Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: It's a Letter with mo Kelly live on YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and the iHeartRadio app. And I continue to be of the opinion that the movies coming out this particular summer season are doing wonders for movie theaters. They are staying in theaters longer. Part of the reason is because they are performing better. You have a movie like F one, which is not necessarily overperforming but doing very well. It added seventy one theaters this past week. They're talking about a sequel to F one. The way they set it up, and we've talked about I don't want to give any spoilers, but the way they set it up they put let me just say, like this, they passed the baton in the movie, and they basically showed you that there was more story they could tell if they want to in F two, it's better than an FU F one coming in at number one this week. Speaking of one, is Jurassic World Rebirth. If you didn't hear my conversation with both Mark and Mark as in Mark Thompson and Mark Runner, Jurassic World Rebirth did three hundred and twenty two million dollars across the fullness of the fourth of July weekend.
Speaker 3: That is amazing.
Speaker 2: One hundred and forty seven million domestically and one hundred and seventy five million or so internationally, which is pretty well balanced. But you can see how the international community. Was it you who made the point mark about the universality of dinosaurs?
Speaker 4: No, I think it was Thompson, But you know it is the universal language people getting eaten by dinosaurs.
Speaker 2: It's what they call high concept, real, simple to understand.
Speaker 3: Everyone gets it.
Speaker 2: Dangerous dinosaurs, people over confident humans go in.
Speaker 3: Only a few walk out alive. Now do you plan on seeing this?
Speaker 4: Because I saw the first batch of them in one of the Chris Pratt movies and I thought, okay, time to cut your losses.
Speaker 3: It's the same thing over and over. I'm a hypocrite.
Speaker 2: I will say that the same thing happens over and over, but I still will watch it. My level of expectations will vary greatly. I don't have any expectations for it, but I watch Jurassic Park movies like to Wallow say, he's gonna watch all the Marvel movies, even the ones that are Sony produced. You don't have high expectations for him, but you'll still see them.
Speaker 3: I'll still see it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is a when it comes to streaming, I'll need to rush out and see this on Imax and pay theater money. And now when it comes to streaming cool. I will say this though, and this is very good for Scarlet Johansen because this is a big movie where she is the lead, and I am happy that she is getting some shy.
Speaker 2: And it's not Marvel, you know, it's a huge movie. And there was a question, and well, I guess there maybe is still a question whether she can be the star by herself. It's still somewhat ensemble cast. I mean, you have, like Maharscha Ali's an Academy Award winner, so there are other folks that surrounding her.
Speaker 3: But I'm happy for her. I'm proud of her.
Speaker 4: Well, I had read earlier in the day that she is now the most profitable female actress in history because of all the big hits she's been in.
Speaker 2: Yep, that makes sense if you think about it, you know, just her Marvel resume, all those movies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that makes sense. So I think she can open a movie.
Speaker 2: Well, the question has always been not opening a movie, but whether she can carry a movie. When she did, the movie like Lucy didn't do well. Are you sure about that?
Speaker 4: I'm positive and I know her Black Widow movie didn't exactly set the world on fire.
Speaker 5: But Black Widow there's a caveat Remember that came out during COVID.
Speaker 3: No, it's only got a week in theaters.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so that was very unfair because Black Widow is still one of the best Marvel produced movies. I mean just it's solid through and through. Had that come out theaters, I think it definitely would have performed.
Speaker 4: Oh, I didn't know you thought that. I thought it was just kind of okay. No, No, I like that, all right.
Speaker 2: I thought it was better than okay, but not great. I thought it was better than Thunderbolts.
Speaker 3: Oh. Hard disagree on that. Why you're saying Thunderbolts was better than Black Widow? Hard disagree. You're losing your touch. Okay, whoa man?
Speaker 4: Wow, I like it when we get to the point of disagreement where one of us has to be insane.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're there.
