Speaker 1: By Billy Cunningham. The great American is, you may know, all health breaking loose, and for those who have a little bit of a weaker backbone, it may be quivering a bit about the election by Donald Trump, but yours truly is not. He's been saying this for years. He's implementing his own plan, and Vietnam is now going to dance to the Trump tuned I think Mexico will. Eventually all these countries will come around because we can't keep living like this in which our products are flowing not into other countries, but their products are coming into America. Of course, Kenneth Roposa is a great American. He's a seasoned business and foreign airfares reporter with more than twenty years experience stationed abroad as a reporter with the Wall Street Journal, etc. Been all over the world, knows where the bodies are buried. And ken joining us now is the same Kenneth Roposa, reporter and columnists for the Coalition for a Prosperous America. And Kenneth, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. So this Liberation Day was Tuesday, and since then all hell's breaking loose in the media. You can't watch it without hating what's going on, et cetera. But nonetheless, talk to the American people about the tariff policy. Say during the four years of Joe Biden, what Donald Trump promised and what's the impact is going to be. Tell us where things were before Trump took office.
Speaker 2: Okay, so before Trump took office. Let's go back to the early days. The origin story in twenty seventeen, right, that's when Trump put tafts on China, and the same guy said the same thing, the sky is falling. China's our biggest trading partner. It's going to be a disaster. They're going to risk, they're going to retaliate, they're going to kill American farmers. They're all going to go out of business. All all the story, the sky is always falling. None of that happened. Of course, farmers did get in trouble because Brazil China did put sort of a sanction on imports of American soybeans, which is the number one import for China. For the UYS says Goods, and then a few years then the uys's going had to subsidize them. A few years later, maybe two years later, China was back to buying American soybeans at record levels, you know. So that's what happened. Then then Trump leaves office and Biden comes in. Biden kept the China tariffs in place. In addition, last May, he increased tariffs on Chinese cars evs. In particular, he increased tariffs on Chinese semi semiconductors and Chinese solar from mainland China. So Biden kept the same policy as Trump, despite the fact that we keep hearing the media now and how it's how horrible it is. Of course, I understand that now this is a global thing, right, So now they're saying, yeah, but China was one thing. Now we have now we're tariffing the world. So that's that's that's the second part of the discussion. And I can get into that if you.
Speaker 1: Want, Okay, So, as far as are the tariffs tariffs have been employed by other nations on a regular base, is to keep our products out of Canada, out of Mexico, and out of China because those countries don't want our products there. They want to protect their own farmers, manufacturers, et cetera. And is the number about a trillion dollars a year trade deficit with the world that America is not open to these other markets, but their products come into do we lose about a trillion dollars a year in trade deficits at this point.
Speaker 2: You're close. It's a record breaking one point two trillion dollars now, and let me explain why that is.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 2: Some people will say, well, if Trump is so concerned about the trade deficit and wants to make things in the United States and manufactures domestically, the China traffs didn't work right. Well, the reason for that is because Chinese multinationals and Western multinationals that outsourced to China decided that they were going to make things in they were going to ship from Vietnam instead. And Southeast Asia are trade deficit with Vietnam, which is a poor country. Their currency is worth the price of a seashell at a gift shop in Cape card in the summertime, does not import a lot of the US goods. So our trade deficit, which with Vietnam is now our fourth largest. It's one hundred and thirty two billion dollars. Only China, the EU in Mexico has a greater trade depth surplus with the United States, so our deficit you know, I'm meaning you know, they have a surplus. We have a deficit. Vietnam is our fourth largest, so the China. So why why did our deficit rise despite these tariffs with China? Is because the multinationals that were sourcing from China they decided to source instead from Mexico and from Southeast Asia. So that's why, that's why the deficit rose during the tariff years on China. And now Trump is saying, well, We're going to hit the whole the whole world now and see what happens.
Speaker 1: Now, why is the market used the term it's it's almost in correction territory at this point, I think one or two of the markets as we speak, the Dow appears to be down in the range of about fourteen hundred dollars almost every day since since Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Monday. Is going to be bad. How come the markets is reacting so negatively.
Speaker 2: Well, the market always reacts negatively to these news on global trade disruption, right, right, And so of course you have I'm not going to really cry that a bunch of European and Japanese institutional fund managers are selling out and cashing in on all time highs, or that even American companies and investors are cashing out on all time highs and sitting in cash, or maybe they're buying let's look at this, maybe they're buying American treasury bonds and putting it in there instead, so treasury bond yields will decline, so interest rates will fall and the US government can refinance its debt at a lower rate. Debt now is what do we keep hearing? It's nine hundred billion dollars I think a year in interest payments alone, So you know, we have a big problem in this country. Trump also wants to use tariffs to raise revenue, so you could pay down the fiscal deficit. That's one option. Another thing would be to raise revenue to afford the permanency of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, which Trump signed his first term and expires next year. So you know, these these are these are all the reasons for the tariff. Now, if you want, there's two ways to look at tariffs. Right now, So what ad Trump announce on Liberation Day? So he announced the famous reciprocal tariff? Right, So, then you've got countries that have high rates of forty percent and some countries that have lower rates of ten. So from what I understand is that the reciprocal rate is based on whatever the trade deficit is with that country, and maybe also calculating something like non tariff barriers, and I want to get to insider baseball on what those are. Those reciprocal rates can be negotiable. So if you look at Vietnam at forty eight percent or whatever it is, that might be negotiated lower. Okay, but there's wanna be.
Speaker 3: A floor on that.
Speaker 2: There's going to be a floor. It's not gonna so you keep and I think the floor is ten percent because if you read the memo that yeah, they read the memo from the White House, this is gonna They call it an ad valorum tax of ten and then on top of that is an ad valorum reciprocal rate. Okay, So Trump cannot So you're hearing a lot of countries now, So we're gonna go to zero.
Speaker 4: You know, we're gonna we're gonna.
Speaker 2: Put zero tariffs. That's a de facto free trade deal that cannot happen. The United States is not gonna say, oh great, Argentina went to zero, so we're gonna go to zero. That's a de fact though free trade deal. Congress will and should get involved in something like that obviously, because that involves labor and environmental rules, and that's that's a whole of the ball game. That's that's not how it works. Congress has to be involved when it comes to free trade agreements. And so you're not gonna go zero to zero. And Trump cannot signal to the business community that he wants to invest in the United States like we saw a Hyundai do a week or two ago now with record breaking twenty one billion investment. You can't signal to the market in business community that we want to invest we want to make it attractive to invest in the United States manufacturing, we want to invest in medical manufacturing. And then on the other hand, say here's what we're going to do. We're going to provide some protection through tariffs. Oh guess what tariffs are coming off?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 2: You know you and I are not going to invest in that market because there's no stability, there's no surety. So he has to keep at least the ten percent tariff that will not come off that as non negotiable. What is going to be negotiable will be the reciprocal tariff rates. We might see them coming down over time, you know so, but he has to be firm on the tariff. That tariff has to has to be signal to the market in this community that if a country wants to go to zero, that's irrelevant. We're not going to zero. We're going We're going to ten.
Speaker 1: Now, one thing the media won't cover is the amount of new investment in the country. I watch everything that I can, including your friends in MSNBC. I watch that so you don't have to. And I'm hearing now that this is a this is an historical mistake. That you have individuals like Jim Kramer and others saying he's going to crash the economy. But on the other hand, when I watch other news outlets. You got Apple, you got a list of dozens of companies that have promised to insource all these manufacturing processes that in the past what was made in Mexico, especially communists read China. I kind of love the Canadians, but they've taken advantage of us for a long time. Two million American cars are made in Canada and shipped into here. Canada's maybe a different issue. There are friends but in China's case, they're making large numbers of electric evs in Mexico to the flood the market when the next time the Democrats take over and so do you buy into the fact that long term this is great for the economy, but there may be some short term pain.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, absolutely, I agree with that. The United States, the stock market, and the US consumer right, okay, and US political system in general thinks short term. Yes. At the same time, we always talk about our number one rival. Our number one rival isn't the French and the Germans. We don't even care about those guys anymore. Our number one rival other than you know, there are friends. Our number one rival economically speaking and politically speaking and in a geopolitical sense is China. China doesn't worry about what they're what the Shanghai Stock Exchange looks looks like right now. They don't worry about, you know, the fact that their biggest EV company you know, is in the red. They care about that. They care about the long term. They're saying, when you think what you brought up EV's they're saying, if the Western world, the biggest consumers in the world outside of China, is going to go EV. Well, I want to play in that market. I have a right. China has a right to have an auto industry. For praying out loud, do you know what I mean? The Koreans view, the Japanese do the Chinese certainly have a right to have one. And they're saying, if the West is going to go EV's, then that's what I'm going to put all of my money. I'm going to put all of my chips in the EV market. And so they have done that, and they have done it successfully. I will tell you the other day I was on a BBC program and during the commercial break, there was a commercial for a BYD which is a Chinese EV company. It was a commercial for their SUV. I don't know which model, but you know see those in the United States, you do see them in Europe in the UK. And yet at the same time you hear the Europeans constantly crying about their auto industry struggling because of all these cars coming in from coming in from China. Well, okay, well, I mean they can do something about it, or you know, or they or they can't. Then BMW and Mercedes and Volkslaga would just have to compete with Chinese evs, which is what the Western world wants to run on, especially in Europe, coming in by the trainload, and that's that's their prerogative, but that's not obviously what we want to do here in the United States.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, Joe Biden wasn't Joe Biden. He was mentally incompetent. We now know that from the books that have been written. But somebody around Joe Biden signed an auto pen and put tariffs on. We do not want the auto industry in this country to collapse, as this steel industry has collapsed. And so even Joe Biden chief of staff understood that the Chinese cannot build large plants in Mexico and flood the market with cheap evs and raise the price. Once we have destroyed auto plants and no more Forward and no more Salonis. Chrysler right now is a fe on entity and you have I'm a Chevy kind of a guy. But is Europe wondering what are we going to do? Because they are permitting into their country millions of Chinese evs to collapse domestic production and check up the price and put them out of business. The Chinese will say, Kenneth riposa. If it takes one thousand years, that's okay. We've never had an enemy in this country like communists Red China that are an economic power and building a military power. USSR Russia had missile technology. They were never economically a competitor of ours. We're in a death struggle, I think with the communist Red Chinese.
