Speaker 1: Hey, guys, we're gonna get to your Summer Slam review with the Botch Guy from YouTube in just a second, where we went through every match and gave a very very passionate review, especially for the main event and return of Roman Reigns. So you're gonna want to stick around and listen to that. As for the very first time, the Batch guy from YouTube and myself joined forces, and I'm sure it won't be the last, So sit back and relax. We're gonna get everything going right after this.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the WWE Podcast, the most passionate and authentic wrestling analysis on the web. We've got you covered with every Raw, SmackDown and NXT show giving you a no bulk opinion. We know you love wrestling, we do too, so let's get this show underway.
Speaker 3: Man, that's the bottom line. What co Stone Cold Stepson?
Speaker 1: All Right, guys, welcome to the WWE Podcast. Thanks so much for joining me. Really really cool show today with the first time ever, the Botch Guy from YouTube and myself joined forces to tackle SummerSlam in what was a very very strange show and we had some very strong opinions that you may or may not agree with, but I hope it's as fun for you to listen as it was for us to record, because we had a great time. And I'm sure that this is not going to be the last time that you hear The Batch Guy myself on this show. I think it could be a relatively recurring experience that again, we will keep you guys informed of. But and maybe I'll even make an appearance on his show. Maybe it'll even be tonight.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's what a little birdie told me immediately following Rob, but who knows. Check out The Batch Guy's channel though, head on over to YouTube and subscribe so you don't miss a thing because maybe I'll maybe I'll appear there from time to time, hint, hint. So a jam packed week this week, guys, though we have obviously The Botch Guy tonight, we have Raw tomorrow with Anthony Greater or Anthony Mary Grater, I'm mixing up my co hosts. And then Wednesday is our interview with Chris Van Vliet and I'm looking forward to that as we cover everything in wrestling and how he got to where he is today. So looking forward to that interview, and it's gonna be a fun time with so much going on in wrestling, and it was a very very again strange pay per view that Botch Guy and I are going to cover here in just a minute, But first, welcome to the show. If you like us, give us a rating and review on Apple Podcasts or anywhere that podcasts are able to take a rating. It helps us out big time. So thank you so much, and tell a friend if you love the show. I know that many of you have been messaging me on Instagram. I appreciate that, and many of you have voiced your opinions about Summer Slam. But I do want to get a question onto the show from Madeline, who writes in and says I was glad Oscar won just one of the women's titles last night, but I was still upset she was in both matches when there are so many other women they can be building with. No Charlotte and Becky right now, because they haven't focused much on any other women in the division. I'm wondering what you guys think could be the next legitimate contender to the SmackDown Championship off Bailey rather than just another Tamina Filler match. So Mimi, rather Mimi, it comes up Maddel line. But I'll call you Mimi because that's what you prefer. Thanks for writing in. I think it's going to be somebody they call up, or it could be a returning Charlotte Becky is out for the foreseeable future.
Speaker 4: I think it's.
Speaker 1: Probably going to be somebody that is a familiar face. I would hope that they call somebody from NXT. I would even hope they push Shana Basler, but with Shana Bazer kind of being a quasi heel, I don't think that she's a good candidate right now, as she kind of also is randomly involving herself in Raw Underground, and she'd also have to be drafted to smack down. So I don't I honestly don't know. I mean, they have Naomi in and out of relevancy, they have Lacey Evans kind of popping in and out of relevancy as well. I mean, I guess they're too busy doing their karaoke contests to care about who should be challenging for the championship. And Bailey has run through a lot of people, so that would tell you that she probably has somebody new that is on the horizon. So it's certainly a conundrum. It's certainly a conundrum or Vai. You know, it could be Sasha herself, as many people predict. So thanks for writing in and I appreciate your question. So again, guys, head on over to the website if you want all of our podcasts there and articles and everything else. And we also have a Patreon if you don't like the commercials. Patreon dot com slash ww podcast. So all right, let's not waste any time. SummerSlam was a big deal last night. Let's get to the Roman Reigns reaction. Let's get to the Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville Tobacco and every else in between, and the really surprising debut of Dominic and so much more. So, let's get everything started right now again, Guys, I'll talk to you tomorrow and enjoy the show already. Welcome to the WWE podcast and welcome to the official Summer Slam Review. And you, guys know that I've been talking about this show for weeks. You know that I've said that I'm going to have this guy on the show. I've been talking about him, I've been talking him up, and I finally have him.
Speaker 4: On the show.
Speaker 1: The Botch Guy is with us from YouTube. How you doing, Jake? How's everything going?
Speaker 3: You're gonna be so underwhelming? And I'm just kidding. Thanks for having me. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 5: I've been wanting to do this for a very long time. I just listened to your stuff. It's just incredible stuff, and I'm just really looking forward to I think we're going to have a really good show today.
Speaker 4: I am too, and I'm really good forward to this.
Speaker 1: There's a ton of content to get to, and but before we get there, obviously, I want to give you a second here because my listeners have been actually asking me, Hey, how do I get how do I get in contact him? What's this guy about? And I've always just directed them to your YouTube channel? So let them my listeners know, maybe they haven't you heard me before about what you do. Let everyone know what you do and where they can find you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So, basically, my name is the Batch Guy. I run a wrestling YouTube channel. I've been doing like reactions, parodies and like rants and raves and you know, positive stuff, negative stuff, just kind of a mix and match of just a whole different type of topics. And honestly, I just started off as a fan, and you know, I kind of grew the thing. I realized people really like the whole, genuine, honest aspect of talking wrestling, and I built a community from scratch. We had one hundred and twenty followers or something just about a year and a half ago. We just hit over sixty six thousand, so it's been growing like crazy. I don't know, I'm just pretty down to worth person, like you can talk to me anytime, and you can definitely check me out at www dot YouTube dot com.
Speaker 3: The botch guys, you can check me up over there.
Speaker 1: Awesome and I would really recommend it. And I watched your your reaction to Roman Reigns earlier today, which was really fun to watch. And what was it Mandy Rose versus the table, the folding the table that she had that was really funny.
Speaker 4: So we'll get to that as well. But let's start off. Let's start off with.
Speaker 1: The Street Profits and Andrade and Angel Guards of the so Ron Tag Team Championship match. The Street Profits retain, what did you think about this match? Were you underwhelmed? Give me your thoughts.
Speaker 5: You know, I think the Street Profits really get hyped up from the crowd, so when there's no real crowd there. I feel like a little bit of the mystique is kind of gone with the Street Profits. Honestly, overall they're build has been okay. I don't think it's been anything like spectacular or anything special. The poison thing was kind of weird and just overall, I thought the match itself was alright, Like it was a pretty decent back and forth of fair. I expected more storyline driven things, maybe something more creative to do with Zelena and Andrada and Angel Garza there, but I don't know, I thought it was a pretty solid generic, you know, start off the Summer Slam Show match.
Speaker 3: What do you think?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it wasn't you know, it didn't overwhelm me.
Speaker 1: This I think could have been better than it was. And you said the whole poison storyline was just bizarre, It wasn't.
Speaker 4: It wasn't anything that really grabbed me.
