Speaker 1: Welcome in to the FFPC Insider Access show right here on the Better Sports Network. Welcome in to Fantasy Football Night in America. It is September eleventh, twenty twenty twenty. Excuse me, twenty twenty five, not twenty twenty. That'd be really bad, that would be awful. Yes, I am your host, Eric Balkman at Eric Balkman on the X. You know me from the Rodovus High Stake Slowdown of course, the a Fantasy Football Players Championship, and the High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour as well. Being joined tonight by my guest co host, the Man, the Myth, the Legend, the senior analyst for for for for Football. He does data collection and analysis for Pro Football Focus as well, and always banging the table for the offensive line. According to his ex profile, he is Justin Edwards at Justin Underscore Redwords on the X. Good evening, my friend. So glad that you are popping a board tonight, man.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, for sure, definitely stoked.
Speaker 3: We've got a lot of really awesome things to cover tonight, so on we stoke to chat it up with you.
Speaker 1: Why are you banging the table for the offensive line, Justin? Is it just because it's an unheralded aspect of fantasy football. Is that what it is?
Speaker 2: I think?
Speaker 3: So, I think it just doesn't get talked about enough. Over at four for four, I do a weekly O line matchups column, just kind of comparing my weekly ranks of offensive line against either good or bad defenses to find maybe some offenses we aren't targeting based on whatever, and maybe that's just another data point we can throw on it. I've done a little bit of research on how exactly certain metrics or combinations of O line metrics can impact or can kind of describe fantasy football output.
Speaker 2: So I try to push it out there.
Speaker 3: I don't feel like a lot of people are doing that too often, So I felt like I would pull up the flag for the big guys.
Speaker 1: We all have to find our niche, and you clearly have with that, so obviously you're all set there. If you want to be all set for fantasy football this season, you probably were with the FFPC, the Big Gorilla, the FFPC Main Event, both of our Best Ball tournaments, super Bracket Terminator. For the first time and quite some time. I mean it's at least been a half decade, all those reached capacity which was awesome, so big shout out to all the FFPC players watching tonight. Couldn't have done it without your support. But that doesn't mean that you can't play FFPC new leagues throughout the course of the season. The Weekly Challenge is back and it is live now for week two. There's no draft in this, there's no salary cap there. You're just packing ten players whatever ten players you want to formulate your lineup week to week. You can win up to twenty five hundred dollars. We have ten team formats, thirty team contests, and one hundred team competitions as well. The slamt is it's just basically like our Playoff Challenge. You can only pick one player per NFL team. So if you want to pick Jalen Hurts, you can't have Saquon Barkley. If you want to have Daniel Jones, you can't have Michael Pittman. If you want to have Trevor Lawrence, you can't have Brenton Strange. That's basically the slant on it. Sign up now, register now my FFPC dot com, my ffpc dot com. Shout out to our producer Matt Deutsch tonight doing the producing which we really appreciate, and I want to kick things off with the Kansas City Chiefs. By the way, tonight on the show to get you guys kind of reused to the format that we do during the season. This is basically the fastest growing fantasy football pregame show out there. We're going to do the first segment on the program tonight kind of catch you up on what happened in week one, but most importantly, what's going to happen in week two. Second segment is our Thursday night preview, where Justin and I are going to go back and forth on a lot of the fantasy issues that you're facing with your teams tonight. I know that I'm facing with some of mine, and we'll kind of get those starts and sits hammered out and that will lead us right into kickoff. And then for the final segment, we're just going to watch the game with you and we'll tell you what's going on, and we'll answer some start sick questions for all the other games, and that'll be the show. And then by the time time we're done, you're gonna have to watch the final three quarters by yourself because we won't be on the air anymore. But that'll be the tonight's show, and I want to kick things off tonight with some Xavier Worthy news and maybe it's not news, but the latest we have regarding Xavier Worthy after his nasty shoulder injury on this past Friday night against the Chiefs, Matt McMullen said that he is going to be practicing in some capacity today. Is Xavier Worthy, And I would imagine it would probably be limited and a step in the right direction, obviously after not practicing yesterday. If he does get in a full practice, I would say he's going to be all systems go for the Super Bowl rematch against the Philadelphia Eagles. Jalen Royle, as we know, is not practicing today. He's still dealing with knee tendonitis. So justin this this is what we have to talk about here. Number one, if Xavier Worthy is active, do you play him? Are you worried about him being perhaps a decoy or being on any kind of snap count in this game? Because we know how good he can be when he's healthy, and we also know Rashie Rice is not out there. We saw what happened at the end of last season with no Rashie Rice. It was a lot of Xavier Worthy, and now I'd imagine we'll see a lot of it again if he's healthy enough to do it. The question is, if he is active on Sunday, what are we doing with him? Are we just blindly playing him or is it a more nuanced decision.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm not super confident that he's going to be out there in a full capacity.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's certainly possible.
Speaker 3: All the any of the footage I saw today was him pretty mummified out there, but he was on the field, which is obviously a positive. They're scraping the barrel here, obviously enough that we are back in the throes of whether or not they're going to trade for Tyreek Hill. If Worthy's out there, I would try to stay away just in week two. Obviously they want to be they're not trying to start zero to two, they're not trying to get beat up by the Eagles again, so they're probably gonna want.
Speaker 2: Him out there if they can.
Speaker 3: But as you said, or as you hinted at, is he going to be a decoy?
Speaker 2: I think i'd.
Speaker 3: Probably move him to like a more of a wide receiver. Three or orbtion, depending on how big.
Speaker 2: My league is.
Speaker 3: They kind of scrambled in Week one. Obviously, three snaps into the game, losing the guy that you're trying to build the passing offense around before Rashi Rice comes back isn't the best scenario. We saw Hollywood Brown get fourteen targets even though he had that brutal drop earlier in the game, they still kept feeding him. Juju had his five receptions in the middle of the field. Taekwon Thornton had a whole bunch of air yards, the unrealized air yards. He came down with a couple, I think, or maybe one. So like, I don't know, even if Worthy he's not out there, is are we thinking about starting Taekwon Thornton in a super deep league.
Speaker 2: I would assume not. Juju Smith has a very cap ceiling.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I think they probably don't want to be thrown at the Hollywood Brown fifteen times a game either, So you know, I think, in a roundabout way, my answer is if worthies out there, I don't know that I'm forcing him onto teams, but I would feel pretty crappy if I didn't stick him in as a wide receiver.
Speaker 2: Three and he went for you know, eighty yards and a touchdown.
Speaker 1: You know the other thing that is problematic about this situation justin it's a four to twenty five kickoff, right, so you got you got to kind of figure out what you're doing. I one of my buddies, always a long time high stakes player. He always says, you know, if you pay attention to what the reporters, the insiders are saying, so to speak, Sunday morning, sometimes you can kind of get an inkling of where these guys are trending. I have not had that luck, Like I usually do not find anything that's tipping the scales prior to one pm at all on Sunday morning. So I think we'll know more what happens in practice tomorrow and if he gets in, If he gets in a full practice, I feel pretty comfortable starting him. If it's limited, again, I don't know. It kind of depends upon your options and we'll try to help you out as much as we can. We have. We already have a question offer tonight's game over on Twitch. It's exotasitis. I'm assuming exatasitis. Jacry krossky merrit Or Juju Smith Schuster so Krossky Merrit taking on the Packers toendate. Obviously, we talked about Smith Schuster going against the Eagles at Arrowhead. I would lean towards Krosskey Merrit here. Well, we'll talk about him more in the next segment, but but I feel like the usage. I feel much more comfortable with the usage with Krosskey Merrit. With Smith Shuster, you're kind of I.
Speaker 3: Mean, I don't know, you're like hoping for five and forty maybe yeah, maybe, but I think that might be best case scenario honestly, you know, gets into the end zone to some.
Speaker 1: But that's why I say JCM here.
Speaker 3: Justin yeah, I think I have to agree, and I'm not. We'll talk to on it later. I'm not huge into Bill this week, but I'm more into Bill than messing with Juju.
Speaker 1: I think, Yeah, the Denver Broncos, we have to talk about them here. The head coach Sean Payton after their game said that he's got to be better there in regards to a question he was asked about running the ball only three times against seventeen passes in the first quarter. I'm going to repeat that for a second because it's just weird to SAI out loud twenty plays for the Denver Broncos in the first quarter on Sunday. Seventeen of those plays were Bonnecks passes, only three of them were runs. When you have JK. Dobbins, when you have.
Speaker 2: RJ.
Speaker 1: Harvey, they decided to pass pass past past pass pass. Now, the Broncos in that game ultimately ended up beating the Titans. But we have to talk about the backfield here. RJ. Harvey six carries for seventy yards, hit along and fifty so basically, you know, five for twenty and then a busted one.
Speaker 2: JK.
Speaker 1: Dobbins carried the ball sixteen times in this game, justin he only had sixty three yards. In the passing game. He did catch two passes for five yards. RJ. Harvey had one catch for negative one yards. Did we learn anything about this backfield as far as how to treat it for fantasy going forward? I feel like as this is, you know, the closer we got to the start of the season, the less helium Harvey had and the more that Dobbins was was and he wasn't really steaming up, but he was going a little bit higher in draft boards leading up to the start of week one, and then what do we see here? We see eighteen touches for Dobbins, we see seven for Harvey. Is that what we should expect more going forward?
Speaker 3: I would expect it to be I expected to be a little closer to an even split, but I mean something closer to like, you know, sixty five to thirty five, not exactly like a fifty fifties play, at least not yet. We did obviously as you mentioned that, see that big fifty yard run from R. J.
Speaker 2: Harvey.
Speaker 3: That was, I mean easily the longest run that they've had in the last two years from a main running back. You had Jeleia mcgofflin top out of twenty one yards last year, Javonte Williams top out at twenty you know, pretty pretty regularly Gavante Williams stat line over the last few years. I still want to be starting JK. Dobbins, but I would prefer to have Harvey over the course of the season. I think they're both going to bring more explosiveness to this offense. And kind of going back to the point of the seventeen passes in the first quarter, I'm wondering if he was just trying to get Knicks going. Didn't look quite on point to start off the twenty twenty five season. The people that drafted him was like the QB seven or QB six or whatever. I would expect more Harvey usage between the twenties.
Speaker 2: I would think that JK.
Speaker 3: Dobbins is probably going to continue or start having the goal line role when they're consistently within the five yard line.
Speaker 2: But that he could lose that too.
Speaker 3: We all know that Dobbins is the you know, the injury prone guy. He's bess plenty of games over the last forever since in the NFL.
Speaker 2: I think I would have both in like the RB.
Speaker 3: Three range for now, and I think Harvey's probably someone that we want in the second half of the season and we might just have to have him the bench now, especially in more shallow leagues. We don't want to be shoving him in like ten man leagues, ten team leagues.
Speaker 1: It's a real tough situation because Harvey, I think I'm with you. I think Harvey is the guy that carries you to the promised LAMB. Yeah problem, Miss Dobbins is the guy that gets you into the position where you can actually see the promised lamb right, and you don't want to draft both of them. Obviously, you don't want to have both of them on your team unless you're playing in like a closed twelve team league, then I think it makes a little bit more sense as far as this week goes. I'm a little bit more bullish on JK. Dobbins than you are, but not much. I think Harvey is a guy that in a pinch, I guess I could flex him out, but I wouldn't feel like I wouldn't like him as like a grade A top choice for my flex on week two, when there's no buys Right. In a pinch, then yeah, okay, maybe I'd play him, but I wouldn't want to. I want to look elsewhere. Dobbins, I actually feel okay starting as a flex and maybe a back end top twenty five running back this week. It's close, but that's how I handle it. As they are on the road in Indianapolis to take on the vaunted Colts who just absolutely destroyed the Miami Dolphins last week, do we have anything in the Yeah? We Okay, We'll get to the Dolphins in a little bit because I want to pick your brain on that team and Tyreek hill going forward, because it's not a really good situation at all. The Seattle Seahawks had an interesting, well maybe not interesting split dependent upon what you were expecting to see from Zach Scharbona and Kenneth Walker. Sharbonna twelve carries forty seven yards, he gets into the end zone. Kenneth Walker ten carries for twenty yards, no catches, no targets. Even for Charbonay, Kenneth Walker ends up getting three catches for four yards in a seventeen to thirteen loss to the San Francisco forty nine ers. As we got closer to the end of drafting season, justin I did notice that a lot of the people that were saying that Kenneth Walker, a lot of the high stakes players that were saying, Kenneth Walker is actually the guy that you want this year. He's going to crush it. They got Kubiak in there, now they got Grub out of there. It's gonna be a big Kenneth Walker season. I feel like, sort of like the second week of August, a lot of those people turned into like, you know what, it might actually be sharbon Ay. We still like the Seattle Seahawks running game, but Charbone might be the guy to own there and clearly what we saw here week one, technically, Walker had more touches than sharbon A did in this game. Scharbon Ay again without a target, but Sharbone definitely the more productive out of the two. Sharbon Ay and Walker go to Pittsburgh this week. Who did not look like the Steelers defense that I was associated with against the New York Jets this past weekend. In week number one, you got sharbon Ay and Walker there? Can you can? We still feel okay about plugging Kenneth Walker in because a lot of people draft them as a second running back and even if you don't like starting him as your second running back, you could still flex him out. Is that still smart? Given what we saw out of this backfield last week?