Speaker 2: We are there, standing outside the door, just walking through. Okay, Jurassic World Rebirth number one this week. F one the movie number two. We mentioned. It's now at two hundred and ninety four million, So as good as F one has done so far, it's still thirty nine million or so behind Jurassic World Rebirth after only one week. So that i'd tell you just how well Jurassic World Rebirth is performing. How to Train Your Dragon is still doing well in this fourth week. Came in third with another eleven million. Domestically, it's over a half a billion. Now, I don't think people will real realistically expecting that to do a half a billion.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Elio is number four this week with five point seven million for overall tepid amount of ninety seven million. There are a lot of movies would love to break one hundred million, but not a Pixar movie that's seen as a major disappointment. Yeah, yeah, Mark, have you gotten a chance to see Megan two point oho yet? No?
Speaker 4: But let me no, I haven't, But a lot of my fellow horror nerds have recommended it solely by virtue of just how batcrap crazy it is reportedly to get it reported to get hey, I can't speak English tonight. It's reported to get at the end, if that makes sense to you after three stabs at that sentence.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But going back to the whole idea of horror movies, Megan two point oh. It's budget was between fifteen and twenty five million, and even though it has been a disappointment air quotes given the box office, it's still cross thirty one million, and it will stay in theaters long enough still to turn a profit, which goes back to the point even a bad or a badly received horror movie is likely going to make.
Speaker 4: Money, So we're gonna get a three point oh oh absolutely, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: See kind of like to Tula's point about Jurassic Park, I caught that one on streaming, and that's definitely where I'm waiting for that one to come out, because it's not like you got to see all the you know, the special effects and everything, and it was fun.
Speaker 2: It was okay first one. But they're like eight movies, no Megan, oh, I thought talking about dressing. No, No, I'm sorry. Yeah, the first one that Megan was was it was fun. It was a good movie. So it's like, yeah, just wait till it comes on streaming.
Speaker 4: Those both seem like the kind of movies where you look at the trailer and you think there can't possibly be anything else. But I'm hearing some pretty enthusiastic stuff about two.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll find out. Leilo and Stitch came in seventh this week with three point eight million. It is nine hundred and seventy four million, has an outside shot at a billion.
Speaker 3: Maybe the.
Speaker 2: Disney will chip in the last twenty six million and buy the tickets, which is not unheard of from being serious. Yeah, yeah, Mission Impossible, Final Reckoning in eighth spot. It is now five hundred and seventy six million worldwide and Materialists and it's it's fourth week. That's a twenty four. They're very good at small budget movies. Has gross forty five million, and I know its budget was not forty five million, So it's turning a profit. And that's about it. Ballerina it's in its fifth week. It fell out of the top ten, and I wonder with one hundred and eight million, is that a success. I don't know what the budget is, let's look it up real quick. Not for the job, WI Yeah, I don't think so.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And I don't know if I'm in the minority here, but I don't remember seeing a lot of marketing for that, Like I just knew it because of you guys talking about it so much because you're John Wick fans. The budget's eighty to ninety million, so that doesn't say to me that the John Wick universe is solid.
Speaker 2: People like John Wick. And you know, Keanu Reeves was in the movie. I haven't seen it, but he was also in a movie, and that was not enough for it to turn it into anything.
Speaker 5: Well, because when you see Keanu in the trailer, it almost looks as if it's a glorified cameo. It doesn't look as if he's co starring or has a major role. It looks like she's done all this thing, she being the ballerina, has done all this stuff. And then, at some point or another, for some reason we don't understand, Keanu Reeves shows up and we're all like, but isn't he dead? So it's weird it did that him, and the trailer didn't play well. Well, it's more than a cameo, but less than a co starring role. But it is between three and four, isn't it timeline?
Speaker 4: Yes, so he's not dead yet, he hasn't been resurrected at the time of Ballerina, I could do without a sequel to it. I didn't think Anna diarmis really oozed charisma as an uns stoppable killing machine.
Speaker 2: I've never bought her and her action scenes, even in the James Bond, I just didn't buy it. And it's not her as an actress. I think it's her slight build and sometimes things can be a little too choreographed.
Speaker 4: M Now, this is choreographed at the Ying Yang, and she does find in the in the choreographed action and they throw her through a lot of balsa wood walls and furniture, but it just I don't know. And it's beautifully photographed, the sets are cool, but she just doesn't have the riz to be like a female James Bond or female John Wick.
