Speaker 1: Joe Escalante live from Hollywood. If by Hollywood you mean Burbank, across the street from a Wiener Schnitzel that serves beer. And this is two hours of the business, end of show business. I'm here with engineer Sam and Sam Nikki is off this week and so it's just you and me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I try to get through it.
Speaker 1: Today we have a special show because we are interviewing the stars of the movie Kneecap, which is in theaters now. So trust me, this is one of the best movies you're going to see the whole year. It's a biopic about a three person rap group. You know, you got your you got your two rappers in your DJ and they wrap in the Irish language. Not because they're you know, academics and they're linguist experts or language experts there. They kind of do it because they're out of protests against the British government basically the occupation or the the in Northern Ireland. You know how in Northern Ireland there are some people don't know this, but I mean to me, growing up as just common knowledge, everybody thought about it all the time because there was a lot of bombings by the Irish Republicans that were trying to break away from the UK and they were fighting the Protestants. So the Catholics are the protesters, they're the resistance, and the Protestants are they call them sometimes unionists. The Unionists want to stay with the UK.
Speaker 3: They like it.
Speaker 1: They're like, this is you know, you like the Queen and this is protection for us. If the Queen and the UK doesn't govern this area, then we'll be swallowed up by the Catholics and our lives will be worse. So we want to keep it this way. And the Catholics the Republicans are saying, look, this is get the British out, get them out of here.
Speaker 2: And they did it.
Speaker 1: They did it with bombs, they did it through you know, political maneuvering. These guys are kind of the generation after the ira violent troubles period and there, you know a lot of their parents went to jail and they fought and now it's kind of you know, settled down a little bit.
Speaker 2: But this is their way of protesting. They're rapping, right, that's kind of normal, right, Sam.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well, and it's not just that they're wrapping in Gaelic, so it's trying to reclaim that.
Speaker 5: Sense of identity.
Speaker 4: So yeah, it's uhascinating movie.
Speaker 5: It's a great movie.
Speaker 4: I thought I knew a decent amount of you know, the history and the politics behind it all, but I really did not know nearly as much as I did, so it really it made me want to learn more.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go to the interview and Kneecap we sat up a WhatsApp group in twenty nineteen when we first started we first met and started.
Speaker 6: Working on the film, and that that WhatsApp group was called.
Speaker 7: It's a real coincidence.
Speaker 6: It was called Kneecap go to Hollywood, right, And so it's kind of crazy that here we are sitting in Hollywood.
Speaker 8: Are you really sitting in Hollywood? You're really around me?
Speaker 7: We're actually in Hollywood.
Speaker 9: Hand you you I'll see this and then your friends.
Speaker 7: I wasn't freaking boiling in it.
Speaker 1: We thought it was, well you can so I'm I'm, you know, like mostple around here where I live, half Irish over half a lower half. It's inside the.
Speaker 8: Half Mexican, half Irish.
Speaker 3: That's a good mixture.
Speaker 1: Catholic people still a r c Roman Catholic, still an altar boyell.
Speaker 9: You got the hair department in your hair? Hello, my son.
Speaker 6: Have I been trying to get rid of you from the old boy for like twenty years now, they're like, mate, it's time to give it up.
Speaker 9: Give someone else an joe, give somebody else a chance with the bell.
Speaker 1: So unattractive evidentitely you're beautiful. But anyway, I love the movie. I've seen it a couple of times ahead of what there's no subtitles other than the Irish stuff, so it's when we hear Irish people speak English, it's hard to get everything, but it's part of the fun.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, that's interesting because yeah, it's some people are struggles to struggle with the accent of bit. And we did have lots of debates, you know, how much do you kind of subtitle things? Can you over subtitle things? And I kind of, you know, we kind of came to the conclusion that for the authenticity of things, we just think that it's better just to have left it and allow people to to kind of enjoy it on whatever level they can. But it's crack and open the door to a world, do you know what I mean, and allowing you to look in. And I think that's part of the fun.
Speaker 8: You did the right thing because of course the movie.
Speaker 1: I've been talking about this movie on my show for a weeks, so I can tell much about it. But you know, you're you're, you're, you're singing lyrics were when I'm going to band and nobody can understand my lyrics, you know, in English, you know, because it's.
