Speaker 1: You should take the ball. I don't want to do.
Speaker 2: Hello. Welcome to Laura Kane after Dark. Thank you for joining us, you.
Speaker 1: And your dumb headphones.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, like I feel, I'm okay. Please be my voice of reason. You guys always are. But come on, I am currently hating my haircut.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: Look at this, I look like it's way better, way better than my extensions.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh hell yeah, don't give they looked great.
Speaker 2: Because I put them in myself.
Speaker 1: I just think this looks better anyway.
Speaker 2: Issues I'm having haring s shees. Hello everybody on Instagram, Hello on Facebook. Thank you so much for watching our live stream or listening and watching after the fact. We sure appreciate it.
Speaker 1: We too.
Speaker 2: And so this was a big weekend. It was Pride weekend. It was so fun. Not only did I go, I walked in the parade.
Speaker 1: Oh did you her?
Speaker 2: It wasn't about me, it was about the I Art media stations. There's three vans that walking in front of no I walked in about okay. There was two promotions dudes and they were holding up the iHeart uh logo with the heart was a rainbow heart. It was cute and they were holding up flags and stuff, and then I was behind them, and then the Channel nine three three car, then the Star ninety four to one car van and then the Gem in ninety five.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah girl.
Speaker 2: So yeah. I danced around, I did a cartwheel. I had like a fake pawny talent which I had like one two, three, four five six rainbow colored bows in it.
Speaker 1: I was rainbowed out dragging at her.
Speaker 2: It was really fun. But that's what it's all about. No, it's about like, it's so fun when it because it's so packed and there's just so it's all about love basically, it's love, love love with people. Yes, and it was great because I go up to like a group that was sitting along the sidelines. I'd be like, come on, everybody, it's all about love, about big pride, and people would be just screaming and stuff.
Speaker 1: Eric's so glad he didn't go, oh my god, am I ever glad?
Speaker 2: That sounds maybe not when somebody was like I love your podcast, that would have major day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they have been worth it.
Speaker 2: No, it wasn't that hot actually, and it wasn't crowds.
Speaker 1: I don't like the crowds or it sounds like she was the most like annoying type of person in the period.
Speaker 3: If she would have told me scared up, I would have been like, get the hell out of there.
Speaker 2: You would have had a good time walking in the parade, so you're not walking through the crowds.
Speaker 1: He would have liked that list. Do you know who you're talking to? Yeah? I know, I really. I feel like I know him way better than you Tube and you guys have been friends for like longer than I've been alive.
Speaker 2: I know. I I OK okay, And so then I was hell bent on renting one of those electric bikes which are so funky, and there was no bike okay by the time I got to the end of the parade route, You're in Bellbo Park, right, and I and I could. I didn't have time to go to the festival. So I was like, well, I'm going to rent an electric bike or a scooter and just cruise home because it's like it's walkable. But it's not the closest thing in the world, right, So I googled every like scooter app, this app, that app. There was nothing around. So I found a bike store that said one point two miles away. I was like, oh, no problem. After like forty seven minutes, I end up in the in the part of the gas lamp.
Speaker 1: It took you forty walk miles with the.
Speaker 2: Crowds dodging in and out fitting lost. I got lost not that far, and I made a stop, and I have to tell you about the stop. By explains, Yes, this explains a lot. I made one stop because I saw this store and I'm going to give them a shout out because I told them I would, and I thought I was very impressed with their business prowess. So anyway, let me get to that in a second. Finally, find the bike store for forty bucks for four hours. That's the limit or the minimum that you can rent. I'm like, oh, that's not bad at all, really, I mean, because I can cruise around everywhere. Blah blah blah blah. Right, Well, it wasn't necessarily an electric bike where you go room vroom. It was a cruiser that you had to paddle in order for it.
Speaker 1: To work, also known as a bike.
Speaker 2: So what I biked all the way up Fifth Halvenue No.
Speaker 1: From downtown.
Speaker 2: I got home within like fifty minutes, okay, Oh, and then I still had three hours left. I'm not gonna name any names, but a friend of mine needed my help, like asap. It was an emergency situation, so I was like, the bike was due at six. It's three thirty. Oh my god. So long story short. I went to my friends. Antonio took the bike back, not happily and didn't speak to me for the rest of the night. He's like, you're so stupid. Why did you rent that bike? I'm like, because I thought it wouldn't be fun to like cruise around. There's so many people, there's so many parties. It's really fun. And then I got the phone call about the emergency and I was like, I didn't expect that. Don't call me stupid.
Speaker 1: You are a little impulsive.
Speaker 2: I am, But I really wanted to ride that bike. Not that bike, but but the bike I wanted, which is like a motorcycle. It's really fun.
Speaker 1: How would you ride that in a routed parade?
Speaker 2: I wouldn't. I didn't want to ride it in the parade. This is after the parade.
Speaker 1: Oh, so you just wanted to ride a bike.
Speaker 2: I wanted to ride the bike back to my house.
Speaker 1: But you had to return it, so you would have had to go back.
Speaker 2: Anyways, I understand that, but I would have taken a car and Antonio's car and then he wanted to pick.
Speaker 1: That's that's a lot of work. Why don't you just uber home or something.
Speaker 2: I didn't want to. I wanted to be outside of the fresh air, like actually getting and I'm sore. I've been exercising so long. That's a sore. I mean, that's so bad. Anyways, anyway, so I did that. So anyway, I stopped by this store because if you think.
Speaker 1: My stories go nowhere, but hey, yeah, but this is where I get to make fun of her. When she tells her stories, yours are like they're so infensive, I don't really get to make fun of true.
Speaker 2: So I was walking close to C Street, right off of Fourth and I ran into this store called s H Shoe Habit.
