Speaker 1: Welcome to teen Girl Talks.
Speaker 2: Teen Girl Talks.
Speaker 1: I'm ce Zykota. I'm from Lakota, and this week we are talking about Pretty Lethal, a.
Speaker 2: Movie where somebody who's like saw the John Wick spin off Ballerina is like, why did she stop doing ballet? Why couldn't you just keep doing ballet while killing people?
Speaker 1: I mean she kind of does ballet in that movie, yeah, like the first like twenty minutes.
Speaker 2: Then it's just like her just running around grenading people.
Speaker 1: I feel like so much of these movies about the like deathly ballerinas is. Isn't it anachronistic that they're filthy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a lot of that.
Speaker 1: Oh no, their bloody, Like, don't watched it with me? And at the end he was like, why wouldn't any adults stop these kids from performing?
Speaker 2: All bloody? Okay, So these five ballerinas showed up to the performance, their coach is nowhere.
Speaker 1: To be seen, they're coated in blood.
Speaker 2: They rode in on motorcycles. Wouldn't you just assume a yellow jacket situation? That or possibly they murdered their coach a yellowjacket situation. Okay, So I I don't want to blame the victims. But I was thinking about this this wow in that Brian from Hatchet was by himself with only a hatchet and he managed to feed himself. It was just like, there's so many girls in yellow jackets? What was going on with them? Brian from Hatchet go down in Canada?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, everyone just take this as a moment that Frank's saying one man is better than a dozen women.
Speaker 2: That's not what I'm saying. I'm just saying, like it, what are.
Speaker 1: You saying, Frank? If you're not saying that.
Speaker 2: I think the writers of Yellowjacks were a lot meaner than they need to be.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, think about imagine a movie Hatchet.
Speaker 2: Does that exist? I don't know, Yeah it does, and it's not very good.
Speaker 1: Oh that's sad.
Speaker 2: I mean it's fine. Is it?
Speaker 1: This one of those things where if you became a wealthy crackpot, you would remake the movie Hatchet?
Speaker 2: Would that make me a crackpot? Just being like, I mean, there's a lot of worse things I could do with a crack ton of money than just remake hatch It? Who he's asking you to remake hatch It? I mean, nobody hasks to make a lot of a twenty four films, but they still get made.
Speaker 1: It's different, though, you would have to go out and license the movie or the book hatch it.
Speaker 2: I don't think. I don't think it's the estand of Garry Pauls I would really mind about was like, hey, do you guys mind if I make a like faithful recreation of Hatchet where he just mostly just fucks around on a lake for an hour and a half. Okay, So is that why the movie Hatchet is bad?
Speaker 1: Because there's not, as you put it, fucking around on the lake.
Speaker 2: No, it's just very eight like I think it was mad in the late eighties. It just feels very eighties early nineties.
Speaker 1: Does he use slurs in it?
Speaker 2: No, he's mostly by himself, But like, is that the point? It's been a while since I've watched it, Frank, people could use slurs when they're by themselves. Well, it's mostly just be weird if you just start calling like birds slurs a psychonic brand?
Speaker 1: Was they just like calling birds things.
Speaker 2: You can't say on TV?
Speaker 1: Well that just reminded me, tangentle note, I think it is so funny when someone says to someone else you're acting.
Speaker 2: Like a bird, like it's always sunny when they're calling dea giant bird. Yeah. Well, I was also just thinking, like I didn't understand for some reason, I didn't understand this when I was younger. I think real world New Orleans came out and like, oh, real world cole and New Orleans. Yeah, And apparently at a certain.
Speaker 1: Point I thought you meant you became cognizant of the fact that the city of New Orleans existed.
Speaker 2: No, I've already admitted on this podcast. I didn't realize what NOLA stood for, you know. Oh yeah, I forgot. That was really funny, like just this giant a hole where logic should be. I was like, right, New Orleans, uh, Los Angeles, New Orleans, Louisiana. Duh. But you my.
Speaker 1: Cats are like running in and out of the room. It's incredibly distracted, like they've seen something out of frame, and I'm like, what's going on over there?
Speaker 2: I haven't encountered that with my cats yet, where they're just looking past me at something like some kind of ghost that just happens to be over my shoulder.
Speaker 1: But anyway, my cats, it's more of like an interp personal dynamic, and I'm like keeping an ear out for when the hissing starts.
Speaker 2: That's understandable. They went on like an airboat trip at one point in the real world New Orleans and the fan boat yeah okay, and the guide pointed at some birds and called them like their name was a slur and then birds and like the white woman in the cast could not understand why the black woman was so set by that. Oh God, who hired this.
Speaker 1: Tour guide I mean producers obviously.
Speaker 2: But yeah, and the real world is still confounded me when they're like, this is the real world, like they don't have to worry about rents, not the real world.
Speaker 1: And also well, I mean they had to have jobs in the real world, which is funny because in Jersey Shore they had jobs, but as the seasons went on, the jobs became less and less of a thing because it was like, are you really going to make me go to work right now? My job is partying.
Speaker 2: Wasn't like was that other Laguna Beach where they's just like we clearly weren't working.
Speaker 1: Also, is Lagunavi is really a reality show? It's like lightly scripted reality.
Speaker 2: But anyway, I don't remember how we got on this tangent oh yeah, no, the the point A is completely forgotten here over at point E or a point F wherever we are, you're talking about Hatchet, Oh, hatchet.
Speaker 1: And your crackpot rich person scheme.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just like maybe I should rewatch it just by myself.
Speaker 1: Like, oh my god, like Brian from a hatchet. Yeah, I just surviving in your living room.
Speaker 2: I do own a hatchet. Weird flex but okay, well I bought it because like, just in case I go on a Sessana, what little airplane I'll have it with me.
Speaker 1: What airplane is going to let you a six foot man bring a hatchet on?