Speaker 2: We were talking about this on the chat where there are some actors and actresses that you can tell they're really pushing to become stars, and I'm not sure whether they are stars.
Speaker 5: And like that guy that's going to be in the Total Recall, Glenn Powell, Yes, they keep trying with this.
Speaker 2: Guy, don't I don't know. Glenn Powell. To me, I like him, but not as the star. I like him in the cast.
Speaker 5: Yes, he's a fine actor, is part of the team, but they keep Look, they did the Tornado remake with him, Twisters, they're they did the Top Gun redo with him. Now they're doing the Total Recall and and none of these Well okay, you know I'm a diehard fan of Maverick. But but but but still not him.
Speaker 3: Well maybe maybe the ladies like him. No, that's part of it. That's part of it. There there, they're the ladies like this. Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 2: I think people they're looking for they're looking for the next at least in a look sense, the next Supercarne.
Speaker 3: Look this guy, because you're the only like, are you looking for this guy?
Speaker 7: On?
Speaker 3: Checking for him?
Speaker 5: He's handsome, but it's not something I would not run to the movies to go see him.
Speaker 2: But see, this thing is it's not necessarily about the sex appeal, because it wasn't Arnold and sex appeal, talk about original total recall. It wasn't even Tom Cruise an original sex appeal. I don't think. I think Glenn Powell is passable enough, and they're trying to turn him into this world wide star. I don't have anything against him. I think I've seen everything that he's been in, but I don't know if he moves the needle.
Speaker 3: Yeah for a movie like Twistlers.
Speaker 2: And also everything he's done, for the most part has been a remake, reboot, or sequel. Yeah, yeah, I don't know if he can can start a franchise.
Speaker 3: Yes, he do anything on his own. Yeah, no, he cannot. Well, he's gonna have a chance.
Speaker 2: Well that's beside the point, because no one should be remaking Total Recall a second time inside of twenty years, thirty years from the original.
Speaker 3: But still, I'm sorry. Not in October, he's doing Running.
Speaker 5: And the problem is is I don't know why they're calling it running. And when you watch the trailer, we're like, what does this have to do with the original movie?
Speaker 2: The original was more like an on set game show with elements outside the set. You know, if they could bring back Richard Dawson, that would be cool. This one, he's just running around the city and it's and I saw the the trailer looks like the perse Yeah, you know, some other version of purs because everyone's trying to kill them in broad daylight. It's like, that doesn't make sense. And the trailer was too damn long. They showed too much of the movie. I kind of know how the whole movie goes. Now, Yeah, some of these trailers are like almost four minutes long.
Speaker 3: And then that was the first trailer.
Speaker 2: No, you expect to get a second and third before the movie comes out. That's not usually a good sign. KFI AM six forty Live everywhere in the iHeartRadio app. When we come back. Speaking of remix, reboots, sequels, did you know that they're doing a sequelized television series to One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest Hal's No.
Speaker 4: I emailed myself that item just to bring it up with Hels.
Speaker 3: No, that's next.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 3: Kf I AM six forty is Later with Moe Kelly.
Speaker 2: We're live everywhere in the iHeartRadio app and social media. I remember when my father introduced me to the movie One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest, and of course I could not understand all of it when it came out in nineteen seventy five, but my father was known to introduce me to stuff I shouldn't be watching at that age. I appreciated it a lot more as I got older, and the complexity of the different mental states of the people in that insane asylum. And it's one of the greatest movies of all time. Obviously, great performance by Jack Nicholson. If you think about the other people who were in the movie who were stars today or were stars before they passed, Gapman Brothers, Danny DeVito, there's so many people. Louise Fletcher, who played Nurse Ratchet, is just a great, great, great movie. It's set in nineteen sixty three. The movie was released in November of nineteen seventy five. It will be fifty years old this year. And this is part of the reason why probably someone's trying to do one flew over the Cuckoo's Nest spinoff series. The original source material, in which the movie is loosely based, is told from the perspective of Chief Bromden, one of the characters in the movie. The movie doesn't tell the story from Chief Bromdam's perspective. This subsequent series is supposed to be in alignment with the original source material and tell the story, which is a look ahead of years from Chief Bromdham's vantage point. The only problem is, I should say, one of the many problems is I don't want this. I want no parts of it. And it would tell the story what happens to Chief Bromdom and maybe some of the others after they get out of the Insane asylum, after they escaped. That is not interesting to me, because well, let me put it this way. The way if you want to advance a story, especially when we were talking about a legendary piece like One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, I would more listen to you if you had some of the original cast, If you got Danny DeVito, Jack Nicholson, maybe a couple.