Speaker 1: And the Street Profits, I don't know, they seem very one dimensional at this time, and the way that Vince McMahon's been portraying them kind of as a comedy act, going to you know, doing the anything you can do, I can do better storyline I think was really damaging to them and really damaging to the championship, and just because I know that in ring they can do a lot better. And especially montes Ford, I mean, this guy is ultra athletic. The height he gets on the top rope is just otherworldly. And having the Street Profits retain, I mean, I guess someone I don't know how to feel about it. I'm not excited, I'm not disappointed. It's just that I don't know why WWE continues to push this narrative of Andrade and Angel Garza having some kind of heat between one another. I don't understand why we're supposed to care about two heels that really have never even gotten a good role about what We're supposed to care about these two about who's did what and who said what and what the problem is. And then you're having Selena Vega in the middle, who is, to me, probably the best speaking manager outside of Paul Hayman the ww has. Right now, I'm I don't know what to think about this. It's it kind of left me going, Okay, Street Profits retain.
Speaker 5: Well, what's really nice about Zelena Vega is because but the fact is I care more about Selena Vega, right now than both Garza and Andrada, and that, you know, that's great in a way that you know, because she's doing such an amazing job as a manager.
Speaker 3: That's always that's always nice for her.
Speaker 5: But when it comes to them, I feel like they need to stand out a little bit more. Like you said, the storyline once again is it's kind of disjointed. They're not really following any sort of actual path. They've been kind of teasing a turn or at least, like you know, a feud there between the two for so long now, man, I don't even remember how many weeks or months it's been. Now with that whole storyline, I want to see something completely fresh. I want to see something completely different. But I will say this though month as four, did you see that finisher the spin mid air?
Speaker 3: Oh my god's a rotation?
Speaker 1: Incredible, insane. This guy is clearly the star of the team. And there's always on a tag team, nine times out of ten, there's always a star on the team that outshines the other. I mean, look around, and Montez for it certainly is that guy. And uh yeah, I mean I'm thinking this is probably not over given we have payback in a week. This is probably gonna be just a lot of rehash of SummerSlam in some instances. So I mean again, Zelena Vega is the star of that group.
Speaker 4: She is the glue.
Speaker 1: Without Zelena Vega, I would be very disinterested in Andrade and Angel Garza.
Speaker 4: But yeah, the street profits retaining for now. It is what it is.
Speaker 1: I mean, I would have liked to have seen Andrade and Garza get on a bit of a roll with those belts, but they're keeping them on the street profits for now. So uh okay, no DQ match this one turned. This one turned from a hair versus hair to a loser leaves WWE. This talent ain't big enough for the both of us type of match. And Mandy Rose versus Sonya Deville, Mandy Rose really surprisingly got the victory here. I picked Sonya Deville to win here, and I don't know how out of nowhere Mandy Rose is able to just defeat Sony Deville after how many times she's lost to her. This storyline was, I mean, it had a lot of legs and then it died for a while and then came back to me.
Speaker 4: Sonya Deville is.
Speaker 1: The breakout star, one of the biggest breakout stars of this year of the coronavirus era.
Speaker 3: If you will, just great intensity, so good.
Speaker 4: She's so good.
Speaker 1: I love what Sonya Deville has become and Mandy Rose is.
Speaker 4: I mean, she came out.
Speaker 1: Her outfit, what the hell was she wearing? Was the only one distracted by her outfit? It was just like kind of a weird and maybe I've just never seen her in real wrestling at hire, I don't know, but it was weird.
Speaker 3: She rocked that mushroom cut back from the eighties. Yes, I thought she.
Speaker 5: I thought she still looked pretty attractive. K not gonna lie. Oh I did have a couple of looks there. But honestly, this, this whole storyline was was pretty good, Like I thought, the build up has been like pretty decent overall.
Speaker 3: I here's the thing.
Speaker 5: Okay, So with Sonya de Ville obviously having that crazy stuff that's happening with a crazy fan, my theory is basically that Mandy Rose one because Sonya probably needs a little bit of time off. I think originally it was planned as a hair versus hair and then that happened, and then maybe Sonia went to all speculation. This is completely my speculation, but like maybe she went to Vince or something and said, hey, you know what, I might need a little bit of time off, just you know, not into it right now and having Mandy take the win, because it doesn't make much sense to me why Sonia would lose, especially because just like you said, man, she is a breakout star. She's been one of the best performers now for a long time, not just in the ring, but her mic work has improved so drastically, kind of like Apollo Cruise. The micro work has improved so drastically. And like I said, man, the intensity about her. She comes out and she had the presence about her something that I'm gonna break out this name Ronda Rowsey kind of did I know. Ronda obviously has a way bigger you know, fan base following, but she has a little bit of a presence about her, and that's something I really really seem to enjoy.
Speaker 4: There's no doubt.
Speaker 1: And and when I remember when she turned heel and right in front of Mandy Rose and she had this scalding heel promom, like where the hell has this been in the whole time? Like I mean, And so, yeah, Sonya Deville is I think got a lot of a lot of bright days in front of her, and I think easily in twenty twenty one she's gonna be holding the smack Down Women's Championship or Raw if they have another draft, whatever it may be. But Sonya Deville needs to have a run with the Women's Championship. She has, she really has everything, and I am I'm really on board with what she's done. And you could be right about the whole stalker thing. You absolutely could be right and having Mandy Rose though during the match, And again, I know I commented on this earlier, but Mandy Rose with the table man, what the heck happened there?
Speaker 3: What was that?
Speaker 5: You know, when there's a good botch, like when I make my videos, I do it like in a kind harder way, And the whole point of my videos is to kind of make people smile and make people laugh how people get through situations.
Speaker 3: That's all it is.
Speaker 5: It's always ever gonna be kind of like the America's Funniest Home Videos type style of comedy. You know, just caught talking over it when I saw something like that, but I had to make it. I had no choice. I saw Maddy Road struggling like this is like Titus Onmeal running out for Royal rumboor or whatever that was when he patched underneath the whole ring there. But honestly, it was so funny. I was laughing so hard. I'm like, that's it. I don't have a choice. I have to make a video on this. I even did commentary on it, which was funny about it. But honestly, I thought that was just a funny spot. And honestly, I'm pretty sure Mandy's probably laughing about it too, Like she probably went backstage and she's probably like, oh my god, that you know table right, I'm not sure if I can swear on your show. But you know, I thought it was pretty funny overall.
Speaker 4: It was hilarious.
Speaker 1: I mean, because I'm like, what is she doing. She's just pushing the table. I know what she was I think trying to do, and it just didn't happen.
Speaker 4: Uh, And it was. It was weird to watch.
Speaker 1: I'm probably gonna have to go back and rewatch it again just to laugh. But it did remind me of Titus on Neil, which was probably one of the funniest botches I've ever seen in my life. Now that I'm thinking, I haven't thought about that in a long time. I mean I remember even shock Chockmaster, yeah, the shock Master tripping, yeah, oh god. I mean there's been there's been some really funny ones, but Titus on Neil. I remember Corey Graves just absolutely losing it on commentary.
