Speaker 1: Now, this segment right her is brought to you by Andrews American Pizza Kitchen, voted best pizzeria in all of DFW by readers of the Dallas Morning News. There's only one location, and it's in Plano, Texas. It's at Preston and Plano Parkway. It is delicious, obviously, readers of the DMN said it's the best in town. If you're a true foodie, go find out why everyone's raving about Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen in Plano. All right, here's what's coming up before we get out of here today. We're gonna take it all the way to six o'clock. Skin's gonna take a yacht rock quiz. Dude, it's hard to stump Skin. He loves yacht rock too. He's gonna take a quiz. Let's see if we can stump him in the big finish in the suck Zone. John Mulaney, we have a fight update from him. He's wanting to fight three teenage boys simultaneously.
Speaker 2: At five point fifteen.
Speaker 1: In the weekly Weekday Update, five of the fastest growing cities in the US are right here in DFW.
Speaker 2: Can you guess which ones they? Are, but right now, it's step for this.
Speaker 3: I love doing food news in the five o'clock hour. It's kind of getting hungry a little bit. Everyone's had a good, hard work week this week. You can feel you all driving home from work right now and you're I'm hungry.
Speaker 1: I think that's presumptive. I think a lot of people work from home and never took sweats off.
Speaker 4: What am I gonna have tonight?
Speaker 3: There's a good article in the Dallas Morning News from our friend Sarah Blaskovic. She's the senior food reporter, but doesn't mean she's a senior. She looks way younger than sixty five, exactly. Been saying it all the time. And her article is headline five favorite classic burger joints in Dallas Fort Worth. We like him greasy, cheesy and cook just right. All right, Look, I was telling you this. It's not a classic yet because it's new Burger. Schmirger's number one burger in town. I'll fight anyone who wants to come at me.
Speaker 2: I'll fight you. I think easy Slider's the best. Now is a slider? Does it count within the same category?
Speaker 1: It is a baby burger, and that is a really tough question, and I totally feel like rational bill about it. Okay, well, what if you were talking about the greatest taco joints. And by the way, why doesn't someone do this, come up with slighter tacos? They do, any tacos they have them? No? No, no at uh. And I actually was going to bring this up as an example. At Haywire they have those many Elk tacos.
Speaker 2: They're incredible.
Speaker 1: And a lot of really high end places have the little lady bitty sushi ones. You know, they are finger foods, finger to finger tacos.
Speaker 3: Yeah, either way, you can say that these classics start on this list. Place I've never been. Let's go to rock Wall, Texas. I have been to Rockwall. I haven't been in this burger place I've been.
Speaker 1: I already know Boots Burgers been there. I think it's been there for like fifty years. Dude, I get hungry. Let's go to Boots.
Speaker 4: Dude.
Speaker 2: It's near the old downtown.
Speaker 4: Oh, I can't believe I've never heard of it Before's the new downtown.
Speaker 1: Well, well, I'm just saying that downtown. So I my mom is from Rockwall and my grandparents grew up on Valley Drive. Like, not even a quarter of a mile from the downtown. Every Texas town's downtown is a courthouse. I would walk there and they had a seven eleven so I could get slurpies. They had a barber shop that I would go sweep up in front of free labor. And then Boots had been there forever. I mean, does it say in the article how long it's been there?
Speaker 3: Okay, so it says boots opening year was probably nineteen sixty eight, but the family doesn't even know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's been there for a long time. I don't really know.
Speaker 2: I would like that they don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I probably would have guessed earlier than that. It says we get older, it's harder to remember. Please bear with us on this matter as we think about it. Okay, Clarien never heard of it, Mooney like it. I'm going to Rockwall right now to get a boot Burger. We have a lot of support in rock Wall. Yeah, we've had a huge outpoint. Barbecue's glore there. Specifically, people love coming out and letting us haunt giant jeeps. It's because they got Lake Gray Hubbard and there's a lot of boats and hose.
Speaker 3: A place I've seen a lot, don't think I've ever been there. There's one in Addison, there's one in East Dallas, there's one in University Parks.
Speaker 2: Let's go Burger House. Let's go.
Speaker 1: That is my favorite Dallas burger ever.
Speaker 4: Nineteen fifty one when it opened Jack's.
Speaker 2: Is it garlic salt? What a garlic salt? That's the thing. If you don't like the garlic salt, you're out. But it is.
Speaker 1: It is really good though, Jack's original burger House.
Speaker 3: And they put the awkwardly titled cumin in it as well. Uh, it's always spelled spelled very strange.
Speaker 1: It's if you like that taste, it is so damn good. You just don't want the chef to wink at you. Yeah, it feels like a place you'd go in. You're like, I'm kind of hungry for lunch, and then you see a youth soccer team in there, and you're like, oh, yeah, go somewhere else.
Speaker 2: Now, Why that's a good thing. I mean, he doesn't like noise.
Speaker 4: Oh didn't feel chaotic?
Speaker 2: You just want to our dogs go too?
Speaker 3: Why do you have to bring the dogs with It's already a chaotic event.
Speaker 2: Let's get some dogs marking. He's right, okay, East Dallas.
Speaker 3: I've always heard of this place. On their billboard it says root beer Hamburgers. The place is called Darriette. Oh I've never been, nineteen fifty six slinging greasy burgers and ice cold root beers.
Speaker 2: Bad ass.
Speaker 1: I like old cold beer man. Oh oh, it's so good when it hits your lips. People that brought up dairy Yette to us when we've talked about what is the best burger in DFW, Oh.
Speaker 2: Wow, there it is, right off Ferguson.
Speaker 4: Okay, I meant to give the shot some time.
Speaker 2: I going to go there on the way to rock Wall.
Speaker 4: Keller's Hamburgers in Dallas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's so good. On there, it's so good.
Speaker 4: You all know the drill.
Speaker 2: Toothless waitress on roller skates. Is that what it is? Or what is it? It's there's usually a weird.
Speaker 4: Okay, the roller skate thing, I haven't seen that.
Speaker 2: It's not roller skates, but it's like.
Speaker 4: Cigarette hanging out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's called Keller's because everyone that works there is blind.
Speaker 2: And deaf. Yeah.
Speaker 4: She had to repeat your order a couple of times too.
Speaker 2: It's a great burger. But it's also a whole experience just people watching.
Speaker 1: By the way, the other day, my son challenged the validity of the existence of Helen Keller.
Speaker 2: Man, we're so doomed. Yeah, he was like, come on, man, she was blind and deaf that how do they know that she can do anything?
Speaker 3: Lastly, Fort Worth Kincaid's is the place. Yeah I always heard this one. Yeah, nineteen forty six a guy named Chaz Kincaid.
Speaker 1: Jazz I had to keep that quiet to be successful. Good to get him on the show. Everybody raves about that place. All right, there you go. Good job, Kevin. Local burgers that are undefeated and have been for a long ass time.
Speaker 2: Good good stuff, all right.
Speaker 1: Coming up in just over three minutes, five of the fastest growing cities in the United States are here in Dallas Fort Worth. What are they? We'll tell you in just over three minutes. Next right here on the Eagle