Speaker 2: Do you agree, well, absolutely, and if you want to get rid of the political side, you can make it very rational to to to people. So forget about all they're going to we're going to go to war with China. Forget all that sort of emotional argument. But what about this. China is a big economic power, obviously, but they're saying this still doing the same thing that the Americans have done for years. They're saying, see this country, see these countries in our neighborhood, Central Asia, Southeast Asia, maybe even Japan and South Korea. We're going to be Chinese corporate brands are going to be the ones that are sold here now. So in the future it's not going to be Microsoft Word or Amazon Cloud. That doesn't exist in China per se, but that's.
Speaker 6: Not going to be a market in Asia either. And then when the Chinese big you know, big bird there. I think it's called the Komak, right, the Beijing, the Boeing and Airbus competitor. Once that airplane starts becoming you know, more trustworthy, it's not just the Chinese that are going to buy that for transnational flights and you know, large regional flights. It's going to be the Vietnamese and maybe even the South Koreans that buy it. And that's going to eat into Boeing and Airbus, which own that market for decades. So this is an economic.
Speaker 2: Power that rivals no one other than the United States. But let me explain you one thing about about the tariff party, because this is what this is what we keep hearing all day long on the news that all the importers, of course, all the importers at Walmart and Target, right, they don't tell you that the big the big multinationals, right, they're going to pretend that can and you know, you and I have a widget factory and we have to import all the chemicals to make our widget, and now we can't, and so we're going to go out of business. Those are the guys that are going to Target, right, and they're gonna have us on TV and we're gonna sit there and cry. And I was a Trump supporter, and you know it's going to be a big, big service. But here's something that they don't tell you. There are a lot of companies out there, by the thousands, who have invested millions of dollars over the years, including recently, in factories. And if that factory can, let's say, make one hundred widgets a day, maybe it's only making fifty widgets a day or sixty. And the reason they're doing that after spending all that money on equipment, most of that equipment, by the way, imported from Europe or China or Japan, because we don't make those large capital goods equipments that much. They are laying people off and they're not producing it full capacity because of import penetration. Auto workers do this, said, this is why they're at Liberation Data. The United Auto Workers were there. Hey, we've got we've got factories that are idle. We're not making cars. So when you say, you know the importers are going to suffer, what about these guys I just described who have been suffering for decades and have gone on a business or have been laid off, you know, and in some parts of the country where treatments, drug treatment centers have opened up, you know instead, you know, so no one's ever really cried for these guys, and those are the guys now who you know. GM doesn't have to and GM doesn't have to build a new factory to make cars. They already have the factories in Indiana that instead of making let's say, four hundred thousand cars a year, they only make two hundred thousand because that same model is firing on all eight cylinders in Mexico factories.
Speaker 1: And when that changes, these factories can go to one hundred percent. It sounds to me, Kenneth Proposa, as if we're almost in an economic death struggle that we must win, and our attitude can't be what's the market on Friday, what's the market on Monday? How's it opening? It's got to be the long view, which Americans have difficulty doing. But the Chinese says, if it takes a thousand years, well, Kenneth, we got to run articles everywhere. Happy Liberation Day, America, Kenneth Riposa, and with a Coalition for Prosperous America, once again, thank you for coming on The Bill Cunningham Show and Kenneth, You've I got to steal backbone you do. I hope the American people also do. Kenneth once again, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. Thank you Kenneth, Thank you, God bless you all. Let's continue. The line becomes available five one, three, seven, four nine, seven thousand and a pound, seven hundred. Mike McConnell was gone. Tom Brenneman is a rising on News Radio seven hundred WLW. Hit the music, Dave Keaton, hit the music. There's nothing more constant in life than change. And this morning Mike McConnell bit a fond farewell to the millions and millions of fans he's had over the years, over the decades. Been here at this station for about thirty six thirty seven years all told in radio, fifty years for Mike McConnell. Started with Eddie Fingers in nineteen seventy five and a small Dayton radio station. Works his way to the top and beyond, and I wish him well. Fortunate. We're very fortunate to have Tom Brennhanman available and ready to go. And that's a big name in this market. Marty Brennan's name opened the door, but Tom Brenneman marched in proudly and established his own identity. He's going to start with us at five am on Monday. And you may recall right after he got out of Ohio University with Ken Brew, he worked here in sports during morning sports interviewed I think by nim Mack at the time, and he did sports reporting, got the Channel five. The rest is history as a fabulous broadcasting career, and he wants to come home, and he is home. Lives in the Merrymount area. Family's here see him around town quite a bit. Is a great feel for cruelty to animals and the SPCA. He raises a lot of money for them, plus other worthy causes. So it seems like when one steps down, another one steps up. When Gary Burbank left, guess what Eddie Fingers and the Rock and also Tracy Jones, And when Jim Scott went away, guess what, Here comes Mike McConnell. When Mike McConnell leaves, we got Tom Brenneman. So not bad. I'm not sure how many more superstars we have in the bullpen. I know there's a few. And when my time comes, I hope I can go out with the same class the Mike McConnell did. He was in production that that means voicing commercials in nineteen eighty four nineteen eighty five and Randy Michael's and Alan Gardner had recreated talk radio in this market and Randy also ran the station, acquired about four hundred stations of the process. So every now and then he couldn't do the show, and Mike McConnell stepped in and did the show along with Pat Barry for a while than by himself. And she always said the rest is history. And he told me last night in our telephone call that I related this morning on the air that really what's what he wants to do is that he wants to travel. As Jim Scott when he left here he wanted not to get up at three o'clock in the morning anymore. But Mike McConnell wants to go to Australia and New Zealand, wants to walk on the Great Wall of China, wants to spend time in Europe. Nothing wrong with that, fortunately or unfortunately yours. Truly, you have had enough traveling. I can't take it anymore. And my last trip, my last trip of my life away from Cincinnati, would be at the Whaling Wall in Jerusalem, at the Mount of Olives and going in the Masada and south of Israel up against the fence with Gaza, which I did about it almost two years ago. I can't believe it's May May of twenty three. And I like what I'm doing right now. And I've said many times in my life, I do not want to chase what I already have, which is peace and the good friends and good family and things of that character. And I am where I want to be. I am what I am. That's all that I am at some point at all end, which it does for everyone great and small. But nonetheless I've been blessed to walk with giants like Bob Trumpy, like Dale Somers the Truck and Bozo and Gary Burbank and Doc Wolf and Mike McConnell and Jim Scott. Walking with giants. I don't think any radio station the history of the world has the pedigree of this one that started more than one hundred years ago. And Hunterdon, I guess now we're a one hundred three years old nineteen twenty two, one hundred and three years old. And I guess the future is probably know. We have more listeners now than we've ever had, and that's a good thing because we've bought all the competition. Possibly, but it's a good thing. If you want to listen to what's happening in the world, If you want to know right now there's a market sell off going on. If you want to know right now from Brian Brian Combs or Jock Crumbley, what's happening with the flood happening a little in Great Miami and the Ohio River. If you want to speak and get on the set with me and let's talk only talk radio provides that I said in many times, in many places that talk radio will fail if and when people fail to communicate with each other. And I look at folks in the twenties and thirties. A lot of times they don't communicate with each other. They have these handheld devices instead of a direct communication. But I'm proud to be here. I don't want to go anywhere else. I just signed a four year contract extension. Of course, in contracts they don't mean much. They can pay me out and say goodbye. And if that's the case, so be it. But I'm the last, last standing, and God willing, and the creek doesn't rise, I'll be here for at least the next few years. That's all I can ask now. Secondly, I had a guest on, just had Ken Riposa on talking about tariffs. If you would think by watching the mainstream media, you know, garbage in, garbage out. If all you hear are the headlines and read and watch, you think America is about to enter a great depression, which it is not. Somehow, some way we're going to get through. This is going to be okay. The communist red Chinese say, if it takes a thousand years, we're going to win. And our attitude is, if it takes a weekend and we don't succeed, let's dump out some of the headlines that's causing panic and selling. Quote tariffs send Wall Street tumbling toward worst day in many years, New York Times. How about this one world leaders blast Trump tariffs. That's from ABC News. From the Washington Post headline, the false things Trump said about tariffs during his announcement about CNN, you can't watch CNN or MSNBC because you'd have to think the world is ending headline on the Chiron it's Donald Trump versus the world and the world will win, or the San Francisco Chronicle. Policies like Trump's gave us a great depression, and so I think we recognize and I think Donald Trump ran on this issue. I'm pretty sure he did of leveling the playing field with the so called partners America has. You don't have a partner that rips you off on a regular basis, what you might want to do is fire some of the partners. And there's no question that the trade imbalance between America and the world is accelerating, nazccelerating. One point two trillion dollars a year is the accumulated trade deficit between America and the world. About half of that is communist red China. They make their products, ship them here. We buy their products, goods and services. They have walls to keep our products from going to Canada or to Mexico or to China. Right now, there's two million cars made in Canada and there's no reason those cars can't be made here. And right now, Claudia Shinbaum, the president of Mexico, wants to strike a deal. In fact, you may know she was not included in these terrorfs shall I say Mexico was not? And it's because I believe that they're playing ball when it comes to immigration, which is an absolute incredible catastrophe that Joe Biden thrust it upon this country. Shall I say his staff thrust at it upon us. Joe Biden wouldn't competent. Now, the law of unintended consequences are clear that somehow Americans have got to have the patients to accept the things that cannot be changed. And I believe in my heart that Donald Trump knows he's on the right path, and as a consequence, he's on the right path. That means we have to have a little bit of patience just how things work out and the next three e six to nine months, we need the patience to accept that the fact that we elected this guy with a large margin in order to enact the policies that are now being enacted. As a consequence, there may be some minor difficulties along the way, but the fact of the matter is in the long run will be successful. America does not live in the long run. We live in the short run, and so it's going to take some time for this to work out, and many times Americans don't have the time. Several good things happening, and Ken Riposo mentioned it, and I mentioned it to you that Hyundai is going to make a one point five billion dollar investment in America. I see a headline from General Motors, who makes the great Silverado pickup truck, and they're saying here according to a press release here it is the major automaker. General Motors is adding several hundred temporary workers to maximize production at their light duty truck station in Fort Wayne, Indiana. The company told Fox Business this morning, quote, we continuously update and revised production schedules as part of our standard process of evaluating and aligning to manage vehicle inventory. This General Motors and Jim Banks Indiana Republican Center said today's announcement from General Motors, there's great news for Hoosiers. It wasn't even twenty four hours ago. President Trump's plan is already delivering for working families in Indiana in a big way. Plus, it looks as if there was an additional three hundred and fifty thousand jobs created in the month of March. You have Ford, how about this announcement Ford Motor company on Thursday, which is yesterday, announced that it