Speaker 1: Face has dropped on a new round of sd H A M. John here you there, Thanks for hanging out as you always do. Here's the rundown for today and a little bit for the week. Let's see. So today, obviously we're gonna look back at it Land United and Colorado. We've got all the sounds of the match. You'll hook it from Ronnie Dila, Ronald Hernandez coming up here in the show. You've also got we'll go through the numbers. Abe's gonna join us an hour one. Bart's gonna join us an hour two. We do have cards and calls. We'll talk a little bit about what's going on there. And I was shocked when Bart told me this this morning. But in the interest of fair play, which is in growing the game, which is what we like to do, Bart actually had some plaudits.
Speaker 2: That he wanted to hand out. I was shocked.
Speaker 1: He's I want to comment, I want to talk about some good things that we're done, and so we'll do that too. And it didn't hit me really until Bart sent that note that all.
Speaker 2: We really do.
Speaker 1: Is sit there and we do look at it with a critical eye, don't get me wrong, and we should. But I think at the same time. To Bart's point this morning about a particular reth, what we'll do is when they do something right, we have to talk about it too. And so Bart has opened that door for us this morning. So we're gonna have good and bad might even be a little bit of the old GBU the good, the bad and the ugly. When Bart comes in for cards and calls, we'll talk a little about the Premier League coming back, and that kind of lay itself into cards and calls from the weekend and all of those moments. So Atlanta Nighted, Colorado Highlights and posts, Ronnie Dial, Ronald hernandez Abe's coming up in just a little bit. Then we've got some Atlanta Nited two stuff to get into. Last night on the network. Two's got a big win against Crown Legacy at Home Lake Gold. We've got your Highlights two's reviews coming up later this morning. After the show is over, you'll hear from interim head coach Hose Silva, You'll hear from Patrick Wia, you'll hear from Totomajoub, who was the player of the match for Jason and Natty last night. And so that'll be and also looking at what's going on right now in the Eastern Conference and the race to get in is pretty tight and Landy United two is a part of that race.
Speaker 2: And so we'll go.
Speaker 1: Over all of the material that is there involving that. Also here in the show, we've got all of the gossip Berman and you window going on overseas, everything going on over there, and laying all of that out for the day. Okay, so the week the week is today is today, Casey White, Casey D. We're gonna find out where she be and she's going to bat lead off Tomorrow. We'll go through her matchup with Jessica Charman, We'll talk about Major League Soccer with Toronto and Columbus. Then we'll get into the college game with her and maybe some NWSL. So when Casey D comes in usually on Tuesdays, that'll be the purview that we look at is we'll talk about the NWSL with their season, We'll talk about the USL Super League. If she is tapped on the shoulder to call that, we'll get into that, but it's gonna be NWSL college and matches that she calls. We get into that focus. That's tomorrow and we should have a segment taping it if the lords of taping will will agree, we're taping it today later because our guest is overseas, And what we're going to start doing is we're gonna start looking and I don't know if you want to call it a if you want to call it a lecture series, you can. But what we're going to do, because of everything going on involving John Texter and involving everything that is attached to multi club ownership, we're going to get into those conversations with a couple of friends of ours, one in England and one in South America, and we're going to talk about the repercussions of MCOs and kind of do almost like literally almost like a lecture series. We're going to walk through multi club ownership model. We're going to look at the good and the bad and some of the pitfalls that are attached and why folks are still allowed to function within the purview of MCOs when it looks like they really don't need to be. So it'll be a part of a discussion and it's going to start today on tape and we'll run tomorrow in hour number two, and so we'll start that and we'll start having on the website probably in the next little bit some articles from written in South America from that perspective as South America is exposed to the multi club ownership model and what they're experiencing as they go, and what to look out for in national soccer organizations just to kind of keep kind of keep your eye on things. We're gonna we're gonna be looking at things with a critical eye and attach it with some journalism and you know, like I said, it's gonna be a bit of an electure series and try to figure out, Okay, what do we know, what do we not know, what do we need to keep an eye on. It'll be an education when it comes to MCOs and everything that's attached to it, the financing of the modern day game, and well, why is somebody there, why are they not? Why is it only this much? Why can't they do more? Those kinds of things. So it's gonna be a real interesting discussion that we're going to be having going forward with us with some folks as a part of our own education when it comes to the world game and what to look out for going forward. So that should air tomorrow on Hour number two. So KCD and our beginning of our mco lecture series in our number two Wednesday, Tyler Pilgrim's Carves and Spikes, and then we'll start getting ready for the weekend coming up. Toronto's coming to town and we'll try and find our opposition research when it comes to Toronto FC. And then let's see so if we can catch up with the busiest man of the Northeast, Dylan Butler. That gets us through Wednesday, Thursday. By the way, Thursday and Friday. Once again, I'm on the road, so you'll see me in hotel rooms on Thursday and Friday, and it'll be the Power Hour on Thursday. We'll see if we can line up some guests. Friday, see if we can catch up with our friends from Beyond Goals menering, find out what's going on in the life of Major League Soccer and get you ready for the weekend with Atlanta coming up and playing Toronto FC, all of that's going on. I didn't have the chance really to do an opening kickoff, which is fine because we'll get into that after our guest, Abe Gordon, drops in, and so we have to make sure that Abe is properly hydrated as always, and so look, I know how Abe worked. He's getting properly hydrated, he's getting all of his notes. First off, we have to add Abe, how was the nighttime running, sir?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Alien half marathon went pretty well. It was incredibly hot for about six or seven miles, and then we got hit for about six minutes with a little bit of light sprinkle, which felt good. And then we got hit for like three miles with an absolute downpour and it worked for me, like I really needed that. It was refreshing and it was cooling, and so the run went well. But the shoes are, I believe, still soaking wet from the rain. So everything is good. I definitely feel it in my calves right now. But thirteen point one miles done, So happy about it?
Speaker 1: I mean, so what was your time? Were you happy with the time considering conditions?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I was. I was.
Speaker 3: I was hoping to go just sub two, which is like a nine oh nine pace. I ended up running like a one fifty five twenty four, which is like a eight forty seven or something pace somewhere in there. But yeah, executed the plan, I think, which is what's important.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: I wanted to get the first seven miles relatively quick in terms of pace, and just make sure I had some time in the last six miles to slow down if need be, and then and got it done.
Speaker 2: So are we happy? All right?
Speaker 1: So I know that obviously you might have been just a passive listener at some point, catching up over the weekend, trying to find out what was going on since since you left Maddie and Nick in charge of the Lunatic Asylum up there in the the Imitation Placial Studient as a ninety two nine in the game in the Odyssey app and it was Atlanta United down early Darren Yappi again. Then you end up with Alexi Madanchuk getting continuing his form, and then it was two moments in the second half. I'm still trying to look at the PK call and go, okay, where was it? But that's just me and I'll look at it again this morning. And then Navajo after the PK gets the brace, and it was moments in the second half and it was another three to one loss. Another long night for Atlanta. Nighted out in Commerce City.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I was actually watching as the PK was happening. I think I was on my phone taking the dog out for a walk, and it was it was you know, it was just one of those things where you wonder if it's an instance of Barrett Call just not knowing the league at a certain level and needing to adjust a little bit more and at something you probably there's a little bit of allowance for that from an individual perspective. Obviously, it's tough for the team to go down. I did think it was a foul. The leg is out there. It's if the guy wants to to take a step and trip over it, he's certainly welcome to do so, and he did.
Speaker 4: He got bar Call off guard. Barry Call was reaching and the legs there.
Speaker 3: Again, he could have fought and could have stayed up, but Barry Call did take him out, like it's a fair call. But I do just kind of attribute that to not knowing the league yet not knowing some of the players in an adjustment period. That is always gonna happen as a guy takes on a new league. I'd rather him adjust right now when the team is not going to the playoffs, when the team is not winning games, than have this happen in match day one of the next MLS season. So it's frustrating, but you have to allow it. Again, it goes to what we've seen John. It sounds like from and I listened to a fair shake of the first half as well with with with Mike and Jason, it sounds like, again, this is an argument where the team outplayed their opponents in the first half and all you can muster by way of an outstanding performance from Moranchuk once again, is a draw heading into halftime. And it's just one of those things where you've got to find ways to punish teams when you're out playing them. And it hasn't happened on Saturday night in Colorado, it hasn't.
Speaker 4: Happened for the majority of this season.
Speaker 3: And if I look heading into next season, if I look at like the one thing that needs to be different is you just have to punish teams when you're out playing them. That's the long and short of it. If we're gonna be honest, teams have moments against you, they make them count. You have long stretches against opponents, and you do not make them count. If you could just change that up on the defensive side and on the offensive side, you do. Like what you've seen, there is an argument that this team has been playing much much better over.
Speaker 4: The past I mean even month and a half.
Speaker 3: Really, I mean it's been a long stretch now where you felt you just got complete the outclassed in a match, and even now you definitely got outclassed in the second half, right, But over the course of it, you've just got to make teams pay. And it hasn't happened Saturday or for the most part this whole season.
Speaker 1: Looking at the numbers first half, to your point, it was I'm not gonna get into x ab or anything like that, but total shots seven to four for Atlanta United in the first forty five minutes, and it was one shot on target, so one shot on target of the seven for Atlanta and I did one shot of the four for Colorado.
Speaker 2: In the first forty.
Speaker 1: Five four shots listed as off target two blocks each, four shots inside the eighteen, which means the other three were outside the eighteen. Then you switch it to the second forty five minutes to your point, and fifty to fifty possession big chances one each side. Colorado had more total shots at five to four, and then you get into more shots on target to one shots off target. Obviously, the same two blocks four shots inside the eighteen for Colorado. So the numbers tilt, but it doesn't seem like they completely and totally just slam and the table completely and totally upends.
Speaker 2: So once again it's like you're there and you're in it.
Speaker 1: And it looked like and it was a concern that was raised here late in the week, and it was a concern raised by Mike and Jason and by Maddie and Nick about altitude and trying to figure out when you get to sixty or sixty five, just try to push through it. And it was in the pregame show, I believe, and it's like, you're pushing through that, and it looked like it was just one of those where, yeah, right there at that wall and you've got to be on top of it with your subs and so you're trying to come back at that point after the Navajo brace, and you're trying to come back from three to one, and you're doing it in the conditions you do with the subject.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's always, in my opinion, it's always tough.
Speaker 3: To rely on second half statistics because of game game situation. In scenario, once they're up three to one, and again I don't know what it looked like before they went up three to one, but obviously you would expect Atlanta to have a lot more possession at that point because Colorado is not interested in chances and so it gets a little walkie can even out, so you know, Unfortunately, again I didn't see the entire second half, so it's tough for me to really go you know how I like to do it. I just kind of vibe and talk about how I feel it playing out. But look, the thing here is, John, is You've got eight games left, four at home, four on the road. This team has yet to win a road game all season, and obviously we're a long ways away from what like the expectations were coming into the year. Even some of the worst teams in the league have won one road game, and that's kind of what I'm looking at now. Everything to me is about building something to be excited for next season. You can't go into next year having not won a single road game. I just you want to see it happen at some point. So you got four chances left, That's what I'm focusing on the rest of the way, Just try and find three points on the road.
Speaker 4: Whatever you can get at home, you'll you'll take.
Speaker 3: But outside of that, it's about getting some of these new players acclimated to the system.
Speaker 4: Again. I think bart called is working through an adjustment period. That's understandable.
