Speaker 1: Come on, here we go, Here we go. Good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now, ladies and gentlemen, he's rod right, yes, sir. Oh, we're gonna be busy today. Wakey, wakey.
Speaker 2: Keep the snakys and cupcake's covered.
Speaker 1: It is cold, cold, cold outside. I got twenty two degrees here in the beautiful crime free Galleria area. Twenty two degrees. You're kidding me right now, hard freeze all of those things. You know, this is where you gotta start worrying about.
Speaker 2: The fun stuff is over the pipe first thing, and the black ice and the roads are nasty. Don't drive today, guys. What are we doing today? On the show? Jordan Welsh and the Machine, he's.
Speaker 1: Going for one number two in the fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Budspas tickets in homeroom. We're gonna give you those on the Fun Fact Flashback.
Speaker 2: Shy Down coming to town they announced yesterday at eleven o'clock, so we're gonna give you tickets to Shine Down before they go on sale. We'll talk about that show at the seven o'clock hour. Tickets coming your way at seven twenty concert announced mint at eight o'clock AJR tickets Rodeo. We'll get to those in the oh hup day, There you go. We'll get to those rodeo tickets in the eight o'clock hour. One thousand dollars alternative income. We've got a new Poppa Roach song I think to listen to today on the Show So World Premiere Poppa Roach concert announcements, Shine Doown tickets, wild Card Wednesday, and we got cold temperatures.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Alex. What are Houston's headlines? Morning rode Good morning, home room.
Speaker 3: The fun phase of our winter storm is over, like you said.
Speaker 1: Now, it's the hazardous phase that kicks in.
Speaker 3: Temperatures dropped into the teens overnight, putting all the areas that saw us snow yesterday into a hard freeze warning. Temperatures may not warm until or to above freezing until about ten or eleven this morning. Black Eyes on the roof is expected to be an issue all throughout Southeast Texas until at least a few hours after sunrise, so if you have to be out on the roads, be very careful. There's an extreme cold warning in effect until nine am this morning, which is also in Both Bush and Hobby airports are scheduled to reopen after being closed yesterday. Schools still closed today though, Yeah, okay. President Trump stayed busy in Washington yesterday in his first full day back in office, announcing a joint venture with soft Bank, Open Ai, and Oracle that's named Starlink and is aimed at making a quote huge advancement in healthcare. Trump also revoked a Biden administration policy that blocked ice arrests near school's, places of worship and other locations deemed sensitive. Happy National Hot Sauce Day, everybody. According to a report from instacart, Frank's Red Hot is the most popular hot sauce brand in America, followed by Berman's Hot Sauce, Louisiana brand, Chilula and Texas Pete. Louisiana brand is considered Texan's favorite according to the study. And then the state that uses the most hot sauce is New Mexico, while Alabama uses the least amount.
Speaker 1: So enjoy a little hot sauce today on this national day.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, here's some good news or not or oh I fatious?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Netflix is raising prices once again. The biggest hike in price is going to be to the standard Plan which will go from fifteen forty nine to seventeen ninety nine a month, an increase of two dollars and fifty cents. Even the ad support subscription is going from six to ninety nine a month to seven ninety nine a month. The cost of adding an extra member to your account will also be increasing it as well. Netflix said in a statement quote, as we continue to invest in programming and deliver more value to our members, we will occasionally ask our members to pay a little more so that we can reinvest to further improve Netflix. Shine Down announced a new tour yesterday. It'll start in April, and it's going to be called the Dance Kid Dance Tour. They're going to be in Houston on August twenty seventh, playing the Toyota Center.
Speaker 1: Tickets are going to go un sale this Friday.
Speaker 2: We're gonna give you tickets at around well geez, we're doing that new Poppa Roach song at seven to twenty in the seven o'clock hour, we'll have shine Down tickets for you. Okay, all right, so just keep me honest and let's make sure we give those away.
Speaker 1: Okay. You're gonna start out with base, starting off with Baseball.
Speaker 3: Yeah, former Astros closer Billy Wagner was elected to the National Baseball Hall of Fame yesterday.
Speaker 1: He appeared on eighty two percent.
Speaker 3: Of the voter is ballots, easily clearing the seventy five percent mark needed for induction. It was Wagner's tenth and final year of eligibility. Had he not gotten in yesterday that that career of his just goes without being.
Speaker 1: A Hall of Fame career. Pretty insane stuff if you think about it.
Speaker 3: He's gonna be going into the Hall of Fame with Mariners, Legend each Ro Suzuki and former Yankee pitcher C. C.
Speaker 1: Sabathia.
Speaker 3: Wagner pitch for the Astros from nineteen ninety five to two thousand and three, so.
Speaker 2: That most of his career was here. You think he'll be wearing an Astros cap.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And then I believe that he's not the third former Astro, And there's a lot of former Asters in there if.
Speaker 1: You want to include Nolan Ryan.
Speaker 3: But I think if you put the if he world whereas the Astro's hat on his bust, he would be the third with Bagwell and Bigio.
Speaker 1: Wow. I hope he wears an astros hat on hat too.
Speaker 3: I mean he was there for the large majority of so I would imagine he does okay in bastball.
Speaker 1: Rockets are back in action tonight.
Speaker 3: They're gonna host the Cavaliers at the Toyota Center. They're entering this game. It's two and a half point underdogs. Tip off of me at seven o'clock. You can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports, all right.
Speaker 2: That overnight freeze dangerous driving conditions. Guys, we don't want you out there on the roads. I know it's new, as I say, not as I do around here with us because we're here obviously. First phone call if you if you are out there, I'd love to hear from you. Why is it that you're out on the roads. Are you an essential worker? Because I'm telling you that the roads are nasty. It's not a good place to be this morning. Whatever you want to get get us started with with that first phone call.
Speaker 1: Let's open up these phone lines.
Speaker 2: Jilie seven one, three, two five, the most interactive show on the radio starts right now.
Speaker 1: It's good morning, Rob Ryan's Show. It's always a great way to get things wrong. GNR. Welcome to the jungle, Stay home.
Speaker 2: Okay. I just put up that link on our stories as a picture of Alex. It's like, yeah, listen, live and stay off the roads. Okay, don't be driving today. You don't want to be involved in any of that ice that's out there on the roads. It's a very very hard freeze. We're in the twenties outside right now, and they just never got around to get into all the roads. So some of that snow had started to melt a little bit in the afternoon. It was wet that has now turned into ice, and we want you to be careful. Extreme cold warning right now. Okay.
Speaker 1: So I mean we're in the twenties right now.
Speaker 2: That's all you need to know. The sun will come out later. It's going to warm up a little bit later, which is great news. But we're gonna be really kind of encouraging you to stay off the roads now. The airports are opening up at nine, I know that, counter X what we're talking about.
Speaker 1: The schools are still closed today.
Speaker 2: I don't know what they're gonna do tomorrow. We'll see. It'll be interesting to see what kind of announcement.
Speaker 1: They make today.
Speaker 2: But man, we are going to be busy today and my feelings are hurt. We didn't get to announce Shine Doown, but man, Shine Doown with special guest Bush and Morgan Wade.
Speaker 1: August twenty seventh.
Speaker 2: Toyota Center tickets will go on sale this Friday at ten am at Toyota Center dot com. We're gonna give you Shinedown tickets in the seven o'clock hour, but I think it's seven twenty. Give me let me know if that's where it's Wizard scheduled it. We got DW pop Roach, right, I believe, So yeah, check if you see if that if that's at seven twenty. So I'm trying to figure out because I'm trying to pinpoint. I know people want these Shine Doown tickets. Yeah, okay, so Shinedown tickets probably closer to around seven point forty.
Speaker 1: We have a concert announcement at eight o'clock.
Speaker 2: We'll announce, we'll play some music, and then we'll give away the first pair of tickets. These tickets are gonna go on sale next week, but it'll be winning before they go on sale. Monster Jam tickets on know the show. Buzzfest tickets in homeroom. I mean, busy, busy, busy.
Speaker 4: It's some time for the first phone call of the day.
Speaker 1: Big Blue, Quick Club Rods. Big Blue.
Speaker 2: You work like you're one of these dudes that's out trying to get the ice off of the roads.
Speaker 1: What do you do.
Speaker 5: I'm actually a mechanic. I'm out here important the people who are de icing the roads here. I'm working out in Cyprus today. We're running twenty four hour shifts up here, and so I'm out here support. I figured i'd give you a call because I'm in broad jail right now until the ten from uh head to Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're in a little bit of jail. I understand that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I got quite a few of its jails here the first part of the year.
Speaker 2: Well, there was somebody one pump chumps, one after another after another. So you're you're a mechanic, you don't and what what do you what kind of cars?
Speaker 1: The truck what do you work on?
Speaker 5: Well, well, we're I'm with the eyes that are praying the brine on the bridges, the ice and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: You're working on those trucks, yeah, making sure the trucks have stayed and then working on them properly. I gotcha real quick. We don't have like reserves of salt and things like that. Where's the stuff coming in from.
Speaker 5: I believe we get our supply from State and it's it's brine.
Speaker 1: It's in the tanks. It's a liquid. Bet we're spraying.
Speaker 5: We don't throw salt, right if if we do anything, we have dump truck that we throw chat rock with that we're we're trying to get away from that. But more to this brine, that's what better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, A couple of guys had mentioned the brine thing earlier this week.
Speaker 1: All right, well, big.
Speaker 2: Lou listen, stay warm, thank you for checking in with us. Sorry you're in jail, but that's what happens when you lose on the Fresh out of bed Head to Head. You gotta wait thirsty consequence. All right, extreme cold warning, stay off the roads people.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: Jordan Welch and the machine. He's going to try to make it win number two. We got the Fresh out of bed Head to Head coming up. We're get set up for it.
Speaker 6: After this break Rock and Al trod.
Speaker 4: Ryan Morning Show. I'm six to ten am.
Speaker 2: All right, welcome back, everybody. Wildcard Wednesday, and it's going to be a busy one. We're getting set up for the fresh out of bad Heads to your Head Buzzfest tickets coming your way in Homeroom World premiere brand new music from Pompa Roach at seven twenty. We'll give you some of those shine down tickets after that. Seven forty ish Shinedown announced their tour yesterday they were.
Speaker 1: Waiting for, you know, after the fire and all that.
Speaker 2: And then another concert announcement today coming up at eight o'clock with tickets.
Speaker 1: So that's gonna keep us pretty busy.
Speaker 2: Extreme cold warning today, I mean twenty two degrees. It's like pipe bursting stuff. And I got one guy, so maybe somebody could back up this. But he said, ur cod has failed us. I forty five north of Houston. We got no power. Are you guys running on a generator in y'all's building? No, Carlos, we are not running on a generator here.
Speaker 1: We have power.
Speaker 2: You're the first person in all of this debacle that has said that they're without power right now.
Speaker 3: So I know Law has lost power a little bit yesterday, but they got it bad.
Speaker 2: And I know Galveston was hit with no power yesterday for a short for a period of time, So hoping you all keep your power on. Hopefully nobody gets a pipe burst. And I know weather is trending. That's the number one thing.
Speaker 1: This is everywhere, black guys, winter weather all that.
Speaker 2: I don't know specifically here, but for the first time in the history of ever, a blizzard warning was issued in Louisiana.
Speaker 1: Wow. Some people were skating on Canal Street. Yep.
Speaker 2: And I saw, you know, the French Quarter Bourbon Street, you know, such a famous place to see that film.
Speaker 1: They got more snow than us. Yeah, it looked like it. So weather is trending for sure. What else Billy Wagner trending?
Speaker 3: We talked about it in sports, but the former astro was elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame in his tenth and final a year of eligibility.
Speaker 1: So good to see him going into the hall.
Speaker 3: And Netflix is also trending because people are really mad about them increasing the prices on just about everything. Let's go up to like eighteen bucks, yeah, I remember, even the ad supported one is like an eight ninety nine.
Speaker 2: I think I'll never forget her. You and Dinah calling me cheap. I didn't have Netflix. You both did you thought you were hipsters because you can watch all the stuff.
Speaker 1: On fl You thought you guys were cool, and I think we were just saying you watched things.
Speaker 2: And then you looked at me and you said, Ron, it's under ten dollars a month.
Speaker 1: It was, and now I'm stuck with ad support it still is. Okay, who's our champion? Good morning, everybody. This is Jordan. Welcome the machine. You're fresh out of bad head to head one day champion, and what you just heard was history. I just took out the twenty twenty four.
Speaker 7: Grand Champion Adam the comp That's an upset for the year, my friends.
Speaker 1: Heck maybe for the decade.
Speaker 7: But join me on Walcard Wednesday when I make it win number two.
Speaker 2: Pitches Kid was excited. Anyways, he was excited about that win, that's for sure. Seven one three two one two five five.
Speaker 1: If you want to take on Jordan.
Speaker 8: You're listening to the Rod Ryan Show on ninety four five, the Bus.