Speaker 2: You're like, just in case I need it? Like none one.
Speaker 1: I'd be like, I'm so sorry, sir, the plane has been decommissioned.
Speaker 2: Are you trying to bring it on a plane? Deill?
Speaker 1: Just in case you need it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the point I started saying that said this, I'm tackled by like eight different like air COFs or whatever. I can't want to get my own body camping. It's like he wasn't even drunk. He's just an idiot. Why do you think.
Speaker 1: This grossman has kind of an unhealthy obsession with the book Hatchet and strong feelings about the eighties movie adaptation that he partially.
Speaker 2: Remembers would be different than any other YouTuber. I had this.
Speaker 1: Vague memory about a thing that may or may not exist. Let me talk about it for thirty minutes to.
Speaker 2: An old person. It's just like, instead of like books about big ships, I'm like obsessed about Hatchet.
Speaker 1: Which I have to remind myself consistently is not my side of the mountain. I've never read Hatchet. I've only read my side of the Mountain.
Speaker 2: I thought we had read it for one summer, or maybe I just re read it and I read Hatchet.
Speaker 1: Frank, we've been doing this podcast so long, like so long.
Speaker 2: Anyway, this is my own Hatchet. Yeah, anyway, So this movie.
Speaker 1: We're talking about today has nothing to do with Hatchet. Frank's glasses are lopsided. It's very distracting.
Speaker 2: So we start in a we started a ballet school, and oh, we should throw some trigger warnings out there. We're gonna be talking a lot about violence, body horror, body horror, uh, torture, torture, being drugged, and attempted assault. Yes, so I.
Speaker 1: Feel like the guys never really get that far. Yeah, I mean they seem to get murdered, thank goodness before they get there. But it's like, I guess you could say they maybe thought about it pre being murdered.
Speaker 2: I mean that's you know, the intent was there and they got what they deserved. Anyway, So well we are where we have five ballerinas, which whose names I should have looked up before I started talking about this.
Speaker 1: Bones, Zoe, let me do it, Let me do it. Princess, you're doing pretty well. Actually, Meekins, Guardania.
Speaker 2: That last one was closed. Shut up, Grace, that was not close. Yeah, so we got Zoe Prince, we got Iris Appatoo as Zoe, Lana Condor as Princess, Melicine Simon's as Chloe Avantika as Grace, and Mattie Ziggiler as Bones.
Speaker 1: So apparently Maddie Ziggler is from dance Mom's fame.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Is she related anyway to Rachel Ziegler. I think I just I think I'm just getting their knees. I think Rachel Zigler spills her knit yet completely differently, Well, there's it's not an eye. So we start getting our Milson Simons. You might remember from a Quiet Place parts one and two. And Hereditary mona Condor obviously from all the boys I loved before, and Avantika is from Uan.
Speaker 1: Girls in Taro. Yeah, she was the first one I recognized.
Speaker 2: I haven't really seen anything I was. Apatow has been in. She was in The Bubble, which I've heard reviewed on the Flop House.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was also in This Is forty, but she must have been a child, Yeah, because her mom was in that movie and Paul Red was in that movie.
Speaker 2: I wonder if she I wonder if she edited her own Wikipedia, because, like below, a lot of her things has that she her personally. She's a celebrities. I've received much media attention, particularly with singer Celebrit Liver Where we Go, as well as singer celewriter Billie Eilish. I would also want my Wikipedia page and be like, yeah, he's friends with Billie Eilish. Yeah, so so we immediately start getting.
Speaker 1: Like I would edit my Wikipedia page to have slanderous lies on it, and then I'd get exposed to be the one who wrote the slanderous lies. And then I would say that is a slanderous lie, and then under the controversy, it would read like a riddle. It would say she wrote a series of slanderous lies and was called out.
Speaker 2: She then, uh.
Speaker 1: I want to say cues, proclaimed that these accusations were slanderous lies, which was not true. She was actually guilty of slanderer's lies.
Speaker 2: The person who accused her of Slender's lie was just herself in a mustache. Oh my god, that'd be even better.
Speaker 1: Can you get your Wikipedia page banned.
Speaker 2: Because you just trying to edit it too much?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Because due to being such an enigma, I feel like this is a safe thought experiment, because I will never have.
Speaker 2: A Wikipedia page.
Speaker 1: Just there has to be some sort of performance artist who has a Wikipedia page and sort of fused around with it so much they got banned.
Speaker 2: They looks like this mostly restrict the editing on it. Okay. Yeah. So they're in LA and we have our main Our main character is Bones. Bones is there on a scholarship. She's like mostly princess, just throwing class trash around on her.
Speaker 1: Did you catch that aside where the teacher was like, well, isn't it nice that Princess's mom is paying for you to be here? There's like no follow up on that. It's Princess's mom paying for everybody to be there.
Speaker 2: I mean, maybe that makes sense, Like maybe it's just like the mom and just gives so much money to the school that it's just like it's kind of like her own it's her own personal remake of the movie Hatchet. Okay, that makes perfect sense to me, yes, so, But what's confusing is that like normally in one of these movies they would have like the parent would be like, well, put my kid in as the main ballerina, not bones like her.
Speaker 1: Mom could believe in only merit East appointments.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, her dad is like money, money, money, just taking leave me alone.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So then we got Chloe and Zoe who are sisters, and we have Grace who is like very Christian, and this is this is already kind of my main like my one of my main complaints of this movie is it's it's less than ninety minutes long. It could have given like fifteen more minutes to characterize these girls a little bit more.
Speaker 1: Nope, I saw that ninety It was I had to be at work late. I saw that ninety minute mark, and I was like, chef's kiss, this is all I need. I had to hide my eyes for half of it because it was so violent. I didn't need fifteen more minutes of anything. I was like, I love it.
Speaker 2: This movie is in and out.
