Speaker 1: All right, everyone, tonight's episode Wrestling Magic, we are having an interview with the rising Japanese star, Miss Sorry, and today I'm gonna have her start off just with promoting herself. She's got some things coming up and I want you guys all to know about it. So, Miss Sorry, I've heard you really big right now. You're making your way through the ranks, and I wanted to ask what do you have coming up?
Speaker 2: Just to start off, Hey, Yoyo Wibi combat to mass.
Speaker 3: Okay, So she has a title match for i w GP Championship bell on June twenty first at Yo Yogi. This is a stardom venue and she will be fighting either Shui or Alex that either one that who wins in UK match. So that is her next big match.
Speaker 1: Oh awesome, awesome, really glad that you're getting up there and working with everybody this way. And I do apologize the name is Sarre, greatly apologize for that. But let's get into it a little bit. So when did you decide that you wanted to become a wrestler. What inspired you to become a wrestler?
Speaker 3: Massare so Sadi, it's to go look at this car to know.
Speaker 4: So pretty bit of.
Speaker 5: Hi. Just no, I know sang.
Speaker 4: No okay.
Speaker 3: So it was her first grade when she watched the live show, she was eight years old and it was one of the Joshi wrestler was Yanky Messiah and then she she was Yes, she's a fan of her. Since then she got really that's when she really started loving pro wrestling.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's pretty cool. So, uh I heard that you started off very young? Around what age did you start wrestling? Sorry?
Speaker 4: The jis an.
Speaker 5: It's I and what I did.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: So she started at fourteen years old and she practiced. She made a pro debut at fifteen years old.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, that is so young. I got hats off to you. That is incredible.
Speaker 5: Now yeah, Hi.
Speaker 1: All right, so uh on with that, So, where were some of your favorite places to work so far?
Speaker 4: You mean promotion?
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, and you might I don't know, I know.
Speaker 5: Yep, so nod cant no.
Speaker 3: Hi, all of her all of the promotions were her favorite. But once she win a championship and put the bell on, she just feels really good in each promotion. So it's really it's it's really not one promotion that she liked. It's a lot of each one was really good for her.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's a that's a really cool outlook on. I like that. But I also do want to ask you about So who are some of your trainers and your mentors coming up in the business?
Speaker 6: Yeah, so there stay up.
Speaker 3: Okay, So her trainer was caw Ito. She was the legend from the a j W and she admired her strength physically and mentally. So she admired her as a mentor, and she was her trainer.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's really cool. I'm glad that you had somebody with such high ranking and respect in the joshi scene. I'm really glad that you were able to find that. Okay, all right, uh So, who are some of your favorite opponents to work with?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, c mm hmm. That's ok so.
Speaker 3: Uh So recently she the really most impressive that she went against was Ian Mayani, also Shii uh, Tihiro uh and Irokumi from Marvels. That was because recently she had all these opponents that was really wanted to do more wrestling against more.
Speaker 4: From now on.
Speaker 1: Also, I see, I see. I'm glad that you found some people that you really enjoy working with. But one other thing that I do want to ask you about was what were some of the biggest adjustments when you moved from Japanese wrestling style to the w W E style and system.
Speaker 3: At the n W but started kat.
Speaker 5: Mama there.
Speaker 1: Right there.
Speaker 5: It does no story back you know called China a person who goes it and know the.
Speaker 2: Door disc so the day there's a character call that's it there.
Speaker 5: So this net so but you your call characters a character that go Hi the character you know there mutual again back cake and sever h Okay.
Speaker 3: So from my w W experience for she really they asked her to just be herself and the wrestling style and just be her and she wanted to show the strong style that she has. But the the company like when the top person changed, it's really different. And with WW it was more character. She was more characterized, like she had more characters. They asked her for to be more like a character's characterized and more entertainment wise, like it's a little different in WW because it's a huge entertainment. That was the that was the change. She she couldn't just do the Japanese stuff. She had to change.
Speaker 1: Yes, I see, So were there any aspects of your WEE experience that influenced how you approach matches or your character work. You mean by now yes, after her WWE experience, is there anything that maybe change in her wrestling style or her character style?
