Speaker 1: Ripped off need so you don't have to.
Speaker 2: Come running.
Speaker 3: Just as fast as we can.
Speaker 4: Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 1: This. It's the Troubleshooter Show. No, Tom Martino, Welcome to the show, mister Martino. Hey, I'm Tom Martino. Welcome. I'm here. We know you're here. Oh I'm sorry. Hey, why isn't your camera up and running? Don't know, I'll go eyeball it in a second. It should be maybe are you sure you don't see it? No, I don't see it. But anyway, if I'm talking to those who are streaming, it's no, they don't see the camera. But well I'm on YouTube. Just not they're not on YouTube. And welcome to the show. By the way, everyone, Mark, what were you going to say? Is Car Day? Keep going? Brother? Well that's it, It's Car Day. We got Kevin Coukin sitting here. We've got an update with Dmitri. Boys, you miss a doozy yesterday. Somebody's trying to hood when he could call her. It's a crazy story. When you want to get into it, let us know and I can recap it. But let's let's see. Let's see what we got on tap here. It's car day. We're going to take calls on cars or anything else, but we emphasize cars. I found out some interesting things about cars, man, I've been doing a lot of research on different things, and God, there's just so much people are rushing. I've noticed to the EV market. That doesn't necessarily mean it's a good thing, but everyone is trying to get in. I'm wondering how fast is our EV's going to take over in general. But I think that's a good topic, and I think that I also want to examine how people can get ripped royally with leasing, but how they can be excellent. And then I want to talk about mechanically some things we're talking about with hybrids. Should we all go hybrid instead? Is that really a safe option? There's all kinds of stuff, So Mark, what is this problem? Let's start with it. Well, here's the bottom line. Dmitri get on there too, because you're really the guy working on this. The caller's name was what Chelsea. So Chelsea called up. She bought a car from Mile High Auto Sales. The car twenty fifteen Chevy Suburban. Yeah, so one hundred and sixty miles later, the dash lights up like a Christmas tree and something's going on with the transmission. She ends up at this this repair shop. She had a warranty on this car. By the way, they sell it three month warranty, yeah, with four thousand miles, So it's basically, hey, it's not a really bad car because they back it with that. So they have a three month, four thousand mile warranty on the car. She brings it over to a shop and the shop is called.
Speaker 5: Nichols up there around fiftieth and kipling on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Nichols Auto. What is a Nichols Auto Repair? I believe we'll get the exact stuff up. So Nichols takes it in and basically says it needs a transmission. She gives a warranty information to him. He calls up the warranty company and this is, according to him, the first time in fact, can we pull that up, Shannon? Do you still have that there? Or is that dragging back there? I'm not sure which one's back there. I'm gonna the way, I do have your camera up, so keep going. Your camera is up, then I'm gonna try to get that audio pulled up for you. But here's the bottom line. The guy tells us right on the air. After we get him on the air, he tells us he called up and got approval, although he didn't get an approval number from the warranty company and fixed it, and the warranty company doesn't want to pay him, so now she owes six thousand dollars. The problem with that is she never authorized your repair period at vendor story. She just gave him the warranty information. And but what about the yeah, yeah, So why is he went ahead and did it without getting approval for the warranty And now the warranty company is saying, there's no way it's six thousand dollars. We come out, we send an adjuster out, we look at it and make sure it's everything you're talking about. They're basically saying, you blew it. It's too late. We would have covered it, but this guy didn't. It didn't do what he was supposed to do. He didn't he didn't go through the process, and so I want to find out where it stands. One quick note, Kitchina, I really appreciate it. He got the camera up. Just do me a favor, though, Kelly. Just just move it over to where the beat on bra to the right side. Just just make it centered in the frame. You don't have to. When you look at YouTube, there is a lag when you try to set the camera and you're not getting an accurate picture of that. So just look at the viewfinder. Okay, So, Dimitri, what's new on it?
Speaker 5: Well, you know, yesterday after the show, I came into possession of a few really important documents, the most important of which is a letter from the warranty company to Chelsea in which they deny her claim. And what's useful about this?
Speaker 1: Deny it? You mean because of how it went down?
Speaker 5: Yeah, What's what's important about is the timeline of these events. Chelsea had the car delivered to Nichols on the thirteenth of January and.
Speaker 2: Now, oh, and then.
Speaker 5: I'm switching over to the letter that the warranty company sent to the caller on January twentieth. According to the warranty company, Nichols Auto Repair opened the mechanical claim on behalf of Chelsea's car. The representative from the warranty company told Nichols that they need to get freeze framed data for when the transmission codes were set, and that sounds pretty reasonable. Nichols said that they'll attempt to get that data for the warranty company, and then the letter skips over to January twenty second, in which they say that Nichols Utter Repair called the warranty company and said that there was no freeze framed data available and that the vehicle had already been repaired, and based on the fact that the warranty company wasn't able to examine the car before the repairs were affected, they're denying the claim.
Speaker 1: So, okay, well that sounds weird. I mean, you know, I mean no yet, I think, in my opinion, this guy's a total deadbeat and he didn't do anything right. Now he's holding her car hostage, and this poor woman just bought the car, and he screwed up every possible way there is to screw up. I had Kevin and Jeff both on and is you know I own good years forever and dealt with this stuff. Not one time, not one time, would we ever do a repair without having an approval number so you can get paid. The guys are moron. So the fact that he but okay, let's be clear here. If she took her car in there, I am I guarantee you somewhere there's an invoice that says she's responsible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm glad you brought that.
Speaker 5: I'm not to because in addition to the documentation I got from the warranty company, I also have a work order from Nichol's Order Repair, and Chelsea had confirmed that she actually signed it. Now, under the scope of work, all it says is transmission rebuild, which is which is pretty broad and that with Chelsea also, but.
Speaker 1: Dealer center there right, what's that dealer center there?
Speaker 5: No, she she told me that she else.
Speaker 2: He took her card.
Speaker 5: The dealer said that the transmission has a problem.
Speaker 1: And now here's what I want to know. Who chose the repair shot She did.
Speaker 5: She wanted to go specifically to Nichols because she's been dealing them with them for several years and she's had positive experiences there in the past, so she that she wanted them to complete the repairs. Unfortunately, Chelsea also has what I think is going to be a problem because the work order actually specifies transmission rebuild, nothing about diagnostics. It doesn't mention anything about a warrant and extended warranty. And also she checked off let.
Speaker 1: Me get this straight, when she took it to Nichols Nichols simply had her sign an invoice and did the repair.
Speaker 2: Is anoice, it's a work order. But but listen to what okay?
Speaker 1: And she signed a work order and now they want to be paid for the work. You know, there was nowhere mentioned go ahead.
Speaker 5: So isn't this So there are three boxes that she checked off, which I don't think she should have. One of those boxes says, I do not request the written estimate okay. The second box says that repair approval verbal okay, even though she had the option of checking written. And the third and final box, which doesn't really help her regarding the old parts, says I do not request the.
Speaker 2: Return of my old parts okay.
Speaker 1: And then she said, but here's what's even more important. Okay, here's what's even more important. Does anywhere on that work order does it mention a warranty?
Speaker 2: No, there is, There is no mention.
Speaker 1: Then why does Mark feel by them not checking with the warranty? Because he came on the freaking air and admitted it was that way. That's why Tom he was on the air and we have the recording of it. He said he was dealing with the warranty company they gave him approval, then all of a sudden they decided not to pay them, which is all come complete bs, because these warrants. Nichols literally lied saying that he called the warranty company when they worked it.
Speaker 5: I prefer to think of that as a inaccurate statement not currently supported by the evidens.
Speaker 1: Thank you, mister Biden. Thank you, mister Biden. Okay, so or Hunter, So when Dragon comes in, we'll find the audio so you can hear it. I mean, it's it's the most damning thing I've heard. But then the guy calls, why didn't he He should have just said he should have just said, I have a work order here. She took it in for a transmission, rebuilt period. She he didn't have to say a word. And because nothing references the warranty except him on the radio show, correct, is that right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And he gave us too conflicting.
Speaker 1: The only reference to a warranty is what he said on the radio show. Yes, So basically, right now, he has a car he wants to be paid for. And and and you guys are saying and I'm not just agree, I'm trying to get the facts. You guys are saying, he shouldn't be paid because he should have waited for approval on the warranty. I'm waiting. In my opinion, he's a liar, That's what I'm saying. And if he lied, Mark, Mark, if he lied, I get it, but I get it.
Speaker 2: But if he.
Speaker 1: Truly did rebuild the transmission now and we did not get it he did, we don't know what he did. He said he was dealing with the warranty company, and apparently he did. We get him back on. I'd like to talk to him. Yeah, No, he won't come right now. What is he saying? He did he rebuild her? Why did you? Did you blast him? No? I didn't blast him at all. I thought Dimitri was going to get somewhere on this, meaning this guy was going to come around. But I don't think he's going to do any How much does he want right now? This woman has nothing. How much does he want right now?
Speaker 2: Six?
Speaker 1: Okay, let's get her back on.
Speaker 5: I already sent her both an email and a text message asking her to call in right now if she has to time. And Uh, Tom, I think that it's important for me to actually update you on the second conversation we had with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you Ken when we come back. I'm Tom Martinez. We got more coming up on the Troubleshooger Show. Three oh three seven one three Talk seven one three two five five. Waterpros dot net the best water systems, the lowest prices ever. That's three oh three eight six two five five five four Whole house Systems now thirty one ninety five. You can't touch with the plumber for fifteen grand Waterpros dot net. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content than time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two almof the Air. Hey, I'm Tom Martine, your troubleshooter. Three o three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five to five. Okay, so listen, we're talking about this one car problem. She bought a twenty fifteen Chevy Suburban. She had some transmission problems. It was under a three month warranty. It was under the warranty. She took it to her but her person, somebody she trusted, Nichols. She signed a work order and then he rebuilt the transmission want six grand. So they asked him on the air, why'd you do this? You should get approval from her warranty company. Now, the work order doesn't mention the warranty. Nothing mentions the warranty in writing. But he acknowledged on the phone. According to all my guys that he said, Yeah, I called the warranty company and they approved the repair, and then they decided not to cover it. And Mark, you're saying that we talked to the warranty company and they never approved it. Is that right?
Speaker 5: We didn't talk to the warranty company. I got the denial that from the warranty company.
Speaker 1: He did not wa How do we know he didn't talk to the warranty company, That's all I'm asking.
Speaker 5: Actually, he did talk to the warranty company twice the first time he called them, he opened this claim and the warranty company said that they require certain diagnostic data in order to consider the claim. Approximately two days later he called them to say this is according to the warranty company. They said that Nichols called them a couple of days later said the tag diced agnostic.
Speaker 2: Well, two things that are very important.
Speaker 5: The diagnostic data that the warranty company had requested is not available. And the second thing was, by the way, I already fixed the thing anyway.
Speaker 1: Right, And that's what the warranty company tool.
Speaker 5: That's what the warranty company said in a letter. They denied the claim, and they highlighted the part of the warranty contract that says they need to have the opportunity to inspect the car.
Speaker 1: Okay, so the warranty company said. Warrant company said, Nichols called and and it was supposed to get them diagnostics. Instead it fixed.
Speaker 5: That's the name of the business. What is James, James that Nichols repair?
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, Well that sounds that sounds like he's got a problem. He went ahead and fixed it anyway. And I know why he did. He did because he thought, look at I got this car in my my house, my house here, I'm not gonna screw around with it. She signed the work order. I'm gonna fix it if she's gonna get paid. You know, That's what's going through his mind. So so nowhere, where are we at with this? What are we going to do with that? And how are we going to solve them? He acknowledged all this yesterday on the air.
Speaker 5: On the air, he claimed that he got verbal approval from the warranty company, and then off the air, he called me about an hour after that, and uh, and James said, Hey, I was nervous.
Speaker 2: I was on the radio. I misspoke.
Speaker 5: What I meant to say is that I called the warranty company to simply add, is this the type of repair that you cover?
Speaker 2: And they said yes?
Speaker 5: And that is I think substantially different from what he initially told us, and I, in my personal view, the second statement was crafted specifically for the response to our inquiries, whereas the first one was here is my here's the whole here's the entire question I want everyone to weigh in on.
Speaker 1: Here's the question. When we boil it all down, did he violate that work order?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: The wark order says rebuild the transmission.
Speaker 2: I disagree.
