Speaker 1: I have sat here and we have a lot of great clients on this show and had to talk about like your worst case scenario, right Like for the Greensboro audience, we have Emergency Restoration Experts, which is just a company when your whole life gets turned upside down. Basically you get they come in, they're getting a special plug, but they're they're on point, and and you're like, like for flood and water damage or horribleness, We've got great roofing companies. Ross I can't remember all the endorsements that he does all of that stuff, but man, you know you're reading that at to the back of your by. I'm like, I hope I don't. I don't need to call these guys out again or the first time or whatever it is.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: And I'm sitting there, sitting there yesterday. I'm not sick, but I came to the realization that perhaps the the wind and the rain and everything else may have compromised some of my house. So that was my morning yesterday. So and just finding this out now, although I'm sure Ros's made up a fanciful story of me being at the DNC or something. Can you imagine being is it Raskin's Jewish. I'm trying to remember who's all Jewish who spoke yesterday, having to weed through the sea of those folks. That is straight up, and I did pull a list here that is straight up like an anti Semitic protest. At this point, I know not everyone there is that. Some people are just like I'm a Democrat and I want you to I want universal whatever. All right, I probably disagree with you, but we can talk about it. But man, I was looking at those crowd shots yesterday, not a fan of not a fan of Israel. And I remember one of the things that and I've talked about this that I that was really interesting to me. The first it was the RNC was the first of these I've covered. I've been to two rn CS, one DNC. Oh boy, what fascinated me is I walked around. I spent a lot of days just walking around talking to protesters, and for the most part, they'll engage with you, or they would then they would engage with you, and you know, there was like, let's see, this was McCain was the first one I went to. So you know, this is right in the middle of Iraq, Afghanistan. There's a lot of that stuff. Okay, there's a lot of you know, typical policies that politicians debate.
Speaker 3: But man, you had to go out of your way to really.
Speaker 1: Find the lunatics, because the lunatics are generally over by the state capitol fighting police or with their little anarchist collectives, with their their own they have their own like medical team. They have like little red tape crosses on them, and they just carry around milk of magnesia to dump in your eyes when you inevitably get pepper sprayed. I had. There was a dude I interviewed who was protesting for the US's non involvement in the reunification of Ireland. Okay, good on you, sir. He was actually a lot of fun to talk to. That being said, I don't know that I'd go stick a microphone in the face of the protesters out there up in Chicago. Man, I mean, you want to talk about a bunch of rabbid individuals, and I'm sure it's not all of them, but holy hell, you didn't have to look far. Last night's funeral was well attended and I can think of nothing else to call it. They eulogized Joe Biden before wheeling him out at what like midnight?
Speaker 3: Like midnight?
Speaker 1: Who was putting that schedule together and thought to themselves, all right, so where do we where do we stick captains sundown? I don't know how about at the end? It was what mid I didn't stay up to watch it. I was watching it, this White Ross. I'm assuming you didn't stamp and watch that whole thing last night. I had to ask. I had to ask, all right, no, who thought to put it there? Who's like, yeah, no, no, no, here's what we want to Well stick them at the very end, I'm sure won't be a problem at all. And you know what turned into a little bit of a problem. So we got a bunch of sound for you. We'll get to that. Uh, let's see here. Oh that's good, all right, Oh we'll feel we get to the sound here in the next segment, because I want to run a few of these in a row.
Speaker 3: Also, Ross, you have willed.
Speaker 1: Into existence the next great beef among presidential contenders.
Speaker 3: Did you realize this?
Speaker 1: I have never I had never talked about a runza until what like a week ago, and then we had to figure out what that is. If you don't know what a Runza is, and I'm sure most people don't. I still have no idea what it.
Speaker 4: Is now the solicit So this comes across my timeline over the weekend. I'm like, well, if you ever need any more proof, yes, that we are in a simulation. That's it. And how often this has happened on this show, like all the time? Oh yeah, picked everything, dude, We'll just bring up something random and then it's in the news like some politicians bringing up for some reason. Please, how many of you ever thought we'd talked about a Runza again unless you went on a trip to Omaha, right, And and by the way, you have to know the history of Runza, which these guys aren't giving you.
Speaker 3: Ross gave you.
Speaker 1: The history of Runza. Runza used to didn't used to sell Runza's.
Speaker 3: What was it about?
Speaker 4: Either that or I'm old in my mind is conflating one rest another.
Speaker 3: I checked your work.
Speaker 1: It clearly is whoever took over this literally, whether they acquired the other franchise, because I had I had gone to this place and I looked up and it's in It's in the same spot, but it was under different ownership. So I'm assuming the Runza expanded and bought out the Italian place. That would make sense. That being said, a ronza is a hot pocket, which should be fighting words in the streets of omahah. But I don't care. It's arguably a better hot pocket. I've eaten these before. I've eaten because I was in Minnesota for eight years. If there is a Germanic dish that can be baked, the Germans will eat it and then they'll then bring it to the Lutheran church. That's Minnesota. We do barbecue. North Carolina we do barbeque. They do hot dish, and I've had some really good hot dish. I think I'm ah, I think I'm.
Speaker 3: Going with barbecue.
Speaker 1: So that being said, so now that's like the Great Battle. I'll bring up to speed on this. But we have willed into it. You know what we should do, ross We should use our powers for good, maybe willing to exist in some limited government or something something, or at the very least uh uh, if we can get them talking about olive garden.
Speaker 3: Do you think all.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you, I'm I'm not even lying. I saw that in my feed, like I saw the news with the walls saying that crap and I'm like, you've got to be kidding me, Like, what are the odds of that He's.
Speaker 1: Listening to the show all the time.
Speaker 3: This happens all the time.
Speaker 1: You know, all these guys listen, they won't admit it, all right, So I just for it. Just to be clear, the definition of a runza is a yeast dough bread pocket filled with ground beef, cabbage, sour crown, onions, and seasonings. Doesn't have to be all but any of the above. That's a hot pocket. I don't even remember what we were talking about. You asked me, like, what is the worst fast food restaurant I ever went to?
Speaker 2: Whatever?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't even remember what the topic what? And I just said runs And then we did the whole segment on ronza. Yeah, like week one, week two segments.
Speaker 1: I checked it when we came back and we're like, yep, no this this this so ah so is now Walls is dunking on.
Speaker 4: There's something that said I have it that I have a gift.
Speaker 1: It's mostly you though, and then people with a fake Big Boon beer in their profile. So I don't know, we're gonna need a double blind study. On the bride side, it's kind of poor food, and if he gets his way, you're gonna need it.
Speaker 3: So well, we'll get to that. Lieutenant governor.
Speaker 1: Minnesota used to have a really really good relationship with Tim Pleenni's lieutenant governor.
Speaker 3: She was a woman who.
Speaker 1: Really loved to hunt and fish, like a lot more than your typical politician. She was really good at it, and she was like northern womens northern Minnesota, had the.
Speaker 3: Fargo accent and just just.
Speaker 1: A really great, really great lady. But she was not really political. I had not gotten to know. I know, she's I know that's weird to say lieutenant governor. She was political in like her small her smaller stuff that she would do, and so it was kind of surprising that Tim brought her in. I thought she was great, but she understood the job. Lieutenant governor is not to be the political pistol whipper the whole time either or sometimes it is to be. And they run together in Minnesota, so it's a little different. I am. So this lady is an absolute joe, this Peggy flanagain. I was just I was reading up on her. So I want to be a little more educate. We have a cut that's not really super political. It's kind of funny, but holy hell, how times have changed. All right, six sixteen, we'll dive into the cesspool. Next, Hang on, did they breath? They breached the fence all round. You can't breach the fence on the first day because here's the deal.
Speaker 3: And I mean this seriously, you absolute lunatics.
Speaker 1: It's the anticipation, it's the going back to that the McCain RNC. And it was interesting to be here because it was held in the city of Saint Paul, and I was living in the city.
Speaker 3: I could walk there.
Speaker 1: It was I lived like four blocks from this mayhem, which is great when you're gonna you want to go watch a hockey match, go watch a hockey match, and you just pop on over boom, there you go four blocks. When it is infested the entire downtown, it's just pandemonia.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: But when you're in the bit.
Speaker 1: As I am, that's fun. And every single day there was games what are we gonna do? How are we gonna screw with them? And and they would throw feces and urine on delegates through bus windows and now all the buses and it was warm. Remember this is August pretty warm in Minnesota, so they start, you know, they start throwing that. So now all the people in the buses they have to have all the windows up and and even then they're leaving like random protesters or leaving backpacks against the fence. Just leave a backpack there. You would not understand the level of mayhem that causes, because now you have this event that tens of thousands of people are trying to stream into, and you've essentially closed off half the security perimeter. So you know, they go ahead, and they go ahead and do all this insanity, and then every day it's like, what are they going to get in? How are they going to get in? And then slowly some of them would get in, and it was really crazy. And this hasn't talked about enough. They would have they'd get them and they would have credentials for like MSNBC and stuff, and they were guests, so they had these credentials because they had their little stages set up. MSNBC, CNN, Fox all had their broadcast inside, but they also had like a big outside broadcast, and that's where a lot of it what happens. You'd have the crowd stuff. They won't do it now they all sit in there with the green screen for obvious reasons.
Speaker 3: So they would sit in there, and.
Speaker 1: They would sit in there, and if they needed somebody to come in and.