Speaker 1: They were like, you can't wach stereotype of like we got the jock, we got the Christian question marks.
Speaker 2: About Christian, we have the spoiled rich girl.
Speaker 1: If I'm applying breakfast club scenarios, who would the weirdo be bones? I guess right, would be the Ali sheety, Yes, Then who's the jock?
Speaker 2: Chloe and Zoe the jack together, I.
Speaker 1: Guess, so they're not really giving a ton to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Chloe is just like I'm gonna make out with the boy. Yeah, I'm gonna make out with this, like she would be Molly ring No, because I guess Princess would be Molly Ringwald.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this also doesn't. I guess if we do like gender swap, it works. So then who.
Speaker 2: There's the brain, the weirdo, the jock, and the burnout the burnout.
Speaker 1: So who's the burnout? I guess Chloe would kind of be the burnout because she sneaks out, or Grace because she gets high.
Speaker 2: I mean, see I feel bad saying it grazes the burnout. She got high against her will. Yes, so I think Chloe, because Chloe's just like off doing her own thing g.
Speaker 1: C popcorn while everyone else is being attempted murdered.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then then we have Devora.
Speaker 1: Where is Theora Thurman?
Speaker 2: We have Torna Thorna is their coach.
Speaker 1: Coach get attached, so we like Frank I got attached.
Speaker 2: The one rule at the Jersey Shore is you.
Speaker 1: Don't fall in love.
Speaker 2: Wait do they say that?
Speaker 1: Ronnie says that Ronnie is the worst, and then he fell in love. And then it became a season arc for like four seasons.
Speaker 2: Because he has so this lullabie himself explain and the Sarah Desson book This Lullaby. She's just like the main character is like I have these rules.
Speaker 3: Like like any movie where a character start movie, book, whatever media you want to say, where the character starts at.
Speaker 1: It was like I have rules. Immediately You're like, those rules aren't ship. You're gonna break them by the end. Yeah, except in Pilion in what pileon?
Speaker 2: What's Pillon? Uh?
Speaker 1: That Alexander Scars scarred movie about subdomb relationships.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, but yeah, she's always just like I like date this boy for a while, then I like weeked like five or so, like cool, I'm on the whole relationship. Usually we like, you know, like make out at that point where like get down and then I break up with them. Ye.
Speaker 1: And then she explain why her attachment is so you read this book, I don't remember. It's because her dad sucks, right, Yeah, she.
Speaker 2: Doesn't believe in love. Yeah. And then she meets she meets Dexter and what.
Speaker 1: He sweeps her off her feet. He sweeps her off his feet.
Speaker 2: They just end up in a continuous loop spinning. She sar is coming up a new book, and like a lot of her books are mostly the same thing. Oh summer romance, blah blah blah that I don't care. I won't read every Saradustin book. She's such a good writer. I love the one where the girl's working for the catering company, and then the like the one time they had a good servant like catering service, the woman's water broke and they had a rusher to the hospital. It's always good. So anyway, they hop on a flight. They're going to a Budapest to do a to be in like a gala ballet like showcase. That's that's the word they use showcase and they the but they they're flying over there and apparently, like Princess's moms like, can't afford a better bus than this, Just you're on the most rickety ass bus there is. It breaks down. Princess could also come down to like what is available.
Speaker 1: They seemed to be in the middle of nowhere. Like later, Princess keeps saying, call the police, Call the police, and it's like, how close do you think the closest police are.
Speaker 2: Not very close. So they they end up driving through the woods, the deep woods, and their bus breaks down. Oh and their luggage have been lost, so they have no other They get dirty from the bus. They have no other clothes to where except their Ballerina clothes, which they mean costumes Valerina their costumes. They're two two's because they've walked. They've walked all the way to a castle hotel with which is run by Umar Thurman, who is doing the just most buckwhild Russian accents you've ever heard.
Speaker 1: At one point in the film, when her bar is getting crashed up, I said, I hope it was worth it, Uma Thurman, and dyl said, I thought she was having fun making this film. I was like, I was talking about the character. So I was like, I agree, though, I think that Uma Thurman has more than enough money to pick and choose whatever movie she wants. And then she was like weird, sort of like non location specific accent?
Speaker 2: Yes please? I mean, is it better or worse than her Texas accent from red white and royal blue? Oh? I forgot about that when she was the president, and I was like hell yeah, yeah. So the like the girl the bar, the whole hotel bar thing is is literally like a skewer version of like the john Wick Hotel.
Speaker 1: I feel, okay, this movie is not a fair criticism, but I I feel like all of the greasy dirty boys look far too Hollywood. They do not look dirty or greasy enough.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I did like that.
Speaker 1: That one man gave Pasha a laftance I don't complete with belly rolls. He like pulls up his shirt and he's like doing the mondulation, and I was like, okay, movie, where are you going nowhere? Everyone's gonna die almost immediately after that. That was Pasha's last meal. Also, Pasha doesn't die rip all the other guys I don't get names.
Speaker 2: Okay, everybody in this movie should die considering the amount of C four that's being thrown around by the end, Oh.
Speaker 1: My god, is this a man thing? Because with the bar or castle or whatever it is, exploded still goes.
Speaker 2: Actually, it probably would have exploded more or if there was not much so ford it. I was like, I don't care. You're typing your watch like it's almost bed time. I have work in the morning. Like the movie is over. They did big explosion. It's fine. This is a Frank played a lot of medagir solid and listen to all the conversations about C four in that game. Oh my god. So it's very informative. You can call your buddies and just chat about movies. Oh I thought you meant chat about C four. No, there's a guy like who talks to you about your weapons.
Speaker 1: I would never call him. I mean this is like those games like Stardu Valley and Harvest Moon where you're supposed to like call upon people to you know, befriend and romance them. Weapons guy would never get a call for me. I can you call anyone more interesting?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can call medic, who will tell you about a lot of classical movies.