Speaker 3: Whether it's smart or not, I'm still doing it. But it does worry some for sure. Walker fitted twenty twenty four eleventh and snap rate, sixth and rush attempts share and fourteenth in route participation. In week one he was thirty eighth, thirty second, and thirty third, so very worrisome numbers. Obviously, this is much more of a fifty to fifty split than we were figuring it would be.
Speaker 2: I'm still plugging Walker in.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's just sticking with my priors here, but I did take a lot of Walker. I thought there would be sharbon ay or I knew there would be sharbon A games, but man, maybe not like this. And yeah, I mean we would expect the Steelers to be quite a handful as a rush defense in general, but I mean the Jets had a pretty good time running against him last week. I'm still probably forcing Walker into my lineups and convincing myself that it was maybe a fluke of a week. It is only one data point. It's only one week, right, But you know, we'll see. They have an eighteen point three projected team total this week. They scored thirteen points last week against the forty niners defense, so they do have a pretty difficult runout of defenses presumably to start the season.
Speaker 2: They get the Saints next week, so maybe if.
Speaker 3: Walker is kind of leaf frogged again in week two, I can still convince myself that by week three and with New Orleans, he'll he'll climb back to the top. But yeah, I'm still still starting Walker. But I do not feel as good as I was expecting. To feel after week one.
Speaker 1: You know what's going to happen now that you bring up the Saints game in week three, what's going to happen is we're going to see Kenneth Walker take a back seat to Sharbonne as far as efficiency goes this game, and we'll all be ready to start charbona next week. But then the Seahawks will get out to this, you know, ten thirteen to fourteen point lead, and Loz grind it out with Kenneth Walker, and then we won't know what the hell to do in week four. That's just fantasy football in a nutshell, That's how it goes. Let's go to some questions we have on YouTube right now. William Brown is first up. He is in an f FPC dynasty league, so tight end premium scoring on this one. Which side would you rather have in a vacuum here? Is it going to be the Omari and Hampton Terrence Ferguson side or is it going to be the Tyler Warren and Braylan Allen side. You can only have one. Which one is getting the better end of this trade? Justin once again in a vacuum, I think I.
Speaker 3: Would rather have the Warren and Braylen Allen. To be honest, I think Warren might be the most significant piece of this puzzle. And even if I'm taking the drop in obvious drop from Hampton Brylan Allen, I still think I'm probably sticking with the Warren side.
Speaker 1: What initially I was, I thought I'd rather have Hampton and Ferguson because of the pet draft pedigree for Hampton, first round pick obviously, you know, running offense. And then Ferguson, a guy who's probably the heir apparent, would have been a first round pick with the Rams this year had they not taken them in the second round. You know, they took them in the Secon round because they traded to let the Falcons back in the first round. Otherwise Ferguson would have been a first round pick. Initially I thought that, but then if I look look at this a little bit further, you know, even when Najie Harris was dealing with this this superficial eye injury which turned out to be super superficial, the the the the response we got from Greg Roman was that Hanton was always gonna rotate with somebody there. So I don't know if this will ever technically be his quote unquote backfield. I think that he may always just be a one a at best and and never just a one and Ferguson, yeah, he could turn out to be something, but that Sean McVay offense got those top two receivers get so many targets, and the running backs and tight ends kind of get scraps. Whereas you look at Tyler Warren, I mean, this guy already looks like a top five tight end in Fantasy after after one game and everything we saw in in preseason. We have seen Tyler Warren uh shoot up draft boards where he was like, uh, you know, drafted twelfth or thirteenth back in June, and now he was coming off the board at like, you know, the fifth tight end off the board, the sixth tight end off the board. And obviously the careers for tight ends for studs, especially ones, this pedigree as Warren is, they're a lot longer than Hampton. Braylan Allen is interesting because I know he steamed up quite a bit and we saw a lot of efficiency from Breece Hall in this last game. I don't know how long Breece Hall is for New York and Braylan Allen could maybe not be like the most dynamic starting running back, but he could there could be something there. I think when it comes down to it, in a tight end premium format like the FFPC, the scales tipped to me a little bit more with Warren over Hampton. And that's why I'm gonna agree with you here. I think the Warren Allen side is the one I've won.
Speaker 3: I would argue that Ferguson might not have Stafford for long, but we also have no idea what the quarterback situation in Indianapolis is going.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, yeah, No, that's a good point. That's a good point. Ice cold Og Jones. This is another Bill Merritt question. Uh, he's got one one of these players in the flex. It's got to be Quinn sh I'm assuming Quentin john Johnson or is it Quinn Shown It's not. That's Judge's gotta be Johnson, Quentin Johnston, Bill Merritt, Khalil Shakir, Jayden Reid, you can only start one of those. I can't. I can't. I can't make an argument to start Quenton Johnson over any of those guys. So he's the first guy a bench. Jayden Reid looked really good out there in Week one, but at the same time, like he wasn't out there a ton. The Packers are still rotating through the receivers quite a bit, and so it comes down to merit or Shakir for me, justin I don't know if you can tip me in the correct direction if it comes down to those two.
Speaker 2: I mean, I feel like I'm going Shakir here.
Speaker 3: I mean, we could look at the week one numbers from Buffalo, but they had like they run like eighty eighty offensive plays. That's not gonna happen every week, which is kind of another reason why I do love that Keon Coleman had a week last last week. But it's kind of like how many how many times they can run eighty plays? I'm probably going just going for Shakir for the floor, not that Bill doesn't have a floor, but I don't know. I mean, there any given game, Shakir could have like eleven targets, they're only going to go for sixty five yards.
Speaker 1: But yeah, and he had six for sixty four this past week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, right.
Speaker 1: To your point. Yeah, I mean, I don't think you need to get crazy here. I think that Merritt would would obviously have more of the upside, more exciting player to start, he is the more fun click as the kids say. But I think the smart play here is Khalil Shakir. I don't know if you saw this justin, but the bidding in the FFPC last night, in the first in season waiver wire of the year, it was crazy. We saw Juwan Johnson I believe it was Juwan Johnson go for like not or maybe it was Quentin Johnston went for nine hundred and ninety eight dollars. But we also saw out of a thousand. Yeah, but we also saw some crazy I do too, It's fantastic. We also saw some crazy bidding on Juwan Johnson, who was out there in a lot of leagues and three Wolves wants to know how much fab was too much fab to spend on Juwan Johnson, And I always answer these questions like it kind of depends upon your roster. You know, if you had Trey McBride and Colston Loveland as your top two tight ends, then yeah, I think you put in like one hundred and fifty dollars, one hundred and seventy dollars, keep him on his bid and you move on. But if you waited on tight end and you had like Hunter Henry and you know, Mason Taylor and Juwan Johnson's out there, then yeah, I think it makes sense for you to go for a few hundred seven hundred dollars to pick him up eight catches if I remember correctly, for Juwan Johnson in week one.
Speaker 2: He ran the most routes at the position.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which, this is a guy that has battled a lot of stuff over there, especially injuries. But he's healthy now. He looked good and and and I think like he's not gonna get he catches a game, But as far as how his usage went and how efficient he can be, I think that was This is real, This is believable. As long as he's healthy, this guy is going to be flirting with top fifteen tight end status every single week. And that means you are in the flex conversation every single week in the FFPC justin right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I'm also notoriously bad about just like I don't like having fab for the whole season.
Speaker 2: If I if I like someone, I just like to go for it.
Speaker 3: So yeah, if you're talking about your tight ends, are Kate Otten and whatever else? Like, Yeah, go go get Jawan Johnson put four five hundred dollars on it.
Speaker 2: Whatever, right, go get it.
Speaker 1: Steve G. Chiving into he said, Juwan Johnson was just as bad in some places in regards to Quentin Johnston, so he did go high in a lot of spots. I haven't looked at the fillipport from Fantasy Mojo to see where where it all stacked up, but yeah, it was. It was a Juwan john Quentin Johnston night last night for fab A Manster twenty three wants to know Kyle Pitts or Juwan Johnson this week will answer that this question. First, I think it's pits even as involved as Johnson was. I just come back to this press conference that Michael Pennix had earlier this this training camp, this past training camp, where he just unprompted, opened up with press conference said do you guys see we threw to kp a lot today. There's going to be a lot of that this year. And he backed it up week one and with all apologies to Juwan Johnson, I do believe the athleticism and the talent is a little bit better, a little bit higher than Kyle Pitts. I think the offense in Atlanta, I'm much more excited about than the offense in New Orleans. So I give that the the edge to Kyle Pitts this week over over Juwan Johnson.
Speaker 2: Justin Yeah, big agree.
Speaker 3: And there's also there's questions about Drake and Mooney this week, which I think Drake's already been clear.
Speaker 2: If I mistaken.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't say he's been cleared, but he's definitely trending.
Speaker 2: In the right direction. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then Moony Moon, he's been out there but limited if I'm not mistaken. So I mean Pitts could once again be the number two pass catcher. And you know sometimes it takes tight ends a while, right, Yeah, I'm not yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And and wasn't he a younger player when he came into the when he came into the NFL.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's like twenty five.
Speaker 1: He turns twenty five in about a month. So this is crazy. That whole Falcon's corp. I'm just looking at this. Penix is twenty five, London's twenty four. Bejeon Robinson is twenty three. They got a good young nucleus of offensive talent for sure. In Atlanta, second part of a Manster's question, he's got to start. He's got to start two of these, Calvin Ridley, Deebo, Samuel Chris o'lave, Michael Pittman and Hollywood Brown. I would say that's a good problem to have. But that's a good problem to have when you have bye weeks. It is not a good problem to have when you have to figure this out on a week to week basis, when there are no buys and and all these guys are healthy. So just to go over this, you got Deebo, Samuel Tonight obviously in Green Bay, you have Hollywood Brown taking on the Eagles. That's on Sunday. O lave is at home against the Niners. And who am I forgetting Michael Pittman and Calvin Ridley Or did I already say Ridley Ridley at home against the Rams and then Michael Pittman is against the Denver Broncos I would eliminate Pittman right away from the defensive matchup that not only he has, but the Colts offense in general has. I would avoid him. Ridley. You know, it doesn't seem like he and cam Ward are totally on the same page. Yet a lot of targets, not a lot of connections last week, and they get another tough matchup in the Rams defense this week, so I would probably be benching both Ridley and Pittman, and then I got to eliminate one more. I don't know, like it's really really difficult to eliminate Hollywood Brown when we know the potential for all those targets if Worthy misses. Is that the latest game on this I believe, So yeah, yeah, unless it's no, because that that one starts earlier. Yeah, that that is the latest game. That is the latest game.
Speaker 2: That thinks that makes it more difficult, very difficult.
Speaker 1: So I guess if I have to pick two, I'm probably going Brown and Samuel. I guess it's it's Closedbo.
Speaker 2: Was my first.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree, And unless you know, maybe tomorrow Xavier Worthy's out there, full participant. They're like, Wow, wasn't even anything. He's going to be out there. Maybe you start to think about it, but I still think I like Hollywood.
Speaker 1: It's it's just those targets are just there. Maybe it's because it wasn't it was a one off game and I watched it, you know, and it's just fresh in my mind where it was an island. It was an island game. Yeah, just a brown and brown and brown more brown. And this is with Kelsey in there too as well. So let's see what else I want to get to here on with the YouTube chats is by the way, keep them coming tonight, guys. It has been really good so far. Dylan Fink, let's do his Dylan Fink has Tucker Craft tonight against the Commanders or Juwan Johnson against the Niners. He's already playing Daniels and krossky Merrit tonight, and he doesn't know if he wants to play three players from the same team against that defense on Thursday night football. Not always the best way to do it. In this case, I think I would. It's not like, excuse me, not three players in the same team in the same game. In this case, Craft is not on the Packers or is not on the Commanders. He's on the Packers, So I would have no problem starting Craft over Johnson. I like Craft quite a bit this week. So yeah, I'm sitting Johnson there and I'm playing Craft.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're starting like a little you're doing a little DFS bring back on your own re draft team exactly, and just so for the game to go, like, you know, over fifty or something in your set.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Billy on x H. I'm assuming he's we should just probably rank these guys because I can't believe he's considering sitting Chase Brown or Bucky Irving.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would.
Speaker 1: I would rank those two as must plays Brown and Bucky Irving if you don't pick one, I would. I guess I would play Brown. I would. I actually rank them in that order, justin Brown, Irving, Krosskey, Merrit and then Sampson right same.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's awesome to see Dylan Sampson come down with eight freaking catches in his first game. Quinn show Judkins could easily play this week, it's still the Browns. Are we gonna bank on him catching eight balls every week?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think it's probably in this order. And the first two are like not even a question.