Speaker 5: Now the.
Speaker 4: Master home there so a.
Speaker 5: So is minasokas ocasional. But that was going at the you know, so you never Paco.
Speaker 2: Knows not the Miana way to trainingco.
Speaker 5: And there that is American and so to grow up how.
Speaker 3: Okay, So when she was in ww she thought that all the wrestlers were like the top, all the top wrestlers, they were really professional with everything their physical like weight training, and even like even the costume and gown. Everything was just just on point. Everything was top notch. So that really made her think, like this, this is really professional in every way. So that made her change a little bit. When she came back to Japan, she she became she started looking a little bit different about everything.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's pretty interesting. I'm glad that you were able to pull some positives from the JAB or the WWE scene and go over to the Japanese scene with it and use what you learned a little bit. That's a really great thing to do. Uh So, How did it feel returning back to Japan? Was it liberating for you? Did you feel a little more free once you came back or how did it feel?
Speaker 3: The key?
Speaker 5: And do you.
Speaker 4: So you that's who?
Speaker 5: Is that? The more.
Speaker 4: I know?
Speaker 5: Can't you know what?
Speaker 4: Colin?
Speaker 5: I need to go to kind guys?
Speaker 3: Okay, So she was in w W for two and a half years, but she learned a lot while she was there because w W was the world the most famous promotion. So she really learned a lot being in w W E promotions and she was able to bring that to Japan.
Speaker 1: I see, so your wrestling style is known for its intensity and precision. How would you describe your in ring philosophy?
Speaker 3: The study channel stitle? Okay, do you started? I don't know you who need whan? He sits in there?
Speaker 5: Tony could and I.
Speaker 2: Know not this okay thing, but by see this gettle So you say any more seem no, no, no, my the wrongest.
Speaker 4: Position?
Speaker 5: Then just.
Speaker 7: Do you know?
Speaker 4: Okay? So do not like to lose?
Speaker 3: She fights her best uh even though she has like a opponent who's heavier, whose bigger wrestler, she does not want to lose. She go after everybody without no fear, and her style is a strong style wrestling, and she's from She has like a spirit of a j W or Japan Joshi wrestling because her mentor was also AJW. So she has that pride of I'm not gonna lose, I'm not I'm gonna win type of model, and she wants to show this is women's wrestling, this is women's professional women's wrestling.
Speaker 4: That's what she wants to show.
Speaker 1: That's awesome and I'd like to relay to her, I'm really glad that you are carrying on the legacy of aj W. That's a beautiful thing to be doing.
Speaker 4: And thank you of course.
Speaker 1: So next question, do you approach Max shows differently when wrestling abroad versus in Japan?
Speaker 4: Do you approach excuse and savvy Marrick? What you said?
Speaker 1: Do you approach does she approach matches is differently when wrestling abroad versus in Japan?
Speaker 4: Oh, I told you Kasca in Mademos, the.
Speaker 2: Monaga guy, I know, yep, your g at the euro Han creator know there.
Speaker 5: So Cose was didn't know next City mang.
Speaker 8: This yep, that's the creators and this So you men are so a little too.
Speaker 5: Hig know.
Speaker 3: Okay, So she love doing matches out of Japan because especially the fans are so different. They all cheer, they're all more active, they'll put that everything in worlds. In Japan, it's a little different. They're a little bit more quiet. They some some of them, yes, of course they say stuff, but cheer on and stuff. But the United States, UK, the whole other. Out of Japan, the fans are definitely different. And that cheer really makes change her inside like a spirit. By wrestling, it really works like it really changed her. She wanted, she's she's she's happy, she's she want to fight more. It makes her wrestle better, I guess.
Speaker 1: I see, it motivates her a little bit. I see. Yes, that's a good way to put it. So what were some culture shocks that you have faced when going to some of these places that you had never been before?
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 5: Comes Nanda.
Speaker 8: Anymore?
Speaker 5: Yeah, they got through has yes, Mina and so that to go mil So it's the goy I know, and I can't do that and then together.
Speaker 3: Glend Okay, So outside there everybody is very friendly, like she will go outside anytime, they'll say hi to her like they're they're not friends, but they will always say hi.
