Speaker 1: What Up?
Speaker 2: Go and welcome Bite Twitter Avoids Live with Sports dot Com. Easy do you must be moreqed? What is Nicholas Colofs?
Speaker 1: Nothing? What up?
Speaker 3: I've been good minus the worst collapse in Tiger's history yesterday. But yeah, I'm happy. It's football season. We are repping the Woodward Lions. You guys know what it is. It's a packed football show, but you guys want to stay covered. Obviously Woodward Tigers were doing a video after the show because there's some crazy news going on right now about the Detroit Tigers. So make sure to check that out. Uh, it's dropping later tonight. It's Terror Schouble, Max Clark, everything that you need to know to stay updated on one of the craziest teams in baseball, that is the Detroit Tigers.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a monster trade. It is monster trade come for the Detroit Tigers. I just don't know who's going to.
Speaker 3: Brewers fans are not happy if you talk about any of their prospects, so they're probably.
Speaker 1: Not getting Terrors and you're not gonna get them exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, excited to probably draw up some comments from some Brewers fans to nights.
Speaker 2: I am I'm firmly the camp that I'm pissed that ownership that people commenting on my my tweet about that and they're like, you're not paying the guy that old four hundred million dollars?
Speaker 1: Why not?
Speaker 4: Okay, I'll making sure. Yeah, you're not paying a two time SOY young winner four hundre million dollars.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Why I think with the young prospects and cheap prospects that this team is going to be able to have and develop. I think that is a guy that you can give that money to and it's not egregious. Plus, I just don't think that Chris would ever break out that kind of bag, which just sucks that we're not the Dodgers or the Yankees. Yeah, because that's realistically where I think he'll end up and ultimately get that contract, And it sucks that that is baseball for you in today's world that we live in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think mister I would have did it.
Speaker 1: Yes, Yeah, I do. Yes, what was pause?
Speaker 2: You paused?
Speaker 3: This is the biggest contract for a pitcher ever, But I was thinking about those big JV ones he didn't pay Justin Erlander and school or Schures are at the same time because he already had the JV and the Miggy Yeah, but yeah, I think you keep your best player and one of the best players in the world.
Speaker 1: Homego didn't one row multiple cy young winner.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you paying, but you know, obviously they don't want to, and that's why they're going to be mediocre.
Speaker 1: Also, he doesn't want to negotiate.
Speaker 3: That's extremely clear with all of the clips coming out. There were no negotiations after what happened two years ago when they lowballed that f out of Tarrek's scooball and they lowballed him, and you know it obviously burned some bridges that that happened, or this was always the game plan to go to free agency, but they were never negotiating and Tarrek Scuble wants no part in negotiating. Everything's on my agent. Everything's on my agent. Everything's on my agent. If I hear that out of his mouth one more time, you know, it's all it's basically what he says at this point, you'll do what Yeah, I just listened to that doc interview before this, so I'm gonna say what I just said.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna respond with talk to my agent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, welcome we're talking Detroy Lions today.
Speaker 4: We had we had the Tigers beat report her in.
Speaker 2: We had to get the layers up there and Tigers in that situation because it may go down maybe during the show. You can have any given a moment now, but uh, some news on Detroit by You saw in Spider Man to Day. Great film, great movie, great movie. Yeah, did you get you in the feels at all?
Speaker 1: A little bit? Yeah?
Speaker 4: They got me for sure a couple of times.
Speaker 2: We're bringing it down to night too, So stay tuned to we were cinema shout out, shout out.
Speaker 1: Where would you rank it? Can I ask you that?
Speaker 3: Out of the No Way Home, Far From Home and Homecoming one? Yeah, oh okay, this raises expectations.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, I think so too.
Speaker 4: I mean they're all good. Yeah, I'd like the obviously, like the nostalgia factor of the Toby and Andrew Garfield being in that one was that was there. But I think that was really like the biggest part of that movie. Like obviously there was some sweet parts with them all working together, but I think this was a better movie and there some very good fight scenes and there is some stuff that I wasn't expecting that that got me and and even some more I think deeper, you know, who's this?
Speaker 1: What's this?
Speaker 4: They didn't really mention it, but there were a couple of parts. I was like, why did it focus on that so much? So Roilbert Cinema stay tuned.
Speaker 5: Do you think you have to watch it kind of again to piece that together? You think you can?
Speaker 4: No, I think I think it because it was it was really like nothing, but they like focused on it on like three different angles of the shot, and I was like, that.
Speaker 1: Could be something.
Speaker 2: So I'm curious what he's talking about, though, who is the like or is that spoiling?
Speaker 5: If I asked, like, who's like the big bad in this one? In this one? Because I don't I don't have that, it's spoil tapped out?
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, all right, that would be spoiling, all right, because I didn't know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I I didn't know. If I didn't know, if I was just too far unfortunately knew that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I got some idea that the.
Speaker 4: Person it was like I saw. I was very surprised. Okay, I thought it was gonna be it makes it very interesting one person, but it wasn't so so hard.
Speaker 1: It's a great movie. Hell yeah, yeah, go check it out.
Speaker 2: HALLI yead.
Speaker 5: Banana bread, Hell yead banana bread?
Speaker 2: HALLI yeah ud uh. So I had a little bit of hope for this guy when we signed the Detroit Lions, but he's been pinpointed as the younger Marcus Davenport, and that is Peyton Turner, formerly of the first round pick of New Orleans Saints, now the Detroit Lions out day two of training camp with back. So I believe fling the Davenport role there, She's gotta believe.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately.
Speaker 2: Moving on, we also have update on Giovanni Manu. Dan Campbell said it was an injury, a pre existing injury that he lied about coming into training camp during the conditioning drills.
Speaker 4: I'm one if he's done, because there's one guy who.
Speaker 2: Didn't pass conditioning and wondered, yeah, but uh yeah, he tried to give it a go a camp didn't and they're like, why the fuck do you lie to us about this? Blah blah. He may be out for twelve weeks, he might be out of a job forever.
Speaker 4: Fire.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't be surprised.
Speaker 4: I don't know if Giovanni Maneu could survive not having a good training camp, let alone not being in training camp, let alone lying to your coaches and then being out of training camp. I think this cooks Giovanni Minue as a Detroit Lion. He's not making this team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, almost feel like, uh, I think the injury might save them because I got a stashing way on like one of the injuries eerves.
Speaker 4: But then they've been they've had so many injuries in the past couple of years.
Speaker 2: They've been like really mindful of that too, Like, I'm gonna how didn't get downto i R last year? They just cut him from the team, So you know, you're right, You're probably gonna be right mine. You might be out of here.
Speaker 4: And it's like he was borderline on making the team anyways.
Speaker 1: If he was healthy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're not wrong. Why would you keep a liar who's injured. You're a liar, yeah, and a swindler in Canadian like, you only get.
Speaker 1: A couple of things you like to us twice, we.
Speaker 2: Thought you were a fucking athletic specimen. You came and played big tight end for us. You can't play six offensive linement. That that's been the most.
Speaker 4: Disappointing part about it.
Speaker 2: I don't know that ever expected him truly to become like a starting caliber offensive lineman. A third round pick. I don't know, that's just fourth round pick. I apologize. It just feels like crazy.
Speaker 1: Him though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true. Thanks for reminding me about that. But at least I thought the athleticism would allow him to be the big tight end that you see the Detroit Lions utilize almost the entire of Dan Kimball's tenure all the time.
Speaker 4: You can't even qualify for that. No, he's supposed to be an athlete, like that's a trademark on you. He's a liar, big fucking liar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, big fat liar. Great movie.
Speaker 4: I'm a big guy him in person, his calves are my thighs.
Speaker 2: It's fucking insane. He's a freak geev IMANU. Hopefully if he's around town after he gets dismissed. If he is dismissed, go back to Yeah, he goes home because I'm I'm gonna talk the most ship and I don't want to see that guy in public.
Speaker 4: He big boot me to fucking heaven. Run away from him. He's obviously not that athletic. I still have more athletic than me. That's his trade line speech. Quite crazy. If you can I can't do that me. Cardiala Jenko Manor on Judgment Day says, raised the sales we have up there. You hear Judgment Day, it's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna make a poll. Actually, you guys decide what we talked about first. I'll put the Kirby stuff in there. We have some Toddy Williams updates much needed. I will say this show called it on that. Some Jumior Gibbs updates yep. And obviously some things that happened in training camp today as well too.
Speaker 1: It's a.
Speaker 4: It was kind of a slower second day of training camp. Obviously they're getting a little more settled in, but there were some things to come out. Dan Campbell, I'mana Saint Brown all made comments on the Jamior Gibbs situation. Who was not at camp again today, so we can hear that we got again Kirby Joseph reports, You've got Dan Campbell talking about Tyler Williams in his situation.
Speaker 1: So a lot of different audio that we're gonna get to.
Speaker 4: But I'm just glad none of the injuries that we were reporting on originally are like serious twelve to thirteen weeks for Giovanni Manu, Yeah, why are we even saying that? See you later, buddy. We're gonna wait thirteen weeks to see if he can be a backup guard Cynar Like, no, sorry, did he I don't even want him to take an IR spot because you have limited i R spots throughout the year.
Speaker 2: I'm kind of with him, man like, if he offered anything in special teams, if you were the big tight end, even in the second unit. Okay, is keeping the roster as of right now. I don't feel comfortable in the field anywhere.
Speaker 4: No reason to put him on the roster at all. He should be cut. And I don't want to like sound like a dick about it, but it's what it comes down to.
Speaker 2: Run no way fast as you can Jeevani catching me. I'm not I'm not surviving that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he'd probably hocke you, but Spanny, you got him. I'm taking his knees out. You think you would? Howk you though you were running pretty fast down that hill? It was downhill down the hill? Yeah, we get that. Where is this?
Speaker 4: If you go to your friend, if you go to my d MS with Lenz, it should be.
Speaker 1: Might you only gotta scroll I think I got Spenny over Manu on this one. Okay, I was hustling.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna look at his time.
Speaker 1: I was ship though.
Speaker 6: You Yeah, the arms helicopter, You only gotta scroll up like a little bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the open field one, h Lambertini with the super chances guys. Canadians are basically communist hashtag Comrade maz that's fair, it's fair. I mean, they're about as close as it gets.
Speaker 5: All I know is.
Speaker 1: All I know is I'm sick of these fires by some of my summers. Yo, Okay, respect Earlier.
Speaker 2: This week, I think I smelled something. I don't know if I was tripping or not.
Speaker 1: I think they're doing it on purpose.
Speaker 2: Runs a faster forty yard dash than Nicholas coal Off.
Speaker 4: He runs a four something. He runs a he ran a four point nine. Yeah, he's talking me.
Speaker 1: But if I'm running downhill and he's running up hill.
Speaker 6: Maybe if I get him in like that Scooby Doo situation, Like the Scooby Doo situation, you know, I go one way and he's coming from the other way, and I so, yeah, this is me running, This is me running down Blake, you'll miss it.
Speaker 1: Breaking news, breaking news, breaking.
Speaker 5: In the beginning off removed started one time on time for the top.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Steve Man, I was moving.
Speaker 2: My playing the Ryan back up.
Speaker 1: I think I think Glen's.
Speaker 4: Backed up a little bit.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I was coming in hot.
Speaker 4: I would take I would take camera.
Speaker 5: Guy, Let's see he was laughing the whole time, breaking.
Speaker 1: I was coming in hot.
Speaker 4: Freddie Felt with the Super Chances spenty running up that road running wait what Spenny running up that road, running down the hill. Oh, running up that road, running down the hill.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's facts.
Speaker 2: I don't know that song.
Speaker 1: It's that's from.
Speaker 3: Stranger Things plays.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, not sure what um.
Speaker 4: I just get this show on the road. Yeah, let's get the Kirby update fifty. All right, so we're come back. We'll come back and Joseph aren't all sad. But if you want to if you want to learn how to have elite athleticism and straight line speed just like that, you gotta go practice at Planet Fitness. Planet Fitness, joining Club ro online and playefitness dot com. You can get a full body workout in thirty minutes and all memberships include fitness training. You got all that for just fifteen dollars a month, you can upgrade to the Black Card and get you some men music, hydro massage, total body enhancement NECCESS to over twenty seven hundred locations worldwide, Joining club online, Planefitness dot com. Planet Fitness for your fitness is essential.
Speaker 7: The hunting season is almost to your Detroit and you're lions are on the prow. Make sure you're locked into Woodward Sports for all the Den Campbell reaction, Jared Goff touchdowns, Common Roth first downs, Kenny pancakes, Kirmy picks, Jim's big plays, and of course Jack Fox's leg Stay locked in on all your lines coverage right here, Detroit's number one sports network Sports.
Speaker 8: How do people feel about getting a Planet Fitness membership for fifteen dollars a month? How do they like working out in the clean and spacious gym that's filled with equipment.
Speaker 1: For every workout?
Speaker 8: And how about free fitness training in the judgment free zone that leaves and feeling energize all day long. Joint Planet Fitness today with the free pf app online or in club and start getting that big fitness energy for fifteen dollars a month.
Speaker 7: We don't like to brag that we are the toughest sports network in Detroit, but.
Speaker 2: We do have a guy named Darren McCarty on.
Speaker 7: Our Woodwind Sports.
Speaker 4: Day ip A. Make sure you check it out at an Art and Jakes near you. You can get five dollars shorts on Monday, Wednesday and Sunday all day I PA from Founders Brewing Company. It's Michigan companies supporting Michigan companies. So go check it out at an Arton Jake's near you. What if they'll welcome bits?
