Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to side Quest. This is our weekly video game show here at Geek Versus. I'm your host, til mustn't I have with me? Peter the park Day the field? How you doing to my friend?
Speaker 2: I'm no good. I've got to change my nickname after the week. That's from Spidey, right, Peter park Spidey? You got it? Travis did had He had no clue what it meant?
Speaker 1: Did you not? Did you have that on the Spidy review?
Speaker 2: Though? No? I had it yesterday because we're talking about Spider Man versus Doomsday at the box office.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah it made sense to me.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I got a lot.
Speaker 1: Okay, I got Peter Parker on the mind. Yes, happy to be here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 1: This is a gonna be a fun episode of side Quest. We're gonna be times on the game plane. We're gonna do a bit of a preview for the second half the year. I know it's in August, we're already technically past second half the year, but yeah, we're gonna just kind of look through that calendar. A bunch of new things have been announced or have release dates that didn't when we did this at the back in January. So that'll be fun to check in on that. But we're gonna kick it off, of course with a Patreon question that me and Travis answered last last week, but I want to get your take on it, and then whenever Kerkin's on the show next he'll answer it as well. And that was from Sam Green asking which which video games do you wish you could play again for the first time? So whether that's like the magic and discovery of uncovering like secrets in a game for the first time, or maybe just like those early memories of you know, checking out in a multiplayer game for the first time. Taylor, what comes to mind for you? What are some games that you wish you could play again for the first time, just vanquish your mind, your memories of it and have that fresh experience in twenty twenty six today, I.
Speaker 2: Mean immediately, Halo Reach is absolutely that's a great gay that story in that campaign, like I've been playing I think I mentioned a few episodes ago side Quest that I was kind of trying to play through again and slowly but surely make them away through it. And yeah, it's just it hits different as an adult because you actually understand the stuff they're talking about in the story cut scenes. But I would love to play with again. So you got that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I'll just cut you off real quick, which is that it's interesting with like because a Halo Campaign Evolved just came out or it's supposed to come. I think it just came out.
Speaker 2: It came out.
Speaker 1: I wonder if, like, because there's new missions in that, I wonder if people will have like a bit of that experience where it's like you can kind of experience the first game again for the first time because there's like new new content, new missions that were never there before, and it like looks really good and whatnot. So hopefully people can have a similar experience. But I think Reach Out of that like whole series of games, that's like a really good pick for this particular question, I think, especially because it's got like remastered versions and stuff, so it still looks great, you know when you're playing it today.
Speaker 2: It does. Yeah, it's just it holds up. It holds up so good. I would love to get what they did to Campaign Evolved. If they do that to Reach that'd be cool. Oh my god, they will, No, I don't think so. I saw that there were talks for Halo two getting the campaign involve treatment, and I just think.
Speaker 1: You know, trilogy, but I don't know if they'd go past the trilogy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would think so too. But they already did an anniversary for two and revised it, but then three never got any love. Three had its anniversary. It's like, well, that's a shame.
Speaker 1: Did two when they did that niverieson that had like to have any new content or was it just like a code of paint.
Speaker 2: It was just like coda paint and a beautiful code of paint. It was, oh my gosh. So yeah. But than that, I mean, i'd probably take I would take both Calderty World at War and more Fair two because you have the zombies for the first time, and then you've got World War at Modern Warfare two playing Michael Myers and all those different like three sixty Noscope, Ballista's Interventions or not Ballista's just intervention, and Barrett fifty Cows I think was the other one. This was so much fun. And then the last one I'd probably throw down would be Assassin's Creed two. That game. Playing it for the first time was pure magic. Oh my gosh, just ten.
Speaker 1: And that's got some some remastered versions, right, I'm sure like it's.
Speaker 2: Got a Yeah, they did an Etzeo trilogy and that included Brotherhood and Revelations, and they gave it a little bit of a spruced up kind of quality factor to it. But it needs like an actual full on remaster, completely unreal engine amp at app let's go, that's what it needs.
Speaker 1: Is there an element to that one though? Where since you've played every other game in the series, would you go back to that when and be like, oh, it's missing these mechanics. Are this quality of life stuff that like the future games have added or do you think it would like stand up just because it's like such a quality game on its.
Speaker 2: Own, Well, here's the beautiful thing, because I mean I would notice that I would miss it. But Black Flag, I mean, I'm pretty sure they just revised the combat system, so it's the current combat system from the games into that old into the Black Flag. I believe that's what they did, if I remember watching the videos correctly. It's been a good minute. But they that wasn't just this fresh coat of paint. They totally spruce that up with modern day assassin's creed mechanics, so that if.
Speaker 1: They didn't do that for Assassin's Creed too, how do you think you would How do you think it would a fare for you if you played it now?
Speaker 2: Truly?
Speaker 1: Right now, mind wipe you go play the game right now? How do you think that would go?
Speaker 2: I'd still like it because it's a story that I fell in love with and the characters, so that would definitely kind of hold that prominent factor over over everything for me. But uh, yeah, it would be that would be such a shame a miss opportunity if they didn't. But it's a simple combat system anyways, mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Yeah those are good picks me. Yeah. I mean last week me and Trevs were like trying to figure out which games you would pick. I didn't think about Halo for some reason. But yeah, we we thought he's going to pick an Assassin's Creed for sure, he's got it. Yeah, oh yeah, that's great.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Again, like I said, when Kirkland's on next, we'll ask him his answers would be. But jumping into games, we've been playing, Taylor, what have you been playing lately?
Speaker 2: So lately? Uh? And it ties back into the Halo I just pop on the campaign evolved and took a deep dive into it. I wasn't I was getting excited for it. But this is a game I've played countless times, every iteration, and this being the third one, which is quite hilarious. I've beaten the campaign many a time. I played the living daylights out of the multiplayers. So this is the Halo game that I've got the most experienced with above all the other Halo games, and so playing this, it looks beautiful. And the first thing you notice is when you play a game, you're so familiar with the cut scenes. You know how they start, you know how they end, and so when you're playing and you get the intro cut scene, and it's like they added extra stuff here in the cut scenes. You're getting like space battles, the Pillar of Autumn jumping out of slip space, and you see like Covenant carriers coming in on the opposite side of the planet and it starts firing MAC rounds and blowing. I'm like, WHOA, You're getting like fighters flying a I'm like, okay, this is pretty sweet. I'm digging this. And like extra stuff in the ship where like Sergeant Johnson's running aund they're fighting aliens down the hallways. That being huge because I'm a big cut scene guy. Most of my times at night when I'm uploading you know, episodes, podcast episodes, I wander into YouTube and look at Halo cut scenes the past of the time while they download and they upload. So that was that was a big, big factor for me. I just couldn't believe it. And then of course new weaponry that you're getting. You got the skulls that they've placed throughout here too, and just I'm not going to go into super detail about the amount of content you can add them with the skulls, because you can add new enemy types that weren't there before. You can really change things up. You can you have sprinting now, which is cool. You can move the sprint. There's a very large customizing component to this game, which is awesome. On top of it just looking really really beautiful. And I did not touch the three prequel missions the extras, but the fact that they added that is really you can.
Speaker 1: Just skip those and jump into like.
Speaker 2: There's two Yeah, you can do the campaign or you can do extras, which is those those bonus missions. So I will get around to playing them because I really want to be immersed in that I've already watched the cut scenes for all of it because I'm curious, and the game came out early for people that pre ordered it, so I just I dived in and I just wanted I didn't buy it, but I wanted to see what the cut scenes were for that story. So it looks pretty cool, looks engaging, and I'm excited to eventually get around to it, but I'll play through the main game first just because and it's it's been a delight so far. I really, I really thought that was it the twenty fifth anniversary. Was that what the previous one? I was a ten year anniversary? They did the remake? I can't remember, but when that first remake came out, I thought, wow, these graphics look great. At the time, this is awesome, and I was back on three sixties. So now being at this point where we're two generations later on consoles, and the game just looks even better. There's some weird stuff with characters kind of running and their animations look a little bit off, but for the most part, it's it's pretty. It's pretty fantastic, and I hope that this applies to Halo two because I will take it only if it means we get Halo three. I need a Halo three like this, Like you said, just the trilogy. Just do the trilogy and then we're laughing. But in closing this prequel mission, I think set a good bar for the fact that there's such an expansive universe here that they can tap into. There's so much story, and we don't need to keep going ahead ahead beyond Halo five Halo Infinite, as cool as that would be. But if they just release another ODST game where you're on an outpost and the flood is coming like Horror style, or just add more prequel stuff. This Human Covenant war lasted for so long and there's so many different missions and narratives that they can pursue, and I think, if anything, these prequel missions that they've introduced show that I think people are craving and people want to explore more of this universe, So give us that please. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know when I'll jump into this, just because I'm not on game Pass these days, and I still haven't even Halo Infinite Campaign even though I really want to. But yeah, I'm glad to hear that it's like so successful. I can't wait to hear how those new missions are and if they feel like they fit right in or if they're like different, Like I don't do they add any weapons or anything from like later games that weren't in the original game, or do they keep pretty close to like what that original experience was.