Speaker 2: Ninety four to five, The Bus Panic and the Disco with high Hopes rod Ryan Show on this wild Card Wednesday. Twenty two degrees out there. That's the true temperature. We're gonna see sunny skuys later. Really no, I mean low chances of any kind of rain or sleep or anything like that. I think that most of that is behind us. But right now it's so cold out there. We don't want you out out on the roads. I know that we drove the roads to get here today. So yeah, do as I say, not as I do, stay off the road.
Speaker 1: All right, let's play a game.
Speaker 3: And now eachs time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge.
Speaker 2: Listeners to your corners the machine.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Good morning, brother Rod. I could feel the excitement in your victory speech yesterday. That was a good one. Huh, yep, it was. I was trying not to.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 1: That was kind of like Cory the goat Hunter. Almost everybody sounds like Corey the goat Hunter. Now, good morning.
Speaker 2: Everybody sounds like Corey is the most influential victory speecher for sure. All right, well, let's see if you can keep your winning ways going. Chili is taking the calls.
Speaker 1: Oh why is the carpet all with Todd? Are you kidding me?
Speaker 8: Todd?
Speaker 1: Oh boy, goody, good morning Todd. How are you? I'm doing awesome?
Speaker 2: Your first time on with us this year, obviously, yes. How many times in the Hall of Fame?
Speaker 1: Todd six six time Hall of Famer, Jordan, can you hear this?
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, a six time Hall of Famer. Now you beat the guy yesterday that won the whole damn thing. Todd was in the tournament.
Speaker 1: He knows these things. Jordan. Just keep winning.
Speaker 2: Just you beat the best guy last year. Who cares about Todd? You should care about Todd. You should care about Todd today.
Speaker 1: Welcome back, Todd. Thank you're out. Good luck Joby, Hey, good luck Todd. I'm not starting the music down a bit please, there you go? All right? I got a Rob Ryan Show t shirt for the winner. Today.
Speaker 2: We're listening for Jordan. We're listening for Adam Alex I need you. Oh I'm sorry. That was yesterday, Jordan and Todd. Here we go.
Speaker 1: Question number one, Which movie is this famous line from? Well? Okay, I mean just pick a movie, bro I'll pick one three Forrest Gump, Forrest Gum.
Speaker 2: I a bad guess, not a bad guess, Todd, what which movie is this famous line from?
Speaker 1: I Wish I knew how to quit You broke back Mountain. That's a correct answer, Jordan, would you have gotten that.
Speaker 6: I don't think so.
Speaker 9: I mean, I've seen that movie that it's been so long.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Todd's on the back. Yeah, it's just such a famous line, even if you haven't seen the movie. I did see the movie.
Speaker 2: It's uncomfortable. It's uncomfortable mountain. All right, Here we go. Jordan's certainly had the speed there, But Todd knew the answer question number two. How many tentacles does an octopus have?
Speaker 1: That's the tie. You got a tie on that?
Speaker 2: Okay, tie on that, boys, and I will back up my boy. That was the I mean, look up a tie. That's what you guys just did. Jordan and Todd tie. Now I understand where Tessa was coming from. Stop using up all my questions. There we go, Here we go.
Speaker 1: How many holes Jordan? Jordan's all right, Adam writing a ticket.
Speaker 5: Four?
Speaker 2: I thought you might have got this one, Todd. How many holes are played in a typical round of golf?
Speaker 1: Out? Eighteen?
Speaker 3: Yes, sir.
Speaker 2: Jordan, where were you going with four? What is four holes? Three holes in a bowling ball? I'm trying to think, like you know, eighty six holes, pull six holes on a pool table?
Speaker 1: Eighteen holes in golf four holes. He was going with four holes. He's wrong. I'm just a random guess. You were fast, though, Jordan, but it didn't work out for you, all right?
Speaker 2: One pump jump in the machine?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 1: Why is the Carver wet Todd? You want to play tomorrow?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 1: I think so? Okay, Bro, Welcome back.
Speaker 6: The rod Ryan Show. Good mornings on ninety four or five.
Speaker 2: The Buzz All right, ninety four or five, The Buzz that just maybe my favorite Nirvana song. Come as you Are. Rod Ryan Show on a wild Card Wednesday, strongly encouraging you all to stay off the roads today. I just saw a story that we've got. There was a couple of plows out there this morning on you know, my trip is seven minutes in from the Heights.
Speaker 1: I ten.
Speaker 2: My worry was on the overpass to get on the six ' ten loop, because when you start getting that cold air above and beyond any kind of a bridge, any kind of an elevated road, you know, those are the roads that are most likely to be frozen.
Speaker 1: And yeah, it was a little scary, you know, I was.
Speaker 2: You start like, you know, driving extra cautious. You don't want to do that. You don't want to do that. And I know the airports are opening up at nine, but I saw we've got plows here Wisconsin. Yeah, a couple of people, a couple of trucks from Wisconsin are here plowing.
Speaker 1: As well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I appreciate the help, Ben, I really do. Thank you guys so much so that extreme cold warning is an effect. We're encouraging you to stay home. Just listen to the show on your radio. Fresh out of Bed Head to Head Challenge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 1: And bring me the new champion. Good morning everybody, six Ton Hall of Famer. Why is the Carpetwet Todd?
Speaker 10: Now your fresh out of bed head to Head one day champion? For somebody's got to string together a couple of victories here, it may as well do me join me on Thursday winning and.
Speaker 9: Make it win number two.
Speaker 1: There we have it. Why is the cover Wet Todd? Pretty good player?
Speaker 2: He knows how to string together a couple of wins. See if he can be on with us for the rest of the week. I'm gonna have some Buzzfest tickets for you in homeroom okay, those coming up. We're gonna have the world premiere of a new Poppa Roach song coming at seven twenty seven forty. We'll get to those Shineedown tickets. Oh you didn't hear Shindown was coming to town. That was the eleven o'clock concert announcement. Jeremy had that. So we'll give away tickets, win them before they go on sale for the rest of the week we have.
Speaker 1: We have a.
Speaker 2: Concert announcement for you at eight o'clock. So I'm super excited about that. All right, that's some of the stuff that's happening this morning.
Speaker 1: We had to be here. It's the fuck that to the day? Yeah, we make you look smart and funny. Here, body, is this the fuck that to the Day? I said we had to be here and you should have thought Chili's daggers? Did we?
Speaker 5: Did we?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I'm excited about this concert announcement at eight o'clock is awesome. So excited. All right, here we go, geez, I know Wizard's up listening. He's gonna love this. It is estimated that there are about three million ships wrecked and sitting at the bottom of the world's oceans. They are worth millions of dollars between their artifacts and treasure.
Speaker 1: Three million ships have gone down building. What the hell that seems high? Well, actually, rod okay, okay sounds When Guns N' Roses was trying to figure out.
Speaker 2: A name for the band, you know, they had it like most things, you know, they had piece of paper. Everybody's bringing in their ideas and one of the ones at the top of the list. Like before they decided on Guns and Roses in nineteen eighty five, they were considering calling the band AIDS.
Speaker 1: That is fun, that's not fun. They didn't.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, guys, come on, you're a rock and roll Hall of Fame band.
Speaker 1: Maybe they wouldn't have been if they had nobody else. Give it up for AIDS. Nobody wants that. I get it.
Speaker 2: They were young and dumb. Thank god, you're right. Thank god they didn't go that way. North Korean women have to get one of eighteen different approved hairstyles approved by the government. Dudes have ten hairstyles to choose from.
Speaker 1: That's neat you have, that's it, Kim John un Bulka.
Speaker 2: It's crazy that there's a place on the earth that still does stuff like that.
Speaker 1: It's the fuck back to the day. You look, smock buddy, it's the fun back to the day, all right, here we go.
Speaker 2: I got Buzzfest tickets for you Saturday, May twenty fourth, Woodlands Pavilion.
Speaker 11: It's your fun.
Speaker 2: Okay, who invented the name Jessica? We learned that yesterday seven one three two one two five nine four five for Busfest tickets. It's now time for rockout with your stock out with Captain Cash. Captain Cash. He listens, Well, he stayed at home today. I told him, don't come in. I don't want you the roads high how.
Speaker 1: The dead? Maybe not? Oh there he is?
Speaker 8: Hi?
Speaker 1: How over here? I'm over here? I gotcha. I saw you with your hand up in the back room. Hell good.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you staying off the roads. You don't want to be on the roads today. Uh yeah, I don't want whenever you stay not to come in. You only have to tell me once. Yeah, because I always want hell here, But occasionally I'm like, dude, you just stay right there. Okay, he's all tucked in, he's in bed right now. A little hot cup of coco. All right, here we go. How do we do on Wall Street? Yesterday?
Speaker 12: That was a good day on Wall Street.
Speaker 1: The dad was up five hundred and thirty seven point kick off.
Speaker 12: This morning at forty four and twenty five Nash back up one hundred and twenty six to seventeen thousand, seven hundred and fifty six bench marketing your treasury it's trading at a four point five eight percent and oil sands at seventy six dollars seven center burrows to the most active is the Big Studs, three M, Caterpillar and Nike, the Big Dad's Apples, Chevron and work on the economic calendar. This morning we'll get numbers on US leading economic indicators for December. Right now, features looking good on the epside. Hanging on to this, you have Palnit of opening right here on Wall Street.
Speaker 11: That's it.
Speaker 12: I'm met here.
Speaker 1: This is Howlan managed to directly would and Ramy James proved by the ride Ryan.
Speaker 12: So Raymond Jamesjohns saying fully Beneicusta and jump your toys.
Speaker 1: For rock out with your stock out.
Speaker 8: Opinions expressed are those of helland and not necessarily those of Raymond James and Associatesank come imber NYC as IBC, I ART Radio or it sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed there's no insurance transmission.
Speaker 4: We'll continue.
Speaker 8: This is not a solicitation, offer, or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end. This programs are educational and informational services on the studs duds are based on movement, as reported by.
Speaker 2: Young Finance ninety four or five. The bus Welcome back, Rod Ryan Show. It sure is good morning. Who's on the phone.
Speaker 1: It's Chris, Hi, Chris, welcome to the show. How are you today?
Speaker 6: Doing well?
Speaker 9: Good morning?
Speaker 1: Are you upping out out on these roads as I'm yelling at everybody not to drive today?
Speaker 9: Unfortunately, I am no.
Speaker 1: I know some of you need to be out there. I understand.
Speaker 2: Let's see we can get you something. Let's see if can get you some Buzzfest tickets. Who invented the name, Jessica.
Speaker 9: It's our man, William Shakespeare.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Billy Billy Shakespeare in the play The Merchant of Venice. He invented that name. Congratulations, dude. We want to party with you at Buzzest.
Speaker 9: Thank you, Thank you, Ron.
Speaker 2: Buzz Best Saturday mag twenty Woodland's Pavilion.
Speaker 1: Chris is into the party now. Can't wait to hang with you brother, Yes, sir, I can't wait.
Speaker 9: I'm gonna take my son.
Speaker 1: It will be his first, his first buns best. Oh that is huge, dude. I love hearing that.
Speaker 2: I really do be safe out there on the roads that goes for you and everybody else.
Speaker 6: Hey, Alexa, play ninety four point five The Buzz on Iheartradiot.
Speaker 8: The Bus station from iHeartRadio, The.
Speaker 1: Ron Runyan Show on ninety four.
Speaker 11: Five Bus.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 2: That's lipp This is your Rod Ryan's Show Wildcard Wednesday Edition. Lots of stuff for you as always on links and guests. Information about that Shine Doown show on the music blog page that I believe it's headlining the music blog page today.
Speaker 1: We're gonna give you a chance to.
Speaker 2: Win some tickets next hour, but we want to play you that new We want to do the world premiere of a brand new song from the band Poppa Roach. It's out there. We're gonna give it its first spin, even if it kills me. Is the name of the song. They debuted it.
Speaker 1: You know they're over in Europe right now.
Speaker 2: They played their first They're selling out everywhere Europe.
Speaker 1: UK. They played their first show last night and they played that song for the.
Speaker 2: First time, I believe, in front of the in front of that crowd, that sold out crowd.
Speaker 1: So cannot wait to hear this song. I've not heard it yet.
Speaker 2: I want to share the moment with you, guys. We'll do that at seven twenty and then seven forty ish, we'll get to those shine down tickets.
Speaker 1: Sonny.
Speaker 2: Today we're gonna see highs of forty six.
Speaker 1: It like it's in the teens outside right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, true temperature is about twenty three of Peel seventeen.
Speaker 1: Alex has Houston's headlines. Good morning Rod, Good morning home room.
Speaker 3: The fun phase of the winter storm is over, and now we began.
Speaker 1: The hazardous phase.
Speaker 3: Temperatures dropped into the teens overnight, putting all the areas that saw snow yesterday into a hard freeze warning. Temperatures may not warm up until or above freezing until ten or eleven this morning.
Speaker 1: Black ice is going to be on the roads.
Speaker 3: To expect that to be an issue all throughout Southeast Texas until at least a few hours after sunrise. There's an extreme cold warning in effect until nine am this morning, which is also when Bush and Hobby Airports are scheduled to reopen after being closed all day yesterday.
Speaker 1: Schools are still closed.
Speaker 11: In the area.
Speaker 2: I did see you and the family having a little fun in the snow yesterday.
