Speaker 1: And this is.
Speaker 2: What's up. Guys. Welcome to Dinner with the Healers. My name is Eric, and with me as always are my lovely wife Amanda. Hi, guys, my beautiful daughter Stella Hi, and my super handsome son Henry. Hello. If this is your first time listening to us, we are an episode by episode Blue Podcast where we watch an episode of Blue and then talk about it and the lessons we learned. Does that sound right to you, guys?
Speaker 1: It sure does.
Speaker 2: In this episode, we are rewatching season one, episode two, Hospital and talking about how we feel about it now, three years later after we watched it the first time. And it's going to be a super good time, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah? It is.
Speaker 2: Before we do that, let's jump into the business. Be sure to check out the show description.
Speaker 3: You'll find a link to our website, Thebluey Podcast dot.
Speaker 2: Com, our email address.
Speaker 3: Blue Podcast at timail dot.
Speaker 2: Com, links to our social media, a link to our tea public merch store, time stamp so you can jump right to the part of the episode you're looking for. And you'll also find a link so you can sign up to listen to the show ad free via Patreon. It's just one dollar a month and it is super cool and a huge, huge thank you to our subscribers. You guys are awesome.
Speaker 1: They sure are. Thank you guys so much for loving the show and subscribing, and you guys are awesome.
Speaker 2: Speaking of things that are awesome, we just got done rewatching Hospital. Oh not a hospital, Stella, could you tell us what was going on? At the beginning of this episode.
Speaker 3: Bingo was climbing a mountain which was just Bandit, and she fell down, and then Blue came over and said that it was her turn to climb a mountain. Banda asked them if there's a game that he could play where he could just lay down and do nothing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was wearing him out, letting Bingo climb up him. She didn't really fall, he was just pretending. But those kids are getting big, and when kids get big, they sure start getting heavy, don't they, Amanda.
Speaker 1: And the back start aching. Yeah, and that's what was going on with Bandit.
Speaker 2: And he would be going from one kid to an even bigger kid when he's already worn out. He wants to play something where he can just lay there, Stella, what did they decide to play?
Speaker 3: They decided to play Hospital.
Speaker 2: Amanda in this game? What is going on?
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, let me just say when Blue said they're going to play hospital Bandit didn't seem very excited about it.
Speaker 2: That is definitely true.
Speaker 1: But with hospital Bandit is going to be the patient and at least he gets to lay down, so there's that. But he lays on a cushion that the girls have on the floor, and Bingo is the nurse and Blue is the doctor.
Speaker 2: What is Bandit's name in this game?
Speaker 1: His name is Telemicus Henry.
Speaker 2: What is Bingo doing with Bandit? First thing, Bingo.
Speaker 3: Was showing Bandit how the remote works for the bed. One button makes the part where his head is laying down go up. The other button makes his feet go up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's laying on like some couch cushions and doing leg raises and sit ups basically, And I feel like that would be harder than the standing up thing that he was doing with the kids earlier. But yeah, that's the remote for the hospital bed. And then in walks doctor Blue.
Speaker 4: Doesn't no need to be nervous.
Speaker 2: Hello, doctor, my name is such Oh brave boy, Henry. What did Blue do to band It?
Speaker 3: Blue gave Bandit a shot. She was holding a little toy block and she poked him.
Speaker 2: With it, and then she asked him what was wrong with him? And he wanted to know, well, why did you give me a shot? First? What did she tell him?
Speaker 3: She said that she was very busy.
Speaker 2: Yes, much too busy to be doing the right thing with the patient.
Speaker 1: I'm glad doctors don't actually do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, me too.
Speaker 1: Come in, give you a shot and then ask questions later.
Speaker 2: Henry, What did they think might be wrong with him?
Speaker 3: They thought he had a baby in him?
Speaker 4: Nice doing X ray on the big blue guy. Please, I think there's a baby in there?
Speaker 2: Hang on, I really don't think I have a pouch a good grave stella. What do they have to do to diagnose the problem?