Speaker 3: Guess they could. They really had this pretty.
Speaker 1: Limitless supply of guest credentials, which I don't understand how any of that works, considering all the crap we had to go through. And one night, I can't remember who was speaking, all of a sudden, a bunch of women are standing in the crowd screaming, and they were it was Code Pink who had gotten their hands of like twenty credentials. All right, but that's not a fence breach, that's an infiltration, if you will. But eventually, as the week went on, the anticipation of everyone, there are they going to get through the fence? That was a constant. Everyone was talking about that. Like I came through the security it was the East security perimeter, and that was why I would come in. So then I had to walk all the way around them, very lazy, and people would be like, yeah, I don't I don't want to come in through there. They're screaming, and some guy tried to run in, and so that was what people were talking about but it was like the set, it was the Vice, it was the Sarah Palin day when the women got in, and that's who they were screaming at. That's four days into this thing, decision turn way hold on, not so yesterday they went to rite at it. All right, it's pretty innocuous what they're screaming there. Whose streets are streets? I mean, it's not innocuous because they're essentially challenging the security of the of the whole thing. That being said, you do it on day one, and they're just gonna move you back. They reset the perimeter and it looks like they expanded it a little over there, and eventually now you're not gonna be able to scream like a lunatic at the people you want to scream at. You know, for all the stuff that was going on with the r n C, I would make a point actually to go in through the vip entrance for a couple of reasons.
Speaker 3: One, the line was a little short.
Speaker 1: You never knew who you were going to stand next to in line, and that was the day Jeb Bush cut everyone in line, and so I instantly hated him. But also it's where the streamers would line up, so if you wanted to see the craziest, did have them there, and they weren't fifty yards away. I you know, in today's modern age, I wonder if that you can get with him fifty yards most of these cats at any of these things, and so.
Speaker 3: They would just screen. And then it was also.
Speaker 1: The most of the protesters were, you know, on message. They pretty much had one thing. But every now and then you'd get somebody who clearly is a guy that you would want to go to a sporting event with if he was going to trash talk the team playing your team, because they had a bunch of doozies. And then what was funny if somebody throws something in there and it was clearly an insult and like Bob Dole or somebody standing in line, and then Bob Dole would laugh, right, And I look at that lighthearted, and I remember that being a really crazy. It was one of the craziest situations I was ever in just walking the streets with those lunatics, the violent ones, not the guy hold the Irish sign. And yet there was still this little bit of cut up that was happening there. It was so weird to me, But it also shows you how fake politics is. So yeah, I did see a lot of the Lizard person ing stuff, people putting that stuff around. I can never tell if people are joking or not. There was I don't even know this woman is. It doesn't matter. This woman is a redheaded woman who was speaking at the DNC. I call her name up, but that's not where we're doing it. Like there's superclips of her going around because she's like, I don't know how to describe it other than like a snake.
Speaker 4: With her tongue.
Speaker 1: And it's obviously just a tick that she has. But man, you throw a tongue tick into the mix of politics these days and you're on team Lizard person there, So I don't know, ross do you think it was. That's a little weird to do with your face while you're talking. Some people have different ticks, I guess. And then she ate that fly and I'm like, well, what's happening. But you didn't need to look any further than that. You just had to hold out to the very end. Pulled out to the very end, you're gonna get treated with the commander in chief, So you know the deal. They come in at the beginning like, hey, how you doing. Hey, I know you're all here for me and some other stuff. I'll see you guys end of the week. And then they pop down do their thing and then come back and then then that's one of the big speeches. Well, they wheeled Biden in and it's midnight, folks. Remember this is a guy where most of the stuff that they have him do is during the day because if not eventually, then it's the it's the debate. Now, granted he's not got well I shouldn't say that. He's probably gonna have people screaming at him. I guarantee you protesters are gonna interrupt while you're speaking.
Speaker 3: The DNC they always do.
Speaker 1: So, so he comes out and let's just say, if this is a reflection of what we're gonna get, let's do this thing.
Speaker 5: Turning, Robie Wade, did you heard earlier tonight the United States Supreme Court majority wrote the following quote, Women are not without electrical were not allowed. There's not without electoral electoral what.
Speaker 6: Or political power.
Speaker 1: Now, keep in mind, since he's not getting the nomination, and whatever he does later this week to set up Kamala won't have to be a long speech, but it's still going to be at the end of the night, and I, you know what, I have a question, is he going to I mean, traditionally, if you're the outgoing president, you're handing over the reins you're supposed to. But it's so weird, so I don't know. Maybe he won't off to check the schedule, but I don't.
Speaker 4: Think I think that was it?
Speaker 7: Is it?
Speaker 1: Because traditionally, if you're the incumbent and you're handing it over to your potential successor, like you know what, like HW or.
Speaker 3: Excuse me, like.
Speaker 1: A well whom I think, who's the last president of Republican hand it over to somebody who was successful?
Speaker 2: Reagan?
Speaker 1: I guess huh, so I guess Reagan would be the last example. So you don't think there is anything that would happen.
Speaker 4: I think that's it.
Speaker 3: I did see he's going on a week vacation.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I saw U holes in front of the White House yesterday.
Speaker 1: Isn't it funny? But they rant you holes. I mean nothing, they'll knock on U haul good for you. It's just whenever you see that, they're like, wait, you guys have U holes. Although didn't Trump use a U haul.
Speaker 4: I think the idiot. They were rumors going around yesterday that they were like, oh, but he's gonna, you know, announce his resignation at the DNC and they're going to kick him out.
Speaker 1: He's been evicted, Doe. They eulogized him. Can you imagine being at your own funeral, just sitting there. There was a little pripe story, he's got some little presidential box somewhere, like, who are they talking about that guy? Sounds like he really accomplished a lot. Was talking about you, Joe. Anyway, back to repeal the nineteenth I can't figure out what Biden's argument is here. Let's listen again this.
Speaker 5: Decision over turning Rob Wade. Did you heard earlier tonight you're not a state Supreme Court majority the following quote. Women are not without electrical were not allowed. There's not without electoral electoral.
Speaker 1: By the way, just guys, you want to keep your woman happy, make sure she has electrical They're big fans of that, but I am too, so.
Speaker 6: Or political power is going on, no kidding, Margue.
Speaker 9: Republic has found out the power women in twenty twenty two, and Donald Trump is going to find out the power women in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: All right, so uh yeah, and then he did the bloodbath thing, you know, pretty much the standard stuff that they got programmed into his brain. But it was not without trying. They were having some teleprompter mentalfunctions yesterday for some of the earlier speakers. If you've got to be if you're Biden's got you gotta be terrified watching that. Jamie Rascal was up there speaking and just stopped, just stopped and stared. It was awe And I understand why he was speaking specifically about some numbers. And I actually understand why he stopped there. I mean, a better orator can usually paloor, you know, get around it. But he was reading some specific numbers. But if you're Biden's people, you're why you're like, we need new teleprompters now, or you get that. But leading the charge on the eulogy, it wasn't that Biden, No, No, it was this one and.
Speaker 10: Weeks ago when I saw.
Speaker 1: Him dip Oh, by the way, get your BS detector out, tell me if it pings.
Speaker 10: It all and weeks ago when I saw him dig deep into his soul and decide to no longer seek reelection and endorse Kamala Harris.
Speaker 3: He dug deep in his soul.
Speaker 1: Huh. Really, I can't imagine being a fly on the wall in the residential part of the White House over the last probably the whole presidency, but definitely over the last month or so.
Speaker 3: I mean, you're putting on the face for politics.
Speaker 1: And remember she was the one arguing against it from all the reports, right. Remember it was Jill Biden and Hunter Biden previously. I get a Hunter's motivation, who were like you know they were they were intentionally like blocking staff and others from like some of the meetings she was showing up to, like policy meetings and daily reads and stuff, which I didn't know that was allowed. I guess it would be. You're probably gonna have to have that clearance for living in the White House. But holy hell, I dig deep in his soul. He got He got put out to bed or put out to pasture by his own team. He did the American they did to him, the American version of what they did to the former Chinese Prime minister. Right where he's just sitting in the media at the party meetings, like Hey, I'm a big deal, look at this. I get to sit right up front. Hey I have an idea that's not exactly your Wait, where are we going?
Speaker 3: Where are we going? And then you get that they literally took him out.
Speaker 1: Has anyone seen him with AI nowadays they probably be like, no, he's partly he's down in Singapore, he's on the beach, is having a great time. And so you got to struggle through that. And here's the deal. I actually feel bad for.
Speaker 3: Joe Biden with this stuff.
Speaker 1: Man. I quickly forget it when I see some of the policy stuff he supports. And what an absolute you know, pre program programmable, whatever's on the ticket. Yeah, we'll get behind even if it includes anti Semites and stuff. But that being said, man, that's got to be tough. Because a guy's a politician by trade. It feels pretty good. I'm sure to have that much power. But you've grown to this pinnacle of your profession and you know whatever way you got there, and now everyone's just like, we have no more use for you anymore. We brought you, we brought you in to screw up Trump and and whatever, but now nobody used for you anymore. And then you got to listen to people literally do your eulogy, and then you even bring up DNC. Uh, you know, uh, every time like Hillary c who's bringing Hillary in there?
Speaker 11: Cares about kids and families, cares about America.
Speaker 3: I'm sure she does. You know the kids, I care about the families.