Speaker 1: Okay, not like medical stuff.
Speaker 2: She also tells you about this thing you're about to eat because like in that meta in Mega Sawa three, you have to hunt your food, okay, and like so you'll just far cry And I don't think there's any far cry you have to hunt your food.
Speaker 1: You just had animals.
Speaker 2: That's oh that's far cry promo. Maybe that one you have to hunt food. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Oh God, I tried so hard to do a video games thing and you were like, no, not that.
Speaker 2: Then you were like, actually, I'm sorry, I forgot about far fry primo. I just I only played the modern ones where you're just like fighting against whatever big name bad guy there is.
Speaker 1: Like the marshmallow Puff state Man marsh Puff states.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I stay puff. It's not state puff of the state in the state of being puffed or of the American state puffed. This all makes sense to three. Actually, uh, you know Nacho from Better Call Saul Vaguely or Michael Mando.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was just rand Do you know what I just thought about? What the morevious repetition? They didn't bring it back a third.
Speaker 2: Time because they were what movie they brought What movie did they bring back? And they're like this movie did game buss It wasn't did they try to have a different movie.
Speaker 1: I think it was just morbious and they put it back in theaters and then nobody saw it.
Speaker 2: But he uh, he was.
Speaker 1: I miss morvious.
Speaker 2: It's Mormon time. You must you up the Inmitated series. You had a big role in that with weird sucker hands. So I hate it.
Speaker 1: Why don't people splice together morbious clips and the Joker?
Speaker 2: I mean that'd be really good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hello, you have that idea for free.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, and you see my brain when you said the Joker, my brain thaw Joe Queen Phoenix, but I remember Joaquin Phoenix, but I remember the awful like.
Speaker 1: Like so ad minutes the footage they have if Jarard Lido's the Joker and you put stuck in the middle with you over it? Yeah, Frank, you have to do this.
Speaker 2: For my birthday. Okay, I will do this for your birthday.
Speaker 1: Stuck in the middle with you with that stupid joker bullshit from the Harley Quinn movie and then him being like.
Speaker 2: It's Morban time. So your birthday was like two months ago? Fine, Christmas, but fourth of July called upon to make an AMV of morvious and stuck in the middle of you. I'm gonna do it, like.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, what are they called fan cams even though I'm a fan of neither.
Speaker 2: I mean, back in my day, they were called AMVs. What it stands for Enemy music Video? Okay, so it would almost always be like dragon ball Z and then that song like let the bottom He's hit the floor, the.
Speaker 1: Floor, you know what I'm thinking, would be amazing. It's like dragon Balls, but with like a really soulful song like every Body's because that song failed. And then but it's the edit or what is it called the remix from the Romeo and Juliet soundtrack where it turns into a dance song and then it's uh, Goku just going super sand I.
Speaker 2: Should make a MVS.
Speaker 1: Why am I not making a MVS?
Speaker 2: Making these weirdant garden AMVs.
Speaker 1: Just for me getting copyright claimed all over the places? How do people make it around? What makes it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: How am I gonna know?
Speaker 2: My ingdom? You want more of those support me on Patreo? Yes, a big Hong Kong Hong kah. That's what I'll call the fans of my a MVS. Big hongk hongkas.
Speaker 1: Right, this is amazing. I'm building an empire.
Speaker 2: I'm just listener.
Speaker 1: Feel free to steal any of these terrible ideas, and please send.
Speaker 2: Us your edits. I need to send you. I need to show you the edits people have made these. This whole a m v for like Disney Princes, like Universe, Like there's a Wikipedia page for it. Oh my god, Like I need to I need to do a deep dive into this. Anyway, we've barely talked about it. Pretty lethal. Okay, they're at the garbage bar. Chloe needs to use the restroom. Thorna is like, I will take you. Thorna starts seeing.
Speaker 1: Seasons, osip is being weird. Yeah, vibes are bad. Osip Is.
Speaker 2: If you've seen John Wick, he's the Alfie Allen character who kicks everything off by being a complete idiot. He's a whiny little brat who's just like my father, my father. He's kind of like Draco Malfoy.
Speaker 1: Oh, that is very funny. You say that because I don't know anything about Harry Potter. And Dyl said, Uh, that's Pasha that talks about his dad all the time. And Dyl said, Pasha says my father more than Draco Malfoy, which is saying something, oh okay, so and his Pasha's like, ooh, my big bad's scary Dad, He's gonna get you.
Speaker 2: And Herman's like, we'll see, and then later she's like, we won't see. Yeah, he's Hungarian. I'm just like, this is like the third movie in a row we watch where Hungarians are the evil ones? What other ones the windstorm movies? Oh well, I feel like that's a nickname for one man.
Speaker 1: I don't feel like you can like pay with such a broad almost his sword brush, and say that it's indicting all Hungarians.
Speaker 2: They're indicting one man.
Speaker 1: And there's like five people in this town, and there are so few people that the people in the town don't even think the Hungarian are a bad guy. It's just the viewer and the main character that I can't remember the name of.
Speaker 2: Do you think the Geraldine Do you think the people called Hungarian Honker?
Speaker 1: No, that's the name of the my fans of my a MVS.
Speaker 2: I haven't made yet.
Speaker 1: You don't have a referring right, yes, Like the Joker, is he even threatening in that he's like, is he pole dancing?
Speaker 2: No, that would make him better. I would forgive I would give everything jeredly Do's Joker if he's just started pole dancing.
Speaker 1: If Jared Lyda's Joker was forty percent more gang, we would have loved it amazing. I would have been like, oh my god, genius acts that.