Speaker 3: They have to take an X ray?
Speaker 2: What does their X ray machine look like?
Speaker 3: It was a shoe box.
Speaker 2: I love Bingo's face when she held it over him and went how they animated her? It was so cute. Bingo is going to process the X ray in the meanwhile, Bluie Yank's bandits band aid off. And what is Bingo telling him? Amanda?
Speaker 1: Nurse Bingo tells him, oh, you're so brave.
Speaker 2: Yeah, brave boy, it's so sweet to see her kind disposition.
Speaker 1: She's a very kind nurse.
Speaker 2: Bingo draws the x ray and of what is going on.
Speaker 1: From the x ray, we see that bandit doesn't have a baby in his tummy, in his belly, but he does have what looks like a possum.
Speaker 4: That's not a possum, it's a cat. Oh yeah, he had a cat in new belly.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it's not a possum like doctor Bluey thought, but it is a cat. And they're asking him how a cat could have gotten into his belly, and he said he didn't know, and they asked, did he eat a cat?
Speaker 2: Bingo seemed pretty concerned about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah she did.
Speaker 2: I don't know what medical school blue he went to. But the next thing she said is no one really knows how that goes. Henry. What was her idea on how that cat might have gotten in there?
Speaker 3: She said that it could have gone in through his belly bone. She said that when he'll sleeping and probably shut up, a sline just slid right.
Speaker 2: In, yeah, right in there. Well, well, I mean, I suppose anything's possible. She decides they're going to have to operate immediately. Henry what does she do to band it?
Speaker 3: Blouee says that then you do an operation on him, since she throws a magazine on his face and says, here's a magazine, and then she gets an egg beater and she's getting ready to start doing the operation.
Speaker 2: He wants to know why they're not going to put him to sleep and give him some anesthesia, and so Blue tells Bingo to do it. Stella, what does Bingo do?
Speaker 3: She puts a party hat over his nose and mouth and starts singing a lullaby to him.
Speaker 2: And it knocked him right out. It did. Once bandits asleep, Bluie goes ahead and gives him another shot for some reason, and when he protests, she tells him you're meant to be asleep. He goes back to sleep, and she's going to start the operation. Amanda, what does she find in there?
Speaker 1: She finds an octopus instead of a cat, and she pulls the octopus out, and they are trying to figure out what to do with it. So they decided the best thing to do was to put it back in because maybe he's actually supposed to be in there. So she is trying to cram this octopus back in to bandit, and she's complaining because there's so many tentacles to try to get back in.
Speaker 2: When she's still having problems, Nurse Bingo hands doctor Blue and implement to use to try to get that octopus down in there? Henry, what did she use?
Speaker 3: It was the remote for the bed.
Speaker 2: It got stuck in there and the bed started going crazy. It didn't look like Bannett was getting much relaxation during this game after all.
Speaker 1: No, but you know, I still had to say at least he was still able to lay down.
Speaker 2: Blue tells the nurse that she needs something to whack this cat. Henry, what does Bengo give to her?
Speaker 3: Bingo gave Blue a plastic camera so that she could get the cat out, and right when she went to go grab the cat, the cat bit Blue and she pulled her hand down, said that it bit her, And she said that that cat won't be able to get out there because it's refusing to. So they had to tell the big blue guy that sorry, they can't do anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she just gave up. Better wake him up and tell him there's nothing we can do. And that made Bingo feel really sad. Stella, Why was Bingo so sad.
Speaker 3: Bingo was sad because they weren't gonna be able to cure a stomach ache.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they can't make him feel better. Why didn't Blue have more time to deal with this?
Speaker 3: Because she was very busy and had lots of patience. Oh I see now I've got all the patients.
Speaker 2: What ya, Amanda? Have we ever had a doctor that acted that way that well? Best of luck? Don't know what to tell.
Speaker 1: You, not that I can think of ever, Thank goodness.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think I have. That would sure be something, though, I think I would be most displeased with the service if that were the case. Bingo gets an idea, Amanda, what does she do?