Speaker 4: They will greet her outside.
Speaker 3: It's kind of not that often the Japanese in Japan, they does that to somebody you don't even know. So that was the huge difference. Everybody feel like everybody's very friendly.
Speaker 1: Okay, I see that is I guess a little bit different. I never really thought about that. But so something else I do want to ask you, ma'am, So how important is personal authenticity versus your character work in pro wrestling?
Speaker 3: To you, Jibunoid w W the character so we just started on the start, but.
Speaker 4: She must go.
Speaker 2: The more this thiscase on the characters there to sign your home tilted.
Speaker 5: Hi.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: So the character work it really help her in different way, like build her a little different character, but she wants she she's still like the wrestle her Japanese way. It was the character work was really like she learned some lesson that was what it was, and she she does have that bit in her, but she really want to do the Japanese wrestling.
Speaker 4: She want to represent Japanese Joshi wrestling.
Speaker 1: I see, I see so Whoen's wrestling in Japan has a very strong tradition. How do you see your role in that legacy and the Nihon.
Speaker 4: I know you, I know you made this juddy Iku do you? I know? Likes right? Who is there?
Speaker 2: Im Cocona and pass nin mas change just remember the nakata and then dump on the taik cornay you know that?
Speaker 5: What does the car know you? And I cannot.
Speaker 4: Ms okay.
Speaker 3: So just like back in the days like Dumpsung, Damoto, Chikusa, Nagayo, they were always on TV, but recently her her time when she was wrestling it was not really that much of a TV show in Japan. But nowadays a lot of Joshi, the young girls, they start to get on the TV shows in different foreign outside of Japan promotion.
Speaker 4: So she wants to tell the world that.
Speaker 3: Wrestling is a fight, that she she wants to show the Japanese wrestling that she knows her strong style.
Speaker 4: That's what she wants to do.
Speaker 1: I see. So what are your thoughts on the current Dyoshi wrestling both at home and globally?
Speaker 4: Uh America? The josh it's I think it's very hard.
Speaker 5: She still lives steak.
Speaker 3: Yes, I think it's really hot right now. The the women's wrestling itself, even like the Japanese women's wrestlers are out there doing their things wrestling, so she would love to have more matches outside of Japan, and she she will she will love that, She will love wrestling with other other wrestlers outside.
Speaker 4: Of the Japan.
Speaker 1: Okay, speaking of Wich, can you name a few that you'd really like to go up against?
Speaker 4: I know, I know, and.
Speaker 5: Do you think?
Speaker 3: Yes, she do want to go against Ata from a W and Tony Storm.
Speaker 1: Okay, I like that. So if you had to choose a dream opponent from any point in history, whether it's today or whether it's from all the way in the past, who would you choose?
Speaker 4: So Yumo.
Speaker 3: Region that?
Speaker 4: All right? Hi?
Speaker 5: I know Tvan. Need you change Storm? Do you change your guy that you made? You made this started?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 9: I stay in this Carris, No, it's you made your kids.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: My my huge dream was a Tiffany Storm that she was in the same she used to have match n x T together, but she's really famous now and it's really her dream to go against her one more time.
Speaker 1: Okay? Was that Tiffany Stratton or Tony Storm? There? It seems like you said to names there by accident.
Speaker 4: Tiffany, Yes, Tiff.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, that makes sense. She is champion, I believe at the moment or I haven't really been watching too much w W recently, but that was the last I saw. And yeah, she's really made a name for herself and you guys matches together. Also, I did see some clips. You guys really did tear the house down a little. I really appreciate watching.
Speaker 4: This that mm.
Speaker 1: Okay, So how did your family and friends react when you chose this path?
Speaker 5: So you know that so is it?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 3: So the family knew from when she was younger that she really wanted to be the wrestler, So once she wanted to step in that wrestling ring.
Speaker 4: They were all supportive that. That's all they did was being really supportive for her.
Speaker 1: Oh that's really cool. Glad that your family was supportive of your decision to go after your dream like this. That's really awesome. Your family was all on board with it. Okay. So who do you believe would be the greatest wrestler of all time, male or female from any point in history. Who do you think is the greatest?