Speaker 3: We wandered around. It was fun. Yeah, I all got to see snow for the first time. I think it was Weeky's first time in the snow too.
Speaker 1: That's huge.
Speaker 2: You can see me on our Instagram at Rod Ryan's show. I'm sledding down a hill in a metal salad bowl.
Speaker 1: Oh, I like that. I like that.
Speaker 2: Like somebody's asking, what is the vessel you're going down that snowy hill?
Speaker 1: Rod, A salad bowl is all out of salad. My neighbor's salad bowl. That's awesome and especially because you don't have to clean it up now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my neighbors Son Deep and Tina brought that out there. Like you think this will work. I'm like, you're nuts.
Speaker 1: Did you try and put crisco on the bottom of it? Didn't eat it?
Speaker 6: Nice?
Speaker 1: It was awesome? Nice? All right? Well, Yeah, a lot of people were out yesterday. It was good to be safe.
Speaker 3: Now it's dangerous. It's dangerous to be out there and all that snow is turned into ice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't be on the roads.
Speaker 3: What testle for the California wildfires has increased. Unfortunately, the number of deaths linked to the fires in LA has now risen to twenty eight. At least seventeen people were killed and they eaten fire well. The Palisades fire killed eleven others. More fires broke out yesterday and near the San Diego area, causing an evactuation evacuation order to be issued for.
Speaker 1: San Diego County.
Speaker 3: A lot of people like to warm their car up when it's cold outside, like it is right now, But it turns out that you don't don't even need to anymore, not when it comes to the engine you don't have right Well, yeah, yeah, so, I mean, a big car guy like me knows that carburetor engines got phased out back in the nineties. Newer cars they were built with fuel injectors, warmed the car up in about five seconds. Now, the only real reason you would need to warm it up is for comfort, if you wanted to get that heater going, which, honestly, I felt like most of my life was just what people were doing anyways, Like you wanted it to be warm when you got in the car. I know that, Like, yeah, you had to kind of warm up the car back in the day. But like I always just like, no, you started the heater. That's where they got the remote start and everything, so you get the heat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a there's a pretty healthy layer of ice on your windshield this morning. So if you do have the remote start, that's badass. But yeah, I went out, started the truck, went back in the house. I let it run for a while, not for the engine, just to warm up the.
Speaker 1: Damn car warm. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Smashing Pumpkins front man Billy Corgan and comedian and friend of the Rod Ryan Show Bill Burr found themselves at the center of an unexpected FAMI mystery on Howie Mandel's podcast. It all began back in November last year, when Corgan was asked on Mandel's podcast about his resemblance to Burr. Corgan then shared a story about how his stepmother once suggested that Burr maybe one of his father's illegitimate children from his days as a traveling musician.
Speaker 1: Then fast forward to this month.
Speaker 3: The uh then Mandel had Burr on the podcast, surprised him by bringing out Billy Corgan. Bilber didn't really seem like he loved it. The two went back and forth about it uncomfortable, and then Coran kind of dismissed the idea, but Burr basically was just like, yeah, did you think that maybe that's why I ever brought this up?
Speaker 1: Like this the family thing. Let's take a listen. I got a little audio, okay for you.
Speaker 13: I got something special that I planned for you out of a place uncomfortable, bringing the surprise and look who's here.
Speaker 1: What's up? You're Billy Corgan. I thought this would be great to bring a family together. He didn't tell you. He told me you were totally cool with me coming. That's what he does. I thought it would then can't this be like edited out? I can go? I mean no, I'll do it.
Speaker 14: Mike.
Speaker 3: Did you ever think the fact that I never told that story that you know, maybe you shouldn't.
Speaker 1: Bill? Your boy isn't like sharing a ton of personal stuff. But Bill Burt is not joking there.
Speaker 2: He is completely uncomfortable because there is a really good chance.
Speaker 1: That those guys are half brothers.
Speaker 3: Well, there was a story in the in the podcast if you can go listen back to that that like Corgan's talked about his stepmother giving the story but he then kind of went on to dismiss the claims, being like, yeah, well maybe we're not really related, but.
Speaker 1: People are talking about it now.
Speaker 3: And when you talk about Bill Burr looking like him, now there's maybe a reason why. Know, he ruled it out, but they're just talking about I have a link to the podcast.
Speaker 2: It's really uncomfortable to watch, but it's there for you. H Tuli put up a link.
Speaker 3: Kid Rock performed at the Trump inauguration on Monday, but said that the Secret Service refused to let him use strippers during his performance. Since he and Trump are pals. Trump heard that rumor and decided to give Kid a call and to see if that was true. Kid Rock said he was surprised that Trump even had the time to give him a call, but told the president he was just joking around and that he never even tried, nor would he try, to bring strippers to the inauguration performance. It's pretty finey little story right there. But those are Euston's headlines.
Speaker 2: Okay, we have possibly another astro going into the Baseball Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's not sure yet if he's going to choose the astros Calm Madge, Yes, yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 3: Former closer Billy Wagner elected to the National Baseball Hall of Fame yesterday. He appeared in eighty two percent of the voters' ballots, which easily cleared the seventy five percent mark needed for induction. It was Wagner's tenth and final year of eligibility. That'll be going into the Hall of Fame with Mariners Legend ich Ro Suzuki and former Yankee pitcher CC Sabathia. Wagner pitched for the Astros from nineteen ninety five to two thousand and three. Congratulations to Billy.
Speaker 1: The Rockets are gonna be back in action tonight.
Speaker 3: They're gonna host the Cavaliers at the Toyota Center right now. They're two and a half point underdogs in that one. Tip off is at seven o'clock and you can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sport, all right, here we go. It's gonna be a busy, busy hour.
Speaker 2: World premiere new music from Popper Roach coming up at seven twenty.
Speaker 1: I hope you join us for it.
Speaker 6: Houston's Rocking Alternatives The Road.
Speaker 8: Ray Morning Show from six to ten am ninety four or five Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four, five the buzz Lincoln Park, kicking in the door of the seven o'clock hour. If you're carrying over from homeroom, thank you for just joining us. Wakey, wakey, keep your.
Speaker 1: Hands on your snaky. It's cold. It's in the twenties outside. It feels like it's in the teens.
Speaker 2: For crying out loud, why would you leave your house. Let us do all that nonsense. We'll do all that nonsense for you. Stay off the roads. This historic winter storm. They want you off the roads today. And then in that same breath, oh yeah, airports are opening up at nine, So if you need to get to the airport, I can only imagine the hell that if you've had flights over the last couple of days scheduled hey yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, I can only imagine what resk eduling has looked like for you. So extreme cold warning. There's some hope today sunny skies, we'll see highs of around forty six, but it's it's still gonna get cold on the overnights the next couple of days.
Speaker 1: So I hope your.
Speaker 2: Pipes are okay. I hope we're working. You know, the power stays on and all that good stuff. Okay, busy hour, Every hour is going to be busy. Concert announcement at eight o'clock.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited about this. Obviously, I know what it is. We'll give away tickets.
Speaker 2: We did not get to announce Shine Down yesterday, but they're gonna be coming through Houston. We'll talk about that later on because we're gonna give you a pair of tickets. Closer to around seven forty World premiere of popa.
Speaker 1: Roach coming up. We're gonna play you their new song. But I want chili.
Speaker 2: If you have a minute, chili, I'd love to check in with you. Two things are top of my mind. Number One, I don't see us on Facebook Live. We're we not The camera's not working today. I see you in my camera. But other than that, I don't see us on social media. What's going on.
Speaker 15: It's more of a technical difficulty that engineers looking at right now. They're working on it. So we just got to wait for that and then once this is ready to go, we'll be on on Facebook and YouTube.
Speaker 1: Okay, next thing, I think I know the answer to this.
Speaker 2: Did we ever pick somebody that was going to come down and play read my Lips. Yesterday, No, I knew we were taking I knew we were asking people to sign up on the website. Listen, the weather, the snow day, everything's got everybody kind of thrown off. So I guess we need to let notify somebody that they're coming in tomorrow to play read my Lips with us.
Speaker 1: So you got a bunch of people that applied.
Speaker 15: It was real low yesterday, so I'm keeping it open today again.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we can you want to announce before ten o'clock.
Speaker 15: Yeah, we'll announce before ten o'clock. So make sure you go to the right Ryan Show Links and Guests at the Buzz dot com and then you'll see it right there and then you can sign up and then we'll contact you today.
Speaker 2: Okay, if you want to come down and play read my Lips, you're gonna have to play against Alex.
Speaker 1: It's tomorrow.
Speaker 2: You can sign up on links and guests today, So we are locked in.
Speaker 1: We have that new Popa Roach. Yeah, we do. What a year from Papa Roach.
Speaker 2: Last year going into this year, I didn't know infest was twenty five this year. That's the one cut my life into pieces this is my last resort. Twenty five years old this year, so that's that's a big milestone for the band, twenty five years. I don't know if this is in the discussion, but it does qualify them for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame discussions. Now you have to be twenty five years removed from your from your debut album. But the one thing that we downplayed around this part, meaning on the buzz is there.
Speaker 1: Leave a Light on duet with Carrie.
Speaker 2: Underwood is still top fifteen at adult contemporary radio.
Speaker 1: It isn't introduced Papa Roach to a whole.
Speaker 2: New audience getting I mean, we played leave a Life, but then when they they introduced the track and Carrie Underwood was on it, it went wild like wildfire.
Speaker 1: Sorry it's a bad reference right now, but it just took off.
Speaker 2: Papa Roach had one of their biggest years ever last year with that duet with Carrie Underwood, getting so many new people involved with the band.
Speaker 1: They played a sold out show last night in Berlin.
Speaker 2: Tonight tomorrow night, they're in Frankfurt sold out, then Hamburg, Germany sold out on the twenty fifth, then they'll be in Warsaw, Poland.
Speaker 1: It's sold out, Austria sold out.
Speaker 2: There's a couple of Prog tickets in Czechoslovakia. But right now they're on this European tour. They're selling out everywhere now there are still tickets available. When they get done with this with this leg of their tour, their overseas tour in February, just about everything is sold out. They're playing London, Paris, Amsterdam, Brussels. Their first show back in the States when they hook up with Rise Against Where do you think They're playing March twentieth, Houston, Texas. After getting all warmed up over there in Europe when they hit the States, they wanted their first show.
Speaker 1: To be here. I love that pumpa Roach is huge here in Houston. I love that.
Speaker 2: So it's just it's going to be a massive year for the guys. I'm so excited for them. And I have not even heard note number one of this new Papa Roach song. I always want to share that stuff with you. So we got a brand new song. Even if it kills me, We're going to play it on the flip of this break. I hope you stick around and listen to it with us, and then I'm going to take some phone calls. I want you to tell me what you think of the song. Okay, so that's all coming up. We'll find out what's trending. We'll get a rec check in there. Don't go Anywhere Rock and Alternative for Houstick The Rod Ryan.
Speaker 4: Morning Show six to ten am. The Buzz.
Speaker 2: All right, welcome back, everybody. We're almost there. World premiere new musicper Roach. We've waited three years for brand new music from popper Roach Man.
Speaker 1: Am I excited? I don't know how. I haven't even heard one note. Have you heard it yet, Alex, I have not. Okay, we're all.
Speaker 2: Gonna get to listen to it together. We'll take calls. We've got an extreme cold warning today. It's in the twenties right now. We're gonna see highs today of around forty six. What's trending winter weather? Ye're still trending. It'll be trending all day. I would imagine, watch out for that black guy's on the road. Don't go out there on the roads unless you absolutely need to. The airports are gonna open at nine, most schools are closed.
Speaker 1: Just be safe that day.
Speaker 3: We got a hard freeze warning and effect, so.
Speaker 1: Just stay warm today. Step back back home, light a fire, safe one and listen to some new Papa Roach and Rod Ryan shows. Yeah all right? What else is trending? Wild Card Wednesday trending.
Speaker 3: Karinn Heart is submitted to us by JS and she's pretty awesome, So go check her out today at the Wee Famous Rider and show page at the Buzz dot com. In The Australian Open is also trending. The first Grand Slam tennis tournament of the year is going on right now and people are talking.
Speaker 1: About it online. Okay, that's what's training on ninety five the Buzz. Shall we listen to some Papa Roach. I think we shall.
Speaker 2: Let's get rid of that for there you go. Okay, Uh, you know I'm gonna take calls on it. I've already told you it's been three years. We've waited long enough. The song is called Even If It Kills Me World Premiere Papa Roach. Take a listen and then I'll open up every phone line if you want to talk about it. Seven one, three, two, five year we go, Hey, what's up?
Speaker 7: Yea as Jacobe from Papa Roach, check out our new song Even If It Kills Me? This is the iHeartRadio World premiere right now on ninety four or five. The Buzz, Houston's rock and alternative.
Speaker 1: Is disapponding.
Speaker 11: Is this as shut up, keep a little shed like you live this every day. It's a double side. I can see a proba like acause up.
Speaker 2: The killing when your Brocano brocket.
Speaker 14: If you mean me uncle, for you kill.
Speaker 16: Kelly like I'll say this for you. You can't.
Speaker 1: H This is a moment.
