely different.
Speaker 6: By the time we get to that.
Speaker 4: Yeah it was.
Speaker 1: It was on the actual chalkboard rest May thirty forty three. That's what Dave got wrong.
Speaker 6: It's yeah, yeah, just bad hand riting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so what do we think there's any chance OBA could be upcome Rumble time?
Speaker 6: I don't think so.
Speaker 5: I don't think he's dropping the title until Stand and Deliver. I think earliest raw Aftermania.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, like what, like I saw some people made this because I.
Speaker 5: Know what the I know what the plan is gonna be, because they're doing like a four way to for number one contender, right, and that can just be I feel like that's a TV match that'll be Maybe that's like a Leon Slater that they can like beat on TV because then and then I feel like he's gonna fight all the guys in who are in that match on the way to Stand the Delivers, Stand the Liver is gonna be.
Speaker 4: We're gonna ob Joe Hendry match.
Speaker 5: I feel like it's gonna happen because in between, in between so twenty twenty six NX, you would have New Year's Evil, which is the first son, then Vengeance Day which is a pl E roadblock which is a TV special, and then Standon Liver and Ova always he does like a TV title defense every once in a while, So I feel like those will be that will be Leon Slater, Miles Bourne, Joe Hendry, Dion Lennox. Deon Lennox is the one that has like the most story because he that's like the whole story of Dion Lennox's.
Speaker 6: Like he'll turn because he used to be just like this like geek.
Speaker 5: Kind of guy and then Obamy backstay. He was like he was like one day like I'm gonna be challenging for that title and Ova was like, no, you're not, You suck and that made him turn heel and like come back as a as a villain. So that's like the match that like people joke about it, but like I feel like that's gonna be one of like I don't know, maybe that is just.
Speaker 6: Like the since they've been talking about it more recently, is.
Speaker 1: Just like the TV Yeah, that sounds like a good T one and plus one of those could always be like a triple threat or something too. Yeah, maybe there's a teen A guy in there or something and they're trying to sign someone else.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I feel like they're gonna give just Leon Slater like that title match.
Speaker 1: Like it's I'm very curious see how the AMC deal go because we haven't talking about that since that happened.
Speaker 6: Like the more like they've used Leon Slater more than they used Joe Hendry.
Speaker 4: It's fucking crazy.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I am, like to me, now, this is it's this is way worse than eight W New Japan partnership. They are just poached.
Speaker 4: They're literally they're not even waiting for these.
Speaker 1: Contracts to expire.
Speaker 4: They're paying them out like.
Speaker 5: That one.
Speaker 1: This is why I said, though, I'm gonna fully wait and see for judgment for the AMC deal because for the first episode of AMC, if they loaded up with some other big w starts, I'm like, Okay, I'll see teenag is not potion, But if like I can see some more bigger stuff to boost AMC, then I'm okay, then maybe.
Speaker 4: It's worth it.
Speaker 1: But right now, man, it just feels like they're just having their way with this company, and like again, get out of here. Anyone's saying there the number two, No fucking way, no way. This is like Leon Slayer is just That's why I asked us, Like he's he's just a WWE guy now, Like it's just he is on John Cena's last show? Are you kidding me? Like there are hundreds of I guess, so yeah, at least dozens of WE wrestlers on the roster that you could be like, you know what, we want to showcase one of our performers. They're showcasing something that's not even under contract yet, right, but it's like it is crazy what is happening, Like I don't know how this teammate president is letting this go. They said, maybe I'll take it back for AMC. Maybe they'll really beef them up. But right now, this is a crazy partnership. This is some I don't know, some who some magic going on.
Speaker 4: So oh god.
Speaker 1: He also says time I wanted to sit. Oh so yeah, I guess I'm just disappointed because I was hoping I saw people bring up there if you could make this WrestleMania the way like Sina and uh Batista one on the same night, that'd be great. Imagine that ends restumating at forty two and it's oba you know, w W Champ, Brown World Champ.
Speaker 4: That's literally your new era right there.
Speaker 1: If people go, oh, well they're both heels, we'll then have won the women main event like the night and have like the big pop right. But again, so like if that's the case, So if we don't, because David, do you think's coming up or you think he's saying in XSTY as well.
Speaker 2: I don't think he's coming up before the World Rumble.
Speaker 1: Okay, So if that's the case, if we're still right.
Speaker 6: I could see him in the Rumble, Yeah I don't think.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's why I said I don't see him before the World Rubble. But I could definitely see him in the Royal Rumble. I mean, he would get a massive reaction.
Speaker 5: Jeon eliminates him, and you know one of these Saudi princes, you know, they're watching Sita this last show, and that's all Johnson.
Speaker 6: Guy's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: That's all Met Johnson. We gotta get him, you know, with So if that's just I guess, because in case we don't, we will do an episode. Guess we'll talk further, but like, is what's happening to Brown and Punk? Is Punk winning this at Great? Because that did get an ounced. We talked about this before last episode because I was like, I really don't want to do the thing where Braun loses and then he beats Punk down the line. Is Braun like losing at the Netflix or the first episode of Raw or is he winning.
Speaker 5: The the Also, the other report that came out was that like he was the favorite, like on the white right, you know what.
Speaker 1: Fuck it, he's gonna beat Punk and he's gonna win the rumble where you're at Cody and Braun they'renna unite the titles again. But yeah, I just I just I really hope hashtag plans change. I do not want he beats or he loses.
Speaker 5: With this, Like I feel like this mass man if he doesn't help Broun win the title, like he just sucks, like he can't do anything.
Speaker 2: Why are you here?
Speaker 1: Little war games? Though he got that right games. I guess I can see them doing some real tom fuckery where.
Speaker 6: Take the mask off when it was seth Well.
Speaker 1: That's no, maybe not that, but I could see it. I could see it that the mass Man costs Braun at Netflix, and that's a big moment where they're both down and everyone thinks, oh this u bron wins the title and that's how you kind of save Braun from like looking bad because that someone screws him.
Speaker 4: Because I guess we've heard that float.
Speaker 1: Around to that even the ideas of Seth got back, they might do Seth and Braun right or even Seth and Roman.
Speaker 4: So that's where it's like super tough right now.
Speaker 1: And I guess what I'm trying to get to is if all that's up in the Ear of Raw and if Roman and Cody is not happening, what are we doing again with Cody? We've talked about so many times. It's like and it's like, if it's gonna be Punk, then we should have Punk lose in Netflix, right like, or like he should lose and then win that chamber. But just like, I really have no idea what's going on right now at the world titles scene and both kind of things like we do, but just like what that Mania match is going to be, you know, So I don't know. Yeah, it's it's crazy, but yeah, stopped in the deky finishes on these big shows.
Speaker 5: Again.
