Speaker 1: It's seven thirty two fifty five KRCD Talks Station. I've been looking forward to this since I found out from West Side Jim Kiefer, who always seems to get the information before anybody else. He's one of my favorite little birds feeding me information in studio. Mayor old candidate Corey Bowman. Corey, great to have you here. I'm glad you made the trip into the studio.
Speaker 2: Great to be here. Thanks for having me, Brian.
Speaker 1: And you know, it's a parenthetical for me, because I doubt you put it on your resume, but I think it's important for my listeners to know your brother happens to be the Vice president of the United States of America.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm considering putting on my resume just for the heck of it, you know, maybe get some benefits there as well. But yes, he is my half brother on my father's side.
Speaker 1: It's inspiring to you or I think you have a huge measure of pride for him.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: You know, I've just did an interview yesterday and I just told people that the number one thing is that he's a big brother to me, and he's a role model to me.
Speaker 2: You know, he's four years older than me.
Speaker 3: And to be able to see what he's been able to accomplish, and to be able to see it on that big of a stage is just so inspiring.
Speaker 1: It's got to be incredible. And I mean, he you know, I'll be speaking out loud. I'm fifty ifty sixty in September, and I consider him and you know young young men, and that I never in my wildest thank you. I wouldn't imagine, I mean, even in my age, with my life experience, I mean, taking on a role of even being mayor of the City of Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: I think I'd be out of my element or out of your mind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or people have told me you're running as a Republican in the city of Cincinnati, and I have to give and sorry, Taylor, Uh, hold on, where's my reading glasses on my head? Taylor whiter Weader from WCPO wrote a little article about you, and he said Cincinnati has not had a Republican mayor since Bill Gradison Junior in nineteen seventy one, who was elected after Eugene Rouhman, but no Ken Blackwell was mayor between nineteen seventy nine and nineteen eighty. I think he was the last Republican. So obviously a Sisyphian like challenge for a Republican to become mayor of the City of Cincinnati. But you know what, Donald Trump just got elected but and won the popular vote. People are upset with the direction of the Democrat Party. So you know, it's within the realm of possibility. Obviously you wouldn't be taking a stab at running.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I to be honest with you, this didn't even cross my mind in recent days, but I put on a post for my announcement that a few weeks ago we landed in CVG from coming back from the inauguration. And one thing, if you know me and my wife and our family, is that we love the city of Cincinnati. Oh yeah, and this is just our home. This isn't a stepping stone. This is like we came here four years ago, which I'm from the area. I was in Tampa for nine years, but whenever I came back, we came back because this is our home. That's where we want to raise our family. And it wasn't even on the outskirts. We love the downtown area in Cincinnati proper.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 3: Then as time started, you know, going on and seeing what happened at the inauguration. I just ended up saying, hey, is this a realm that can help this city in my life? And so I looked it up and the last I saw was all the stats that you just said, and no Republican mayor since the seventies. And it's basically like bullies in my mind, and I don't like bullies. Well, and we need a dissenting opinion. It's an echo chamber. Since they counseling the mayor, all they do is talk amongst themselves and say, yeah, you're right, No, you're right, yet absolutely without anybody raising their hand, just sort of questioning, like wait a second, hold on, let's contemplate perhaps.
Speaker 1: This or that angle to any particular solution. So that's exactly how I saw it. Wonderful. All right, Well to take a break at is break time. We're going to continue this conversation with Corey Bowman. Corey needs signatures in order to become a candidate for the mayor of City of Cincinnati. He's got to collect and submit one thousand qualified signatures. So everybody gets together and helps support Corey in his effort along those lines real quick here though, first a word for twenty two three Firearms range gun Store Route forty two between Mason eleven and my favorite gun store ever. The owners there, Wendy and Jeff, are just the best people, best people, And if you have never been to twenty two three, you got a great incentive to do that because this Saturday between ten am and four pm, Shaw Armament will be there on hand, displaying and showing off the amazing suppressors. So if you've been thinking about a suppressor, maybe you own one already, you understand that these suppressors they're going to be demonstrating are serviceable, modular and caliber changeable, so you can go from like a twenty two to a nine millimeter and serviceable is a big deal for those that know about suppressors. So check out these wonderful suppressors from Shaw Armament, talk to the dealer, try one out. They're going to have in a fully automatic MP five on hand that you are allowed to test on the range. I guess with one of these Shaw suppressors as well. Beyond that, just an outstanding store, knowledgeable folks, friendly folks, a huge selection of firearms of all types, ammunition accessories, and a gunsmith plus that indoor range. Find them online good at twenty two three the number twenty two five by the word three spelled out twenty two to three. Dot Com fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 2: Have you taken your family to dip uh nine?
