Speaker 1: Dodger Talk is sponsored by LA Care Health Plan, providing affordable healthcare insurance to millions of Angelinos for over twenty five years. And now your voice for Dodger Talk like back.
Speaker 2: Tamn Cats.
Speaker 3: Clayton Kershaw.
Speaker 4: What a performance, just what the Dodgers needed as they get to win in Saint Louis today two to one. Hi, everybody, and welcome to Dodger Talk here on this Sunday afternoon. Tim Kate's with you here for the next thirty minutes. Thanks for joining us as you enjoy your Sunday afternoon here in southern California. Phone lines wide open at eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy if you're out by the pool, you're driving around the arec on, if you're just at home and join this Sunday afternoon or at the beach, wherever you're at. We appreciate you joining us and hanging out with us here on Dodger Talk eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy. Clayton Kershaw his fifth start since coming back from offseason shoulder surgery, and what a performance it was. His first couple of outings were a little rocky, and we can kind of wonder whether or not show Clayton Kershaw was going to be the Clayton Kershaw of old with the post Clayton Kershaw at thirty six years old, coming off shoulder surgery, still have enough in the tank to help out this Dodgers team here in the regular season, impossibly into October, and the last three starts he's been really good here in the month of August, they combined sixteen and the third innings two in runs over those three starts at one ten erora. And today he goes out and pitches to contact. Was very efficient. Faced his two batters over the minimum and six innings have worked, allowed just four singles, only one batter reached second base, had just one walk. He had a runner caught stealing, so he got some help from his defense. He had two double playballs the eras runners on base, so that helped him out, including in the sixth inning after he gave up back to back singles to the Cardinals to lead off the bottom of the six he got a fly ball out and then a five to three mcguill of Rojas step on third throw to first double play to get out of the sixth inning, and he was only at seventy pitches. Clayton Kershaw today was efficient. Clayton Kershaw had his stuff working as far as his command, his off speed pitches, the slider was biting. Everything that he had hoped to have back was back today over six solid innings, and then he turned it over to the bullpen for the final nine outs. A little bit of a rocky outing from Daniel Hudson yet again gives up a solo home run to Lars Newbar in the eighth inning to pinch hit home run for the young man at El Segundo.
Speaker 3: But that was it.
Speaker 4: The damage was done in the eighth and that was done from the Cardinals. Is in the ninth ny Michael Kopek comes back out to pitch this and close the game for the second time in a Dodger uniform and picks up his second save for the Dodgers, is eleventh of the season. Is the Dodgers get the two to one win. I loved everything about Clayton Kershaw's performance today, the fact that he was not only getting swinging misses, but more important, I think that the stat that sticks out to me is fifteen of twenty fifteen of the twenty batters that he fixed first pitch strikes or he got him out on a first pitch. And we've known the last couple of seasons this isn't a secret, right Teams like to ambush Clayton Kershaw now, knowing that he likes to get first strike and to get it ahead of the count, they know they need to jump on him early before he can start going to his other pitches. And so that has been the mo against Kershaw, jump on him early first pitch, swinging, and he has kind of battled that back and is able to get contact and get out and not give up hits or home runs on the first pitch and at bats fifteen of the twenty batters he faced he got ahead first pitch. Ten ground ball outs today, including a double playball to end the first in the double play ball to end the sixth inning, got soft contact, got some hard hit balls right at players in the outfield. He did a really good job staying in rhythm, and he talked about that on the Clubhouse show about how he and Barnesy were on the same page today. Not a lot of shakeoffs. They felt like they were in a good pace, getting guys going the keeping the defense engaged, and it showed he looked really good out there today over six shutout innings.
Speaker 3: Now I know the big question is going to be should he.