Speaker 1: Bingo feels bad because the doctor couldn't help the Big Blue guy, so she decides that she's going to do something. She goes over to take another look at the X ray that she had taken of him earlier, and she discovers something. So she goes to the doctor Blue and wants her to take another look at the x ray. Doctor Blue takes a look at it and discovers there is something else that she didn't see before that is in the Big Blue Guy's tummy. So then they go back to tell him the news.
Speaker 2: When Bingo first tried to get doctor Bluey to look at it, she said, if this is about the big blue guy, I don't have time for this.
Speaker 1: Yeah. She was kind of done with him.
Speaker 2: Bingo was really an advocate for the patient. That was her role. She was so sweet at it. Henry. They're looking at the X ray and what does Bandit think they've found in his tummy?
Speaker 3: He thought they found a potted plant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a potted plant. And this has been the subject of many a debate on Bluey fan sites amongst adults, because Bandit refers to it as a pot plant, and he means a plant in a pot, A plant and a pot.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's all. But that's not what it is at all, Henry. What is it?
Speaker 3: It is a mouse stella?
Speaker 2: What theory do they come up with?
Speaker 3: They thought that he had swallowed a mouse and the cat followed the mouse into his stomach.
Speaker 2: Which makes sense, I guess. So what's the plan to get him out?
Speaker 3: They're going to use a piece of cheese to lure the mouse out, and they will get the cat out too, because it will chase the mouse out.
Speaker 2: And how does that work out? For him.
Speaker 3: Aporn's out pretty good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I loved how Bluey threw the mouse up. There's the mouse, there's the cat, and Stella Bingo really reminded me of you in this scenario. What did she do immediately?
Speaker 3: She picked up the stuff cat and she started petting it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she loved the kitty. That was so cute. Everything looks like it worked out. Bingo seemed super happy that the patient feels better, But Amanda, what happens at the end.
Speaker 1: Well, the big blue guy thought that since he's feeling better in the operation and everything was over, that he could just go home, but not without the doctor giving him one last shot.
Speaker 2: Oh what's that? And that was the episode? Henry, did we forget anything?
Speaker 3: Nope? I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what it's time for Did we learn anything today? When we very first watched this episode and talked about it, it was over three years ago and we didn't have the did we learn anything formatt set yet? But I'm sure we talked about some kind of lesson. But what was it that you guys learned today? Does anybody have anything?
Speaker 1: I might have something that kindness and caring for others can pay off Bingo was Bandit's nurse, and she saw how bad he was feeling. Otherwise he wouldn't have been in the hospital, and she was determined to help him out to help him feel better. And she was very kind to him in the hospital, and so I think her kindness and caring helped him to feel better. If she hadn't been there and trying to solve exactly what was going on with them so he could be fixed, it wouldn't have happened. If she was like a mean nurse or something, you know, not caring, he would still be there not feeling well.
Speaker 2: Right. Yeah, her patience and her desire to help her patient feel better kept her from giving up, and she took another look and really thought about it. And I think like in the bigger scheme of things, it's if you have a problem, if you spend a little bit more time looking at it and thinking about it and coming up with a different way to solve it. I don't know that that's exactly what they were trying to teach us here, but I feel like that's something I got out of it. What about you, Henry, I don't.
Speaker 3: Really have anything to say. I think mom got it.
Speaker 2: Oh Mom, got it? Is that what you think what you got is?
Speaker 3: Well dead? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I got it first.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's only fair.
Speaker 2: Well what do you say, Stella?
Speaker 3: I think mom and Dad said it pretty well.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a good call, Stella. Thank you, thank you, welcome. I love these episodes of the early on ones and the fact that we don't really have that structure of here's the lesson we're supposed to take away from it. It's just cute fun in this one, and I really like that style of episode two. Does anybody have any parting thoughts about the episode?
Speaker 1: I think Bluie giving Bandit shots when he really doesn't even need him, that part always makes me chuckle. She just goes up. She's just like bam, okay, so now what.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I do like her demeanor, and you got to wonder where did she learn that from. Maybe they have a terrible pediatrician.