Speaker 2: What if it waits live in which sports dot com?
Speaker 5: Easy?
Speaker 2: Do you Mutch Morax Young Chris, Nicholas Coloff, smash like button, be a friend, tell a friend and share the stream.
Speaker 4: No super chat from our Freddy felt it'spenning. Sounded like me.
Speaker 2: Half second posts Peanuts facts. Yeah.
Speaker 4: If you guys with chat, you know you can see what's there.
Speaker 5: This guy will not stop.
Speaker 4: The punisher had some guttural noises throughout the whole spoiler. You know he's in the trailer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, uh but yeah, he you know how he sounds.
Speaker 1: You get you get a couple of those out of Old Frank Castle.
Speaker 4: John Berthall, that's his name right, yep, yeah, great actor, great actor.
Speaker 5: He had the one in honesty too, yep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yep, yeah, spoiler. Yeah, I'm fucking yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't care.
Speaker 2: Nick.
Speaker 4: Are you going to see the Right Way.
Speaker 3: In Imax in Troy? Ten fifty am.
Speaker 4: Going to Troy to see it?
Speaker 2: Wow, I'm gonna be in Troy watching the aud.
Speaker 1: Have one of the best maxes around here. Huh they have one of the.
Speaker 3: Best IMAX theaters around here allegedly. Yeah, I'm excited that far away though? Was it ten to fifty am? I'm like, I should be out if a schoobl trade does break.
Speaker 1: That's kind of what I was worried about as well.
Speaker 4: Daryl the Plumber says still runs better than Riley Green.
Speaker 1: Shout out. He's appreciating.
Speaker 4: He's not wrong, He's not wrong. Listen, I'm an athlete, Riley isn't. Are you running better than Kirby Joseph?
Speaker 1: No, probably not.
Speaker 4: He looked pretty good running up hill. Shout out to Kirby Joseph. If you guys haven't known, haven't been on Twitter, or don't follow Kirby's new Twitter, he's losing it a little bit, like he's you know, I'm not gonna say he's jade and ivy yet, but he is.
Speaker 1: It's our guys going through it. Man.
Speaker 4: It's been obviously this process has been you know, very very uh troublesome on him, and it's it's probably you know, a mind fuck because like there's nothing he can really do to get better, there's nothing he can do to to get healthier, like the rehab and stuff like that. Is he does it, He does it every day and then some days he just wakes up and is it's not okay. So I think I feel like that is is putting the biggest mental toll on him. Is that like it's kind of out of his hands. And we know that these types of athletes and these types of guys that are just you know, so fine tuned with their body and with with their mental processes, and they're what they can do and how they have gotten them themselves to where they are. To have something like this that is just completely out of your hands must be must be weighing on them a little bit.
Speaker 1: And I feel for the guy.
Speaker 4: It's, uh, it's got suck man.
Speaker 2: You you work so hard to accomplish the American dream. Yeah, obviously American dream is to get money. But like as a kid, it's to be an athlete, just like the closest thing to being a supers have the most exactly. Also like saving people from burning buildings like that, Like an athlete is they're they're glamorized, they're they're millionaires. Some of those could take those millions to turn to billions. Like it's just it's the American dream and he accomplished that and now it's getting ripped away from them with some fucking random ass knee injury.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And that that's the part too that hurts is that it's like, ah, is that it's like what got you there is what's betraying you? You know what I mean, And like the body like breaking down, it's it's it's sad to see man, Like these are injuries like this are are really honestly ones that that upset me more than anything because like you know, I mean, you know, stuff happens like acl terrace and stuff like that, but like you know that that happens like something like this where like I just think of not only their football career, but like their post life, dude, Like their post life is brutal. Like sometimes we got to remember that none of us here are athletes, but there are people that were far more, far more athletic than ever than any of us put together. But at the same time, like in their forties and fifties. Man, like they're there their bodies in worse condition than ours. You know what, I did see that because of stuff like that.
Speaker 4: All the miles you put on your joints, Like it's like, my joint, my joints are really bad.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 4: I can only imagine being an actual professional athlete who did it for ten more years, like on top of what I did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I saw somebody who was asking a doctor and they're like, how come like athletes still like die early or their bodies go to shit if they're like constantly have the best medicine and constantly working out in shape. Is because they use the fuck out of their bodies they wear in term that shit is real. But the reason why this one's so he's only twenty five years old, Yeah, I mean gets even started when you consider the fact that he was on trajectory, in my opinion, to be a Hall of Famer. I mean even last year, I'm the bum ny. He was still grabbing turnovers against the Bengals if he had another one too. Like Kirby, he's just he's phenomenal in the backfield. He's one of the best interfielder safeties in the National Football League, if not the best, probably the best. To be honest with you, it's just it's very, very unfortunate he spoke about today. But Nick, you've been going for a minute, you speak your piece before he plays Kirby clip.
Speaker 1: Four and two with him, last year, five and six.
Speaker 3: Without him, he fills a lot of holes on your defense where this team struggles mightily every single season because they're not able to get to the quarterback minus Aden Hutchinson, it feels that way at least, and he's able to turn the ball over so other teams can't have those sustained drives where it feeds your offense with more opportunities. Everything I'm hearing about Kirby Joseph, and it's been a lot of it from clips from you guys, to be honest, but things I and you know obviously what has been put out there. Kirby is going through it bad right now. He's got to get off Twitter. I think he's got to get somebody to take his phone because he's going back at people, which is never a great idea. It's given a little Ken or Kevin Durant syndrome.
Speaker 1: Right now.
Speaker 3: It's worse worse right now, and I feel bad for him, and I feel bad for Lions fans because with Kirby Joseph on this team, I truly think they are a super Bowl contender, and with him off of this team, they could.
Speaker 1: Miss the playoffs. And that's a sad reality.
Speaker 3: As a season ticket holder who's not selling his tickets, who just put down another payment on him, that's a sad reality because he means so much to this team. For an all pro safety to not be there by before the age of twenty five and that season, it's super depressing. And this is my first time talking about it, and it's sad. It's making me sad.
Speaker 2: Uh had three interceptions last year and the bum knee one against the Bears, one against the Browns, one against the Bengals. Oddly enough, all three teams star with b has nothing with nothing but u Ben and Bentley. Again, that's him in limited not just like limited like playing time because of like the injury keeping him out of actual games, but also being limited in those games as well instead having three turnaw. He's just he was just that truly, that special of an athlete. This shit just sucks.
Speaker 4: It's almost like it feels like some voodoo shit. Man, it really does.
Speaker 2: Like all these Packers and Rams fans like praying on us down for Vikings particularly, Yeah, Vikings fans particularly with like comments about the knee specifically, and he's talking about it where he just woke up and it was swolling and that's like, I don't even that's just I don't know, man. I wonder how those guys feel that that actually happened.
Speaker 1: They probably feel great because we're terrible people. I know.
Speaker 5: I know one person that's a Packers fan, and he was always just like down bad Kirby. He does not give two no sympathy about it.
Speaker 4: The thing too, they weren't even thirty plays there by the law.
Speaker 2: He was never flagged, No, he was refined, no suspended, nope, never pulled aside and spoken to like, it's.
Speaker 4: It's what the NFL wants you to do. It's literally how the NFL wants you to tackle.
Speaker 2: Here's some sound on Kirby. Joseph Cursey of No. One, Beyonkey No one Beyonki shout out, shout out, yeah.
Speaker 4: For what you can get trip this year.
Speaker 9: Optimist, Yeah, what do you mean, optimistic lady that you're gonna be on the field grow in the season.
Speaker 10: Brothers, I'm super optimistic, man. I never gave you up. I never I'm gonna always work hard. All I do is work, and you see me outside on working. You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 5: What have the last ten months have been for your beyond the scenes?
Speaker 10: I'd say that was my walk with God? Even though I got that, I'll walking with God.
Speaker 5: Has it gotten any better?
Speaker 11: Like?
Speaker 5: Do you do you feel better than you did six eight months ago?
Speaker 10: Honestly? Like the best way I could describe that right there. I got a YouTube channel called that network.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 10: Go pick the YouTube link on my Twitter, on my Instagram. They tell you everything you need to know.
Speaker 9: It's called Flay. I got a son that's dropped. It's called Flattity. Y'all gonna check it out. It sounds pretty good. I'm a part time rapper.
Speaker 10: Football for foremost you know, I play football for the songs.
Speaker 1: Sound good?
Speaker 10: Go check it out.
Speaker 4: What were some of the links.
Speaker 10: The linx I found that that's the length I needed. I told you I didn't need to do nothing else, nothing more.
Speaker 9: I just need to strengthen my relationship with God because God gonna take care of the risk.
Speaker 10: It was something out of my control, so I give everything to go.
Speaker 1: You gotta be rid of it.
Speaker 2: I could cry, dude.
Speaker 3: Oh Man promoting his raps no disrespect whatsoever.
Speaker 1: But I'm sorry to tell everybody the truth.
Speaker 3: That's a terrible sign. Shout out to Kirby. Go check out his raps. But in terms of getting answerd asked a football question, fellas, that's bad news.
Speaker 1: Bears a review.
Speaker 2: He can't even tell you this. There's a progression from ten months ago. And that's why I got I'm the same. I love my fellow Liance fans. I do because we obviously all root and share for the same team. You guys, help us cause ruckus out in ford Field on the road, do a lot of tremidous, amazing things as the Troy Lions fans with the people that were online just talking like shit, like.
Speaker 4: Oh, you're going to be proven wrong? Like by what count? What have you heard or seen to make you feel that this is gonna be all right? They don't even know when he's coming back yet, and it's been on a year almost. I saw somebody saying he's gonna be all Pro this year. I just he might not play.
Speaker 1: It's not.
Speaker 2: It's not a fucking like debilitating injury where he can't run or can't move.
Speaker 4: It's one.
Speaker 2: It's it's Dan Campbell told you it's a pain talents issue.
Speaker 4: Can you go? Can you not?
Speaker 1: How often can you go?
Speaker 4: How long can you go?
Speaker 2: And and it's a seventeen game season of the most grueling physical sport outside of mm A probably yeah, And you.
Speaker 1: Heard him say it there that like.
Speaker 4: Again, I know this is maybe a hot button topic now in Detroit for you know, certain athletes that play for us. But he said he found God and that he it was out of his control, so he found God. And that's really what it is is. There's nothing he can do to make it better. There's no surgery, there is no rehab, there is a there is no you know, magic pixie dust that is going to fix Kirby Joseph's knee.
Speaker 1: It's just.
Speaker 4: When he wakes up on a certain day, can he go or not? That's what it's gonna be. And it's it's depressing.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: I love Kirk.
Speaker 4: Kirby's one of my favorite player, top three favorite player on this team, and it's he's so important. I've said it before. I think he is the single most important defensive player on this RUSS.
Speaker 2: I guess the one thing I could say is like as a as a human, I guess I'm glad to see him like smiling mentally. Yeah, because like last year was a little even more depressing because he's just not realizing it. And there's not again, there's not like a SEEZ. There's no magic wand to be waved. There's no like timetable. This is gonna heal itself. But Carlos doesn't heal itself. And Xavier d has put up perfectly. Go look at the Kansas City game example of this. You could tolerate the pain with the cortizone shot, but it'll be worse when it wears off. It's exactly what he saw in the Casey game.
Speaker 4: That's why he was getting carried out of his dinner reservations the night after, because he went out there and he played on it and then he couldn't walk for like three days after.
Speaker 1: It's not good over under a game and a half for Kirby Joseph this year. Where are you guys?
Speaker 3: At does he play in two games?
Speaker 4: I think we might get like three games out of him.
Speaker 1: So you're on over Spinny, I gotta go over. Yeah, you gotta believe. I gotta believe. Fuck I think you can.
Speaker 5: I mean, you know, especially like especially like maybe maybe like a bye, like the week after after the bye, Like there's there's times when I think he'll just I think he'll just be intermitted. It'll be like the closest thing that NFL has seen to load management. I think that's the approach you have to go with him, and it's gonna be what it's gonna be. I do think he'll get more than more than three games. I hope. I'm not just being like a slappy and optimistic here, but I feel like I feel like he can go once a month.
Speaker 2: But that point too, How how at point like is there diminishing return because you're not refining your.
Speaker 5: Skills or like, no, I get just talking about.
Speaker 2: I'm just asking a loud I'm not I'm not like critiquing what you had to say. I'm just asking a lout, Like do you say if you don't use it, do you lose it?
Speaker 4: Like you know, I just I mean not keeping it active and letting it get stagged and I'm sure is not good for it.
Speaker 1: He's not going to help it.
Speaker 4: So you you are going to have to continue to to exercise and to put you know, to put stress on it to keep it, to keep it warm.
Speaker 1: But man, that was that was sad.
Speaker 4: That was sad to watch because those were pretty straightforward questions and he couldn't answer him. Yeah, and like he you know, he's he's playing it off. He's smiling and he's laughing, he's doing his thing. You know, this is just eating away. Like you know, you don't as a professional athlete delete all your social media's, make new ones and then go on a tirade like you are right now. If like everything's good and you're locked in and you're just working.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's that's why I said, Like when the easy brought up, like at least is good to see him smiling and stuff Like I don't want to like downplay that because I obviously I don't know him, but I mean we've seen we've seen this before. Like that did not give me comfort, Like seeing him that saw that gave me, That gave me somebody trying to put on a strong face, trying to put on to put on a four minutes that seemed like somebody that wasn't that didn't seem like he was genuinely smiling, genuinely happy, genuinely believing even the words he was saying. I mean, if you watch him, is his body language. He's moving around, bouncing around, his eyes are looking everywhere but where he's got it, where he's got to talk to Like, that's the definition of a lot of it.