Speaker 11: This is the time you're gonna wake up, gonna realize your proud.
Speaker 16: Is brown in a house a side.
Speaker 1: Let you kill me in on the slope on.
Speaker 11: The other side, and to kill when you're balking, I'm talking.
Speaker 4: It's you.
Speaker 16: I'm play.
Speaker 3: Can appointing.
Speaker 11: Skills inside the.
Speaker 16: Jack Jack.
Speaker 4: Leave for cav.
Speaker 2: Wow ninety four The Buzz World premiere brand new music from Papa Roach.
Speaker 1: I'm not finding album information. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just know that they're playing shows right now overseas. They're going to grab Rise Against and the Rise of.
Speaker 1: The Roach Tour.
Speaker 2: There are still tickets for mating for that. But their first show back stateside after they warm up over there in the UK and in Germany they're playing They're playing checkos O Hokay, they're playing everywhere. They're gonna be playing here in Houston. First new music from Papa Roach in three years. Even if it kills me, I've got time. If you guys want to call in Chili standing by seven, one, three, two, two, five nine five, If you wanted to comment on the song, Alex hearing it for the first everybody heard it for the very very first time today, which is interesting. Sometimes you get a little preview. Sometimes we're talking about it early. We didn't go early on anything with this.
Speaker 1: Your thoughts. I liked it a lot. It's a rocker.
Speaker 3: I felt like you kind of had an imagined dragons vibe in the beginning with the big bass, like where they could kind of got the filter on his voice and then he comes back into it.
Speaker 1: But I liked it a lot. I liked it a lot.
Speaker 3: I want to keep hearing it, and I think it belongs in the mornings for sure. It kind of punches you in the face.
Speaker 1: The production of this song is awesome.
Speaker 2: When I say that, the fullness of it, all of the elements that are going on blended. I thought it blended beautifully. They don't waste any time getting into the chorus, don't they know. People don't have any time anymore, you know what I mean, like hit me, bring me the hook, so they don't waste a lot of time bringing you the hook.
Speaker 1: Of the song again.
Speaker 2: The production of this song is a ma I thought that it perfectly blended old and an updated sound to Papa Roach. I thought it was a magical mix of the two things. Jacoby sounds great, it's tight, it sounds updated, you know, but it's there's no mistaking that it's Papa Roach. There's no mistaking that you're listening to Papa Roach here, Chilli. Did you get a chance to hear it in there? Yes?
Speaker 7: I did.
Speaker 1: You're a Papa Roach guy. Yeah, I liked it. I liked the song.
Speaker 15: I mean I heard like the beginning and then it kind of sounded like to me like screw music when he has the sloading chop voice in the beginning, and I was like, man, I wonder if there was any Houston influence in that reference. But other than that, man, I like they did rock. I mean, no complaints of them on my end, I.
Speaker 2: Have no complaints. And I'm going to back up with Alex said, I hope that that that this goes right into a heavy rotation of the station. I mean, Papa Roach is one of our core bands. I think they're just as important now. I think when you look at where they fit in, I think they're right there with Lincoln Parkner at the top. Yeah, you know what I mean, Like, I think they're right there. It's like I mean, obviously, Papa Roach has always been a core artist of this radio station. Jacoby knows how popular they are and how well they do in Houston.
Speaker 17: Uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, see if gen z Zach is he calling about something else or is he calling about reviewing the song?
Speaker 1: His voice his chili checked that phone. I see that. I'd see that some calls are for some reason, phones are struggling to get through. Mm hmm.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, we're gonna be banging this every couple of hours now, so we might have it again for you at nine. Can you look ahead, and we're gonna play again. I want to hear it again.
Speaker 2: Let's say first, Jeremy ten okay, Jeremy, We'll have it at ten o'clock and then every two.
Speaker 1: Hours, every two hours after that.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, we got brand new music from Papa Roach. There's no full video for it either. There is a lyric video and that's all I'm seeing out there for the new song. Great new music from Papa Roach. Said tight, We'll give you a chance to win some tickets to Shine Down coming up.
Speaker 1: That was the show that was announced yesterday at eleven o'clock The.
Speaker 4: Rod Ryan Show Mornings on ninety four five, but.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five the buzz Beastly boys. You got to fight for your right to party. Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. Thanks so much for having us on. I don't know, people just weren't commenting on that Papa Roach. I took about a half a dozen emails on Papa Roach and not a dude. Julie kind of sounds like Fallout Boy.
Speaker 1: In the beginning.
Speaker 2: She didn't say whether she likes it or not. Jesse, yes, every about this song. Yes, keep it up, Ashley with an Eye. Definitely something you can rock to. It definitely belongs in the morning.
Speaker 1: I enjoyed it. Ashley with an Eye. Yeah, a few.
Speaker 2: Popa Roach reviews. The phones are working, Yeah, it seems like it phones are working.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 2: I mean everyone's distracted with the cold temperatures. But I asked Jillie if the phones were working all right? He said, Yeah, didn't really take too many reviews on that. I have some tickets coming up for you. I've got some big tickets coming up for you. We didn't have any problems getting people on the phones to win Buzzfest tickets and to play Fresh out of Bad, Head to Head and Homeroom. So I do have ticket coming up for you in just a little bit, So don't go anywhere, but a couple of things that you need to know about specifically today on the show. I have a concert announcement coming up at eight o'clock. I'm super excited about it, meaning more excited than most. Just leave it at that, like, really really excited me personally, can't wait to tell you guys about this show and give away tickets to that show. Now, we missed out on the Shinedown announcement yesterday, but Jeremy delivered it, and at eleven o'clock yesterday you found out that Shinedown was going to be coming to Houston. A lot of this stuff was we kind of knew was bruin, but they put it off due to the wildfires. So Shinedown Dance Kid Dance Tour with special guests Bush and Morgan Wade.
Speaker 1: August twenty seventh.
Speaker 2: Toyota Center tickets will go on sale this Friday at ten am through the Toyota Center box office. You get those tickets through Toyota Center dot com.
Speaker 1: So why don't we do that?
Speaker 2: Why don't we go ahead and give away a pair of tickets to that show. We'll see if these phones are working all right? Seven one, three oh, and the other.
Speaker 1: Thing I wanted to mention. Sorry, then I'll give you the number is Links and Guests today.
Speaker 2: That's where we need you to sign up if you want to come down and play Read My Lips tomorrow. Chilli says he's extended it just because everyone is distracted with the weather and everything. But we still want to get one of you to come down and play Read My Lips tomorrow. You need to sign up through the website. Go to Links and Guests on the world famous Rod Ryan showpage at the Buzz dot com, and then you'll find all the other stuff, the one hundred bottles of Love Street Blonde on the wall, and the application there if you want to become a member of the Mile of Meat. But yeah, if you want to play read My Lips, you need to sign up online for that also some sort of problems online with in the back room. That's why we're not on Facebook live this morning.
Speaker 1: Great, okay, all right, I see phones are ringing. The phones work.
Speaker 2: If you want these Shineedown tickets called seven one three two, win two five nine four five, win them before they go on sale.
Speaker 9: The Rod Ryan Morning Show six Am.
Speaker 1: The Buzz Manty four or five The Buzz. Welcome back Rod Ryan's Show. Oh yeah, these phones are working. Good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 8: Hi.
Speaker 1: Who's the all right? David? Your call her?
Speaker 4: Ten? Dude?
Speaker 1: Congrats, that's so awesome. It is awesome. It looks like you are off to see Shine Down.
Speaker 2: You know, one of the first pair of tickets their Dance Kid Dance Tour special guest Bush Morgan Wade August twenty seventh. They're playing Toyota Center. Tickets aren't on sale until this Friday at ten am. Toyota Center tickets. Always go to Toyota Center dot com to get your tickets.
Speaker 1: But Bro, you're in Man's that's amazing. That one of my favorite bands. Yeah, they're one of my favorite bands too. Can't wait to see you again. Where are you from?
Speaker 2: Bring staying indoors today? Are you forced to be out on the roads. Tell me what you're doing, David, I'm actually had a doctor for me. Oh the doctor's office was open today.
Speaker 11: Yep.
Speaker 1: Interesting.
Speaker 2: Okay, bro, we'll be safe, man. Hope everything checks out. Okay, enjoy that shindown show.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much. Thank you, dude.
Speaker 8: Smart phones, laptops, smart TV's tablets, whatever way you listen, we are there. Tell your smart device to play ninety four five the Bus on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Okay, ninety four or five the Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's show. That's the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Danny California.
Speaker 1: Well, we got that extreme cold warning. It's an effect.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: Alex is going to talk about that in Houston's headlines.
Speaker 2: He's talking about hot sauce today in Houston's headlines as well. I when you're done doing your thing, dude, between the headlines and the sports, if you mind just throwing it back over to me.
Speaker 1: I have a concert announcement.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one that I'm super super excited about, oh so excited.
Speaker 1: And one that we were supposed to talk about last week.
Speaker 2: Or so, but it got delayed due to the fires. So there's a big hint for you. But a similar situation happened with Shinedown. We had I knew that Shindown was going to be announcing, and they pushed it back a little bit. Shindown announced yesterday. We just gave away the first we gave away our first pair of tickets. We're gonna continue giving away tickets to shine Down Thursday and Friday. Tickets one sale this Friday at ten o'clock. This concert that I'm going to bring to you number one super excited me personally. I've told you they're one of the best, greatest live bands that I've ever ever seen.
Speaker 1: Tickets won't go on sale until.
Speaker 2: Next Wednesday, so we'll announce, we'll play some music, and then we'll give you the first pair of tickets to that show.
Speaker 1: There's hope today, guys.
Speaker 2: The sun's gonna be out and we'll see highs of around forty six today. But right now it's still in the twenties out there. Alex mummayon as Houston's headlines. I saw you playing in the snow yesterday.
Speaker 1: It was a little bit it was it was nice to get out there. It was playing the snow.
Speaker 2: In a minute, so I'm doing a little sledding as well, But now this is the serious stuff because it's so icy outside on the road.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got our fun out of the way.
Speaker 3: Now the hazardous phase of this whole snow day kicks in. Temperatures dropped into the teens overnight, putting all the areas that saw snow yesterday into a hard warning. Temperatures may not warm up until about ten or eleven this morning. Black ice on the roads is expected to be an issue all throughout the Southeast Texas region until at least a few hours after sunrise. The sun's up right now, so hopefully some of that ice and stuff on the roads is starting to melt. There's an extreme cold warning in effect until nine am this morning, which is also when both Bush and Hobby airports are expected to reopen after being closed all day. Yesterday's schools still closed throughout the Houston area. President Trump stayed busy in Washington yesterday and his first full day, he announced a joint venture with soft Bank, Open AI, and Oracle that's named Starlink. It's aimed at making quote, a huge advancement in healthcare. I don't know what any of that means, but he that was a big deal, and that's what I was talking about online.
Speaker 1: But most of us don't know what these things are that are going on. That's okay. People pretend they know what's going on. Yes, someone will explain it to me and I will still not know the thing.
Speaker 2: About getting that job, man, you hit the ground running and you're working like aund clock.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, from day one, there's no easing into being the president. Certainly not this president.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: He's been busy.
Speaker 3: Trump also revoked a Biden administration policy to block ice arrests near schools, places of worship, and other locations deemed sensitive. And he had time to call Kid Rock yesterday, and he called Kid Rock to see if Kid Rock was trying to bring strippers, which he was not, but he said he had.
Speaker 2: Kid said he was even surprised he saw his phone rang and it was President Trump. He's like, oh my god, I can't.
Speaker 1: Believe this guy's got Trump time to call me. That's on the music blog page.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, all right, Well, Happy National Hot Sauce Day to everyone that celebrates. According to a report from instacart, Frank's Red Hot is the most popular hot sauce brand in America, followed by Berman's Hot sauce Louisiana brand, Chilula and Texas Pete. Louisiana brand is considered Texan's favorite. According to the study, New Mexico as the state that uses the most hot sauce, while Alabama uses the least amount.
Speaker 1: What's your go to?
Speaker 2: I mean, Frank's Red Hot is what is traditionally used. People ask, you know, to make buffalo wings. What you guys call buffalo wings. They're just called wings in Buffalo.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 2: It's yeah, just Frank's Red Hot, and the hot medium of mild is controlled by the amount of butter you add to it.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: It's just butter and hot sauce, traditional hot. You know, buffalo wings. Now they're getting all cutesy and they're getting fancy out there. You know, we make wings at the house, and uh, they're getting all qutes with the Frank's Red Hot, the Louisiana I'm surprised that was number one. Texas peat is not number one in Texas. It's called Texas Peat. I was very surprised to see that was not our favorite here.
Speaker 1: In the state.
Speaker 3: Tabasco is that not hot sauce? Which one Tabasco Tabasco. Is it its own sauce. Yeah, that's hot sauce.
Speaker 7: It is.
Speaker 1: It's its own Tabasco sauce.
Speaker 3: Take Tabasco hot sauce is what I would can do it. That's probably that's the goat I always use.
Speaker 1: You use that on your wings and stuff. I mean, I have like three four kinds of hot sauce in your fridge.