Speaker 2: Okay, I know, we barely talk about pretty lethal. We're gonna talk about pretty leafl after I thought about that is kind of the whole thing people have to start putting into the Batman comics. Is that, like the Joker's true love is Batman.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, And this is what I felt like Heath Ledger got when he did Joker is the Joker was like so a feat and certain and like but while still being insanely violent, psychotically violent, but like he dressed up as a nurse, he like flirted with Batman like NonStop, like was really throwing it back at Batman and so like, I feel like he really got it. And I know what happened to Heath Ledger, like after the Batman is incredibly unfortunate I am. I am talking about his Joker portrayal in the vacuum of the film, and I feel like Mark Hammill's animated Joker gets it in that he's like like impish, where like Joaquin Phoenix, he's like under contortured.
Speaker 2: And you know, I'm really is.
Speaker 1: Yes, I was trying to think of a nicer word for.
Speaker 2: Him, being like he imagines that his downstairs neighbor came to his open mic comedy show, which would never happen.
Speaker 1: Which is embarrassing for anyone to imagine. Until you're not doing the Type five anymore, until you're.
Speaker 2: Headlining, you don't invite anybody.
Speaker 1: And so like this is what I feel like Jared Leedo didn't get. Jared Ledo is. I think he thinks that Bigger reads a psychotic but it just read as like theater kid, where like with Heath Letter, he would be like down here and like whispery and like connecting. That was the part that made it haunting, is that he would start a scene conversationally he'd be connecting and like this is I'm not just gonna go on and on about Christopher Nolan's Batman forever, but like I think he understood that even when you're doing like literally a cartoon character, there.
Speaker 2: Should be nuance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it doesn't have to be such a big caricature. And if you're gonna go big, if you're gonna go handy, like I suppose Jerard Leito decided to do. It's not just about being loud. It's not just about talking over everyone.
Speaker 2: That's that's the thing about.
Speaker 1: It's not about doing your best Spencer's gifts humor.
Speaker 2: Well, that's the thing about Mark Hamill was like when he was coming up with the Joker's voice, he would be reading old Batman cartoons. Yeah, and he'd be like, there's not just ha ha has It's like he he's in holos, you know, so like like he's like, I'm just driving to like the studio to start recording like he ha yeah he had. His laugh is his biggest thing. That has to be his main thing. And going back to talking about Jerre Leia's Joker, like Jered Ley's Joka is all the edginess and none of the fun of Joker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like the whole it's like the kind of person that if you were sitting next to them on the train and you heard them talking the way Jerard Lido talks in that movie, you probably changed cars because you're like, this person's gonna fight with the conductor. This person's probably gonna get into an argument with his girlfriend to the point where I'm like, ugh, do.
Speaker 2: I need to sip in?
Speaker 1: I can't tell she's yelling at him too, Like they might just be one of those couples that like to fight in public. I'm not sure is this all consiential?
Speaker 2: So it's like, I know I'm that girlfriend. I am, but.
Speaker 1: You're like, you didn't even come to my poetry reading.
Speaker 2: In the Batman animated series, my favorite Joker episode is Christmas with a Joker, with the Joker rockets out of Arkham on top of the Christmas Tree, apparently when he saw him putting like rocket fuel into.
Speaker 1: The Magic Sea four that blew up both this castle and the trade.
Speaker 2: He takes several people hostage and then like basically best Batman to the point where Batman has no the choice than to open up this gift. And what's gonna happen is Batman gonna die? He's just gonna take a face full explosive. Nope, all this was leading for the Joker to pie Batman in the face. That's amazing, and he just goes running off because he thinks the funniest goddamn happen. And I'm like, that's why the joker should be terrifying. The Joker should be terrifying because, like for the people of Gotham, because you don't know if he's gonna poison the river or if he's just going to like yeah, you know, or at least like confetti all over the like everything. It should be a toss up. It depends on what mood he's in.
Speaker 1: Okay, Frank had a joker moment on Sunday that I thought it was very funny. He was standing maybe five to six feet from my husband. They are playing New York Times cross play against one another. Frank had not taken his turn forever, took his start. This morning, Bill took a turn. Frank took a turn.
Speaker 2: Bill is actively doing something.
Speaker 1: Frank nudges him, like we're standing near each other, and he nudged me.
Speaker 2: I was like, that's just good comedy. I was like, I do that too, What else was I supposed to do? All right, let's take and continue talking about pretty legal.
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess you could say we're doing that.
Speaker 2: I mean, the difference is you don't take your turn.
Speaker 1: And I'm still nudge you I regret nothing. Some of our games have time down, so and then I'm like, wow, you didn't even take your turn.
Speaker 2: Until's like you waited so long the game time. Yeah. So he's like, I just like like playing. I like playing cross play. That's where we're talking about. Yeah, I know. I'm just saying I take my turn so quickly because I just like playing. And it's not like the bullshit of wordless friends. But they're like, here's five hundred ads and we're gonna ABVI you subscription service, Like fuck you anyway. They're like, do.
Speaker 1: You want vowls?
Speaker 2: You have to buy them?
Speaker 1: Yeah, tried to make a word consonants only there's three z's. How many times can I say snazzy?
Speaker 2: I never played snazzy. That's a good work. So h Thorna has seen something horrific and she's trying to get the girls together, but Chloe's still missing an action. She started smooching Uma Thurman's hot son. She almost one has like three sons. One of them is a big bearded man who she says, I raised you too, gentle Frank.
Speaker 1: I didn't realize this were any I realized the one bleach blonde was her kid, I did not, and he sucks. He's like, she can't hear me. I can say whatever trash I want that, but I didn't really the other guy was her side. I just thought that was a henchman if.
Speaker 2: It wouldn't be funny. She's just like, I should have raiced you better, this random man.
Speaker 1: I kind of thought that was the vibe.
Speaker 2: So Pasha starts hitting on Thorna. She just she needs him in the balls, and he shoots her in the head. Yeah.
