Speaker 1: This is Pastor Rick's Daily Hope, the audio broadcast ministry of Pastor Rick Warren. Today we bring our series called fifty Days of Faith to a close. Rick will bring it all together for us with a final look at the true meaning of faith and explore ways we can strengthen it. But first, today, when you join our partner and Hope family by signing up for automated monthly giving, we'll send you a special welcome gift as our way of saying thanks. To find out more, go to Pastorick dot com while you listen to today's message, or simply text the word hope to eight hundred, six hundred five thousand and four. That's the word hope to eight hundred six hundred five thousand and four. Right now, here's Pastor Rick Warren with the final part of a message called how to Keep on Believing.
Speaker 2: When you get the promises of God in your life, you will be able to hope in faith rather than giving up. Now when you come to a dead end, rely on the promises. Notice this next verse. While God was testing him, and that's what waiting is.
Speaker 3: It's a test.
Speaker 2: Abraham still trusted in God and his promises, so he offered his son Isaac. Now this is a test. Isaac grows up and God says, I want you to give him back to me. I want you to sacrifice them to me. But Abraham didn't panic. I would have, but Abraham didn't panic. God said, give me your son back, sacrifice them to me. But he didn't panic. For three reasons, the Bible tells us. One, he believed that God would raise him from the dead Hebrews eleven nineteen. Second, when he's telling his servant, we're going up the hill to make the sacrifice, he says, will be back, Not I'll be back, but we'll be back. He fully intended the son to come back with him. And Third, when his little boy, Isaac is walking up the hill with him and he says, Daddy, where's the lamb we're going to sacrifice. Abraham says, the Lord will provide. He had every intention and no doubt that God was going to spare his son or resurrect him from the dead. Why he had the promises of God. Now here's the big test in your life. What are you going to do when God says to you, I want you to sacrifice your greatest dream.
Speaker 3: That is the ultimate test of faith.
Speaker 2: When God says, the thing you value most in life, what you want most in life, what you crave most in life, will you offer it on the altar? To me, this is a test. Will you do what Abraham did? Will you hope against hope? Will you hope in faith? And will you rely on the promises of God? Look at the next verse Romans four eighteen. Though it seemed Abraham's hope could not be fulfilled, he did become the fun nations exactly as God has promised. Notice the word seemed. Things are never as bleak as they seem if you look at them from God's point of view. The Disciples followed Jesus around for three years, and they thought he was going to bring in the kingdom and set up a kingo and they'd all be rulers. And one day they look up and Jesus is hanging on the cross, and he's dead. You talk about a dead end. They are devastated. He's the Messiah, He's the Son of God. How in the world could be hanging on a cross. They didn't know that Easter was just a couple days away. God specializes in turning dead situations around and resurrecting situations that look hopeless when we rely on the promises of God. Notice circle the word exactly. He says, he became the father of many nations exactly as God had promised. A promise is only as good as the integrity of the promiser, and God cannot lie. The fourth thing you do when you're waiting on God recognize the facts in faith. Face them, but face them in faith. Recognize the facts of your life in faith. Romans four nineteen and twenty says, without weakening in his faith, he it's Abraham faced the facts that his body was as good as dead, and Sarah's womb was also dead. He's been pretty blunt here, yet he didn't waver with unbelief. God's word translation says, through faith, he regarded the facts. Abraham recognizes that he and his wife are beyond child bearing years. He's ninety nine, his wife is eighty nine, and it is a medical impossibility that they're going to have children now. He doesn't deny the facts. He faces them with faith. This is very very important.
Speaker 3: Get this.
Speaker 2: Faith does not ignore reality. Faith does not pretend you don't have a problem. Faith does not act like it's no difficulty. Faith is not denial. Please hear that, because a lot of people think it is. Let me give you definition of faith. Faith is facing the facts in your life.
Speaker 3: Without being discouraged by them. That's faith.
Speaker 2: It's not denying you have problems. It's not denying you have difficulties. It's not denying you're facing a dead end or a hopeless situation from a human standpoint. It is facing the fact of problems in your life without being discouraged by them. That is true faith. Some of you are facing cancer. Some of you have loved ones who are facing cancer right now. You cannot deny the diagnosis, but you can defy the.
Speaker 3: Vert big difference.
