Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app Stories from around the globe this morning. Oh yes, Like in Brazil, Barbara haunts a picturesque Arco de Tellis alleyway. In Indonesia, residents reports seeing apparitions of people in blood stained clothes wandering. You're the tracks where a tragic train collision took place in Nigeria, Madam koy KOI and the sound of her clicking heels keeps terrified students shuddered inside their dorms. I prefer all of this to the garbage that is this election year.
Speaker 2: Get it.
Speaker 1: I see what you did. You did garbage. I think he hates her. I don't think he's a senile old man who doesn't know what he's doing. I think he really just dislikes Kamala Harris. And Trump's even said it. Trump said yesterday, I think he likes me more than he likes Kamala Harris. I think Biden's still pissed off. I think he's cantankerous and pissed well. I don't know about I don't know about pissed. I feel like he he kind of he saw the writing on the wall.
Speaker 3: I don't know if well, okay, maybe maybe he's angry that she's the one.
Speaker 1: I think he's got moments of clarity where he gets pissed. I don't think he's there all the time, all the time. In fact, this beginning of a sentence made me chuckle. It's about the whole his supporters are garbage comment that he made. This is the part that made me laugh. Biden tweeted later in the evening, that's that is lies, lies, lies, Morgan Wallen.
Speaker 2: Biden did not tweet, and he wasn't up.
Speaker 3: Later in the evening, somebody got ahold of his account. The people that do that all probably under the age of I'd say fifty, maybe who do that? This was what Joe Biden said. He was talking to a he was on a zoom call organized by the Hispanic advocacy group called Voto Latino, and he was responding to for some reason, it's still got legs Tony Hinchcliff of all people saying the thing about how there's an island in the there's an island full of garbage, and they call it Puerto Rico.
Speaker 1: It was such a stupid thing to say. It was a joke with not a good payoff. It never was gonna have a good payoff. But it's even stupid or that they're hanging their hat on a joke that a comedian made at a rally.
Speaker 3: Hours before Donald Trump probably even arrived at the venue. I mean, and that's another issue, is you're talking about this type. This is not like something that Donald Trump vets all of these speakers beforehand and goes, well, I like that guy's comedy, but I don't want him to get to racy or I hope he drops that line about the Puerto Rico thing.
Speaker 2: That was really funny when I heard it the first time.
Speaker 3: He doesn't know Tony Hinchcliff is no, but this is Joe Biden's bonds on Voto Latino yesterday.
Speaker 4: Just the other day, a speaker at Israelly called Puerto Rico a floating island of garbage. Only garbage I see floating down there as his supporters. His demonizational scene is unconscionable, and it's on American. It's cody, contrary to everything we've done.
Speaker 3: All right, A president should not talk like that about Americans, period. But we also need to gird our loins a little bit and stop being such pansies about stupid names that people call us.
Speaker 1: Some somewhere in Joe Biden's dark recesses of the brain parts that still work, something told him that it was deplorables that handed Trump the election. The first time Biden's pissed, he was forced out, and somewhere in that file and the brain it opened and he decided to go with the nuclear option of garbage. Now they're trying to say he didn't say that, that he was just trying to talk about that one joke or that one comment, or that one supporter being the comedian right.
Speaker 3: And that's where the White House gets in trouble. We've seen this over and over again. We saw it when Trump was in the White House. We saw it when Biden was in the White House. We saw it when Hillary Clinton wanted to get into the White House. It was changing what is clearly obvious to all of us who heard that he said Trump supporters are garbage, period.
Speaker 2: That's what he said.
Speaker 3: When the White House goes and changes the transcript and literally adds an apostrophe to try to make it seem like Joe Biden was only referring to Tony Hinchcliff the plural noun versus the.
Speaker 2: Possessive net like it. It doesn't.
Speaker 3: Just don't lie about it. Say the President regrets what he said. He didn't intend.