Speaker 1: She's walking away from him.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Thurma's like, oh, I'm going to use this as blackmail to get your father here, because I don't kill your father. She doesn't say.
Speaker 1: She says, you killed a woman in my bar. This is as the ballerinas are freaking out, obviously understandably, and he's like, I'll just say that she got in my face and was crazy, which is not a good reason. And then's like, you shot her in the back of the head, and Princess is yelling you shot her in the face and dels like.
Speaker 2: Actually she shut He shot her in the back of it, and I was like, oh my god.
Speaker 1: So Olama Thurman tells the ballerinas with the exception of Chloe because she's still in the bathroom that uh, she is gonna call the police and she's gonna put them in the safe room. And I think she says this to a man I now learned is her son. No, she says it's to Osip, and Osip's like the safe room and she's like the basement. So he takes the ballerinus downstairs. Grace is hyperventilating, really freaking out, and Osip's like, have a chocolate and Grace is.
Speaker 2: Like, okay, yeah, I mean she's very trusting. Like it's like I think this is just who like a Vontica has been playing lately, Like know, she played Karen in The Mean Girl's Musical. And they get into the basement, they're locked in. Osip starts getting weird with Grace, and that's when like you see bones in the background, like figuring out she can flip her cuffs in front of her. Yeah, and she like ends up killing she Yeah, she ends up killing this guy. And like he tries stabbing her with a he tries stabbing her with a ox cutter and it gets stuck in her ballerina flat and then she starts to thank.
Speaker 1: You Ballerina what was it Vallerina clothes Ballerina flat.
Speaker 2: I don't understand clothing and she that's like this is she starts using that to like spin around and dice him up. And this just like reminded me of like that woman who said about Tilly Shall make Ship talking about like wear Olympic level athletes. You're not an Olympic level actor. Just like I was like, oh, what is that stupid movie about the ping pong Marty Supreme? Nobody cares.
Speaker 1: Frank, you need to learn to listen to him. I'm sorry, I.
Speaker 2: Sack up. I'm getting a lot of signals I think for yourself. I'm getting like a weird like Man's rights, the training course talking to my sister day. Yeah, oh god, I'm just thinking about bad training Day was not like the not the movie. The movie is amazing, but just like going through all that like a manuscript. I guess that's basically those man camps.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so oh we got the man camps where like you're just paying a dude to like scream at you as you.
Speaker 2: Do push ups in the beach. You can need that for free. Yeah, Like if I go to.
Speaker 1: Any public beach, start doing push ups, men will yell you.
Speaker 2: Or this is all the men will, but if you start taking a whole men will join in. So anyway, the the women all get back together. They really have to go find It takes them a while to figure out Chloe. They need to go find Chloe. Yeah, like, I'm just like Chloe, Like, we need to get here. It was like Chloe is a many gonna mention Chloe, and then finally is always like, wait, we need to go find Chloe. I'm like, thank you. They are sneaking, but they keep just sending men to this basement and the women just keep killing them. Yeah, I'm just like And eventually the uh, the girls head of stairs, they find the women head of stairs, they find Chloe.
Speaker 1: Cloe's like what She's sitting in like a lavish drawing room in a comfy chair, eating a bowl of pock worm where you get that popcorn watching a.
Speaker 2: Movie is just like, yes, I shall get the pup secret for her of the Red and Vaka you.
Speaker 1: Think right, that is really how they have her saying all her lines, or how she chose to say her lines.
Speaker 2: I will switch to no other even when the women are not around. I will not switch out out of English. It shall only be English, no Lassian. So they they arm themselves like well, they first they go into the kitchen to hide and try and find a phone. At a certain point Princess leaves, she sees them cutting up Thorna's body because there's a person there named the Doctor who just disposes the bodies for them, and she's just like, oh, this shit's serious. She goes back downstairs. They arm themselves with like a bunch of knives. Oh, but there's a there is an amazing sequence where the gentle thug is looking through them, looking for them in the kitchen, and like you just see them like all like bending and posing around like the kitchen, like you know, basically hiding themselves as the tiniest place. It's actually reminds me of the first Ninja Turtles movie where Donnie shows up the redheaded kid and like they're all just sneaking around like by being giant turtles.
Speaker 1: Or men in foam suits.
Speaker 2: Yeah, at a certain at a certain point we see uh. But there's also an amazing point where princesses here, I'll call for help, and she like picks up a rotally rotary landline and she's just like, how do you use this ancient shit?
Speaker 1: She's like, I'm wasting so much time tiling.
Speaker 2: Because they show you the entire rotary folk, like the rotary phot It's a great comedy. Beete. Yeah. So eventually they have to dispense the gentle thug, but they get they get a shotgun. In the end, Princess is the one who's gonna use the shotgun.
Speaker 1: Well, at first, Bones is like yeah, right, like you know how to use that, and then Princess is like Daddy's country club has a shooting range and she does all this stuff where you like cock the barrow.
Speaker 2: I mean, like, I think the girls are selling being action heroes, and honestly, like I guess I'll still want Lana Condor back in the mc US Jubilee. She didn't get to do much in those movies. She was in them, yeah for like a half second.
Speaker 1: I feel like these who was Jubilee and.
Speaker 2: The other ones, Well, this is like the first time they had her in live action.
Speaker 1: Right, because they've only had Rogue and Anna Paquin was Rogue. Yea was not old enough at the time to be Rode. Rogue's whole thing was she was like mother age so she was wise, but she was also like kept it super steamy with Gambit all the time.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, well Cherry.
Speaker 1: Who played Gambit?
Speaker 2: Channing Tatum what well and shut up? An X Men vers Deadpool? He was he was Gambit? Did they have him do the ex Oh yeah, Like he delivers his line and Deadpool's like, what the fuck did he just say? I can't understand because he's hamming it up? So he's being Channing Tatum, like you get Chanting Tatum because he's like a big honk of comedy. Frank, would you say a hon k of Hong Kong? Oh, a big honk honk.
