Speaker 1: You're listening to KPI AM six forty the Bill Handles show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Neil, I wish I had come up with this.
Speaker 1: Trump has ordered the National Earthquake Centers to now when reporting how severe an earthquake is, we'll be using the word magnitude.
Speaker 3: The greatest storyquake of all time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this earthquakes like that, it did big le damage. And now handle on the news, ladies and gentlemen. Here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 2: Warning everybody.
Speaker 3: Good morning.
Speaker 2: Hmm okay, it's early warning.
Speaker 1: Everybody handle here on a What day is It's a Monday, That's what it is, Monday, May fifth.
Speaker 2: Sinko, Yeah, sinko de mayo.
Speaker 1: I just remember that we have have we been making a deal about that. Heather, Heather Brooker is with us this entire week. Hello, Heather, it's this week and part of next week.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's correct.
Speaker 2: Okay, what how many days next week?
Speaker 3: I think just one? Just one. Amy'll be back on Tuesday week from tomorrow.
Speaker 2: All right, so we have you for the whole week. Oh okay.
Speaker 1: I was listening to part of what you were doing sort of in between prepping for this show, and I didn't anybody.
Speaker 2: I didn't hear anybody go Sinco de Mayo. I did, Oh you did, I didn't.
Speaker 4: He asked everybody what they were going to be doing. Good? Good, good.
Speaker 2: She asked everybody what they would be drinking? Is what she actually asked.
Speaker 4: If they're going to be up late.
Speaker 5: And Will says he stays up till about five minutes before he goes on the air. Yeah, well, let party in.
Speaker 2: I know and actually did that. She was last night. She was at STA not stable. She was at so Fi again to what I am hanging out?
Speaker 1: They say, yeah, she works there, because we hear it. I heart sort of have to have second jobs. Yeah, yeah, what Starbucks do you work.
Speaker 2: For on weekend? What Starbucks do for Starbucks?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh the one on the Glendale No.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, well anyway, good morning and good morning, and will to Bill handled Yeah right, Will, good morning, Good.
Speaker 2: Morning, sir.
Speaker 1: And let me see who else is left h certainly knos left morning and Neil. Neil is helping me. I got this new Green Egg sort of smoker barbecue thing. It's it's incredible and I've been very excited about it. And so Neil is helping me cook my way through it, and my first project was a brisket, which if you smoke for as many hours as you are supposed to, which I did, it's supposed to come out so tender and wonderful. I called Neil up and I said, Neil, would you like to play hockey?
Speaker 2: I just finished my brisket and it.
Speaker 5: Was decided to cook them the most difficult contest competition level meat as his first, not starting with a pulled pork or a whole chicken or something, and he smoked it longer than the bodies on the side of the Ganges.
Speaker 2: Yes, anyway, it was just not good. It was not good. So I think I'm gonna love it. You're excited and I'm excited.
Speaker 4: It's going to be a hard towards it.
Speaker 2: It's going to be it, yeah, because.
Speaker 4: A learning curd where you want to do it right. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to fill up my days now because you know, a couple of businesses that I was involved in very heavily or no longer. Another business I'm involved with will probably be no longer.
Speaker 2: Based on these terraffs. So I gotta fill I got to figure out what I'm going to do. And one of them is what I told you.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm looking into getting a master's degree in in history, don't know. I'm checking out a couple of schools, and the hobby is going to be cooking with the green egg and smoking. I'm very excited about this stuff.
Speaker 6: I love history. That's one of my side passions. I love to read, like nonfiction history books and things like that.
Speaker 2: That's yeah, well, then we're on the same page for sure. How many kids did Joseph Goebels have?
Speaker 3: Twenty?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: Well, said sick.
Speaker 4: Two of them were his own, six or seven? Yeah.
Speaker 2: What was his wife's name?
Speaker 3: Marge? Close?
Speaker 4: Magda?
Speaker 2: Not bad?