Speaker 1: Oh boy.
Speaker 2: And what they do is they buy, sell and trade Nikes and New Balance and you know whatnot. And they had all these like and clothing and you know, high end stuff.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: So shout out to Shoe Habit.
Speaker 3: How much did you plunk down for I?
Speaker 2: It's on sixth Avenue, Okay, sixth Avenue near C Street. I've been one of these nikes forever. They're called the Pandas Pandas the Pandas Short pandas A hundred bucks.
Speaker 1: Okay, I would never spend that much.
Speaker 2: Actually, I'm those are everything there is not too bad, no, seriously, and they're a great shape.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those are what's the most you guys have spent on shoes before?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Actually yeah, yeah? What Eric? How much have you spent on a pair of shoes before?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Before that guy who casts uh doubt and negativity on the other.
Speaker 1: Have to say.
Speaker 3: Those were my Christian Lubaton high tops.
Speaker 2: And just busted out. Hey it was a while ago, right, yeah, how much?
Speaker 1: Come on?
Speaker 3: Be honest, Well, I she doesn't work there anymore, but I had a friend who's taught.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, what's the number?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, what would it have cost? What did you pay?
Speaker 3: So retail they would have cost about eighteen hundred.
Speaker 2: Jesus, that's not as much as I would think for Lubiton.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he's I don't know, that sounds about right.
Speaker 2: It's deflating.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe twenty two hundred. That's not what I paid. What did you pay?
Speaker 2: He's going to deflate this too?
Speaker 1: Oh you didn't pay four hundred. That's no way that is paid over a grand.
Speaker 2: He has paid way more than that for shoes.
Speaker 1: I guarantee you there's no employee discount in the world that would knock off twelve hundred bucks.
Speaker 2: What about your like, don't you have Carlos were filled boots? Oh don't you have bon boots? Don't you have like so spilling?
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, no, no, sorry.
Speaker 3: That was nothing compared to the Gucci motorcycle boots I bought.
Speaker 2: Okay, those are fans eighteen hundred.
Speaker 3: Oh well, no more than oh.
Speaker 1: We're talking over three probably this is oh yeah, thirty, like let's say thirty five ballpark?
Speaker 2: No about forty?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, they weren't that expensive. I got them.
Speaker 3: Remember when saxonth Avenue was in Fashion Valley, Yes, and I was modeling at the time.
Speaker 1: Oh, this was a long time ago. Yeah, that would be like eight grand.
Speaker 3: Completely, Yeah, that was The lubatons were nothing compared to that.
Speaker 2: And that was that long ago. They were almost four grand. So there were days about.
Speaker 1: Three you know the most. Every warn them one time. Wait, what's why? Because they hurt so bad? You should wear them next week?
Speaker 2: And I will yes, can you get those things stretched out from a cobbler or something?
Speaker 1: You Are they leather? Yes? Oh you need to break them in. Fish, it doesn't even matter, Yes it does.
Speaker 2: Are they too short on the toe?
Speaker 3: They are so narrow and I have narrow feet. They are so narrow and they are so uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: I bet you need to break them in the most money I've ever spent on shoes is two hundred bucks for a pair of leather boots and you got to wear them for a couple of weeks. Yeah, I couldn't. They were.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think about the most I've ever spent on shoes, and I think probably, Oh, I know. They were my old Gringo boots, which I still have and I've I've had them for like five years. They were three seventy five.
Speaker 1: It's pretty normal for like woman's boots.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, old Gringo has the cutest boots. And they're like, yeah, so that's the most I've ever spent the least.
Speaker 1: I mean, come on, please, thirty cents.
Speaker 2: I'm a rasps, I'm a raw shopper. They're in a good will shopper. I've bought good will shoes before.
Speaker 1: I have gotten some really expensive stuff from Goodwill. Which one I don't remember. It's been a long time.
Speaker 2: With the Lamisa one might be really good.
Speaker 1: No, I've never had good luck there. The alkohol alkoholod.
Speaker 2: Amvets down the hill on em washing. They've got tons of stuffite and it's all color coordinated and everything.
Speaker 1: I've heard. The La Joya Goodwill is pretty good. Oh, I bet that one's really good.
Speaker 2: Area area area, right, you got to choose your area. Okay. So then I saw what I have been hearing about lately, NonStop. Have you heard of La boo boos?
Speaker 1: Yes? Oh, please, don't tell me that you bought one.
Speaker 2: I you Oh my god, I had to, I see now listen, I don't think you had to. I did well. I bought it primarily to show you guys what the big hype is.
Speaker 1: Sixty year olds don't need those. Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 2: I'm not sixty. Yeah it's fifty nine. I'm not fifty nine or fifty eight.
Speaker 1: No, this is the first time I'm hearing about this. That's news to me. Such we all.
Speaker 2: Dream abrat Okay, So he said, yes, and when you pick out your La Buo boo, you don't know if you're going to get this one, this one, this or there's also a surprise one that's worth like three hundred dollars. Like they're all so the.
Speaker 1: Smallest semblance of gambling. And you had to get one.
Speaker 2: Yeah I did. But not only that, he said I'll hook you up with They had this little like whole wall full of little tiny clothes that you could put your little boo boo in. We're talking Chanelle, Louis Vauton, uh, Gucci Berbery, and then I love my favorite Alo, you know aloes like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, out of all those brands, that's her favorite Alo, isn't aren't they like primarily like a sports fitness brand at this point.
Speaker 2: Yes, but I bought all my pants are from there. Let me explain laboobooz are first for nobody, for anybody who doesn't know. And then I'm gonna whip it.
Speaker 1: Don't you just show it because they're just showing them kind of explain this well.