Speaker 1: First forecast? We have an overcast, downer hands with rains showing up sometime around four pm, and we'll have a high of thirty six then to thirty five. Overnight showers and storms are possible, but north of the city northern counties you may see freezing rain. Tomorrow's high sixty one with a little rain in the morning, otherwise partly cloudy over night, partly cloudy as well, with a little thirty and a mostly sunny Friday, which is good but a little cooler at a high of forty two to thirty three degrees. Right now, let's do what Chuck has to say about traffic. Chuck Ingram from the UC out Traffic Center.
Speaker 4: Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the US. If you're at risk, pruss the experts. Hey, do you see health for innovative and personalized heart and care.
Speaker 1: Expect more you see health.
Speaker 4: Dot Com South Bend seventy five continues to build through block from that there's an accident inbound seventy four after you got pants north Bend on the left shoulder, slowing traffic a bit and a wreck and ross on Cincinnati Brookville at Bay High Chuck King, Vermont fifty five KR scene the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven fifty five PARRACD talk station. What a great guy. I'm having a good time talking on and off air with Corey Bowman, who is running for mayor, at least he hopes to. He needs signatures, and there's a way you can help Corey get the signatures. He'll be at his coffee shop in addition to being the pastor and founder of the River Church. We're gonna learn about that from Corey here at a moment. He also with his wife, owns King's Arms coffee shop.
Speaker 2: He said, it's in the West End. Yes, sir, Yeah, it's on Bay Miller.
Speaker 1: Bay Miller in the West End on a website.
Speaker 3: Nineteen hundred Bay Miller Street, and we are it's King's Arms Coffee dot com.
Speaker 1: Wonderful. So if you can show up at King's Arms. He's actually working today, he said. His head Maurista, has taken a couple of days off, so behind the counter he will be, you get to shake hands with him, meet him and sign a petition to have Corey run for mayor now pivoting over in addition to the owning King's Arms coffee shop, the River Church. Tell my listeners about the mission, the denomination, if there is one, and how you ended up founding that church.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, So, you know, I grew up in the area. I had what I would call as an encounter with the Lord, just basically me making that decision for myself for the first time in my life to follow whatever God's plan was for my life. I think a lot of people need to come to that place in themselves. Don't just get your religion from what you grew up when with, but you have to make that decision yourself. So I got to that point about fourteen years ago, still in Cincinnati area, but I felt, hey, I just graduated from Miami of Ohio with business, but before I venture off in anything, I'm going to go to Bible School in Tampa, Florida. It was a ministry that helped change my life. It was Pastors Rodney and Donica Howard Brown in Tampa, Florida.
Speaker 1: That was The River Church.
Speaker 3: So long story short, we basically went to school there that my wife there started raising our family there. I was there for nine years, and in the final year that I was there, COVID happened, and my pastor was the first one in Florida to be arrested just for having.
Speaker 1: Church leader of the resistance I just mentioned off. Eric went, I mean, have you ever seen the First Amendment of the United States Constitution trampled on more than during COVID. Absolutely not freedom of assembly, a free exercise of religion, freedom of speech, all thrown out the door in the name of this nonsensical COVID nineteen thing we had going on. But you could still go to Best Buy.
Speaker 2: No. Absolutely. That was during that time.
Speaker 3: That's when we realized how important local government was because they could say things from the federal level. But if the local government is fighting tooth and nail against those or fighting against the constitution, then that's where the rights are going to be hindered. And so what happened with us was that we saw firsthand them trying to shut down our church. During COVID. We were feeding a thousand families a week. My wife was the head of a call center. We were taking prayer calls we had student body that we were helping as well, many members that just needed that sense of community, and they were trying to shut that down. So whenever we saw that firsthand and all the craziness, that's probably what started a little bit in me of realizing the importance of local government. And when that happened during that time, our heart has always been the people of Cincinnati. You can ask any of my friends. Whenever I was going to Bible school or even whenever I was at Miami is that downtown Cincinnati was my heart. That's where I'm always gonna be. That's where the Reds games are, That's where Skyline is. That's where Skyline and Greaters have combined right now, hallelujah. And so there's all these things that are just ingrained in me about the city. Well, during that time, we realized that people were suffering, that people needed that sense of community, they needed that sense of belonging in the downtown area. So in twenty twenty, we just packed our bags and we started the River Church Cincinnati, right in the middle of all of it.
