Speaker 1: Five o five.
Speaker 2: I think about KRC the talk station Happy Monday, serious.
Speaker 3: Say will it was a education.
Speaker 2: Worker out, Yeah, you can pretty much say that. I hope you had a wonderful weekend. Brian, Tim's right here, glad to see Joe strek Roy belongs and looking forward to heaving. Kencober FLP president joined the program coming up at six point thirty to discuss this horrific murder, which is what the prosecutor's office is calling it of the sheriff's deputy who was well intentionally targeted and killed by the father of the eighteen year old who was by all accounts, pointing a firearm at a police officer. And we all know what happened on that one found that out last week eighteen year old no longer with US. Ey body camera footage released. If I don't know if you've seen it or not, it's not crystal clear, and therein lives of challenge as we move forward, worried about protests and obviously dad didn't take it real well. But you know, you got to ask yourself out loud, what's an eighteen year old doinger with a forty caliber glock handgun with an extended magazine and it is stolen car. I imagine that's lots of process. As a parent, I'm not quite sure how I would process it, but don't think I would react the way that it all fell up came in so can Colbert joined us at six point thirty off for his thoughts and comments on that tragedy. Coming up, also seven oh five up State Representative Jennifer gross on why you should vote no on issue too. Quite a few listeners have gotten in touch me you have cared. We'll talk about issue too. I brought it up from time to time. It just the problem that problem is it's a constitutional amendment which we will enshrine. This what I'm calling slush fund. But we'll allow Jennifer to offer her thoughts and comments on that. Coming up at seven oh five Christopher Smithman, it is Monday. We do the Smither event every Monday at seven twenty former Vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati, and I have a feeling he'll also have some a thing or two to say about the the murder of the sheriff's deputy, but also that this details about what led up to it, and maybe a comment or two about why an eighteen year old be caring a glock twenty three forty caliber firearm with an extended magazine Monday. Monday, Brian James. Today, we'll talk about consumer confidence being low in spite of the fact and jobless claims up actually at a decent jobs a new jobs report filed last week. You at least it exceeded expectations. Young workers report burnout and living paycheck to paycheck. Plus Starter Home is beginning at one million dollars. That seems to be a little out of everyone's reach, at least that's my perception. Finally cares, he cares. Maybe question marks since a VA may join the program at eight forty so I hope they do. But if not, we'll muddle through and talk about, well what you want to talk about, which you can steer the co direction of the conversation. I always invite listeners to call five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two three Taco with pound five fifty on at and T phone over the weekend. Haven't kind of Sheriff's office release identity of that deputy that was killed in the crash Friday by the father of the man whose son was killed and the officer involved shooting eighteen years old with the glock twenty three forty caliber hang on with an extended magazine. It was Deputy Larry Henderson, sheriff's deputy for thirty three years, served in multiple specialized units. Listen to this. He was not always the Academy instructor, dive Team member, HCPA SWAT, FBI task for officer, and he was with the bomb unit as well at some point HCSO Bomb Unit. Helvin County Sheriff charlel MANE McGuffey said in a statement on Saturday. In Deputy Henderson's early tenure as a Sheriff's deputy, I recognized his talent for teaching and presentation. Larry began his journey as a Sheriff's office trainer early in his career, developed the expertise and became an excellent trainer. Subsequently trained divisions on a Hemlon County Sheriff's Office that include hundreds of deputy sheriffs. His ability to relate to and touch officers' lives was extraordinary. We will continue to honor Larry's life of service and his badge is going to be retired. Badge number one twenty nine will be retired from the Hemmon County Sheriff's Office. Least accorded information from the spokesperson there, Jase, it's a shame. Governor Line, for his part, is ordered flags to be flown at half staff across the state in honor of the late Hemlon County Sheriff's Deputy Larry Henderson. Order takes took place Sunday night last night and last until sunset on the day of his funeral. Take place all across Hamilton County, in addition of the Ohio State House, the Verne Rifle Center, and Rhodes State Office Tower. Additionally, all other public buildings in the state will be permitted to five flags his staff at their discretion. I'd like to see a lot of them being flown at half staff in honor of this well. Obviously he had a great career at the Sheriff's office. No announcement got on the funeral arrangements, but Charmie McGuffey said that they would be publicly announced soon then. So far as what the court documents explain about what led to the fatal crash, Fox nineteen reporting Hamilton County municipal court affidavit states that based on numerous witness statements and evidence found at the scene, Rodney Hinton Junior, that's the father of the kid who had the gun jove eastbound across oncoming lanes through the intersection of Martin Luther King Drive and Burnout Wood's Drive and directly at the deputy, who was wearing a uniform as well as a bright fluorescent vest. According to court documents, the deputy was standing on the sidewalk at the corner of the intersection, outside of the lanes of travel, doing traffic control. A statement from the attorneys representing the Hinton family explained that the day of the crash, the families, along with the now incarcerated without bond, Rodney Hinton Junior, met with CINCINNT Police Department watched the body cam footage involving Ryan Hinton. That's the eighteen year old kid with the glock twenty three to forty caliber with the extended magazine. See I keep bringing that up. I mention you was eighteen. Family attorneys said that the family was understandably disraw as they watched the video. The attorney statement goes on to say that after the meaning Rodney, Brian's father left in his own vehicle and had not been heard from until the news of the crash. In the statement, they say on behalf of Brian Hinton's family, we offer our heartfelt condolences to the family and college of the officer who was just killed yesterday. This is an umaginable tragedy for this community. Ryan Hinton's family is heartbroken by this tragic turn of events, and we're all devastated for the family and the officer who was killed. So Rodney, for his part, he's now in jail without bond, as I mentioned, charged with aggravated murder in the death of the deputy, and he's being held in the Claremont County jail. I guess for looking looking out for his own safety. I suppose it's understandable that the attorneys would put him there that Judge tyrone Yates County Municipal Court Judge tyrone Yates, who was presiding over the suspects arraignment last week, put in the Claremont County jail. This was an agreement made between the Hamilton County Sheriff's Office and Claremont County for what I described as the defendant safety. That's according to Judge Yates, they did not want to have any questions about him being held in Hamilton County as a matter of safety because the officer had been a Hamilton County deputy sheriff. It makes perfect sense. You see how many the sheriff's deputy showed up for that arraignment. Place was packed with sheriff deputies. Obviously one of their own was murdered, intentionally run over. By all accounts, that's a strong showing of force. And of course the Hamilton County Sheriff's office runs the jail, so one can understand there might be a little bit of concern expressed by the Hinton family on him being locked up there. Yates and the arrayment asked the sheriff's deputy if they have a safe environment in Claremont County of whether they'd returned to return Hinton to Hamilton County in May for his bond hearing, and the deputy responded yes to both questions. That w the Clairmont County deputy. Apparently the younger Hinton had no record eighteen year old Ryan Hinton no criminal history. Enquire looking it up found no records related to him. Rodney Hinton, No Dad Rodney Hinton Junior went to Purcell Marrion. According to his Facebook post, he pled guilty to assault and aggravated menacing in Middletown Municipal Court in twenty twenty three. He sentenced to one year of probation order to have no contact with the victims. It's all we know about his background, although he did share a post about a couple of officers involved killings, and he called for the rest of an officer who shot a Titania Jefferson, a twenty eight year old black woman in Texas, while responding to a call for a wellness check. I'm not sure what you can draw by overall conclusions on that, but we all know what happened. And again I'll point to and salute the Sheriff's deputies, the Cincinni Police Department, and other police officers out there. We're in the uniform every day for the benefit of our safety and the fact that they have to deal with armed eighteen year olds running amock and stolen vehicles every single day or sometimes even worse. It's a tough job. It's worthy of our respect, and I wish our public officials would do more to support the police or all the folks in uniform, shriff's deputy's police department, and do more to advance the interest of those organizations because they do protect us, they do serve us. They're a pillar of the criminal justice system. Laws need to be enforced. We need an arm to enforce those laws in the police. I know they quite often are showing up after the tragedy's hit, but someone to be held accountable, to be held up in front of society as an example of what will happen to you if you engage in criminal conduct. That's the point of having the sheriffs and the police out there. You remove that pillar, it falls apart. No one has any incentive follow the law. Five sixteen fifty five kr SE Detalk station, Feel free to call. I got plenty to talk about this morning until we get to State Representative Jennifer Gross Well actually Ken Coober on this issue at six point thirty, followed by State Representative Gross and Christopher Smithman at seven o'clock hour. I'll be right back after these brief words.
Speaker 4: Fifty five KRC try five.
Speaker 2: Twenty on a Monday, and a happy Monday too, All five on three seven fifty five eight hundred eight two to three talk. So'll forget fifty five KRSE dot com, your your podcast, get your books, all the information you need, plus your iHeart media apps you can stream all the iheard contact content wherever you happen to be live or podcast form. Speaking of law enforcement and our brave men and women in uniform who are working to enforce the law which hopefully leads to prosecutions if guilt beyond a reasonable doubt is established and the jail time is necessary, we have a place to put them. I know that's been a problem here in Havldon County for a while because the overcrowding in the lock up. I'm not quite sure the current situation, but apparently nationally we have a problem. I was kind of chuckling over this. Donald Trump's solution to the problem. We've been sending these illegal immigrant criminals to Guantanamo Bay as well as the El Salvadoran Seacot prison. El Salvador is willing to take a bunch of them, and I know that's through people the wrong way and there's ongoing litigation over that. But moving aside from whether it's appropriate or prudent to send them there need to send them someplace to have them blocked up because they are criminals. Donald Trump proposed yesterday he wants to reopen and rebuild Alcatraz Prison off San Francisco Coast, true social media posts last evening. For too long, America has been plagued by vicious, violent, repeat criminal offenders, the dregs of society who will never contribute anything other than misery and suffering. That's a bold statement when we are a more serious nation. In times past, we did not hesitate to lock up the most dangerous criminals and keep them far away from anyone they could harm. That's the way it's supposed to be. No longer will we tolerate these serial offenders who spread filth, bloodshed, and mayhem on our streets. We will no longer be held hostage to criminal thugs and judges that are afraid to do their job and allow us to remove criminals who came into our country illegally. The reopening of Alcatraz will serve as a symbol of law, order and justice.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I really don't think that's a practical solution for a variety of personally we I've read all kinds of accounts about Alcatraz and one of the reasons they shut it down because it was falling apart, high operational costs and infrastructure challenges. Reportedly what led to its closure in nineteen sixty three was not in operation between teen thirty four nineteen sixty three. Court of Bureau of Prisons. An estimated three million to five million was needed to restore and maintain the prison to keep it open. That was nineteen sixty three, and I think that's nineteen sixty three dollars a buck ain't what it used to be. And considering you look at that California rail project, they haven't even laid a single track and they've already blown through billions of dollars. Hey, Joe, if it cost two billion dollars to build a modern football stadium, how much you think it would cost to build a brand new prison out in the middle of the water tree fitty that's close enough. They'll be tree fitty billion, right anyway. Of course, it's been closed more than sixty years. It's now a National Historic Landmark and people tour it all the time. Apparently that's very popular. It's been in a lot of movies too. They get more than a million visitors around the world visiting Alcatraz every year a quarter of the Bureau of Prisons. Trump was pressed by the media on the proposal. It's just an idea I've had. It's long been a symbol Alcatraz. It's a sad symbol, but it's a symbol of law and order. Well yeah, but practically speaking, I can only imagine what the price tag on that would be to continue to rebuild. For what, you know, building anything on an island. You know, the transportation costs for all the materials, moving the workers out there and bringing them home every day. It's just a nightmare scenario. Good point, Joe, and the fact that it's California. I'm sure there's probably some environmental lawsuit filed to stop it at its tracks, among other lawsuits to be filed. Although there's an argument to be made that'd be some good union our work. Going back to how much it would cost to rebuild Alcatraz Island. Anyhow, I think Trump stepped at it the other day he said he didn't know whether he was duty bound to uphold the Constitution. This is going to inflame the left and provide further arguments that Donald Trump wants to be a fascist dictator. He was asked whether the non citizens are entitled to due process. The Fifth Amendment does require it before any person within the US territory maybe deprived of life, liberty of property. Quote, I don't know. I'm not a lawyer, he said, I don't know. On meet the protest over the weekend. While the Fifth Amendment might say that, Trump said compliance would require a million or two million, or three million trials. He said, I was elected to get them the hell out of here, and the courts are holding me from doing it. Well, therein lies the challenge. He's right, we're talking millions of trials. But if they are in fact entitled to do process, that's what you got to go through. I mean, it's a challenge. And if the courts ordered Trump to go through that process, the host asks, don't you need to uphold the Constitution of the United States as president? His response, I don't know, And that puts you in a tricky position when you've already sworn to uphold the constitution. He fell back with I have to respond by saying, again, I have brilliant lawyers that work for me, and they are going to obviously follow what the Supreme Court said, so a little bit of a backpedaling on that, but you know the SoundBite is, I don't know. So you know, like you got guy like Richard Blomouth thought, big Democrat senator out of Connecticut, President who doubts his most fundamental duty, his sworn oath to the Constitution is unfit for office, defiance the laws becoming this administration's hallmark, threatening irreparable damage. And there you can see the beginning of the next wave of sound bites criticizing Donald Trump for uh well found upholled his oath of office. I don't think it's all played out yet, though, but he may have gotten ahead of himself on that one. I think he more definitively said guess I swore to pull the Constitution and I will, and then the lawyers and the court system will ultimately determine what the Constitution requires. Five twenty six fifty five KERCD talk station got more local stories to dive on into. You feel free to call though, I'd like that if you did, but we can muddle through even without. Got a stack of stupid coming up, of course, following the local stories. I'll be right back.
Speaker 6: This is fifty five karc an iHeartRadio station, say Go d.
Speaker 2: Mile Jan and I first one to weather forecasts. We got mostly cloudy day to day, spotty afternoon showers of storms set fifty seven for the high, isolated showers possible overnight, forty six.
Speaker 7: For the low.
Speaker 2: Mostly cloudy with isolated shower smart high A sixty five, continuing the theme, mostly cloudy over night, slight chance of showers in the low forty nine. Wednesday, ah the driest day of the week, seventy five for the high with mostly cloudy skies fifty degrees right now fifty five KERSD Talk Stations five thirty and a happy Monday. Always welcome phone calls, which we're going to take right now. Five one, three, two three Talk Tom, Welcome to the fifty five Catasy Morning Show.
Speaker 8: Hey, good morning. I think today is my first day back to a slightly more humane time of day, so uh yeah, hopefully this, hopefully this continues for for a while.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mister calls when you were on a different schedule, you know, got really used to hearing from you at this time, and I always appreciate the conversation, so and the message.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well, and I'm actually I'm still at the same job. I just am able to switch back to a to start at six instead of five. So I did want to first give a shout out. I've been working with an electrician who who interestingly enough, his last day on the job was Saturday, but he's a regular listener. His name is Andy, So shout out to Andy.