Speaker 4: Have gone back out there for the seventh And he said he left that up to Dave Roberts. The Dodgers brought up Ben Casparius from Triple A Oklahoma City, who was a fifth round pick in twenty twenty one, a hard throwing right hander who strikes out a lot of guys in Double A and Triple A. They brought him up today and he was on the roster in case something happened to Kershaw, in case it was one of those outings of his. Kersh could only go two plus innings and they needed somebody to go long to fill the gap because this bullpen is gassed. Now with that being said, I think the schedule changed. When Kershaw got through sixteen innings is gonna be sixteen six innings and got through eighteen outs, I think things changed, and Ben Kisparius got put to the side because he is a starter and you realize you need to piece nine outs to get out of this.
Speaker 3: With the win. At the time the rep two to nothing.
Speaker 4: Dave Roberts and Mark Pryor and this pitching staff felt like they had enough in the bullpen today, even with guys pitching for the second day in three three to four long road trip coming to an end, they felt like they could piece together these nine outs, and they did, with Evan Phillips looking good in the seventh inning, Daniel Hudson another rocky outing, and then Michael Kopek, whose velocity was down, came in and still throwing ninety six ninety seven, was able to get out of the inning despite a throwing air from Austin Barnes to the second battery faced he got a ground ball six, four to three double play ballgame over today. It was sort of like how you'd like to see it set up. Six from your starter, the final nine outs. You piece it together with your bullpen, and today they needed one reliever per inning to get those nine outs. That's the ideal formula if you're the Dodgers going into October. Six from your starter, nine outs, piece together by your bullpen. Bank Asparius was there today for help, they didn't need him. We'll see if he's with the team as they make their way to Los Angeles, because certainly they got more roster moves they got to make. Tomorrow, Tommy Edmonds is expected to be activated for the first time this season and the first time with the Dodgers since they acquired him in a trade. And with the unknown status now with Freddie Freeman in that middle finger, we could see Max Munsey activated tomorrow instead of Tuesday. It was supposed to be one on Monday, one on Tuesday, bringing back Edmund and Munsey, and Dave Roberts said in the pregame before today's matchup that they could act eight both players tomorrow depending on further evaluation of the middle finger of Freddie Freeman. In case you missed it, Freddy not in the lineup today. Last night came out of the game after he jammed his middle finger on his right throwing hand. It swelled up, it stiffened up. He had X rays which were negative this morning. He couldn't take any batting practice, can't throw because the finger was really swollen and still stiff. Could not bend that middle finger, so he did not play today, and Dave Roberts says they'll figure out in the next twenty four hours, what to do with Freddy Freeman depending on how that finger feels tomorrow when the Dodgers get out to Dodger Stadium for the start of the next homestand so we'll see what Freddy Freeman's status is officially now day to day, but we'll find out more when he gets evaluated back at Dodger Stadium. Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five Seven's go out to the phones. Good day for the Dodgers. With all that being said about how good Clayton Kershaw was, how about the defense really good today behind Kersh how about the offense, Well, they did just enough to get two runs and get the win. Showy Otani home run number thirty nine, Miguel Rojas RBI single part of a two run fifth any and that's all Clayton Kersh on the Dodgers needed in a two to one win. All right, let's go out to Maxwell in Austin, Texas. Is gonna be our first call today?
Speaker 3: Maxwell? How you doing buddy?
Speaker 2: He did? Mom?
Speaker 5: Do it good?
Speaker 6: How about you?
Speaker 3: I'm doing great.
Speaker 4: I'm happy the Dodgers get the win, Maxwell, and they get the win behind Clayton Kershaw, who looked so good out there today, didn't he?
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I saw Cursha twice in TRIPLEA one in Oklahoma's today one in Round Drop.
Speaker 8: That's cool.
Speaker 6: And I got some very good news that I want to share.
Speaker 2: Okay, I did a podcast with the man himself, Joe Kelly.
Speaker 6: Go check it out Holding Cow Talking Baseball with.
Speaker 2: Maxwell Maxisis and follow my Instagram.