Speaker 2: When I was in the hot sauce business, the Rod Ryan Show was in the business for a little while, I remember the.
Speaker 1: Most hard sauce. I think about it once a week at least.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so does Nicole Harvey. I learned that there's vinegar based and pepper based sauces. Those are the two camps. If you really want to ask people what you prefer. The Franks Red Hot is a vinegar based sauce.
Speaker 1: I believe some more people prefer vinegar. I guess according to that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Netflix is raising prices again and people are mad about it. The biggest hiking price is going to be in the standard plan, which will go from fifteen forty nine to seventeen ninety nine a month, an increase of two dollars and fifty cents. The ad supported subscription is even going up from six ninety nine to seven ninety nine because of adding an extra member to your account is also going to be increasing as well. Netflix said in a statement quote, as we continue to invest in programming and deliver more value to our members, we will occasionally ask our members to pay a little.
Speaker 1: More so that we can reinvest to further improve Netflix.
Speaker 3: I mean, they had two NFL games, they had the Jake Paul fight, Paul Tyson fight that didn't work, and they got a huge amount of subscribers in the last couple of months based.
Speaker 1: On those things.
Speaker 3: It's weird that they're using you're giving us your money, fu here, should give us more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's weird that they're using the Jake Paul fight as look at what we can do and look at the record numbers that we've brought to the platform. That was a debacle. It's crazy to me that they're using that as a reason for the price hike. Yet they're not mentioning that none of us could watch the fight. Yeah, I'm not denying that it brought a ton of people over to the platform, but you messed it up and now you're asking for more money.
Speaker 1: You haven't proven you can.
Speaker 3: Do it right, Yeah, or that it was like a large pull on like a server and stuff like. There were people all over the world were watch in that fight. So I understand that it's like a strain on the server. But you took people's money, then didn't deliver a product that was satisfactory, and then you had the NFL games that were better but not great, and then you're still getting more subscribers for it, so you're trying to, hey, give us more of that.
Speaker 1: I don't understand. It's just going to keep happening.
Speaker 3: That's just that's just the way the world works, now, guys, that's the way the world works now. Shine Down announced a new tour yesterday. Rod was just talking about it. It'll start in April and it'll be called the Dance Kid Dance Tour. They're going to be in Houston August twenty seventh at the Toyota centerin Tickets go on sale this Friday.
Speaker 1: That for those are Houston's headlines. Yeah, we'll have tickets for you all week long.
Speaker 2: I'm excited about shine Down coming back with Bush too Man, two of our favorites. Now, you're gonna start sports off with baseball base because there is a huge baseball news.
Speaker 3: Well, former Asters closer Billy Wagner was elected to the National Baseball Hall of Fame yesterday. He appeared on eighty two percent of the voter's ballots, easily clearing the seventy five percent mark needed for induction.
Speaker 1: It was Wagner's tenth and final year of eligibility.
Speaker 3: They'll be going into the Hall of Fame with Manners legend ichi Ro Suzuki and former Yankee pitcher C. C.
Speaker 1: Sabathia.
Speaker 3: Wagner pitched from the for the Ashers from nineteen ninety five till two thousand and three.
Speaker 1: Rocket's gonna be back in action tonight.
Speaker 3: They'll us the Cleveland Cavaliers at the Toyota Center as two and a half point underdogs.
Speaker 1: As of right now, tip off is at seven.
Speaker 3: You can listen to that game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety eight to that.
Speaker 1: What's going on in sports? Okay, guys, I'm super excited.
Speaker 2: Man, I got a concert announcement for you, Plus we'll give away the first pair of tickets.
Speaker 1: Please stay with us.
Speaker 6: And the Rod Ryan Morning Show six am, The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five in the Buzz nine inch nails and head like a hole.
Speaker 1: Good Morning rod Ryan's Show. I'm not gonna lie talking to the radio wizard right now. That sounded awesome. Yeah, that sounded so awesome on the air. Good morning. I hope you're off to a great start to your day. I am half part of the show hip hop. If we're telling you to stay off the roads, we're just kind of delivering. I mean, play in the hits, delivering the info.
Speaker 2: I mean, yesterday you had Shine down announcing, and now you have nine inch nails. I think I peede a little when I played this. I think I peed a little in my pants. Sorry, I mean a mess. I was so excited nine inch nails coming to Houston. I got the first pair of tickets on the chopping block right now and go to the phones.
Speaker 1: I don't think. I hope I'm not the only one excited about this Good Morning rod Ryan Show. Hey Rod, what's up, dude? I just said on the radio, I peed a little in my pants, That's what's up. That's great. I didn't, but.
Speaker 2: Man, I'm just trying to get across my excitement, and I want everybody to know if you don't have nine inch nails, on your scorecard for mush Sheet Must see concerts you have to have you ever seen Nine Is Nails live?
Speaker 1: Jeff?
Speaker 3: Yes, I have.
Speaker 1: Woodstock ninety four with the mud people.
Speaker 2: Well, well, well we got a Woodstocker on the phone with us. You don't run into them every day. I went to ninety nine, I didn't go to the ninety four one. Congratulations, dude, you're gonna see Nine Is Nails again.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. I can't wait.
Speaker 18: Man, They're still great.
Speaker 1: Live to peel it.
Speaker 2: Back to our twenty twenty five rolls through the Toyota Center September twelfth. Tickets are going on sale on Wednesday. Jeff, what were you doing at Woodstock ninety.
Speaker 1: Four partying having a good time?
Speaker 2: Did you live in New York that you went? I mean, the proximity of that to hear is ridiculous.
Speaker 18: No, I lived in Connecticut.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you did you have.
Speaker 2: A ticket to the show or did you hear that it was free and you just went and crashed the gates in ninety four because that happened as well.
Speaker 18: We had tickets you did, And yeah, it was pretty wild and seeing all those bands together, seeing Cypress Hill, seeing Rollins, band, all the just such great shows.
Speaker 1: I went to ninety nine.
Speaker 2: Also, I tell people ninety nine was one of the greatest concerts I've ever been to. And you know what, I know that all the bad things and I know you guys saw it watch the documentary, but I'll tell you right now, I don't know if you agree with me.
Speaker 1: There was fun to be had in ninety nine. That show was amazing.
Speaker 18: It was crazy, like from all night long with the raves over in the.
Speaker 1: Hangars, with that boy Slim the movie Yep, Fat Boy Slim.
Speaker 18: Yeah, all that and then never mind all the lineup saying to see Corn and slimp Biscuit and yeah, Metallica all on the scene.
Speaker 9: You know, Bill, George Clinton.
Speaker 18: That was like seeing George Clinton was ridiculous. That was really cool.
Speaker 1: Listen, I got the right guy on the phone here, man, enjoy.
Speaker 2: I know you are, because you know you're in the know of what what is involved with the nine inch Nail show You're in Jeff, Congratulations, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for you too, man. I appreciate you sharing that stuff with us.
Speaker 2: Did you say you just recently came across a kid rock video with all the Yeah, it was from Woodstock ninety nine.
Speaker 1: I was there at that show.
Speaker 2: Everybody was anticipating kid Rock was just becoming kid rock, you know. And when he walked out with the with the long pimp coat, that was exactly what it was.
Speaker 1: It was him coming out to ball with a ball.
Speaker 3: He had the white fur coat on, the red jumpsuit lead the d Did you just see the chain?
Speaker 1: Did you just see the first song or did you watch the set?
Speaker 3: I think it was a set. I just watched part of the first song. Okay, it was because it's crazy.
Speaker 1: Later on in his set, he said, I want to see all those water bottles.
Speaker 2: He said, don't hit me with anything that's full but empty water bottles, empty bottles. I want to see him up here on stage and kid Rock is up there and the sea of water bottles.
Speaker 1: I've never seen anything like that.
Speaker 2: There are just no rules that day. No, all right, you've not seen nine inch Nails live, no bucket list stuff. Yeah it really, I even said. Because he hasn't toured.
Speaker 1: Since twenty seventeen, twenty eighteen, I believe that he busy winning Grammys and stuff.
Speaker 2: And Academy Awards and Academy Awards. He's been working on movie scores and stuff. He works with his buddy Atticus Ross. So Atticus Ross now is a member of Nine Inch Nails. So he'll be up there somewhere.
Speaker 1: I don't know what he does. Do you still have the awards with him? They should just put him up on stage. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think he probably will separate those. I think he'll separate those two things. But twenty seventeen, twenty eighteen, I do believe that's when ninety Nails, that was the last time they toured. That was when Soundgarden opened up for them at the Woodlands Pavilion, which, oh my god, Soundguard and nine is Nails on the same day.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised my head is still attached. H It was just incredible.
Speaker 2: We're gonna continue to give away tickets throughout the what's left of this week, and then hopefully we'll have some more next week because tickets aren't going on sale until Wednesday. But man, back to back days with concert announcements shine down in Nine Inch Nails.
Speaker 1: It's huge, Man, it's huge.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna give you some Rodeo Houston tickets coming up.
Speaker 18: A j R.
Speaker 2: Is playing on March sixth at the Rodeo Houston. So we're gonna give you tickets on the flip of this break. So how it's gonna work is quick break. We come back, you get a wrec check with Christina Cruz, and then Alex is gonna tell us what's trending, and then we'll get you into the Rodeo.
Speaker 9: Houston's Rock Houston and the Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Stot right, Welcome back Rod Ryan's Show. I canna keep rolling with the tickets. Man, just giveaway tickets to nine Inch Nails. Announce that concert. Now we're gonna give away some tickets coming up to Rodeo Houston. Now, we got that extreme cold warning where we are encouraging you.
Speaker 2: I know we all drove in here this morning to be here, but we took the hit for you so that you could stay at home. We're encouraging you to stay off the roads today. Okay, airport's opening up at nine. I know some of these things are working against one another. We have an extreme cold warning in effect. We're gonna see high. It's twenty three outside.
Speaker 1: Son's gonna come.
Speaker 2: Out, Son's gonna warm up, It's gonna be up to forty six. But man, we just encouraging you to not not to get out on the roads. Man, kids aren't in school. Have another snow day, yes, play with play with what snow is left out there. It was fun yesterday, Yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: It really was. I mean just all the kids in the neighborhood were out, all the parents were out. Dogs, dogs were everywhere. Dogs loved it. All right, Well, what's trending.
Speaker 3: But winter weather that you just said, basically exactly what you just said, that's trending.
Speaker 1: To bring it back here local peep show that's back. Oh hey, it's trending. We are back live. We're on Facebook Live, on YouTube and Facebook Live. So go check us out. You can watch us so you can see.
Speaker 3: Our ugly mugs if you'd like to stargate. Also trending. I'm gonna try and explain it as best I know, but this is what people are talking about online. A five hundred dollars billion or five hundred billion dollar initiative aimed at creating an AI infrastructure in the US over the next four years that Trump just launched yesterday.
Speaker 1: Don't know what that means, but it's the number one trend at least on Google. It's the number one trend I'm seeing it everywhere.
Speaker 3: I don't again, it sounds like the death start sounds like something that would be from Star Wars. Yeah, so that's what makes me feel like it should be cooler than it really is.
Speaker 2: But some guy emailed and said, well, why are you talking about that when Trump did all these other things yesterday. I'm like, this is the number all I'm looking at. This is the number one trending thing, Okay, which.
Speaker 1: Is probably because it sounds cool.
Speaker 3: So just start doing other things and call them cool names, and I think people are gonna be in on that. San Diego fires are also trending. So they got all these firefighters taking on all these the Palisades fire, the Eaton fire out in the LA area, And as they're doing that, there were new fires that started in San Diego. So it's just terrible for what's going on out there in California. But that's what's trending on Night with by the Buzz.
Speaker 2: All right, Rodeo Houston, he'd like to go see AJR on March sixth.
Speaker 1: I'll take caller ten seven one three two one two five nine four.
Speaker 8: Five The Rod Ryan show on ninety four five.
Speaker 2: The bus was one of my rodeo seraments, so come and get it ninety four or five, the buzz Good Morning.
Speaker 1: Rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 1: There's no question the highlight and the top musical moment for me.
Speaker 2: Of twenty twenty four was the Rod Ryan Show twentyth anniversary party.
Speaker 1: Obvious it really was. I mean, it lived up to the hype. It was as good as we were talking about that.
Speaker 2: I mean we had we hyped it up a lot and it came through and I think everybody that was there really had a good time. Any other year, lymp Biscuit would have been the concert of Lan and Corey Feldman opening up. Any other year that is not a twentieth year anniversary show, Limp Biscuit would have been the show of the year.
Speaker 1: Last year, it was just awesome. I didn't go to all the shows, so jealous I had to miss that one. I didn't even go to most of the shows, but the ones that I did see, oh, that was the one that was the one. Good morning everybody.
Speaker 2: You know new metal and put all those bands, I kind of lump them into one thing, maybe not correctly, but in my bucket of new metal. You really got to put corn in there first, and then you start putting. I know there's a bunch of other bands, but then you put like the Limp Biscuits in there, and the Papa Roaches and the Lincoln Parks and all of that.
Speaker 1: They're in that bucket for me. Of bands, maybe disturbed.