Speaker 1: It was the heat of the moment. It was verbal manslaughter.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 1: It serves them right, honestly for lying to everybody for so long about Joe Biden's condition. You know, and we talked about it the other day that in the Woodward book they talk about an event in July of twenty twenty three where he's completely unhinted. She tells us the same story three times in the same way, and yet nobody reported on it. The media is to blame the White Houses, to blame Jill Biden, Kamala Harris, everybody who was in the room, if you were in the room with him and didn't kind of sound the alarm, I mean, at least and maybe that is a book that has not been written. Maybe the alarm was sounded, we just haven't heard about it yet.
Speaker 2: There is an interesting thing going on. Your point that he hates her.
Speaker 3: There's at least a possibility that there's some bad blood between the president and vice president right now. She was put in a position of answering questions about what he said.
Speaker 2: We'll play that for you when we come back.
Speaker 3: But also other Democrats, including Josh Shapiro, Governor of Pennsylvania, now put in a position of answering what was he did he refer to all of these potential voters as garbage.
Speaker 1: And here's the thing. It's a different role for the Democrats to be sitting in right now because so often they get mad at Republicans for saying, well, what Trump meant to say is exactly what Trump meant to say is and now they're in that lane what he meant to say.
Speaker 2: Is no, we heard it with our own ears.
Speaker 1: We hear what Trump says, we heard what Biden says, We heard Kamala Harris and her word salads.
Speaker 2: We know what we know.
Speaker 1: Don't try to spin it. We're not children.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: Some of these global ghost stories are dark, like the one in Rio about Barbara said it was in turn of the nineteenth century. In Rio, it's bustling merchants, vendors and slave people, sailors, and a Portuguese immigrant twenty.
Speaker 2: Years old named Barbara.
Speaker 1: Legend has it she stabbed her sleeping husband to run off with a lover. She killed him too and was on her own, so she turns to sex work inside the Arco Detellis Arc, the dank, dark passage let off the plaza where the Portugue's emperor sat and members of the royal court became faithful clients of Barbara. But age and disease caught up to her. One chronicler, her Metto Limo, wrote in nineteen twenty one of a hole in her nose, her bulging eyes, scratched eyelids, and skeletal hands.
Speaker 2: A hole in her nose.
Speaker 1: So to rejuvenate, Barbara started washing with animal blood, but that failed, so she used blood from infants abandoned in an old church. People are screaming in the halls. Apparently she would she would like a toad creep out of her hiding place. When someone brought an abandoned baby to the church and steal the child and drip its blood upon her leprous ulcers.
Speaker 2: Did it work? What?
Speaker 1: That's what your question is? Yeah, I want to know what she looks like now she disappeared, but her story lingers. Word is she still prows tell us arc by Night surviving on the Blood of bay Games.
Speaker 2: I don't have I'll get some creepy music. If you're going to keep doing these stories.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've got a bunch of all right, Great, we have a chance for you to win one thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: Now your chance to win one thousand dollars. Just enter this nationwide keyword on our website bills.
Speaker 2: That's bills, b I L L S.
Speaker 5: Enter it now at KFI AM six forty dot com, slash cash, Howard by Sweet James Accident Attorneys. If you're hurting an accident, Winning is everything, call the winning attorneys at Sweet James one eight hundred nine million that's one eight hundred nine million or sweet James dot com.
Speaker 3: That keyword goes on the website against bills, it goes KFI AM six forty dot com slash cash. Keep an eye on your email in box. That's how we notify the winners that they want a thousand bucks.
Speaker 6: Urian Shannon love your show. Listen every day. Even though I left so Caw San Diego for Texas, I listen every day. I know the news there, I know the traffic there, but I listen every day and all I want to say is I find it really cute how you guys can justify the comedian saying what he said, you know, hours before Trump got on stage. But you can't justify what Biden said, Right, Two wrongs don't make your right. So if you're going to give a pass to one, give the pass for other. Yeah, I'm voting for Trump, though I.
Speaker 1: Find it interesting that you say that president should not say nasty things about people.
Speaker 2: Does that also apply to Donald Trump? Yes, and we say that over and over again.
Speaker 1: To confused, what was the first comment was we're justifying which which one?
Speaker 2: Well, we didn't justify either one, did we.
Speaker 3: She suggested that we were justifying Tony Hinchcliffe's comments by saying that it came long before President Trump took the stage.