Speaker 1: Debatable, not debatable, mL chiming in on YouTube with the Juwan Johnson knowledge. The most anybody spent on him in the FFPC made out of a possible thousands, the media was actually four twenty, and nobody got him for cheaper than one hundred and fifty bucks. Last night.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: So at this I'm assuming ML's getting this from Fantasymojo dot com, which is a great website as far as FFPC stuff goes as well. On Tame, I'm gonna guess on this one or Untaim. I'm not sure Baker Mayfield or Drake may this week. I was kind of down on Mayfield coming into this year, justin not not necessarily because of anything Mayfield did, but third different coordinator I saw in three years. I saw some regression in the mean coming. I didn't know how good Agbuka was gonna be. I knew Godwin was hurt. I knew Evans barely got his his thousand yards last year, so I've been kind of down on him. Drake May at Miami, Baker Mayfield at Houston. I think this comes down to how you feel about the matchup. We know the matchup is great for Drake may but is that good enough for you to sit in Mayfield against you know, which should be a much tougher matchup going to Houston. I leaned towards may but but I could definitely be sold on Mayfield here.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was low on Mayfield coming in and high on may and Week one didn't humbled me quite well. But yeah, I mean, Mayfield's ending stat line from week one looked good just in raw fantasy points, but he had four turnover worthy plays that were not intercepted. For PFF's numbers, he had like a fifty two percent completion rate. He didn't look that great. And then you know, maked, I mean, if Daniel Jones can do it, why can't Drake may do it?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, may runs just as much as Daniel Jones does too, so there's a built in rushing floor here.
Speaker 1: I think that I don't know, I could. I could end up playing Mayfield and just being really upset watching him. You know, get into Lake this pitcher's duel with with the Texans going back and forth. Well, May's already got three touchdowns in the second quarter or something like that, so I'm gonna go.
Speaker 3: Texans looked terrible last week too. Yeah that's true, just about as bad as the Dolphins did.
Speaker 1: Right, Yes, they were not good. Let's see here, uh Oon tam is another one tight end Tyler Warren or Tucker Craft open and closed here For me, I'm going Tyler Warren all the way.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's fair, and also another good another good problem to have.
Speaker 2: Honestly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, in FFPC, I would just be playing both those guys for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: Draft in one of my flesh exactly, Gary Slam twenty eight, Jacroya, Krossky Merrit Or RJ Harvey. This is PPR. I think I lean towards Krosskey merrit here, but maybe I'm just hating on Harvey a little bit too much.
Speaker 3: It's close for me, I would probably just stick Harvey, and even after us talking about it all that, I don't know that it gonna I mean, Bill's line today is like forty yards or something, not that he can't just beat a betting line. But right, yeah, I think I'd rather have Harvey.
Speaker 1: But you you have Harvey at Indianapolis, Crosskey Merritt in Green Bay tonight. You're right, it's close. I just feel like, I don't know. I say, the big playability gives Crosskey merrit the edge, but Harvey busted off a fifty yard run last week, So.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's I mean, it's so hard. It's so hard to say when it's just one play. It's like, right, we don't want to discount fifty yards because fifty yards is quite nice, but also it was just one play, so it's like, how do you how do you reconcile?
Speaker 1: Yeah, mL is saying Harvey there, he is, He's with you on that, saying Harvey should be the choice over Jaquori, Krossky Merrit there as well, three wolves. I'd love to answer your question. It's way too involved where you are asking us to pick four out of nine. It's just not gonna it's not going to be for good internet streaming tonight. Come back to us if you can narrow it down a little bit more, we will try to answer it as best we can. We've been talking a lot of backfields. In the first segment, I want to talk about Chicago one here with you justin because we had a situation this past week where DeAndre Swift, the guy who is like I can't remember what I called him, like the Houdini or the zombie, like the guy that just he avoids or the mind sweeper. That's what I called him. He's the mind sweeper because he avoided the minds in free agency, he avoided the mines in the draft and was hit just a little bit with seventh round Kyle Manungai. But he looked very good. I should say look very good. But he got a lot of touches and he was efficient enough with him where I think it worked out if he started him as a flex. Courtney Cronin, who covers the Chicago Bears, I believe for ESPN, quoted Ben Johnson is saying that he needs to call more runs and he needs to get Kyle Mnungai more carries going forward. Johnson said that the Bears were less than ted less than twenty called run plays against the Vikings, and he wants to increase that number, basically so he can get Kyle Mnungai on the field a little bit more. DeAndre Swift had seventeen run plays or handed seventeen carries. DJ Moore had the other three cars. And I don't know if this is just coach speaks saying that, like, we got to get Manungai out there more. Roshan Johnson is probably gonna be coming back here fairly soon. But as far as the Bear's backfield goes, I don't think we had a good answer for it at the end of draft season, one game in. Do we still not have a good answer for the guy that you want to be deploying.
Speaker 3: Yeah you still you you wanted a little more the good news and at least understanding what DeAndrea Swift is going to be in this In this new Ben Johnson Bears offenses, he looks exactly the same as he always has. He had two point about two point two yards created after contact in week one, which is right in line with the last two years of two four four and two four six, which ranked fifty fourth and fifty second out of all qualifying running backs. So he's just been plodding along for the last two seasons in both Chicago and Philadelphia. And then, yeah, as you said, nong guy has nine snaps in the game despite Roshan Johnson not playing. Maybe Ben Johnson just won to validate the fact that DeAndre Swift is the exact same player as he had in Detroit, and now he'll ship him off for a later pit or give someone else a little more run. Some of that inefficiency from DeAndre Swift was the Bears offensive line, which they've continued to move around the last few years, and it still didn't look exceptional. They had about zero point six yards created before contact on those seventeen runs for DeAndre Swift, which is not great. So you can give Swift a little bit of a pass for kind of looking like himself an on guy wasn't really like a bursty, explosive guy at Rutgers either, So I don't know if they're gonna look for him to be, you know, the change of pace back he's just going to be another DeAndre Swift. But I think it's still worth at least looking into it. There's there's a history between Swift and Johnson, and Swift is doing the same things he always does, so I should we.
Speaker 2: Should expect another face in the backfield.
Speaker 1: I think that at least for this week, Swift and the Bear is going to be in the Motor City. I think he's a fine you know, second running back start. He's a fine flex star. He's you know, like we'll see what I gotta see.
Speaker 2: No, no, absolutely tear off a long run or anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: And so it's as far as like starting him goes you start, I think you start him this week, you definitely keep him on your roster, and you see what happens with Manungai going forward, Oon tom uh or maybe it's one time, I don't know, wants to know he narrowed it down a little bit for us here justin we got to pick two of these running backs and and the fact that Derrick Henry and Ali Gordon are on the same list gives me a little pause. Maybe we shouldn't be answering this. Derrick Henry, James Cook, Kenneth Walker, Ali Gordon or Cam scataboo. Uh, you only have to pick or you can only pick two. I go with Cook and Henry here.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely, there's no there's no, there's no question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, although gaver Gavaria Gavearia Gaveleria, I'm gonna guess, uh, he wants to has a half PPR question. Normally we only do full PPR on this show. Although, but because you're watching us, we'll answer this one. You got to pick two of these guys.
Speaker 2: R J.
Speaker 1: Harvey, Calvin Ridley, Deebo Samuel and Hollywood Brown start to and sit to. Obviously, we talked a little bit about some of these players already. Harvey in Indianapolis, Deebo in Green Bay. Calvin Ridley is going up against the I'm forgetting this one. Calvin Ridley for the Titans Rams, that's right. Yeah, and then Hollywood Brown obviously against the Eagles at home on Sunday, you can only pick two. Half PPR changes it a little bit. I would say, I lean to where I probably I feel like we answered a similar question earlier. I think I'm gonna say the same two guys, Samuel and Hollywood Brown here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, same thing.
Speaker 3: Especially, I mean if it's where a full PPR, it'd be even more. Yeah, we know Debo is gonna get those dink and dunk kind of yep scammy PPR points like he does.
Speaker 2: But you know we love not complaining. Yeah, yeah, scam is.
Speaker 1: Always and people call it like Wandell Robinson was the PPR scam.
Speaker 2: That's always.
Speaker 1: It's always like it's got such a negative connotation for it, like I why do we like why do we like quarterback cheat code but we hate PPR scam. It's basically the same thing, like either they're both bad or they're both good. They can't one can't be one or the other. Okay, let's see, uh golden start Golden Tonight over Ricky Piersoll or Cedric Tilman half point PPR. I cannot do that justin.
Speaker 2: No, not not at this point.
Speaker 3: Maybe if we're asking this question like week ten. Maybe it's different, but at this point, no way. He played like thirty eight percent of the snaps in week one. Pierce All's gonna Pierceall's gonna have like a forty two percent target share this weekend.
Speaker 1: It's and and uh and and and Tilman. I mean, say what you will about about Jerry Judy. Tilman either holds his own or he's out targeting Judy when those guys are been healthy and playing together, So and go with as much as the Packers, you know, have different receivers in there, like they none of those guys ever gets a high enough snap count where I feel like anything more than like a back end flex. And that was proof positive. And we saw Detroit last week. I thought there was a chance that Matthew Golden could develop into be that guy that you could count on. And maybe he still will, but I'm not at that point. You know, I'm not at that point right now. Let's see what else do we get here? Untam another one here now full PPR. I'man Ross Saint Brown, Keon Coleman, Matthew Golden, Xavier Worthy, Romeo Dobs. Now we already talked about Worthy because he's late and he's playing late on Sunday. I think we eliminate him, So I'm doing Saint Brown here. I don't think I could play Dobbs, so I'm gonna go with Key On Coleman. I know we talked about how many plays of the Bills run on Sunday night, like eighty a lot, and Coleman put up numbers, but I still think I just want to verify to make sure that they are not playing at the same time. I think they're playing at one pm on Sunday, Yeah they are, So I'm gonna go with Coleman. I'm gonna go with Saint Brown here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's Saint Brown's no question. We have talked about how we're probably not touching Golden again.
Speaker 2: It's another guy. I'm not dropping Matthew Golden, but I'm not playing it all the time soon.
Speaker 1: The great thing about all the all these pass catchers in Green Bay with Craft and Golden and like, if any of these other guys go down, like if Jade Reid he's trying to play through through a Jones fracture right now, if he were to go down all of a sudden, Golden, Uh and Craft look a lot more startable than than they did before, right, exactly the let's see Richie Mercado, who to start, Mark Andrews, Dalton Kinkaid. I'm kind of out of the Dalton Kinkaid business man.
Speaker 2: I just I thought you're out on Andrews, like I like Andrews.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, like the Kincaid thing. I just we're seeing some of the same stuff we saw last year. All those points, all that yardage for Buffalo and and Kinka Just I mean, I think he scored a touchdown, right, didn't he get a touchdown that game?
Speaker 2: But that could be any tight end.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for for forty eight otherwise, so it's like three.
Speaker 3: Hundred and ninety four yards passing and he only got forty eight of them.
Speaker 2: I just it's.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I have to like really grind the tape to see if the misuse was happening again as far as the Bill's not accentuating his strengths enough, But looking at the box score, it's it's like he did not stand out you had. It's crazy you look at that. There's five guys for Buffalo in that game that had at least four catches too, And I don't think Josh Allen, to your point, is going to throw the ball forty six times again this week. So moving on, let's see here I want to go to. Let's talk about Quinschwn Judkins and the Browns, which we have not done yet. The latest we got on Quinshawn Judkins was that he was supposed to be practicing today. Have not seen the practice report today yet, but he did not practice yesterday. Ope, now I'm getting the update right now. He got enough full practice today. Yeah, we don't know what's gonna happen in this backfield in week two. I can tell you that I in no way, shape or form and considering starting Judkins this weekend. But the fact that he could be playing in this game it does change things a little bit. As far as Dylan Samson or maybe Jerome Ford as a flex, I think I would break ties against these Browns running backs with Judkins now practicing justin break ties against I should say the Browns running backs. I'm not sure if that's what I said, but break ties against them because this not only could be a messy situation when you're trying to guess how many times these guys are going to touch it, It's not like the Browns offensive line is a bunch of world beaters either.
Speaker 3: Right, I think Jerome Ford is probably full on drop territory if anyone's still holding on. And then yeah, Dylan Samson is probably the back end of a flex as well.
Speaker 2: I would prefer not to it.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know how desperate anyone is here in week two, but I'd rather just wait on all of the Browns backfield right now see what happens this weekend. I don't think we're going to be like missing down on a top a top eight running back performance by benching these guys and just see what comes around. I mean the risk for reward, the risk is like you get like four points out of someone, in the reward is you get thirteen points out of someone. It's just not enough for me to actually like plug these guys in my lineups. Unless again, if you're in a super deep league or a fourteen team league, maybe maybe you have to consider Dylan Sampson. And then yeah, as you said, I don't. I can't imagine I'm starting Judkins in any league right now?
Speaker 1: Did you do? Do you own him in any your League's Judkins?
Speaker 2: I mean, I think in like in like dynasty leagues. I don't think I have too. Yeah, I don't even know if I had him on any like best ball things this summer.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, Yeah, well I.
Speaker 2: Did, I did earlier. That's not fair.
Speaker 3: I did earlier in the summer, and then I would then I was pretty well staying away.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, which makes sense. I am on one or two best balls. I definitely have them on one or two dynasties as well, But as far as redraft like managed leagues go, I don't have him.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't think I have him on a single one.
Speaker 1: And he wasn't available last night for FAB either in any leagues, like he had already been taken by somebody else. So yeah, okay, we got war Eagle twoh one seven eight on Twitch right now. Flex position. Keenan Allen, DJ Moore, Kenneth Walker are his choices. I rolled with DJ Moore here in the Motor City over Allen and over Walker.
Speaker 2: I think that's fair.
Speaker 3: These are all I would probably package these guys in the same group of rankings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think Moore is totally fair.