Speaker 1: To me, that's something where if I'm a newbie and there's this big and just ends in like a meth thing. It's like it's like if you watch a football game that ends in a tie and you're like, oh, like I get it, but like, why can't we play another quarter? I feel it feels like that, And on such a big show. I was surprised. But next we got Bailey versus soul Ruca in another submission of my case of why Bailey's Gonna be come an aw because man, they're like, oh, going to is big. You know, none of the main talent lost except for Bailey, and I'm saying, Pamela, it's time. It's time. I know they're leting johnsona come to your sessions or letting the people go there.
Speaker 4: It's all good.
Speaker 1: Your contract comes up next year, there, haven't you. You're the only person that lost to the NXT town last night. The writing is on the freaking wall. It's time to come over. But this was a really good match. Bailey's a ring general. She kind of have a good match with anybody. Like I said, I think at the beginning it started like a little clunky, but then it got there. I really loved the last sequence of Soul Snatcher in like Bailey's counter into a victory role. I thought that was very clever, even though Bailey kind of no, Sol's the finisher then because she right away just like count.
Speaker 6: But I will give it like a bit of grace because it was like, oh, she was like out of the ring for like right, yeah, no, you're right. Yeah, she hit the.
Speaker 5: Small center and I thought they were gonna do a classic but she started doing that and Soul grabbed her. But then it was like, oh, like I need to drag her in, and then she dragged her in. She like stood up and that's when she did, like it was right, yeah, she popped up and grabbed her right.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, you're absolutely right. I take that back. I forgot it was there was some in between there, so no. I thought it was really good. It was kind of weird to have, I get because they were a team, but like Zari and Lyra there, I thought that something was going to add to it, like just one way or another. And even at the end too, like I don't know, I don't think they's checked out, but when they're just like, yeah they're saloon, they do the It's just like it was a really weird aftermatch of just like raising arms and just yeah, I'm happy you beat me, kid, Like I don't know it was that part.
Speaker 6: Was they did the same thing.
Speaker 4: Did they?
Speaker 3: Okay, so yeah, but at least with the tag match, they looked like they were into it. Where Bailey, she just looked like, all right, I gotta do this thing now. They told me after the match, I gotta do my salute to John Cena like, and I do think like she cares about Johnson, but I also think that you could tell that she was very disheveled after the match, like, all right, you let someone else beat me. I guess now me and my little kid's sidekick Lyra over here can go on back to the back now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we'll see that her.
Speaker 6: Gear was supposed to be like a homage to like the Scena debut.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I saw it on Twitter too. That's pretty good. But yeah, oh good match, is said. I'm just interested see what happens with Bailey next shot.
Speaker 4: That's where and.
Speaker 1: Again I just I think it's it's time to go, But who knows.
Speaker 4: Me They're just gonna throw a.
Speaker 6: Title right before she.
Speaker 1: Like Chad Gable, right, they game that big heel turn and all these promises and what's he doing now? Obviously got injured, But just like same thing with Ellie Knight, I legitimately do think that's what's gonna happen. It came out of his contracts up into that in twenty seven, I'm doing I'm doing a trast told you right now. Barring him being injured or real life a controversy, I think Ellen Knight will win the title in twenty twenty seven. That's their way of like kind of keep the ind And with Bareley, it's just tough because it's like you've done all that stuff, right, She's won the rumbles, she's won the title just and I just as I said with the War Games, it just felt like she was she wasn't in the match, but I just fat she's non existing in a lot of this talk of the top tier women. But yeah, did you like the Mattress s Pubs?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: No, I thought it was really good. Like you're saying, like at the Stars kind of weird.
Speaker 5: I feel like Soula's like she's one of those wrestlers where it's like it's not like sloppy, but it's like that's kind of the way she is.
Speaker 6: She just kind of does like she just moves differently.
Speaker 1: Than the takes a minute to catch up.
Speaker 5: I'd say it's almost like it's sort of like a not exactly a comparison, but like see Him Punk, Like it's kind of like the opposite because se him Punk, but people say it's.
Speaker 6: Like he's like not athletic at all, but he's a good wrestler.
Speaker 5: I feel like sometimes it's like she tries to be like she's so athletic that she tries to go for stuff that like doesn't even make sense.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, at least it wasn't looking like Selena and uh Rhea hunt SmackDown. They like they worked there, So what were you David?
Speaker 2: Again? It was a good match.
Speaker 3: I would even venture to say that on a match basis alone, it was probably the better of the matches of the night. I feel like once they got their stride, they really had some good chemistry. I will say that the announcers are really big enough. The fact that soul Ruka came through the nil deal. Same thing with Obafemi, that like they're they're really trying to get that out there. Hey, all you talented college athletes, just remember these two people that you've just seen. They came up through our next in line deal, so you could be the next one. We found her at Oregon doing tumbling. Who knows what can be in store for you. I felt like they kept driving that home that you know, her collegiate background and then finding her in the short time that they've been in and now they're on a pl with John Cena and things like that.
Speaker 2: But the match itself, it was a good match. I thought that they had some great chemistry.
Speaker 3: It's just man, I feel bad for poor Bailey because I was hoping that she got to win. I knew it was a long shot, but I was really just hoping that they would give her something, especially on a big stage like this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so, well, at least you have to be on the stage. I guess right, you get to be a part of that show if it's washed back. So you had the tag team match, which I I don't have too many more thoughts on.
Speaker 4: I enjoyed it. I just thought it was a lot.
Speaker 1: Sure. I thought it was gonna be They're gonna let them go a bit more crazy. I was singing like a fifteen to eighty minuter and the last five minutes was gonna be completely crazy and kind of I don't know if they didn't want that because they maybe didn't want.
Speaker 4: To burn out the crowd.
Speaker 1: That's the case, I would have swapped them the ladies not to that, just because Bailey and soul Ruku was wrestled in a different way.
Speaker 4: At the start.
Speaker 1: But even though it doesn't matter, they don't burn out the crowd because they have a bunch of segments and they have I forgot to mention that another reason why I hate the show.
Speaker 4: The soupid is our truth Johannry thing.
Speaker 1: It's just like I thought they was setting up for some really big o scena this past I'm not saying ed being one of those fans like oh Adam Copenan's gonna be her, no.
Speaker 4: But just oh man. But yeah, I was just surprised.
Speaker 1: I thought this match was gonna be a bit longer and a bit more crazier, but was still a fun match.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree exactly what you said. It was six and a half minutes. Was this match six and a half minutes?
Speaker 1: Pease?
Speaker 3: I did feel a little bit bad for Javon and Leon Slater after seeing that it was six and a half minutes, because I wish they would have gotten a little bit more time, and that it was a good match. And I will say that between the three matches preceding the going thro Johan Seena match, it does make me want to pay a little bit more attention to NXT after watching all three of these matches. So in that right, they got me to start thinking, Okay, I need to do more than just get s bub's updates on Tuesday nights via discord of how XT's doing.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, and that's that's what they do want, right, They want you and that's a good thing. Like I think we talked about this before and I suppose was completely right on his prediction as far as who would be there, but they picked the Bright Town as well to be select and highlighted between. I think with soul Ruka doesn't matter what people feel about to finish or the way she works, It's like she has a certain she has like close that like what people talk about would Jay So or Jeff Hardy, where there's just like a likable quality that you just can't teach to somebody. Right, Oba has whatever we talked about, and then Jayon and Leon Slater, you know, the future Dirty Stars, just like they have, they have certain talents and skills that are are very good. I'm sure, of course there's tons of other people in XC that are great well too, but I can see why they selected some of them. But yeah, any thoughts on this one?