Speaker 4: Not bad? Okay, she did the Anglican pronunciation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Hitler's dog's name Bob, Bob is close. It was Blondie, Okay.
Speaker 5: Of course it was Blondie. A real name is Blondie, blue eyed, superior race.
Speaker 2: But that's correct. And what kind of dog was it?
Speaker 4: This is?
Speaker 2: That's an easy one.
Speaker 1: Rottweiler German shepherds sense Yeah it does.
Speaker 2: Okay. We got a lot to talk about today. How is the Beyonce show?
Speaker 3: That was good?
Speaker 1: She's yeah, yeah, Cowboy Carter thing is you know doing very well.
Speaker 2: Also Cowboy Carter there you go, and I kind of liked the song too.
Speaker 1: And then Lady Gaga in Rio, Uh, two million people show up.
Speaker 2: To her concert.
Speaker 1: How do you get two million people at a concert? You do it along the entire Copa Cabana beach.
Speaker 4: Oh is that where it was? Yeah? We stayed right across from that, you remember, Yeah, I do.
Speaker 1: And uh, what's the beach next to Copa Cabana actually the one that's even more upsdale? Uh huh LeBlanc that's right, Okay, what I mean?
Speaker 4: Two million?
Speaker 1: It was a free concert for starters, so you don't usually get in for free concerts. But man, you know, what do you do when you're at the back of that group of pep people, when you're two million fans down the road?
Speaker 3: You just have a drink and then go home?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess, yeah, it's all aren't you just better off just listening either on Spotify or you know, on your shuffle program or whatever.
Speaker 6: I can't even wrap my head around two million people being on a beach at once and like anybody hearing anything or having a good time, Like that's just insane.
Speaker 2: What do you do?
Speaker 1: What do you do?
Speaker 2: When you have to go. I mean you pee on people?
Speaker 4: What, yeah, Sante Monica on Memorial Day, you'll see it.
Speaker 3: Two million people though, just.
Speaker 4: Go out there, you'll see it.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, guys, all right, let's start.
Speaker 1: Sinko Tobayo with the crowd. Heather and Neil and me and lead story.
Speaker 2: You know's just talking to Anne.
Speaker 1: As much as we want to stay away from Trump News because we do it every single day, guess what we have to do Trump news again. And he did an interview and we'll talk more about that coming up at seven o'clock. He did an interview on what is it to press the meat? If I'm correct? Thank you for a laughing.
Speaker 4: That's funny.
Speaker 5: You should go home because you're not going to be funnier than that. The rest of the week nailed it right off the top.
Speaker 1: In any case, he said he didn't know if he needs to uphold the constitutional due process claus So, I mean, you know, everybody's oh my god, oh my god, it's really no big deal. Donald Trump doesn't even know what due process is and says things just so outrageous that and people take this seriously. Problem is, you don't know where the line is that's the issue. But no, no, I don't. I don't know if I'm going to give due process to the illegal the illegal aliens that are here. No, I don't know.
Speaker 2: You know what goes.
Speaker 1: But I'll listen to my lawyers because they're very smart people. And what are the lawyers going to say? Ignore due process? Don't worry about it, mister president.
Speaker 4: But the headline was so great.
Speaker 5: I was about not knowing if he has to adhere to the Constitution.
Speaker 7: It's like, I know, just was not one that you would see with no. You see, but you see crazy ass stuff. You know, are you going to invade Greenland? I'm not going to say no.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine the United States military invading Greenland?
Speaker 2: Or we want.
Speaker 1: Canada to be our fifty first date? Well what if they say no? Now what do we do? Do we now invade Canada and force them to be our fifty first date? I mean, see, this stuff is just crazy making. So you know, you can't pay attention to the promise. It's the president and so you sort of have to. But I don't take this stuff seriously.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 2: But we'll talk more about that.
Speaker 4: O'clock.