Speaker 3: Other people, I'll hear you out. But you don't.
Speaker 2: It's almost like if you took Cobra Kai, which picked up the Karate Kids story some forty years later, but without the original actors. It doesn't have the same type of appeal. I mean, because if you're gonna sit me down for something that's One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, I need to feel like this.
Speaker 7: You're voluntary scan one billy. For Christ's sakes, you must be committed, right, No, No, you're just a young kid. What are you doing here. You gotta be out in the convertible bird, dog and chicks and beaver. What are you doing here? For Christ's say? It's funny about that, Jesus. I mean, you guys do nothing but complain about how you can't stand it in this place here, and then you haven't got the.
Speaker 3: Guts just to walk out.
Speaker 7: What do you think you are, for Christy crazy or something? Well, you're not, You're not. You're no crazier in the average all out walking around on the streets, and that's it.
Speaker 2: I would like to see a story where the remaining living character is maybe met up for lunch at Starbucks or something that would interest me. David Caruso was in it, and I remember, if you just get some of them to Christopher Lloyd.
Speaker 3: I'm just looking at the IMDb.
Speaker 2: There are people who are still alive, and I would much rather see that story and reunion show if you will. Then some spin off which is really not connected to anything still alive?
Speaker 3: Isn't he And that's true? Yep.
Speaker 4: I can't remember if he lives or dies in the movie. But the novel by Ken Casey is terrific, and it's told from the point of view of the Big Chief, and I mean, we're spoiling a what fifty year old movie?
Speaker 3: I have said that.
Speaker 4: I think the person who pitched this idea for a series should have a pillow put over his face.
Speaker 2: It's cheap, it's uncreative, and Twela, you said it best. It's just you know, Hollywood is devoid of any new ideas.
Speaker 3: They've officially run out. They're creatively bankrupt, they're done.
Speaker 4: But it was one of the great moments in film history when McMurphy offers the Chief a stick of gum and the Chief says, juicy fru.
Speaker 2: You can't create those, recreate those types of moments because you're telling the story which doesn't include any of those characters, and they're out of the Assayan Asylum. So what story really is there to tell other than what Chief has been up to for the past fifty years.
Speaker 4: Well, the thing is, who was asking for this? I know nobody. I've never once heard of a single person and in the area of literature or film or television say you know, I wish there was more of that.
Speaker 2: According to this the one of the producers of This Cuckoo's Nest sequel series is a nephew of one of the original producers.
Speaker 3: Well that.
Speaker 5: You know, uncle, I'm breaking into Hollywood. You know, can't do you still have the rights to that thing?
Speaker 3: You did? I know it was really cool.
Speaker 5: I know you you would You and my dad used to talk about it all the time.
Speaker 4: I thought Kirk Douglas was one of the original producers there. Michael Douglas. Yeah, multiple producers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's why I said, it's some some line producer whose nephew is trying to break into Hollywood has secured or weaseled the rights to do this and went to some some network and said, hey, I just got the rights.
Speaker 3: I got an idea.
Speaker 2: Carnecian brought up a good point. She was saying, like, why would you want to remake or touch this? You know, this pristine piece. And I try to say, we don't advocate remaking classics or cult classics, or trying to borrow from the legacy as this is in this instance of a classic, because the people who would care about One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nests are for the most part forty and older. You know, that's ten years after the movie was released. So you're not speaking to our generation with this show. You're hoping that the younger generation watches this show because they would watch in greater numbers. But the only people who would have any reference point are the older folks, and so you're just trading on the name, not actually giving us something which would be a continuation or a realistic reason to watch.