Speaker 6: Uh, the tag match now, I pretty much just talked about it already. I just thought, yeah, it was it. They did all their their.
Speaker 5: Spots as fast as possible, but I thought it was still a fun match. And like you said, in terms of I pick, I'd say, like for what WW wants in like the wrestlers, I thought it made like That's why I went with these, Like I feel like they all have like that that like the IT factors, they like the marketability Like it's like, yeah, they have like like OVI feminees, l Ruka, like they have unique looks.
Speaker 6: And like Javon and Leon like they have well even like Triple H.
Speaker 5: Like on the post show he was talking about like they asked him about Javon and Leon and he's saying something like there's a lot of guys who have like they have what they say it's like there's a lot of guys who have like that sort of like extreme athleticism and do all the spots because yeah, but then they have no personality. But these guys have have all the ability and all the personality. So and some people are like always taking shots at Ricochet, but I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know that's the case.
Speaker 1: But like, honestly, if Triple Ah is there, if there's a scenario where you're looking his head and Shawn Sin's last match, I gotta take some shots at Ricochet.
Speaker 4: It's just like then we are in trouble.
Speaker 1: If that's like really, especially because like I think in aw he has shown like some of his best stuff has when he was like that kind of psycho nerd thing, right, I feel like he's Ricochet's regressed again.
Speaker 4: With this group.
Speaker 1: I think this group's actually done no favorites for Ricochet. I think it's gona give him a clutch. But before when he was doing like the he's wearing a sweater vest and the glasses, but then he's murdering someone's scissors, It's like, yeah, that's a fun different type of gimmick. Now he's just like classic chicken shit heel guy. But yeah, if trium Baher's honestly think of that on last night, we're in big trouble.
Speaker 4: We're in big trouble.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 6: I was gonna say, I think he's in the Diamond Ring.
Speaker 5: He's royal and so so you know, Sean's gonna eliminate him, and this Sheet's.
Speaker 1: Gonna tack in hell man, I yeah, we'll we'll get there. Yeah, anything else I'm trying to think we had. Yeah, okay, So for the Tag team, so yeah, you're still convinced Jay heel turn's coming and they're not getting those tag type think the way they're.
Speaker 5: Doing it, because they're doing like when they like Reunited, it was like they they came out to just Jay's music and Jay wasn't saying anything, like Jay was just quiet.
Speaker 6: Well, Jimmy was like Jay.
Speaker 5: Like he's lost to l A Knight, He's lost the good there, He's lost to everybody. And Jay wasn't like saying anything, and then it was and then his only response was like, yeah, I just decided, you know, I need my brother and we're gonna win those titles. So I feel like they're gonna beat the New Day. They're gonna go for the titles like they're gonna lose and then he's gonna like shoot chair shot Jimmy.
Speaker 4: So shoot shoot.
Speaker 1: I would love it. I don't think they do this. One of my favorite heel turns of all time is the Second Shield breakup when Seth and Dean won the titles and then right after they won the titles, Ambrose turn on them. I would love them to do that where Jay wins it and then like kind of even says like, oh you like more like Jimmy, you need me so like we're the reason we won these titles, But I don't really need to do that, and like does it matter because like a j and dragonly like they're not gonna be a long term tag team.
Speaker 4: So I love that.
Speaker 1: Just the Jay so heel turned things scares me because.
Speaker 5: Like like they're gonna do like the nodi Q Jimmy versus j I know we can't, we can't. The most they both said that like they know the match was bad last time. I feel like they're gonna want they want to redeem it.
Speaker 1: How much power does the Simone dynasty have? Then you don't you can redeem it on like a backlash, but not at WrestleMania. I just because like at the same time, I know, everyone celebrate when people are putting those tweets of like the singles runs over like all these means, but it's just like majority of the mainstream audience still like has a good time with jau So it goes back and forth, but they're still yen, They're still doing this stuff like they don't care the same way we do. So it's just and I don't think Jay's maybe who knows because Naomi that was a surprise, but I just I just don't.
Speaker 5: Like he like kills Jimmy and he goes off on his paternity leave there.
Speaker 1: Well I could see it before because I still think remember they did that goddamn tribal hair trademark. I still if he turns heel, I do not think Roman versus Jay is off the table. I think there's a good chance that that happens with Jimmy like making the safe or like making like doing something like that like I which I don't think is as much as like Roman and Cody scares me. Roman and j heel J. I don't know how that's that sounds like a scary WrestleMania match up. To me that that has I cannot wait to listen to Meltzer's review of that match if that match happens, And you know, and I wonder, like what Jay's heel entrances but he does off for some reason, but like I wonder, But uh, okay, So I'm I'm gonna just to be positive. Say no, I'm gonna say they win the titles and they're just happy. Maybe they break the up down the line. And what do you think is happening with the tag titles, David? It was just winning this right away. Do you think there's some chicane ray in there gonna be a heel turn? What do you think is happening?
Speaker 3: I don't think they're gonna turn j heel just yet because there's still so much money within his shirts and his entrance and everything else. So but I do think that they're gonna be winning the tag team titles pretty soon.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'll say I wanted to be them just winning it and them facing like I don't know, like the Lucha brosat Mania, But I feel like it's gonna be the the Jades here.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that'd be I didn't even think about that. The Brothers us Brothers Tag Team. Yeah, yeah, there's something there or they just do a schmaws. There was like four of them everything, So we'll see. Is there anything WW related wise, we've talked about like big storylines, something we've missed out.
Speaker 6: On taking out. People think he's been fired by by Triple Age. First.
Speaker 1: That was weird.
Speaker 4: That was that was a weird.
Speaker 1: That was an odd, odd scenario of people thinking that. But uh, I guess it's just doing this thing.
Speaker 5: I feel like he like returns in the rumble. I feel like they do this every year where someone gets like taken out and then they come back.
Speaker 1: In the Rumble and maybe even up to like the Mania.
Speaker 5: You know. Yeah, I was gonna say, I'm pretty sure he has like the most matches worked out of anyone, so he does just be like he gets his Christmas break here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I listened to a Scena episode where he said, like the most matches this year was La Night with seventy seventies, Like I used to be wrestling like two hundred and.
Speaker 4: Fifty six, So you know, it is crazy that way.
Speaker 1: But uh yeah, oh, I guess like.
Speaker 5: The uh, well, we don't really know if we're gonna have a show before the the fifth, I guess, or.
Speaker 1: I guess not, but I well, I think we'll have a I think I think we'd probably have a because like, well, yeah, even if it's that weekend. Yeah, I guess one hundred percent confirms Yeah.