Speaker 3: I think me his a couple games ahead of him in regards to that, and that's nice to see. But you got to get al Zat in there and anyone else that you think is going to be a significant part of next season. Get those adjustments out of the way as much as you can right now.
Speaker 1: You mentioned me high at the back as he continues to integrate eight clearances on the night for Naomi High, one block and a pick three of four on his duel's ninety nine touches, ninety six percent passing in eighty one and eighty four, had the one long ball there as well as a part of the duo of center backs with him and Steon gregorson. Then you also meant one barrack call Luke Brennan getting high numbers. Steven Alzat also getting high numbers. In the twenty minutes that he was in ninety percent passing on twenty three touches nineteen to twenty one, he had three of four on his duels, and so the pieces once again, you're trying to integrate Barra Call, Alzat, me Hi, Leola Fonso was getting minutes last night for the twos and so right now is that this is that period of time that you're talking about. It's like, Okay, I've brought you in for a reason, let's see what you can.
Speaker 2: Do, and we'll work. We'll work towards something.
Speaker 1: What that is, it's finishing up right now as best you can and then looking toward twenty six. To your point, what have been some of your early returns when you look at folks like me Hi and Barack Call and Alzat and all the other folks, Well.
Speaker 3: I think right now you're just trying to justify who is a mainstay and who is maybe more in a reserve role. And I'd like to get a much longer look at Alzante for sure. I'd like to continue to get more look at Will Riley as well. As far as I'm concerned, a name me High is locked in. He's a mainstay. I want to see more about from Barakal and make sure I'm ready to make that call and make that decision now Obviously, I don't know what some of the offseason movement looks like in terms of the roster, and I think that obviously will play a role. Are you bring Stean gregorson back? Is that someone you look to move out of there as well? And if so, who's gonna step in in his main replacement. There's a lot of questions and discussions to be had. But in terms of the guys that have just been brought in that I really like what they're bringing and want to see more of an Am High is right at the top of that list. And then again, I'd like to get a better look at Alzata and by the way, I'd like to get a better look at some of the twos. And we all know I love Brad Guzan and I don't know what the plan is for him next year. This is a discussion between him and the club. I wouldn't mind seeing him once or twice on the stretch. I'm not just making a flat out replacement here, because Gooz is a club legend. He just you know, he gets to decide, in my opinion, how he goes out. But I'd like to see more of Dom tronk QUI I'd like to see some of these guys that are potentially gonna have roles next year, and again, I think getting them acclimated to the difference between what mlsx Pro and the MLS and what they might see from a physical difference, a speed difference. Again, if at any point you think that they're playing a role next season, it's not a bad idea to get some of their introduction to the league out of the way.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 3: I know don tronk Qui had a little breadth of it earlier. Now he's caught back up, and maybe try him again again, even if it's just to get some more acclimation of the league. But you've also got to do that continually with baracl and Alzante and some of these other guys. But he look, two matches ago, Ronnie Dla said, ten matches, ten wins, thirty points.
Speaker 4: You're above the playoff line.
Speaker 3: It's ten cup finals, and look, I think that's a great mindset to have. You're now two matches gone and two losses, or you may have caught a draw in one of those, but obviously you're not just gonna roll off eight straight wins. I think that's understandable and so it's okay to admit, like, what's not gonna happen just because mathematically you're not eliminated, Like, it's okay to have that discussion internally, externally from the fan base, from the team, and start to look towards next year and probably what you need to accomplish before the end of this season to give you the best chance next year. And I think those sometimes comes with some of the main stays being on the bench and some youth being served here. And I'm interested to see if at any point they actually do that.
Speaker 1: And you mentioned names in and out and decisions. Derrick Williams was announced last week in between the time that you and I last caught up. Derek is now over at reading and so that is one less decision that has to be discussed. You're looking at folks like Ronald Hernandez who's got an option year. Brad is at the end of a contract, no option, Josh Cohen has an option year. Let's see Jamal has an option year. You're looking at Brooks with an option year, and then getting into your supplementals where Matt Edwards is a homegrown he's got years. Jay has another option year after this, you mentioned all the younger players. Jayden Hibbert's got another three option years after this, and well Riley's got another three same basic contract as Jayden Hibbert and came until Guy she has another option year after this.
Speaker 2: So the number.
Speaker 1: Started out at fifteen that needed to be figured out at the end of this year. Going forward, that number obviously is decreasing, so you're looking more and more like I think it's like ten or eleven right now because of the egress that you've had so far. So to your point, yeah, this stretch run, you're going to get the best out of it that you can. But yes, you do have to start looking at how who the contract decisions And then to your point about Atlanta United two, who is in a playoff race of their own right now? What you're looking at from folks there, and you've seen it with Nixcessek and a couple of others getting those cups of coffee, So you're getting a lot of that's like three dimensional looks here from the twos on up, from the players that are homegrowns in and the folks that have contracts that have to be discussed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think the interesting thing as you view it for next season is you've got to keep Fortune and Edwards in mind, because especially with Jay at the level he was performing at before his injury, but Matt as well was very good up until when he had to be sidelined. And so there is like an odd congestion certainly in the midfield where Sleash is absolutely locked in. And then you've got a number of guys that you could, I don't want to say rotate, but at least strongly considered to be running mates in the midfield. So it's gonna be interesting there. I think the one thing you do know is that as long as they're here late Loft is gonna be up top and and and Migge is gonna be on the right. And until that changes, you you kind of are working around that formation and those two players locked in. And so there's a lot of players under discussion and just not a lot of necessarily openings right now.
Speaker 4: And so look, you've just.
Speaker 3: Got to round out this season with whatever's best for you heading into the offseason. Uh And for me as a fan, I think it's time we understand it. As an analyst, I certainly understand it is you got to make the decisions that are going to help you make decisions next year, and if it costs you a regular season performance this year, then so be it, because you have not done enough in the regular season to put yourself in contention down the stretch in and the mathematical elimination thing doesn't really because other teams are adding and it just it's not there. Like you haven't won a single road game all year. You think you're gonna win all four of the remaining ones plus all four home games.
Speaker 4: And get there, And so, I don't know.
Speaker 3: We just got to be open and honest about it and figure out how whatever happened this year won't happen next year. And it certainly starts with where you're going with your roster, and then it ultimately has to end with how do you finish goals because you're creating some chances and not finishing goals.
Speaker 1: And secondary transfer window, by the way, closes on Thursdays, So if anyone in their mlsness wants to continue to do transactions of any kind, you have until Thursday to do it.
Speaker 2: All right, hit the promo for me. I know that it's going to be another go round on Sunday.
Speaker 1: Odds start time with Toronto, and I think we're still trying to find you a dance partner for post game because I will be attached to the Unified match it's coming on after but we do know pre and post hit the promo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, excited for it back at Mercedes Benz Stadium here on Sunday. So so like you said afternoon broadcast last Sunday afternoon that anyone will be paying attention to Atlanta United, the NFL is coming, so we'll take our last opportunity to get a Sunday game at Mercedes Benz Stadium here that people are watching and rooting for.
Speaker 4: Excited to do it.
Speaker 3: I think pregame at two with kickoff right around three, little after three and ready to roll on Sunday and looking looking to see what sort of performance they can put out there.
Speaker 1: Uh uh three o'clock pre four o'clock kick. Oh there you go, so three o'clock pre four to ten kick, Apple TV and LS season pass and then it is uh the full time report after with Abe and Analyst X. We'll find out who that is. As always, my friend, great to see you.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: May may your rehab with the Calves be what they are knowing how much you run, and I know how when you when you're not feeling well with those calves. I know that gutting from point A to point B just at normal pace is pretty tough. But you're a braver man than I. That's all I can say.
Speaker 4: Yeah, going up the stairs is okay right now. Down the stairs are real problems.
Speaker 3: So I'm living that elevator lifestyle until I get back home.
Speaker 1: As always, good to see my friend, will see us soon, all right, there goes to Abe Gordon and uh yeah, I mean, look, Abe is far better shape than I am. He's got more drive than I do, and it is just that way, you know. And I have seen him in training when things have kind of gone sideways, and you know, it's almost like you're the the old school gunfighter walk, you know from the old movies in the wild wild West, where it's just kind of very very slow and protracted and having to navigate that while you're training. And this was before the Peachtree, So we will see how Abe continues to navigate that. And as always, it's always great to kick off our week with Abe and our friends. At ninety two nine in the game, Bart coming up in about a half an hour. We'll go over cards and calls, we'll go over anything else that's on Bart's mind the return of the prem probably discussing lowdown, dirty cheaters on the British side of things, then getting obviously into var review. There were a couple of moments in the prem that we need to get into, specifically a rule that is six years old that I think a lot of folks forgot. I certain I sure as hell did. So that's that's what we're getting into with Bart coming up at the top of the hour. Okay, Opening Kickoff, I've waited long enough. Opening Kickoff brought to us buy our friends at Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff Coffeeco dot com. And now that we are here, I can do this. There's your QR code for those of you hanging out with us here on a Monday. Hit that QR code, go to Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff Coffeeco dot com. And what you can do You buy out the store after you start your day, you kick off your day, you buy out the store. But you can buy out the store at a fifteen percent discount with our friends at Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff Coffeeco dot Com. If you use the code soccer down here fifteen. Use that code, you get fifteen percent off your purchase. They, in turn, at Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff Coffeeco dot Com take ten percent reinvested into youth games, youth initiatives brought to us. Buy our friends at Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff Coffeeco dot Com for things that they have earmarked is cool and so we will get that. We'll get into that and kick off your day with them as well. Okay, I could have gone a couple different directions here, but I feel like there is something that I need to kind of ask. And I apologize ahead of time that this is just a question that is for the the the gentlemen viewers and listeners here, and this is a show of hands and Monday being what Monday traditionally is the beginning of the week, and you're kind of stumbling around and you're going, you know, hey, I've got to go back to work, I've got to do ABCD and need to get ready for that, and things just kind of fall apart. I have a question for the the the gentleman listeners here when it comes to those of you who are clean shaven, how do you maintain that, and I ask it and I ask this way, and I ask it like this because when for me, I have a very very sensitive I have very very sensitive skin. I mean literally, if I shaved every day, it would it would just not go well. So you'll notice there are a couple of days I'll shave a couple of days a week straight razor, the whole deal. And the boss has tried to figure out a way to make sure that I don't, you know, carve up my face or do anything, and is trying to find the right razor and all this kind of stuff. So we kind of found we kind of settled into a rhythm from an outfit that will send you it's like you're a member. It's a membership campaign. And what you do is you get a membership. They send you razors, they send you the shaving cream, and they send you, you know, what you need to function. Every once in a while, it is like every thirty sixty or ninety days they send you shipments.
Speaker 2: Because my face is what my face is.
Speaker 1: I don't shave every day, and if I did, it would be with an electric razor and the electric razer, you know me and electric razers it's just an issue, and so I can't get it right every day. So with this club membership and a straight razor, there is a hazard with it because the race head is larger than what I'm used to and so it literally is an inch long razor surface and probably you know, let's say maybe two inches wide and inch high something like that, and so because of the size of the razor, I can't get everything. Yes, David, it does. The membership does begin with the letter H. It is an ACE membership. So I have started using this razor that is two inches wide and inch high and it's just once again straight razor, but it is a very large head on the razor. It works well except when you're trying to cut turn corners and get into small spaces. That is evidence in Parcel, Part and parcel, the full example of which happened this morning and shortly before, it's like an hour before, the large razor from the H membership took a big chunk out of my face.