Speaker 4: All right, we'll give it a plug. Maxwell, I appreciate it. Thanks for checking in. Check out the podcast with Maxwell and Joe Kelly. Very cool. I think I saw it pop up on my Twitter timeline, so if I can go back, I'll retweet that from Maxwell down in Austin who got eyes on Clayton Kershaw twice when he was making rehab starts coming back from soulder surgery. And today Clayton Kershaw looked really good. Six shutout innings as the Dodgers get the win. Keeping an eye on what's happening between the Padres and the Rockies in Denver, because the Dodgers going into action today had a two game lead over San Diego to a three game lead over Arizona. Right now the Padres, well, they've just pushed across a run on the top half of the eighth inning. They're going to the bottom of the eighth the coors Field Rockies three, Padres two, so we'll keep an eye on that one. It is a final from Tampa as the Rays and twelve innings beat the Diamondbacks eight to seven. Arizona loses all three games in Tampa Bay over the weekend. They've lost three straight and the Dodgers pick up a game. So Dodgers now four games up over the Snakes in the division, and we'll see what happens with the Padres as they battling out right now in Denver. Let's go to Tom and Santa Monica's next up here on Dodger Talk after the Dodgers two to one win in Saint Louis.
Speaker 3: Hi, Tom, Hi Jim. How you doing, sir, I'm doing great. Thanks for asking.
Speaker 2: Hey, Tim, So here's my question with Bueler and Miller still struggling, what are the options through their Dodgers in their starting rotations if them guys can't get it together.
Speaker 4: Well, the options are to bring back Land and Neck and Tom. I appreciate the phone call. Justin Robleski is an answer for the Dodgers if need be. Ben Casparius, who they called up today fifth round pick in twenty twenty one out of Yukon, skyrocketed through the minor leagues.
Speaker 3: He's part of the second wave.
Speaker 4: For those of you who don't know who Ben Casparius is, He's part of this second wave of starting.
Speaker 3: Pitchers that the Dodgers have had in the system.
Speaker 4: Right image and Bobby Miller, Gavin Stone that first wave of pictures, and now we're starting to see the second wave land and neck kind of in the middle there, and you've also got Ben Casparius. And this is a minor league system that the Dodgers have really good starting pitching, and we've seen three or four of them. Kyle Hurts another guy who's unfortunately is hurt right now, like Immachian. But this is another young wave of starting pitchers that's starting to come through, and Ben Casparius is one of them. I wouldn't be surprised if we see him at some point. Tyler Glass now goes on the iel at the beginning of this series in Saint Louis. But as Dave Roberts has alluded to, and we heard from Tyler Glass now yesterday when he talked to David Vassay.
Speaker 3: He didn't even want to go on the IL.
Speaker 4: He felt like his arm was fine and he didn't need rest, but the Dodgers felt otherwise, and so he goes on the IL for fifteen days to get rest and to get right for the stretch run. And don't forget about Yoshiyamamoto, who is going to throw another SIM game and then most likely a minor league rehab start is from what we gather, and he's maybe three weeks away from joining this Dodger rotation. So there are options for the Dodgers to mix and match and get to where they need to going into September when they get healthy and hopefully get Yamamoto back, and certainly in the next two weeks to get Tyler Glass now back from injury. So they got arms, they got possibilities that they can use in the minor leagues as well. I'm not too concerned about them having a shortage of starting pitching and having to go to bullpen games, because that would be disastrous because they have enough starting pitching right now. I truly believe at Triple A and here at the major league level to get them through this. Let's go to Manny and guardiena Ben a while since we heard from Manny.
Speaker 3: What's going on? Manuel?
Speaker 2: So mother loving Wall, Tim, Kate Star Scam Sax and Kate's in the am. Baby, what is up?
Speaker 4: I'm doing great? Dodgers get two or three and Saint Louis. Hopefully you can pick up a game on these stinking padres today.
Speaker 2: Manuel, as you could hear, I'm pumped up.
Speaker 8: Bro.