Speaker 5: So I'll say the other big thing is like the whole women's tag titles thing or like now there's like every single team in there.
Speaker 1: Right They've not officially made any matches though, right, No, they've sort of.
Speaker 5: Just had been having like singles matches between different people involved in all the teams. So it still makes me wonder because right now there'd be I think six teams, so it would be Rianneo Charlotte and Alexa Bailey and Lyra Roxan and Live the Kabooki Warriors, Lash and Naya. I think that's everyone who's involved in it so far. So I'm wondering, like, is it just gonna be like a massive I guess i'd be like the six Pack Challenge TLC match, it's like one option or do you do something else like a gauntlet or.
Speaker 1: Takeing Turmoil used to be yeah, which is a gauntlet one by one? Yeah, I don't I would love it, obviously, what I would love them to do is do some sort of screwy finish where the titles get vacated and then do like a big tournament.
Speaker 4: I know we've just did the Seen A tournament, but I'd it if you could do that.
Speaker 1: But at the same time, I think your theory when you said, like whether it's some sort of multiple MENTLC or something that makes sense. I'm just trying to think about where they place it. Do they think that's on the first Netflix or do they put them smacked And because smackton is going to three hours now right beginning of January, so I think you should probably do in SmackDown where you give them the main event and then just make like the last hour like with Entrances, Yeah, with the Entrances celebration the last hour that thing. And because I think too that I'll signify as far as.
Speaker 4: What are we doing with everybody?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: What are we doing with Charlotte and Alexa? What are we doing with Rio and EO? Because like I fee fill with like Ria and EO, it's if they pull the trigger and give them the titles. I honestly think they might have them till media. They might just run with that for a little bit. So that's where it's like, I with with this match will tell us a lot what's going on. I think Lash and I are good to be like a tag team for a little bit. But same thing with Charlotte is she just gonna be a tag team person in Gannaicamania or they don't want to get her ready for WrestleMania. What is going because she lost? Is Tiffany and like hurt or she just time off right now, She's.
Speaker 6: Just time off. She was like all off all social media until like a few days ago.
Speaker 1: And all I saw, Yeah, everyone's talking about who her new guys and everything like that.
Speaker 5: But I think she's also Saudi Arabia two with like Randy and Live and a bunch of other people.
Speaker 6: Oh Moss is there. I believe he is.
Speaker 1: I saw him behind, Like what's a loss in there?
Speaker 6: Yeah, So I feel like she'll come back.
Speaker 5: I feel like she might just come back whenever Jade has her next title defense.
Speaker 1: What a fucking just loop. They've been on the SmackDown Women's They've been in this loop since like the week after WrestleMania. It's kind of crazy.
Speaker 5: So and the whole thing with Mechen Cory Gridge just like buried her on a commentary After's like they had a segment where like, because it was supposed to be like Jade versus Michen, We're gonna have a match on SmackDown, like non title and Michen is like in Gorilla how to make her entrance, and she's like cutting a promo and Jade just like attacks her from behind and then walks out. It's like like I forget, but she she said like, oh, I don't need to fight Michin anymore. And then Meechen came out with like a kendostick started hitting her, but then Jade just like gets the upper hand again, choke slams her and walks away, and Corey Grace was like, I don't think we're ever going to see Meachin challenging for.
Speaker 1: The title again, which is I'm sure they probably still will do it because I will do like.
Speaker 5: The No d Q match, especially since they had like Meechen was like about to get a table and like Jane threw it away and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: So yeah, well and even then Jay, they're just trying to figure so out because it wasn't a couple of weeks ago, they just had her like beat up Chelsea Green for all the reasons.
Speaker 5: Just yeah, she like she squat, Yeah, she she beat up Chelsea Green. Then she had actually just like squashed like Alba fire, and like like two minutes she had another. Oh like bfab, she just like squashed be fab.
Speaker 1: So it's so funny that I because I remember, I think it was PW Insider because they I think they were the ones to confirmed the three hours and then the same report it's like WW knows that there's some issues with SmackDown, then there were gonna beat it up. I feel like I've seen this same report three other times this year, Like they know smackdowns and issue, It's like they fucking fix the issue. I don't care if ro Dog's your boy or whatever, like bringing new writers send him there next to like if you know it's an issue for this long, it's like, why is it still an issue? Like we're getting close to Mania season, like you got last year's bill was kind of men enough, like start getting that going, get it to it because like the last few times I've watched SmackDown, I'm like, man, this show is very tough. The last time I watched was something that stupid Cody and Drew Deek you finished. We didn't talk about that out now it's like because I'm not watching weekly and Esbos you told me before and then we talk about Drew. But it's just like, so, what are we gonna do Cody and Drew, whether it's the first smack down the Air or at Rumble and Cody's gonna beat him again? It's like, man like, at least with the Jane Tiffany thing, it's like their first match ends in DQ. Tiffany wins the first one, Jade wins the next one, so like technically there is a story of It's kind of like the rubber match, right that, Okay, they're both tied one. What's gonna happen with Drew? It's like, oh four, like like what's this like? And I guess the story was what last and didn't Trew get like a three counter someone? The ref was down right, they did that at CERTA makes main events. I think that's they're gonna be the story of, like, oh man, but then they also just had him geek out to fucking Drew like or Oba like and that's fine. Oba's top shit, but just like they use them in just such a like let's just make Oba look strong, Like I love McIntyre, but they've done like I have no interest in Cody and him again, other than Drew winning.
Speaker 4: That's the only way is like Drew.
Speaker 1: Has to win. But I feel like we've said that like the last two times, and he don't win. He doesn't win. He just like Cody finds a way to prevail.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I will say the only other good story on Smack done right now is the the Ilias stuff, because I.
Speaker 1: Want to watch that Champa match. I've heard great things about it, and I like, I used to.
Speaker 5: Say he hadn't done it much in this run, but before, like in his previous before he got Injuri used to say he would bleed in every single match, but like like like busted out, Like he wouldn't played like you get busted a hard single match.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and this one was like this.
Speaker 5: Is probably one of his most extat like it looked like he broke his nose or something because he was bleeding like crazy in this match.
Speaker 6: But the matches have been really good.
Speaker 5: They kind of they've kind of like they call it the Open Challenge but it's not really been an open challenge anymore. It's more like he's just defending the title of every week. But it's like it's not like he waits in the ring and someone random comes out. It's like they've been doing story lines with it, like, oh, this person wants a title shot, so they talked to Nick all this and Early is defending this week.
Speaker 1: But yeah, because it was it was like a I wouldn't. Yeah, it was a weird, like for Dragon off being like I'll take on all comers and he was always like but not you. It was it was an odd story. But like, I'm excited to watch batch because I'm a big Champa fan from the the old n x T days. He was a great hel and uh yeah, i've heard nothing at things.
Speaker 5: That's cool, I'll say the story Now it seems like it might actually happen that Carmelaays wins.