Speaker 3: They're trying to get more the ball, obviously, whether it's in the backfield or out in the route as a wide receiver, of course, I mean it was. I mean, Keenan showed out quite well in week one, definitely far better than I would have imagined. But I think I'm still going with more here. And we talked about Walker and a difficult matchup and split in the backfield. Probably fifty Moore is probably the good call here.
Speaker 1: I think that's the way you roll. I'm with you definitely on this. Javonte Williams the story of the opening night game in Philadelphia with I was at the FFPC watch party and the buzz in the room was after he had scored his second touchdown in the second quarter. We're like, if he gets three, how high does he get? Drafted? In leagues later that night and leagues on Friday, leagues on Saturday. And some people that, now this is listen, there's alcohol involved. And some people said, and it's different when you say this and you're not on the clock. Some people told me, yeah, if he gets a third touchdown before halftime, he's going at the one to two turn and I'm taking him. Which alcohol was involved? Yeah, And they got it didn't happen because I think a lot of people would have been disappointed, but the full story from the opening night, Williams fifteen carries, fifty four yards, two touchdowns. He also caught two balls for ten yards the first two drives and with Javonte Williams one yard touchdowns. This is only the third time in his career that he had scored two touchdowns in the same game. He was a plotter, He was an accumulator. He had a ton between the tackles. He did not look elusive, he did not look explosive. Miles Sanders helped the Javonte Williams cause by losing a red zone fumble as well, so that helped Williams look even better. Jayden Blue was a healthy scratch that he wasn't even out. They couldn't even put him in if he wanted to. Williams to me, and I have him in a few leagues justin tell me if this makes sense. I feel fine with him flexing out in my Week two lineups. I feel a little dirty if I'm starting him as my second running back though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is another guy that I got incredibly wrong this summer.
Speaker 2: I mean, I still have time too, It's one week.
Speaker 1: It's one week.
Speaker 2: I have time.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, I mean, this is this is some helmet helmet scouting for sure, but this is like a very real feeling of late career Ezekiel Elliott, just like getting three and a half yards of carry but still getting double digit touchdowns.
Speaker 2: And then yeah, I mean Jaden Blue being a healthy scratch.
Speaker 3: Pregame was or the day before even maybe was like, man, I got this backfield very very wrong. I mean, if the Cowboys are going to be the kind of high octane passing offense as we think they may be with George Pickens, they weren't exactly in weak one, but again, they have time. They're going to be in near the goal line often, and these are a lot of touchdown opportunities. I don't think they were going to give Miles Standers those opportunities before that that fumble. They're not going to start after now, although maybe Blue is in a healthy scratch after I mean, that forty yard run was like almost all of Miles Sanders' yards, right, and then he fumbled at the end. It's true probably dog dog house material at this point. But yeah, I mean Javonte Williams is the only one we could start out of out of the three of them.
Speaker 1: Quite obviously, and and I I did deploy him out there in some lineups. We'll see if it if it works. By the way, No, not week one, I I deployed. I'm saying for week two, I deployed him. He gets the Giants this week. And I did talk just to some people because you get the free look in the FFPC it so obviously people inserted Javonte Williams into their lives. Then I talked to a couple of people who I play against in the kf F f C where you don't have the free look there, and and he was telling me, he's like, yeah, I ended up having to start him because he was he was missing some other guy that he was good. I can't remember, he said, but he's missing like a flex that like, oh, I can't play him now, And I had to start Davonte Williams. Well, that worked out nicely for you. Congratulations. A player that I drafted in a lot of spots late this year was Brishard Smith. Two kickoffs he gets returned for six three yards when they lost to the Chargers on Friday. Seems like even though he's a seventh round rookie, it seems like he might have a role in this offense when in I mean, I don't think I cut him at waiver like on the waiver wire run last night, any of my leagues. I want to see what happens, what develops here, because Kareem Hunt looks slow. You know, Pacheco the way he plays, he's not going to stay healthy for seventeen games. Elijah Mitchell's kind of you know, he's Elijah Mitchell.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 1: I think there's something here with Burschard Smith.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Pachaco and Kareem Hunt combined for zero point three to four yards per out run in Week one, which we probably could have expected. But Jaco's Jaco's out a pass catcher and Kareem Hunt hasn't been fast in half a decade. So if they want to get some explosiveness on the field, I mean you would think Burshard Smith would be the answer there. And if Worthy really is going to miss some time here, obviously Rashid Rice is still out for another four or five weeks, so getting some speed on the field at some point would probably be who of them as opposed to just making Patrick Mahomes run around. I guess I weren't making them, but he would have more options to not run around. If Brishard Smith would get a little playing time. I think he's a fantastic stash right now, see what happens, Like you said.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like I want I want him to hit before the buys, do you know, So I know if I can keep him around or not. But then that may even be too early to cut bait because we could see him develop at the end of the season and that's really when he could be crushing it for you. So it's it's it's keep him if you can. If you can keep him, keep him, because I think it might pay off speaking of a player that you may or may not want to keep anymore. Mike Florio Pro Football Talk reporting the NFL's begun a review of the recent domestic violence allegations against Tyreek Hill. We heard that there was some interest from both the Chiefs and the Steelers about trading for Tyreek Hill because it does seem the Dolphins season is already going down in the tubes. I bring this up from this aspect in Dynasty, is their value in trying to trade for Tyreek Kill now knowing that he could be caught, he could be traded, he could be suspended. I don't know, is their value in offering up sixty five cents on the dollars seventy cents on the dollar for Tyreek Kill in dynasty leagues right now? Or are we just chasing our tails with that justin we're just wasting our time.
Speaker 3: I mean, the vibes couldn't possibly be any worse around Tyreek Kill and possibly the Dolphins in general. I mean, I think you're onto something if he ends up on another team, if someone either gives up draft capital or they pick him up or whatever. They're not going to pick him up to be like a rotational wide receiver for they wouldn't take that risk without wanting to stick him into a wide receiver one spot. Obviously, the Chiefs are the first team that come to mind, and they could probably use him at this point.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I mean, it's how much would you possibly give up for Tyreek Kill? Though? I mean, like I'm not giving up like.
Speaker 3: Future your first for no, not version of this version of Tyreek Hill. This is like this is like an Antonio Brown situation, like just chasing after you know, it's it's so rough. I don't have a ton of Tyreek Hill either, But I mean, I don't know what I would even what would I give.
Speaker 2: Tyreek Hill up for. We've off for a couple of seconds.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, so here's the thing, Like we haven't mentioned the age aspect at all. We haven't mentioned the quarterback aspect at all, which could radically change if he goes from tongue of Biloa to Mahomes or tongue of I Loa to god knows what next year in Pittsburgh. So there's that as well. A couple of seconds. I think we're in the neighborhood right now. I think I'd probably rather have those seconds, but I think it's a good starting point. I don't if I had Tyreek Hill and somebody's giving me two random seconds, even if I'm in a championship window, I have to strongly consider that. Yeah, Juwan Jennings did not participate in practice yesterday. Nobody's healthy in San Francisco. We talked about this earlier. McCaffrey's a must start, the tight ends are not pear salt is basically a must well maybe not a must start, but a must flex for sure on this and Jennings too. To me, this is like, I don't know, I'm just getting bad vibes with him. There's the contract thing and then the calf thring, which was I believe a re injury of a previous calf. Now he's dealing with his shoulder. I'm just getting bad vibes that this is going to be a bad season for Jennings.
Speaker 3: Yeah, as you said, this is completely unrelated to what he was dealing with outside of the contract negotiations this summer. It wasn't in his shoulder, it was his leg. So yeah, they're really piling up here. There's always the chance, I mean, I refuse to believe it, but there is a chance that the forty nine ers offense like reaches the tipping point when they have lost too many freaking guys to continue being good. I'm not predicting that. I think they could still run a completely decent offense with mac Jones, especially this They're playing the Saints, right, I think they'll be fine there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely see him. See I might be even a.
Speaker 3: Little higher on Piersoll than you are. Okay, he's like, I mean, it depends on league size obviously, how many wide receivers you have to start.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm definitely not down on him. Like in most of the leagues I play, I have to start three and I can't imagine sitting him in any of those.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm starting that guy's wide receiver three for sure. If Jennings isn't out there, Yeah, we'll see. I mean, if the shoulder, if Juwan's shoulder heels up, how long until the lake pops up? He was disgruntled enough as it was before all of this.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I mean, I'm with you.
Speaker 3: The back to back bad vibes between Jennings and diaryek.
Speaker 2: Right now, I.
Speaker 1: Want to talk to about Harold Fannin another popular waiver ad in the leagues for people who maybe drafted early, he was still out there in a lot of leagues. He played fifty five snaps against the Cincinnati Bengals and ended up turning those fifty five snaps into seven catches for sixty three yards. Nine targets is what it took. That was the fourth most snaps of any Browns offensive player in week one. It was the most targets of any Browns player in Week one, and he lined up all over the place the slot outside twenty nine times. His inline tight end three snaps out of the backfield. What could what more could Fannin have done to make you think like that this guy not only needs to be on every roster, but I have to start considering him as a flex in the FFPC with the tight end premium scoring. Yeah, you look at Harold Fannin right now in Baltimore this week. I think in this probably isn't even that bold. I think he's going to be started in more FFPC leagues than he sat in Week two. In Week two, the.
Speaker 3: Good good news for DJOKU managers is Flacco did lead the league and dropbacks, attempts and completions out of two wider two tight end sets. Excuse me, so when Joku and Fannon were out there a lot together.
Speaker 2: But yeah, this is definitely an interesting situation.
Speaker 3: If this is what Fannin's deployed as in his first professional game, I mean, it certainly caps what we could expect out of in Djoku, especially those of us who are drafting him as like the tight end six. I don't know about a top six finish now as the third or fourth pass catcher we thought in Joku is going to be number two. So now he's splitting with Judy who a lot of people are into Tilman, who is looking good fan and who obviously looks fantastic. Yeah, as long as as long as Joe Flacco is throwing like sixty times a game, we're good. So just keep that up and we can support all these guys.
Speaker 1: We got to support our buddy. Boone polls on twitch right now of watching us, Ricky Pearsall or Deebo Samuel is what's facing him for Week two. Obviously Deebo Samuel in action tonight against the Packers, or he could go with Pear Saal. These guys were teammates last year, and I'm going to take Pearsal in this matchup. If I can only play one, I'm playing Pearson sitting Samuel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's I think it's like coin flip territory for me. So I'll just you know, we just talked about Piersall. He'll be the only guy standing up in San Francisco. True, So I'm here for it.
Speaker 1: William Brown also letting us know that he's in thirteen FFPC leagues and last night he got nine shares of Kasha on Booty and he picked up seven seven shares of Juwan Johnson in congratulations William is probably one of the crazy spending all the money on Booty and Juwan Johnson. I was doing the same in KFFFC. So listen, it happens week one of That is the only week of the year where if you pick somebody up, you get him for the rest of the season. You know everybody else it's it's going to go down from here. So we'll see what happens there. For those of you who are interested in playing weekly games, the FFPC Weekly Challenges live right now. There's no draft, there's no salary cap. He just picked ten players. They can't be on the same team. You can win up to twenty five hundred dollars ten to thirty one hundred team contests. My f FPC dot com. My FFPC dot com is where to go for that. Kojak twenty three has a question on Twitch. We're going to answer that and we come back as well as our big Thursday night football preview. It's Washington, it's Green Bay. Who do you need to start? Who do you need to sit? You let us know. We're going to tell you what we think.
Speaker 2: He is.
Speaker 1: Justin Edwards from four for four and Pro Football Focus. Excuse me, I'm Eric Balkman. You're watching f FPC Insider Access on the Better Sports Network.
Speaker 4: Don't go anywhere, folks, let me talk to you about my favorite weekly platform to play on. You know, we all play Dynasty, and we all play Redraft, but we got to find someplace to play weekly, and the f FPC Weekly Challenge is my favorite. If you're like me and you're tired of the constraints of salary caps, or having to do a draft to make a team, or even having to play against these people that are stacking up the same team, stacking up certain games and you feel like you have to put in a million entries or or have to have those certain stacks to win, then come play over at f FPC. Really, the only the main rule that you have to deal with is that you cannot select multiple players from the same team. You can't stack Joe Burrow with Jamar Chase, And to me, that's just fine. I'm going out and I'm trying to find the best of the best of the best players and put them into a lineup. And that's what you can do over at my FFPC. You can go out and you can take the number one running back in bijon Robinson, and you can also have steakuon Barkley as long as they're not on the same team. You can put them all into a lineup right. And there's four flexes for this, so there's a lot of flexibility. There's two different contests, one that has kickers and defenses, one that's just positioned players. Then you also have a bunch of different price points. You can play out thirty five dollars, one hundred dollars or two hundred dollars buy in and you're going out and you're just picking the absolute chalk plays, maybe sneaking in a little bit of a sleeper there's somebody that you think can really blow up that week. And that's how it works. It's one of the best contests out there for the sharpest gamers, and when you win on the FFPC, people take notice. That is where the best high stake games are. That's where the best experts play, and that's where I play because I want to be an f FPC Champion and put that title on me, put the money in my pocket and put that in my bio FFPC Champion and the FFPC Weekly Contest is the best place of play during the season.
