Speaker 1: It's nice Eyes.
Speaker 2: Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 1: All right, it is Monday night, thanks very much, Dan Watkins, and we are moving into the political season, and it's it's it's been a very interesting few weeks. And I eventually want to get around to Elizabeth Warren's comments yesterday with Jake Tapper on ABC News on Sunday morning. But it's interesting. No matter where you turn, there's something to talk about. So uh, let me try to spray the field of fire here quickly and get your response to any or all of this, and then we will get to Elizabeth Warren's call for a pathway to citizenship for people who are here as migrants, or to put it in other terms, here illegally. So. Donald Trump is down at some summit in which, for some reason he takes it upon himself to urge Christians to vote for him. I'm assuming that some Christians will vote for him, and some Christians won't vote for him. But then he's telling the Christians who voted for him that they won't have to worry about it anymore, which of course gives I think which is weird. I mean, I would assume that he would want everyone to vote for him and I think part of the problem with these both candidates in both parties right now is they're trying to fractionalize America. And I think it's I think it's harmful. And now I know some of my Trump supporters are going to be upset about this, But this is the former president, in his own words, cut one over the weekend, at a turning point summit. Cut one.
Speaker 3: You won't have to do it anymore four more years here as you know what, it'll be fixed. It'll be fine. You won't have to vote anymore. My beautiful Christians. I love you Christians. I'm not Christian. I love you.
Speaker 1: Get out. You gotta get out and vote.
Speaker 3: In four years, you don't have to vote again.
Speaker 1: We'll have it fixed. So good, You're not gonna have to What does that mean? Also, he's not Christian. I don't know. I haven't thought about it, and I don't know what his religion is, if he has a religion at all other than loyalty to the name, to the brand. Then we have the Democrats all using the same word. And you wonder if someone had gotten the memo. So here we have someone on MSNBC. This is a former spokesperson for the White House. Jen Saki calling JD. Vance a weirdo. It's same used, same word used by a couple of other Democratic governors. We'll get to that in a second. This is Jen Psaki. Listen to the word weirdo. Cut five.
Speaker 4: Kamin Harrison. So many ways, might just be the right candidate at the right time, the right candidate for this century. By the way, she might be the right candidate to tell the country that actually we don't have to go back, to tell the country that actually that wasn't so great for lots of Americans, and that we can go forward instead. Now, I'm not going to sit here and tell you this is going to be easy.
Speaker 1: It is not.
Speaker 4: Donald Trump and his weirdo running mate and the Republican apparatus behind them will regroup. They will throw everything. It's going to be gross, misogynistic, sexist, racist, all the things weirdo.
Speaker 1: That's the that's the word of the weekend. This is JB. Pritzker. He's the governor of Illinois, JB. JB. Pritzker talking about JD. Van. So this is JB talking about JD. And the word weird comes in again. Cut four.
Speaker 5: Our candidate is the energizer bunny. She's been everywhere all the time over the last several days, and we're excited about that to get to see her in the the battleground states and all over the country. And her message is one that I think resonates with people. At One of those things, of course, is pointing out the differences between these two candidates. I mean, on the other side, they're just weird. I mean, they really are the things that they stand for. Donald Trump, of course, is afraid of windmills, and you know, he talks about all kinds of crazy. You know, his running mate, as you probably have heard, is you know, getting known for his obsession with couches and somebody who is hiding his views on a woman's right to choose. And then just broadly the attack on people who are childless and saying that we had to raise taxes on childless people, calling them cat ladies. I think, you know, he apologized to cats, but he he hasn't apologized to women.
Speaker 1: Well, that elevates the debate. And then Tim Waltz is a Democratic governor from Minnesota, same word weird. There must have been some sort of a rally I think, or maybe a memo that's what it is. Send them. The word of the day is weirdo or weird Let's go cut three.
Speaker 6: Rub You look what they're talking about. They went right to division. They did not give us a plan on healthcare. Donald Trump talked about infrastructure. Joe Biden and Kamala Harris built bridges, built roads. So I think this is going back to the bread and butter, getting away from this division. We do not like what has happened where we can't even go to Thanksgiving dinner with our uncle because you end up in some weird fight. That is unnecessary. And I think bringing back people together.
