Speaker 1: Bully cunning in the Great America. Welcome to Stow's. The afternoon the tri State. The part of funeral was unbelievable.
Speaker 2: To watch the body language of the participants growing darks at each other.
Speaker 1: It was great.
Speaker 2: But I did notice that Donald Trump was sitting next to Barack Husain Obama and they were engaged in playful conversations. Obama and Trump. Now there's a match made in having ebony and ivory right there. And they got along well. No one else did, especially among the Democrats. But speaking of that, Brendan Call was the chief of staff of Charlie Lucan for many years. He's now President of the Chamber. Brendan Call, Welcome to the Bill Cunningham show.
Speaker 3: You speaking of what speaking of somebody you get along with and you'd like to tell good stories with? Yeah, what we're talking about here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm watching what's happening and I'm thinking you got to be kidding me. When Kamala Harris was escorted into the to the second row, right behind the Carter family, she would not look Joe Biden. They sat next to each other and they never communicated at all. She never turned around to welcome the Clintons or whatever. She didn't speak to anyone. The Bushes were there, Laura Bush and Georgia, and Obama was by himself because his wife Michelle's in the Hawaii at their palatial estate, leathering up and getting some sun tan time in. And then sitting next to Obama was Donald Trump, and those two engaged in banners that something.
Speaker 3: It's a I mean it is. Somebody just sent it to me because I'm not I'm trying to be a little diet from social media. But boy, there's a million things going on in that four second clip of Trump talking and Obama laughing. You just you want to be a fly on the church pew to hear what they're talking about.
Speaker 2: Well, it's it's Jimmy Carter was a terrible president, but he had a pretty good post presidency with Habitat for Humanity and that kind of stuff. But let's get on something more Germaine.
Speaker 3: You could say, you could say what you want about President Obama President Trump, but I bet those two can tell great stories. And I bet that the two of them would, if they weren't so impolitic, would have a really interesting conversation.
Speaker 2: Could you imagine if Bill Clinton got loose of his lovely wife Hillary. Get billy boy Clinton, Obama and Trump together. I leave George Bush out of it. Get those three together, paintings. He's busy painting. He's painting right now, and he would not look at Donald Trump at all, and nor would Laura Bush. And so the Democrats hate the Democrats. The Republicans hate the Republicans, and they all hate each other, and they hate everyone in.
Speaker 3: Their great So I've read a little bit about this. I hosted this really awesome book club at the Americanty Library where we read a biography of every American president. Took us seven years to do it. And what was interesting about Carter? You're right, he did lead an interesting life after the presidency. Rest in peace, hundred years old. But none of them really liked Carter. They all of the ex presidents thought he was kind of the can you say curtin the punch bowl? God rest the soul. But I mean he was the one that people they didn't really get along with him. There's a famous picture of all of them to go to the White House, and he's about eight steps away from the rest of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because they want nothing to do with him At all, but he don't fit in the group whatsoever. He would not have been elected except for Watergate, and he was a different dude.
Speaker 1: But the rest of the US.
Speaker 3: Really interesting life and you know, building houses.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's out swinging.
Speaker 3: Hammers at ninety years old, and it is a remarkable story of American history that is worth learning about. The Jonathan meetschum, I mean, Jonathan Alter wrote a book about him that was excellent.
Speaker 2: About fifteen or twenty years ago, Carter naturally assumed he would die before Ford. And so Carter calls Jerry Ford and says, would you do my eulogy? And Ford said to Carter, well, I will if you do mine. So each of them wrote for the other many years ago, because Ford's been dead I don't know ten, fifteen, twenty years and Carter thought he was going to die first. And so what we heard this morning from the son of Jimmy Carter was the eulogy written by Jerry Ford, which is kind of and they hated each other.
Speaker 3: See that, Yeah, I gotta go read that.
Speaker 1: That sounds amazing. It is.
Speaker 2: Look at the eulogy given on behalf of Carter. It was for Ford first, and then what was read this morning was the son of Jimmy Carter reading the eulogy for his day had written by President Ford. I don't think that'll happen between saw we say, Donald Trump and Bill Clinton, but it would be it.
Speaker 1: I mean it sets the standard. Wait, you know you can fight well Clinton.
Speaker 3: I think Clinton did the did a eulogy for Bush. George H. W. Bus, Yes, he did, which was rather beautiful too. Yeah, that's that stuff is important. I mean, it's sets a tone for the country. It is. It's crucial for us nationally, but also locally. It shows you know, we live in this place together. We work with people who are different than us, and it doesn't matter what side you are. You have to forge relationships with people who maybe believe different things and you do and that's okay.
Speaker 2: Well, Brendan call, let's move on because we're being too nice about this because we got too much nice, too much niceness going on, because we got issues everywhere. To the president of the Chamber, I had on yesterday Jim Mooring, one of the bar owners who talked about why good Man, good guy, but the new indoor arena needs to be exactly where it is now. The cost or exorbitant. And on the other hand, if you put it out over the top of I seventy five, if they reclaim some dirt or put it next to FC, it's free and clear. Explain why and you gave us statements on this why the present site of the Heritage Bank Arena may not be appropriate or may not What do you have to say about that?
Speaker 3: Well, look, I want to first of all say, the bar and restaurant owners down there at the Banks are really important to our regions of con me So you know, those those men and women who are entrepreneurs down there deserve a lot of credit for creating a district that people want to go when they visit Cincinnati. Tony Cafeo is known for a long time that family runs, you know, great great properties, and I think they're Jefferson Hall, So Jefferson Social is a really really great place. So if people haven't been down there in a while, they should go down and visit. Well, what's going on at the banks?
Speaker 1: Quit band nie, let's get to the dark brown and quit nice.
Speaker 3: It's all true. I mean, we hired experts to look at the site and here here's some facts. It is the smallest site by a significant amount of all of the sites that we looked at, it's foreign acres and some change. The other sites that the study recommended were six and some change. The current arena is three hundred and some thousand square feet. The arena that you want to build for a modern arena is six hundred and fifty six hundred and seventy thousand square feet. So you're talking about, you know, a bigger footprint, and in order to do what you need to do, what you would have to do with the existing site. We didn't say that it doesn't fit. It could fit. It's just about a seventy million dollars premium to go up and over Pete Rose Way, up and over Marring Way. You're blocked by the ballpark on one side, you're blocked by the bridge on the other side. And so what we tried to do and just presenting the facts, was to say this is a very very difficult site to rebuild a modern arena on and still make it function well. I'll point out the only o thing I'll point out again is one of the sites that it did recommend was this downtown West site over by that Brent Spence Bridge land, which is about equidistance to the bank's parking garage as the existing Heritage Bank site.
Speaker 4: You know, you've got to walk.
Speaker 3: Kind of snake all around the ballpark to get the Heritage Bank today. No matter what we do, and this is a community conversation that I think is healthy. We should be talking about how we make sure that the bank's entertainment district is successful year round. So to that end, you know, I don't I don't begrudge any of the business owners for saying what they say. They're they're important part of the community. We've got to have a conversation about where do we build it. Where do we spend this kind of money to have a modern arena, because people do you know, they want that. We think we need a modern arena from a But if we're gonna spend that kind amount of money, we got to put it in the right place that it operates well. And you don't spend extra money, you know, on a site where it might just be too difficult to fit. And that means that we have to have an important conversation about how we make the banks successful.
Speaker 2: Brendan Call, head of the Chamber of the Hard Experts, came into town looked at everything. If you pay for the band, you call the tune. If Jeff Birding and Carl Lindner wants this arena to be close to fc TQL and they're willing to put up a whole bunch of money to get it done, does that speak volumes about where it's going to be.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm not speaking to those individuals in particular, but I do think that you know, elected officials, and we do not want to fund this thing with just public dollars. You know, you they're very difficult to build without some public dollars. But there's going to have to be some sort of a private investment, and you know, a private investor I would imagine would be interested in the conversation about where it goes. We tried to lay out two sites that we said make sense. We talked about both of the sites that we laid out, as you know, we called them highly recommended. I think was the terminology we used. Both of them have pros and cons and we did not intentionally say it has to go here or has to go there. We said we're going to tee up a communication, a conversation where frankly, elected officials who are going to have to put some skin in the game, and private investors are gonna put some skin in the game. We'll have opinions, and I think that's important. And by the way, welcome to that conversation. The folks like Jim and and company down at the banks. I think that they're they're an important voice and I'm I'm you know, I'm glad they are interested.
Speaker 2: Time frame, it's about one third private about two thirds public.
Speaker 1: Is what are those fractions? Correct? One third private money, two thirds public.
Speaker 3: That's about right in terms of what we studied. And you know, the next step is to really go deeper and it may not be us who does this, but it you know, go deeper on how do you finance something like this and what does the public money look like? And so I wouldn't speculate on where that comes from. Other cities have done really unique things. We put kind of a menu of options in the report. But the you know, the the point is is, look what everybody, including the folks who had an event yesterday, agree on, is that a modern arena, would you would be an injection of vibrancy and economic growth into our city that we're missing out on things now because we don't have that modern arena facility. And so, you know, I think the mayor did some made some comments on a podcast recently about trying to figure this out this year, and I appreciate that leadership from him, basically saying, look, let's call the question. There's you know, I think his language is something like, we shouldn't have I'm willing to take on the tough, tough questions, and so I'm grateful to him for saying, yeah, we should have this conversation and sort it out once and for all and not just have it be the thing that we talk about for a long time.
Speaker 2: And I would think to build at the Heritage Bank Center now would be a construction Tim Knightmera because of how tight it is. You'd have to pick up the President Arena, go down to the core and then build it up from that point. And it's real tight. It's right next to my ballpark, the Great American, and the bridge is right there. If you go to WCEE T up Central Parkway, there's plenty of a land. And if you have it over by I seventy five the land to be recovered, that's vacant, and you start with value right there, and that's fairly close to the banks anyway. I don't think the banks would mind either location, but nonetheless that's where we are.
Speaker 3: So you think tricky, I mean that site, the existing site is it is tricky. I mean you'd be creating some essentially tunnel like atmosphere on the north side and the south side of it, right along the river in order to get it right, because you do want to have those concourses, you don't, you.
Speaker 1: Know when you go to another city.
Speaker 3: Right now, the Columbus has a couple of modern arenas actually, you know, they have these big, wide concourses around it and big areas around it. One of the things that the experts and by the way, I'll say the experts we hired were local. The guy from Turner Construction, you know he does this first stadiums and arenas all over the country. And Bill Baker at MSA Design just down the street here, who did the original study about the heritage site. That guy's brilliant and he cares a lot about the city. They were the local partners in this project. And this was the conclusion that was really driven by the experts.
Speaker 2: I know, you're up against the clock, so are we as far as the present site, there's many acres there. If the new facility goes somewhere else, which your experts at the Chambers say are the better locations, what happens to that site? What if that is gone? I would imagine Heritage Bank arena would go away, tear it down.