Speaker 3: Punk rock and it just kind of comes at you fast.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 1: So I think he did the right thing. And it could have been worse because it could have been in Scottish.
Speaker 10: A lot of people don't know whither that Irish is a language in itself, you know.
Speaker 9: Also people are watching the film.
Speaker 10: There's the Irish languages, which is our indigenous language of the land for like two thousand years, and then there's people speaking Irish English, which sounds like people would say that the Irish are talking exposing.
Speaker 8: Their or we have a iris, we have Spanglish that people spy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sounds.
Speaker 8: Let me get into that. You guys are you're part of this language movement now?
Speaker 1: But you work, I mean in the movie it deals with that, like, how did our biggest advocate in the movie. It looks like you're the biggest advocates for the preservation of the Irish language.
Speaker 8: But you are what you guys call hoods, and.
Speaker 1: Then they have to come to the realization that these guys are our best advocates to preserve our language. Is that what's your relationship like with the language movement?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 8: Are they are they proud of you or are they like a little bit that kind of stuff.
Speaker 11: I think there's an understanding that, Like, I'm sure there are some people who probably don't enjoy the way we intertwine youth culture with the language.
Speaker 3: They would prefer culture.
Speaker 8: You mean a whole bunch of drugs.
Speaker 11: Yeah, hey, don't give away all the secrets here.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So a lot of.
Speaker 3: Them maybe would prefer if we just maintained a.
Speaker 11: Certain purity language and talked about faxed cottages and.
Speaker 3: Traditional music, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 11: But I think especially there's a growing on a big Irish language community because we came the realization that for a language to live, it has to have every element available to be at school, radio, social clubs.
Speaker 3: And all this stuff.
Speaker 11: And part of that there is having music that young people will be interested to listen to.
Speaker 3: And they're going to listen.
Speaker 11: To Eminem or they're going to listen to some other hip hop music and English.
Speaker 3: Then there's no reason why it shouldn't be available in Irish.
Speaker 10: It should be representative to the people who should up through and it gives a young people something to go that that's me, that's me kind of being made into music.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and I need something that will be banned from school and only anyway the language will survive if it if it exists in these places, you know that it's something that can be banned because then that kind of makes it coldon relevant for teenagers growing up and then they want to be a part of it.
Speaker 3: And that's just part of a living language.
Speaker 7: And what what I've talking about living language.
Speaker 6: I mean, what I found really fascinating from an early stage was that these boys were inventing words that were becoming falling into the lexicon of the language. And it's like to be, you know, one thing about a language being you know, so they're being relatively few speakers, you really can have a huge impact upon that language, right. It's like it's very hard to have about impact in the English language, right, you know, occasionally a word someone comes up with a word that kind of falls into usage.
Speaker 7: But these guys.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, but these guys are you know, are coming up with words on a monthly basis. They're releasing a song and these words were then being used. And you know, when I first met them and I joined an Irish language class, half the people in that Irish language class were there because of kneecap and that was in twenty nineteen. So that was the cultural impact that we're having then, and it's exciting to think that, you know now and then the film coming out and then growing and growing and growing. There are literally thousands of people on the island of Ireland who are right now learning language because of what these boys are doing.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think that's incredible.
Speaker 1: And that's why it's such a perfect movie because it has so many layers of it. You can like it on these different layers. And then the one layer that's a part of a real movement to preserve a language, which is super serious business but it's also entertaining. Is amazing music. And then you guys are playing yourselves in the movie, which is you know, since I'm from Hollywood, but my mind is is blowing because obviously that's wrong.
Speaker 8: You can't do that.
Speaker 1: Let's take a break right there, and we'll check the traffic and come back with the second part of the Kneecap interview on Joe Scolante Live from Hollywood. Joe Scolante Live from Hollywood. Let's go right back to the interview with the director and Rich Pepia and DJ Prove and Mobili from the film A Kneecap that you must see and you must see soon.
Speaker 8: So you guys have proved everybody else wrong.
Speaker 1: You mean, you're you're starting a language revolution and you're playing yourself in a movie. When I first heard that, I go, well, this is gonna, you know, be interesting, but it's going to have bad acting. I was in a movie called when I was younger, called Suburbia, which is a movie about punk rock and they cast all real punk rockers from the Hollywood scene to play all the parts.