Speaker 2: Andy, thank you for listening.
Speaker 8: Andy, And I am as we speak, I am driving through that intersection where that SHARE's deputy was last Friday. So uh yeah, not a good uh, not a good story. I don't have enough information on that, so I'm not gonna really comment on that right now. But uh, I did want to talk about real quick a topic that I call, uh well, I call it something else, but it's give a crap and and what what do you give a crap about? Is very important what your priorities are in your life, and from something as simple as, uh, you know, how do you leave the bathroom when you walk away from it? You know, do you give a crap?
Speaker 9: Do you care? What you know?
Speaker 8: What you leave behind you when you do whatever, when you work, when you wait, when you you know, when you leave the kitchen in the morning, or what I mean, just simple stuff shows what you give a crap about. And then you go all the way up to uh, you know, we talked to politics. One of these politicians give a crap about. And of course when you're talking about the Democrat Party, you think about the things that they give a crap about, think about the things that matter to them. It matters to them whether or not women can have the right to kill babies. It matters to them whether or not men could play in women's sports. It matters to them whether or not someone who is in this country illegally should be allowed to stay. These are the things that matter to them. These are the things that they give a crap about. And if you notice people from you know, politicians and all the way down to some of us unwashed masses, what we give a crap about affects everybody else around us. And the Democrat Party is affecting us in very terrible ways. And they are They have been slowly but surely destroying this country, at least trying to, and especially if it's picked up speed over the last oh, i don't know, ten twelve years of them affecting us with all their all their garbage and everything like that, and all the news stories pretty much say it. But it all comes down.
Speaker 10: To give a crap.
Speaker 8: What do you give a crap about? The Democrats clearly do not give a crap about the best interest of the citizens of this country. So as always I have to say, don't vote Democrat. Have a great day, Ryan.
Speaker 2: You too. Tom interestingly stated, but I think he made some valuable points on that election day Tomorrow issue too, we'll be talking about that company of State Representative Jennifer Gross. Poles are open for early in post inverting already what may six poles open at six thirty am and close at seven thirty pm. They'll be tomorrow. What's on the ballot other than an issue too? Princeton's City School Board, District School District Board of Elections. They have a proposed levey six point six y' one mill It's on the ballot. It's going to generate twelve point eight million annually. How much is it going to cost the homeowner? Two hundred and thirty one dollars for each one hundred thousand dollars the county auditors appraised home value for a period of ten years. The board claims that the current revenue sources, including existing tax levies and funds from state and federal governments will be insufficient to maintain the district's operation without additional funding, so that particular issue will be on weal. Of course, the areas where Princeton City Schools operates pretty much all over the place, portions of the Hamilton, Butler, Warren Counties. Other school Levey issues to think about Mount Healthy School Levey, Edgewood School Levey, Madison School Levey, Clinton, Massy Local Schools Levey, and the Franklin School Levey. Bring a valid photo ID which could be on a Hio driver's license, Ohio State ID Card, Interim ID form issue by the Ohio BMV, US Passport, US Passport card, US Military ID card, Ohio National Guard ID card, or US Department of Veteran Fairs ID card. Photo IDs have to have an expiration eight that has not passed. It has to have a photograph of the voter shocking and the voter's name which must be substantially which must substantially conformed to the name as it appears on the poll list or in the poll book. You have been forewarned one more here since a police performed and says a man was stabbed in the neck three times near Madonna's Bar and Grill. Called the corner seventh and Vine, seven O eight pm for a call. This was believe Saturday night victim asmidity. A man is late thirty stabbed in the next three times sent in the You've see medical center, police says in critical conditions. Officers believe they may have started as an argument in the nearby Madonna's Bar and Grill. Suspect fled but was later tased and taken into custody. No further danger to the public post. Thank you Joe Strekker. Valuable sound bite and valuable information use as directed seven or five thirty five, stick around, got stack as to be coming up or alternatively more phone calls. Love to hear from you, be right back.
Speaker 6: This is fifty five krc an iHeartRadio station five.
Speaker 2: Thirty nine, fifty five KERCD talk station. Yes, wes Claremont School, Levey also on the ballot. Heard from two people on that one. I didn't do the reporting. I just didn't commit the entire list of school levies to memory. They think that was a Hamilton County centric focus for the reporting locally. But yes, wes Claremont School levee, and according to my good friend Mike, they've soaked us enough two exclamation points after that total mismanagement of funds in my humble opinion. So there you go. We know Mike is a no vote. Actually, I've had quite a few listeners call me up about that particular levee and they all express strong opposition to that particular levee. Oh to feel free to call. Maybe you got a comment on that one five, one, three, seven, nine, fifty eight to two three talk. I'm a firm no on issue too as well, So I'm on record. Let's see here smoking gun reporting on this one. Love that site. Tale of two identities. Vincent Conroy fifty six, allegedly drunk walking around a Florida parking lot wearing only a T shirt with no pants with his private parts on public display. Conroy spotted with two wine bottles and a cannabier. What a con When confronted by police and asked to identify himself, he said the suspect provided the name Charles Dickens. Later discovered his name was Vincent Conroy. In addition to the open container and exposure to sexual organs counts, Conroy charged with providing a false name to law enforcement. After a day locked up in the local blake house, Conrie from Blee Gusk freed on his own recognizance by County Judge Charles dickens Hey Judge Silverstein working a couple of extra jurisdictions there. Joe nursing student Texas, just days away from graduating, stabbed to death by her roommate after an argument over their cats. Chester Lamont Grant forty facing murder chargers in the April twenty sixth death of twenty three year old UK native to Millery o'duncie in Houston. Cop showed up shortly after four pm to an apartment of the city southwest side for a welfare check. Knocked on the door, got no answer, walked around the back of the apartment, where they found blood on the concrete patio. Cops said of the apartment and found o'duncie in the kitchen suffering from numerous stab wounds. Officers discovered Grant in the bedroom with at least one stab wound. Victim pronounced dead. Grant taken to the Hospital of Critical Injuries. Houston police told local CBS affiliate KHOU that the two had been roommates for a couple of months, were in a fight over their cats. Argument escalated. Grant allegedly stab o'duncie before taking his poor for trying to take his own life. Please took Granted the Harris County jail Saturday, held on a five hundred thousand dollars bond. Theoduncee family started GoFundMe page. She was set to graduate from nursing school just a few days before her murder, family said, referring to the death as an unimaginable loss sound advice on that Joe, just I saw this, sor I saw this one. This one made national news and appearing to the smoking gun again just days after claiming a one hundred and sixty seven point three million dollar powerball jackpot. Kentucky man now behind bar, charged with kicking a cop in the face during a fight at an ocean front hotel in Florida. Do what the hell court records reflect. James Farthing, a fifty year old ex convict, rested on feloningy and midemeanor ture in connection with the fracas at the Trade Winds Resort in Saint Pete Peach. Farthing at the resort with Jacqueline fight Master. Interesting connection there, that's his forty two year old girlfriend who was with him when he accepted the one and sixty seven point three million dollar power ball win. Farthing, who won the April twenty six powerball drawing, bought the winning ticket at Clark's Pumpin' Shop in Georgetown Phrasing, just north of Lexington. Tuesday evening and day after posting with the oversized jackpot winner, Farthing punched a male victim in the face during an argument at the Trade Winds Courting Police. Subsequent to that alleged battery, the Sheriff's deputy sought to break it up. Break up rather and in progress fight between Farthing and another patron well interceding in the brawl, Deputy Nicholas Area of Statico reported being kicked in the face by Farthing. Body camera footage, the officer noted he observed the defendant winding up his right leg and kicking your affian in the face in an attempt to injure and or incapacitate myself and arrest affidavia. The officer said he the kick caused him pain in my face and resulted in swelling and redness under his right eye after being kicked, Deputy ordered Farthing to turn around and place his hands behind his back quote. The defendant refused to do so and attempted to flee on foot out of the hotel. Simultaneously, the girlfriend fight Master actively engaging in an argument involving another other guests, and her boyfriend was trying to well with trying to fight fight the other patrons at the bar. Court of the rest report arrested for causing disturbance. Fight Master appeared very intoxicated and was yelling and screaming and making incoherent.
Speaker 7: Statements as tradition.
Speaker 2: She was booked into the county jail for battery on a law enforcement officer felony and two misdemeanor counts. Bond set of ten thousand dollars on the felloning rapp far The remains behind bars due to Kentucky parole violator warrant. Kentucky Department Crashings issued the warrant response to his new arrest and the fact that he left the state without permission from his parole officer. Idiots doing idiot things because they're idiots, Amen, brother MANI you can't just sit back and say, you know what, I got one hundred and sixty seven point three million dollars. I'm going to kick back and enjoy the balance of my life. I'm fifty years old. I think I can make that money last for the balance of my lifetime. It's time for me to hang up my fight gloves and just sort of kickback and live in the moment. But no, thank you, Joe, I might want to put the bottle down too while you're at it. For over eight years, QC Kinetics has been the nation's leader in non surgical relief for joint pain, paining over fifty thousand satisfied patients nationwide over that short period of time. Those patients now living pain free free of the shoulder, hip shoulder pain, the hip pain. Since he's medical director here for QC Kinetics, doctor Aaron Wolkoff and his team, well, what they're doing is absolutely amazing in office procedures using regenitive cell therapy to restore the tissue in your achy joints. These are biologic growth factors from your own body. They have robust healing properties, and they're carefully and strategically placed right in that and achy painful joint. So with QC Kinetics, there are no drugs. There is no surgery, there is no downtime. That's the thing about surgery. You get all that rehab and that pt to go through. This is an all natural cellar level level option with lasting relief, so with great patient satisfaction reports. How about taking QC Kinetics on its free consultation to find out if these can maybe work for you cutting edge treatments. Find out about them. Call QC Kinetics a schedule D free consultation. There's that word again. Five one three, eight, four seven zero zero one nine five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine one more time. Five one three, eight, four seven zero zero one nine.
Speaker 4: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: Now, don't get suckered into one fifty five KRC. Detalk station SACA stupid well, this was embarrassing. President and Director of the Art Institute of Chicago, James Rondo, allegedly disrobed in the middle of a flight from Chicago to Germany. Why are you doing that? Let's find out together, shall we. Unnamed sources confirmed that Rondo, who has led the museum for nearly a decade, allegedly this is in quotes, drank alcohol and took prescription medication, then removed his clothing. While a United Airlines flight nine P fifty three, again going from Chicago to Munich, is having back in the middle of April, police are called to the flight after Atlanta to Munich. Courted reports from the New York Times on that one. Art Institute of Chicago confirmed the report, saying that Rondo has returned to Chicago, currently on voluntary leave from his position. Quote. The Art Institute takes this very seriously and has open an independent investigation to the incident. Together all the available information. Art Institute readership is meeting to determine the next steps.
Speaker 1: You moron.
Speaker 2: He was appoint of the museum's director in twenty sixteen, been in the Art Institute since nineteen eighty eight, first joining as an associate curator of Contemporary Art. Vanity Fair reached out United Airlines and didn't get a respond for a comment. You think Jay Ratliff will bring that one up. Clayton County Jail, Jonesboro, Georgia, went to lockdown after officers could not find a missing inmate convicted of murder, only for cops to discover that they had left him at the courthouse holding cell overnight for about twelve hours, Julian Brooks Deloche missing from the county jail, where he was on loan from the state prison due to a recent misdemeanor. Deloche, convicted of murder in nineteen eighty four, granted pearl in twenty ten. Cl Sheriff lebon Allen, speaking of local news, the jail went on lockdown as officers search for him, but the next morning they realized he'd accidentally been left in the holding cell at the courthouse, which is attached to the jail. Holding cell located in the secure area, but they're not intended to hold people overnight. No beds in those cells, only benches, sinks and toilets, also unsupervised after court hours, so no one was there after six pm. Farri fallons they searched every cell in every area of the jail, searching for a month. Ultimately by the time we reviewed cameras and backtrack and took us back to the courtroom where he was at Ultimately, of course, hours had passed. Discovered around seven am the following morning me he had been in the holding cell for twelve to thirteen hours. As a consequence, sheriff said he's thinking about two correctional sergeants being demoted and two deputies assigned to the Court division being suspended.
Speaker 3: Screws fall out all the time. The world's in imperfect place.
Speaker 2: That's embarrassing Go to Dairy, Delaware. Over the past couple of weeks, Dairy officials have been forced to forced five spa mage massage parlors to close their doors licensing concerns and misleading advertising. Town council issues cease and assist orders shortly after the business has applied for the license renewals in the town, which led to further investigation to the business operations. Many times a single practitioner's licensed there and we discovered that there were multiple individuals advertised or operating at the facility, one of the problems with the licensure issues. Additionally, Ying Qui failed to disclose a felony prostitution conviction in twenty twenty two hunder state application for a license. Darius not alerted to the conviction until she attempted to renew her license and marks one of those kind of massage parlors eh see here. Quarter Officials Town of Dairy in ordinance back in twenty twenty three to regulate massage parlors and other associated businesses. This was a new process which required the owners and ropractitioners to obtain a license from the Town of Dry and embedded within that they had to show proof of valid state license as a massage therapist. Apparently didn't do that, quarter to one official for whatever reason at the state level, either staffing or otherwise. I'm not sure, but if you go to the state website, there's no record of what happened in Delaware. The fact that an investigation was done at the state level, that's a very difficult pill for us to swallow. Phrasing say, I read that line just for you, Joe. Anyway, not much on that one, but it does conclude today's status. Tuka Cinco de Mayo stack is stupid, which is interesting. Apparently they don't even really celebrate it in Mexico. It celebrates Mexico's victory over the French army at the Battle of Puebla May fifth, eighteen sixty two. Popular here in the United States, particularly among Mexican American communities. Not a national holiday in Mexico, primarily celebrated only in the city of Puebla, gets a lot of attention here, though, is this cultural appropriation sticker. It is an excuse to drake, which is probably why we adopted it as a holiday. Joe ken Cober, or FLP President, on the recent murder of the sheriff's deputy and what led up to that. We'll get his thoughts and comments at six point thirty. Got some time to talk between now and then, feel free to call. I'll be right back after the news.
Speaker 4: News happens fast, stay up to date.
Speaker 1: At the top of the hour, not going.
Speaker 7: To be complicated. It's going to go very fast.
Speaker 1: Fifty five krs. The talk station all about the pre set.