Speaker 1: What do you put there? If anything?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you wouldn't want to have a you know, as somebody said to me at Cincinnati gardens like situation where you have two kind of arenas like that. So you do have to solve for that, and we we stated that pretty clearly in the report that part of the conversation would be if you choose not to rebuild on that site, again, having a conversation about what might go there is critical to the path forward. Now. Could be housing, could be more retail, there's a but it could be parkland. I don't want to speculate on what the best solution is there, but I do think that and this is where the bank's owners and restaurant tours and entrepreneurs command is. You know, if we got to a point of the community where the arena wasn't going to go on the existing site, then how do we make sure that that knew that the existing side. Whatever you put there does good from an economic growth perspective for the banks and for what's happening down on the riverfront.
Speaker 1: As a whole.
Speaker 3: You know, you might be able to add a whole bunch of residents that would be, for instance, you know, contributors to the economy down there. So again, I don't want to say what the right thing to do there is because we didn't look at that. That wasn't part of the scope. But it is an important question to answer before you would move forward.
Speaker 2: Now, lastly, thinking about Jimmy Carter writing Forde eulogy, and Forge writing Carters and having family members read it. Thinking about George Bush, the eulogy, part of which was delivered by Bill Clinton. Connie Pilach took the Prosecutor's office a couple of days ago. I don't think Missy Powers is going to write Connie pillage is eulogy, and I don't think Connie's going to write Melissa Powers euology. But nonetheless, how important is it? I had somebody reach out to me from the county's pillage. You like to come on the radio with me, like to have breakfast lunch dinner talk about things.
Speaker 1: Do you have confidence that our city.
Speaker 2: Will not go the way of Portland or Chicago, New York, Austin, Nashville, It's terrible. As far as the downtown area, The Rock talked about what Houston looks like downtown. It's awful, with homeless camps everywhere, needle use, it's awful. Do you have confidence that Connie Pillage will not let Cincinnati become another Los Angeles?
Speaker 3: I do. I have been so delighted and I'm glad to hear that she's going to come on your program and that she's reaching out to you. She did an event here at the Chamber with my colleague Liz Keating, who was on council and is now our head of government Affairs. We hosted Connie here. She met with a bunch of business leaders. She's been answering questions. She called me last week about wanting to come over and spend some time together. And I think that is a tremendous indication that she cares about how a city and a county from a crime perception, from a law and order perception, how that leads to economic growth. And she gets that, and so I'm excited to continue those conversations with her. We've got great momentum here in Cincinnati, no question, and making sure that this is a place that people think is safe and that they can invest their business and live in this county is critical. And everything I've heard from her so far, particularly in one on one conversations, indicates to me that she wants to prioritize that. So we're going to stay in good contact with her. This's the first time we've had this kind of a change in the prosecutor's office, but you know, I think it's been coming on all of us to make sure that we build those relationships with new leaders. And Connie's the new prosecutor and we've got to find ways to partner with her and help her. You know, it's just bringing to conversations, and so she's been willing to do that so far, and I think that's good trust.
Speaker 2: But verify, I mean, uh yeah, you told me off the air that she is kind of like a suburbanite attitude about the city, and we can't let the city fall in the abyss, as many urban democratic cities have with rampant crime, thousand dollars smash and grab robberies and and uh, fornication, defecation, urination all over the streets.
Speaker 1: Can't have that here.
Speaker 2: And she comes with a suburbanite attitude, and uh, of course we hope that's the case.
Speaker 3: I did say thing about fornication and urination. But what I do think is that she you know, she was a stay legislator. She was she ran in the district that was a swing district and had to work hard to get elected, which means she had to talk to people that were Democrats and Republicans and you never forget those experiences. The people who have those kind of districts I think tend to be in touch with, you know, kind of a moderate philosophy on government. And you know, we'll see. But again, I'm encouraged by how she's reached out and wanted to stay in good cut, good contact with the business community.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, she has to do it, not talk about it, but do it.
Speaker 2: And I'm willing to give her two or three chances before I attack mercilessly. So yeah, nice of me. Well we'll see what happens. Connie Pillage is welcome. I'm gonna meet with her and talk with her. That's what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 3: I know you're trying to go, but I read what you said night things about our Supreme Court Justice Joe Dieters, and I think that's terrific that you were up there saying good things about him, and congratulations to him and all the others who won won this year, and thank you for your continued kind of you bring the issues to the forefront and have relationships with people all across the region. It's important.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, he's like Charlie Lucan.
Speaker 2: A lot to say negative stuff about him, but let's face it, in reality, to have a Charlie Lucan and the Joe Dieters in governments are positive for all of us. And having a brand and call in charge of the Chamber is positive for all of us. And I want Connie Pillage to form the group and I'll be some left ing radical extremists that will tear down the city of Cincinnati and that blood running in the streets.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: That's right, that's rights. That might be a little dramatic, but yes, we're going to do this by forging good relationships.
Speaker 1: All right, Brendan, call you the best. Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Thanks good.
Speaker 2: Let's continue with more news next on news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: NO.
Speaker 1: I'd hit the music here.
Speaker 2: I am again and I love speaking with Brendan call cull as President of the Chamber of Commerce. Kind of a Democrat, but he makes a lot of sense. And the goal is, of course to have a city that's at least as functional as it is today with having its first democratic prosecutor and over one hundred years, and the early returns on Connie Pillich actually are pretty good. The staff that I've spoken with from Hamleton County says they were about fifteen or twenty that left great majority remain and she's meeting individually with the with the career prosecutors to make sure they're going to hang around at least for a while, because you just can't go and find trial democratic trial democratic prosecutors who know what they're doing in a courtroom, because no one's been trained that way.
Speaker 1: It doesn't exist.
Speaker 2: So she understands it would behoove her to keep the core staff in place because today Tomorrow, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, in every courtroom in Hamley County, the fourteen common Police courtrooms and the fourteen municipal court rooms that is manned by county prosecutors. You got trials going on, You have the city of Madeira calling down in Green Township, calling down the prosecutors, always saying, hey, I want to conduct this search. What should I put in my affiday to get the warrant? What should be in this Do you think I can do this? They give advice every day, all the time to all the county officials conducting criminal slash legal processes to make sure it's germane and she has to. She never prosecuted anybody in her life. She's in her sixties and she's never been really in a criminal court room in her life as a prosecutor. She did a little bit of minor felony work as a defense lawyer, but that's a far that's a bridge too far. So she's keeping in place a large number of Joe dieters Is and Melissa Powers prosecutors, and they're not happy about it, but what do you do? And we have to make it work. Cincinnati was the anomaly, and I'm not sure Joe Dieters himself could have won in twenty twenty four because of the way every urban city and county in America is going. If you take the largest six cities and counties municipalities in the state of Ohio, there's not one Republican elected to any office. And in Hamilton County there's only one Republican elected. That's Eric Beck. He's the county engineer. He ran unpost. To be an engineer, you have to have all these qualifications. There's only like ten people in the county to have them. The other nine doesn't want the job, so back one. Other than that, there's you can't find a Republican with a searchlight in county. Government doesn't exist. And uh, it's the way things are. You can complain, bitch and moan, which I do all the time. I love chaos, I love confusion. But at some point, as Brendan Call said, and as Jimmy Carter and Gerald Ford did, you have to kind of reach across the island and say, Okay, we may not agree on some core principles, but we got to get along. It was amazing to hear that Jimmy Carter contacted Gerald Ford. Of course both were well living at the point to ask Ford to write Carter's eulogy. And then then Ford said to Carter well, will you write my eulogy, thinking Okay, Carter's going to die first. Well, it didn't work out that way. So this morning the eulogy for Jimmy Carter, delivered by one of Jimmy Carter's sons, was written by Gerald Ford, and vice versa. I thought, well that's pretty good, and I said to a friend of mine, if you would take Bill Clinton, Barack Hussein Obama, and Donald Trump, the three of them would get along famously.
Speaker 1: They have a hell of a time.
Speaker 2: In fact, watching this morning, I remarked to the People's Judge, Penelope r that look at Obama and Trump. They're talking to each other, exchanging niceties, smiles on their face, sitting right next to each other, they're laughing, exchanging, exchanging their thoughts and words and whatever. It might be a little bit of a relationship. But I also noticed, as you would also if you watched it, when Bill Clinton walked in to take his place in the cathedral at the top there was the front row was only the family members, the second row with the presidents and their first ladies. The third row was the vice president. Very soome. You had Mike Pence and Kamala Harris was in the front row because she's a current vice president. Dan Quayle was there and his wife, and it is fascinating to watch the body language, which speaks better than words about the relationships. Bill clint had walked in with Hillary and neither one of them looked left or right at anybody. Hillary did not acknowledge the presence or existence of Barack Obama nor Kamala Harris. And at the end of the proceeding Bill Clinton was seen to exchange some words with Obama and with Donald Trump and George Bush. When he came in, he acknowledged the Clintons, but did not acknowledge the Trumps. George Bush forty three, Laura was speaking to everyone. Barack Hussein Obama was there. His lovely wife was not president. Michelle was on an extended vacation in Hawaii, one of their homes, and didn't want to make the trip to Washington. It was too far to go. And then Joe Biden came in last with doctor Joe Biden, and they put Joe Biden directly next to Kamala Harris, so they sat down and did not look at each other, did not exchange any words. I think the relationship between Kamala Harris and Joe Biden is not very good at all. And Joe Biden did not acknowledge the presidence of Kamala Harris the vice president. So you have Republicans not liking Republicans Bush and Trump. Then you had Democrats not acknowledging other Democrats. And I thought this is completely dysfunctional. And at the end, I looked up a little more and said, Okay, what's happening now At the end, and they sat there for like ten to fifteen minutes before anything got started. So each the parties, the presidents, that small club a total of five, had the ability to look around, say hello, say goodbye, whatever it might be. The only person's talking was Barack Hussain Obama speaking with Donald Trump, and they had a hell of a good time.
Speaker 1: No one else.
Speaker 2: Then at the end they had to go out the same way they came in, and there was a little bit of interaction between Bill Clinton and Donald Trump, but none between Kamala Harris and Donald Trump. And so you have Clinton and Hillary not talking to the other Democrats and not talking to the Republicans. Then you had George Bush and Laura Bush not talking to the Republican Donald Trump was speaking with completely with the Clintons. The Bushes are down with the Clintons. And then you had Joe Biden and Joe Biden they didn't talk to anybody. They wanted nothing new with any of this. Then you had the vice president. It was interesting to watch when Donald Trump entered and he shook the hand of Mike Pence. So you got this dynamic of the Clintons kind of versus the Trump's. And of course the first lad the incoming first lady was there, Blania. She looked beautiful by the way. Ye had the Bushes interacting with the Clintons, but not with the other Republican, Donald Trump. You had who's Barack Obama interacting completely with Donald Trump, but kind of ignoring Kamala Harris. And the reporting is basically that Kamala Harris is on the outs with everyone there, that the Clintons don't like her, and of course, uh, the uh, the Trump's uh, not a lot of good feelings there, and the Bidens and the Jill not really close at all to Kamala Harris. So Democrats fight Democrats and fight Republicans. Republicans fight Republicans, and Democrats then you had the vice presidents sitting there and Mike Pence, you had Kamala Harris had al Gore and dan Quayle, and dan Quayle and his wife, I forget her name, didn't speak to anybody. Al Gore did speak to anybody, including the Clintons. Pens and his wife were there. He offered his hand to Donald Trump, he shook the two hands met and Kamala Harrison Doug Emof came in and nobody talked to anybody. So I'm thinking, well, what the hell. And at the end of the deal, there was a little more friendliness. Not between the Clintons and the Trumps. That didn't happen between the Clintons and the Bushes. Absolutely, between Barack Obama and the Bushes, absolutely, But the only one that would speak to Donald Trump was Obama.