Speaker 2: There are new games, games, new weapons, So the first thing I notice yet SMG and they've got a few other things that they've they've thrown in there too, which is pretty pretty spicy. So I'm down. I'm down for it. And again you got the customization. You can customize your your armor and the weapon skins too. There's some really cool designs and there were four armor types right off the bat that you can get. There's one by doing a quest on Discord. There's two that they put out on Halo Waypoint. One was like an Xbox Anniversary another one was like a rock pattern one, and then there's a fourth one. You get the silver skin for just logging in to Halo Campaing Evolved and that you can get it. So definitely go check out Halo wait Point. I think that you can find them there. Check out their social media is if you want to get the skins. Or care about it because for free skins is for free skins, so why.
Speaker 1: Not absolutely, you just have to jump through all these hoops. Yes, that's right, great, that's that's an awesome surprise. I didn't know you were a playing there, and I'd love to hear that. I have two games to talk about today. One is Classical Reliable Hitman. I have a fun act to it. But then before that new game Machine Party, I don't I remember this one, Taylor, because I mentioned it I think when when it was an announced I dropped it in like our geek first chat because I was like, we got to play these this game guys. I don't know if you remember this one, but it's like the essentially the elevator pitch of this game is it's a Mario Party meets Saw. So it's kind of like a bunch of Mario Party mini games, but with like the Saw sort of squid Games sort of aesthetic to it in terms of the Mario Party. In thisess it like it doesn't have like a board game element, like it's just mini games. So I picked this up, played it with some friends. We're actually gonna play again tonight, which I'm excited about because when I played it when we had three of us. It's like a four you can do four players maximum. We had three of us, and so it was fun to see how the mini games play there. But I think, you know, adding that extra person will be and of course an extra layer of chaos. So yeah, it's a lot simpler than Mario Party in that sense that you're pretty much just loading into a game and there's all there's all fifteen mini games. You play all of them back to back. You got a score RaSE on how well you do in these different mini games, and then you know whoever has the highest score like wins at the end. You know, the mini games, they vary, like some of them are very very simple, some of them are a bit more involved.
Speaker 2: But I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think like to start from start to finish probably takes a half an hour, probably maybe maybe forty minutes or something like that, depending on how quickly or slow you slowly you do some of it. It's like a nine dollars game. It's pretty cheap. I don't think it'll have tons of replayability unless they add more to it, but at least for me, like I've already played two full rounds probably can do a couple more tonight, and you know, I don't know if I'll play it much more than that, but you know, for nine bucks, I'm not gonna complain to much. I think it's like a pretty pretty good amount of a amount of content. I really like the aesthetic. It's definitely that's where the saw part comes in, the kind of dark grungey. It's kind of got like a ps one dithered sort of aesthetic too, which has been very popular for a lot of indie games lately. Definitely like like mouth Washing and did that kind of thing, Crow Country, A bunch of these cool like indie horror games are kind of using this aesthetic, and I think it works quite well for this gives it like a silly vibe to it, and like that dark grunginess. And yeah, it's it's just really fun. Like the mini games are so stupid and silly and nasty, but it's just it's so much fun. Like some of the one of the one of the minigames, Taylor is literally just everyone's sitting in a room and you just have to finish a cigarette in thirty seconds. So you have to like that, So trying take as deep of a breath of U can as this cigarette, burn through as much as you can without coughing, because if you oversmoke, then your guy will start coughing. You'll have like a cool down for a little bit. So you're trying to take like the biggest, nastiest breaths in and then exhale and then like breathe it in again. You're trying to like get that timing just right, and if you don't finish your cigarette in time, then a gun just shoots you in the freaking ahead and you just die. So that's like one of them. Another one of my favorites is it kind of rotates, so everyone gets a turn as a sniper. You're up in like a sniper's nest, and then everyone else has to like run through an obstacleurse and get to the and you're just trying to snipe them as best you can. They take either two body shots to kill or one headshot, and it's just really fun. And so sometimes they'll like everyone will try and run at the same times that like you can't keep track of everyone, or you'll have people like sneaking around. At one point, I put like a hat on my character and I was like baiting by crouching and like sticking my hat out so you could like shoot my hat, but my head's out in there, so I could like make it by uh just super fun and silly stuff like that. One of them is like everyone's driving like a forklift and you got to go pick up boxes and like put them on your in your area and then whereas most amount of boxes like survives that round and then you kind of whittle down if there's no one left, but you can like you know, steal boxes from other players. You can like bonk in other people's forklifts to make them like drop drop boxes or like stick them in corners. Some of the mini games are like the very squid games and that Squid Gaming, and that there's one where like the platforms will like fall out from under you and so everyone's kind of running around on these platforms that are following oner them and you can like push people in uh like off the map and stuff like that. So you're kind of messing with each other for the most part, but then sometimes you'll just have people like teaming up. Me and my friend Jesse were playing and Nick he is like way higher score than us, so like okay, we're gonna two. We won this guy. We're gonna take him down as best we can, and so we were kind of just teaming up on him a little bit. And uh yeah.
Speaker 2: It's a.
Speaker 1: It's a it's a really fun time. Uh you know, definitely again, like maybe only a couple sessions worth of replayability out of it, but I'm having a really good time with Machine Party. It's a it's a good game.
Speaker 2: I'm excited to try it. You've sold me on it just the cigar thing alone. Yeah, yeah, you should jump in if.
Speaker 1: You pick it up tonight. We're gonna play it probably like eight pm or something if you want. If you want to jump.
Speaker 2: In, that'd be pretty cool. It's on all consoles, is that right?
Speaker 1: Just s team, I think, just any I don't I doubt it would get poreded. I feel like it's this seems like a very Steam Steam ass game.
Speaker 2: I would say, I don't know. There's a few games where I think like, oh this this looks fun, like the Bomb Diffusing one. It's like, oh this is on Steam. Oh no, they ported it to Xbox and other consoles. Steam's doing pretty good with these.
Speaker 1: Sports, that's true. I feel like for a lot of these Steam games, like they'll start with Steam and then if it's like really successful, I guess, and then they get some extra money in the pocket, then maybe they can and poured it over the consoles. But I doubt that I'll have them for this one. But who knows, maybe maybe would I played with most and keyboard. I don't know how it would control with a with a controller. I think it does have controllers support, but it felt pretty good with most keyboard, especially for the sniper one first person sniper mode with the most keyboard, which is I, you know, I sniper. I play a lot of first person shooters. I was struggling. I was struggling to get the sniper shot. It's it's tough. It's really a tight Yeah, yeah, supermind. I won't spoil the other mini games in there, but they're all equally deranged and weird, and some of them are like more dexterity, some of the more strategies. Some of them are like yeah, really quickly the smoking one. Some of them take a bit longer, so good mix of stuff. Again, like you once you do one round and you've seen all fifteen mini games, like there isn't like a huge pool, like a hundred plus a Mario party, right, but then you can do like custom if you want, so you can like pick just certain ones I think, so, I don't know, there's a little bit, a little bit going on there, but yeah, that's Machine Party on Steam now nine bucks ish, good time. Nice, that's to Machine Party. And then the other thing I wanted to share is it again And mostly the only thing I've been playing is Hitman, and so I have another Hitman anecdote to share, as I seem to do every single week. For this one, it makes sense. I feel like I gotta explain a couple game mechanics here. So one of the mechanics in Hitman is, of course it's like a social stealth game. You're walking around. If you get disguises, you can go into different areas and you have like different permissions. So obviously, if you're just like a regular civilian, you can't walk around with a gun out because then that's illegal. It's illegal to walk around with a freaking pistol or a shotgun, and people will tell on the guards and then you'll get in trouble. But if you go and get a guard's outfit, now you're allowed to walk around with like a pistol or a shotgun, ar a holstage on your back's that's the thing that's totally legal. But snipers are kind of the exception. You're not no matter what costume you get with other than like a couple exceptions like one on like Germany, or like certain maps. You there's outfits where you can, but for the most part, you're not allowed to ever walk around with a sniper. It's just too high powered of an item. So really, the way you got to get like a sniper around the map is you like disman like putting a briefcase. Then you can bring a briefcase around the map and then go to your spot, your sniper spot, unpack the sniper, take your shot, put it back in the briefcase, and then run to the next spot. So there's one mechanic, okay, the briefcase. Sniper's second mechanic is there's a lot going with this, but explosions in hit Man's obviously when you're playing him man you're trying to you know, you can just take out your targets and it can be dirty and messy if you want, but most players are gonna go for silent assassin rating, which is you only take out the targets. You take out your silence, your your targets silently, so no one sees you do the crime, you never get implicated doing anything illegal. And then the last part is like, you got to you gotta hide the bodies. You gotta make sure that the bodies don't get found. But there's right exception of that, and that is if you kill a target with what is deemed an accident kill, then you don't need to hide the body because then people are like, oh, well, this was just a freak accident. This is not a hit man that was doing this thing. So the classic example of that is like if you drop a chandelier on someone's head and you don't get seen dropping the chandelier, it's considered an accident and and people are like, oh, that kind of sucks, but they just pack up the body and then