Speaker 1: I've fed the orphans you created with your murder list?
Speaker 3: How many orphans is that?
Speaker 1: Do we know? I've seen the tally of bodies. I don't know what the orphan number is, but that's gonna be a lot of orphans. Or what about the kids in Haiti? The six or so your foundation cared about? And if you're Joe Biden, here's the thing. If age and time permits you, you can bet your butt they're not inviting you back to the next DNC. Not a chance. You think for a moment they're going to wheel Biden out for political purposes. If after the election, right, everything kind of settles down. Do you think they're bringing Biden in for policy stuff, which is what you do with a former president. Trump didn't do it as much because obviously he's picking fights with the RNC, But that's what they do. Even Bush, who said he was kind of retiring from it, he'd step up where you needed it. I don't think Joe Biden gets an ask never again. I think he realizes that. For that, I'm sad for him as a person because I wouldn't want to be in that situation. But then he speaks and I'm like, oh.
Speaker 4: The more I think about it, I would imagine they're going to have Obama introduce Kamala Harris on Thursday that.
Speaker 1: It's funny you mentioned that as I'm thinking about I'm trying to do this segment. I was before I looked it up. I was like, I wonder if it's Obama. Yeah, and they'll say it's due to the historical nature, right. But then but then you're giving away the game and you're like, oh, so you know a white person indorsing her or introducing her. Yeah, you're probably right, probably is going to be Obama. I mean just lives down the street.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I'm sorry, he lives on that island anyway. Six forty five hang on.
Speaker 3: I was looking at the.
Speaker 1: List of the those are the announced groups, and it's like a big chunk of them are the college campus hamas idiots or organizations that.
Speaker 3: Worked with them.
Speaker 1: So you know, for that, for that reason, I may watch some of it today right around the time it starts to get dark, and the delegate more of the VIPs and then some of the returning from dinner. Delegates is high time for their lunacy because it's right in front of prime time. Oh yeah, I learned so much in Arla's with the Saint Paul Police when they were just filling us in on all this stuff that's, you know, as part of the playbook at one of these events. And it is a playbook. It is absolutely script and structure to get what you want. And I understand, here's the deal. Forget the anti semitism part and the sear lunacy. If you have a position, a policy position, or something you won't listen to that, you could write letters or you can do things that bring much more awareness to it. So I understand when people do that. The thing is the stuff that they do is many times illegal or at the very least it strikes as immoral in the audience that you're trying to get over to your position. Nobody tuned into the Columbia College campus stuff.
Speaker 3: And wait, you know what, maybe they're right.
Speaker 1: Maybe they're right, So yeah, it'll be bad example after bad example. But that's how we're rolling this morning. But then they did something to me. They brought Kamala into the mix. She, of course, will be responsible for a mach longer speech. I was. By the way, Rosa was not able to find who's introducing, so I'll keep looking. But I like our theory of Obama. I think that's probably a pretty good theory.
Speaker 4: No, especially because they're trying to make her into Obama two point zero anyway, So yeah, I mean that's what they're running on, right, he ran and hoping she's running on quote joy.
Speaker 3: Well, hypothetically she is. Did I use that word right?
Speaker 1: I can never remember if I used that word right, Kamala, did I use that word correctly?
Speaker 12: There is this wonderful word that has a great meaning, and it's called hypothesis.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: That's where you wave the watch in front of somebody and have them count backwards, right, and then they tell you about that time they were with their uncle. Okay, all right? Is that what this is? I'm confused?
Speaker 3: School me please.
Speaker 12: There is this wonderful word that has a great meaning, and it's called hypothesis, which means.
Speaker 3: Which, by the way, why is that fuddy?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 13: That you have an idea?
Speaker 12: And then it is well, accepted, it will be tested and then you will learn whether it was correct or not.
Speaker 14: But there will be no pride.
Speaker 12: Associated with the hypothesis because after all, it was a hypothesis. And then you will reconvene and then create a new hypothesis.
Speaker 1: Okay, by the way, I just if I could. For a moment, I was wrong. I thought it was the thing with the watch. Okay, you're talking about the other thing. Are hypothesis well respected? Initially?
Speaker 4: Hypothesis is an idea or solution that hasn't been proven yet correct. That's how I would define it. So it's one on the top of my head.
Speaker 1: And I'm not the vice president, so you do you want to be? I would pass in the room with this lizard person. No, just going to the lizard room person. Look at that ross for VP? Why are your eyes black? What's going on? Yeah? So, and is the part of she's laughing to the whole thing? Did you see all the reports over the weekend that she's just basically down in a bottle of booze?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean that she's always doing that. And I said before, and I stand by what I said. I think the entire thing where they came out trying to say people are weird. Is it's a way to deflect from the fact that when she opens her mouth, she's weird. She doesn't speak. And I've recorded so much audio from politicians in right for like thirteen years now, I've done. I'm done in a lot. And when I record her audio, and then I watched the video, that's my first initial reaction. It's like, this is weird. It's not normal. Is she drunk or she just dumb? I don't know what it is. Yeah, but I think it's the way to deflect because your initial gut reaction is this woman is weird.
Speaker 1: She needs to parlay if she's if she does, and I hope she doesn't have a drinking I don't want to wish that upon anybody, but it would explain a lot like inappropriate laughing.
Speaker 4: Could that could also be a nervous thing. That could be a nervous thing.
Speaker 1: I you know what, eventually, at this stage, you can't give me the nervous thing anymore. Yeah, first time getting elected, you're running fort.
Speaker 4: One right to get to this level of power.
Speaker 1: No, you did, that's that doesn't That doesn't play with me. So I'm left with very few conclusions unless she's nervous over the fact that she's an idiot. But then that would require some self reflection and she didn't have time for that.
Speaker 3: No, she had to give you folksy.
Speaker 1: And by the way, I thought Walls was the folksy sports coach, not Kamala. But good news for your kids peelee football team that can't win a game, and by.
Speaker 7: Doing that and all that that requires, which is the hard work, the practice, working as.
Speaker 15: A team knowing that you will be undefeated even if you don't win every game. But no circumstance or event or moment will defeat your spirit.
Speaker 1: Even the crickets aren't buying it. What do you mean, But you're gonna be undefeated even if you don't win a game.
Speaker 4: What the Democrats do? It makes more sense if you understand that they campaign and they present everything as if it's a movie or a sitcom. Right, Sure, that's what.
Speaker 1: They do up in thirty minutes, easy done, it's very produced.
Speaker 4: It sound bites of TikTok, fake phone calls, and it's all done as if it's a movie or a sitcom. So when you look at it in that way, you realize what they're presenting you. She's the smart, capable black woman and he's the dumb white guy. And that's the sitcom. That's the show. That's what they're giving you.
Speaker 1: I mean, that would be a show today. And also it almost sounds it sounds like a good advice until you think about it.
Speaker 4: And by doing that, like.
Speaker 3: Oh, she's want to motivate the kids, and by.
Speaker 7: Doing that and all that that requires, which is the hard work, the practice, working.
Speaker 15: As a team knowing that you will be undefeated even if you don't win every game.
Speaker 1: But I want I want a team at some point today or this Sea's going to be playing the Bears, to just run up that they're undefeated. Means Ross's gonna be a busy dude dumbing in stuff like this.
Speaker 16: Never let anyone take your joy from you. I call myself a joyful ward.
Speaker 3: She's hammered in this.
Speaker 1: Her her inflection is even different, Like like I.
Speaker 4: Was saying, it is aty. It doesn't matter what her The content is right, it's coming out of her mouth. It's it's that, but it's also the way she says it's weird.
Speaker 1: But she doesn't all like her words are usually a little finer point I don't know how to describe it. Yeah, every there is a very strange thing. And if she does, she just has If it's not any of this stuff, she just has a lot of really weird tics versus politic you know, most politicians.
Speaker 3: Trump has looked.
Speaker 1: Trump has his own tics, man, which is why people who do a good impression of him do a really good impression, because he speaks so so differently. If you have somebody who speaks very differently and you're able to do a good impression.
Speaker 3: It's much more impactful because even.
Speaker 1: If you're not that good at it, if you get some of the intonations or the hand movements or some of the stuff that people do when they do Trump stuff, like Gillis does it, it.
Speaker 4: Makes it so much better. Now you mentioned it, Like a lot of the presidents are like that, right, which is why you could get these historically good impressions. And it's like snl back into his fund right, And then you got Phil Hartman doing a Clinton Obama and they all right, yep.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, you're absolutely right.
Speaker 1: So it is though, it is that that type of speaking and picking up on those things that people are good at doing impressions. That's what they're able to do, and the more you give them the better. The problem is it's one thing to lean in to, you know, the Reagan aw shuckstas as they describe it, right, And we talked about that famous thing or the snl skit where he's Reagan with the girl Scouts and it's like, oh, so glad to see you. Actually, I sound like the dude from anyway, and then the girl Scouts leave the office and now he's like a supreme evil commander because it was so different with Kamala. If you want to do a good impression of Kamala Harrison, there's one woman who does a bunch of Twitter videos. I don't think she's nailed it yet, but her writing's pretty good. You get it. You just have to get hammered, get on stage, start telling stories like this.
Speaker 16: Never let anyone take your joy from you. I call myself a joyful warrior.
Speaker 3: What do you think is her selected joy of choice for us?
Speaker 4: If you had to guess, I'd probably say loud, like, all the wine, all.