Speaker 2: No, I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I'm saying he's a comedian, and that's what I don't I don't say.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't take what he says.
Speaker 1: A comedian's mouth is trying to get a laugh as the bible of what the candidate believes.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 3: And here's the other thing, Joe Biden's also not the candidate. He's the sitting president. That comes with that brings with it a certain amount of what I would expect to be decorum, but he's also not the candidate. Tony Hinchcliffe is not the candidate. Now again, it's it's.
Speaker 2: A weird thing.
Speaker 3: We're in this weird cycle where five days away, six days away from the election, and all of this stuff just brings with it sort of a fever pitch that it doesn't have to have. Now, we all need to make sure that when when our the hair on the back of our neck stands up because somebody uses a word like garbage or talks about Puerto Ricans in a completely mishandled joke, that was an unforced error, calm down, relax, like just just relax, And your reaction to what we say about it is also outside, Like, hold on a second, we're two dummies talking about our reaction to it. Whether you think it's correct or not is fine. That's up to you. But this is how it's hitting us. It's a it's a it's a weird thing. It's just a it's not a hill I'm gonna die on, you know. I feel like we're just we're having trouble as a people with base running and what we need to do. His hit a grand slam, right, just make make it easier on everybody oing.
Speaker 4: Garbage I see floating down there as her supporters. Remember Hillary, she said deplorable and then she said irredeevable, right, but she said deplorable.
Speaker 2: That didn't work out.
Speaker 5: Garbage, I think is worse.
Speaker 1: Let me be clara.
Speaker 8: I strongly disagree with any criticism of people based on who they vote for.
Speaker 2: And that was Kamala Harris this morning Trump from last night.
Speaker 3: She's mad, she's got to clean this up because again she the person who made the comment is not the it's not the candidate, but they're the ones who have to do this now.
Speaker 2: Trump could care less. He doesn't.
Speaker 3: He said he didn't hear the joke, and he didn't. I mean, he wasn't going to apologize for something he never heard. And Kamala Harris is now kind of forced to do this. Uh we okay. In my philosophy, and I think that this is echoed by something I heard Nicki Haley say.
Speaker 2: I think the last night she was interviewed.
Speaker 3: You should not you should not turn off those voters who might still vote for you, the ones who let me play her comment because I think she puts it better than I do in terms of the groups of people that need to be approached by both candidates. Now, she's talking specifically about Trump, but you can hear her. If you are to replace it with the name Harris, it makes sense.
Speaker 8: To You've got Americans who are absolutely going to vote for Trump, You've got Americans who are absolutely not going to vote for Trump, and then you've got a percentage in the middle who like Trump policies but don't like his style. That is what they need to focus on. So when you look at these things, it has got to be a story of addition. This is not a time to have anyone criticize Puerto Rico or Latinos. This is not a time for them to get overly masculine with this romance thing that they've got going. Fifty three percent of the electorate are women.
Speaker 3: Now, if you change that and just said there are people who are definitely going to vote for Harris, and people who are not going to vote for Harris, or people who might vote for her because of what they don't like about Donald Trump, don't anger those people and call them garbage, just like you would say to Tony Hinchcliff or the Trump campaign, Hey, don't use a comedian who's going to offend those people who otherwise might still vote for you.
Speaker 1: I am just still so disheartened with the baseline we've gone to when it comes to the rhetoric and the lack of decorum. And now you've got old Joe Biden getting involved waiting into it. Who's and can we stop trotting out Joe Biden? Can we stop trotting him out? He's it's your own damn faults for trotting him out and riding this horse literally till it dies.
Speaker 3: He's got a couple months left, a couple a few months, and I mean in the presidency, not in his life, but he's got a few.
Speaker 2: Months left in the presidency.
Speaker 3: Regardless of what happens next Tuesday, he's out on January twentieth, and he can go spend the rest of his days at the Rehoboth.
Speaker 1: Beach or in Jacob's Elder Care Center.
Speaker 2: Jacob's new new elder care center.
Speaker 1: All right, coming up next?