Speaker 6: He still has to provide an estimate of the cost and the time involved and everything else. He can't just she waved it. She waved, she waved a written estimate. She didn't wave the estimates. Okay, he agreed to a verbal one. Okay, a verbal estimate, which he never did he give her a verbal one?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Did he give her a verbal one? And does he claim he gave her a verbal one that I don't know? By the way, And by the way, Kevin, you know, Kevin, you know this as well. With a verbal estimate, even with a verbal estimate, you have to write down the time. And we have her, we have her on right now. Chelsea, have you been listening to this conversation.
Speaker 7: Just for about two minutes?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: What what? Let's go back to this. Did you verbally you, Chelsea? I got a couple of things to ask you. I got a couple of things to ask you, Chelsea. When you took the car in, he's presented you with a work order and you signed, and you signed it. Did you tell him about your warranty?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And did you give him the number? Did you give him the number to call? And all that? Right? Did you give him the number to call so he could call the warranty company. Okay, and then did did where you where? It said that you waved your right to a written estimate, but you would get a phone or a verbal estimate. Did you ever get a verbal estimate?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 7: I never got anything until the warranty company called me and told me they weren't going to cover it because the work was already completed.
Speaker 1: And so the work was already completed. And he had never given you an estimate ever. No, Okay, now here's what I want to ask you another simple question. Had he given you the estimate and said, Chelsea, it's going to be six grand, whether your warranty pays or not, what would you have said, Oh, don't do it.
Speaker 7: I'm going to go talk to the dealership that I got it from.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right. What does the dealer say now about this whole thing? Do they feel any responsibility or no? But they said no, we can't help it. You took it to your own guy, right. Yeah. Basically, so the question is did he violate? Did he violate that contract? And what does that cost? How much would you have paid for that transmission? Nothing? What? What? Let me ask you? I mean, you your warrant, you wouldn't have paid one hundred percent for it anyway, I doubt no. I mean I don't know what and that's why. How much were you expecting? How much were you expecting? How much wed you expecting to pay out of pocket for this transmission?
Speaker 7: I honestly didn't know, but I figured I would have to pay somewhere between one and two thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Okay? And did you, by the way, had this checked out before you bought it?
Speaker 8: Two dollars?
Speaker 1: Yeah? The guy called you already paid No? No, no, you already paid Nicholas a thousand. Explain why you paid him one thousand, Chelsea? Tell him about the phone call from the guy. Because he was going to wait for what he needed money before what.
Speaker 7: Before he could make payroll. He said his payroll was due and he had to pay his guys that worked on my car.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean it could be his payroll, could be brace for the kids. I don't care why he needed it. He needed it, but I don't Mark. It doesn't matter why he needed The question is I know now we got a car to get it back? What she said yesterday, though, Tom was this he needed that thousand? Then he was going to give it back to her, right, Chelsea, after he got paid by the warranty company. Yeah, probably, I probably. It probably was for teardown. There was probably teardown or something. Look at it doesn't matter what The main question is this. Does she owe him anything?
Speaker 3: Does it?
Speaker 1: Should he just let her have it free because he didn't follow proper procedure. I don't know what is the answer to this. I mean, here, here's the biggest overlying principle, and that is quantum maria marriwit marrowit quantum Marrowit means she got value on her car. Now he he went through the wrong procedure. Does she owe anything? She can't afford it? She didn't live. He said, well I got approval. I said, he got approval. Then he went back and said to Dimitri, well I didn't really get approval. They just said this is something they cover.
Speaker 2: Here's what do we do now?
Speaker 1: What is the Chelsea? When's the last time you talked to this guy? James over at Nichols.
Speaker 7: I believe I talked to him last week. That was the last time, right before, Yes, it was right before.
Speaker 1: I be paying you storage. Pretty soon he's gonna listen. He's going to charge you storage and you're going to lose your car. He's gonna put a lean on it. Okay, So I want to know this is your car paid for?
Speaker 7: Yes, it's paid for it.
Speaker 1: How much did you pay for it?
Speaker 7: The total was with the taxes was fourteen thousand, five hundred.
Speaker 1: Okay, guys, did you analyze that deal? I didn't even think about it. But anyway, for now.
Speaker 5: Because that was beyond the scope of her call. But I do have an equitable solution in mind, which is Chelsea can figure out what her share of the repair would have been had the repair been covered by the warranty company, then Nichols should accept that as full payment for the service. Because it's not Chelsea's fault that Nichols apparently jumped the gun.
Speaker 1: It's not it's not his fault. I mean her fault. But here's what I want to know, though, Did Nichols really do the work? If he's gonna lie, did he really do the work?
Speaker 5: That's what he says. He says the work has been done and the car is ready to go.
Speaker 1: Did you see the invoice. I'd like to see the invoice.
Speaker 2: No invoice. There is no invoice.
Speaker 5: The only documentation that was signed over there was the wark order, and Chelsea confirmed with me earlier this morning that she never got a written invoice.
Speaker 2: It was a verbal a mile ado when she.
Speaker 1: Spoke the work Just so you know, dimitria work order turns into an invoice sometimes sometimes it depends on how they do it. Sure. Sometimes there's an estimate. Sometimes there's an estimate, then it becomes a work order, then it becomes a final invoice. Sometimes they do separate docs. I agree, Kevin, How do you do it? How do you do it? Kevin?
Speaker 6: Yeah, our estimates convert into invoices. But it's I think number sure exactly. Okay, So here's what we're gonna do. We're gonna call over there and see we can get them on again. I mean, why not? Why not three oh three seven one, three eight two five.
Speaker 1: Five go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help you'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance. Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine, your troubleshooter three oh three seven to one three talk. It is card day today. We will get around to it sometime. But well, I mean, we are talking about cars. I shouldn't say that we are, but I'm in about other things about cars as well. Jay, what is your comment on this? Jay is one of our listeners who knows a lot about cars, calls in from time to time. What's your comment on this transmission issue? She goes in there signs of work order. The guy said, he called the warranty company, he did the work. He wants six grand warrant you won't pay.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think what versus? Look up the Automobile Repair Act because it's got tons of consumer protection in it. Forget a lawyer because they did something and we pretty much know it, Jay, so do you?
Speaker 1: So does Kevin. It says that when you bring a car in, you know you can wave your right to a written estimate, but you still have to at an estimate. Has to be. But if it's verbal, they have to keep a meticulous recording of when that was done, and then it can't if without the estimate, they can't go over a certain amount unless it is up for tear down and reassembly, which they have to disclose up front. All of that, Kevin, I don't see any violation. Well I do see a violation if he did not give her an estimate.
Speaker 2: Right, Oh, absolutely, that's the biggest issue.
Speaker 1: Well, let's just go back to He literally came on the air another question and said he got approval to do it somebody else. I get it. I get it. He came on the air and said, I talked to the warranty company. Blah blah blah. Go ahead, Jay, what were you going to say?
Speaker 10: Did she wave her right to the old parts?
Speaker 8: You have?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 10: For the rest of the public, that's the demonst thing you can never do. Don't do it, folks.
Speaker 1: Hey, if you wave your right to the parts, what happens to I got range parts? Hold on course, let me ask Chelsea something real quick. Chelsea, did you actually check those boxes that say you wave your right to the old parts or were they already checked? Not that it matters. But did you literally check them or what?
Speaker 7: I don't think so I did from what I was.
Speaker 1: That's what I figured. I think it's all pre checked trap or he went back and checked them later, to be quite honest, because I don't trust the guy as far as I can throw them.
Speaker 10: If she because her homework, she might be able to get him pretty good on this one. But if everything was done kind of wrong, he should certainly cut her a break and take payments period.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look at if she needs it anyway, right, if she needs it, she said, I would have talked to the dealer. But if she does need the transmission and she has it now, I mean it doesn't matter. It's not going to do any good technicalities. She's gonna ultimately need it anyway. She would have had to pay Kevin or somebody. No, but he did his job right. If he did his job right, the warranty company probably would have covered the whole damn thing. Oh okay, I never thought of that.
Speaker 10: He ought to help her out a lot. He really needs to help her, and she knows how to kind of money he needs to make payments. He screwed the poocher. He might want to just be a nice guy and make a good name for himself instead of really bad.
Speaker 1: He did screw the pooch as you put it, didn't he?
Speaker 8: He did?
Speaker 10: Didn't he?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 6: And he could be on the hook for three times damages too, interact. If she's successful in pursuing it through the state, he's liable for three times damages.
Speaker 10: You know what it would be?
Speaker 1: Actually, actually, you're right. We shouldn't gloss over the fact that he did not give her an estimate.
Speaker 2: No, that's a big key to that ball.
Speaker 1: And he admits that he well, in a way, he admits it on the air because he's giving the estimate and getting the approval from somebody else. He's the one that says that he never talked to her. Okay, So if she never got an estimate, you know what, here's the deal. Here's the deal. I believe that we should go a step further now and press him on the Auto Repair Act. And in fact, I think she should sume in small claims court. Well, here's the problem with that. I thought of that yesterday. She hasn't paid for the car yet, what is she suing for the car? The car's value was over that. What is she suing for in small claims it's got to be done. No, no, yeah, she's suing for the sixth grand and here's your reasoning, or for the cost of the repair because he violated the Auto Repair Act, which calls for trouble damages, and she's willing to settle for the cost of the transmission. I just I've never sued in small claims court without a monetary dollar figure, so I don't know mark the monetary dollar figure. I get what you're saying. You'd put six dollars, and if I was him, I would answer why I've never taken six thousand dollars from her. No, but he wants six thousand, and she wants she wants. What do you think to me? I don't know.
Speaker 6: Well, you know what, I don't know if I'd go to small claims only because of limitations, she can go to the county DA, and the DA can pressed criminal charges on this.
Speaker 2: With the Colorado Repair Act.
Speaker 1: What are the chances of getting a DA to take something on the do you know do something on the Water Repair Act?
Speaker 2: There are some that are very aggressive.
Speaker 5: In Jefferson County cases, a chef go so je goes not bad by the way.
Speaker 11: No, I would pursue that first. That doesn't get her car back yet though. Yeah, so we need to figure out a way for her to get her car. Okay, that's true. We got to figure this out.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Dmitri during break call this guy and say, look, we got to work this out. There seems to be a violation of the Auto Repair Act, which could get you treble damages. Well, how about just making a deal with her to pay something or to make monthly payments on something. Let's try to work this out. I mean, just just talk. I mean he's not belligerent.
Speaker 2: He just tried.
Speaker 1: Kelly just tried to get him back on the air, and he's not coming back on Kelly. What did he say out of cure? Kelly, ask him if he'll talk, Ask him if he'll take my call off the air. If I call him off the air, Please ask him that off the air. Okay, just to talk and uh, okay, gender to gender, I say that so we can pick whatever it is, Okay. Three oh three seven, one, three eight two five five more coming right up. Stay tuned, Dominic, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot Com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Tom Martino, you're a troubleshooter three all three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Welcome to the show. Okay, listen, we got so much to talk about. I want to get past this problem. Not that it's a bad problem, it's a good problem. So let's talk to Dominic. He has a comment. Go ahead, Dominic. I don't know what this comment is about. Go ahead.
Speaker 8: I don't have any comments about you. You must be famous. I got people saying, wait a minute, Martin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wait a minute. Are you the world famous Dominic of sausage and peppers?
Speaker 12: You got it, Dominy.
Speaker 1: I thought you were on death Sora a few times.
Speaker 10: Yeah, well I'm getting there.
Speaker 8: My god.
Speaker 1: Man, No, seriously, you had some ups and downs. Brother, How are you doing?
Speaker 8: I'm just hanging in there and listening to you.
Speaker 1: Back in the day, Mark he would drop by sausage and peppers right to the studio and yep, man, you make some good sausage and peppers. Oh yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: So what happened to those good old days?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, they can't be gone. They can't be gone forever. They still make sausages.
Speaker 1: What are you doing these days, sir, I'm just ticking up a lot of the ear. So where do you hang out at that bar?
Speaker 8: Si?
Speaker 1: Ah?
Speaker 2: That bar has been gone?
Speaker 1: What bar was it? I'm curious, Old Mill. It would.
Speaker 13: Jo restaurant?
Speaker 1: Huh in Littleton?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: I love sausage and peppers, you know, you know, for a cheap dish years ago, believe it or not, listen to this Applebee's had a sausage and peppers served on a skillet about twenty years ago for under ten bucks. It was just delicious. I'm sure it's nothing compared to his. But you just can't go to a restaurant anymore and get sausage and peppers. Now you can. Actually, there are some that Mark that have them as appetizers. Actually, there are some.