Speaker 1: The wine, all right, So we're going to all the wine all right? Anyway, back to your joy, right, Never.
Speaker 16: Let anyone take your joy from you.
Speaker 4: Do you do what you gotta do?
Speaker 16: And isn't that a wonderful.
Speaker 4: Way to live?
Speaker 1: To know you have purpose? You were trying to take a bottle of wine from a hobo.
Speaker 2: Good lucke with that.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that was. I don't know what that was, but it's absolutely recreative.
Speaker 12: There is this wonderful word that has a great meaning, and it's called hypothesis, which means that you have an idea and then it is well accepted, it will be tested.
Speaker 1: All right, Ross, you are the King's council. It's thirteenth century, and you're also the representative for the Holy See. All right, I'm an inventor and you have granted me an audience, which thank you for that.
Speaker 4: Right right, So I'm there and of all his power, and you come up and you show me this idea. You have a body of the cosmos or the universe?
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, it's a good one.
Speaker 2: You're ready? Yeah?
Speaker 4: So the earth Okay, I got you? Yes, rotates around this Yeah, we're go to lock you up in this tower? Is it a nice Do I have a view? You want to get closer to the sun? Well, yeah, I mean that's where we're studying here. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, that.
Speaker 3: That mask it's heavy. What's that made of it? What is that mask made?
Speaker 4: That's really good for your face? Because then people can't see.
Speaker 1: It feels like iron. What's going on here? But absolute lunatary. By the way, all of our science, you know, STEM listeners are losing their minds listening her describe this like no, no, no, theory, hypothesis and then blah blah blah. And I'm like and they're like, it's the first day of science class. We learned the method there. Can you imagine if she's president and she only does state visits to wine country, I think that'll be the dead giveaway. She's like, oh, yes, there's a crisis in Bordeaux, I bust handle go there. Oh man, But she's not the only folks you want out there. Also the lieutenant governor for the state of Minnesota, which I'm sure none of you would probably even need to know her name. Her name is Peggy Flanagan, but I think it's important to know her name here, Peggy Flannagan.
Speaker 3: Of the Flannagans.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, anyway, so it's her turn at the pulpit there, and I just start busting out laughing, and you're ready.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 3: One thing, wait, hold on.
Speaker 1: One of things you got to know about Minnesota is they're like any other state. There are tropes that politicians lead in lean into. Some of it's serious, some of it's not right. So in Minnesota and this is a serious one. And your Calcunningham with your brand new barbecue, your brand new grill, but barbecue, as you say, where it's clearly never been used. The buns are already split open and just laying willy nilly for the flies to land on. And you post that fun that'll kill you. That and hooking up with armed services wives while they're deployed. But so, both of those things will kill you. But a trope that can be used by a politician is barbecue. North Carolina. Gotta be careful with it, but you can in Minnesota or Minnesota and North Carolina. You can go to Lexington and get some barbecue and then head down towards the coast get some other ones and talk and you know, stop at one of the famous ones in Kinston or whatever and talk about your joy of both of them. But God help you don't try to pick one in Minnesota Democrats love the Ojibwey.
Speaker 3: I like them too.
Speaker 1: Got a nice gig up there. Relax big. Oh, that's a big lake. If you look at a map of Minnesota that sits about two hours north. They got a casino that brings in some big acts. It's fun getaway over there. And I've done many media events where we go and they're like, all right, we're going to just eat what we find in the lake. And they got wild rice down man, and so like wild rice becomes a bit of a little thing there. They have a wild rice eating contest and all that. But you know, it's very specific to where you live. And you cannot get a dfller, which is a Democrat in Minnesota, to shut up about all the Native American stuff for not even a minute. And they don't have to, but they get so into it they start characterturing themselves and now it's uncomfortable. Like I love it when somebody wants to come out west and learn about stuff out there.
Speaker 3: I'm happy to tell I love tours like that.
Speaker 1: I see some dudes on the Bozeman Trail, which is like a headquarters restaurant. Then you have the Bozeman Trail obviously, and the amount of times I got asked for advice from people that are there. They're clearly just traveling with their family because my buddy and I used to work there, so I'm fine with that. But as soon as they roll up in their brand new cowboy outfit and they're like, I'm gonna go wrangle some horses, and I'm like, you're gonna get shot. But okay, now I'm annoyed with you. And that's the vibe that Flannakin gives me. But this part just made me like my name.
Speaker 17: My name in the Ojibwe language is eazy waywodam Ukway or in English speaks with a clear and loud voice.
Speaker 5: Woman.
Speaker 1: I'm a wait, wait, hold on. So you showed up to the meeting and the meeting or whatever happened, and then the elders are like, you know what, we got a name for you. Oh yeah, what's that? And then it's whatever she said in the ojibweah an easy something or other, which that could and they're like, oh, that's amazing.
Speaker 4: What is that.
Speaker 3: You're a really loud woman. Amazing, Thank you so much.
Speaker 17: Member of the White Earth Nation, and my family is the Wolf Clan and the role of our plan is to ensure that we never leave anyone behind. That's why I am supporting Kamala Harris and Tim Walls to be the next president and vice president of the United States.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: And so she has her family or one of the members of her family does have membership, uh in not the ones by Malax, but the other Ojibway drive there. I don't know what the percentage is. But she didn't talk about this stuff before. I was talking abouddy in Minnesota. She didn't talk about that before. And then she's like, she went and she did some and which is fine. That's kind of what lieutenant governor does. It's not the heavy stuff.
Speaker 4: And now she.
Speaker 1: Tells everyone that what her Ojibway name is, and I'm just a your Ojibway name is a loud woman, right.
Speaker 2: That's.
Speaker 3: Do you think they were screwing with your okay?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: So yeah, just crazy And if the crazy wasn't enough crazy for you, then they're like, hey, you know, it'd be a good idea. Why don't we put AOC on the stage. And they did, and you get.
Speaker 15: This, And I, for one, I'm tired about of hearing about how a two bit Union Guster thinks of himself as more of a patriot.
Speaker 1: Than does she understand what two bit means, not in the reference to a quarter, but and use it. It's an insult to somebody who is wretchedly poor and or poor at what they do. But it's primarily the combination of both. I feel like we should just sit here all week with a dictionary. We probably fill a lot of airtime. We got a hypothesis out of the way.
Speaker 4: Two bit.
Speaker 1: He must be a really good two bit. Anyway, I'm sorry, go ahead, uh oh, I can't name you what her name is. We'll have to come up with euro jibway. Name a woman who might everything of day to rip working people.
Speaker 4: Way of life.
Speaker 3: You know the funny part she was the boot.
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Is that when you say.
Speaker 1: The boots of people who are oppressed, prosecutor is one of the boots right? I'm pretty sure it is. Oh man, Can you imagine the green room. It's just Kamala, AOC and Flannagainst sitting there and they got all the phronsia, just pandemonium coming out but giving a piggyback to AOC and they fall down in the hallway. Some people are recon now people are trying to recommend all the good commal and per I don't want. I don't need to. I don't need to see commal impersonations. I could do some, but they would be so padently offensive on the air that we'd probably get in trouble and I wouldn't even need words. So anyway, all right, seven eighteen, that's me passed out from wind joke and not the other thing you purse. Okay, all right, seven eighteen. Coming up on the show, we will have to pull away from this debacle to go check out another debacle which didn't start as a debacle but debacled really quickly. If that's the word, we'll look it up and we'll be back.
Speaker 3: Dave, what's up?
Speaker 8: Okay?
Speaker 1: Amen?
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know a group of us were watching it last night. We're all Democrats. We were sitting there in Troya. We were and sometimes I was quite right, and all of a sudden they clicked in our head, Sail and Paling clicked in our head, and everybody's standing up so saying, yeah, you're right, that's who she reminded of. I mean, it was just like it's almost like a flag Paris.
Speaker 3: Sarah Palin.
Speaker 1: There is a little bit of that, like she's in partying great knowledge, but she's not really going on there right right, just.
Speaker 8: Like she was talking about giving Society of rec but she was sitting there telling giving homeowners first to homeowners money and I work at a bank and I was like, that's not going to work because people, well take that money, it won't be able pay the loans. And there's been a lot of foreclosure.
Speaker 2: Sir.
Speaker 1: Now come, I just go in the back room and printed. Isn't that what you guys do there?
Speaker 3: You have money? Pretty machine.
Speaker 8: I don't know. I mean, it was just amazing now that this clicked and when I click to my head, it was like ten of us here and they just everybody just kind of looked at anybody like, yeah, thank you freak out first, Well.
Speaker 1: Let me say this, sir. I think some of my Republican listeners would love you to share that with everyone. You know, so.
Speaker 8: I don't know, I'll see you right now. It made me think twice, I'm seriously they'm not voting Trump because I mean it's just so much or a fair paling clon and then she's promising things that she can't do.
Speaker 1: You well, but that's politicians. Yeah, that's politician one.
Speaker 8: People believe that crap.
Speaker 3: Yeah they do.
Speaker 8: I mean going to give you if you give me twenty five thousand dollars, I know you can't make the house payment, I'm gonna be foreclosing on you within two years. There's no dang. Wayne. Heck, I'm gonna give you a loan.
Speaker 1: Well, hold on, let's not get I think a good idea would be to give me twenty five thousand dollars alone. I don't have to pay back, So which bank I'll be there right after the show.