Speaker 2: And you can blame. You can go air four or four all you want.
Speaker 1: Look, I will fall on the sword on this one literally and figuratively. I literally was trying to get something done. I thought I had enough clearance, and I clearly did not, So I took a large chunk out of my face with this razor before I even could use. What I've started doing is for mop up duty. I have the small disposable razors and I will go in in the tighter spaces and do that. My question is, really, when it comes to guys and shaving with straight razors? Is am I the clumsiest person out there when it comes to using straight razors because of what it ends up doing to my face? I didn't know if I was the only one out here that was basically missing missing curves and things like that and basically carving up my face and I am the worst shaver known to mankind. That to me is literally That's how I feel right now, is that I can't get into a Monday and have something like this not happen for a double negative and my mother is probably screaming and cringing as we go. So I was just I wanted to ask when it comes to these kinds of things, A how you attack it, are you electric or straight razors? And level of success rate when it comes to you know, getting what you're trying to accomplished completed without carving up your face. And so yeah, this morning, literally this was not a week of great sleep considering going to Arkansas, and we've got that's kind of like our kicker this morning and getting through and navigating all of that, well, I mean, yeah, I wish it was alex Is Like when you say straight razor, you're talking Sweeney Todd or safety like the Gellette.
Speaker 2: Good News, the.
Speaker 1: The big you know, plastic you know, really inexpensive razor that you just kind of use and it's just like, you know, there you go. So no, it is not quite the Sweeney Todd kind of thing. Yeah, it is not the the demon barber Sweeney Todd. No, it is not that it is me and a straight razor disposable, except for now that I have this membership with the letter H and it's trying to be better. And like I said, I didn't know if I was just the clumsiest person on the planet. And obviously four card has confirmed that I in fact am the clumsiest person on the planet when it comes to razors. And that's not good for someone who spends a life on camera. It really is not, you know, because as much time as I spend on camera. That's why I went with the straight razor the disposable, which is no longer disposable since I have the age membership, but trying to navigate all of that get it to where it actually looks like I have in fact shape, because there are times where I'm missing corners and it's just a mess with the electric raser. So yeah, I just needed confirmation that I am, in fact the clumsiest person in the world when it comes to shaving. So that's basically it. And then with the guys, I was asking, Okay, how do you shave? And obviously you don't have as many errors as I do, but I just wanted to double check and see where you know where things were when it comes to all of that. So let me get the canvassing of opinions here. David, every other day shave before shower, wet facets and shaved gel not foam. And yeah, and it is with this h membership that I do have the gel that that.
Speaker 2: Works, that works on the grill, So yeah, it is.
Speaker 1: It is literally because and even if I do shave every day with this razor, with the disposable or the straight however you want to phrase it, I can't do it every day because once again it'll chew up my face. And so that's why you'll see me on the show sometimes with you know, the Miami vice growth day two. But after about day three it stops, anyway, I swear to god, stops after day three, doesn't get any worse, just get it, just stops. I don't know what it is that they're daring me to shave and carve up my face, and that happened this morning.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So Emilio is single blades, safety raisor old fashioned SOUB synthetic shaving brush. Okay, that is very old school, and you probably you're far better at it than I, Alex, even though I'm always somewhere on the spectrum from stubble to beard. I do shave my cheeks every day, old school safety razor because the blades are cheap. Refuse to spend all that money on cartridges. So four card mock three since nineteen ninety five and not a single issue, the only issues when he's tried other types.
Speaker 2: Okay, but yeah, and for me, literally, I'm all.
Speaker 1: Over the place. It could be big, it could be good news. It could be this h membership that I currently have. I'm all over the place. It's like, look, give me something that has the film on the top to where I'm not really carving up my face, just the gel that helps out the jail strip on top and you know, sits there and helps code everything. As long as I've got that, then I'm in decent shape. David admitting he's not one hundred percent focused and go fast cut my face to shreds. Slow and focused move And that's what I tried to do. I mean, David, that's what I tried to do. But literally, as I was trying to get underneath and here to the top of the mustache, literally I just I missed it completely and I just gouged, and so it was all over the place. So I thought I was focused. But it's also very very early in a Monday morning. Abby has a son who's got an electric in the Hubby has a disposable well and Alex.
Speaker 2: It's not a straight razor.
Speaker 1: I don't it's like disposable, I guess it is probably the best way to phrase it. So, yeah, it's not like the long l thing like we see in you know, Demon Barber Sweeney Todd. No, it's not quite that it's not like the thing we see like in the old Wild West movies. I just always thought that.
Speaker 2: Is a straight razer.
Speaker 1: So okay, fine, let's see it's disposable. It is not straight, Yes, David, membership ones are sharper, need to be careful not to go laterally Jay Lesnick, Oh well, good morning, welcome Jay Lesnick. Do not be a stranger. Daily moisturizing is key. Dry skin more likely to be irritated. And yes, Derek, you are absolutely true. It is shaving down here. It is the SDH network, it is shaving down here. You've definitely pegged it right there. Absolutely true. It Ropes is a shaving expert. Absolutely absolutely. And then so Tom the head involved, shave it all in the shower actually effective anti fog mirror was the biggest challenge, okay. And then Emilio is after the shower. I just like shave first thing in the morning, just because it's there and you know, I'm getting everything done. And so it was like, okay, so that was me asking if I was clumsy. The answer is yes, welcome to SDIGHT shaving down here. That's that's definitely a plus one for you, Derek, Absolutely true. Well, done, well done on a Monday morning, You're you're processing things far faster than I am. That's opening Kickoff brought to us buy our friends at Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff Coffeeco dot Com. There's your QR code for those of you who are hanging out with us, however you are doing so, large device or small, and uh on you once again, you start your day with Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff Coffeeco dot Com. Use the code soccer down here fifteen. You get fifteen percent off your purchase. They in turn take ten percent reinvested youth games youth initiatives brought to us buy our friends at Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff Coffeeco dot Com. All right, so let's get into highlights and posts and sound and things like that from the match from the weekend. And it was one mil Darren Yappi, who I did not have on the Bingo card for you know, coming through the system with Rapids two and doing as well as he has. He seems to have stepped right in as they have sent Georgie Mihailovich to Toronto. We get to see him on Sunday, so he his his visit with Atlanta United this season has just been pushed back a week. So one nilt by Darren Yappie and then all of ninety seconds later, here's your equalizer once again. Mike and Jason on the call. Courtesy of ninety two nine the game in the Odyssey app click.
Speaker 3: Toick gregorson deep in the play on the right wing head to Hernandez now and the right attacking third center to moranshum top of the arc takes a touch shot.
Speaker 6: Shop Gosso.
Speaker 3: From Russia with love a long distance rocket by Alexei Moron.
Speaker 4: Ship to equalize.
Speaker 1: Tied at one at that point. And so that is the home radio version. And so what we also did is we went and got I thought we did.
Speaker 2: Hang on just a second? Did did I not upload this? Uh? So there's that one. There's that one. There's that one. There's that one. Oh, I guess I didn't. So hang on just a second, and we're gonna.
Speaker 1: We're gonna do some We're gonna do some uh we're gonna do some live stuff here.
Speaker 2: Hang on? Uh was that was that that one?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Because I think, yeah, okay, so that is I thought that I had pulled it. I guess I didn't, all right, well, so much for that idea. So I had thought that I had pulled the Mark Rogandino and and he uh he Pierced version, but I guess I haven't. So anyway, that was how it was one one and then Rafa Navajo ends up with a brace. You get your your p K and then the brace in short order, and Navajo get two goals in seven minutes, sixty fourth and seventy. First, I still have to look at the Barrett call contact, you know, if the leg is out. It barely looked like it was any kind of contact to me, And it looked more like there was like falling over the leg than anything else, just kind of working your way around it and falling down.
Speaker 2: So I'll go back and look.
Speaker 1: But my initial thought was that it was just something that was fallen over and not fallen down upon the entire time. So, uh is this is this the No, that's not it because that's too short. Uh Oh, I think I'm out of bypassed it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, so much for that.
Speaker 1: Like I said, I thought I had downloaded the Rogandino and Pierce version from Apple, but I guess I was sadly mistaken. What else isn't it. Well, no, there it is. Hang on, it's a debt that actually I may have it here. Hang on just a second, because you think you load something and then you're kind of like, well, no, you load it, and then you don't. So all right at his desk top and he said, this is me doing This is me doing the goals in like real time. This is me producing a show in real time. And I apologize for that. So I thought i'd loaded it, but I didn't. But I'm loading it now and then we'll play the mark Rogandino and he pierce. Version of what happened to tie the match at one courtesy of our friends at Apple TV Plus and Major League Soccer.
Speaker 2: Lennon.
Speaker 7: With the overlap, the ball will come back inside its leash white.
Speaker 2: For Fernandez, aren't you bending him with his foot?
Speaker 4: And it's one one.
Speaker 2: The league lasted all of about ninety seconds to just.
Speaker 7: Look at the quality on the ball, constantly looking around trying to see where the space is realized there's no pressure on him, knows he could take a lateral touch and just strike this ball through a crowded area where Zach Stephan Kent's until it's too late. What a fantastic strike with the left foot. He's got that quality. We've seen it on a few of.
Speaker 2: His final balls in this first half.
Speaker 7: But to go solo on that one, Zach Stefan left stranded with no chance of making a save.
Speaker 1: There, there's your Heath Pierce and Mark Rogandino call since I finally found it on my desktop. There it is to tie things up at one and then the two goals from the Bajo in seven minutes and it ends up with at Lanty United taking it on the chin by two, three to one in Colorado. Getting ready now for Sunday afternoon four o'clock where we're seeing this season, we're seeing Apple TV kind of give you a couple of different choices leading into Sunday Night soccer, and so at Landy United in Toronto is that choice coming into the weekend looking at lineups to start and this goes to a question with Emilio in the rundown wondering.
Speaker 2: About Noah Cobb.
Speaker 1: We'll get into that in a second starting lineup for at Lanty Nighted Brad Gazan left to right, Brooks Lennon, me Hi Gregorson and Ronald Hernandez two in front of them, Will Riley and Bart Sleash. Your three midfielders, Saba, Alexi, who had the highest ranking for Atlanta United players in the match, and Miguel, and then you had Latte lot up top.
Speaker 2: You had in substitutions.
Speaker 1: Bearkal comes in for Saba in the fifty eight, Luke, Tristan and Steven Alzate in a triple change with seventeen to go for Ronald, Will and Miggy and the Nick Csse comes in for Brooks Lennon and that was your your subs. But Alexi on the day it was ninety minutes, had the goal, fifty nine touches, eighty two percent passing at thirty seven to forty five. You end up with one shot on target, had a shot block, three of four on his ground duels, fouled twice, had one block, a tackle and a dribbled pass for Alexi Midanchuk. That was the numbers for Alexi, highest rated for Atlanta United on the On the night, it was a a five to four to one ish kind of a thing for Chris Armis, Zach stefanin Nett left to right, Murphy Vines, Maksu, Noah Cobb, Reggie Cannon, four in the midfield, Yappie Lauraz Cole Bassett and Calvin Harris, and Rafa Navajo ends up with a perfect ten on sofa score. I cannot remember the last time I've seen a perfect ten on a scoring sheet, and Haav Navajo ends up with that. With the two goals the x x ab at a one point two seven two goals and an assist, two shots on target, one off, one block, five for five on the dribble for Navajo, won the penalty forty six touches twelve to twenty one, passing at fifty seven percent, two key passes, three crosses, all of them connected, one for two on long balls, one big chance created twelve of twenty on his duels, seven to nine on the ground, five of eleven in the air. It was a fouled once and a total tackle for Navajo. A full night for Rafanavajo and he ends up as player of the match with a perfect ten on the night. To answer your question, Emilia, there are times when players are transferred and it is in the it is in the deal that they are not supposed to play against their loaning clube. We see this in tournaments in England. A lot where if or even in matchups in the Premier League where you see folks that are loaned out to another club, but it is in the language of the loan that that player is not supposed to play against his old club. I do not believe, obviously, with Noah playing, that that language was placed in anything involving.