they're like fine with it, and you can still retain silent assassin. With explosions, it's a bit more dicey because if you just blow some up with an explosion and people are like, well, that was definitely not an accident. There's a couple exceptions that like if you like blow up a car in like certain ways and the car blows up and hits a target, then like that could be considered an accident. But then like the main, best, most consistent way to do this is with a pro paine tank. For some reason, propane tank explosions are typically considered accidents. So most maps have like between like two and five propaine tanks. Usually you can find them in like kitchens or like barbecues or random stuff like that, so you can go get a propane tank. And then if you even shoot the prot pain tank but you don't get spotted like shooting it and it blows up and kills your target, then that's considered an accident kill and you're good. You don't need to have body. You can do it publicly, and then it's also really nice if your target is a smoker at some point in their cycle, just like machine party, if they take out a cigarette at some point, if you plant a propane tank, because you can walk around pro propane tanks. If you put a pro pain tank on the floor next to someone who's smoking, when they throw the cigarette on the ground, it'll hit the propane tank and explode and it will kill them and it will be considered an accident. So it's great if your target is a smoker, because then you can just drop a propane tank accident, kill Simon Sassin. Hands are clean, move on to your next target. Good to go. Okay, so there's that mechanic. I was in a Marrakesh, Morocco. This map here, one of my targets is this is my last target. I've taken out the other ones. I go to this target. He's in like a really high defense area. It's like a derelict school that has been like converted to a military base. So these guards absolutely everywhere. I have a propane tank, I have my sniper in a briefcase. I'm like, okay, I'm gonna show up to this area and see what kind of mischief I can cause here. I'm getting up in the area. I just drop my briefcase somewhere where I'm like, oh, I don't think any guards patrol this area, so I can leave my briefcase here. Because even though like guards, even though there's like a the snipers tucked away in the briefcase, guards will still like go pick up briefcases and like take them to secure lock box areas. So I'm like, okay, I'll just stash it here. I don't think I'm gonna walk this way. That's fine. And then I go and I'm like, okay, I want to go set up like a pro Paine tank explosion, but I don't think there's a position where I can like shoot this thing and like make it super secure. But I had an idea. I also had, like a concussive explosive. These are different where they won't kill someone, they just like knock people out. They're good way to like open doors or like open safes and stuff like that. And I was like, one thing I'd never tested before but I wanted to figure out is if you use a concussive explosive to detonate a pro Paine tank, is that get considered as an accident? So this was my game plan. My target. I saw that he at some point in the cycle comes around of this kind of quieter area. And then there was actually another gun nearby who's like a career He's not technically my target, but he has a bunch of currency on him, and I'm like, I'm gonna test this out and if it kills either one of these guys, I'm okay with it, because either way I'll get to test what I want. So they kind of go around, they leave a little bit. I go. I set up my pro paane tank. I set my proximity concussive, so as soon as someone walks up to it, it'll just blow up and I'll get to find out what the answer is. And now Taylor the classic part of Hitman. We wait. So I go hide behind like a hummer, sitting there for a bit, waiting for a couple of minutes for people to do their cycles. As I'm just chilling there, scanning my camera round, I see that some freaking guard has located my briefcase with my sniper in it. So he's picked up my briefcase. And I was trying to avoid going in this high defense military base. But he's gonna take that thing right inside there and go put it at some lock box. So I'm like, damn it, Okay, I'm not going. I wanted to avoid going in this base. Now I'm gonna have to. So I see him, he picks up my briefcase. He's walking inside as I'm scanning my camera like following where he's going to see where he's gonna take this thing. I noticed that a third guard and not the target and not the courier, a third freaking guard has spotted my concussive explosive on the ground, and now he's gonna go over and investigate what this thing is. And I'm like, oh shit, this is not good. I was like, two guys can find this thing, and I'd be fine with it. But some random third freaking guy came out of nowhere and he spots this thing and he goes to check it out. So at this point I ditch. I'm like, i gotta get out here, because if I'm close to this maybe I'll get associated with this crime. So i'd run around, I get out of the area. Of course, he walks up to it. Concussive explosive goes off, pro paane tank goes off, This guy gets launched. The whole military base is in a tizzy now because some guy just died by a massive explosion and there's a body in the air, and I'm like, damn it, this is not good. So I pretty much just go hide for a few minutes. I'm like, I'm gonna let this die down and I'll come back later. So I do that I come back, I'm like, I gotta find what the sniper is. So I sneak into this base. Thankfully, it was actually not too far into the building where the sniper was. So I go get my briefcase with my sniper in it. I peace out. But now I still have to get this target right because I didn't kill him a successfully at the explosive. So I'm like, let me go find a nearby roof and I'll go take the sniper out and I'll snipe him and it'll be I'll be all happy with this. I know there's a rooftop nearby that maybe has a sight line, so I take my briefcase all the way up there. Unfortunately, when I get up there and like there's no sight line, I can't I can't see the target from here. But Taylor's something crazy happened. When I was up on this rooftop. I heard this sound. So when you're in freelancer mode, there's like crate, so you can go around like pick up items, and when you're close to one, it does like a little buzzing sound to like hint to you that there's a crate nearby. I'm like, what I thought was the highest roof in this map, but I hear this buzzing from like a roof above me. I'm like, what the heck, there's a like a roof above this roof. I've played this map fifty to one hundred times in my life, and I never knew about this other random rooftop here. So that's always an exciting moment in hit Man when I discover some new part of a map after I've played it a million times. But I have no idea how to get upre because obviously I've never been up there before. So I start running around the building. I'm like, I don't know where this thing could be, And then I eventually discovered there's like a big pipe you can use to like climb up the whole side of this building and get it to this very top rooftop. I'm like, sweet, this is great, But unfortunately you can't like bring a briefcase up a pipe. You can't like scale a pipe with a briefcase. So it's a kind of like there's guards around. But I'm like, I'm kinda unpack the sniper rifle, put it on my back. I'm gonna climb up this pipe. It's a bit of a risk, but I'm gonna do it. Thankfully, no one sees me. I can get the sniper up on the roof. Sweet, We're good to go. I get to the roof, get the box, and then on this rooftop the discover that there's a freaking battle axe up here, like a hidden secret item, and I'm like, hell, yeah, I want this battle axe. I want to bring this thing home with me. And thankfully, guards don't care about battle axes like they care about snipers, but they don't care about battle axes. But still, I can't like carry this thing in my pocket, so I just throw it down on the ground. I'm like, Okay, i'll come get this thing later. A guard will come see it when I throw it down, they'll hear the sound, they'll investigate it. Then they'll like, oh, it's just an axe. That's fine, I'll leave that there. So I do that, and I'm waiting for my sniper opportunity. I fucked up again, Taylor, because when a guard came over to investigate the battle axe, he saw my freaking briefcase on the ground. So this freaking guard it might have been the same guy. He picks up my briefcase and he takes it all the way back inside this building. I'm like, damn it again again. OHM like, okay, fine, I'll go get this thing later. I'll take my sniper out. I finally the target comes back outside. Snipe them, get the kill. We're happy. I got the last target now. And then I discovered that rooftop I was on earlier actually connects to this rooftop in a way that I just never knew about. Oh I can I can scale back over there. There's only a couple guys on this rooftop. I knock them both out. I think I hit one of them with a sick dart. So he goes to like the bathroom, and I'm like, hey, I can leave my sniper here for like a in it. Go get the battle axe, come back at my sniper. So I do that. Drop the sniper, go down to the street level. My briefcase is long gone. But you know what, I'm like, ef it at this point, I'm over it. Take the battle axe, go back up to the rooftop, grab my sniper, and then I'm like I just need to make a mad dash for the exit. At this point, like I don't care if anyone spots me. So here I am running through the streets with a battle axe in one hand sniper rifle in the other. People are freaking out in the streets. Guards are freaking out. They're like, who is this guy with all these weapons? But thankfully I only have to go around like a couple corners, make it to an exit, and successfully exfiltrate the mission with the battle axe and sniper in hand, all the targets dead. It was a crazy combination of all these different Hitman mechanics. I learned a lot about this map and I learned a lot about mechanics, and it was just such an eventful time. It was great.
Speaker 2: So obviously people that create these games like hit Man, they don't know every single combo of execution out there because you're trying to time an explosive with a pane tank and I don't feel like that's something developers had necessarily thought of.
Speaker 1: Well, I think the big part is like this mode that I'm playing is freelance remotes, so it's like essentially a roguel Like so the target I had is like a guy that was not Like part of the campaign is like there's so many set up opportunities to kill these guys in really funny, creative ways. But in freelance, so that's not really the case. You kind of have to get creative because they're not like it's not like curated content with like, oh, here's all these fun story narrative ways to kill this guy. You just have to like get creative and figure things out. And that's why I was like, I want to see what happens if I cancussive explode a propane tank and like what happens? And so yeah, like I'd never seen this target before, I'd never had this guy before, Whereas on the base map, you know, you have the same targets over and over again, and so yeah, you kind of have to get creative or not. You can just do the same boring strats. But I like to try and discover new mechanics, and of course I found new rooftops and all these new battle Ax locations and all this fun stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's the fun right, yeah stuff in there.