Speaker 2: That new Papa Roache song we played today, they're showing no signs of slowing down at all. If you missed it, Jeremy's gonna have it again for you at ten o'clock. Then he'll play it at twelve, it'll play it. Who Theresa will have it at four. It's gonna play every two hours today.
Speaker 1: Guys. If you missed the new Papa Roach song, Oh, it's awesome. It's awesome.
Speaker 2: Concerts, new music, guys, it's early in the twenty twenty five, it's already amazing.
Speaker 1: Let's go over to the phones.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 1: We got some great tickets to give away. Good morning, good more.
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this's Eddie? Eddie, you're calling number ten. Congratulations. All right, I'm gonna give you tickets to Rodeo Houston. It's the night that AJR is performing March sixth.
Speaker 1: But you know you go to rodeo.
Speaker 2: You're taking all the things that are offered up at the rodeo. Everyone else can go to Rodeohuston dot com for the full lineup and tickets.
Speaker 1: But Eddie, I thought maybe you'd like to go to the rodeo on us. Okay, thank you for listening, Yetta, work man, appreciate that. Thank you so much. Are you out on the roads today? Oh yeah, sure, I'm back at it today. How are the how are the roads? Are you off now? Are you at work or are you still on the road right now?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm in round YESTERD. Yeah, I'm on the way, but so far road to clears. Most of the fan range you kind of looping ice on them. Brother, than that, it's pretty clear. Okay, where are you driving right now? I'm driving from Cleveland, Eddie, Houston. Okay, well, big drive.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll be safe, my man, hang on the phone and Chili will set you up with those Rodeo Houston tickets.
Speaker 1: All right, yes, sir, thank you. I have a great day. All right, thank you.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm gonna get I want to get I was gonna use them for my next topic, but I want to get Eddie in and out of here.
Speaker 17: This.
Speaker 1: I didn't know how to approach this. Just go off, king.
Speaker 2: Someone posted a question online and it has to be specific. It has to be straight dudes, heterosexual dudes.
Speaker 1: Okay, if you.
Speaker 2: Walked into a room with one thousand single women that were around your age, Alex, how many of those one thousand women do you think.
Speaker 1: Would be attracted to you? Now, there's just such a difference between dudes and chicks. I don't know have to, You don't have to, You don't need this radio show to tell you that.
Speaker 3: I would say, like fifteen, maybe fifteen women's fifteen of a thousand women, and fifteen of them have to have bad decision making skills.
Speaker 2: Right, one thousand women in a room right around your age, and you think that fifteen of them would find you attractive? It's one point five percent if my math is correct.
Speaker 1: That makes you feel kind of lucky, honestly, in that I might be lower. You're only turning heads of one and a half percent of those women. Yeah, I see me every day.
Speaker 2: The largest, the biggest answer, guys do not have high hopes. Guys just do not have Forty two percent of men when asked this question said between one and twenty five of the women might find them attractive. That's that's zero point one percent to two and a half percent. Twenty four percent of people said it was a little higher between twenty six and seventy four, about fourteen percent. A guy said that more than two hundred of the one thousand women would be attracted to them.
Speaker 1: What's it like having that kind of energy? What's it like walking around?
Speaker 12: Thing?
Speaker 1: And I mean that's even a low number. That's a low number. Turn this around, Turn this around and ask a single chick.
Speaker 2: You walk in to a room, You walk into a room full of a thousand hard legs, you walk in, how many of those guys do you think are attracted to you?
Speaker 1: Eighty percent? Eighty percent is what I imagine most. I would say, yeah, but again I think that not hating on women at all.
Speaker 3: But it's like easier for a woman to attract a guy than I think it is a guide to attract a girl.
Speaker 1: You got more.
Speaker 2: Stuff, evolution, It's just the way that things are. Here's what some of the guys were saying online.
Speaker 1: Can I talk to.
Speaker 2: Them for a few hours or is it like a first site based on appearance? Only thing I believe it's just the first site, boom site, not knowing anything about it, not even opening up your gapper.
Speaker 3: I could win you over with like my personality and my dark sense of humor. I could get a couple more. I think if you gave me an hour to talk to some of them, but like fifteen, if it's just walking in, who's who's head?
Speaker 1: Am I turn it?
Speaker 2: One guy said, if I walk in right now, zero, If I get a chance to if I get a chance.
Speaker 1: To shave and dress up a little, maybe five.
Speaker 2: Maybe five, five women out of a thousand, he thinks we'll find him attractive. Several dudes said, who obviously lack any confidence at all, commented on the fact that there wasn't zero options, none of them. A guy, a bunch of dudes flat out said, not one. There's somebody for everybody, what we're told, that's the theory. One guy said, women are a lot more pickier than men. If I walked around a college campus, I would find at least half the girls attractive enough to date.
Speaker 1: That's true. Women get to be more picky than men.
Speaker 3: I feel like, just because there's more like the odds that a woman is going to come on to you are much lower than the opposite.
Speaker 2: To this guy's point, he said that he walks around a college campus, he must be around that age. He said he would find at least half of the girls attractive enough to date. If you asked women the percentage of college boys they found attractive bunch of people their age, it's less than ten percent.
Speaker 1: How many guys are over six feet because that rules out most of the college camp Okay, what is what's the big metric that they use now?
Speaker 2: It is six feet tall, one hundred six figure salary, and what's the third one?
Speaker 1: Six inches? I don't know. I don't really know. I was trying to six six six. I think you're right.
Speaker 3: I think it is something like that. But this is like I'm always tough to to you about this before. It's just like there's women that like I'm like, Chia Johnson is one of those people. She's an absolutely beautiful person and like I just I would never go up to her if you didn't already know her, like I would, Hi, my name's Alex. He's like she's gonna just what are you? And she's not that way, but she would just like what are you doing around me, like why are you even talking to me? Like I look at like there's women like that. I'm like, I just shouldn't even be in that like atmosphere, Like I need to be this far away. She's gonna just like you're wasting my time. Why are you even over? I was just gonna ask you how your day was.
Speaker 1: Cheetah is one of the coolest chicks on the planet.
Speaker 2: But I but you would never think that, yeah, and nor would I think that that's a normal thing for somebody being that hot.
Speaker 3: Like if Jennifer Annison, who was in the room with us, I'd be like, what are you doing here? Like I'm sorry, but why are you talking to me? Because I don't know.
Speaker 1: I feel like I should be able to I've done that before. I mean, I'm friends with Cheetah, I've talked to her. While I'm talking to her, my inner voice is going, why are you talking to me? She's too hot for me to be even in a conversation. Why are you at my golf tournament right now? Like why are you here? I mean, that's my inner voice. I'm happy she's I'm happy that we're pales, but it's like, what are you doing Why are you talking to me?
Speaker 3: Like meta? Garcia came to one of our our senior skip day and it was just like, how.
Speaker 1: Did you get here? Who told you?
Speaker 7: Who?
Speaker 8: No? No, no, no no.
Speaker 1: Jennifer Rena, Jennifer Rena, yes, d it okay, I don't know. Keep your hands that fellas.
Speaker 2: I need girls to say you're wrong. There's that that, there's more way that attractive. But yeah, this is what guys feel like. This is what dudes are walking around with. This is the kind of confidence and this is the energy level of dudes walking around right now.
Speaker 1: Not all dudes, but definitely I would say most most dudes. Rod Ryan Show all right, Adam upon Empire, the buzz ninety four or five of the buzz, that's our guys.
Speaker 2: Shine Down and Don't Die the best concert moment of the year for me them at the twentieth anniversary party.
Speaker 1: And then I felt like, well, is it just our party? Is that why I feel that way?
Speaker 2: And then I saw Justin Furstenfeld we had talked about him. He posted a picture with Brent from Shine Down and uh and somebody that like a high up at iHeart and he said that that was his biggest moment of the year. Like his professionally, it was his biggest moment of the year. So it wasn't lost on Justin that that show was really, really, really special. I'm ready for more shine Down.
Speaker 1: I hope you are.
Speaker 2: That was the concert announcement yesterday, the Dance Kid Dance Tour. They're bringing Bush out on the road with them and Morgan Wade. Is that a country gun Morgan Wade?
Speaker 1: It sounds Morgan Wade. Morgan Wade's is that country? I don't know. It sounds good. To be honest, I have no idea.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, keep in mind that sounds like, oh and Morgan Wallen is what I'm thinking about. Okay, I don't know who Morgan Wade is. It sounds country, and that sounds like something that shine.
Speaker 1: Down would do. I mean, Nickelback took a country guy out out on the road with them.
Speaker 3: Shine Down is the reason that we all found out about Jelly Roll. Remember it's a female country singer and songwriter.
Speaker 1: I thought so yeah, So, I mean shine Down is like they get it. She's got tats tat it up.
Speaker 2: I've had her on looking at girls before. Oh no, I have August twenty seventh is the show at the Toya with Shinedown. Tickets go on sale this Friday.
Speaker 1: At ten am. She's kinda jacked toy Center dot com. Yeah, I think I remember. I know it sounds familiar. We've definitely featured her because she's listening.
Speaker 3: I love your music and I'm sure it's amazing. I'm not ever going to talk bad about you because you beat me up.
Speaker 2: You were here when we talked about Shinedown the last time they came out around on tour. Some guy by the name of jelly Roll was opening up and we just thought it was a funny name.
Speaker 1: We didn't know who he was, and I thought even being like riff raff yep.
Speaker 2: And the phone lines blew up and they said, wait till you find out about this jelly Roll guy.
Speaker 1: He's gonna be huge. You guys were all right about it, and Wizard brought him in the studio at one point while we were out of town. Unusu yep.
Speaker 2: I mean, the meteoric rise of jelly Roll can be traced back. I mean, you know, this guy, he's got a long history. But the real big thing was I think Brent given him a shot at at Shineedown tour introducing him. I mean, I'm not saying this the first time people ever heard of him like us. I'm saying to be on a shine Doown tour when still most of a America did not know who you were.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Shineown.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not saying they discovered them, but boy did they really They kind of launched them.
Speaker 1: They helped, They helped out for sure. Yeah they did.
Speaker 2: All right, concert information everything available at the Buzz dot com. Now we just we've just added nine Inch Nails coming to town. That was today's concert announcement. We'll continue to give away tickets to all these shows all.
Speaker 17: Week Houston, Houston's Alternative and helm at the rod Ryan Morning Shown, The.
Speaker 2: Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Lincoln Park, and The Emptiness Machine. Okay, we're gonna get into the final Houston's headlines coming up, but I know my guy's gonna tell you we got that extreme cold warning. I'll just tell you currently, who's twenty eight outside right now? We're gonna see highs of around forty seven. I do see it warming up a little bit, not a whole lot. Tomorrow, high of fifty five fifty six will be the high on Friday, and then we get into the up well, well, get into the sixties on Saturday and Sunday, so you know we're gonna have all this snow melting, all the sun is sunning.
Speaker 1: The sun is doing its thing. Yeah, that's what the sun does.
Speaker 2: But we're still not recommending that you get on the roads. If you don't have to drive, don't Alex Houston's headlines, what you got.
Speaker 1: Good morning everyone.
Speaker 3: The fun phase of our winter storm is over. Now it's the hazardous phase.
Speaker 1: It kicks in.
Speaker 3: Temperatures dropped into the teens overnight, putting all the areas that saw snow yesterday into a hard freeze warning. Temperatures may not warm up above freezing until well, they're actually still not above freezing right now, but at least a few hours after the sun rises.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so hopefully sometime soon.
Speaker 3: There's an extreme cold warning in effect until a couple of minutes from not nine am, which is also when bud Bush and Hobby Airports are scheduled to reopen after being closed yesterday.
Speaker 2: Schools in the area are still closed today. I keep looking for some sort of announcement from the schools because on.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow, right, yeah, they easy to believe they're not going to be open. Not This isn't official. This is me speculating.
Speaker 2: I think we're just kind of waiting to see what the sun does, okay, and how nasty it's gonna office.
Speaker 1: Isn't gonna be open to mind, you know, this office is never opening. Against it's gonna be open.
Speaker 3: The death toll for the California wildfires has increased. The number of deaths linked to the fires in La has now risen to twenty eight. At least seventeen people were killed in the Eating fire, while the Palisades Fire claimed eleven others. More fires broke out yesterday near the San Diego area, causing an evacuation order to be issued for San Diego County. A lot of people like to warm their car up when it's cold outside, like it is right now, But it turns out that you don't even need to do that now. Carburetors got phased out back in the nineties, and newer cars that were built with fuel injectors warmed the car up in about five seconds, So you don't really need to warm the car up unless you want to do it to just turn that heater on, which I always assume that's what most people were doing.
Speaker 1: Anyways, years ago, that was a thing. You need to start it, let it get hot.
Speaker 2: I remember my next door neighbor would sit there and rev the crap out of that car. I mean it was like he was on some sort of a simulator. He was like reving that engine. But you had to back in the day. No, you don't have to do that now. It's not a convenience for warming up your card. I did it in the tundra today. You just told me I didn't have to guess what. I didn't want to sit on those seats. I wanted to warm up, and I don't have an ice scraper, so I just let the I just let the air blast it for about, you know, three four minutes before I got on the road.
