Speaker 1: Bill Cunningham has a day off. I'm Dan Carroll here till three o'clock this afternoon, five three, seven, nine, eight hundred, the Big One. Those are the numbers to call. Sean McMahon is the main man running the big board there, and he's been trying to reach out to what the guests we're supposed to have right now, to Todd Bensman from the Center for Immigration Studies, And since we are still trying to make our connection with him, I'll just go ahead and start reading the piece that got my attention that he posted yesterday that made me reach out to him to be a guest on this show to begin with. And he starts with this Democrat Party oppositionist immigrant advocates and their US media allies are mobilized and dug in for all out political war against President elect Donald Trump's signature plan, the Great Mass Deportation, the greatest mass deportation in American history, and harbingers of things to come. Framing to come, opponents of immigration law are choosing metaphorical language, hearkening to the Nazi Holocaust and the Bosnian Civil War. Immigration lawyers prepared to battle Trump in court reads one typical recent New York Times headline over a story calling the Trump plans harsh and describing how battalions of immigration lawyers and civil liberties groups are mobilizing to wage total legal and political war to stop them. We literally have a blueprint of what they are planning to do, and so we had months and months to figure out how to protect people. The paper quoted Becca Heller, founder of the International Refugee Assistance Project, saying Trump has told us what to expect, hate and persecution and concentration camps. I've never heard Trump use the word concentration camp. Did you ethnic cleansing? Los Angeles Times reported Ronald Brownstein called, so this is a sample a sampling of some of the rhetoric that is coming from the left, the handwringing and all the rest of it over Trump's plan to begin this deportation process. But what you may not have known is that deportations and when Tom Homan was interviewed by sixty Minutes, he was asked about deporting families. You know, are family is going to be broken up, and he said they don't have to be you can deport entire families. Well, that just sounds unbelievably cruel. But it turns out the Biden administration is doing it right.
Speaker 2: Now. Let's see.
Speaker 1: Let's see here. This is where Todd Bensman gets into that in this piece, Holland was exactly right. The Biden Harris administration has been doing this secretly that it has never been covered by major media to this day. In twenty twenty one and twenty twenty two, the Biden Harris administration launched an ICE air operation that has mass supported by air as many as five hundred and fifty thousand often central are often Central American immigrants to date, keeping together whole families that include babes and arms in mother's arms. Todd Bensman writes, I know this because I remained perhaps the only American writer who witnessed, videotaped, and reported the massive airlift while it happened at unmarked hangars and playing closed ICE agents driving unmarked vehicles, putting them into unmarked ICE contracted jets in small, out of the way US airports. He says, I wrote video and print dispatches for the Center for Immigration Studies, and dedicated most of an entire chapter of the operation to my two thousand and twenty three book overrun how Joe Biden unleashed the greatest border crisis in US history. For starters, the fact that Biden Harris carried out family deportation flight spotlights the profound dual standard hypocrisy of today's emerging crop of political warfighters and their media supporters because Donald Trump is doing it rather than the president they liked and wanted to politically protect. Secondly, the Biden Harris mass deportation airlift, although probably smaller in scale than what's coming, provides an important value for the next administration as a sound operational blueprint for those in the Trump administration who will carry it out. So if you're talking about getting rid okay of illegals, all he has to do is look to what the Biden administration is doing right now and has been doing since twenty twenty one. And joining us now is the man who wrote the article i'd just been reading from from the Center for Immigration Studies. Todd Benzman and Todd Bensman, Welcome to the show. How are you.
Speaker 2: I'm doing great? Thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think this piece that you wrote certainly was eye opening for me. And look, I'm a guy I read your stuff on a regular basis. I look at the Center for Immigration Study website all the time, and what are great resource CIS is, especially on issues as they relate to what's happening at the border and what's happening with immigration. But I think a lot of people are going to be shocked, and maybe even the women on the view might be shocked to learn that the Biden administration has deported over half a million people out of this country and send them back two places south of the border.
Speaker 2: That's right. I mean they didn't deport nearly enough to create a sufficient deterrent because while they were deporting all those people, they were letting everybody else in, you know, so.
Speaker 1: Well, they're coming in by the millions and being deported by the by the hundreds of thousands, so.
Speaker 2: Are by the tens of thousands. Yeah. But but my point in writing this is, you know, first of all, I reported I started reporting on the Biden deportation flights in December of twenty twenty one. Nobody was covering them. They've been going on for four months already. And these are women and children and families. These are exactly the demographics that the Democratic Party apparatus and their media collaborators are talking about now and that you're going to be hearing a lot about oh my god, they're deporting families and breaking families up or whatever, as though this is a you know, an acutely immoral act. But they have allowed the Biden administration to carry these out for years now. And I mean I'm talking about like with mothers with babes in arms kind of thing, deportations on flights to their home countries. No amnesty for them or a temporary protected status or release for them, they deported them. So you know, where is the outcry on that? Why are they sharpening the knives? Why is it evil? And you know kind of you know, recalling imagery from the Holocaust when Trump does it, but not when Biden does it. And it's happening right now, even for the next ten weeks, they'll still be doing it. One nine hundred flights just this year twenty twenty four. Each one of them holds about one hundred and ten hundred and twenty immigrants. So you know, you can do the math. There's it's you know, one hundred and he don't forget what I did the math earlier, But it's a lot of people and many of them are women and children and families of just thought, this is exactly what they're sharpening the knives for. As the Trump administration prepares to start doing, you know, these kind of deportations but in larger numbers.