Speaker 2: Get them as the main course.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Gaitanos, of course. Viali on Colorado Boulevard. Viali is a small Italian place. Again, it's not like right home to Mama about Italian, but it's damn good and it's they have they have sausage and peppers, really good, really good, and it's an appetizer, but it is hard.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: The best those you can get is Caninos.
Speaker 8: It's here in Denver.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm training to go to a local family, a local family, and you get to see how the sausage is made. Yeah, I'm telling you.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 1: You listen, take care of yourself, brother, and and uh, don't do anything drastic without letting me know. I like, if you're getting sick, call me. I'm just kidding you sound good.
Speaker 8: Do anything drastic? What do?
Speaker 1: What does that mean?
Speaker 8: Don't name it after you?
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly, all right? Three O three seven one three eight two five five. Mark has a car warranty issue. We'll start with you right now. Mark, go ahead. What's the issue?
Speaker 14: Yeah, Hi, Tom and Mark. Yeah, I've got a new BMW X three and uh, the parking sensor stopped working and I brought it in they said they found a tiny part in the censor and they consider that road damage and they won't cover it in an.
Speaker 1: Organ They suck. I'll leave it. Okay, you hold on, believe it or not it has something similar. Hang on. I'm Tom Martino. We'll talk about that in more three oh three seven one three talks seven or three two five five. And I like him because he addressed us properly. Tom and Mark More coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contenth time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: You need advice so you don't have.
Speaker 2: Come running.
Speaker 1: Just as fast as we can.
Speaker 4: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 15: Come man, this is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm Tom Martino, you're a troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Here to help you anyway we can to solve problems, ask questions, say can plays make your life a little easier. In addition, of course to the festivities here on KHOW our flagship station from iHeart and then the iHeart Radio WAP all over the country and our affiliations in Colorado Springs with care too. And we also have YouTube, and we stream to YouTube and then downloads all platforms, thousands and thousands and thousands of downloads, so you're listening to these at different times. I urge you, if you ever want to know the follow up of a case to call. We had one situation where it started out with the contractor being pretty bad. Turned out the contractor wasn't that bad. The person on the on the stream or the download didn't hear the follow up. So always ask if you ever want to know, Hey, whatever happened with this or that. I know a lot of you listening right now. For example, we'll be on a treadmill and it'll be at ten at night or at six in the morning. Some people actually listen and I put them to sleep. I don't know what the hell that means that should be good or bad, But anyway, I have people listening from Alaska, Sitka. I have people listening from a small fishing village out there, and then I have people listening from all over. Mark, we get emails from all over, don't we It's fun, yep. And so I want to send some swag to the furthest regions of our listeners. So please text me and text me on my Google phone seven four seven nine nine fifty two. I want to I want to go back to this consumer thing after I take Mark's been waiting patiently, and then I'll go back. And I talked to the garage off the air to just settle down the temp a little and just talk to him off the air and just really get his side of the story. And again I think there is a lack of communication and understanding here. I do not believe a ripoffice happening. I just don't believe it. Now. If I did, I would say it. There's no reason for me not to. I don't know this person from Adam. Now, Mark, you were talking about a car warranty issue, a Beamer X three with a parking sensor that stopped working. I have a Beamer X seven. It's just a They're all the same, they just have different sizes. And by the way, the seven, the seven was way too useless and big. I mean it is, it's so big. I love it, but it's big. I never needed it. The M fifty I had a loaner, the X three loaner. What a perfect vehicle, you know. I mean it's a perfect vehicle. So what year is yours?
Speaker 14: It's twenty twenty four. Last year it's M Series two.
Speaker 1: So it's sweet, it really is. I mean, I don't think people realize. Now, Kevin will tell you, yes, yes, Tom, You're gonna like it until it gets about fifty thousand miles on it.
Speaker 6: Then what happens, keV. Then it starts leaking everything everywhere. Yeah, it just starts adding those and.
Speaker 1: It's very expensive to maintain. Yep, So listen, mark this parking sensor. Under warranty. All things are covered under warranty that are covered under warranty, except if there is any kind of external damage. That's what they're trying to say about your censor. How did they say it happened?
Speaker 14: Well, I looked at it. You know, the message comes down and says clean, you know dirty, sense that clean. I've cleaned that. I looked at it with no physical dam as. You can't say, how do.
Speaker 1: You clean a sensor? Is it you're talking about like the round circle? That little round Yeah, and now it won't calibrate.
Speaker 14: Yeah, well it won't work. They say it's dirty, it doesn't function.
Speaker 1: Well, wh're they're sealed? Yeah, so where did the dirt go?
Speaker 14: You know, use caution, use caution when backing up because the parking assist is not active.
Speaker 1: Mark. What I'm asking you is this If they say there's a spec in there, they're sealed plastic units. Kevin, help me describe it.
Speaker 2: It's a sensor. It's a mini light bulb if you will.
Speaker 1: And and the only place specs can get her on the outside. Are they saying it damaged the lens?
Speaker 14: No, there's I mean, if you look at it, it's a circle and then there's like an inner circle and there is like a gap between two little pieces. I'm assuming they're saying a little rock up between those two pieces, and that's what's bothering the sun.
Speaker 1: They're sealed. Are they more on? By the way, have you tried spraying it with anything like alcohol or duh? W it looks yeah, did you spray it?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 1: But did you spray it or air? Put a lot of air in there and then spray it with like a contact cleaner. I mean you might want to try that. But by how much is this repair going to cost?
Speaker 14: Originally they said nine dollars and then they I think they took off the diagnostics and they said, okay, maybe six.
Speaker 1: Hundred dollars and which BM which dealer is this?
Speaker 14: It's humped in Highlands Ranch. I'm about to head there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pick it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, So you're not getting it fixed, right, or you did well?
Speaker 14: I think they already fixed it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well that's because I think I did you ask for the old part.
Speaker 3: I'm going to.
Speaker 1: Well, it's too late. They don't have to give it to you. You have to ask for it before.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 14: I think I'm hoping they'll give it to you if they can give me that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll ask them now. From now on, if you don't want these issues, go to Sonic the Sonic. Hey, I'm telling you, they're good people. Downtown Denver, they call it. It's on Colorado Boulevard. Have you seen them?
Speaker 16: Yes, I'm familiar with them.
Speaker 14: I actually a couple of good BMW places. But this is warranty, you know, it's like it should be warranty, so you have to go to the dealer.
Speaker 1: No, I get it. That's why I'm telling you about Sonic. Let me explain something about Shamp. God is so sad Ump was a good dealer. Lisa Schamp took it over from her dad, but it went to hell. Her son is an idiot. He's an idiot and basically ran the place into the ground in my opinion, when it comes to customer service and sales. So I know you thought, well, I'm going to a well established shop dealer. What you're going to is trash and it's too bad. And that goes for all the shop dealers. We get a lot of complaints about Shamp. I could have predicted it with Shamp. And the kid doesn't know anything. I say, the kid, I don't even know how old he is right now. But nepotism doesn't always work, not always. In this case, it's a failure. Now, in some cases things actually get better. Leo Pain used to be a dealer, an old line dealer, Leo Pain. I used to call him jokingly Leo pain in the ass. And because every dealer he had was a pain in the ass, I had nicknames for every dealer. I remember Cherry Creek dodging the truth, and I remember Leo pain in the ass, and im I remind Doug spending your money. Who else was there? There were all kinds. I always had nicknames for him. But I will tell you this, as far as Cherry Creek, Dodge and and that family, that guy, uh, he actually turned out to be one of the better dealers. I'm telling you, Doug Morland actually turned out to be one of the deals better. He's straightforward, he takes care of problems. And uh, I think his brother works with him, right, Mark, does his brother work with him or anyway? So just learn how to park your car, say six hundred bucks? Yeah, okay, but if you if you owe, Mark's not in the seat. That's why you didn't answer. But here here's the bottom line. If you if you don't, if you if you shouldn't pay for it, you shouldn't pay for it. So when you get that old part hey, Kevin, are you buying that particle?
Speaker 2: Bit?
Speaker 1: I mean, obviously they don't go bad. They just don't go bad.
Speaker 6: But I can't see anything hitting it where they're mounted. I mean, that would be like a one in a million shot.
Speaker 1: You know, or getting in between the two. I don't even think there are two layers. Yeah, like Mark, when you say you look inside it and you see an outer circle in an inner circle, can you take like, let's say, a razor blade and feel a little crack there, like like in other words, are they two pieces?
Speaker 14: Yeah, it's kind of like there's a gromet and there's like an inner piece.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 5: I haven't.
Speaker 14: I haven't seen what they said, you know, or where the particle might have been, but you know that's what they're blaming it on that, And it's almost you know, I guess I could see if a rock hit it and that dented the sensor or something like that, then yeah, I understand that's broad damage. But you know, just some little particle that got stuck in there.
Speaker 1: That's I'm going to tell you something. I'm going to tell you something that's going to be really enlightening. So they're saying it's not warranty, right, so that means that you're going to pay for it. How much you want to bet that is run through as a warranty item and they still get paid for it. That's just my evil self thinking that I said how much you want to bet. I didn't say it's going to happen. This is my evil self thinking.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: The way that works is by emitting a sound frequency from a small I'm reading this obviously it's not coming out of my head, a small transducer in the bumper. Now listen. This is specifically on the X three, which then bounce off nearby objects and detected by the same transducer. So it's a bounce back, which means a particle would have unless it's bouncing off the particle within it. They're full of crap, is what I'm saying. So it's not visual, it's it's sound. It emits a sound wave, sound waves. That's one of the reasons they use ultrasound when they're doing imaging on people, because it's not affected like some of the other waves are affected. So you might want to tell them you know about that. Tell me, Explain to me how a particle can block an ultrasound wave. Ask him that an ultrasonic wave. Why don't you ask him? I would really talk to the service manager, did you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I will.
Speaker 14: You know, I'm on my way there.
Speaker 1: In fact, if you want, I wouldn't mind having one of our peeps call right now, like having Deputy D or deputy doc right now and say, explain to us how an ultrasound technology says. We have somebody in the studios and all, who's an auto guy who says the chances of that? And and and Kevin, Not only would it have to be a spec it would have to be big enough to block an ultrasound wave.
Speaker 6: Well, if it was big enough to let that in to the me, that's the defect in the part it should be.
Speaker 1: And just so other people know, this the way ultrasound works and the way anything works, and not anything but things like this. Ultrasound sends out sound waves in a pattern. Okay, now, if one of those waves, it sends out more than one. An ultrasound sends out more than just one wave. When it's when one of them is blocked, the other ones go through and they do a mini Some of these ultrasounds have what's called a it's a mini majority report. What that is is they take the whole of the waves and read the majority. So even if there was a particle that could block a sound wave, it's not going to block all of them. So I don't get what they're saying. I just don't get what they're saying, Kevin. Can you think we're a particle really truly could totally block an ultrasound sensor and then the other sensors don't work either, you're saying, is that right? Well, I don't know.
Speaker 14: They said it was probably the frontmost sensor. There's a whole bunch of sensors on there.
Speaker 1: But why would that shut down your rear sensor? Why would it shut down your rear sensor?
Speaker 2: Everything?
Speaker 14: I think once one of them goes out, they don't trust any of them.
Speaker 1: That's not true at all. And you know how I know that take your tire sensors. One can go out, you'll still have the others.
Speaker 10: That's true.
Speaker 1: And if I could, by the way, order a car without tire sensors, I would do it every time. I like the parking sensor, especially for my I'm not going to say it. Never mind, I almost got in trouble. I'm not going to say I like the parking sensor, and it can preserve wheels and it can preserve all kinds of tire rashes. But in any case, d do you mind talk to him? Find out who the service Just say, I'm out of curiosity. We want to know how these ultrasound waves can be blocked since it's not a visual sensor. Just see what they say. I'd like to hear their explanation. I think this is just a way to go and call the station.
Speaker 3: Tom.