Speaker 1: And that is an example.
Speaker 2: You know, when I think about how our county, how our city, how our region is run, it is critical to have a county prosecutor who will enforce the law, not make it up, not say that law doesn't apply, not to say, well, you can steal one thousand dollars and I'm not going to bother you, but you steal above that we're going to come after you. We have a court order to my left and which Common Police Court has ordered the city to clean up the homeless encamp It's on public property wherever it's located, and that has largely been ignored by the City of Cincinnati, despite the protestations of the police who want to do it. So to have Connie Pillach reaching out to certain parts of the community of which she's not shall we say a welcome many times is a positive. One of her devo tays got a hold of me and I said, absolutely, I'll have breakfast, lunch, or dinner with Connie Pillag and if she wants my two cents for us, she'll get it. I'll reach out to Rob Sanders, the Kenton County Prosecutor who interacts with the Hamlet County prosecutor all the time on various cases, to see if Rob Sanders is willing to meet with Connie Pillage and if Connie Pillach is willing to meet with Rob Sanders. I won't mention names, but we have a county commission in Hamlet County completely dysfunctional. There's two that won't speak to one and one that won't speak for two. They don't get along at all. A lot of disagreement there on City Council. There's more art, arguments and fighting than we know about because it's kept below below the water level.
Speaker 1: And so it would behoove all of us to.
Speaker 2: Kind of work together as much as you can, because we have one prosecutor at a time, we have one mayor at a time. This coming in a few months, I'm going to give an award to the Mayor of Cincinnati, have to haveb puer of Aal. He's the Celtic of the Year.
Speaker 1: As you know.
Speaker 2: Last year, I was the Celtic of the Year and it was award given to me by Chief Justice Sharon Kennedy. And Sharon Kennedy, who's a conservative Republican, could not be more different than have to have peer of all. But we're all going to be together in the same space. She gave me the award. I'm going to give the award to have to have peer ofval And before that, Joe Dieters got the award. So we have a group of us. So we'll be up there sometime under the leadership of the Cincinnati Reds and Karen Craft and Phil Castellini honor about the field to get this award, which is a nice little looks like a hammer, and I want to thank my nephew, Brian Redden and others who head up that organization to get it done. So why can't you disagree politically but then come together during pensive moments to exchange niceties and keep things going. But I found it interesting. There will be much commentary on this in the future. But we're going to have a new US Attorney. When the US Attorney was controlled by Joe Biden then Democrat Party in Hamilton County and the US Attorney for the Southern District includes Columbus, Ohio South, so there's about forty five counties the new US Attorney and thank god, the new US Attorney is going to be a rock ribbed Republican. You know, we work in a system of shall we say, checks and balances. That was the whole idea of the country. We don't have a potentate. You know, the Congress passes the laws, the President enforces the law, and the court system deals with the disputes of one type or another. And so we're going to have a situation in the next couple of weeks where there's going to be a rock ribbed Republican US Attorney looking at the corruption or lack thereof on city council in Hamilton County and elsewhere, because that's the system of checks and balances. No one party has power over all the others. When those things happen, generally, it's a bad thing. The country advances further and better when there's a division of authority, especially when it comes to legislative action.
Speaker 1: So we'll see what happens.
Speaker 2: So even though Countye Pillach is the chief law enforcement officer in Hamlon County, now when the new US Attorney is appointed, and I hope in a sense that person is someone we can all work with, someone like Orlando Sonzo would be wonderful in that position, but that's up to Donald Trump to appoint him. Then that person keeps an eye on the enforcement of federal law on the southern half of Ohio, which includes Scooter's office and includes city council and the mayor. You might recall last time, and this was under a democratic regime that the US Attorney and dited numerous members of city council and gained quite a few convictions of illicit activity by city council members, and that is called the system of checks and balances. We go from here, and lastly, I noticed with Scott Sloan and Brian Combs about the snow situation and Thomas Weedman things like that. And the best thing I heard is the acknowledgment from the mayor have to have peer of all the things are screwed up, and that somehow they were completely unprepared for this because it hadn't snowed like this in a long time. It used to be a regular event. Now it's not, but it might be again tomorrow. We're supposed to have tomorrow like two to four inches of snow and cold temperatures. Here we go again. The city was totally unprepared, much like in Los Angeles Karen Bass, the mayor, and the governor Gavin Newsoen totally unprepared for these wildfires. Calls partially mainly mainly by Democratic politics in the state of California that doesn't permit the pooling of resources called reservoirs, because after all, it's not fair to the smelt and not fair to the salmon, et cetera.
Speaker 1: Not worrying about human beings.
Speaker 2: Now they have a lack of water in California that receives enough water from God Almighty every year to do whatever they want to do for the US to do the rest of their life, but they can't use it in such a way and might effectuate the environment. There's a bunch of bs. They care more about smelt than about human beings. Not to have water and available to fire hydrants is ridiculous, and not to have controlled burns is ridiculous. And the I'm watching this now and the monitors even now versus three hours behind us, it is said, what's happening to those people? So let's continue with more after one o'clock today we'll be Dan Schneider or the Media Research Center about what's happening with Facebook and also what's going on now with so many other websites and podcast at an now been freed. And also later on is whether or not certain corporate America giants are following principles of equity or are they following principles of dei, which, as you know, is an unmitigated disaster. It's a form of racial discrimination.
Speaker 1: And more.
Speaker 2: The line becomes available five one, three, seven, four, nine seven thousand. Bill Cunningham The Great American Live. It's home of the Reds and Bengals. News Radio seven hundred WLW, My Billy cunning in The Great American Dan Schneiders at Media Research Center, my good friends Rent Brozels grouping around Prolonged Time also executive vice president and NewsBusters, etc. That chronicles what the mainstream media feeds into the minds of the American people. And Dan Schneider, Welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And first of all, before we deal with the Carter funeral, before we deal with the California incompetent wildfires, before we deal with all that, there's a movement of foot to Facebook, and Mark Zuckerberg has said something that made a lot of sense, and the mainstream media hates it. They don't like the idea of a fact checking because it's their facts to being checked and not anyone else's. So can you tell the American people how Facebook now with Zuckerberg, is going to do pretty much what Twitter x is doing presently.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Bill.
Speaker 5: The thing that this really reminds me most of is is the late eighties and when the barbed wire started to get rolled up in Czechoslovakia and Czechoslovakia was saying we're no longer a puppet of the Soviet Union than Hungary, and eventually the Berlin walking down. And when I saw that barbed wire first in Czechoslovakia, I thought, this can't be happening. Ken is it true?
Speaker 1: It can't be true.
Speaker 5: It's similar here Mark Zuckerberg and Facebook, they've been part of the enemy cohort on silencing conservatives. They've been the leader of it at different times. Google right now is the leader of it. But then suddenly Mark Zuckerberg is rolling up the barbed wire. He's saying, we're no longer part of the evil empire.
Speaker 3: I support free speech.
Speaker 5: And he's actually making he's making decisions that reflect that reality. You know, no longer is the COO Cheryl Sanberg And I almost had a thirty words that FCC would not permit me to say. Cheryl something. Sandberg. You know she is a radical left she's no longer the COO. And Nick Clegg, former Labor Party head in the United Kingdom, he's no longer the number three person. They've been replaced by Republicans.
Speaker 1: What but yes?
Speaker 5: And then the fact that Checkers' so called Soros funded fact checkers. They all woke up Tuesday morning to discover their contract has all been terminated, every last one of them. I mean it. It is the barbed wire being rolled up.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: When you say that, I think the guy in Archid, Czech and Slovakia at that point was a guy named dupe Check. And Dupecheck decided, let's roll up the barbo wire. Let's open up the border and see what happens is the USSR. Are we going to be obliterated? And the answer was no, and then it rippled all across Europe. And so Zuckerberg gives a million dollars to Donald Trump for the inaugural Zuckerberg does his online speech to hell you made or I could have made. It's about letting people decide for themselves in a free society what is and what is not relevant to their lives. And I'm watching Mark Zuckerberg do this and he kind of reminded me of of dupe Check.
Speaker 1: We got a new dupe Check.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, no, no, just to make sure people know I'm not a sick fanta like I don't get paid a penny by my mortal enemy Facebook. But he has not merely said I do support fre speech. He has vowed, he has pledged that he's going to fight the European Union, he's gonna fight the Chinese and others instead of trying to censor speech. Now that's still not good enough. He needs to make restitution. Oh, Facebook and all the meta companies, they.
Speaker 1: Are really really harmed.
Speaker 5: Conservative conservative organizations. We are still calling for them to make restitution for their harm.
Speaker 1: How about reparations. We need reparations. Can I get it? Can I get a check? I need reparations.
Speaker 5: This is real. There are a lot of people who lost their jobs, a lot of conservative media outlets went under. This is this is real, and every American citizen had their voices welched by this, and every American citizen was denied knowledge like about the Hunter Biden laptop story. You know, they caused serious harm and Facebook needs to needs to atone for its sins. But we can still celebrate the fact that they've come to our side of the aisle on this issue.
Speaker 2: Dan Schneider, Media Research Center, I ask you a question, is this real or is this memory? X? A year or two into the Trump presidency, and God knows, right now, there's peace every There may not be a lot of riots on January the twentieth. Madonna may not show up to blow up the White House. There may not be a bunch of pea hats running around talking and screaming, hollering and shouting about my vagina. And maybe that stuff will not happen. But do you believe in your harder hearts after two or three years, if you and I get back together, hopefully more often between now and then, that actually Mark Zuckerberger of Facebook will be fair reasonable and support the First Amendment. Will you say the same thing in two years from now, after two years of the Trump presidency?
Speaker 1: What do you say?
Speaker 5: Look, I might be proven naive and pullable two or three years from now, but yeah, I think this is real. I think this is a real commitment to this cause. Now, there are a couple of things I'm going to be looking for to determine whether I'm just naive and pullible.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 5: Will Facebook pull itself out of the trade association called net Choice. This is their lobby arm, it's their legal arm. Will Facebook pull out of nets Choice and no longer advocate in the courts for censorship? If they pull out a net Choice that is a serious that serious evidence that I'm right, that this is real. If they don't pull out a net choice, then it starts to look it starts to look faker, kind of starts to look short term.