Speaker 1: That's truly amazing, and I hate that we have taken another break. We're gonna come back and find out what Corey's ideas are for the City of Cincinnati if he were mayor, and I'm looking forward to seeing that and how he's gonna well deal with the challenges he invariably will face given the makeup of the political makeup rather the City of Cincinnati. First of calling electric Andrew Cullen is an amazing team of electricians there to help you with any residential electric need. They're outstanding of what they do. The price is always right, and the service is second to none. They take great care of you. They will efficiently manage your electric issue, regardless of how tiny or large it may be. I've seen them in action. I always like to call them a well oiled machine. And they put in candlight to my basically my whole house and pretty much one day, and just love the work that they've done for us over the years. Just got done with my bathroom project last year and they did all the wiring for that. They wired in my whole house generator. So big project, small projects, anything in between, you're in the best possible hands. They join a plus with a better business bureau and you get a ten year wiring warranty on anything they do. So tell Andrew Cullen and the team. Brian said, Hi, when you give them a call to schedule that appointment five one three two two seven four one one two five one three two two seven four one one two learn more online. You can schedule appointment online as well. Just go to call on Electric Cincinnati dot com CEE U L L E N Cullen Electric Cincinnati dot Com fifty five krc.
Speaker 4: UH.
Speaker 1: Here's a nine verse twenty one to forecast cloudy skys today, rain shown up around four pm and I F thirty six, showers and storms overnight with maybe some freezing rain to the north. Overnight low on thirty five sixty one the high tomorrow, rain in the morning, clouds the rest of the day, cloudy overnight as well, thirty for the low and on Friday mostly sunny skies and if forty two thirty three. Now, let's hear from Chuck Ingram.
Speaker 4: From the uc UP Traffic Center. Heart disease is the eating cause of death in the US. If you're at risk, trust the experts at you see help for innovative and personalized herdcare. Expect more you see help dot Com. Southbound seventy five continues to build through block when there's an accident inbound seventy four after you got pants north Ben on the left shoulder, slowing traffic a bit. And Arek and Ross on Cincinnati Brookville at Bay High Chucking, Vermont fifty five krc the talk station.
Speaker 1: A forty eight fifty five KRCD talk station in studio mayoral candidate Corey Bowman. Assume you can get the thousand signatures he needs and you can help him out doing that. Just head on over at some point today or tomorrow. He's going to be at his coffee shop, King's Arms coffee Shop. And you can also consider checking out the River Church, which is Pastor Bowman's church.
Speaker 3: Where's the church located right in the west end Still, it's right, it's about a block away from Taft High School, and it's rock Cross Street from Stargul Football Stadium where the CPS.
Speaker 1: And it's it is non denominational, it's just it's it's christ base. It's it's Bible based, but you don't adhere to like a Catherine doctor and Episcopalian doctrine or.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I just tell people A lot of times people ask if it's non denominational, but that's kind of becoming a denomination itself, and people kind of assume something about that as well.
Speaker 1: Ross Roads exactly.
Speaker 3: I wish it, you know, not bad talking to any of these others. I basically just tell people we believe the Bible, we believe the power of God, and that's something we've received and that we want other people to experience.
Speaker 1: Father of three with one on the way, when's your When does your wife do?
Speaker 2: For this is to do at the end of June early July.
Speaker 1: Well, I wish you all the best in the world on that, Thank you, family man. He is all right. Pivoting over to politics, of course, being the mayor of the City of Cincinnati, of all's politics. You obviously perceived the city to be going in the wrong direction. Otherwise you wouldn't want to challenge mayor. I have to have purvall, what's your plan for the city? What do you want to accomplish? If you were in that role.
Speaker 3: Well, I think what got me started on it was the fact that there was wasn't really any opposition. And like what we talked about earlier, you cannot be in an echo chamber. There has to be conversation, There has to be debate, there has to be differences of opinion. Over the last years of being downtown, I've had a chance to talk with people on the streets, leaders in the community, but also just residents that are suffering. And we don't start the conversation off with hey, I'm blue, you're red or whatever. We actually just like talk about experience and then whatever the conversation leads to. It was not based on the side. It was based on the experience and what common sense might.
Speaker 1: Be perceived solutions as opposed to politics governing the discussion exactly. Yeah, we live in such a divided society. You could come up with the best idea in the world, but if you articulate it by saying, you know, I'm a Republican and I think we should do this, the other side just can immediately say no, yeah, yeah, I hate that about politics.