Speaker 2: Six or six if you buy a PRC the talk station. Hope you're having a decent Monday. I certainly hope you had a wonderful weekend. Bottom of the hour, Ken Cober, he'll be talking about the murder of Deputy Larry Henderson. I guess you have to say a ledge murder. Although with all the witnesses that witnessed, then Hinton Jr. Target him and hit him full speed or at a high rate of speed in his automobile. Of course, Rodney Hinton Junior arrested being in the He's in the Claremont County Lockup rather than the Hamilton County Lockup because of reasons for his safety and concerns by the judge that I don't know you might have with an Epstein situation. Since the Hamilton County Sheriffs run the Hamilton County Lockup, I can appreciate why they might have wanted him moved, although I imagine there's sort of a fraternal bond between the Claremont County Sheriff's deputies and the Hamilton County Sheriff's deputy, so well remains to be seen what happens anyway. Rodney obviously upset about the shooting of his son Ryan, who was carrying a glock twenty three to forty caliber with an extended magazine. I brought up again and again and again because he's only eighteen years old and had he not been brandishing the weapon, he would still be with us today. I hate to hear about officer involves shootings. Obviously you have a concern that you know certain element of the population will end up rioting in the streets, whether or not it was appropriate action by the police officer or not. I wish the video was a little more clear if you watch it it's not as clear that the gun was pointed directly at the officer as the officers suggests happened. So we're left to draw our own conclusions. But well, hear what kan Kover has to say the bottom of the r fast forward one hour. State Representative Jennifer Gross on why you should vote no on issue too. I've been telling people to vote no. I call it a slush fund, but it's a constitutional amendment. And ask yourself since all this is for infrastructure projects, you know, they point out and all the pro issue too, folks, all your roads or roads are falling apart. Well, where in the hell's the gasoline tax money been going? How come municipalities haven't been taking a stock in their own roads and you know, taking care of them, City of Cincinnati, That's what tax dollars are for, first and foremost, take care of the infrastructure you've all he got before we start building more stuff and things. This is just an ever growing fund. Bonds will be issued and interest will be paid upon them. So I'm not in favor of it. We'll hear the reasons Jennifer's against it. At seven oh five, Christopher Smithman, I have a feeling he may mention the death of Deputy Larry Henderson, and he probably will mention Ryan Hinton, the eighteen year old walking around with the clock twenty three to forty calib with an extended magazine Monday. Monday, Brian James eight oh five. Consumer confidence low, jobless claims are up, young workers reporting burnout and living paycheck to paycheck and starter homes beginning at one million dollars. Geez, clemen doom. The last couple of weeks with Brian James anyway cares Maybe with this cincinnt VA, we have little we We're kind of up in the air on whether that's going to take place anyway. I mentioned in the last hour, I thought Donald Trump shouldn't have gone there. But when he was asked about whether he would uphold the the Constitution, listen to what the judges are saying particular situation, whether the Fifth Amendment requires before any person within the United States may be deprived of life, liberty, or property. I don't know, he said, I'm not I'm not a lawyer. I don't know. Talking with Kristen Welker on NBC News Meet the Press, and he points out while the Fifth Amendment might say that due process compliance will require a million or two million, or three million trials, which again there's the problem we've got. But the Constitution says what it says. Courts are in the position to interpret what it means, and ultimately the Supreme Court will have a say on this. But the way my understanding reads, and the way the law is currently being applied, you got to give them due process. Now with that, you know, it's a slow process, it's expensive, it's time consuming. Millions of court cases must be their hearings must be held. You know, the the we all demand an instant gratification, and sometimes, you know, we sacrifice our confidence constitution for political expedients, something judgment Politana and I talk about all the time. In the context of waging war. We just willing nearly launched missile strikes and rockets and engage in authorization for use of military force, and that would allow us to go into combat what Afghanistan was for but ten years with no declaration of war. It turns a constitution on top of the head. Now, listeners know, I am no fan of Alexandrio Casio Cortez at all. I stand for almost anything that comes out of her mouth, although I got to defend her on this one. Now she dared Tom Holm and the Borders are to get her arrested for what she claimed was providing legal advice she was giving immigrants on how to avoid being deported. Holman said he had already referred her antics to the US Department of Justice. The dare from Alexander Casio Cortes came at a pack town hall in Queen's after Homan previously suggested that her hosting of a know Your Rights webinar this was back in February that it impedes Immigrations and custom Enforcement from carrying out Trump administration's deportation of illegal aliens. Tom Humman said he was going to refer me to the DOJ because I'm using my free speech rights in order to advise people of their constitutional protections. To that, I say, come for me. Do I look like I care? Said? There was nothing illegal about it, and if they want to make it illegal, they can come and take me. Now. For the webinar that's being referred to here, recommended illegal aliens ask for warrants and deploy cell phones to record ICE searches also provided tips on how to differentiate between different warrants and authorities that are likely the authorities are likely to carry. Homan, for his part, thinks that she ventured into illegal territory with providing that advice. So he said, I'm working back and I guess recently said talking to Fox and he said, I'm working with the Department of Justice and finding out where is that line they cross? So maybe AOC is going to be in trouble now. Now I have to defend what she was doing. And going back to Tom's point in the last hour, what do you care about when you're evaluating your politicians? What do they care about? And Tom made some excellent contrast. Do they care about the US citizen defending our rights and our freedoms and our interests, or do they care about something else like a wide open border that is jeopardizing US I mean for safety reasons, but from a financial standpoint, it's putting a tremendous burden on our limited resources. So what does Alexander of Casio care to Cortes care about? So this is why we have free speech. She's providing information that is I suppose truthful on some level. You can record with your cell phone. Hell that's like a default mechanism for most people these days, and pull their cell phone up before they do anything to even protect their own best interest. She's allowed to tell illegal immigrants that they should ask for a warrant. She's allowed to provide them information about how to differentiate between what type of official is there with the warrant. That's all information that's on the books. That's all information that the illegal immigrants went out into the world. They would be able to find if they went to an attorney to talk about them in advance. What happens, attorney, if the Immigrations and Customs officials show up? What should I do? An attorney could provide this advice. So you're on shaky ground when you attack people for freedom of speech. I mean, remember the anarchist cookbook written back in the early nineteen seventies, around nineteen seventy had bomb making information in it. I mean even the FBI evaluated that and said, well, you know, there's nothing we can do about it. Yeah, the guys at left wing radical loan, but this is information that free speech rights protects.
Speaker 11: Now.
Speaker 2: But when you move over to this main teacher along the same lines, and then either there's a line at which you can't cross, and what differentiates when you know, it's like you can't say fire in a crowded theater. That's always been the default thing to show the limitations of free speech. Well, that's really subject to an independent analysis in and of itself. If there's an opportunity to inject other speech, speech that might lessen the enraging circumstances, you know, calls for immediate violence. If there's an opportunity for more speech to be interjected into the discussion, then you have the free speech right to sort of incite violence. That's that Brandenburg case we've talked about all the time from here in Hamlin County where that was the clan members of the Nazis were encouraging the extermination of black people. Horrific, Yes, protected, Yeah, we turned the main when you're post, reported Waterville's senior high school English teacher, here's an argument for free school choice. Joanna Saint Germain went on Facebook last week demanding the Secret Service coordinate and kill every single one of Trump's fans along with the president. Quote, the Secret Service has the perfect opportunity if they choose to step up and take it. You are the ones with the power coordinate take out every single person who supports Trump's illegal, immoral, unconstitutional acts. So here she's making a statement to the Secret Service. If they're right next to the president, their arms, so they should kill him. Outrageous, Yes, should be she be fired, yes, But as of this week, she's not been fired yet. She claims she was not talking about assassinating a president. That's a person duly elected by the American people. She wrote, quote, if you step up, we can avoid a civil war. I'm not talking about assassinating a president. A president, he's a d person duly elected by the American people. Trump has shamelessly bragged openly about stealing the election. I told you she's unhinged. He's making plans to give himself a third term. No, that point was negated by the President over the weekend. I'm talking about Americans recognizing a fascist dictatorship and standing against it. If I had this skill set required, I would take them out myself. So that includes many of my listeners in a listening audience who are big Trump fans. And she knows that she may get in trouble. She posted this, I knowing I'd likely lose my job and benefits. I'm not backtracking a single thing. I believe Trump and every sycophant he has surrounded himself with needs to die. This is a person who has a tremendous amount of control over your children, at least while they're in her classroom at Waterville Public Schools, where the superintendent said they are looking into it, but they have not fired her yet. Well, I suppose she's got the free speech right to say something like this that is running well, really close to the margins though. Plum type plumbing. Get in touch with plumb type plumbing, which is always plumbing done right to all the rain we've been having lately. Sewer lines may be backed up. You may have a problem with h drain clogs and backed up drains of things. If you have multiple backed up drains, that is a sign you may need your sewer line repair to replace. And you know plump type plumbing, trenchless sewer line repair, it's amazing. They just fix the whole thing front to end with digging up your yard. So if you have multiple clog drains, maybe some foul odors, patches of abundant growth in your lawn, well that's an indication you may have a problem on your hands. But for all residential plumbing, it's plumbing done right because you deserve better. They know it's great customer service. The price is always right. Enjoy an a plus with a better business bureau. So some pump gone out plumb type plumbing, there's another thing that the rain may have impacted. All right, give me a call five one three seven two seven eighty four eighty three. That's seven two seven t E online plumb tight dot com fifty five KRC.
Speaker 10: Andy, Andy.
Speaker 4: How does it feel to.
Speaker 12: Win the sun?
Speaker 2: By here you go? Channel nine first oneing Wether forecasts a string of overcast days with isolated showers, which is what we get today. Afternoon evening showers and storms are possible fifty seven for the high Overnight isolated showers possible forty six. Sixty five to high Tomorrow with yes isolated showers and cloudy skys. Of course cloudy overnight as well slight chance of showers forty nine Wednesday, mostly cloudy, butt dry seventy five for the high Land. Right now fifty degrees In time for a traffic updates from the UC Uptram Things Center. When it comes to stroke every second count.
Speaker 13: So that's why you see help us and the clear joys from rapids Live saving treatment. Learn more and you see how thought Highway trampick in pretty good shape this morning. No accidents to deal with. I am beginning to see just a few break liights sethbound two seventy five approaching the Carrol Cropper Bridge thanks to the ongoing roadwork. Chuck Ingram on fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 2: Six twenty two fifty five kr CD talk station if you're having a decent Monday, FFP President Ken Cobra up next to discussion that deputy he was intentionally killed in a crash. What a sad, sad state of affairs? And uh let us see here three seven fifty eight hundred two three talk Contact fifty on eight and T phones. You're right, Eric, Eric made an interesting observation. Was talking about that unhinged teacher who's calling for the murder of a lot of my listening audience, as well as Donald Trump egging the Secret Service on to assassinate the President, even though she said that she didn't necessarily want the president assassinated because he was duly elected. I mean, the woman obviously is emotionally disturbed. Call it Trump derangements syndrome, if you will, but that people carry these views. You know, there's not a single leftist out there, including the aforementioned Alexander Ocasio Cortes, that I would ever, ever, ever call to be murdered. I mean, you're entitled to your own viewpoints as part of my libertarian philosophy, you know, have them and speak out loud upon them. Which is the point that I'm making about alex aoc Listen to what she said, listen to what she's advocating for, and make an informed decision before you reelect her. She wasn't on record with these types of opinions when she got elected, originally after being a bartender. But Eric makes a good point. If she had said that about Obama, his point, she'd be in custody right now. And I you know, in my response to him, Yeah, even though I'll argue the speech is protected. And whoever said this about Obama? If there was a circumstances where this happened, that person gets arrested, what would they have to do? Lawyer up incur massive defense costs being represented in a proceeding that shouldn't take place. Because we have the First Amendment and ultimately the case being thrown out or her person her in this case, being found not guilty because we have a First Amendment in the speech is protected. But they would go through the exercise and they use that in order to chill speech in the world. Look what's going to happen to you if you say something like this, You're gonna get arrested, You're gonna have to go through the process, and it doesn't matter that you're ultimately found not guilty. Who wants to go through that headache in hassle? And I know how much lawyers cost, and it's a hell of a lot of money to get a defense lawyer to take you through this process. Can you afford it? So you can hang your First Amendment out there all day long and ultimately you will be defended by it, but it can be extremely costly. It's always a question of whose ox is being gored here. That's why I'm not I'm thinking Tom Homans shouldn't go down the road that the leftists go down and try to get the Department of Justice to prosecute this loon Alexandrio Casio Cortes or providing information to illegal immigrants on what they're on the on the book's rights happen to be, or at least her interpretation of them. Six fifty five Kirstee Talk Station, Ken Kober FLP President coming up next after Colin Electric, Great Electricians, Color Electric, Andrew Cullen is fantastic team, great customer service. You're gonna get. You're gonna get a ten year wiring warranty on any work they perform at your home, and this is residential electric work. They pride themselves on their honest reputation. I love the work that they've done for me, and I'm certain you'll love the work that they'll do for you because the customer service is great and the price is always right and you get that warranty. It's one of the reasons they enjoy a plus with a better business bureau. So for all residential electric projects, from the biggest of the smallest, and anything in between, get in touch with them at five one three two two seven. That's five one three two two seven four one one two Learn more online. It's Cullen c U L E. N. Cullen Electriccincinnati dot Com fifty five KRC Waking up on the Rod caresee the talk station. Brun Time is always pleased to welcome to the fifty five KRC Morning Show, and I wish we had a uh a lust depressing moment at a topic to talk about with FOP President Ken Kober. Ken, welcome to the morning show. It's good to have you on.
Speaker 5: Hey, good morning, Brian, thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: Uh somber just heart wrenching reality that this Rodney Hinton junior guy, the father of the eighteen year old who was carrying out glock twenty three forty calib with an extended magazine, lost his life and at police shoot out, Deputy Larry Henderson was intentionally targeted apparently by this Rodney Hinton junior guy. You're your reaction, Ken, I know this has got to be emotional, and I just how does it hit you as a police officer and an FOP resident or representative.
Speaker 5: It's like a terrible nightmare that that just won't go away. I mean, it's been on the heart of all the law enforcement officers, you know, as we deal with you know what's going on. You have talked to many deputies that are friends of mine, and it's just it's a terrible situation.
Speaker 2: Terrible understatement, and I know that's how you got a phrase that Deputy Larry Henderson had nothing at all to do with the hint and shooting Diddy.
Speaker 5: No nothing, you know, Deputy the just retired a couple of months ago that it was decided to continue to serve the community as a special deputy. And it's literally just, uh, you know, running a traffic light for UC's graduation had nothing to do with this whole situation.
Speaker 2: And the the it was the Cincin Police Department who were involved in the investigation that's still in vehicle, which ultimately led to Ryan Hinton's death. Correct, Yeah, that's right. So he killed a sheriff's deputy, so not even the same uniform as the organization that was involved in his son's death.
Speaker 5: Right now. I mean, this is just pure evil that wanted to target a police officer because his eighteen year old son decided to make some terrible decisions that cost him his life. You forced the police officer to take his life, and because of that, he decided that the retribution was to find the first cop that he had the opportunity to kill. It's just it's pure evil, is all it is.