Speaker 2: You cannot deny the diagnosis. I don't have cancer, Yes you do. They don't have cancer, Yes they do. You cannot deny the diagnosis. That's fantasy, it's denial. But you can defy the verdict and you can fight it and say we're going to work at this and we're going to do all we can to beat it.
Speaker 3: And defy the verdict.
Speaker 2: You see, this is very important because there's a brand of Christianity out there that says, deny all your problems and just smile smile, Smile. That's not Jesus, that's Pollyanna. You know it says you know, I'm not sick. Positive confession, I'm not sick. I got one hundred and four temperature, but I'm not sick. Or you know, I'm not in debt. I'm on the verge of bankruptcy, but I'm not in debt. Faith is not asking.
Speaker 3: You to deny reality. It never does.
Speaker 2: Faith asks you to face the reality in your life without being discouraged by it. It's not living in denial. Faith is not clinging to the past. Faith is not stubborn foolishness. Please understand this. If you're still waiting for eight Tracks to make a comeback, let it go.
Speaker 3: It's over. It isn't coming back.
Speaker 2: If you're still waiting for that special guy or girl to invite you out on a date, that person from high school and it's your fiftieth reunion.
Speaker 3: Let it go.
Speaker 2: That puppy's not coming home, just let it go. If you're hoping that dimpled Chads will elect you president, let it go.
Speaker 3: Let it go. Grieve deeply, but let it go.
Speaker 2: Some of you need to do some legitimate, deep grieving in your life. That things have not turned out as you planned, that what you dream for your life isn't going to happen.
Speaker 3: But you don't have a pity party.
Speaker 2: You believe that God knows best, and you say, yes, it didn't turn out the way I planned, but I believe God has a better plan.
Speaker 3: That is faith.
Speaker 2: Yes, things did not work out the way I thought, but I believe God is not through with my life, and He's working in my life, and God has good things in store for me.
Speaker 3: Still. That is faith.
Speaker 2: It is facing the facts in faith. It's not fantasy. It's just not being discouraged. One of the things I've told pastors for many, many years, it's an old cavalry military rule. It says, when the horse is dead, dismount. Okay, don't keep beating the dead horse. And when a dream dies, you just dismount and saddle another one. Because God's not through with you. God is not through with you. Some of you wanted to get married, but you never did. Some of you wanted to have children, but you never have. What do you do with a blocked love? Pull yourself into a cell, build a shell around yourself, be self concerned, a prickly pair. I'm never gonna let anybody get close to me again. I'm not gonna let anybody hurt me. I'm going to hold in my emotions, of course, not what do you do when a love is blocked? You're redirected.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Pastor Rick's Daily Hope. We'll be back in just a moment with the rest of today's lesson. You can sign up for Pastor Rick's free email devotional at pastorick dot com. That's pastorick dot com.
Speaker 4: The Bible says children are a gift from the Lord.
Speaker 2: Do you have.
Speaker 4: Kids, grandkids, nieces, nephews, or kids in your neighborhood that need to know God loves them and has a good plan for their lives. You can help them get closer to God by encouraging them to read God's Word. That's why we're so excited to tell you about a very special resource just for kids called God's Big Plans for Me. It's a storybook Bible by Pastor Rick Warren. This two hundred and twenty three page hardcover children's book includes forty well loved Bible stories to help kids engage with God's word. Each Bible story has an introduction from Pastor Rick that helps young readers understand the Word of God and a closing thought. With a practical step boys and girls can take to discover God's Big Plans for them. Their eyes will light up as they turn the beautifully illustrated pages and really start to get what God wants to say to their young hearts and minds. God's Big Plans for Me is so much more than just a book filled with cute pictures of Bible characters. It's a fun and effective way to introduce children to God's everlasting truth. This book makes a great gift. You'll want to get a copy for every child in your life. And today, when you give a gift to help Pastor Rick's Daily Hope take the certain Hope of Jesus Christ around the world, We'll send you a copy of God's Big Plans for Me Storybook Bible. To say thanks, Just call eight hundred at six hundred five zero zero four or go to Pastorick dot com to get your very own copy of God's Big Plans for Me Storybook Bible. And if you choose to become a partner in Hope with automated monthly giving, we'll also send you a very special welcome gift to show our appreciation. That's Pastororick dot com. Or you can call eight hundred at six hundred five zero zero four. Thank you so much for your support. Today is the last day to become a partner in Hope and receive your special welcome gift. So don't wait and don't forget to let us know which radio station you heard us on.