Speaker 1: FFPC Insider Access rolls on here our number two on the Better Sports Network Wannermind everybody. Thank you Andrew Cooper, by the way for that lovely plug. The weekly challenges live at nyffpc dot com. Like Coop said, there's no draft, there's no salary cap. You're just picking ten players, none of them can be on the same team, and you can win up to twenty five hundred dollars ten thirty one hundred team contests. My ffpc dot com looks where to go for that nyffpc dot com. Kojak twenty three joins us on Twitch here, Justin Edwards from four for four and Pro Football Focus at Justin Underscore redwords on the X Deebo Samuel or DeAndre Swift in Flex for EPR. I leaned towards Samuel here over Swift.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say the same thing I thought.
Speaker 3: I thought it was going to be a little back and forth, like I think I'd rather have Debo here, But he.
Speaker 1: Read yeah, I mean, he just he like. I can't remember who was talking about this. It might have been Brett Whitefield for Fantasy Points said that, you know, Deebo Samuel is still fat he still looks fat, but he put up numbers, so we don't really care what he looks like, you know, seven.
Speaker 2: Just running out there, who cares?
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. Yeah, so, and as long as he's putting up numbers, that's all we care about. He did last week, and he might do the same tonight on this as well. Oon time, Kenneth Walker, Matthew Golden, Tucker Craft. He can only start one full PPR. Give me Tucker Craft on that team, over Golden and over Kenneth Walker.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's go for that.
Speaker 1: CEO Yetti on Twitch, Matthew Golden or Stefan Diggs. You know we've been talking about, Okay, Shawn Booty, we shouldn't forget about Stefan Diggs. I roll with Diggs here, even though Booty looks good to Mario Douglas obviously involved and Hunter Henry was involved. I just I don't know if Matthew Golden is going to be out and running enough routes to matter tonight. I do believe Digs will, And that's why I say Digs here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the first game back from you know, he only had forty I'm talking about Diggs, sorry, se Von Diggs only had forty one percent of the snaps in week one. We expect that to go up from from here. He also spent most of his summer, you know, like on a boat, so we weren't expecting to get him back until like a month end of the season. So I think Digs will grow from here, even though he's I don't. I don't think he's going to be like an overall Wires top twenty wide receiver for the rest of the season, but he'll be more usable than he was.
Speaker 1: I don't have the figures in front of me, but I can't believe Matthew Golden's snapshare percentage was much higher than forty one percent and he's held No.
Speaker 2: I think it was lower, honestly, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So there's that as well. Let's get into we are we are what about ten minutes from kickoff. Let's pound out as much of this as we can here because we go back to the starts or sits. So we got command packers tonight, we'll start with the Commanders. Jade and Daniels. Numbers against the Blitz from the Giants last week were not great. The Giants definitely did not start off well against Daniels and then once they started to get some pressure on him, Daniels, like I want to say, like three of six or twenty nine yards, it wasn't very good. Are we exposing anything here with Dare did the Giants expose anything with Daniels here? Obviously you're still starting him anywhere. But you always worry about, you know, sophomore slumps and people watching having more tape on you. Now, how concerned are you with Daniels where he just wasn't near his best or quite frankly near average on the on the blitz last week?
Speaker 3: I mean a little bit not enough, as you said, not enough to even consider it not starting him in any any size league.
Speaker 2: He he's still out there as a top three option.
Speaker 3: But yeah, as you mentioned, you had a forty three percent on target right last week when they when the Giants rushed five or more pass rushers.
Speaker 2: That was the worst of Week one.
Speaker 3: Is a little bit lower than his sixty seven percent on target rate with five or more pass rushers last year, but that was also twenty seventh in the league. But he also had two hundred and eighty five scramble yards against pressure last year that was by far the most in the league, so we still have of course, we always have his legs to create a floor here. I think Parsons is a full full go as far as I saw. I think they'll try a lot of the same things that the Giants did with Abdull Carter. Well, they will move Parsons around, They'll try to get him in the interior. There's a kind of a soft spot at left guard in Washington with Brandon Coleman. So I think there is a little question here of you know, can Daniels be the overall WHI or the overall QB.
Speaker 2: One this week? I would say probably not.
Speaker 3: I mean, of course he could, but I wouldn't put money on it. But is he still still a top five quarterback in fantasy? Yes, so I guess I'm worried about it. But the short of it is, I don't know that it matters for our purpose.
Speaker 1: Right Parsons hardly played in the first quarter against Detroit. His snaps actually went up as the game went on, and I think he ended up playing just under half of them. I don't think the Packers wanted to play him that many snaps in the first game, and now he's coming off a short week, so We'll see how many snaps he's out there for against Jade Daniels tonight. Jakori Krosky Merritt, we've been talking a lot about him tonight. If I set the over under full PPR Fantasy points at nine and a half for Krossky Merrit tonight, you're taking the under or the over.
Speaker 3: Here, I'm probably taking the under, and that's just it's a bet on whether or not he scores a touchdown.
Speaker 2: I think he only had or bust a big play, right, yeah, fair? Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: He had seven pass down snaps last week. Chris Rodriguez is a scratch again this week. I saw that right before we came on, So, I mean, he's still going to handle plenty of a workload. But I'd probably take the under there. It's about whether or not he scores a touchdown.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: I think in a perfect world, you are not playing Austin Eckler. You're you're you're sitting him. But how would you feel if you did have to flex him? Would you feel okay about it? Do you see a pathway where he can pay off for you?
Speaker 2: Tonight?
Speaker 3: I think he's probably fine, particularly in a full PPR. I think that ceiling is obviously cap I don't see a reason why they would be given him goal line carries when they when they have Bill there Anderry McNichols is still taking past snaps as much as I would prefer him, not because I do have more Eckler than I should have had this summer. I think he's fine as a flex but I mean, yeah, there are there are better options.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 1: Are you surprised? What do we make of that? With with you know, they obviously traded Brian Robinson, but what do you make of them still having McNichols, Krosskey Merit. Obviously Eckler is there, and then Chris Rodriguez is a healthy scratch? What do you make of them keeping four running backs here? And can we read between the lines and and see how they truly feel about some of these players or is it still too early for that.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think we could probably read through the lines, and I think they they probably like Build more than I'm giving them credit for it, to be quite honest. And he's already on the top of everyone's radar. Yeah, I mean they keep There's nothing wrong with Chris Rodriguez, right, This is a second straight healthy scratch, So they clearly don't care to have him out there. Why are they carrying They almost had five running backs going into the season, that'd have been something.
Speaker 1: Given what Deebo Samuel did last week, And I'm going to bring up his full line here. This was against the New York Giants last week, was who they played. If you look at Samuel, he ends up with ten targets, catches seven of them for seventy seven yards, has the one carry for nineteen yards, and the touchdown. So there's a lot to like about Deebo Samuel. How close is he to being a must start guy at wide receiver here going forward? I mean, especially if we see something again tonight where he put up fifteen plus fantasy, we have to seriously start looking at like, Okay, maybe the og debo is back, and we need to start seriously looking at getting this guy in our lineup by hooker by crook every week.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think it's I think we're already there. Honestly, I don't see myself like not starting Deebo Samuel at this point, at least as a flex option aut lest I have a completely loaded wide receiver room and a completely loaded running back room.
Speaker 2: If I have those.
Speaker 3: If I have those, I'm probably trying to trade someone to begin with, because I would like Debo on there. I don't see a reason why they're not going to continue to target Debo. I mean, I know, Terry just got paid after summer of not being with the team.
Speaker 2: But if they can get.
Speaker 3: More explosive, yack type of passes out of Deebo Samuel, I think they'll continue to lean that way. He's being used a ton He had four targets from behind the line of scrimmage in Week one, so they clearly want to see him evolve.
Speaker 1: We'll put you on the clock here four minutes until kickoff. We we talked about a lot of these guys, or both of these guys a lot tonight, but I always it always seemed like we had to pick two of them, and these were the two we always picked. What if you can only play Deebo Samuel or Hollywood Brown on Sunday, do you just take the safety with Samuel tonight and not worry about Hollywood Brown whether Xavier Worthy's out there on Sunday afternoon?
Speaker 2: Oh man, I think I'm taking Deebo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would too. I would too, because I mean, like, here's the thing. What happens if Samuel's out there tonight, he catches five or six balls, he gets you know, ten fifteen yards rushing, maybe he gets in the end zone. And then you have Hollywood Brown on Sunday and Xavier Worthy's out there like he's that he didn't even miss. You're awful about that. So I think you take the safety in Deebo Samuel tonight and get him in your lineup. The other thing I wanted to bring up from that that Commander's game Terry McLaurin too catches for twenty seven yards, he only saw four targets. Was this case of the Giants doing something and coverage? Was this the case of this guy is still amping up to ramping up to sort of get in football shape because he missed so much time. Or was this just you know, regardless, like it was just a week one anomaly and we could just move on.
Speaker 3: I think it was just kind of I mean, I did say how much I like Deebo.
Speaker 2: I think it's a bit of an anomaly.
Speaker 3: I think he's he's not going to have a lot of four target games going forward, But yeah, I think it honestly could just be ramping up. He didn't rejoin the team until like the third week of August or something, which was, you know, a couple of weeks ago, I guess three weeks ago. So it's not like Terry needs to connect with Daniels. They just did that last year. But I think it's a bit of an anomaly. I don't know that McLaurin is like in every week, you know, like locked in top twenty wide receiver, though I'll say that. I mean, I think he's the top thirty six wide receiver moving forward, maybe maybe like top thirty.
Speaker 1: Touchdown regression too, was a big reason I stayed away very fair Laurin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, And and.
Speaker 1: There's he's just happened to be going in a spot where I felt like he you know, it was the old sesame Street thing. One of these things is not like the other. And I always handed I like these other guys, you know, you know, Pickens and Jameson Williams and all these other guys that I didn't think had this negative regression coming. Okay, let's see here, I'll go back to the chat here C J. Stroud and Nico Collins. Should I drop Stroud and pick up JJ McCarthy. I would I could get down for that. Yeah, worryble two A one seven eight Like he does have Collins, so he's got the hookup. So if you are playing in a closed twelve team league, I don't have a problem with it. I understand if you're playing in like a national tournament like the FFPC Main Event or something like that, then maybe you wouldn't want to break up that that connection, But I would have no problem with it otherwise.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean when we don't Stroud doesn't runs, He's never ran, and if week one is in any indication, the ball is probably only going to go to one player if he's going off, and you could just have Stroud's breakout games by having Nico Collins.
Speaker 1: I want to get this last minute emergency trade from Aiden he can well, I don't know which side he's on here, but McLaurin for Courtland Sutton. I think i'd lean towards rather having Sutton this year than McLaurin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I would too.
Speaker 1: Actually, Okay, let's do the Packers here as we're just minutes away from kickoff. Jordan Love, do you believe that he's going to have closer to his twenty twenty three season, especially at the end of the twenty twenty three season, or is he going to do numbers like last year when the Packers became a dominant ground game. Which side do you think he's closer to in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: You'd have to lean toward twenty twenty three. I'm not saying he's going to completely replicate those numbers, but he had He had so many crap injuries and they.
Speaker 2: Started right off the bat last year too.
Speaker 3: It was that first game in Brazil, I think, when he messed himself up and then it ended up being a groin injury because he was playing on it and it just snowballed.
Speaker 2: Throughout the season. We saw some Milik Willis games.
Speaker 3: Which which were fun maybe not for Packers fans, but I enjoyed watching those games shows well.
Speaker 1: I live in I live in northeast Wisconsin, so they were fun for me because they were winning them. Yeah, but you know, sweating them out. Yeah, it wasn't the most fun thing in the world watching Malik Willis. But although Willis look pretty good when he was doing.
Speaker 3: It, you would think, I mean, they have those two offensive line injuries just for tonight.
Speaker 2: I don't think those are lingering injuries.
Speaker 3: So their offensive line is also very deep, so I don't think they're like, you know, up Craft Creek tonight either, But get those guys back. We obviously they have twelve competent wide receivers and a couple of good tight ends.
Speaker 2: As long as he's.
Speaker 3: Healthy, I think it's much closer to that twenty twenty three season. I don't know if he's like an MVP candidate like he almost was in twenty three, but it'll be better than last year.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Aaron Banks is starting left guard for the Packers is out, and then Zach tom the Pro Bowl right tackle, is out. They are going to be replacing him with Darien Kanard, a guy they just picked up from the Eagles shortly before the season started. He played pretty well last week, rotated with their second round pick Anthony Belton for a few snaps. That was at right tackle, and then left tackle Jordan Morgan took over for Banks. Jordan Morgan was already rotating snaps with Sean Ryan at right guard. Morgan was the first round pick last year out of Arizona State. So these guys are a little bit Pedigreed. I think you know, this is a case of like it's week two, we're on a short week, let's not chance it. And I think that was they wanted him to play. But ultimately cooler heads prevailed, and I think they're going to be okay. I'm not worried about Josh Jacobs behind those those backups at all. Yeah, Jaden Reid, we talked about him a little bit. I can't play him with any kind of confidence tonight. Are you playing Jaden Reed with any kind of confidence in any of your lineups?
Speaker 2: Justin No.
Speaker 3: I mean he's the purest form of a boom bus guy where he could he could catch, you know, five six balls and go for a buck fifty couple touchdowns, but he could just as likely get you four three or points or zero. He had plenty of goose eggs last year too. I think some of those were tied to Milk Willis, but we don't. I don't know why I keep going back to Malik Willis. No, I'm not starting him with confidence anywhere. He's a guy that I was targeting in best ball type lineups, but in just re draft leagues where I do have him, I wonder why I took him right?