Speaker 2: It is and with all the witnesses and evidence, there's not a question in my mind he's going to be found guilty. But turning back to the shooting, who did And I know you had commented before the video was released that the video was going to, you know, provide pretty clear information that it was a justifiable shooting, and I know Police Chief three Teresa Thiji says it was justified. I was a little disappointed that it wasn't more evident that the gun was pointed at the officer. Are we missing some details on that the shooting incident?
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, here's the bottom line. You have these body cameras that and I went to recently to a class that talks about body cameras and what their capabilities are. That lens in these body cameras and these acts on body cameras. The lens cost a total of eight cents. So it's really no surprise when you talk about, you know, somebody that's wearing a camera that is running as well as a suspect that's running, that it's not going to capture everything. It's not a surprise. It was blurry at some point in society. You know, we've got to get back to we're going to believe what a police officer says, an officer that is sworn to take an oath that is is the epitome of integrity. We've got to start believing that if this officer says this just because it's not captured because the video is blurry, when are we to decide that we're gonna believe what a police officer says instead of saying, well, if it's not on camera, if it's not so clear on this camera what happened, then we're not going to believe it. It's true. That's what we have to get back to in society.
Speaker 2: Well, and the other component is people fail to put themselves in the position of a police officer. And that officer was aware because if I got the details right, and you can correct me if I'm wrong, because I don't want to get up and get bad information out there. Ken, But the radio was on and going back and forth among the officers. He was told in advance the kid had a firearm on him. Correct, So he's gonna you can go ahead. Sorry, no, I'm just kidding. So he's on alert the kid. The kid's got a gun. For God's sake, my life is in peril, and the community's life is in peril. My other officer's lives may be in peril. So you got a heightened sense of awareness and adrenaline flowing and concern that coming around that dumpster is a kid with a gun.
Speaker 5: You can hear that on the body camera. You can hear the other officer yelling he's got a gun. He's got a gun. He's got a gun. He's on your right, so that that can all be heard on the audio. And this police officer is simply trying to protect the community. There's no question as to whether this guy had a gun. Oh, the only question is and there's no question that he was armed. There's no question he ran with a gun. The question is, well, it doesn't show on the video specifically that that he pointed it at him. But when you watch the video, if you slow it down, you can see you know where the officer or where the suspect is, what he's doing, and in fact, he was shot in the chest. Now, I don't know in what world people live, but if you shoot someone in the chest, it's hard to say that they were running away from you.
Speaker 2: That's that's the reality.
Speaker 5: He was shot twice once in the chest. The second time was in his arm that went through his chest.
Speaker 2: And I said, the other component is in that situation, he's brandishing a firearm and I mean it only takes us a moment's time for that firearm and the appointing directly a police officer and in your in. Again, it's a situational awareness kind of thing. I mean, you have to be in a position to be able to defend and protect yourself. And if you're that far away from it's not like you pull a taser out and tase the guy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, there's nothing that says, you know, when a police officer use deadly force that they have to you know, they have to have you know, been shot at or anything like that. All it says, constitution says, and what our rules, if you will, of engagement say is that you have to believe that your life or the life of another is in danger. That's exactly what that officer did. It's an officer has a lot of experience. That's a fantastic police officer that in that time he thought that his life was in danger and he did exactly what he should have done. And instead of you know, these community members that are all up in arms about this. Instead of them going did this offs act reasonable? Which is absolutely true, the blame should be put on this eighteen year old kid that's running from a stolen car with a gun that decided to make a decision that forced this officer to take his life. That's where the blame is, not on this police officer who is protecting his.
Speaker 2: Community eminent apprehension of grievous bodily harm or death right. I mean, if you reasonably believe that your life is in danger, then you're a title to use deadly force.
Speaker 5: That's the law. Yeah, it's pretty simple. That is what the law says. And that's exactly what he did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, any any understanding about where this firearm came. I mean, he's an eighteen year old kid carry a clock twenty three with an extended mag and I guess I can understand parents being upset about their their son being killed, But the idea that you would go and kill an unrelated sheriff's deputy over this just is kind of mind boggling when you have to look at the circumstances. Your kid was running around with a firearm and wasn't even lawfully entitled to carry one, and I suspect the thing was probably stolen. Anyway, I'll hold your comment and thought on that, Ken, because we're out of time in this segment, I want to bring you back for a few more words from Ken Cover FOP President on this absolute tragedy. Six thirty seven right now fifty five k CEV talk station recommendation for you to get to well seven zero eight three thousand dot com. Why that's where you find the best team of real estate agents in the Tri State. That's Peter Schubura, Kellerwilliams seven Hills, outstanding of what they do. And I always like to emphasize providing true value. You need a buyer's agent or seller's agent. You want to get a return, and they provide a great return what we call a five star experience with programs that nobody else is offering, including let me emphasize this one concerning the subject matter of our conversation going on the Patriot Home program developed by veterans to help patriots buy and sell their homes veterans, folks at the VA, the police Department, fire sheriff's deputies, EMS. You get ten percent of the commission back it's a rebate at closing just for well serving the community, and I think that's a great thing. The Shibri Group is doing just one of many programs they have. I was recommend you check out the website seven zero eight three thousand dot com learn about the programs and about what the team can do for you. The best in the business and the only ones I would consider contacting if I was going to buy or sell a home. Five one three seven zero eight three thousand.
Speaker 6: This is fifty five karc an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 4: What if you had an extra thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: You'd be free to do it.
Speaker 2: Times with FOP President Ken Kober talking about the officer involved shooting with Ryan Hinton which led to his father murdering Deputy Larry Henderson, who had no connection with the officer involved shooting. High tension situations, stolen vehicle. Ryan Hinton, the late one of four kids in the stolen vehicle, ran from police officers. Ryan of course had the firearm in his hand. As we know, Budyo camera footag our body video from the Sheriff's deputies proved that that was indeed the case, and as kenn has pointed out, you know, you don't have to have the gun directly aim with the melon of the police officer. If you have an eminent apper, a reasonable eminent apprehension of reasonable bodily harm or grievous bodily harm, you're allowed to use deadly force. It's the law. And of course Ken defends the officers shooting. So Ryan Hinton's dead. How in the hell is it that an eighteen year old was carrying around a glock? And you face this kind of thing each and every day in the police department, don't you, Ken?
Speaker 5: Sure, yeah, And that's something that's that's still being investigated, is how that came about. You know, there was another stolen gun in the car. I mean, it's just it's something that never should have happened, you know. I know. One of the things that has been talked about is why did this kid get out of the car and run with a gun? You know why is he's running the gun drops, he drops the gun and then he picks it up anyway and then runs to the dumpsters and points it at a cop. It's like, why did he do all these things? All he did to do is get out of the car and run. You'll leave the gun in the car. You know, once you drop the gun, just leave it and run, you know, if that's what you want to do. I mean, that's that's exactly what we expect from these criminals that are stealing cars, stealing guns. Just run from the police. And this never happens. I mean, these were just fatal mistakes that were made by an eighteen year old kid that either either wasn't taught, you know, growing up, how to be a respectful human being, or he just decided to make bad decisions. You know, this is this is one of these things where the police are certainly you feel terrible, terrible that this happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're terrible.
Speaker 5: For the family that that this eighteen year old made these horrible mistakes. But it's just what it was. These were mistakes that he made that led to his death, not the police officer.
Speaker 2: And as far as the police officers concern, what's what's the next step for the police officer?
Speaker 5: Well, I mean right now he's off on administrative leave trying to trying to process this. I've been in contact with him, and you know, it's bad enough you have to deal what the fact that you took somebody's life and then all of a sudden the next day, you know, now you have a deputy, you know that that gets murdered simply for doing his job by the same family that created this mess on Thursday. And it's just it's a tragic all around. I mean, trying to process this, you talking to sheriff's deputy's talking to you know, city police officers that I work with, and you know, trying to process this mess right now is just it's it's been very, very difficult.
Speaker 2: Well and you know, as to the officer processing this, imagine he's got to feel absolutely terrible about it. And I've got one listener out there who thinks that the reason people get into law enforcement because they want to shoot people. And I've called him out about that before and I say, absolute utter nonsense, Barber STERI saying, if you will, but you know, speak to someone who actually thinks along those lines.
Speaker 5: Can I mean, there's just no reasoning with somebody like that. You know, having having been in law enforcement for nearly twenty five years, I've been in these situations. It's terrible. Nobody nobody wants to go to work and go you know what, I feel like shooting somebody tonight. I mean that is just that defies all sensibilities. Well, nobody wants to go through this, Nobody wants to have to live with the fact that they had to take somebody's life. I mean, everybody comes to work every day going and I hope today is just a really nice, easy day to be able to get through.
Speaker 1: Amen.
Speaker 5: And unfortunately that just wasn't that on Thursday.
Speaker 2: Well, and to the extent someone actually harbors those feelings inside, they're weeded out when they go through the academy, are they not?
Speaker 5: Without a doubt? I mean, you have a psychological exam that's roughly three hundred question psychological evaluation that you take, and then you go meet with a psychiatrist that will evaluate, you know, the questions that you answered, how you answered them. And then you know, you have a face to face fifteen to twenty minute interview with a psychiatrist that evaluates your body language, all of these things, what you say, how you're saying it to determine whether or not you seem like you would be some that would be fit to do this job well.
Speaker 2: And I take great comfort in knowing that. And finally, before we part company, Ken Cob and I appreciate your time today. Any word out there, I mean, you do the police follow social media and anticipation of something like this, leading to what we've seen before, in spite of the facts and circumstances, people will nonetheless take to the streets and protest police behavior, like Black Lives Matter, for example. Any rumblings out there in the world about that potential.
Speaker 5: You know, we've had investigators that have been honitoring social media and all these things all weekend, and we've had death threats that hey, it's time to go kill some more cops, and you know, it appears that for the most part, this has just been a bunch of keyboard warriors that are you know, no doubt, I get it. They're probably grieving too. There's some of them that are just there for nefarious reasons that could give two hoots about whether you know, it's the hitt And family or the police that just want to try to stir up a mess.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but there's really so far, I mean, there hasn't been anything that's been credible, but it's certainly something that you know, we've been monitoring just to make sure that you know, the city is safe, that the county safe all the citizens that are here. So there hasn't been anything terribly credible yet. Hopefully everybody decides to grief peacefully. But yeah, so far, I think everything's kind of been okay.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll pray that the situation remains calm and collected and people approach it exactly the way that you pointed out. Ken. I don't envy you and your job at this point in time, but I appreciate your willingness to talk to my listeners about the situation on behalf of all of my listening audience, and I speak with the exception of one apparently, we all support you and appreciate what you do each and every day, putting your lives on the line for the safety of the community. And thank you for doing so.
Speaker 5: All right, Brian, thanks for having.
Speaker 2: Me my pleasure. Ken, take care. It's six forty eight if you have cares of the toxication looks like New Hampshire Greys on the line with the comment look forward to talking to you Gary if you hold on for one couple minutes. Here we write back with you. After I mentioned affordable medical imaging where you can save literally thousands of dollars. Got my next CT scan scheduled coming up in June in advance of my follow up appointment to see if the lymph notes grew again. That's another CT scan where I'm going to save thousands of dollars because it's only going to be well to be six hundred dollars because I get a contrast. It will be four hundred and fifty bucks for a CT scan if I didn't get a contrast MRIs. Don't pay thirty five hundred dollars or more of the hospital, get one for four hundred and ninety five dollars at Affordable Imaging Services Echo cardograms. Don't wait around. Hospital may keep you waiting for weeks, maybe a month, backed up appointments, blah blah blah. They'll get you right in and it's only five hundred bucks without an enhancement eight hundred with, not thirty five hundred or four thousand dollars. Every image from Affordable comes with the board certified radiologists report included in the price. Low overhead, but the same equipment hospitals are using, So don't pay for the overhead, get what you need and save money. Five one three seven five three eight thousand, five three seven five three eight thousand online find the at Affordable Medimaging.
Speaker 4: Dot com fifty five karc.
Speaker 2: Crae if you about ARSD talk station and goes straight to the phone, s Amster, Gary is held. Thanks for holding Gary good here from this morning.
Speaker 11: It's good to hear from you, Brian. I was going to talk about something from the Daily Wire. There's really a good article about Cannon Mills, the governor of Maine, and why she's so pro transagenda. It really it follows that really good how they followed the money and they found out that there's a lot of money. But I have to tell you, after listening to that previous section about this terrible situation, it literally takes my breath away, and I can think of nothing other than it appears that the father, you know, the son the apple didn't fall far from the tree in this hate that really is in destructive to society.
Speaker 5: And it's just it's.
Speaker 11: It's I don't know, it just it really is.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 5: It's sad.
Speaker 11: Is it's beyond that to watch such a deterioration of societal norms just go away. I mean, I don't believe I've ever heard of a father just going after a law enforcement because his son was killed. I don't think I've ever heard of that in our country.
Speaker 2: I haven't mafia.
Speaker 11: It's just I mean, it's it's another slow you mentioned.
Speaker 2: You mentioned mafia. I would think that that might come up in a situation where there is a specific member of law enforcement that's involved in some way with the motivation for wanting to have that person killed. They were doing an investigation, or they're the ones that arrested one of their guys, or there's a connection to the under there's something underlying. In this particular case, this was Deputy Larry Henderson, no connection whatsoever, not even wearing the same uniform. He's a retired Hamilton County Sheriff's deputy. He's not a Cincinnati police officer. I mean, I know, you can't make an argument that would have been more justified if Ronnie Hitton Junior had run over and killed a Cincinnati police officer. But at least you can make the argument it's coming from the same force. In this case, Larry's his mine in his own business, you know, in his retirement working as an assistant you off, you know, not an active deputy, but doing deputy work. Because he's got the skill sets and agreed to volunteer to do it. It's it's insane, man.
Speaker 11: It reminds me of a briefing I got when I was in the Middle East. They told us what blood letting was, and I was like, okay, So like, if you look at somebody's daughter or wife, then that man holds a grudge because you have a uniform on or because he sets you out from their tribe. His job in blood letting is he may not kill you, he will kill the first person from that tribe.
Speaker 5: It's it's it's it's said.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it what it is, it is said. It's beyond set. Well, appreciate your observations this morning, Hampshire Grey. I hope you can have a nice Monday in spite of the subject matter we're talking about today. Speaking of subject matter, tomorrow, it's election day and Jennifer Gross, State Representative Gross from District forty five is going to join the pernem to talk us about talk to us about why we should vote no on issue too, followed by Christopher Smith Aman be right back after the news.
Speaker 1: News happens fast, stay up to date. At the top of the hour. We're moving very quickly. Fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 2: This report make us your number one preset for instance, access to your world.
Speaker 1: Couldn't live without it.