Speaker 4: I haven't seen the movie in quite some time, but I imagine it holds up pretty well because I do keep running across clips as well as clips of Nicholson's Oscar acceptance, which I think he did from the movie set. People love this movie, and it's just it's such a bad idea to do it, Like, what are they gonna follow chief after he busts out of the asylum and he's on the run.
Speaker 2: Right, And I don't know what time period is. I don't know if it's in the days after or the years after, or there's a great time leap. But presumably they don't all meet up. They all go in their separate.
Speaker 4: Ways, and they put some dinosaurs in it, and it might be better received, and the whole net thing makes sense.
Speaker 3: But they also made that Ratchet show and that I remember, I didn't here any good.
Speaker 2: I forgot I forgot about that. Yeah, oh yeah, good call. Yeah, yeah, that's a good catch.
Speaker 6: I remember that because I was like, my ex was super excited and she's like, this sucks.
Speaker 3: Because you can't recapture that magic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's impossible because once it's an ensemble piece, you have some legendary talent together and you have none of that or the circumstances which brought them together.
Speaker 4: To the story and just one final point to make before I know, we have to go to a break. This story came out of the period where people were asserting their individuality. I mean the story was written in the early sixties and came out in the mid seventies. This is after the Patrick mcgowinn Prisoners Show and the hippie movement and everything. It was very much a thing of its time about a guy who refused to have his will broken by the system. Nobody cares about that now. We would eagerly have our wills broken now for a house or some cash.
Speaker 2: And also our view and idea of mental health and treatment is completely different.
Speaker 3: Ah, oh yeah. You can't go around calling people crazy, No, you can't.
Speaker 2: No, just saying is it supposed to take place back in nineteen seventy six, is it a period piece or are you trying to adapt it for today's world and today's audiences. I just think it's a bad idea all the way around.
Speaker 4: We got a code brown on our hands here KFI AIM six forties later with mo Kelly, we got to talk talk about the bees in France when we come back.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Mo Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 3: Later with Mo Kelly.
Speaker 2: I can confidently tell you that if we ever talk about bees on this show, it's because Twaala Sharp puts the story in the stack. I have, to my knowledge, never put a b story on this show, and I have to reset it to let people know. I have an unhealthy fear of bees. It is a phobia. It is irrational, it is illogical, but it's real. And if you should happen to be around me when there's a bee, the only thing that matters is I get away, even that, even if that should mean that you may die in the process. Bees have attacked a French town. Twenty four people injured, some in critical condition. Passers by were stung over a period of about thirty minutes yesterday morning. Firefighters, firefighters and medical teams were rushed to the scene to treat the victims, while police set up a security perimeter until the bees stop their attack. Be clear, the bees attacked unprovoked by humans. If you read deeper into the story, there's a question of whether Asian hornets, you know, the meat eating supersize hornets. Hornets were thought to have been attacking the bee colony. So if the bee colony didn't get the people, the Asian hornets would.
Speaker 5: Have Okay, But see I then I think you need a retraction that the bees were not necessarily attacking as much as they may have been fleeing certain death. Maybe the bees like you feel about Asian murder hornets the way you feel about bees, and they're like, you know what if you are around when an Asian murder hornet comes around, racist, everyone around is going to die. And that's what the bees were thinking as they were fleeing into a step to sting to flee, they can just fly away. They just buzzle. They're bumping into people. People are swatting, and the bees are confused. They're like, we're trying to get away, why are you swatting at us? And that's how people were stung it doesn't make me feel any better. I still am of the opinion kill them all, Kill the Asian murder hornets, kill the European honey bees, killed the Africa officially, move let's just call it. We just got to call murder. Well, that's very specific.
Speaker 2: The Asian murder hornets are like five times the size of a of a.
Speaker 3: Then we can call them giant murder hornet.
Speaker 2: We have pictures of them right now. I don't know if they have on the YouTube channel. They are ungodly Leviathan.
Speaker 5: I don't know if they have to be uh racially identified.
Speaker 2: That's why I said it was racist. You gotta name them Asian.
Speaker 5: That's w Let's just call them for us. Let's just call them giant murder hornets.
Speaker 3: They eat meat.
Speaker 5: Too, after you know they do they they eat They will eat a person, a person, not not just you know they.