Speaker 1: Now let's get back to today's lesson here on Pastor Rick's Daily Hope.
Speaker 2: If you're still waiting for that special guy or girl to invite you out on a date, that person from high school and it's your fiftieth reunion.
Speaker 3: Let it go. That puppy's not coming home, just let it go.
Speaker 2: If you're hoping that dimpled Chads will elect you president.
Speaker 3: Let it go. Let it go.
Speaker 2: Okay, grieve deeply, but let it go. Some of you need to do some legitimate deep grieving in your life that things have not turned out as you planned, that what you dream for your life isn't gonna happen.
Speaker 3: But you don't have a pity party.
Speaker 2: You believe that God knows best, and you say, yes, it didn't turn out the way I planned, but I believe God has a better plan.
Speaker 3: That is faith.
Speaker 2: Yes, things did not work out the way I thought, but I believe God is not through with my life, and he's working in my life, and God has good things in store for me.
Speaker 3: Still.
Speaker 2: That is faith. It is facing the facts in faith. It's not fantasy. It's just not being discouraged. One of the things I've told pastors for many, many years, it's an old cavalry military rule. It says, when the horse is dead, dismount. Okay, don't keep beating a dead horse. And when a dream dies, you just dismount and saddle another one. Because God's not through with you. God is not through with you. Some of you wanted to get married, but you never did. Some of you wanted to have children, but you never have. What do you do with a blocked love? Pull yourself into a cell, build a shell around yourself, be self concerned, a prickly pair. I'm never going to let anybody get close to me again. I'm not gonna let anybody hurt me. I'm going to hold in my emotions, of course, not. What do you do when a love is blocked? You redirect it, You rechannel it. You know that story I've told you several times about Corey tin Boom. When she was a young woman, was engaged to be married, and all of a sudden, the boy broke up with her and married a friend, and she was devastated and she never did Mary went through life as a single woman, but she redirected her love. She didn't pull herself into a little shell, and she became one of the most loving Christian leaders of the twentieth century, influencing millions and millions of people. She redirected her love in a new direction. How do you keep on believing when you feel like giving up?
Speaker 3: You do these five things. First, you need to understand the.
Speaker 2: Six phases of faith that God will take you through over and over and over. Then you remember what God can do.
Speaker 3: He can do anything.
Speaker 2: Then you rely on God's promises and remember what He's promised to do. Then you recognize the facts of your life in faith. You don't deny them. You recognize them, but you don't get discouraged. And finally, you rejoice in anticipation. In anticipation, you expect, you joyfully expect God to act in your life and to do good things, even if it's not the way you planned. He will do good things you expect him to act. Romans fourth, twenty twenty one says this Abraham never doubted. He believed God for his faith and trust grew ever stronger, and he praised God for this blessing even.
Speaker 3: Before it happened.
Speaker 2: Wow, he was completely sure that God was well able to do anything he promised. Notice, even before it happened. That is real faith. We talked about it last week. When you thank God for something after it happens, that's gratitude. When you thank God for something before it happens, that is faith. And the highest form of faith is thanking God in advance.
Speaker 3: God. I don't even know how you're gonna work this out.
Speaker 2: I'm at a dead end, but I thank you in advance that you know what you're doing.
Speaker 3: I thank you in advance that you're gonna work it all out.