Speaker 8: Every actor was bad.
Speaker 1: It was awful, and the movie is like, it's a great movie, it's but the acting is terrible.
Speaker 8: That you guys are great.
Speaker 1: You could be in any movie as actors, And I think that's really what people are going to be. Just one of the levels people are going to be surprised on. Who came up with that idea was that rich the directory was.
Speaker 6: It was never really it was never really something that was discussed. It was, you know, it's such a to make a film about a band that's never really never released an album, they didn't have a record label, that were wrapping the language that so few people spoke. It doesn't make sense to make a movie about that on paper, right, And it's so like, so.
Speaker 8: It's like that so we can put my money in it.
Speaker 6: No exactly exactly and no one's going to watch that, right and so, but weirdly it was so niche that suddenly it was like, that's the very reason we need to make it, because it sounds so mad. It's like either going to be terrible or brilliant, right, But obviously it's if no one even knows who the band are, then it's weird to get people to play them because you know what I mean, It's like we didn't know they were in the place, so who were they?
Speaker 7: It just got confusing.
Speaker 6: So it was never really discussed the idea of anyone else playing it other than was it Denzel Washington was going to play you wanted to play him, but you know, they were scrambling that in a bit. But we said no, it's going to stick to stick to playing themselves.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Brad, Brad's ways, he let himself go for a few months. What he was doing is one of the final characters. So wait in yeah, my Tay Physik. It just wasn't a squidge.
Speaker 8: So I'm are you guys heart of the band Sublime?
Speaker 7: Yes, of course I love Sublime.
Speaker 8: I'm the manager of Sublime. Jobs.
Speaker 3: No way.
Speaker 8: We're going through the.
Speaker 1: Same thing right now with Sony Pictures trying to cast and get put together a movie about the band Sublime, and the the the story of the guy developing this for music and then dying when he's twenty eight and then and then it's spawning this big thing is.
Speaker 8: It's a pretty good story.
Speaker 7: But we've got.
Speaker 9: A scremefully.
Speaker 8: Nailed down it's agent. Have your agent send it over to charn And Entertainment.
Speaker 6: I love I mean that was you know when I was about When I was eighteen years old, I fell in love with a Californian girl and I moved to Isla Vista, right and I lived in she was went to UCSB and I lived there and that's when I was first exposed to Sublime. And I was just I just fell in love with Sublime and it was just it's a soundtrack of my life, you know, late teen thirty twenties, and.
Speaker 8: Yeah, okay, then give me some advice.
Speaker 1: Would you cast Bradley Nole's twenty eight year old son as Bradley Nole, the singer who died at age twenty eight, and now he's the singer of Sublime in there playing all over all the festivals right now.
Speaker 8: He's took he's took it over. He took over for his dad as the singer of the bit.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 9: And I know that him as well, does he does he look like him as well?
Speaker 8: Yes, he looks like them, sounds like them.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 6: I think the big question, right is you know, in all of the time of trying to get the film funded and everything like that, you'd have these meetings with people and they'd be like, we love the script, we think there's potential here, but you know, you're getting the guys to play themselves.
Speaker 7: Can they act?
Speaker 6: And obviously when you're trying to fund the movie you'll say fricking anything.
Speaker 7: It's like you just go, yeah, yeah, absolutely absolutely.
Speaker 6: I never was like and then they'd be like, can you never get something on tape and I was like, no, no, no, you know, you know, I'll get something too you later, and it never quite happened. And you know, but there was work to do, Like we did six months of acting classes, you know, to sort of get yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: It was not anywhere near a case of just walk on set and knock it out. There was six months of hard work of really learning the craft and understanding you know that these guys that can perform, they could perform, but there's a big difference to performing on stage and performing with a camera six inches in your face, right, it's a very different kind of But once you've I think everyone can act, right, it's just what do you have the toolbox to quite understand the process of that. And so it was for all of us, you know, I did the acting course with them. We had a great acting coach called Kieran Lagan, and over the course of six months, it was understand that actings reacting right, it's about being present in the moment. It's about listening as much as it is talking. And you know and understand that great actors they give a lot, they give you a lot to react off of and surrounding your cast inexperience with experienced people is you know, actually something that can really help raise everyone's game. So I think the only question you need to answer is is he prepared to you know, is he prepared to learn the craft?