Speaker 1: Why, well, you said you want you want the service miner to explain it, so while just call ahead. Well, I'm saying call ahead so the guy and say, look, we just got a call and we're curious about this. You know, listen, doc, if you don't want to do it, could you do it? Somebody do it? Just just call ahead. I don't want to wait. I want to he gets there. They know that we're on the case. Three oh three seven to one three eight two. Did I take the fifteen break? I did. I'm surprised here, so I only have to I actually already took that fifteen break. No I didn't. Okay, if you say I did, I'm not gonna take a break. I didn't. I know, See I was, I was screwing up, all right, Hold on we're gonna talk and I'm gonna have a follow up on this. H James over at Nichols Automotive and how that went down his side of the story, his real side of the story, without painting him as a villain. More on that coming up on The Troubleshooter Show three oh three seven one three eight two five five By the way, eight eight eight Heating dot com high efficiency replacements at the best prices, and I mean that sincerely. You put him to the test. Now, that doesn't mean you have to have brand for brand and item number for item number. You mean if you get a multi stage ninety eight percent efficient unit and they can't beat the price they say they will eight eight eight Heating dot com, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot Com. You don't pay a cent until you're content of time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real Estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Tom Martino here, Welcome three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five Teresa, an issue with a shed? Teresa? What's going on? Hi?
Speaker 8: I was referred to you by my dennist because I've got a little bit of a problem. My son went into h a shed company there in Pueblo, West and it's a place where you buy shed and you own type of thing. Yeah, he went in there.
Speaker 13: Uh, he purchased the shed.
Speaker 8: What he thought, Okay, where?
Speaker 12: What?
Speaker 1: Which? What's the name of the company.
Speaker 8: It's a F G L l C. It's okay.
Speaker 1: And then okay, then what and this is a this is one of those big portable sheds, right like a tough shed.
Speaker 13: Yes, absolutely, so what okay?
Speaker 1: What happened?
Speaker 8: Then he went in and he was going to uh buy this shed to turn it into a tiny home.
Speaker 1: He is, And when did you buy it?
Speaker 8: In it's the search estate is uh in February of last year.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, February of last year. So okay, so we're talking about a year ago basically.
Speaker 8: Yes, but this has been a roller coaster ride for me since that day, all right?
Speaker 13: They okay?
Speaker 1: And two where was he going to put the shed? By the way, where was he going to put it on.
Speaker 13: My property?
Speaker 1: So okay, keep going. They got it.
Speaker 8: So the Leland from the shed company, it's called Leland Shed's in Pueblo West. From what I understand, I've never been there and I live in the Hunt.
Speaker 1: I thought you said it was ASG LLC. But Leland Shed's Okay, got it.
Speaker 8: It's a subsidiary company of AFT. It's a large company.
Speaker 1: Okay, I got it.
Speaker 8: Companies got it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a dealer for SG. Got it. So then what happened?
Speaker 8: Yeah, they came and they called me and to place the shed on my property. They needed my permission because I own the property. Right then, let that my son was handicapped and he cannot read. He's on the spectrum. So I double check with him and made sure. And my exact words were, Look, I'm gonna pull alone. This shed has nothing to do with me of this, then I will agree to place it on my property for my son.
Speaker 1: Teresa, let me ask you, Teresa, Teresa, I need to ask a bunch of questions. Okay, how old is your son?
Speaker 8: My son is thirty eight this year.
Speaker 1: Is he incompetent? Are you his guardian?
Speaker 8: I am not his guardian. His girlfriend ten years is his guardian.
Speaker 1: He is so he literally has Wait a minute, he literally has a guardianship. He is not independent.
Speaker 8: No, they filed for a guardianship through Social Security. He is on disability to Social Security.
Speaker 1: And when was he declared? When was he declared a ward of her.
Speaker 8: I believe eight years ago?
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, so this is not recent, got it? So he's not just you're not just making this up about this purchase. But when he went there, would they have known that? And I know that's a silly question, but is well who was he with? Was he with his guardian?
Speaker 8: It was with his guardian?
Speaker 1: Okay? Did she sign?
Speaker 8: Yes? And I informed them on the phone that he was.
Speaker 1: Was I'm asking, I'm asking this question. I need an answer to did she sign with him?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 8: He signed. But see that's where the problem.
Speaker 1: What did she say? What did she say about it? Uh?
Speaker 8: She was she went out to the car because of what had happened.
Speaker 9: They she the.
Speaker 8: He could not sign anything. So what they did was they put all my information on the contract.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, Now, did they put your information on the contract that day or did they put it on the contract before delivery? When did they put information on the contract about you.
Speaker 13: That day?
Speaker 3: So Wit that day?
Speaker 1: Hello, I'm here, I'm listening you were talking.
Speaker 8: Oh, they put all my social security, my address, my name. They eventually sold the building to.
Speaker 1: Me, but he signed his name on the phone hold on Teresa when they sold the car. So back in February of twenty twenty four, your son called you from there and said, Mom, I'm buying a shed and they need your information.
Speaker 8: They need your permission to put it on your property.
Speaker 1: I get that. But in essence, when you filled out this information and gave them the information over the phone, did you sign anything?
Speaker 8: No? I did not give them any information over the phone. I agreed to place the building on my property. They said I needed to prove.
Speaker 1: How did you? How did you agree to that? How did you agree to that? Without giving them information?
Speaker 8: I sent them a I emailed them a copy of my driver's license to prove that I owned the property. That's how they got all the information.
Speaker 1: Okay, where was he living before this? Where was he living before this?
Speaker 8: Homeless?
Speaker 1: Okay? So got it now. Listen, I need to speed through some of this. And I'm not asking now remember this, I'm not asking if you agree with what happened. I'm asking if it did happen at any time, any time at all, anytime when this company. Did you sign your name to any document whatsoever?
Speaker 8: I signed my name to a document that said the shed was delivered to my property? Okay, the only thing I know.
Speaker 1: And do you have a copy of that document?
Speaker 8: Yes, sir, I have a copy of the original contract.
Speaker 13: See.
Speaker 8: And the problem with it.
Speaker 1: Is hold on, just wait, Teresa, Teresa on that on that original contract, how was this paid.
Speaker 8: For through my son's Social Security card? Well?
Speaker 1: What do you what do you mean by that? How much was the shed? How much was the shed?
Speaker 8: The shed was seventeen thousand dollars?
Speaker 9: He was Did he pay for it?
Speaker 1: Did he pay for or finance it?
Speaker 8: He financed it?
Speaker 1: How much did he put down?
Speaker 8: I have no idea.
Speaker 1: And so he's making payments out of his Social.
Speaker 13: Security yes, direct withdrawal.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, and he did that without his guardian signing. He's not allowed to.
Speaker 8: That's correct.
Speaker 1: Well, then how did he do it?
Speaker 8: I have no idea because now.
Speaker 1: Wait, wait a minute. The answer is this. Let me give you some answers, Teresa, because you're not really forthcoming, and I know why because I'm interrupting you. But there's a reason. I have a feeling that you're trying to build the case. And I get you. You didn't sign for it, you didn't want it, you didn't buy it. They're holding you responsible. But here's the deal. There are so many things that did not happen. For example, there is no way he could finance this all zero. He had no means to finance. And if he had a Social Security check and made arrangements for direct withdrawal, he can stop that immediately because they cannot tap his government benefits and his guardian would have had to have signed for it. Okay, So that is number one. Number two, there is no way they would have left that building on your property with just permission to deliver it. We're going to find somewhere where you signed to purchase it. I know you don't believe you did, but there is no way that this company is going to leave a seventeen thousand dollars shed financed by a disabled person on Social Security in Pueblo, West without getting anything from you as the owner. Well, then, so if you can give us all of your paperwork, we would be happy to help you. And your dentist probably told you that I will be happy to help you. But I need to make a difference between your impression of what happened and what really happened. That's what I need to do, okay, because your impression of what happened may not be what really happened, and we need to get to the bottom of it, and I want to, but we're not going to do it in this phone conversation. We are going to get all of the documentation, every single sheet that you have.
Speaker 8: Is that okay, that's absolutely fine. But the documentation, babe, the contract, my son signed the contract with my information on.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter. That doesn't obligate you. That doesn't obligate you.
Speaker 8: Bank said it did and they took me to court.
Speaker 1: Well okay, well I guess you should have told me that. Wait a minute, So did you get a judgment against you?
Speaker 8: Yes, the the company.
Speaker 1: Then Teresa, Teresa, I will guarantee you one thing. You signed for it. I'll guarantee it you signed for it.
Speaker 2: Teresa.
Speaker 5: Did you go to court or was this a default judgment.
Speaker 1: She went to Okay, that's good quick.
Speaker 8: And the judge stated in the court I proved to him, I did not sign this contract. This contract is not even legal because it has my information all over it and my son's signature. He cannot get the.
Speaker 1: Judge ruled against you. Why did the judge rule against you? I got to take a break. This is a mystery. So she goes to court. A judge and a court of law says you are responsible for this, and there is nowhere anywhere that she signed for it. This is the biggest mystery. So now I need the court case number and the transcripts and then we'll look at it. But Teresa, I don't think you truly understand what happened. But there are ways out of it. That's the good news. Hang on more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven seven to one. Help You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter. I want to recap this problem. I really want to recap what's really happening here. Okay, now listen carefully, and I want some opinions. And I want to know if somebody can. We need to get the documents, Dee. I want you to get these documents and parse through this. Her disabled son, who has a guardian, bought a shed from Leland's Sheds in February twenty twenty four for seventeen thousand. He made arrangements for direct withdrawal from his Social Security check, even though she claims his guardian never agreed to that. By the way, his girlfriend has been his guardian for the past eight years because he is legally incompetent. She said they delivered the shed to her home and she signed for delivery only for delivery, but Leland's contends she is the actual purchaser. They even got a judgment against her in court. Okay, now here's some quick questions, because I know that's the story. How much is the judgment?
Speaker 8: There was no judgment. It was I did not. I filed for storage fees because the shed had been on my property for nine months. The judge denied that.
Speaker 1: Hold on they I thought you said before we went to break you got to help me out here. Because I'm confused. You said they got a judgment. So they did not get a judgment.
Speaker 8: They got the shed. They were to pick up the shed. That was their judgment.
Speaker 1: Okay, there was no other money due by your son or you.
Speaker 8: No, they tried to get me to pay attorney's fees and.
Speaker 1: For Oh that's good, So you didn't really you didn't really lose anything. You're right back to square one.
Speaker 8: Uh no, sir, that's that's where it starts. Uh. They were told to pick up the order from the judge on August or.
Speaker 13: The paperwork says on.
Speaker 8: August twelfth.
Speaker 1: They listen, Teresa, Teresa, they took you to court. Is that right?
Speaker 13: Yes?
Speaker 8: They did.
Speaker 1: What was the end result? Just get right to the end result. What was the order?
Speaker 8: The order was they had seven days to pick up the shed. I was to remove all fencing and property and I did so. They did not come pick up the shed within that seven days. They showed up on September fourth. At that time, the shed had been abandoned. So I told them take me back to court and I want storage fees. When they took me, uh, they didn't take.
Speaker 1: This story. Hold on. This story is going to be a mini series on Netflix. Hang on for that or Hulu. I'm gonna sell the rights. Hold go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here, three oh three. Hey, we're running out of time, okay, because we've had some really really complicated calls here. But here's what I'm gonna do, Teresa. I need to finish up. You need to finish up real quick. What happened when they took you back to court? What happened.
Speaker 8: Did not go back to court. They went back to court in Octa and got a order from the judge. After they had abandoned the shed for seventy days, they got an order from the judge to come and destroy my property whichever way they wanted to to retrieve the shed. And that was. They were supposed to be here again on October twenty fifth. They missed that date, but the sheriff showed up on October twenty eighth and beat me up. They broke five of my ribs, knocked my teeth out, and gave me a concussion.
Speaker 1: Okay, Teresa, this is whey. This is honest to god. This is truly a mini series on Hulu. Hang on go with a sure thing Denvers Best Roofer, Excel roofing dot Com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up, free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out out now three all three, seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Yeah, ripped up.
Speaker 4: News needs who you don't have? Come running just as fast as we can. Show Shooter's gonna help Come Man.
Speaker 15: Dix is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hello.
Speaker 1: Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. We got some lively calls that went on today and we got one that we're I don't know, we'll continue with it. I do want to help her, okay. I want to make that clear to her if she's on the line. I do want to help you. I really do. But you have to admit this is the weirdest story and I'm gonna recap it again. Now listen carefully. I'm going to recap it.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Her disabled son went to Leland's Sheds to buy a shed to use as a tiny home because he disabled it homeless. The purchase price was seventeen grand. He made arrangements for direct withdrawal from a social securety check to finance it, even though even though his guardian didn't agree to it, and his girlfriend has been his guardian for eight years Okay, now, I doubt that would ever happen. Next the girlfriend, Oh, I'm sorry. Basically, then, Teresa says, when they delivered the shed, they had her signed something and she said it was just for delivery, but they claimed she was the purchaser, so they took her to court. Now, Teresa, one thing I don't understand. Why did they take you to court the first time? Did your son not make payments? What were they taking you to court the very first time for?