Speaker 2: And Dan Schneider, to whom does credit belong? And I think, in a sense, ultimately it's the American people. It's the seventy seven million people that voted for Donald Trump. In fact, in the last three times he's run, he's received a total of about two hundred and twenty million votes in sixteen twenty twenty four. But in the most recent election, there was a stark choice between the California way of doing things or the common man every man, which is Donald Trump's way of doing things the heartland, and the heartland won over California and New York. In fact, there's not one county in New York who had more votes for Kamala Harrison, the editor Joe Biden. And if you look at a map, there's more red counties and New New York state in California voting for the for Trumpton, there was for Biden or Kamala Harris. But do you give credit mainly to the American people or some other person or.
Speaker 5: Source Bill, it is no surprise that you are spot on. You are spot on. I've been concerned for a long time, and I still remain concerned that this whole experiment and representational democracy is coming to an end. Will the American public rise up against these woke mobsters and take our country back? It looked almost hopeless for a while. Yeah, Camper culture and everything was just crushing everybody, and I just I didn't know if this experiment was done. But it is the American public that rose up and said enough. And it's not just those who voted for Trump those who voted against Trump. I would say maybe half of those who voted against Trump still are going to acknowledge that the woke mob went too far and there's got to be a reckoning and a pulling back of those extreme excesses. And here's my evidence of that. After Zuckerberg told all of his employees that their fact checker colleague are done and that there's no more censorship on the platform, and there's given me some other big announcements. In the next couple of weeks after he told them all this, not a single person has walked out in protest, not a single person quit even those wokesters out in Silicon Valley understand today is a different day.
Speaker 3: The world has changed.
Speaker 5: Their sussies have been curtailed.
Speaker 1: It's unbelievable.
Speaker 5: It's a new day. It's a new day in America.
Speaker 2: I'm a skeptic. I'm a Saint Thomas kind of a guy. I went to wait a year or two because when I watched the video of Mark Zuckerberger, I rewounded what listened to it. Watched the two or three more times. It was so bad in twenty seventeen that James call me and his band of the FBI thought it was okay to wiretap the President of the United to wire tapped to transmission, to have illegal warrens being issued, and to go after General Flynn and Trump directly and to ruin the first two years of his presidency. They were so confident they would find something that would be expanded into a crime that they did this, even rated the President's home and threw Maloney's underwear all over the carpeting and positioned all the secret documents in a way that make it look like it was a complete fool and an idiot. They had so much confidence in their success they raided Donald Trump's personal residence with a bunch of bs. They suppressed the laptop, They committed law fair against them repeatedly, the Russian collusion delusion.
Speaker 1: They were so certain they would win that.
Speaker 2: Guess what they did all that to Donald Trump and his friends, and dotted his lawyers, and dotted his consultant, and died at the White House chief of Staff, knowing that they'd be protected in the end. And now they're bear and they're saying, are you kidding me? And that's how confident they were.
Speaker 5: And don't forget the attacked Catholics. They attacked parents of k through twelve students. They have attacked all of America. They attacked individual rights. They tried to crush this entire system of government. They tried to replace themselves. Yeah, try to replace the American people with themselves. And they failed. And please God, let's get let's get our new leadership over a DOJ right away. There's got to be a reckoning. Those people have to pay the price for their illegal, criminal and unconstitutional conduct.
Speaker 2: And this is on top of If you take the three sentinels of liberalism progressivism, Chicago, take Illinois, Take New York State, Take New York City. Take California with all the wildfires. Look at the incompetence in New York State. You have the you have the governor Hockel is going to charge people like three thousand dollars per year simply to drive a car on New Manhattan.
Speaker 1: Three thousand bucks.
Speaker 2: And she's giving away in New York State money about a billion dollars a year to illegal aliens who are getting there, being wined, dined in, pocket lined all over New York City. Some eighty thousand are getting checks in the mail. But New Yorkers have to pay just to drive a car onto the island. You have in the subway system, women set on fire men, jumping tolls, repeatedly throwing people onto the train tracks, murders in the subway system. In New York City's up sixty percent crime is through the roof. Throw on top of that the city of Chicago, and that the mayor there has an eighteen percent approval factor. This city of Chicago's upside down, all their pensions, that no one wants to be a cop. Throw in California. Throw in what happened with Karen Bass. She's in Africa celebrating a Gananese president. As her city's literally burning. They're on an ocean. They're on an ocean, and they have no water because of the incompetence of Los Angeles City Council. Do you see a new berth in America? Dan Schneider, Do you see a new berth as I do? Or is this all something? Is this a mirage what I'm watching here?
Speaker 5: You know, Bill, let's have a moment of silence as we list all of the accomplishment, the positive accomplishment of Democrats over the last four years. There, that's the list of the positive accomplishments.
Speaker 2: Southern border deficits out of whack completely, crime is rampant, California's burning.
Speaker 1: New York is a complete crisis.
Speaker 2: We're giving money to the Ukrainians billions of dollars keep a war going with Israel under attack. We have the North Koreans ready to attack the South Koreans. We have China flying bombers over the top of Taiwan. We have crises upon crises upon crises, and none of this was fairly and objectively independently reported by any of the mainstream media.
Speaker 1: They ignored it.
Speaker 2: I reached some of the items on your website about ninety nine percent of the guest on late night comedy shows and aren't funny anymore? Liberals eighty eight percent or more of the reporting on all of the Trump nominees are all negative about the mainstream media. And I'm watching this and I'm surprised. Are you still shocked that Trump won against all this? This is unbelievable.
Speaker 5: You know, I didn't know how the election was going to go. I didn't know if the American people had had enough.
Speaker 3: I was nervous.
Speaker 5: Bill. The first time people came together to form a government to govern themselves was ancient Assens. The second time was in seventeen seventy six. This form of representational democracy has already outlasted the first attempt twofold. And I didn't know if we were coming to an end. And you know, thank god, we are not coordinating Queen Commel in a couple of weeks, you know, that would have been the end of us. But the American people said no more. You know, I have I have renewed hope that this system of government and our freedom might still endure a while longer. But it takes all of us every day fighting for freedom, fighting for democracy, because what you know this is not the natural order of things in world history. The natural order is a king telling everybody what to do. We have to work to preserve our freedom. We let down, we let go, we die.
Speaker 2: You know last I gave a speech the other day for a Supreme Court justice in Ohio, my good friend Joe Dieters, who was an elevated to the seat, and I made the comment that we're the only country on earth, the only one that has rights given by God, and that governments are instituted among men in order to secure the rights given by God Almighty. In every other government, all of our rights come from government, and the government that gives you those rights can take away those rights, but not here in America. And if we were in a few days going to commemorate the Kamala Harris presidency with the adoring coverage of the media that she would have gotten, and if she had eight years in office, in order to solidify, to cement the lack of descent in this country, the ability of media types to freely speak, and the idea that Catholics need to be investigated, that the southern border is going to be more wide open, that we have to pay out more money to illegals and shouldn't be here that the crime on the streets will become cemented into perpetuity. I'm not sure we could have survived. Imagine if she had won and in twenty thirty two, Kamala Harris left office, Dan Schneider, what does American look like?
Speaker 5: Who's to say she would have left office in twenty thirty two. Yeah, you know it's at that truly our system of government would have come to an end.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah. People couldn't understand why she was not actually articulating her policy views during the campaign, just because she didn't want to tell anybody what she was going to do, because she was going to do crazy things. We already know the kind of crazy things she was going to do because they've been doing it. We're just about to release the report of one hundred and thirty different and censorship initiatives in the Biden Harris administration. One hundred and thirty different ways our taxpayer dollars were being used to crush dissent. Well, you know, I said, this is this is stalinistic kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: Well, Dan Schneider, what would have happen? And as that, Bernie Sanders said it several months ago that a reporter asked, Bernie Sanders, the literal socialist from Vermont, are you concerned about Kamala Harris is seemingly changing her position from the California comments today. He kind of found and said, no, I'm not concerned about what she says because I know what she's.
Speaker 1: Going to do. And that was Senator.
Speaker 2: That was Senator Bernie Sanders said, just get elected and then we're going to solidify the socialism that was creeping and now is in retreat. But if Trump only serves four years and then we go back to Kamala Harris or god forbid, Gavin Newsom or someone Pritzker the governor of Illinois, then we're back at it again. We need eight to twelve years of my good friend Jady Vance from the great state of Ohio after that. But Dan Schnarder, we got a run once again. It's a wonderful site which is NewsBusters dot Org MRC Media Research Center. Once again, keep hope alive. We have hope at least for the next four years, hopefully for the next twelve. And Dan Schneider, thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Dan. Thanks Bill, God bless America. Let's continue with more. Wow.
Speaker 2: And if you happen to see the some of the body language at the Carter funeral, you know the disgust and hatred among Democrats for Democrats much less Trump. Let's continue with more. Bill Cunningham, The Great American Live, which home of the Bengals, and Red's News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: We've got one thirty six to go now.
Speaker 7: Pittsburgh has three timeouts, so they're going to be stopping the clock. Look, quarterback McCarron, who just threw a touchdown pass moments ago to take the lead of twenty.
Speaker 4: Five yards, got the first down for Cincinnati, will win it. They've got to get a first down though, from.
Speaker 7: The twenty six yard one of Pittsburgh gets a handoff to the running back. Hill runs over the right tackle. The twenty five football only fumbled the ball. It's loose and it was retrieved if the ball bounced inside the ten. Pittsburgh says they've got it, and Pittsburgh on the run by Hill.
Speaker 4: All recovered by Cockrell.
Speaker 7: Ross Cockrew looks like he vacuumed in the ball and here comes Roethlisberger. The ball is at the seventeen yard line of Cincinnati. The Bengals, by the way, have blocked a couple of field goals that have been attempted this season. Boswell's career long is fifty one. He has not had a field goal blocked. And he's on the field right now with eighteen seconds to go, trailing by one, with the rain falling. The hold will be by the punter John Berry. The long snap from Warren. It is a thirty five yard field goal ball put down, right footed kick, niping.
Speaker 8: Its way through the rain, and good.
Speaker 3: He Hello, quiet skulls, I'm broadcasting right.
Speaker 2: Twenty sixteen, nine years ago. Today he's lining up. Remember that fumble? No, just get the first down, you win the game. Fumble fumble? What happens Roethlisberger? Whatever happened to that guy?
Speaker 6: Sir?
Speaker 4: Comes Mckerran Not much is it his own? Twenty? Here it's first and ten mcaren, he's got four.
Speaker 1: More of Alabama.
Speaker 7: Great, he gets the shotgun snapped. He Trump's back looking into a three man Russia states he's being chased. He gets a plocke, he cuts his arm. He throws a pass down. Feel at Jeff Ball Not the way she's here, CEO's on the cut. This one is over and Pittsburgh has won. Pittsburgh has come from behind, and one in Cincinnati in all kinds of debris being thrown at the Steelers as they leave the field right beneath us.
