Speaker 1: Derby one fifty one is in the books. Louisville turns the page on stuff real quick. Bye bye Derby, Bye bye Derby.
Speaker 2: Too, Star Wars Day yesterday.
Speaker 3: See that's my timeline.
Speaker 1: So here's my algorithm on Facebook, pretty pictures of pretty people at the Derby, May the fourth be with you, leaves yes, and detox ads yes.
Speaker 3: Right, that's it.
Speaker 1: That's my three the algorithm for the fifty six year old white male in Louisville, Kentucky.
Speaker 3: Are those three things all day long?
Speaker 2: I went to church yesterday, greeted, stayed for the sermon, went home May Jumbalaya, and then I laid on the ground all day long, didn't move. I'm still tired though.
Speaker 1: I didn't know how many detoxs stuff there is, and I didn't need I didn't know how many. I didn't know how much I needed a detox on these ads, and I didn't know that I needed to energize my brain with blue.
Speaker 3: Something said methylene blue blue.
Speaker 2: I'm interested. We might have to get Carl Leonora on to talk about that, because I'm getting served these ads non stop.
Speaker 1: Man, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know either, all right.
Speaker 1: So the biggest mystery from Derby Day wasn't who's gonna win the race? Matter of fact, I had five across the board on sovereignty the winner.
Speaker 2: Oh, I bet sovereignty, but I haven't seen the results yet.
Speaker 1: And yeah one okay. And and by the way, how many horses did I bet? John Alden, I bet what.
Speaker 3: You cannot claim that you won.
Speaker 1: The you picked the winner if you bet ten of the twenty horses. Oh, okay, to understand me, John, how many horses did you bet?
Speaker 4: I bet one and they didn't do very well, cold good.
Speaker 2: You should bet.
Speaker 1: You cannot claim if you are going to bet to some people, bet.
Speaker 3: All of them and go ahead the winter. Now you didn't, No, you didn't.
Speaker 2: The only horse that I intended to bet was friend of the show Chuck Weaver. And several others sent me messages saying, hey, in the second race, there's a horse called Generous Lover. Oh everybody, and I said, everybody said ay these messages, I said, I gotta bet it. Well, I was doing interviews and I lost track of time. I didn't bet it. And of course it comes at place.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, Uh. The biggest mystery.
Speaker 1: Let's get back to the biggest mystery was not who was going to win the Kentucky Derby John Alden. The biggest mystery was was that Mitch McConnell with Wright Winton.
Speaker 4: That's the very first question I asked mister Whitten when he came into my studio minutes ago.
Speaker 2: Do you two realize how many people over the past two days had said, who did the Mitch McConnell rush for you? Yeah, and this and that about the Mitch McConnell bit.
Speaker 1: We did that on the air. We introd it, correct, John, We said correct, we don't know. We introed the bit by not Ben's interview. We introded it by saying, we're not sure if this is Mitch piccconnell or not. Let's let it play. We played, We came back, we were laughing. We were like, I don't know who played Mitch McConnell, but it was dead on it was it was Mitch McConnell.
Speaker 3: It was actually Mitch McConnell.
Speaker 4: Yeah, kudos to you, mister Wick, Thank you.
Speaker 2: Thank you being there.
Speaker 1: Good for him.
Speaker 2: It was a short interview. It was a short interview. And then you know Capitol police and local police they have there's a couple of bruises from me getting said interview, But it was worth it. Tell them it was worth it.
Speaker 1: Did you see the semi truck dangling from the bridge yesterday? No?
Speaker 3: Another one, another one, this one.
Speaker 1: This one's coming up to the Kennedy, you know the Kennedy and the and the Lincoln split right there. So when you come up in between those two things, the semi went over and the cab is hanging on the side that it's it's very similar to what happened a couple of months ago. This is nine thirty in the morning the day after Derby. You imagine getting that call if you're a firefighter.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, we longy award poor LMPD NonStop for three.
Speaker 3: Non stop, and now we've got this dangling thing.