Speaker 4: And I think the worst like part, the worst factor, the biggest thing to take out of that whole thing is that he couldn't say his knee is better now than it was ten months ago.
Speaker 2: You could he be muscle the courage a lie to you about it, Yeah, which I which, thank you, you appreciate.
Speaker 4: So I appreciate that for Kirby Joseph to not just come out here and be like, oh, yeah, I'm much better ready to go, just waiting.
Speaker 1: It'll be a couple of weeks, Like.
Speaker 4: I might not play football ever, Like that's a real possibility me.
Speaker 2: According to Over the Cap, do you cut Kirby post June one, it's a ten million dollar hit. If it happens next year, it's a four million dollar hit.
Speaker 4: So you're not gonna cut They're not gonna cut him. They cut him.
Speaker 1: I think they gave him this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so too. Yeah, he's too special of a player not to give him the year. If you if he can, I I don't know how he would, but if he can, like, it's you're getting an all Pro safety back.
Speaker 1: I wonder what he looks like at this point.
Speaker 3: To be honest, you could still play, though, do we have the all I don't think we have seen this version though.
Speaker 1: I think that's the thing.
Speaker 3: Post k C game obviously, Like I don't know who this Kirby Joseph is. And he goes up for some of those interceptions. He is reading the quarterbacks, stopping at a dime, turning the other way, throwing up the deuces after getting the pick, you know, like he is.
Speaker 1: He's so much fun to watch.
Speaker 3: And this would be I hate to say, this would be the biggest sol shit I've ever heard of in my life.
Speaker 2: It would it would be.
Speaker 1: It really would put it right up there with the offensive lineman.
Speaker 4: It you drafted a Hall of Fame safety in the third round. Okay, well he's never playing football.
Speaker 3: I would compare it to that he didn't. He wouldn't lose his life, he would lose his football career. Yeah, and r I P. I do not know that man's name, and I apologize.
Speaker 4: Talking about it. It's making me a cover laborteen. He went the super chance said, shout out the heavyweights, big Amish Knicks, forty Woodward Sports and the chat crew. I'll listen to the rest in the am. Appreciate everyone for making you at home. Appreciate your always it's said, I and I hate to be like doom, you know, dooming and stuff. There is no good news coming out of this, he himself. The only good news he can give you is that he dropped a new rap song.
Speaker 2: I'll have good news off that it wasn't bad terrible.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's got he's got that. You've got that boat deck in him.
Speaker 2: Yes, So there's that. He had a line there talking about I can't it was it was all right song. It was okay song at least all the way through, because it's maybe sad halfway through it.
Speaker 5: It makes me say I can't like.
Speaker 1: This guy.
Speaker 4: Is he's so good Man.
Speaker 3: Kind of like Chris was alluding to, is there a way you can maneuver the schedule and you have him prepare for this big game here, big game there, and then holdsion games.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean just division games and playoffs.
Speaker 3: Don't travel with the team to Buffalo week two. That's a massive game. I think it's like over one thousand dollars to get into that stadium right now, the first game in that stadium, Like, that's gonna be a crazy atmosphere, Like could you imagine a healthy curb picking off Josh Allen in that building, silencing the Buffalo fans like, no, I can't, Jesse Vert.
Speaker 2: Can I change my vote? I want to talk about this. That's why yesterday would have we had good stuff talk about yesterday. Yesterday would pumped them like I don't want let's not I'm good on the Curby stuff. God bless them. I'll be praying for you, Kirby. We need them, Yeah, we need you, Yeah, we need you to. Just just a month ago, we talked about the most important play on this defense. I chose Gbby.
Speaker 1: Jose.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, let's gonna fucking break cry.
Speaker 3: A little bit tells about water Hazard, Dick, I'll tell you about the drink of the summer. It's the very first canned cocktail that Founders is put together.
Speaker 1: It is a VAKA based cocktail.
Speaker 3: I drink it every single time that I want to celebrate a big winner, just a big night out.
Speaker 1: And it is delicious.
Speaker 3: So next time you're on the golf course or next time you're at the park, there's only one drink to get and it is water Hazard by Founders, mixing a little slice of lemon in there.
Speaker 1: It's just delicious.
Speaker 3: I honestly couldn't believe how good it was, and now it is my go to drink of the summer.
Speaker 1: Make sure to check out water Hazard today.
Speaker 7: Some more Detroit Tiers coverage, make sure you subscribe to Woodward Tigers on YouTube tires all the time for the hardcore Detroit sports fans who can't get enough for the Motor City's teams.
Speaker 2: All season long, you'll get.
Speaker 7: NonStop Tigers contents from on field interviews, postgame reactions, and roundtable insight from Woodward Sports.
Speaker 12: Some days call for light, others lean bold, what about everything in between? All day IPA the easy choice for every day citrusy crisp refreshing flavor.
Speaker 13: You can float with light on the hops, big on refreshment. One's great two even better brewed with you and money, No.
Speaker 12: Short cuts, no fuss, big on flavor, never too much all day ipa hop.
Speaker 7: Into easy, Jimir Gibbs breakout season.
Speaker 2: Floating inside the five kIPS, putting a touchdown Woodward Sports.
Speaker 7: The most dominant Detroit sports coverage around.
Speaker 3: When I start getting that two o'clock feeling during the work week, I throw in a Thrive Energy pouch. It does just the trick. But it's not just for our work week. When you get to the weekends. If you got a big night out, I'd like to throw in a Thrive Energy pouch to help enhance my night. They got new flavors coming out. I just talked to the owner. He's fired up to have as as a sponsor and he loves when you guys also buy the Thrive Energy pouches. So that means a lot to us and we appreciate you guys big time. Make sure to check out Thrive Energy Pouches today.
Speaker 4: Shout to our boyd damon putting that work in today.
Speaker 1: Shout out what up?
Speaker 2: Wroking back to whatever weights Live Which Sports dot Com eas Weshban Moore action on Chris Nicholas Coloff smashing like button. Be a friend to a friend and share the stream. We're breaking down Day two of Detroit Lions training camp. All the news and updates. One of the news articles coming out today.
Speaker 1: Super chatting there, real quick clean up before we dive into it. Showtime.
Speaker 4: Tate our guy dev the dog, He says, shout out the gang of fifty one clothing.
Speaker 1: It's officially bad.
Speaker 4: You got a new laptop, more merch dropping suit, shout out, got by All right now, shout out, I'm wearing that right now. I'm wearing your clothes right now.
Speaker 2: All you got it?
Speaker 4: You got on right now? Yeah, yeah, put that ship out you.
Speaker 5: I just did one hundred percent. One hundred percent. You can't even see it because that might can't exactly exactly. You gotta believe me. I take my word for it.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to it.
Speaker 4: Wait, it's Live sports dot com.
Speaker 2: The one I want to shout through the away fan he's saying, I don't know about saying nothing good. He did get closer to God. That that is good.
Speaker 1: That is good.
Speaker 2: DNC counters with usually when you make a shift to God as a pro athlete, it's not really a great thing.
Speaker 1: That's also true.
Speaker 4: I pushed myself closer to God when I was uh, you know, changing my life, and it helped.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Amen, damn damn what you guys had to vote Kirby to start off with.
Speaker 1: I mean, what the oh?
Speaker 4: Moving on, I'm spoiling Spider Man now.
Speaker 2: Jamirkiny blows up contract updates. He's still in the building. However, I sought report today. I don't think this one came through Schefty. It was right after we got done watching Spider Man.
Speaker 4: But it looked like the talks have stalled between Jamiir Gibbs and Detroit Lines.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did see that.
Speaker 4: I saw that there was a set tweet and I'm not a lot being done with the talks, which what the fuck? Like what we thought it was like close to getting done.
Speaker 1: It is training camp.
Speaker 4: They should absolutely be engaged in talks. You've got sea on Vaki out there running routes like we need Gibbs in there immediately.
Speaker 5: Radiant radio was the word that Brad homes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was wrong.
Speaker 4: I thought there was working out the kinks. I thought they're working out the details.
Speaker 2: Hey, with the stuff this much in twenty twenty seven, we're gonna put these guarantees in twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 4: Here's a void. Here's a void. Here's a void. No, no, that's not the case.
Speaker 2: If conversations have all, that's clearly a money conversation to be had there, which we get you a number here. Maybe because you looking at Jamier Gibbs as a guy's resetting the market. It's allegedly that our guy, be John Robinson Atlanta, was offered twenty two million, said no because they want twenty three. So that's that's probably what you're talking about or around when it comes to Jamier Gibbs, beautiful.
Speaker 4: I'll give you twenty four right now, if you sign, let's get it done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, get it done. Get the boy.
Speaker 4: What is a million dollars matter? Oh, we can't afford Larry Boram like, we're not. We're not signing anybody worth the shit anyways, pay m Wait what you're holding out over a million dollars?
Speaker 1: Come on?
Speaker 4: Yes, Scott Morris is an agent. Apparently.
Speaker 3: I think of that a chain contract that's at sixteen mil average annual salary.
Speaker 1: That's a steal. That's a bargain.
Speaker 3: And I think about that a chain contract and twenty eight million more than a chain that does seem a little crazy if you are going up to twenty four I kind of like this move by Brad Holmes, not just bending over a barrel and why getting it?
Speaker 1: Why? Because I is it gonna count? Even I don't?
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: It's two years on his contract.
Speaker 4: Cool, we say we saved three million dollars on what we were gonna pay Mr Gibbs for what we're not gonna so we can we sign a third string defensive lineman.
Speaker 1: Like we care.
Speaker 3: We don't know if he'll be here in three years or four years, if he can handle the workload of a zillion carries, which he's about to get, which this organization put onto his shoulders when they traded David Montgomery.
Speaker 2: Dan camp lid slip and call the cow the bell cow today he's fat this guy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you get there, he looks a cow. Yeah, I mean no, I mean I with Spencer. What's the difference of the extra mil to three mil? Anyways, you're gonna ask for it back anyways?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: If he's not here in two years, he's not getting paid they're just gonna take the money and keep it, like they've done that before multiple times. So like, wait, hey, we're missing out on him getting stamps with the first team offense, with a new offensive line, with a new offensive coordinator, in a training camp where you're trying to get back into the playoffs over a million dollars that was going to to Christian Easian, There is no point.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm mean, I'm kind of with you guys, both sides. It's just that's that's really finnicky to be. I mean, who knows, though maybe he's not a numbers saying, maybe it's a guarantees. The guarantee could be hold off too, that's what you expected yesterday.
Speaker 5: Do you think though, it could be a hold off because of just Gibbs his way for bejon Bon's waiting for Gibbs, Like, do you think that that's the that that's the factor, or do you think that it is just a stall based on money that the Lions are willing to offer. I could see both sides, But.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, you could be cool. I mean, you could be right, you could be cool, could be cool, cool kidding Cross, You're still you, Rapport says that the talks are not all that active between Jamior Gibbs and the Detroit Lions. So that was the poort we got.
Speaker 5: But that could mean because he's waiting for Bejon, that doesn't necessarily mean that the Lions. Just like, here's here's twelve million dollars if you if.
Speaker 4: You make it such a terrible situation where David Montgomery asks out and you willingly trade David Montgomery and your penny pinching a million dollars a year over the guy that you invested your entire backfield into, in the best offense in the league, in a must win division and a need to bounce back year. It's stupid, flat out like, what what difference is a million dollars a year gonna make?
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you're if you willing to pay him up there like the twenty two, I'm coming with you on that, But we don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know what.
Speaker 2: I don't know what the number situation is. I don't know if it's guarantees. Maybe gives it his camp are looking for guarantees out of it, and hey, you play running back. We don't like if your running backs guarantees because it's one of the most physically demanding positions. I mean, you're constantly taking a beating anytime you carry the football, even though you're picking up the blitzes.
Speaker 1: It's got to be the guarantees.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think it's I think it's probably that. I don't think Brad and them have ever been shy about giving out money to the guys have earned it on this team, homegrown talent. Lasty Snares were kind of like, WHOA, what's kind of a lot for Deck Barnes, WHOA, it's kind of a lot for Lee McNeal, Like they'll go over the half of this.
Speaker 1: Yet it shut down.
Speaker 4: Wait, you people throw anybody at Gibbs, what's three million a year and then complain that we don't have depth in at the playoffs because then no depth. You got the depth you got all the players. You're not signing anybody anyways. It was Larry Borhm the difference and you're making the playoffs or not. No, I can tell you that unequivocally right now.
Speaker 1: No, he's not. Jamir Gibbs will be. Though.
Speaker 4: I'm not worried about not signing Larry Boram. I'm worried about not signing Jamiir fucking gibbs.
Speaker 3: What about the sign of after three years and we do this and he plays on his rookie deal because I think at this point he probably will have to because he is three years away or two years away, excuse me. And then you could franchise tag him, which we've seen teams do and it was a very uh it a lot lower of a number than that twenty four that we're speculating on right now. You could save probably around what twenty million if you draft another second rounder after you'd give them two earth three hundred plus carries and touches the next three years and we'll have to see what he looks like.
Speaker 4: Guess what drafts happen every year. You can draft a running back whenever you want.