Speaker 2: You might recall it's been nine years since Mike Tomlin's won a playoff game. Nine years Tomlin supposedly the greatest coach going today. Year year since he's won a playoff game in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 1: I don't know what to tell you.
Speaker 2: They have a crisis and they don't win the Super Bowl. We want to, we want to get to the playoffs. But when they get to the playoffs, that's what happens.
Speaker 9: Will he the stood Reporters apprid service of your local Temestar Heating and air conditioning dealers, Temestar Quality. You can feel a beautiful Milford the home of one main gallery called Baker Heating, right down the street at five one three am, three to one fifty one twenty four.
Speaker 1: Fuck, you're not kidding, we need Baker.
Speaker 2: How about the first of all Ron's roost that they got here. How about this is Donna who came to Donna, Yes, got here from the West side and these weather conditions to feed you. And I might add a few others here, would you agree? Was there a few others that lined up?
Speaker 9: Willie that? I think they just come in on Thursdays to eat. It's clucking good Ron's Roost Restaurant and bar, the world's greatest fried chicken. Willy bringing in our lunch today as usual, thirty eight to fifty three Race Road on the good old West Side, and it's five one three five seven four two.
Speaker 1: Two two Ron's Roost.
Speaker 9: Bengals Update brought to you by Good Spirits, Winding Tobacco and Party Town.
Speaker 1: I'm the party there.
Speaker 9: We ought to go thirteen convenient locations in northern Kentucky. Joe Burrow named the AFC Offensive Player of the Month for the regular season games played in both December and January.
Speaker 1: He's the MVP.
Speaker 9: He's thrown for a nearly eighteen hundred yards and sixteen touchdowns since December one. Former Bengals defensive coordinator lou Anarumo let go Monday set the interview with the Indianapolis Colts really defensive coordinator job on next Tuesday.
Speaker 1: He deserves its sag course.
Speaker 9: Tonight, the first of two national semi finals takes place in the Orange Bowl in Miami. Who Penn State against Notre Dame. I'm going with the Irish because of Rocky Boyman. I'm taking Penn State to win it. All the action after the West Miller Show here on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Who's in worst shape? Wes or Sean Miller? Both? It's Miller time.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 9: That's the other National semi final tomorrow night, Cotton Bowl in Dallas where it's gonna snow and ice and they don't have any salt trucks down there. Ohio State the Texas and they're playing like the AT and T is a room right at and T Stadium. Well, it'll be a roof.
Speaker 1: Well. Red's update.
Speaker 9: The Reds reaching agreement with three players today to avoid arbitration.
Speaker 1: Who are they closer?
Speaker 9: Alexis Diaz four point five million dollar deal, newcomer Brady Singer eight point seven to five mill Infielder Gavin Lux settles for three point three two five million.
Speaker 2: He's got two World Series rings though, that's correct. What does this mean for mcclan and Marte.
Speaker 9: Well, they'll they'll they'll be in they'll be in the other areas.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 9: We've got to see what happens. So you know they got what about Marte? Tino Martinez has got plenty of room.
Speaker 1: What about that endfield? Cees?
Speaker 2: And it's seventy seven days the opening day? What about Cees?
Speaker 1: He'll be there.
Speaker 2: Hopefully he doesn't get hurt, None of them get hurt. They all do well they did last year. Hopefully this year nothing at least we have a short stop, correct, we hope. Number forty four, now that's Eric Davis. We were watching the funeral before. Yes, all what five living presidents were there? One was asleep and their first ladies.
Speaker 9: Yeah, except those two rows, there wasn't much talk.
Speaker 1: It was a little bit like mister Freeze and Batman.
Speaker 2: Well, Kamala Harris looked, tried to not look at Joe Biden sitting next to each other. Well, they did not even exchange glances, bingo. Then you had Bush forty three, would not look at nor interact with Donald Trump.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 1: Then you had al Gore sitting next to dan Quayle.
Speaker 2: Talk about dan quail looks like about nine hundred years old, and al Gore's no spring chicken either. How about Hillary Clinton? She won't talk to anybody. Then you got Joe Biden, who didn't talk to at all to his wife, nor to Kamala Harris Well.
Speaker 9: Michelle Obama had a scheduling conflict, apparently not to be there today. She's on extended holiday vacation in Hawaii. I bet and ex is blowing up today because imagine if that was.
Speaker 1: Malania Trump, media would go nuts. Who wasn't there?
Speaker 2: Mlania was there, but she didn't didn't interact much either. No, she's a viper and other another viper pits it was. It was bad, and so I don't know if body language is not good. No, not good. Those first two rows there, frosty, they could say the least. But I said that if Bill Clinton, Barack Obama, and Donald Trump got together and had a few beers, they'd get along great.
Speaker 1: But you got well Trump and Obama were we're chirping.
Speaker 2: It, I think, and Bill get rid of Hillary, he'd be normal as normal as he gets.
Speaker 1: I don't know what to take.
Speaker 2: Those three are unbelie And then you had Joe Biden fell asleep, and George Bush didn't look so good either. Bush forty three, he's getting old, segm man, he's in his upper seventies. For God's sakes, I'm just saying that that wasn't a friendly out outfit right there.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think they're going to be.
Speaker 2: I don't think they're going to go all together at a dinner party somewhere tonight now. According to Sloan, he thinks they're still terrible on the city streets. According to Jeff Kramerding and a bunch of others, South is at the city with it. Evan Nolan's unhappy. How about getting it done? How about living on Mount Adams right now? No, you can't get on, can't get on. It's like it's like a ski lift, a ski lift to get up there. And would you have we used to be there? Remember how about you going down straight street? Would you go down one of the hills right there? No, you go down sideways?
Speaker 1: I would? I would.
Speaker 2: I would be camping out on the on the in the cold at the Art Academy. He was more incoonfident Karen Bass, the mayor of l A or after have pureval Those are the choices, Karen.
Speaker 1: Both run out of water.
Speaker 2: Can't have water. They're on an ocean. They run in a waterific ocean right next to you. Got rid of the dunk, can't they don't. They take the salt water and make it into clean water desalinization.
Speaker 1: I saw it all the time in Israel that too.
Speaker 2: And also the governor, your good friend, Gavin Newsom, destroyed four dams. They had too many reservoirs, which by the way, kept the smelt fish and some salmon from shall we say, spawning. So they had to get rid of the dams to save water.
Speaker 1: Brilliant.
Speaker 2: And now they get rid of that, they have no water. And then they take the budget of the fire department cut up by seventeen million dollars. Karen Vass is a DDI hire and that one clown out there in a city council or something which climb makes save seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars. She can't under well, they the hydrants went dry. How does that happen. She's the first female fire superintendent in La County. She's making six hundred and sixty seven thousand dollars a year and she runs out of water.
Speaker 1: It's cycle. And I don't know what to tell you.
Speaker 2: How many times have we had rain storms and snow all over California? But everything, everything leaches out in the Sierra up there and feet trucky and that they get. You know, they're up to eighty five feet in snow and that's all gonna melt. Where's that go? In Las Vegas? It leaches out to the Pacific Ocean. They don't save it in dams. Dams are wonderful things because you have lots of fresh water, but not in California. They get rid of the fresh It's that, you know, the smelt fish. I don't know what a shmell it is. You know what a shmell is? I have no idea called chip Hart. Chip Hart would know. He's a little goofy though, but that's all right. He knows everything about tounting and fishing. I'm a little goofy myself said out a that's a mouthful. And tomorrow night segment, how about Texas v Ohio State? In a d aka Dallas, I'm taking Ohio stated that one if they keep playing like this, they could beat the Bengals. But you know what if Ohio State and up winning the national championship, some and many won't be happy in Columbus because of one game Michigan Bingo.
Speaker 1: Ryan Day, is he going to go on and win everything else.
Speaker 9: He went the first college playoff, wins the national championship. But you know what, well, he won the national title, but he lost to Michigan.
Speaker 1: Said one and four against Michigan. Yeah, well not good. Just live with it. And I'm told he's gone no matter what. I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Compared to what it's always people say, get rid of segment. I say, compared to what that's what Sloany says. I defend you all the time, and I say, I don't pay attention to him anyway. And I tell you one thing too.
Speaker 9: Tom Brenneman did an excellent job this morning running running this uh this monster this morning.
Speaker 1: How was he?
Speaker 9: He was rocking and rolling just you know, went went from one thing to the other, traffic, weather together, me over here, over there, went to Washington, did this, did that, went to Jay Ratliffe with the airports. It was unbelievable. Andy mack Well, he's the man who would become Mike McConnell. Is he prepared.
Speaker 1: I don't know. We'll see, they don't know. They know.
Speaker 2: Maybe Scott sloan Tom in for Scott or maybe me.
Speaker 1: He'll be on from not from five am. To three, not me.
Speaker 2: Maybe, oh Brendaman will take my place? Have you thought about that one?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Or maybe afternoon drive with Eddie and the Rock moved Tom in there. There's speculation running amuck. When DJ Hodge puts in Tom Brenahan, It's like, Okay, what's happening here? Could it be overnight? Could it be red Eye with Tom? I'm not sure that would work. I don't know. He loves the truckers speculation segment. See you're telling me you work well with Tom Brenhaman he was, He was up finest morning and got good accolades from everybody.
Speaker 1: How would he be twelve to three every afternoon that? I don't know. With you and the stooge, it'd be a lot less.
Speaker 2: I think stressful because you know you don't do you don't.
Speaker 1: You don't do too much from.
Speaker 2: Twelve to three, that's true, But how about you.
Speaker 1: I'm flecking the Willie wherever. Whatever happens happens.
Speaker 2: A lot of rumors in the in the hallway here, a lot of rumors they're bringing in new talent.
Speaker 1: We don't have any rumors. We don't have any hallways.
Speaker 2: Allways, we got nothing, thank God, I Heart Media bought us. We've got nothing that's for sure. The speculation is running a muck. Where's a muck? A muck is running a monk? I think it's right near U outside of some place in eastern Ohio.
Speaker 1: In speculation, someone is leaving unbeknownst to many. Do you know who? I can't say?
Speaker 2: Could be something if close kid Chris gotta update a crowd and Sarah Elise and the segment with Tom Brenahan on w E B N now and that'd be something.
Speaker 1: Yeah? Would that would be something?
Speaker 5: Tom?
Speaker 2: I'm not sure Tom? Would uh you know, go play a fifteen straight with Metallica about one oh seven point one? Tom, Tom? Have you thought about that one? No, it's possible. You mean Tom Tom and John John John John. We're gonna call it Tom Tom and not John John.
Speaker 1: Where's John John going?
Speaker 2: Got John Tom or Tom John? What about that one? Okay? Go ahead?
Speaker 1: The speculation is a muck is where he fits into that? You got it?
Speaker 2: You got a deck of cards, You got your hand looking at it and just take the ace of spade and stick it somewhere? And where do you stick it? Pull it that reach down and pull it out of your boot?