Speaker 1: It's truly the best game because it's just so replayable and like it's funny because this map too, is like probably one of my least favorite. I actually just did a rank and couple of weeks ago. I think I had it near the bottom and I was like, I don't know. I feel like I don't know a ton about it, and like I like the map a whole lot more now because of this one interaction, like has given me a lot of respect for certain areas of the map that I'd never really interacted with before. Because of these specific objectives I had been given, the specific target I had kind of had to make me like get creative with my my options here. So it was it was a really good time.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 1: I love hit Man. That's the best. Uh, there you go. That is the games that we have been playing. Maybe we'll take a quick reprieve to thank our wonderful Patreon producers brought Aaron Braden April of Darkness, Jack Grant, Supbad, Mike TGJL, I'm six' NINE aka and R F, Hadulgo Lenny Kravitz, Cocktail Clay john with The, Wage Sam, Green john m And Matthew. Fletcher thank you all so much for supporting the. Show not only are you doing, that but you get all sorts of exclusive, Episodes you get episodes early ad, free you get voting power much Like Sam. Green UNLESS i just mentioned you can send in questions that we will answer as a priority on the. Show and, yeah it's truly just the best way to support what we're doing here at Geek. First and we work. Hard we do a lot of Podcast, Taylor we. Do ton've been known to do one or.
Speaker 2: Two, YEAH i think.
Speaker 1: It was like last, WEEK i did like six podcasts in one.
Speaker 2: Week it's, crazy that's almost that's one day, off one day.
Speaker 1: Off, yeah thankfully we stack things SO i do like two or one. Days it's not me doing it six days in a. Row but, yeah it is a. Lot And patreon you get the most amount of content and the best versions of those, episodes and, yeah you get the voting. Power and also a great thing is next week IS Gv. Day august eighth IS Gv, day which we are celebrating the eleventh anniversary of Geek. First and if you Join, patreon you can Join taylor's trivia. Battle you could possibly be on my, team my winning, team join the winning. Streak, yeah we're gonna answer some fun trivia. Questions we have all sorts of other fun events going on on the, day so it's gonna be a great time join. Us in just a few short days For. Gbday even if you don't join The patreon can't afford, it that's. FINE i just came hang, out watch the, stream hang on, chat share your favorite geek first, memory share your Favorite hitman anecdotes as, well And i'll read those out. Happily but with, That, taylor but we take a quick ad break and we'll be right. Back, okay we are, back and, yeah we're gonna just do a little look see at the rest of the year. Here so of course we're In august here at the start Of. August we just have a few short months to go for the end of this gaming calendar, season and, yeah we're just gonna take a look a little preview of what's to, come because, yeah there's a lot of things that have release dates that did not, before games that we're not announced, before AND i think we'll probably get most of that anything that's not on there pretty soon with like Games. Calm, YEAH i feel like we kind of have a good idea of what the rest of this year is gonna look. Like So i'm gonna share my screen here today we can kind of follow along with the Great Game informer list of all the games that, exist So i'm skipping right here To. August and here's the thing THAT i totally forgot about this release date right off the bat Is beast Of. Reincarnation that is the Game freak Like souls Like Nature nature game that really interesting and kind of switch up From Game, freak you, know Put pokemon. Inside let's Do beast Of reincarnation, instead which is a game That i'm quite interested AND i believe is on Game past Game.
Speaker 2: PASS i do not.
Speaker 1: Know let me see IF i can find that with a quick google. Here, uh yeah it. Is so you're on Game pass right, NOW i guess because you have access on GAMES. I i switched over From shot to Tell us and Tell us During Games Pass ultimate basically like super cheap free with My internet.
Speaker 2: Bundle like it's, Well.
Speaker 1: I'm curious if you have any interest in this, one if you remember, it because obviously you're A pokemon. Guy you like Game, freak but it's it's interesting when they do something that's not Not.
Speaker 2: Pokemon, well that's, right AND i THINK i vaguely remember this because, yeah anything that's Not pokemon is, like what excuse, me how are you been doing this? For, yeah so this is something you're gonna, try.
Speaker 1: THOUGH i, mean next Time i'm on Game, PASS i THINK i would check it, out BUT i don't think i'll subscribe for checking out this one in. Particular but, yeah it just comes out the day that we're releasing this. Episode. Nice, Nice and probably part of that is because on the same day Also Big walk comes, out which is a eight player co op. GAME i would say kind of Like, peak but maybe more, exploration, EH i, Mean peak's pretty exploration, Y But i'm very excited for this. Game i'm looking forward to. It it's From, househuse the developers of Untitled goose. Game they haven't released anything since that, game WHICH i think was like twenty nineteen or twenty twenty or something crazy like. That and apparently this game is extremely good from Everything i've, heard AND i have a bunch of friends who are really interested and keen on playing it Because we've been doing a lot of co op games like. This So i'm very excited For Big. Walk that does come out again same day this podcast is really. SEEN i probably won't be able to play it for a few days Because i'll be out of town In. Colonna they're and busy seeing people and. Stuff BUT i definitely will report back side quest and a couple weeks When i've played some big walk Because i'm, very very much looking forward to this coming out on P s five switched TO pc and.
Speaker 2: Mac Oh, mac how? Interesting back? Interesting?
Speaker 1: Yeah do you have any interest in this? ONE i don't know if you've seen gameplay of this. One.
Speaker 2: No, No the only WALK i know is The Long walk With Cooper hoffman and the New Black. Panther, okay, okay it's the only Walk i'm aware of right. Now interest in The fields Of? MYSTERY i guess this is the one point o release. Date have you heard Of fields Of?
Speaker 1: Mystery that is like A Stardow valley like, game a little bit more anime. AESTHETIC i suppose That i've heard really good things about it in Uh steam early access, there BUT i, think, yeah the full launch is Also august, fifth So august is starting off with a freaking start.
Speaker 2: Here i've not heard of this.
Speaker 1: ONE i think people are gonna tear this game apart and absolutely love. It well that's. GOOD i just mean it like it's like a, big juicy game that has a lot of. CONTENT i think people are gonna really uh salivate for this because you, know a lot of people Love stardu and it's been a long time since there's been like New stardow. CONTENT i Think mystery has like maybe a good like second In command in that kind of genre. Space H, yeah the game That i'm excited to check out, someday BUT i probably won't be buying Launches marvel tok On Fighting. SOULS i think that game looks really. COOL i love the roster IS i Mean travis talked about last. Week now the full roster is finally out. There i'm really excited to watch them streams of this, game maybe watch them tournaments or something like. That but, YEAH i think this game looks really really, cool AND i don't, know maybe someone will have it for the twenty four hours stream and we could play it. Then but very much looking forward to, Uh Marvel token at some.
Speaker 2: Point, yeah this is One i'm Eventually i'll get around to trying this one Because i've been very lackluster for My marvel. GAMES i feel like it's just the one THAT i think you've pitched it, Too BUT i Know Travis key's pitching it like Playing Midnight sun's Get oh my, GOD i mean that sounds is so.
Speaker 1: Good you need to play.
Speaker 2: It wait for.
Speaker 1: That you got ghost writer in? THERE m, yeah, yes please play Min Night. Suns have you heard of this? Game agent sixty Four Spies Never.
Speaker 2: Die, no this is a hit man. Game it's not a man.
Speaker 1: Game it's a game inspired by A. GoldenEye so it's kind of got like A Golden Eye nintendo sixty four. Esthetic i've pulled up a trailer for you here On, steam so, yeah it's kind of rocking that that kind of CLASSIC janki and sixty four but like good looking twenty twenty six and sixty, four and it just seems, like, yeah it's just like a first person shooter Campaign, arcadie very much inspired By. GoldenEye So i've been looking forward to this, game AND i didn't realize that had a release date until we did this. List that's Why i'm glad we're doing this.
Speaker 2: Episode this looks there's SOMETHING i was talking to my buddy at work about this, actually but there's something about just modern games that have this old visual nostalgic vibe to, them and people can probably tear it apart in a bad, way but there's something that's just so attractive to. IT i don't know if it is nostalgia or what, not but it's just it's. Nice it's nice to look, at and.
Speaker 1: Apparently it's got. MULTIPLAYER i didn't even realize. That, honestly visuals have like taken a huge upgrade since the last TIME i checked in on this. Game So i'm all of a sudden extremely excited for. THIS i didn't realize this is coming out so.
Speaker 2: Soon this having multiplayer would be pretty, huge BECAUSE i think a lot of people were super gung ho for the multiplayer And GoldenEye when they redid that on On. XBOX i think, switch BUT i don't think the multiplayer was as exciting when people actually got.
Speaker 1: It so this got online and split. Screen that's pretty.
Speaker 2: Wild, Oh I'M i Would, yeah it's good it's got the split. Screen i'd be shocked if it. Didn't if it's trying to compete on a level with Goldeneyeh friends.
Speaker 1: With up to eight? Players oh that's.
Speaker 2: Sweet oh story split screen, too that's neat? Arena is that the eight?
Speaker 1: Players Guess i'm guessing the campaign is like a two to four player. Campaign but THEN i think you can just do Like Closset Golden eye battles with up to eight players and, yeah four players split screen as. Well?