Speaker 3: That's that's what I'm saying. That's probably why, Like, do you think Brad is looking at it like this? Which would be counterproductive than drafting him in the first round? But what do you guys think this is truly about?
Speaker 1: I have no idea.
Speaker 4: I literally have no They've paid everybody they have. You tell me you're willing to pay Ali McNeil, who showed flashes in one year early, but you're not willing to lock down Jamiir Gibbs, who's led the league in touchdowns since he got here. Like, make that make sense? And I know the running back position isn't that much, but you've set your brand, you've made your name on We pay our guys and don't expect big name free agents. Because we pay our guys, will pay your guy. Yeah, Like it's that simple.
Speaker 1: That's who you are. That's what you do.
Speaker 4: Are homegrown guys that show up and produce, We pay them. Those are our big moves. Then make the big move and pay the guy.
Speaker 5: I I I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go down with waiting that he's waiting for Bejeon to sign, and Bjehon's waiting for him, And I think that's the I think that's it because everything you guys are saying from the tweets from Adam Schefter doesn't necessarily say that it's because the Lions aren't offering enough money or because Gibbs wants more guaranteed. It could just simply be that talks are not happening right now because Gibbs is waiting for Bejon. So I'm gonna choose it's that because I'm with you Spencer. There's no leverage. There's no reason on God's green Earth you don't give Gibbs basically the money he demands.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 4: The Lions have absolutely no leverage in this matter at all because he can hold out, and then what are you gonna do? RB One Isaiah Pacheco if.
Speaker 1: He holds out, I trade a fourth rounder for a David Montgomery. Oh ye just traded to David Moncot.
Speaker 3: I know I'm saying if he holds out, that's what I do because running backs. Or I trade a second rounder for Devin ah Hine, who can come in here and give you a ninety five percent of what Jamir Gibbs can for sixteen million. That's what I would do off of for Itt because I I just can't believe the Devin a change contract to be honest, like Miami obviously on some other ship. That's unbelievable that they did that, and I think he is ninety five percent of what Jamir Gibbs is. That's what I would immediately do. So I just don't know, because they have paid everybody. I think this has to be a running back type philosophy from Brad Holmes possibly yeah, or the Bijon thing would make the most sense, but also why would you put it? Why would you put a number one, top fifteen pick into him? If that's the way that they believe. Yeah, maybe they wanted the player for what five second years?
Speaker 4: Want to play?
Speaker 2: Yeah, think I meant the player And it could be Brad playing hard nose. It could be the guarantees. I'm I'm probably just being out on the guarantees of it all, because, like again, even if Stereo wait for Bijon for what for an extra million dollars, Yes, that is a million dollars do it for you at that at that point, I just I don't know if that's the case. I feel like it's gotta be some of the guarantees, which I get real real quick. User in the chat says, you guys are morons. We've had Gibbs and the team is trash. When the old line was good, we had Demo and Jamal and we were killing it in the wrong game. Jamal and David Montgomery never played on the same team. Shut up, like just shut.
Speaker 4: Up by the way too like trash kind of strong like were they great?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 4: They made the playoffs? No, but they were nine to eight. Jamier Gibbs has led the NFL in touchdowns since he got into the league.
Speaker 2: Steelers and Viki's game away from being in the playoffs like this year, you could say they weren't good, and they weren't great and weren't SUPERWL contendent, But just say trash, you're just.
Speaker 4: Booner says, give them them a blank check and then complain that we don't have no money for free agents and other players.
Speaker 1: It's not gonna happen anyways.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's done. Nobody thinks that's gonna happen. Do you think they're just gonna, oh, now we're gonna sign free agents. No, it's not gonna happen. They have told you they're not going to do that because they signed their own guys.
Speaker 2: Alliance fan, I'm just gonna let you know right now, don't ever expect free agents, not with this regime. If you're respecting for ages at this point, that is a definition of in sanity. That's his definition doing the same thing over and over, expect different results. We see multiple free agencies from this team now, and if you yet to sign a big for agents now how they operate, it's not gonna go that way, it's always gonna be their guys.
Speaker 4: So there's not nothing you can complain about because nothing I ever expected.
Speaker 5: That's still get is a stop gap for a couple of years, like a like a DJ Reader or like a you know, like like somebody that somebody. Those aren't huge contact, you know, yeah, their mid tier or upper mid tier. I guess whatever you want to say.
Speaker 2: I think Cam Sutton is the largest AV we've ever given out, and that was wasn't a huge contract.
Speaker 1: I think what's his name? DJ had them beat?
Speaker 4: Yeah, DJ Reader was that was the biggest free agent contract DJ read fourteen million.
Speaker 2: I think AV hasn't been great so far, but maybe at that point too, that could be the one because what that was like two million off of Carlton Davis.
Speaker 4: I'm not mistaken, hev it's a dame.
Speaker 2: You could have kept Carlton, which is two more million to have a true blue like arguably CB one.
Speaker 4: I look at Carlton as that.
Speaker 5: Maybe they don't want to give Gibbs that extra Maybe.
Speaker 4: They don't yeah here I don't, I don't know.
Speaker 1: But yeah, maybe they don't want the better players, and it.
Speaker 2: Sucks because like listen to Dan talk about it. Do we have Dan to the clip of Dan talking about your Gibs. We don't have a clip about It's okay, I was just asking him. He sounded like real nonchalant about it, which which I kind of was too. Yeah about Gibbs, I'm not. We've always paid our guys. But like, and then the stuff comes out that that it's not active, I'm like, well, how long is it gonna take?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not. I'm not worried about like it's gonna get done. But I think holding out over a million dollar difference or a two million dollar difference is stupid.
Speaker 2: I say, the one leverage, the one bit of leverage theach one Lions have is the fact that we do have Jamier Gibbs under contract for two more years. If it comes to a point where he's missing games, it's then him that's fined. He's like sixty three grand a game each year or each each week.
Speaker 5: Deal, somebody's gonna paying me twenty three million deal.
Speaker 2: But I don't think we'd get to the pay boonoo probably, if anything, it would be like a poor taste for the organization. Maybe other teams are gonna ad it. I don't think that should be Sis, the one player that's ever gotten to this point with. But he says, we have the event.
Speaker 4: He says, how do you not understand that we're penny penny pinching right now? Every million matters? Are we? Are we that dumb that we can't realize that? I mean you might be, but this is what they're penny pinching for the reason they're pinching pennies is to pay their elite players that they drafted, like Jamiir Gibbs, because they're not doing it to sign big free agents because they don't do that. Are you too dumb to realize that?
Speaker 14: Like?
Speaker 4: What else are you pinching pennies for other than to pay the best running back in the league. Is it so we can get another Roger McCreery a steal in the free agent market? No, you're pinching pennies to pay your all pro guys, and Jamiir Gibbs is going to be an all.
Speaker 3: Pro on that On that theory right there, would you be willing to hold out a little bit and go tip for tat with Jamir laden play his game? If you want twenty four and you're offering twenty one if it's Laporta who wants sixteen and not thirteen, you know, to be able to give him the contract as well.
Speaker 4: If you're talking about each signs and it's not.
Speaker 1: Any pension, it's twenty one million.
Speaker 3: Like I just said, A Chain got paid sixteen this offseason, and you're getting five more than eight Chain, And you're able to give three more million to Sam Laporta at sixteen a year compared to thirteen. You know, if it is penny pension, if that's where their mindset is, Like I if that's the point, like I would I like them standing a little bit firm on that. If it is to give Sam Laporta a couple extra million, if he's gonna walk without.
Speaker 2: It, I'm not.
Speaker 4: I think Jamir gives as much more important to your team than Sam Laporta.
Speaker 1: I think if you have to play hardball to get them both here long term, I do it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, it gives this the one you don't gives this the one you don't play with. And I get now that the Lions are in a worse financial situation than they were, but you've already paid people, and you paid them early and handsome, Like why would you just not move heaven and Earth to get your best player, power for power, your best your best weapon locked down for the next five five years, Like I don't know.
Speaker 4: Shout out to Eddygride the super Chat.
Speaker 2: He says, these low football IQ fans are making me want to support those Spider Man real bad don't do. Great power comes great responsibility. Highly recommend shoutout Tonitty Gritty. I also recommend it. My thing Gibbs, how I think is gonna go down Even if it comes to the point where they're not, They're gonna work out the two years.
Speaker 4: I think John's gonna show up for the season and for the games. If something's not done.
Speaker 2: Obviously conversations are being had or warhead. It's been reported by guys like rad port Schefter like they're obviously willing to pay him early, but the thing is they don't have to.
Speaker 4: He's in a contract for two more years.
Speaker 2: If he hits the regular season and he's not playing, you're losing money at that point, which is just it's dumb dumb to do, because not like you'll lose money than tired of the season and be a free agent like Le'Veon Bell was with the Pittsburgh steog He goes sign with the Jets. You're the contract again for a fifth year option.
Speaker 4: But I can't believe we have actual hosts on this network that are caping, defending, and grifting off of Texans running backs, but are shitting on our own running backs. How does that make sense? Super chat in there from k d W nineteen ninety four, he says Gibbs Gibbs takes over games like prime Gurley pay him. Agreed, he could change the game in an instant, absolutely, and he's been more available than Sam Laporta.
Speaker 2: Have all the respect to samla porter Now he's missed a ton of games, but he's missed a few here and there, and we haven't had that Gibbs maybe because of luxury.
Speaker 4: If Deve Montgomery will find out this year.
Speaker 1: But I saw it in the chat.
Speaker 3: They made up a great point. It didn't have to be Sam Laporta. What if it's Brian Branch that wants twenty one and he can't get to twenty one, but you can only pay him eighteen if it's if it's a three million and they have to go hardball, and that's to get uncomfortable with their star running back, to get there to save the money from Brian Branch.
Speaker 4: Well, I just think people one of these contracts that they are a million or two away from, and they're like, no, we can't do it because we gave it to Jamiir Gibbs. That's not the person you pinch pennies from. You pitch pennies from your fourth string tackle that you just signed for eight million dollars. You pinch pennies from these six free agent cornerbacks that you signed, then none of them are any good. That's where you pinch pennies to pay good players. You're pinching pennies for these guys.
Speaker 5: And you're not making the cuts at You're not cutting from Gibbs to pay Laporta and Branch. You're cutting from Branch and Laporta to pay Gibbs. If anything, I just I don't see why you don't take care of yours If.
Speaker 4: You're penny pitching over three million anyway.
Speaker 5: I don't think you got either. You can stuff in the back.
Speaker 4: There's no way, There is no fucking way. You are sitting at a table across from Jamior Gibbs, Brian Branch or Sam Laporta, and you're at the crossroads and you're like, well, that one extra million dollars that you wanted, we just can't find it.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna let you walk. That is a fucking fantasy. That's not happening.
Speaker 4: You find you will find that money somewhere else, not with the contracts from your core players. Gibbs is the upmost important player to keep.
Speaker 2: How is the topic. There's no topic about not keeping Gibbs brother. So I want to make that a way. I know no one said we're letting him walk or anything like that. He is under contract for two years as we sit right now.
Speaker 4: We're not getting rid of him.
Speaker 1: To be honest, I'm just mind blowing that Ahan got sixteen million.
Speaker 2: They got a fucking steal, I know, and I can't.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 3: That's the thing that just it upsets me. You know, now that we're talking twenty four for Gibbs when Ahan got sixteen.
Speaker 4: Maybe there's some going out with Hm.
Speaker 2: We don't know. Maybe he's got a little secret, little a little hits his giddy out. We all know about. Well, he does have more carries and Gibbs, maybe you'll be a little bit more abuse in the body.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: That was a weird contract. And is it he's smaller than Gibbs.
Speaker 4: He is smaller, I think yeah, actually yea the same.
Speaker 1: Size, smaller, possibly faster.
Speaker 2: That'd be good race.
Speaker 4: Crunch time, Booner says, it's a business. You don't just hand out blank checks for anyone. It's not anyone. It's the way. Yeah, what are we doing?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 1: It's not just some random guy.
Speaker 4: This is arguably the most important player in your offense this year outside of Jared Goff, who needs Jamier Games to operate functionally. Yes, Like, it's not like I'm saying, don't don't worry, don't don't go to the negotiation table for dj wantam pay him whatever he wants. No, this is Jamiir Gibbs. And if the difference is a million or two dollars of him being at camp and not participating in camp, then yeah, it's stupid.
Speaker 2: Gibbs the walking endorsement, that extra two mel ate shit. Even if Robinson gets more, Gibbs a marketable that's from man Beast. Moore's with the fight Holar super yet shout out og the YouTube Detroit Lions game. You have to negotiate. You think they didn't negotiate with as Golf or Hutch. It didn't come on to this they did. Yeah, did any of those guys, miss Camp. They got the contracts. They are the highest paid their positions. And then we went about business and they got those contracts in early before the guys signed. And now you look at Saint brown O Lab's got paid.
Speaker 1: Thirty three million.
Speaker 4: It's a great time to give Jamier Gibbs what he's deserving of because then Bijon will go right over top of it. Or if you want to be Booner and you want to play, hands to your chest and then Bijon Robinson signs for twenty five million dollars a year, where's your leverage now?
Speaker 7: Zero?
Speaker 2: Jamier gives us a matter that we have Jared Goff, he all he does is win. He's gonna carry us. Guys, just know that let's get break come back.
Speaker 1: I should have done penny pinching Golf. I'll tell you listen, brother, don't get me stuck.