Speaker 1: Where is he going to be? Segment? I don't know. Shouldn't you find out? I think you'll know before anybody else. What do you know? And when did you know it? Segment? What do you leave it?
Speaker 2: Can't say, can't say? Okay, when the people throw me out? This job is too much fun to do. But when the p I'm gonna say you if you would go, you would you would be driven absolutely berserk at home my wife nuts, thank you nuts. Anyway, He got a point there, all right. Segment is edited in Sports Speculation as a muck. Who's in tomorrow? Is it Tom?
Speaker 1: Or is it Mike? Or is it John? John? John?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: In place that Tom Tom? Wouldn't that be something? Every now and then? You got to shake things up, you know what I'm saying? That would shake it up?
Speaker 1: All right? Shake it up?
Speaker 2: Shake it up, baby, shake it up like see Sarah Lee. Shake things up a little bit more anyway. Segment Give me out the stoo.
Speaker 9: Drink Willy and honor of a beautiful cold day here at the Tri State and snow on the way tomorrow with Ted McKay mixed up, we leave you with the immortal words of the Steward Report.
Speaker 4: What's your contribution going to be? What problems are you going to solve?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: What discoveries will you make?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 2: Well, I discovered once again that no one gets along with any one of these presidential funerals. And if eyeballs for spears, all of them would be dead.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: I mean it's awful to watch them try to interact and not like it at all. And if Trump, when Trump's funeral takes place, one thing is certain segment, each of us will die when that takes place. Will all the other presidents show up and honor Donald Trump?
Speaker 1: I don't know. That would be very interesting.
Speaker 2: How about Jimmy Carter calling Gerald Ford when both were alive, of course, and said, would you do my eulogy?
Speaker 1: Yeah? How about that?
Speaker 2: On condition he said, I'll do your eulogy Jimmy Carter if you do my eulogy. So you had today the son, one of the sons, Jimmy Carter, doing the eulogy for Jimmy Carter written by Gerald Ford, and Ford had a eulogy written by Jimmy Carter.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. Segment that's unbelievable. And could you see maybe Biden doing the eulogy for Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: What are your nuts? I think I am half the time. Let's continue, seg Man. We never stop, We simply continue. But the speculation is rampant. Where we're trotting a muck wherever that is? Where is wherever that is? Where will Tom Brennanman fit in? Because someone will not be here come the fourth of July. I can't say who, but someone will not be here.
Speaker 5: You do wouldn't know anything about it because you haven't been down to see us all summer.
Speaker 3: On might dead.
Speaker 2: I told you there's a there's a hint right there, just a hint.
Speaker 1: Let's continue with more.
Speaker 2: Were talking about Lance Lance? What about forgot about Lance? I always forget about him? How about Tom Brennanman doing sports talk six to nine.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, will that be something?
Speaker 4: Yep?
Speaker 2: Now we got a crisis on seven hundred WLW Bill cunning in the Great American And recently, of course, there was a Sugar Bowl that was a terrible event in which someone driving in F one fifty was an EV which was politically correct right through Boermon Street, killing fourteen people injuring thirty four others, and at that point, the CEO and president of All State before the game started they sponsored the Sugar Bowl, talked about how each of us bear some responsibility for what happened. We have to change the way we're thinking and acting. And I'm thinking to myself, wait a minute, I didn't drive the truck.
Speaker 1: I hate what happened.
Speaker 2: I want to encourage people not to engage in that behavior, no matter what your political stripe is. And there are some very concerned about corporate America's embrace of DEI as other companies are going one direction. I think Costco and All State maybe going another, and Walmart's going to the right direction. But join of you and I now is Bill. He's the founder of American Conservative Values E T. F. Bill Flag, Bill Flag, Welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show. And first of all, let's deal with a positive story. Tell us what Walmart Walmart has announced the last of a few weeks, and how they're going to get back to American values.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Bill, thank you for having me on the show. And yeah, I mean there are you know, I'm an investment manager and we believe that companies you know, that are involved in politics DEI wokeness, you know, they're hurting their shareholders. They're they're misallocating you know, your money, and uh we we want to avoid those kind of companies. The good news, I think it's even greater than just Walmart. But you know, I say, over the last six months, we've seen uh Gear, tractor Supply, Walmart, Microsoft, a bunch of big companies. Are you know, it's it's a little early to see if it's just lip service, if it's real, but they are scaling back their diversity, equity and inclusion programs, which you know had had gone to far. And you know, we just want the best people promoted to the job meritocracy, so you know that in particular is hurts shareholders. So some companies are going in the right direction, but we still are surprised that there are those that you know, just don't want to their captive to the idea or you know, just the managers don't believe in it.
Speaker 2: Now, Bill, going back in time, it used to be everyone has an equal opportunity. You might recall in the seventies and eighties, after the Baki decision of the US Supreme Court, it was a sense that everyone gets an equal opportunity. We all at the starting line together and let's have a race, and the merit determines who gets the better job against the promotion. Can you tell the American people, Bill fleg Is, how did DEI in Wokeness kind of creep into the idea of meritocracy and equality. It's not about equality anymore, it's about equity. Can you explain to the American people the difference.
Speaker 6: Yes, well, in red out to corporate America, I'll gladly talk about it, but uh, you know, just rephrasing your your your point. Yeah, equal opportunity is you know what, what we all believe in equo equity is the same outcome, right, so everybody should get the same outcome. And you know that's socialists or even or or even beyond socialists.
Speaker 3: So some of these ideas.
Speaker 6: Became captive in in corporate America. And some of it is just from pressure. I mean, the these liberal groups and big asset managers like Black Rock. You know, they've been beating on these companies to go this direction. Some of them believe it, some of them are just going to get along. Uh, And there's been no counter there's been no counterbalance until until recently, you know, holding these companies accountable for what.
Speaker 3: Has been a bad practice.
Speaker 2: I look at Costco. They have literally hundreds and thousands of small companies that provide goods and services to Costco. It's you, Jenneprise, and they've done great the market. I was a member of Costco until recently I dropped my membership. But nonetheless, uh, it isn't just the employee or itself. Whether Microsoft's got to have hundreds of thousands of small companies. So the cancer cells, the cancer cells of Wokeness and DEI percolate down to these other companies and suppliers explain what, for example, uh a Costco requires its suppliers to do.
Speaker 1: Who want to do business with Costco?
Speaker 2: Not just Costco itself, but the suppliers explain how those cancer cells are throughout the body politic proliferate.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but when we see that, we see that in the you know a lot of local governments as well. So it's not it's not just you know, employees, it's it's it's there, it's their suppliers. And this is really this goes way beyond corporate America. It's uh, yeah, you want your whole supply chain to meet your diversity requirements as well. And one of our one of our concerns from a little while ago with NASDAQ the nanas deck stock exchange for listing requirements on their exchange, they wanted diversity on the company's board members. That's another place where.
Speaker 3: We're seeing it.
Speaker 6: The board members themselves have to meet diversity requirements.
Speaker 1: And what are they?
Speaker 2: Tony Bender, my producer, may have a quizical look on his face. How does that concrete? Let's say you got fifteen board members and uh, the whoever, I guess, the the shareholders, whatever it is.
Speaker 1: The the CEO.
Speaker 2: We need we need equity, not diverse. We need equity. We don't need equal opportunity. We need equity. What is that in a concrete way? Mean, if you have fifteen board members, how do you slice and dice that?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean it's it's it doesn't make it doesn't make any sense to me. So I'm not sure to that answer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like, Okay, you gotta have seven men, eight women, you gotta have you gotta have someone who's an alternative lifestyle, somebody with a nose ring. I'm watching the other day the first conference of the FBI. After the guy went through Bourbon Street, and the FBI agent had a nosering telling me that this was not terrorism, even though there was an ISIS flag on the truck. And I'm thinking there's or Karen Bass the incompetence she shows in Los Angeles is the mayor and that was another DEI. But the people voted for her. I guess they. I guess they deserve it. But there's so many different racial types, there's so many different LGBTQ plus III types, there's so many Catholics and Presbyterians. We're so diverse, but only certain kinds of minorities get precedents over other minorities. For example, racial categories and sexual orientation get presidents over maybe a married Presbyterian. And that's and that's what's happening I think in corporate I'll give you one other example. The government under Joe Biden put up forty billion dollars to have these charging stations put all over America. Forty billion dollars. But the required the contractors to meet equity requirements, which is, you have to have employees who put up the charging stations of a certain gender or sexual orientation. And up to this point, they spend like fifteen or twenty charging stations instead of one hundred thousand because they can't meet the requirement of the equity demands of the government. And lastly, Bill Flagg, I'll say this here in the state of Ohio, for example, Intel was going to put up a large construction of facility a little bit north of Columbus, Ohio. But in order to work on the project to lay the footers in the foundation to build the roads this deal, every company working on that was required to comply with equity requirements of Joe Biden, and so they couldn't find enough plasterers and drywalls. So the project largely is sitting fallow without much being done because of that. So explain to the American people how it's almost un American to follow DEI principles.
Speaker 6: Yes, well it is, and I think that all the people I'm talking to on your program and to understand that, and we're trying to you know, take it into practice and make sure people's retirement dollars and hard earned money are are not just going into these companies who are working against their values.
Speaker 2: Now, you have a statement here that that says politically conservative investors have the ability to punish or reward companies decisions we do not want to give companies that are eagerly working to destroy conservative values are hard working investment dollars explain that in a practical way.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so you would you had mentioned, you know, you dropped your Costco membership, right, Yeah, which you know that that hurts their bottom line. You are you very likely a lot of your listeners very likely own Costco in their retirement accounts. Yeah, in their four oh one case, these funds that they buy. There's a little slice in Costco. There's a little slice in Starbucks. There's little slice, and Nike to liberal media, all these companies, there's a little slice in there, and they don't they don't have to. Once the once they're aware of that and that they don't have to do it, they'll sell Costco's stock as well. It makes the stock price go down, and then if it goes down enough, they'll get a new CEO. You know. So that's that's a power that we have that I think is largely not not appreciated.
Speaker 2: And one good thing is that Walmart, America's largest employer with one point six million US workers, demonstrates leadership and returning to merit based practices. I want a society based upon merit, hard work, perseverance, fear of God, and love of country. How in a practical way is Walmart doing that?
Speaker 6: Well, you know, it's it's it's a it's a it's a very complex, it's a very complicated company. But it goes to their you know, you know, we have a long history with Walmart and and a lot of it, you know, a lot of it hasn't been good from a conservative perspective. So I think we are going out a little bit on a limb, bringing them back in the portfolio, hoping the company is going in the right direction, but scaling back you know, their diversity requirements and again it is this tremendously large work for us, and they.
Speaker 3: Are showing some leadership.
Speaker 6: So just by taking that out of the equation, focusing more on you know, getting the best people in the job. You know, we think that will put more money in their shareholders pockets.
Speaker 2: And lastly, Bill Flagg ac VF American Conservative Values A fun Boycott's about thirty eight companies representing thirty percent of the S and B. How did the American people get more information about what you're trying to do?