Speaker 7: Do you know what I mean? Do the work?
Speaker 6: Do the work, because this is the thing, is that these boys did the work. None of that, you know, and behind the anarchic you know, spirit and everything about Kneecap they you know, these boys are you know when it comes to knuckling down and doing the work, they do the work right because nothing happened, you know, nothing happens.
Speaker 7: You know, they're not blessed. They're not blessed.
Speaker 6: You know, it's like they have to do the work to get to I mean touched, you did touch me?
Speaker 1: Let me okay, So let me ask you another question about your movie, which I guess is going to be released here worldwide in August, and everyone's got to see A kneecap Is and you're going to fall in love with the town and the people in it, and another level of why this movie is so much fun?
Speaker 8: What's the town like?
Speaker 11: Now?
Speaker 1: Do you guys still live there? I know, DJ prob is that you were a teacher there and you had you.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and from day day city. But I was teaching up round there.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 8: And so you guys still live there, what's it? What's it like?
Speaker 3: I live there?
Speaker 11: Yeah, Me and Macai still live there. I still live there. He we've adopted. We've adopted him as an honorary Irishman.
Speaker 3: It hasn't haven't got your ash passport yet, so.
Speaker 7: It's in the post of both. It's a very fun setting.
Speaker 3: It's a thriving city.
Speaker 11: It's there's lots of like really good music, good traditional music. There's a good history of punk music. And Bellefast going back to Steff's Little Fingers and the our casts.
Speaker 8: I played with them many times.
Speaker 6: It's a graffiti capital of Europe, the web capital, the graffiti capital.
Speaker 8: Graf had some good stuff.
Speaker 9: What was your band culture?
Speaker 8: My band is called the Vandals. We're still playing.
Speaker 1: The least amount of people we've ever had at a show was in Belfast.
Speaker 11: We've had a gig the other day in Portugal and we had about ten people of our song Storms.
Speaker 9: He was on at the same time as doesn't just stole our audience.
Speaker 11: We've had one gig and there was four other people and then the next gig there.
Speaker 7: Was ten people. So it keeps you.
Speaker 8: Humble, keep you humble. Anyway, they're they're telling me my time is out.
Speaker 1: So I say thank you guys for all your advice and your dedication to making this movie come home alive and rid it for you making.
Speaker 8: It look so awesome. You see you at the Oscars.
Speaker 2: Okay, that was it. We a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: You can actually see the interview on my Facebook page Joe A. Sclante Live from Hollywood.
Speaker 2: You can see what those.
Speaker 1: Guys look like, and they're just look like a beastie boys really and hanging out with their teacher who's the DJ. So go see Kneecap. It's in theaters right now and you won't be disappointed. And you know you got to support this kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: So this is it.
Speaker 1: This is your movie this week. Kneecap in theaters. Joe Scalante Live from Hollywood, by Hollywood, you mean Burbank, Sam. We got a lot of important legal cases that are uh bubbling up and right now in the entertainment industry. One of the big ones that we've been following is the Tom Girardi case. On Thursday, Tom Girardi from the law firm Girardi Caisse will go on trial for basically funding the career or this is the sensational part, funding the career of Erica Jane by spending money from legal settlements that where there was a big legal case and he received all the money and then instead of distributing it to the plaintiffs, which at some the victims, which in one case we're plane crash victims. Sam, So, you die in a plane crash and your family wins a lawsuit, and this guy spends the money allegedly on his wife's dance music career and jewels and cars and houses and stuff like that because he was a really old man. He's like eighty six now, and he had a really hot, younger wife and he had he had to spend the money to keep her.
Speaker 2: She's not just hanging around for donuts. She needs a hard cash. Sam.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean that's the only hard thing she's probably getting at that point.
Speaker 5: Oh, Sam Zinger.