Speaker 4: They don't get me stuck twelve percent.
Speaker 2: I could just fucking go off right now. Ah. We love joke off here though, and we're excited to welcome Kon Auto Repair and Collision to the Women Sports Family. If you've been in an accident where your vehicle needs repairs, much like there were some of these Spider Man movie, make sure you trust a team at Icon Auto Repair and Collision with three convened location in Metro Detroit. There's one of Mass and Heights, Shelby Township and Pogtnac. They all got you covered. They offer free car owners and even offer to pay reductible. Just visit Icon Auto dot com. It's the icon you can count on, and after you fix your car, buy a house.
Speaker 5: Supreme we Lending called Chad Chris. Their numbers are on the screen today. They got zero percent doubt payment programs, ninety seven percent customer satisfaction score, and ninety nine percent clothes on time. They don't waste your time, They save your money and you get extra five hundred dollars off if you tell them what we're sports centri. So make sure you tell them Woodward's Sports CenTra and get that extra money. Today when you're buying a house.
Speaker 7: Season is almost to your Detroits and your lions are on the prow make sure you're locked into Woodward Sports for all the Dan Campbell reactions. Jared Goff Touchdowns, com and Roth first Downs, Kenny Pancakes, Kirmy Picks, Jim's big plays, and of course Jack Fox his leg stay locked in on all your Lions coverage right here on Detroit's number one sports network.
Speaker 1: Sports.
Speaker 4: You're building a whole combat sports enterprise in the heart of it in Detroit.
Speaker 1: And that's why I think it's cool.
Speaker 15: I think with opportunity, right, Like you said, maybe you like to punch people in the face for real, and you know you want to be a boxer and you have an option there. Maybe you don't like get punched in the face and you want to make you know, you like the theatricals and the storylines, and you have an avenue here. Maybe you start at one and then want to change the other. I don't care. I just want you in the building and know that you have some place to go to explore that. Just having the ability to what do you want to do and how do you want to do it to the best of your ability? And you know it all starts with the kids.
Speaker 7: A ton of fun, a ton of scores, and a ton of man Welcome to the Woodward Heavyweights Live daily PM.
Speaker 5: Woward start.
Speaker 1: Are you looking for a career upgrade.
Speaker 3: Check out Mortgage Pros, the number one mortgage broker to work for in the state of Michigan. We saw their incredible company culture firsthand at their annual block party. Their team truly loves what they do and it shows. With four point nine stars on Googling over four thousand reviews, their reputation speaks for itself. So if you are looking for a new job, give Mortgage Pros in Troy call it two four eight four one six one three six one Mortgage Pros.
Speaker 1: Let the Pros handle it.
Speaker 5: New graphics, same great pizza. Buddies Detroit Style Pizza. They've been doing it for eighty years and now they got a special on dinings or carryouts. You can get ten dollars off when you when you order fifty dollars or more with the promo code w w S twenty six. That's Woodward Sports twenty six. Make sure you're tapped in with Buddy's Pizza, the home of the original Detroit Style Pizza. Check it out, Check it out, check it out.
Speaker 2: What I Can bike to one of the weights Live Sports dot Com. I'm easy to Western mo Rex Young Chris is col smashed like button bfri in to a friend and share the stream. We got Dame in the building, maybe being the building.
Speaker 1: Shout out, shout out.
Speaker 2: He's restarted a Pokemon journey. He's all, he's all, what Pokemon? He picked Charmander this time?
Speaker 5: What game though?
Speaker 4: Pokemon Green?
Speaker 2: We have fire Red. We just beat fire Red. Okay, we've cast zappatos last night. Shout out Brice out this morning.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So now he's starting uh yeah, hell yeah, Okay, ask him maybe as damon. One thing we talked about earlier in the week was Tyler Williams is weight loss. And I'm gonna give us credit again. I'm gonna get who told you guys he's probably starting upwards of like three seventy three eighty.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's a big boy off his first year making over a million dollars. You're gonna be eating good, damn good.
Speaker 2: Got the hose too, I mean, I mean, come on, you already know he was coming in here to camp, you know, a little heavy and mini camp. He did, and then he made a commitment Dan Campbell the rest of training camp to lose weight. He's now officially at three hundred and twenty five pounds. We have Dan Campbell talking about it in his next clip here, d l changes, Uh, Tyleek hold, I don't think we have one that's specific. You do DL changes and that's fine.
Speaker 5: Fringe, Yeah, physical changes.
Speaker 10: Hint at any kind of different role for him this.
Speaker 2: Year, Like our eyes you're open.
Speaker 11: Yeah, our eyes are open, and you know we're we're willing to give him an op opportunity if there's if there's a little bit more that shows maybe he's out there a little bit more on third down, But certainly we're open to that. You know, we like Tylee, we know, we absolutely know there's a role for him and there's something that he can do for us that that we we feel like really helps us. But can it be even more than that? Yeah, our eyes are open.
Speaker 4: Sticking with that room, you guys lost a lot of masks with Reader and Lopez leaving, Like, does that change how you guys can play up front, how you want to play up front?
Speaker 1: Like what do you have to be mindful of when you just limit that much size?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean, look, it does. It's not We're not the same as we were with those two guys. And and uh and I got a ton of respect for both of those those players you talk about doing some dirty work for us. I mean they they did the dirty work and uh and they're good players, both of them. So you know, we look, certainly we're going to miss those guys. But you guys know what we got. We got, you know, on this ross getting Mac back, and we just talked about ty Leek and some of these other young guys. The tackles Levi's back. So we're gonna play it as it comes, and we if that means we move a little bit more, may we move a little bit more. But we're gonna give our guys the best opportunity to make plays up front, but also just defensively. What's going to help us, what's going to help them back end? Look, our backers will play off of it. You know, Jack is is crafty, nitty, smart, smart enough to make it right if that's where we go. But we'll see, we'll see.
Speaker 16: What put something out on social media had lost a bunch of weight. I'm just curious, like how much of that was player initiative, intrinsic motivation, or you know, something you kind of asked him to do in terms of taking the next step just being better about his conditioning during the off season.
Speaker 11: Not really proud of him, really proud of him. He he's a man of his word. You know. Before we drafted him, you know, we set up there, Brad, and I did say, is there gonna be an issue with your weight? Ever, No, he came in. He noticed that he was a little bit heavy in the spring. Came in two weeks before our program even started, and uh, was was pretty heavy. And said, hey, man, I want to get this right. And he put in the work. H Scott did a hell of a job with him. Nutritionists all that got him, got him right.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 11: And and then he's just put the work in. He's put the work in. And and I'll tell you what, man, he's a man of his word. Came in three twenty five, made his weight, uh, crushing conditioning tests and and like I told him, told the team. And so now he's put some money in the bank of trust. It's awesome and respect so really fired up.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 11: That's a credit to him.
Speaker 1: I beat them, man, you gotta beat the man.
Speaker 2: Shatrick Flair and shout at Tygy Williams, like you said, some money and then the bank count of Trust for Dan camb with the coaching staff, came through a little bit overweight, made the commitment to losing it and did so. I think that's a positive thing of multiple fronts. One with the coaching staff, obviously we just talked about it, but two even for him to get the little ada boy heading into the camp, or just the know that you can do it. You know, I'm saying like, it's I'm gonna lose the weight right now. It's being less in a way. It's if it feels good, it gives you extra confidence and extra belief that you can go out and do these other things which he's gonna try to do this season as a starter in a focal point is Detroit Lions defensive line.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and again, I want to put this out there. Never trust a skinny person talking about fat people.
Speaker 1: Just don't.
Speaker 4: Because like if you were worried about Tyleek Williams losing weight, like come on, if you were saying, oh, he's gonna play edge or he's gonna move out to linebacker like people thought he was down like two seventy to eight, not a fucking Some of the most ridiculous takes I've ever heard. It was he was good. He's gonna be your nose tackle. This Yeah, that's what you drafted him to be.
Speaker 2: If you watch Dan Campbell in the room, I think it's during what's I forget the name of every single time, it's phenomenal inside the den. When they drafted Tai League Dan and Brad, Brad was like and next to the leam and Aleim's your three tech. This guy's gonna be the big tackle and he's gonna come in here. I think he showed promise last year. I expected at a more consistent level this year. And you know through camp we get a little handsy right now, no pads yet, but he's been making place he handed. It's against Ben BArch and Juice Scrugs and we don't have left Guarden there right now. But you know, I like to hear these dominated the second guy up though you don't want to hear he's losing those reps, those guys keeping up with them.
Speaker 4: I want to hear my first round picks making them look silly.
Speaker 5: So I don't want to take away from this at all, because what you guys said is true. I just want to build on it and say that I'm now excited to hear about the progression, Dan speak about the progression in his game, because this was this was all about just, Hey, this guy is a man of his word, he's he's got a work ethic good. That's all the great things you want to hear. But building on that, now, I can't wait till the next time Dan Campbell speaks on him and talks about look at the progression he's making and you know in this part of his game, in this area of his game, I've noticed a strong difference. That's the stuff I can't wait for, because that is what's going to determine just how good this defensive line is. He's you know, he's gonna be a big X factor in what makes this overall defense just be passable like we need it to be, is him being able to stop the run. And that's what I can't wait for Dan Campbell. This is obviously a great start, but now I can't wait to hear about the actual progressions in his game, not just that he's a man of his word and you know, working hard.
Speaker 3: This is what he needs to say. And this is all off of the field stuff, because I'm with Chris on this one. He needs to be a guy and not just a guy, a very productive guy for this team and this defense next to Alee McNeil. Did you hear the words out of Dan Campbell's my mouth about the guys behind him? So yeah, we got some young guys and Levi on Zarique, Levi.
Speaker 2: You show some damn respect by on Zarique.
Speaker 3: If we're putting our faith back into Levi on za Rique is your third defensive.
Speaker 1: Tackle out of your mouth? We got big issues.
Speaker 3: Dan set some young players. He didn't even mention any of the guys. That's how bad this could get if Tylee doesn't take a step up. This is where I'm with Chris. It needs to be on the field compliments coming out about how he has improved, specifically from year one to year two, because if he does take a big jump, it helps out this defense, you know, drastically.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and again like you really don't know how heavy these heavyweights actually are, Like how big those defensive linemen are, because Tyler Williams can show up at three point fifty and show up at three twenty five and look the exact same. So him being at what was upwards of three hundred and seventy pounds, Like, yeah, it was okay for him to lose fifty pounds and now that is what you need because, like Nick said, the depth behind him is not as good as it was last year. So he's gonna have to play more snaps. He's going to have to be out there. He can't be taking time off, he can't be splitting reps. They're gonna need him out there for a majority of the snaps. On defense, I think he is able. I think he's willing, and now that I his endurance and his stamina are up, I think we're gonna see the best out of Tyler Williams.
Speaker 2: Well, you especially won too here and Dan Campbell mentioned the weight that left the room talking about the DJ reader or Roy Lopez like that. You don't have that guy to go split snaps with. Yeah, he's not a reliable guy. Roy Lopez a phenomenal for you last year. Obviously, DJ Reid the entire of his career has been one of the best nose tackle big tackles in the National Football League.
Speaker 4: We don't have that guys to split reps with him.
Speaker 2: So if he's coming in healthier, he was taking a step forward in his game and the run defense and stuff like that. That's everything you need every that you want to hear in this defense. Defensive line specifically, you need them to produce because you don't have much else outside of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah maybe Jack.
Speaker 3: I also think like this is what you need to hear in the offseason from a first round pick, sixth rounder. I could give a shit. This is a first round pick that he was asked to do something.
Speaker 1: He did it.
Speaker 3: This is gold Star Day one offseason stuff. Now it's time to really get going on the field. Which somebody just said that they ride that Tyler Kata.
Speaker 1: Good day. So great to see that.
Speaker 2: Yep, Actually I will get to that. Hell yeah, or we are over.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's go break it and let me tell you about Mad Packs. Go to get madpacks dot com and find a store near you carrying the best product in the game, whether its Titler, pre Rolls, Boomshock, Locked, transl Is, TC, Blease, Peck, Fuse, Moon Rocks, or any of their top shelf strings. Go to get madpas dot com and find it near you today, Mad Flavor, Mad High, Mad Packs.
Speaker 7: For more Detroit Tigers coverage, make sure you subscribe to Woodward Tigers on YouTube The Old Tigers All the Time for the hardcore Detroit Sworts fans and can't get enough for the Motor City's teams. All season long, you'll get non stop Tigers consent from on field interviews, postgame reactions, and roundtable inside from Woodward Sports.
Speaker 14: It's game on at Artin Jakes, wings Burgers, pizza and ice cold drink served up with attention to detail, Wall to wall TV's great service and a vibe that keeps your crew coming back. Artin Jakes a sports bar setting with a fine dining flavor.
Speaker 7: We don't like to brag that we are the toughest sports network in Detroit, but we do have a guy named Darren McCarty on our shot Woodward Sports.
Speaker 4: Jakes, Ladies, jum.
Speaker 2: If you not had enough about the Detroit Tigers, then don't worry. There is a game going on August six. We'll be watching the game August six at the Arton Jakes in Washington Township for sure, but we're also talking Detroit Lions training camp all right. If you're scared to watch Tigers, don't fret training camp seasons here. August six. We'll turn up before summer wraps, but Arton Jakes and Washington Township be there game starts at four to ten, plus you'll have a chance to win a pair of Tiger tickets two pairs of Tiger tickets during the watch party. Don't miss out at Arton Jake's August sixth at Arton Jake's Washington.