Speaker 2: Fifty five krs the talk station. It's seven six if a five percg talk station. Very happy Monday, Election Day eve. Everybody has at least one issue to vote on, although you may have a school levey to vote on or some other local issue. Here to join the fifty five Carricy Morning Show, and we thank you very much for doing so. State Representative Jennifer Gross representing District forty five and she's with me. I'm a hard strong no on issue too. Jennifer, welcome to the program.
Speaker 14: Thank you, Brian, good morning.
Speaker 2: Now, first off, this is a constitutional amendment my correct.
Speaker 14: Correct, and based on the ballot by your legislature.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I don't know what what to deal with that. I have read. This enjoys bipartisan support and business organizations can many organizations say the behind this before we dive into the why we should vote no on it? What is it supposed to accomplish? Issue too?
Speaker 14: Well, let's go back, if you don't mind, Brian, a little bit to the history. In nineteen eighty seven, This was started by Democrat Governor Celeste, and it was supposedly started because our roads were in such disrepair, and back then our gas tax was fourteen cents now it's thirty eight point five cents per gallon. It was to fund local projects because our highways were in great disrepair. The highway system had been utilized more often for manufacturing, and we had lots and lots of projects, largely local, a lot of those too. But the transportation budget is also another revenue stream that we use. So we already had the transportation budget and they said, well, we need a bump of money, so Celeste put it on the ballot for five hundred million dollars. Now it's they're asking for two point five billion. And the projects were supposed to be basically, you know, we had a backlog of local infrastructure needs back then in nineteen eighty seven. And yet every ten years we keep renewing this. So just a little bit of the history.
Speaker 2: So this takes away the tenure renewal and ensurnes it in the constitution, so it's always funded.
Speaker 14: Yes, it's always been. So it was placed in the constitution every ten years, yes, sir, all.
Speaker 2: Right, So question first thought out of the gate here, Jennifer, why do we need this separate pool of money? You mentioned specifically something I was going to ask about. The gas tax is supposed to fund road improvements and maintain infrastructure. I don't know how much you take in in Ohio annually on the gas tax, but it is that an insufficient revenue source? And if so, doesn't that require elected officials to allocate additional funds for the roads, maybe to the exclusion of some other fun new stuff and things the state might take on.
Speaker 14: Very good thinking, Brian, That's exactly my thought process. The transportation budget was just passed, and it passed with at eleven point five billion dollars, and that is supposed to cover you guessed it, roads and bridge is Federal vehicle registration helps safe for that as well, you know, the highways.
Speaker 5: Local projects.
Speaker 14: The transportation budget covers all the things, or the majority of the things they're asking for in this bond issue, which is fascinating. So if the people choose not to pass this, it would send it back to us, the legislature, and require us to use your money more fiscally sound.
Speaker 2: So by allowing the bonds to be issued, that just means the money's being borrowed and then we've got to pay it back with interest.
Speaker 14: Correct, correct, And you're absolutely right. I'm sorry I didn't answer your question quite fully before about another funding source. We have five budgets already, you know, we have BWC and the General Revenue Fund, and the Transportation budget, and the capital budget and another budget called the IC budget. This is a sixth revenue stream, and we're asking the people for more money. We're already spending eleven point five on the transportation budget. We're asking for another funding stream. And you know, I just but it's debt.
Speaker 2: I mean, the funding stream is borrowing money. So you've got to do You've got to do financial obligation every and every counter year in the budget, which is servicing the debt that you borrowed to fund this particular fund.
Speaker 5: That's right, that's.
Speaker 14: Right, and it's bombs have debt and an interest to be paid back.
Speaker 2: All right now, going to this is just layers are stupid from my perspective, Jennifer, I apologize, no, no, no, I just it really it bothers me. You would think that the Columbus it We've got a bunch of Republicans dominating the House and the Senate and the and the governor, you would think there would be more fiscal responsibility and more willingness to manage dollars rather than do something like this. So I'm frustrated by this happening in Ohio, but I'm used to it by now with Columbus the way it operates now. Allegedly, the grants that are dealt with in this cover roads, bridges, water supply, wastewater treatment, stormwater collection, and solid waste disposal. Now, since I live in the Greater Cincinnati area, if city council had control over any one of these given projects with the money that are coming from these bonds being issued, it will be some outrageously outlandish green focused projects. So we're going to deal with wastewater, but we're not going to do it in the most energy for the most efficient way, mining the taxpayer dollars. We're going to do something really crazy and far more expensive in the name of I don't know, climate change or something, and only by the way it's going to be mandated at all. This is being done by union scale wage and all the extra do deads, and so I'm just looking at.
Speaker 14: It Yes, Yes, Ryan, Did you see the vote yes on Issue Too signs? Who does that? Does your legislature pay money to tell you to vote yet?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 14: So if someone's spending money to get you to vote yes on Issue Too, but your legislature put it on the ballot, which I voted against putting it on the ballot. By the way, let's be clear, there were four of us who voted against putting it on the ballot. But if someone's paying money for signs to get you to vote yes on Issue Too, why do you think they'd be doing that.
Speaker 2: They're going to be the recipients of the project money because they're going to get the contract.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 14: I believe you hit that on the nose. And look, I have no you know, personal problem with and I don't even know actually the people directly behind the signs. But here's what I do know. If you're going to spend money to try to get us to vote yes, there's some benefit to you to spend that money. And so you're absolutely right the people that are going to get the contracts and all of that. The other thing that's to concern to me is this, there's no clear direction as to who would get those projects, is it the biggest project? Because I had someone not in my district, but I had someone call me and say, you know, it's been two decades and we have this bridge we'd have we've had to lower load on because we can't get it fixed. So even though we keep approving all this money, we're not getting the project. And they're in a small rural county in Ohio. So how how are the projects being spent? How are they divvied out? How do we determine? And it is my understanding that once again, when we spend this money, we also then draw down additional funds from the federal government. I don't know if you're if everybody understands what that means. What does draw down from the federal government mean. It means that if you're telling me that you think the federal government is blowed and bloated and overgrown, that Ohio has to stop spending money locally just to get more money from the federal government. So, for instance, for every dollar we spend, four dollars comes back from the federal government. In some of these projects, we have federal highway funds and things like that that we then when we spend the money the federal the federal government matches us a certain amount. The federal government has to spend more money at the federal level when we spend money, and that's an agreement that we've made which makes Ohio dependent on federal funds.
Speaker 2: And going back to my climate change focused projects, if money comes from the Feds, it's going to come with strings attached. That always does.
Speaker 14: Exactly, exactly, just like our money did to the state, requiring us to keep anybody who lost their jobs on Medicaid for three years even if they got their job back.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, absolutely, well obviously made some wonderful reasons and explained why we should vote no on this. Now in final conclusion, I kind of alluded to it. Who decides ultimately which projects get funded. There's probably a million projects and this money would in no way, shape or form cover every project that every municipality wants done. So who determines where the money goes?
Speaker 14: I would be mistaken to tell you for sure, But obviously with this amount of money there needs to be a type of controlling board that would determine it. The challenge is what are those what are those determinants? How do we know who gets prioritized there is a larger city like Cincinnati, when they have a project, do they get do they get higher priority? Because somebody in Giaga, Giaga County needs something and they can't you know, they're so small that they don't have the same voice.
Speaker 4: Perhaps we need.
Speaker 14: To require an audit, you know, from the auditor on this, just to be clear.
Speaker 2: I think that's a good idea of money going well. And you know, wherever there's more money, higher concentration of people, you know, you know, Franklin County or Cuyahoga County or here in Hamilton County, that's where the campaign contributions come from, which is probably why they'd be more likely to get the project done than someone out in Yaga County just throwing it out there.
Speaker 14: Unfortunately. Unfortunately, Yes, that can be the case. An influential for sure.
Speaker 2: So I've been boiling down as a it's a slush fund, which is a bad thing. So that's what I've been calling it. So it sounds me like I can continue to label at a slush fund.
Speaker 14: I think so, because Brian, really, if it's not approved, then we need to come up with the money. You know, I was told, well, then we're going to have to increase taxes. Why is that the case? Our revenue is I voted against the general operating budget that we just voted on with the six hundred million to the stadium. I'm sure you don't want to get into that today, but I get tired of hearing I'll give you a you know, if you give me a cheeseburger today, I'll give you a dollar tomorrow. I'm tired of of us. Our revenue stream is very, very strong, and yet we keep spending the people's money with no property tax relief. We solve an income tax and so to me, yes, if this is not passed, it requires your legislature to make some hard choices on how we're spending our dollars.
Speaker 2: Yes, and that's their job. Jennifer Gross proudly representing and wonderfully representing District forty five. Thank you so much for coming on the program and explaining this to my listeners and me. I will look forward to having you on the show again real soon.
Speaker 14: Thank you, Brian, have a great day.
Speaker 2: You two. Seven seventeen Christopher Smithman with the smith event up next. First, you can save up to fifteen hundred and fifty dollars. I know nobody wants to have to replace their HVAC system. But you know what with fifteen hundred and fifty dollars savings, turn to my friends at Zimmer Heating and Cooling, who've been making cincin Andy's homes safe, efficient and comfortable for more than seventy five years. Third generation Zimmer family still representing the company that invented air conditioning, and that's Carrier. It is air conditioning season. So you get a new Carrier comfort system from Zimmer Heating and Cooling and you'll save up to fifteen hundred and fifty genuine dollars. And they can also service your your currently existing system the repairs. It doesn't have to be carry You can still confidently call Zimmer. They do a wide variety of HVAC work, so if you want to learn more about what they do, you are working with the best. So go to go Zimmer dot com up a right hand corner. You can book the appointment, very easy to do there go Zimmer dot com. Please tell them and said how when you give MC call five one three five one ninety eight ninety three. That's five one three five to two one ninety eight ninety three.
Speaker 6: This is fifty five krc AN iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 2: Guys, are you tired of being? If any have KRCD Talk station, a very happy Monday to you. Always made it extra special. This is the point of the week and the show when we get to hear from the former Vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati, what we call the smither Van, Christopher Smithman. Welcome back to the morning show. And I never know what you're going to talk about, but I think today I could probably guess.
Speaker 9: Yeah, brother, it's a somber day.
Speaker 7: It is.
Speaker 9: And I definitely heard from the FOP President Ken Kober. I thought he did a good job, you know, explaining, supporting and be clear with good common sense of what we need to be doing. You know, I'm a former elected official, but let me just start off with humanity. I think that's where common sense starts, you know, extending my deepest condolences to Deputy Marry Henderson and his family, you know, his parents, his nephews, his nieces, his first cousins. I mean, what we do in our society, unfortunately, Brian Thomas, is we dehumanize our peace officers, all six hundred thousand plus of them across the United States of America, and we do that by talking about things like defunding the police department, or reimagining the police department, or Tuesday Morning quarterbacking split second decisions that your sister, who is a former Cincinnati police officer, had to make or saw her colleagues have to make in her career. And so part of this lack of common sense, you know, you see it permeating out on social media as the officer who is our administrative lead, which is just a part of the process as he goes through counseling, as if this doesn't impact his life, meaning someone who has to take the life of someone, but to deal with this father who decided the next day to randomly select choose this assassination of Deputy Larry Henderson is absolutely outrageous. It's so over the top. And I heard the FOP president say, or I heard one of your callers say, I don't know of this happening anywhere else in the country.
Speaker 8: I've never heard.
Speaker 9: Of anything like this before. And so to find one person on the planet, which is scary out on social media that thinks that this was okay, that they found some solace in it or some sense in it, makes no sense to me. This man is out retired after thirty three years, he's doing traffic up the time the University of Cincinnati. I'm sure he got up, put his pants on, put his uniform, more, said goodbye to his family, and went to work. And this is what you and I talk about over and over again, how peace officers deserve to come home to their families. And we know that they're targets and uniforms because we're seeing it in New York, we're seeing it in Chicago, We're seeing it in our major cities like LA where people are just walking up officers or in their cruisers and they're targeting them. And so to find anybody on the planet who thinks that this is okay, it's a major problem. Brian Thomas, I feel so bad this morning for Deputy Larry Henderson, who gave thirty three years of service to our county to end his to have his life ended this way, and to have anybody think it's okay. It's so over the top and outrageous.
Speaker 2: Well, I just think about it. You know, it's like this de evolutionist society. How you can't explain mass school shootings, How can you anybody target an innocent child for anything, shooting the United Health CEO in the back of the head, and that people are celebrating that and defending that murderer. I mean, a conscious decision was made to kill that I think was Brian Thompson was his name, walked up behind him and shot him in the back of the head. And yet people are out there defending this guy and singing his praises. We live in a crazy world. Christopher Smithman absolutely unhinged seven twenty nine. If at about Kersee talk station and talking with Christopher Smithman, former Vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati, doing that smither vent thing, Christopher interrupted, You were going to make another comment that we're talking, of course, about this unbelievably horrific tragedy where Hamilton County Sheriff's deputy was intentionally killed by the father of the eighteen year old who was carrying a glock twenty three forty caliber with an extended magazine. Footchase with the police after getting out of a stolen car, officers talking to each other. Sinceint police officers were involved in that shooting, they were aware that he had a firearm and he was the officer that shot the kid was told that he was around on his right and kid pops out of nowhere, and there he is with the gun in his hand, and he responded accordingly. He had imminent apprehension of grievous bodily harm, which is the standard you need to justify a deadly force, and he got deadly force. You know, why was he carrying around a glock eighteen years old? Why did he run from deputies in the first place. Why did he just not drop the weapon and run? You heard all that from FFP President Ken Cover. I did.
Speaker 9: I want to add on the practical, common sense part of this as a person who's not a law enforcement officer, but I have five children, four boys. I happened to be African American, but I'm an American and I'm raising these kids like everybody else is raising their kids. Who were listening to this our conversation this morning, and it wasn't and it is not easy being a dad. It's just not being a parent in today's society is very complicated. There's so many distractions for our children. But I didn't play as a father, Brian Thomas, I didn't play my four kids even any of them could have been in that situation. The intervention in all of this is great parenting. I always wake up every day and say, I want to be the Michael Jordan of being a dad. Being a parent, that means you gotta be there, you gotta be present, you gotta make tough decisions. You got to invest in your kids. You just can't just have kids. And I don't know what this kid's situation is, but all I can tell you is I worked hard to make sure that my children did not end up in this situation. And guess what, it doesn't matter whether you're white or your Latino, are your African American, are your Asian? Any of our kids could end up in a situation like this if as a parent, and particularly a father, you are not on top of your children. So I brag about being a great parent because there's been It's been great sacrifice. And so when I hear things like this, someone stole a car, someone is in a stolen car, someone has a weapon, someone has extended ammunition on that firearm. Someone gets out of a car running, picks it up, goes somewhere and points it at a police officer. It is a recipe like oil and water for something really bad to happen, Brian Thomas. And so our common sense has to lend here and go listen. Our officers up out there have very complicated, serious jobs every single day. And I'm talking about not you, Brian Thomas. I'm a small I go out there. I haven't hunted in a long time, but I do like hunting small games. If you've ever been walking next to someone who doesn't know how to handle a firearm, anybody listening knows what I'm talking about. A new person right, and that firearm comes in your direction, You're like, whoa, whoa, whoa, Come on, you gotta know pick that firearm down to the ground. My point is the fear that you have as a firearm is coming towards you up in a direction. You're not waiting for the firearm tape we pointed at you. You're already terrified as it comes in your direction. Am I exaggerating?