Speaker 1: Well, it's true.
Speaker 6: These guys are just weird and you know they're running for key Man Women Haters Club or something. That's what they go at. That's not what people are interested in. And there is angst because Robert Baron's like JD. Vance and Donald Trump got it. The Midwest told us we didn't do that. They talk about private schools. Where in the heck are you going to find a private school in a town of four hundred. Those are public schools. Those are great teachers that are out there making a difference and gave us an opportunity to succeed that ankst that jd Vance talks about in hell Billy elg none of my hill Billy cousins went to Yale.
Speaker 1: He should be the vice presidential nominee because he's good. He got in about in fifty nine seconds. A whole bunch of points there, as well as the fact that because because his uncle has the hutzpah to disagree with Governor Waltz, the Democratic governor of Minnesota, well what do you do. You just say your uncle's a weirdo? The Thanksgiving dinner table. That's certainly going to bring America together. We haven't even got to Elizabeth Warren yet. We're going to get to her on the other side of the break in your phone calls. How is it that the whole conversation which a few just a few weeks, a couple of weeks ago, after the assassination attempt on Donald Trump, we were all thinking, maybe we're going to get a different type of campaign. If anything, this campaign is going lower, quicker on both sides. Then that he makes twenty sixteen and twenty twenty look like the Marcus of Queensbury rules. If you agree, right, if you disagree, that's even better. Six, one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty, triple eight nine to nine ten thirty or six one seven, nine three one ten thirty were coming right back on night Side.
Speaker 2: Now back to Dan ray Line from the Window World Nightside Studios on WBZ the News radio.
Speaker 1: By the way, coming to that comment by Governor Wells of Minnesota, pretty pretty slick, you know. He hit about five or six points, and he talked about one, you're needing private schools in towns with four hundred people. No, you don't need, Governor. If you're a little town in Minnesota and you only have four hundred people, you don't need a private school. Okay, you have a public school, it'll work. But if you're a kid in a major urban city Chicago, Detroit, Minneapolis, Boston, New York, San Francisco, you're the kid who's going to get short changed because in those cities, all of the children of the elected officials, for the most part, go to private schools Saint Albans in Washington, d C. The Friends of Sidwell School in Washington, d C. The kid is the poor kids who go to the public schools. That's why you do need some sort of a vulture program and have some competition so that it's just not the rich families that can send their kids to the private schools, but it's everyone. So again, Governor Walt, you're being a little disingenuous with that nice presentation, but a little disingenuous. I got to go to Elizabeth Warren here real quickly because I have promised you this. So this is the question that she was asked by Jake Tapper yesterday on ABC about immigration and of course the number of people, the millions of people who have crossed the border in the last three and a half years cut sixteen robbed.
Speaker 7: I don't need to tell you voters overwhelmingly disapprove of how the Biden Harris administration has handled the border. By giving the nomination to one of the leaders of the border effort, aren't Democrats doubling down on one of your party's biggest vulnerabilities.
Speaker 1: So this is the response from our senior Senator Elizabeth Warren, and in the middle of it you will hear her admit what the Democrats Why the Democrats have had open borders for the last three and a half years and encourage people to come here and cross the border in during the last three and a half years. This is cut thirteen her in full.
Speaker 8: Well, let's remember to start with the facts, and that is that border crossings now are lower than they were in the last year of the Trump administration. But recognize, and I know that Kamala Harris knows this, This is a problem that ultimately has to be solved by Congress. We need the tools in order to have more resources at the border, to have more resources in the states and cities that are supporting migrants, and I believe we need to create a pathway to citizenship. All of that is a part of what we need to do for comprehensive immigration reform. Kamala Harris will work with Congress and get that done. Donald Trump, by contrast, recognizes that Democrats and Republicans work together. Starting last fall, negotiated a deal. Two days before they were getting ready to vote on that border deal, Donald Trump called on the Republicans who had praise the deal to back away from it because he wanted chaos at the border, because he thought it would help him in this race. On November fifth, So it's really a question of who do you trust on the border. Do you trust someone who has actually been a prosecutor who has been there in a border state, who works with Congress toward a solution, or do you trust someone who says, you know, chaos is politically helpful to him, so he's just going to go with that.