Speaker 1: Uh So, Tom Girardi beloved attorney in the LA area. I knew him, uh brief, like just from being in the legal world and going to see him speak a couple of times. I've never seen anyone more enthusiastic about being a lawyer. And he was a great inspiration to a lot of younger attorneys. Helped my sister out a lot in uh in her feel. My sister is a prosecutor, and uh, yeah, I should know a guy who worked at his firm. And then at some point he worked with Aaron Brockovich case and with a friend of mine. And then at one point he was telling my friend he needed his wife needed help in show business, and my friend goes, so, I only know one guy in show business down here in Seal Beach, and so heed he introduced me to Erka Jane, and I took her to lunch and introduced her to a promoter, and she went on tour that was before The Housewives. So I just did my job, you know, I wipe my hands of it. And then pretty soon she's on the Real Housewives and she's competing with some of the the you know, these college and lips, materialistic women that go to these fine restaurants and fight with each other. And it looked like she had it all Sam, But it turns out, according to the lawsuit, the money that funded her career and her what do you call it, her glamour, her escades, her excess was coming from illegal means. So they tried to say that he had Alzheimer's so he can't stand trial. But he was judged a competent to stand trial. And he's now living not a mile from my house right now. He's living at this Memory Institute on the corner of Seal Beach Boulevard and the four or five Freeway. I haven't seen him at Target or anything.
Speaker 5: But well, I mean, it's not like he'll remember it.
Speaker 2: That's true. He wouldn't remember me memory. He might pretend not to remember me.
Speaker 8: Uh the.
Speaker 4: That's some that's some good method acting. He's living at the at the memory Institute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you mean this memory institute.
Speaker 1: And then you know, hey, but I did talk to someone who spoke to one of his old employees who he called that random and said, hey, you got to get over to the office. We got to work on that case, like the Johnson case or whatever. And she's she's said, mister, mister Girardi, that case was settled, you know, several years ago. And I haven't worked for your firm in a decade.
Speaker 2: What are you talking about? So there, I think he is. I don't think he's fit to stand trial, So I don't know what's going to happen.
Speaker 5: Clausible deniability, that's all I say.
Speaker 2: There perhaps, Okay, other stuff in the news.
Speaker 1: Remember we talked about, well, everybody the whole world was talking about when X formerly Twitter started and they hired Don Lemon.
Speaker 2: That's right, Yeah, and you know.
Speaker 1: It's made sense. He was fired from CNN, but he had a following. I think he was fired from CNN. Am I right about that?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: He was let go, Yeah, he was let go.
Speaker 1: And then he so you know, they pick him up on X for a show and everything's great, and they promised him a lot of money. And then his first interview was with the lawn Musk, his new boss, and he just slammed him and insulted him and accused him of being every sort of villain that you know that the country could have. And after the interview, like he's like, I don't have to answer these questions. You're only on this show because I gave you a job. I mean, why am I? Why do I have to answer your questions? I'm the guy that gave you this job, And like pointed questions like aren't you in fact supporting racism by having these comments on your you know, just stuff that's like whoa guy. Hold on, I'm just trying to think of ways to fire you, going through my brain what's it going to cost to fire you? And then when the interview was over, he got fired. Now he has filed a lawsuit against Twitter X and Elon Musk saying you owe me a bunch of money because you hired me and then you fired me. And he said I spent a lot of money hiring people, buying equipment, starting a production company. I would say he probably spent about thirty thousand dollars in legal fees starting a production company and hiring people and buying some phones. But of course he wants millions. So that's going to be a case of did they have a contract or did they not? Was there a meeting of the minds to say I'm hiring you and I'm guaranteeing you this money and there's no way that you don't get.
Speaker 2: The money, or am I hiring you and then if you do well, I'll give you the money, or if you behave I'll give you the money.
Speaker 8: We don't.
Speaker 1: We haven't seen the contract. Did it have a some kind of morals clause. Did it have a thing that said if you don't stab me in the back, I will give you this money. So it'll kind of go to what's in that agreement. I have a feeling the agreement allows must to fight to fire him. But he's doing this thing anyway to see if he can't get a settlement or something. Usually that's kind of the way these things go. But you know, it's.
Speaker 4: Fascinating because it's it really comes down to, was what, like, were there any stipulations in the contract that said you can't bad mouth Elon Musk?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Or just like some things are like you know, sometimes you sign up to be in a movie or something like that and they say, oh, by the way, we don't have to put you in this movie, we just have to pay you. Yeah, So what was that? What was that guaranteed money? And is there a probationary period?