Speaker 2: When Clayton Edward Kershaw is showing up the way he has a few starts, it could be a godsend. I mean he's doing the old Roger Clemens come in. I'm sorry, Royd's jer Clemens coming in mid season and just dominating. I hope that he could stay healthy. If I'm the Dodgers, I put Hoody on the ten day or something, just even if it's just to let his mind get right. He we need Hoody, and like you said, we need that six innings from our starters three innings, you know, bullpen. I think we could cover it. We got the arms to do that, but anything else is gonna spread a stint. Nick Ahmed, keep him on the roster. That guy is the type of glove we are going to need. I hope the Dodgers keep him because when the playoffs come around, a guy like that is invaluable. Timmy love the show always man Go Dodgers Baby all the way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely braced.
Speaker 4: I don't know what the future has for nick on Med in the Dodger uniform. Like I said, Tommy Edmonds is going to be activated tomorrow. Right behind him is Max Munsey. Whether it's tomorrow or Tuesday, depending on Freddie Freeman's fingers.
Speaker 3: It's a game of musical chairs.
Speaker 4: I keep saying it because I don't want Dodger fans to be surprised. I don't want you to be confused as fires why guys are being dfade, Why certain guys are being sent back to Triple A.
Speaker 3: You only allowed twenty six.
Speaker 4: Guys on the roster until they can expand it by two in September. You only got twenty six spots, and the Dodgers got hit by injuries, and so they went out and picked up the Kevin Kierr Myers of the worlds, and they gave Andy Pajez's and James Altmans all the opportunities that they could. They went out and got nick On med They went out and got why my Vigio Cavin Bigio and had him plugged in to play several infield spots because of injuries. Well, now that this team is getting healthy and you're seeing a return a month Sie and finally the addition to Tommy Edmund, Yeah, they gotta take two spots on the roster. I don't know anything officially, but if I'm looking at this board here of the twenty six man roster, my guess is Kevin kier Meyer is not going anywhere. My guess is that it's gonna be Nick on Med And if I'm guessing Andy Pojz, you'll get sent to Triple A or an injury stint to the IL for Chason Hayward. That's the only thing I can think of right now, because you need to swap out two position players because you're not losing a pitcher or not taking a spot out of the bullpen for another position player. So in order to bring back two position players, you got to take off two position players from the roster. I think Nick on Med is going to be a casualty there, and again it could be Poz or maybe it's an IL stint to rest Jason Hayward, who is one of your older veterans in the outfield. So we'll find out tomorrow when they have to make these moves, but certainly I'm sure they already know what those moves are gonna be. And certainly Nick, guys like Nick on Med and Cavin Bighow have helped out this dot tam. I mean, if thicker were the Dodgers would be with no Miguel Rojas, no Mookie Beds, and a gaping hole at shortstop that Nick I met has helped Phil when he's made these starts the last month for the Dodgers. So he's been very valuable. And you heard what Brent Honeywell pregame. Dave Roberts talked about how hard was it to have to tell Brent Honeywell that he was being designated for a summon. Yeah, before the game they had the guy, one of the guys who came in and helped him in Detroit when they needed desperately innings to be eaten up in that series against the Tigers. Right before the All Star break, they acquired Brent Honeywell off of waivers from the Pittsburgh Pirates. He comes in, gets a start, has pitched out of the bullpen, and done everything they've asked him to do. Eat up innings, go out there in garbage time, go out there and wear it for a couple of innings in relief, just to help out the bullpen in the arms and to save guys down there. He's done everything he's been asked to do, and sometimes been very good at it. With that that knuckle curve that he throws, but unfortunately the screwball, I should say that he throws. But unfortunately it's a numbers game, and you just couldn't have.
Speaker 3: Any more room for Brett Honeywell on.
Speaker 4: The roster, and Dave Roberts says it's it's a tough part of the business having to tell a guy who's basically done everything right that you've asked him to do, that just don't have a.
Speaker 3: Job for him anymore.