would allow allow you car shoppers to buy its twenty twenty four to twenty five vehicles, including gas and electric and high powered at discount of prices. The automaker said. Hyundai is going to build that large plant in South Carolina, and Honda, which had planned to build its Civic hybrid Honda in Mexico, now says they're going to build it in America because of the twenty five to forty percent tariff. So if a vehicle costs twenty thousand dollars, a twenty five percent tariff would make that vehicle twenty five thousand dollars unless it's made in America. So it's working already, slowly but surely. Slowly, but surely it's working. That is that manufacturing companies, especially car companies, which is the key to a company country's economic success, are relocating in America. And if that continues, guess what it's going to be. These factories cannot be built in the next six months to a year, may take two years to build them. But you can see a lack of capacity is now being filled by General Motors, by and by Ford in order to ramp up production inside of America to save the consumer more money. And as my last guest said, essentially Europe is in serious, serious trouble. They have allowed the Japanese electrical EV I'm sorry, the Chinese EV makers to cause large numbers of products to enter their country at the expense of their own workers. Europe is a dying continent. It doesn't have a religious space anymore. Ethics, values, and morals are gone. They're being invaded by tens of millions of Muslims and Arabs, completely different attitudes about democracy. And now they've shut down the tariff walls. They lowered them, and right now it appears that China is flooding the European markets large numbers of evs at low prices to drive out of business European manufacturers and then once that has happened, jack up the price and trashed the European economy, which is in trouble anyway. In America, we were on the wrong path. Tariffs were used, by the way, by Joe Biden against China. There's all these clips floating around of Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer talking about how great tariffs are to protect American jobs. You have Bernie Sanders saying the same thing that when a Democrat was in office, the media stood down and let the tariffs take place against China or elsewhere. It was a good idea, but now that Donald Trump has done it, it's an awful idea. The same parties that want in Biden do not tariffs are now demanding that Donald Trump get rid of the tariffs, many of which Joe Biden started or shall I say his staff began it, because let's face it, Joe Biden couldn't have found his flabby white butt with both hands the last two years of his presidency. That's the name of that tune. And do you have the guts and determination to stick with a policy that long term is going to be great benefits for the country. I watched Jim Cramer this morning and he was going off on Donald Trump as if we don't have this issue solved by Monday or Tuesday, guess what, Monday or Tuesday we got to stop. What we're doing. Is that the correct economic policy to have. Absolutely not. But we live in an instant society with instant gratification. That is, if you got a headache, take a pill, got a diet, problem, take a shot, instant gratification, don't communicate with each other. And the other thing happening is that Americans don't the patients to accept the idea that economically we're we're at a crucial point in our history where either we have to bring back to America large factories and other companies that one oversees, and secondly, we must defend the American worker, and you do that by the judicious use of tariffs. And at this point, I think the ten percent tariff is going to be permanent, and it should be because America is fighting now for its economic existence and Shawn has come after us in many different ways. One is through the fentanyl crisis, in which they're killing one hundred thousand Americans every year, which is awful, and they continue to accelerate that. Secondly, they're flooding the market with cheap products to be purchased by US at Camar and other locations, made by Chinese hands, not American hands. And Thirdly, our educational institutions are miserably failing and properly telling the children of the future where America came from and how great we could be and should be. So I'm proud to have this president. I'm not going to change my attitudes toward him. It would take a lot. And at this point we have to stay the course. And Americans today generally are not built to stay the course. We're built to collapse. When Jim Kramer this morning said something must happen by Monday or Tuesday, Monday or Tuesday, the Chinese will tell you if it takes a thousand years, we will win. And Jim Kramer, seeing me see says by Monday or Tuesday, this all must be reversed. Really, do you buy into this garbage in, garbage out? When you see the alarmist headlines of the mainstream media, who wouldn't like Donald Trump at all? If he cured cancer, the mainstream media would say that's not enough. They're bought and paid for at this point, and all I can say is that I trust in Trump. When I have my Canadian friends get a hold of me and you're trying to crash the Canadian economy, I tell them back, no, not the Canadian economy. We're helping the American economy. Canada has got to do what's best for the Canadians and America, and must do what's best for the American people, and we've got one president for the first time in a long time that will do it and stay the course because it's the right one. I let's continue with more. After one o'clock today, we have a representative of Miam University to talk about the deal deal in which they've struck a deal which needs some explanation, and it will be given to us that Miam University is now the official university of the Cincinnati Bengals, joining one of the NFL's most exciting franchises as his educational partner. What in the heck does that mean? And later on after two o'clock we'll be Natasha Zuvez to talk about an incredible story, a little bit human interest story about a young man, nineteen year old, depressed, unhappy, that jumped off the Golden Gate Bridge, which is two hundred and twenty three feet off the cold waters of the Pacific, splashed at seventy five miles an hour, and he lived because of aquatic life that saved him. That's some time after at two o'clock today. According to this press release, the officially university of the Bengals is Miami. The students who have an exclusive opportunity to be involved with the Bengals through internships, job shadowing, on campus, speakers, and so many more. And we're gonna get more information about this from one of their executives sometime after one o'clock today, and then we continue to follow the weather and the stock market, and the High River may get as high as fifty six feet according to John Crumbley. We'll see what happens down the road. But it is time to be courageous and brave and don't be a coward to stand up for your country. So much of left wing media want America to fail, and I want America to be successful. Twelve fifty five Home of your Reds possibly scoring a run tonight on news radio seven hundred ww My Billy Cunningham, the Great American min University. It's just struck a deal with our Cincinnati Bengals, and that is to have various aspects. The official university of the Bengals will be Miami Accord. According to Gregory Crawford, who's the Miami president, said, this partnership is an excellent way to honor the legacy of Paul Brown, a legacy that has you noted at the Bengals in Miami University for many years, joining us in the studio as Vice President Andy dura Jaya, who's one of the characters, one of the personalities involved in this set up this deal. And mister vice President, welcome for the first time to the Bill Cunningham Show. And may I call you Andy.
Speaker 3: Andy's fine. Thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Tell me how the deal came together, because I always knew that the Brown family had a connection with Miami. But explain how the connection started and what it actually involves.
Speaker 7: Well, the connection started a long, long time ago with Paul Brown beg in nineteen thirty, graduate of Miami University, soeen thirty, nineteen thirty, So we can say that this deal has been in the works for about one hundred years. But the exciting thing about it was right now, we're going through a new strategic plan and one of the big focuses for us at the university is how do we better engage with the city of Cincinnati, How do we better gage with our urban core. How do we make sure that we show that Miami is committed to southwest Ohio in the amazing are happening here. One of the things people don't know is, but our largest alumni bas is right here in southwest Ohio. And so when you think about those institutions across Cincinnati that really make us who we are, what better one than the Bengals. So when we knew that the Bengals were looking for an educational partner, we said, well, the best institution in Cincinnati is Miami University, and that's.
Speaker 1: Your opinion.
Speaker 7: And I stand by that one. But bringing us together, we thought it just made sense. There were so many synergies. When you think about the Cradle of Coaches and the amazing coaches that have been here, we think about the Brown family legacy. It was just an opportunity for us to really expand what we're doing and really reinforce our commitment to the city.
Speaker 1: So it was this, did the Brown family come to you or Miami went to them? Because I knew the Cradle coach is a big deal. They have a couple of new members every five or six years, someone else goes in, which is fabulous, including that lousy coach of the of the of the Rams. I didn't like to see that. After the Super Bowl. Nonetheless, was it Bengal to you or did Miami go to the Bengals.
Speaker 3: It was a little bit of both.
Speaker 7: President Crawford has been going out and doing a lot of outreach with everyone, and so one of the things we found out is of the Bengals, we're looking to engage and partner with an educational institution. And so once we heard that, we had put the full court press on to make sure we could go down and start the engagement and early sell wy Miami was the best.
Speaker 3: Partner for them.
Speaker 1: Why not.
Speaker 3: You see, we're.
Speaker 7: Talking about excellence and we want to talk about the best institution of the area, and so, you know, I think it speaks for itself.
Speaker 1: All let's speak in the practical ay. Let's say September comes, the Bengals have their first game and I'm sure who they play get on the streets. What specific connection does it mean between Miami and the Bengals.
Speaker 3: Well, the biggest thing is about opportunities for our students.
Speaker 7: You know, one of the things we are encouraged is how we can promote experiential learning and so opportunities for our students to go out and learn why they're getting the education. And so as part of this partnership, students are gonna have a chance to take advantage of internships co ops. They're going to have an opportunity to go out and do job shotting with Bengals officials and employees. But they're also gonna have an opportunity to bring the Bengals to Oxford so they can come in and hold lectures and talk to our students and really give them an opportunity to understand what like what it's like to be in the NFL, working for a premier institution of premier organization and really build those connections. Another big piece about it, it helps us advertise who we are and the amazing things that we're doing in the stadium. And so I don't know if you were listening last year, but there was an announcement where they said someone's quart a touchdown at Miami University Field. Now it's not Miami University feel it's paid course stadium, but that show you that are advertising was there and even the folks broadcasting the game recognize it. So we're excited about that because we hope to see more opportunities for the advertising and to expand and more folks who know about the great things we're doing.
Speaker 1: What about those who might say, you know, universities should be so good they don't need to advertise, don't need to get to the market. I say, Coca Cola is a great product, why do they have to advertise? So why does Joseph Chevrolet need to advertise It's already a great product. How would you respond to those who say you shouldn't have to advertise?
Speaker 7: Well, I think when you look at where hied Chation is right now, we have to make sure that we're going out and engaging with all the partners. Gone on the days where we can just sit and rest on our laurels. I mean, Miami still is an excell institution. Recent data shows we are in the top ten for Fortune five hundred, Fortune five one hundred CEOs here in the United States. We have the number six ch leadership program in the entire world. So we're doing amazing things, but we have to make sure we're still going out to actively engage. We've got to make sure we're targeting those populations. I mean, right now, we're dealing with the fact where folks are questioning the value of higher education. They're questioning the value of college, and so we've got to make sure that we're going out and being in those communities to make sure they know a Miami degree is a great investment. It's still the strongest ROI in the state. And when you think about the economic impact that we're having. We got recent data that shows right now Miami and Lums have a three point one billion dollar economic impact in the state. And so that's something we've got to tell people. We've got to tell that story. So the advertising is important because it helps us tell our story and keep our story out in the forefront of people's minds.