Speaker 2: Oh, good news, good news coming on?
Speaker 1: Well, would you see the end of days as good news?
Speaker 3: Well kind of feels like it might have. It's getting a little rosier than we thought. It was definitely looking a little bit better.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: There's something funny about the macab isn't there?
Speaker 2: There's something it's uh. We we use her movie.
Speaker 3: We use humor, that is, to take the edges off of those things that hurt, yes, scare us. Perhaps all right. Campaign continues, of course. Both candidates today start their day in North Carolina, Vice President Harris campaigning and Raleigh before heading up to Pennsylvania and then to Wisconsin. Tonight, former President Trump holding the rally in Rocky Mountain, North Carolin before he goes to Green Bay, Wisconsin.
Speaker 1: We are going to address what happened in the stands at the at Yankee Stadium in the Bronx last night when that jackass fan two of them, yeah, but particularly the one who would not let go of Mookie's wrists.
Speaker 3: The New York Post says, both of those guys are being allowed better.
Speaker 2: That's my question.
Speaker 1: That's my question. I get that you're a season ticket holder, which they both are. You forfeit your first of all you forfeit any other games like forever in my opinion, but at least through the series. Second of all, who goes to two World Series games like that's as ton of money?
Speaker 3: Well, and that's the thing is, I don't know if they won the lottery for both.
Speaker 2: Possibly, I'm possibly.
Speaker 3: Two big endorsements came in today, know what he was asking for. Former Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has endorsed Kamala Harris and Buzz Aldrin from Apollo eleven has endorsed Donald Trump. He said that Trump prioritized space exploration while he was in office in the first ceremony.
Speaker 2: He wants him back.
Speaker 1: Then, did you get me some scary music?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yes, because I have a ghost story from Indonesia, the ghosts of the Binaro train Tragedy. The Binaro train tragedy happened in October nineteen eighty seven. Well known in Indonesia, it was a head on collision between two commuter trains in the southern area of Jakarta.
Speaker 2: One of the deadliest.
Speaker 1: Train accidents in history, the collision killed one hundred and thirty nine passengers, giving rise to many mystical stories about the railway. In the thirty seven years since the crash, many local residents and railway workers reported seeing apparitions of people dressed in old, blood stained clothing wandering near the tracks where the tragedy took place. As the local urban legend goes, these ghostly figures are believed to be the spirits of those who perished in the crash and remain unable to move on to the afterlife. Some people also say there was a figure wandering around looking for his own body parts.
Speaker 2: Ah, that's scary.
Speaker 1: It is scary if you saw an apparition and tattered, bloody clothes, missing, missing an arm looking around for it. Anybody see my arm? See an arm over there?
Speaker 2: I need my arm? Chills, chills. Were done with that, Yeah for now.
Speaker 3: So we have talked about bird flu, and we've talked about how avian flu has been infecting dairy cattle here in California. More than half of the cases I believe in the United States have been in dairy herd's here in the state of California.
Speaker 2: Not good.
Speaker 3: It's a potential impact on milk prices and dairy but not yet because it hasn't gotten as widespread as it could. But there is a problem now we're talking about a mutated form of bird flu that has infected a farm worker in Texas. The virus turned his eyes red and itchy, and they said that he got it either from a cow or a chicken in Texas.
Speaker 1: What was he doing with the cows and the chickens.
Speaker 2: Probably just being near them.
Speaker 1: Or drinking their unpasteurized milk.
Speaker 3: Government backed researchers took a sample of the virus, infected mice and ferrets with it and found that this version of avian flu had evolved to become far deadlier than the wild strain that is currently spreading on US farms. It also spreads between animals through the air. They said that that would allow it obviously to be more contagiou to humans.
Speaker 1: Thirty times thirty times dead times.
Speaker 3: You don't have to be kissing the chicken licking the cow. It can just you just be in the same area with them.
Speaker 1: I'm so tired of the back and forth between Democrats and Republicans that when I saw this story this morning, I had a little bit of glee connected to it. Oh cool, there's a bird flu story.
Speaker 2: Thirty times more dead.
Speaker 1: Oh awesome, Yeah, let's get it. Let's slide this in there.