Speaker 4: Well, and Lemon learned that the deal was off because Musk sent the text message to Lemon's agents saying, like legit, the words on it was contract is canceled.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so can you cancel the contract? That's basically it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that will be interesting to see what comes out of that. That's a fascinating story. Anybody who goes legally after Elon Musk. I mean, the guy's built out of money. He could just go ahead and throw whatever he wants to settle it. So it's going to be interesting to see if this is going to be one where Don Lemon wants to is going to say I don't want your settlement money. I want to make a statement or fine, I'll take your settlement money.
Speaker 5: Have a nice day exactly.
Speaker 1: Let's take a break right now and then we come back. I'm going to tell you all the things that are closed at Disneyland, Sam. I think this is a community service. I'm going to tell you what's closed and what's open, because sometimes people are going to Disneyland and they I don't know what to expect when they get there. And as you know, Sam, I go there often. And I got a little bit of NFL lawsuit news and more after this break on Joey Scalante Live from Hollywood.
Speaker 10: Joe Escalante, he's my lawyer.
Speaker 7: You don't want money.
Speaker 5: He does it all for you, and he knows he's telling you about Oh yes, he knows.
Speaker 1: Joe Ascalante Live from Hollywood. If by Hollywood, you mean Burbank two hours of the business, end of show business. As far as the box office goes, the Deadpool is the big winner this week, and Twister is still doing well. But we want to talk about Deadpool a little bit because it's the It says here, Sam, it's a first R rated movie in the Marvel Comics universe. But you're saying they're promoting this R rated film heavily at Disneyland, at the parks and maybe even to children. Is that that seems kind of weird?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, it's the I think the first Deadpool movie may have been one of the first R rated movies, but this one definitely is an R rated film.
Speaker 2: What I'm getting is it was like some almost R rating.
Speaker 1: I mean, these ratings change all the time, so it was the.
Speaker 5: They were they were treading close with.
Speaker 1: Mature Audience TV m A rating. Yeah uh and then first mc U R rating is this one according to screen ran.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, well, this is the thing.
Speaker 4: This is a very much an R rated movie, and they I think the deal that Disneyland has is that they can only confine, you can only keep this man restricted to the Avengers area because this is what's happening with the MCU, but you can't see.
Speaker 1: So you're at Disneyland and you're in a Disney California Adventure and then they have a they have like the Avengers Campus to the Marvel Comic Campus.
Speaker 8: Or or whatever they have over there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I claim to be an expert, but I don't know.
Speaker 4: Well, no, and if you go there frequently, so I would love for you to go and see this and give me your feedback on it. He's doing story time with Deadpool for kids. So no, they're sitting there with like he's reading stories to kids and he's popping up randomly.
Speaker 5: They have his stickers everywhere.
Speaker 4: They have shirts promoting the movie for kids and everything like that. But he's doing story time with Deadpool and Wolverine for a bunch of kids. And this is a movie that I'm sure after that, a bunch of kids are gonna wants.
Speaker 5: To say, hey, mommy, let's go see Deadpool.
Speaker 4: And this is a very I mean, I'm taking my fourteen year old to see it because she's mature enough to handle this kind of stuff. I am not taking my seven year old to see this because this is stuff that I mean if I took my kid to Disneyland and say he saw story Time with Deadpool, I know he would be bugging me to go see it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at this right now. Storytime with Deadpool, that's what it's called. Yeah, and Wolverine.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mind you.
Speaker 4: I am the least prudish person out there, but I have to get your take on this because this is Disney and this is like the park where the kids are actively there. So this is something where like, I know they have to promote the movie, like the big movie of the summer, but they this is something like there's a very thin line between what's appropriate and what isn't for kids.
Speaker 5: I know that's something that's a concern for you.
Speaker 4: Now for me, I think that story turns can contractualize them. No, no, no, I think it unless you know Deadpool comes out in a wig, which I would not put it past them.
Speaker 5: I mean, that's dead Pool.
Speaker 1: One of my question is do you think Storytime with Drag Queens was a conspiracy set up by Disney to uh desensitize these kids to immoral no themes and then when then then then they would just pounce on them with story Bedpool. Yeah, and the parents would go like, you know what, this is no different than Storytime with drag Queens.
Speaker 5: So I think you'd have to do it. They'd have to do it the other way around.