Speaker 6: This this US title because really the whole thing with.
Speaker 5: Champa is last week, Ilia defended against uh Mello and Melo is like about to win and Champa like threw him off the ring post and like then but Ilia didn't cecil then he and then he was mad that like Champo like like Mellow lost like unfairly. So then he finally did the match against Champa. D I Y and Candice come out there at the end after after he beat Champa and they start beating him up.
Speaker 6: Mello comes out to the safe to like a mega pop just.
Speaker 5: And they're channing for Melow and he's like, you know, he's he takes out d I Y on his own and then you know, he helps with Ilia. So I feel like they're gonna do like him and him and Ilia against d I Y. They probably beat d I Y there, and then it seems I could see us being first SmackDown of the year of doing Ilia versus Mellow for the US title again with Melow winning.
Speaker 1: Do you think they're gonna do that? They're like baby Babyface and mel is just gonna beat them. That's my only thing is.
Speaker 5: I mean, they already did the match before a babyface babyface.
Speaker 4: But but I can't. But he didn't beat him, right, Like I know, he beats Sam and.
Speaker 5: Shampa Costam and like Ilia hit his finisher and like pinned them, and the crowd was like booing Ilia that.
Speaker 6: That Melow lost.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, And I.
Speaker 5: Think this would be their fit and they have like a like if you count their next matches, I think they'd be tied because I think it's like Mellow, Like I think Mellow retained once Ilia beat him, Ilia retained over him, then retained the US titles. Then if Mellow beats him for the US title, they'd be tied.
Speaker 1: Okay, I hope, So I hope that's happens. Just because the booking has been with him. I'm gonna say it's not gonna happen. I say they're what they're gonna do those They're gonna wait and see if the pops and stuff sustained like the caring for So what I bet is they're gonna give Mellow a great match with Elia, but he's still gonna lose. But then will We'll see because I could also see the US title. I wonder WrestleMania if that if he gets a a one on one match or if that's like a four six way type of match with Elia and stuff, and that's where it's like I could see Mellow maybe getting it, but I don't know. Yeah, yeah, well we'll see. We're getting the Rumbles season now we're getting Do you have any draft updates spubs or have you not done that? Sure? Yeah, give us that in the old transition, aw after that because yeah, we only got two matches for olds in right now, so well three, I guess.
Speaker 6: But so David has five hundred seventy two points.
Speaker 5: Uh, Travis has eight hundred and seventy one points, and I have eight hundred and twenty seven points.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I just need Jericho not to come back, Tony Kahan. I need you to give that big contract.
Speaker 6: Yeah, all of Carlos Silva that money.
Speaker 1: Jered good exactly.
Speaker 6: But even then I feel like you show up in the road.
Speaker 1: He would Yeah, that'shy I don't want that. I want him. I want him in aw now just for this point. But uh yeah, speaking of that, like I said, we don't have much. We have what we talked about the last two episodes, which you kind of thought, and it's right now. Currently the main event I'm assuming is Joe versus Swore versus hang Man. Now the Diamond ring thing, is that happening this Wednesday or is the next Wednesday?
Speaker 6: I think this Wednesday?
Speaker 1: This Wednesday, so, and I can't remember because it's dumb rules. But MGFF doesn't have to he's also be in the Battle Royal, right, I think no, he's just defending.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think they I think what they did this year is like I believe what they said is like they have the Battle Royal to get like this shot at the ring and also for a title shot. But then I think they also mentioned something it's like, oh, we don't know where MJF is, so if he doesn't show up, then they get the ring or something like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, because yeah, there's there wasn't think the second year they did it that he was in the Battle Royal Again, it was the last two that did it. But I think they've changed that. So I guess we'll see in the coming weeks. But I'm sure mgff's coming back.
Speaker 5: I'm sure this is the thing needs to be that he needs to cash in one week in advance, like he's gonna show up to this contract signing and cash in.
Speaker 1: For a second, maybe I was delusional. I really actually enjoyed the match. For a second, I thought they were gonna have Eddie beat Joe because I thought I always thought Eddie Kingston the world type run he would get would be like a month, a couple of weeks and I thought, Man, imagine that he'll heat of Eddie winning next week, he gets his victory speech and MGFF.
Speaker 4: Just beats him for it because I was like, oh, I can see the vision.
Speaker 1: I can see like why they want to do this. I still don't see the vision of this match of Joe Swerven Hangman and MGFF. Don't get wrong, I think the actual match will be good. I just don't. I guess I don't see the vision of MGF wins. You know, if he loses, then we'll talk about. But if he wins, I always say, Okay, well you just should have kept it on Hangman for that time. It would you could still do the same storyline and him versus different ops people everything like that. Obviously we'll see what happens there, but yeah, we'll shoe well.
Speaker 5: I've been meaning about like MGF just winning it right away, but I feel like he'll lose here, but with the diamond ring gimmick, he'll get another title shot.
Speaker 1: I kind of love, I kind of love like I want this. It's not the same way because they did the whole week thing. I've always wanted this to happen. I think I've pitched this before where I want a money in the bank winner to get a Number one Contenders match, have the match and it go super close and they lose it, but then they attack the person after the match in cashing right there. I've always wanted that, and I wish they could have done that with the cash and where let's say he wins the diamond ring thing, he gets the shot, he loses the Joe or in the four way, but then after cheats the way to do it. No one's done the I'm waiting for someone they're going to do in like.
Speaker 6: The for viden door match, because that was before they changed the rules.
Speaker 5: Like, yeah, I thought Vin was gonna beat him and then like the heel he would have been like he cashed in right away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because that to me is like a great way of like or even if imagine you get the Network Contenders match and you just start that match off for like a low blow. You just beat the shit out of the guy, and then you cash and right after like such a good Healy way of like, oh, I was never gonna wrestle that match. I was just gonna use it to like take advantage and take you out. But uh, Dave, what do you think's happening here at again MGF not confirmed, but that looks to be the thing at Worlds and the swoarway.
Speaker 4: Is MGF just taking it?
Speaker 6: Is it?
Speaker 4: Is there a Swerve in there?
Speaker 3: I think MJF comes back, but I'm not sure if MJF takes it. I think that this could be a chance that you could put the title back on Swerve for a bit, because I mean he was he was rocking and rolling for a while before injuries started to derail him. And I know how much TK absolutely loves him, so this could be a chance to put it back on him.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he's one of those like the people talk about like fed soldiers, like he's a dub soldier.
Speaker 4: He because if.
Speaker 1: People don't remember him. Adam Cole Weord the two people that supposedly WW tried to like contract town for with and they both went to Tony or like, hey, what's going on? And I guarantee there's some people that didn't go to Tony and were like just kept it quiet, But Swerve was one of those people that went like, hey, they're trying to like.
Speaker 4: Get me out of this contract right now.