Speaker 2: What am I going to play him? I guess h Tucker Craft too.
Speaker 1: I want to get to this shortly before kickoff here. I think in f FPC leagues it's really really difficult for me to say with with tight end premium scoring and with two flex spots, really difficult for me to say, yeah, I wouldn't play Craft. I think more often than not I'm playing him. If there's one Packers pass catcher I have confidence in, it's got to be Craft.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean this is like the if you're not if you're betting, if you're in the butt Betton streets and you know you're not taking Josh Jacobs to score a touchdown, you should probably be clicking on Tucker Craft.
Speaker 1: Tucker Craft. That's that's the one that you're doing. The Packers inexplicably wearing their white out uniforms in September tonight, with the white helmets, the white jerseys and the white pants tonight, they wanted fans to do the same thing. I do see a lot of white in the crowd right now. Is the game is underway, the Packers getting the ball first, but it's not overwhelming. The last thing I want to bring up here, and this isn't necessarily a starter sit for the Packers tonight. Romeo Dobbs is a player that I did not draft in a lot of spots. I'm not looking to acquire him in Dynasty or any of my leagues, quite frankly, justin I know that he's gonna make plays here or there. He doesn't strike me as the type of player even though he's on the field a ton and he's gonna get a ton of chances right to catch the ball, and he did make a big play last week. I like Jayden Reid's upside better. I like the ceiling for Matthew Golden better. I could definitely see Tucker Craft being the top five players at his position, right. I don't see that with Dobbs. So in that case, is he a roster clogger? Is he a guy that just takes of space You never really use them and you need to get rid of them, or I mean, can we make that argument with with other players like Golden and Reid given all this Packers offense operates.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, Dobbs is the closest thing to like a sure thing in Green Bay. Just in the sense that he's on the field, he's actually on the in two wide receiver sets. They've made it clear over and over again. They have no interest in putting Jayden Reid in two wide receiver sets for more than a couple snaps, maybe not even a couple snaps a game, a couple snaps a month. Maybe they stick them out there sets. Yeah, I mean, I would love to hang on to Dobbs, but even.
Speaker 2: More than Reid.
Speaker 3: When am I going to start Romeo Dobbs at any point? So he probably is a roster clogger. I mean, I guess I would. I would like to have him on Dynasty squads. But again, what am I waiting for? They're not going to suddenly start targeting in or anyone else at more than like an eighteen percent target share.
Speaker 2: It's just about whether or not one scores a touchdown, and.
Speaker 3: We're hoping that that golden becomes more than more than you know, this.
Speaker 2: Long line of wide receiver threes.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly. You know what's funny about Dobbs too, is the Packers obviously just upped Christian Watson. They extended of one year. Is basically, Watson was one pick away from being a first round pick, and this was essentially picking up his fifth year option. They're giving him thirteen point two five million next year as it recovers from the torn ACL and hopefully be back at some point this year. The Packers have made it clear, especially with the Savion Williams selection in the third round this year, that their offense, as far as the wide receivers are going to go, it's and pass catchers. It's Tucker Craft, It's it's Matthew Golden. It's maybe maybe or maybe not, Christian Watson. We don't know. We'll see what happens next year. It's Jayden Reid, it's Savion Williams, and it seems like Romeo Dobbs is the odd man out. You know, we got the two game suspension last year and I was talking with somebody. I can't remember what I was talking to about this, but they said, you know, he scored a touchdown in preseason and it was like he dropped, he celebrated. He didn't celebrate at all. His reaction was basically like an incomplete pass that was not that was not close to him. That was his reaction to scoring touchdown. No lambell, leap, no, no nothing. So I think we all believe that this guy is going to be elsewhere out of Green Bay after this year. And then you think of a like, when are you ever going to start Romeo Dobbs. Probably when he's on a new team like it, because he will get paid. Somebody's gonna pay him, maybe even Shaker money for you know, for all I know, and I don't know what the wide receiver free agent market looks like next year, but if he gets Shaker money, then that's like, Yeah, he's gonna be on the field a ton, They're gonna feature him. He's probably gonna be threatening to catch seventy seventy five balls. Then at that point I'm in on Romeo Dobbs. Right now, I'm not in on him. What's on?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's completely fair.
Speaker 1: The UH Packers that are now hitting Washington territory. Here, there's a defensive holding penalty on Marshall Adams on third and nine. Yeah. Yeah, Well, they had a couple of runs to Jacobs and a couple of completions to Dontavian Wicks, which he inexplicably caught. I thought he was allergic to the football, but he catches both of them, one for six. Yards one for thirteen yards and then we get the holding penalty on Latimore. So this is going to set up the Packers first in first and ten. Nope, beg your pardon now it's say first and fifteen because there's a false start on Josh Jacobs, So first and fifteen from the Washington forty five. I think what we should do is step out, catch our breath, and then when we come back, we're going to pound out a ton of other start sick questions. If you have any others on twitch, on x on YouTube, keep posting them in there. Justin and I are going to get into the thick of some of the tough lineup decisions that are facing fantasy players and f FPC players all over the world this week for Week two, he is Justin Edwards from four for four and Pro Football Focus. I'm Eric Balkman from the High Stakes Fantasy Football Over the Road of his High Stakes Lowdown. Of course, the FFPC FFPC Insider Access continues as we cover the game and hang out with you watching the first tonight of the Packers and Commanders. We roll on right after.
Speaker 4: This, folks, let me talk to you about my favorite weekly platform to play on. You know, we all play Dynasty, and we all play Redraft, but we got to find someplace to play weekly, and the FFPC Weekly Challenge is my favorite. If you're like me and you're tired of the constraints of salary caps, or having to do a draft to make a team, or even having to play against these people that are stacking up the same team, stacking up certain games and you feel like you have to put in a million entries or or have to have those certain stacks to win, then come play over at f FPC. Really, the only main rule that you have to deal with is that you cannot select multiple players from the same team. You can't stack Joe Burrow with Jamar Chase. And to me, that's just fine. I'm going out and I'm trying to find the best of the best of the best players and put them into a lineup. And that's what you can do over at my FFPC. You can go out and you can take the number one running back in Jean Robinson and you can also have stak On Barkley. As long as they're not the same team, you can put them all into a lineup, right, And there's four flexes for this so there's a lot of flexibility. There's two different contests, one that has kickers and defenses, one that's just positioned players. Then you also have a bunch of different price points. You can play out thirty five dollars, one hundred dollars or two hundred dollars buy in and you're going out and you're just picking the absolute chalk plays, maybe sneaking in a little bit of a sleeper. There's somebody that you think can really blow up that week. And that's how it works. It's one of the best contests out there for the sharpest gamers, and when you win on the FFPC, people take notice. That is where the best high stakes games are. That's where the best experts play. And that's where I play because I want to be an FFPC champion and put that title on me, put the money in my pocket and put that in my bio FFPC Champion and the FFPC Weekly Contest is the best place for play during the season.
Speaker 1: This is where you want to be my FFPC. According to Andrew Cooper from Fantasy Alarm my FFPC dot com, home of the FFPC Weekly Challenge, ten thirty one hundred team leagues, no draft, no salary cap. Just pick your ten players that you want and you can win big up to twenty five hundred dollars on a week to week basis. Had some action here in the game. We had another Dantavian Wicks catch or was it somebody It might have been somebody else and we just had eight Dobbs that's who it was. Thank you, Justin Edwards from four to four and Pro Football Focus and then the big fireworks here. We have a lot going on on this play. Jaden Reed a thirty nine yard touchdown catch from Jordan Love. However, it's nullified. The second round pick Anthony Belton, who actually got the start over the veteran from the Philadelphia Eagles, Darien Canard. He gets flagged for holding Armstrong on this play and it is a nullified touchdown, so ten yard penalty. Now third nineteen from the Washington nineteen. It is a sixteen yard catch to Chris Brooks makes it fourth and three for the Commanders. The problem here what the other thing that happened on that play. Jaden Reid falls hard on his right shoulder and his right shoulder is right arms kind of dangling as he jogs to the sideline, Joe King posting on YouTube, all Reid does the score touchdowns and get hurt. He's multitasking tonight. Problem is he didn't get the touchdown. He did not get the touchdown thanks to Anthony Belton. They're looking at him on the sideline. So if you started Jayden Reid, which I think justin we told most people not to do that, I'm pretty sure right And we'll see if he comes back into the game. It remains to be seen what happens here. The Packers end up going for it on fourth down in three incomplete deep middle pass to Matthew Golden, and the Commanders now have the ball at their own thirty three yard line, and we are going to see our first taste of Jade and Daniels tonight with ten five to go in the in the first quarter. Wow, what what an experience that was. Okay, let's talk about Omarion Hampton and Chuba Hubbard. I think there are people that have drafted both of these players, especially if you got Hampton late, that have the decision where you can, you know, you have to pick one of these guys. Who's it going to be this week? Hampton, who obviously is sharing the rock with with Najee Harris, or is it going to be Chewba Hubbard, a guy that you know, Granny. You've got Trevor et in there. You also have Rico daubd Ole there? What do you do here? If you can only start one of these guys between Hampton and Chuba Hubbard this week, I should tell you who they're playing actually to that would make more sense if I could do that and set you up like a good host should be doing. Chuba Hubbard this week? Is is excuse me? O'maron Hampton is at Las Vegas on Monday night football?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: And then o'marion extu mean that's Omaron Hampton Cuba Hubbard. This week? The Carolina Panthers are taking on the Arizona Cardinals in the desert, so they're both the road. You can only play one. Who's it going to be?
Speaker 3: Probably going with Chewba Hubbard here. There's a lot of talk even from the coaching staff about kind of ringing in his usage a little bit. This year they had a couple more They obviously added a couple guys, let a couple guys walk, and then in week one he gets nineteen opportunities in a blowout loss. So it's like, I don't, I don't know if we're we might have to hit up coach speak index yep for this one.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I think this is this is Hubbard. I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't love the Panthers offense after what they kind of showed in week one, But if we're looking at eighteen to twenty something opportunities, I'm probably just gonna go with chewba Hubbard here.
Speaker 1: Let's see here. I want to go to YouTube, and by the way, I agree with you. It is Hubbard manny fave on YouTube. Does George Holani have any stash value? Just in case Walker and Charbonnae get hurt, would he be next to time share listen? He might be. You got to be playing in a deep league to draft or to hold the guy behind the guy, Yeah, behind the guy in this case. So yes, if they were to go down, I think he would get picked up in some FFPC leagues. I'm waiting for that to happen. I do not of the roster space for this guy right now. So if you want to do a preemptive stash listen, I like I looked at my Scott fish ball team. I had a couple of spots to play with, and I was like, Okay, who are my preemptive you know, one injury and there's just nothing out there. So in that case, then yeah, pick up Holani if it's just that or a dead roster spot. But for me, there's there's other ways to spend your roster spots.
Speaker 3: At the moment, I think, I think if one of these guys go down, the other guy's going to have like seventy five eighty percent of the workload.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't think that George Allani is going to be splitting fifty to fifty with either Kenneth Walker or Sharbonnay, but I do.
Speaker 2: I mean, I see where you're coming from.
Speaker 3: And again, my Scott fish team is just like whoever Brooks Jalen Wright is just like those guys, And I could cut any of those guys at any point, but I'm not going to cut him.
Speaker 2: For George Lawney.
Speaker 1: Damian Martinez is still He's still in the picture there too, I mean, or he would be in the picture if there was a significant injury. I would imagine, Yeah, right, Taylor twenty two hundred thousand and six. I guess on Twitch, Jamier Gibbs and Rashie Rice. Would you trade those players from Jehan Robinson. I would rather have Gibbs and Rice than Robinson. I always want to get the best player in the deal. I'm not sure Robinson is in this case.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think the even if you think it's a very slight upgrade from like the RB five to the RB four or something, yeah, I don't think it's enough to not just hold on to Rice and see what see what transpires once he hits the field.
Speaker 1: It'd be different if it was just a throwaway pick. When when Rice is healthy, he's he could be like a top fifteen guy.
Speaker 2: Top fifteenth you'd like Gibbs and Juju Smith Schuster.
Speaker 1: Yeah then okay, well whatever, then I would have no problem with that. Yeah, the let's see cash money. Do you like Tony Pollard or Travis Etn better rest of the season? Well, based on the tanks Big Tank bigsby trade and based on what I saw from Travis Etn in week one, Uh yeah, I'm definitely more interested in Travis Etn than Pollard the rest of the season. Ty Spears dried me back week five, Right, Who's coming to take Etn's touches away. I mean, maybe Mischelle Tooton later on in the season, maybe Leaquin Allen, but those are both big Maybies. You know, Spears is gonna be involved when he's back, and I like the offense in Jacksonville with Liam Cohen significantly better than the one in Tennessee.
Speaker 2: That's what I was.
Speaker 3: Gonna say, even if you had him back to back, and you know, talent or production rankings, which team do you think is going to have the most raw points by the end of the season. The Jaguiars are the Titans, So I think you just have to you have to lean towards the better offense.