Speaker 2: Cool this is own Only steam or is this?
Speaker 1: Switch, sorry let's see what it says on? Here it is JUST pc to. Start, YEAH i could see this one getting ported if it's quite.
Speaker 2: Successful, yeah AND i think this would be a very strong contender For Extra life. TOO i think this would be amazing to. Play M, yeah but, yeah there you.
Speaker 1: Go i'm very much looking forward to that. Now by the, way IF i skip a game that you care, about please cut me. Off, okay looks like The oblivion remaster's coming to switch to On august. Eleven that's pretty. Cool can't wait to see what the frame rate of that.
Speaker 2: Is, Yeah i'm still playing through mine on On.
Speaker 1: Xbox, yeah, same. Same and then we move along to what's the next big hitter? Here, oh the Metal Gear Solid Master Collection volume. Two i'll definitely pick that up at some point BECAUSE, i, yeah played through the volume one collection And i'm all cut up on my Metal gear now pretty, much SO i need to jump into. This some one has four and. FIVE i believe in. IT i. THINK i think that's. Right, yeah and four is kind of lost to. TIME i think so this will be a, good good.
Speaker 2: Time that's. Nice then, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah the end of the month is actually closing out with a bunch of things because we also Have Plaguetail Or residents rather A Plaguetail legacy coming out on the same, Day august twenty. SEVENTH i am excited for that. GAME i will definitely play it, someday maybe not day, one but you, KNOW i REALLY i enjoy the other two. Games it's a SERIES i would definitely continue. With but then most maybe Importantly Star Wars Zero. Company that's The Tactics Star wars. GAME i could see myself getting. That, taylor are you picking that one up or what's your interest level with The Zero?
Speaker 2: COMPANY i mean my interest is, there BUT i just don't Think i'm gonna be picking it up right. AWAY i, mean it's this sound. Funny my buddy was texting me. Earlier he's, like, well check Out Mario kini Versus The. Rabbits the first. One it's on sales like seventy five percent. Off AND i. Looked it's, like oh my, god it's on like fourteen.
Speaker 1: Bucks AND i picked it up for, like, yeah, dirt.
Speaker 2: Cheat's what he Could, okay, yeah BECAUSE i, think, Honestly i'm probably GONNA i might snap it up BECAUSE i got like seventy bucks worth of currency on My nintendo out right, now SO i was GONNA i was gonna do, That and THEN i was gonna buy the Go auxillary Uh save Or Destroyal monster's remaster when that comes out Of november On switch so, uh because that's only like a forty something dollars. Game but, anyways with, THIS i have to wait for it to go and. Sale there's just not enough. JUICE i feel like the in here THAT i can get latched. Onto if it had a multiplayer that replayability, factor then, Sure BUT i feel like just the the main, story the changing of the team, dynamics that's not enough for me to pay full price for this, game especially because My Star wars game of the year That i'm buying Is Galactic, racers so that'll take priority over this. One fair fair, ENOUGH.
Speaker 1: I, MEAN i, yeah is it a day one for? Me maybe, Not BUT I i love tactics games so, much especially when the new interesting stuff, uh AND i Mean Star WARS i think is a great fit for. IT i think Everything i've seen from this game in particular with like the team, camp just some of the.
Speaker 2: MECHANICS i think it.
Speaker 1: Looks like a really good. Game so IF i hear good things about this and then it's like if it's like on The tier With Midnight, SUNS i could see my scooping this one. Up, Taylor.
Speaker 2: Nice, NICE i hope you, do BECAUSE i want. TO i want to hear you review and talk about.
Speaker 1: It, absolutely so that will close Out august for. Us we move along To. September september is a big. Month september, Third i'm picking up this, Game. Orbitals do you remember that? One have you Seen?
Speaker 2: ORBITALS i don't recall this.
Speaker 1: One let me pull up a trailer so you can. See this is a co op, game a space kind of it's almost like a it takes two kind of game or split fiction that kind of that kind of. Energy but, yeah really really cute anime aesthetic for this. One and, Yeah i'm very much looking forward To. Orbitals let's get some gameplay going on. Here that looks. FUN a little leg, you but you kind of get the. Idea, yeah he's around, space kind of old nineties kind of cartoon AESTHETIC i feel, like and, yeah flying, around floating around looks.
Speaker 2: Fun, yeah, no it absolutely. Does it's just two.
Speaker 1: PLAYER i think it's, yeah just a two player. Game, yeah, okay well there's like some side scrolling. Sequences oh that's.
Speaker 2: Neat.
Speaker 1: YEAH i think me And jessica are playing and playing this one, Together so Maybe i'll get her on side. Quest we can share what our experience was like playing.
Speaker 2: It.
Speaker 1: Nice, actually she doesn't have to switch, too SO i don't know if she can play.
Speaker 2: It is this only switch To it's not switch, one it's only switch.
Speaker 1: To it's a switch to exclusive at least that, launch Which I'm i'm guessing it'll be. Timed i'm guessing it'll later come to other, stuff but at least for launch it's switch too.
Speaker 2: Only, yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: There's that. One next up is let's see Here Annie Musha weigh The. Sword you, know not a big one for us, necessarily but definitely a big deal that series coming Back. Halloween tell me About? Halloween you picking that one?
Speaker 2: Up you?
Speaker 1: Excited where's your hype level For?
Speaker 2: Halloween, yeah there's a pickup for me for. Sure i've Been i've been getting that itch Of friday thirteenth and just that that old game back in the day was. Fantastic as simple as it, was it was. Fantastic so WHEN i see this and just the shape moving in and out of buildings and just trying to listen and hunt down the not the counselors this, time but the young. Adults there's just a lot in here that is absolutely refined from What friday the thirteenth had, created And alphonic has come a long. WAYS i, MEAN i played The Living daylights of bred Or Hunting, grounds And i'm not a fan of the shooter aspect of. It playing as The marines that was kind of rip my hair out and like smack my head against my, desk but playing as The predator was absolutely a. Delight it was so much. FUN i never got around to Playing Killer, Clowns Mounter, space never played The ghostbusters one that they. Tackled but this is just like these group team games versus like one, character when it's the component is something that they're really emphasizing and running, with AND i do like the majority of what they've, Done so this is one that just feels like a homage To friday, thirteenth what they wanted to do with that game and what they had planned with couldn't because of licensing. Issues we're getting that but in A Michael myers, vibe and So I'M i am beyond ecstatic for this. Game it's going to be, awesome AND i hope that we, UH i, MEAN i Know travis is getting, it BUT i hope you get it New kirkland gets it and we can just dive into Some. Shenanigans for, me.
Speaker 1: It definitely depends on the. PRICE i don't know if they've announced, that but if it's like a thirty forty pocket myself.
Speaker 2: Picking it, up, dude let me let me confirm that for, you.
Speaker 1: Because, YEAH i had so much fun With Texas chainsaw AND i still want to play More Texas chainsaw to be, honest but this is kind of like a great.
Speaker 2: Two i'm so bummed that it pulled off of Games pass and they're not adding any more content to, it but they've added. More they added new villains and. Whatnot so but what they've added is just kind of it for. Now But i'd love to get back and play that with you. Guys so the game Is standard's fifty one ninety Nine canadian and the digital is seventy six, Nine so that is expensive BUT i guarantee this will go on sale after a couple of. Months so, okay, Well i'll keep my eyes. Peeled then we'll.
Speaker 1: See if it's, Good i'll pick it up at that. Price if it's just, fine Then i'll maybe wait for. Sale yeah, fair but, yeah excited to hear you, In travis break that one down when you play in. It that's Again september eighth for that.
Speaker 2: One.
Speaker 1: And THEN i wanted to just show this one a. Screen bound is another indie game That i've had my eyes on for a. While it's, cool cool. CONCEPT i don't remember this, One, taylor but essentially you are it's like a THREE d game where you are running around a platforming kind of, sequence but then in your hands you're holding like a game boy that is like a TWO d, platformer and so you're kind of doing TWO d. Sequences but then you jump into a THREE d environment of that same location from like the, game and then you kind have, to you, know jump around that environment maybe to get around certain obstacles that you can't in the TWO d, game and you're kind of jumping between the two things in a way that seems really really. Cool, really that's mine.
Speaker 2: Trippy oh my, Gosh.
Speaker 1: Yeah looks really. INTERESTING i like this game could be like better in concept than it is in, practice to be, Fair but even that's. Cool like you can see a ladder on your game, boy but like not in, person so you kind of have to use that to find things in the. Environment so it just looks super.
Speaker 2: Fun oh my, Gosh i'm so visually engaged and attracted to.
Speaker 1: That, well Then i'll cut you. Off and then On september, fifteenth we of course Have Marvel's, wolverine Which travis is gonna be picking. Up so excited to hear his thoughts on that. One we broke down the latest trailer last week on Side. Quest but, yeah looks looks. GREAT i think it'll be a heavy hitter for the year for. Sure, Yeah Marble's wolverine coming out pretty.
Speaker 2: Soon AND i can't remember If i'm correct on, this BUT i Think travis was like hyped for it for the most. PART i feel like there's some people that have been kind of like bummed on certain aspects about.