Speaker 1: And obviously Swerve signed that Big five year deal two, right, so like he's a guy like more than MGF. You know, it swears around. I wouldn't mind it because like they still have not done the swerve MGF like full storyline. I think there's lots of meat on that bone. With those two, it's just a question. And I think also for them, it's kind of like what we've talked about with Seth and everything. I think with their next six to eight months plans, it's all about like what's happening with Ospray, right, because if he is good to go for all in, then like clearly that's the plan, right, it's probably MGF versus Ospray. He'll babyface Osprey gets a big win. But if he's not cleared, that completely changes to me what allin would be, especially they're back in London, so it's like I don't know what the plan could be, and they probably know better about oustbrey condition than us clearly, so yeah, we'll have to see. And then on the.
Speaker 6: Women's because I think he had like next surgery, right, so that's like you never know how long that could take.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a bigger one too, So and then on the women's side, right now, I kind of missed this match was confirmed. I've not watched Collision, but this is the juice. This is Chris Statler versus Jamie Hayter. I did pitch just a couple episodes ago. I pitched it though, Hater turning on Statlander.
Speaker 5: So I still see the female hangman versus a joke where they do a few.
Speaker 6: Of these with yes turning.
Speaker 1: That's exactly what I think is gonna happen, because I don't know because if Stantleinder, I guess there are doing like I guess you could do Statlander beats and they just do another babyface for stat Lander.
Speaker 4: But I do think you could do, and I think that's happened.
Speaker 1: Statlander's gonna win Hater turns on, whether it's the show after or right after the match. I think Hater as a heel probably should go down too, because if people forget like that's how she started get over the crowd, is her being a heel, and then they just flipped her because it's like, well, people just enjoy her, right, So I just think I Haters a baby face has just been kind of flowing around. I think there's too many like eccentric characters right now with Mina and Tony and Chris and Willow, which we'll talk about. So I'm kind of hoping or I just would like the Jamie cheats to win and that's how you get the heel turned, because I'd love her to get some juice. But I think this match is gonna be really, really good. But I see Statlander winning it because I feel like Tony's been talking about stat Landers like a pillar for a w lately of just anytime they're just like, who do you see lead in the future. He's like, oh, Chris Statland. It's like, well, that doesn't count. She's like she's the present. Like I hate when he answers last time, soone asks like who do you see is the future of that? He's like, well, I think it's like Ousbrey Swerve and uh, Chris Statlander. It's like, all right, cool, like Ausbrey, who's gonna You're gonna, you know, give the crown to which I get that's fine, but like stant Lander's already the champ, Like I guess you call it the future. But like I think people when they ask that question kind of asking like, hey, who's wrestling in the dark match on collision?
Speaker 4: Do you think could be the future.
Speaker 1: But he always just goes with the Peel the Top people right now, so which they are apparently bringing back after Dark for a Dark for one night only, so good job.
Speaker 6: For the car there, And it's just like very it's just like one one pretty top star.
Speaker 1: I guess, just like that's all that Dark ever was Dark, would always dark, would randomly have like one good like top match, and I guess people like that. I guess because they did. Like there is stuff where like they had a match where it's like Harley Cameron versus Will and I and get like on Dark like three years ago when Harley was nothing right because the people have shown that so like it is like a fun origin story. But that's where it's like I don't have.
Speaker 5: Tea, Like there's so many people that you can find, like their their aw Dark debut. There's a bunch of nic people who wrestle like one match on Dark and stuff. I think the big draw for for this Dark like is like I think it's like all the male Death Riders against a bunch of like UK indie guys.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, of course, yeah that'll be fun for that crowd. But David, how do you see uh stanlerd and Hater going.
Speaker 3: I think uh Stettlander wins, but it's going to be the continued slow devolving of her and Hater, and eventually you're going to get it going from friendly robbery tell all that warfare. Yeah, that's that's going to be the big, the big battle.
Speaker 4: For a while.
Speaker 1: I'm down because I also think for me, Hater works just very well as a heel. So we'll see that happens. And then honestly, we got semi final number one number two for the the way they put this, semi final number one winner versus semi final number two winner, and that's Gold league winner.
Speaker 4: Versus Blue league. Oh so we're getting three.
Speaker 1: I see what it is. Okay, so this is right. They're doing the three matches again, two semi finals and then the finals.
Speaker 4: Dave, what have you thought.
Speaker 1: About the C two. I think I've of the matches that have happened, I think I've watched seventy five percent. I've not seen the latest collision, which was also yesterday. I've seen about seventy five percent of those. Do you think about do you got any standouts right now or anything.
Speaker 3: I've been loving what they've been doing. With Claudio in there. But you can't discount Takesha at anytime. I know how much they love Takeshta, and so this would be a good time to build up him, continue to build up Okada. But man, I've been loving this shime that they've been given to Claudio.
Speaker 1: M Yeah. I think for me, Claudio, that's been good stuff. I'm interested to see what happens after the fact. I had I think my favorite, because I have a ranking on drop Kick, I think my favorite was the I think it might have been the Okada Fletcher match up until this week. Mike Bailey and Fletcher had a phenomenal matchup. It was crazy good and that's what I was gonna say, is the person that also.
Speaker 4: I love that they gave Night that Darby wind.
Speaker 1: That's what's needed. It sucks crazy we didn't talk about was on the air yet crazy that all the shit Derby does and just a Coast to Coast taking him out. Like I said in the discord, that seth we maybe got a banned the Coast to Coast where two top stars are going out, just have Shane do it. But uh, that was big and I like.
Speaker 5: The Coast to Coast where it looks cool, but he doesn't touch anyone exactly.
Speaker 1: That's what you need, right, And I can't remember what was the other right when Fletcher got that win, but yeah, they gave Bailey the win over Fletcher here and that's where night they're giving the showcase, I think with some of the bigger moments matches. But Bailey he had a match. I think his first round match was against pak which was great because the last two minutes of the match or maybe three, i'll say, the to the finish. Actually it was just about who could kick each other hard enough, and they did this thing where they're kicking each other, and then they were both in the ring and they both decided to back up and they want they bounced on the ropes and they did like whatever. Drew's like, what's his finish again? They claim, well, yeah, they did like that. And they were both down and out and they're down the rest checking on and everything like that, and they were all outside the ring and they both see each other from across the ring on the other side, and they decided to run around the ring and du it again on the outside. It was just great. It just is like, okay, let's see who could kick each other more. It was just such a just I love when matches and side like this is gonna.
Speaker 4: Be our gimmick.
Speaker 1: We're gonna we're gonna make it that we're using the same move who can do better? And pok up the wind parks look good too. But Bailey is like and I've like, I like Bailey, but I haven't seen much of his teenage stuff. I've just heard about him a lot, and I liked that triple threat he did with Omega and Ricochet, But like, I think his running a he's been good, you know, but this tournament I think is really doing some stuff from butt him and Fletcher. Yeah, it was like a work Ray main event level like type of pay per view match.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 1: It was outstanding, And so for me, I think Bailey is like he he might be coming out of this tournament the wrestling star, but I know he is a good wrestler. But he's been on some really good stuff.
