Speaker 1: Would you like to come to a sneak preview special screening of Mission Impossible the Final Reckoning? And it looked official, but it's like, click this link if you want to go. And I get text messages like that and and emails like that about different things, and I'm just in the habit of not clicking on anything ever for any reason.
Speaker 2: Same, And I think it's very smart. Man. Are you guys the same.
Speaker 3: We get messages from the company saying, don't don't click on any link.
Speaker 2: I don't click on anything.
Speaker 4: I really don't, and I think it's cost me millions of dollars in revenue.
Speaker 2: So I started thinking, are you the same, Christina? Yes, even with text messages too. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't click links, right, even if it's somebody I know that sends me a link. If the text before the link looks suspicious at all, I'm like, did you send me a link?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I owe thousands of dollars in tolls. I need to click on this right now, dude.
Speaker 2: I had that message today. Yeah, it's NonStop.
Speaker 1: So I started thinking about it and I was like, well, we did the story on the show about Tom Cruise coming to Dallas, He's coming to Dallas to promote this new movie Mission Impossible to Find Cruise.
Speaker 2: And so I just kept.
Speaker 1: Having that thought Tom Cruise in my brain in a Friday night ass storm, and I'm like, dang man, uh, what if this is real? If I what if I could go to the theater where Tom Cruise is going to be. So I responded to the email without clicking the link, and I said, Hey, is this real?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I just don't know. Is this real?
Speaker 1: And they were like responded immediately, Yes, Ben, It's real. We were it was made aware to us that the Ben and Skin show talks about Tom Cruise movies.
Speaker 2: It's an industry secretry.
Speaker 1: Like somebody reached out and all those you guys were fans or talk about Tom Cruise or something, and so we just thought we'd invite you. And I was like, okay, So you know, it was somebody who was a little bit familiar with our show. Is this PR firm? And they knew who our show was or whatever, And so I was like, Okay, I'm going.
Speaker 2: Through with it.
Speaker 1: I'm clicking the link. Hell yeah, And so I did, and then I didn't hear back, and I was heard from an Arabian prince. And so I was on my way into work today and I, you know, I stopped at the Velvet Taco, which I love, got amazing tacos, so good call me Velvet Taco, and.
Speaker 2: I got a note.
Speaker 1: I saw a response and hey, sorry about this, yet, we got you covered. We got you plus three Because I told him, I go, man, if you give me enough time, I could probably convince some of my showmates to go with me. But I don't, you know, I but let me know once it's totally confirmed. So they didn't confirm everything until today. And so I've got me plus three going to North Park Mall to the world premiere sneak preview of Mission Impossible, the Final Reckoning, and I know you guys can't go. Yeah, And so I called the lady again.
Speaker 2: I just called her. I was like, hey, is this this is real? Right?
Speaker 1: Like she goes, yeah, I promise you it's real, and YadA YadA. And I start talking to her and she goes, you know, you know Tom is going to be in Dallas, right, And I'm like, oh, yes, hey, when is this happening?
Speaker 2: Like what's going on with this?
Speaker 1: And she was like, you know, I'm I'm the one who's in charge of that, Like, I'll be with him and Da da da, and he's going to some different places. And I was like, I'm sitting there going, Okay, how do we get him on our show? Dude, and I can get into a velvet taco that would seal the deal. And so I was like, So she said, you know, we may be in a situation where at one of the theaters I may need somebody to introduce him. So anyways, I may end up getting some private one time with my new best friend Tom Cruise.
Speaker 4: This is incredible, Ben, this is seriously and there's no one in the DFW. I'm being as honest as I can be that would deserve this more than you. Your devotion to that man is unrelenting and undefeated, and I would be ecstatic for you and our show if you in any way got to interact with Tom Cruise.
Speaker 2: Is anyone else imagining the photo off here? I mean, okay, so what with the photo? I mean you would look twice as old as him. No, it's sometimes is large.
Speaker 3: You might it's Danica Patrick photo, Like when we interviewed Danica Patrick, like she's just so tiny. Oh yeah, And It's like, Okay, they had a little girl sitting on the show today and I.
Speaker 2: Never should have rested my elbow on her head. That was poor form.
Speaker 1: But I'm like, dude, uh so this, I mean, this would be the most major celebrity we've interacted with the show.
Speaker 4: He's on a completely different level. Yeah, I mean him and President Bush. Yeah. Yeah, and honestly more people like Tom Cruise and like President than any president.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Bill Clinton was real popular for a while.
Speaker 1: So if I get like like I have, I haven't interview like you. Who are the celebrities you interact with? And you told them thanks for what they're doing for the environment? Leonardo Dica DiCaprio, I need advice like that. What do I do in this? Do not bring up the environment?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Not to him? Yeah, yeah, for sure. But it would be a.
Speaker 4: Little different because Tom Cruise, so you're your gal, you're in between. She would prep Tom Cruise that you're coming at him. It would be different than me just dive bombing Leonardo DiCaprio as he's walking to a dinner table. That's not a good situation, right, So what do I This is on a much tinier, tinier level, But I did at a movie theater. I introduced John Cusack, and beforehand I spent like three minutes with him backstage talking and he was very nice. Okay, And so I'm imagining that you would get at minimum a few minutes with Tom Cruise and which he would tell you what to do and what not to do. Like, I don't negative you know what I'm saying. So do you ask for a selfie? Do you go with a handshake? What type of handshake? Do you try to do a quick interview with him? Do you try to get him on the show Secretcy?
Speaker 2: There's all these things you're already overthinking of.
Speaker 4: The idea of how the idea, the idea is to is to do something he's not accustomed to, to warm up to him, asked to see his penis, let us see it.
Speaker 2: We all know that. Yeah, what about what about the rule? Are you allowed to pick him up or not pick him up? I don't know, he's not all right? What if he was.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited about this so I might get the chance to meet Tom Cruise. That's not tonight, Okay, that's later this week. Tonight will just be the screening and then he's going to be in Dallas, stop him by different theaters because they're just trying to infuse life and energy into the theater business, get people to go in and watch this movie. So we're gonna have multiple movie reviews tomorrow, and I don't think I'm allowed to review it.
Speaker 2: We're not gonna have any you're an embargoed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm embargoed. I'm not allowed to review it until Wednesday. Oh good, okay, so this Wednesday. Yeah, that's weird because moving down out to the twenty third.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, for whatever reason, those they probably have some sort of thing. Yeah, critics blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: So that said, we'll have an adventure tonight and then maybe an adventure later in the week where Tom Cruise and I become best friends. All right, Coming up next the Hollywood Shuffle where you going to take his kat?
Speaker 2: Did a law get broken by a Hollywood actor? On Saturday Night Live on Saturday next