Speaker 2: Labuboo is a brand of collectible collectible designer plush toy monster elves Okay created by Hong Kong Dutch designer Casing Lung and Mark, marketed by exclusively sold by China based Ret Taylor PopMart. Labuobu is also the name of the main character in the series There's a Laboobu series. Now, why is laboom famous now? It was first introduced in twenty fifteen with monsters figurines produced by the company How to Work. The toy gained wider recognitions in twenty nineteen following a collaboration with PopMart. The partnership boosted Labuoboo's popularity among collectors. So, now all of a sudden is a luxury brand. It's not a traditional luxury.
Speaker 3: Brand, but people are attaching them to so people are putting it on their Loui viti, on purses and there.
Speaker 2: So I picked this old guy. He was the this little this little section was the cheapest section at forty five dollars. Oh you paid for that, I did.
Speaker 1: So that was a very expensive day for you. It was it was like, she's so good, justifying she should go to Pride.
Speaker 2: With her so I can't say, brought out like the best in me. And also when it was doms about her, no, it brought out the best of me. But when I was done with Pride and I walked away from it, I I lost all sense of controlity and control, and I was impulsive and I did that. I bought the pandas about this, and then I went and got a bike I didn't need. So anyway, this is the box that came in.
Speaker 1: Now, riding the high of a celebration for not her, I have to say that thing is hideous.
Speaker 2: Okay. Wait, look some have little closed eyes, some have open like ooh eyes, some pink so okay. And then here's the mysterious one. And who knows what that is? So I pull it out. He's he it's a boy, but he's dressed an aloe because the guy told me it's a boy. Have you checked his name is? I'll show you his name in a minute. So I picked it out. I didn't get a special one, but I got one that is not cute.
Speaker 1: Let's see.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, he's green.
Speaker 1: Oh dear god, so this is and he's sitting forty five dollars and.
Speaker 2: He looks like here's a little hat, like like, how cute? And you can hang them up.
Speaker 1: No, he's hideous.
Speaker 2: And he's wearing an aloe sweatshirt and an allow pants and here's here's a little thing and you can hang them on your backpack, Like I don't have because I don't go to us.
Speaker 1: I'm not in high school. Why would you hang out in your backpack? That's awful.
Speaker 2: But anyway, it's just really like we have to be hip, we have to be in the moment.
Speaker 1: This is my little do not have to you do not need to be hip or in the moment?
Speaker 2: What does that back on?
Speaker 1: Also, the important part of being hip is discretion on what trend you should join.
Speaker 2: I mainly, like I said, bought this to show you guys why it is going on.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's not true. I think that's what you tell yourself.
Speaker 2: First and foremost. Yes, second and very close to the first is I just wanted it.
Speaker 1: I think that is actually probably the first and only reason now here he is. Now he just looks like a little Amish man.
Speaker 2: That's one of the Boh wait, let me see what his name is. His name is Oh no, it's like QQ or something. Here's a little card. Here's a little card. His name is QQ. Okay, okay, So there you go. Have a seat. Sometimes they're seated, sometimes they're standing. The seed the ones are cheaper, So that's the one I bought fifty or forty five bucks.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. Okay, well that was money not well spent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well all expensive. I don't know with what who, I don't know. That is not when people will say.
Speaker 1: She just throws her receipts out the window and hopefully money comes back.
Speaker 2: So okay, So that's a story about le Boo boo and shoe have it you guys. Thank you. You guys hooked me up with the shoes that I wanted most of all, which were the pant is black and white Nikes. You know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 1: An expensive day.
Speaker 2: I know, yeah, and now and now.
Speaker 1: Four weeks not doing it all on the same day. Yes, So you wait, did you bike home holding the shoes and the labubu?
Speaker 2: I did? And Mexican food?
Speaker 1: Oh geez.
Speaker 2: So I had one bag here, one bag here, and then.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine how trashy you looked doing that.
Speaker 2: And I was rolling a fifth avenue or fifth avenue, yeah, in my cruiser bike like titling like Matt anyway, So there's that was great.
Speaker 3: What I'm very sorry for your loss and.
Speaker 2: Look, and I'm doing it for the show. That's what I'm going to say. I'm sticking to it. Okay, Comic Con week, babe, it's gonna be crazy town downtown now.
Speaker 3: I will not be going anywhere near it.
Speaker 2: This shows to me that Eric is getting older because every single comic con we would go and we would just peruse the outside because there's so much to do outside.
Speaker 1: I agree with Eric, it's not worth the hassle.
Speaker 2: It was so fun. We had fun for years and.
Speaker 1: But I know, no, not even no, not even like actual celebrities, but like micro.
Speaker 2: Celebrities, like people that are there for the comic con. Yes, so this year, uh okay, for the first time ever, director Giermo del Toro and George Lucas will be showing out at a panel Comic Con and they are there, I don't know, to discuss the opening of the Lucas Museum.
Speaker 1: Of near Are you seen that?
Speaker 2: In La Queen Latifa? Will be narrating it or moderating it? What have I seen it?
Speaker 3: That Georgia Lucas Museum. It's gonna look like a spaceship that landed.
Speaker 2: That is cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's gona pretty cool. Yeah, it's gonna look really really cool. Were I here to go to a panel about it? Though?
Speaker 2: No, okay. So so I, okay, I'm going to brag a little bit, but I got a passed because I'm going to be doing live hits outside the Comic Con before it even opens, because it's our morning news runs from five to nine am. So I'm just gonna go and I'm gonna talk to some people and whatnot. But I needed to get a press pass, so I pick it up tomorrow. Oh, no, big deal.
Speaker 1: Are you a Comic Con press pass? Yes? But do you want to see they hand those things out like Nichols?
Speaker 2: All right, do you want to be impressed with something? Then?