Speaker 6: I don't know, but Bailey. Also, they did Bailey Versus kind of a Night.
Speaker 4: Yes last night, right, Bailey? Really, I'm so.
Speaker 1: I guess that's probably why they gave a Night that big Derby win because Night one lost to Fletcher, which was a good match, and then he lost to uh or No, did he not lose the Fletcher?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I gotta I'm behind because on my seat two I thought he did. Yeah, like I said, I'm my dropping. I'm trying to have them ranks. And then at the end of the second remember it. But yeah, so it's gonna be interesting. I still think it's gonna be Takesha and Okada oh Man and Takesha had another good one too. Shit it was it was on the second whatever. His second match was heat a really good one. But yeah, they're they're having some Oh it was him and Roddy, Him and Roddy, because Roddy, I think is gonna be the guy gets no wins this tournament. There's always one. I think that one year was Jay Leefall. I think Roddy because I think we all know that was supposed to be Kyle Straw or Kyle Riley probably, But Roddy and Takesha had this really good match as well too, of just just kind of like they're not powerhouses but like low Ki, like Roddy's pretty built and Takesha is just a big guy. So no, there's been some good ones, and I like that there's a lot of like that Fletcher, I thought, oh, they can name one defeated he loses.
Speaker 4: To Bailey randomly.
Speaker 1: I think they've it is one of the better years of the finishes, aren't right now? One hundred percent of what's gonna happen, you know? And actually too. Another good one was a pack in Okada because they wrestled it in a purely heel versus heel typeway, similarly me as Fletcher and Okada.
Speaker 4: Then a moment where Ocada.
Speaker 1: Was gonna do so or Fletcher was on the top rope, o'cada was down and he pushed the reft in the ropes, and then five minutes later Fletcher did the same thing of copying him. So I've liked a lot of the heel versus heel matches because I think that they are I like when they try to outchee each other. But okay, so if we got to pick the four, who do we think the four? Because I I think it's Fletcher, Ocada, and Taqushta and I don't know who the fourth one's gonna be. The get semifinals for World's End. That's where I'm I'm tough on. I feel like it has to be like another baby face if it's those three. But unless you guys think it's somebody else, That's why I'm throwing it out there. Who do you guys think will be the top four when we get to world's end?
Speaker 2: No, I'm the same as you.
Speaker 1: So who's your fourth though? Because I don't have a fourth dead I'm I'm I'm screwed.
Speaker 5: I mean, was like one, either Mox or Claudio would make it to the right if you wanted to.
Speaker 1: It's already starting. It's already you can feel that vibe. Ready, I'm ready. You know, sixteen times AW world champion. Let's go. You know, like, what what a what a story from Ox in twenty twenty five, you know, to be the most hated man to like now crowds pop and form everything like that, and people think he's killing TV. But because that would be yeah, if you have a caught up Takesha, Fletcher, and Mosley, technically that is all four heels, right, which right, I guess this isn't for a title, so doesn't he like it? It's for ATILE, it's not for MG, It's not I meant for like fight mgf right, like if he's a champion, so right, it is right.
Speaker 6: Sure your own like they're in your own university.
Speaker 1: It is yeah, okay, so okay Mosley.
Speaker 3: See I have Claudiokeshta, Fletcher Ocata.
Speaker 4: Okay, who gouda pick just to be different.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna you can. I think that's where I'm gonna go. I think they're gonna make Bailey the underdog because what is it. It's gold league winner versus Blue league winners. I'm trying to think who he could verse.
Speaker 5: I mean, I feel like, unless you do the gimmick of Okada finally just like loses the title, my not making the finals.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I if they do that, you're gonna I'm not gonna do a full ramp, but like, I'll definitely bitch him on a bit on the next episode of of the Gimmick because like, to me, she's like, have him lose it, don't do Like I still think the finals should just be Okada Takesha. Takesha gets the big victory and then he beats the big tournament winner guy. But I'm trying to find I can find every fucking year, but this year Google Images is just.
Speaker 6: Screwing me over, are you looking just for like all the people in it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, so in fact, because I'm just trying to find out, like what the finals, so if Bailey, because if Bailey were to get there, so it I have been Mockster Takeshta. I'm just trying to see what would be the better prepairing for the two of them. I feel like if it's Ocada Mocksley, that's dangerous. I don't know what time match I will say, Okada has been Actually he's not been sleep in this tournament. He's actually put in the work. It's like when it's a tournament, he locks back into New Japan side. It's like, oh, it's a tournament, you'd tell me, but.
Speaker 2: Like tournament mode activated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just trying to think who would be better because you can't do Ocado. So yeah, honestly, if it was the finals, you'd probably if it got to those ones, you'd have to do Ocada and probably Moxley and then takesht and Bailey and then because I think to Keshan, Bailey would be tons of fun and then make.
Speaker 5: Sense especially since their friend, like they're the ones that are like friends in the don Kyles family.
Speaker 4: For some like yeah, right, I guess you and that's what you could do.
Speaker 1: Also, right, you could do and Fletcher, Yeah, it's tough for me, Like I'm being like, I'm trying to be Devil's advocate, but I do really think it's just to Kesha Moxley or Claudia. I guess, yeah, it's that's what I like. There's I think we just know Daqushada. Yeah, I think we just know Toketcha Cato at least are to those slots. Yeah, I think those are locked, so we'll have to see what happens there. But yeah, even Deronto, like they gave him a win, you know, like he beat Claudia and that that's why I like is Claudio gets big wins, right, they make him beat Darby, they make them beat Boxley, and then he loses to the guy that's easily ranked last as term as far as importance. But that's why it doesn't hurt Claudio because like, well, he'll just beat two main inventors.
Speaker 4: And he can lose to them.
Speaker 5: Makes sense to since since just for the like CMLL guy beat the guy with the with the title, since yeah, and you can match on I'm pretty sure they announced it for like a CMLL show, like Claude perfect the title and.
Speaker 1: Then if Claudia wins, he gets his win back there. Right, But again, like why isn't Claudia walking out with that title? Bugs me a bunch. I at least saw one show he didn't.
Speaker 4: There's one.
Speaker 1: I think the match with Moxley. He didn't, and it bugged me same way as.
Speaker 6: Like Joe definitely seen a clip of him focus.
Speaker 1: Maybe once, just the same way as when Joe walked out first time match no trio's title insight he had the next time.
Speaker 4: But it's like these titles.
Speaker 6: But uh, I can read you guys the card for this week's Dynamite.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, what is it?
Speaker 6: And it's a it's a three hour special as.
Speaker 5: Well, because that's always there now with the every time it's before a pay per view, since they don't have Collision, they add the extra.
Speaker 6: Hour to uh to Dynamite.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 6: There's a Connell classic match you have Fletcher versus pac Oh.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be that's gonna be good because Pawk I like the work he's doing. Okay, that's gonna be a good one.
Speaker 5: The another classic match you have Dorada versus Orange Cassidy.