Speaker 2: Brian Turmas, No, no, no, no no, And yeah, I've been in similar circumstances people that aren't familiar with firearms but never had one, you know, pointed at me inadvertently. But see that would be an inadvertent pointing they weren't pointing at me for the purpose of shooting me. You know, it was just sort of like, hey, dude, you don't ever ever point a loaded firearm another being unless you plan on pulling the trigger, because you are justified in doing it. The circumstances on this don't even remotely resemble that this is kid craying from a stolen car with police officers buying. I'm telling them to stop. I mean, correct, it is.
Speaker 9: But that's what I'm saying, Bright, I'm saying, just in the normal circumstances, someone who doesn't know how to handle a firearm, if it just comes in your direction, imagine what that officer is going through out there. It's my point, like if you if you've never handled a gun and you don't know what I'm talking about, you know, you just don't know. But it is terrifying to have a weapon, even by a mistake. Now you're talking about somebody who might intentionally point a firearm at you.
Speaker 2: It is terrifying, absolutely terrifying, tarifying. Yeah, And that's the thing I.
Speaker 9: Said, I and I just say to you that listen, anybody out there on social media acting as this it was something was Okay, for this depth, Larry Henderson to lose his life, right, You've lost your mind. You've got to be insane, you have no common sense, and we all should be terrified by something like that. And so I just continue to support this officer, in this family. In this segment, I can't say enough about it. I have other things I'm going to talk about, but it doesn't mean that. It just diminishes how I feel so strongly about his deputy being killed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, comes across.
Speaker 9: It's horrific.
Speaker 2: Seven ifif you five kre CD talk station, Brian Thomas and Christopher Smitheman, Christophine, you said he had something else to talk about just really quickly being former vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati, elected official, I mean, be in that capacity if you were still there. I kind of figure at some point outside agitators will stir the pot and the Black Lives Matter folks will take to the streets in protest over this shooting, or maybe some other entity or organization. There's already been some pretty awful, awful online post as you heard Ken Kober talk about, but at least as of right now, they don't anticipate anything but that that's of course, like the weather can change at any time. What would be your advice and your prayer to our elected officials in the city should that happen.
Speaker 9: Well, one is it's unfortunate what I haven't seen as the vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati and the former chair of Law and Public Safety for the City of Cincinnati for an extended period of time when I served. And so the silence, and I'll address your question, the silence coming from city Hall is numbing. There are nine elected officials and a mayor. And the clarity meaning my clarity as the former vice mayor, and when I served as the vice mayor, you know, I always made myself available. I always spoke out about these issues no matter what was happening. George Floyd violencing, downtown fires being set, shops being robbed, I've made myself available. My point is that we have elected officials right now who are quiet, right, who are not clear, like their voices are piercing through the nonsense. That's the problem, right. So first of all, my advice to them is to is to come out with something that is so clear that you support your law enforcement officer, not just your prayers to the sheriff, which I absolutely think is the right thing to do, but that you support your officer who unfortunately had to use his firearm in order to protect his life, which ultimately is protecting all of our lives. You don't hear that clarity, Brian Thomas coming from city Hall, And I'm connecting it directly to the election that we're involved in right now, meaning the primary, as you've been talking about throughout the morning, is tomorrow. The polls open at six thirty am, they close at seven thirty pm. Taylor Park good turnout, We need them showing up. But will Hyde Park Mount Lookout in Oakley, based on what happened with their development, will they show up? Will other parts of our community bond Hill, Rose On, will they show up? I'm unsure about that. Voter turnout as like twelve percent right now. So what we need is a community who says, listen, I've got to send a message to city Hall. Write a message. That's why I'm supporting Corey Bowman, who's running for mayor, because I'm supporting change. I don't want to keep doing the same thing when we have situations like this. We need a mayor and a council that will come on your show and speak the way I'm talking right now, saying I support my officer, I support my commands there. I don't want the chief just out there by herself. Chief Fiji, who's doing a great job, comes from a great law enforcement family. I don't want to just hear from our sheriff. I want to hear from the elected Brian Thomas, and so when you ask me what they can do and what they should be doing, that's it. But here's the bottom line. We have to have a zero tolerance people come into our community from the outside of the inside and decide that they want to start writing, they want to start blocking our roads, they want to start setting things on fire. We've got to support our police department and holding those people accountable fast, right, We've got to have their back. If we do that, we won't have the problems. There should be no one out here destroying property. Now, if somebody gets a permit, if somebody says they would like to have they want to display their First Amendment rights, I have no problems with that, Brian Thomas. People have the right to do that. We allow them to do that peacefully. But that has nothing to do with destruction of property, that has nothing to do with blocking streets, that has nothing to be throwing things at our police officers. That has to be stumped out. And we need elected officials in this election that will hold our community accountable. Anybody who's engaging in that kind of bad behavior. It's so sad to me, as the former vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati, we just do not have a strong elected body and a mayor in these crisis situations. It's okay to show up for the ribbon cutting. I can sit there with my Knight's outfit on, my hair done perfect right while I'm trying to go to my next gig. I'm trying to step and go somewhere else. But when the rubber meets the road, when that officer is at home right now maybe listening to us, I want him to know I support you, brother, Thank you so much for your service. There are lots of good people out there that have your back, your wife's back, your children's back, your community's back. That's what a good mayor would be saying right now. That's what a strong council would be saying. Not resolutions about what's happening in Israel and Hamah. I don't care about that from my council. I care right now, right now, in this moment, right now in Cincinnati, let's hear the clear message from city hall. And we your crickets, Brian Tartment's crickets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we do. And you know part of the problem, you know, in taking a harsher a hard firm stand against you know, violence, property destruction. They're there in the streets protesting for example. You know, you look at George Floyd or something a questionable, it's questionable that there's even a reason for them to be there. In other words, what the police did wasn't wrong, but it's been characterized is wrong or mischaracterized. So the predicate for rioting in the street is something that the police shouldn't be held responsible for. But yet nonetheless they're out there protesting it, and they, I think by the acts of violence are are done to invite more police involvement, to create more scenarios where they can say, see, look what the police did to me. All I was doing was exercising my free speech rights. And I get arrested, I get busted, I meah blah blah blah blah blah, it's and you know that that obviously really has I think a profound impact on officer's psychology and how they're supposed to approach and maybe even the commands and directors that have been given to the police department and how they're supposed to approach these agitators. Let them go, I think has been the default determination. It's not worth it. We don't want to elevate the situation. To just let them get it out of their system. It'll be over in no time and we'll move on with our lives. And I think that's how we got to where we are today.
Speaker 9: Well, all I'm saying to you, Brian Thomas, is that African American kids, American children, black or white or Latino, are being murdered in our streets every weekend. It's a blood bath out here across our major cities. Right. We're losing a generation with the violence that we're seeing within the brown and black community. And these same elected officials right will be out here hob nobbing and talking about that with some kind of cookout, but not getting their arms around what's happened in our public school systems across the United States of America. Supporting our teachers who are trying to deal with these kids. Guarantee you they are teachers out there who taught this young man who saw him on TV and said, man, I probably could have guessed that. My point is that when are we as former elected and elected officials, going to put our rate on the right side of the scale. The reality of it is, Black Lives Matter is nowhere to be found when our black and brown kids are being murdered every single weekend across the United States of America. Our streets are red, and our cops are the only thing out there that's keeping it peaceful. I am so frustrated by these voices out here who want to identify a police officer who happens to be white, who's engaging an African American young person who says, this is my opportunity to riot, or this is my opportunity to protest protests our brothers and sisters that are being murder every single weekend in our streets in Cincinnati, in Dayton, no matter where, Detroit, Chicago, you name it. That's what gets my skin boiling, my blood boiling, and that's that is the real issue that you and I as as my white brother me as your black brother. These are American children, a generation that we continue to lose, and we put our cops right in the middle of it and act as if there's not going to be a problem. If they come to the party with a gun, expect something bad to happen. We need parents and teachers, brother, that's what we need. And I'm not gonna stop talking about it because there's people out there says Will Smitherman. You know he's not African American. You know he's a He stands apart, he's really not black. I am absolutely black. I'm African American, whatever you want to call me. I'm a dad out here who's concerned about the real issues. Those are our children who are dying in the streets with gun violence every single day. Hope Dutley, in conclusion, this is an African American woman. She is an absolute patriot. And our Sharf's Department should be working with Hope Dutley to get those cards that she has of victims in those jails. Right now. We need Hope Dutley and our sheriff on the same page getting those cards inside of those jails in these prisons so we can solve these crimes. Of these families, these mothers who are listening to my voice right now, who are mourning in their living room because no one has solved the crime of why their baby was murdered in the street. Thomas, thank you. I appreciate you giving me your voice.
Speaker 2: I'm happy to do it. I appreciate your passion, and thanks for min I didn't realize Hope was still out there with her playing cards with unsolved murders, and that was a I thought, really an excellent effort. So I'm pleased to hear that she's still at that good work. Russ, you brother, Love you man. We'll talk next Monday. Take care. Seven fifty I can vouch for him. He is black. He's a friend of mine. We hang out for one preset for instant access to the information that affects you. He's on fifty five KRC, the talk station Stato six Here I pittybove Gar CD talk station. It being Monday, it's that time of week where we do the thing we call money Monday with all what financials. Brian Jane financial planner he is, and he's bringing us up lately some bad news. Jeez, Brian, can you can you put a smile on my face one of these weeks. Welcome back, my friend. It's always good to have you on the show.
Speaker 7: Thanks for let me join you again.
Speaker 15: I gotta ask, do I do I give you like a negative kind of connotation? Do I do it do every time we talk it seems like it's bad anymore? Do you just think of me in terms of sadness?
Speaker 2: Of course not. You know, it's kind of like Dave Hat to do Tech Friday with Dave Hatter at six Thirday every Friday, and he's always warning us about just the absolute land minds that are lurking everywhere when you're online. You know, the scammers, the hackers, folks breaking into our infrastructure, sending you spam text that will end up taking over your phone or stealing your data. And it's depressing, but it's really important information. I mean, these are kind of things we need to know. I mean, you, of course focus towards the financial and try to get us to have the attitude that we need to take care of ourselves and how to do so, and how to properly plan for our retirement and how to manage things. So I think it's all valuable. Although you know what negative news gets the clicks, and that's kind of what's been going on of late in the financial markets. I saw that weekly jobless claims jump to two hundred and forty one thousand, the latest sign of economic trouble in CNBC's headlines. So when you file for unemployment this is for first time filings? What does that specifically mean that the person who is filing for unemployment has never filed for unemployment before.
Speaker 7: The first time?
Speaker 15: And kind of this go around, there's this is obviously complicated stuff, but yeah, this is.
Speaker 2: That's kind of why I asked the question, because people read that number and I don't think they give any measure of thought to really what it entails or what it means. So I kind of wanted to get a little foundational point before we talk about the broader economic troubles that this might portend.
Speaker 15: Yeah, so a first time filer is literally somebody who's submitting a claim for the very first time during this specified period. It distinguishes new claims from continuing claims. That's why we have two there's two different phrases you'll hear whenever we talk about job as claims, first time filers and continuing claims. So yeah, and these happen, of course whenever the economy tends to slow down a little bit. As you mentioned, we're up to two hundred and forty one thousand first time filers. That's up eighteen thousand from the week before, and the now Jones organization was estimating two hundred and twenty five thousand. Remember, everything in the financial markets, in the economic analysis has to do with what did we think was going to happen and then what actually happened. So a little above the estimates. But I don't think it's a shock to anyone. Most people know somebody who is directly impacted by the decisions that our administration is currently making, which in the very short run here, there's no way to for everyone to withstand all of these tariffs, all these extra challenges without some kind of reaction. So you're seeing companies say, you know what, we got to pull in for just a little for a little bit, and hopefully we'll make it through the other side and bring everybody back on.
Speaker 2: But there has to be reaction to this right now. So there is some connection to the tariffs and people's dealing with the tariffs, preparing or otherwise reacting to them. That's connected with the higher weekly job claim.
Speaker 15: Absolutely, because because think about it this way, A tariff is, you know, whether we whether good, bad, or and different. A tariff is an extra outlay of cash that a company has to start paying to keep its business going forward any way you want to slice it. That is the thing that's happening. So that means they might have to be backing off on other things. So maybe there's some some smaller product they sell or something like that that's just not all of that viable, and therefore they may have to shut down that division or at least mothball it for a little while. That costs people jobs, and they may be looking for opportunities to save just so we can buy some time. And I've got I've got clients, I've got some personal friends who are talking about we need to be able to bring in part raw materials from overseas. Didn't see these tariffs coming, you know, last year, so we didn't exactly plan for it right, And we can't afford to double overnight or cost of good soul, which is basically what's happening here. Things got twice as expensive as they were last year. Nobody planned for that. The ones who have the you know, who have the deepest pockets and the best ability to weather the storm are the ones who are going to be here on the other side of it. But if you're not in that situation, then there's a lot of pain out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I'm just part of me is kind of surprised at how quickly the implementation of the tariffs have went in and how quickly they've been implemented. It seems to me like there will be a very very complicated process that once you know, you declare whatever given tariff is going to be applied, you could actually connect it to an imported product and have that tax or that tariff owede right away. That's like the peace of God. I don't know. I don't know how they can accomplish that and how. That's why I'm kind of shocked that it has this immediate effect, because the tariffs have only been in place now for what six weeks or two months?
Speaker 7: Yeah, So a couple thoughts on that.
Speaker 15: I mean, first off, this administration is a more so than any other administration in history, has been tearing band aids off left and right.
Speaker 2: Let's just do it.
Speaker 15: Make a mess break things, and then we'll move on the other thing too, is remember what the market is always trying to do, and what business people are always trying to do is anticipate. So, yes, the tariffs have only been in place for a short while, but we've been talking about them since really since November, because Trump talked about them all through his campaign, so there's been a whole lot lot of anticipation about it. Business has started to rejigger and shuffle things. That's why we're seeing we're seeing we saw a decline in the overall GDP of the United States. It wasn't because demand fell or anything like that. It was because businesses were holding off on US based purchases of supplies and things that they need in favor of buying a bunch of stuff that they all they knew they would need, kind of stocking up before the tariffs hit. So we saw a much bigger trade imbalance due to that.