Speaker 1: Oh? Sure, Oh I know what you're gonna whip out. I don't I know?
Speaker 2: You better impressed by this.
Speaker 1: We'll see. Yeah, she's already Moderated's like, well maybe not.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know if I should, but I'm going to anybody.
Speaker 1: You don't know.
Speaker 2: I have to flash it. I have to flash it at various things.
Speaker 1: Okay, is this your police press pass?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, check it out, which I don't even know really what that means.
Speaker 2: Okay, this means that I they know that I am with the press. I've been checked out, I've been background checked. I went to the police station. They took my picture, they took my name and been signed by my l la la la la la la la la. So if I roll up on the scene and there's like caution tape, dead bodies.
Speaker 1: I told you that's what you. Yeah, but you don't get to enter a crime scene. You just get to stand outside of it.
Speaker 2: Excuse me? Can I go onto the the yellow tape? I need to talk.
Speaker 1: No, you can't get into the crime scene.
Speaker 3: Oh your payer's pretty well, thank you.
Speaker 1: I hope you don't think that you can go into a crime scene. With that.
Speaker 2: Well, I can get closer to the crime scene than I ever have before.
Speaker 1: Just means they won't tell you to leave.
Speaker 2: Not only that, I got a press a parking pass, so but only And I'm not going to destroy these rules ever, because I never wanted to be provoked. I even had it laminated. I'm such a dork.
Speaker 1: Parking Wait, what does the parking past do for you?
Speaker 2: I can park in white, I can park in yellow, no matter what time it is. I can park in uh metered parking if I'm there to cover a news story.
Speaker 1: For free right, yes, not red zone though.
Speaker 2: No, not red and not if I'm just going to comic Con, you know, to play like I'm not going to go.
Speaker 1: If you're doing a park, if you're doing a like, if you're doing news through there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like for yeah, on Thursday morning.
Speaker 1: That loading zone so you can park in loading zones as long as you want. Yeah, that's pretty neat. Yeah, yeah, that's cool. I would care about that way more than the police one.
Speaker 2: It's just really fun to have. I just feel super important and it's cool and I feel like it's a step that I've made in a positive direction.
Speaker 1: Okay, you are so fans. Congratulations Laura, Ah, thank you. It was a pity one.
Speaker 2: I mean, all right, so Comic Con. I'm going to go and I'm going to dress up. I'm not going to be Superwoman or wonder Woman. I'm not going to be Catwoman. I'm not going to be Harley Webs your face, Quinn. I'm going to be simply Lowest Lane. I have a black wig. I have a white long sleeve shirt with a best I laminated a logo that says the Daily Planet. I was going to stick it on their wors skirt. Bam, Lowest Lane glasses boom. You've seen the New Superman is that gonna fit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, fine, I had.
Speaker 2: To dress up. I have to can't just go down the regular clothes.
Speaker 1: I'd regular clothes whatever. I would never dress up for that.
Speaker 2: Well, you, we would never do a lot of things lately. I don't know where you took a corner all of a sudden, like a really severe corner.
Speaker 1: No, I'm aside with him on this one. That's my boy.
Speaker 2: No, Like in general, don't you think he's kind of turned like a severe corner in seting like that, Grandpa esked.
Speaker 1: The only thing, the only change I've noticed is his attitude towards Halloween. Yeah, everything else is this typical Eric though.
Speaker 2: Dress in my remember he used to go, like take pick pick a dress when they were in my kitchen.
Speaker 1: You would still do that. I would still do if they were that available. Yeah, yeah, would you? Yeah? That was fun. That wasn't Halloween. That was just a regular day. I know. But you're just mad that he's not as impulsive as you.
Speaker 2: Well, he never has been, but he was a lot. He used to be a little bit more more willing to do stuff.
Speaker 1: Well, you guys are both in your mid to late sixties.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you something. Yes, have you always kept a paper calendar?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, so it's not the calendar. No, did you get my text about the dates in October right those? No? No?
Speaker 1: I didn't, he did, do?
Speaker 2: Did you?
Speaker 1: I got some weird text from somebody. I said, who is this? Yeah, we remember the bit. You really committed to it.
Speaker 2: I'm going to drag you from behind the car.
Speaker 1: Well, you guys get to share a room too.
Speaker 2: No, no, we're all sharing a room. No listen, okay, let me explain. We're going on a team building trip and a fun trip, the four of us me, Eric, producer, Brian and Marie, my roommate. Just for fine. We're going to Palm Springs. Now, look, you guys are going to have a great time. Listen. Not an airbnbat. It's a hotel and it's called like the Pink Flamingo. But it's it's nice. It's all been redone. It's cool. I looked up the coolest hotels in Palm Springs. It has one to three bedrooms and two bathrooms. So why in the world will we each pay for our own rooms? And when we can combine and together. It was like eight hundred bucks. So the four of us splitting that.
Speaker 3: Duh, right, h, that's a no brainer.
Speaker 1: So I'm confused.
Speaker 2: There are three bedrooms in the sharing me and Marie.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, then why'd you say we're all sharing?
Speaker 2: We're sharing a place?
Speaker 1: Is it a hotel?
Speaker 2: Square feet? Yes, but it's one of their big rooms.
Speaker 1: Oh it's a sweet Yes.
Speaker 2: It's thirteen hundred square feet. It's huge, was it? Do you have a problem with this?
Speaker 1: She made that confusing? Right?
Speaker 2: I saw Barbie and I was like, it does have Barbie in the title, but it's not like pinked out. It's not completely pinked out.
Speaker 1: That's whatever. Well you said, I said, who's sharing a room? And you said, we're all sharing a room. I said, oh boy.
Speaker 2: You get a room. You get a room, Marie and I share a room. You get a bathroom. You guys share a bathroom. We share a bathroom. Cool, and we save.