Speaker 1: The borders are she was the head of the border for three and a half years, and now the Democrats. No, she remember what the borders are. No, I'm telling you we're getting We're just getting the flim flam from both sides here. Nobody, nobody is being square with the American people at this point. It is as simple as that. And to listen to Elizabeth Warren. Now we know we want to make eleven million people. If we could only make eleven million people citizens by election day, Hey, thee elects will be over. Let me go to Will and Long Island. Will you've been very patient here as always. Sorry we had to hold you a little bit. But you've got a lot to talk about if you'd like, go ahead, Will.
Speaker 9: So, yeah, so let's unpack it a little bit. First off, you know how I am about immigration.
Speaker 1: I'm really not.
Speaker 10: I don't fit into the.
Speaker 9: Mold of either party. I believe that this wedge is so that every two years or four years for president or six years for Senate. Some imbecile could run on, build a wall, there's stealing our jobs, and the other side could run on we're a nation of immigrants, we need to be compassionate. And white replacement theory is a thing. I don't care what they say. I don't care if they call me racist. I'm not stupid. Just simply look at the demographic nineteen sixty to twenty twenty four and you'll just see the country was ninety something percent white as late as nineteen fifty nine, and today if you're not if you're excluding Latinos that consider themselves white, it would be forty two percent.
Speaker 1: By the way, I don't buy in. I don't just so you know, you and I agree in a lot of things. I do not buy into that at all. I think there is a natural progression. That's why you don't really in this country. Came from England in sixteen twenty. But you displace bridge to that theory.
Speaker 10: Okay, you don't have to buy into that theory.
Speaker 9: But there's a reason why it is so hard to get in from other places and not from certain places, Okay, because.
Speaker 1: That's because of grad That is because of legislation that Congress says passing demographic votes a certain way. I agree with.
Speaker 9: You, in demographic votes a certain way. And the reason they need more is because thirty seven percent of Latinos voted for Trump. So after they're here for a couple of generations and they decide to become Republicans, then you have the first lady.
Speaker 10: Go out there and say your community is.
Speaker 9: The versus tacos, so we need to import some more tacos. Please say, listen, I have property in South America. I know, I speak fluent Spanish. I deal with a lot of Latino people. I understand what they're doing to that demographic. And if they really cared about Latinos Dan, well, then when they were talking about those poor Doca kids, when Trump was the president, Doca docat Doca o, Casio Cortez was on her knees in the white pants suit, crying down at the border. They had the House, the Senate, and the presidency for the first two years.
Speaker 1: We're very much aware of that. You're absolutely correct.
Speaker 9: At that point, but I just k they did nothing about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so go ahead. I don't mean to interrupt you.
Speaker 10: Go ahead, No, that's fine.
Speaker 9: I don't want to either talk over you either, but I know that's a really that's a point where we are in extreme disagreement, or that there is a I don't believe in coincidences, Dan, I believe that if they're sociologists, lawyers and psychologists on their side can figure it out years before we cand. That's how you wind up with one hundred years of left indoctrination to our school systems that turned in today. This is not an action that was by design all of this anyway. She also mentioned some other great things. I don't know if you heard all of that.
Speaker 10: I don't know if it was in this interview with the last one.
Speaker 9: Your senator over there about fixing the Supreme Court, you know, to fix it then.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, absolutely, because in her view it's undemocratic. But of course what people forget to mention is that presidents are elected by the people, and that presidents, based upon the retirement of individual justices, they're going to have to do a lot to change the constitution. You couldn't have a democratic process than the Supreme Court, because it's presidents who are elected by the people who choose and by the way, they then have to be confirmed by the US Senate, and they have been Supreme Court nominees that were rejected by the US Senate.
Speaker 9: Well, that's completely logical what you just said. But you know what, I'm starting to agree with them at this point. You know what, You're right, Let's pack the court. When we win this time, and if we have the House and the Senate and we have the presidency, You're right, let's pack the court. Let's put on five more conservative justices so we never have to have this conversation ever again.
Speaker 1: Well, you don't believe that. I don't believe that, Okay, of course not.
Speaker 9: But you know how did we get here, Dan, Because Harry Reid at one time said we won't have it during an election year. Then we said we won't have it during an election year, and then we made it during an election tit for tat politics. That's how we got.