Speaker 4: Eight six six ninety seven two five seventy eight six six nine eighty seven two five seven. We'll take the time out, we'll come back. We'll get to your phone calls. Dodgers get to win in Saint Louis today. Clayton Kershaw six shutout idiots. He gets the victory. Michael Kolpek closes it out for his second saving at Dodger uniform Lux Rojas each had three hits. Shoeyotani goes deep. The good guys win. The Dodgers beat the Cardinals two to one. As we speak now seventy three and fifty two on this season, and hopefully about to pick up a game on the Padres who are losing in Colorado, after already picking up a game on the Arizona Diabacks who lost in Tampa. More of your phone calls. When we come back, we'll hear from Dave Roberts as well. Dodger Talk right here on A five seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio AMP.
Speaker 8: AM five seventy LA Sports be anywhere at any time, and you can hear past episodes.
Speaker 3: Of Dodger Talk all of those things.
Speaker 8: Search AM five to seventy on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: We're streaming online. We stream every game too. Come find it.
Speaker 8: Back to Dodger Talk on AM five seventy LA Sports and.
Speaker 3: A pitch from Sonny Grant Oh Toanni Hammers. Want to write this fall is deep, This both gone. It's in the Cardinal bulk Ben Show.
Speaker 8: Hey Otani, welcome back, my friends to the Show that Never ends.
Speaker 4: Showy Otani with home run number thirty nine, one closer to forty. He's at thirty seven stolen bases, three more to go. He'll be part of the forty to forty club, the six player all time in baseball history to do that. Daniels jewel there's the official sponsor the trip around the Diamond. Stop by any Daniels Jeweler's location and say home run for your free team bracelet and a fifty dollars gift to a card towards any purchase of ninety nine dollars or more. Daniels Jewelers Own the Dream. Before we get back to your calls, let's head back out of Saint Louis Happy manager Dave Roberts talking to the media.
Speaker 9: Dave, how remarkable is it to witness what Kershaw has done this season and the way he pitched today, considering it the long road back.
Speaker 10: It's been fun to watch to be on this ride with Clayton. Obviously it was a big win as far as the road trip, the game in itself, and he stepped up and does what he seems to always do when he's his back is against the wall. Our team, you know, he steps up and today I thought he mixed well. He commanded the fastball really well to both sides of the plate. And I thought Austin was great tonight with him today with him and you know, we got a lot of weak contact, a lot of was allowed to be allowed for him to be efficient and get through six innings and so you know, we went to the pen. I felt good about the guys and then also coming out of this one for Clayton to be strong for the next one. So I think, you know, in totality was fantastic.
Speaker 9: You guys only scored two runs, but you put a lot of pressure and made Sunny great throw a lot of pitches. Was that significant in itself to get him out of the game early?
Speaker 3: It was good.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 10: I thought we did a good job, you know as a group to put pressure, take good at bats, get hits, take some walks, and we just couldn't situation a couple of times. And I thought we had a chance to, you know, give us a little bit more breathing room, but that's baseball. They still have to make pitches, and you know, make pitches with stress. And but it was just good that you know, we played solid defense. It was just a really good baseball game. And obviously Miggy continues to take get big hits and Mooki had a nice day. So just across the board, really good.
Speaker 4: All right, there's Dave Roberts talking about the Dodgers offense, the defense, and certainly what Clayton Kershaw was able to do today, six shutout Indians for the future Hall of Famer, all right, eight six, six ninety seven two five seventy Before go back out to the phones, real quickly mentioned the second wave of starting pitchers for the Dodgers as far as guys in the minor leagues, and we saw the group of Bobby Miller, Immachean, Gavin Stone, that group coming through. Justin Robleski certainly followed behind in that second wave. Ben Casparius was called up today. I tweeted it out earlier with Ben Casparius getting called up today, didn't pitch, but on the active roster. He is the fifth pitcher from the Dodgers twenty twenty one class to make the major leagues. Emmit Shean, Justin Robleski, Nick Nestrini who's now with the Chicago White Sox, and Jordan Leser who is with the Chicago White Sox, who was once a Dodger and was sent in a deal last year. I think it was a Joe Kelly deal he was part of, and then Casparius. Today, five pitchers from the class of twenty twenty one draft have made the major leagues, three with the Dodgers and two since traded away to the Chicago White Sox. Pretty good job of scouting, signing players, drafting and certainly developing eight sixty six nine, eight seven, two five. And Eddie's in Santa Clarita choice this year on Dodger Talk after the Dodgers two one win, Hi, Eddie, he how's it going?