Speaker 4: It was one of the funniest.
Speaker 1: But again, the stipulations of this were pretty severe and went from hair versus hair to just hey, loser is out of WWE. And you know, we all know WWE's track record of being able to stick with stipulations like this. I mean, you can look back to the authority. If the authority loses the match. I think it was like Survivors Series or whatever it was, then they're gone out of power. They were gone for like four weeks and then they came back. I mean, they have a history of not sticking with these kinds of things. So I'm sure Sonya Deville will find a way to bring herself back. I don't know how, but I mean leave it to w w A. I'm not concerned about Sonya Deville actually being gone from w w A.
Speaker 5: And then we have the lovely seth rawlins versus Dominic Mysterial, the Street fight Man, what did you think.
Speaker 1: I will say this, I was pleasantly surprised about Dominic, who I thought was going to use this No DQ match as a crutch for the lack of actual wrestling ability where it doesn't take a whole lot of skill to use and am an object and wailer and your opponent. I mean, it's it's not a difficult thing to do, even if you have zero wrestling experience. So I thought that was going to kind of be like putting deodorant on his lack of wrestling ability, and I was very, very surprised at his ability and shocked in it was great to see. It was to me one of the best matches of the night. I think that, and I can't believe I'm saying that, but just from a story perspective, maybe not from a five star classic, but from deep story, I loved it having the handcuffs come out, and having Dominic gets stumped in the head in front of his father and having seth Rawlins just be so pleased with himself. I loved it, man, I was really really I enjoyed the hell out of this match from an emotional perspective, That's probably what drew me in the most is really just how good the storyline has been. From an emotional standpoint, is completely overachieved, and from Dominic being in ring, I think, overachieving many people's expectations.
Speaker 3: Well, it's a logical progression, right.
Speaker 5: They started off with the whole seth Rawlins ray Masterio. You have that angle going on, you get Dominic involved, you do the whole Buddy Murphy. I know what technically is called Murphy now, but I still want them to be called Buddy and the whole. You know, you kind of progress that character a little bit, and then you move on to the Dominic and the actual match itself. By the way, seth Rawlins rocking his nineteen ninety seven Halloween Have It gear and Dominic rocking his Summer Slam two thousand and five attire of that Ray Masterio was actually wearing. So it's a little did bit there for you. I thought the which was pretty good. I thought it was a pretty solid match. Seth Rollins' facial expressions have increased and gotten so good now that whenever he has a match, especially since he's turned into the Monday Night Messiah, I feel like he's actually reached maybe a new level that he hasn't reached before. I feel like he's finally found something that he's enjoying and he's putting over other wrestlers, even by taking wins. And that's something that he badly needed to do back.
Speaker 3: In the day. And it's kind of nice that you can see it now.
Speaker 1: No, it is And I have said from the beginning of when Seth Rollins was a babyface, I said, this doesn't feel right.
Speaker 4: It felt for the whole wrestle meanting.
Speaker 1: With brock Lesner, it didn't feel right. Seth Rollins is a natural born heel, just like I believe Charlotte is a natural born heel. Whenever they try to turn her baby face, something just doesn't sit.
Speaker 4: Right with me.
Speaker 1: And Seth Rollins was born to be a heel. And this, to me is the best iteration of Seth Rollins that we've ever seen, including the Authority run and the burn it down and all any of that. I think this is the best Seth has been And the Minna Nehisaiah bring.
Speaker 3: Back the laughing Seth, though I want to see some more laughs. Man.
Speaker 5: I thought this was so funny back in the day when he was like he'll just cracking those laughs over.
Speaker 1: And over it and he's got an obnoxious laugh. I mean, there's nothing endearing about it. So it's perfect for heel absolutely and having Murphy and I agree, saying Murphy without Buddy in front of it, something doesn't click in my brain. Everything just Buddy Murphy just flows, I mean, just rolls off the tongue, and they decide to chop his name whatever. We call him Buddy Murphy here on the show too. That's fine, And so I think this is a great snaxt step. I honestly, I don't know what the endgame is here. Do you have any idea what this and the endgame is for this whole thing.
Speaker 5: I'm confused now because you know the whole mother got involved too, Like I'm not sure we didn't mention that, but like the mother got involved. That's the one part maybe I didn't really like, I didn't really need to see her get involved in the situation.
Speaker 3: I understand it on an emotional basis, you know.
Speaker 5: Obviously because Ray and of course the sun Ray, but it's I don't know, I didn't pretty I wasn't a big fan of the mother getting involved.
Speaker 3: But moving forward here, it's tricky, right.
Speaker 5: Because they they've done so much, and they actually have been pretty creative with the you know, the way they've kind of booked this whole storyline for the first time, maybe in my life, I actually don't really know and I don't really have too much an opinion on what's gonna happen next. And in a weird way, that's kind of exciting, isn't it, because then you can kind of see what the WWE is gonna actually do with this storyline, specifically because they've continued to do a good job with it, so let's see what's next.
Speaker 1: That is I was like the same thing I said, I honestly don't know. Usually in any given storyline, most of the time you go, they're probably gonna end here, you have an idea of the destination.
Speaker 4: This one, I don't know, and I'm fine with it.
Speaker 1: I love it, and having Ray Mysterial and Seth do what they've done over the last several months is really a testament to Raymisterio, who I don't think anybody expected this to come out of se Ray Mysterio's second run here in WWE. Who has I mean, their chemistry has been way more than I thought it ever would be, and this story has probably morphed into the more than they ever thought it would be. So I don't know what to expect with these two. I would assume that it's going to be some kind of blowoff. I mean, payback seems kind of quick. Maybe at the next pay per view of like Helen a Cell. I would think Helen a Cell is warranted of this. This to me is where Helen is Cell is absolutely justified. I'm not a fan of doing Helen a Cell matches just because it's on the schedule and whatever program's happened to be going on, just.
Speaker 4: Stick them in the cell.
Speaker 1: No, to me, having Helen sell as a pay per view has really watered down the mystique of the Cell. So this is actually deserving of it. If this is where it's going.
Speaker 3: I'll say this though, Dominic.
Speaker 5: You know clearly he earned the respect of not just the fans, with the people backstage and the WWE when he took all those kend those shots and just got absolutely beaten and battered beyond belief. And I honestly because of that, it makes me even more invested into him because clearly he's taking this seriously.
Speaker 3: I know he got a pitch a quick push to the main roster. Does that mean he's gonna officially stay here? Who knows. But honestly, I thought he did a pretty good job overall.
Speaker 5: And you know, there's been a lot of debuts in the past where I was pretty underwhelmed.
Speaker 3: Then this is not one of them.
Speaker 4: No, it's not.
Speaker 1: It's definitely not one of them. And Dominic guy said, absolutely blew me away with what he did, and he's taking it seriously. It wasn't just play fighting in there, or he didn't seem like a pushover in the ring. He took seth rolins. I mean they always say to the limit, or he was, you know, a very game whoever I mean, but he did. He really brought it in the ring with some of them athletic moves. He was doing, like those head springs, Like at the beginning of the match, I was like, oh my god.
Speaker 4: So it was great.