Speaker 4: That happening one time is rare enough, but to happen twice in less than a year's time span seems like nonsense.
Speaker 2: I think we need tougher bridge.
Speaker 4: Laws, tougher bridges, better training people from going off the side of the road.
Speaker 1: Better training for truck tracker.
Speaker 4: That's true.
Speaker 2: True. I want to get back to Derby because I ran into several LMPD and several former LMPD, and I wanted to get stories of derby passed well. I ran into Doug Sweeney, Dug Sweeney's now with Louisville Metro sake and so at the time he was lieutenant and he was out. He said it was twenty thirteen, and how do I not remember this? He said, the weather got so bad that they had to evacuate all fifty thousand plus people in the infield in twenty thirteen. And this was interesting. It wasn't just the lightning, but the rain was coming down so hard that these damn tunnels were getting water in them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember that.
Speaker 2: I don't remember it, but I remember what I had for breakfast this morning. So any rate, Doug Swinney says that they evacuate all of these people, right, and LMPD standing at the entrances of all these tunnels and anybody to get in the infield, just make sure nobody gets to keep everybody sat. And somebody, says Lieutenant Sweney. Look out there. He looked, and one of the porter potty doors were just barely opening, and some guy had passed out in the port.
Speaker 1: Can oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: So he goes in the port of putty can and fifty thousand people around, and he comes out and everybody's gone, oh my god. He said. The guy just kind of like stumbles around, confused. But then he looked up and he saw all the rich people in their seats and got a big smile on his face, start waving, and then twin and then went and got him safe to safety.
Speaker 1: I had a buddy with a very similar story. He said he was jumping up and down trying to see a horse, because that was the thing. Go on the infield, you won't see a horse. Yeah, he's jumping up down trying to seal a horse. And that's the last thing he remembers, and he's waking. He's been woken up by that. You have those schools that that are paid to clean up the infield, and these guys are kicking hive and going, dude, get up, dude, you gotta go home. That was what he remembered.
Speaker 2: He was like, what did Obviously the infield was muddy, but uh no, it was fine. Yeah, it's all it's people are going to.
Speaker 1: It's all covered and picnic tables and fine bars and everything. So it's not it's not what the infield used to be and that's fine. No, the broadcast was great. Leland Conway, by the way, thanks for coming and hanging out with us. Austin Montgomery was great. He killed it at the infield or in the infield interviews. Uh and you're Mitch McConnell. High lights on the broadcast there, okay? Uh okay. So there were bad news is We had Sanders on from l MPD on Friday, I know, yes, so we we talked about how crime has been down for the year, but more importantly on Derby weekend it's been kind of quiet the last couple of years. Five dead in shootings and stabbings over the weekend, minus the you know, well violent.
Speaker 2: Here's what I'll say to that. Uh, years ago, years ago, Central was the biggest derby party. Yeah, and it was scary and it was dangerous and lots of stuff bad happened there. So at one point ALLENBD said, there's no more Central. So guess what we did. We stopped going to Central. And it's you know, tumbleweeds this broadway. It's been a problem for decades.
Speaker 1: You need to shut it down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just shut it down.
Speaker 1: Why not?
Speaker 3: You know, why not?
Speaker 1: Why not?
Speaker 3: I mean it's it's you're right.
Speaker 1: Well, part of the why they shut down Central is because Churchill down said we need more roads. We're gonna buy every damn house on this road and bulldoze it, which is what they did, and they made it from two two lanes to five. Yeah, so uh that was part of it. Can't buy a.
Speaker 4: Broadway and uh no, I guess, I guess you can't.
Speaker 3: But you can't block it off.
Speaker 1: You could say, look, if you can't act right, we're gonna, yeah, the streets closed off.
Speaker 3: Go But here's the thing, we're over to Oker.
Speaker 2: Wherever Muhammad al le I was just turned into something else.
Speaker 1: But it's sad that they got to turn Derby weekend into death and destruction.
Speaker 3: Uh, it's crazy. Five dead over the weekend?