Speaker 1: I mean, sitting here a long time dealing with the issues of education, very long time, maybe too long. And nonetheless, there's a perception that you don't need to go to college. In fact, there's a push Gott Sloan and others talk about the college of hard knocks get in one of the trades, which is great. And when I need my roof to be fixed, I want to go to a Continental roof and plumbing, I want to call Bob Jones elect I want to call it Craftsman Electric or whatever. So whatever it is. Argue the point that there are some kids that maybe should not go to college, but the great majority should, and so what's the differential of a parent, it's a college education worth it today as opposed to twenty five years ago.
Speaker 7: So I would unequivalently say a college education is still worth it. And so you know what I base it on is the return on investment. You know, right now there's a big push for trades, and I think there's definitely a need. We understand that we need to upscale, and we need to rescale our country because we need to make sure that we can serve all the needs. But you think about our talent pipeline, think about the industries that we're investing in. When you think about manufacturing, when you think about engineering, we think about air mobility in different areas, these are highly technical fields that need individuals highly technical skills. Yes, and so in order for us to be the country that we are to continue to thrive, we need to be able to build all and fill all areas of the talent pipeline. And so we need our trades, but we also need our higher level educated individuals to help do that work as well. I need it all, we need it out, We need our folks in healthcare. And so you know what, people we'll say we're questioning the value high education. I say to myself, and I think about think about the industries we're looking to attract. When those industries are looking to relocate to a location, the first thing they're looking for is what is the talent pipeline. We want to make sure Cincinnati, Ohio is the state where they come and say, we can get all of our talent pipeline needs right there. And so we're going to need folks at different educational levels to get there. And so I think one of the challenges we have is we've been pitted again in either or, and I think it's more and instead of an either or, because if we all work and we build up all these different pipelines, we just make our state even better.
Speaker 1: As far as making a decision now here, we are in March and April, and I'm thinking, Okay, school starts in about four or five months. How's the enrollment at Miami? How many, what percent apply, they get admitted, financial aid, that kind of stuff.
Speaker 7: So enrollment is looking really really good at Miami. We continue to see increases year over year. What I've heard recently in conversations is that this most soon to be incoming class will be large than the last. And we're run up against the situation where can we even house all the students. So that's a good problem to have. That's exciting to hear about that as well. You know, when you think about things about the quality of our class, one of the things that has been a consistent theme is the quality of the students.
Speaker 3: Every year gets better.
Speaker 7: I can't remember the most recent data, but I think our average GPA of our incoming class is about three point eighty five. And so when you think about that, these are the best of the best, the cream of the crop, and so that's really really exciting.
Speaker 3: So they continue to do well.
Speaker 7: You know, when you think about things like selectivity, we continue to see great numbers. I mean our nursing program as an example, is the most selective program at Miami University, where we're getting almost four thousand applications for one hundred and fifty slots, and so.
Speaker 1: You can't outsource nursing.
Speaker 3: Well, we can't outsource nursing four thousand.
Speaker 1: You have how many spots about one hundred and fifty slots and you get four thousand apply.
Speaker 7: Applications and so but that's just an example of the reputation of Miami. The great work we're doing and how we're bringing those folks in, so you know, we are trending in the right direction.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 7: The other thing that's exciting is we just announced the beginning of a new strategic plan, Miami Thrive. We're looking how we really position the institution for the future UH and making sure that we cannot only serve the students of today udnes up tomorrow, and so we're excited about that. A lot of great things coming out of that park, that strategic plan as well, and so things are really really good in Miami right now.
Speaker 1: As far as what's coming out of high school, I read constantly how especially urban districts are under stressed, under pressure, and I look at what happened in Doan's Community High School. You're in Butler County, but I was sad for the kids. Definitely, so many fall from grace. All of us aren't three point nine GPAs I was a two point two at Deer Park High School. It took me a while to kind of get in the right direction, and so I have empathy for those who are late starters twenty twenty five, maybe a thirty year old that says, you know what, I want to go back, and what do you say to a kid in an urban area of Dayton, Cincinnati, Columbus, Lexington that their eyes aren't looking in the right direction and they get out of high school and they start doing a few things they shouldn't be doing. And I want to make sure that our higher educational institution, especially in Ohio, look after children and kids that's you know, on the wrong track, they need help, remedial work. What does Miami have not for the three point nine from Zaytan from Saint X. What about the kid from Dones Community School or aChn or U's what about Hamilton City of Hamilton schools? How do those kids fit in the future.
Speaker 7: So, you know, I love that you asked that question, because what I would say is we have something for everyone. You know, I'll use Hamilton City as an example, and so they're one of our closest partners. A couple of years we started a program with Hamilton City call our Early College Academy, and the idea is that we were taking these low income students, these first generation students, these students that didn't meet your traditional college profile, and giving them a chance to start taking courses at Miami.
Speaker 3: While they were in high school.
Speaker 7: The amazing thing about that is when you see the success of those students are blown away. Just in a couple of weeks, I get to shake their hands as they walk across the stage, graduating with an associate's degree at the same time they graduated high school. But also they've done this at no cost. And so when you start to think about pathways and pipelines to higher education, it's got multiple different start points, and we recognize that different students are going to be in different places.
Speaker 3: Our goal is to.
Speaker 7: Make sure we can meet where you are on your journey, and so programs like that. You know, when you think about some of the things we're doing in the workforce space, again, some of our adult learners, people who maybe had some college, no degree or never did it, said it wasn't for them. We're developing programs so they can start and really move forward, so they can get that career uptick or they can upskill themselves. And so Miami is extremely committed to make sure that we are not just you know, this is not a knock on st X, but our three eight st X kids. We're looking to say, who are doing communities, kids who are at Deer Park High School. You know Deer Park for sure. I actually coached a little league football and we played at Deer Park, and I told all of them, they want to come to Miami.
Speaker 1: Harry Yagey Field right there. Consecrated term we did. We're kind of an elite ast kind of a guy. Right, I'm thinking about Deer Park, I'm thinking about Dones, I'm thinking about Hamilton City Schools. Those kids, you made it to the top of the ladder. How about bending over and pulling somebody up.
Speaker 7: We're doing that and those are our closest partners. And so it's really exciting about that. I will tell you a story because you mentioned that. So if you know about New Miami School District and so New Miami very low income school, you're shocking the Hamilton area. We looked at some of their college going rates. It was numbers that you couldn't imagine. We started a program of New Miami just three years ago and right now they're graduating class. We've increased their college going rate by forty percent. And that's what I mean about.
Speaker 1: Miami, which is not good, which is which the perception of some, which is perception of some.
Speaker 7: But we think they're great partners and they're doing great things. But we'll also so as their students are excelling. So we're excited about that. So when you talk about pulling people up, we're fully committed to that. We've been doing it, we want to continue to do it. We're excited because again, one of the things we know when you talk about the success of Miami a lumps is that once you graduate from Miami, you are a Miami alum and all the benefits that come with and we want to get more folks into that pipeline so they can take advantage of it as well.
Speaker 1: How many start I reached statistics and I don't know about Miami, but it takes about five to six years to graduate. It's expensive. Give me at Miami the how long does it take to graduate and what are the expenses?
Speaker 3: So I'll tell you this.
Speaker 7: We are actually one of the top ten in the country for graduate four year graduation rate and so you know, one of the challenges we do with right now is when you look at higher education at four year stitutions, they evaluate graduation rate by six years, and so most of the college degree programs almost all have a four year pathway. And so we are still committed to that. Our students are still graduating in four years, and so that's the exciting piece because you don't have those sunk opportunity costs. You're not paying for additional semesters, you're not taking out more loans or a different student financial aid. When you get there, we get you through and we get you to your career. So we're really excited about that. And so our numbers show that we continue to do extremely well for your graduation in retention rate and all those different student success metrics that really lead to excellence and higher education.
Speaker 1: So, if you want to spend the money, how much is it a year to go to Miami if you're.
Speaker 3: On our regional campuses.
Speaker 7: I think our current salary, our current tuition right now is about seven thousand. On our Oxford campus, I think the current tuition is about sixteen thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Is that semester a year year? So you can go to community college Miami for about seven thousand dollars.
Speaker 7: You can go to the regional campuses which offer four year degrees, so not community college, but actually the four year degrees seven thousand years, seven thousand, live at home, work, do whatever, everything whatever are the kids so I were. I don't worry about guys like you. I worry about kids that take a while to get things some moving.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 7: I will tell you when I came to Miami, I came as the regional dean, So I was over the campus that served those kids you're talking about. And we've seen amazing numbers from them, amazing progress, and we're fully committed to them. Some of our biggest investments we're making coming around how we can support those populations and get them into the workforce as well.
Speaker 1: Lastly, what about this stuff a DEI big issue politically? Your friends, your Republicans, the Mike Dewines, some of the leaders at the House in the Senate have cracked down on universities of using race as a motivating factor or a determination factor. And so the argument by some is that great universities are changing and from DEI to something else, we'll call it something something else. I love helping out, but not based upon race. There's more poor white kids in America than poor black kids, and so help people that are poor is what I'd be all about. How does Miami handle the DEI fights going on in Columbus.
Speaker 7: In Washington, I think what Miami does is we just stay true to our mission of saying, hey, if you get to Miami, we're gonna hear supports you, whatever you look like, whatever your background is. I mean, one of the things we know about the data at Miami, if you look at our demographics, we don't have any huge shifts versus one population another. We still have been very consistent who we are. We make sure once the students on our campus, we're supporting them, and so you know, we want to make sure that we always compliant with the laws. We want to make sure that anything we're doing is not outside of that. We also want to make sure that we are supportive of all the students that come to our campus. And so you know, we don't use race as a contributing factor, but we do want to build community for whoever the student is because one of the things we know is if a student has a good experience, they're going to be the best advertising for someone coming at building that pipeline and continue to make Miami the great institution that it is.
Speaker 1: Well, lastly, what happened with Miami and the n T Because I'm told by Jen Motley and others that Miami beat Kent Kent. It's Kent, right, it Kent, yes, not Kent State anymore. You beat them three times, but the powers that be said Miami wasn't good enough to get to the knit, but the team you beat three times was good enough. Your reaction, well.
Speaker 7: They didn't do that good in the tournament, so obviously they made them. Like Travis Steele, I like coach Neel is doing a great job. I think he is going to lead us in a great direction, and we're really excited about the future of the basketball team.
Speaker 1: You have any questions for me about sports, politics, world capitals, maybe a difficult mathematical formulation, something about Miami or.
Speaker 7: You know, history. I can help you with no, but I do want to thank you for having me here. I'm excited about the show a lot.