Speaker 4: You'd have to start with Deadpool, and then that would desensitize the kids because.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe the maybe the story Time with drag Queen's thing didn't go as planned, and now they're this is this is a way to back door. It's a back door into the inactly.
Speaker 4: You've got more connections to Disney than anybody. Is it a conspiracy?
Speaker 1: I don't really believe conspiracies, So uh, I just think they have this character, you know, and they're trying to push the character they got to push the movies. There's a thing called the four quadrants for films, and where you you want to get men and women and boys and girls or like this demographic back demographic. And if you can get a movie with all four of these quadrants, I forget what the actual quadrants are, then you have a hit. That's how you get a you know, a billion dollar movie. And so they can't put out Deadpool without the kids. So I think they want the kids to scream to their parents to take him to the r ra aided movies. Now for me, I went to r raided movies, so did I. You know, as a kid, I saw Deliverance, I saw the you know these Malcolm McDowell crazy, These are ones that like scarred me.
Speaker 2: So I remember him.
Speaker 1: Then any rmated movie that came out, Shampoo in the seventies.
Speaker 4: I think the last one, I think the worst one I saw was and it was because my brother told my mom he wanted to see it, so he brought my mom brought me with him to go see Eddie Murphy Raw in nineteen eighty seven. And that and my brother's seven years older than me, so he was way more mature for it. And I'm sitting here like an eight year old kid with my mind blown with what I'm hearing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I don't know how to raise kids. I know that that I think it maybe some of that stuff. It just you have to have parents. Plus those movies. If you have no parents and the kids are seeing these movies, you know, they they turn out pretty rotten. But if you have you can have you know, religious parents like my parents were take me to the movies, but they still guided me on what was right and wrong, and you weren't allowed to cuss in the house, and you had to be you had to say your prayers, and you had to learn your catechism. So you know, to me, it's maybe no different than you know, the old Irish drinking songs that you knew were going on down at the pub, but everybody was going to mass on Sunday or in many people going every day. But the Irish drinking songs, which are filthy by the way, oh yes, we're still going on. So that's kind and it's kind of way I look at the vandals, you know, my own band, it's it's a lot of it. As you know, kids like it. There's a lot of inappropriate themes. I don't write them, but I have other guys in the band that write lyrics that are bad and themes that are bad. But it's to me, it's the Irish drinking song explanation. It's like this stuff exists. It's sometimes it's artistic and clever, sometimes it's worthless.
Speaker 2: It goes off the way down to the.
Speaker 1: Spectrum of you know, uh, pornography that could they could harm women or whatever like that, to to just you know, art that happens to use adult themes because that's the only way to tell this particular story. So I don't I don't, I I don't care if Disney does this myself.
Speaker 2: You know, it's just up to the parents.
Speaker 4: Neither do I thank you, it is worth It's up to the parents to contextualize this stuff for the kids.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me quickly tell you what's uh what's closed at Disney right now? What's open? The Haunted Mansion. Haunt Mansion is especial for a long time. People didn't know when it was coming back. It's back, and it's got like a holiday theme for some reason. Nobody knows. Nobody's telling me why. But it's it's kind of like the line part is what they change the queue they call it. So that's what you're gonna have some new Q experience. The canoes, all this stuff over by Splash Mountain is closed. The canoes, Hungry Bear Restaurant, Poo Corn Pea Corner, Puke Corner, Splash Mountain.
Speaker 4: Of course they're all right right next to each other.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're all done.
Speaker 1: The Disneyland Railroad is suffering because of that thing, which is sad, and the railroad is a great thing to do and to relax after.
Speaker 2: It's a good break.
Speaker 1: You're sitting down, you go all around the park, end up right where you came, or you go somewhere. Space Mountain is closed, but there's still a lot of other fun stuff there. And the reason to go right now to Disneyland is Hana Mansion.
Speaker 8: He is open.
Speaker 2: That's a so I think I might go there right now.
Speaker 4: Sam, excellent, take me with you.
Speaker 2: I will now leave everybody.
Speaker 1: I didn't talk about the NFL throwing out the four point seven billion dollars Sunday ticket and verdict, but there I just said it, threw it out. I'll not leave you with a taste of the greatest song ever written, and we will see.
Speaker 2: You next week.
Speaker 8: Go see it.
Speaker 2: Knee cap