Speaker 8: Because the shed was in my name and I refused to make payments on it.
Speaker 1: And he was okay, got it all right, that's all Teresa, This all I'm honest to God. Please just wait. So they took her to court because she would not make the payments. Okay, Now here's what happened after that. She in court, the judge said, take the shed back and let's undo this mess. They needed to pick it up within a certain time amount of time or a certain time frame. They did not pick it up as ordered by the courts. So then she said, we'll screw you. I'm not keeping my fence down and all that I want, and I also want storage. Okay. They went back to court and they got an order to pick it up again. This time they came back with a share and she said they beat her up. They broke her ribs, knocked out her teeth and then take the story from there.
Speaker 2: Then what.
Speaker 8: They gave me a concussion, scarred up my arms and bruised me up. I have videotapes of it all and body cameras of it all. I went to court.
Speaker 1: Now, did they do it because you were trying to stop them?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 8: They had no warrants, so.
Speaker 1: You were resisting. You were resisting a warrant. You were resisting it a court order?
Speaker 8: Yes, because the court order.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now, so then what happened? Keep going that well you in your opinion, it wasn't go ahead, keep going.
Speaker 8: They removed me, They took me to the hospital. They arrested my disabled daughter, put her in a car, and left.
Speaker 1: So your daughter's disable to.
Speaker 8: Yes, they left, Tony.
Speaker 1: Are her minor children disabled? Are they disabled?
Speaker 8: No? No?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: What else?
Speaker 8: They took down the fence, which was trespassing, and they came onto the property, took the shed off the property, come to the hospital, released me with a ticket, and they released my daughter from the car. And then they arrested me for a child abuse and neglect.
Speaker 1: The child abuse and neglect how.
Speaker 8: Because the children were because shed no, because they were left on the property unintended from what I understand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's not why. Listen, I know you want to Teresa. If I'm going to help you, if we're going to look into this, we need complete transparency. Now. It's it's obvious if they sent you to the hospital and arrested the mother and those two kids were left on the property, it's pretty obvious they're not going to charge you for neglect. So you're leaving out a part of the story and later on we're gonna find out what it is after you come clean. But but that's not why they arrested you for neglect. That's not why. Okay, that's not why, because they're the ones that put you in the hospital and your daughter was arrested, and if those kids were left there, the police aren't gonna say, oh, by the way, you left your kids. Okay, it just doesn't make sense. So don't try to get it to make sense, because I'm not gonna believe it because that's what you're telling us happened.
Speaker 8: Right, It's all on video.
Speaker 13: Tape.
Speaker 8: I have it on video cap.
Speaker 1: Okay, so so they knowingly, they knowingly took you to the hospital and arrested the mother and left the kids there and then charged you for leaving the kids there.
Speaker 8: Oh, babe, the children were not were not my daughter's children. They were my foster children.
Speaker 1: And why did they if they were your foster children, why did they charge you for leaving them? If you were sent to the.
Speaker 8: Hospital I had asked. I demanded from the cops before they arrest me, that they have Department and Social Services come and take custody.
Speaker 13: Of the children.
Speaker 2: And what happened then.
Speaker 8: There was no caseworker available, so they removed the adults office, they took the shed, They let the adults all go, and they left. About a month later, I went to court to file some paperwork and they arrested me for child abuse and neglect.
Speaker 1: And the date Okay, it had nothing. It had nothing to do with that. It had nothing to do with that day. It was the condition they found your foster children. How old are your foster children?
Speaker 8: Fourteen? And and she turned twelve?
Speaker 1: Okay, Now how long have you had these foster children?
Speaker 13: Eight years?
Speaker 1: And tell me what they found wrong? With the kids. Were they taken away from you?
Speaker 8: I don't know. They arrested me, and the date of the incident was the date that I got beat up.
Speaker 1: Well, that was the day they discovered their condition. That was the day they discovered their condition. Listen, Teresa, I know you want to make it sound like they arrested you, took you away, and then charged you for leaving them. That's not what it was. I know that's what you want us to believe, but that's not what it is. When they examined those children, they were probably horrified by something and they charged you. Where are those kids now?
Speaker 8: The children saw social services. They came after I was taken to the hospital. A caseworker came and she said she told the cops that the boy was old enough to monitor the girl. There was no obvious abuse or neglect, so she refused to take custody of the children.
Speaker 13: The children, Okay.
Speaker 1: So where did they go?
Speaker 5: Then?
Speaker 8: They stayed here? Huh until a week later they ran away from home. And when they ran away from home, the placed with their biological mothers, and I was arrested for child abuse and neglect.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that's what happened. They ran away from home. They went to their biological mom and they said, please save us from this crazy lady. Whether you believe it or not, that's what they did. That's why they arrested you. So you see, now that's the more accurate rendition. They ran away to their mom and said, please help us. What specifically were the charges for. What are they saying or what is the biological biological mom saying you did to the foster children.
Speaker 8: I'm not sure the date on the arrest. Warrant was issued the day that October twenty eighth, the day that they came to pick up the shed. I have not understand that, so I don't know what was said or done.
Speaker 1: But you do know that your foster children made claims to their biological mother.
Speaker 8: No, the report was made by the officer who beat me up to directly to Department of Social Services.
Speaker 1: So okay, report the arrest didn't come until your kids ran away to their mom, and their mom is the one that called the police. They backdated it, but I'll bet you the mom is the one that made the The biological mom is the one that made the report. These kids went from the frying pan into the fire and then back to the frying pan.
Speaker 5: Teresa, when you were arrested, When you were arrested at the wait.
Speaker 1: Hold on before you go on, are those foster children still in your custody?
Speaker 8: Not at all.
Speaker 1: They're with their mother, Praise Jesus. Okay, what were you going to say to.
Speaker 2: Me, Teresa?
Speaker 5: When they arrested you at the courthouse and you said you went there to file some paperwork. What was the nature of the paperwork you were filing? And in what case?
Speaker 8: I received the letter in the mail that stated Department of Social Services had found me guilty of child abuse and neglect and I had the right to an appeal, So I went to the courthouse to appeal that, and they arrested me there for.
Speaker 1: And what were you arrested for there? What were you arrested for that day?
Speaker 8: A warrant for child abuse and the gluts?
Speaker 1: Was it for not showing up to the first one?
Speaker 8: I had not been They dismissed me from the case when when we had gone to court when the children ran away?
Speaker 1: So so you never were convicted? You were never convicted, you're telling me truly? Never convicted of abuse and neglect then? Or were you? Is there a conviction on your record right now, that's a yes or no.
Speaker 8: There is nothing on my record from nineteen ninety.
Speaker 1: And that's okay. So right now, that charge, wait, that conviction for child neglect and abuse? They took your children away, your foster children, and placed them with a biological mom. There is no record of that anywhere.
Speaker 8: No. I gave the children back under I reallocated parental REPI I'm.
Speaker 1: Asking you again, is there a record anywhere of an arrest or a charge for neglect and child abuse? Is there a record anywhere of a charge, charge or arrest?
Speaker 8: I don't know. They arrested me, so I think there is. They arrested me for Okay.
Speaker 1: Now, were you convicted of that charge? No?
Speaker 8: I haven't even gone to court for it yet.
Speaker 1: When do you go to court for it?
Speaker 8: March seventh.
Speaker 1: Here's what's funny. You say you were not convicted, but you were at the court yourself to file an appeal of the conviction. So, Teresa, you are selectively lying to make your story make sense. So why were you appealing a conviction? Why are you appealing a conviction that never happened.
Speaker 8: It was a conviction through Department of Social Services. They have their own criteria.
Speaker 1: Well, then you were convicted, not in court, it was by mail through Department of Social Services they found her guilty. So how do you know that? Excuse me? How do you know that?
Speaker 5: She told us that she got a letter in the mail from Social Services saying they found her guilty, saying what that they found?
Speaker 1: Did they say conviction in the letter? What did they use or did they say they found merit? What did they actually say in that letter to you that you could appeal.
Speaker 8: That I had been found neglect uh guilty of child abuse and neglect and to appeal this decision through department? Okay, Okay, got it.
Speaker 1: It wasn't a conviction. It wasn't a conviction. You're right, it wasn't fair. What can we help you with though? I'm kind of lost in that. How can we help you out? Teresa? This has anything to do with Leland? Shed's okay. Here's what happened from the beginning. From the beginning, Teresa, you don't want to hear this. I don't know Leland, and I'm going only by what you're telling me and whether you want to hear it or not. They maneuvered you and you signed for that. Shed. You didn't make payments. There was a judgment. I'm telling you that this has nothing to do with what leland Shed did to you, nothing at all. First of all, I believe those children probably were neglected, maybe not abused, but they were definitely neglected. I just feel that in my spirit. I also feel that you have no idea what went on with that transaction. And I think you signed without knowing what you signed. And I think most of your problem, and I don't mean this as an insult, is ignorance of the process. That's what it is. And if you're calling to try to tell me that you want to prevent this from happening to other people, then I would have to also tell people that when there is a lawful court order to remove something from your property, you don't stand in the way. That's the proper way to handle it. You just don't stand in the way, and you don't get beat up, and you won't get arrested. And then you just this whole thing just cascaded. It all cascaded, and right now you're waiting to go to court for abuse and neglect. And thank god, you don't have to pay for that trail. You don't have to pay for that shed. Is that right? You don't have any judgments against you right now. No, So the only thing right now on your plate, and I don't want to make this sound like it was walk in the park, and I do believe that you are probably taking advantage of But the only thing on your plate right now, right now is this child abuse and neglect case.
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Then I suggest something, Teresa. Honest to God, this is I'm going to give you some advice. I swear to you. You want this advice, and it is forget about the shed, forget about what they did on your property, forget about you getting beat up. You got to move past that. I am telling you what you need. You can see a civil rights attorney later on in your life, but I'm going to tell you something. You better concentrate on getting rid of this neglect charge and this abuse charge because that will follow you the rest of your life. And if you try to bring up the tiny shed and all of the crap that happened to you because of that, it makes no sense. Right now, the condition of those foster kids is all that matters, and their accusations and any evidence they have, it doesn't matter that it happened on the same day you were beat up. I know you think it does, but it doesn't. And it doesn't matter that it happened when you were sent to the hospital, because that's not why it happened. You are connecting things is because you feel abused and you feel taken advantage of. But all of these separate things that happen to you you're putting together. And I'm telling you it's you're going to joust at windmills. As I've said in the past, You're going to get nowhere. You're gonna get absolutely positively nowhere. Your best course of action right now is to repair your fences, literally, move on, help your son any way you can, and just try to defend yourself against this neglect and abuse. And if you bring up that they beat me up first and then they charge me with neglect and abuse, it's going to go nowhere. What you have to concentrate on are the children. Why are they saying they were neglected and abused? That's what you have to concentrate on. And if I were you, I would contact social services and say what can I do to make this go away? I don't ever want to take in foster children again, I did nothing intentional? What can I do to make this better? Are there classes I can take? Are there things I can do? But Teresa, I know you're not going to do that. I know you're going to go in and try to fight the entire case from the beginning and end. I know you're going to try to make this a problem for leland Shed's. I know you're going to try to make it a problem because you're going to say they beat you up for no reason. I know you're going to try to make a case that your property was destroyed and that they had no constitutional right to do it. And you know what, Teresa, you will die trying. I'm sorry, but we're not going to do anything about this. I'm Tom Martine. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer When you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey, Tom Artino here three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. All right, Mark left the building, so it's just me and the mutant deputies and Uncle Kevin at the helm there and or whoever there's okay, anyway, guys, listen, let's talk. I want to bring up that mechanic that other case. Okay, we got to bring it up. Chelsea. Let me recap this and tell you what happened. She bought a used twenty fifteen Chevy Suburban, and she bought it from auto Shop December of twenty twenty four. Had one hundred and sixty miles onreds after one hundred and sixty miles on a used car. She had a transmission problem since there was a three month warranty. She took it to Nichols and signed a workwater. He rebuilt the transmission and now wants six grand from her. Here's the problem, she says, she told him, and we should get her back on She told him there was a warranty on it and he was supposed to check with the warranty company, and she said he didn't and therefore she can't pay for it, and the warranty would have paid for it, but they won't pay for it now because the work's already done. But that's it in a nutshell. And Dimitri, who is working on it, you talked to you talked to James over at Nichols, correct, and he told you. Let me get this straight. He told you he had talked to the warranty company, right, Yes, he did. He is that right, Dimetri? Yes, yeah, okay. Did you get the impression by the way that James was a deceitful man? I want to know your gut feeling.