Speaker 2: A loan deal with Atlanta United.
Speaker 1: So it comes down to the wording of the transfer as to whether or not there is going to be a playing exclusivity when you're going up against your old team. So I think it's fair to say that, and I think that I know that. I think Ronnie had mentioned. Ronnie Dialy had mentioned in one of his press conferences that he didn't think Noah was playing, But the verbiage in the deal, my guess is is that it was not anything that excluded him from playing against anyone. So Noah Cobb was in the lineup. And by the way, Noah's numbers.
Speaker 2: On the night.
Speaker 1: Right there second highest on the back line with Sam Vines behind Maksuit at a six point nine ninety minutes, five clears, a block, three tackles, four for four, and his ground duels did not win one in the air fouled once, sixty one touches, forty two to forty eight, passing at eighty eight percent, two for four and long balls. And that was Noah Cobb's night in Commerce City, Colorado. So that was that's what you were looking at with Noah Cobb as a part of that back five for Chris Armis going and a five to one against Atlanda United. So, uh yeah, and I know that that that was a question, Amelia that some folks did have. Is that why? You know, why is why is Noah? Why is Noah playing? I thought he wasn't supposed to those kinds of things. It's in the language of the deal when you make the deal that if there is an exclusion, it's in the in the contract. Apparently there was no such exclusion, and so Noah could play against anybody, let's see. So yeah, and it does make it awkward. I mean it does, and you know it. You know it was what it was. And so Noah playing against his old teammates got a couple of jerseys after the match as well. But obviously the question being this season, and once again this is a loan option for Colorado, does Colorado at the end of the year, come up with something where they want to turn this into a transaction. Noah for Atlanta United, he's under contract through next season with an option year for twenty seven. So that's what to keep an eye on when it comes to Noah Cob and his.
Speaker 2: Future.
Speaker 1: And right now he is making one of the tears. It's not quite rookie men, but he is making right now. He's one hundred nine thousand dollars, so he is a navigable contract figure, even for Colorado. And that's what you are that's what you're staring at with Noah Cob one hundred and nine thousand on the books with Atlanta United, contract through next season with an option year for next and so that's what you were looking at with Atlanta and Colorado and Victor Rivas in the middle. Bark Keeler's coming up in about six minutes to discuss that and a couple of other things and actually give Victor Rivas a compliment.
Speaker 2: And for those that were watching.
Speaker 1: The twos match last night or listening to the twos match last night, it was first forty five seemed to be okay from.
Speaker 2: The middle, and then it was.
Speaker 1: Players getting emotional and then just losing control of the forty five. It was a very un It was a very uneven second forty five up at the fraction last night. Players having to navigated a lot of yellow cards, and I think there were four yellow cards issued in the second thirty minutes. Actually, I don't think there was a yellow card issued until the sixty first. In the second half. You had one on each side in the first half. Toto Maju actually working his way through most of the match with a yellow card, got the early yellow and navigated through it. Twos review once again, we'll have Patrick Waya, we'll have the goal from the that you'll hear in the show and post came from Jose Silva, Patrick Waya and Toto Majou. And so that's what you're, uh, that's what you're staring at, Emilio. Granted me, I just got here. Should I be concerned or is it more the supporting backs? I mean, it's uh, you're trying to get me high integrated. You're trying to get Barack call integrated and trying to figure out, Okay, who works well and with what and with whom, And so I know that you're having to do this on the fly.
Speaker 2: In game state.
Speaker 1: But no, I mean what we've seen from an am high, especially at home, has been someone who has been taking charge at the back. It's been very vocal, been directing traffic a lot. But you will have those moments until everyone is second nature in game state, where you're gonna have communication, you know, misunderstandings and things like that. Barrack Call is one of those physical guys that you bring in and I look at the like I said, I go back to the Montreal matchup to let me know what kind of player one Barra Call is, or basically Prince Owusu, who had been falling down and trying to draw whatever the entire evening basically tried to do the same thing with Barrack Call. A bounces off Barrack Call. Bart Call looks at him and he's like, you know, get up. So barat Call isn't going to take any ish from anybody. I think that's been missing on the back. And then you are looking for integration and so you have it's like this, and this is what Abel was talking about earlier here in the show, is that you have this time left this season. You've brought in Lao a Fonso You've brought in an Amy High, You've brought in one Bara Call, you brought in Steven al Zat. How do these faces integrate with what Ronnie Didla wants to do, and how do they integrate with everybody else around? And how did the guys who are here, how are they coming together with the new guys and so and so that's what that's what you're looking at. So that's uh, that's where and you know Tom is still looking for an explanation on the on the deal with Noah Cobb, and I think that where Noah is concerned what you have done with Atlanta United is and it's not the first time that this has happened, and.
Speaker 2: You have someone who is of.
Speaker 1: Market value and you can get quality in league garber Bucks or however you want to phrase it, and it can help you bring in experienced players. It's not the first time that this has happened where a player has developed for Atlanta United and moved on and helped them out financially to bring in other players. So that's that's kind of where I'm looking at it with Noah, is that I know that you have folks on the back line at the time that were not as marketable. And so if you are trying to bring in resources and bring in players, then at times you do have to look at your roster and look at, Okay, what is who is marketable, who's the most marketable, and what can I get from that? And you look at then you look at someone like Noah, and then Colorado sits there and comes calling, and then you end up with you end up with that transaction with Colorado, so and that and Tom is saying didn't need to bring in an experienced player doing fine should have been a part of the future and a piece to build around. And there is that, you know, there is obviously there is that school of thought. You're not alone in that assessment. So but that comes down to what you as a front office and a staff are looking to build going forward. And if you're trying to win and at the same time build for twenty six, then you're looking at bringing in experienced players to help you out at center back, because, as I have heard from a lot of you all season long, you haven't been happy with the center back pairings, and so you're trying to to change things up at center back, and at times sometimes you have to sacrifice to bring in in a position where you there you have a position of need. So I mean that's like I said, I'm trying to walk through it with you as we're processing it. So uh and and Derek, I know that there are a lot of folks who like Abe an hour number here in this hour have been like we'll play the kids, and we're getting to that. You're seeing that, and you're getting minutes out of Matt, You're getting minutes out of Jay, You're getting minutes out of Will Riley, and it is going to be you know, we got out of JAYD and Hibberto. So it's you're seeing that as well as just there are times when you feel like you have to make a transaction and that just happens to be the one that we're talking about our number two and it is time to bring in Bart Keeler and the soccer for us PO D and the the uh low down dirty cheaters that that are associated with folks in the Premier League. You know, it's Ah, I know that lowdown dirty cheaters have various identities, and I know that Bart has them in files.
Speaker 2: Bart.
Speaker 1: When it comes to your low down dirty cheaters, who well, who is on your list low down dirty theaters across the board.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, first I'm going to do a quick audio check. Do I sound okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah? You sound fine? Yeah, you just sound like that.
Speaker 1: There is no microphone plugged in like normal because unfortunately though, that's because, as you said last time you were on, you were going to be in a different environ and and that is why, uh there is a logo where your face normally is as opposed to your face being where your face normally is.
Speaker 5: That is correct, all right. So the list of low down dirty cheaters, John, it's not very long, but it does mention multiple, multiple clubs that to take advantage of loopholes and possibly make rules that don't exist and only make them apply to them. So obviously we jokingly talked about Charlotte as lowdown dirty teeters. That is obviously more of a reference to the Alabama Tennessee rivalry because that's where we're at in the world of American soccer. But on the list of lowdown dirty tutors incorporated, I think back in twenty twenty one, John, when a certain club became real, and it's the club from South Florida that I think we all are aware of who love to make rules up that only apply to them.
Speaker 2: And and frind.
Speaker 5: Another one that is a little bit older that does fall into the lowdown dirty teeters list is Manchester City. And I don't think I need to explain too harsh harshly why they are on that list, But they love to cheat, They love to hide evidence, they love to litigate until it is no longer affordable for those parties litigating them because they have more money than God himself.
Speaker 1: And you know what, then, aren't they just low down dirty litigators as opposed to low down dirty cheating.
Speaker 5: They cheat and then they litigate because, as we all know in America, you can litigate your way out of wrongdoing if you just continue to litigate. They just feel like they just they just they love to again take advantage of certain rules and or not rules that they can manipulate, just because they have the money to do so. You know, I think that's a good start of the list of people who I just viscerally react to being cheaters. But you know that said, I would like for my clubs to maybe take a little bit more advantage of the gray areas and the laws of the game and the rules that leagues.
Speaker 1: Yes, and so you know you're bringing folks that wish to not take any issh from anybody, and uh, you know you can kind of straddle the line as best as best as humanly possible and and not get any cards. So you're not a part of this segment. You discuss things on Mondays.
Speaker 5: So oh and LCSTA.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, I could I get an.
Speaker 5: Actual player on the list and I think, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Can definitely see what you're what you're chasing there as well when it comes to Lucco.
Speaker 2: Uh okay.
Speaker 1: So there were a couple of moments in cards and calls before we get into week one, Weekend one of the Premier League which ends later today for Monday Night football with Leeds in Everton.
Speaker 2: Uh, there were obviously everyone.
Speaker 5: Wants to see on Monday night football Buffalo versus Cleveland.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well the folks in the northeast will and that might be your audience. There was there was a play in in the Premier League that really raised a lot of the collec active eyebrow.
Speaker 2: And it is a literally.
Speaker 1: It is a rule if I'm not mistaken, that is six years old that really isn't talked about a lot, and it ended up making its making its way in the goal is draw with Chelsea and Crystal Palace. And so here's what happened, was this Asa scores in the thirteenth minute while he's still wearing Crystal Palace jersey. Because there are conversations with other clubs. We'll get into that and bit so he shoots the ball, gets it into that past Sanchez, but Var identifies an infringement in the wall, sends a note to the center reth to go to the pitch side monitor and so the goal, after review is wiped off the board. And what the deal is, apparently is back in twenty nineteen when the law was changed to state attackers have to be a meter away.
Speaker 2: What it's a meter two point two.
Speaker 5: Feet a big step.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it's a big step from so all right, so let me get this straight. So back in twenty nineteen, so six years ago, law was changed to state attackers must be at least one meter away, so a step from a defensive wall of three or more players.
Speaker 5: Correct. What, Yeah, So this is I don't want to say little known because I think referees are aware of it, but I think a lot of fans wouldn't necessarily see this as something that greatly changed, right. I think we still see in a lot of setups that wall construction from an offensive standpoint, that is, yes, it's a meter away, but it's still there. So I think what people are confused by is just because they're not really looking at this as part of the ceremonial free kick procedure, because they just see it as, oh, they set up the wall. But yeah, so if you have a wall of more than three players three to then the attacking team needs to be at least a meter away from that wall.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 5: I don't have a great answer as to why this modification was made to the laws of the game, my best guess, and I think the way that it was kind of interpreted was a little bit for one or two things. One is a safety issue, you know, obviously putting more people in the wall leads to possibly more people getting hurt. But also because this was kind of a way to remove any hands the play on both sides.
