Speaker 1: Kylie, welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Thank you for having me eslecually on such a busy day.
Speaker 1: It is a busy day and it's probably not going to get any less busy for you guys. What can we expect let's do the next twenty four hours from now? What are we looking at in terms of this storm?
Speaker 2: Well, we're pretty fought in with the snow right now. Now, between now and tomorrow morning, we're just going.
Speaker 3: To be continuous snowfalls, am I paper off the times right now and my house are kind of in a little bit of a lighter roll, but there will be times when those heavier bands set up and then we're talking snowfall rates of an inch per hour or.
Speaker 2: Even more so. Definitely just d a wassh homing from mid morning tomorrow.
Speaker 1: So what is causing this particular storm? I learned something watching a forecast about the Albuquerque Low and it sounds like like an old West villain or But what is the Albuquerque Low and why is it a part of this?
Speaker 2: You know, whenever we talk about the different lope, it basically to me as a the placement of the low pressure system. So we've been watching this storm since earlier this week and we see it. We've watched it come down from the Pacific northwest, and I don't know if you were falling along earlier this week, but we were actually there was like Colorado means, where it was like zero to twelve inches.
Speaker 4: Because of that low went.
Speaker 2: Too far to the east, then we were got to get completely stunt. But the way that this low pressure system.
Speaker 3: Set up, it turns in a way that we get kind of the backside of it.
Speaker 4: And with that we get those winds that go from the east, they hit our foothills and it rises and we call that upslope. And so with that it creates these kind of snowmaker events.
Speaker 2: And this low pressure system is just slowly kind of moving on out and so that's why it's going to continue to turn. When we're talking about the next play eighteen hours.
Speaker 1: So at what time tomorrow are we looking for it to move out?
Speaker 4: You know, I would say by nine ten o'clock we should be wrapping things up.
Speaker 1: Oh oh that's good.
Speaker 2: That's really good.
Speaker 1: So people going to have the rest day to move the snow and get it out of the way and then go about their business and hopefully enjoy the rest of the weekend exactly well.
Speaker 2: And what's nice here is that we're hard helping pretty quickly as we get into Saturday afternoon and then again on Sunday hurten.
Speaker 3: And back up in the fifties.
Speaker 2: But I do want to just urge everyone if you can just shuble twice because this is incredibly wet, heavy snow. It's kind of like that cement that you're trying to, you know, pick up, and it's that backbreaking snow. So I would just recommend if you can break it up into like this afternoon and then again in the morning, that might help out.
Speaker 1: A little bit. Also, I have a public service announcement, please clean the car off the top of your car, the snow off the top of your car, and don't have it fly off in giant trunks into the people behind us windshield on I twenty five, because that is I had to park my car outside, and so my car is outside right now and I'm not looking forward to that that part of it, especially driving home and having stuff fly off. Kylie, what can we expect next week is going to be really nice though, So once we get through this, it should be very pleasant, right, yeah, exactly, So once.
Speaker 2: We get through this, we're back in the fifties and we've got a much quieter weekhead. I think like four out of five of these days we're pin point weather alertdays, and next week we're just looking at sunshine and see some keens in the fifties.
Speaker 1: All right, Kylie Burs from Fox thirty one, thanks for giving us a little update and telling us what we can look forward.
Speaker 2: To anytime they see all right.
Speaker 1: Thanks Kuyi