Speaker 1: Jusio, New Yorkers, Toxi around.
Speaker 2: This is the seventy seven WABC Mini Cast.
Speaker 3: This is Freedom two fifty The Decisions that made America Now. Here's Jake Novak.
Speaker 2: Seven fifteen PM. Here in the Eastern time zone. I'm Jake Novak, live here on Freedom to fifty The Decisions that made America Joining us Now is Michael Castellera. Michael was a guest on this program weeks ago, just before he was sentenced on a financially related conviction against him, And of course we established a number of things during that initial conversation, including the objective fact that this was there are no actual victims in this crime. But since then he has been sentenced, and Michael, one of the things that has led to a more harsh sentence for you is, at least according to the judge, you're lobbying for a pardon for this conviction. So tell us where we are right now and what we've missed since we last spoke to you.
Speaker 1: He actually called it distasteful and craven that I would even consider applying for a pardon.
Speaker 2: That's a that's a little bit rough. I mean, you're not allowed to ask for forgiveness, but go ahead continue.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if there's no crime, I should be allowed to answer forgiveness. Why would I have to answer forgiveness if if there is no crime? Yet he's chosen to rule with feelings every step of the way. I actually received an extra year for doing media for not showing remorse against my crimes.
Speaker 2: The issue with that is you continue to contend that you are innocent. So this is the conundrum that everyone who is convicted of a crime that they don't believe they're guilty of is always basically in basically, do they have to admit that they committed a crime that they don't feel that they committed to get a better sentence, or do they need to try to go the extra mile for what they believe is the truth. That's that's the dilemma that's been in front of you.
Speaker 1: Yes, it is, because you know, we to get to the DJ to get them revisit this case. I mean, you know, that's that's the biggest uphill battle there is. So it's which uphill battle do you take presidential pardon if you could prove that you were politically persecuted or fighting the DJ who basically all they want to do is cover each other's wrongdoings so nobody gets fired on their side.
Speaker 2: Michael, you've contended that your open support for President Trump led to this conviction. So that's a big part of your case to the Trump administration for a pardon, isn't it is?
Speaker 1: And we even crossed up to recently. Up until about a month ago, the partner attorney reached outs at the court, I guess for protocol to discuss my partner application and to see who the judge has any comments. They said ninety percent of the time they never even comments on it or anything. This judge wanted to make my partner application public. I think somebody said to me that this would be like one of the first times in US history that that would happen. Then proceeded the Sudden District in New York. Who are the ones that want to put me in jail for eleven years? The Southern District of New York deputies actually sided with the office of the partner attorney to again state that they believe that my partner application is too sensitive to make part of a public docket. The judge still what done, and the judge then opened it to the media till July twenty fourth, they had to write a response.
Speaker 4: If any media wrote, he would have released it. And like my lawyer said, if fifty people write for you and one person writes for him, he's going to rule with that one media entity.
Speaker 1: Thank god, nobody wrote, nobody said anything, so the department application has remained sealed.
Speaker 2: We're talking to Michael Castellero, who is you have a date that you need to report to prison, correct and tell us when that is and tell us more about your about your sentence.
Speaker 1: Due to report September tenth. We are appealing the case. We're waiting for the same judge to rule on bombline appeal. We think we have given him enough case law, on top of case law and on top of case law to be able to rule for bombing appeal. And at least I could, you know, not be uprooted, because the stress to me is even if I go to jail on an appeal, they're still going to take my assets and in turn my wife and kids to come homeless. And that's something I can't fathom. And that's the reason why I will speak to the media, and that's why we're here today. So I'm hoping for bombla and appeal pending a pardon or if for a pardon that happen between now and September tenth, for my wife and kids. And I don't care what you do to me. And that really is the truth at the end of the day.
Speaker 2: Michael Castillarro, you know, one of the reasons why I wanted to revisit your story is not only because of the impending reports to prison date, but also because I want to remind people of the personal history and the political history of the pardon. Now, just before we went to break, I let everyone remind I told everyone about the very first presidential pardon in seventeen ninety five that George Washington issued not to friends, not to people who supported him, but literally to his enemies, people who had committed treason against not only the United States government, but were ready to take up arms against a militia that Washington, as president was leading towards western Pennsylvania. So, in other words, he could have taken this very personally. And one of the people who was pushing him not to be in any way lenient on the Whiskey rebels was Alexander Hamilton, the Treasury Secretary at the time and his former aid when he was a general, and actually Alexander Hamilton rode out with the militia took they got the band back together. They became army buddies again, just for that moment. But Hamilton ended up writing the words of the actual pardon, the actual pardon statement. Why because as much as Alexander Hamilton didn't want to give lenience to these guys, the Whisky Rebels, he believed it was important for the president of the United States to be the only one who had the pardoning power. Not Congress, not an auto pen, not a White House staff, but the president himself, acting like the kings and queens did in old Europe. The fauniding fathers wanted a president who was like a king and queen but accountable, but had all the same powers, but accountable, and that was a big part of it. So President Trump is someone who we could see doing this. And for many years they've been talking about how President Trump some kind of vindictive guy that has been shown to be completely not true. I mean, we just had two hours ago on this very station Michael Cohen, who the President has very publicly based forgiven for for everything. So here you have someone in yourself who supported President Trump and you're you're hoping for a part and last word to you, Michael Castelaire.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just you know, I hope he's right now watch it listening to your show. I hope we could hear this, because you know, we have I think I've done anything and everything to the point that I have to be able to I think be in a position where people can understand the injustices that have happening, not just to me, but hundreds of thousands of people that were seeing position. They were loyal to President Trump, and now the bidens came after them.
Speaker 5: Hard, hard, because you know, the movement that he created was second to none. I mean, we relocated to Florida because of him. Really, Florida was open and he moved to Florida and me and my family picked up and we moved to Florida.
Speaker 1: We were away from where he lived. We were a member of the properties of Trump properties and so on, and we frequented them. And now it's it's it's a point where you know, they chose to pick and choose in twenty twenty one who they came after.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's been the problem with prosecution of the DOJ and sadly now also in DA's offices across the country. Undeniably, it feels like, no matter who's in charge, the decision for which groups and which people get charge is more political than basically taking a flow chart and saying, where can we which indictments will get us the most peace and prosperity in this country? Instead, it's which indictments will get us the most political points score? Michael, where can people learn before we go? Where can people learn more about your case and more about your story? Tell us some of those websites where you have that information.
Speaker 1: I have a website called Michael kessleara dot com and they can find me on x at Mike ce All nine two one. I'm pretty active. I'm extra active. I guess you could say, all.
Speaker 2: Right, well, please keep in touch and we will continue to tell your story. And again, it's a great way for people to learn the history of this country. It's happening right now, folks, and it's great to understand where all these rules come from. It particularly the presidential pardon as it was established by George Washington. Michael, thank you so much, and best of luck to you when we come back. I'm going to talk about what certainly is one of the most momentous decisions, no matter where you fall on at pro or con in American history, and that was the very quick decision by Harry S. Truman, President Truman to recognize the state of Israel. What went into that decision, what did it mean. We'll talk about that and what it means for us going forward when we come back. Freedom to fifty, The decisions that made America.
Speaker 3: This is Freedom two fifty, the decisions that made America. On seventy seven WABC