Speaker 1: It's still pretty expensive, but it's fine.
Speaker 2: It's that much for the two days we're going to be there, more than eight, not through my discounts.
Speaker 1: You're what discounts you? Well, you flash your press pass or something.
Speaker 2: AARP.
Speaker 3: Oh god, who did you get a hand job to?
Speaker 1: Like the night manager?
Speaker 2: Oh? I just I didn't want to meet that. I didn't want to admit that.
Speaker 1: Why I would have I can't wait to get my ARP card.
Speaker 3: Wait, you got yours before I got mine.
Speaker 2: Bruh. You get it when you're like fifty.
Speaker 1: Wow, well so you got like fifteen. I'm not there yet. I'm not there you.
Speaker 2: Are, and actually you've just thrown away the packaging.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Anyways, so there's that, all right, Now cue the music whatever it is, something exciting, not the cricket.
Speaker 1: You've taken away all the music.
Speaker 2: I know. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I was going to put buttons just bow gardening everything.
Speaker 2: I want Eric to do his double deep so excited?
Speaker 1: Oh what was that?
Speaker 2: Say?
Speaker 1: Oh? These are the hinge things, That's what it is. Okay. Just do you think.
Speaker 2: Which I haven't looked at in like two months?
Speaker 1: Oh, very sad news today. Well we're in Palm Springs. You can find yourself a nice.
Speaker 2: I know, what's gonna say.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm sure there's plenty there. I'm sure there's a couple straight guys you can find.
Speaker 2: Hey, maybe they're doing the same kind of thing we are.
Speaker 1: You never know, and you know, or you can go out for a couple of hours and you can have the room.
Speaker 3: I know it's she'll just sock, she'll just hang up. Yeah, sock on the door.
Speaker 2: Okay, in the minute, the socks on the door. I am coming to your room?
Speaker 1: Why are you come to my room? Just a bug whatever, he'll lock the door. Stock on which door?
Speaker 2: On our door? If she puts a sock on our door? Marie, do you know the sock on the door trick?
Speaker 1: Like she's friends, she's not totally.
Speaker 2: Okay, just say your sharing room with somebody, and if somebody is out and you have a boy in the room, you put a sock on the door to let the other person know, Hey, I'm in the room.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well it's called manners.
Speaker 1: I know, you know, you know the prince, you know the symbol of the sock on the door.
Speaker 2: Oh I thought it was the guy's only Okay, oh right, right, right, I.
Speaker 1: Think it's now you send like a pair of song underwear. It's just like, well that's a pretty clear one. Yeah, that's a sensical, clear message.
Speaker 2: That's right. We communicate.
Speaker 1: You get you get a girl half three like, hey, are you gonna put that on the handle real quick? Stick?
Speaker 3: I have some friends condom I have some friends live in Palm Springs. I think I'll stay with them instead.
Speaker 2: Eric, do not be that guy. I will be so mad. You're gonna hurt producer Brian's feelings.
Speaker 1: And I'll be fine.
Speaker 3: Brian and I are, Brian and I are going to stay there.
Speaker 2: No, he's not.
Speaker 1: I'm not.
Speaker 2: Just come here for a second. Look.
Speaker 1: Here's here's how it's gonna go.
Speaker 2: Get Mariana or get letter here. I want to talk to her about what's going on, see if she's okay with it. I didn't have a chance. It doesn't matter. I didn't have a chance to tell you this yesterday. But I was just looking up October dates. Cool hotels in Palm Springs. The coolest hip is Hotels on Palm Springs in twenty twenty five, and I found this place. It's kind of like Barbie's in the title, but it's not barbied out. It's not like full on pinked out, but it's redone. It's got a pool, as I've got a beautiful pool, cool things going on, and the room is thirteen hundred square feet. It's got not one, not two, but three bedrooms in the one hotel room. So bit, yes, okay, and together for the two nights, it was like eight hundred and fifty dollars for townights. It's four hundred to nights okay, yes, and we all four ways. It'd be the cheapest thing ever. Would you be okay with sharing your room to night? It's kind of fine for me. Yeah, I would say if it's something like, yeah, otherwise we're going to be paying like three hundred and fifty dollars a night for our each our own room nights at this time of the year.
Speaker 1: Probably yeah, that could like, yeah, well.
Speaker 2: This is October. So I was looking.
Speaker 1: I said, I'm saying for October because I think October is gonna be bigger than Now.
Speaker 2: Do you have a problem did you look up the hotel room? I want to I want to see Ryan in a pink hotel. It's okay, they have splashes of pink.
Speaker 1: I uncomfortable my masculinity. I don't have a problem with pink, just a little. I'll lay out on the cabana like a king.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, I'm booking it and we're going anyway.
Speaker 1: We're gonna be sitting by the pool all day because there's palm springs.
Speaker 2: It is right near the downtown walking distance to the downtown area.
Speaker 1: Glorious. Oh, we won't be walking to downtown in this Palm Springs.
Speaker 2: I'm going to row hipnell. You're drunk. Oh boy, you're drink so you are pleasant.
Speaker 1: Hold on, hold on, here's a senior as citizen. Let's well let him go to bed at eight thirty pm and we'll do the real Palm spring stuff.
Speaker 2: I'm going to take a syringe of like ketamine or something.
Speaker 1: Why would you walk? Why would you want to drag him out if he's not wanting to be there and down the do you know I would just I would just lower the curve.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna like stick you to some kind of tranquilizer and we're gonna drag him out.
Speaker 1: He'll be like, oh, this.
Speaker 2: Is fun, and he'll be like, have a whole new attitude.
Speaker 1: No, he'll be like, I don't want to be here. I'm like, I brought a book. I'm going back to the hotel.