Speaker 8: Better, I'll say it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you probably should. All right, Hey, I appreciate you calling in there.
Speaker 8: Dave and yeah, but I mean that just freaked it out. I mean we didn't even think of it to laugh, and the only she talks this crazy craft everything Sarah Palin popped in her hands. Well, but everybody kind of looked at me and was like, you know, you're right.
Speaker 1: Well, it's uh, yeah, no, I appreciate you calling in this morning. So all right, Well, Sarah Palin, it's you know, Palin was her own thing, Kamala is her own thing. But it's hard not to notice when there is that kind of like Sarah Palin did it more in uh in the coverage of her like the Alaska thing, right, which isn't what she said, but it became what she said. With Kamala Harris, the difference is she said that if your team doesn't win a game, you're still undefeated by.
Speaker 7: Doing that and all that that requires, which is the hard work, the practice, working as.
Speaker 15: A team knowing that you will be undefeated even if you don't win every game. But no circumstance or event or moment will defeat your spirit.
Speaker 1: Sadly, while all the DNC stuff's going on, and I'm like, all right, there's got to be some other stories out there, so I don't just spend three hours talking about that, and unfortunately there is. Phil Donahue has passed away. Phil Donahue what.
Speaker 3: Was he eighty eight?
Speaker 1: Eighty eight, Yeah, who championed well a variety of different topics and issues during his time. He has passed away at the age of eighty eight. His wife, Marlo Thomas, he's been married to for forty four years. She looks very young for her age. There's probably some work done, but good on her. Born in Cleveland, Donnie who graduated from Notre Dame, and let's see where is Where's It's always interesting where somebody's first station is u w ABJ and wk W ky my gosh ky w oh okay, so that they have one of the backwards ones, that's probably good for you. So it's Michigan, and then Dayton, and then eventually, eventually he rose to prominence because during his interview program on that station in Dayton, he invited Murray O'Hare, Madeline O'Hare, Madeline Murray sometimes she's called who was back in the day, very famous atheist, and so wherever she go, man, people get all upset, and so he would bring her on and some others and everyone lose their mind. But the station's like, holy crap, people get ratings. So eventually w g N, which is the Chicago Network, saw it said hey, let's do a program. We're gonna change your name to just Donahue instead of Phil Donahue, and the rest was history, as Donahue interviewed some of the great minds of our times, like let's see here, uh, Milton Friedman, Oh, this is good.
Speaker 11: When you see around the globe, the maldistribution of wealth, the desperate plight of millions of people in underdeveloped countries, when you see so few haves and so many have nots, When you when you see the greed and the concentration of power.
Speaker 4: With it, aren't you ever?
Speaker 6: Did you ever have a moment of doubt about capitalism?
Speaker 1: By the way, that is a great question. That is a you know, Friedman's obviously got one in the bag. But there are a lot of elements. See, capitalism isn't perfect. There are a lot of elements in there that are used to challenging. The difference is the elements are about why some guy has a house bigger than another dude. And then if you go with communism, it's like why is that other dude's family missing? What happened to them? So you know that's fine, go ahead, Friedman.
Speaker 2: And whether greed's a good idea to run on.
Speaker 18: Well, first all tell me, is there some society you know that doesn't run on greed? You think Russia doesn't run on greed, You think China doesn't run on greed?
Speaker 2: What is greed?
Speaker 18: Of course, none of us are greeding. It's only the other fellow who's greeding. The world runs on individuals pursuing their separators. The great achievements of civilization have not come from government bureaus. Einstein didn't construct his theory under order from a bureaucrat. Henry Ford didn't revolutionize the automobile industry that way. In the only cases in which the masses have escaped from the kind of grinding poverty you're talking about, the only cases in recorded history or where they have had capitalism and largely free trade. If you want to know where the masses are worse off worst off, it's exactly from the kinds of societies it depart from that, So that the record of history is absolutely crystal clear that there is no alternative way so far discovered of improving the lot of the ordinary people that can hold a candle to the productive activities that are unleashed by a free enterprise set.
Speaker 6: It seems to reward not virtue as much as ability to manipulate the system.
Speaker 4: And what does reward virtue?
Speaker 18: You think the Communist commissary reward virtue? Do you think a Hitler rewards virtue? You think, excuse me, if you'll pardon me, do you think American president's reward virtue? Do they choose their appointees on the basis of the virtue of the people appointed, or on the basis of their political clout. Is it really true that political self editterst is nobler somehow than economic self edterst. You know, I think you're taking a lot of things for granted. And just tell me where in the world you find these angels who are going to organize society for us.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't even trust you to do that. Well, and here's the thing too. It actually made me think of this about Freedman and Souls and others, because people go, well, where are these where are these folks in the conservative movement out there saying stuff? And the answer is they would not function in today's press. I mean, every now and then I'll see some snippet of Thomas Soles or Friedman or whatever, and you realize that can you imagine him taking two minutes to explain that on a CNN.
Speaker 4: I was just about to say, imagine coming across that in your TV in the afternoon or in the midday, just two and a half minutes of that. Yeah, that is that does not happen anymore. People do not have the attention span for that.
Speaker 1: And you can't get that on the Sunday shows. Right, you can't get that on the Sunday Show. So feel a freedman who brings up a lot of really good thinking points, you know, as he doesn't accuse the other person of being an idiot. He's just like, look, let me ask you tell me the society where greed isn't a part of it, or tell me where it is only virtues And the answer is you can't. But no, Friedman, I think that the problem is you don't have this and the Freedman there is except in very very specific circumstances, maybe like a panel at a college which they'd get shouted down. I just want to point that out, especially Friedman on today's universities. It it doesn't exist. So and so Donahue for years that this is what he did. So I think is that good?
Speaker 3: Ross?
Speaker 1: Is that a good retrospective of Donnegue?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean it sounds good, you know, and you it's just the media has changed now, right, the way that stuff is delivered. And you see this not with is Donahue. But I was watching on clips of like the Dig Cavit Show, and he would have these people on there and they would just talk. Yeah, these open conversations and go back and forth, and like you said, it wasn't hostile. They weren't attacking each other. It was like a free exchange of ideas and it was amazing.
Speaker 1: Well the problem, But here's the problem. It is amazing, but it's not sustainable. And this is what I'm about to tell you or let you listen to. It is not an indictment of Donna Hue. Necessarily he did go along with it. But you can watch the Donna Hue Show in its evolution and realize that we're the problem, right, we are the problem because what started is that turned into that. By the way, Ross, do you have wrestling related audio in the system for every damn possible story?
Speaker 8: I do?
Speaker 1: Okay, So Donahue, this is what would this be late eighties, early nineties, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Late eighties, early nineties, Yeah, when the steroid issue is coming up in WWF Yeah, before transition to w w's ye yah yeah.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So he's got Vince McMahon on there. He's got some wrestlers that I don't recognize either, but they're sitting there and all of a sudden, it's not public policy on you know, the financial burden of the Balkans. It's were you guys juicing each other and then hooking up with young wrestlers.
Speaker 3: It was a whole crowd.
Speaker 1: I almost don't remember this. I remember the current thing obviously, But and this is what the show, the evolution of the SHO turned out.
Speaker 6: And I guarantee you this bride audience knows damn well the steroids were used.
Speaker 4: This is easy to get. We know this I got with minute. Here's the question. Here's the question.
Speaker 6: Did the WWF or did the environment or did people in power not only look the other way but actually condone the loss of jobs, the loss of employment because of bold, bold, unrestrained aggression of a sexual nature by men in power on younger men who wanted to rise within the system.
Speaker 4: That's the question to that question.
Speaker 18: Sure, last time on my radio program, I had two midget wrestlers on.
Speaker 2: And we don't see him anymore, do we know?
Speaker 4: We don't. It's just the evolution of what you see on TV now, right, it all turned into Jerry Springer.
Speaker 3: You just don't see the little wrestlers anymore. What's going on?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: It's just true, by the way, right, and there's a comedian he's I think he's a dwarf because he always makes the joke. But his point is, he's like, man, how do we keep screwing ourselves out of jobs? He goes, I haven't been thrown at a wall in forever, And you get the wrestling thing. Help Peter Dinklage with all the snow white in sanity probably hurt jobs there. And obviously he's joking. And in the context of wrestling, they're not you know, the on screen there, but they're just they're just made to be as showy, just as Hulk Cogan, right, It's it's entertainment. And so we're deep diving this and this guy's contribution is a radio I don't even know who that host is. I'm assuming he does just wrestling stuff. I apologize, I don't know who it is. His takeaway is, yeah, I just can't book little wrestlers as much as I used to. And now that's and then that was the Donna Hue Show. And then somebody hit Heraldo in the face. And what an era, wasn't that?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Race Agic from the Weather, Yes, good.
Speaker 1: Old days man, when you got Old Day in the face with a chair while you give the Hitler salute and people call that inertainment.
Speaker 2: So they did. Now you couldn't do that these days, no, no ops.
Speaker 1: All right, So yeah, what I heard? I heard you're going to make the ring go away? Heard rankey? Don Yeah, keep away?
Speaker 2: Guess, keep away? Play keep away.
Speaker 19: How about these numbers, Now they're not quite filtered in entirely into the state, but in the western parts of the state this morning got some low and mid fifties out in the mountains.
Speaker 2: Right now, the dew points are starting to drop two for everybody. Two points. Are in the low sixties for the most part.