Speaker 1: Well sure, and you and you know as well as I do, what is coming. We are going to see network media run heartfelt, teary eyed stories about you know, a young couple, a couple of kids living in the shadows, you know, afraid of what might happen. They're going to, you know, be forced to go back to some horrible situation. But this this is the way the media plays this up. But I go back to I go back to when Bill Clinton did his State of Union speeches and he and I remember one speech he used the term illegal alien, probably a couple of dozen times. And Bill Clinton, I think, to this this day is still one of the greatest, uh one of the greatest deporters of individuals, sending people back to where they came from. I remember when Barack Obama used to brag about about all the people that he's kicked out of the country, that he's deported, but yet you never see the harsh language for them. You never see the harsh language for Joe Biden. You only see that sort of harsh language for Donald Trump because he dares speak about this openly and honestly and saying exactly what he's going to do. And then when he appoints someone like Tom Homan to be his point man on this effort, you know that Trump is serious about what about what is going to come?
Speaker 2: Well, I can't disagree with that. And you know, there's clearly a double standard. I hope that you know Americans understand that this is a double standard. That it is. It is. It is weird, uh, and it's obvious what it is. If you know that the Democrats, traditional Democrats have always done this. There's nobody they called Obama the deporter in chief. Deportation and enforcement, border law enforcement was always just a normal Democratic party thing. The two parties never really differed much on that. It was the law, and it just diverged in twenty twenty one when Biden took office and brought with him an extreme group of progressive liberals from the migrant advocacy industry, the people that do resettlement and they make their money on doing migrant help and refugee resettlement. And all that. Those are the people he brought in, well they serve themselves. That was the ultimate self flicking ice cream cone, to bring those people in, and they set those are not normal Democrats. They set this thing off. They engineered it. It was well planned and well executed. It was not a mistake. There's nothing broken. It was done on purpose, and they knew exactly how and when to do it. That was an unusual departure from democratic norms.
Speaker 1: Todd Bensman. A couple of days after the election, I know, I read a story about a giant migrant caravan that was headed towards the United States and time to be here just right at or just shortly after the election. But I also read that this caravan, once it was known that Trump was the winner of the election, largely dissipated, Maybe as many as half of three hundred thousand people gave up on this and said, what's the use of going in if Trump is going to be the president? What can you tell us about that situation.
Speaker 2: It's a little bit more complicated than that. You have to remember that in December of last year, almost a year ago, Biden went down there and he sent his chief lieutenants down there and cut a deal with Mexico to do a big military op to round up tens of thousands of migrants from the northern borderlands and haul them down to the Guatemala border and trap them down there and not let anybody in, not let anybody, or let as few as possible through. During the American campaigns, they did not want to provide video footage to the Trump you know campaign advertising machine, right, And so they held him back there. It's called Operation Carousel, very very effective. The numbers dropped by half and then you know, sometimes seventy and eighty percent from what they were. And I thought that it was really only good till through election day, right, And I think the immigrants figured it was only good through election day. So a bunch of caravans started forming up in the days leading up to election day, and then actually on election day to test whether the Mexican government was going to hold him back, would they keep holding him back or let him through, And it looked like they were going to let him through. It was a big test of willingness or commitment by the new Mexican government where they're going to hold him back. And then on Monday, the day before the election, Donald Trump came out at one of his campaign rallies and says, don't you dare if you let them through, I'm going to put when I'm in office, immediately twenty five percent tariffs on all your trade goods coming into the US. And if I don't like what's happening still, it'll be fifty percent, and then seventy five percent, and then one hundred percent until it stops. So right then is when the caravan said he looked like they were getting blocked. I think we're going to let him through. And people just gave up then because it looked like the Mexican's weren'ting to let him through. That's what I think really happens a little bit more nuanced, yeah, than you know, but I think that's what's going on right now. Operation Carousel will be permanent or semi for the next four years once Trump's office, because he's going to insist on it, and he's probably going to insist that they go even harder, more resources, seal it up even more, and on pain of the tariff threat.
Speaker 1: Todd Bensman before, we've only got about thirty seconds here, but probably not a great question to ask here. But I had a caller who called, and who said, what's the net benefit to the American people? Instead of just declaring amnesty for all the However many illegals are here, fifteen to twenty twenty five million, whatever the number is, why not just declare amnesty and let that go, or at least engaging in this, I said, I think is worth the effort. Give me one net benefit that America is going to see if we do, in fact, are able to carry out this deportation of multi millions of illegals in this country.
Speaker 2: Well, I can give you two. The first one is a national security and public safety benefit. Most of the people that we let in millions are total strangers. A percentage of them are criminal aliens. They've committed crimes in their home countries, and here it came back and we got to get We don't know who they all are, but we got to get rid of them. And number two is, if you grant amnesty, then what you're telling the world is get yourself in here, and one day we'll grant you amnesty too. And it creates this incredibly powerful, irresistible draw the Americans are doing these amnesties again, we can get in. We'll probably get in under one of those in a year or two or whatever. So it's just Amnesty's lore immigrants in from around the world for the next one. That's the problem with amnesties. They cause mass migration.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the misery and the chaos and the human suffering that comes along with that with so many people trying to get into this country illegally is a whole nother portion of that story. But Todd Bensman Center for Immigration Studies, awesome website, Keep up the great work. And I always appreciate the time that you give us here on seven hundred WLW, not just me but the other hosts on this station. But always great to have you on, Todd, and I hope we can do it again before too long.
Speaker 2: Glad to be here anytime.
Speaker 1: All right, there you go, the one and only Todd Bensman from the Center for CIS Center for Immigration Studies. Look it up and check it out. Twelve fifty six is late for a break, Dan Carroll for Bill Cunningham, seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: For You're very baseball bones next to our mighty hardball flame during the reds Hot Stove leave tonight at six only seven hundred wls.
Speaker 2: The home of the reds Hey.
Speaker 1: If you're like most Americans, you have a ton of debt and you're paying insane interest rates every month