Speaker 3: And I believe a reporter asked me yesterday are you running as a Republican or Democrat? And I just I told her, I said, well, in the city, you can't run as a Republican or Democrats a non parson you know, you know, actual position. But I will say that my views are on the side of more conservative, but that doesn't mean that there isn't a room for debate and conversation. What I've seen over the last four years of being downtown is that first and foremost, I love the city. I'm not here to say this. You know, city as a hell hole and we need to fix everything. There's a reason why I love the city so much. I believe this is and people think I'm biased, which I am, but I truly believe it's the greatest city on the face of the earth. It's the queen City, It's the epicenter of the Midwest. I really believe that has the greatest potential of any city that we see in our area. But I truly believe also that there's policies that have been in place over the last four years that have really hindered an acceleration of growth in our city and also has left certain communities just left in the dust.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's typically the case, and you'll hear from those communities every time a new election comes around. You know, are you going to come over here and pay attention to us for a change in terms of prioritization law enforcement? You in favor and pro law enforcement, not as opposed to being a defund police, kind of anti polity.
Speaker 3: We have to support our public offices and we have to support our police department. I think one of the biggest things is that you have to increase the morale and the out how people perceive law enforcement is that law enforcement we are at the coffee shop. When police officers come by, they're there to help the community, they're there to protect the community. And we're living in a city to where people are actually afraid to make a report. Businesses specifically sometimes are afraid for the cops to even come because if it's a false alarm, instead of just saying, hey, we're here to help, they get a fee because it was a false alarm. And so these are things to where that's on the individuals of the police department. Those are just policies and a culture that we need to kind of change. Just realize we back the police department, we back our fire department, but they're here to help the community.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'd be remiss if I didn't ask you what your stand is on we already got one leg your stance on a streetcar expansion.
Speaker 3: I believe that public transportation is a huge issue, and I think that if you are in the city, infrastructure, roads, these are things that have to be a priority. Sometimes we put these blanket statements on things based on issues that don't really affect the everyday people. The streetcar is a huge topic. I will say this that being downtown, the streetcar does benefit certain people and it is a good thing. But there are certain ways that's been implemented or perceived, or maybe putting too much effort into something that could be put into something else. I believe that you just got to look at it and kind of just rethink some things.
Speaker 1: Well, and we're not going to unring that bell, but you know, my favorite gripe is, you know the sunset. The road has been in a state of horrific districts for probably fifteen years, if not longer, and no one's ever bothered to fix it. And I'm not the only one. We had a caller that used to call every once in a while named Fred, and he's like, fix my street. I just want my street fixed. And infrastructure seems to be falling apart while the powers that be are pursuing all these you know, bright and shiny objects.
Speaker 3: I also think too, that people wouldn't be as frustrated about it if they weren't promised for the last four years that the purchases and the money and the funding that have come in will go toward infrastructure. If anything, this last winter has showed that that money isn't being used properly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I certainly echo that sentiment. And then of course we have outstanding pension problems. Not sure that you're capable of dealing with that, but it's got to be a priority at some point because people are going to be relying on that.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that you know this term and this is actually ring true with the federal government as well as One of the biggest issues is we have to manage my properly. We have to be able to look at our budgets, we have to be able to look at what's coming in. I truly believe that there's plenty to be able to take care of our city, to be able to take care of these issues, but it comes down to money management. If you're not a good steward of what you've been given, you know, I'll just you know, quote the Bible says, if you're faithful with a little, you'll be ruled over much. And so if and I'm not saying that Cincinnati has little. We have plenty. We have great people, we have great resources, and we have great funding. But I truly believe that the management of that needs to be reevaluated in order to focus on the issues that are really important to people.
Speaker 1: Corey Bowman, he is learning for mayor. If he gets the signatures you can help him out. And doing that, I'm sure he'll be other places beyond King's Arms coffee Shop, which is where you'll find him today and tomorrow, behind the counter making you up a great cup of coffee and having a petition there to get him on the ballot. I wish you all the best of luck. I really do. It would be a refreshing alternative to the status quo we've been dealing with for a long time, which is led us to what some describe like me at a pretty sorry state in terms of some of the issues we talked about this morning. Corey, thanks again for making the trip into the studio, and I'm sure you and I will talk again.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, thank you for having me I will. I do want to say that the names on the petitions do need to be registered voters in the Cincinnati Proper action in the day in town area. So if you're planning on coming, you stop by and visit me. I would love to shake your hand. But if you're want to sign the petition, it has to be a registered voter in the city.
Speaker 1: Important clarification. Corey, good luck man, Thank you again. We'll talk soon, folks. Don't go away. Dan Claire's good. He's chief communications officer for the Disabled Americans Veterans. They've got a Patriot boot camp coming up with dats on that, plus Judge inneda Polatano with eight thirty tariffs and the Constitution, and then we're benefiting the homeless. And the last segment that's a Marty Gras will learn the details about that Marty Graus benefiting the homeless at the end of the eight o'clock hour. I hope you can stick around. Huge happens fast, stay up to date. At the top of the hour, complicated, it's going to go very fast. Fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 2: This report is sponsored by Pure