Speaker 3: Now they're talking about minuscule percentages of people that would potentially die from this, but if it continues, if the mutations continue like this, there is a chance that it gets a little bit out of control. Right now, these tests that they did showed that some anti viral drugs do work against this strain of the virus. If this is the case, so experts are telling everybody keep a close eye in the movement of the virus in order to try to contain this outbreak before it can evolve any further and infect more humans. We obviously had all had sort of that crash course on virus mutations during COVID.
Speaker 2: And hopefully we don't have to go through that again.
Speaker 3: As of right now, they said thirty four humans in the United States have been infected with bird flu, thirty three of which have been linked to contact with infected cows or poultry, not known to be transmissible between humans. Still, one unidentified Missouri man Cotta disease, but was never in contact with an infected animal, so there is still a possibility, but they haven't narrowed down exactly where he got it from.
Speaker 1: Coming up next, where is the cheddar cheese? How do you hide twenty four tons of cheddar cheese? And do you even have the refrigeration?
Speaker 2: Shut it in my mouth.
Speaker 1: You could eat twenty four tons.
Speaker 2: I could make a dent. I could make a pretty d.
Speaker 1: I've seen you with a block of cheddar, and it is no skill I passed onto my son.
Speaker 2: I'm very proud of that too. So easy thing to sit down with one block of chain. Yeah, sharp cheddar, make it disappear.
Speaker 1: Little tillamook, sharp cheddar, black label.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 2: I might do that all all week.
Speaker 1: Do you know that you can go to the Tillomek factory and take tours in Oregon. I don't need a tour. I just need the block of cheese just to get me.
Speaker 3: To take me to the end where you need the gift shop.
Speaker 1: Oh and I also have a Japanese ghost story to tell you.
Speaker 2: Gary and Channon will continue.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 3: Some economic numbers that came out today, The economy post on another solid is slightly disappointing but solid period of growth.
Speaker 2: In the third quarter.
Speaker 3: Strong consumer spending has defied expectations. A gross domestic product to measure of all the goods and services produced during the three month period from July September went up at a rate of two point eight percent annualized, according to the Commerce Department.
Speaker 1: I wonder how much play this garbage line is going to get. White House trying to clear things up, Biden, if you missed it appeared to call Trump supporter's garbage, not appeared to he did you referred to that comedian's joke that called Puerto Rico a floating island of garbage and said the only garbage I see floating out there is his supporters. The White House said Biden's comment was referring to the hateful rhetoric at the Madison Square Garden rally as garbage. Interesting that they use the term hateful rhetoric when that's exactly what it is. If he in fact said exactly what he said, is that the supporters are garbage.
Speaker 3: No one corners the market on hateful rhetoric in this race. I mean they're both both sides are guilty of saying we need to unify and then laying out a string of very divisive things about the other side.
Speaker 1: Scientists are hopeful and new experimental brain zapping can help people overcome their addictions to drugs or alcohol. Doctors at West Virginia University's Rockefeller Neuroscience Institute of a special one million dollar helmet and goggles the people wear while being shown images of what they're struggling with. The helmet then pulses parts of the brain with ultrasound waves until the cravings are gone.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: So far are reported three quarters of the trial participants have remained substance free for months. It's also shown promise with treating symptoms of depression.
Speaker 2: That's incredible, isn't it. That's really cool.
Speaker 9: Good morning, Gary and Shannon. The hole in the nose on that woman is probably due to I think at syphilis. They used to call them the nose nose people because the syphilists would eat in your brain and it would actually like eat out your naval cavity and you'd have no nose. So there's your little three lessons through the day. Don't get sipless and if you do treat it or else you end up with no nos Okay, h Happy Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Thank you, lay Wow, that was one of your creepy good morning all.
Speaker 5: Hey Shannon, great to see you in Denver.
Speaker 4: New York fans for why we have an electoral college.
Speaker 1: That's funny.
Speaker 2: It's a good stretch. And I like the combination of the two stories.
Speaker 9: That's hey, Gary and Channon.