Speaker 4: Township, Max Clark, Max Clock. I couldn't even be excited about Max Clark because this schoogle stuff.
Speaker 2: Man, I'm just I don't know. I'm not a fan of Chris Silich right now.
Speaker 1: I'm pissed off at the Boomers too.
Speaker 3: But yeah on Twitter, Yeah, I was getting attacked on TikTok so so annoying.
Speaker 2: Man. Well for what.
Speaker 4: Hopefully his attitude is changed, shut though, Fuck up?
Speaker 1: Janis like Max Clark's.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hopefully he has a fantastic attitude. The guy shows up happy and excited every day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's just a real piece of work, that guy, Max Clark. Everybody knows whoa Hey, Jeff Walker in the building.
Speaker 5: Uh what up though?
Speaker 4: Walking back to what waits live?
Speaker 2: Smashing like Button B friends with the friendship this dream, I'm easy to much more racks Nicholas cole Off and we got Jeff, we got b but we're keeping things rolling. Training camp standouts for the Detroit Lions today, Tyleek Williams did get his name out there.
Speaker 4: He was working Jewe Scrugs.
Speaker 2: But the thing is, it's persistent with Alee McNeil and Levon Zlrique. Turns out jew Scruggs might just be Juwe Scrubs. They day two hold Rust camp to come. No pads yet, but they'll speak a little differensive line news for you there for you're you're not a rookie anymore but your second year defensive tackle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and like like you know, Tyler, let's keep the first sentence and hold on to that, Okay, TYLERK Williams shows out at camp because like the working Jewe Scruggs part is like yeah, I mean I would, I would sure hope. So but like you said, it's good to hear he's not losing those reps and he is standing out because it's kind of like kind of like the summer League. Like you want if you're supposedly starting nose tackle, your first round defensive tackle is going up against a backup. You want to see him dominating that guy up and down the field. And by all accounts, Tyleek was, which is very good. Maybe that says something about our interior offensive line depth.
Speaker 2: But we could get into that later depth conversation.
Speaker 4: Not your stars guy, Yeah it was at the starters, but it's that's what you need from Tyleek because like he is, you're gonna have to send two guys at TYLERK Williams, this new and improved you know, compact suv Tyleek Williams. You're gonna have to send two guys at him to stop him because of his strength, because of his mass, and because of where he is that straight line to the quarterback. And if that is the case, if he forces that double team all year, which I know that some people like to stat watch nose tackles for some reason, But if he does what he's supposed to do, which is command a double team all see, it makes Alee McNeil get one on ones. It helps Aiden Hutchinson not see three guys every game. Yes, it helps a guy like Jack Campbell scraped down and clean up tackles easier. So like that's what he needs to do. He needs to be such a disruptor that teams can't block him one on one, and I think he can beat that.
Speaker 2: This piece from Jeremy Riseman of Pride choice is Levon Zerrique was limited in practice on Wednesday. On Thursday, he was rotating with the first team at three technique and even took a handful of snaps at big end while he was working a bit further down the depth chart. It's worth recognizing Makaile Wingo was also able to generate a noticeable pressure Levon Zerrika gett first team snaps. It's a health thing for me. It's always kind of been a helped thing with Leon for sure. Twenty twenty four, watched the opening night against the Rams. Levi was huge in that game. He was huge against the Carters as well too, But like most Brad Holmes draft picks, it's not always available to be huge for you.
Speaker 4: Ethan Toder Motorsports with the super chat great name, he says, uh, Nick Whiteside will get.
Speaker 1: More playing time this year, dude lockdown of BUCA.
Speaker 4: Last year when we're UH and the Bucks were on a heater, he did look very good in that UH in that Tampa Bay game, and Whiteside was one of Nolan Bianci's standouts from the first day of camp. So yeah, I wouldn't be surprised. But going back to the defensive line and more specifically Leevi Islanke, I agree, Easy. I think if healthy Lee Island Zike is a very good like backup tackle the half. He has shown in this league that when healthy he can produce. But the biggest thing is when And I know we get sick and tired of hearing that about every single player on our roster, but you know they they believe in the guy. Oh hopefully he can stay healthy.
Speaker 3: Nick, do you believe I'm just getting the official numbers here real quick, easy, what is your belief that Leevi Island can stay healthy?
Speaker 1: Uh? In reserve role?
Speaker 2: Ten twelve games that I feel comble saying, yeah, I mean, I'm hoping for sixteen seventeen, but at least in a twelve.
Speaker 3: Out of a possible eighty five games in his career, he's played forty two, so I would take eight. Happily in this season, I would I would love to.
Speaker 1: Gotta be kids in Jesus Christ, I would give.
Speaker 14: At least eight.
Speaker 1: Uh, that's where it starts.
Speaker 3: But six and a half you cannot, you cannot realistically rely upon this guy. And the Detroit Lions are going to have to the same exact way that they did with Marcus Davenport because they backed themselves into these corners and they have to rely upon guys that are injured every year.
Speaker 1: And that's where this team is at.
Speaker 3: So if Levi has a season like twenty twenty four where he came down with twenty eight tackles, one and a half sacks, thirteen quarterback hits, I'd be happy.
Speaker 1: But I just can't expect it at this point.
Speaker 3: And that's just where I think this team, you know, really puts themselves behind the eight ball, and it's continuously time and time again.
Speaker 2: That's I can't say nothing when it comes to a lot of the injury conversations this team. They've been persistent enough with some particular players that I have no rebuttal it's just it's just truth. These guys got to come back, They got to be healthy. I do have one of the guy that I want to talk about, but I think he might deserve his own segment.
Speaker 4: But it can be upset earlier.
Speaker 1: No, it's fine.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think we can take three minutes off who do a rookie review. We'll make it a rookie review.
Speaker 2: We come back.
Speaker 4: How about that. I'll check up on the rookies. We have rookie rookie what are what.
Speaker 1: Are you more?
Speaker 4: What are you more confident in Tyler Williams being the guy or Levi playing ten games.
Speaker 2: Tyler Williams being again one time the guy for sure?
Speaker 1: Okay, good because again I'm there with you.
Speaker 4: I've been seeing it all week as we've seen the flashes Tyler like doing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think the best part about it when you're like, in context of things, when do we see Tyler do it a little bit more later on in the season, which meaning he was picking up like the pro game right at the NFL level, getting.
Speaker 4: Get adjusted to like what it is up with the big boys.
Speaker 2: So the fact that those like those moments came late in the season, I felt like he means he progressed. And now you're going to the second year of that, I think you can depend on a little consistity there, and we've had a large enough stample size of Levi. Unfortunately, next said, what forty two eighty games available?
Speaker 5: Eighty five?
Speaker 1: Yeah, less than half, less than eighty five, not great. I'm calling it half.
Speaker 2: Six and a half, all right, it's gonna break come back man, rookie rookie progress report for you during Detroit Liance training Camp. But fist, we tell you guys about the Yard Dough I Center. They've been doing it for over thirty years, over one hundred thousand operations in their back pocket, and they get most of patients.
Speaker 4: In and out with under eight minutes and most people are seeing twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: The very next day. That's a Yaldo Iye Center. They've been around for a long time. Right now doing a special summer deal for just sixteen ninety nine per ie you get your eyes fixed. It means no more glasses, no more contacts, and no more of the price tags accumulate with. That's a one time payment of sixteen ninety nine to get your eyes fixed at the Yard Eye Center.
Speaker 7: The hunting season is almost to here, Detroits and your Lions are on the prow. Make sure you're locked into Woodward Sports for all the Dan Campbell reactions, Jared Goff touchdowns, Common Roth first downs, Kenny Pancakes, Kurmy Ficks, Jim's big plays, and of course Jack Fox his leg Yes.
Speaker 2: Stay locked in on all your.
Speaker 7: Lions coverage right here on Detroit's number one Sports Network Sports, Jamiir Gibs breakout season.
Speaker 5: Bloating Saw the Five gets the Touchdown.
Speaker 7: Woodward Sports the most dominant Detroit sports coverage around.
Speaker 1: Bloom dot Com.
Speaker 4: Go to Loom dot com to find a Loom location near you. Use promo code WSN thirty to get thirty percent off your order, and make sure you check out some of their buzzing energies. Seven and a half milligrams TC one hundred milligrams of caffeine in a camp. Check it out alum near you. It's Loom dot Com, Loom Cannabis. What up though, Welcome back to whatever Weight's live? Which sports dot Com?
Speaker 2: Easy you watch morax so on Chris Nicholas call off Jeff walking in the building, just creeping weird guy. Noah uh, smashing like budd and be friends the stream shout the Jeff Um. Time for your rookie report from training camp. We got to stand out today. It was Jimmy roler for the second time now and not just the second, well the second time in training camps. Because day two of training camp this guy would also move to Mike different position. They put him there so it can help him understand the rest of the field too, right, because you got you got it on a little bit of will you got to a little bit of sand because you're out there directing, calling the shots. But he also had a good mini camp too, picking up Teddy Bridgewater three times, yeah twice at least yes in the practice balling out again today. Jimmy Rolder a the Detroit Lions that I'm gonna camera again just day two of camp. A bit of a surprise in me. I thought this kid was gonna be a special teamer. I mean, they're raving about him so far.
Speaker 1: It's good to hear. It's good to hear.
Speaker 4: You need it with the depth and like I know, Brad likes to coin himself the cornerback whisper, but he might actually be a linebacker whisper of sorts when you look at the draft picks that he's made with. You know, Derek Barnes, say what you want about him, He's still a good player in this league. Obviously, Jack Campbell the first team All Pro. Malcolm Rodriguez a six round pick that turns into a starter. Like he has a good eye for guys that could play backer in the NFL. So am I expecting Jimmy Roler to be a difference maker for this defense, Like, probably not, but if you can get anything out of him, it's a plus, and you're definitely going to have a full out competition for that spot. So he's he's there as much as anybody when it comes to winning that spot out of camp.
Speaker 2: I uh, I just I'm gonna come out and say I might have been wrong on him again, I was calling a special teamer. He's a blurb from uh, Justin Rodgers that I continue to be impressed with the rookie lineback of Jimmy Roler. It isn't a single moment like the Barnes interception to day by the way Barnes first inception training camp on Jared Goff, but a culation of a bunch of small things that Roller is doing right.
Speaker 4: The Michigan product is fitting runs well.
Speaker 2: He's in position to make quick stops on screens, and he came screaming around the edge to impact the pocket and a delayed blitz. He's going to be near the top of the list of players I'm looking forward to watching this preseason.
Speaker 1: This is like this high praise.
Speaker 2: It is high praise and this is probably again this molely comp forward off the top of my head, So don't kill me here.
Speaker 4: I remember I was slow rolling on Brian Branch. I'm like, let's chill, He's a rookie.
Speaker 1: Let's relax. We got CJ GJ.
Speaker 2: But every day there was something coming out about him. It's been the same way in a sense with Jimmy Roler.
Speaker 5: To be fair, he picked off multiple time retireing. Teddy Bridge multiple.
Speaker 1: Retired a couple of times for every time he retired.
Speaker 3: Last time I saw Teddy two Gloves, he was like he was breaking down, like a crash in Florida, like that happened in front of him, like some viral.
Speaker 1: Honestly, we should find that video. That'st time I saw Teddy two gloves, he was working at oldies like.
Speaker 6: I'm yeah, I'm not as you to make sure motherfuckers are returning their cards.
Speaker 2: I do want to put some preface with some context. It's been all second team reps, all right.
Speaker 4: Still, if you're dominating the second team, it means you should probably be on the first team. And he's always been like, will you never never? I don't think it was Mike at Michigan.
Speaker 3: Nick was he I'm trying to think back of last year's Michigan season and if you want to look at his highlights, that houseman who is their middle linebacker. I'm pretty sure you're on the mic, but I would just say, and sorry to spending for this one. We were on the mic together for that one. But it's all about that Michigan State game. Go watch the highlights of Jimmy Rolder against Michigan State and you're gonna.
Speaker 1: Be buying all of these I promise you that.
Speaker 3: And to be honest, easy, I need something to you know, get me excited about the Lions right now.
Speaker 1: I'm buying into the hype. I really am.
Speaker 3: All the negative news coming out today, whether it's the Gibbs contract, whether.
Speaker 1: It's Kirby's knees.
Speaker 3: I need to buy into one of these young rookies being able to come in and contribute.
Speaker 1: And if you get paired next to.
Speaker 3: Jack Campbell, I'm sure you're gonna be able to be put into good situation.
Speaker 1: So Roller getting a shot. Hopefully he can, you know, make some big plays this season. He's got Jesse Demon.
Speaker 6: Dude, the guy's just talking to his son and he's a figure out laughing for no reason making me.
Speaker 4: Laugh, But no, I mean it's yeah, you'd like, these are the players that you need like now, and you know when if you're pinching pennies for Jamiir Gibbs, like you're gonna need your fourth string linebackers to pan out, like if if you know, if you if you don't have a million dollars to make sure your I don't know, best running back in the league is getting paid, then you definitely need your fourth stringers to work out because you're not signing anybody else if you can't sign Jamiir Gibbs. But it's all jokes aside, there is some true behind that. Like with all of the contracts that you're giving out and all of the contracts that you have yet to give out, you're going to need some surprises. You're going to need that fourth round pick to step up and win a starting spot. You're going to need that sixth round pick or that UDFA to make a roster and to win a rotation spot. Like those are the guys that you gotta have. And we know that Brad Holmes, you know, has been good at finding diamonds in the rough in those later rounds and I don't know if fourth round is considered later rounds. But to be a starter, to be a starter on a team like it's that's I would say, beating the odds. If you're finding this could be me.
