Speaker 1: Ben and Skin Show ninety one point one The Eagle, Thank you for hanging out with us today. We've got a lot of fun stuff coming up here in the back half of the show. I love the Ben and Skin wayback machine. KT's got something in honor of the Masters, a funny throwback Bane and Skin. If you've never heard it, I bet you can imagine what that is. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 2: And now it's time for Bass week Day Up Day, featuring veteran news anchor KT fun tweets. Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 3: City of Dallas is about to get its own Ikea that would get add to one in Frisco. There's one Grand Prairie Rock Wall's got one opening in spring of twenty twenty six. But Dallas is gonna get one at the shops at Park Lane.
Speaker 2: Oh no, wow, Oh it's horrible, which seems like a traffic problem.
Speaker 1: Is the shops at Park Lane, the one that's on the east side of the highway. Yeah, we're like that bowling alley and all that stuff is yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, but where that Dick Sporting good is Dick's Sporting Goods and across the way from Northport Mall.
Speaker 2: Across the highway, it's already a traffic problem. Yeah, oh my god, so is it going in that?
Speaker 4: I'm trying to imagine where it's going. What's there currently?
Speaker 1: There's a ton of stuff there. Yeah, I know, I'm just shot. But it's all super congested and super dense. So I'm like, where the hell does an Ikea go?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 4: I yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I I think about Ikea the same way I think about BUCkies. I think it just overwhelms people because of the size, Like the size of it is so huge, and people are like, oh my god, this must be good. But you go and it's just it's kind of a bunch of furniture made out of balsa wood that you got to put together yourself, right, Yeah, I can't wait to be frustrated building this cheap furniture.
Speaker 3: Dude, we're putting something together the night and they sent a screw in the package that did not have the divot in it for the screwdriver h to send it back or do I just go to Low's on my own and get the things. I can tell you what's at the shops at Park Laye in a second. But but I want to be clear about something here.
Speaker 2: This one is going to be sixty three.
Speaker 3: Thousand square feet, so it was that half the size, I would say, not half. The one in Frisco is nearly three hundred thousand square Okay, so about a fifth the size.
Speaker 4: Of that one.
Speaker 3: Here's my problem with Ikeia those none of the stuff about that or something back. It's have you seen the signs for the exit? They make you walk through the store.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, they send you through the conveyor belt. Oh, it's like a corn maze to get out of there. It's the exit through the gift shop mentality. They force you to exit through something so that you buy more stuff.
Speaker 2: But honestly, it just becomes a tumultuous walk.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: At that point it's like hiking.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Look, oh my god, I think I just went around the store three times.
Speaker 3: You start dehydratingicking in all the while there's also there's always a lot of people in there. You feel this thing in you to not break the order of things because I know I'm always going No, I can get to the exit if I just cut through here. But you feel like you have to stay with the order of things for some reason.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, they've got they've got security guards with numb chucks.
Speaker 4: It's crazy cut at all. They will take you.
Speaker 3: Out so ike uh eah uh will join the shops at Parks Lane with things like.
Speaker 2: Bowling barrel.
Speaker 1: That's a cool That's what I was talking about bowling there. I cannot visualize where this is going.
Speaker 3: Holy crap. They have a Champ Sports there. I mean there's Champs in years. Wow, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: I would go to Champs.
Speaker 4: I know that brand is taken off with young people. Champs has yeah, oh wow, retro brand.
Speaker 3: Okay, Nostalgia's back baby, uh Cava, Chipotle, dog Topia, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's a place for dog got home goods in there.
Speaker 1: You do bring up an interesting question, what's the deal with grapevine? No, Grand Prairie, Grand Prairie, Grand Prairie. Grand Prairie is huge.
Speaker 4: Grand Prairie for.
Speaker 1: The longest time was considered to just be a giant warehouse district. And suddenly they're getting stuff.
Speaker 2: It's because they're large.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they have a lot of room to put all this stuff because like I mean, you know where the track is all that stuff?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What else is over there? Nothing? Nothing?
Speaker 1: So they're starting to put stuff everywhere. Now, that's interesting. For the longest time, that stretch there was considered to be no man's land because a lot of it is landfill, isn't it. Yeah, and you stretch along thirty you can smell it too. Yeah, you know when you're in Grand Prairie.
Speaker 3: No offense to anyone who lives out there, but you know it, it's that fart smell.
Speaker 2: You can't get it. You can't get away from it.
Speaker 1: You can't say no offense and then say their community smells like farts.
Speaker 2: No, there's just the stretch. It's not the whole community, that's what you're saying.
Speaker 4: I feel like we should turn this into a station promo.
Speaker 3: No one has done more for the city of Grand Prairie than me right here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 2: As we searched for the cobra.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we had the mayor on, right.
Speaker 3: We had the mayor on. We're supposed to go to the horse races with him sometime. You're the guy that got that chicken and pickle out there. I don't think I did that.
Speaker 4: Oh, you should have taken credit for that. That's likely one of the best things.
Speaker 3: I kept them in the headlines quite a bit longer than everyone else did.
Speaker 2: When everyone else turned their back.
Speaker 1: They wanted to be in the headlines about an escape of cobra right being loose in the community.
Speaker 4: Everyone's like, what's the story we have in Ikea?
Speaker 2: I look the shops at Park Lane. Is a Starbucks that's unique.
Speaker 4: They probably have four of them.
Speaker 2: They got that Whole Foods. I usually go to that Whole Foods all the time when I lived over there on Greenville. Yeah, but don't anymore.
Speaker 3: So Ikea coming to down So a lot of people are excited about this though. Who people would like to go shopping at Ikea?
Speaker 1: People that have never been to Ikea.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 3: The first time, it is overwhelming. Boy, it's same ta get Nebraska Furniture Mark. Oh my god, that's like Ikea times one hundred.
Speaker 2: The overload, man.
Speaker 1: But at least it's laid out in a way where you don't have to look at every single thing they offer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's not amaze, and that's not going to force you to go through it.
Speaker 2: They have it. They have more.
Speaker 3: It's not that I kid doesn't have sections, but they're kind of like couches, kitchen stuff, and.
Speaker 2: I kids a little less like that.
Speaker 1: I would say, Man, I saw this report that uh Nebraska Furniture Mark spends more money on television advertising than anyone in town.
Speaker 4: Wow, you see it that much? I guess I do see it all the time, But I I we just go there like we need furniture. We just go. Yeah, that's where we go.
Speaker 1: And I think the other thing for me is when you said that, I just realized how much I don't watch local television.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: Wow, shots fired at delcas. Sorry, Pete, dude, you're on chair. Unbelievable, You're yeah, what do you mean many nights of the year. By the way, would love it if everybody watched the MAVs game tonight on FAA.
Speaker 3: If they're not listening to it, right, will that furniture store be in there homes? I wonder if they bought inventory for the night too. I wonder how much they spent.
Speaker 4: They made some new spots