Speaker 5: My gut feeling was that the second story I got from James was crafted strictly for the purpose of responding to this radio show, and therefore I'm more likely to believe the very first story, which was spontaneous and unrehearsed and unprepared. And the first story was what that he called the warranty company they approved the repair, and he completed the repair, and.
Speaker 1: They say they did not approve it. What they said was they needed diagnostics.
Speaker 5: Correct. I have that in writing from the warranty company.
Speaker 1: Good well, I found an interesting part of the story, and I have to take this break. It's my fault because I've been going crazy here on content and stuff and I'm going to have to quickly do an break, right, isn't that right? Dragon? Okay, So put those spots in there so I can get them done. And here's what I want to say. I want to come back and talk about this, but I want to get her back on the air because I need to ask her some questions. Kachina. Can we get her back on the air, Yes, of course, Okay, good, good? And then anyone else with any other calls three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. By the way, I got someone listening from Alaska, Wassilla, Alaska, and I'm gonna send him some swag. Terry Vosssilla, Alaska. You his address.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna do you know who.
Speaker 5: Else is from Alaska? Who's a really really famous family vice president? No, she was, well Almo, I meant I was being facetious.
Speaker 1: She was the may who was from Mosilla.
Speaker 2: The mayor of Whatsilla was who remember Sarah Palin McCain's.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I didn't know she from from was from Mosilla, Tom, I didn't, well, man, I didn't know that. I knew she was from up there somewhere, but I didn't know where specifically anyway. So I got to take this break, and not before telling you about Frank drand the real estate man who will do a market valuation for your home for the asking. So remember that if you want to know what your house will sell for, ask him. He can give you the the all the market elements that will go into that price with no obligation whatsoever. Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Frank Randireal estate Man dot com. And don't make any choices about insurance without the insurance checkup. Make sure you're not paying too much or you're not under insured, but you could be dangerous. A free insurance checkup, honest to god, objective and that's Compass Insurance three oh three nine nine six nine thousand. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. All right, I'm Tom Martine. You're troubleshooter. So we talked about Chelseawood, who went to this place to get her carve here. Now here are a few things I didn't know, and Chelsea, I'm not trying. This is not a gotcha moment. By the way, I don't think there is a gotcha moment because Chelsea, you yourself have been going to James and Nichols years and years, and that place has been in business since the seventies. I don't think they got along this long trying to lie and cheet to people. I really don't. Now, I know there is a cut there. There is a cut where he says play that recording where he was on the air James, and he said he did call the warranty company, go ahead play that. So basically what you're saying is the warranty company approved it. You guys did the work. But then at the end they decided they were going to pay it because you guys couldn't provide stuff that frankly, you couldn't even provide if you if you had to.
Speaker 10: That's exactly correct.
Speaker 1: Oh man, this is an interesting case, James. How did the approval get to you? Was it the email a text message that somebody from the warranty company call you with an approval? What evidence can we offer to the made?
Speaker 10: I made the call to the end to the company and yeah, so, and it was all verbal.
Speaker 1: I believe them. Do they give you a total authorization code? Maybe? But I believe them. I'm gonna tell you why I believe him. Here's something we didn't hear before Chelsea even went to him. Another dealer called them. Another dealer did all of the diagnostics, including pictures and photos, and Chelsea chose not to have that dealer do the work, but went to Nichols. Now that's not a gotcha moment, Chelsea, that's just a fact that we didn't know about. So Nichols, James at Nichols assumed all of that diagnostic stuff they wanted, and the approval that they had gotten would have been good to go ahead. And do it. But because they didn't do the work and he went and did the work, they're claiming they wanted all that work again. They wanted all that done again. He also says that when you dropped off, he said, when you dropped off your suburban, he said, you gave him authority to go ahead. You said, I need to get this fixed, and to go ahead.
Speaker 2: And do it.
Speaker 7: No, So the other the company that it was at that I took it to, originally the viewer that did other repairs, they they never talked to the warranty company. They had no they I told them about the warranty company after I picked.
Speaker 1: No, they didn't. They did not talk to the warranty company. He assumed they did. He they had that complete repair broken down as to what you needed on your transmission, he said, along with even a picture of one of the parts that they wanted.
Speaker 7: Okay, So what he told me after that was that they what they said it needed. I believe they said it needed a TCM transmission control modules, so that it didn't even need that, and they couldn't they couldn't tell what the originally dealers, so they couldn't even tell what it needed until they put the transmission apart, but that's what they do, right.
Speaker 1: And they wanted authorization to take it apart. And he told you. He told you that that thousand dollars was for disassembly because he couldn't do it himself, and he wanted to be paid for it no matter what. And I'm here, Chelsea. Do you think James set out to cheat you? I'm going to ask you that straight up? Do you think that he set out to cheat you?
Speaker 7: No? No, No, I don't believe that at all.
Speaker 8: I don't think no.
Speaker 1: I don't believe it at all either. And I've been doing this fifty years, and I'm going to tell you something. I don't think James set out to cheat anybody. And I think James was nervous being on the radio. And I think James screwed up by fixing it. But he said he got the clear impression that it had been looked at before by this other company and that you would have warrant. You said, why don't you just go ahead and do it because you needed your car? You told him you couldn't wait. Now is he lying?
Speaker 8: Tell him?
Speaker 1: So you didn't say, you didn't say.
Speaker 2: Go ahead and fix it?
Speaker 1: So you waved the written warranty, but you did not say, I'm just asking a question. When you waved the written warranty. You did not tell him to go ahead and start repairs.
Speaker 7: No, I knew what did you tell him the transmission apart? So he said he was going to take it apart, get it looked at, and then let me know from there.
Speaker 1: Right, And he didn't do that, right? Is that what you're saying. He didn't do that.
Speaker 7: No, he told he called me.
Speaker 8: That was.
Speaker 7: I brought the car Monday the thirteenth, and then I talked to him on the seventeenth, because we actually took my parents' car there to get fixed while he had my car, and I talked to him on that day and he said, oh, yeah, I have the car taken apart, and I have everything to send over to the warranty. But that's all we talked about.
Speaker 8: At that time.
Speaker 1: Okay, here's what the problem's going to be. Okay, And I know everyone on my staff believes everything you're saying, and they think everything James is saying is a lie. And I don't think either of that is true. I think there is some gray area here and people just he wanted to get your car fixed. He was convinced he was going to get the warranty to pay for it, and it was documented by that previous dealer. And then he said, he documented it, and he has documentation, but they won't accept it because and we all forget. And this is how convenient it is that my staff all forgot how sleazy warranty companies are. We've never had a warranty company that voluntarily paid for anything, and they look for any excuse they can not to pay for something. But all of a sudden, now they're holy and everyone else are the demons. But you know, when it comes down to warranty companies, Kevin, tell me about warranty companies. Are they fourthright?
Speaker 2: Some are? Most of them challenge you every step of the way.
Speaker 1: Most of them aren't forthright at all. They're pieces of crap. What's the name of this onearrantee company? Have we even checked them out? What's the name?
Speaker 7: It's called cars Protection?
Speaker 8: Plus I believe it's gonna chance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so we're automatically believe them. And not a company that's been in business since the seventies and has been serving you for more than ten years. We're automatically gonna believe this car protection. Plus that all, we're not paying for it.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: They had two dealers document this stuff, and they know that you needed a transmission, and there's no reason for them to turn it down. There's no reason for it.
Speaker 7: They're just looking for an excep to get the recordings between them and James, and they won't give it to me.
Speaker 1: No, of course they won't because they're lying to you now. I believe they did want more documentation from James, and I believe James probably screwed up too. I believe it. But does it mean you didn't need the work? No, it doesn't. When when we talk of substance over form, what is the substance over form? That's what the RS always says, substance over form meaning you needed a transmission. He didn't lie to you about it, neither did the previous dealer. He documented everything as he went. He still has that documentation. He made the repair, and your car's ready to go, and now he's the bad guy and the warranty company is holy. I'm sorry, I don't buy this scenario. The warranty company is trying to sleeze out of it anyway, they can, and the warranty company sucks if you look him up. So what I want to know is, why is it then everyone is believing that a company in business since the seventies, which isn't a small feat in the car business, and this guy has been part owner for ten or twenty years, how the hell? And they've been serving you faithfully and you've loved them. All of a sudden he's the bad guy. It just doesn't. It didn't add up to me. And I know sometimes I know, sometimes people get on a kick and then they do what's called confirmation bias. They look for things to reinforce their belief as opposed to looking at it objectively. I don't mind going after people, but I certainly don't think this is the place to do it. Right now. We should go after the warranty company and say did she need a transmission or not, because that's the real substance of it. And what James over at Nichols said is, look, we're not trying to rip off Chelsea. She's been our customer forever. We'll make payment arrangements, we'll do whatever she wants. She can get her car. We just want her to know we did nothing intentionally to try to cheat her. She was gonna need a transmission no matter what. Yeah, and he said you wouldn't have problem. And he said you probably wouldn't have gotten a better price anyway. So, Kevin, on that car, you know, six I don't know, is that a terrible price or six grand? Is that a terrible price for that transmission?
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 6: It's it's in the upper range, but it's it's well within the range.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we would have Okay, we would have been very similar priced.
Speaker 1: Okay, Chelsea, what were you gonna say? Dear?
Speaker 7: Oh, that's why I tried to ask James if you can figure something out.
Speaker 1: The last time I spoke, James said he will work with you. He wants you to call him. Okay, here's what I want you to do. Listen, I gotta take a break. I'll come back and tell you what to do. Hold on right after this, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ripped of.
Speaker 4: New needed so you don't have them running just as fast as we can. Show Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 15: Come Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 1: No Tom Martino, Hey Tom Martino. Here, let's go to the phones. Let's try to get this show.
Speaker 2: On the road.
Speaker 1: We've had a lot going on, and I want to take a caller who've been waiting earlier today. One Clear Choice Garage Doors. We'll take care of all of your garage door knees. I love these people, whether it's the spring, the opener, the hinges, the cables, the opener itself, the door, any part of the door. Twenty four to seven service if you need it. One Choice Garage Doors, and the site is one Clear Choice Doors dot Com. One clear Choice doores dot Com. All the prices on that website seven to zero three seven zero thirty nine eighty seven. Now, Chelsea, here's what we're gonna do. Bottom line, I believe that James and this auto shop's been around too long that I'm going to side with a warranty company. Now, he may have technically not gone through the proper process, that's possible, but I also believe it's possible they misled him when he called and they said just take it apart. They wouldn't pay for taking it apart. That's why you paid. He took it apart, and he documented everything it needed while he fixed it. Now, technically they say he should have called back first. Now what I think is they do anything to drive you out of paying, just like any warranty company, and Kevin will tell you that most warranty companies will. But here's the bottom line. If it truly did need that stuff, I think you should get paid for it, whether he did the technicality or not. And I don't think he did it to screw you. I think he did it because you knew you were desperate to get your car, and you've been going there for ten years. This place has been opened since the seventies. And I choose to side with them as opposed to a warranty company. And I say we go after the warranty company. So that's what we're going to do. That is if I can get the love affair broken with my staff and then they go after the warranty company for payment. Because the substances it needed a transmission period. No one's denying that, even your first shop, and no one's denying you needed a transmission. So what we need to do is document it needed a transmission and maybe even start small claims court against this warranty company. That's what I would do, and I think he'll win threeh three seven to one three talks seven one three eight two five of Let's give this to somebody to work on that believes in going after the warranty company. Please. I think that's what we need. Someone who's going to take a fresh look at this and say, look, ninety nine percent of the time, warranty companies are sleazy pieces of crap, not upstanding wonderful citizens. So let's go after it with that in mind. Paul, Welcome to the show. What's going on with you? Paul?
Speaker 12: Well? I am calling back because several weeks ago I called in and my Hitvvy truck had been down October. I was coming home from South Dakota and quit on me so, oh yeah. The short of the story is I took it to Chivy and they misdiagnosed it as a high pressure fuel pump.
