Speaker 2: Back here at Gamble.
Speaker 1: Perfect timing you kind of is in the interview room, Chris Daley has joined us here for the daily recap for the last time at Gamble this season.
Speaker 2: I think we're good for four more times of these.
Speaker 3: What do you think I we'd love to have that opportunity.
Speaker 2: Crowd was absolutely amazing tonight.
Speaker 3: It was you could sense it.
Speaker 4: There's a different feel even waiting in the locker room before the game, walking in the crowd and the lines, it was electric.
Speaker 1: Page what a game tonight. I mean it got you know, credit to South Dakota State. They made it miserable early on, but then Paige said, okay, enough of this. I'm taking over this game with the help of her teammates because KK I thought played a big role.
Speaker 3: Ink was trufic off the bench. You know. Page started the first two possessions where I.
Speaker 4: Didn't think she was aggressive enough, and she took I thought two shots that maybe were not as aggressive as win. She went on that run where I think she I don't even know, maybe eight or nine shots in a row, but she started off and that impacted our team. We were a little bit maybe we were a little too excited a little amped up just because the way the crowd was, just the energy and the buzz, and you know, sometimes you want to win so badly you want to go up one hundred in the first possession. But once we settled down and Paige had a lot to do with that, making plays and everybody, you know, I thought our defense was really good. As you mentioned, kk came in and I thought really tormented their guards. We did a really good job on their post players. She's really good, and we didn't allow her to do a whole lot a couple of you know, she made two passes I think out of double teams. But overall, I thought our defense was really good.
Speaker 1: Paige Meyer is also a pain in the butt too. Reminds me a lot of Miley Mugenson from creating that same kind of build, that same kind of feistiness. But once Kate k Ca came in, I thought she'd certainly changed that. In twenty five points off turnovers in the first half, I mean, can't do much better than that.
Speaker 4: No, we were aggressive and we took advantage of it when we did. You know, we turned them over a lot, and I wasn't really expecting that because they are real let me tell you, when you you get the bracket and you see sat Zakota, stay in your bracket. It's not an easy out. And I have so much respect for them and what they do and how they do it, how hard they play. They really go downhill and they put pressure on you to have to try to keep them out of the lane. And then their post player, you know, she has a lot of different ways to score. So there was a lot going in that we were concerned with, and you know, we responded really well and created a lot of opportunities, a lot of turnovers that resulted in points.
Speaker 2: Sarah be and Sarah again too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it seemed a little more quiet, you know, it's always kind of quiet. I guess.
Speaker 4: I don't know, but she just she has a knack. I didn't know if she was a little more. I didn't know if she was nervous today or not. You can never really tell because she's pretty much the same. But I think everyone was pretty excited knowing it was our last game in Gamba, and but it was a good way to send our seniors out and for us to be headed to our and Gin just said this, I had no idea. I guess our thirty.
Speaker 2: Third, thirty first consecutive, thirty first concutive.
Speaker 4: Okay, thirty first consecutive, which is pretty amazing when you think about all those years and all the different people, all the different players, all the different teams we've had to play in the matchups. So it's pretty impressive, and we're excited looking forward to going out to the regional.
Speaker 2: And playing Oklahoma. It's gonna be a lot of points.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, yeah, it's gonna be interesting, you know. I think so far we've had two different matchups in the NCAA tournament that were different, you know. So our first night against Arkansas State, their style is very different than today against San Diego State and San Diego South Dakota State, their style is different. They still they had a post presidence, but not the size that Reagan beers is so and they have an inside outside presence as well.
Speaker 3: So we're gonna have our hands fuld getting ready for them.
Speaker 2: All right, You ever been spoken?
Speaker 4: I have, Actually there was an AAU tournament. There are many many many years ago. I actually I went to court in Idaho because it's right it's closed, and John Stockton's bar and he owns a bar. I guess right, okay there, okay, so yeah, so I've been there.
Speaker 3: I don't really you know.
Speaker 4: Those are the two things I remember about, being the bar and the water. But yeah, so we'll see. We're looking forward to.
Speaker 2: It, all right. Let's go get a win on Saturday and then we'll worry about Monday. Monday, all right.
Speaker 3: Thank Chris.
Speaker 2: Is always a pleasure.
Speaker 1: Thank you, all right. Chris daily with us in the Daily Recap. Couple of notes shooting the ball wise for yukon six of