Speaker 7: This bird flu story has really bummed me out today because after your crow story, I went home yesterday and I started talking to my twelve year old son about how we can train the crows.
Speaker 1: And I already named my crow. It's gonna he's gonna be Lars.
Speaker 9: And if I get a second crow, he's gonna be Bruce.
Speaker 1: And I already have a plan.
Speaker 9: And now I'm like thinking twice about it.
Speaker 1: So can I still train the crows?
Speaker 4: Is it safe?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Just for the sake of the names Lars and Bruce.
Speaker 3: Take that excellent Take the chance. Do you have another story?
Speaker 1: I do?
Speaker 2: Uh creepy music on three two one.
Speaker 1: One of Japan's most famous kaidan or ghost stories, is named after the area in Tokyo where the tragic story takes place, called Yotsuya Kaidan. It's an unforgettable tale of a powerless woman whose only recourse for revenge against the man who betrays her love is to become a ghost. Oiwa was a beautiful woman and the wife of the handsome but heartless samurai aman. She's weak after giving birth to their baby, her husband's having an affair, and the other woman, seeking to make sure he dumps his wife, tricks the wife into taking poison, thinking it's medicine, so her face becomes disfigured. It's been staged as various adult theater kombuki plays, and a particular scary scene is the moment when the wife discovers her horrible transformation at telling moment that speaks volumes about human vanity and frailty. When she combs her hair before a mirror, it falls out in clumps. She sees her twisted, discolored face and cries out, is this my face?
Speaker 2: Is this my face?
Speaker 1: After she dies, she haunts the husband, appearing everywhere, perhaps merely his delusion, but he's eventually driven to madness and throws himself off a cliff.
Speaker 2: What that's a creepy story, I know. Think every time you say a creepy story, I should.
Speaker 1: Wait till you hear what goes on in Kenya? No coming up in the next hour.
Speaker 2: Hey, elmer, give me this computer over here. I have funny drum music playing that's not it.
Speaker 3: There it is on Friday, November eight.
Speaker 2: Whoa, that's und the corner. Well, that's a couple of things I have to tell you about.
Speaker 3: First of all, we are going to be live at Luchador Brewing in Chino Hills to help pregame for their Hops in the Hills event, which comes up on Saturday of the ninth.
Speaker 2: Will actually be giving away tickets to Hops in the Hills.
Speaker 3: So this is a week from Friday, a week from Friday, and portions of the proceeds of the ticket sales for Hops in the Hills are going to be donated to the Chino Valley Fire Foundation, which does a lot of good work. So we'll be excited to see everybody out there again next Friday, November eight, from nine to one.
Speaker 2: It's also opening night for adult theater.
Speaker 1: Oh so that's a long drive. Yes, Is it going to be crunch time? What time do you have to get to the theater?
Speaker 2: I'll probably go right there. Wow, from the thing.
Speaker 1: And that's opening night. Yeah, I'm a little nervous. It's okay, feeling the nerves, feeling the blood pumping, a little bit nervous, I am.
Speaker 2: This is a big role for us.
Speaker 3: I will I will post more information about that next week so that people if they're interested.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to make that drive for opening nights.
Speaker 2: I didn't. I would not expect that.
Speaker 1: You haven't even invited me. You kept me in the dark about the adults poster.
Speaker 3: Up in the office today and you didn't even notice it, so you know what, Yeah, but you've.
Speaker 1: Been rehearsing for months.
Speaker 3: Day, but tell us to show you a half completed work of art.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 1: I just thought that we kept up with each other's lives on this show, and that's a major development in your life that you kept secret.
Speaker 2: Don't feel like it is.
Speaker 3: But because I haven't done the show yet. If I said to you on a Monday morning, poof this was a long weekend, and you say why Gary, as you say it my name like that, and I said, well, because I finished my two week run of adult theater and you said you, well, I.
Speaker 1: Feel like Mookie Betts has in his glove the baseball of our friendship, and you are the Yankees fan trying to wrestle the friendship from the glove.
Speaker 2: It's a stretch, but I'll go with it.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about what happened in the Bronx. Coming up next on Gary and Shannon.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 3: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio ap