Speaker 2: Let's do one more for taking a break, Heather.
Speaker 6: Okay, we briefly talked about this just a few minutes ago. But Brazilian police they've arrested two people over an alleged plot targeting Lady Gaga. That concert in Brazil, two million people were there, and apparently they went ahead with the event even after they got they found out about the plot to detonate explosives there during the concert, they went ahead and had the concert.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they took care of the Brazilian police took care of it.
Speaker 2: And did a pretty good job. Yeah, it was sixty five hundred security. I mean just crazy.
Speaker 1: How much security did Beyonce get in? You know, what do they do about security at nowadays with major acts like Beyonce?
Speaker 3: At so far we have we have security everywhere.
Speaker 1: No, I understand, but how crazy is it when you look at it.
Speaker 3: There's a lot going on and the lot of scenes. Yeah, every inch of that place is on the lady. Yeah, all right.
Speaker 6: Mayor Karen Basque, she says she he's going to take a pay cut amid the city's a massive budget crisis.
Speaker 3: And I would say it's a crisis, a pretty big deal.
Speaker 6: She said on Friday that she's going to take a pay cut and hold off on scheduled raises for her staff, including their cost of living adjustment. Of course, the city faces a one billion dollar shortfall, and Bass's annual salary right now is about three hundred and one thousand dollars a Year's.
Speaker 5: That gonna help, not one thousand dollars cut, that's right, So we'll see what the cut is.
Speaker 1: Actually the fact that she's not getting a cost of living increase is quote a pay cut, and that is in quotes. When's the last time we got a cost of living increase?
Speaker 2: Here?
Speaker 1: At iHeart let me seek No, no, no, Neil no, we'll know, Heather, no.
Speaker 2: And oh and and no. Well there you go.
Speaker 4: The your your paycheck is your raise kind of.
Speaker 1: You know today today, staying employed is your raise?
Speaker 6: Do cost of living? I mean, do these raiss even exist? I can't even remember the last time my husband had one at his job.
Speaker 4: Either.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's if that's policy, which that can change instantly. And then you have when you have city policy, when you have contracts with unions, that sort of thing, usually that'll happen. But you just don't do that with private enterprise.
Speaker 2: They just don't do that.
Speaker 1: Anymore because there's no money. I mean, well, no corporation is making plenty of money. But it's it's a different world now, it's totally a different world.
Speaker 5: I love how the one guy that none of this matters to is the one that gripes about it. Look at everyone else who it actually affects.
Speaker 2: Oh, oh, okay, are you talking about me?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I'm talking about Okay.
Speaker 2: Let's move on. Let's move on.
Speaker 4: I don't know how that happened.
Speaker 5: Yeah, cleaners, cooks, doctors, nurses, even drivers, and the elevator operas there at operators at the Vatican City.
Speaker 4: Should see Leiden Sieu, see Laden Sioul.
Speaker 5: All the support staff there for the cardinals that are going to elect the successor to Pope Francis, they're all taking an oath of secrecy. So ahead of the conclave that's starting on Wednesday, and the punishment for this bill already has automatic excommunication.
Speaker 1: There's an end around here. Get a job if you're a Mormon or a Jew, and there's no downside. I don't care if I'm excommunicated.
Speaker 5: Hold on one moment, if you'd bring in Moisha Mousa, our driver, Moisha you will be kicked out of the Catholic Church if you say anything.
Speaker 4: Oh good, he's fine, he says, no problem.
Speaker 2: So conclave is to you. It's going to be a lot of fun. Think that the cardinals are all in this room.
Speaker 1: Which they are, and they're all in secrecy hanging out together, which they do, but they also have to sleep.
Speaker 2: They go and eat in cafeteria.
Speaker 1: They they just can't talk to the outside world, nor can the people who are the service people there.
Speaker 6: Do you think they're watching the movie Conlave, Yeah, probably, I don't think they They.
Speaker 2: Have to take news.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're like, this is how it's done.