Speaker 4: So and Ichiban listen that conco but Angonia.
Speaker 5: Just going at the butt it.
Speaker 4: Hi the time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you don't know you but going at the.
Speaker 3: Okay, So it was Antonio Inoki like in real lifetime. She never see his match because she was not born yet, but she hear a lot about it. She read a lot about it in magazine, the books, TV shows, so she she really respect Antonio. She thinks he's the greatest wrestler of all time.
Speaker 1: I see that makes a lot of sense. It's kind of funny because Boll had the same answer, and I really like that. Miss Yeah, all right, so what advice would you give your younger self at the start of your career?
Speaker 3: And do you Ima Ima mascot mother.
Speaker 2: Debut chance coming there?
Speaker 5: No, then it's just.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: So she said, just be yourself, just be just think about wrestling. Just just get your chance. That's why when you can get the chance, go get it and just be yourself. Do whatever you have to do to make that chance into something, and just keep on wrestling.
Speaker 4: Do not, you know, do not do not give up, and just keep on wrestling.
Speaker 1: I like that very straight to the point with it. So do you have any specific moment when you realized that this is what was meant for you?
Speaker 5: A most united mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Okay, so she feels like it's always been that way. She felt that way because she loved wrestling so much and this is the only thing she wants to do, so she she always felt like she has to be a wrestler.
Speaker 1: I see, So we're coming down to the end here. I've only got a couple more questions. So, so, what do you want your legacy in wrestling to be?
Speaker 4: It? Does Harten? What don't do you hunt.
Speaker 5: Aubun?
Speaker 1: Do you.
Speaker 5: You? I don't know this, just you know very Antonio.
Speaker 2: Hi Stae sore Ca.
Speaker 3: Okay, So she really want to win this i w GP title because it has some relations also to in Antonio in this i w GP belt, So she really want to be the champion and want to show that to the world that this is Sari Sari, and she want to show this is a woman's wrestling. That's that's what she want to keep on doing and she wants people to know ask her legacy.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's pretty cool. I'm glad that you're striving to be like one of your favorites there. That's really cool. But uh so, coming down to the end here, do you have any message for your fans watching or listening around the world.
Speaker 4: It's fun.
Speaker 5: Hip, so it's.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 5: So Hi.
Speaker 3: From she will be out like she would love. She want everybody to know that this is Sary. She once she put the bell on, she will be all over the world. She want to show everybody her wrestling style that this is Sari with her belts. She hopefully will have the belt with her when she go all over the world. She will be going more out of Japan. She will be having to wrestle more out of Japan this year, so she will she was she can't wait to see all the fans to show her wrestling amazing.
Speaker 1: So last question that I'll ask, so, do you have any recommendation from the audience, as we always do at the end of wrestle magic can be anything from movie, TV show, video game, poems, music, anything that you can think of. Cap read. I don't care anything that you want.
Speaker 4: Sai sis, she said. French bulldog.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like that. I like French bull dogs.
Speaker 5: Hi, Hi Trump Hi.
Speaker 4: She has a French bulldog named Champ.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's adorable. I love French bulldogs. They're just their smushed faces so cute.
Speaker 3: But yes, she she recommends to everybody to get French bulldog.
Speaker 1: All right, that's awesome. But all right, so coming down to the end here, miss Sarey, I really appreciate you being here and I do just want to say you have really made a name for yourself. I want you to keep going. You're doing amazing things. Keep going. You're doing great out there, and I want to see you have that belt as well. Next time that I see anything about.
Speaker 4: You, you know, missus, I get to go that side.
Speaker 1: We're gonna end the show just the same as we do every time as always do something nice for somebody. You never know who needs it out there. Somebody always needs a little bit of a helping hand. And in the words of my friend Memphis Mark, we're out.
Speaker 7: Thanks for listening to the w w E Podcast. Don't forget to subscribe on your favorite podcast app so you don't miss a show, or head to w w E podcast dot com and for all of these shows add free head over to Patreon dot com slash w w E podcast. Until then, we'll see you next time.