Speaker 1: Out absolute And let me take this. The average person doesn't remember that, and even if you and I remind them of that, they won't remember it by tomorrow.
Speaker 10: They'll remember That's how they get away with this. They don't remember that Kamala.
Speaker 9: Harris Okay was putting people in jail for the same laws that Joe Biden authored that put black people in prison for minor drug offenses, and she was out there imprisoning them for marijuana. And then when the political tide turned, they pretended like it never happened.
Speaker 1: But it was she putting people in jail for marijuana. She was imbibing herself.
Speaker 10: Oh well, I think she made that up.
Speaker 9: I think she made that up to act cool.
Speaker 10: I don't think she ever smoked a joint ever in her life.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I can only you. I tend to believe what people say. Of maybe I'm not.
Speaker 10: If they're so, I'll tell you where they got the word.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you. Let me just say one quick thing, and then if his, I'll give you find a word. Okay. This is the miraculous nomination because this, to the best of my knowledge, is the first nominee of a Democratic or Republican party who won the nomination without ever having a single vote cast for her, uh and without ever having a delegate nominated for her. This is the immaculate nomination of like that, That's what I'll tell you. I say that one for you. It's the immaculate nomination.
Speaker 9: And the irony of of of Biden running around saying Putin's elections are unfair. Meanwhile, the Democrats did everything they could to exclude everybody from a fair primary that they knew that this guy was mentally incompetent. That's another thing when they start telling you, oh, well, you know what, yeah, now he's mentally incompetent. So three weeks before, when Morning Joe was saying, this is the best version of Biden we've ever seen, and three weeks later he.
Speaker 10: Became mentally incompetent. I tell them, you don't get to do that. You don't get to say that you voted for him when he was like this, and you.
Speaker 9: Would vote for him again if he was leading in the polls. Your disingenuous, your borderline liars, and you were trying to shove this down people's throat. And if he wasn't losing in the polls, you'd make excuses for what he is right now, and you still vote.
Speaker 1: The funny thing was he really wasn't losing in the post. I saw some polls from John from Suffolk University that had I think it was Trump forty six and Biden forty three.
Speaker 9: You know it was, It wasn't really the polls that show the national election that they were concerned about.
Speaker 1: It was aground states.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and which is why Hillary Clinton won the election by two million but wound up losing the election.
Speaker 1: I get that, so they yeah, so well, okay, that's fine. But what I'm saying is, I don't know that a month from now, Harris's numbers are going to be any better. But I mean it is. It's the immaculate nomination.
Speaker 9: First, I love the phrase.
Speaker 10: You know, it's perfect, it fits perfectly. But you know, also one more thing I know.
Speaker 1: You could when you call other talk shows.
Speaker 10: Are I'm gonna repeat it everywhere. I'm gonna repeat.
Speaker 1: It phrase and give me credit or not. I don't care.
Speaker 9: Well know, Dan Ray, my friend Dan Ray called it the immaculate nomination, and it is.
Speaker 1: Well, when you think about it, there wasn't one penny spent on a bumper sticker, there wasn't one campaign rally. It was all Joe Biden. Yeah, I know, it's the.
Speaker 10: Million dollars all right, into the caffers.
Speaker 9: It was fantastic. It was just great.
Speaker 10: But here's here's my favorite place.
Speaker 1: Last last comment will go four minutes into the newscast.
Speaker 9: Go ahead, fine, you know when they got Weirdo from Dan. My friends were at the RNC and the minute that they nominated jd Vance, I talked to my friends on the phone and I said.
Speaker 10: Why did they nominate that weirdo?
Speaker 9: The first thing I said, all right, so maybe they were taped into my phone, dam because I don't care if the Republicans listen to your show, will listen to me right now? Even if someone have known me and liked me, The man is a weirdo.
Speaker 10: And I don't know why we didn't pick Tim Scott. All right, have a good night, buddy, I'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 1: Well, I think the person who should have been picked with Nicky Haley.
Speaker 9: She would have been okay.
Speaker 10: But I'm a Tim Scott guy.