Speaker 19: And we've got in cooler weather on the way. The next couple of mornings we could actually be in the upper fifties to low sixties. Mid fifties is the triad. There could be some upper forties the next three mornings in the mountains. This is a nice little tree, nice little taste of Let's call it early fall, because these numbers are below average, barely to eighty today, tomorrow, even on Thursday, if we do get to eighty or just above, it's not going to be by much. And same for Friday. Lots of sunshine, no rain, casey. The overnight low will be in the upper fifties to low sixties. The coolest morning is probably gonna be Thursday morning, when we're all in the fifties, and then we'll warm up again. And I wouldn't think the ninety degree temperatures are done.
Speaker 2: They're not.
Speaker 19: As I looked ahead late in the weekend early next week, we'll probably see the ninety degree heat come back as we get into the week leading up to Labor Day weekend and football season two. I mean, there's games this weekend, but there's only one of them any real importance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just want you to remember as you guys struggle with peanut allergies down there at Dallas HQ. Really you got it. You got a guy in the I R for a peen analogy. Okay, oh really no, I didn't know that, dude. How do I know more about your team?
Speaker 19: Well, listen, I really don't follow the preseason.
Speaker 1: I just ie with a peanut allergy. You got another one who's inviting women to come over with devices, and you know, you just have your general trouble makers and plus referring by the way, you're your chief troublemaker who owns the team.
Speaker 3: So I meant, come on, man, Yeah, I've never been a fan anyway, So all right.
Speaker 1: I just cant you to remember this, if I could impart a little folksy wisdom upon you, okay from the Vice president. Here we go by.
Speaker 7: Doing that and all that that requires, which is the hard work, the practice, working as.
Speaker 15: A team, knowing that you will be undefeated even if you don't win every game.
Speaker 1: But no circle, So I mean, so even if you guys go goose egg this year, I would still show up to where the super Bowl is.
Speaker 2: It's ready to go, man, undefeated even if you don't.
Speaker 19: If you don't good, I'm right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, close when you lose, when you guys lose a close one to.
Speaker 2: The Jets or whatever. All right, probably all right.
Speaker 1: Thanks man, appreciate it. Totag inspired as we do, all right. Seven eight hang on, I was just reading this. So address Anya Israel address Anna style Bender, I think is what they call him.
Speaker 3: So you have c fighter.
Speaker 1: He's in his mid thirties, so he's towards the latter end of his career, and he just lost the middleweight title. But that's not what I'm telling you about. It's the fact that he was even in there is amazing because this dude. So when you do a weigh in, it's about a week. So you go and you know how it is. They stand there and glare at each other. Maybe somebody fake slaps the other or something. You know, it's a little stunting, but it's you know, the some of the greatest moments in boxing came not necessarily in the ring, but at that event or in post Muhammad Ali getting a you know, getting people pumped for a fight. Was there anyone better? But he has a problem, Israel has a problem. So he's got to fight one to eighty five middleweight. He showed up at two ten. He's twenty five pounds overweight. He made weight. How do you have the energy to fight after losing twenty five pounds? So how did he do it? Not potatoes, a lot of protein and fruit very specifically balanced obviously as nutritious doing this. I see a lot of chicken cooked a nine different ways, wild rice.
Speaker 4: So you're saying he lost twenty five pounds in six days, Yes he did. Yeah, they're full of crap. A lot of rice, a lot of chicken, a lot of fruit.
Speaker 1: And then when he wasn't in there, he was essentially sitting in a sauna and then rehydrating, just rinse and repeat that.
Speaker 4: He had to be completely dehydrated in this on and working out like crazy. I doubt that that's actually what he ate.
Speaker 1: Was in the hospital when I was in the hospital and I go I'd go in for a week when I was in Minnesota for an obstruction basically made it so I couldn't. Basically a whole digestive system shut down, and they thought they're going to have to do surgery. Thankfully they didn't. It was probably the most painful week I've ever spent. And I had nurses walking in who had both a baby and a diverticulitis type of obstruction, and they chose the baby over that. So I lost easily twenty five pounds I lost. That wasn't easily twenty five. I think it was twenty two. I lost twenty two some pounds, but I had I couldn't eat anything I had.
Speaker 4: Maybe they're they're they're they're doing it to cover their asses because it is Yeah, so how does that even happen?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 4: If you're a fighter, though, and you know you have to get weight. Did he never step on the scale during training? Like did they just the day of the way, and he's like, oh my god, I forgot to step on this side.
Speaker 1: I got the impression he was. He's not a full full time fighter right now. He's thirty five. He's probably not getting the bounts that he wants, even though he's got the title there, he's got his very strategically planet. Now he doesn't have the title. You know, when you get up there and you and you do that, you don't have to fight every Tom, Dick and Harry there. So I don't know, but I'm like, yeah, so he lost twenty five pounds, So there's so there's there's.
Speaker 3: How fast did you lose the weight with a potato thing? Do you do?
Speaker 1: You know how many pounds a week on average? You were?
Speaker 4: Yeah? No, I lost like sixty five pounds in like three months.
Speaker 1: Okay, so slightly less than twenty five per week? Okay, yeah, man, how do you have the energy to fight? Well, in this case, you didn't have the energy to stave off a face crank, but neither would I. So um, all right, oh we got one other Donna Huekai. This is fun to make, man, thing. Let me just fit this in here so I can use them all here we go. This is continuation from well the least.
Speaker 6: One was the glamour so great was the business exploding so wonderfully that you didn't have time to get into this kind of thing, and you look the other way and.
Speaker 2: Allow it to happen.
Speaker 4: That seems to be the way.
Speaker 2: This charge is evolving against you. I surely didn't look the other way.
Speaker 18: There's no reason for me to look the other way and risk everything that we have going.
Speaker 6: No, this was going on, mister McMahon.
Speaker 1: No I did not phone number eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. Why don't I always do that right before?
Speaker 2: Hold on?
Speaker 3: Put something down the wrong pipe?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: That is goo tea, not the other one. All right, Well, a few other things to get to there, all right, So if I'm gonna cough again.
Speaker 3: So let's see.
Speaker 1: Last hour we were talking about Phil Donna Hue, and then that evolved into this wrestling thing and eighties era scandal with Donny Hughes interviewing Vince mcmanonley, did you guys know her own was juicing and maybe even abusing some of the younger wrestlers, And Vince said no, he didn't, And then obviously you know currently they have their own issues with McMahon, although that was non wrestling in place who claimed to be harassed. So all right, take it for what it is. But it showed the evolution of the Donna Hue Show. Not that that isn't a socially big issue.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 1: If you have a very popular sport and you got a bunch of kids watching it and it becomes common knowledge that they're all just juicing in there, that's not As a parent you want to be able to get out ahead of that. That's totally understandable. I guess I guess my question is there anyone in the eighties who didn't think some of them are juicing?
Speaker 4: I mean, as a kid watching it, I didn't realize it as a child, right because you talking about how you know, he's just eating his vitamins and praying and training every day. And you're a kid and you believe that, but you get old, you look back, right you. I'm sure they had to know, Yeah, because it's just so unnaturally, these guys that are just like they live monsters. Yeah. Absolutely, I am one thousand percent muscle.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine being the nutritionist in eighties?
Speaker 4: WW You see people talk about this, Like I saw a documentary with Roddy Piper talking about how what it was like in the locker room because they all did it back then, even guys like when you think about steroids, you think about Hull Koguan or Ultimate Warrior and Roddy Piper, right, I mean that's really sort of what you know ended up getting him in the end because of the heart condition. Because of it, yes, but you think of like even him, and he didn't have like the biggest build, but they were all on him. He talks about being in the locker room and how it was just being passed around like it was just it was so common from from people like the nutritionness and stuff like that was part of your job.
Speaker 1: But not the medic Not the medic I'm talking to the person who actually wants them to eat chicken.
Speaker 4: No, I'm saying it was one and the same, like you eat the chicken, eat the broccoli, and by the way, put this in your body. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, super common, except.
Speaker 1: But not all of them. Andre the Giant nobody. I don't think anyone accused him of juice.
Speaker 4: Right now, he did, he said the best in the Princess bride right where like he doesn't even exercise.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because he watched his document which called Andre Right. Yeah, this documentary Andre Things on Netflix. Uh, they do spend a lot of time because he had, you know, he had his farm there outside was outside of Huntersville, uh, in North Carolina, and he had his farm there and that was like his respite.
Speaker 3: And they were talking about really the only exercise he does.
Speaker 1: He does some farm projects, but it also sounded like he doesn't do them well, which is I guess for owning a hobby farm, that's your that's your privilege.
Speaker 3: But so this guy.
Speaker 1: Wasn't necessarily doing the juicing, like his condition made him hurt so much. There's a story they're telling there where they're going a very short distance and I can't remember who's all in the car, but it's like, you know, it's two or three big name wrestlers and they have to go like from Tampa to Orlando or whatever it is, and Andre drinks a case of beer and then wine. Yeah, I mean he had then functions, functions.
Speaker 4: His body was always growing because of his disorder or whatever, you can't call it, but it's you remember this at WrestleMania three when he comes into the to the ring to go against Hogan, where Hogan slams him. Remember the leg They didn't walk to the ring. They had this miniature ring on burills that brought them in and he went with Bobby Heenan. And one of the reasons for that was he couldn't walk all the way. He was in so much pain. Dude was in so much pain at the.