Speaker 2: Is it every year?
Speaker 1: No? They just about no, they they Well, we talked about with Sanders on Friday that the had a couple of good years. Literally said to him, Broadway's been kind of quiet the last couple of years. Did he was, I did, It's my fault, and then happy sinkle to mile.
Speaker 2: Before here. Now we'll get back to this, but I want to talk about Chief Humphrey. He was uh, he was raw and real about the events on Broadway.
Speaker 1: He was and he.
Speaker 2: Called the people that respond I spoke exactly what you need to be called. Yeah, idiots, Yeah, idiots. And I mean he was well done. Cheef Humphrey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you get the chief from a swat, they don't mince words.
Speaker 3: No, Yeah, we had some idiots last night on Broadway.
Speaker 1: That was his quote. Yeah, and he's right, he's got to turn a great weekend for Louisville and all that. And again, it's like I talked with Joe earlier, there's no bigger difference than that divide. You know, there are how many private jets at the airport? Right? I mean I'm trying to guess. I used to think it was like thirty. I think it's more than that. And you have that kind of side of the decadence and money and everyone's gorgeous and these million dollar horses, and the broadcast, which was really good. I really appreciate everybody and everybody's hard work. John Alden ran the show back here for how many jobs?
Speaker 4: Ten to five?
Speaker 3: Oh, ten to five?
Speaker 1: So good job. You were awesome. You were awesome. Yeah, it was great.
Speaker 3: All hands on deck for for the and all hands on deck.
Speaker 2: Oh deck, Okay, I thought I missed something for a minute.
Speaker 1: Yes, so we might be getting a Fiesta pack. But I want to eat what you brought me here. I think this is what I'm gonna take the fiesta back home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, you gotta eat fiesta pa to.
Speaker 3: This.
Speaker 1: This is my favorite meal.
Speaker 2: You eat that tonight.
Speaker 3: He brought me some jumbalaya, Dwight homemade jambolay.
Speaker 1: It is the best.
Speaker 2: It's the best jumble I've ever he That's That's the only thing I did after church is I went to Kroger, got all the ingredients, whipped up some jumbalai, and then about two pm I was on the floor doing nothing but happy. Say go to myo, go buy Saucerrita's and get you one of those fiestas.
Speaker 1: I gotta do. I gotta say something. I gotta say.
Speaker 3: David Lee Roth, Oh what about that man?
Speaker 1: You gotta say? I saw his video. He looks great and he says the thing he Vince Meal. Yeah he is terrible. Yes, like he's way younger than David ly Roth, I think, or at least ten years daily Roth. I just saw a video of him in Maryland.
Speaker 2: Yeah, m three festivals.
Speaker 1: He's seventy years old, and I go, oh, this will be a blank show. And I watched the video and went, oh, man, that's good.
Speaker 4: I think I saw it was his first performance since twenty nineteen years.
Speaker 2: No, it was. I thought it was twenty twenty five years. But any rate, So what's so impressive about is his last performance. Like when he was doing that Vegas run, he was grateful the COVID hit and shut everything down because I got to tell you the video is coming off that last Vegas bad. It was horrible. It was absolutely horrible. And what I saw yesterday, I mean there was all kinds of videos come out. It was great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Nothing wor more damning to a person that has the ego of David Lee roth right, was the video of him.
Speaker 2: The bachelor party.
Speaker 1: There was a bachelor party in Vegas. He's doing one of the stays in Vegas. Him and his PR guy are walking down the hallway and hear the Panama or whatever song is blaring from this thing, and they're like, let's go in and see him and give them a thrill because they're listening to Van Halen.
Speaker 3: They must be fans, right, They walk.
Speaker 1: In and all of the people's all every guy to a man blank looks on their faces like who are you right? He goes here, I'm here here, Jamie Rod I sag that song and they're all like, okay, cool, you sing that song.
Speaker 3: That's cool. You did crazy the Door, Yeah, crazy to go.
Speaker 2: Plus he looks like Nile's crane right now.