Speaker 1: The Democrats don't get me wrong. But if Trumpet had the courage to say to himself, look, you know she had been my investmor to you, and she's she's comfortable with.
Speaker 9: She Obviously he obviously forgives never Trumpers because this weirdo was a never Trumper.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I agree, Irony, this is not somebody who has been there. This is not like he's looking to run with Steve.
Speaker 9: But what about the outfit? What about the optics of a black male vice president, and then have all the white liberals coming out calling them uncle Tom in all types of derogatory words, and then get to sit back and pretend they're not racist, and all the racism will come full display of the of the Democratic Party. As long as it's as long as you're black in Democrats, then it's okay.
Speaker 1: All right, we got we went a long time here. Well, I gotta let you go as always game, Thank you man, talk to you. All right, Well we'll keep rolling here. Let me move Will off. You can drop Will for me. Thank you very much. Rob We're going to get back to phone calls right after this news break at the bottom of the hour.
Speaker 2: It's Night Side with Dan Ray on Boston's news radio.
Speaker 1: All right, we may have two same numbers up there, rob By the way, just open up that one line here, double check me, if you would, If you would be so kind, let me go to the first Stephen Cambridge. I think this is the regular Stephen Cambridge. Hi, Steve, how are you lost that Stephen? Okay, here we go. This is this is the actual Stephen Cambridge.
Speaker 11: I accident hung up the phone. Okay, that's Okay, that that previous caller. I mean, he has a lot of interesting things to say, but he says them so fast and so emphatically. I couldn't follow what his general Uh does he have a general point, David? I mean.
Speaker 1: You're talking about wil from Long Island, right.
Speaker 11: Yes, does he have a general point? I mean, yeah, he's.
Speaker 1: He's pretty, he's pretty skeptical of a lot. You know, I had an issue with you know, he for some reason brought up this this stupid right wing idea of the white replacement theory, which goes back to the to that horrible scene done in in Virginia many years ago. I just think that that is counterproductive. I mean, let the other side be divisive. Let's talk about unity, Let's talk about how all of us talk about the issues that That's what drives me.
Speaker 11: Know you, I agree with you, and I hope and pray, But I don't know if he's going to do it. That Donald Trump will just talk about the issues with his opponent. And because she's so far left that I think if you just go by what she says, I think a lot of Americans will see that this is really not the way we want to go forward in this country.
Speaker 1: Well, the funny thing about it was that when she ran for president in the run up to twenty twenty, she had no support, absolutely no support, and she was the first in in the first out. She didn't make it past the Iowa didn't make it to the Iowa caucus.
Speaker 11: Right, I don't know if we can. Well, you know, Dan, I have to say, I don't like the term replacement theory.
Speaker 1: It's ridiculous. It's a ridiculous I.
Speaker 11: Do believe at the left definitely wants to change the demography in this country, and I believe they one of the reasons they do it are the primary reason they do it, is because they know that our constitution was founded, was written determined by white Anglo Saxon men, and they and I think that they feel that other ethnic groups and whatnot really do not bide, do not by the principles of our constitution.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll tell you I think she's dead wrong on that, and I'll tell you why. Okay, I think, but the Left wants to divide this country between is people who work hard, go to work every day, and are interested in pursuing the American dream, interested in improving the lot of their families, their lot and all of that and people. They want more people here who depended upon the government. That's what they want, that is.
Speaker 10: No question, just matter.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter what their skin color is, what their ethnic background is. They want people who are dependent upon them so that they can pass another program that doesn't help those people. Those people languish in poverty, they're not helped at any point. The same people who were in poverty ten years ago for the most part of poverty today. And when people get out of poverty, they say to themselves, Hey, this idea of freedom and a free market, that's a pretty good deal. You know. It allowed me to start a business and now I'm I'm the boss and I'm employing twenty people.
Speaker 11: Well, I think people like Kamala Harris and Elizabeth Warren, free enterprise to them is anathema.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well again, they certainly don't believe in it. You have you know, I mean Warren of all, I mean she's a socialist. They look at socialist countries around the world is what we should become. That's what they want us to become. And that's not what we ever have been. We have. They do not look at America as an exceptional country. We're exceptional not because of our geography, but because of the economic system that offers people an opportunity to improve their lot in life.