Speaker 2: One day, Jesus went up to a tomb and some people had asked him to raise Lazarus from the dead. And he walks up and he prays, Father, I thank you that you've already heard me. What was he doing thanking God in advance? When God delivers, there are three kinds of deliverance. On your outline The first is circumstantial deliverance, and in that a type of deliverance. God changes the situation. He miraculously turns the situation around. And God will do that many many times in your life, but he's not gonna always do it. He will do many miracles in your life, but he's not always going to change the situation. Sometimes he does personal deliverance, and he changes you and you get a bigger perspective, you get a deeper faith, you get a larger character, you get a better attitude. And God changes you and leaves the situation personal deliverance. But there is some pain in life that is only going to be relieved through ultimate deliverance, and that is Heaven. One day, We're going to a place, those of us who know the Lord, where there is no sorrow, no tears, no suffering, no sadness. And that is ultimately the deliverance that God wants to offer to you. Now, listen, God has not promised to take away all your pain. God has not promised that all your loved ones are going to live for as long as you want them to live. God has promised that you will not have any difficulties, that you will never have any dead ends, never have any delays. He has not promised to take away all your pain. He has promised to give you the strength to handle it, and he has promised that one day, ultimately, he will deliver you to heaven, where there is no sorrow, no suffering, no sadness, and no pain. The Bible says this, we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. What is the glory of God? The hope of God's glory is heaven. But there's only one way to get there, through Jesus Christ. You don't work for it or earn it. It's through Jesus Christ. Now, the Bible word for deliverance is the word salvation. That's what salvation means. Jesus Christ is your savior. He is your deliverer, and he will deliver you. And that is a far cry from just positive thinking. You see, all the world can offer is wishful thinking. The world hopes for the best, But Jesus Christ offers the best hope.
Speaker 3: That's power. Heads, are you at a dead end this morning?
Speaker 2: Jesus Christ can turn your hopeless end into an endless hope. So whatever problem seems hopeless to you, I urge you to give it and your life to Jesus Christ right now, to Jesus Christ, I give you my problems and I give you my life right now.
Speaker 3: In Jesus' name. Amen.
Speaker 2: Hi everybody, this is Rick and I hope you enjoyed today's broadcast. You know, if you just prayed that prayer for the very first time, or you just recommitted your life to Jesus again today, would you let me know about it. There's something real about sharing your commitment. So write me Rick at pastor Rick dot com and say, Rick, I prayed that prayer of commitment. I gave my life to Christ. I'll send you some material that'll help you on your journey with Jesus, and I'll also pray for you. God bless you.
Speaker 1: This is Pastor Rick's daily hope. Rick will be right back to close out our time today. But first, over the last couple of years, we've all experienced worldwide changes and events that have impacted us in profound and sometimes unimaginable ways. For many of us, those changes will impact our lives for years to come. Pastor Rick believes that now more than ever, people need God's word and the hope that it brings. That's why he'd like to invite you to become a partner in hope. Here's rick to tell you more.
Speaker 2: There are nearly eight billion people on this planet, and God wants us to reach every one of them with the Gospel. Jesus said, go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I've commanded you. And surely I'm with you always to the very end of the age. That's called the Great Commission. It often seems like mission impossible, But if we'll work together to fulfill the Great Commission, God will turn it into the great completion. You know, the Bible says that in heaven, an enormous crowd of people from every race, every tribe, every nation, and every language will one day stand before Jesus Christ to worship him. That's in Revelation chapter seven, verse nine. And that's why I'm asking you, friends, to partner with daily hope by becoming a partner in hope. What is a partner in hope? Well, right now, we're able to take the good News of Jesus into almost every country of the world, including regions where it's difficult or dangerous to share the gospel. But thanks to your prayers and your financial support, we reach millions of people around the world every month through radio, the Internet, podcasting, TV, and we're translating Daily Hope into twenty five languages that enable us to reach over eighty percent of the world's population. That's because of your faithfulness. And yet there are still billions of people that need to hear about the hope we find in Jesus. So please pray about becoming a Partner of Hope today. Partners and Hope provide vital monthly support that will help us reach millions more people around the world, including these regions we're going to that have no Bibles, no believers, and no bodies of Christ. If God puts it on your heart, then please join us. Become a Partner of Hope today. With your first monthly donation, we'll send you a special gift to welcome you to the Partner and Hope family. Now, there's nothing more important that we can do together than to make sure people all around the world the good news of Jesus Christ and have a chance to grow in God's word. Join us today as a Partner in Hope.
Speaker 1: To become a partner in Hope with convenient, automated monthly giving, just go to Pastororick dot com or call eight hundred six hundred five thousand and four. When you do, we'll send you a special bonus welcome gift and God's Big Plans for Me storybook Bible To say thanks again. That's Pastororick dot com or call eight hundred six hundred five thousand and four. Today is the last day to become a Partner in Hope and receive your special welcome gift, So don't wait and don't forget to let us know which radio station you hurt us on. Be sure to join us next time as we look into God's Word for our daily hope. This program is sponsored by Pastor Rick's Daily Hope and your generous financial support