Speaker 1: When when did you call? I remember this call? When was it?
Speaker 9: I had been over three weeks ago, I believe, Yeah, yeah, and you called and Chopper worked with you.
Speaker 12: Right, yes, that's correct.
Speaker 1: And tell me how So tell me what happened.
Speaker 12: Well, I went to them with the misdiagnosed. This was with Spradley Chevrolet Hyundai here in Pueblo, and I told him that it was still throwing the same code that it was thrown before they diagnosed it and was supposed to have fixed what the problem was. It was pretty expensive for the high pressure fuel pump.
Speaker 1: And so what happened?
Speaker 12: Took him back. They rediagnosed it and said it with a fuel rail, which was another twenty eight hundred dollars, And I told him I'm not paying that. You guys misdiagnosed the first one. And so initially they told me to walk. So I told him I was going to try to find an attorney or somebody, and that's when I write, well and right, they did call me back, and they did say that they would do the repair without charging me. And uh, and they did that. It is fixed, it's running right.
Speaker 1: That's great man, that is great. I'm really happy. I'm really happy about that. That is so cool. So I'm glad that you were able to do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 12: I wanted, you know, I want to give them the benefit of the doubt. It's shitty truck, so, you know, give them the chance to stand being.
Speaker 1: Was this the Silverado by the.
Speaker 12: Way, Yeah, yes, it was all right.
Speaker 1: So I think that I think Chopper wanted. Probably he's looking for my dinger and uh, there you go, Chopper, you get the dinger for that.
Speaker 2: Olly.
Speaker 1: I should give him some applause too. Anyway, But thank you Paul for letting yourself and of course that goes out to the dealer who came through in the end. So thank you for letting us know that.
Speaker 3: Paul.
Speaker 1: Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. All right, what else are we going to talk about? Stump the mechanic? Deputy d never without surprises, has come up with another set of questions. D Are you ready to stump the mechanic?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm still wrapped up in my love affair with a warranty company. But let me break away from that for a second.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: All I suggested was we were all globbing on to the warranty company assuming they were one hundred percent correct, never even thinking, well, wait a minute, have we ever had a warranty company lie to us before?
Speaker 2: We have?
Speaker 5: However, well, I'll send you an email about it. But let's let's play stump the mechanic because share it an audio.
Speaker 1: And here's another thing. Here, here's another thing. I really, I really want to get across to people. The spirited discussions we have about disagreements about problems should never come down to who's right and who's wrong. It should come down to what is the consumer? How can we help the consumer the most we can, and who's the real bad guy here? I mean, it's not whether I'm right, or Mark's right, or you're right. I don't give a damn. If it turns out that this guy's a scumbag and he's lying to us, and they will let the recording, let us hear the recording, I'll be all for it. But here's one thing mysterious. They won't let us hear that recording. They won't let her hear the recording. Yet they claim that they told him what they needed, but they won't let us hear it.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't that be the easiest thing to do to clear this up. Let's hear the recording, Let's hear when he called. That would clear it up, and I would stand corrected. I would say, you know what, I am corrected. The warranty company was telling the truth all along. But right now I'm not ready to do that based on my past experience. But hell, I don't have much experience. Maybe I ought to just go by. You know what that woman thinks of the mechanics. She's been going to for ten years. She loves him, she said. I was surprised, I asked her off the air. Do you think this guy did anything wrong? I mean, does anyone really truly believe that he needed a six thousand dollars repair so badly that he was going to chance screwing a consumer of ten years and getting collection from a warranty company. Anybody believe that? Really? Truly? Look at it in its totality, does it make sense?
Speaker 2: None of the.
Speaker 1: I think what happened, well, everyone actually suggested it. I think that what I think happened is he might have screwed up. I don't think he did the proper process, but I think he was misguided by them on the phone. And Kevin, we've had that happen before. Will they'll misguide you on the phone. I'll just document everything. We'll take care of it. I mean, it has been done before. If it hadn't been done before, I'd say that's impossible. Warrant you companies never ever ever say anything wrong ever, Mark, go ahead, go ahead, Mark.
Speaker 9: Look, there's the craziest, the craziest thing just happened. I had another car smashed into me. I'm going to go get it repaired, and then I'm going to call my warranty company. After I call Excel Roofing and get a new roof on, and then I'm going to call up my home numbers and make sure they pay.
Speaker 1: For You know, Mark, Mark, you know what. You totally are making no sense. Here's what we have. We simply have a woman who came to him and nowhere we should mention on the paperwork. Does it ever even mention a warranty? Okay?
Speaker 3: Never?
Speaker 1: And he acknowledges it, Okay, yes he did. And what he said was he called the warranty company he's not saying he didn't call them. He said he called them and they told him to take it apart. They're not going to pay for teardown. And then if he documents everything, and if they if he documents everything as he goes, they will pay for the repair if it's the transmission, if it's anything more than the transmission, he has to let them know. He said he did exactly that. Now they're saying he shouldn't have fixed it. So I don't know.
Speaker 9: Why heaven, Kevin, would you have ever done it without an approval number, ever, ever, ever, ever.
Speaker 6: No, it's it's not standard procedure. But I agree he didn't do it maliciously. I don't think he did it to steal.
Speaker 1: From what I'm.
Speaker 13: Saying, mark maliciously either he's.
Speaker 1: He's I think he screwed up. I told you that. I told you that, I think he screwed up. But I think that I am. I'm hesitant to say that he owes her that transmission just because.
Speaker 13: Of that, well, the warranty.
Speaker 1: I think the warranty.
Speaker 9: Ever looking at it, without ever looking at it, would never pay in a million years, just like my well guess what guess.
Speaker 1: Because We've had cases exactly like this where the guy did not get pre approval, but we showed that he actually needed it, it would have been covered, and we got it covered. Now, tell me you don't remember cases like that. We have cases all day long. I'm not saying it's the ideal thing to do. Now. It would be different if the guy did a bunch of other repairs that they didn't need. But if it needed a transmission and he documented it, and he has that documentation including photos at his shop, and he can show that to the warranty company, there is no reason they should not pay simply because it went out of their procedure.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm the only one who read all kinds of insurance. Come, I read the contract, Tom, I'm the only one here who read the cost contract with her warranty company.
Speaker 2: And here's what it says, in bold letters.
Speaker 5: Your repair facility must provide us with an estimate for the cover to repair in order to obtain an authorization number before any repairs have begun.
Speaker 2: All capitals an.
Speaker 1: Okay, So, Dmitri, Dmitri, hold on, excuse use me, Dmitri, excuse me. Please, you're reading a contract between a consumer and a warranty company. You're not reading a contract between a mechanic and the customer, or a mechanic and the warranty company. That mechanic is not bound by that contract.
Speaker 5: No, of course not. I made no such representation. But this is this is the what you said.
Speaker 1: Was you're the only one that read the contract. What does that mean that? What does that mean? Does that mean that somehow that, somehow that mechanic is supposed to know what that contract says and a bide bye at all?
Speaker 5: This is the reason the warranty company is denying the claim any repairs performance that's will be.
Speaker 1: And I'm going to ask you something, And I'm going to ask you something. If a warranty company wanted to get out of a repair, and god knows that never happens, Let's say they wanted to get out of repair, is it possible that they could say to a mechanic, just go ahead, do this, this, and this, We'll take care of it. Is it possible that the canic, not seeing that contract, not knowing he needed a number, not knowing he needed this, not knowing he needed that. Is it possible that, on the good faith of his customer, he had for ten years and a phone call to a warranty company. Is it possible he just wanted to get her down the road and he fixed the transmission thinking he would be paid. Of course, it's possible, And what I'm saying is to assume otherwise is ridiculous. Why would anyone even do a repair on the off chance they're not going to get paid. No one would do it in their right mind. I am saying he might have screwed up because he did not know the terms and conditions of that contract. And I wonder why who could have given him that contract to read? Who could have given it to him? He wouldn't have gotten it out of the sky. She would have had to have given it to him. She was the one under contract. She should have said to him, by the way, you need this, this, and this, because it was her contract. You see, we're putting all the burden on a guy who someone bought a repair a vehicle to be repaired. And you know, Kevin, I'm surprised you're not chiming up more, knowing how sleazy these warranty companies are.
Speaker 2: Well, no, they are.
Speaker 1: And you got a you know, we're not talking about a fly by night mechanic who was in business for five minutes, le Kevin.
Speaker 9: Talk, I'm what you just asked them?
Speaker 6: No, it's you gotta dot every I and cross every tea. I mean, that's the whole point with the warranties. Absolutely, they're sleazy, and that's why you got to do your due diligence and do it right.
Speaker 13: And that's not up to her.
Speaker 1: And what if the mechanic did not know he needed an authorization number? What if he took that verbal assurance on a record on what if he took that verbal assurance as gospel? What if he did what if he took that verbal assurance's gospel? And you know all I asked, am, I just asked the warranty company, you know what, let's hear let's hear the recording. It'll put it all to rest. If you told him he needed to call back for an authorization number, let's hear it. And guess what, they won't show it. They won't let us listen to it. Hmm.
Speaker 3: I think So what I think.
Speaker 1: She should do is sue the warrants.
Speaker 9: You come, every chound would have had the approval. You can call one hundred in cold call him right Now, every single shop wouldn't have done anything till they.
Speaker 1: Had the approval. Okay, And I don't know my heat, So does that mean hold on? So does that mean that a woman who brought a car to a shop and signed a work in voice, never referencing a warranty and also hold on a second and also waived her right to a written estimate and gave verbal approval according to that contract in his notes, she gave verbal approval that day to start repairs. So you're telling me based on that, he had to have gotten that and should have known the terms and conditions of a warranty company that he never dealt with before. So that's what you're telling me, And the fact that he didn't do it means he shouldn't get.
Speaker 9: Paid after fifty years in business if he didn't know how to deal with a warranty company like every other person that's on our referral list, or quite frankly is breathing, he's a moron in my opinion, and in my opinion, he should be paying Mark.
Speaker 1: I don't need you calling people names. You know what, You need a better picker. You need a better picker when you're picking bad guys. Because you're off you're off base here. Okay, it takes listen, it takes me something to want to destroy a business, and I'm not likely to do it just because a guy didn't you know, he believed a warranty company and you know what, here's the deal, just because he didn't know how to deal with the warranty company. So my question is this, to meet you, I'll ask you. So he shouldn't get paid. That's what we're saying. He should give her that transmission. Hold on, hold on, I think Mark, what are we saying? I think Mark, what are we saying?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: I think Mark's position was, Look, the guy really should have known better because he's been in business for decades.
Speaker 2: He knows how to deal with hi.
Speaker 1: And Okay, now my question is he didn't, so now what? So now what?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 1: What he didn't now what? He doesn't get paid? No, he can't enforce the work order?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 5: No, here's I think I think an equitable solution would be to have Chelsea pay what she would have paid as her deductible or copay or whatever they call it, and they kind of split it this way. It's a little bit of splitting the baby. But if she should pay what she would have had to pay. Oh and by the way, I'd like.
Speaker 1: To address and how do we know what that is?
Speaker 5: It's it's in the contract. Actually, there's a maximum per hour pack.
Speaker 2: How much is it?
Speaker 5: I think the maximum they'll pay sixty bucks an hour, So I think that's What about parts? What about parts? Yeah, I haven't seen that part yet.
Speaker 2: It's it's a pretty long contract.
Speaker 1: Well, let's see. Let's see what that comes out to be. Let me take Let's see what that comes out to be. One thing I know for sure, we shouldn't drag this guy through the dirt. Oh, we shouldn't just because he screwed up dealing with the warranty company.
Speaker 3: Greeds.