Speaker 2: I was going to say, I was going to say Shenanigans, but yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, shenanigans of any sort right on from both sides, which John we saw in this free kick, and I do think that is one of the reasons why this particular free kick was called back. Also because maybe Chelsea doing a little bit of getting some love from referees and leagues that you know, they may have bon paid for. But this was a incident. I think that you're not gonna this incident is why we try to take that hole. You need to have a yard away from the wall because the Crystal Palace attacker just bulldoze as a Chelsea player into the wall and you know, does affect the wall. So the reason why I think this var review was triggered was because of the gross infringement upon not just this law of the game, but also because it greatly interfered with the result of this free kick.
Speaker 1: And there is a still that is up in Traditionally, what we do is we use the Dale Johnson column for stuff overseas, and if there's anything in Major League Soccer then we'll reference it here from our own research.
Speaker 2: But there's a still where you got a lot of folks.
Speaker 1: That are on the ground in January, and this is still from a January moment with Bournemouth and Chelsea, and so you Hadku Carella. Sorry Cookrea Now Koukorea into the wall right up against the born with players, which gives Reese James an opening, and it wasn't ruled out as Ku Korea moves into some meno and the goal stood because Kokorea's actions did not impact the goal as James's shot goes opposite corner, so it goes away from the play. Ku coreas slamming into the wall is given the okie doke. But what happened with Esse is said, No, that violates this rule and it is reviewable. The space away from as it is is laid out. The position of an attacking player close to the wall is reviewable. And that's what I'm sure that folks were trying to navigate and go, well, well but but but but but but that's the key is that the position of an attacking player close to the wall when it comes to restarts and such restarts can't be reviewed. But encroachment isn't a restart offense. And so it's.
Speaker 5: So basically that is kind of what they're saying. And I would say that if you had a player in the defensive wall who maybe took a step or five forward, you know, because that happens very often, and the referee didn't catch it. I would hope this is something that we can now put underneath that encroachment kind of idea. But also again I think what needs to be reminded is that the Premier League has different var standards and interpretations and you know, policies than other leagues have. I think we've talked about that almost ad nauseum on the show where because you know, the Premier League obviously knows better than anyone else who has ever decided to game. They have very different standards and levels of involvement that they kind of keep compared to others. They're the surround the world.
Speaker 1: And later down further in the column, there is a still of the moment of impact or just before the moment of impact and the setup where you have in front of Mark Gayhey, you have four Chelsea players and one laying down. I'm still team no man behind the wall. I mean just like look, stand up and give your keeper room to move. So you have four players in front of Gayhe directly, and then you have Chelsea Palace, Chelsea Palace and then Chelsea and so like literally it is it's two and two and then a third La Palace player behind but the interaction of the Chelsea Palace. Chelsea Palace is where the issue was with Esa and Gayhee and the players from Chelsea. So it's in that interaction of the second wall off to the side, not directly in front of the net, is what they're correct.
Speaker 2: Man, that.
Speaker 5: It impacted the result of the game. Which is why I think it is getting so much attention, John, because obviously if that goal stands, you know, granted, I think Jason Longshore would take me to task for saying that is the reason that the game did draw us or scoreless. But you know, you look at that moment Crystal Palace scores, they're up one nil. The game ended nil no, John, So you know there is a logical conclusion that that did cause Crystal Palace to lose out on two extra points.
Speaker 8: M hm.
Speaker 1: And so we'll keep an eye on those. We'll keep an eye on those two points as we go.
Speaker 5: Jason, I did not say that. I did not say the reference the outcome of the game. I didn't say that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we'll keep an eye. We'll keep an eye on that. But yeah, it was just a six year old rule that kind of reared its head. You're kind of going wait what uh yeah, and again.
Speaker 5: John, because it's part of that setting up the wall what we call ceremonial free kick, which is, you know, say this is where the ball is. You draw the little white circle with the vanishing spreare, you go, okay, everyone, we're playing on my whistle. You tell the kicker don't do anything until I blow my whistle, and then you go okay, let's step it off. And you do the ten yards and you say while you're here, and you go, no wall I mean here, no wall I mean here, and then you go, okay, the wall is there, and then you gotta go set up everything. It just doesn't feel like a separate action because it is involved in all of that setup.
Speaker 1: Item number two Liverpool and Bournemouth. The possible red for Marcus Sinesi.
Speaker 2: Boy, yeah.
Speaker 1: This was early on Liverpool thirteenth minute. So Sinesse basically intercepts the pass and it looks like he commits a handball that keeps the striker from running through on goal a salat as most Slaw is trying to play to Ektk, so ref doesn't spot it issues a handball uh to Liverpool's Cody gakpo Var goes back to red for dog so on Sinesse and and we'll get to the gag poll later. But there's a still it's posted from Getty where Sinessei literally looks like he's trying to go just full blown volleyball dig and keep it away from a on the through ball. So what happened here?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well, john I don't know. I think the best explanation that Dale Johnson puts in his article, and this has to be the only explanation, is that the var in this situation was so focused on the initial handball. When that ball is played through the fender, it comes he tries to control it with his thigh with the upper leg. It hits the upper leg and then it bounces up and hits a non playable part of the arm. But in this case, we do allow that as a natural thing that happens while playing soccer. Unfortunately, despite these players getting paid buckets of money, sometimes they don't control everything perfectly and the ball's going to maybe ricochet up into their arm and that's not supposed to be deemed a handball despite it being a very advantageous situation. So I think the best explanation is VR was looking at that and then didn't look at the fact that the player clearly tries to reach out and like a cat swatting a toy, tries to knock the ball away, and that I think the problem also is that the that action isn't seeing what like, you can't see that it actually touched the ball with a naked eye, So that wasn't initially said, oh we need to review that too. Does that make sense?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, but then you get into the whole Then you get into the whole thing of well, all right, so is var trying to hyper manage this because if you don't see the initial contact at real speed, then you're having then you're going back and you're sitting there and you're trying to do you know, frame by frame analysis of the whole thing and sit there and go, oh, there was your moment as well.
Speaker 5: And that's what I do have a problem with this is that this was a moment of itself. Is that, like all of this was a not a singular moment, but was a moment right, Yes, there was a singular moment of the miscontrolled ball that then goes off of the arm. Okay, we settle that, but then that was not the end of this phase and play right, there is a whole other thing where you know, the defender tries to stop the ball again, and that because you could clearly see, in my opinion anyway on the live action and even on the initial replay, the players tries to slap the ball. I don't think I'm crazy there, John, I mean it looks like it looked like what he was trying to do in live action.
Speaker 2: But just because but then let me get into intent here.
Speaker 1: But just so just say that just because you try to take a swipe at your correct correct your fish on a hook and you miss, does that mean that you should still be penalized for trying to play with the fish at the end of the hook?
Speaker 5: Right? So again, I think it was missed, not because he didn't touch it. I think that's the problem is when you look at it, he makes contact with the ball in this scenario, right, you can, in my opinion, you can see a change of direction or a change of spin on the ball. It may not be super it may not be super obvious or or changed drastically, but you could see. So that's that's kind of my point, John, is like you could see him attempt to do it. So, yes, you should check that because in this situation it's it would be in my opinion, a dog's the red card. Certainly for this scenario being handball this, it's going to be a red card.
Speaker 1: What about having it literally at the halfway line?
Speaker 2: I mean, that's that's not well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but in this scenario, John, again the four d's of dogs, so distance, direction, defenders, and then direction a Distancecuse me, we're all kind of met right, Like the distance to goal at this scenario, Yes, I understand it's halfway, but then you look at Okay, well he's not like super close, but the distance that the player would have been to the ball would have been pretty I mean that's why the player tried to swap the ball away, because the attacker would have been able to control the balls within a playable distance for sure. There are no other defenders past this. The direction of play is very much headed toward goal, and in this scenario, John, despite what I'm sure Liverpool fans may think of Cody Kappo's finishing abilities, this is an obvious goal scoring opportunity with a player of a professional level getting the ball up midfield with no one behind, no other defenders between him and the goal. Does that make sense?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's.
Speaker 5: An obvious goal scoring opportunity. It's what should have happened on that fateful night in Nashville back in twenty twenty. But their MLS referees socided that Nashville deserves some credit there. And I will never not forgive anything about that night and will continue to say that that was that's where it all went wrong. It would agree with me, I'm sure, but this is definitely a red a red car jobs situation because while I agree we're not like two meters from goal, you have to ask yourself, well, is this distance right? With all the other factors, this distance is still an obvious goal scoring opportunity. That's the obvious opportunity he will score because I mean, look, he could very he could very well take a touch, take another touch, and his touch is terrible and it goes right to the goalkeeper. But there are still an obvious goal scoring opportunity. I mean, Tristan Miyamba had an obvious goal scoring opportunity. That doesn't mean that it's going.
Speaker 1: To result in the goal, right, So now I have a philosophical question. After you give your flowers since the heart.
Speaker 5: Oh the way, John, I have one more from early thing I got just where we're still we're still there.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: These referee uniforms Sean are hideous. They are terrible. Not only do the shirts look like they came out there and there. I've already started sweating, which we know is impossible at England because it never gets above sixty nine degrees correct, but it also the shorts with the white stripes down the side. Every American referee right now is screaming because those look like the shorts we are told never ever, ever, ever ever wear, John, unless you are the fourteen year old kid who's in his first ever time refereeing because he's wearing his player shorts and hey, we're just happy you're here. They look so unprofessional and I won't even get into the fit. They don't look like they fit the referee as well. They got water splashes on them. What is going on? They got the running like reflective parts around the shoulders. I mean, Puma is a disgrace. Right now, this is terrible.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, nothing like trying to make your your your your center f stand out even more.
Speaker 5: Oh my goodness, They're bad John, They're bad. They're bad. They're bad, They're bad.
Speaker 1: Uh, you wanted to hand out some flowers? And as I mentioned when I was doing the introduction to the show, this has traditionally been a segment where we want to be critical because we want the game to grow. But this is the first time, I think, in cards and calls and roughing down here where we have actually given check marks and checkpluses and silver stars at the top of the test. I mean, what the heck happen in here?
Speaker 5: So, first off, unfortunately this goes against our beloved Atlanta United, but the third goal that Colorado scores is a great example of a referee doing both a wait and see and advantage scenario. Right. I think it's fair to say that was that Mehai who?
Speaker 2: Or was that Bara call?
Speaker 5: Who fouls the Colorado attacker coming into the boxom ball? Yeah, it very much looks like it's a foul, even to the point where maybe not clear clear cut. But as a referee, what the what victory Buss does here is he goes, oh, that is an action that I need to be aware of. I don't know if he thought it was a foul or not. We don't know. For sure, but he then saw that ball after that contact go directly to an attacking player inside the penalty area in a very advantageous situation. So he waited and saw and waited to see what happened. Eventually ends up calling like not fully playing advantage because that's not what we have to do here, but he lets the advantage play out. He says, oh, Colorado is still in an attacking phase here. They still have possession of the ball, they're still within the penalty area, and obviously Colorado and scores. And look, we can all hate on Brad Buzan when that time comes. But caught everyone by surprise. I think is fair to say this was a very good piece of refereeing when it comes to the wait and see approach, just going I think I saw something. Let's see how this plays out, or let's see what happens here. But he said, okay, well I'm not gonna just blow the whistle because that's all found. Allow the ball to run. Sees that there's an advantage. Obviously that advantage ends in a goal, and that's that's good refereeing and a great example of why as soccer referees we don't run around with the whistle in our mouth. In basketball, that's a foul rights fou In soccer we get to go all out of it. So my philosophy partly against our irish.