Speaker 1: And like you said, the throwback to the two thousand and five I remember that storyline very well. Was that the one with the whole custody of Dominic storyline with Eddie was.
Speaker 3: That was so long ago? I'm pretty sure that that's exactly what it was. And you know what's.
Speaker 5: Interesting, We have the whole Bailey versus USCA double match coming up.
Speaker 3: I know you want to talk about that lovely one.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's actually what's next here.
Speaker 1: I will say this, I Bailey and Oscar in the ring always a good time. I mean, you know it's gonna be a good, good day at the office with these two. They're just pros, absolute pros, pros, and it was a I've enjoyed the match as a whole.
Speaker 4: I really did the ending.
Speaker 1: I expected Bailey to retain and she should retain.
Speaker 4: But my only issue was number one.
Speaker 1: WWE has this really just this bad habit of constant matches ending in roll ups?
Speaker 4: It's like the new DQ. How many roll ups have we seen on Raw? On SmackDown?
Speaker 1: We had like three on Summer Slam last night. I know rollups are a finish, but when you kick somebody in the head six times and do you know crazy moves and DDT's and you know, crush their head into the mat and a roll.
Speaker 3: Up is what ends it.
Speaker 1: I mean, I know what they're doing. They were trying to set the seats for a split. So the match itself, the quality I enjoyed. It was as good as advertised, but the finish left me going, huh, how did Sasha take the bullet for Bailey? But Bailey didn't take the bullet for Sasha. And I'll get into that in a minute two. But what did you think about Bailey and Oscar and the result?
Speaker 5: You know, we actually have a running joke on my channel with the whole roll ups. I think it's at seventy six now roll ups this year.
Speaker 3: Somebody's keeping count.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we have actually keeping count of it, which is so funny. We always joke around how it's the most devastating finisher.
Speaker 3: Even stronger than the RKAO.
Speaker 4: That's what I said.
Speaker 3: You know, it's but hey, Barren Corbin actually has a finish here. I don't think anybody kicked out him.
Speaker 5: But hey, I don't want to get into that, Okay, but you know, I thought the match was okay.
Speaker 3: So here's what I think. Okay, So Bailey versus Oscar.
Speaker 5: They have a really really strong match, and I think the storyline involved the time and by the way, Bailey like whenever I hear someone saying, well, this character doesn't have a gimmick that's working, or this character doesn't have a gimmick that's working. The way I see it is every single character, every single individual, every single wrestler can find something that works for them even if the initial one didn't work. And Bailey has found it. I don't know what it is. It's kind of annoying, but she's found it. She's found kind of her rhythm, and she's found kind of a way that people can actually relate to this different style of her. And I think she's knocking it out of the bar park.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 5: Sometimes I think it's cheesy, it's kind of annoying, but most of the time I think it kind of hits the spots, especially when like Sasha gets thrown on the outside and then she's screaming.
Speaker 3: Sasha is just taking a rest, She's just resting out there. Stop accounting, right.
Speaker 5: Yes, I thought that's kind of funny, But I thought her match was good. It was interesting that once again, like you said, Man, Bailey, the whole kind of helping out or Sasha helping out Bailey and Bailey not kind of kind of doing the same.
Speaker 3: And if you notice the very end of the match with.
Speaker 5: Sasha and Aska, Bailey was getting absolutely stared down by or Sasha. It was not a coincidence, like they zoomed in right at Sasha's face.
Speaker 3: There's something gonna happen tonight.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, And I will say with the Sasha match, there was a lot of submission reversals.
Speaker 3: I thought it was kind of neaked.
Speaker 5: And the one thing maybe if you could kind of talk about this is Sasha made Oscar's finishers kind of look weak, like she got out of some of these Oscar locks like within like one second, and I'm like, oh, okay, I guess that's not gonna.
Speaker 3: End it right there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I saw that it was like are they is she applying like just a simple arm bar. I mean it did not look like it should have probably looked if I was gonna nippick something like that. I mean, but any on anytime Oscar's in the ring. I mean, she is clearly and even viewed by WWE, is one of the top women in WW, top workers, and I'm fine with her capturing the Women's Raw Women's Championship. I actually thought that WW was gonna let this burn even longer and have both women retain and eventually have the payoff when fans can actually be a part of this because they've been building this for quite some time. And I think this is also a storyline that is overachieved with Bailey and Sasha. I don't think anybody expecting them to get this high. Bailey, no, go ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 3: And Oscar took an absolute beating too.
Speaker 5: Man, that little power bomb on the outside, Yeah, smashed her head right down there.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it was definitely a little bit of a blotch there.
Speaker 5: But it's just it's just Osca's been taking a beating now for a while, and she just keeps on getting up and she's so talented, even though her mic skills obviously need some work. It's you know, it's not her fault, right, she's not from this country and all that stuff, so she will.
Speaker 3: That'll get better with overtime.
Speaker 5: But she's just the natural charismatic person individual, not just the character, and it shows off really well. That's why she continues to get pushed like she does.
Speaker 1: And I'm actually it's weird. I was super annoyed by the fact that I didn't understand her at first. You actually it's it's it's bizarre, like I'm actually okay with her, only annoying a limited amount in English now because it's almost like she's annoyingly charming, and that's the only way that I can phrase what Oscar has been come.
Speaker 4: She's she's annoying.
Speaker 1: It's annoying that you can't understand her, but it's super charm because she's just so charismatic, just so's she's like a walking cartoon. I mean, her facials are just way overdone, but it's actually works. It's like so bad that it's good.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: And her obviously in ring speaks for itself. She's one of the top women in w W and there's no doubt about it. But I was gonna say, with Bailey, her heel character when she turned heel, I think she kind of felt a little lost.
Speaker 4: They didn't really know what to do with her.
Speaker 1: She was coming out with her head down and she you know, had a public slaying of the Bailey buddies and she didn't know where to go. And I think that you're right, she's found that rhythm. She has defined what she is, which is kind of like just she's she's just super comfortable. She's super and you can see it that she's super comfortable out there with Sasha. But the one thing I was gonna bring up with these two matches is that they said that Sasha took the billet for Bailey, but Bailey wouldn't return the favor. Well, I didn't really understand that because with Oscar going to the rope and one of them moving out of the way, why wouldn't she get caught up in the rope even further if that person just moved out of the way, if if someone was there, Like, how is it taking the bullet for somebody if you're behind them? That doesn't make sense? Like to me, it was like, wait, no, you're behind them. You're not taking the bullet if you're behind somebody. So that logic, I know what they're going for.
Speaker 4: I'll roll with it.
Speaker 1: But it just didn't make a whole lot of sense there with trying to draw a wedge in between these two when it just didn't make sense that way. But Sasha winning or Sasha losing I think sets up for them to lose their tag team belts at payback.
Speaker 5: Hey, Matt, if we ever have a situation, I'll take a bullet for you just like that. Man, I'll just stand right behind you all care.
Speaker 4: You know that's hilarious.
Speaker 1: I said that, I said, that's the equivalent of me saying to somebody, yeah, I'm gonna take a bullet for you, but I'm gonna stand behind you.