Speaker 1: Today, you always just use a credit card. I didn't want to get My hands are very sensitive to the cold. Now, yeah, that works, all right, you don't have to warm up your car. Dude. I brought this in for you today, and I thought you would have known all about it. Didn't even see this.
Speaker 3: I mean, we've so smashing Pumpkins front man Billy Corgan and comedian Bill Burr found themselves at the center of an unexpected family mystery on Howie Mandel's podcast and I'll Be Getting Back in November last year. In Corgan is on Mandel's podcast talking about his resemblance to Bill Burke. Corgan then shared a story about how his stepmother once suggested that Berg could be one of his father's illegitimate children from his days as a traveling musician. Then Mandel had Burr on this month and surprised him by bringing Billy Corgan out.
Speaker 1: You want to hear the audio from them? I would love you to hear. Okay, let's play that, all right, This is where he brings him out.
Speaker 13: I got something special that I planned for you. That's how uncomfortable bringing the surprise And look who's here? Hey, what's up? Billy Corgan? I thought this would be great to bring a family together.
Speaker 1: He didn't tell you. He told me you were totally cool with me coming. That's what he does. Can this be like edited out? I can I can go? I mean no, I'll do it. Like did you ever think the fact that I never told that story that you know?
Speaker 2: Maybe you shouldn't so I don't know if they are, if there's a chance of this being real or not, there's still there. I have more questions than answers. Yeah, I'll sell you this. Just because they're big, tall, white and bald. I don't think they looks that similar to the.
Speaker 1: Punter for the next punter from the Texans.
Speaker 11: Could be.
Speaker 1: His relatives as well.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but yes, they went back and forth about it, and then Coreyan kind of appeared to dismiss that claim.
Speaker 2: It's uncomfortable, but you have the podcast for you, you got to go. It doesn't happen till about forty five minutes into the discussion. It's very uncomfortable. And Bill Burr does not like surprises. Nobody does.
Speaker 1: He likes to be a.
Speaker 3: Private person, like with his his family and stuff like he doesn't talk about his the kids' names or anything like that on his podcast and stuff like that. He's very private when it comes to his family. Not himself, but it's just his family. And so that could have touched a sensitive subject and then just have the rumors out anyways, that that's another reason.
Speaker 1: To be like a little bit on edge of that.
Speaker 2: And it sounds to me that Howie Mandel lied to Billy Corgan because Billy says, wait a minute, you told me that Bill Burr would be cool with me coming out. Yeah, so how he did this all behind the scenes and got them together. It's definitely worth while.
Speaker 1: Go check that out on our blog page today.
Speaker 3: Kid Rock performed at the Trump inauguration on Monday, but said that the Secret Service refused to let him use strippers during his performance since he and Trump are good buddies. Trump heard that rumor and decided to give his friend Kid a call check and see if that was true. Kid Rock said he was surprised that Trump even had time to give him a call, but he told President Trump that he was obviously just joking that he never tried to bring strippers to the inauguration at.
Speaker 1: All, though it seems like it would have been on brand for Kid Rock.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a silly story. It's just Kid Rock talking about the President calling him personally.
Speaker 1: That's an easy way to brag that the President calls you.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think a bigger story is go look up what Billy ray Cyrus sounded like. Have you heard heard that yesterday of his not great? It's so bad, it's so bad. I mean it's not even bagging on him and the mullet and all that stuff and the achy breaky heart. He just couldn't sing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe he was just having a bad day.
Speaker 3: You hope he was just having an awful day. Maybe he had some sort of sickness to us down with. I don't know, but those are Uston's headlines.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're gonna start with some baseball. Yeah, we got in sports here.
Speaker 3: Former Houston Astros closer Billy Wagner was elected to the National Baseball Hall of Fame yesterday. He appeared on eighty two percent of the voter's ballots, easily clearing the seventy five percent mark needed for induction. It was Wagner's final year of eligibility, his tenth year of eligibility. He'll be going into the Hall of Fame with Mariners legend each Ro Suzuki and former Yankee pitcher C. C.
Speaker 1: Sabathia.
Speaker 3: Wagner pitched for the Ashers from ninety five until two thousand and three. The Rockets are back in action tonight. They're gonna host the Cavaliers at the Toyota Center. Tip off that's at seven o'clock. You can listen to it over on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports. Okay, here we go. Got a chance.
Speaker 2: We're gonna be back at it with the one thousand dollars alternative income.
Speaker 1: I've got more JAM tickets, know the show. We got one more hour together.
Speaker 17: Guys, Houston, Houston's alternative and home of the Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four five, The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Ricky Benjamin so Cold, Welcome to the nine o'clock hour. Nineh eight had a chance for you to one one thousand dollars alternative income.
Speaker 1: That chance is coming up very very soon, so sit tight for that. Sandra is backing up what I said. So said.
Speaker 2: I was wondering if you guys were going to talk about Billy ray Cyrus and his train wreck performance. It was at the Liberty Ball, so it was all a part of the Trump inaugural day inauguration. So there was the Liberty Ball and Billy ray Cyrus performed.
Speaker 1: It was a disaster. It really was the disaster. It was so bad. I don't think we ever posted a link to it. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't always love piling on people when they fail. It had people asking if Billy ray Cyrus was okay, why would you show up? I get it, it's a it's a huge thing. I mean to I say this all the time. Same thing like with Kerrie Underwood. I don't care who's in there. If the President calls upon you to performs the president, it's it's our president. No matter what side of the aisle that they're you know that they're more happy with it's the president. So I understand why Billy ray Cyrus didn't want to say no. But if you cannot do it, don't do it. There's too many eyes on that day. There's too many eyes on it.
Speaker 1: It's fine.
Speaker 2: It's hard to find anyone that said that Billy ray Cyrus was okay. I mean, epic disaster. It was heartbreaking to see. It was cringe worthy. Concerning it was concerning how bad he sounded. Billy ray Cyrus has said that he was having a problem. Billy responded, said he's blaming the equipment for the rough show. Dude, your voice was your voice. It was your voice. I'll let you go look up. That's on your own. If you want to go see that all right? I still I still stand by Kerrie Underwood. An amazing job. She did a great, great job considering the circumstances and everything. What else, it's a headline today. I'm assuming that no other big businesses are accepting this form of payment yet. So that's why Jet Blue has a new payment option you can use Vinmo. Jet Blue is trying to be hip. They're like, just venmo us. Okay, is venmo just like for me sending you money and just like smaller interactions.
Speaker 3: Cardo as well. But yeah, it's usually like I use it for fantasy hoop al.
Speaker 1: Mostly it's like, you know, I get it. I mean, I'll get you for that pizza. I don't have twenty on me, but I'll send you twenty on Venmo. Yeah, jet Blue just started accepting Venmo. Can do that with like lifteneuber I believe as well.
Speaker 2: Okay, jet Blue says, just venmo us. Now you can't just shoot them cash or throw an airplane emoji on there. You still have to go through the motions and choose your flight and do all of that.
Speaker 1: Bs with the little plane emoji. And then they're like, what is it for them? You know what I mean San Antonio three out of bucks. Just put it on there and then venmo it.
Speaker 2: No, you have to book a flight and do all of those things, Okay, but you can now choose vinmore formal then.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So the new option is paying using your Venmo balance.
Speaker 2: They're doing it to attract more customers, and I would say presumably younger customers.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: People love the ease and convenience of the Venmo platforms. So jet Blue is one of the early big companies to jump on board. Okay, it's available only on the website. You'd think they would roll it out on the app if you're trying to get young people. Maybe that's not the reason they're doing it. I'm just assuming that, but according to get Blue, they're going to add it to their app in the coming months. Right now, if you're booking flights through your website, you can.
Speaker 1: Use Venmo Okay. I guess it's just not an option on most things. Yeah, I don't use it that often. Rarely. You've been mo a lot of Bunny, not all the time.
Speaker 2: Is that the one where people like have made social media out of it, where it's like you're telling.
Speaker 1: Me that, Yeah, I like test and I used to just go comment on every transaction that the other one would make because you have nothing else to do.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, you just be like testa vnmotor, like Landlord for RNT or whatever it was, and then you're just like.
Speaker 1: Awesome, way to go. Do you have to announce what it's for?
Speaker 3: Usually you'll just put emojis or just like you know, or can you make jokes about stuff?
Speaker 1: If you send somebody, if you send somebody cash, do you have to tell the world what it's for. No, you don't.
Speaker 3: But like a lot of times just post like drinks and it's a drink emoji or just pizza.
Speaker 1: With my besties.
Speaker 3: You can tell who's usual for serious stuff like rand lawn and stuff like that, and then you can tell who's just doing it with like it's spaghetti emoji.
Speaker 1: You need.
Speaker 2: I don't crap on all the social media. It's part of what we do now announcing to the world why I'm sending somebody money.
Speaker 1: I don't need that.
Speaker 3: But you're not sharing it to like xer Facebook or that's just through the ass stuff. But you can make those private.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, not every not everybody has to know everything. True, Okay, true alternative income. Guys, good luck listen there.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five, The Buzz says, your.
Speaker 19: Chance now to win one thousand dollars an alternative income. Just answered this nation wide keyword on our website, Bills. That's Bills andre it Now, I at the Buzz dot com for years shot at a thousand dollars in alternative income.
Speaker 6: On ninety four or five The Buzz he used.
Speaker 9: To rock, there's alternative and The Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 2: Show Natty four Fun The Buzz Welcome back rod Ryan's show Monster Jam tickets on Know the Show. I got another four pack with pit passes for the Saturday February one show, so that's on No the show.
Speaker 1: Did you say some sort of a winter cold warning was done at nine? It's still cold, still extremely cold. Extremely cold warning is gone. That's just cold. I would say, let's keep it. It's still in the twenties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're gonna see the getting all the way up to forty six today, which is great.
Speaker 14: News Online Kid's Alix Online ninety four five The Muzz, Okay, what you.
Speaker 1: Got Today's a well, it's a pretty easy one.
Speaker 3: You're going to be looking at a bunch of eyes and trying to guess which celebrity they.
Speaker 1: Belong to them.
Speaker 2: I just saw something with the Rock, like a meme going around like nobody can pick out the Rock's eyes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not gonna say whether or not he is featured in this. Okay, you'll see if that's true or not. Steve BUSHEMI in there. No, I do not believe. So those are the eyes. Those are the most recognizable eyes on the planet. I did pretty good. I think these are definitely easily recognizable eyes. So go check it out.
Speaker 3: If you get one hundred percent, let me know at the world famous rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.
Speaker 8: The rod Ryan Show on ninety four five, The Bust Your Own ninety four five, The Bus, Food Fighters, and Learn to Fly My favorite band, my second favorite food Fighter song.
Speaker 2: Good morning, welcome board on this wild card Wednesday. I hope you're off to a great start to your day. We hope you're kind of just hunkering down and enjoying a second snow day. Many of you are more of you out on the roads today, for sure. The airport is now opened, so that means more traffic. Obviously, a lot of people needed to get back to work yesterday truly was.
Speaker 1: They had that snow day feel to it. When I was driving.
Speaker 2: We got out of here early yesterday too, because I wanted to play in the snow, so we got out of here pretty early. And even just driving through my neighborhood, you just saw everybody out on the streets, all the kids, the parents were out there playing with them, you know, like my dad did.
Speaker 1: Wait, did.
Speaker 2: I think my dad ever took a day off of work to sit around and throw snowballs with me and Randy Ryan?
Speaker 1: No, he worked. He worked.
Speaker 2: Oh you gotta get that double pay anytime they offered any extra pay my day, my dad worked everything.
Speaker 1: I didn't work on that. But yeah, yesterday was fun. I saw Alex was out there frolicking around with his dog and new kid. I was going down a snowy hill in a metal salad bowl. Yeah. I didn't have enough hills by me to go down. I would have. Yeah, Houston, You start to realize Houston's pretty flat pretty much. Yeah, Buffalo. One of the parks, Eleanor Tinsley Park was packed.
Speaker 3: Ye.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it looked like it was Herman Park. I saw, Yeah, Oh yeah, is that where the Miller Theater is I believe so.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I saw guy skiing. I saw guy snowboarding down there and.
Speaker 3: All the stuff. It was like the like the guys that have a like guy had a sled. That was the one time he was like, hell, yeah, I have a sled in Houston, Texas.
Speaker 2: I grew up with this and it wasn't lost on me that this doesn't happen here. To walk around Houston and see snow everywhere.
Speaker 1: I wanted to be outside yesterday. I wanted to be a part of it.
Speaker 4: I mean, it is.
Speaker 1: It is a you know, not a once in a lifetime thing.
Speaker 2: And I don't know how it's gonna how much it's gonna happen moving forward, but it just doesn't happen that often. If you didn't get outside and take advantage of it, it's like, man, it's not gonna happen for a long time.
Speaker 3: It was just crazy seeing how much like cold weather had affected all of the South, like Alabama had people like I saw people at Auburn University partying out there. Then I saw Pensacola, Florida, like beach houses and stuff had snow on it. Galveston absolutely had the snow already, but super crazy, seeing it in places that you don't normally see it.