Speaker 2: Yes, beloved, Yes.
Speaker 1: So my question for you philosophically this morning is how difficult is it to be consistent over ninety minutes on the norm because you could have a you could have a match be what you navigate and everything is fine, and you have you've set your boundaries and you've set your pacing, and everybody knows what to expect. And then if in the second forty five emotions get heated and your emotions as center f get elevated in that, and you get kind of caught up in that instead of trying to navigate the pacing that you set in the first forty five, how difficult is it to stay within yourself and the parameters that you have set in a match? Just in general, just in general terms, how difficult is it to stay consistent and level headed over a ninety minute period with your philosophy that you see that you set up in a.
Speaker 5: Man Well, I think there are two different things, John, and I'm gonna say that you shouldn't be consistent throughout ninety minutes because the match is going to change. Therefore, you're going to have to change your approach. Right, as you just said, first forty five minutes, everyone's friends. They're making flower crowns, they're holding hands, they're having a great time. Something happens at the locker room and half time and all of a sudden they come out and now they're saying, well, somehow they brought a knife to a gunfight, and some dudes got an AK forty seven to the other side, and one dude's over there, you know, launching Handgrid aids, well, yeah, we got to change our approach. So consistency though about our mindset, about our level headedness. I get what you're saying, But at the same time, I can't be levelheaded when guys are launching nukes at each other. We need to say whoa whoa, whoa, whoa whoa. Now, you are supposed to be an independent mediator. You're supposed to be a fair adjudicator, and that's what you have to keep that mindset of. I'm here to make sure this game is played in a fair manner, fair and safe. That's our goal, right Obviously, you know if you want to be level headed, you want to be neutral, what you want to be calm, cool, collected, and that that is the goal. But even still, you can't always be calm, cool, collected when major incidents break out because you kind of need to raise your energy level to match what's going on. Otherwise these guys are going to run the match themselves. And so I get what you're trying to ask, but the reality is no match is played under perfect conditions, right it ninety three degrees in one hundred million percent humidity, or you know, we've got the two biggest rivals in the world going off against each other, and we know that someone's about to throw a punch from the first time we you know, blow whistle, right, you have to be aware of what's going around this. So I would just say that you need to be aware, you need to be proactive, and you need to be fair. Again, we want fair and safe game. So I get what you're trying to ask, But again, if your goal is to be fair and safe, then I think the consistency will be there because you are still trying to call a game in a way that it needs to be called. But I mean again, over ninety minutes. It's really tough. And in fact, I worked with a referee, Naint Brian is really good referee. I've learned a lot from him and he always said, there's three phases of a match. There's setting the tempo, and then there's adjusting the tempo, and then there's maintaining the tempo. So you want to come out there in the first third of the match, maybe not third, but maybe ten minutes right and go depending on how long your match is. Yeah, okay, this is the match I want to see call we're gonna do this. We're gonna do this. Okay. Well, within i've been this, you may realize, oh, these guys aren't playing the way that I want to play that I want to see them play. And that happens a lot of times, and they're especially at my level. I'll use that because I think it allows for a little bit more variance. Unfortunately, every U fourteen match is not going to play out the same. It's just not. Sometimes they come out and the guys are especially the guys the girls because they are mature people. At that point. The guys come out and you know, there they forget that the goal of the day is to play soccer, and you know, there's things that are going on, like they're using their hands too much, they're you know, they're not really focused on when me win the ball. They're focused about running the guy over. And I got to go, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. That's not what we're here to play soccer. We're here to play soccer. We're not here to try to play bumper cards. Right. And So while I may come into the match saying this is what I want to see. I want to be on this and this and this, five ten minutes into the match and I go oof, all right, I got to adjust my perspective, my tempo, my control. And again it's adjusting to what the match is going. I may need to go a little harder. I maybe be a little softer, you know, I make it just need to go, well, this is how they want to play. So I got to adjust and say, well, if that's how they're going to do it and they're fine with it, then they're fine with it. That's that's what they want to do. Where am I going? Well, it seems like you know, we're causing problems. There's safety issues. I need to be a little more proactive and calling foul. So that's kind of that middle I don't want to say third, but like the third phase with them or the second phase of the matches to say that middle third. Yeah, and then you have at the end you're either maintaining your tempo or you're tightening it, depending on what the match wants out of you. So ideally you've set that standard and you go, this is what we're doing. Now, we've got it all. We're going to keep it the rest of the match. Again, sometimes it doesn't happen, but you want to just maintain your control over the match then, and it's hard. Those last ten minutes are tough, John, because you're a little tired. You've been running around for ninety minutes. Some dudes pissed off because the other dude did something or said something about his mom, you know, twenty five minutes ago, and that's still in the back of the mind. It's hard. And so consistency again is more about being fair and safe, not about the call from the first minute as the same as the call from the ninetieth minute.
Speaker 1: How hard is it to be consistent within the rhythm of a match with the personality that the match has and you're as a ref adjusting to it. Because there are matches where you know, first forty five your everything's everything's there, everything's managed, everyone knows the pacing, you know, the pacing is a center ref and then the game kind of gets away from you. How hard is it to once you've once a ref has lost control of a match emotionally what have you? How difficult is it for that ref to reclaim and get back under control or once a match is gone, are you chasing at that point?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I mean again, that's why we try to think of it as Okay, how do I respond to what's going on? Because you're right, it's it's hard to maintain full control. It's hard to I spent Again, these guys out there at the professional level, John are making a lot more money than the referees are. And while the referees, I will say, are mostly in very good shape, they're not training two hours a day plus then fitness training every day to you know, be the most elite athlete in the world. And I'm sure they're tracking their diet, but they're probably not. They probably don't have a team dietician preparing them breakfast lunch and dinner every day. So you know, when you're out there running around keeping up with all these guys, it is hard because you may not feel the match getting out of hand the way that we on TV might see it. It is so when you're right there in the think of it, sometimes you go, I feel good when you're talking about I'm keeping up at the pace of play. You know, I feel like I'm talking to the players decently. You know, yeah they're a little disrespectful, and yeah there's some fouls flying, but like you may not see it the way that on TV we see it. So I think that's kind of the problem is sometimes you're in there and you're going, I don't know, it feels fine to me. But also I think one of the things that referees need to do better at. And I think one of the things that some of the best referees that we've seen have is they have a personality and they know who they are. They're not changing that necessarily. Now you may alter it again when we are people in a workplace. Okay, you know, John, you're you know who your personality is. You know how you act, how you talk, how you does you would like to say that's going to be the same, right every time you every day you show up to work. Sometimes though it doesn't right, I mean it just and so you have to be a little bit reactive to the people you're working with. But the number one thing I try to tell player or young referees is be confident in yourself. Be confident in who you are, and just you just have to be yourself out there. Because my way of controlling the match is how I control the match. I cannot control the match like John Freeman.
Speaker 2: Not you.
Speaker 5: John Freeman control the match. We're We're two different people. I can't control the match the way but a little bit I do like Philip does. I won't argue with that.
Speaker 2: However, I like the style.
Speaker 5: But Philip Dosh and I aren't have the same referee. We're not going to have the same approach. So you just have to be confident in who you are and you have to really dig into those interpersonal you know, interpersonal communicatkills. But hopefully you've developed to lean on those to help mitigate any problems. But it is hard John, because again sometimes we don't see that it's a little out of hand because you're like, what are you talking about. I think if I feel fine, but I'm good. Yeah, And unfortunately sometimes it's just isn't.
Speaker 2: And that's kind of what I was getting into.
Speaker 1: So what's the latest with soccer for USPOD and what else is going on in the soccer for USPOD verse.
Speaker 5: Well, our goal obviously, I'm traveling today, John, I'll be flying out of Raleigh nice airport by the way. I don't know if you've flown in here recently, very nice airport. I'll be flying home tonight. And so I think our goals can record either tomorrow or Wednesday. And well, yes, the European leagues have kind of started. We are looking at key players US M and T players and how their European season needs to be. You know, look, we had a World Cup at home coming up at the end of next year or the end of this upcoming season, you say, And our goal is to try to look at these players and say, Okay, what do they need to do to make the US M and T more competitive come next summer, which John might be tough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll give it a shot. As always.
Speaker 1: Uh, hopefully you've enjoyed your time up there in the research triangle and just.
Speaker 5: A lot of research, John, I feel like much smarter. Somehow just being close to Duke and UNC have made me a supremely more cocky person. I don't know how that works out with these two programs.
Speaker 2: Just kind of rubs off on everybody.
Speaker 5: So no shade, no shade. But you know, I did go to school here, and I know how those two fan bases love to act.
Speaker 1: Yes, and I figured you would be adding Pit to your list of low down, dirty cheaters.
Speaker 2: But that's just great.
Speaker 5: Well they're just low down and dirty. They don't have to cheat, they're just they're despicable.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 5: They're in that Orlando category.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, it is a fault when it comes to Pitt. Just be safe getting home. My friend will catch up with you next time. And when you're back.
Speaker 5: All right, y'all, have a wonderful Monday.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: There goes Bart bart Keeler from the soccer for US PO D And it is listen like subscribe buy the man of coffee all the things, and he is our voice of national team stuff. He's our voice of everything going on when it comes to cards and calls and what folks might be looking at in certain situations and all of all of that. So that's the that's the larger point that we like to get across in all of these discussions that we have on a weekly basis of Okay, what are they seeing, what are they processing?
Speaker 2: What's the rule?
Speaker 1: And how is it being reinforced, implemented, projected all of those things. So that's why we we walk through calls that we sit there and we go, oh, hey, what about this? And then you get a quirk like we had with the law from twenty nineteen about proximity to walls with players and things, and so it's just stuff that we need to be reminded about on a weekly basis where okay, refs handle things in certain ways and manners, and it's like, okay, so what was that ref seeing there?
Speaker 2: What was they what were they seeing there? All of that.
Speaker 1: So it's just to kind of look at it as almost like a defensive driving course when it comes to everything that we see involving the folks with the whistles and the cards on a weekly basis and so, well, what did they see here?