Speaker 1: I like to do with the little things off beat. Oka say, hey, when I saw this story about the Bengals hooking up with Miami, I said, what's that about? And essentially it's about getting the Miami message out, but also maybe shadowing Joe Burrow getting with Jamar Chase.
Speaker 3: Well, my kids would love it, like a shadow Joe Burrow.
Speaker 7: I don't know if I don't know if it's in the card for me, but it would be really exciting and I'd actually raise my hand for that one as well.
Speaker 1: So the Cradle of Coaches, well, you have one more entry some point in the future, the present head coach of Miami University. And what about that.
Speaker 7: I think Coach Martin has done a phenomenal job recently he became the winningest coach in Miami history.
Speaker 3: So really excited about that.
Speaker 7: And I think we'd like him to be with us and for a long long time. And so I think he definitely is going to be a worthy inductive that created the coaches at some point in the future. At some point in the future.
Speaker 1: So if you want to apply to Miami, you could be a seg man and go to Miami satellite campuses, go off somewhere, get some remedial English, kind of get your skills up, and then away you go for for the elite from Saint Axent, for the kids from Doones. You're saying, Miami is the place to get, Miami is the place to be. What's the website if people want to get ahold of you?
Speaker 7: If you go to www. Miami h dot eed U and we have all the information.
Speaker 1: There, Jaya, is that correct? Ja A, Andy, you're the vice president. You're kind of like the Mike Pinch. You're kind of like the JD Vance of Miami, something like that. A thanks for coming. I wanted to highlight this because it is a good success success story, and I wish you nothing but the best, except when you play Xavier and.
Speaker 3: Some Thank you. I appreciate you having me.
Speaker 1: One twenty five home of your Bengals and Reds when they score a run tonight on news ready seven WLW.
Speaker 5: And now waiting higher top the stands here at cross the field, ready to give you a.
Speaker 8: Last look at the last baseball.
Speaker 1: Activity of nineteen forty.
Speaker 5: Here in the home of the new.
Speaker 8: World Champions of Baseball is five Elson ticket, Rob.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much, red ball fans.
Speaker 8: Jeelet has brought you the whole package, right from the very first.
Speaker 5: Pitch the first game of this World Series here at Cincinnati seven days ago, right now to the dressing rooms of the new World's Champions, the Cincinnata Reds, and to the losers.
Speaker 8: The Detroit Tigers.
Speaker 1: And I'm sure that.
Speaker 5: You fans, baseball fans appreciated the things they said just as much as I did listening through the earphones here high up in our mutual boot. And so ends Jellett's broadcast of the nineteen forty Hello, Hello, quiet, I'm Scots.
Speaker 1: I'm broadcasting bone segment. Here's the big question, if you're prepared, Yeah, it's been since nineteen sixty since the major league team has lost three games in a row consecutive scores of one zip, one zip, one zip. Correct. If the Reds lose tonight, one zip again, well that's set the old time record of ineptitude, I would say, so, yes, that'll be it. Yeah, you know the Philadelphias, they at least they made the record books. Who was president, by the way in nineteen sixty when Gene mock led the Philadelphia Phillies to nothing nineteen sixty would be Dwight Eisenhower. You're not as stupid as people think. So the South Dearborn middle school students in the room gave me that answer, gave me the answer. Yeah, how about this question? What's the square root of eighty one nine?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: You're asking Oh, I thought you were asking them. I don't know about that, but I didn't know you knew that. I have no idea what it is. Who's this? Eighty One's not a NASCAR number, So don't ask me who's the Attorney General of the United States of America, Pam Bondi. The kids are giving you all the answers, Yes they are. They're very, very smart out there in Indiana. You're telling you, Harry Mchun is smarter than you think. Yep, all right, go ahead, Sake will He the stooge reporters of proud Service. Every local tame Star heating and air conditioning dealers Tamestar quality you can feel in Cincinnati called Sheldon Braun at Brown Heating at five one, three, three eighty five seventy seven sixty five smarts. We want to thank Lear's Prime Market during lent and season for their lunch today. Willie Hot and Crispy Fish sandwiches with that homemade tartar sauce is absolutely delicious, gorgeous. Let's see Deluxe Deli located in beautiful downtown Milford, the home of the Eagles, Learsprime dot Com, Lears Prime always cut above and those Red Legs Willy, they have nine hits over their last twenty six innings. The Reds have gone nine for eighty six with a putrid one to four batting average, runners in scoring position zero zero zero. Niclodolo pitched into the seventh inning and yet another great pitching effort wasted. That's four in a row, now unbelievable. They'll tryad it tonight with Nick Martinez six to ten, Sports Talk seven to ten, Hardell Carriers Inside Pitch, then the Kelsey Chevrolet Xtra Inning Show after the game. The Bearcats season came to an end last night. Willie in the quarterfinals of the College Basketball Crown Tourney. They fall to UCF eighty eight to eighty. You see look terrible, well defensive wise, I guess the late ten to nothing run in the last two minutes. You see again forgot to play a defense. So the Bearcats end up nineteen and sixteen. Good and now it's a portal time to see who goes and stays for Wes Miller. What about Fizzle James is a jizzl a Fizzle Jizzle? I don't know, Fizzle, what's he gonna?
Speaker 3: I don't know?
Speaker 1: They're twin brothers. What about the Hoosiers? What about the Hoosiers? The Ohio State got a seven footer out of Stanford, I believe a few minutes ago the portal what about seven foot better do it? Matt McClain turned down from the reds an extension flurry? Can you comment on that at all?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Please continue. NCAA update brought to you by a c R gun eyed Pools and Spas. Call today swim this year you better uh call swim right now called Frank. He's running a special women's final four today, willie Texas and South Carolina and then Yukon battles Ucla on Fox Sports thirteen sixty. Who'd you liking that matchup? I'll go with South Carolina and Yukon. I bet you hot fut Sunday. I will take by the way Yukon. But in the other matchup, didn't Yukon play Ucla?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And then South Carolina plays Texas As. I just said I'll take the long Horns and I'll give you the game Cocks. Final four for the men tomorrow openers Florida and Auburn, Gators and War Eagle. I like the War Eagle. What do you say? I might go with the Gators? All right? Done?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: I'll bet you'll hot fut Sunday? Houston and Duke. I like Duke. I'll go with the Cougars. What if Duke could keep that team together for three more years? How good would they be? They'll get a lot of rings. It'd be impregnable. The NIT Championship last night went to Chattanooga beating UC Irvine eighty five eighty four. Guy hit a jumper with eleven seconds ago in ot to win it. And Lacody east Grad Bash Wheeland is a member of the Chattanooga NIT champions. He scored nine points in the game last night. What's his name, Bash Wheeland? I changed my name if I could. Let's see. Also last night, back to baseball, l Cody east Grad, the Hayden singer got his first Major League hit for the New York Mets. It was a double in their game last night. So congratulations that young man. MLS Socks and MLS tomorrow night Williams Soccer FC Cincinnati hosting New England seven o'clock, fifteen thirty. See what else is going on? Always say happy anniversary today to at WKRC Local twelve seventy six years young today broadcasting television. Aren't you here for the sign off of Mike McConnell was here this morning Willie for Mike McConnell. Fifty years in broadcasting came to an end at nine o'clock this morning, and Mike's going to enjoy a happy retirement. You know how much money Matt McClain turned down, and he was hurt all last year, didn't play correct. They wanted to extend him and he did not entertain the extension. Can you comment on that please? Oh, well, if you don't play I mean well, I don't know, I mean how much? How much he turned down? Well, this article doesn't really skip numbers. They're talking about the outfielder nine years, one hundred and thirty five million. The speculation is they dangled one hundred million dollars in front of Matt McClain on a seven year contract extension, and Maut McClain said no to one hundred million dollars. Segment, would you say no to one hundred million? No, I'd sign it. I cut my finger and sign it in blood. You don't have any ink. Let me cut my finger. And I'm thinking I don't think anybody in this room would do it if they want you guys turned down one hundred million. Yes, they all said yes, huh, thank you, no, thank you? Can you say back home and in the end? Can anyone sing around any of the choir? Any and you can sing? Well, come on over here to the microphone. Let's hear what you can you? What song can you sing? What about back home and in the end or something like that? You sing like gospel? That's good? What's your name? Andrew? You want to sing a couple of stanzas of gospel music? She has the lyrics over there? Carry me cue the teacher? You got like an It doesn't work. They're talking to each other. He gave me, they gave me, They get rid of right, He's good. Now one more thing segment. I said to you with Elie dela Cruise? Did I not that they're going to offer m a hundred million dollars? And what happened?
Speaker 3: They did?
Speaker 1: And what happened? He signed Elie dela Cruise? I think no, Oh, he didn't know. Well, Matt McLean was signed either.
Speaker 3: What's going well?
Speaker 1: I mean, what if you were offered one hundred mil? What would you do? I just told you I'd signed it with anything, no question about it. Right to me, pen, I'd say, I don't know what to say or do it's not good. You would turn down a hundred millions? Absolutely, I cannot be bought for that kind of money. Segment, I'd be boy, what about it? What are you going to hold out from more? Out for more dough ray in than me? Well, what happens to McClean gets hurt again? Well, what if he gets hurt and has no value? Just said one hundred million dollars? What would you do? Well, they've already what, they've already extended Hunter Green right right? What about they haven't done anything with Lodolo? No? No, what about Andrew Abbott? No with Hams this year yet? Matt McClain an Abbot pitch is Sunday and Louisville. He turned down an extension, Matt McClain, and then he got Ellie Day La Cruz. They gonna pay for everything, a billion dollars the Ridge gonna pay, yes versus what the Bengels did. Yes, dollar Cruz could sign for the Bengals for a billion dollars? Couldn't he and play football and baseball?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 1: Wasn't it any more? Wide receivers on anymore? It only got one football just a few flight segment? Is that in sports?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 1: We want to thank again Carrie McCown for bringing in the south dearborn middle school eighth graders. She has to get out of here now because the crik is rising. I'm gonna get out here soon. Pa Hell's gonna break this great You gotta get across the bridge. Only get across the bridge. Reports too late segment, Get me out of the Steward's report? Will he and houtter of a rainy day here in the tri State. We leave you with the immortal words of the stew Report.
Speaker 5: And now waiting high top the stands, here it cross the field, ready to give you a last look at the last baseball activity of nineteen forty here in the home of the new World Champions.
Speaker 8: Of Baseball, Hit five.
Speaker 3: Up and take it back?