Speaker 4: That's exactly what it is. So it's ridiculous. Any final thoughts on these two matches.
Speaker 3: No, I think that's pretty good. That was a pretty good run there by the way, really good, nice stuff.
Speaker 1: Oh god, I mean sometimes it just it fires me up when I see these things. I know what they're doing and I get it, but it's just like, come on, man, all right, now we get to the big two here, Drew mcintyren Randy Orton. I'm gonna let you take this one first.
Speaker 5: Well, we're not talking about Apollo versus every.
Speaker 4: Oh well, I mean that's the main event.
Speaker 3: So I want to say that I'm just joking it to be honest.
Speaker 5: No, you know what, Drew McIntyre and Randy Orton, Man, it was a hard hitting match. I thought they absolutely beat the living hell out of each other. But the main thing I want to talk about, especially with you mann On this is wasn't it nice and reassuring and kind of enjoyable that we had a big match like this That wasn't a finisher spam. It wasn't literally just spamming finisher after finisher, going after you know, the claymore the RKO, over and over and over and over, hitting people, kicking out every two seconds. They didn't connect with any of their finishers, and for that it felt more like an actual wrestling match, and that's something.
Speaker 3: I enjoyed about it. I thought it was a little slow.
Speaker 5: At times, but I just loved that it was a big a big event, a big match, and it wasn't just you know, oh, let's kick out of the finisher spam.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: You're listening to the WWE podcast. We'll be right back after this short break.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm. That's exactly what I thought it was.
Speaker 1: It was like a palette cleanser for what was coming up after this match. I mean, because you knew when we get to that with the Fiend and Stroman and there was gonna be a kickout a finisher kickout fest, and we got some of that, but we'll save that for a minute.
Speaker 4: I agree it was a little slow at times, and.
Speaker 1: There was always there's always that obligatory like ten minute Randy Orton rear chin lock in the middle of the ring. I mean, that's just what he does. Like that is the Randy Orton special. Is that rear chin lock. So yeah, I mean there were some slow spots, but you know what, I'm okay with that because that allows you to take what's going on and digest it. I think a lot of what's going on in today's version of pro wrestling, AW WWE, wherever whatever promotion that things go too fast. I mean it's always about the spots, the spots, the spots instead of a psychology. Yeah, like I want to know what's going on, I want to care instead of it's really more focused on athleticism than emotional investment, which to me is very superficial. Like you didn't see this back in the nineties, early two thousands, and you'd say a five star match with maybe Austin and Triple H that none of them, not one of them went to the top rope. I mean, like so that you could have a five star match without you know, four to fifty splashes and eleven suicide dives, like it's possible. But I love this match from start to finish as far as the entering psychology, the pacing was very well done.
Speaker 4: The finish that.
Speaker 1: I said this in my review, my quick review last night. I don't know the last time we've had a match, especially on a pay per view format, the last time of match happened that a finisher actually didn't connect.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I don't know the last.
Speaker 3: Time that happened either. I can't figure it out.
Speaker 1: No, So I think it was brilliantly done.
Speaker 4: I'm I was a bit.
Speaker 1: I was a bit concerned about Randy Orton losing because I think Randy Orton to me, is hotter as a heel.
Speaker 4: Then Drew McIntyre is as hot as a babyface.
Speaker 1: So to me, I would have actually put the belt on Randy, even though I loved Drew's champion. It was almost like they couldn't lose in who they chose. But to me, Randy Orton is champion. Would have superseded Drew retaining the belt.
Speaker 4: Do you agree?
Speaker 3: I agree?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I agree. I thought Randy Orton was gonna win this man. He was absolutely white hot. He's been so good.
Speaker 3: You know when a wrestler is so good, like you.
Speaker 5: Watch a guy like CM Punk when he's cutting promos on wrestlers, not during a promo period. But in the middle of a match, that's when you know someone has transcended or at least went back to kind of like that old style of Randy Orton. And he was cutting promos on guys like Andrade and Garza and like stuff like that outside of the ring during a match.
Speaker 3: Yes, and it was so good.
Speaker 5: And when you see stuff like that, you see Randy with all the stuff he did with Edge. You see Randy Orton the way he's cutting promos with Rick Flair, who, by the way, Rick Flair could still cut a prole like.
Speaker 3: The best of them, I gotta admit.
Speaker 5: And you know, I thought personally Randy was gonna win this one because of how hot he was. But at least now it once again establishes Drew McIntyre as not just another guy he beat. Now Randy Orton at the top of his game. And it makes me wonder what's next for Drew McIntyre and Randy Orton.
Speaker 3: Man, what do you think?
Speaker 1: Well, I think they're gonna up the any I mean at Payback. I mean it's clearly going to be a rematch. I don't I would think cipularly, I mean, street fight's an easy an easy way to say, but I would I don't know, steel cage. I'm not sure. I would say just a street fight. I mean typically, I mean that's the pro wrestling logic where you have a normal fight, or you a standard wrestling match, then you up the any to like an O D street fight whatever, and then it goes to like steel cage or maybe like a lumberjack. I don't know, but to me, it's probably gonna be a no DQ match.
Speaker 4: And I'm just.
Speaker 1: A little bit concerned because Randy Orton lost this on a backslide, so I was just complaining about roll up. I'm gonna put this in the same category as roll ups. However, however, I will give this one a pass only because only because it's a way that still kind of I guess a little bit preserves Randy Orton's just white hot heat that he's done an awesome job of nw's credit of getting over the last six months. So it preserves it a little bit because you didn't get to see Randy get his head kicked off it was you could you can preserve that as Okay, well, he lost, but it wasn't in the exact way that I wanted him to lose, So now you're gonna want to tune in to see that actually happen. But to me, I would not have Randy Orton lose at all until Edge returned, Like that's how I would have booked it, and with Edge coming back maybe in the.
Speaker 4: Next few months, I would have just waited.
Speaker 1: But nonetheless, they still did it, and I'm fine with it because I think their next next match is going to be that much better and I think Randy Orton probably captures the belt the next time these two meet in a week.
Speaker 5: And originally, when I saw the little backslide there finish, I'm like, huh, I'm like, maybe they'll maybe they kind of screwed that up, And I went back and I looked at it and I'm like, no, that was actually the finish because.
Speaker 3: It seemed to kind of come out of nowhere.
Speaker 5: Like I know, they set up a kind of a nice reversal spot there at the end, but I didn't think that that kind of finish was going to be possible in that big of a match. So when you see something like that, it does make you wonder, Hm, that's that's very interesting. But overall, I thought the match was good enough and it does set up a feature storyline here Randy kind of got caught, right, So who knows what they're gonna do next. I just hope it's going to be a pretty good feud, and right now it's it's been pretty solid overall, and I just want to want it to continue to be a hard hitting affair. And for the next gimmick match, I don't know. I don't think it's gonna be a street fight. I think maybe been doing so many street fights now, I feel like there's a street fight like almost every week on Raw or some sort of pay per view. So I'm not sure what they're gonna go next. But maybe an I quit match, maybe something cool like that, but who knows.