Speaker 3: You know, they can take out a whole hive, a.
Speaker 5: Few of them in just one one of them can take out a hive. Now again, a murder hornet obviously happened upon a tasty bee hive, the bees making some delicious honey, minding their own business. These being bees, they weren't bothering anybody. Then introduced murder hornet, and then you've got bees going crazy, bees losing their mind trying to get away.
Speaker 3: But it doesn't make it any more justifiable.
Speaker 2: Okay, just because you flee in your are and you accidentally run someone down, it doesn't make you less liable.
Speaker 3: It may not. If you just kill them all, we won't have to worry about this thing.
Speaker 5: Cannot because then okay here, okay, we want to kill them all.
Speaker 3: Then what are the murder hornets eating? They're eating us?
Speaker 2: No, I mean all is in inclusive of the murder hornets. You can't just kill the wasps. Kill the murder hornets, kill the bees, kill the the bumble bees, the carpenter bees.
Speaker 5: Murder hornets and killer bees are twice as cunning as just regular honeybees.
Speaker 3: Why because they're out for me. They have stingers.
Speaker 2: They have probably have teeth. I say, if they have stingers, they have to die. Oh I don't know if they have stingers. I think that these murder hornets, I think they've got actually just teeth.
Speaker 3: No, they have they have singers. They have stingers and mandibles. It probably does like spin an acid onto you as they dissolve.
Speaker 2: Probably probably if we just kill them all, we won't have to worry about them, Don't you dare? Stuff, they're trying to find some sound effects with you, Don't you dare.
Speaker 3: They're like, I've seen eyes.
Speaker 2: I know, I know there's stuff of nightmares if it's not that it's me defecating in the middle.
Speaker 3: Of a mall.
Speaker 2: I mean, look at I can't even look at this thing on you. Look at Daniel, No, look at looking away. I'm looking away, like.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness. They're huge, h mugget some sized wow. Wow.
Speaker 5: And these things probably haven't been fed a lot, these ones that we need.
Speaker 2: To hurt me get to the next segment because I can't do this. And when we talk to George Norri Coast to Coast am, I have to find out if he can recommend someone to interpret my dreams.
Speaker 3: Got to get to the bottom of some of these dreams I'm having.
Speaker 2: That would actually be really cool. It'd be a nice little crossover segment. Yeah, right, K six forty And also I have my final thought and has to do with Elon Musk announcing his new political party.
Speaker 1: You're listening to later with Moe Kelly on Demand from k IF. I am six forty.
Speaker 3: Okay, I am six forty.
Speaker 2: It's later with both Kelly and coming up, it will be Coast to Coast am with George Nori who joins me.
Speaker 3: George, good evening. How was your holiday weekend? Holiday weekend? Was working, but I had a great time you and me both we were both working.
Speaker 2: But speaking of working, before we get to your show, I've had these recurring dreams and I don't know if you can recommend someone who would come on the air with me and interpret some of these recurring dreams which are somewhat disturbing.
Speaker 3: We'll work on that for you. I had one person, but she passed away a few years ago. She was the best.
Speaker 2: Now do you use that person from the other side sometimes? Okay, what's on a show tonight?
Speaker 3: Tonight we're going to talk about how gravity shapes your body. It's an amazing story. Then later on in the show angels on Coast to Coast. Well, there you have it. I'll be tuningy on. Thank you, my friend. We'll work on the dream lady for you.
Speaker 2: Oh it's going to be a lady. Huh yeah, okay, good to know. Okay, before we get out of here. Here is my final thought. And you've probably heard the news now that Elon Musk he's announced that he's creating a new political party and has.
Speaker 3: Named it the America Party. Kind of catchy.
Speaker 2: We know that Musk wasn't pleased with President Trump's spending bill, which was just signed into law over the weekend, and Musk and Trump, you know this as well, had a very public and messy breakup. If this feels like the political equivalent to a jilted lover on the rebound, well you're not wrong. Fellow billionaire Mark Cuban is also rumored to be involved. It's no secret that there is high disapproval of the present state of partisan politics. You know, except for the MAGA faithful. They love everything that President Trump does.