Speaker 2: What if there was money in it?
Speaker 1: How much you're talking, you're gonna pay him to go out.
Speaker 2: Let's just see what his lois is. Two hundred and fifty dollars for a night out, until midnight midnight.
Speaker 1: Yes, five uh three point fifty, it doesn't matter. Two fifty is already outside of her budget forty She just felt spent that on a stupid doll shoes and a bike forty max transaction limit.
Speaker 2: I did. I spent my whole eighteen T bill.
Speaker 1: Look, here's what we'll do. We'll hang God, we'll hang out during the day by the pool with Eric. He can read his book. We'll chill, and then at eight thirty he'll go to bed and we'll go hit the clubs.
Speaker 2: And we'll go. Okay, all right, that's perfect, Okay, as long as you do not get in your car go want you booking?
Speaker 3: It might be a possibility if I'm left alone, Well don't wait.
Speaker 1: We won't go anywere until you already of sleep at like seven thirty pm. Well you know, and then I'll just do this.
Speaker 2: That's what I'll stick him with, some kind of melton.
Speaker 1: Holds back the bed he's dressed and his suitcases next to Yeah, up, it goes out.
Speaker 2: I could see him doing that too, Okay, Okay, I'm all bye.
Speaker 1: Daily No, it's I'm not worried. It's palm springs. This is his happy place.
Speaker 2: Not necessary. There's like a gay man, but not like at all.
Speaker 1: A game, the greatest game ever.
Speaker 2: He's like the most masculine gay man ever.
Speaker 1: So he's not like in Small Push, and he'd be dating women in no time. No Small Push.
Speaker 2: Well Puss, Okay, Laura, just what it is. I wanted to see his reaction about me saying that, to see he.
Speaker 1: Gets as a straight man. I'm repulsed at what you said. Okay, Okay, Ross, Now I'm not going I have plans in October, hopefully not with us small.
Speaker 2: To acknowledge that go ahead anyways.
Speaker 3: Oh, let's start off on a sad note, shall we.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Malcolm Jamal Warner.
Speaker 3: Who was on The Cosby Show, died over the weekend of an accidental drowning. He was in Costa Rica with his daughter and he got caught in a rip current.
Speaker 2: Theo Huxtable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the drownings in Costa Rica, the Caribbean.
Speaker 3: He was fifty four, and he never mentioned his wife or child's name in public.
Speaker 2: I like people that keep it as private as they possibly can, or people that don't show pictures of our kids. Although I want to see every celebrities kid on the planet but I understand why they did that.
Speaker 3: Yes, Gwyneth Paltrow really loved performing this naughty sex act with Ben Affleck.
Speaker 2: They dated when did they date?
Speaker 1: Uh, nineteen ninety seven to two thousand. Why would you? I feel like this is such a weird thing to dish about.
Speaker 2: Well, she had a vagina smelling candle, remember, and we had to do the news story about that.
Speaker 3: Oh she is, and there's well, all this stuff is coming out about her now because there's been a book written about.
Speaker 2: Her from like about her from the former or something.
Speaker 1: A biography. Was it like a biopic that she was signed off on or no, it's a book unauthorized She yeah, I think it's.
Speaker 2: I'd read that.
Speaker 1: Wait what okay, what's this naughty thing that they did? Tea bagging? Oh wait from which end she did it to him?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 3: No, he'd have to do it to her. No, tea bagging is oh yeah, sorry, tea bagging is where you put on his face.
Speaker 1: That's not crazy.
Speaker 2: No, those are called goggles or something, right, gogles. Oh see, we're not that phrase. Yeah I've heard that too, but tea bag wait, tea bagging is in the mouth.
Speaker 1: Yes, Oh, the goggles is on the eyes. Okay, that doesn't seem very sexual that it seems weird.
Speaker 2: Weird, kind of seems like it might feel a little good.
Speaker 3: Looks like you'd have if that were going out, looks like you'd have a nose let that looked like the wicked Witch of the West.
Speaker 1: It would just be this long.
Speaker 2: No, I.
Speaker 1: Don't worry about it anyway, the wier.
Speaker 3: So she's also The book also claims that Gwyneth was sad when her ex Brad Pitt married Jennifer Aniston.
Speaker 2: I think married no matter what, you know what, my ex married somebody else, like not too long ago, and I was I had no feelings about it at all.
Speaker 1: It's been a long time.
Speaker 2: It's been a long time. I can't imagine any x right now where i'd be sad that they But.
Speaker 1: If it was new I broke up with them five minutes ago, I'd be really, are you kidding? They're an EXAs it's still hard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's hard, especially freshly. Maybe they'll last maybe not you. Yeah, you're yeah, you're different. Nope, See Brian, if something, if if a reason, somebody said, oh, by the way, I met someone, I'm getting married, it.
Speaker 1: Would make me. Really, I don't want to say uncomfortable, but kind of uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: I don't know why, because you'd be in sad feelings you don't like that.
Speaker 1: But not quite just sad, just feel like it, just feel weird. I'd be weird with it.
Speaker 3: I would light some flame batons and do a cartwheel.
Speaker 1: Down the street.
Speaker 2: Well, there are reasons that may speak more about you than and them.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, you know the thing about Gwyneth Paltrow that always she is in sufferable like whenever she was on like a talk show, like whenever she was on Letterman and he'd say something to her, and she always would respond like with that, what do you mean? Like she always seemed perpetually annoyed.
Speaker 2: I don't think she's that pretty either, be honest, I do in a very natural Yes, Well, she was with Chris Martin, she's with what's that dude? With American horror Story now.
Speaker 1: Then out like she was with yeah apparently.