Speaker 1: The answer there is ETN for sure. As the Commanders have a third and eight from their own territory that is snuffed out by the Green Bay Packers, and it looks like they will be punting here fourth and four from their own thirty nine. I beg your pardon? Did they go for that? I'm gonna have to wait to see. It's wild because I'm trying to talk to you. I'm trying to talk to the viewers, and I got I got the game cast on, and I also have the game on. So there's just way to the stimulation for the football parts of my brain right now is literally off the charts. I don't, I don't. I may not punt this. They did punt, okay, thank god?
Speaker 2: It is questionable.
Speaker 1: Oh he know, he did take a couple of nasty hits on that on that drive, especially on second down when he was sacked. That was a sack? Was that ver Sean Gary that got him? No, Davante, why I beg your pardon? And he's questionable. Do we know what the injury is?
Speaker 2: All I see is questionable?
Speaker 1: Okay? So, And and that was a Matthew Golden returning the punt deep in his own territory, basically runs back to the goal line and is tackled at like the two. And I think we may have a personal foul penalty on this as as it looked like the special teamer picked him up by his leg and threw him down, which I didn't think that.
Speaker 2: Was I'm sorry I missed that. I'm just watching the game cast.
Speaker 1: Ye, no, that was not on the game cast. The officials are talking over it right now. But yeah, it looked like he got tackled right at the goal line and then the defender just held onto his leg and then picked him up and threw him down. They may be picking up this flag. I'm not sure, but it was. It was wild man. I think it should have been a flag, but I'm a little bit biased. They're they're showing it. They're redoing it here again. And yeah, he just wrestles them to the ground and then sort of like Golden kind of got up and then the defender picked up his leg like he was he thought he was still not tackled, and then he put back down. It's you'll have to watch it later. I'm doing a horrible job of explaining this. This is awful television. David Montgomery, Jalen Warren. Let's get back to the two guys that underwhelmed in Week one. Two guys that I quite frankly believe in. Two guys that I drafted as my number two and number three running backs in a lot of leagues this year. Not a lot, but a significant amount. You have those guys if you have that decision facing you this week, Jalen Warren at home against the Seahawks or David Montgomery at home against the Bears. Which one are you picking here?
Speaker 2: Justin I might lean David Montgomery here.
Speaker 3: The issue is like we have to have like touched I mean, this is such a stupid analysis, but.
Speaker 2: Have we literally have to have touchdowns.
Speaker 3: For David Montgomery to hit like this fantasy ceiling unlike unlike Jamier Gibbs, who can get there at a blowout game or whatever, and then when the Lions score six or eight or how many points.
Speaker 2: Did the score last week six?
Speaker 3: When that happens, David Montgomery is not going to be a good start.
Speaker 2: So I think I'm leaning Montgomery here.
Speaker 3: We have to assume Caleb Johnson's going to be more involved in the offense after he had one carry and zero targets in week one, and then Kenneth gain Well actually kind.
Speaker 2: Of good, yeah in week one.
Speaker 3: So I don't know if I'm like outright bench and Jalen Warren, but if i'm if I've got like a that that deep back end RB two, I'm probably just going with Montgomery.
Speaker 1: Montgomery's Lions are six point favorites with a total of forty six and a half, so that is looking good for a nice little bounce back for Montgomery.
Speaker 2: It's a Montgomery game.
Speaker 1: Jungle Nuts on YouTube. Do I start Breese Hall or Tyreek Hill at the flex He's already starting Justin Fields and Garrett Wilson. This would be a third Jet that he's starting Bressee Hall. Uh and and Joe King already saying that it's Breese Hall easy for him. He gets so many more touches. I like what I saw from Breese Hall last week. Yes, I would start the three Jets and play Breeze Hall over Tyreek Hill. What say you, Justin?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's terrifying.
Speaker 3: This is the this is the new, new and improved Justin Field's offense. Though starting starting three Jets is absolutely uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: I understand. Uh, Jungle nuts.
Speaker 1: Easy, Yeah, I mean he is coming off his best game as a pro. His best game is a price, So there's that on He did it against the Steelers defense that you know. I mean, maybe they are what we thought and the Jets are really good, or maybe the Steelers defense just had an off week. I don't know what it was, but it was they got manhandled in the in the trenches on that game. Joe King, he is saying this week two Dylan Samson or Calvin Ridley is a decision he has to make this week, you know, given the uncertainty with with Judkins and knowing that Ford is still there, and I know that Ridley's going to see a lot of targets. I'm rolling with Ridley in that situation over Dylan Samson.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think Ridley, even if, even even though they might not be the most efficient looks, he could he could have a number of double digit target games and hopefully that first one is here in week two?
Speaker 1: Right uh, Jane Reid being taken back to the locker room. Right arm just dangling next to him, so we could be looking at a separated shoulder. I don't know. It looks like he's in a significant amount of pain. Could be a dislocated shoulder where they pop it back in. I really don't know what's going to happen there. All I know is the Packers' offense is back on the field inside their own twenty, moving the football right now without Jaden Reid as he is in the locker room. Speaking of the Packers, what about Aaron Jones, the current Minnesota Viking. Would you start him over Isaiah Pacheco this week? Aaron Jones for Minnesota, he is going to be playing in Minnesota against the Atlanta Falcons, whereas who's the other guy? Said? Isaiah Pacheco gets the Eagles at home? Who would you rather play? And I think the Aaron Jones conversation is interesting based on the usage we saw with him and Jordan Mason last week.
Speaker 3: I think probably still sticking with Aaron Jones, trying to take a I hope, await and see approach with Isaiah Pacheco, who I did take a lot of the summer, but yeah, I wasn't looking that great in week one.
Speaker 2: Who are they playing again? You just said it.
Speaker 1: Aaron Jones is playing the Falcons, oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, and then Pacheco's playing the Eagles in their front. I still think I'm taking Aaron Jones hoping to see more usage on the ground. He's obviously going to have the third down roll almost entirely to himself, so there is some of that baked in floor, especially if we're talking about full PPR.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't love either one this week, but no I don't either.
Speaker 1: I don't either ad Lean Jones in that scenario, I would the pass catching thing is what does it for me? And he was like, even though he was getting out touched, on the rushes. The pass catching chops for Aaron Jones certainly something you want to be in business with. Here, Tucker Craft catches the Commander's defense sleeping. He gets a fifty seven yard catch and run down the scene. Oh wow, as the Packers are now in business in the red zone. After a Josh Jacob's one yard run and a Jordan Love incomplete pass, it is now third and nine from the Commander's nineteen as green Bay trying to draw first blood tonight. We shall see what happened, by the way, something else we'll have to check after we go off there. Matt Lafleur on that first drive for green Bay was livid, I believe in an official on the sideline. I don't know what happened on that play, but that's something we'll have to investigate.
Speaker 2: And I think it was that holding call.
Speaker 1: No, it was before, it was before the whole It was the it was the play to Dobs where he caught the six yard pass. Something happened on that play and I don't know what it was, but he was not upset with the holding h at all. Okay, we've been talking a lot of running backs. Let's get into receivers here in Mecca. Agbuka or Za Flowers. These guys both crushed it last week above expectations. If you can only I mean, obviously you want to play both of them, but if you can only play one, are you trusting Abuka? Are you trusting Flowers? At Buka by the way, in the in the end zone twice? And then Jay Flowers is one of the stars of that shootout we saw on Sunday Night Football.
Speaker 3: I think I'm just gonna I'm just gonna write this at Buka train because I don't want to get lost in the I don't want to get I don't want to I don't want to have the fomo of the of the hype of Buka. They're playing the Texans at Houston, and then Baltimore gets Cleveland. I mean, Cleveland's front looked fantastic in Week one. Granted, granted was the Bengals offensive line, which is perpetually dog crap, but they could they could really force It's not like Lamar Jackson has any issue throwing on the run, but they could force him out of the pocket.
Speaker 2: Maybe that makes some boat some broken plays for Za Flowers.
Speaker 3: I think I'd rather have Igbuka. But I mean it's not this isn't I'm not super aggressive with this.
Speaker 2: As you said, I'd like them both, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: And Flowers is a guy that I was. I wouldn't necessarily say it was down on, but I didn't draft a whole lot of them this year. And Negbuka, obviously, his price just got insane towards the last couple of weeks of drafting season. Speaking of insane, not something you want to see, but Jordan Love a fourteen yard scramble for a first down absolutely levels a Washington Commander's safety with his throwing shoulder. Again none, none the worse for wear. He popped right back up. I know the game. The game cast is saying Tucker Craft is injured on the play. Yeah, I don't. I don't see an injury for Tucker Craft here. Unlet's unless I'm missing it. It looked like he got yeah, it looked like he got tangled up with a blocker. But I didn't see anything nefarious there. So it will be first and goal for the Packers from the Commander's five yard line right now, four forty four to go in the first they've taken a break there. We don't take breaks here, at least not a lot of them. DJ Moore Davanta Smith is what we're looking at here. We just talked about Egbuca and Flowers, two guys that overperformed last week. What about two guys that maybe left less than a great taste in their fantasy owners' mouths, DJ Moore or DeVonta Smith this week? You can only play one. DeVonta Smith is obviously taking on the taking on the Chiefs in Arrowhead, so he goes on the road there. DJ Moore for the Bears, is battling the Lions in Detroit. Justin you can only play one.
Speaker 2: It's probably a matter of my risk tolerance.
Speaker 3: Obviously, DeVante Smith more than likely has the higher ceiling, while DJ Moore very easily has the higher floor because he receives rushes and he won't get completely stuffed out of the game by the rushing attack. The hope here would be the Eagles have to push the ball maybe a little bit more with the Chiefs. That depends on what the Chiefs offense looks like. Yeah, I mean I would I'm probably saying DeVonta Smith, depending on what the rest of my roster is looking like. If I've got some, like some real bangers in my roster and I'm just looking for like twelve a twelve point floor, then I'd rather have DJ Moore if that makes sense.
Speaker 1: It does. Regarding Smith, AJ Brown has not been great obviously Week one and then the end of last season. Yeah, is it possible that DeVonta Smith starts profiting from this or is it one of these things where it's just like, you know, they're just running it with Hurts and Barkley and these guys are both going to suffer, although god Ter didn't last week.
Speaker 2: So who the hell? Right? Yeah, exactly, I mean, good question, you know.
Speaker 3: I mean it's easy to sweep under the rug that AJ Brown was pretending to read on the sideline when they win the Super Bowl, But I mean that'd be a bigger story if they would have got kicked out of the NFC Championship or something like that. Yeah, it's been a while since we've seen AJ Brown be like a stud fantasy option, obviously, including Week one and then I mean, yeah, DeVonta Smith also didn't do much of anything in Week one either, so yeah, it's certainly a possibility. I have no conviction on whether or not is gonna just return.
Speaker 1: I'll believe it when I see it at this point, right. I mean, it's not like he's twenty three anymore, you know that he's old or anything either. But that's just one of those things. The Eagles for my son's fantasy league this year, the way they kind of do it is kind of messed up, and they auto drafted most of it and he ended up with A J. Brown and DeVonta Smith. So he was not really happy after week one, and why should he be? But I said, son, I think the good times are going to come when you're gonna be yes. Speaking of having your weeks, we talked about this earlier in the show. When are you ever going to start? Romeo Dobbs, how about we two against the Commanders. When he catches a five yard touchdown from Jordan Love as the Packers are on the board first, Brandon McManus has added the extra point four point thirty three to go in the first quarter. Quick slant gets it done, Jordan Love to Romeo Dobbs and the Packers have taken the lead against the Commanders. Here on Thursday Night Football, Romeo Dobbs three touchdown night didn't coming we jinxed them earlier. It's going to happen now, Okay, Travis Hunter or Jacoby Myers. Travis Hunter not a lot of stuff going downfield for him in Game one. We heard his from his coach that is, defensive snaps are probably going to go up a little bit more this week, although he said it won't be at the expense of offensive snaps. And then you have Jacoby Myers, a player who could benefit if Brock Bauers does not play on Monday Night Football against the Chargers. Saddle up Jacoby Myers FFPC weekly challenge, get him in there, and then certainly a player that you want to get in your season long lineups as well. But if you have to start Myers at the expense of Travis Hunter, is that something you're prepared to do justin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 3: Particularly, I mean Bowers missed his practice today. If Bowers does miss this game, Michael Mayer is not going to attract the same kind of target shares Bowers does. So I think Myers would be my answer there. We'll see from Hunter. Obviously, he's going to have up, ups and downs. A rookie, he's playing both sides of the ball. We'll see if he's playing more defensive snaps and that doesn't come at the expense of the offense. I just that's another one of those I'll believe it when I see it things. If he's going to play more defense, they're probably going to want to protect him. But also they paid the second overall pick to get him. I think in this exact scenario, I would like Jacobe Myers. And that might seem like a very weird answer in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it very well could be, and it might seem insane in week sixteen, right, you know, not how far Travis Hunter comes along. So I don't know the other thing. I'll move on here as the Commanders are taking over on a touchback for McManus at the thirty five yard line, trying to find out if jayde Daniel's coming back on the field here, so he is coming back in whether whatever he was dealing with wasn't serious enough to keep him out, and Austin Eckler gets stuffed for a one yard loss on first down. Here's an interesting one, Dallas Goddard or Dalton Kincaid, and we talked about, I think you said earlier like you're out on Kincaid right when we were comparing to Mark.