Speaker 2: Right, and I saw an article about but night trial gloves as surgical gloves, and there is a US manufacturer then obviously could not compete with Chinese production because how much cheaper it is, but it's finally getting a whole lot more orders. So there's one business that has benefited from this, among other businesses that were in this article that I read about how the tariffs have helped US industries in certain areas. But he said he has a lot of customers that wouldn't do business with him because of the price of his gloves now coming to him and saying, hey, we need these gloves, and they're placing orders with his company because now his price is actually competitive with the tariff in place.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Now, now think of the downstream effect of that.
Speaker 15: So they're not these companies who are purchasing those gloves from him, these organizations, they are not saving money themselves. They're actually paying more than they were les exactly, it's still a cost.
Speaker 7: Increase for them.
Speaker 15: So this is going to be this will do a lot of damage with a lot of ripple effects from this, and it's going to take a lot of wherewithal for somebody to for organization to weather the storm.
Speaker 2: Well and real quick before we move on to the next topic, and we take a break before we do that. I've seen many articles and I'm sure you have too. Brian James Mallworth financial China's economy is not doing real well and a lot of people. There's been a lot of workers protesting in the streets that haven't been paid. And I saw most recent article US teriffs may drive China's economy into depression. Now, whether or not that's true, can you guess what that global ramification might be if China were to actually go into a depression, but that have a profound impact or any impact on the United States?
Speaker 7: Well, I would.
Speaker 15: Everything's connected to everything, So if the United States sneezes, everybody suffers, that's what we're you know, we're beating the daylights out of the rest of the world. Were the decisions that we are proactively making right now. China is the world's second largest economy. So while while we are in direct of somewhat violent competition with them, economically speaking, if if China ends up going into recession, that means they will spend less money and there will be other trade imbalances changing. There will definitely be ripple effects from that, because whether you're rooting for them or rooting against them, they still factor into the equation. So if they're suffering and they're not spending as much money, then that means there are other other impacts that will happen to other countries. There's just a great reshuffling of the decks. This is again globalization as how we got here. Everybody's connected to everybody else. So if one sneezez, everybody else gets a cold. That's kind of how it's been for a while now. So I would very much say that any any effect on such a large economy, such a large supplier of purchasing effectively, is going to have an impact for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they do buy from other countries. I mean they we have an imbalance with China, but that is an imbalance, not a one sided. They only we buy from them, So I can see how that could impact us if they're not selling their stuff because they've gone into depression. Complicated is and that's what we got. Brian James. We'll talk about consumer confidence coming up. Young workers, well they have burnout and their concerned lemon paycheck to pay plus mind blowing starter home prices. We'll talk about those subjects coming up with all Worth financials. Brian James. I hope you can stick around fifty five KRC the talk station for more information about contests on this station. Channel I says, we got falling for the weather body. Day to day chances spotty afternoon showers of storm fifty seven overnight little forty eight, forty six with clouds and isolated showers, isolated showers and cloudy tomorrow with the highest sixty five, same thing overnight going down to forty nine. It'll be dry on Wednesday, but still mostly cloudy and all they have to seventy five.
Speaker 13: It's fifty one right now, in time for traffic from the UC Health Traffic Center. When it comes to stroke, I bring second counts. That's why you see health is the clear choice for rapid life saving treatment. Learn more at useehealth dot com. Stapbound seventy five sloves a bit between Union Center and two seventy five, then a bit more through Blackman stapbound seventy one. You're rocking on the brakes from two seventy five down to red. Crews are working with an accent and on Cincinnati Brookville between Millville, Shandon and Chapelmer Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRZ the talk station.
Speaker 2: Ay eighteen fifty five r C detalk station, Happy Monday, It's money Monday. It's Brian James pivoting over from jobless claims to consumer confidence not going in the right direction with consumer confidence, Brian James, what's the story on this one?
Speaker 15: Consumer confidence is down? Go figure, that's the shocker of all shockers. So fell by seven point nine points last month in April, all the way down to eighty six. This is the fifth consecutive month of declining confidence. And honestly, if you think about that, that coincides exactly with the election. So I think that there was a perception out there, and it's not that people don't support There's obviously a good chunk of the population that supports the Trump administration in the situations that they bring about. But at the same time, logic dictates that the decisions that are happening there, decisions that are coming out, are going to have a short term impact here, and the President himself has said that many times. So five months of declining confidences, people began to anticipate that these kinds of things are going to have an impact. So lots of pessimism around there, just future business conditions, employment prospects, I'm worried about my income, so on and so forth, and this is all kind of natural. This is the part of the cycle when we're rejiggering exactly how we present ourselves as a country to the rest of the world. We are making it more expensive to do business with us. That is, you know, the administration's goal here is long term gain for some short term pain, and so right now we're in the middle of the short term.
Speaker 2: Well, we live in an immediate gratification kind of mindset world these days. People aren't willing to wait it out to see what happens, and if it does, we do end up reaping the benefits that he has promised as a consequence of these So but if real time your job might be on the line, I can certainly understand your confidence would go down.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it doesn't make sense.
Speaker 15: I mean, this is just a situation where people are re examining exactly what their situations are, and, as we've talked before, themselves are having to make decisions. I want to ensure growth through this environment. That means I need to maybe take a hit here in the short run, and I have to shut down lines, I have to lay off some people. I would very much prefer to keep those kinds of things, but I got to keep my nose just above water until we get through this we can kind of get back to normal. So we are seeing some pretty steep declines in these confidence numbers, and we'll have to see where they go over the next few weeks. Well, and this might very well translate over to the leading industrial indexes S and P five hundred doubts that are.
Speaker 2: I know we're down over the year, but I mean we've had some pretty big jumps of late. It's as if the market is resisting the concerns expressed by the masses.
Speaker 15: Well, I remember what we talked about that the market is always trying to anticipate what's coming next. So yeah, there was a very big boying about a month ago. We hit the but we're still down for the year. But the Nasdaq was down fifteen eighteen percent at its very lowest point. Now as we're sitting here, it's only down about seven percent. Everything bounced in early April. And as we've talked about before, if you are a diversified portfolio holder, meaning you got a little bit of everything, you got a horse in every race, then you're actually doing okay. Well, a lot of diversified portfolios are actually up for the year, believe it or not, because there are other things out there. Then the S and P five hundred. I'm speaking specifically of international companies, which again are up fourteen percent year to date. If you're somebody who abandoned everything but the US over the past fifteen years because of how the S and P five hundred had performed, then you are now missing out on a more stable portfolio because of all this. So but yes, about a month ago, things bounced back up because the market is simply anticipating that these tariffs are going to come and go. Eventually, cooler heads will prevail and everybody will find their new position in all of this, and the market will go forward. Underneath, things are relatively healthy. There is still demand. We don't have a two thousand and eight type situation. The economy wants to go up and the market does too. We just need the fog.
Speaker 2: To clear a little bit. Well, and since the experts, and I'm use them my little quote fingers here are in the market, so the ones that run the businesses are the ones that do the the you know, the investment investment decisions. That's optimism right there. If they have fact with this bump in the markets, smart people know that things are going to get better. At some point in potentially or possibly the near future, if the markets were tanking, all these smart people are saying, no, it's going to be it's going to hit the fan and it's going to be terrible. So that's a little bit of optimism built into this. If you're not even if you're not invested in the market, well they're saying things will probably be better.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and again I'll go back to anticipation.
Speaker 15: Those smart people have decisions they have to make, they have to grow their portfolios. And I'm not just talking about investment people, that's business people in general. They're moving things around to take advantage of what they see coming. I would remind everybody that the back in two thousand and eight, when you know a lot of people were invested then, and we most most of us remember that as kind of a benchmark of how scary things can be. The bottom of that market was March ninth of two thousand and nine. If you go back and read headlines, Brian, you will not see positive headlines until around June of that year. So the headlines are always going to trail reality. The market wants to go up. It anticipates the good news coming, but it also makes a lot of false head starts.
Speaker 2: Well, and that was the other thing I was going to say in connection with consumer confidence. I mean, try to find a positive headline.
Speaker 4: In the world.
Speaker 2: It's it's a Sysavian challenge, you know, unless you look at things like you are sort of objectively looking at the market and recognizing the decisions that are making to keeping that have caused the market to bounce back. That's actually a positive story built into all of this. But everywhere you turn, it's woe's me, and this is terrible, and Trump sucks and you know, tariffs are killing everybody. I mean, it's just it's hard to find a bright spot in terms of what people's perception of how things are out in the world. But we're not the experts really, we're just sort of living our lives day today. And that's you know, I think people a lot of people are quite off and influenced by, of course what they read, and it's maybe has no connection with necessarily a reality.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and that's.
Speaker 15: Why we have to step back and look at the forest, not the trees. So again we focus always on financial planning. We have to deal with this stuff. Something's got to grow and keep up with inflation that's going to involve the stock market in some way, shape or form for everybody. This is what comes along with it. So let's understand the history and make sure we're not putting ourselves in a bad spot with it.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, we'll bring buying back and find out that well, apparently young workers are ready to quit burnout, pay concerns and I don't know from what job they're in now to what job they might take, but pay concerns driving exodus according to the study fines analysis. We're going to hear about that. Plus, thank god you don't live in one of a multitude of California cities. The price of starter homes has just gone through the roof. But that's just not happening in California. It's happening all over. We'll get a little bit on that from Brian James as well. One more with Money Monday, All with Financial Brian James.
Speaker 4: Stick around fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: The simply Money Minute is punching bye.
Speaker 2: Channel nine. With the forecasts, we're gonna have a cloudy day to day chances plotty afternoon showers fifty seven for the high chance of showers remains overnight clouds remain as well. Forty six for the low sixty five tomorrow with again a cloudy day with isolated showers overnight same thing, clouds showers forty nine and a dry Wednesday. Glad to be able to say that. Seventy five for the high on Wednesday with cloudy sky's fifty two. Now traffic time.
Speaker 13: From the UCF tramps at the center. When it comes to stroke, every second counts. That's why you see Help is the clear choice for wrapping life saving treatment.
Speaker 1: Learn more at you see health dot com.
Speaker 13: Stath found seventy five slow just above fiper Off and on the red bank.
Speaker 1: That is good for an extra five minutes.
Speaker 13: South found seventy five starting to clear past Union Center. Remains heavy in and out of Lockland northbound fourth seventy one a bit slow from Memorial Chucking Ramon fifty five K See the talk station Ay.
Speaker 2: Twenty eight fifty five car ce detalk station. Hey, very happy Monday too. One more segment with all Worth Financials Brian Jay James Brian young workers are burned out. I just kind of laugh at that. I remember when I first started practicing litigation. You know, twelve hour days six days a week, and we did it year after year after year, And I honestly, while I might have complained at the time, I wasn't going to quit over it. Anyway. What's the story on this when Brian.
Speaker 15: James seventy three percent of gen Z and seventy percent millennials are actively looking to change jobs. In other words, three out of every four of those young people sitting next to you are sniffing around. And this is coming from just overall frustration with job burnout feelings and just an.
Speaker 7: Overall monotony of the work and so forth.
Speaker 1: Different.
Speaker 7: Yeah, a little bit of monotony.
Speaker 15: They're not super excited about the day to day, you know, as much as they're older.
Speaker 2: Okay, so it's a question of lacking intellectual stimulation or satisfied. It's not. I mean, I know, we got a pay element on this before we get to the living page, the paycheck component. But they could be satisfied in so far as their salary. But they're just tired of doing what they're doing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And I think there's another element. I heard that.
Speaker 15: I think there's another element to this. It's not even mentioned in the article. And I'm speaking as i'd speak to my clients. I'd always tell them that their kids are my clients too, So I'll talk to anybody about anything. And the impression that I get from them is that they feel that the hill is so much steeper. We all got to push a rock up a hill to get to retirement. They feel their hill is a lot steeper because they're not going to have you know, they they're they're bombarded with the fact that social security is going to go away. It's not, but there's still the mental component that they're that sociecurity might take a hit, that things are more expensive, inflation and all of this, and they're they're among some of them, there's a feeling of hopelessness. Why does it matter that I have that I want to grind because I'm not going to be able to afford it anyway. The deck is so stacked against me. That doesn't mean they've done the math to analyze it, but that's the drumbeat that's out there again. Because of social media they have, they have a lot more to contend with in terms of the loudness of all of the.
Speaker 11: There you go.
Speaker 2: You know, in the back of my mind immediately started thinking of the seventies and stagflation. Things were not pretty in this country at all, and a lot worse than they are right now. But we've had so many decades of without I mean, there's been bumps in the road, as you've pointed out many times, like you know, the tech bubble burst, in the housing bubble burst, but you know for the last several decades, and we've had nothing but you know, rainbows and puppy puppies. It's just it's been really overall a great environment. They haven't seen it pine before.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and well everything negative gets amplified.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah.
Speaker 15: So I was talking to my son and he was explaining to me how relationships work nowadays. You can't break up with someone because they never go away. You see them on social media, you see how they're linked, you see what they're talking about, all of this stuff. This is a much different environment than any of these other generations have had to contend with. And I kind of got what he was saying. And it's scary out there. And you attach that to trying to raise a family, start your career and all that. You get surrounded by Oh, so and so is doing so much better than you. So and so just bought this house. Everybody's happy, wonderful. What's wrong with you?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 7: You can't get away from that and focus on your job now.
Speaker 2: And I think every generation has struggled with some component of what you just said before. And I think you just try to focus on your own life and quit comparing yourself to the Joneses. We don't all live at a different level, and we all live at different levels, and thus it has ever been but back to the paycheck to paycheck component. I suppose that would be a little disheartening if you can't save any money at all.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and that's another three quarters of people.
Speaker 15: Seventy four percent of employees say they're living paycheck to paycheck, which simply means that I get paid and I pay my bills and the checking account goes back down to zero. I can't make any headway. I can't save money to take the family on a vacation. I can't work on paying my mortgage down faster. I can't bump up my four oh one K percentage contribution. I just feel like I'm stuck in the mud. And then that leads to this, is there another opportunity out there? What should I be doing? Can I can I put myself in a better spot, or it leads to quiet.
Speaker 7: Quitting and just kind of hanging up and doing the bare minimum.
Speaker 2: Hmm, okay, pivoting over one of the reasons people are a living in paycheck to paycheck. I couldn't believe the numbers on this one, Brian James. Starter homes top one million dollars in two hundred and thirty three cities. That's doubled since since am I sorry it was eighty five cities that had that price in twenty twenty. This is amazing.