Speaker 1: Rg Okay, here here I'm put I'm manifesting this. I'm putting this out in the universe. If I do start making a MVS and I become popular and have fans to call Hong Kong honkahs, if Channing Tatum, oh my god, she's the perfect jubilee.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna flip this table. I'm enraged.
Speaker 1: If Channing Cantum liked one of my amb's.
Speaker 2: I'd be like, okay, I can perish now. Did you see that he posted like a subtweet or a subtweet post after Zoe Kravitz, who is his ex Scott engaged? No, was it like very petty? I don't know. I just heard that he posted something, and then like Katie Perry posted something and just I was like, does just his throw like he's cool with the fact she's posting sad Instagram posts about her ex getting engaged? Okay, I mean you know channing. Okay.
Speaker 1: The thing is Katy Perry is with Justin Trudeau is in The Devilwars Protatue and a shit tone of prosthetics and he's the only funny part. The rest of that movie is like they were like, let's take a bunch of epic actors and have them do nothing. And then Justin Throw is in a totally different movie where he's acting like an Elon Musk type character, and oh god, they're talking about a woman and this is not her name that he goes, who's even named Candle?
Speaker 2: And look, that's the moment.
Speaker 1: Is I think the woman's name is Candace?
Speaker 2: And even serious? So then later these.
Speaker 1: Are spoilers for the Devil Wars Protatude, but you should not spend your money on it.
Speaker 2: La the first one.
Speaker 1: I started watching the first one on the plane, and I was like, fuck, this movie is so good.
Speaker 2: This is why I did not like the sequel.
Speaker 1: But Emily Blunt's character is trying to say I should be on the cover of the magazine and she's like gesturing, and Justin Throw's like a tiger, a lion, a ringmaster. She's like, why are you only talking about circus stuff?
Speaker 2: Like I was like, this movie needs to be heightened like this.
Speaker 1: Yes, the fashion is great, kind of we didn't get to see as much as the first one, and the first one the fashion is so dated and hideous.
Speaker 2: Okay, so in the first the first one has more fashion, more people doing things that I've read the plot of the second one today. It doesn't seem to make any goddamn sense.
Speaker 1: It's like there are no steakes, like everyone's so comfortable, and then Justin Threw comes in. He's like my characters from an entirely different movie. I'm gonna be so distracting for the five minutes I'm on screen, and then when I'm not on screen, you're gonna wish.
Speaker 2: I was on screen. When Justin Throw is not on screen, every should be asking where's Justin Throw?
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, so Katy Perry is with Justin Trudeau.
Speaker 2: Who is no Kravitz marrying.
Speaker 1: I don't know it's someone who is dating Katy Perry. No.
Speaker 2: I think that this is just people are people are just making sense. Oh Zoe Kraust disengaged to Harry Styles?
Speaker 1: What how am I just hearing about this? I'm was sad when her and Channing Tatum broke up. When Instagram was like love is dead, I was like yeah probably. I was like, hill, I'm so sorry they broke up. So now we're gonna have to get divorced. And deal probably told me to take a nap.
Speaker 2: So uh, just to fish up pretty lethal. This movie, it's not a bad movie. Well, it's just like there's like it's just like and so I just want to talk about my am V. Everything is building to like what we're about to talk about or I'm gonna mention because it's not like what am I gonna go be for? Beat in this like fight scene. Yeah, there's an amazing fight scene.
Speaker 1: I mean similar to what was that John Wick four or five four I guess where it's like fold down the stairs, run up the stairs.
Speaker 2: That's like thirty minutes of him trying to climb some goddamn stairs where I was snooze. The duel that comes after that with nearly some one of the Circus brothers, one of the Scars Guards brothers, is actually really good. Like it's you know, the whole thing of like, oh he didn't shoot and he shoots the Scars guard brother in the head and then he dies. Anyways, that was the point of any of this. Yeah, Like it's just those movies should have ended with the like like either with the first one or the second one, maybe the third one. It just the they're very well made, but it's like eating too much cake, Like after a while the cake you're just gonna like it feels sick. Yeah, but like there's an amazing bar fight with the girls using all the ballet talents and like all the weapons they've accumulated. Uh Uma Thurman puts on a crazy ballerina like ballerina costume buzzine.
Speaker 1: Where she is doing the face paint and like pending on her eyebrows. Like when the ballerinas first see her, was this swan like or the Nutcracker she was supposed to dance the sugar porn fairy right, Yeah, uh she has her costume encased in glass in the middle of her room.
Speaker 2: Real miss Havisham managers yes.
Speaker 1: And so when the valeriinas, I think it's Princess who says that, She's like, oh, this bitch is crazy. And so then when the girls are like getting ready to like mess up Pasha more Uma Thurmad comes out and Pasha's.
Speaker 2: Like, oh my god, what's happening to me? And with everyman's like, girls, get out of here. It's my fight.
Speaker 1: So Pasha's dad and like the lamb is looking posse bust in and just start shooting everything, which they're definitely going to accidentally shoot his dumb son because his son has.
Speaker 2: To call me like Denny.
Speaker 1: They're being so mean to me.
Speaker 2: It is literally the end of that what they like that one snl skit look skirt skirt Pete Davison, Yeah, like dad, can you come pick us up? That being mean to us? Yeah, which man is accurate, and like they also throw in the very funny line where like, you know, at this point point, with the man's put up at least like a dozen bricks of C four, and I think both is like, oh shit, it's C four and Grace like I see a lot more than four.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, she's like I see at least sixteen. So they are barely barely even breaching the property line when this whole castle explodes.
Speaker 2: Okay can I I don't want to be the actually guy, but I'm gonna be that guy. I mean you already did at the beginning.
Speaker 1: We're like more explosion that.