Speaker 3: Do you want to know what caused a stampede at a Beyonce concert that left eleven people injured. Yes, a stampede broke out at an Atlanta train station last week as fans were leaving a Beyonce concert, leaving eleven people injured, with seven of those being transported to the hospital. And it was all because someone freaked out when they saw a bug.
Speaker 1: Totally depends on what type of bug though.
Speaker 2: If it's like one of the cicadas. We've seen one of those hideous the scary as hell and the.
Speaker 3: Boom and hers, so you know, it only happens once every several years, and they come out of the ground and I was huge, Yeah, I think it is it Georgia that are Yeah. I had a friend that lived there and when they came out, she was driving home from work and I was on the phone with her and she almost got into an accent, like she had to pull over and you could hear it outside the car hitting the car, and they make like a screeching and there's millions and millions and millions of them, and their life isn't that long, like they they come out and then they just long.
Speaker 1: Enough to destroy all the crops.
Speaker 2: There's a story where like a girl's softball team and kids that were outdoors planks couldn't open their mouths. Oh. I would freak out at any kind of beetle, especially the horned beetles whole.
Speaker 1: Now, do you not like june bugs?
Speaker 2: June bugs are so cute.
Speaker 1: The thing is they're way too nosy. They're like they have like no sense of personal space, you know, and they're dumb.
Speaker 2: Yeah, big fat boss scare me too, kind of like those big fat like balls with like the.
Speaker 1: They're pretty The only thing that scares near spiders.
Speaker 2: Roaches.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't like roaches. I don't understand why everyone's so. I mean, they're a little gross, but like they can't literally can't do anything. They don't even jump.
Speaker 2: What can't roaches? You can't like? The refuge is that like I've I've stopped on a roach and.
Speaker 1: It's like, you're so bad it was stepping off.
Speaker 2: I am got up and ran away again. In college, there were so many roaches, but the little ones. We would lift up our phone handle when we had like phones with like cords, and roaches would go flying out under.
Speaker 1: They love the heat so disgusting. It's more they're gross because they're a sign that you are gross.
Speaker 2: Well it was the whole dorm was gross with a bunch of kids living in it.
Speaker 1: Your apartment or no.
Speaker 2: And I've never seen a roach in this house, knock on.
Speaker 1: Thank god, I have a bunch of them.
Speaker 3: Do you remember that time that I had the fake roaches and I put one on your kitchen table and you just about.
Speaker 1: Pants? It was the best thing ever. That was the best thing ever. So did you hear this story a couple of weeks ago about the tech guy and his mistress?
Speaker 2: Oh busted?
Speaker 1: And where?
Speaker 2: What? What?
Speaker 3: Were they at a concert?
Speaker 2: It was? Yeah, it was like over the weekend or a little bit before the weekend.
Speaker 3: Well, Coldplay is now warning fans before unleashing the kiss gam.
Speaker 2: Because they caught him in an extramarital Yeah didn't And did you see the video of him like when caught he really sinks down, turned, she turned her she was last.
Speaker 1: What are the odds of that? Though?
Speaker 3: And didn't the announcer say, oh, somebody must be having an affair?
Speaker 2: I did, I don't know?
Speaker 1: It was hilarious. Yeah, So now.
Speaker 2: Is cold playing trouble? Is that why?
Speaker 1: It's a joke?
Speaker 2: Could they be sued for that? Okay, I'm just wondering.
Speaker 1: It's his damn fault for having an affair. How can you sue someone for accidentally revealing your having an affair? Call you an idiot.
Speaker 3: Okay, So now we're getting to the good stuff. Oh so, Kylie Jenner just did a new ad campaign for Mew Mew okay, and her fans are weighing in and they are not happy. One of them said so over her dead eyes and.
Speaker 1: And board face.
Speaker 2: Kylie Jenner.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she always has the well they all do. They all have because she can, No, none of them can. But they all have that deer in headlights, like non blinking Stafford wife.
Speaker 2: At least she don't under lips a little bit, well a little bit.
Speaker 1: I can only help.
Speaker 2: But Justin Bieber, Oh Justin, please be okay, Justin, please be fine.
Speaker 3: He's been posting on social media like the entire week, very cryptic post among his drug use allegations.
Speaker 1: Released the album though it's viral marketing.
Speaker 2: Do you see him stumbling up the stairs to get to a kid Leroy concert? He could barely walk.
Speaker 1: I think it's if he's doing drugs. Shocking.
Speaker 3: His response is no need to be clean to be good with God?
Speaker 2: Oh see, oh no, I.
Speaker 1: Could a lot.
Speaker 2: I don't approve it leads to bad road leave.
Speaker 3: No, yes, what are you invested in this? Denise Richards Aaron Zeifer divorce.
Speaker 1: No, because I am one. They're not even famous anymore.
Speaker 2: Denise richards Well is on on on fans right.
Speaker 1: Yes, she's still hot. She's still hot.
Speaker 2: This guy I've never heard of.
Speaker 3: So he was married to Nicolette Sheridan for like six months. Okay, so he must be hamed.
Speaker 1: He's got a.
Speaker 3: Type like Nicolett Sheridan's hot. She's blonde, like really pretty. So he filed on July fourth or July seventh, actually is when he filed, stating irreconcilable differences. While it's come out over the last couple of weeks that he filed saying that she was having an affair and that he found on her phone text messages from Denise to another man, allegedly wishing him like good night and making reservations at a hotel and sneaking him in and stuff like that. But she's come back with allegations that he's beat her, and she has photographs and man, is she sporting a shri This.
Speaker 1: Just sounds like this just sounds like they're probably I mean, there's a good chance they're both true, but it also just kind of sounds like they're both just one upping each other. He claims he has no money.