Speaker 1: Man, Yeah, yeah, I could see that happening. And again I'm not I'm not happy Randy Orton lost, but I will say this, I don't know the last time Randy Orton had to finish or hit on him and then lost the match.
Speaker 4: And I'm not.
Speaker 1: Counting WrestleMania against Edge because that was backstage and not really a wrestling match. That was more of just like find your nearest object than slam them into it for forty minutes, So you know, I don't even know the last time Randy Orton lost clean in the middle of a ring after being hit with a finish, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I mean it's a.
Speaker 1: Pre COVID era, so he still has a lot of heat. I'm sure getting on the mic or kicking somebody's head off again tonight will put that right back into in its place. And maybe he does that to Drew McIntyre and he's you know, questionable for payback or something, and he's you know, groggy during the match.
Speaker 3: That maybe they do that.
Speaker 1: But so onto the main event we have the Fiend versus Bronze Stroman again. I'm gonna toss this one to you because I'm very interested to hear about what your thoughts are on this that we thought was going to be a finisher kickout fest, and I guess we got some of that for sure.
Speaker 5: Look at all the work I'm putting in, man, do I get paid for this or what?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Checking the nail?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, you know what.
Speaker 3: I'll be honest, man, I've always been a really honest guy. I thought it was extremely disappointing. I didn't really I didn't really enjoy that. I didn't like the pace of the match. I thought it was really slow.
Speaker 5: I've kind of seen the whole Excuse me, I've kind of seen the whole you know, fiend kicking out at one stuff, which is fine, Like I don't really have too much of a problem with that originally, but you know, it's kind of like the same thing now with the Fiends matches where he kind of looks strong. This is you know, kind of little gimmick stuff. He kicks out at one and then he has a couple of nice outside spots with some damage and you know, good facial reactions overall. But overall, I just I don't know, man like Braunze Stroman as well.
Speaker 3: I thought it was hard hitting for sure.
Speaker 5: I definitely think they put in a decent, you know, work in overall, but it just didn't connect with me. Maybe I'm completely off on this. I'm not sure if you feel the same way, Matt, but.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I feel like it just it didn't really connect with me overall.
Speaker 5: I feel like they could have done something more dramatic, especially after that got awful chokeslam they had on SmackDown there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was I mean, you could tell he fell into like a big pad. I mean, and you know, and it was that that whole thing was unsmackdown was just I mean, it was it was kind of laughable. But yeah, nonetheless, this match, it did certainly underwhelm. I would have put Drew veroru Th Wharton as the main event had the Roman reigns interference or an interference, but post match return didn't happen, and I see why they did it. But again I was a bit underwhelmed by this too. I don't think that it lived up to the hype that I think they did a pretty good job of telling the story. And now that this is their third match, this tells me that this this program's over. I mean, typically three matches as standard. I don't see them going a fourth only because well, I mean, payback is around the corner. They could do something, but I think this has probably run its course. I mean, after you bring out the children's host of bray Whitet, then you bring back the swamp cult leader, and then you bring back the Fiend, there's really nowhere to go now. And it seems like this monster character that broun Stroman has brought out is not just an act by Braun. It seems like he has truly turned and turned heel. I think that's it's probably where he's gonna stay. Given Roman Reigns is now back.
Speaker 4: There's a baby face spot to pick.
Speaker 1: Up, and that's where I think Roman Reigns enters. And I think that Randy or or Randy Orton Roman Reigns is.
Speaker 4: Gonna pick that up pretty well.
Speaker 1: I mean he looks yeah, yeah, well Now let me ask you this. And I mentioned this last night and my Quick Hits show, like, did Roman Rains get his teeth redone?
Speaker 4: Or Am I making that up?
Speaker 5: I think so too, man, I actually saw that too. I'm like, damn, he's he has some pretty nice looking teeth all of a sudden, I'm like, what happened? Like he obviously got some good work done. I guess that's what you could do in the time off, right, he was gone for quite a long time. I will I will say this though, Man, you're saying that kind of progress. You know, this is the third match now, I think there's I think it's still gonna happen, but not in the way you're thinking, maybe even so much to say that it's gonna be a triple threat match between Roman Reigns, Braunch Stroman and the Fiend coming up pretty soon here. I'm not sure if they're gonna do that at Payback, but I would like to see a triple threat match because at least if and I I hope it doesn't happen. You got to build up the Fiend with the title for a long time. But if, if Roman Reigns has to take the title, at least in a way, a triple threat match type style with him not actually getting pinned would be, I guess, somewhat acceptable. I don't know, man, Like, what do you think about Roman Reigns.
Speaker 1: He's he's back, He's back many I will say he looks the best he's ever looked.
Speaker 4: He look he's got to.
Speaker 1: Be put on like thirty pounds of muscle, I mean number one, Like he is a much bigger dude. I like that he cut his hair and it's not like, you know, halfway down to his ass like.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 1: I like that he's actually he looks a little different. His shirt was pretty cool. I hope he changes up his ring gear a little bit, like I hope he doesn't, you know, he drops the tactical vest like I need him to evolve a little bit and I think that's one of the issues that fans have had with Roman reigns. And I could do like a you know, a four hour show on this whole subject. But I think one of the deals with Roman and the resentment fans have had is he has not changed at all since he left the Shield at all. And if this is a great opportunity to kind of repackage him a little bit. And I was very surprised to see him. I think had that the crowd been actually there, I think he would have got a pretty damn good pop.
Speaker 4: I'll say that.
Speaker 3: My god. You know, it's what's weird.
Speaker 5: Here's what's weird, especially with me, like me personally, like on my channel, like I've had many videos back in the day like this is like a year year, two years ago, three years ago or whatever. I've had videos where I'm just I don't know, Like I've criticized Rains with the same stuff.
Speaker 3: He was getting over pushed, over booked.
Speaker 5: They always tried to make him things and never never really put people over as much as I would like to see. And then he's gone for a while, he comes back, you know.
Speaker 3: He's a little he's a little bit better.
Speaker 5: I think his work was pretty decent before he kind of left again, you know, due to the whole pandemic stuff. And when he came back like this time around and at Summer Slam, and it was a complete seecret in a surprise. I don't know, man, Like the emotion came out of me and I'm like, man, he really is just an enormous star in this business. Because as a guy who's not the biggest Roman Reigns fan, I went absolutely crazy. I was marking out like crazy for Roman Reigns coming back. And then I realized after I'm like, oh.
Speaker 3: My god, I was marking ye.
Speaker 1: I felt my soul, Yeah, my soul was hurting, and I'm like, what am I? Why am I rooting for Roman Reigns right now? And it's because I think it's one of those deals of absence makes the heart grow fonder, right, And I think that's one of the big things he's been gone since before WrestleMania, and him attacking bronz Stroman makes sense given how he left that broun Stroman just immediately slipped in and faced Goldberg and that was never explained and I had a big issue with that that that was never explained how he gets in the main event of WrestleMania, and maybe they explained that and that was one of the griefs that he had, and they get right into Roman Reigns versus the Fiend. But you're right, I think it could be a triple threat. But to me, I think if bron Stroman is heel and bray Wyane is heel, what if they joined forces? Right, Like, what if they joined forces against Roman Reigns.