Speaker 3: Hmm.
Speaker 1: That's a that's an interesting baby face babyface match right there. That's gonna be I'm not saying it's gonna be bad. I just have to see how that that looks in my mind.
Speaker 4: It's a weird parent but okay.
Speaker 6: Then another classic match you have Moxley versus Roddy Strong.
Speaker 4: Oh, all good, we get to run back one of my fair bits.
Speaker 1: I guess it happened this year is when they did the Big Tag Team and Rod Marina came face to face and I wonder, yeah, I wonder if they're gonna play that back.
Speaker 5: And Marina has another match on this show, so they could say she's not Yeah, and conall classic.
Speaker 6: If I think if you have someone at ringside you'll get like banned, Yeah, so good reason, I fired. I think.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, if she's out there this time, I actually could see Roddy again the win. But you're right, she won't be there, so that's a good reason. So okay, but that'll be fun.
Speaker 5: Then you have a seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars seven hundred and fifty thousand euro aka one million dollar winner take all match between the Elite and the donk House family and it's a winner take all match because this is the money that the Elite won, but the donk House family stole it.
Speaker 6: So now this is the match to win the same money they already won. Now I need to win it back.
Speaker 4: Bid I hate the money.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't hate the many matches I hate, like we're talking about the spamming of them. But on that team though, it is Takesha and o'caa, right.
Speaker 6: It's Takeshta Okada and hetches Sero.
Speaker 4: Yeah, which is gets Kenny in the Bucks.
Speaker 1: I like all that because you got o'cada that OSSI has history with Bucks and Kenny, so we play on that.
Speaker 4: You got to catch you Ocada together.
Speaker 1: So absolutely absolutely he's there. But yeah, I like I like that pairing, so that that that should be interesting to see what o'conda do.
Speaker 3: Is there.
Speaker 6: So then you have an eight woman tag team match of Class.
Speaker 1: Special.
Speaker 4: You got three hours.
Speaker 1: What are you gonna do with all the top women? Put them in the same match for ten minutes?
Speaker 5: Go So you have Mercedes, Athena, Marina and Meghan Vaine versus the Babes of Wrath and the timeless love bombs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which we can stop to about there.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 1: I was very happy that they gave Harley and Willow to win because I did like, Tony doesn't need like a first ever. She's established. But I still didn't think it was gonna poltry. I think we have Molple episodes said like, oh, this is just no matter what, Willow and Harley are losing, and they got it. The match was like, it was fun up until the I can't remember what the sequence was. It was Harley with somebody, I think it was with Mina, and they had like two to three like not botches, but just miscues in a row, and it just like the momentum just.
Speaker 4: Halted, and it sucked that.
Speaker 1: I wish they kind of like obviously on TVs they actually can't do that, but it just sucked that way because they had like a good thing going and it just kind of took a turn.
Speaker 4: But yeah, that's that's fun.
Speaker 1: I guess. There were reports that Tony's like looking for more women because he wants to put the tag team secret like the.
Speaker 4: League like whatever the division up there.
Speaker 1: But at the same time, it's like I have a hard time believe that when you're just doing the eight women tags and stuff. So I hope that happens, but I'm happy they have to win.
Speaker 5: I don't really know what Mercedes is doing next, because what I thought they were gonna do is like like Willow and Harley were gonna win, and then you finally do like Willow.
Speaker 6: And Mercedes, and that's how you continue a storyline.
Speaker 5: Well, then I don't really know what Mercedes is doing unless you just get like the classic Mercedes of she gets.
Speaker 6: A random challenger like one week before the show, and that's her.
Speaker 2: Probably.
Speaker 1: I was surprised on the show last night for rep Pro apparently she retained that title.
Speaker 5: I thought she was going to lose they start they apparently on the show they like to make people think she was She put like all her British titles on the line, like right before the match, and then she still retained, so they would have been for like four titles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that kind of spoils it then, So they were surprised by Willow and Harley getting the win there first ever aw Women Tag team champions.
Speaker 3: I thought that they would go with the timeless love bombs, but I'm I'm happily surprised that they went with Willow.
Speaker 2: I think she deserves it. I really like Willow.
Speaker 3: I know TK really liked Swallow. So having them go for a nice little run for a while with that before turning it over to somebody else will be just fun for them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what else is left there?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 5: Then you have for the aw world tag teach Imian Chiefs. You have f t R versus the Bang Pang Gang.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which is like a clobbled what it's like, Juice and one of the guns.
Speaker 6: Right, Juice and yeah, Juice and one of the guests.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because because that's the whole thing, Like I forget, which I think Austin Gunn is the one who got injured.
Speaker 6: They got injured return match like right away?
Speaker 4: Yeah right, damn that sucks.
Speaker 5: And then you have the Diamond Ring Battle Royal and then the contract signing, and I assume they'll probly be one or two more matches on the show.
Speaker 1: I wonder the contract signing. I feel like that's where we get MGF music, right, yeah, event that's the return.
Speaker 6: They all will be the main event. It'll be like the Dynamite Man.
Speaker 1: It'll be the Yeah, it'll be the main event of Dynamite. Yeah, that the top coup.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it'll be the all sign yeah yeah, and then.
Speaker 5: Maybe I feel like I feel like, oh you know what, that will be the main event of Dynamite, and then they'll do like the diamond.
Speaker 6: Ring maybe on like the collision part of the show. Yeah, let's just like and keep people watching. Whats not like as important as the other matches.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Plus Mjf's there, so it's like, okay, he'll he'll defend it against whoever wins this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he'd be watching from afar on commentary or something. So yeah, we'll see, we'll talk about that in the future. And then yeah, like I said, we will decide when the next show is because obviously the twenty seventh is that, but we'll wait till closer because the holiday, so show will be, like I said, either last week December or first week of January, and then probably the show after that, we'll do our kind of year in awards. We'll everything go out and then we'll do our year in awards, and then we'll by the time then be doing Rumble predictions and we're back in the many season already. Boys, It's like it's not even that far away. It's a couple months and we're already back there, and then we're gonna be doing our draft shake up and then we're gonna be redrafting.
Speaker 4: So yeah, the next few months we'll be busy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, maybe twenty six GM.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm very curious to see. Yeah, I'm curious see what changes they do or if they don't. I have a theory that they might not do too many changes because they beached up. Suret the online, but I feel like.
Speaker 5: We're probably just gonna get like, well, my thing has been, we're probably getting like Triple A and all the brands and stuff like that. It's like, I mean, because that's like it's not like TNA where it's apparntship like they literally own Triple as true, like they have c W.
Speaker 6: And w c W and they're like, I feel like you're gonna get Triple A as like a brand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, jam No, that's true. Yeah, you get fucking iguana in there everything like that. So yeah, so yeah, lots of stuff is gonna be happening. We're not gonna have a lack of content. So yeah, we'll be back at some point, uh in that timeline, and I promise you it'll not be boring. Thanks for listening, but