Speaker 3: How do.
Speaker 1: How do we connect?
Speaker 6: Our website is invest Conservative dot com.
Speaker 2: Wonderful Bill Flagg, thank you very much, the founder of American Conservative Values, et cetera. Speaking with a voice, you speak with your pocketbook and actually make sure the companies that you invest in represent American values and not left doing DEI wokeness and Bill Flagg once again, thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show.
Speaker 1: Thank you Bill.
Speaker 6: Thank you Bill as well.
Speaker 2: Let's continue with more and keep your eyes open, because if you want to investor work for a supply company that has values different than your own, that is a factor you have to make and whether or not to be employed or to work in that area. I can only think of the DEI requirements under Joe Biden, which are multitude. It's a geometric what's happened, which is why so much of the gears of government is slowed down because of the requirements of who can be hired, who cannot be hired. So if you're a straight Christian Presbyterian father of three, you have four or five black marks against you before you begin. For example, in Harvard Law, a Asian student scores on average about eighteen to twenty percentile above a black student. But in Harvard they have to have certain DII requirements, so qualified Asians are not selected. And that's the pain. So let's continue with more. Bill Cunningham News Radio seven hundred WW. By the way, the great American loves ae door. Bill Webber and his family do a great a door. I wouldn't note that we should live in a society where merit counts for everything and one's color of skin or sexual predilections means nothing. We worked toward that more perfect union and we're damn close to being there. I'm sure there's individual individual acts of discrimination tither and fro, but it's not dominating the American way of life. But liberals who have gone through the public education in public high schools, some private high schools in college come away with an idea that minorities are like a mascot group that needs to be catered to and exploited for personal gain. The only reason the Democratic Party has as its base African Americans is because the Democratic leadership, like a king Jefferies and Al Sharpton, are paid big money for expressing the viewpoints they hold to hold the individuals in the flock, and that you have to say that they've done a great job of convincing African Americans that Democrats are the resolution of their difficulties. When Democrats, whether it's a civil war or Jim Crow or Khu Kluck's Klan members, they were all Democrats. If Al Sharpton himself says he's a Democrat, he's part of a political party that enslaved his ancestors. But somehow that thing is completely ignored, and that because so many benefits arrived to one if you hold certain political beliefs, especially in corporate America, that's why we have DEI and not equal opportunity. It's equity which is outcome on the other side. So, watching the funeral this morning of Jimmy Carter, Donald Trump, and Barack Obama were famously together, exchanging nice andies, looking into each other's eyes, laughing and having a good old time. Malania Trump was seated at the far end. She didn't interact with hardly anyone whatsoever. But when they arrived the other ones, the Republicans would not look at the Democrats. The Democrats would not interact with the Republicans, and Democrats themselves, like Kamala Harris, would not look twice at Barack Obama or Joe Biden. It's like, what the hell's going on around this place? The lineup of presidents at Carter's funeral shows a moment when Trump and Obama were engaged in rather cordial conversations, snickering and laughing, and Vice President Kamala Harris, who sat in the first row, she's the sitting VP, arrived with a rather solemn look on her face with her first gentleman Doug m hoff husband. They were seated a pew ahead of the former presidents, and at one point she gave a dirty look to Obama for talking with Trump. And at no point did the Clintons interact with Trump at all, nor did Doug m Hall or Joe Biden interact with Trump. They were too busy throwing barbs at each other. What a sniper's pit, What a viper's pit? And segment loves that kind of stuff. And Kamala was visibly angry after seeing Obama talking to Trump and Biden and first Lady Doc Joe Biden arrived last, and they didn't talk to anybody. In fact, Joe Biden sat next Joe Biden sat next to Kamala Harris and you would have thought they were arch enemies, which of course they are. So the Democrats don't like the Democrats. The Republicans. George Bush didn't talk at all to Donald Trump. The Republicans don't talk to the Republicans, and the Democrats don't talk to the Democrats, and the Republicans don't talk to the Democrats or the Republicans. You know what I'm saying. Let's continue two thirty helm your Reds. Let's talk about the Reds A news radio seven hundred at WLW.
Speaker 7: Two sons in the backfield with the quarterback Jones. I'm the Pittsburgh fourteen four man front defensively for Cincinnati. Shotgun snap Jones drops back sets at the four cots.
Speaker 4: His aren't throws down the middle.
Speaker 8: It's an accepted hot Tiving pick Hot Tiving interception DoD test Perfect on the Hessberg hop the twenty five. He's an intercepted for Cincinnati.
Speaker 7: And he's taking the ball up the tunnel with two other teammates bontest.
Speaker 1: Perfect has left the arena with the biggest step of his life.
Speaker 2: Hello, quiet, and I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 1: Brocket.
Speaker 2: The last time Mike tom had won a playoff game, was twenty sixteen. Nine years ago. A guy named Jeremy Hill had to hold onto the ball and not fumble, and the Bengals that run out the clock. Bengals. Bengals beat this deal with guess what. The last time Mike tom Will won a playoff game was nine years ago. Do you recall that?
Speaker 10: I recall the game because it's the only time in my life I have lost sleep over a game I did not play in. I mean, after that, again, one of those perfect intercepts, he goes in the tunnel.
Speaker 1: Worn test perfect?
Speaker 10: Is he still running with the balloff streak of loss of there is.
Speaker 1: Over here we go.
Speaker 10: But all you gotta do is is just hold on the ball, run the clock.
Speaker 1: Could not hold the ball, I mean just first fumbled like five thousand you explain something. One are the odds that you're thinking, It's impossible, And that's what everyone's thinking. It's impossible.
Speaker 10: Happens everybody, whether you are a super football officionado or the very casual fan in that situation like all we win, we win, thinkable or the thinkable happens with the Bengals, it's the thinkable.
Speaker 2: Hold your water on the line that day. The water can't do it. Brad Johansson's Vontaine Berger still alive. I think he's still running with the ball somewhere if I miss something. Coaching somewhere he's coaching, I don't know, probably going to Harrison and coach. Maybe you need him in Harrison her defensive coordinator. But Mike Tomlin, supposedly it's a great coach, hadn't won a playoff game in ninety years.
Speaker 1: He's been there for what forty years?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: They have had Chuck Noll eight to him, right, that's it.
Speaker 2: Coach Bill Cower, Well, yeah, but they had Yeah, but those three long I mean long time coaches since the seventies, right, don't you have to want a playoff game? I guess Marvin Lewis didn't win a playoff. No, And Mike tom he won a Super Bowl though, like Tomlin. But now it's been nine years. Be nice to just get one here, get one before we die. Segment one, Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: They're this close.
Speaker 10: There were a Logan Wilson phantom pass interference call away from.
Speaker 1: When the Super Bowl. They weren't going to let that happen. Did that happen?
Speaker 2: Go to the Super Bowl and they had a beat until the laundry came out until Vegas stepped in. Vegas stepped in and said, wait a minute, now, what about von tees perfect?
Speaker 1: Is he with us? I'm looking up right now. I don't know where's going? Where is he? I don't know.
Speaker 10: Maybe he's not anywhere. He's got to be coaching like a high school team. What about pac Man? You see he's here in town. He's got arrested again. Didn't he He has forty seven lives. You can't kill that guy.
Speaker 1: Didn't he just get arrested or something?
Speaker 2: I believe he did a football did he Well, he was at a bowl game or something.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 10: Something he just Pagmine Jones. I love him, knowing him very very well.
Speaker 1: Great.
Speaker 10: He needs to swear off alcohol because that is the root what is the common denominator and a lot of his issues.
Speaker 2: Alcohol, alcohol, firewater. Can't have it, can't have it, can't do it.
Speaker 10: You gotta be discipal enough to say, as much as I enjoy this, enjoy good for my life?
Speaker 2: Is it caused him good stuff for bad stuff to happen?
Speaker 1: It's all bad.
Speaker 2: What happens good when you're drinking a lot of what happened, Give me a good thing. I guess you get nothing. I mean, I don't know nothing. Not feeling you get, but feeling that.
Speaker 1: He's kicked off planes. That's not good. Is it kicked off a plane? CVG. Hopefully he's doing okay. I like him.
Speaker 10: He's a very sweet side. He loves Alex t loves him. Got to stay away from the fire, from the.
Speaker 1: Firewater SEGM man, give me some sports.
Speaker 9: Well leave the stude reporters apro service of your local Temestar heating and air conditioning dealers. Temestar quality you can feel in beautiful Western hills called Durban Heating and Cooling at five one three five eighty four forty nine or go to Durbin Heating at Cooling dot com.
Speaker 2: I before either, I'm talking to Rocky off the air about Tom Brenneman this morning, and I made a suggestion to the segment, this is shake up coming, and a segment said twelve to three, Tom Brenneman is going to be here, and I said, what not?
Speaker 1: Yes you did?
Speaker 10: What if you what if he went twelve to three and then you just said all hell with it and took over five to nine.
Speaker 1: No, just no, you could Where do you live from here? Yes?
Speaker 2: You can still getting up yo. One of our producers said, you could go. I live right there. Can you get here? I said, well, I can get there. I can walk there if you get up at ten to five and be here by five tail not doing it?
Speaker 3: Not?
Speaker 1: Would you do it? What about you rock? I'm up with that time anyway?
Speaker 2: But so Dj Hodge, should I talk to him on your behalf sa?
Speaker 10: I heard it was going to be the someone in s or elease mornings and ease your guy kid Chris Brennerman and Elise. You know big K Kid Chris is a big fan of yours. Kid Chris yellous. You went that he he didn't go to notre day. Yeah, and kid Chris maybe takes overtalk and then Lace mcdowiser drops from nine to noon, fifteen nine to noon.
Speaker 1: What about twelve to three am?
Speaker 10: I Internet, Well, when you when you leave in seventeen or eighteen years.
Speaker 1: Would you leave?
Speaker 10: It's just gonna be I remember when you did that you love this. I remember when Jim Scott announced he was retiring you. I mean every day it was the whole rumor mill playing out live on these very airwaves. Correct, I know some things, you know somethings. What about origins to midnight? Nighttime is the bright time? According to Dusty, I enjoyed doing nights Red Eye. I'd love doing nine pm to midnight. Why do we take things up? Everybody switch? Wuldn't it be something.
Speaker 1: Just for a day? That's yeah? Did we do that? I did that? Didn't No?
Speaker 2: Right one nineteen ninety nine when I seized power here in a bloodless coup, I switched everything up.
Speaker 1: Sure, people nuts? I like that.
Speaker 2: So you would do nine pm to midnight or three to six, or how about six to nine or both? How about five am to nine or nine? How about doing it.
Speaker 1: All six to midnight? Rock there you go? Would you do that? No?
Speaker 9: Bengals update brought to you by Good Spirits Wide and Tobacco and Party Town.
Speaker 1: But something is gonna happen soon up this morning.
Speaker 2: I'm just that's a second shown Tom Brennanman and say stay on the bench.