Speaker 1: He does Bud.
Speaker 3: He's smart enough to get the haircut.
Speaker 1: It's not like Rod Stewart and everybody else that keeps the long hair and you look like someone's aunt, especially when you have an overcoat and a scarf.
Speaker 2: Something wrong with long hair. I didn't get them. No, no, John, does my long hair look stupid? Or is it? No?
Speaker 4: But you should pull the whole like you should do the whole. Sammy Hagar going to a club that's playing something with Sammy Hagar and that's your song.
Speaker 1: Yeah, see what happens. He'll believe you. They'll believe you. Let's do joke of the day. Maybe no, yes, No, we could, we could push it. We could say post Derby hangover. No joke of the day. We didn't prepare for that. We made jump Aliah for Tony didn't bother to do the joke.
Speaker 2: You're gonna joke Sco.
Speaker 1: To my own that you're gonna think number one today and all of the Gustavos today.
Speaker 3: That's what you're going to uh it go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got one here. Hey fella, Hey, your mama is so stupid.
Speaker 3: How stupid it is she she got she.
Speaker 2: Got locked in a mattress door and slept on the floor. That's as good as the only dragon today. Are you guys driving good?
Speaker 4: It's you guys were in the track though. I was sweeping in the w h A s cave here.
Speaker 2: We may have to take some calls and find out everybody's moving.
Speaker 1: Howld are you?
Speaker 4: John twenty seven. I've got a baby at home.
Speaker 1: Too, I know, dude, but yeah, it'll catch up with you.
Speaker 2: It will.
Speaker 1: But twenty seven, man, you want to bottle I want to bottle that energy. I watched my twenty one year old son. He gets one hour sleep and he's doing pt the in the arm roung five am. And it's just like it's crazy. I did they the energy is like last night he was driving three more hours. It's back to Purdue. I was like, I'm fine, dude, wells cause where.
Speaker 3: Old people were like you can't drive. You gotta take a nap son.
Speaker 2: We used to like drake online on a Friday, then get up like ten o'clock in the morning. We've been at Doss High School playing football.
Speaker 3: Just yeah, you know, I.
Speaker 2: Know I can't imagine.
Speaker 3: Damn it, No, Jack Bower, damn it, damn it, timm it all right.
Speaker 1: Vision First, Vision First, I caare dot com these glasses that I have on our vision first glasses. I had been dealing with readers for ten years, and I have one in every pocket. I would buy the cheap readers, I'd put them into my pocket, they would break or whatever.
Speaker 3: Like then the times I couldn't find it.
Speaker 1: I was tired of trying to look for my readers because I can't take I can't believe them to say this on the radio. I couldn't read my medication bottles without my classes. They were at the end of my nose, and I'm like, oh, this is the right medication has to take it so sad, not.
Speaker 2: A good look.
Speaker 1: But you know what happened. Vision First, I care. I did the MRI of my eyeball, mryeball, and they took, I mean deep look into my eyeballs and they said, we can confirm you have a brain. We can see it back there.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know if they said that.
Speaker 3: It wasn't normal size, but you got one.
Speaker 1: Uh. And then they gave me a prescription, and I said, yes, I want glasses. So I have transition glasses where it's it's readers in the bottom, and then they have not that kind of transition.
Speaker 2: They were female glasses. Now other mail.
Speaker 1: Glass vision FIRSTI Care dot Com eighteen locations. Go get your glasses, whether you're six months old or you're sixty years old, they'll take care of you. Back after this on news Radio eight forty whas.
Speaker 2: Well Sicle to mile Music, Happy Sinco to my own news Radio eight forty whas party never stops, always excused to go out and part es. Today's I guess right, john.
Speaker 4: As, that's right. The lovely Spanish. I don't know, is there just like a Spanish heritage thing or is it just you know, we like fifth of May.
Speaker 2: It was the victory that they had over the I think it was a French army. Okay, you know what, let me go to Google machine.