Speaker 7: Yo yo yo?
Speaker 11: A long time?
Speaker 6: This in our first time caller. I just have a concern and uh I also about Tan Kursaf. I want to say within the last I was look at the numbers. The numbers don't lie. I want to say, between the last ten and fifteen eights all started pitching. I mean, we couldn't even get over five innings, right, and so you and then you mentioned that that we're going to have the Calvary or the Calbury arriving, which is great. And my second question is do you see kan Kursaw being part of the starting roster for the postseason, or do you see him coming out of the coming out of the bullpen. I'll hang up and let me know what you can.
Speaker 3: Do, all right, and I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: If the Clayton Kershaw we saw today is the same Clayton Kershaw that's pitching this way come the first week on October and the NLDS, absolutely he's part of the rotation. And again, you just need to get down to three starting pitchers come that NLDS, and I think it'll be you know, if everybody's healthy, which we assume you're looking at in no particular order, Tyler Glass now, Jack Flaherty, and Clayton Kershaw.
Speaker 3: Right, that's the three.
Speaker 4: If you get Yamamoto back and he can show that he is efficient and getting guys out and is able to go out there and be effective, then certainly.
Speaker 3: He could be your third or fourth starter.
Speaker 4: And that means some of these young arms could go to the bullpen and be long relievers, or they can go down there and help out in a game in which you know you need to go out there get an inning in the sixth inning or fifth inning and it's too soon to go to a high leverage reliever. They could come I'm in and help out this Dodger, you know, offense. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy.
Speaker 3: So it's a good problem.
Speaker 4: Once this team gets healthy, I've said it over and over again, you're gonna have a team with more spots than they have available for players, and some guys are gonna be left out looking into the playoff roster and not on that playoff roster come October in the NLTS. But again, this is going to create competition the final six weeks of the season. Uh, not only competition of the division when you're fighting the Padres and you're fighting the Dianabacks, but competition amongst this team to make sure guys are staying efficient, staying on top of their game, still battling, having good at bats, playing hard and out there, and when their time is called the pitch out of the bullpen, are efficient and getting guys out, because if you're not getting guys out and you're struggling, you're not gonna be a part of this post team, postseason team. Eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy. Keeping an eye on what's happening in Denver? Top half of the ninth inning, Rockies lead to Padres three to two. Now two out in the bottom half, or made that the top half of the ninth inning, So one out of way from the Rockies closing out the Padres. And again it's Coors Field, so anything can happen there until the final out. We already know the Diamondbacks lost in Tampa. So the Dodgers four games up on Arizona, and if the Rockies can hang on beat the Padres, the Dodgers will pick up a game on San Diego and be three up in the division. Brad and mission Viejo is next up here on Dodger Talk. Brad, welcome, how are you on this Sunday?
Speaker 11: Yeah? Thanks, how are you? That's a nice reference by Tim on the call, welcome back, you know from ELP. Very nice. Just wanted to say, tiny Holman. I just want to say that the offense should pick up now with everybody coming back. That's what Dave was saying yesterday. He thinks that Dodgers could be the best lineup around once everyone's plugged in. Do you think so?
Speaker 4: I think they could be once everybody gets plugged in, is back ready to go. I think it's going to take Max Muncy, hopefully not a long time to get back into the groove and find his spot in this I'm curious to see where he does bat in this lineup when he returns here in the next couple of days. Tommy Edmonds, where does he fit into this lineup? You're gonna see a lineup that one through five is really good now, all of a sudden, one through seven, one through eight, heck it could be one through nine. Where's there gonna be a breath for a pitcher? Where's there going to be a chance for a team to exhale in this against this Dodger lineup? Just not going to see it? And it's gone final. In Denver, Rockies have just beaten the Padres three to two, so the Dodgers pick up a game on both San Diego and Arizona. The Dodgers now three games up over the Padres, four games up over the Diamondbacks after the Dodgers get a two to one win today in the Saint Louis don An Industry. Next up here on Dodgers Talk, Hi, Don.