Speaker 1: It but, YEAH i mean he loves that character so, much so, OBVIOUSLY i think he'll have a great time with the. Story combat looks really really. Fun it's like there's good stealth stuff in there. Too it's, yeah not quite like open world like Their Spider man, games But i'm sure there'll be some non linearity and good like exploration sequences going. On so, YEAH i think it'll BE i think it'll be a great, game just Because insomniac is so consistent with their with their. Releases, yeah perfect the day after or actually the same, day Rather RuneScape Dragon, wilds which we talked about recently on the, show WHICH i guess it. Was it's been an early, access, right so this would be like maybe the one point zero launches is Happening september. Fifteenth you're Obviously RuneScape head BUT i don't think you're picking up this this version of the, game.
Speaker 2: Right not picking it, Up, NO i. DON'T i think my cousin's gonna snag it though he's he's heavily deep dived Into Dragon wilds After Old, school so, Well i'll touch base with him because he kind of sends me screenshots and just, like, oh this is, great this is. Great so, yeah but it's cool they're branching into. CONSOLES i think that's that's.
Speaker 1: Fantastic, yeah and then JUST a couple of days after that is Fire Embloom Fortune's, weave WHICH i believe, ACTUALLY i think they announced that there's A nintendo tore for that game specifically happening this, Week so IF i have, time i'll probably and if it's, Juicy i'll probably do a little solo episode or Maybe i'll Bring, WELL i guess you play fire them now, too if you want to join, me and you And kirkland we'll see what the direct is. Like, yeah a New fireman game coming out from The Three houses, Team So i'm looking forward to this. One there's a lot of things in the trailers that has called to me for, sure But i'm sure with the, direct i'll kind of either be hopefully sold HOPEFULLY i don't get like unsold by from, that But i'm sure it will just be some cool mechanics and new, characters see some weapon types and stuff like. That so, YEAH i would Say i'm looking forward To Fireland Fortunes, weave which is good BECAUSE i feel like some of the last last couple of Games i've maybe not been super hyped on launch, day BUT i feel like this One i'm actually quite excited for it again and, honestly the esthetic like after you, know we saw Like gladiat or whatever that was last, Year gladat or two hot off The. ODYSSEY i feel like the vibe Of Firearmlum. Fortunes we will be like a good fit with like The Roman colisseum. AESTHETIC i feel like it's gonna kind of hit right now based on for general hype right. Now so, yeah looking forward to that one and Then Lego. BATMAN i guess it's coming to switch to On september. Eighteenth that's pretty, good.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah i'm supposed to be getting THAT dlc as, well That JOKER dlc coming In reget The. News, Okay joker.
Speaker 1: Is a playable.
Speaker 2: CHARACTER i Think Harley quinn as, well AND i HAVE i bought The collector's edition of that On, xbox So i'll be getting THAT dlc. Included looking forward to playing more of.
Speaker 1: That hopefully that comes out like with this switch to, version that would be a nice little. Parent, yeah make that. HAPPEN i see her Doing awakening In september twenty, seconds SO i wonder if that's the one point oh for that. GAME i Maybe i'll have to check back in with Doing awakening and see if it's like finally finally done and, dusted good time in right before the new. Movie, yeah no, kidding there's a. Movie there's a game Called Cliff Cliff Cliff faw In Providence's, shadow which is just a tongue Twister i've ever seen on was?
Speaker 2: This i've not heard of, This, no me.
Speaker 1: Neither i'm trying to do some. Digging, oh it's AN Arc System works. Game, okay it looks like some. Anime oh my, god big boobs of, Course Classic art System. Works whoa, intense intense. Game.
Speaker 2: Jesus, yeah it's like opening up a map AND i don't even know. What, Yeah, tokyo we'll leave that one in the.
Speaker 1: Dust There control residant New control games coming Out september twenty fourth as, Well so that's a pretty huge New remedy. Game i'm really curious to see what that one, does because, obviously Like remedy's been on the, WELL i guess for the most, part up and up they've had a couple Like Smaller stinker kind of, games but between of Course control out of week, TWO i feel like they're kind of top of their game right, now and So i'm curious to see If residant feels like that next Big control game or if it's more like a smaller side piece to The control, series BECAUSE i, mean if it hits, big it could be like A game of The year. Contender.
Speaker 2: Possibly know for, SURE i never played the other, one But i've only heard good. Things holy.
Speaker 1: Smokes. Uh then coming up, next what looks interesting here and New Silent hill Town. FALL i think that one looks pretty. Cool, actually good release date on. THAT i kind of right Before, october SO i could see myself picking up. That, possibly.
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: ELSE i think we're cruising Into october here Now gears Of WAR e Day october, Sixth taylor talked me through actually the same day as well As Star Wars Star Wars Galactic, Razors so two extremely tailor coated things same. Day so tell, me tell me about those two and what your hypher level? Is are you picking both them? Up where are you?
Speaker 2: At, yeah this one's been a long. TIME i feel like coming because if there's a period of time where we weren't really hearing much on, it AND i think everyone. Was everyone at the same time was kind of, thinking, Oh gears Of war six, right that's where we're gonna be getting, it but then it was, like oh, NO E day. Dropped it's like, okay, okay and that cut scene that's that cinematic that they announced for the reveal was just it sold me so, hard so. Hard and it's funny that you get this prequel game To gears Of, war but then With Halo Campaign, evolved you just get prequel missions AND i feel, Like, okay their head is kind of in that that headspace for two of their main flagship console games For. Xbox so, Anyways i'm super stoked for. This this is gonna be a game because it's gonna be games pass That i'm absolutely going to be diving into and trying out because it's it's the it's the the, prequel you, know it's it's that that original story that they've created prior To gears, one but it has all that, updated feel good mechanics and of the Latest gears, game WHICH i think is just gonna be it's gonna be so smooth and so refined and back to the roots Of gears Of, war Which i'm super stoked for those. Games those games as. Well those cut scenes are something THAT i do play as. Well with The halo. Stuff it's just it's such an emotional roller coaster That gears Of war has got to, be aside from all the blood and the guts and, everything one of the most emotional video game franchises That i've ever played in my. Life it's so emotionally taxing what they dive. Into gears Of war two has once, seen But gears three, especially it's just like it's it just play the, game play the. Game it's so EMOTIONAL.
Speaker 1: O and then how About Star.
Speaker 2: Wars oh, yes, Yes i'm sold for. THIS i was worried we're gonna get pod racers in, here but there's pod racers in. Here you got all the almost all the dudes From Phantom, menace the pod Racing Bunta eve, Here, like this is gonna be an absolute. Delight customize your racers and. WHATNOT i am really. Stoked i've still been playing off and On Star wars episode One, racers Pod, racing whatever it's. Called they redid it on Games pass and they spread it up a little bit so it looks pretty damn nice on the full. Screen and so that's Been that's been a lot of fun to dive. Into and this is one THAT i cannot wait to.
Speaker 1: Play, YEAH I i'm excited to try it out on the twenty four hour. Stream i'm sure it will make an appearance. THERE i don't doubt it. Has does it have split? Screen is that a thing that we know? About i'm gonna guys, KNOW i.
Speaker 2: Want to say it to, us BUT i could be totally. WRONG i, mean it's modern games for racing Like foorza and whatnot don't have split screen, Obviously so maybe this is taking out a chapter in that. Book mm, hmmm.
Speaker 1: Hmmm uh, yeah we'll see about. THAT i GUESS i also kind of skipped a game Because october second we Have Ace combat Eight wing Of wings Of, thief WHICH i Know kirkland.
Speaker 2: Is. YEAH i stoked for.
Speaker 1: That, yeah somehow he's a huge Out wings of Or Ace combat fan. Nowadays so, well what happens with? That, okay and we can shuffle along then deeper Into. October, wow a bunch Of Kingdom hearts. Stuff some toy story games are coming out retro round. Up let's looking. Here oh, YEAH i guess we Got Nintendo Switch Sports resort now looks fun New nintendo essentially knew we sports game coming out On switch to looks pretty, fun a lot more sports than the First Nintendo switch sports game, Had so we'll see what happens with that.
Speaker 2: One Nice call Of.
Speaker 1: Duty Montern warfare.
Speaker 2: Four oh, yeah this is one That i've been contemplating, buying but it's hard for me to justify it because it's going to be so. EXPENSIVE i THINK i need to wait for a. Sale the thing that would tip me over the iceberg here to get it is that if you boys were going to come back into playing War, zone and THEN i would feel that that push to get into. IT i do love the Modern warfare titles, though so very, much AND i have been playing Be it not Excitedly Black ops. Seven it's been kind of okay with an, experience But i've been trying to get my toes wet and kind of get familiar and reacquainted with playing BECAUSE i do feel in the back of my bones that we're gonna have a War zone session again, here AND i want to be asist because they've been really Treating Rebirth island very. Well i've been following along with some of the things they've been doing and some of the, updates SO I I i hope AND i feel my bones that we're going to be getting back into. It so when that happens and we get, addicted Then i'm gonna pick up one work for four and start playing regular, multiplayer unlocking all the extras THAT i can incorporate that into War. Zone that's my.