Speaker 4: That's right, the Google machine knows all celebrate with your salceritas or whatever Mexican restaurant you're choosing. I know you guys endorse the salceerritos in that fiesta pack.
Speaker 2: Yep, maybe a little number one to Keith. The number one Yeah sicle to mile celebrates the Mexican Armies victory over the French forces May fifth, eighteen sixty two. So it's the Mexican Independence Day. If you will, John, did you go out after you got home from Derby or did you just pack it in?
Speaker 4: I went and got some roosters wings free plug for roosters, I guess, and pigged out, watched the watch the Derby action and didn't relax the rest of them. We didn't even watch the Derby.
Speaker 5: We watched Nip Tuck and we got we got on this niptuck and niptuk. Next thing I know, it was like eight o'clock and like, hey, I wonder who won the Derby. So we pulled it up and we found out that way. I do want to ask everybody please join us mark the calendar.
Speaker 2: Join us. Friday, May sixteenth, Tony and Dwight Happy Hour from four pm to six pm. It's the Yingling Flight with Tony and Dwight Happy Hour it's going to be at wix Pete's in Hikes Plaza, May sixteenth, four pm till six pm. We're t up some golf team games and score big prizes. Raise a pint a pint of yingling flight with us, and let me tell you, nobody does these prizes like yingling. We've done remote and we've done happy hours with yingling before, and yingling brings in stuff like refrigerators, all kinds of stuff. Quit custing each other in silent I'm on over you're cussing each other out and silent man, I can read lips. You're making me nervous. Stop it with that finger gesture, Daniel. Anyway, there's uh, it's like working with chimpanzees. Sim's furniture s I M S one M baby sims furniture. Hey, you know, we got conference rooms. If you all want to have a conversation, We've got offices. Your stupid comercial. I'm just saying, if y'all want to have a conversation, you know. And by the way, Daniel, where'd you you elen had a whisper in a helicopter or something? You're going over there going I don't know if uh if the XL R chord is gonna fit with the computer.
Speaker 1: We're gonna with Dogs and Dwight are the same because they get distracted by this girl.
Speaker 2: Were two dumb asses talking in a low volume thinking.
Speaker 4: Work like this because people are whispering around me.
Speaker 2: I am low maintenance. You got me so pissed off? Or taking nap on my Sims furniture mattress whispered Are you done?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: You want are you done? Yes? You want more? No breakfast club reference Sims furniture one M S I M S. When you work with people to piss you off, maybe you need to go home and just take a nap on your beautiful Sims furniture couch. They're gonna fix you up living room sets, dining room sets, kitchen sets, bedroom sets. They even have mattresses, I mean beautiful, high quality mattresses and fraction of the costs you get at a mattress store, appliances, television, you name it. But what you're really gonna love about the Sims furniture is the price high quality beautiful mattress is a appliance is a furniture. Sims furniture one M SIMS. Go see him today. Stick around more on the Way News Radio eight forty w h as, Yeah, we're celebrating sink O the Mile. We hope you have a wonderful, wonderful Sinko to myle. Joey Strader chimes in. He says that, uh, David Lee Roth, a lot of the credit goes to his background singers. I don't know if I agree to that.
Speaker 1: I don't either. I no, don't know.
Speaker 3: Let's give them credit.
Speaker 1: Also, yeah, but I'm sorry the video I saw him sing panama I was like, he's killing it.
Speaker 2: So and then he goes on to send me the set list, and this is kind of this kind of surprises me. They're all van Halen saw Yeah. Correct, But David Lee Roth has some really great solo stuff. What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: It? Hits?
Speaker 2: He had some hits. He had some great hits.
Speaker 1: Dwight, What if people want to hear Panamada?
Speaker 4: Come on, dude, always like a good mixture of both though in a concert, right.
Speaker 1: You aren't normal people?
Speaker 2: Well that's boy. You could say that two times again. I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know whether my expectations were so low and then I heard him singing I went, oh, my god, that's great.
Speaker 2: So I don't know. That's a great point because five years ago it was so bad. We were playing audio from it. It was it was really bad.