Speaker 2: I could be wrong with like long term tube like out of this draft specifically, I don't think myself included. Now. People looked at it as like a high draft, like a draft full of like blue chip talent, and so if you're finding guys in the fourth round and that those are home run hits, in my opinion, I just wish it was like a secondary like like I wish, yeah, I just not to be greedy, but you know, I was little just looking for Abney stuff.
Speaker 4: Why and it's Rakeshaw with three picks in camp, Derek Barnes picked off Jared Goff.
Speaker 2: Nick Whiteside was place. But again that's that's the third team. That's probably why I really brought that one up too much. Spider Man, it was a wamp up. Yeah, when you look at each other, was watching that ship through his photo. I can't escape it. Other rooky report, Blake Miller getting again all starting reps at right tackle today, However, suck it.
Speaker 1: Nick the Wolverine.
Speaker 2: However, Aiden Hudson snook his way over there and had that man grasp him for air. Yeah, I guess he hit this nasty spin move on the inside. I love Blake Miller fucking.
Speaker 4: Doing one of these.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's gonna happen.
Speaker 4: It's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: If you guys know that's is pretty good.
Speaker 3: Friend of the network, Blake Miller, friend of the network. Uh yeah, after you spend him on the head, sneak him.
Speaker 4: No, I say, like, hutch is pretty good. I'm not gonna be I'm not gonna be upset about, you know, Blake Miller losing some reps to Aiden Hutchinson. I would honestly be more upset if Blake Miller was winning reps against Date Hutchings. I'll be like, funk all right, hutch.
Speaker 2: Come on, dj wanhum also got the better of them across the edge, got his hand. I want to gosplalls and tip that one away too. So uh, it's day two of camp.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one one play from hutch one play from Wantum. I'll take it, honestly, Yeah, yeah, for sure, as long as it's to me. If it's Derek Moore getting him time and time again, We'll see like if that goes down when it does, but obviously he said first team, so Wantum Uh if that continues. If Wantum's a lot like getting to the quarterback a lot, That's where I'll start to have a little bit of worries. If it's continuously Hutch. I'm not concerned at all if U is the one beating him. But if it's Wantum beating him and he's not improving, I think then we'll have to have have some issues or expect some you know, not great play to start and try not to overreact, although I probably will overreact.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 3: You know, if the New Orleans Saints sactary golf three times and it's all coming from the right side, Blake Millard some.
Speaker 2: News in that category though, to Brian bres Form, the first round pick of the Saints torn a c L expected to be from him.
Speaker 4: That's three and already no three torn a cls with with camp like Samar Stewart, Mar Stewart, Nick Scourt, he's fine.
Speaker 2: They just said no way. Yeah when they said that, and then in that post too they said the natural naturally Bendi Shamar Stewart a voids injury.
Speaker 1: What that sounds easy, sounds like you're glad again. I don't want to He's not hurt. Now we could complain. It's still goat.
Speaker 4: Watch this, watch we find Chris.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I gotta go find it.
Speaker 1: I've never seen it.
Speaker 2: How did this?
Speaker 1: You know? Do not get hurt? Are we confirming that he is not having torn?
Speaker 5: Confirmed?
Speaker 2: Easy?
Speaker 5: Is it? I only see the Marvin harrisone.
Speaker 4: Uh, then I might not have sent Did scorrting get hurt Toocrton towards hurting fort for Gordon? We did not send it, Chris.
Speaker 1: Did you say that this.
Speaker 4: Chick was hurting for a squirting and this one was a hoe for show?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I remember her, and she was a hoe or show. I don't have anything on on the leech fairs, the acquisitions. It's like six hours ago.
Speaker 2: Adam Schefter Beagles ed Schamar Stewart was carved off yesterday after scary looking knee injury. Suffered just a hyper extended knee and will have treatment per rap sheet. The belief is no longament damage for Stuart. He's good. Good for him and rapports of the natural natural LUBINDI that's crazy that I'm sending it, Chris.
Speaker 7: This.
Speaker 4: She looks crazy. It's definitely like something. It looks pretty gross. Something should have happened. Then he gets carded off.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say one more thing, dammit. Nothing on Derek Moore yet, So for a little bit of special team reps, I haven't seen anything. No, we're not even in pad yet. And again my expectation, I love Nick, my expectation of Deck Morris.
Speaker 1: This guy sticks shouldn't have got drafted in the second round. Most overrated player on the lines. That's how easy feels.
Speaker 2: So I'm cutting Nick saying all that. Yeah, anytime de w is a good game, we're cutting. Send that multi couder please, I got that multicoder.
Speaker 4: Nothing from Keith Abney yet, what the rookie am I missing.
Speaker 1: Abney, More Blake Roller.
Speaker 2: Gil Howard. Nothing from those guys and nothing from Tyree West. But there back of the half of the draft, in fact, they were they scared me for Kay was doing well. Yeah, yeah, they're probably.
Speaker 1: You're scared Foray Wingo.
Speaker 2: I was scared for because drafted like his two of his prototypes. It's like, it's like, what was w hiring two more Jeffs. I'm like, what's going on?
Speaker 7: Here.
Speaker 4: That's trying to replace me with what I'm saying, fair cash in for a new model.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I'm saying. What's going on here? I have you a little bit nervous.
Speaker 2: But he survived. That's kind of it for the rookies. They're the ones doing anything of you know of note and maybe Jimmy orolder. I mean, that's does that become your will? I mean it was a freaking nick. Have you looked at his baseball stats.
Speaker 7: Video?
Speaker 1: You should look it up.
Speaker 4: He was like they said he could have gone pro what in Guatemala?
Speaker 2: Maybe?
Speaker 4: But yeah, they're saying some great things.
Speaker 1: What's d oh? Yeah, here's.
Speaker 2: You guys. Are he survived?
Speaker 5: He survived. Let's say that one more time, one more time.
Speaker 1: You Chris Enhanced, I.
Speaker 2: Haven't muted, Okay, okay, yeah, it's you guys, Enhances Brown and hand in Hance.
Speaker 5: All right, here we go from the top. Hell ah, the naturally bendy.
Speaker 2: Naturally bendy. First round picks left right, that's left left leg? Which leg? Yeah, I look at the left lake for sure. There's a part of me.
Speaker 4: I don't want to say it that if he's hurt, I can ride out be like, yeah he was, he could have been good.
Speaker 1: Yeah not not never. You truly are believe good opportunities though.
Speaker 4: With Dexter Lawrence in there, yeah, he's gonna be seeing a lot of one on one. Excuse me from this year, you're too You said training camp last year.
Speaker 2: Now you have a whole season on your belt.
Speaker 4: Damn.
Speaker 2: There not to excuse for Schamar Stewart this season.
Speaker 4: All right, And there's no excuses to not smoke the amnesia from or the switch from amnesia unless you're a child. Go to hear that Bryson don't do godding Spencer near you and ask him for the amnesia switch. It's the hot bud tender that you're trying to flirt with. We'll be like, oh, damn, he knows ball. It's got two flavors of liquid Thaca diamonds in one device. It's the switch from amnesia. Make sure you go check it out.
Speaker 7: For more Detroit Tigers coverage. Make sure you subscribe to Woodward Tigers on YouTube.
Speaker 4: All Tigers, all the time.
Speaker 1: For the hardcore Detroit sports.
Speaker 7: Fans who can't get enough for the Motor Cities teams all season long. You'll get non stop Tigers contents from onfield interviews, postgame reactions, and roundtable insight from Woodward Sports.
Speaker 12: Some days call for light, others lean bold, What about everything in between, the easy choice for every day citrusy Chris refreshing flavor.
Speaker 13: You can float with light on the hops.
Speaker 1: Big on refreshment.
Speaker 13: One's great two even better, brood with you and no shortcuts, no fuss, big on flavors, never too much, all day, ipa hop into easy.
Speaker 4: You're building a whole combat sports enterprise in the heart of it in Detroit, and that's what I think it's cool.
Speaker 15: I think with opportunity, right, Like you said, maybe you like to punch people in the face for real, and you know you want to be a boxer and you have an option there. Maybe you don't like get punched in the face and you want to make you know, you like the theatricals and the storylines, and if you have an avenue here, maybe you start at one and then want to change the other. I don't care. I just want you in the building and know that you have some place to go to explore that. Just having the ability to what do you want to do and how do you want to do it? To the best to your ability, and you know it all starts with the.
Speaker 7: Kids, Jimmy and Gibs breakout season.
Speaker 5: Bloating shot, the five Kids to the touchdown.
Speaker 7: Woodward Sports the most dominant Detroit sports coverage around.
Speaker 2: Crown Lays Jump and nothing allowed me enjoy Spider Man more than smoking that gold Crown before we walked in. It was an amazing movie. I recommend it, just like I recommend the Gold Crown, Royal Jesters or Quad and fuse one and a half grams packed in the one giant dube.
Speaker 4: Don't think, just ask for gold Crown smoke like World Team Bone Journal, What up?
Speaker 2: Welcome back to Ward, Heavy Waste Live, which sports dot Com Moms, Joe wants me more, rack Crazy Nicholas caul Off and we be just the happiest if you smashed that lot button right there in front of you.
Speaker 4: A couple of things that I can today. They were heavy on the screens.
Speaker 2: I don't necessarily know if that means going to be a I fucking hope it means they're not gonna be I mean it makes sense because you have a little bit more athletic guys on the offensive line in comparison to last year. But I think you're also just like you have to like get those down. I think today you know, I'm saying that's the emphasis on today's camp and.
Speaker 4: Like you're starting running back, isn't there? So can't be running the ball too much.
Speaker 2: It's fair too. Yeah, heavy emphasis on the screens today for the detrol Lions. I don't think it's indication on what the play calling is going to be. I do and maybe they're not allowed to say this.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I'll reach out to maybe know when or something like that.
Speaker 2: I do want to know more about, like who's on the field offensively with the first unit? Are they still doing the thirteen personnel like yesterday? Is it Isaac Tesla? Like what we got going in that department? But yeah, heavy emphasis on the screens.
Speaker 4: Nick, you had a segment cooked up that you're excited to talk about, right, I'm just kidding you guys, if you're prepared to be honest, Yeah, you have the whole show show on your shoulders and you're ready to carry it.
Speaker 1: Right. You guys definitely didn't not want baseball.
Speaker 3: I guess one part of the whole entire Lions thing that we just kind of talked about Blake Miller going up against Hutch, going up against you don't want them? Uh, what do you guys want to see Blake Miller develop through this first rookie or through this first training camp for him? Like is it pass pro mostly? Is it run blocking? Do you want to hear obviously glowingly remarks like do you believe they will? Because you know these beat writers, they're gonna blow you up and they're blow some smoke up your chan.
Speaker 1: You know these writers. And then they called me a tough guy. And are you guys going at all? Do you guys have any tickets to go?
Speaker 4: Yes, we'll be going with the guy Mike Nice. I believe it's tenth or third. I don't know. I don't remember shout out.
Speaker 1: That's difference a week. And what are your expectations for Blake Miller expectations?
Speaker 4: The comment over a little yesterday.
Speaker 2: I know you were here, but we were talking about we expect him to be a last athletically in the run game. Uh, get Jamier gibbson space with this guy. I saw some comment on the reel that we posted last night about it. He's like, you're comparing on the penn A School. No, I'll compare on one aspect of his game that I think he execute that you saw out of penn A School. I'm not saying he's gonna be pen A Sool all around, but one thing that Penay Sool can do because he's such a fucking athletic freak, is get out in space in front of his running back.
Speaker 4: And clear defenders. I think Blake Miller has that capability. He is, you know, by the holy measure of athleticism in the NFL, a better athlete than Penne Sool. He had a higher RAS score coming out coming out of college than Penney School did. And uh, what I want to see out of Blake Miller is the small things, the timing, the verbiage, then the playbook, all of that stuff. So we don't see what happened in week one last year happened again. So we don't see the offensive not on the same page. So we don't see guys missing blocks or not knowing their assignment because they think they're in different place. I need everything locked down mentally and communication wise on that side of the offensive line because it's a second year guy in Tate Ratlie and a rookie and Blake Miller, So they need to be one hundred percent on the same page with all of their verbiage, with all of their calls, with all of their you know, their footwork and things like that. I don't need guys, you know, tripping on other people's feets and stuff like that.
Speaker 5: Is it more for for year one? For him? Is it more concerning? This is to all of you, guys?
Speaker 1: Is it more?
Speaker 5: Is it more concerned? Are you more worried about the physical side of it or the mental side of it? Like just like being you know, a young rookie being overpowered physically, Are you more worried about that or are you more worried about what you said Spencer, the kind of the getting the synchronization with the offensive line.
Speaker 4: I don't know if he's ever going to be like truly overmatched physically just because of the type of physical specimen he is. But it's the speed of the NFL that takes them getting used to so that I think that's what it is. More it is which is going to take time in game, in season reps, like that's the only way you can get that kind of that kind of feel. So they got to get the speed. Uh, he's got to learn the speed of the NFL, which is not going to be something that he could pick up on until they're seeing live action.
Speaker 5: Easy say say same, do you focusing on like the speed of the NFL or is it just more of the the playbook side of it, like the the just the understanding part of it. What are you more like worried about coming into the coming into the rookie year that he's starting.