Speaker 2: What do we need to see here? That kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: So that's why we have enlisted Bart to kind of walk us through these things every single week and agree, disagree, what have you. That's kind of where we are with all of this. So let's say hid everybody. Let's say hid everybody and go through the rest of the promos and all the things that you need to know to help out, and we have our moment of cool also here this morning to catch you up on from the weekend. Morning Alex, Morning, David, Morning Derek, Morning Abby, Abby is packing the Abstromobile to come backwards cooler. Welcome back, Abby, and Roper and Ropes, Good morning, morning Loakville, Morning, Abbe, Morning Alex, Morning four card and let's see morning Emilia, Morning David, and thank you once again for reinforcing the fact that I'm a klutz. Let's see, I'm trying to see who else we might have heard. Oh yes, Jay Lesniak once again, Good morning, Ja Lesnick. Do not be a stranger and tell everybody that we're here. Derek, absolutely true on shaving down here. It's the SDH network. Absolutely true. Morning Tom, Welcome back, and Tom with the public service announcement. Second goal by Espanol over Atlette, Thiago and Johnny Cardoso, and the winner was a massive awesome header, so keep an eye on that, and especially on Johnny too shoots where Bart comes into play Morning Wiley. Let's see who else is here that I might not have mentioned earlier. I think that's everybody. I think that is everybody. And here's the public service by Tom by the way to go and watch the goal. It's over at the four letter, and you can go and be caught up on Espanol and Atletico de Madrid and some guy named Tiago Almado, so other things that are a part of the SDH universe. Once again, you go to Olivi, New York and get our first ever jersey, big floppy collar, Navy and Kaiser Permanente. We could not do a lot of what we do here without them. They're on the front of the jersey and you can either have your personalization in white or with the Navy. You can do it in a lighter blue, the Columbia blue, the Double blue, the Rgo blue, tar Heel blue, whatever you want to call it. Personalizations up to you catch up with Alex and being figure out which one might be best for you, or you could be I think like a lot of folks and just gone ahead and purchase both helps out our Soccer for Good campaign and you get to see how it fits with Greg Garza on his Instagram account beyond goals entering on one sleeve, Soccer for Good on the other, and you have Maddy and Sophia and Greg modeling the jersey.
Speaker 2: So there is that.
Speaker 1: You can be a Fanati coat for ten bucks a year and what can you do for ten bucks a year? You really can help out folks and you get a lot of cool discounts. You get to be a part of our Finatico's program and with that you get a lot of cool discounts, and that is also part of our Soccer for Good campaign. By being a Finati Coo, it gets you into the Chant app and you can hang out with a lot of other fellow fans and be a part of everything in that universe. And I think I misspelled down down here slash join. I think I got that right. So there we go, at length united. There it is our Finati Coo soccer dot chant dot fan slash soccer down here, slash join and.
Speaker 2: Let's see.
Speaker 1: So let me see if I can dial up the chant app and have it behave there we go. So there's the Chant app in all of its glory right there. For those on the video side of things, You get all of your notations, you get all your discounts, a lot of cool places, and we're adding more to help be a part of everything and once again helps out our.
Speaker 2: Soccer for Good campaign here in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Uh, that is kind of what we're staring at with that, so once again soccer dot soccer dot chant dot fan slash soccer down here. No, it's group dot chant dot fan. Sorry, my bad, let me pull that back hang out. Uh do I have an edit crap group dot chant dot fan. I knew this is Monday morning group dot chant dot fan slash soccer down here slash join. Sorry, group dot chant dot fan. Because it's whatever group it is. It's not just soccer.
Speaker 2: It's group.
Speaker 1: It is a soccer group, but it's grop dout chant dot fan slash soccer down here slash joint. So ten bucks a year, a lot of cool discounts, a lot of the breweries that we have great relationships with, Lloyd's Soccer Shop on selected Atlanta United Gear Catering up in outside of Northeast Atlanta, up in Gwennette County, and such. You've got Chateau R and L in Costa Rica. You got a discount, you get a code. If you're a Finati co and you want to go spend some time at Chateau R and L in Costa Rica, you can do that there as well. I'm trying to think of the like pubs in the Moxie Hotel. You get drinking food discounts, those kinds of things. Once again helps out our Soccer for Good campaign here in twenty twenty five, Grady Baby, Grady Baby Coke. You can get the T shirt, you can get the sweatshirt. It is red, it is black, it is Golden bossed lettering that says soccer is just better in Atlanta. That is a program that we have that helps out middle school soccer programs attached to the Atlanta Public school system.
Speaker 2: When you get your Grady Baby gear soccer at the.
Speaker 1: STAH network logo on one cuff, Grady Baby logo on the other off once again red and black. I have to wear the red stuff because the boss cannot, and so she pawns it off as garn it even though it isn't. So yeah, she cannot wear red, she tells me it's garnet. I sit there and go okay, and then I wear the red stuff. So you can get to T shirts, sweatshirts. Soccer is just better in Atlanta from our friends at Gradybaby and Gradybaby Coat. You can go to Soccer down here dot net and you can get all of our gear, by the way, and you can get the hats and the T shirts, and the stickers and the it's in koozies and the Turvice tumblers but like the warm coffee keepers, you can get those. And you can also get gear from the Attack and the Ruckus that Jason has retrified and you can help out there once again. You can get the gear you show us off and everybody shows off your support for the SDH network by doing it there as well. Soccer down here dot net you can go to the shop and you can get all of our stuff there. Let's see what else? What else have I missed? Oh a finants FNTZ dot co slash Soccer down here. You get to find out what's going on in the world of our buddy in the notaras at gold TV Lega one LEGA one Max Pro, you get to see Santi Sosa in the LPF. At Rossing you get to see Luisa Brommet Sporting Christall. You get to see a lot of the activity in South America and Central America, all the b NS which gets you into Afcon, and it is Tigo Sports and Canal for and a lot of other things there that are attached to that.
Speaker 2: And you can let me see if I can get it right.
Speaker 1: All the b NS, cdo newest Telle for the fans, Lega one LEGA one Max Pro Goal, TV Goal TV N Espanol, Tigo Sports, Canal for CATV.
Speaker 2: I think that's just the start.
Speaker 1: I know I'm missing somebody, but those are the great places that you can go and continue to add to your degenerative viewing habits. When it comes to soccer at Finates, at FNTZ dot co slash Soccer down here, well, South America going full board, you've got Sud Americana, You've got Libertadors. You can watch those as well. It's added packages that are part of it. They've added TVV recently, so you can get that attached to what's going on in Colombia, and a lot of stuff at Finates and so literally I camp out there on the weekends, you go from what happens in Europe, you work your way over here to the Americas, and so it just kind of comes full circle. But you help out the network, you help out finates, and you help out yourself as well with all the viewing that you have going on. Once again, FNTZ dot co slash Soccer down here and I'm trying to think, is there any place else that I have missed? Oh, yes, there is one place that I have missed, but I have missed it on purpose because we had a really cool moment on the weekend. And for those of you that might have followed along on our social media, here's my travel schedule. So we had this is where it all kind of blends together with American high school football and soccer right now. So it's like it between now and the end of October, early November, or whenever the championship is.
Speaker 2: It is a mix of both of those sports here in one place.
Speaker 1: So we had our first stream game of the year at GPB on Friday night. It was a downpour, so the game got pushed back because of all the thunder and lightning two hours and it was done in like two and a half so the game's over at midnight Lambert and Mill Creek. So I'm leaving Mill Creek, which is north of the Mall of Georgia up eighty five and I drive to a hotel that traditionally stay at in just south of Chattanooga because I was taking the first flight out of Chattanooga to go to Northwest Arkansas for the Outrigger Challenge Cup involving Turks and kikos Us Virgin Islands, Ozark United U nineteen's and our friends from the Marshall Island. So get to the hotel about two, fall asleep, about two thirty, alarm goes off at four. I did not lose my ring this time, David, it's upstairs in the holding bin when the show is over and I'm walking out the door. Did not lose my ring this time, and so ninety minute nap, head to the airport, check in before the sun's rising. Leave Chattanooga, fly down to Hartsfield, layover, turn around about an hour and a half, and then.
Speaker 2: Fly out to Northwest Arkansas.
Speaker 1: Was there Saturday for the second match for the Marshall Islands and you can read the ride up at Soccerdown here dot net.
Speaker 2: We've got postgame from the match.
Speaker 1: In and of itself, it was a back and forth three to two match with Turks and Caicos and the Marshall Islands folks really showed what they have been able to piece together in a very short period of time. Thursday night they lose to the US Virgin Islands four nil in Springdale, Arkansas. Saturday afternoon they come back, they're down to nil and you're thinking, Okay, is it going to be kind of the same thing. The answer is no. Here's the call of a piece of history from Springdale, Arkansas, from the weekend and thanks to our friends at spideo and our friends at RM I.
Speaker 9: Broken whip up here you will instead square it back for editor. A little bit of possession here for the marshal Lease feel a nice turn, pat feeling able to open up a little bit of space plant and laying it off along the left back of coast Josiah planted.
Speaker 4: Coldie of Marshalists.
Speaker 5: Magic, Hello less a golfer.
Speaker 9: The Marshall Islands, A go for all the Marshall Islands.
Speaker 4: And it's two one and a twenty seventh minute.
Speaker 1: So it gets the two to one at that point and then it was the speed of the Turks and Cakos as a club.
Speaker 2: Literally what they want to do.
Speaker 1: They want to press in their attacking half, they want to create short fields, they want to get around you, they want to shoot. Turks and Cakos did the same thing. Three goals in transition. They're up three to one. Then second half goal is scored three to two, and literally the last fifteen twenty minutes was Turks and Kkos hanging on. Marshall Islands lose three to two to the Turks and Caicos. Our friend John Arnold over at getting conca caffed and when he watched the match, he saw the Marshall Islands play in this their second match ever, and he said, look their teams in Group C in concor Cab Nations League they could hang with right now. And you had a really close match the second time around. And so now it's what you do with the momentum that you have. And so you can listen to the post match. We got post match from a lot of different folks. The three man brain trust behind the coaching and all the marketing and everything. It's Lloyd Oers, it is Matt Webb, it's justin Justin Wally. Then that you hear from them, you have to hear from one of the moms who had twins playing on the team, And it was a really cool experience to see history the way that it was this past weekend. So that is one of the things that is really cool about the sport and how it grows. And so now it is up to and they've even gotten their first ever ranking after two matches.
Speaker 2: They're like in the two thirties.
Speaker 1: So what they're ranked, and you had that moment for them, Now, how do you carry it forward? I guess now they continue talks with Oceana and find out what's going on. Hey, what's the how do we get certified? How what do we need to make sure that we get a check mark from you?
Speaker 2: Or shoot?
Speaker 1: Even Honka caff considering that, you know, as Greenland was trying to get into Conca Calf because nobody in Europe wants to pay attention to him. And I think Conca CAF is missing a great opportunity here by the way, that with the concentration of Marshally's population that is there in northwest Arkansas, eastern Oklahoma and in that section of the United States. Second largest concentration of Marsha Lee's person of population short of the island chain itself, is right there, so it makes sense to apply to a victim Montaliani and to Oceania as well.
Speaker 2: So Oceania, CONCA, CAF heads up.
Speaker 1: That's the next step and trying to figure that out and how to continue this momentum over the next year when it comes to what you're seeing from them, And they made that point to the players after the match as well. But got to Spring del Arkansas in time to see that, came back yesterday and got back to Kennesaw just in time to see the twos, and it was a matchup against Crown Legacy where it was massively important for the Twos to keep the beat so they could stay in the playoff hunt. Match was back and forth and it was chippy at points, and you had folks that were going in.
Speaker 2: There was a lot of hard tackles.
Speaker 1: Of course, it's Atlanta and Charlotte, it's the twos in Crown Legacy, not really a surprise.
Speaker 2: So you get to.
Speaker 1: The eighty third minute, here's what happened at the fraction last night. Here on the SDH network, Maddie and Jason on the.
Speaker 8: Call played long, tried to be settled by Berchiemus, but eventually taken away. Cooper Sanchez, good ball from Cooper to find We say, we say.
Speaker 2: Edge of the eighteen into the eighteen, cut back to.