Speaker 1: I expectations are everything. I don't know how many movies I didn't like as much because my expectation was so through the Silver Lightning's Playbook with Jennifer the ones from Here and I guess I'll give that up. So I was people told me it's the best film of the year. You're going to love it. It's an eleven out of ten. So I went, oh, my god, I can't wait to go see this. It's a really good movie. It's not. I walked out disappointed because I was like, well, it's not the best filming with the year.
Speaker 2: I couldn't get through it. Then you ruined?
Speaker 1: Uh what did I ruin?
Speaker 2: A complete unknown? Oh, it was a good movie.
Speaker 3: Build it up too much?
Speaker 2: He built it up too much? Did I did? But you know the same thing with Star Wars. They said that was a turd. The fat guy and the other guy from the movie review.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they said, why would somebody watch this here?
Speaker 2: And that was the name of the Welcome to Fat Guy and the other guy and.
Speaker 1: And Ebert Cisco and Ebert. One of them is dead, the fat guy or the other guy. I don't know.
Speaker 2: If I'm sure the fat guy eat the other guy.
Speaker 3: I'm sure the weight challenged individual didn't make it.
Speaker 2: Oh you know what could have been Fatcy and Baldsey one gout bald.
Speaker 1: If I didn't go to week Girl hair Indy and you didn't get in shape. That's the name of this show. That is the name of this show, Fatsy and Baldy.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm not a big I'm not a big comic book movie guy.
Speaker 2: Well on some of them. Man, you know the regulars Batman and Superman has been done to this Spider Man has been done to death.
Speaker 1: Grown men reading comic books is an issue, or is it.
Speaker 4: I don't think they read comic books. I think they're just more so obsessed with the MCU franchises.
Speaker 5: Now, No, I think they're obsessed with fu I'm sorry. I believe that there is a collect They're not comic books. They are illustrated novels.
Speaker 1: There is a comic There was a comic book store next to where you line up to get your prescription at Kroger. And I'm telling you, brother there ain't no young kids going in there. It was all it's fat, sweat pumpy, middle aged guys in sweatpants. That's exactly what it is.
Speaker 2: Guys in a Spider Man T shirt or like a Bazinga T shirt and the sweatpants.
Speaker 1: Is there a little thinner? They're Lucity FC fans.
Speaker 4: So Lucity FC fans or.
Speaker 1: Comic they're a demo Lucity FC fan. Got the males. The males that go to those games are accountants with the scraggly beard, maybe a bun, hair bun, little chunky and just way too into it.
Speaker 4: Way you may be onto something they are thought about that they are.
Speaker 3: The obsession with soccer is crazy.
Speaker 1: I'm so happy for them and the franchise and the owners and stuff. But boy, I mean, well, okay, sing for ninety minutes, but that's.
Speaker 4: What they do in Europe. They like teams in Europe.
Speaker 1: Does that? Does that? They play the drums for ninety minutes, They have fireworks for ninety minutes. Look, that doesn't just come doing in Europe doesn't mean it's not obsession.
Speaker 2: You gotta make up for the scoring, you gotta something.
Speaker 1: Well that's part of it.
Speaker 2: But did you see the game last night? It was exciting game.
Speaker 4: Really think about this for a second. Score games three too, and let's just go to American football. The equivalent of that is a twenty one to fourteen game. It just sounds like it's more points as they give you more points.
Speaker 1: No, I agree that, No, no, no, no, I see point because the intensity of when they get close, because the scoring is so low, the intensity of when they get down there, you can see maybe how it's gonna open up. It is kind of it's exciting, and these guys are way bigger and way stronger than they used to be. For sure, they're a lot more physical, but then they have to flop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the scoring is not a bad point for me because I am a huge hockey fan, so it's the same principle.
Speaker 1: But at least hockey get Yeah, well we're getting a focus the fans, definitely. But no, to your point, who's walking in the comic store in any kids?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll give you one worse than that. When it was kids.