Speaker 1: Maybe I kind.
Speaker 2: Of felt bad for the rest of her patients they're waiting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hopefully they don't have the mouse or captain or tummy too.
Speaker 2: I was kind of wondering about that dragon that was over there. I wonder what his deal was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I also thought that was funny how Blue just go up and give ban as Sean and be like, oh, anyways, what's next. I think Bingo being the nurses episode was really sweet.
Speaker 2: She is very kind, and I like that they establish early on in the show because you know, now we've seen all the Blue episodes. Very early on we see the Blue sort of the shoot from the hip renegade, and Bingo is this very calm and kind making sure that everybody is doing okay and feels okay, and we get to see their personalities already early on, like this and those things they just evolved over time as the show progresses.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 2: Well, guys, we think Bluie is awesome. And speaking of things we think are awesome, Henry, what should we do next?
Speaker 3: The howl out?
Speaker 2: Okay, listen up. Everyone has to clap and go whoa. Yeah, all right, that's awesome, got it.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Guys. We could not do this show without you, the fans, and we appreciate so much that you've stuck with us and comment and review and send us emails. It is the best and we cannot thank you enough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys are so great and just we're so happy that you love the show. And we love all your comments that you send to us. We read everything and we're just it makes us feel so so loved. Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Let's take a look at Spotify. We heard from Calvin who asked about the hall outs. Where are they, will, Calvin, They're right here at the end. Jelly, Anica and Cooper, someone whose us her name is Sparkly Tortoise, someone whose use her name is either britt or Tony or Brittany either way. I love the way it looks with the capitalized T in the middle. Ray Evie Leuna and Oreo, Marin and Julia Maybrey, Jamie Skippy and Kat who both mentioned the Christmas mini so that we watched. There was a really short, just over one minute minisod release that showed the kids outside playing cricket and they heard Pat and Lucky's little brother playing the piano and they sang a song, Henry, what were they singing in there?
Speaker 3: They were singing jingle bells, Batman smells.
Speaker 2: Yeah. There was a whole verse that they sang that I had never heard before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me either. You never heard that.
Speaker 2: If you guys haven't watched it, you need to go watch it. I know that Christmas just got passed when we're recording this, but it's definitely definitely worth a look. There's not enough there for us to do a whole episode about.
Speaker 1: It, definitely not, but it's definitely worth a watch for sure.
Speaker 2: We heard from one hundred million cats Tanzen, who is a and loves the show. Someone who's user name is wobble Doog fan. We heard from Hannah, Zia, Chia and Jess on Instagram. We heard from Agastya. I sure hope I pronounced that right. Thank you so much for your message, and we got a couple of emails. We heard from Olivia. She's from England. She's nine and likes Unicorse and Sleepover. Those are two really good episodes, Yes they are, and her favorites are Stella and Me and Eric. Nice.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: We also got a voice message from David Hey.
Speaker 4: Then with The Healers. My name is David. I am seven years old. I'm from Berlin. My favorite character of Bluie is of course Yellow, of course he's pretty funny, and my favorite character there the Healers is Eric. But I also love the episode and of course, and I also like whatever you said and why so like Hey, Okay, I go the healers.
Speaker 1: That was a really good impression of Unicorse.
Speaker 2: Great job. I thought it was amazing. Yes, yes, Dovid, thank you so much for your voice message. We sure do appreciate it all the way from Berlin. How cool is that?
Speaker 3: That's super cool?
Speaker 2: Yeah it is, guys. Thank you so much for the messages and the emails. We sure do appreciate it. And if you would like to send us an email, Stell where should they send that?
Speaker 3: L podcast at gmail dot com.
Speaker 2: That is right. Thank you so much everyone, and this sure has been a fun, fun episode.
Speaker 1: It sure has.
Speaker 2: And until next time, we are out of here.
Speaker 3: Bye guys, Bye bye.