Speaker 7: Jim Cats MCTK, how are you today?
Speaker 3: Sarah, I'm doing fantastic. How are you?
Speaker 7: Oh great. I'm so happy for curseh you know, it's uh so instead he wins the race, you know, one brick at a time. I like the fact that they're they're not pushing them, you know, they're just letting them get a little better every time, a little better every time, and so far, so good. I just you know, you know, Tim, it reminds me of John Elway and football, remember all those using these incredible things without very much help. And then it wasn't until the later part of his career, when his body was all broken down, that he won two Super Bowls. So I'm hoping we got a couple of championships, you know, waiting for waiting for Kurse. You know, with his master today was just masterful, wasn't he. I Mean it was just all the experience to touch the control. It's just what you want to see from a master, master, seasoned pitcher. And I'm just so happy for him. I just and thank you for what you said about the waves of help we got coming. And that's the one thing, mister you know, mister Friedman needs credit for is like building up that pipeline, building up that depth. Hallelujah, let's keep it coming.
Speaker 4: It's a job collectively by this front office, from player development to scouting to major league development as well, and the front office putting together the twenty six man roster at the major league level. It's a combined effort. And they'll to be the first ones to tell you that. And the Dodgers do such a good job at drafting players, developing them and getting them through the system and up to the major leagues. And again, Ben Conspari's didn't pitch today, but could see him not in the not so future. Here uh in the Dodger uniform. If he's sent back to Oklahoma City, I'm not sure, depending on what the roster moves are in the next twenty four hours. The Dodgers head home now for the start of a nine game homestead. I gotta get to Izzy Colin all right, I gotta get to Izzy.
Speaker 3: Is he welcome? What's going on?
Speaker 5: Hey? I'm great? Hey, yeah, I was gonna tell you the partly did lose, so they they make me happy. It made me happy beeing the Diamond. That's what I hate as measure, I hate the Giants, but guys, you Sade the points. So anyway, by one day, one thing, I've been buzzy meets in Friday. They you had this guy in jetting campaigning about it. He even called last week David about the injury. I agree everything what you said about, but it's not the chain fall. I nt me even mind him.
Speaker 1: When did it?
Speaker 5: When? When did the painted play? I mean, how can it be any put the Dodger training I'm savvy. It didn't Buggy meeting Friday.
Speaker 4: Wow, I appreciate that. I appreciate your support. There is he in backing me up on that. That's in reference to a call on Friday night in which somebody on Dodger Talk suggested that the Dodger training staff is to blame for all these arm injuries to pitchers here in twenty twenty four, and I just simply went to their defense because it's not the case. It's a uh, the problem across baseball from little league to the major league. So no, not not blaming the athletic training staff on this at all. All Right, that's gonna do it for postgame Dodger Talk. Many thanks to Colin You. He's gotta get on the one on one right now, folks. So can we clear a path on the one on one north from Burbank up to the ocean in Ventura.
Speaker 3: Just clear lane calling e coming through folks.
Speaker 4: Thanks to you for listening, being a part of the show. Thanks you, thanks for podcasting. Dodgers get to win and head home on a happy flight with a two to one winner. With the Cardinals, they take two to three and say Louis, they go four and three on this road trip. They're now seventy three and fifty two. Clayton Kershaw gets to win. Michael Colpek to save Shoeyotani home brun number thirty nine, and the Dodgers pick up a game on both San Diego and Arizona. They're leaving the division now three over the Padres, four over the Diamondbacks.
Speaker 3: We're back at it tomorrow night.
Speaker 4: Monday, Dodgers sent home to start a nine game homestand first up three against Justin Turner and the Mariners. Davin Stone, Brian Wu the pitching matchup Dodgers on Decad six, First pitch at seven ten. Until then, have a safe, cool rest of your Sunday afternoon, So everybody say the same, Munsh