Speaker 1: Will that ever happened in your lifetime, my lifetime, or the lifetime of these brilliant eighth graders? When will it happen? Segment? Well, you know who that was. That was Marty Brenneman nineteen forty. That was a young Marty Brenham has an aged a bit. It looks he's a good friend of Red Barber's too. But Marty started here I think in nineteen thirty nine. That's correct, and that's forty. And then they didn't go back till sixty one with Jim O'Toole right, then went back in seventy seventy two, finally got a right in seventy five, seventy six, and ninety. Well we see another World Series victory segment before our days when this earth they're done, and his Super Bowl and the Xavier Musketary is winning the national title NCAA.
Speaker 5: Mister Cosley, owner of the Cincinnati Balla here he is.
Speaker 8: I can hardly talk.
Speaker 1: I don't know what to say.
Speaker 3: I'm so.
Speaker 9: This whole thing and so delighted with the ball club, and they wanted the hard way, but they did a swell job, thank you very.
Speaker 5: Much with the cosway. I can tell by the way you hold my hand on the microphone at you.
Speaker 1: I've never heard his voice of you. Powell Crossley, the founder right here of the Big One nineteen forty started this station in nineteen twenty two from College Hill.
Speaker 3: YEP.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable, Andy mckz segment, Thank you very much. Let's continue with more on News Radio seven hundred WLW. All right, I may not have heard his voices before, but the voice of Palell Crossley. He is the creator of really Radio and this station and to hear his voice in nineteen forty is really one of those things. And Dave Abbott is the main creator of that, along with Matt Reeves, who saved so many things lost to history. Now, secondly, coming up after two o'clock today, I have Natasha Zuvez will be here from News Nation. Normally it's all talk about the tariffs, about Trump, about politics, about TDA, etc. But she's doing a story on her podcast about a nineteen year old young man who was shall we say, committing suicide. His goal was to jump off the Golden Gate Bridge, which he did, and as far as his survival, the story is truly an unbelievable story of salvation and perhaps the hand of God Almighty that saved this young man's life. But until then, I note, with interest to the story, I'm running the inquiry right now written by Gordon witten Meyer about the Reds being aggressive to sign their major stars, that being Dela Cruz and Matt McClain for example. And of course the problem difficulty with Dela Cruz is that he is represented by Scott Borris, who's extremely difficult. But when word got out, according to this article, in the inquiry from Gordon Wittenmeyer, that McClain had switched agents and fired Scott Boris, the Reds saw an opportunity to tie down Matt McClain for a long period of time. Because Scott Boris has said repeatedly that Dela Cruz may be America's first one billion dollar baseball player. He will be here through the twenty twenty nine season, so it's a ways off. But nonetheless, the fact that he fired Scott Boris and switched agents was a good sign about maybe dealing with Matt McClain. And he said that the new agent is Greg Gensky, and Varner Sports are now hailing the business relationships for Matt McClain. And so the Reds general manager approached the agent for Matt McClain saying, would you be interested in a contract extension? And I was told by a little birdie a few weeks ago that the Reds wanted to sign Dela Cruz and McClain to long term deals in the six to eight year range or longer, based upon the economics of the whole thing. And according to this story, Matt McClain said on Thursday yesterday. Quote it was a short conversation. It just did not line up quote unquote, but McClain did say he's opened to discussions about an extension. A handful of Reds players were approached last year for a two year extension, namely Jose Trevino and a couple others, and they said yes. But general manager Brad Mehta said that they've approached their stars to sign extensions without success. As you know, many of the Major league teams have signed players like Jackson Merrill or Red Sox rookie Christian Campbell signed an eight year, sixty million dollar contract a rookie eight year sixty million which was about seven and a half million a year. In Arizona State Veterans second baseman Kettel Marte signed seven years, one hundred and seventeen million. So the Reds are extremely I've been trying to sign these players, especially the key to the Red Light success like Hunter Green, but at this point they don't want to sign. And so if somebody would dangle with that kind of money in front of you or I, having not played last year at all, Matt McClain, I'd be very open to a discussion that would buy out five, six or seven years. But that's not the way baseball is configure today. So let's continue with more if the line becomes available five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand, and Dave tells me, Dave Keaton tells me, we have one or two more cuts of Pal Crosley in his own words from nineteen forty when the Reds beat the Tigers in the World Series. They lost to nineteen thirty nine to the Yankees. Do not go back to sixty one, do not win it until seventy five. Let's continue with more two o'clock flooding in the market, all on news Radio seven hundred WLW, Cincinnati, Bill Cunningham, the great American, of course, his nation as the source. I use pot often for objective news and coverages of one type or another. And Natasha Zuvez is one of their great reporters. She's a broadcaster. She's also three times won Emmy Awards for independent journalism and things of that character, et cetera. And of course many issues are percolating, including what's happening with the tariffs, and what's happening with trent To Ragua, TDA, et cetera. But in addition to that, Natasha has a new podcast out called Truth of the Matter, and there's a fantastic story posted relative to a Golden gate Bridge suicide that resulted in the attempted suicide not occurring, and Natasha Zuvez once again, Welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show. Natasha tell us the story because I know San Francisco's Golden gate Bridge is this side of just so many suicides, persons that have lost any reason to live. So tell the American people about this, about this person that jumped off the bridge and survived.
Speaker 4: Bill. It's an incredible story. It's great to be on with you again, and it's posted right now. As you said on the podcast, The Truth of the Matter. This is a man by the name of Kevin Him and he was nineteen years old when he said at the time he thought he was his family's greatest burden. He thought he was youth. Of course, nothing could have been further from the truth.
Speaker 3: He was so loved.
Speaker 4: But he headed to the Golden gate Bridge like far too many others, with the intention to die by suicide that day. And he says, you know, his dad could sense something was wrong that morning, but he hit it all. He told his daughter he was fine, and you know, his dad dropped him off at City College in San Francisco, and Kevin says he remembers thinking, as my dad drove away us, the last time I'll ever see someone I love, and that's the last time anybody I love will ever see me. But he truly thought the world and his family would be better off without him. He made a pact with himself, bill which Kevin says he's now an advocate who has helped thousands and thousands of people who grapple with mental health issues. He says he made a pact like people often do who are making these kinds of plans, and he said, if one person says, are you okay? Is something wrong? Or can I help you? I was going to tell them everything and beg them to help me. And so he took the bus he withdrew from his classes, took the bus openly crying on the way to the bridge. Nineteen year old kid. He spends forty minutes on the bridge, tears streaming down his face, and then one person finally approaches him, a tourist, he says, with curly blonde hair. She smiles at him, and says, will you take my picture? He takes her photo and catapults off the bridge, and that's just where the story begins built because he's overcome with overwhelming regrets the moment he does this. He follows two hundred and twenty three feet likely hits the water at seventy five miles an hour. It's like hitting concrete going in a car, a three to four second fall. And as he's falling, all he's thinking is what have I just done? I don't want to die, God, please save me. And he hits the water and Bill what happens next? Even for me, someone who's been in the business a while and done some grizzly investigations, I couldn't believe it until we found the proof.
Speaker 1: What is well? First of all, before we get to the prove, Natasha, give us a little bit of the social history of Kevin Hines nineteen years old. So many young Americans today appear to be lost, hard to get work, hard to find work, difficult to go to college, live in their parents' basement, live in their parents' house, difficult era. Well, what led him to the point of jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he suffered from mental health issues for sure. But you know, he talked about something today which I think is so important, which is he said, we are so disconnected from one another. You know, he was a young kid when this happened. Everybody is on their phones now, and this happened even before smartphones took over. But he was like, we need to just look up at one another these days. I mean you could. You could be on a bus going all the way to the Golden Gate Bridge year old and I've keep photos of him at that time. Bill. He looks like a kid, he looks like a little boy and openly crying, and not a single person would look up from their phone these days and notice that anything is going on. We need the social network, the community. The fabric is broken. And you are right, we are in a situation today. We're increasing and the mental health has never been worse among our young people. They are sucked into their phones early. There are so many social issues, you know, the microplastics in their brain. Honestly, the list goes on. It's a hard time to be a young person in this country. And we all should be worried about the mental health of our children.
Speaker 1: No question. And I can't tell you how many stories they hear about parents and their children that go to college, they drop out. They go to college, they get out, they can't find jobs commensurate what they perceived to be their skills. And we have fentanyl, we have marijuana uses you biquit as. So many young men, especially are on their phone for porn. They live in some fantasy world without developing relationships with girls and women. They also have gambling problems. You can bet on the next play, you can bet on ping pong in Ecuador. I saw this one story. You can bet on ping pong in Ecuador, who's going to win the next point? And you live in some fantasy land and it's completely unaddressed. We don't have a system to help mental health, especially young men and young women and girls. And when you say that when he was falling, he had consciousness, Oh my god, what have I done? It relates back to me when I had a distant family member who sadly committed a suicide, shot himself in the head, and then his significant other wasn't his wife. His significant other looked in his eyes and he would he could hear him almost say what have I done? And he did this to punish her. And he's dying and he wants to live the same thing as Kevin hines. All right, so he's falling seventy five miles an hour, it's two hundred and twenty two story building? Is what he into the cold, throlling waters of the Pacific Ocean. What happened as he was falling? What happened is he hit?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Wow, what a poignant story. Thank you for sharing that. You know, what is incredible about him is how many people do not survive an attempt like this, especially jumping off of the Golden gate Bridge. How many of them? Bill had thoughts like this, overwhelming regret. I don't want to die, God, please save me. What have I done? And Kevin is actually able to tell us this tale. But he hits the water. His back is broken, He's an excruciating pain. He starts to sink because he's wearing heavy boots, a heavy jacket. He says, three miracles saved him that day. We go into all three of them. They're extraordinary. On the podcast, I'm going to tell you about just one of them today for time. He says, something below him start circling in the water and nudging him upwards. Because he was thinking wow, and finally it supported him like a table under the water for a minute. I stayed with him until the coast guard got there. What when I first heard this tale? I met Kevin as a journalist in San Francisco eight years ago. Actually was the first time I met him. I was like, we need proof. Now we found it. There was a man who was on the bridge that day who watched this happen. And you know, Kevin expresses regret today for all of the people's hee traumatized who were on the bridge that day who watched this kid vault over the railing and fall into the water. A man who was standing on the bridge, he was in another state now confirmed to me that he watched what happened and saw a sea lion save Kevin in the water. And then I spoke to the coast guard and they said a separate individual came to the station later that day and logged an account inquiring after the young man they saw jump off the bridge, saying, the most extraordinary thing happened as sea lion circled this boy and stayed with him and wouldn't let him sink. And finally I found and spoke with the coast Guard officer who pulled him from the water that day, an incredible man by the name of Marcus Butler, and in his four years serving as a US Coast Guard at Station Golden Gate, out there, he pulled fifty seven bodies from the water bill and just one live man. You can imagine. As soon as I said, do you remember Kevin, he said, yeah, he's the only man I pulled live from the water. And he said that what many people don't realize is that people often do not die on impacts when they fall off the bridge because it's an agonizing way to go. And he has not been able to shake these body recovery missions. He still has nightmares about it. He said, it's the stuff from horror movies that you see out there on water. But he says he arrived, he was like he's swimming, he's swimming, and the lights which went off. In his mind, he's not a body with free This is a rescue that was a miracle. And he says that animals were always scared off by the sound the boat's make, so he didn't see the sea lion by the time he'd pulled right alongside this boy. But he said it makes total sense to me because I remember thinking, how on earth is this? Is this young man lying on the surface of the water like a table. He's wearing long sleeves, close pants, heavy boots. He can't swim through stuff like that, He's injured. Why is he lying like this? Why is he lying perfectly still on the surface of the water and waiting for me to get there. That is Kevin Hines's story, at least part of it, the rest of it. As I said, on the Truth of the Matter, he says us the gifts to be here every day, and he still lives with these chronic thoughts that dog him. It's not over. There has been no cure. He says, he will never die by suicide today, and he has dedicated his whole life to sharing his story. So let others know. It's overwhelming regrets on the other side, and help is available. People can as I know you definitely want to get out there, text to call nine eight eight. Help is always available.