Speaker 1: End and still got body slammed.
Speaker 3: I should let himself get body slam.
Speaker 4: He's the one that called it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's it's pretty so whether it's through you know, an actual fysical condition, whether it's through I saw somebody was tweeting Jake the snake stuff at us. I think I'd throw that in a second bind.
Speaker 2: But not.
Speaker 3: But he's not alone there.
Speaker 1: You know Roberts had he had a lot of stuff because he had a lot of baggage, right, and you ever heard.
Speaker 4: The documentary on him. The documentary on him is amazing. And you know through child and he did not have a good childhood. There's a lot of abuse there.
Speaker 1: So you couple like I think there's wrestlers who do it or did do it, or however you want to phrase it. Who did it at the time, because it was the thing, and that's how he got big, and that's how he guaranteed ring time. But the problem is you coupled out with somebody who's got a lot of emotional issues, and whether it's Roberts, whether it's was it ben Waugh killed his wife right and you look at you look at a like a tape of him prior to it, and you're like, yeah, I could see how maybe. So when your only goal as somebody's providing medical care or nutrition two guys is one about make me the best in the ring, the reci be damned like you have to step out of what is your to you know, to do no harm hippocratic oath on this thing. So I have no sympathy for like Michael Jackson's doctor. How many doctors do they arrest with the Matthew Perry Thinger charge the queen of Ketamine. I believe they were calling one of them, which, by the way, they're not going to do anything really to them. You know why because half of Hollywood's probably.
Speaker 4: Get there has to be like such an underground in Hollywood when it comes to that kind of stuff. There has to be.
Speaker 1: It's it's it's really the time that I spent in California. I had opportunity to work at some because I worked as a as a casual for what's called IATZI, which is the Independent Association of Theatrical Stage Employees. So stage hands, right, and you know, the radio thing helped me get a connect there, and so twice a month i'd probably get a gig to go work a concert. And it paid stupid. It paid a stupid amount for a college kid. It paid stupid, Like I could work that whole week, that whole weekend, and work all week and and the weekend would far outpace the other. And it was really it was something to be like a nineteen year old running around pushing guitar cases, handing guitars to like legendary guitars while they yell at you, guitarist, while they yell at you to do all of those things. The amount of stuff backstage, and then people would come. They had a dude who because you had to you couldn't approach the venues the Santa Barbara Bowl.
Speaker 3: If you've ever been there, you know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: You had there's this road you got to walk up because it's carved into a hillside, and they had a dude who was the go to guy for somebody there. I'm gonna be very careful who was clearly, because I don't pretend to fully understand it. I got a good bit of what's going on. One of the people, I don't know that it was the promoter, but one of the people who was putting a show on, would have a dude who would come up after, you know, when once sarahon started getting there, it would come up and he had a box.
Speaker 3: And it's clear what was in that box.
Speaker 1: And this was just like the random drug dealer dude you'd see on an episode of Cops, but with a much nicer car, and he brings this box and I know I know some of what's in the box because I saw the box opened when I was above stage and looking down at where it was going by one of the people for the band, and it had all the drugs. It had all the drugs in there. And so, like you, there are always going to be people because if you're traveling act you don't know the drug dealer in Boston or the drug dealer in La Do you rely on a chain of people who to further or what it is that they're looking to do, in this case, put on a kick ass concert and keep you happy. You just tell them like, I need a box of drugs please, and then here comes your box of drugs. So this is just wrestling's version of it kind of. And so yeah, so it's not to say it's not as important, but you know, some of the other stuff that Dona Hugh interviewed. But that's again, that's not an indictment on Donahue. If he's getting a five share interviewing Milton Friedman and he gets a fifteen share interviewing let's see, he interviewed the first lesbian couple to have an artificially inseminated kid. Could you imagine what a big deal that was back then? So that's a big societal issue. And then just a week later he was interviewing Nazis. No, not Nazis.
Speaker 3: I don't know what. I don't know what you're trying to describe it.
Speaker 1: Basically, people with strong political opinions of a very furist style and their thoughts on pre marital sex and homosexuality. Does anyone care what a Nazi thinks of pre marital sex?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: But I'll bet he got good ratings because he's got a bunch of people on there that in between are sitting there, you know, being absolute anti semites. Click click, I'm there Donna Hue getting in the face. Hit in the face. That was a clan dude right with a chair. I think guy heard or heldo. Miraldo said it was the most watched clip of his work. How do you How would you feel about that? Can you imagine if the word long departed ross The thing that brought people the most joy is that time something horrible happened to you Basically kind of rethink what you're doing, right, Like, why are they rooting for me to get a hit in the face with a chair?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 4: I mean, when it comes down to it, right, at least it comes down to the ratings and the revenue. That's what it comes down to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does. It doesn't have to one hundred percent instructed. I mean, look, there's stuff that we could do on this show that they'd probably get more ratings, but also would probably get my license taken away.
Speaker 3: And it's pushing that envelope that you know.
Speaker 1: I was Howard Stearn's whole thing, man, because he would have the sales. I've been in these meetings too many times to have to just make something up. I could almost just change the names, right. I've sat there with people where we just did something incredibly funny on the air. The audience loved it, I loved it, and then you over the size of the sales. Thankfully, it's not any of the sales managers we have now, but it's one I used to have. And he would he could sit there like pig vomit, and I would start laughing because I'm like, you're pig vomit. I mean, you're not the program director, but your pig vomit, dude, you take you are where fun goes to die. And he'd sit there, and I just realized he didn't like the station, he didn't like the format. He was obviously a bias with him, but he was just such a fun suck. So we called him Joy, Kelly, Wait, a bunch of names for him. But inevitably it was the ratings and revenue, and now he couldn't see the bigger picture. But he was protecting in that moment what he thought he had to protect. And I promise you, Donna Hughes's producer, same deal. They're like, oh, we put the crazy people on. Look at they look at Jerry Springer's ratings. Jerry spring By the way, you know that's not real, right.
Speaker 4: Oh, I know for a fact it's not real, because I know you know, one of my best friends was on Springer for my wedding.
Speaker 1: Mills friend Babies did had he sired and uh and women was he bound? The bit ended up He ended up on all fours on the stage wearing his heart patterned boxers getting whipped by a stripper. And he told me, like they were actually friends, but on the show they're pretending like there was this big incident. And before the broadcast they got him in there with the producers and stuff, and he explained it to me. It was more scripted than say, like a WWF event.
Speaker 3: Well, of course you got people. I mean the WWF had.
Speaker 1: It's to say, you have people doing a lot of physically weird things that if you got near them, you'd get hurt. The difference is WWF guys train on that every day. Right, it's choreographed. You're telling you're telling some hick from Omaha, uh and and a stripper. All right, we're gonna need you to have this fake fight and on very short order do this physical thing.
Speaker 3: I mean there's a lot of danger with that.
Speaker 1: You know how many times I've watched a dude do a backflip after mare he told him he's not the father. You get anywhere standing near him? He just front kicked some woman. So yeah, I could see what they micromanage it. So did he did him stripper live happily ever after?
Speaker 3: Do we know?
Speaker 4: Or I'm not sure, but I don't know.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, so I mean, if that's what gets the clicks, that's out the rating.
Speaker 4: He was excited about it because of the how they paid him and the funny thing this is after that, he would get follow up calls from the producer saying, hey, you know, are you available on X date? Can you come back on to play a different character?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I saw I saw a video with Jerry's characters. They had to say, there was a dude who did like twelve different appearances, and he would try to marginally hide who he was.
Speaker 4: Rightly, come out with glasses and like a mustache or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah he's not the guy. Oh I am the father this time?
Speaker 1: Okay? All right? Yeah, So anyway, all right, eight nineteen Cacoda Radio program. Coming up on the show, Tim Walls wants you to know about China. For some reason, this feels like a losing effort unless you're promising some ability to negotiate or something, or maybe you know, stop some of the piracy. It just makes you sound a little commy, sir, and wildly inaccurate. We'll give you that next staying on what an absolute marketing ploy I understand and getting marketed to and they could charge me whatever. Pepsi has announced that they have a received final approval for new Dorito's zero gravity and it's not just in a bag with moon and stars pictures. It's the first Dorrito approved for zero gravity. Apparently you can't eat crumbly foods up there. Then all of a sudden there's you know, there's cheeto dust in the in the navigation panel, and before you know it, you're a I don't know, you're Apollo thirteen. What if that's what did it and not the filters. What if somebody snuck some chips up in there was just munching away on day two and then all of a sudden it didn't work well, fear no more as Dorito's and PEPSI said they have zero gravity doritos designed to be eaten in space. Are you gonna sell these in stores? Oh no? Oh, dear god, Ross. Did you want to see what these look like? Yeah?
Speaker 2: You do? All right?
Speaker 3: Hold on, that's is I don't know how I'm feeling about this.
Speaker 4: Are they like, are they like a weird shape that are more like conducive to like anti gravity or something stupid?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Hang out, I miss sending the picture while we're we're relating this to the audience.