Speaker 6: I felt that way though about like some movies for broadcast news. But anyway, I digress. Chinese leader Xi Jingping God, I hope I'm saying that right will pay an official visit to Russia. Apparently President Putin has invited him to take part in Victory Day celebrations to quote further discuss development of relations between the two countries and partnership and strategic interaction. Putin and Ji will sign a number of bilateral documents.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're getting close.
Speaker 3: It is concerning close.
Speaker 2: Would you.
Speaker 1: It's kind of interesting because Trump wants to count out of Putin. And at the same time, Gee and Putin are getting very close, and you have Trump and g that are now moving further apart. It's all the geopolitics of this is really really strange.
Speaker 5: And Trump's like, what can I do to get his attention? Hey, hey, post that picture of me as a pope?
Speaker 2: Pope right, oh man, he's gonna love that.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 5: So you've got the White House backtracking on renaming Veterans Day.
Speaker 4: They got to have some sort of filter in that place.
Speaker 2: There is a filter there. Who's going to filter Donald Trump?
Speaker 4: Working for Donald Trump.
Speaker 5: So a day after President Donald Trump announced he was renaming November eleventh, the date that Veterans Day is observed as Victory Day for World War One, which just rolls off the tongue, White House is now saying that it'll be an additional proclamation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not going to be even though he had said it's replacement. That's it's not going to be that. Do you notice in the White House he always has that map on an easel that says Gulf of America.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, it's.
Speaker 1: Right next to him. You wait, today, you're going to see Mark my words. Okay, I'm going to stand by this. You will see a map of the United States that says Trump Land.
Speaker 2: No, yes, I saw this.
Speaker 1: The words united States will be uh will be removed.
Speaker 2: And I'm making that up.
Speaker 1: But I'm just like, yeah, but you know what the point is, why not do you not see that happening?
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 5: I would not be surprised to dream about Trump the amountain.
Speaker 2: I think it is hilarious.
Speaker 1: I find while on one hand, I'm really concerned, on the other hand, this is entertainment value on a level that I have not seen since we reported on a couple of mass murders.
Speaker 2: This is really great stuff.
Speaker 6: The National Endowment for the Arts looks like they withdrew and canceled grant offers to numerous arts organizations around the country. This happened on Friday night. They sent out a bunch of email notifications, just a few hours after President Trump proposed eliminating the agency in his next budgets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, you're going to see cuts like crazy. What you're going to see increase is defense big time. You're going to see certainly border control big time. And the humanities are gone, Educational programs are gone, scientific programs and the agencies are being gutted.
Speaker 2: It's just the way it goes. And I love the way they write.
Speaker 1: For example, the email it went down to this particular organization, this play.
Speaker 3: What is it to say, the Portland Playhouse?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Portland Playhouse, Thank you for that.
Speaker 1: The administration is now going to prioritize projects that elevate historically black colleges and universities. But wait a second, isn't it historically back black college? DEI by definition?
Speaker 3: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: Huh so how does that work? Do you elevate by removing?
Speaker 1: I guess see a lot of this doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but you know it'll pan out at some point.
Speaker 2: Oh popemobile news.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, so that popemobile.
Speaker 5: If you're worried about that it's going to go away or not be used properly, Well, no, they got to use one of Pope for instances. The popemobiles is being transformed into a mobile healthcare unit and this is for children. It's going to be sent to the Goza Strip. And this is one of his final wishes before passing. He entrusted the popemobile.
Speaker 2: Uh as terrific as this is. I have a question Neil.
Speaker 1: They're going to retrofit it with medical equipment for diagnosis, examination, treatment of children, life saving supplies, and I'm assuming there'll be a waiting room uh in there too for because it's sort of an emergency thing. Where do you put all of that stuff in a potmobile. It's the size of a mini van.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's not huge, but.
