Speaker 1: Time for rock News on one oh one one double JRR, Orlando's rock station. Let's check in with Lynch Hintaco and see which rockers are making the headlines for all the right and wrong reasons. One O one one double JRR.
Speaker 2: All right, Rock News has brought to you this morning by Fairwe's Credit Union. All Right, we have had a few of you ask what the keyword was this hour for the Rock the Bank thousand dollars giveaway. You might have missed that. You still get about a half hour to enter.
Speaker 3: Pay that's pay Enter it at WJRR dot com. Remember if your phone ring ringten's next hour, answer it.
Speaker 2: We do this hourly Rock the Bank one thousand dollars cash giveaways and would encourage you to enter each hour. All right, let's begin with this story David Draymond of Disturbed making a statement following a rather ugly incident at this past weekend's Glastonbury Festival in England by British rappers Bob the Land.
Speaker 4: Very disgusting.
Speaker 2: They led the crowd in Chance calling for the death to the Israeli military during their set. Let me read what Draymond had to say. Will point out if you didn't know David Drayman is Jewish, Okay, says, I just wanted to speak my mind a little bit about the events of this past weekend. No one should ever use any stage at any festival anywhere in the world to incite hatred and violence against anyone. I think it's disgusting. I think it's irresponsible and contrary to the whole reason people get together at these festivals to begin with. He then went on to say, more importantly, just from a human perspective, what exactly do you really think you're going to achieve here? You know, death to the IDF. Every citizen of the State of Israel has to serve in the military, every citizen. So you're saying that the majority of world Jews should die, should be killed, that's what you're saying. Good luck with that. I'm not sure what you want what you're trying to achieve, other than virtue signaling and instant fame that this selling of Jew hatred has seemed to gift everyone with these days.
Speaker 3: Complete piece of garbage is what that rapper was.
Speaker 4: Two of them. Bob Vaalan is the name of the duo.
Speaker 2: Obviously, the big event coming up this weekend is Back to the Beginning the final performance of the original lineup of Black Sabbath. We will have some passes for you to enjoy the live stream. We'll give those away at the end of the show during attention pays. We've got those all week.
Speaker 4: Jake E.
Speaker 2: Lee, who was one of Ozzy's guitar players over the years in Ozzie's solo projects, he's going to be there. First off, he'll be one of the artists. It'll be there. But in a related or unrelated story, Remember he got shot last year in October, him and his dog. I mean, I was going to ask you about that. I thought he's the one that got popped. Yeah, he got shot when he interrupted a couple of thieves who are trying to steal his motorcycle. Those two shooters are going to be sentenced this.
Speaker 4: Week to see what they'll end up getting there.
Speaker 2: The gun that was used was tied to two previous murders and both suspects are going to be sentenced, so that's be interesting to see what they end up have happening. In the run up to the Back to the Beginning events, the founding members of Sabbath were awarded the freedom of the City of Birmingham at a ceremony this past Saturday. The Freedom of the City honor is the one is one of the oldest traditional ceremonies in the country and recognizes people's exceptional service to the city. In the case of Black Sabbath, they're being honored for their significant contributions to the cultural and music identity of Birmingham and their strong association with the city and continued influence as pioneers of heavy metal in both Birmingham and around the world.
Speaker 4: Bes that they should.
Speaker 2: And speaking of which, an estimated three hundred thousand people obviously not all of them going to fit into the stadium for the festival this weekend, but there's about three hundred thousand people who are gonna be in and out of the Birmingham area this weekend just to be part of the activities that are going on. They're guessing or approximating that about twenty seven million dollars boost to the local economy as a result of this event.
Speaker 4: I'd say at least pretty cool. Yeah, pretty cool. I can't wait.
Speaker 3: I was looking at the lineup again yesterday, like obviously we've talked about this for a while, but looking at that lineup.
Speaker 4: I was like, this is gonna be awesome.
Speaker 2: I'm not quite sure how the whole thing's gonna roll out. I don't know if bands are gonna be doing full sets or you know, a few songs each. And I think each of the bands or artists is going to cover a Sabbath tune. I think that's being determined in advance. But other than that, and exactly how many songs Sabbath ends up playing or Ozzie from his solo years. From what I understand, Ozzy will be in a seated situation because he's he's got a lot of medical constraints that he's dealing with. He's going to do his best. One more Ozzi related note for rock News this week. Remember I told you about those Liquid Death cans that were sold, the limited number containing Ozzy's DNA. Yeah, Travis Barker from Blank one eighty two bought.
Speaker 4: One of them.
Speaker 2: Want to let everyone know that he's in possession of one of those good for you trapping trap.
Speaker 3: Hey back to Ozzy and sitting down totally understood, get it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Is he borrowing a Grolls chair the throne? Yeah, there was talk of that. I don't know let's see Axel Rose used that too, man mm hm.
Speaker 2: Told you about this a while back. Now it's happening. The Scorpions biopic will be due this fall. They announced the actors who will be portraying the members of the band. I've really never heard any of these guys, but again, you know me. I'm not real good with actors name and faces. But they are looking to have this out this fall as the band celebrates their sixtieth anniversary as a band. This is kind of random. Sammy Hagar was in Charlotte last week to open another one of his Sammy's Beach Bar and Grill locations. Guess where this one's located. I don't know, Concourse D of the Charlotte Douglas International Airport.
Speaker 4: That's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: The Sammy's Beach Bar and Grill in a landlocked city in an airport concourse.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, hey, let's go get the red rocker Roumin exactly green days, Billy Joe Armstrong joined the Sex Pistols with Frank Carter for Anarchy in the UK at the Tons of Rock Festival at Oslo, Norway.
Speaker 2: You can see video of that on our website if you didn't see it yet. And if you haven't spotted the new Walmart commercial, they're utilizing the Who's who are you for a new promotion that they're doing.
Speaker 3: Okay, you know what that Green Day and is with belly Joe. It'ld have been cool if he just stayed in the UK. Sax much hate as he spews over here.
Speaker 2: Saxon singer Biff Biford undergoing an emergency procedure, the band having to suddenly cancel all ten of their summer shows, many of which were festival appearances. This has had numerous issues with heart related stuff and has had some past procedures. They haven't spelled out exactly what's going on here, but they said this is an emergency situation, so all of us Saxon's activities have been canceled at this point. And one more interesting thing to share here AI hater, Yes you call Taco Bob. There is what appears to be an AI generated band that already is getting half a million monthly streams for several albums that they put out over the course of two weeks. The band is called The Velvet Sundown. Two full length records in a single month, with a third on the way this month, this rapid rise would be impressive on any level. Right, what's going on here? Well, if you look into this, the Velvet Sundown, you'll see it appears to be like a regular, you know, psychedelic, hippie, feel good folk type thing. It appears to all be AI generated. There is no kind of social or any kind of legit path of any of these guys who are named as members of the band. It can't find any information about any of them. I'm telling you it's bad news.
Speaker 4: Eh, it's so. It's what it's got to now.
Speaker 3: In music, all these bands that gritted out night in, night out, and there's you know, a crappy club, and then work their way up to be great.
Speaker 4: You can't bake it, fake it, man, and then this comes out. Are you disgusted talking? Yeah? Okay, right now, it's all right. Just be sure. There's your rock news for this week. Orlando's Rock one w J A R R. Orlando's rock station j R R j R