Speaker 9: Quarterback Joe Burrow has been named the AFC Defensive Player of the Month for the regular season games played in December and January nine.
Speaker 1: And sixteen.
Speaker 2: TDS Ridiculous lou Anarumo fired Monday, I set to interview with the Indianapolis Colts. What about that one of my next Tuesday? And about that for the DC job or like a linebacker job the Northern Division and take Baltimore and put him in the South. I want Baltimore out. I want the Colts in. That'd be a good thing for the Cincinnati Pittsburgh That's what I want. Can I get that done?
Speaker 10: Well, let's kick out Cleveland, or well, let's kick out Pittsburgh and put the Jaguars in.
Speaker 1: Jaguars or the Jets. The Jets.
Speaker 2: We think the Bengals are bad, not even close. How about New York Sports Fan? No, not even the Jets. Just care about headline?
Speaker 10: I mean, are they Is it real that they're considering hiring Rex Ryan again?
Speaker 1: I think they just want to create headline. I don't know if they care about whining love the president.
Speaker 10: The Giants are the best the presidents in the Trump and Obama yucking it up, I mean, Hitler, excuse me, are yucking it out and loving it and no one cares.
Speaker 1: And then then turns around there, oh, look at this, he's shaking the hand. He had a revolver in her hands.
Speaker 2: She would have shot Obama first, and then Trump and missus Pence nothing. Karen was not happy Ice, I'm ready to have.
Speaker 1: Trump. We look at. Didn't do too much talking about to anybody either.
Speaker 2: And Michelle was in Hawaii. She wouldn't come in. I didn't sign up for this.
Speaker 10: So let's see sign you spreads in magazine, your favorite.
Speaker 9: Your favorite, first Lady rock. Michelle Obama had a scheduling conflict. She's on an extended vacation in Hawaii is more important.
Speaker 1: Trump's been there for a month. But she didn't looks graceful, wonderful, smart.
Speaker 2: And look, Bush does not look at Trump, and Trump doesn't look at Bush.
Speaker 1: But Trump.
Speaker 2: If you took Bill Clinton, Obama and Trump, you gotta get Bill away from Hillary.
Speaker 1: Look at that look. Oh, I love it, Like God, I'm gonna I'm jumping. I'd like him jump over and just go after.
Speaker 2: Just let Kamala jump go over and go get Barack, just get him and then have Biden try to separate him. He wouldn't know which one to hit. He hates them both. President hates Obama and hates hates Kamala.
Speaker 10: Now I think he would strangle Kamala first. Yeah, Jill Biden would definitely go.
Speaker 2: Have your Kamala first asleep, Thank god, I don't know. And there's Jimmy gave away the Panama Canal, complete the strain.
Speaker 1: We're getting the back. You heard that, getting all with Greenland. We're getting that too.
Speaker 10: America, Golf of Trump, get it all. Manifest destiny. I used to do what America lived by manifest destiny. Give us all second. If not, we're gonna take it by hostile force. Who built it?
Speaker 2: We built it, gave it away twenty thousand deaths from the Chinese running. Now Chinese are running it. And what if Kamala had won and she would be in charge of for the next eight years? Wor of America? Be Bernie, how about all that? You can't find all.
Speaker 10: Those dres out there? D I sounds great? Into your house burns down. Then it's like and.
Speaker 1: You see the police chief out there?
Speaker 2: Female, Yeah, six hundred and eighty five thousand dollars a year, completely incompetent.
Speaker 1: Karen bass is in Africa. She comes back, fire.
Speaker 10: Chief christ and Crowley you know, gets in, you know, wins the jobs.
Speaker 1: You know they going back.
Speaker 10: Oh, we got a there's only one hundred women in a squad of thirty five hundred, no water, all of that.
Speaker 1: It sounds like a good thing.
Speaker 10: It sounds important until your house burns down.
Speaker 2: So they just had a picture of Bush forty three walking into the aisle and uh, he looks. He kind of looks at Trump and doesn't turn around and goes and sits down.
Speaker 1: Trump's gotta love all this. And he won. He got the ultimate I am winning is the ultimate.
Speaker 2: Two you, You and you there they are right there they are. And Obama got much fewer votes than Trump got. I looked it up hill two and twenty million votes at elections. He got seventy four million.
Speaker 1: We figured out how Biden got what was it? How many?
Speaker 10: One eighty one million? Which is how many more million votes than thirteen million more than Obama. Obama the most popular democratic historic election of all time.
Speaker 2: It was all fair that happened, didn't we looking at that? Don't ask the question you're an election denier. Yeah, you're denying the election. I want to know who's going to be aware come summer of this year, will you consider doing five am to nine or will it be six to nine pm.
Speaker 10: That's not good either, Well, sixty nine Lance does six to nine unless he's going to go five to nine.
Speaker 2: Say get rid of him with Sarah elease a lease? I mean Lance would have a heart attack with her. He would you would about Sarah? That sounds you can sell seg yeah, yeah, or Sarah and seg like you.
Speaker 1: Guys like Indians now or something. I'm just saying there's a change.
Speaker 4: It rolls off.
Speaker 2: The changes are coming, is what I'm saying. Yeah, changes are coming. By summer Rock. Do you agree? Yes, changes are coming.
Speaker 1: Let's get back to the reality college football to night.
Speaker 9: It's the first of two national playoff semi finals.
Speaker 1: I wish I did Orange Bowl in Miami. This sight Penn State because John Shaefer went Tomorrow High school. I like him. Here's the end of the game. You don't know the key of the game to be the key points.
Speaker 10: Jeremiah Love, in my opinion, the best running back in college football.
Speaker 1: He's got a knee injury. Jeremiah Love, Yes, a running back? You know kid Chris made this, says ring Tom, and changes are coming? What about John? John and Tom Thomas.
Speaker 10: Got a knee injury. He was wearing a brake that look good in the b roll. They showed a practice here. Penn State wins no tomorrow night.
Speaker 9: It's a cotton bowl d Ohio State University versus the long Horns of Texas will be though be in the house.
Speaker 10: Beat them by by double digits. Nobody's playing better than the Ohio State.
Speaker 1: Right now except the Bengals.
Speaker 10: They got the best players, and usually the best players win the games.
Speaker 9: Red's Update The Reds reaching agreement today to avoid arbitration with closer Alexis Das four and a half million, newcomer Brady Singer eight point seven to five mill? How much infielder Gavin Lux three point three, Jake the Stake Freeley three point one, Nick Lodolo one point nine? What what to avoid arbitration?
Speaker 1: Million?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 1: McLean? Is he healthy? That's my guy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, something is wrong. Why do you go get this guy? If you got McLean, I think the shortstop is secured. Maybe it's third base Martina Brey. What about Cees? I don't know, got next first base? Extra one in the first base, Cyes? Who's gonna play second?
Speaker 1: McLean? Are you sure.
Speaker 9: McClean can play any who's gonna play short? De la Cruzia? Don't them in center coming like you what we've talked about that put him in center. Go down and talk to Tito.
Speaker 1: I wanna talk to him. What about Marte? Will he be ready? I don't know.
Speaker 2: Hopefully off, Hopefully he's off the stuff. All I can say is, changes are coming. Give me play some music. Change gonna come.
Speaker 1: Who was it who sung that? That was? What's just guy? That was changes coming? God? That was shot in the hotel room.
Speaker 10: Answers are blowing in the wind that I'm just saying, change You're gonna come?
Speaker 1: Segment. I was born by the road.
Speaker 3: Do you keep.
Speaker 1: It's like a little river.
Speaker 2: You're gonna keep on run. I'll tell you what changes are coming. It's gonna be Bob. How about Tom, Tom and John John together together along with Sarah? What about Tiff in the morning? Move her around a little bit. She's got some talent, move her around. I want to know where rock's gonna land. Just saying what about Ed Eddie? Ed might go back?
Speaker 1: An wouldn't that.
Speaker 9: John Patrol the recreated man, Here we go. You say it we play at thirtyday change good song?
Speaker 1: Here we gotta change. You gotta have changed every ten or fifteen years. Spice it up. I threw that by my wife. She didn't necessarily agree, but she don't like it. No, don't like you're doing mornings something. Who's this Ario Speedway?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Come on, I want to ask me. I don't know that was like Billy Joy are speedwriter? Yeah, it's Ario Speedway? And you ignorant or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm ignorant.
Speaker 2: All of us are stupid about different things, and you're real stupid. You're not a very serious person. I love you, Dearly segment, but you're not as serious.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 4: I feel the same way.
Speaker 1: You gotta get your family together and say rock a little right. Bring the pebbles down there. They got to run around. I love you. Hold on, you're ready to hit it, hit it. It's the next verse.
Speaker 9: Well, we want to say a happy birthday to one of our own today. Willie Promotions Director Extraordinary Katie Walters has a birthday today.
Speaker 1: I was fifty nine. Uh geez, I forty nine. Close, but no cigar.
Speaker 2: She is an American soldier for her son, and I respect her for that for no other, no other reason. I met her son. He's in the military. I like that kid unknown on age unknown. Women don't care about segment segment.
Speaker 1: You're not a very serious person, dearly, but you're not as serious?
Speaker 9: Okay, Okayly Calvey Productions paused of the price is right.
Speaker 1: I was going to go on that show later this year.
Speaker 2: Wait, Rock was on the Big Show today other than maybe this afternoon. Maybe Gary Burbank's coming back.
Speaker 10: Is that I was I did a spy to do a call in for a serious for uh and the guy comes on and goes, we were for l W Remember Gary Burt. I'm like, of course, Rember, you used to do the what's the character? I'm like, which one? Gilbert and Rley? You know, Earl pitch, Earl PIDs. So we talked about that instead of college football for never No, but change is gonna come.
Speaker 1: I was born. Answers are blown in the wind Sake River.
Speaker 2: In a little tent just like the river I've been running ever since. What never mind Rock Show?
Speaker 10: Today, We've got Dave Hatter right out of the gate and talk about how AI is helping terrorist actions out there. Apparently the terrorist guy in in New Orleans like types into AI, like how to create a mass casualty event and they get any answer. You're gonna talk about that fitness guy PJ. Street at four o'clock talking about we want to kick off the.
Speaker 1: New year healthy, wealthy, and wise. How do you do that? Changes? Changes?
Speaker 10: Got Jason Hoffman five talk about all the betting lines for tonight's game among many the NFL.
Speaker 1: Action save it is about two or three points today. It's pretty close two and a half. Two and a half, not that I'm looking at that. Uh seg. Give me out of the stooge, will you?
Speaker 9: And honor of a cold day here at the Tri State and snow on the way with Ted McKay.
Speaker 2: We leave you with the immortal words of the Stooge Report and along those lines.
Speaker 7: By the way, I hope all of you are washing your hands a lot.
Speaker 1: It's the most important thing.
Speaker 2: Michelle's in Hawaii washing her hands with the whole deal, and it's nothing to do with Jimmy Carter or any of these people. She's not coming back to this season. Only smart one on seven hundred WLW