Speaker 1: Tholf, All right, so this story's incredible, it's unbelievable, But your credibility as a journalist is unimpeachable. So you're saying, Natasha Zuvez of Truth of the matter. Also News Nation that a sea lion bob underneath them to hold his body up below the Golden Gate bridge before help arrived. That's what actually occurred.
Speaker 4: That's what actually occurred. According to two separate witnesses who saw it that day. They believe in animal likely a sea lion. It is possible that it was a dolphin because I also go to a Marina expert and from that far up she says, they look identical. But two separate people said of sea circled him, stayed with him, held him a lost, held him like a table under the water for minutes until the coast guard got there. He would not have survived without it.
Speaker 1: Uh. One might ask how is he doing his relationship with his family, relationship with his dad? Did the underlying problems that caused this attempt at suicide? Have they been solved? Are they better? Are they definitely is getting help?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: How did think?
Speaker 4: That's a good question. Yeah, it's that's a good question. And this is so important, Bill. No, the underlying problems have not been solved, and that's important. He will live with mental health struggles for the rest of his life, but he is determined to live with them. And I think that's really important because so many of us, and far too many of our youth struggle. The issue is not the struggle that he is resourced now and he knows what to do. His relationship with his father has completely bloomed after this. In the podcast, he doesn'tee an incredible account that his father, his father, his strong dad who rarely shows emotion, break down and cry in the hospital as he approached his bed after this attempt, and Kevin says he never could have seen the life that was waiting for him, his dad being the best man at his wedding, the incredible speech that he gave. He has met the love of his life, who is his biggest support, and now they go all around the country. They are asked to speak to large groups both law enforcement, government, you know, senators, congressman as well as young people to share the story and share this account. This struggle will never be over for him, but he says he will never die by suicide.
Speaker 1: Well, and the story that I had years ago of this guy who shot himself in the head to punish his significant other for X and then he's dying and is looking as I was, what have I done? I love you I'm sorry, and so he had the time, and I guess Kevin Hines had the time. They live, one live, one didn't live. But that is some aspect of suicide which is so final that just before consciousness is lost that many times the individual who's committing suicide is very sorry they did it. So you're saying, in Kevin Hines's case, as his body is falling and flailing from two hundred and twenty three feet a twenty two story building and he hits slack, hitting water is like hitting concrete, And in those moments of consciousness, he had such regret a three.
Speaker 4: Or four second and it's feared in his brain the most cogent of thoughts, What have I done? I don't want to die, God, please save me. And he hits the water. It's incredible that he's able, almost from the other side, to be able to tell us that so many people cannot Natasha.
Speaker 1: Is this a religious moment? Is this proof of God's existence or simply evidence thereof or simply a serendipitous event where a passing sea lion decided to save somebody?
Speaker 4: What is it? Who can answer that question? I can tell you this episode just went live yesterday and all of the comments say God sent that sea lion, and who am I to disabuse anyone of that notion? I believe it all right.
Speaker 1: More of the stories at Truth of the Matter of the podcast, Natasha and Zuvez, we had planned to talk about all the big issues today, about the tariffs and about more illegals committing acts of Mayhem, and the fact that TDA is split into two groups. But when we started down this path doesn't give us enough time to deal with the other ones. But I guess I wish Kevin Hines, I do. I wish Kevin Hines and his family. Well, he's one in a million, one in several thousand. No human being can survive the fall he did for a particular reason. Hopefully his life will be led differently.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: Have you, maybe in five or ten years check with him and see how's he doing. What has he done with the time given to him.
Speaker 4: He's already done so much, And absolutely I will, Bill, thank you. I hope people check it out, the Truth of the Matter, And of course you know I'll see everyone on these nations for one weekend starting at seven Eastern. Bill. It's always a pleasure. Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Thank you. And for those who need help you hit nine eight eight. Explain how that came about, because that's why we have to hit area codes now. But nine eight eight, how how much time? How many lives?
Speaker 4: It's so important, I mean so yeah. Before it was a cumbersome process and you know, siloed by different areas. It's so simple now literally call or text nine eight eight from your phone. Help is always available Mental health and suicide lifeline. That is the message today. It is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. And Kevin him, you know, attests to that absolutely.
Speaker 1: All right, Natasha, thank you very much, great work, and thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Natasha, Thank you Bill.
Speaker 1: All right, let's continue with more Wow nine eight eight, help is always available. And in moments just before your eyes shut, men you commit suicide, have that look saying what have I done to myself? What I've done to my family? All right, let's continue, Bill Cunningham News Radio seven hundred WLW. Here is a Pinky Higgins coming out of the.
Speaker 5: Shower right now. Pinky, you've had a tremendous third day so far doing your World Series, and all baseball has Grid in your very busy and successful activity down there. Have you seen these series as a whole. Well, it's been a very fine series. Thank you, And of course I might have had a pretty good series, but it's always better to win. If we had to get beat, I'm glad to see to say that it was the Cincinnati Reds or fine bunch of fellows. Manager mckechne's a fine manager, and it's just too bad.
Speaker 8: We both can't win. Well, that's the way it always is in a tough series.
Speaker 1: Thinking thank you now o.
Speaker 5: Hell, hello, Piet, and I'm scos I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 1: God Rock. Earlier we played the words and not just Red but Barbara, but Powell Crosley himself. Have you heard the words of Powell Crossley?
Speaker 5: I have now mister Crosley, owner of the Cincinnati ball Club.
Speaker 3: Here you is.
Speaker 9: I can hardly talk. I don't know what to say. I'm so excited about this whole thing and so delighted with the ball club that they wanted the hard way but did a swell job.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much for Cosley. I can tell by the way you hold my hand on the microphone at.
Speaker 1: You are we joining a parallel to Mike McConnell. Is that what we're going this morning? He said, you were there, you were he did a swell job. You were good radio. You were here segment. Yes, I was.
Speaker 10: You know, I talked to you in the in the hallway there and I was talking about you know how great that was because everybody's coming in coming out. He said, that's how it always used to be around here. People come in and come out, come in.
Speaker 1: Nobody's saying like this show, brother, Now that's about all the time. Dray Ratliffe was live and he provided an unbelievable breakfast for everybody. You brought in lots of food. Is that which made everybody happy?
Speaker 3: Myself?
Speaker 10: And did the company get him like a cake or like a like a partying gift?
Speaker 1: When's the gold watch? You get a gold watch or something? They hadn't done something right right? Sorry he was He went out in the blaze of glory. Willie the yid Man was here. Jennifer ketch Mark was on the scene live, his UH and Lisa was here, uh, his UH, a daughter daughter Magan with Paul Diner Junior and their two daughters, his grandkids. And it was a beer. Dave was here. I heard beer, Dave so and uh then uh was here? Yep, he was here. So Russ Russ Man, Russ Russ the answer, Buss was here. He knows everything, if you don't doubt and ask him, he knows everything. Russ Jackson. Amen had some characters in this place. Would you agree slightly? And you're one of them? Rocking out kind of normal? You're not normal sake, That's true.
Speaker 3: It's a good things sake.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know now you walk in and walk out there it is. Matt McClain turned down proposals for a long term contract extension. So why do you do that?
Speaker 10: Choices are A wasn't enough money or B he doesn't see a long term future of winning.
Speaker 1: Games here in Cincinnati. Segment your reaction to that? Will he the student reporters of proud service of your local Temepstar Heating air conditioning dealers temp Star quality you could feel in Cincinnati called Stacey Heating and Air Solutions five one, three, three six seven h E A T. Spots Thank you, Roxy, Nick Martinez and Tyler Alexander Tonight, Willie Reds and Brewers continue things in Milwaukee. When will it happen? I mean score a run? Yeah, it's been They haven't scored now in twenty five innings, the six major league team in MLB history to lose three straight by one nothing, the last one with the Philadelphia Phillies in May of nineteen sixty. The Reds during this stretch are hitting a putrid one oh four A team in today's baseball. You think in eighty one out someone would just happen to catch one and send it over the wall, right, I just have to know not this group. I mean, I mean, the odds are more likely that would happen.
Speaker 10: Somebody just swings out of their shoes one time, it just happens to connecting.
Speaker 1: The ball goes over left field. What happens if this continues for the next several months and they don't score well? The all time record, I think something like eighty eight early. It's early. It's early, giving up No. Six ten Sports Talk, seven to ten RNL carriers Inside Pitch and then Kelsey Chevrolet Extra Ding Show after the game. Maybe Tonight's the night Rock. Tonight is the night I scores. Who do you think it's going to be rock? Like knock him McLean, McClean will go yard, I say, Elie Daala Cruz.
Speaker 3: Who you think?
Speaker 1: Who's your Who's Shake? Frayley Jake the Snake.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 1: NCAA tournament update brought to you by E.
Speaker 4: C R.