Speaker 3: But there has been.
Speaker 2: Long talk of this so called third party option to shake up the proverbial establishment, and this long standing lie keeps getting recycled every few years. We've always had, or just about always had a third party or fourth party option for decades, literal decades, from Libertarian to the Green Party, to the Reform Party to the American Independent Party, the Forward Party, the No Labels Party, more recently, Constitution Party, those are all real parties and presently active parties. There have always been other options.
Speaker 3: The chief reason.
Speaker 2: Why none of them ever make a ripple is because they don't have adequate infrastructure or presence on local levels.
Speaker 3: They're not even trying.
Speaker 2: They trot out people like Jill Stein, Gary Johnson, Cornell West every four years just for the office of president and basically nothing else. There's no grassroots presence, largely no local elected officials or even candidates, little electoral impact. Yes, Elon Musk can throw money at candidates. Yes he can find some slightly less than MAGA primary opposition to help unsea Trump favorites and or back Democrats in the midterms. Yes he can do all of those things. But here's the reality. Musk is still juggling the fortunes of SpaceX, He's still the president CEO of Tesla, and even X his social media platform.
Speaker 3: What does that tell you He gets.
Speaker 2: Bored really easily and likely has no long term interest in politics. If you're going to start a party, you have to actually build it up.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: You can try it out some candidates running for president, like you know, Jill Stein, Cornell West, whomever, every four years, but that's not an actual party. You're just backing a candidate. Elon Musk gets bored very easily. How do we know. We'll look at Doge. That didn't last long, and it wasn't because he and Trump had a falling out per se. It's because Elon Musk wanted to move on to other things he could as in Elon Musk, he could have impact on an election or two, maybe disrupt the power balance of the House of Representatives. But the American Party as is named will just be the latest failed attempt at starting a new political party. And that's what people need to tell you. And there's something else they won't tell you. The reason why these other third, fourth, and fifth options always fail, and they always will fail. It is because a party with no representation in Congress and no representation in state houses mean that no policy can be made or passed on any level. It's just an opposition individual. It's not about just having a third name on a ballot in which to choose. And yes, you might be able to get signatures to get on a presidential ballot in all fifty states. And let's say hypothetically that person shocks the world and becomes president, but against the Democratic Caucus and Republican conference in both the House and Senate. It would mean more legislative gridlock. It's a pipe dream and another way to separate you from your money because they're still going to be asking for your money. We all hate the two party system, trust me, we all hate it. That's why I'm an independent. But nobody wants to put in the work for the long term. You have to build up a party. How do I know?
Speaker 3: There are recent examples that we can look to.
Speaker 2: These are the same reasons that Bernie Sanders had to become a Democrat. I said, become a Democrat. He's a registered independent and he caucuses with the Democrat Democrats, but he had to become a Democrat to run for president and Donald Trump, Let's not forget, he had to leave the Reform Party and join the Republican Party to seriously make a bid for the White House.
Speaker 3: Remember the Reform Party, I do.
Speaker 2: That is what you got to do to get internal polling data and voter rolls, insider information which a new party would be done without it, and this American Party would be starting from scratch, no access to televised debates, most likely as neither party would agree to a third party participant joining one stage. That's why you don't see people like Ralph Nader, John Anderson, remember him, Gary Johnson, etc.
Speaker 3: Joining the debates.
Speaker 2: Ross Perrot, he was the last one actually be part of those debates. And then the parties wisened up and said, Nope, you will not be joining us anymore. The major parties don't want fringe candidates sharing the stage. And that's what we're talking about. This would be a fringe candidate on behalf of a billionaire who really doesn't have any knowledge, expertise, or interest big picture in actually starting forming supporting a political party. The American Party as it's called is not going anywhere. There was never any chance for it, and despite what you may hear in the news, it's not going anywhere. And maybe I'm the first one to tell you this, but I am the one who needs to tell you this, and anyone who tells you otherwise about the American can Party is lying. But then again, we're used to politicians lying to us, aren't we. For k if I am six forty, I'm mo Kelly.
Speaker 1: KSI and KOs t h D two Los Angeles, Orange County.
Speaker 3: More stimulating talk