Speaker 1: Right back in the day, it was kids getting comic kidding me.
Speaker 2: Listen, in the seventies, if a grown man walked into a uh yeah, it started flipping around on a they say, hey, there's a creeper in here. LMPD or Jefferson County Police, get over here. There's some guy in sweatpants, nonetheless just sweatpants and a T shirt, and he's blocking these kids.
Speaker 1: There not dolls, they're figures.
Speaker 2: They're illustrated doubles.
Speaker 1: You the story of the downfall the night.
Speaker 5: By any chance could serve, Any chance could serve? Would you have Spider Man thirty four where a doctor doom is In addition.
Speaker 2: I'll give you one worse than that. Here's one worse than that. We used to do Monday night football. We were with cors Light, Mike Rimsey, Buffalo Wild Wings and at the end of the night these games would go late. I mean it'd be like eleven eleven thirty. I would walk out of Buffalo Wild Wings on Dixie Highway and Dixie Manor two doors down from that's one of these game stops. Yeah all right, yeah, and there'd be a lot of people out the door, and I would walk up and go, Hey, what the hell are y'all standing line for? Is there concert tickets? And goncert?
Speaker 5: Take it? That's funny. Zerbert seventy three comes out tomorrow. We're in line to get it at midnight.
Speaker 1: They was standing a lot for the games, and then what happened was and that's why game stops. So he's kind of going back and forth with weare they're going to stay open? Is that they download them all now so you don't need the physical game, right.
Speaker 2: I got an embarrassing story on me, I might tell.
Speaker 1: Well, let's add it to the pile.
Speaker 2: So there was a Springsteen DVD that was coming out.
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, and uh.
Speaker 1: I see that's the thing, all right, joy, double double stand, double standards, double stand rock Nerd.
Speaker 3: You know what fun of the comic book?
Speaker 1: Nerd?
Speaker 2: You know what I have. I'm a hippocrite, you all right, hippie crit I'm a hippie crit.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: So the Springsteen Live in New York the DVD set, it was like two thousand and two. I was even old. Uh So I went down to Circuit City the night before. I can't never mind.
Speaker 4: Look, I told the story.
Speaker 1: I told the story of not having my readers and I can't read my prescription, so just do it.
Speaker 2: And so I went down just to verify to make sure the Circuit City was going to have the DVD.
Speaker 1: No he didn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I said, look, I'm gonna be down here tomorrow the second you all open up. I didn't camp out, but I said I will be right at the second you open up. I said, well, you you have Springsteen live in New York? Yes, sir. I said, are you sure you have him back there? And they said yes, we're positive. I said, would you mind bringing one out just so I could see it because I'm coming here I'm waking up, and say yeah, sure. He went out and brought one back and I said, can I hold it? And the guy said, well, is it kind of hold it?
Speaker 1: Hell?
Speaker 2: I didn't looked at it.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Oh my gosh, sustands, what are you stupid?
Speaker 4: I said, no, you're a nerd impression of yourself holding the Springsteen.
Speaker 5: Absolutely by any chance? Yes, he performing a p Prove it? You mean, prove it all night? Yeah, we're super fans. We caught prove it. What about What about thunder is that on there? We mean thunder? We caught thundering. You may caught thunder road because you're not a Springhead. That's what we call each other.
Speaker 2: Bruce Hendson spring John John from the News room. You know, uh, when we were talking about Fatsy and Baldsey and you said it was a Cisco and Ebert, he said, Jeane Cisco died. Roger Ebert, the fat guy is still alive.
Speaker 1: How about that go wrong?
Speaker 2: How about for the fat guys?
Speaker 1: That's right, Yeah, that's something that is Bill Gates daughter, You're gonna be shocked at this news.
Speaker 3: You're gonna be shocked. Sit down.
Speaker 2: Is this son really named Rusty No, Rusty Gate, we get it.
Speaker 1: You didn't have to spell it out when you said rusty Everyone listening to the show knew it was Rusty Gate, Bill Gate.