Speaker 6: We are go go go, Lenda United two Cooper Sanchez, Gabriel.
Speaker 8: We say, Patrick Welea one nil.
Speaker 10: Patrick Wea doing the little dans after that one, and as he should.
Speaker 2: The build up to that is perfect.
Speaker 10: It's Majoub who's able to help help Sanchez get the opportunity. Sanchez sees that, Pat sees that. Gabriel, we says, making the run in. It's a beautiful ball from Sanchez, and then we say that connection between him and Patrick Guia, that's something that extends off of the field. It comes into full tuition here on the field, and it's a perfectly placed ball to Patrick Weia makes it one nill for Atlanta United.
Speaker 8: The ball from Cooper Sanchez was brilliant to jumpstart the attack.
Speaker 2: And you mentioned the connection with we say and Wea.
Speaker 8: We say got into the eighteen, got his head up and Wea had pulled off of the two center backs, and we say knew exactly where he was going cut back to him inside of the right foot. Patrick Wia gives it Landy United to the one nil lead in the seventy ninth minute.
Speaker 1: And they hang on from there once again, a big win for Atlanta United two to keep the beat in the Eastern Conference. And just so you know where things stand in the East with the twos right now in in the Eastern Conference. The race to get in in the Eastern Conference is what we're looking at when it comes to the tail end here the season, uh twos reveal be up here in just a little bit. Once we go off the air, we'll piece it together. You'll hear post from Toto Manju Patrick Willa, you'll hear the highlights, you'll get standings and all of that. So here's how it here's how it lays out right now in the Eastern Conference for MLS Next Pro next matchup for at Landy United two by the way in Osciola Heritage Park taking on OCB Saturday night. And so we'll have that one for you on the work as well. So here's the Eastern Conference, just so you know where things are in the East. Red Bulls two two points higher than Huntsville City Football Club. Huntsville City is coming here at the end of the month. They're here on the thirtieth, So Atlanta first team is in Nashville, same time, earlier start time. It'll be the start of the second half, I think when Atlanta United two is taking on Huntsville City when the first team starts in Nashville. So you've got that going on on the thirtieth. By the way, So Red Bulls two two points clear of Huntsville City Football Club. Hunt City's got a match in hand, Union two at forty two, fire To at forty one, revs To at thirty eight, same number of wins as Chattanooga. They have two matches in hand, meaning the revs and a far superior goal difference. They have a ten goal difference in the positive when it comes to goal difference. Toronto FC two's at thirty one one. NYCFC two is at twenty nine. They have two more wins in FC Cincinnati two. That's why NYCFC two is in the playoffs as the eight right now and FC Cincinnati two is out of the playoffs right now at twenty nine points. Orlando City Be's at twenty seven, two more wins than Carolina Core that's ten and eleven Crown Legacy. With the loss last night, they're at twenty six points twenty two matches at Lanta United two, two matches in hand with everyone who is above them short of SC Cincinnati. So if Atlanta United wins their two matches in hand, they would be at thirty one points, they would be in the playoffs at the eight spot because it would be two wins and they would be two wins behind Toronto, So two wins right now they would be in the playoffs as the eight seed. But right now at Lanta United two twenty five points, two matches in hand heading to Orlando this weekend. We'll catch up with Jose Silva later in the week and that'll be on the pregame show from Orlando. Messi and Friends two they are in fourteenth to twenty two points and Crew two they are at seventeen points through twenty one matches four thirteen to four and one and a goal difference this season of minus twenty. So that's where Atlanta United two is right now, and that's the race that they are getting into when it comes to the postseason for the first time ever in MLS in MLS next pro Okay, gossip, ruber and innuendo, What to watch, where to watch it, how to watch it?
Speaker 2: Obviously, what you've got.
Speaker 1: To get into today is the tail end of week number one in the Premier League. We'll get into that tomorrow. Casey White's gonna join us. She'll bat lead off. She's going to talk a little bit about Columbus and Toronto. She's gonna talk in WSL. She's gonna talk college because she and Jen held her at Florida State and Florida and the low down dirty cheaters at the University of South Georgia Gainesel Campus taking on my beloved and angelic Florida State University soccer team.
Speaker 2: So we'll get into that tomorrow with KCD, and we'll start our.
Speaker 1: Focus like our you know, graduate level class when it comes to multi club ownership. Just because of everything that we have experienced and seeing with one multi club owner, we kind of wanted to examine MCOs themselves and kind of go into our deep dive section. So it'll be like our graduate level class when it comes to multi club ownership. We'll start that tomorrow as well. If all of the the satellites and the timing works and all this kind of stuff to get that done. That'll be in our number two tomorrow. So our big MCO discussions start tomorrow if technology behaves going over the Atlantic Ocean. So that's that's kind of where we are with that. So that's tomorrow here on the network, starting at nine oh five Eastern. So what to watch, Where to watch it, how to watch it? Leagdu Lemont and Montpelier's at two forty five on BN being an Espanol is simulcasting. Leeds in Everton is at three, that is on USA ESPN deport This has LaLiga, LJA and rail. Betty's German Cup is on the Plus two at noon one at two forty five or ought vice Essen could they knock off Brusia Dortmund And then you end up with LaLiga at three o'clock CBS Sports Network in WSL Seattle in Chicago that is at ten o'clock and that is later tonight. And so once again Johnny and his Athletico Demadrid debut gets his flowers from Diego Simioni. Tom Russo has posted said goal, has posted the clip to the last goal that was scored in the Espanol Atletico Demadrid match.
Speaker 2: So that is your requested.
Speaker 1: Short viewing for today's checking out the highlights of that particular matchup. So you've got that going on, all right, So let's check the tour of everything going on, transfers and stuff. Remember transfers overseas and England go until the end of the month, go until the end of the month, and so you end up with keeping an eye on the window overseas. And there's some stuff that our friend Ben Jacobs came in with this morning to kind of keep an eye on things in your fantasy teams too, because you know, God knows, I started folks in fantasy this week that are probably not going to be with the teams that they sat.
Speaker 2: Joan Visa has unfollowed.
Speaker 1: Brentford changed his profile picture to black and removed all club photos from his Instagram account as he looks to leave the club.
Speaker 2: That'll get there, that'll make it happen.
Speaker 1: This has moved to Newcastle currently being blocked by Brentford. As revealed by Alex Crook, Unhappy, Brentford will now engage for over a sale over a sale unless a sixty million plus pound valuation is met, despite informing Visa a few weeks ago they would entertain a sale. Visa was also total a year ago he could leave for twenty six million after committing to last season following ivan Toni's departure to a lah Glee. Brentford insists Dongo Watara is a Boomo replacement and for a Visa exit to happen, another Ford must be added as well as their high valuation is met. Bill All el Kanus has told Lester City he wants to join Crystal Palace Leicester one around thirty million relegation release clause has expired. El Hanus is viewed as a replacement for eberci Esa for Crystal Palace and Newcastle set to resume talks once again. Visa now pushing for an exit. Keep an eye on that. Understand links with Chelsea and BOSTONI why to the mark That's been's favorite phrase for saying not quite happening yet. Christ Christiana is uce is an option for Wolves, nothing more at this stage. The attacking midfielder is appreciated. Wolves have other priority positions first focused on between now and the end of the window. Leads have opened talks with Noah okafor last week discussions continuing over the weekend, keen to add another attacker before the window shuts. Nothing agreed with Melon yet, talks expected to continue. Leads have made progress and there is optimism that a deal can be completed this week. Also on the board, more Unben Doak, who looks like he's going to be joining Born With for a twenty five million pound package. Liverpool have a buyback and as a rule, according to Jacobs, these tend to be agreed at least double the transfer fee. Buyback includes because Liverpool think Dok has elite potential and regular first team starts could see them return to him in the future. Born With beatoff competition from Porto. Everton also showed interest no offer. Liverpool would have had no issues selling dough to Everton at all. Jaden Sanchos decided not to accept Roma's offer as he continues to search for a new club. Twenty million pound bid made to Manchester United. Sancho is convinced other options will materialize before the windows shuts in thirty teen days. Nottingham Forrest has agreed to Arnold Klimawendo joining from Ren five years at twenty six million, and we do have the photo of a klum a window looking straight into the lens and the table, not looking at the paper, not signing the paper, not nothing going on, and literally I think the piece of paper is straight, so literally straight north and south klum a window.
Speaker 2: His picture is like this, So.
Speaker 1: He's trying to sign a piece of paper that depends not touching and probably needs to be tilted. So klum a window can sign it and keep an eye and keep an eye on that. Jed Spent signed a new long term contract with Spurs an excellent forum following his return a loan spell with Jeno one twenty three to twenty four and we mentioned Visa this one we got to keep an eye on. West Ham Vice chair Karen Brady tells Talk Sports she expects Lucas Pocketat to stay at the club. I think he wants to stay. We definitely want him to say so. The thing is he'll be staying. She also gave confidence to Graham Potter out of the block after their results on the weekend. Potter has already gotten the dreaded vot of confidence at west Ham after only one match, Sunderland getting three on the board, west Ham getting none. Morning Dale Charleston came from behind, apparently to beat to the river Hounds at high Mark, and Bob Lily is still probably still yelling. We don't see if there's anything going on domestically. Remember that the domestic window ends Thursday, So if anybody's going to be making anybody's going to be making moves, you got to do it between now and Thursday. Lexington SC finalizing a deal to sign longtime MLS midfielder Latif Blessing.
Speaker 2: How's that?
Speaker 1: Blessing twenty eight as two hundred and fourteen regular season appearances in Major League Soccer, spent last year with Houston and Toronto. Minnesota United nearing a deal to sign Austrian attacking midfielder Dominic Fits from Austria Vienna. Houte was first with that thirteen and sixteen in just under three thousand minutes last year, four plus five and six hundred minutes this year. Don't know about the roster designation if he goes to the Loons. Could be a TAM could be a dp US Yan team. Midfielder Adrian Gill signed a one year deal with Barsa b Munda di Bortiva first to report that nineteen he's been with Bars's famed Academy since twenty eighteen. Then Turgerman and Maccabi tel Aviv. Maccabi tel Aviv not done, but close five and a half million bids submitted, not officially accepted all parties. Hopeful Player gave the green light and personal terms, and so that's where we are with the updates on the things. So tomorrow, once again, remember we are going to be going over everything in WSL College Columbus in Toronto with KCD. Casey White's going to join us early and we'll start our breakdown of everything and we'll learn together, as Jared says, what's learned together. So we're going to learn together tomorrow if technology happens, and we'll have an interview on tape and we'll start our coverage of MCOs and all the news that's associated with all of that. Considering how it land United has been directly affected by someone who operates or operated an NC, I think he still does.
Speaker 2: I think it's two or three clubs.
Speaker 1: But with Landy United's involvement in MCOs, we thought it might be important just to kind of take a deep dive and understand the inner goings, the machinations, all of the weaving, all the things to make sure that we all know what is coming when it comes to American clubs interacting with multi club ownerships around the world. So we start that tomorrow, of technology permitting, and that'll be an hour number two. Thanks to Bardez always, Thanks to Abe as always, Thanks to y'all as always for being a part of everything, and did not lose my ring. But apparently I am the clumsiest person on the planet because I don't know how to operate a disposable razor like everybody else does. So that's another round for another reaction Monday. As always, thanks for beginning a part of this as you always are, played safe everybody, moch of platyall. Since it is the end of the show that means we get to do this back at it again nine to five tomorrow morning.