Speaker 15: Yeah, so five years ago only eighty five cities had a median start These are starter homes, right, So the typical starter home now costs a million dollars or more in two hundred and thirty some areas. Now this is not affecting Cincinnati. We're still we've got a booming real estate market. But starter homes around here about a quarter million dollars so, which is still a relative to our local environment. That still has an impact, of course, But this is this is highlighting the affordability crisis in the housing market. And this is another thing I can't like we just got done talking about. I'm unhappy with my job. I don't get paid enough. Why am I bothering to do all this? I just can't make things go. And part of this can be because of the mortgage payment that stares somebody in the face on the first of every month.
Speaker 2: That in when they reassess your property taxes and it jumps sixty three percent, and you're not prepared for that kind of hit, like Claremont County and other counties have struggled with. You know, it's a little disheartening to say the least. Although the bright spot in this is thank god we don't live in California. You already gave props to the city of Cincinnati for him in much lower than a million dollars. One hundred and thirteen of these two hundred and thirty three cities are in California. That speaks volumes New New York, New Jersey right behind. To me, none of this is a shock because these are the places we always hear about is being more expensive with regard to real estate. So this is also revealing that the United States is short by about four and a half million homes. In other words, if we had four and a half million more homes available for purchase, the purchase price would be down closer to a normal level. That's why you're still seeing subdivisions. We live up here in Butler County's new subdivision going up in a cornfield every other week. It seems like we've got some catching up to do.
Speaker 15: The builders are certainly doing their part to put them out there, but we haven't gotten to a point yet where it has truly made an.
Speaker 7: Impact on the price of a starter home.
Speaker 2: Well, and I imagine those brand new subdivision homes probably a little more pricey than you know, the two hundred and fifty thousand figure you just mentioned, which means someone is going to be moving from maybe a starter home and buying one of the newer homes out in the subdivisions, which will free up some of these more affordable starter homes for the for the people.
Speaker 15: Yeah, the United States, it's a profit margin.
Speaker 7: That's where I live.
Speaker 15: So those builders are building the type of homes off of which they can make the most profit, and unfortunately that doesn't tend to be that starter home. No.
Speaker 2: I see the fixed rate mortgage. The rate dipped a little bit to six point eight one percent last week, which was previously seven point one seven, so that's going in the right direction. Any before we part company, Brian James any te lea freading on the direction that's going to go.
Speaker 15: Well, we need to see exactly what's going to be happening here with the rest of the economy, you know, we we it's pretty clear out there that the President would very much like mister Jerome Powell to start cutting rates yesterday. But that does not happen, and it does not appear likely a meeting this week. But there is zero chance that we're going to see a raid cut out of this one, so I wouldn't look for movement there anytime soon.
Speaker 2: All Right, we'll ride it through as we always do. Brian James Alworth, Financial Camp. Thank you though for the time he spoke my listeners me every Monday. Look forward to another conversation next week. Have a great week, Happy Monday. Talk to you in seven days. Stick around, folks, got more to talk about. We'll also open the phone lines up with this is the subject you want to bring up? Happy to talk about at five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk pound five fifty on AT and T phones. It's eight thirty six. I'll be right back.
Speaker 6: This is fifty five karc an iHeartRadio station Andy and in here.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRCD talk station. Hope you're having a decent Monday. Huh. I wanted to get this in. I will take phone calls. But this Maine is having a bit of a back and forth with the Trump administration over their preference for allowing men to compete against women in in sports. So ah, this just happened. Most recently, trans identifying athlete competed in the North Yarmouth Hademy in Yarmouth, Maine. The biological male in the girls competition won the girls eight hundred meter and sixteen hundred events. The athlete been making national headlines in Maine. The same athlete dating back to fo what was it February anyway, jumping from fourth place in the five k division in the girls category after previously finishing one hundred and seventy seventy second in the boys competition. This athlete made national headlines for competing in the Nordic skiing and taking a podium spot in Mainz High School State Nordic Skiing Championship in the past February that was the February reference that I was thinking about. So at this Portland Seacoast Meet, Friday athlete won the sixteen hundred meters with a time of five fifty seven to twenty seven the second place runner six six teen thirty two. It's like a nineteen second rough difference between the two. The male beat the female by about nineteen seconds. A bit closer in the and the other competition, the eight hundred meter two forty three thirty one, about a second better than the second place finisher to forty forty seven, proving yet again the cold hard reality that men have a competitive advantage over women in sports. Go ahead, look up records, and that this is even a hill that the Democrats thinks worth dying on. And they're in the middle of litigation with the Trump administration. I mean State Representative Laurel Libby. She's been in trouble for making comments about this before. She pointed out today, a biological male won the eight hundred and sixteen hundred the girls division at the main track meet. Every girl who plays second, third, and fourth and further in those races was pushed aside so a boy could win. This is not fair. Our girls deserve a fair, safe and level playing field. Now she had done this before, commented on a transathlete who won a girl's pole vaunting comics competition getting her a censure from the legislature's Democrat majority, and she's in a lawsuit over that one. Now, as to that Nordic skiing event, one of the main female athletes who had to compete against the trans athlete in that event said, the defeat that comes with that in that moment is heartbreaking. I'm just in shock in a way. I didn't believe it. I didn't think it was happening to me. So for its part of the Department of Justice and now allows a lawsuit against the State of Maine for its continued defiance of the Executive Order to keep biological men out of girls and women's sports and alleged violations of Title nine. So this will all get hammered out in court. But again the governor there, Janet Mills, is like, bring it. I'm happy to go to court and litigate the issue that are being raised in this court complaint, she said in reaction to the Department of Justices action. Again, and you know this, I guess Democrats don't care about polling because the vast majority of folks in the state of main the vast majority of folks on the republic are and at least on the Republican and independence side of the Ledger are overwhelmingly against this, and a whole good sizable chunk of Democrats are against this concept as well. It's simply a question of fairness and in sometimes safety. There's been a lot of those cases where the transgender athlete has harmed a female. I mean, think about a boxing competition. I mean, seriously, one thing to swimming. At least it's not a contact sport. It's one thing for running, at least it's not a contact sport. But that doesn't change the reality of the simple, objective unfairness of what's going on. Let's see what Maureene's got. Hey, Maureen, thanks for calling this morning. Welcome to the Morning Show.
Speaker 12: Hi, good morning, Brian, thanks for taking my call. I just want to pickyback on christ Movement's call in regards to the police officers. I found myself at the end of some guns being drawn in a drug rate. I actually got home from work one day and there was a buzz at the gates. Is when we used to live in Hamilton County and lived in the kind of the middle of a forest on a few acres, and they were at at one of our gates, and they buzzed up and said that they needed to come in and it was on marked car and they needed to surveil our property for possible drug of being grown on the property. And so it's sure, come on up. I'd like to know about that. Yeah, so I said, but you'll need to come up the other gate because then you'll have access to look around more. The other one was to the garage, so he said, okay, fine, he went to the other gate. I'm walking out the window, and I buzzed up that gate, and as soon as he started pulling through, four other police cars came from around the corner, two of them, one mark, two marked, and so they all came out, heavily armed and questioning about surveilling the property. They see a significant amount They received the tip apparently from Duke Energy that did an aerial view of the power lines, the guest line and they lost a lot of marijuana growing. So I said, fine, go find out what's going on. Never for one minute did I think that they weren't being heavy handed they were doing their job, and I felt I didn't feel like I was being profiled or targeted or anything. And as it turns out, that on we'd put a fence around our property and at the time we got anonymous letter from our neighbors saying, how can you put up the fence in a beautiful forest? Anyway, long story short, Now we know why they wrote that letter because they've been growing that for quite some time. But anyway, yeah, so they did. I turned out thanking them for their service, and they sent us pictures of what they were able to take away, and they took care and handled it very professionally. But it can be skared at that time. But I feel like if you're not doing anything wrong, then then you might want to help them do their job.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I understand that default position. I mean, I don't do anything wrong at least, I mean, somebody might question me morally or ethically or something like that, but I'm not breaking any laws, so my inclination will be Yeah, officer, I'm happy to help out. I mean what else would I say? I mean, I too would want to know if if I had a large enough property that I couldn't keep track of every little every single plant that was growing on it, and someone's growing an illegal crop. I guess now it might be legal depending on the number of plants that are being grown, but still I would want to find that out and take some steps to eradicate the even possibility of that happening down the road. So I'm in your corner on that one, Maureen. A lot of people don't share that perception. They're like, the Constitution is what it is, and if you don't have a warrant, I'm not letting you on my property, And I think that just sets you up probably for something bad to happen.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I can kind of see that too. But we did get out of Hamilton County once a have to have care of all was on it. We knew that wasn't gonna end well. But if Corey Bowen, when I'd consider moving back.
Speaker 2: Oh, we'd love to have you back in town.
Speaker 11: Maureene.
Speaker 2: I miss seeing you at listening lines. I appreciate your calls and I can't thank you know for keeping us thinging into in touch with the program and for tuning into the program that means the world to me. You have a wonderful day, Maureene had a wonderful week. If I don't hear from you again later this week. It's eight forty seven right now, fifty five k see the talk station. One more segment of talk talk and if you want to call in you can.
Speaker 4: I'll be right back fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: One more time for the Channel nine weather forecast. Clouds all day to day chances spotty afternoon showers and storms. We'll up to fifty seven overnight, little forty six with more clouds and more possibility for spotty showers tomorrow, more clouds, more isolated showers than high. Have sixty five overnight, little forty nine again with clouds and a slight chance of showers. Dry on Wednesday, but clouds remain. It's seventy five hot. We're gonna be the high on Wednesday. Looking at about fifty three right now. Time for final traffic chuck ingram.
Speaker 13: You see how tramphing center. When it comes to stroke, every second count. So that's why you see health. That's the clear choice for wrap up life saving treatment. Learn more at uce health dot com. Stathbound seventy five break lights continue in and out of Lackland southbound seventy one.
Speaker 1: That's starting to improve a bit.
Speaker 13: Just a couple of extra minutes needed between Fifer and Redbank northbound fourth seventy one. It's clearing out into town. Chuck Ingram on fifty five krs the talk station, Hey, fifty eight ififty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 2: Election Day tomorrow an opportunity for my friends in the City of Cincinnati to send a shot over at about after approval in the current council line up, vote Corey Bowman, even if you don't plan on voting for him in November. You want to change the dynamic of the council in the direction of the city council. I think he'll be a great thing for you to do. Plus, Corey's a good guy. He's a great alternative to what we're dealing with right now. At least that's my impression of him many times that I've had conversations with him. So let's go to the phone and see what Jay's got this morning. He Hey, thanks so much for calling. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 10: Hey, thanks Brian. Hey, wanted to thank you and also thank Jennifer Gross. We've been hearing so many Republicans talk about the six hundred million dollars of which you are going to be bigger than that with the Browns. And they preface it by saying, don't worry about it. Your taxes aren't going to go up because we're going to be raising bonds. Well too, don't worry about it because it's already in the budget. But we're going to issue bonds. And you you are the first person I've heard that asked the great question of who in the hill is going to service this debt? If not for the Ohio taxpayersh is this Columbus government. Are they creating a product or service that we don't know about? I mean, they're definitely you're stepping into the banking role, in the financing role. I don't know why Ohio banks aren't coming on glued saying how are we going to compete with the state of Ohio. They're going to be issuing bonds to give six hundred million dollars to a private business like the Cleveland Browns. I would think that their their stock would start to tank, and at fifth third and Chase and and the rest of them, which would start maybe banding together and saying if you're going to have to start competing with Ohio, you're in deep trouble. But I'm sick of the Republicans Party saying, don't worry about it, your taxes aren't going.
Speaker 1: To go up.
Speaker 10: I heard you say it, I've heard elected representatives say it. It's propaganda. And we give the left plenty of hell for their left wing media and and the left being on a propaganda tour. It could be Republicans in Ohio have nothing on CNN when it comes to big government spending. So good for you guys to call it out. And I'd say to everybody, get out here and vote no on issue too.
Speaker 5: Today.
Speaker 2: Well day, you know the debt service. You borrow the money, so it's not coming out of the general fund. This money for this slush fund that they have created and are now trying to enshrine the constitution. But the ability to borrow money to put into that Roads and Infrastructure Fund has to pay. You have to pay debt service ardt. It's like putting on a credit card tab. So it becomes wine an ongoing line item in the in the in the annual budget that must the debt service has to be paid for, so that takes money away from some other project. But Jennifer Gross said that they don't have a revenue problem in Columbus. They have a spending problem. And that's kind of what was boiled down. They don't want to make the tough decisions and say no, we can fund the broad roads, bridges and infrastructure, because that comes to the cost to other stuff they want to do well.
Speaker 10: And Mike DeWine raised the gas tax fifteen minutes after he was elected in his first term, and everybody remembers that it went up significantly because it was dire consequences, so that money should already be covered and if we would go back to take a look, it was, it was immediate. So vote no on this if we've got six hundred million dollars to throw at the Browns and we got millions, hundreds of millions to throw to vote no today, please well done, Brian.
Speaker 1: I'm with you, Jay.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that if you didn't hear Jennifer Gross podcast, that she did a wonderful analysis of this issue too. And so if you're confused and you're like, well, how come I see all these Republican and Democrat science saying vote yes on issue too? Follow the money the organized campaign to vote yes on issue too coming from unions there are gonna be the prime beneficiaries of these so called infrastructure projects. And do you know if your infrastructure structure project is going to be covered by this new money that's going into this fund. The answer is no. And the idea that you're gonna have any control over it. That's going to go to your neighborhood, your committee, that bridge that needs servicing that has been falling apart, or that you had to reduce your load on, like one in Giagara County. She pointed out, Man Columbus has never heard of Jeaga County. They don't have enough population to fund campaigns. All the big money is going to go to the larger communities, at least that's my perception. That's the perception of Jennifer Gross. Why we reward them and give them greater flexibility and well and you less make him go after the gas tax and and fix the roads with that. That's tough for work to do though it makes their jobs more difficult. Coming up at eight fifty five, Kenkober FLP President on the tragedy of that deputy getting mowed down by the father of the the eighteen year old with a clock twenty three to forty caliber the extended magazine, who ran from police out of a stolen car and brandished the firearm at the police officer. Try to make some sense of that, there is no sense to be made, and Ken Cober responding on behalf of the Well, the Union for the Insane Police Department, Jennifer Gross as I mentioned seven oh five this morning, Christopher Smithman, but he's on fire as he always is with the smith event Money Monday, and well, the rest of the material there at fifty five KRC dot com, like the iHeartMedia, which I can encourage you to download when you're over there checking it out. Folks, tune in tomorrow. We'll talk election day issues and probably Brightbart Inside Scoop and the regular stuff. Daniel Davis Deep Dive tomorrow. Have a wonderful day, folks. Thank you Joe Strecker for producing the program. Brother, I truly appreciate what you do. Folks. Stick around Glenbex coming right up. Stay on top of the day's biggest stories at the top of the hour.
Speaker 1: And that's so important.
Speaker 2: Another update coming up on fifty five KRZ the talk station.
Speaker 7: This report is sponsored by Mel