Speaker 1: Super sick.
Speaker 2: Flex To see somebody cross country skiing on Galveston Beach, Yeah, pretty wild.
Speaker 1: It was awesome.
Speaker 2: And then I saw somebody skiing down Bourbon Street. They had a lot of snow in New Orleans Winter Olympics and Mike Gallas soon.
Speaker 1: I don't think so. I don't think so.
Speaker 17: So.
Speaker 2: I hope you're okay with your power and burst pipes don't happen to you. It's just so crazy cold out there right now still, so we'll be in with you the rest of the week. I'm hearing from teachers that if they didn't see anything about schools being closed tomorrow, then plan on your kid going to school tomorrow. At this point, that's just speculation. There's no there's been no official word on some of that stuff as of yet. Chile, it's nine point thirty one. Chili said he was giving you one extra day all show today. You were giving people a chance to sign up for.
Speaker 1: A big stretch there. Wake up. It's cold in here.
Speaker 2: I know it's kind of cold in this building because no one's working. They don't feel like they're saving a little couple.
Speaker 1: Bucks on the heat.
Speaker 2: Are we going to announce a before we leave today of somebody that's gonna.
Speaker 1: Come down and play Read my Lips tomorrow? Yes, I actually already have a person. You already picked somebody? Yeah I did, because you want to share it with us now or yeah that's cool all right? So, uh, Chelsea, we got a Chelsea. Let me see you last name? Uh zyg Grain or grain nailed it? Yeah, perfect. I'm sure that's how it's supposed to be saying. I think she's probably saying it wrong. I probably say Satiracs. Yeah, something like that, Tony Satury. Yeah, it's one of them names like that, you know. All right, she knows who she is, all right, she's gonna come in and play Alex tomorrow.
Speaker 15: Yeah, she's playing Alex already confirm and everything.
Speaker 1: So, uh, we are set to go with Read my Lips tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Tell her to download that stupid song you guys listen to so she's not shocked when she hears Sultan's curse. Musta don masta don Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, all right, Chili's already got somebody, so we're gonna play read my Lips.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Chili.
Speaker 2: We're gonna play read my lips tomorrow. The Baltimore Ravens tight end.
Speaker 1: Mark Andrews. Mark Andrews is his name.
Speaker 2: He didn't have a good game, but he's now recognized as the guy that really dropped that catchable ball and then bumbled. Also, well, yeah, but I'm saying he didn't have a good game, but he did not catch the two point conversion that would have tied the game up and probably would have forced the Bills Ravens game to go into overtime. Yes, okay, it was a catchable ball. He didn't catch it. Didn't have a good game before that either. You can imagine Ravens fans are not being too kind to him. His girlfriend had to shut off her social media all the way up to and include it. And I hate this death threats for a guy that is being single handedly blamed, which is not true, but I get it. I mean, emotions are running hot. So there's he couldn't he couldn't be.
Speaker 1: There on the day that everybody's cleaning out their lockers. He couldn't take part in that.
Speaker 2: There are there's already trade talks getting him out of there, just because the city's never going to embrace him and it's just not a safe place for.
Speaker 3: Him to be.
Speaker 1: There's already trade talks with this guy.
Speaker 2: Bill's Mafia did something a little different, not so much different for Bill's Mafia because they've done this sort of thing before, but Bill's Mafia and it's not even it's not even done as a backhanded compliment. It's just done as a way of saying, you know what, Okay, this guy having a bad day right now. He's kind of one of the big reasons that we're going to be playing Bill's are going to be playing Kansas City right now. They found his charity, which he has been working with a charity for a number of years, and Bill's Mafia put up a GoFundMe specifically to donate to this tight Ends charity.
Speaker 1: Mark Andrews, who he's been working with them for years.
Speaker 2: They've they've donated. Bills Mafia has donated over fifty thousand dollars to.
Speaker 1: Give to his charity. That's pretty awesome.
Speaker 2: That's Bill's Mafia is a little bit more than just jumping through tables and acting like jackasses out at tailgates.
Speaker 1: Mafia also doesn't finances.
Speaker 2: Too Yeah, so Mafia does some things like this. They've done things like this in the past. I mean, you know, it's easy to do it when you're doing it for your own person. But you know, there's a there's a wing at a hospital that is named after Josh Allen's grandma that Bill's Mafia paid for.
Speaker 1: They paid for us. It's pretty crazy.
Speaker 3: Alton Andy Dalton getting into the playoffs got.
Speaker 2: Him into the playoffs a couple of years into the twenty some year playoff drought, and they donated to Andy Dalton's charity. And Bill's Mafia does stuff like this, so it'll be interesting to see what happens. It's over fifty thousand dollars right now. Now they're talking about the Chargers may be interested in this poor guy. They're running them out of town. They're running them completely.
Speaker 3: Out of there.
Speaker 1: MVP quarterback just throwing balls like he was blindfolded.
Speaker 2: I'm saying no, saying he got a hell of a season. So Bill's Mafia donating money doing some good things.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 6: The rod Ryan Show, Good Mornings ninety four, five, The.
Speaker 2: Buzz ninety four or five, The Bus Blink one eighty two, and one more time.
Speaker 1: Rod Ryan's shown.
Speaker 2: It's still extremely cold out there. I guess it's it's not like under the heading of an extreme cold warning, but if it's in the twenties, it's extremely cold.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I'm warning you, okay, very cold out there, listener.
Speaker 2: Paul is very excited about that nine inch Nails announcement that we had today. I loved here in the nine is Nails announcement, Rod, says Paul. And they're coming to Houston. Do you know if the floor tickets will be seats or general admission. I'm gonna have my sister in law come down from North Dakota for the show, and she wants to be up close.
Speaker 1: I still have not tried your cream cheese and salami sandwich.
Speaker 4: What's wrong with you?
Speaker 1: How have you not eaten the cream cheese and salami sandwich yet? I invented that.
Speaker 2: He says, have a great day and drive safely home, all of you. Thanks, Paul. I don't know what the seating arrangements are going to be. It's very rare that you're seeing the whole floor wide open.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: They don't want that whole pushing thing going on. People don't know how to behave. You have to have an area, you have to have an area of seats. I think for a show like this, this is my guest now, I don't know. My guess is because the Ninest Nail show that we announced this morning is at the Toyota Center the Peel It Back to Her twenty twenty five, September twelfth, Toyota Center.
Speaker 1: Tickets on sale next Wednesday.
Speaker 2: My guess is there'll be seats on the floor and then an area that they deem the pit, which for Ninest Nails.
Speaker 3: I don't want to be a mettle violent maybe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was down in the pit for that Limp Biscuit show and I'm like, okay, old man river me.
Speaker 1: I was just stepping back.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I don't want I'm not involved in any of that anymore. I'd like to be able to turn my head tomorrow from side to side. My guess is there will be seats on the floor, but I haven't seen anything yet. All Right, we have tickets to Monster Jam. No seats on the floor for that because the trucks kind of use up the whole space, but you can walk around on the track during the pit party. I've got a four pack of tickets and pit passes come by and say hello to us. Saturday February first, Alex will have a question for you on the flip of this brake.
Speaker 1: I hope you stick around.
Speaker 6: Houston's rocking alternatives.
Speaker 4: The Dry Morning Show from six to ten AM, ninety.
Speaker 2: Four or five ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning Rod Ryan Show. All right, it's side for another show. We want to see you guys at Monster Jam, the very first show. There's three of them, you know, this Saturday and Sunday, February one and two, and then the following Saturday. I've got tickets for the Saturday, February one show. Make a day of it, man, I got pit passes for you. I got a four pack of tickets.
Speaker 1: You and the whole family.
Speaker 2: Come on down, get the pictures, say hi to Chili, get a picture with Chili. I'm not even charging extra for that. Okay, what's your question to win these passes?
Speaker 1: Well, it's National Hot Sauce Day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we were talking about the most popular hot sauces nationwide.
Speaker 2: But what is Texas's number one hot sauce? Seven one three, two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 1: If you know the show ninety four five, The Buzz is everywhere you are.
Speaker 6: Tell your smart device to play ninety four to five the buzz on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: Okay, ninety four or five The buzz.
Speaker 2: Was thirty seconds to Mars and to kill rod Ryan Show, Get run to wrap things up here for a very very cold wild card Wednesday. That was our number one link today. I'm going to take a look to see what else what else you guys are looking at online?
Speaker 1: But we do have some tickets to give away. He's now time for you know this show on ninety four five the.
Speaker 5: Buzz La la la, la la la.
Speaker 1: Good Morning rod Ryan Show. Is this Good morning family, It's Chris. This is Chris Daughtry.
Speaker 2: It is man, dude, you're one of the best at sending me word suggestions for reading my lips.
Speaker 1: I look forward to your words tomorrow. Thank you for always being there helping us out with that.
Speaker 2: So all right, let's think we can get you some tickets here. This is Chris Daughtry. He's one of our you know, famous named listeners for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's your question?
Speaker 3: Well, Chris, since it's Nashaw Hot Haste, what is the most popular hot sauce for Texans?
Speaker 1: Is it the Louisiana Hot. It is Louisiana brand Hot Sauce. Yes, it is number one according to Instacart in Louisiana. They'll call that the red dot. Oh okay, yeah, they'll call it like diverity, red dot. That's Louisiana. I did not know what that was referring to. You got that red dot on it.
Speaker 2: Christ you're the winner. We're gonna get you some tickets to go see Monster Jam Bring the fam. It's a four pack with pit passes. Saturday, February first, dude, you're in ex fun.
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 1: Thanks Chris? You working? You were you out on the roads today? Oh I'll work from home. I mean I still have to work. People still got to get paid. Okay, but you're not on the roads. Good all right, bro, thank you. It sounds like you're in a wind tunnel right now. All right, hang on, Chris, I thought he was outside. All right, that's it. We gotta go.
Speaker 7: We have to go.
Speaker 1: Why is the carpet? Went Todd, fresh out of bed, head to head.
Speaker 2: The dude called he won. He beat made Jordan a one pump chump. There's been more one pump chumps this year than anything. Why is the carpet went Todd. I think he's a six time Hall of Famer. He's gonna try to make it win number two tomorrow morning as we play the Fresh.
Speaker 1: Out of Bad head to head at six twenty.
Speaker 2: Okay, new Papa Roach coming up with Jeremy straight up at ten o'clock.
Speaker 1: This new Papa Roach song is awesome. Yeah it is.
Speaker 2: I don't know why we didn't get people calling in to talk about I took a bunch of emails on it though, and great reception on this new Papa Roach song. We announced Nine Inch Nails. Oh so excited about this concert. Peel it back to our twenty twenty five September twelfth at the Toyota Center.
Speaker 1: Take us to go on sale next Wednesday. You know what we like to do. We like to give away tickets before they go on sale.
Speaker 2: So we'll do the same thing with Shinedown that was announced yesterday. So we'll have more tickets to shine Down tomorrow, more Nine Inch Nails tickets. It looks like we are playing Read My Lips tomorrow and Chili lined up Chelsea to play.
Speaker 1: I don't know anything about Chelsea, but it's probably an amazing person.
Speaker 2: But I saw his email to her and said, here's the mast down song that's gonna be blawing in your head.
Speaker 1: So he sent her the song so that she knows she can do a little premp. Yeah, he's telling her where to park and doing all that stuff.
Speaker 2: And then here's the song that you're going to be listening to during the game to help you get acquainted.
Speaker 1: So that's gonna be tomorrow at eight twenty that we play that game. I don't know what the be, but it'll be on Chelsea to try to beat Alex.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: All right, there was some good activity on the website today, people sitting at home. Wild Card Wednesday was number one looking at Girls. It was number two yesterday's Tattuesday, Yesterday's looking at Girls. Howie Mandel surprising Bill Burr by bringing out Billy Corgan.
Speaker 1: Are these guys half brothers? I don't know. I didn't even get any more clarity on.
Speaker 2: This, but I couldn't believe you know all things, Bill Burr. I was surprised that I've delivered that information to you this morning.
Speaker 1: You gotta watch. It's uncomfortable. Can't wait to you check it out.
Speaker 2: It's very, very uncomfortable. That is on links and guests because a lot of you guys clicked on that this morning, so read my lips. Tomorrow I'll be asking you to send me words all morning long. Tomorrow is Throwback Thursday. Tomorrow is six to Graham Thursday. Like I said, Jeremy's up next. He's got the NonStop nooner. Pick your tickets with him in the one o'clock hour, and you're it's Past the Gravy Day.
Speaker 1: Gravy Day. Yeah, about six o'clock to night eleven episode of Okay, so we'll talk about that, said, so we'll talk at six hundred. Yeah, yeah, Lee, who'dus thought?
Speaker 2: We'll talk about that tomorrow as a new episode of Past the Gravy will be available for you on links and guests. All right, that's it, Jeremy, take it away, and uh have fun with this new Poppa Roach song. We're on a twenty hour break. We're back with you tomorrow morning, man, Stay safe, stay warm, AMF.
Speaker 1: Well, Well wasn't that fun. If you missed any of the show today, All the good Stuff will be podcast.
Speaker 17: Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.