Speaker 4: I mean it's possible.
Speaker 5: Superhero Rains returns to to crush the Fiend and brush one right, look at Vince's That's something got with scare me beyond words. I know you're not talking about a match specifically, but no, I here's here's what's weird about all this. Like we kind of had a double turn, right, and like no one kind of realized there was a double turn, Like I don't know no one, but like a lot of people didn't realize, Like the Fiend in a weird way kind of turned like baby Face and then the Strowman, I guess, is like full blown heel now.
Speaker 3: And it's like no one was.
Speaker 5: Really talking about it other than the fact that he's a monster now. But like it wasn't like kind.
Speaker 3: Of pushed as like a big heel turn. So Roman Ring.
Speaker 5: Comes comes back now, And I know I'm not sure about like your your your channel here, but on my channel, everybody's like, oh, when Roman Rains turned heel turned heel, I'm like, I don't think he turned heel on all. I think it's the opposite. I think he just has more of an aggression kind of gimmick going on as a face going against these you know, two individuals where a fiend who knows, but Bron's clearly a heel now, right, Like, I don't know, what do you think.
Speaker 1: Matt, Yeah, I've heard it, and I understand the argument for him turning heel.
Speaker 4: I get it.
Speaker 1: Which is would be a perfect tagline for you never saw it coming, You'll never see it coming, and no one would ever see a Roman range return and heel turn coming at the same time. That would truly be something no one ever saw coming. So if it is now, I'll address that first. It is truly a heel turn. Hey, I've been advocating for Roman Rains to turn heel for like four years, ever since the Philadelphia twenty fifteen World Rumble where you got boot out of the building and the rock couldn't even save his ass. I have been just inching for a Roman Raine Hill turn that has been desperately needed, and I think still hurts him to this day.
Speaker 4: With that said, if he's.
Speaker 1: Not turning, heel and it is just the same old Roman Reigns, this is a great opportunity to kind of make him the anti hero, to make an edge on that character. As I said earlier, to evolve the character. We need something more.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, please don't.
Speaker 1: Give me the same old you know, Roman Reigns that comes out, says three words, gets interrupted because theyn' trust him to cut a good promo and then just does a spear, does eight Superman punches. I don't need that guy, and I hope they've at least evolved him into something that is a little bit more relatable, a little bit more human than just kind of like a video game character that an eight year old is, you know, is controlling at home.
Speaker 4: I mean that's what he felt like.
Speaker 5: And so Matt, you're not telling me he's not gonna come out and say, hey, this is my.
Speaker 1: Dome now, jeez, no, please, please, oh god no. But actually, while we're on the subject. I only only got a few minutes. What did you think of the Thunderdome? What do you think of it so far? It's a format that's going to continue for indefinitely.
Speaker 5: I was actually curious what you think because me personally, I think because of the just an immense amount of like they didn't have many technical problems. I so expected there's going to be so many technical problems when they actually set this up. And the fact that they haven't really had that many technical problems, that's that's pretty exciting in a way, because I thoughtly looked pretty good. Like it definitely does add to the whole mindy I raw pay per view and SmackDown experience. It definitely does make a clear divide on you know, like the undercard like type stuff.
Speaker 3: And even though NXT's you know, doing.
Speaker 5: Pretty well and you know, there's there's definitely seems to be like a transition now, you know, moving up to the main roster. I personally enjoy it. I didn't think I was gonna enjoy it originally when.
Speaker 3: I saw the concept pictures, it looked pretty kind of bad. But when now they.
Speaker 5: When they change the camera angles, they're doing different type of camera angles.
Speaker 3: I think it's definitely better than I expected.
Speaker 1: What do you think, man, Yeah, I will say it's nice to see faces in the crowd that are actually WW fans and not the nxt quote robots that WW puts out there, and they cheer who they're supposed to cheer, their boo who they're supposed to boo, and it's nice to see that there's actual fans there. It is a bit distracting, and maybe that'll go away because it's new, but it is a bit distracting to me where I'm watching a match, but I'm also trying to see, like, what's you.
Speaker 4: Know, this random person doing? What are these?
Speaker 3: What are these?
Speaker 1: You know, I'm like focusing in on different people really just to see like, yeah, I don't know, maybe that's just the way my brain work, And I'm like, I wonder if someone's doing something hilarious or something maybe they shouldn't be doing, like and I'm sure W obviously is monitoring these things that will shut somebody off if they do something, you know, obscene of course, but I'm a little distracted by it, and again that'll probably go away with time, but I'm fine. The only thing is it's missing the crowd noise and we it's really again, I understand why they aren't allowing audio from individual, you know, like five hundred random people.
Speaker 4: I get it.
Speaker 1: I understand the liability of it. Awful, it would be a really bad idea. At the same time, that, to me is the soul of what of w What any pro wrestling or any sporting event is is the crowd noise. And yes, you have the visual of the people there, but you don't have the crowd noise. And WWE gets to live out their fantasy of piping in exactly the crowd reaction that they would like to hear from every superstar, and they're just living out their fantasy right now without having fans being able to ruin whatever plans that they have and boo who.
Speaker 4: They're supposed to cheer, and cheer who they're supposed to boo.
Speaker 5: So honestly, the white noise situation too, Matt, like, there is some sort of white noise that going around there. They're definitely pumping something in there, which in a weird way because I'm not sure if you watch hockey, but they they're they're doing something similar in NHL, and they're kind of piping in this kind of like static white noise, kind of cheering type type noise, and I think it definitely helps a bit. But at the same time, like you know, like when Roman raing, like back when Roman Rains came back, right, it was kind of fun. It was kind of funny, right because he comes back. And then for the first time, I didn't hear that cheer of the crowd when he's kind of coming out of nowhere, you know, that ramp kind of like that oh my god, and then happens yep, we didn't get that. It was just the announcers going crazy. And then the same with the kind of the static. So I think the audio there kind of needs work.
Speaker 3: And I didn't mean to interrupt you.
Speaker 5: I do apologize for that, but for the for the video part of it especially, I think there needs to be a very clear, concise background that everybody has to follow.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it's blue or red.
Speaker 5: Maybe if it's blue for SmackDown, red for someone, and that way, at least it's gonna look everybody's gonna kind of have their own background. I think they'll make it look a little bit better on the TV. And also, like you said, it hurts your eyes a little bit, right, I think that's something personally that it would fix the distraction. But you know, it's it's one of those things like it's it's never no one knew, no one really knew was gonna be perfect. But it's still, in my opinion, an upgrade of what they had before. For sure, not obviously live live fans, but what they had before.
Speaker 4: God, I miss a lot. I miss live fans and everything I see it's killer.
Speaker 1: It's killer, man, I mean, especially in pro wrestling, and I'm big, I'm MLB fan.
Speaker 4: I don't watch in NHL so much.