Speaker 1: You know what, I'll bet you the first time Kevin Dell with a warranty company, he had to learn some lessons. This guy, it's not. You know, I don't know how many times this guy dealt with warranty companies. I have no idea. But if we're trying to make the case that he screwed up and therefore lost six grand, I'm not for it. And if he screwed up, he didn't do it intentionally. To try to get why does he care where he gets six grand from, whether it's from a customer or a warranty company. The money is green no matter where it comes from. Why would he purposely do that? He wouldn't. But the case we were making is that this guy was trying to screw her, and that's how I came into this case. We got more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one. Help. You'll think I think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here, as Dimitrio aptly brought out, he read further into that contract. She can't take in the small claims court because she signed an arbitration clause. And not only that, but she has to pay for it if she loses or and no matter what she'll have to pay for her side right anyway, So here's the bottom line. She can't go to small claims court. I think we need to call them and say, look, if this was truly done, he screwed up. Well, let's all say he screwed up. Okay, we love saying that he screwed up. He screwed up. He screwed up. He screwed up. He didn't get a number, he didn't do anything. He went and fixed it, he said, because she was begging him to get it fixed quickly. But let's just say he's a lying thief and he screwed up. She needed a transmission and she got one. Now, all I'm saying is this, why wouldn't they pay for it? If it cost a reasonable amount and it's what she needed anyway? Why won't they pay what she would they would have paid anyway? Why what technicality would keep them from paying if truly he has all of the documentation sitting in a shop. I think that's reasonable to ask them what harm would it do to pay this claim? If they would have paid it anyway? The only difference is he didn't call and get a number. Now, yeah, did he screw up? Yes, if he didn't call and get a number, if he wasn't privy to the terms and conditions of the contract, and he didn't abide by that contract, which by the way, he never signed, then then okay, he screwed up. Let's call him a screw up every time we refer to him. But at least let's try to get the warranty company to pay what they would have paid for anyway, had it been for a number. I think that's a reasonable thing to do. Heather, you have a problem, Go ahead, Heather, what's going on?
Speaker 16: Oh uh? Yeah? So my husband was driving home from work in the middle of the day in December, heading east on nine seventy and the stage actually has a road barrier signed there on the border of the Aurora Watkins Line to close down the highway. There's some adverse weather. Usually that is chained back, and that day, for whatever reason, it was not, and so it swung open immediately in front of my husband as he was passing, and there's no way he could Oh man, it was literally right in front of him. He's going.
Speaker 1: So they didn't secure it or anything. They just right they just left it hanging in the wind.
Speaker 8: Or what.
Speaker 16: Yeah, who was in charge of that sin on it? My husband After he hit the sign, he went out there and brought back the signs and tried to secure it again. It was just there with a simple hook. There was no there was no simple way or no way of really securing it. It's just like a tow truck.
Speaker 1: Was it?
Speaker 2: When?
Speaker 1: Was it wind that did it? Heather?
Speaker 16: I think so? But shouldn't it be held back a little better than that and not come out into the I know what the case.
Speaker 1: I know what case you're making. I know what case you're making. Yeah, I know, I know what case you're making. They were negligent, right they were?
Speaker 16: Yes, we were in a Silverado, so luckily we weren't hurt. There was no injuries, and our Silverado really exclayed us. It was just the front bumper and the side of the truck that got damaged.
Speaker 1: Now, the way this is done a motorcycle, I know. But are you calling for the other cars or are you calling to get paid for what happened to yours? I got to find out why you're calling.
Speaker 16: I'm calling to get paid for mine. We documented over right?
Speaker 1: How much are your damages?
Speaker 16: About eighty eight hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Okay, will they not pay?
Speaker 16: No, they are claiming that they are not liable because they didn't realize there was a problem before our.
Speaker 1: Incident, which is true. If that's true, that's true. If that's true, that's true because of government immunity. But there's something else though, that you could do. You could use your insurance. It would not be charged against you, your comprehensive insurance. I don't know if they'd make you use collision I think it's comp but you would then they would go after the state for you to collect. How much is your deductible? Well, do you have a deductible on? No, you're not going to be charged.
Speaker 16: For this to fifty, So it's not it's not a big deductible.
Speaker 1: No, I meant you're not going to be You're not going to be charged. What I meant was you're not going to be charged. It's not going to be surcharged against you. If it was a road hazard that that that happened, they're not going to charge it against you. But why do you only have a two hundred and fifty dollars deductible?
Speaker 16: My gosh, that's just when I originally got insurance. Way back in the day. That's what my father told me to do, and so I've always had it. It's great when we actually have a claim because it's just a little bit of money.
Speaker 1: Well it is, But the problem is that the problem is with a two hundred and fifty dollars deductible, just as an aside, if you have a thousand dollars claim or a two thousand dollars calmer a three thousand dollars claim, most people won't put it in anyway. So you're paying too much for a two hundred and fifty dollars deductible when you won't even put in a claim unless it's two thousand or more. Whatever your tolerance is is what your deductible should be. That's all I'm saying is that it doesn't pay for the few times you're going to use it to pay for the lower deductible. Now, if you were going to use it all the time, that would be different. But normally I'll bet you you won't put in a claim for two thousand, would you?
Speaker 16: Probably not. We're pretty safe drivers.
Speaker 1: So therefore, but therefore, you're putting a two hundred and fifty dollars deductible on there for no reason, so I would put a two thousand. I mean, I'm just saying if you look at the rates, you'll see how much money you would save doing that. I think that the state should pay for it. I mean, they make exceptions all the time for government and unity if they do something like a screw up. But if they don't, your insurance will not charge you for this. When I say charge you, I don't mean the deductible. They won't charge it against you. If it's written up the right way. It's a comprehensive and it was their gate that swung open. Did you are you Are you satisfied that you talk to the enough people at the state or do you want us to try, Deputy Doc? Do you want to try calling up at the state and see where maybe she didn't go up high enough there?
Speaker 16: Doctor has gotten very far at all? Like this should be. This certainly seems like it should be a dangerous condition of a public highway, which no I.
Speaker 1: Tak Heather, I totally agree with you, and now that you put them on notice, I totally agree with you. But when you call about your problem and then you call about the universal problem, there's two different things. I totally agree with you on the universal problem totally. And I would hope that when Deputy dot calls them, they're going to be aware of this, because he's going to tell them. Look, you know you've been put on notice. Now, you guys got to make sure that those gates are not just hung there by one little hook. I'm Tom Martino. We have more coming right up. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content, wait time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three talks seven one three A two five five Man. I hate to bring this back up again, but and I would. I don't know if Mark still listening, but we never we never even examine that possibility. So Deputy d and Kevin, we're talking and Doc, we're talking about this warranty, right, assuming that had he done it the correct way, it would have been paid for and she would have been or at least a good part of it would have been paid for. But Kevin, you're saying, there's a good possibility on High Mile has used vehicles that warranty claims will be turned down for normal wear and tear.
Speaker 2: Especially as rapid.
Speaker 6: It only had one hundred and sixty miles on it since issue of the policy, So I think it's more than likely it would have been turned down as opposed.
Speaker 1: Right, because what could she have done in one hundred and sixty miles? What could have actually broken down in one hundred and sixty miles? And if it was a throttle body and other things, it's more likely wear and.
Speaker 6: Tear and the burden of proof would have been on her and the shop to prove that it was a failure that would have been covered, and that's tough.
Speaker 1: We should ask this mechanic. We should ask this mechanic exactly was it normal wear and tear or was there some catastrophic failure? In fact? Can we try to get him on Kachina I talk to him, ask him if he'll come on. And I want to ask him that question about what was wrong with it? Really I do, because if it turns out it wasn't going to be paid for anyway, I mean, that's going to change everything. Sure, then she might want to take him up on those payment arrangements.
Speaker 2: Yep, I think it works.
Speaker 1: Three three seven one three eight two five five Okay, stumped mechanic, Go ahead.
Speaker 5: D all right now that sheared and Autotech is here next to me. Kevin, you're a great resource. And here's my question for you. I am the only person I know who buys the octane rating that is actually specifies in my car's manual, which is eighty seven. Everyone else I know whose specifications are either eighty seven or ninety one, buys the cheap eighty five gasoline and they don't think there's anything wrong with them that is counter to my position. Kevin, Why am I right? And what's going to happen to people's cars when they buy the lower than required octane rated gasoline?
Speaker 6: Well, you're not always right. Sometimes nothing will happen with the lower octane. I think each car individually, you have to and I always helping you put the good stuff in and see what kind of milelogy get. If it's increased a bunch, then it's you know, there's not always a benefit.
Speaker 5: I know someone who's Volkswagen automobile began knocking like a diesel when they put eighty five in.
Speaker 6: If you if you're noticing driveability issues, then yeah, you got to buy the upgraded fuel. But some cars it's a waste of money for the upgraded fuel.
Speaker 2: With some cars, yes, it's an absolute just play it as you go.
Speaker 5: But in the matter of a car that actually begins to make that knocking sound, isn't that indicative of tremendous damage that's being caused by pre ignition?
Speaker 6: Not necessarily it continued use at that, Yes, but not just in you know, intermittent stuff.
Speaker 2: Great, thank you, Kevin, didn't stump you? All right?
Speaker 1: Well, how about the next one?
Speaker 2: Okay, Kevin.
Speaker 5: I think one of the most neglected serve this isn't an automobile is replacing the automatic transmission fluid and people typically wait for their transmission to fail or begin to act up in some way before they do it. Can you please let us know why. It's a great idea that people like me exchange the ATF and their automobile at a regular interval and long before any signs of trouble develop.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, the fluid breaks down over time and the filter can plug up over time because as clutches and other components in the transmission. We're out, there's debris inside the transmission and you need to get that and the old fluid out of there. So yeah, I mean they say lifetime. You know, sealed transmissions never needs it's all garbage, you know. Some of you can't get the filter out, granted, but at least getting the fluid changed. There's no lifetime anything.
Speaker 1: All right, we have to take a break again. I'm Tom Martino three oh three seven one three A two five five Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until your content time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine, your troubleshooter three O three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five all right, so, uh do we have any No, we don't have any other calls. I just want to tell you that Dan McKenzie will do your will, your trust, lower prices, direct conversations, a person, a person a state planning. He's a great guy and a lot of us around here use him. Dan McKenzie McKenzie law, our exclusive go to guy for your state planning of all kinds eight three three co plans eight three three co plans. So okay, So Dmitri, do you have any other interesting Yes?
Speaker 2: I do. This is a stumper for Kevin from Sheridan Autoten.
Speaker 1: Now I want to try to take one before Kevin and see if I can get it.
Speaker 5: Go okay, So Tom, you'll go first, gentlemen. Yeah, About a year or two ago, I was driving my beloved Forerunner. The windows were rolled down, and I stopped at a red light and I heard a very quiet turbocharger engine coming out from under the hood. It sounded like this, and I glanced at my dashboard and guess what light came on?
Speaker 1: What am okay? I heard?
Speaker 5: I immediately knew what was wrong. I drove to my friend's garage and I made the repair myself. So what was the light cash board? And what was the over hair?
Speaker 2: Nope?
Speaker 1: Overheating?
Speaker 2: Nope? Do you want me to make that sound again?
Speaker 1: Zo?
Speaker 2: Kevin?
Speaker 5: Kevin got the first half right. The battery light turned on on my dashboard. What failure was the car warning me about?
Speaker 1: Well, the turs Corona noise?
Speaker 2: I have.
Speaker 1: What was the noise about?
Speaker 2: Maybe it was his dog in the back seat?
Speaker 1: No, what was it?
Speaker 5: You want me to tell you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I had to do with the belt. Oh, you're right, you're almost there.
Speaker 5: The alternator failed and one of the modes of failure is they make a turbocharger sound a very quiet turbo because.
Speaker 1: They keeps because they keep spinning on the inside.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't know, but if that would be up to Kevin to tell us what what actually broke inside my alternator? You guys got it, both of you did.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: I didn't get I just said I I didn't. I said the Uh, Well, did I say overheating? I thought, yeah, I was just trying to make you feel.
Speaker 2: Good first, So yeah, thanks for taking.
Speaker 1: That one anyway, Cole. What's the next one, Kevin?
Speaker 5: There is a service that Toyota recommends called induction service.
Speaker 2: Are you familiar with that?
Speaker 5: And is that something that's valuable?
Speaker 1: A lot of them do it now?
Speaker 2: It cleans? Yeah, cleans, go ahead to Kevin and everything. Yeah, it's very very beneficial.
Speaker 5: Will it also clean the valve body without me having to disassemble the air and take system to clean the valve body because it all gets kind of like sucked right into it.
Speaker 2: What they take in the throttle body and everything, you know, but especially.
Speaker 1: If you do it regularly from the beginning. And BGP wait wait wait BG products right exactly?
Speaker 2: Do you do this service as Sheridan Autotach absolutely recommended every sixty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can buy BG, can't you, Kevin?
Speaker 2: And do it yourself for this anywhere? NAPA sells it. A lot of places sell it all right.
Speaker 1: I'm Tom Martino. Thank you, guys, Deputy d Deputy dot Deputy Kevin. I'm making you an honory deputy. Save all your problems for me.