Speaker 1: Plan, okay that's a pretty good. Plan it's a pretty good. Plan uh, YEAH i, Yeah i'm gonna be, Honest, TAYLOR i don't know If I'M i don't know if The warzone redownload's happened for. Me oh, No, HONESTLY i think if, it honestly just wasn't as much foreigner base on the freaking hard, DRIVE i would keep it on. There but it's so ridiculous that it takes the whole thing THAT i just. CAN'T i can't keep it. There although, honestly these days ALL i need on that, cartridge that's ALL i.
Speaker 2: Need yeah, yeah now that's.
Speaker 1: Justified that will take a Into. November which is this that what you're talking? About godzilla just for, monsters that's the.
Speaker 2: One, yeah, yeah so you're picking that picking that. Up. Yeah so they've changed a couple of. Things they've obviously revised the. GRAPHICS i think they've changed so there's certain and forgive me Because i'm very bad at the certain, designs but there's certain there's certain individuals that are responsible for the certain designs of Specific godzilla and specific villains and Certain kaiju that you, see and so that's why certain kaiju have different looks between the movies and different games and. Whatnot SO i know that they're changing the. LOOK i Think Mecca godzilla two Or, kiru they're changing around his look to one versus the, other or one as opposed to the, other and then they're, adding, uh you're doing a few other changes as. Well BUT i think It's godzilla's move. Set, okay, cool, yeah Very it's simple, stuff but it's it's just gonna Be it's. AWESOME i can't wait to get into. That the roster of characters obviously is smaller and equal to what that game was back in the, day AND i hope that eventually in the future they ADD dlc and they just throw in a whole bunch of other characters like your Boy Jet. JAGUAR i hope they throw him in there eventually and. Whatnot so that would just be. Sick BUT i can't wait for.
Speaker 1: It M. M, yeah that's right before the, stream, Right so that'll be, fun is, IT i guess?
Speaker 2: So, yeah or like per third because we moved. It, yeah we moved it away From HALLOWEEN i. Think so it's like the second weekend Of. November, now isn't that what we do because we did it last.
Speaker 1: Year, yeah, well we'll check the, calendar BUT i think that'll be. Out we could probably play it on the. Stream that'll be.
Speaker 2: Fun hell. Yeah oh that's fantasmic gnic game for, sure a golic. Game oh. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh and then of course The Big one and probably one of the reasons why there's not many release dates here because everything's trying to get get away from Gren, Theft auto, SIX, gta The Big. One is this a day one for? You it must be, right it.
Speaker 2: Is, yeah this is the one that's not gonna get. Away it's not gonna get.
Speaker 1: Away. Yeah i'm very excited for the this AND i don't, KNOW i feel LIKE i haven't even seen that much, gameplay BUT i just don't need. TO i just know it's just gonna be one of those games That i'll just play, endlessly whether that's the multiplayer THAT i think is coming out, later or just you, know playing through the, campaign, exploring messing, around you, know just having fun with the janky but GREAT gta. Mechanics probably the best looking game All i've ever played in my, life just in terms of visual. Fidelity, yeah very very excited FOR gta. Six it's hard to say much more than. That it's just like it, is it is what it. Is IT'S, gta you, know, yeah IT'S. Ga it's been so long since we've had a new experience of, that so uh, yeah very much looking forward to, that AND i don't, KNOW i think it'll be a big. One hot, TAKE i.
Speaker 2: Know hot.
Speaker 1: Take, Yeah and then, honestly there's not much else in In. December we have is Anybody chronicles three sitting, there that's that's potentially a big. Deal so we'll just go through some of THE tva, games which so these are the games that are supposed to be coming out this, year but we don't have release dates, yet and we can just call out ones that's seen. RELEVANT i, mean there's a couple of alien. Things we Got Fire Team elite Two Team lead.
Speaker 2: Too that was a. Surprise that first one is. Badass not enough of a following our community to be actively playing. IT i feel LIKE i think it's like a cult but elite. Too that was a, surprise But I'm i'm. Stoked.
Speaker 1: Nice hopefully that one is pretty. Good let's see what ELSE O corona's. Script that game looked pretty. COOL i remember that. One uh hm. Hmm there's a game called Dog Man bark In. Action, oh there you, Go Dino. LORDS i don't know if you know about that, one probably dinosaur related.
Speaker 2: One we Got Final Fantasy fantasy and six on PlayStation, five is that? Right?
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah look at.
Speaker 2: That so that's pretty.
Speaker 1: Big that's supposed to coming out this. YEAR i. Guess, yeah that came out in Like, APRIL i think On xbox on.
Speaker 2: Course, yeah that's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: About it hitting the on.
Speaker 2: Switch, yeah.
Speaker 1: Absoluttion oh this is pretty, COOL i. GET i don't know if this is actually legitimately coming out this, year But Kenna Bridges spirits again a sequel kind Of Scars Have cousma so PlayStation five game AND. PC i, GUESS i wonder if that's still coming out this. Year maybe we'll get another state of playing Like september that, after Like wolvergine or something that details some more PlayStation release. Dates but that could be a big hitter if that ends up coming out this. YEAR i think that person one was quite. BELOVED i Know KIRKLAND i really enjoyed it as. Well and what else of note here scrolling through the, LIST i, mean if this comes out this, year is one of my most anticipated. Games Pony island two Pandas circus still have played the first, one but this is for the news game from The inscription, developer and that is one of my favorite. GAMES i absolutely Love. Inscriptions still been playing it recently with the roguelike mode in. There just a weird game made In vancouver as, well freaky dekey, aesthetic good. Stuff and, yeah LIKE i, SAID i haven't play the first one, yet BUT i plan to play through it and maybe talking about side quest kind of leading up to this. ONE i don't know if this is coming out this year, STILL i mean it's on this list, here so it's probably still slated to come out this. Year but, yeah very. Much that's actually that might be a top five most anticipated for. Me, Honestly i'm very much looking forward to that.
Speaker 2: One it's very different from WHAT i was thinking at first To Pony. ISLANDS i don't know WHY i was.
Speaker 1: Getting, like you, think my Little pony or, something but it's not.
Speaker 2: Well that AND i was getting Like Viva pinata vibes in my.
Speaker 1: Mind it is not a, bright, colorful cheery, game dark and freaky and cryptic and culty and. Weird. Yeah, YEAH i don't even know why it's called that yet BECAUSE i haven't played the first, one SO i don't know what exactly The Pony island part of it. Is we have a bunch of other, games let's see what is a noteworthy in Her new Jack. Box of course it was, new one of those other familiar New.
Speaker 2: ZELDA i feel LIKE i saw people talking, about, okay up time Coming october AND i think it was, holiday, right, Yeah AND i think people were talking about because certain websites and retailers are drop in the pre order dates and, whatnot so people were Speculating october was.
Speaker 1: It but we'll, See, YEAH i is that a game you'd pick?
Speaker 2: Up we didn't see. Gameplay we just saw the, cinematic, right that's, right.
Speaker 1: Just Homie lane in the.
Speaker 2: Bed, Yeah i'd love to just see a little bit of. GAMEPLAY i never got the one On nintendo THREE. DS i WISH i, did BUT i never got around to. IT i think THAT i could probably get. THIS i still boot up mine On GameCube to be honest and play at My GameCube. Version BUT i think it would come down to what DO i want to play with the team don't want to play The GameCube. VERSION i want to play, this AND i feel LIKE i feel like i'd have to play The GameCube one WITH i, mean if you and sixty four, graphics that's, fair that's.
Speaker 1: FAIR i mean if you don't have the THREE ds, version then like it's, yeah it's been a while since you've played a new version of, this so this might be a better upgrade for. You LIKE i still have the THREE ds WHEN i could boot, up which is a pretty good. Version so this is definitely not a day one for me OR I i, said way to see the price, point BUT i imagine it's gonna take a full price, game and, YEAH i don't Think i'll be doing that For okeram Of, time which is a game THAT i, enjoy but it's not like an all time favorite for me like it is for so many.
Speaker 2: OTHERS i feel, like, again this is for the nostalgic appeal for Og zelda, fans but it's also for the next generation that has been growing up With breath And, tears The kingdom games and. Whatnot but do you Have Majors mask on three? DS i feel like you do that.