Speaker 5: Uh, you know, retrofitted that, I'm sure they can disseminate u you know, medicine and things like that, popesicles. They're gonna have to get rid of the music on top of.
Speaker 1: True new new clinic on wheels, staff with doctors. It's gonna be like a clown car. How many doctors can you put in there? By the way I think this is you know, it's a very good idea, and then there's a lot of humanity to this idea.
Speaker 4: I think it.
Speaker 1: Of course Israel will Israel will blow it to pieces as soon as it goes into Gaza, and you'll see pieces and volunteers all over the place.
Speaker 5: What interestingly enough, it it is lexand.
Speaker 4: It is made it like it's bulletproof glass. So maybe that might help a little.
Speaker 1: Bit, a little bit against a missile coming in off and F sixteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would work.
Speaker 4: I said a little. Oh all right.
Speaker 2: Another one.
Speaker 6: This one is really fascinating to me because I was just here a few weeks ago visiting in San Francisco. President Trump says he is directing the government to expand and reopen Alcatraz in the San Francisco Bay. That's the notorious former prison on that little, tiny, hard to reach island there in the San Francisco Bay. It's been closed for more than sixty years and makes about sixty million dollars in revenue tourism revenue for the city of San Francisco. But he says he wants to house the most dangerous criminals there.
Speaker 1: They closed it down in the sixties because it was too expensive to run in the sixties, and since then the infrastructure has fallen even more apart. So I'm assuming the maintenance isn't wonderful on that thing. Although you saw al Capone cell which if you did, you take the tour I did.
Speaker 3: We did that. We walked my family and I walked the whole island.
Speaker 2: It's great fun.
Speaker 1: And you see the Birdman of Alcatraz, Alcatraz, what was his name, by the way, Birdman of Alcatraz one two, three four Robert Stroud and excuse me a little froggy this morning. And it's gonna cost a fortune. It's gonna cast as.
Speaker 4: If there is no other place to put an actual prison.
Speaker 3: I mean, you'd have to demolish the whole island. It was. It's completely in disrepair.
Speaker 6: There's half of the places you can't even go into because you can't. No, it's not safe for anybody to walk on it. And they have they have construction happening there right now, so we had to kind of walk in certain areas.
Speaker 4: It's crazy.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's crazy.
Speaker 4: Again.
Speaker 1: What it is is a statement. Naturally is it going to happen?
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: I cannot see him spending or the administration building on Alcatraz as.
Speaker 2: It's just, you know, it's another one of those things.
Speaker 1: It's it makes a statement. It gets into the news. We're saying it.
Speaker 5: Both knock it down, rebuild it, make it a prison, and still be a tourist attraction.
Speaker 3: Like assume that's the people go by and look at the active prisoners that are in there.
Speaker 1: Two guys are two guys are said to have escaped in all the years of Alcatraz, all right, I think we have Let's do one more and then we're done.
Speaker 4: All right, Grand Theft Auto number seven? Is that what it is? No? Six? Is it at six? Yeah?
Speaker 5: So it's at six. Uh, they're waiting for six and they've been waiting for six. And there's a big thing on line, all these memes that said, you know, I can't believe Trump became president again and we still don't have Grand Theft Auto six or whatever it is. But fans, very huge rabbit fans of Grand Theft Auto the video game. It's been delayed yeah yeah years now yeah, oh yeahs and years and now they're saying in about a year and change is when they're going to launch it.
Speaker 4: But they've done that before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is it's one of the great great successes of video games early on. Remember I always say, I've always enjoyed this the first Grand Theft Auto. Will you play a character that you go and have sex with a hooker you're not happy with what her sexual proclivities were, and you beat her up. You beat up a hooker who has not put out the way you wanted to put out. That's Grand Theft Auto. Well, I think that that's true. Cono you know this is that true?
Speaker 4: You know about beating hookers? Cono, you're from the Ie.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're done, guys. KFI am sixty you've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 1: Catch my show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app