Speaker 2: That amount of C four would probably destroy like a miles square.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, like crater it, right, yeah, like nothing would be like the Joker rids tree basically.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like now you're talking about language that this is the only way I can measure things by havingy chokers riding Christmas trees there are accurate. So like they steal a bunch of motorcycles Uma Thines that has had her revenge. They show up at the ballet showcase bloodied, dirty, no coach to be seen, and then you're like, we're just gonna perform like this, We cool, cool, And it's just like no, like their passwords have been burns. How are they getting home after this?
Speaker 1: Like, I mean, I suppose they could go to the embassy and they're miners?
Speaker 2: Are they minors? I think they're college age? But oh like I told after I finished watching it, I told, this is just like it's not like like regretting you, where that just slid off my brain. The moment I saw watching you.
Speaker 1: Did not watch regretting you. We watched reminders of him regretting you is the one with Dave Franco and I was and Marnie from Girls. I send Williams, Oh my god, god, it's a big window.
Speaker 2: You can both take parts in the window anyway, and there's growling happened. I sent a writing friend of mine the clip from Garf Moranghi's Dark Place where he says, I know a lot of writers who use subtexts. Those people are cowards. And that's that was my made me think of that's what we say of Colleen Hoover.
Speaker 1: Yes, Colleen Hoover is like, you're never gonna have a question about whether this is tragedy porn or not.
Speaker 2: So I give pretty lethal a recommendation.
Speaker 1: It's how many toenails that have fallen off?
Speaker 2: Oh that's another great point, where like the doctor rips off one of bones his toenails, you.
Speaker 1: Should specify the doctor is like a fixer in that he eradicates people's identities after they've been murdered, so they can't be traced again. Are they called the guardie in Hungry or is that just Ireland?
Speaker 2: The who guardie Guardy It's like what they call the police. I'll look it up. Okay, what do you call police in Hungary?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: But he like Yanks? Yanks would have heard one of bones his toenails. She's just like I lose toenails all the time.
Speaker 1: Oh god, Oh no, Okay, there are a bunch of when I say, what do you call? And I really was not trying to do a joke, A bunch of jokes that I'm not going to.
Speaker 2: Click come out. Oh jeezy, Frank's like all beans, all beans?
Speaker 1: Give me?
Speaker 2: Oh people, I want.
Speaker 1: A phonetic word for police, it's and if anyone speaks Hungarian, I'm so sorry Rendorsic. Wait, can I get stop? Ai? I don't want you to say it.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna go no, not to Wikipedia. What I was gonna say was when it comes to all beans, like people have mentioned a work that they won't know, I'm working on something to hear me say all beans when something goes wrong, Alice, Okay, that's just no.
Speaker 1: I'm saying please.
Speaker 4: Oh I wasn't close at all. It's too seductive.
Speaker 2: It's three times. It's just like them trying to find Rocky's voice in product, He'll marry. What else do we want to say?
Speaker 1: In Hungarian? I'm gonna say ballerina? Why didn't anyone say ballerina and Hungarian?
Speaker 2: Find the word for ballerina and also the word for obsession, because that's what we're doing next week. Oh my god, this is so good.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think ballerina is pretty much the same. Honestly, it's spelled just.
Speaker 2: With one now okay, well, oh I like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now we'll do obsession and then I'm done with my new favorite toy.
Speaker 2: But Dell is going to get harassed with us all night, maybe like how do you say good?
Speaker 1: But in this is the word for upset. There's two different words.
Speaker 2: Next silo tag metso loves sello sag and then this is the other one.
Speaker 1: Can't click it there we go ruth. Okay, so it's like, okay.
Speaker 2: Ready to move on. I mean, I haven't done the Airhorn at a long time. But yes, so next week we're going to be doing that new movie obsession.
Speaker 1: About I have to give it to a man of the Jedi. She mentions this movie every video. She's like, so obsession, obsession.
Speaker 2: I have to make an am V of Mandel Jedi talking about the movie Obsession. Yeah. I was like, girl, we get it. You like the movie. I mean she has discerning tastes like she does, so she likes it. I'm into it, so Gary for that? Uh, do you want me to do the adre? Yes? So I don't want to find that Gary way to do the addre.
Speaker 1: What we figure out how, they say?
Speaker 2: Our email is at real real teengirl Talk at gmail dot com.
Speaker 1: Yes, Gary, you can write us at realteengirl Talk at gmail dot com. Frank is another podcast called I Hope I Can make it through with his friend Donnie. They watched Degrassi. When's the last time you guys updated? Wow, Frank, I won't be taking questions, Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: I have a website Frankcoda dot com where I post my writings. I'm posting an article. Well, by the time this comes up, I'll posted an article about the various hot foxes throughout fiction. Damn it. No, it's because they're releasing any Star Fucks game and there's a new model for Fox and it's very controversial. Oh no, Glenn Powell played Star Fox in the Summer Brothers Galaxy movie and a lot of people are like, who is this hot? Pop? I just watched a movie, another movie on a plane of called How to Make a Killing. It was like, whatever, it's apparently a remake of a different movie. I saw the trailer for him, like, oh, I'll watch that. It didn't seem like a movie I need to see in theaters. I did think I wanted to see Devils Prada too, but the way you described, I'm like, I'm not into.
Speaker 1: It, Frank you one hundred percent. So a movie has to be so good for Frank not to fall asleep. And sometimes even when Frank likes the movie, he falls asleep. You would have slept through if I had to guess fifty Devil War's Prada, No, no.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I can sleep on my cash with my cat.
Speaker 1: I mean, you'd wake up when Justin Thurrow was on screen and be very disoriented.
Speaker 2: I also have a book of hard short stories called A Heartbeat in the Darkness. It's available for sale at the link in the description and until next week.
Speaker 1: I'm Ceze Coda
Speaker 2: Francota Team Cooda