Speaker 1: Gunn Eyed Pools and Spas call today swim this year. Carl Frankie's running a special women's semi finals today. That's seven Texas and South Carolina. Then Yu Kon and UC l A. Is that Mick Cronin's team, No, it's the ladies Action on Fox Sports thirteen sixty. Men's National Semifinals tomorrow Florida and Auburn, Houston and Duke at three on Fox Sports thirteen sixty. According to the Columbus Dispatch, Mike Brown is worth four billion dollars. Your comments on that?
Speaker 10: Are they gonna move? They don't get the stadium deal they want, They're gonna move.
Speaker 1: Did you hear Katie Blackburn yesterday kinda said that, you know, if somebody will want us, is that negotiation? There is that reality? I can't say. Chattanooga wins the NIT Championship Willie last night beating a UC Irvine by a point. Lakody east Grad, Bash Wheeland is on that Chattanooga team of the NIT champions Congratulations that young man and back to baseball. Another Lakody East grad, Hayden Singer, got his first Major League hit for the New York Mets last night in a double and he can play for the Reds. So congratulations, did he hit. He's got a head hit, he can hit, then let's sign him up. MLS action borrow night. That New England Revolution in town to battle our Orange and Blue at seven on ESPN fifteen thirty. Bring a Schnorkel. Cyclones in action tonight their third last game of the season against Kalamazoo and Harrison is their problems with the Little Miami and or the great Man.
Speaker 3: Talking about it?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean you're heading over the bridge to get to work today, it's high. What do you when we're I mean one t get covered with water?
Speaker 3: What do you do?
Speaker 1: And it's gonna run, I know, more and more and more, and you can do a lot of those fis have houses right there on the river. Ohio River's gonna get the sixty feet. Imagine all this water and that's headed down to Mississippi totly moly andus was it seventy nine feet in nineteen ninety five and nineteen thirty six, Well, thirty seven flood was unbelievable. I think seventy nine feet. I mean all the downtown was under Rossy Field everything. It was up through Fifth Street, Downtown Cincin ninety through Fifth. Yeah, that's that's a live action there. Don't want to get in the way of that water.
Speaker 10: How much did it have to rain? It's gonna rain. It's rained all day to day, all day tomorrow, all day Sunday. It's gonna get the sixty. How much did it have to rain to get the would you say it's eight you got it? You gotta go another twenty feet.
Speaker 1: It's a lot. And they didn't have locks and all that stuff back in the good old days, but they had them in the mid nineteen nineties and they got Yeah. I think it got close to the all time right yep, snow melting. It's just in another week of this. Wou'd be at any feature not good, not good. We'd be able to fish outside the plaza outs. No one has to cut their grass this weekend. I doubt it's going you're not commenting on Matt McClain. What do you think turned down multi year multi Was there not enough money or does he not see a long term and looking at age one hundred million. Now, if he's any good, he's that's three or four hundred million he left on the table and he got rid of agent. Scott Borass, Marty's favorite roll. Then you know you gotta what are they going to do with Lodolo? What about Habit? What about e Eed or Ellie Da la Cruz? When coming one billion dollars? He's got to play here through twenty twenty nine. That's a while, but he's before they have to do anything. Well, he's the Reds have him. It's through twenty twenty nine. So but he goes in and then McLean. All of them make a lot of money.
Speaker 5: Rock.
Speaker 1: Do you think next year they'll do Ellie Well?
Speaker 10: Depends on the strike and should they not take a page from the Bengals book and get it done earlier rather than later.
Speaker 1: But Scott bass one agree he wants a billion dollar player. He wants Ellie to make a billion.
Speaker 10: That's the problem the Asians get involved in making about themselves instead of the player where they supposedly work for forty million dollars for Scott Borass, Marty Brenhaman's favorite right there, Yeah, Marney loves that guy.
Speaker 1: I don't know. We'll see what happens.
Speaker 10: I see a lot of chaos. I love chaos. You're here in the right place. Look city, right, a country right now, Look at the market.
Speaker 1: More than two thousand segment is a day traders getting cold. The Reds could be facing Daila, Cruz and McLean like the Bengals faced Higgins and Chase one and five down the road, don't know. And then who's the third man into booth like Trey Hendrickson. Who's the third man to get the Red Lakes? They haven't sent and played yet, but it's pretty good. And then you got Hunter Green maybe in about more years. Once another extent, What about ce S can he plays.
Speaker 3: At the pan?
Speaker 1: All these guys, we haven't scored a running three other games? Guys got to pay these guys? What what I can't score? And how about the last ten series with the brew Crew? The Reds have lost eighty percent of the time. Walk from Paul Crowsley again that swell there were swell fellas. I gotta day just before two wins Cincinnata. Swell guys, Swell guys. I don't know what to tell you. At least the Reds are trying, Bengals are trying. Are the Bengals leaving? Is that what you're saying, Rock, No, I'm not saying that at all. Crazy Mike Brown's worth six billion dollars. You just said, Well, he just made a franchise to work. You still got to He was four billions seven minutes ago, just made to seven billion.
Speaker 10: Oh okay, I think it would be a huge mistake if if the Bengals did that.
Speaker 1: He says that he loves the Bengals. You got to go to a town where like you're loved, you know, and if you go to some you know, big shot towns, yeah, they don't. Ain't gonna care about the Bengals through thick and thin. If one thing, Cincinnatians have proven they are with the Bengals through thick and thin. There's a lot of thin, not much thick, and they're still hanging in there. And you can't overlook that if you are a ownership member, that the Brown family is grossly benefited from the from the least agreement, they'll past thirty years, say that some benefits and right now it's up and they got to decide in the next couple of months, here by June thirtieth, they have to extend it for two years a year from then, so that's three years. And in the meantime the stadium keeps getting in worse shape. And I don't know the problem here between the commissioners and the Brown family is they don't trust each other. If one size says something, the other side doesn't trust him. Our government, we don't trust him. In Seguary right now it's down twenty one hundred points. The segment is ready to plunge out of the market and give up your four oh one k, which is now a three on one K. Well, I think the guy that ought to be the great emancipator between Hamilton County Commissioners me and the Bengals, Me about the magic man. You'll get the great American down there. Chance, lock the door, Chance and have at it. Chance, Lucan, Brendan call and Charlie Lucan, that's your hour. Well you could go with you and then either you're you're part of the triumphant down it's cracking a few heads. Katie and Denise street House.
Speaker 10: One of the Bengals call a Davy and go build a multiplex stadium.
Speaker 1: Situation in Warren County. According to certain individuals, the Brown family is not in the real estate development business. They're in the football business. Unlike Jimmy Haslim and wanted to go south, right, they don't want to have condos and apartments and strip centers and strip clubs. They don't want that. No, they want to They're in the football business. Stay in your lane, and they want to play football day. So we'll see what happens. But Katy Blackburn should not have said we're gonna move, and that essentially she's saying we're gonna move.
Speaker 10: What did what did Casolini get in trouble for saying a couple of years ago? Right, everyone lost her mind and Katy said the same thing.
Speaker 1: Some of segment's rich friends tell me, there's the Art Modell law that you have to first offer the franchise to locals or fair market value whatever that is.
Speaker 10: Is that what you and John Barrett get together, five billion dollars, five team.
Speaker 1: Get the Magic Man, Justice Joe, get Joe Dieters involved, get them all to have him sell off the in this tournament and all that take the money from that Bobby bangs, Let's go. I just solve a problem.
Speaker 8: Right here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. I talked to a commissioner yesterday, and they don't trust each other. If Katie says something, they don't believe and if they see something, the Brown family doesn't believe them. And I'm just as horrified about it as everybody else horrified. Could be the guy, what's on the Big You have two pair of glasses in front of you?
Speaker 3: What is I mean? You only one? Don't you?
Speaker 1: What is that there? Kid time, mister magoo? Somebody left these two pair here? And guess what? They're in my satchel right now? It saves me ten dollars ninety five cents of Walgreens. You're gonna need it because you're.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 1: It doesn't look good right now. You gotta hang in there. I think those other ones are McConnell's, are they They're staying here.
Speaker 3: He's left, he's gone.
Speaker 10: He's gone, taking all his stuff gone, but he left anything here.
Speaker 1: He'll be gone by five o'clock. DA works around here. If you can find George Bush introducing Marty Brenneman in the archives, What's on the Big Show today?
Speaker 10: Uh, normal Friday. We got skinny right out of the gate. We've got John Matee at three forty five. We got Dave Hatter at four, and we've got a good discussion topic at five o'clock. Movies that were either ruined or almost ruined by a bad character.
Speaker 1: Of all Animal elector that was actually a really good character. It was pretty good. I like that guy. I didn't like the buffalo. Bill Rivers name was. Here comes Matt Reese, who said race coming in with a three pages of weather. We got a Christis stock Market flood.
Speaker 10: Matt, take the one with all that rain on, take that back and bring the one in that says Sunshine revised.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Andy four and Sonny of the Chin Yeah, and the Spinner and Jennifer catch Mark, all right, segment, give me out of the student's report. Please will you in auto the rain and stay dry out there all weekend? We leave you with the immortal words of the stud driport.
Speaker 3: See Highay patrol again next week.
Speaker 9: Until then, remember breakfast driving doesn't determine who's right, only who's left.
Speaker 3: This is Roderick Crawford saying, see you next week.
Speaker 1: I will see what happens to. Mark continues to tumble araka you questioning your resolve for Donald Trump at this moment, segment, what about you that fast? I will stand firm and Trump I trust, I trust the logic behind it. Will it work out? I don't know, but the logic is sound. But it's the same tariffs used by Biden. And I've seen the clips of Nancy Pelosi talking about tariffing China. I've seen the cuts of Bernie Sanders talking about tariffs against Mexico and Canada. But now all of a sudden, Trump doesn't he guess what? Yeah, that's terrible. That's an awful idea. I mean, just in theory.
Speaker 10: If you sold candles right, and you wanted to sell them in Indiana and they charge you two hundred percent.
Speaker 1: To do you say that, I'm going to screw here. We can't keep can't keep this up.
Speaker 3: You have to do something about.
Speaker 1: Segment says you can. Is that correct? I didn't say anything.
Speaker 10: How many Fords and Chevrolets do you see drive around in Japan?
Speaker 1: None?
Speaker 10: Korea, don't let them in Germany can't get there, none, can't get them.
Speaker 1: Can't get them, but their cars here. Absolutely, it's got to stop. By the way, the market's only down nineteen hundred and ninety five points, right, now gained a little bit since we've been talking here, talking it up on news radio seven hundred WLW