Speaker 1: But I would say this that maybe this is just a suggestion to we Hey, you can obviously cut the audio. There's no audio streaming from the person that's watching, and rightfully so. But maybe they have like three buttons that they can push, and you know, one is to cheer, one is to boo. One is like a clapping noise or something, and that way if they want, even if it's very very very subtle, if you have a lot of people doing it, you know, again, it's just a suggestion to make actual crowd noise. I don't know, but I missed live fans, and so one last thing, because I know we're running against.
Speaker 3: The clock here it we can go as long as you want.
Speaker 1: My friend, I have to ask about Retribution. That was a no show, Like where the hell was retributions?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: These faceless, nameless and uh just countless because now they're just like you know, there's five of them, there's ten of them, and then there's twenty of them. There's really no set number, the number one. I'm surprised that they're not. They weren't at Summer Slum, the second biggest pay per view of the year. You'd think they'd want to make a big impact doing something. What do you think about this storyline so far? Where the hell is it going?
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't think the w w W cares anymore.
Speaker 5: I think once, come on, man, the moment, Oh I'm gonna get excited.
Speaker 3: Here here we go.
Speaker 5: The moment when they did the whole toilet joke behind the scenes with Retribution.
Speaker 3: In my in my opinion, that's when Retribution died. I have so little care of Retribution.
Speaker 5: Guy coming out with the chainsaw, cutting the rope, with the chainsaw, lifting his.
Speaker 3: Head so happy. Oh my god, I cut the ropes with the chainsaw. I'm so excited. Let's cut the second rope and the third rope. I'm so cool.
Speaker 5: Even though all of them are five foot seven, none of them are really doing anything. They're just kind of just kind of screaming nonchalantly for no point, attacking Michael Cole. I guess I like that part, But overall, I think the Retribution storyline died with the toilet joke.
Speaker 3: I wanted to love them.
Speaker 5: I wanted to bat I'm telling you, my friend, I wanted to love them so much.
Speaker 3: I'm like, nice, Retribution's coming out. That's exciting.
Speaker 5: Two weeks later, Oh my god, Retribution's coming out.
Speaker 3: I just can't.
Speaker 5: My heart can't do this. Man, So like, who's the leader? Who's the leader of Retribution? Man, who's it gonna be? Prony Lee from ae W's gonna come out with the Dark Order bag Team?
Speaker 4: These the Exalted One.
Speaker 1: I mean, listen, I I really I was. I was intrigued, and I'm still willing, although less so now, to give this an opportunity to flesh itself out again. It's been what like three weeks, three weeks maybe four weeks since this whole time. I admire you my friend, I am admire patient wrestling fan. If the story arc makes sense and it's still again we the problem is we don't know anything, And even Michael Cole said, we still don't know what they want. Well, yeah, if we don't know what they want, then I don't care. Like if they're not going to give them an identity, if you're not going to do anything other than just play off the real world events of what's going on and throw cylinder blocks through windows and turnover cars and throw Molotov cocktails and all that stuff, which is honestly very dangerous territory. If your ww I'm very surprised I even went this road considering the actual things that are going on right now in the world. I mean, it's ballsy, It's really ballsy because it can go sour real easily. But with all that being said, I don't know what they are for. We know that they don't like WWA because they're not just attacking superstars. They're attacking fans, which I mean, lol to the actual it's not the real fans. I mean they attack the NXT trainees. They went after the announcers a couple of weeks in a row. They went after the production crew. I mean, so they don't have an agenda of who they're after. They just have WWE and then they put a strike through we don't like this company, so they're out for some kind of retribution. I don't know what the hell these people what this is for. I will say WWE, for all their money and billions of dollars that they have have hired the worst cracked security team in the history of security teams, and just like these just absolutely like unintimidating, just completely useless security guards standing there and letting these people come into the building. They've had guys like not even be chased out of the building. Honestly, how is WWE not have a lawsuit for an unsafe work environment? I mean, they they're in the arena, then they're backstage, but then security guards are guarding the entrance. It makes no sense whatsoever. And not only that, they also retribution also kind of as an entrance of flickering the lights to let you know that we're coming. So so, does somebody have a power grid button?
Speaker 4: Does somebody is somebody standing.
Speaker 1: There at the light switch going like flipping the lights on and off to let everyone know, Hey, we're coming, here's a warning. If you're going to actually attack somebody without letting them know, wouldn't yo not want to let them know you're coming. So who's playing with the power grid every time before they come out? I mean, it's this is now, I'm getting on a bit of a hot streak.
Speaker 5: Let God saves going to the security guard. He's all right, guys, I don't really need the security guards. I'll take it from here. He stands there, and then the next segment, Oh, I got a match. I guess, like go up to the middle. I'm like the security guards the book.
Speaker 3: That I don't nothing happened, get it? It's that you know. I want to I wanna, Matt.
Speaker 5: I'm telling you, I want to have the same hope that you have with the retribution. I want that to turn this around. But like if they've already broke my heart, you can't do it. With the toilet joke, you can't do it.
Speaker 1: It was a funny joke, but not for not for what they are supposed to be. No, and we the thing is, who is supposed to care about somebody? They don't even know any not a single person that's in this group. We have no idea who anybody is. And I know we're supposed to have more questions than answers, but we have no answers, which means I don't have any questions, which means I'm.
Speaker 3: Starting to care.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean people will spect, you'll, let's see him. Punk could be the miss he comes out at the end and he doesn't really you know. I mean I've heard many, many, many different things. Or it could be somebody we've never seen in our lives. This thing could be a really good storyline. It has a very small window now of actually working, and they better do something because I care less and less every week now, kind of like we'rew underground, Like I don't know what the hell that is either.
Speaker 4: It's kind of like a what's that?
Speaker 3: See, I'm plugged? Do I have your attention?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh god, that's very true.
Speaker 1: But all right, well, I think we'll end it there. Again, I want to thank you for coming on, but before you go, let everyone my listeners know where they can find you again on YouTube.
Speaker 5: Hey guys, so if you guys want to check out my content on YouTube. First of all, thank you so much for having me. I had an unbelievably good time. I feel like we have really good chemistry together as well. Thought that was a blast. If you guys want to find me, I am the Botch Guy. That's that's who I am. You can find me on YouTube literally just type in the Botch Guy you you will see me right there. You can subscribe right there, and I do live streams. My community posts are very very active. I pretty much have questions there every single day for the community, and I also make videos over there.
Speaker 3: So thanks for letting me do that plug.
Speaker 5: I appreciate it, Matt, and I had an absolutely great time with you, man.
Speaker 4: No, absolutely, this is fun. We'll definitely have to do this again.
Speaker 1: And maybe I'll make a little bit of an appearance on your on your show sometime.
Speaker 3: Oh are you ready for that? I hope, I hope you standing to bring to the product there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I'll see if you know, seriously, I'm gonna have to grab a red Bull or something. It's especially if it's late at night. It's gonna be It's gonna be a fun time, that's for sure. So well, thanks again for coming on and we will be in touch very soon.
Speaker 3: My pleasure.
Speaker 4: All right, take care take care.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to the WWE Podcast. Don't forget to subscribe on your favorite podcast app so you don't miss a show, or head to wwepodcast dot com and for all of these shows add free head over to Patreon dot com slash WWE podcast. Until then, we'll see you next time.