Speaker 2: You know, in California, you're not allowed to say any That's what irreconcilable difference is. You can't say, oh he uh, you know, he's having in fear with this person, or she's having any fear with this person, or he did this, he did that. You have to there's it's not a script. It's just that's the reason. And nobody gets into it. And you can't use it in court.
Speaker 1: I think you can't. I mean I could, Well, we'll see what how they're filing, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: He has nothing, no money to get any money. Just get the worst you can get, no money. They don't many kids.
Speaker 3: Celebrities are so insufferable, all right, I know, And we talk about this isn't really celebrity.
Speaker 2: This is the end. Then we're then we're gonna end this because then it's time to talk about Do you.
Speaker 3: Want to talk about the ghost hunter that dropped dead after the animal?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, okay, hold up, hold up, let me just say everyone dies. He's gonna die eventually, just because he died. Didn't mean it because of that. It was creepy. Yeah, and no, I would let that I would let that dolls stay in my room with I would too, Yeah, I would too. I'm not worried.
Speaker 2: There are two people that have died who have had the anibol.
Speaker 1: People die every day.
Speaker 2: The Annibal doll is remember the Annibal doll who sat in the person's office and may this person said the doll? This person years later murdered.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh my god. Years later. It's like there was like no correlation.
Speaker 2: Anyway. This doll I believe dolls have anyway.
Speaker 1: And you know that the.
Speaker 3: Annibal doll is not does not look like the Annabel do.
Speaker 1: It's a raggedy and dohl. It is the most like.
Speaker 2: But does he have the real one from the war?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, no, the the one that he does the tour on is the actual doll that animel was based off the raggedy end.
Speaker 1: It's the one that was dangerous. Why is it allowed out? It wasn't out? Why is it? But why is it allowed out? Their their spiritual fortress?
Speaker 2: Because are they gone now?
Speaker 1: Warrant?
Speaker 2: So maybe just to make money on a tours.
Speaker 1: You're you're making money off of death.
Speaker 2: People are into this.
Speaker 3: I can't wait to see the new conjuring movie me too.
Speaker 1: Oh it looks so good.
Speaker 2: What about the naked gun? Oh?
Speaker 1: I can't wait. I'm going. I am going day one.
Speaker 2: To see, especially if there's like like old school cameos in it.
Speaker 1: But I mean, like swear to god, that animal doll. I would let it stay at like sleep in my bed next to me too. Yeah, no, fear.
Speaker 2: That is a downright dirty lie.
Speaker 1: The annibal doll.
Speaker 2: Come on, hell, no, you would.
Speaker 1: I totally would. Come on, Well, guess what, it's just a doll.
Speaker 2: Do you want to be cremated or do you want to be buried?
Speaker 1: I think you want to cremate me, right, yeah, because if you bury me, I'll just get out and touch that thing.
Speaker 2: Ever there, I've seen it.
Speaker 1: It's so dangerous. Why don't they destroy it?
Speaker 2: There's another doll like that's like the sailor doll from like the nineteen hundreds, that's behind this glass that is in this museum. And the guy goes, anybody who's ever taken a picture of it through the glass. Something horrible has happened. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Things care you have a haunted doll in your garage? Oh right, yeah?
Speaker 2: Just not doing anything to me because there's a doll. Well, hey, maybe I won't be here tomorrow. You better feels so bad?
Speaker 1: Do you want to be cremated or buried?
Speaker 2: Oh? Cremated? You know what I want? I want to party.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, because I want to make you a jewelry. I want to be buried in a large above ground crypt.
Speaker 2: Oh that's actually badass.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I'd like to do? Yeah, on a big our property, like in the back.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about this for a second, because I think if we go before our son.
Speaker 2: Does yes, which I would like, which is uh, yeah.
Speaker 3: I think that you and I should have a stipulation where we go he takes us to a taxidermist and gets us stuffed. And here's why. Okay, it would be great for the car pooling for him. Yes, and he could just look at us whenever he wanted to be like.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't, but you know I wouldn't. I would get you in like this position. I would put you guys in suits of armors and you could be next to my door. Oh my god, that'd be amazing. And then if I if I want to do something funny, I'd flip open the visor. I'd be like, look, it's Laura and I'd throw stuff. Oh, that'd be sorry. I throw a popcorn from like across the room trying to get inside the visor.
Speaker 2: You would be like you would never sleep again. You would never sleep again.
Speaker 1: I'm not scared of these things.
Speaker 2: Oh, I will haunt that.
Speaker 1: I don't think you could oh easily.
Speaker 2: Oh, I think you would be magnipulative. I'm sneak and I'm impulsive. I'd be the worst.
Speaker 1: You'd be like, how the heck do I haunts like? I'd be like, I'm gonna throw this at him. Oh, I dropped it. Oh, I dropped it.
Speaker 2: I'm sneakier than that.
Speaker 1: She'd throw that stupid let boo boo at you. I don't think, I just can't.
Speaker 2: I'd place it on his on his chest.
Speaker 1: So when you woke up, be like, won't you make me breakfast? Use your ghost tartlet breakfast? Oh no, I'm want to wake up to the smell of coffee and vegan.
Speaker 2: Coming up next episode, It's Thursday, it's the start of comic Con. I'm gonna bust out my costume everybody, and we're gonna talk about would you rathers? And also another fun game we're gonna play it's gonna be fine. We're gonna final on Thursday.
Speaker 1: Fantastic, okay anything. I can't wait to see you.
Speaker 2: I'm so excited to see Oh my god. Anyway, Love your podcast. Thank you for listening. Love you, my sweet babies. I know I turn to you. I love you, I love you, I love you a lot, I love you more than that.
Speaker 1: I love you long time.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Love your podcast.
Speaker 2: Okay, keep the first