Speaker 1: Probably the skill.
Speaker 2: Set aspect on past blocking specifically. We saw a couple reps against Ruben Bain at the collegiate level. We were like, oh fuck, there are Ruben baynes On. Damn there every other team in the National Football League, and so I wanted to get that down. I think he gets more up. I'm sorry Jesus. Reps against hutch that help m out a little bit there too, But I think when it comes too and I got I'll bring it back into just run block. I fink it's more of a physical game than anything else, you know, the trenches. I figured it's more mental. Yeah, you say, agency guy, I had that fucking dog in you, and I think he has that. It's just the skill set and pass blocking that I think he needs to work on and refine at the next level, especially because Jered Goff, you know, if there's a guy after him kind of fucked.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: For me, that's exactly what uh I was worried about on draft day. It is the speed that he could get beat on in college. So when you're going up against some of the best speed rushers in the world, that's what concerns me. And you're gonna see Sam Laporta over there a lot early in his career. But even when like multiple people came and he had to pick up on like separate blitzes off that right side, even if it wasn't the guy straight in front of him, he has to be able to pick up on the guy the linebacker coming after, you know, which would be the speed rusher off the edge. So to me, that's the biggest thing is the speed of the NFL. That does concern me going into twenty twenty six.
Speaker 4: This guy's coming, Everyone's coming, Jeff shut out the man, Yeah, Jeff is Jeff's an agent of chaos. Yeah, No, you're right that that's what he's gonna have to what he's gonna have to work on for sure, And if he had that, he would have been, you know, top top ten pick. So uh, he definitely knows what he needs to work on. I'm sure the Lions' staff knows what he needs to work on. And I think it's something that he'll get with reps. Like I said, there's gonna be growing pains, there's gonna be he's gonna get beat bad a couple of times, but it's it's going to progressively get better.
Speaker 2: And this is completely my fault for not getting to it. It's something that we've already said. This is more of a haha, and we told you so. But when you asked us and we had these conversations last week, what we want to see out of this team to be successful.
Speaker 4: If you want to talk about.
Speaker 2: Super Bowls or getting deep in the playoffs, we told you run the football and stopping the run. Chris. We got Dan Campbell talking about the things he wants to see out of his team coming out of camp yep.
Speaker 11: Probably the most. I want to know that we can run the football. I want to know we can stop the run, and I want to know that we're ready for situational football. Probably those three things. If you want me to feel comfortable. The other stuff will come. You know, a man, we're a little off on red zone, third down. You know, those are always a work in progress, game plan specific, but man, you better be able to run the football, stop the run, and situational football into half in the game that you feel comfortable and that you can you can function at a high level. So those which is why we'll do a bunch of that, especially when we get in pads.
Speaker 4: Ball knowers, all right, ball knowers.
Speaker 2: If the defense is gonna work out, you're gonna to stop the run. Because we talked about the past. I say all times and all adage, not my adage, but only three things that happen you throw that football. Two of them are bad. That's an interception and the completion. So force them to throw the ball, allow them make mistakes. We're playing a lot of bad quarterbacks in the regular season, but you want to happen in the postseason. Two, stop the fucking run. That's what you need for defense that doesn't have everything around. You need to make them to make force them make the mistakes.
Speaker 4: So what I'm trying to say, and again I I think it's on Calvin Shepard a lot with that because he's got to realize what happened at the end of the year with that outside run scheme and how he's just dominating them. So they're gonna have to find either the players or the action or whatever he can do to help limit that. But I don't think the Lions are gonna have to worry about getting gashed up the middle very often when you've got a TYLERK Williams and a Jack Campbell up there. But it's as those outside runs that were hurting you. So we'll see what they do to adjust on that, and we'll see if if your if your safeties and your your your cornerbacks can go down there, put their nose in the run game and create some tackles for loss.
Speaker 2: Potentially boogie time hasenin Yes, he made a play to day too, but I don't know what you did was against but he made an inside move. He's playing big in these days.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, let's get a mail bag segment in there. I got a super chat from ACS and I'm gonna read when we come back from break. But first tell us about Massage Chair. The Massage Chair House. It's at the corner of ober Long Lake Road.
Speaker 2: It's a large massage here Showroom This Side of the Mississippi, hosted by the man who has the number one massage share review channel on the Internet. Guys, World War two point zero. We're mom and pop now no longer backed by the conglomerates. All right, we need to support, which means our sponsors need to support. If you can't go in there to make it and buy a shirt shirt, buy a chair.
Speaker 1: Shirt too. Got to sell these shirts here.
Speaker 2: Go on his YouTube page, leave a subscribe, leave a like, leave a comment. Tell them the heavywet sing you the massage chair house.
Speaker 7: Hunting season is almost to your detroits and you're Lyons on the prow. Make sure you're locked into Woodward Sports. We're all the Den Campbell reaction, Jared Golf touchdowns, i'mon row first downs, any pancakes, Kirmy Picks, Gimm's big plays, and of course Jack Fox's leg yesterday.
Speaker 1: Locked in on all your.
Speaker 7: Lines coverage right here, Detroit's number one sports network.
Speaker 1: Sports.
Speaker 8: How do people feel about getting a Planet Fitness membership for fifteen dollars a month? How do they like working out in the clean and spacious gym that's filled with equipment for every workout, and how about free fitness training in the judgment free zone that leaves and feeling energize all day long. Joint Planet Fitness Today with the free PF app online or in club and start getting that big fitness energy for fifteen dollars a month.
Speaker 7: A ton of fun, a ton of sports, and a ton of man. Welcome to the Woodward Heavyweights.
Speaker 2: Live Daily, Stor Melbak, Welcome Mike to whatever wags loubipost dot com me you must memorial you Quernicolo Madeli and Beever and Hillary had Hurney.
Speaker 4: Super chat from AC ten fifty eight. He says, Yo, Spemo, you stoked they called up Max or what?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I am. I'm excited.
Speaker 4: I'm excited to see the kid get his first look at major league pitching. He's obviously been red hot in Triple A. He's got almost eleven hundred ops over the last ten games or something like that. And uh, I think he provides three things that you don't really have on this on this roster. One is a true arm from the outfield, Two is dangerous, dangerous speed on the base paths, and three is like an actual center fielder, Like he's he's he's gonna track some balls down out there. Hovey is very good in center field as well. But before that, I mean outman did what he could, but Jesus sick house, get him out of here.
Speaker 1: Matt Verling too.
Speaker 4: I don't know what happened with the hamstring, but man, he had a he had an inside the park home run that he was staring at, but Hammy pulled up on him and he's he's injured in he might be gallon, but Matt Verling, he's cheeks anyways, bag he's hitting under two hundred. What Pokemon are Bryson's favorites?
Speaker 2: And what about the rest of you land lovers? Much love, big dog shouts to the way. Fan Ice is a big fan of Pikachu. Last night, I traded away at Pikachu for Electrode, just to get our poke dex up, and he fucking cried. He's pissing me off. He's a big Pikachu fan. Riot to you as well, right, too, sweet? And then what's the one that you got him? You gotta a toy of it that's super powerful one? Oh ray Quasa ray Quasa, Yeah, sweet, Yeah, he traded there's a riot to he traded.
Speaker 1: H get it right.
Speaker 4: He wouldn't stop crying.
Speaker 2: Is pissed me off.
Speaker 4: My favorite pokemon are Number one is Swamper. That is my favorite pokemon, and then gray Quas is up there as well. Uh you got Tyrannatar. It's really sick.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to hurt. I gotta pull a picture of him. All right, I've got a mega Swamper. No, that's that's what I.
Speaker 14: Like.
Speaker 1: Mega Shout dragone Dragon.
Speaker 2: Bicle, Dragon Dragon.
Speaker 4: I was always ground on sweet Gar Chomp is one of my favorites. Uh, bone, Cuba. Look, Annihilape. I wasn't really I wasn't really a fan of Mankey or Primate, but Annihilape is sweet and Annihilap is the third It's the third evolution of that line. And then in the New gen and it's Ghost because its backstory is Primate gets so mad that it dies of anger, but it was so pissed off it comes back from the dead and it becomes an ile.
Speaker 2: Yeah, cubone one of them for me. Charles are which I feel like that's probably could should be everybody's choke and the champ probably choke more Gen one.
Speaker 1: I'm older than you guys. Yeah, I like Gen three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like, I'm just bullshit, like the megastof we starting with Megas, I'm like, what are you doing?
Speaker 4: Mega evolutions are sweet Meg megaluc.
Speaker 1: That's my homie right there. That's big Dog. Is that a starter? Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Gen three okay yeah? Also oh Santrew too. By far, the best generation of starters is Gen three. All of them are sick. They not, like literally every single evolution for all of them. Stage is one, two, three, and Mega of Gen three are elite.
Speaker 5: Yeah, blazer Kid Grovile and then swap they're all stile. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Grovers one is the second world.
Speaker 4: Second meg Mega gar Up is one of the coolest designs that Pokemon have. You're you're one hundred percent right, that's like that, Yeah, Mega megagart chumps suite.
Speaker 1: That's that's a good poll.
Speaker 4: That's better than poop dog water.
Speaker 1: Definitely better than poop dog water.
Speaker 4: Maybe not, No, that was that was kind of cool too though.
Speaker 1: That was pretty funny.
Speaker 2: Nail bag power NK your grocery stores taking an the count minitary value nostalgia products. They sell the farmer Jack.
Speaker 4: Nostalgia all the one. I'm an Oakridge guy, through and through nostalgia wise, I grew up on Oakridge, so but I I'm a cattleman's guy now today I'm a kroger Man. My brother used to trap out of an oak.
Speaker 1: Shout out, dude, it's probably the same one. I went.
Speaker 4: No Oakridge, Yeah, I used to there's an oakridge right by my weed, right by my we want Senior wears jacket, Nick.
Speaker 1: We know it wasn't just weeds to k two.
Speaker 4: Early prediction for what would be better than the New Spider Man movie.
Speaker 1: I hope so.
Speaker 2: I hope so too.
Speaker 4: I don't know that is great, but I don't I don't have a lot of faith in Doomsday. They're gonna have to tie a lot of things. Yeah, I'm just gonna go into it with an open mind.
Speaker 2: And the thing too, is like the it won't be the same as Infinity warnholl that stuff like that, because you were locked into every single one of those movies, like they were main character guys that you kind of knew of. I didn't know if iron Man to the movie came out though, I'm not gonna lie, but you were locked into the like every single step of the way this one. You have a bean because it's been making some slop along the way.
Speaker 1: It's like, yeah, John fing lord mail bag.
Speaker 4: If you can fight an animal of your weight, though, if you win, you get its ability. So like naturally animals that are weight and I'm working to a walrus or or like, if you fight that animal, it has to be your size. I feel like we would lose the majority of those fights.
Speaker 1: I would for sure, like a deer or something I don't even know what's like a.
Speaker 4: Chase up his knee, but who would want to be a deer? He shot it?
Speaker 1: Who the hell would want to be a deer?
Speaker 2: He're tracking, he's swiping, saw the blood. Then he saw the fucking deer chasing his ass, got up on the tree. He was up there. He fucking dropped his next owl. That's when my cell phones like new, like a little brick next out he was hiding the tree to stop fucking ramming.
Speaker 4: I would say some kind of bird, like a hot uncle Dave, But like I did at two hundred and fifty pounds bird, I don't think I'm winning that fight.
Speaker 7: Dude.
Speaker 1: You're talking about like a dinosaur bird. Yeah, t rex.
Speaker 4: I don't think i'd beat a t rex in a fight or a raptor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, t rexes are birds?
Speaker 2: How much to pandas way? Pandas way a lot a lot more than you I a panda. Pandas are kind of stupid though, they said, if they'll drop their baby for an apple.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if they're really they just durp around.
Speaker 2: There's a theory, and I just learned of it. I haven't looked into it. I just I just scroll on Twitter. I saw a draw Rogan clip that pandas were invented by the Chinese. If you go back in like ancient China, there's no like pandas. Theydn't come around. It's like the sixties or something like that.
Speaker 4: What did they breed a grizzly bear with a zebras?
Speaker 2: I have no clue.
Speaker 1: Something crazy.
Speaker 5: So you're telling me something in a lavig China rock.
Speaker 1: Not surprised?
Speaker 2: That is fair?
Speaker 4: Your top three grocery stores is TMI question mark.
Speaker 1: No, I'm a Krogerman through shopping.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Rogan Costco is me shout out all d Like I said earlier in the chat, it's honestly a phenomenal bang for your buck.
Speaker 1: Cooking up some pasta to night. I'm looking forward to it.
Speaker 5: Damn son, somebody took down a two hundred and fifty pound duck.
Speaker 2: That was loud, dude. Uh to Thomas says he's not paying. Jamier gives twenty million per eighteen plus incentives. If it's twenty then I want guarantee to get money back.
Speaker 4: Well that'll do it for us today. Appreciate you tapping him. Make sure you smash that leg button.
Speaker 1: You just got a review coming out tonight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Spider Man brand New Day review coming out to make sure you check that out.
Speaker 3: And you got a update Max Clark and Tarrek Scoogle trade update coming out today. Woodword Tigers, make sure to subscribe and uh yeah, it's gonna be a pack show.
Speaker 4: Excited to watch the review after I knock out this movie. Shout out for Easy, for Nick, for Chris, for Jeff, for me. I'm Spencer with the Heavyweights. We'll see you guys tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Peace