Speaker 3: Phoebe Gates.
Speaker 2: That's not funny at all.
Speaker 1: Rusty Gates. Do we we need to award something, don't we? No?
Speaker 3: You put fifty cents in?
Speaker 2: Are you serious?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 2: Rusty Gate?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Rusty Gate, Rusty Gate is terrible. John confer here.
Speaker 2: I gotta put fifty cents in? No, No, he called it all ah wait, I appealed to the first Yes, first base ump, Oh, thank you, first base ump.
Speaker 1: So Phoebe Kate a Gates, not Phoebe Kate's. Phoebe Gates, Bill Gates' daughter, revealed in our podcast that shocker, Bill Gates has Aspergers? Duh? All these guys that are super six you know Elon Musk people are convinced.
Speaker 3: Can I just on the spectrum somewhere?
Speaker 2: Can I play the Asperger's card when I say something I'm not supposed to say.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't no, no, no, no, no yet right, No, you don't have aspergers?
Speaker 2: Though, dude, how do we know? I'm an ass?
Speaker 1: No, you're an ass. But that doesn't have anything to do with aspergers.
Speaker 2: I like me a good assburger every once in a while.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but people with Aspergers know they have Asperger's way.
Speaker 2: Maybe some assburger all right.
Speaker 1: So not shocking Bill Gates. Asperger. You can't tell me what Elon Musk is. The rumors that he's autistic, erth or bipolar is is uh, well, you could tell when he's off his meds.
Speaker 2: Have you ever noticed, though, like super intelligent people, they have zero common sense.
Speaker 3: I've met a lot of them.
Speaker 1: I've met a lot of people with doctorates that are dumb asses. Yeah, Like, how do you get through the day?
Speaker 2: Right? You know?
Speaker 1: So? Yes, you're correct. Every he gives us enough smarts in one certain area and that's it. Maybe two if you're lucky, What do you.
Speaker 2: Buy a guy like that for his birthday or Christmas? I mean he's got, like, you know, hundreds of billions of dollars. Well, yeah, the way you get him.
Speaker 1: It's weird because rich guys used to dress in fifty thousand dollars suits, right, and they looked the part, and they looked like the leader and Bill Gates T shirt, the guy that owns Facebook Zuckerberg, same gray T shirt every day. He switched it up lately, but for like ten years, all in his closet was the same gray T shirt and he wore it every single day. He said it because these guys are out there. He would cut down one decision he had to make.
Speaker 2: What do you think about guys that wear T shirts every day?
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 2: Disgusting?
Speaker 1: Maybe you do.
Speaker 4: There's two of us right here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 4: You're you're the most comfortis people in the office every day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're look at you, mister pink No salmon polo, button up polo, a quarter zip.
Speaker 1: This is a lands and polo or.
Speaker 2: That's caught a because I learned this from Greg Galliet.
Speaker 1: What it's called a quarters No it's not This is not a quarter.
Speaker 2: He said, that's a quarters. Does it go all the way down half?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, geez, dude, it's not a half.
Speaker 1: This is a half zip, it's a This is not a core zip, dude, Get it right.
Speaker 2: Get it right the first time. That's the mini pill. Pella Windows. That's the main game, Pella Windows. Hey, Pela Windows, still celebrating Pella one fifty one. Yeah, that's right to celebrate Derby one fifty one. Pella, It's gonna make you a winner in a big way. Baby. How about this? Check this out. One hundred and fifty one dollars off every single door, every single window that you buy from Pella's one hundred and fifty one dollars off every single window. Plus plus they have special financing. Let's get that house done. How is those energy bills high in the winter, high in the summer? It could be Probably is your windows. There's never been a better time if you ever thought about getting windows or doors, patio windows, doors, windows, whatever. Now is the time. But you gotta go over a very special sight. Peladerbyedeal dot com, peladerby deal dot com, Get one hundred and fifty one dollars off every window and door peladerby deal dot Com. All Right, stick around. More on the Way. News Radio eight forty w h A s.