Speaker 1: ONE i, don't, actually, ohtally it's on my, list and When i'm at the game, STORES i, usually you, know keep an eye out for, it BUT i haven't seen. IT i haven't found it for the right price. Yet all, right fair, Enough but that ONE i think would because, yeah like the, honestly the quality of life of just having the second screen for the inventory and map and stuff is actually huge For zelda in, particular especially THE n sixty four ones where it's like kind of a drag to go through those. Menus so it's like a really great version because of that in. Particular and So i'm A Jors, Mask i'm sure would you be much of the same because that's even a more confusing game Than. Okarina so, yeah a quick show out here for to them. TWO i really like the first. One it's got a cute photography indie. Game i'd probably pick up that. SEQUEL i really, enjoyed really enjoyed that first. One and then we have just a whole bunch Of warhammer. Games we Have Witchbrook i'm very much looking forward. To that's like a top down kind of pixel, Artesthetic Harry potter kind of. Game obviously it's not in The Wizarding, world but it's that same kind of. Idea it's got co, op SO i definitely THINK i could see myself playing. THAT i Think jessica's into that, one so we're probably gonna play that co op with some other. Friends so very much looking forward To. Witchbrook hope that comes out this. YEAR i feel LIKE i skipped past one THAT i care, about but NOW i can't find. It that might be that might be it for the things that we. Have oh, yeah there's No ghost at The. Grand that GAME i thunk think looked really cool at The Xbox. Showcase when have been last year's showcase or was it this? YEAR i can't, remember BUT i think that game looked really really, Cool SO i don't. KNOW i definitely have an eye out for that one as. Well Nice anything that we didn't mention here is anything on My lissa my personal list THAT i don't have written.
Speaker 2: Here, no BECAUSE i THINK i keep telling myself that the games That i'm eyeballing, Yeah, Stars, Racers Call, Duty, Oh, godzilla And. Halloween those are the four heavy hitters and anything upcoming that's unannounced. Yet, yeah it. WAS i can't think of. ANYTHING i think you hit it.
Speaker 1: All, Yeah i'm checking my list and, like there's definitely some other THINGS i have on here that.
Speaker 2: Would be.
Speaker 1: That i'm like excited, about but like don't have release. DATES i don't. See so one of the Games i'm looking forward to Is Long dark two Or Black Frost Long dark. Two it's not on this, list so maybe that means it doesn't have a release. Date let me see if On, steam if they have that, list maybe they got kicked to next. Year it, Did, okay that did get kicked to next. YEAR i guess it's an early access right. Now But i'll have to move that to my twenty twenty seven. List but that one that was WHEN i was very much looking forward. To, Okay i'll kick that one down the. List, well there you go to that is all the game Of. Highlight my last question for you, is since we're like most of the way through the, year we still have a few more games coming, out like just very quick For Game, awards what do we think are gonna be like the five to six games that make it in The game of The year contender list for this. Year so let's let's let's do this exercise. TOGETHER i, MEAN i feel LIKE gta is just it's it's it's a.
Speaker 2: Game it's a. Given, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely the other pretty obvious one for. ME i feel Like Resident Evil requiem is going to be in the. List there reviewed very, well very. Beloved it's also probably gonna get it already got ONE dlc. THING i think it might maybe it'll get another one this year, possibly so it might even have a bit. More it might be fresh on the the jury's mind and. Stuff BUT i think that game will be in the.
Speaker 2: Mix, yeah that's a good one. Too those two for. Sure i'm trying to think what other ones have already. Released they are. HUGE i, MEAN i it gave the.
Speaker 1: Game we're reviewed very. WELL i don't know if it would be A game of The year. Contender what do you think About Pokemon. PACOPEIA i feel like that. GAME i feel like people love that game and it reviewed very, well SO i wonder if it has the sauce to be A game of The year.
Speaker 2: Content it's absolutely gonna win. AWARDS i don't know About game of The. Year that'd be huge For pokemon just it would Be it's not a Mainline pokemon, GAME i understand, that but to have The pokemon title slap down as A game of The year would be. Huge so that would BE i don't think that's without with that's outside the realm of. POSSIBILITY i think you picked a good one, there if that is.
Speaker 1: Possible so, uh also released already Four zo always a beloved.
Speaker 2: Game, YEAH i, mean if it's not Winning game of The, year it's it could should be A game of The year. Contender but it's definitely one that's going to be buzzin for. SURE i remember before that was coming, out my coworkers were all just just hyped on, this talking about all the cars and everything in, there And i'm not familiar with that kind of, stuff but it's got a lot of.
Speaker 1: Buzz and then another one that's released already Is. Saros uh what is the metacritic On? Saros BUT i feel like that game is quite beloved and it was a big. Deal it's eighty seven right now On. Metacritics pretty. High, OKAY i don't, Know maybe that one maybe that one.
Speaker 2: Interesting what About Double Seven's First. LIGHT i was just looking at that, actually AND i do feel like that's got some. Potential and maybe again it's just a biased thing BECAUSE i feel like the discords always popping off and talking About First, light like the Super bad mic in the, discord he's the you're you're the guy that's talking about.
Speaker 1: IT i feel, like, yeah there's a few people that have been playing, it which is which is. Cool, yeah, Yeah uh do you think that has like a shot for game to year contender.
Speaker 2: If someone you, know someone else can't make it and then they get to you, know shoehorn, in you, know.
Speaker 1: And gets a last Minute, yeah that's. Right so then for the game's. Unreleased. Uh wolverine kind of dicey With. Insomniac sometimes they're in the, mix they NEVER i don't think they'll ever quite win it with the kind of games they're, making BUT i think they're always. THERE i feel Like Spider man one was definitely in the. LIST i cannot remember If Spider man two. IS i feel like it.
Speaker 2: Was, yeah that's. Tricky, YEAH i don't, know because just from What i've heard about certain things About, WOLVERINE i don't know if that hype is. There but AGAIN i could be, wrong AND i Hope i'm, wrong BECAUSE i hope they'd be more super superho.
Speaker 1: Games If control is as big of a deal as the last game and the Last Alan, wake it's got to be in the. List BUT i would think so should we should we stick it in?
Speaker 2: THERE i would stick it in there Because i've only heard people just raving about, it so and then, THIS.
Speaker 1: I don't, think, wait let me check the release date of, this BECAUSE i wrote this. Down this is an indie game WHICH i think is to be. Announced maybe it's not coming out this. Year i'm going to assume it's, not so as Thinking order of The Sinking star is maybe. ONE i THINK i have it on my draft, list SO i hope it comes out this. YEAR i think that's an indie game that could be one that would climb climb up to that. List because usually there's one indie that sneaks its way in. There i'm gonna say that there's at least one to two that we don't even know maybe one game that we don't even know about, YET i would say, so or maybe like an indie game that's, announced but like it doesn't have the juice right, now but when it comes out it ALL i feel like that's the.
Speaker 2: CASE i, Mean i'm very ill informed on the indie, games SO i But i'm not surprised if that's gonna be the case with one that sneaks its way in there that we don't know.
Speaker 1: About, So, taylor right now we have four as A, Gta, Residon Evil. Control what what are the last one or two that we think we'll squeak in?
Speaker 2: There. HMMM i Mean i'd love to say Az, alda but it's not gonna be okreat of time and.
Speaker 1: That would be too late probably for The game of The year In, december right at the. END i, MEAN gta is like past the usual. Cutoff So i'm guessing they're gonna bump that that baby back so THAT gta can be a, contender because they would be, like why is you not in The game of The year for the cold? Off people will be, like, No, jeff wake, up wake.
Speaker 2: Up from this?
Speaker 1: Hell, yeah.
Speaker 2: What else could there be in? THERE i Don't call Of duty never has a shot in other. Areas, YEAH i would Stick wolverine in, there you, would, Eh? OKAY i, mean it's the it's definitely number five or. Six but out of what we know, about LIKE i Think wolverine could sneak in. There so the the big PlayStation prestige game from this, year m, h you, know. Perfect and let's say you one more what would? Be would it Be sarah's, seven would it be Po? Copia would be a game yet to release that we don't know. ABOUT i, mean between the, THREE i, MEAN i don't know anything About, sarah SO i can't comment on. That but if it was Between Golden light And, Pocopia i'm pretty Sure pocopia for. Sure it's just comes down To i've heard good things about the two of, them But pocopia is the. One is It pocotopia Or? Pocopia my Saying, Pocopia, okay that's the.
Speaker 1: One K o P I A o P O I.
Speaker 2: A that's the one that always just seems to take the mantle and just, be, yeah. DOMINATING i think that'd be cool to.
Speaker 1: See, yeah that sneak in. THERE i wonder what that would mean for like future Of pokemon.
Speaker 2: Games, well that's that's exactly. It i'm being biased BECAUSE i wanted to get in, there BECAUSE i Want pokemon to have that title Just game of The Year, pokemon and then it can say whatever Underneath poco Po pokey app.
Speaker 1: Whatever maybe they'll make the sequel a less confusing name because a lot of people struggle with that.
Speaker 2: Name cool.
Speaker 1: There so there's our early. PREDICTIONS i guess for is A gta Resident Evil Control wolverine procopia for the for the six contenders For game of The. YEAR i think that list is, wrong BUT i think it's the best we can do right now with the information we have, Today SO i think that's. FAIR i think it's.
Speaker 2: Fair.
Speaker 1: TAVI i that's. All thank you so much for joining.
Speaker 2: Me this is a fun.
Speaker 1: Discussion AS i announced last week on Side, quests we're taking a slight break with Side quest and in the sense that we're not we're gonna cut back from weekly to every two weeks is the. Plan but, again AS i, mentioned with that fire, Emblem direct probably gonna do an episode for, that so you're probably gonna get an episode next week from me covering that, anyway so we'll probably not be anywhere at. All but either, way thank you so much for. Listening we'll see you in the next. One bye.
Speaker 2: Bye