Speaker 11: Right. But Dan, you know one thing that that fellow said and that I kind of agree with, is that part of the reason for that is the demographics and the demographics produced are constitution. And if they can change the demographics, they can completely overwhelm the Constitution, like what they're trying to do with the Supreme Court. That means individuals. That means hard work, Yes, that means a certain amount of religiosity, moral rectitude. These are things that again I think they find anethma.
Speaker 1: But I think that people of all backgrounds, I mean, you do not have more fundamentally religious peace people than African Americans in America. The average African American spends a hell of a lot more time in church than the average white suburban couple. The average Hispanic spends a heck of a lot more time in organized in an organized religion. I'm just telling you that that people evolve, it's it's freedom that they don't like. They don't I.
Speaker 11: Think I don't think any of like, if you look at South America, there's no way that our constitution would have come out of South America. There's no way it would have come out of Asia, there's no way that it would come out of Africa.
Speaker 1: But there's a lot of people out of those countries who by hook up by crook, want to get here to take advantage of.
Speaker 11: Our and they want that and they respect our constitution. I agree with you, but I think the left looks that if they can change the demography and.
Speaker 10: Can I get one.
Speaker 11: Last you know, I think one thing that's going to be unfairly critical of Kamala Harris is my guess is that her stance on marijuana in calif when she supposedly was so strict and enforcing the law, is that she was going after marijuana simply because you know, it's people plead down to marijuana. That she was actually going after real criminality, and you know, she wasn't really going after the marijuana. I mean, very few people in the United States and last twenty years have really spent time in jail for marijuana less it's large, large quantities most of the time.
Speaker 1: And we're talking, we're talking about her time in early nineties, in the early two thousands and My understanding is that she was throwing the book at people if you got caught up. And again, I'm not a marijuana guy.
Speaker 11: Okay, no, I know that neither.
Speaker 1: However, however, she apparently was laughing when I think it was she was on with I forget which national talk show host, and he raised the He raised the issue with her might have been Chelomie to God who raised the issue with her about putting black men in jail for minor drug offenses. And he asked her, and you you you must have smoked pots. I did. Yeah.
Speaker 11: I don't think Dan, those guys are going to jail from minor product expent. I think they were pleading down to a minor plot pod ex pod. I think they were committing other crimes. But they the state decided, well, we can get them on marijuana. He's you're still given that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well okay, we can. We can agree to disagree with that. When Steve Arire, thank you very much, Thank you much, Steve from Cambridge. We will be right back on nightside. We got a couple of open lines at six one seven uh six one seven ninety. That'll get you right in the door and we will talk about this into the next hour if you want, and if not, we have another topic or two which we can get to again. You decide, but you got to light the lines up if you want to continue to talk about this back on Nightside after this.
Speaker 2: Now back to Dan Ray live from the the World night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 1: Back we go. Let's go to Tom and Rossendale. Tom next on the Nightside, Go right ahead.
Speaker 12: Hi, Dan, Tom. Earlier in the conversation, you mentioned that Jen Sackey was speaking on behalf of the White House. But she doesn't work for the White House anymore, so I didn't say.
Speaker 1: I didn't say she was speaking in behalf of the White House. I said she used to be the press secretary at the White House.
Speaker 10: Oh okay, I thought I thought you were.
Speaker 12: Saying that she spoke on behalf of the White House and was calling him a weirdo and that.
Speaker 1: But she's at she's a political operator, just as as some Republicans used to be, you know, white House press secretaries. She's she obviously has a has a point which she could have, so no, the democratic governors have a point of view. But I did not say she was speaking on behalf. I said that she's a former spokesperson for the White House.
Speaker 10: Okay, thank you.
Speaker 12: And when you were speaking about Elizabeth Warren saying that, did you say that she wanted to get eleven million people in here before the election?
Speaker 1: No, what I said was what I said was that there are eleven million people who have come in in the last three and a half years. That's one of the estimates. And she used the figure that we have to do, you know, all of this immigration reform, including getting those eleven people on the pathway to citizenship. And I said, I'm sure it would be her dream to have them made citizens before this election, but that's not going to happen that quickly.
Speaker 12: No, of course not.