Speaker 2: Andeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: So now Kincaid plays at one o'clock on Sunday. Goddard, who was not at practice today, does not play until four twenty five. At this point, I think I would be in on Dalton Kincaid because I don't want to risk taking a zero again for this exercise. We'll assume you have no other option right to play at four twenty five, and then I think I take the quote unquote guaranteed points with Dalton Kincaid over Goddard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll take my I'll take my seven and a half Dalton Kincaid points opposed to taking the wrist on Goddard because I mean, Gottard is also someone who could who could go out there and uh lay something close to an egg too. If it is one of those games where they decide to target the target tree the route tree only goes to Smith and A J.
Speaker 2: Brown, which they do from time to time.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to look at other options that you could get. Jatavian Sanders plays in the late window. Noah, okay, Noah Gray for Kansas City. I don't even know who the backup tight end is for for Philly. Off the top of my head, it's Grant cal Katara. You're right, it's Grant Calcuatara.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was somewhere in there, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then you're looking at just all these other rostered tight ends. Kate Atton was actually available in a few of my leagues, so he might be out there. They play on on Oh we get do we get two Monday night games this week? We do?
Speaker 2: Yeah? We do? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, I didn't even realize that. So you got Kate Ott and out there Dalton Schultz might be floating around out there, and then obviously too Michael Bayer. I mean, if Bowers can't go, if you won't roll the dice like that, Tyler Conklin should be available Will Disley. So for the purposes of this exercise, yes, it's going to be Kincaid, but there are some other options out there just in case Goddard is able to go. And by the way, if he practices tomorrow, I feel pretty good about him playing this week as well. It is a third and seven for the Commanders. They are just short after a pass from Jaden Daniels to Austin Eckler. There is a flag on the play. I believe it's on Washington, Yes, illegal use of hands, ten yard penalty. And then Jalen Lane catches a two yard pass on third down, fourth and fifteen for the Commanders at their own thirty. Back to the tight end conversation young versus Old. Would you be playing Colston Loveland this week? Tyler? Would you be playing him against the Detroit Lions, or would you be playing Janu Smith who is at home against the Seattle Seahawks.
Speaker 3: Probably taken John new Smith here. They're both competing with titands on their own team, which is not the greatest. We did see John new Smith get five targets and week one they went for like fifteen yards, but he did to get that touchdown. We've seen that Arthur Smith loves to incorporate John new Smith around the goal line and his previous stops with the other Smith, So I think probably John new Smith. This is also a scenario where I wouldn't love to be playing either of them, but in FFPC scoring it's a little bit of a different story. I'd probably probably go with John Whu here, not for like season long, I'd rather have Colson Lovelin again in the back half of the year, but as it stands, I think I'd rather just have John hu.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Loveland is the type of player that I think is going to I mean, like a lot of rookies do that they come on at the end of the year. But I'm definitely breaking ties against rookie wide receivers, rookie pass catchers in weeks one too, you know, basically through mid October, and then I think that's when we usually see that little crescendo come up for some of these rookies where the game slows down, the light turns on, and then they start making more and more plays. They get the week yeah exactly, Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Get a week off from the whirlwind of being a professional.
Speaker 2: Not that college is that much different now, but.
Speaker 1: Well not maybe not even the week off, but just an extra week to prepare, to know where they're you know, gets just getting more in the flow of everything. Last tight end one Kate Ott and Jatavian Sanders just mentioned both of these guys. Aughton didn't do much last week at GUKA, was the obviously the hero in that game, and then Jatavian Sanders is the other option here. And I'll just let you know this Monday night that total on that Buccaneers Texans game is down to forty two and a half, so not great. Uh. And then Kate otten in the or excuse me, that was the Buccaneers Jachavean Sanders forty four and a half and they are six and a half point underdogs in Arizona. That I know, Counselor, that's a leading question, but I'll let you just answer it whichever way you want.
Speaker 3: So Sanders, we're gonna guess is getting more dropbacks. Kate Aughton is still on the field all the freaking time, though, it's just it's so wild if that I mean just a production versus the actual raw snaps or raw routes for Kate Adden and almost every week is wild.
Speaker 2: I still think I might go out in here, though.
Speaker 1: Yeah I can't. All right, listen, it's close, it's close for me. But when I and maybe this is recency bias in my head too, where I'm thinking like, Okay, well didn't do anything last week. It's hard for me to visualize him doing something against Houston. Uh this week. I could be wrong on this, but you are right. I mean, this is the Romeo Dobbs theory. Right, if you're out there.
Speaker 2: All the time field running all these.
Speaker 1: Routes, there's there's God, something's going to happen that's going to be good for him eventually, I would imagine, So I don't so you say and I say, sanders on that that that wraps.
Speaker 2: Up pretty it's pretty gross. Either way, it's not good.
Speaker 1: It's not good. And this would obviously only f FPC players would be considering this. Obviously with with the tight end premium score, let's get to a more of a compelling conversation will shift to the quarterbacks here to wrap things up tonight bow Knicks, who is at Indianapolis, or Dak Prescott who's at home against the Giants.
Speaker 2: Probably living with Prescott here.
Speaker 3: They presumably will have plenty of time to run the ball in this game.
Speaker 2: Maybe, I mean the Giants could put up a little bit of a fight. We'll see.
Speaker 3: If this is Russell Wilson's last stand. Already only two weeks the end of the season, I think I'd probably still rather have Dak Bonix did not look very good. We kind of went over earlier, particularly in that first half. He was kind of all over the place.
Speaker 1: This out despite the seventeen passing plays in the first quarter.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, yeah, he's still threw the ball like twenty six times in the first half. But it came to my like minus six and a half epa on dropacks for one half.
Speaker 2: Is really terrible.
Speaker 3: Actually, I mean that they were on pace to be a losing team just because of how bo Knicks was playing football. Prescott should be dropping back plenty on most weeks. We'll see against the Giants. But yeah, I'm I'm still taking Prescott here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I leaned towards Prescott as well. I was a heavy believer in Prescott in drafting season because of the lack of what I thought was a lack of quality running backs in Dallas, Javonte Williams saying and maybe not and then you had you know, Ceedee Lamb and Pickens and Ferguson was another guy that I was really into, and that still freshened my mind. They had the sort of like the quote unquote mini buy to prepare for this as well. So I'm gonna lean Prescott over bone Nicks. It is a Matthew Golden end around for six yards, a Jordan Love sack for minus ten and now another Chris Brooks catch for ten yards that has Green Bay punting on fourth and four from their own thirty. We're coming up on the end of the first quarter. There's just forty seconds to go. JJ McCarthy or Caleb Williams. They just battled each other on Monday Night Football this past week. Which one are you rolling with this week as we head into Week two? The week two matchups for these players. McCarthy at home against the Falcons, Caleb Williams at the Lions. And forgive me, I don't think we had this from a viewer earlier, but maybe we did. McCarthy or Caleb Williams here justin.
Speaker 2: This one's rough.
Speaker 3: Honestly, McCarthy looked much like bo Nicks, pretty bad in the first half and that kind of leaded all the way into the third quarter. It took him to the fourth quarter until he had his little his little I don't know why I'm to meeting him. He had a very impressive, heroic fourth quarter. He was using his legs a little bit, obviously got into the end zone there. Caleb Williams has so many freaking pass catchers. Still worried about his offensive line though I think I touched on that kind of at the beginning.
Speaker 2: The run blocking wasn't great. Pass blocking still isn't great.
Speaker 3: They've been switching around the offensive line for a few few seasons now, a bunch of new faces.
Speaker 2: Maybe they gel as things go on.
Speaker 3: They both have pretty positive matchups that could be kind of sneaky shootout scenarios. I'm probably going JJ McCarthy here. I'm still worried about the Falcons defense. They have a pretty pitiful pass rush still until we'll see if that improves over the over the course of this season, but that has been bad for years now as well.
Speaker 1: The other thing I'll bring up, and I can't remember who I was talking to about this, somebody was plugged in to the Bears said that there are people around the Bears organization, or maybe it's beat writers. I'm not sure that are one percent convinced. At some point this season Tyson Beagent will be making a start with Caleb not. Didn't they just extend him, Yes, Pagent.
Speaker 2: They did.
Speaker 1: They just ate like three years. It was three years, three year deal. And this is the the arm wrestlers.
Speaker 2: Kid, right that it's just yeah, right, yeah.
Speaker 1: Crazy that that we're seeing this right now, and again that's just here. Say it's Week two. There's a lot of crazy stuff flying around, right, But that'd be wild if we saw Ben Johnson making the move to bench Caleb Williams in favor of Tyson Bagent.
Speaker 3: It would be if he benches Caleb Williams before he inches DeAndre Swift, I would oh my god, I would.
Speaker 2: Lose my mind.
Speaker 1: Where's the betting odds on that? Right, He's gotta have what book has that I want some of that action for sure. We talked about c J. Stroud earlier, justin Michael Pennix and he are the last choices that we'll bring up with tonight. Pennix in Minnesota to take on the Vikings, c J. Stroud battling the Buccaneers at home on Monday Night football.
Speaker 3: Yeah, another two games that could could be like little sneaky shootout scenarios.
Speaker 2: I think this is kind of close to a coin flip as well. Pennicks.
Speaker 3: You know, he used his legs a little bit, he found the end zone. I remember him getting even a rushing touchdown last year, so this might have been quite fluky. Yeah, this is kind of the offensive line issues again, I'm really worried about the Texans. They are my thirty second ranked offensive line. Right now, we'll see how things gel together here. I lean Pinix, but again not with a ton of conviction here.
Speaker 2: Do you?
Speaker 1: I mean, I know you're an offensive line savant. Did you find yourself breaking ties during drafting season against teams with poor offensive lines? Can you remember a time where you know you're you're, you know, thinking about two different quarterbacks when you're on the clock, or two different running backs when you're on the clock, and you're like, well, there's no way I can take this guy over this guy based on his offensive line.
Speaker 3: Usually what I'm doing is breaking tie. That's what I use for, is breaking ties. If it's typically running backs, honestly, quarterbacks, I feel like can kind of overcome offensive line issues. You know, good quarterbacks and bad quarterbacks are you know, more susceptible to getting crushed by their bad offensive lines. But usually it's more of a tie breaker, And probably seventy five percent of those are running backs. And if it's just two guys I'm thinking about, and one has an offensive line unit that I think is a top ten unit and the other guy has a bottom ten I'll just lean towards the top ten.
Speaker 2: Guy.
Speaker 3: It's not usually like this offensive line is ranked six, so I've got to attack everyone associated with you.
Speaker 2: Know, the Chargers or whatever. But it's more of a tie breaker, can you point?
Speaker 1: Yeah it was there? You said Houston was the worst, right, Okay? Who were the two teams next to it? Your bottom three besides the Texans this year?
Speaker 3: Cincinnati and Cincinnati New York the Giants.
Speaker 1: Giants, Okay, all right, Yeah that's and and the Dolphins had to be down there to quite a bit.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, there their bottom five Toronto, Toronto Armstead retiring and like the middle of the summer didn't didn't help their chances.
Speaker 1: And they I know, they drafted a guard who was starting right away. But yeah, I mean it's it's one.
Speaker 3: Guy, Jonah, Jonah, whose name I always mess up.
Speaker 2: So I'm just gonna leave it Jonah, Okay.
Speaker 1: Right, the we'll leave it at that. I guess. I'm looking it up right now just to see if if I can find it, and I can not, so we will listen. Why don't we do this? Oh my god, Jonah Savanaya, I don't know, yes, yes, Sava Savilla and Naya, Savilla and Naya. You will not go to at justin underscore red words on X for pronunciations of offensive linemen.
Speaker 2: What you will go.
Speaker 1: There too, find is all your work on Pro Football focus everything up four for four. For anybody who's wanting to consume more of your content after watching you tonight Justin, is that the best place to go is your ex or working else where? Can people also check out your work?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I have a I have a YouTube channel.
Speaker 3: It's just shorts only like bite size sixty second Fantasy football advice with my buddy Stefanel. It's at ask us FF or ask us Fantasy Football. Was just nothing, but it's nothing but like one or two shorts a week. At this point we busted out like eighty something shorts over the summer just based on positional ranking and rookies, the target and whatever. And then yeah, everything else is just on X that justin underscore redwards. Everything else will be over there.
Speaker 1: That is where to go, That is where to check it out. You are doing great work. Keep up all the great work for this as well.
Speaker 2: Justin.
Speaker 1: So much fun to have you on the show tonight. We'll definitely have to have you back on again soon. Enjoy the rest of the game tonight. Thank you so much, my friend, Thanks ma'am. I want to mind everybody that the FFPC Weekly Challenge, the Thursday Weekly Challenge no longer opened, but we have the Sunday Weekly Challenge closing in at one o'clock. No draft, no salary cap. Pick your ten players went up to twenty five hundred dollars ten thirty one hundred team contests, only one player per NFL team. We will be back at seven pm next Thursday for the Dolphins and Bills. We'll get you set for that and take you through that. The commanders have it after a one yard scramble from Jade Daniels second to nine from Green Bays forty three could be seeing a touchdown here. We'll let you enjoy it. Thank you so much for watching FFPC Insider Access on the Better Sports Network for Justin Edwards and our producer Met Deutch. I'm Erk Balkman. Talk with you next week.
Speaker 3: Back then,