Speaker 1: But still the point is the point she wants to reward. The point is trying to make tom if I, and I'd love to get your reaction to it, was that she wants to reward people who have come here in defiance of our immigration rules, as opposed to awarding the p I would rather take the first eleven million people who are in line and have have filed you know, legitimate requests to come here consistent with our rate, with our immigration rules. I'd rather make them citizens before people.
Speaker 12: Will come here legally first in line. I agree with you one, But can I ask you, if you were to vote for tomorrow, would you vote for Donald J.
Speaker 10: Trump?
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, I've never voted. I haven't voted in the last two elections. I don't know if either one of these candidates. I had a couple of opportunities to vote for Trump, I chose not to. I didn't vote for Biden. I didn't vote for Hillary either. And I had said before when when President Biden was still a candidate, that I'd seen the movie before and they didn't like the way it ended. And I'm not impressed by Kamala Harris either. You know, I'm impressed by some of the Democratic governors that are out there from what I hear about them. But but I think if if you think Joe Biden was was was rule by a bunch of progressors, If you like the way things have gone to this country in the last four years, be sure to vote for Kamala Harris because they'll only get worse.
Speaker 12: And you were saying that she's the immaculate nomination, the immaculate she hasn't been nominated yet.
Speaker 1: Do you have any doubt that she's going to be the nominee. Matter of fact, should be the nominee before the convention. That's even better, should be the nominee nominee by August seventh. That's the timetable, that's the schedule. She was selected by the Grand poobas of the Democratic Party and by the money class and the Democratic Party. All those fourteen million people went to the polls in Iowa and New Hampshire and other states that voted for Joe Biden.
Speaker 10: But she has not been nominated yet.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what, you're right, You're absolutely right, you're absolutely And let me tell you something else. The election which is scheduled, well, well, it will be the immaculate nomination when she's nominated, because she will be nominated without in my I'm going to predict, you know what else you're going to predict, Tom, I'm going to predict that the Democratic nominee is going to carry Massachusetts in November. You can you can mark that one up on the board. Okay, there's something on that. Yeah, yeah, And I'm going out on the limb in terms of the immaculate nomination as well. Thanks Tom gott to run, appreciate it. Let me get one more in here if I can before the break, Okay, and we're gonna go to Eileen in Waltham. Hi, Eileen, how are you good?
Speaker 13: Thanks Dan? And how are you to deceave me?
Speaker 1: I'm a little tight on time, and I don't want you to have to wait through the news.
Speaker 13: Go ahead, I question no quick statement I read today before I saw Elizabeth Warren's statement, that's forty percent of the people in Massachusetts. Twenty one percent of the people in Massachusetts do not speak English.
Speaker 1: I don't know that to be true. I did not know that to be false, but.
Speaker 13: It was you know, whatever you want to call it.
Speaker 1: Well, we have I will tell you this. We have. We have about seven million people at this point in Massa. I think it's six point eight but let's say seven million, so forty percent of that would be almost three million, about two point eight million people. No. Now, maybe they mean English is not their first language. But there's a lot of people.
Speaker 13: Who speaking No, no, they don't speak English. And I know I have a business with Elgrit yep and more than forty percent of the people and ever don't speak English. Well over half the people that I run into.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean that certainly should qualify them to be able to vote, don't you think, and become citizens.
Speaker 13: Yeah, but no, but about twenty percent nationwide. Guess what there were no non speaking people at Martha's Vinion, or in Wellesley or in very few and Cambridge.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, I know that, well, I know that. Yeah. Fact, the good people at Martha's Vineyard made sure when those folks landed on that plane they were given some sandwiches and some T shirts and maybe a hat or two and put on the bus the next day off the island water. All right, I lean, I think you made your point. You made it really.
Speaker 13: Well interesting combination when I saw the two of them together.
Speaker 1: Thanks Eilean. Talk again. I'll give you more time next time. But you don't have to wait to Linus and Mark. You stay there, you'll be first up. If not, if you're not there, folks six, one, seven, two, five, four, ten, thirty, we'll carry this for a while. We're going to also switch topics a little bit later on tonight and talk about that Olympics opening ceremony which caused so much controversy. But we'll continue for a while on this again. You decide what we want to talk about. Coming back one night side