Speaker 4: Because I was watching, like I've saw a video before where the astronauts were showing it, how like when they drink like there are Thanksgiving and they're up there, and how they like gravy. Yeah, and the weird the weird shape of the gravy boats so it doesn't get all over everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I knew that if you ever seeing the thing that go to the bathroom, and it's terrifying. That being said, I understand all that. And you know the fact is some stuff just ain't gonna work in space, not now, because of those concerns. So you're gonna take these doritos. Look at the look at the device it comes in it comes in. I want you to picture a red bull, except it's a It's a can of ritos. I had no other way to describe that. It's like a mini Pringles thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it looks like a Cander red bull.
Speaker 1: He came crawling in here this morning expecting Ross to dub it in, and his ears were bleeding. As we started to show, his ears were bleeding, they would have to be. I didn't see it, but I would assume with what we got. So we'll get to that in the moment. First, Donna, what's up, Good.
Speaker 13: Morning, Casey. Yeah, I'm calling about Phil Donahue. And back in the day, while when I was pregnant, I watched is show like every day, and he wasn't. There was no clowning around on his children, and he had I don't remember why he had the topic gun, but it was about circumcision, and he showed a baby being circumcised. Okay, And once I saw that, I decided not to get my son circumcised. There was no way I was going to put my child through that pain. So but I did watch the transition. Of course. Then some years later he was he had oh my god, what's his name? Though the one everybody was afraid of the rock star?
Speaker 3: Uh, whatever was afraid of you?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Killed his girlfriend Johnny.
Speaker 13: No, no no. After that, he was a nineties guy.
Speaker 3: Uh Marylyn, Marylyn Manson, Marilyn.
Speaker 13: Thank you.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 13: They said his music was satanic and.
Speaker 1: You want to you want to hear the craziest Marilyn Manson story. So I was talking about doing the concert stuff. He was part of one of the events that I did, and Marilyn Manson showed up with his hair tied back in a beach shirt to the backstage.
Speaker 4: Did did he talk about did he talk about the Wonder Years at all?
Speaker 3: Stop it?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 13: I get that reference.
Speaker 4: Great.
Speaker 1: Now people are going to take this and we're the source. All right, thank you, thank you, Dona Ross. What do you gotta do that some guys, he's going to be in it. He's going to be a Thanksgiving this year. That's Hobby's gonna come up. He's gonna be like, you know, that's actually Paul Pfeiffer from the liner that.
Speaker 4: Didn't mean to spread this information. Did you ask him about his rib Wait?
Speaker 1: The one he had removed so he could you know, Well, look, God took the first one He's like, obviously I'm noticing a trend here, so oh man, yeah, probably that's probably not true. All right, So anyway, let's get back to this. Well, so I still have Walls audio, right, where's my uh I'm looking straight out this damn thing. Okay, there it is, so Walls. You brought you the COVID tip line.
Speaker 8: Stay at home hotline.
Speaker 13: The information you leave is considered public information.
Speaker 1: At the time. That's a snitch on your neighbor line, which, by the way, is a wonderful transition into this because ross, can you think of any countries where the government enjoy spine on his people and neighbors snitching on them.
Speaker 3: If you had to make a leg, you just throw a big one out there.
Speaker 4: I would like Korea, China, Cuba.
Speaker 1: Well, why do you hate Asia? And one part of the.
Speaker 4: Well, no, it tends to be their political philosophy, the communist country.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, all right, So yeah, you gotta know the Walls is really into China, which is that's fine, that's fine. China's fascinating, dude, All of anywhere is fascinating to some extent, except for very few countries. But you can't call them what they are because then they get mad at you, like Trump did I just I just like they travels some places, I'm like, whoa, Nope, but parts of Columbian Ecuador like that. That's some poverty. Bro. That being said, you know, there's there's stuff that you can find that's but you had to weigh it. And so even though China has a fascinating landscape, they have a very interesting history, big fans of warn with each other. The reality is that to live there in the current environment where the government essentially if you want to do business, you got to act as a spy apparatus where we're going to social credit scores where they've just dissolved everything into a single app over there this ten cent thing which basically runs your banking all. I watched this the other day. So you got to carry your phone with you. Ross what happens if you cross, if you jaywalk in China, there's nobody around, right, Sorry, no, there's no cars coming.
Speaker 4: There's cameras everywhere, and they have that facial recognition right.
Speaker 1: And they don't even have to it's on your phone now. So if your phone, which you're required to carry because it's all your banking, everything it's your ID. If you go cross that road, it knows that you cross the road on foot. They don't even have to have a camera of you.
Speaker 3: Then they check their nine million surveillance.
Speaker 4: Can you ever see these videos of people trying to get in like certain stores over there, and like they have to scan their phone and.
Speaker 1: We'll let them in.
Speaker 3: You're yellow, Sorry you can't come in.
Speaker 1: Here's for the Greens.
Speaker 3: This for the Greens.
Speaker 1: You're yellow, do better citizen, So you have to And if you can divorce those two things while recognize and that they both exist, that's fine. That's why I went to China now because I'm like, hey, the government's good over here. I just like I want to see cool stuff. How many Shotland monks held this position for one hundred years?
Speaker 3: Tell me more?
Speaker 1: All right, Like I won't, I won't. I want to hear stuff like that. But Tim Walls really likes it. He's been over there like twenty five thirty times. Then he honeymoon there. What is it with these dudes honeymooning in commed countries? Rember Bernie Sanders hunt to rush down, set around without a shirt on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, super weird. It was like during his honeymoon or something. Right, maybe they let just kill dissidents.
Speaker 1: Did you ever Maybe it's that, Maybe it's like the you know those guys in the Most Dangerous Game. You're like, these businessmen just all decide together. And by the way, they had to talk about that with each other, right, one dude had to broach the topic. You're like, you know, these gazelle's are fun, but have we ever thought about shooting the homeless? And then the rest of them had to lay like, yeah, you know, that sounds good, idea, let's go find ice cube or whatever. So maybe if they let him kill a dissident so they can really live their dream. I mean, maybe that's what was up, But Walls wants you to know it's not as simple as that. In a series of very odd statements, Walls started talking about his China stuff, and then people started looking into other tweets that he sent and it just gets weird. Now he taught English over there in the late eighties the eighty nine, So all right, I understand that. In fact, I there's a lot of there's a lot of Americans to teach English over there for obvious reasons, but they had to learn Chinese to some extent too, So who's the youth. There's a great there's a good YouTuber though. I think he just he lives in New York. But he's like he's one of these polyglots, right, But he travels over to China too, Just watching a video with him over there, and dude, if your China's so bang on that, if your Chinese is so bang on that, the dude is like making your noodles. Doesn't turn around, And when he turns around, he looks like his country just got invaded. But he thought he was talking to a Chinese.
Speaker 8: Is his name?
Speaker 4: I just yeah, this is the English kid. Like he does different languages, right, he goes over there and he like he surprises the locals and he can speak their languages. Yeah. Yeah, the white dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a UFC dude. Or he has to lose weight twenty five pounds. He's like on a plane to Thailand. He's like, I'll blow him away. Yeah yeah, yeah, that dude. Crazy videos. I do think it's funny though, because the leftists hate him and they always post the same mocking thing and like I'm I'm Chinese and I went to America and speak English where's my award? And it's like make videos then, dude. And the other thing is, remember the audience is people who will never learn that language, because Chinese is one of the least adopted of the major languages by whites, by English speakers. But he doesn't because it's so incredibly hard.
Speaker 4: But he speaks like h and I'm non expert on it at all, but like the different dialects and the speaks are super rare.
Speaker 1: He speaks, Yeah, he speaks the two, the main and the Cantonese and manner he speaks uh Fujianese, and he speaks the other one uh the gosh, I can't remember what it's called. Is like nobody speaks it. And he's just he just plugging away and he goes all over the world. So yeah, so I understand that, But now you have to the question is do you lionize what China's doing? And when I watched that shaman, dude, his wife's Chinese, I think, And when he's over there, you could tell he has reverence for China, but he doesn't really have a lot of sympathy for the way on the way government works. He stays the hell away from that and maybe it's just to protect his visa. Tim Wall is not the case.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: You have to remember, do you know what happened in China in nineteen eighty nine? Go ahead and get I think you do know what happened in China in nineteen eighty nine, and then ask yourself if you go teach English after that. I give you a hint. Dude, when I was shopping, dude was like, hey, look at these tanks. Boom History Tanneman Square, nineteen eighty nine. It's been his honeymoon there, visited thirty times. He was the first American allowed to teach English there, I guess. But then he's just he's all in on the China man. He just loves some China.
Speaker 3: Here we go.
Speaker 1: The four of the Washington Free Beacon is a high school teacher of the nineties. Democrat vice presidential candidate and Minnesota governor. Tim Walls appear to it stole life under Chinese communism, telling his students that it is a system in which everyone shares and get free food and housing. So he's delusional. He's absolutely deluded. You can like the system over there, and there are some people who like the China system. Now those are people with power, but it ain't a sharing system.
Speaker 3: You don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sorry, you don't come up in the current political system which continues to this day. And then they get they just got done starving to death forty or forty million o their countrymen and go oh look and everyone shares in the misery. So I hope he's evolved on that, because I could read these quotes for days. They're all insane, but instead we got to read weather quotes with raised age. Well, we're gonna make rain read the weather quotes.
Speaker 2: I don't have the weather quotes.
Speaker 19: Yeah, how many different ways you can say sunny and beautiful?
Speaker 1: How can some how can some bubblehead who has one hundred pounds stand and hurricane wins for six hours and still come up with stuff? I don't know, you guys want.
Speaker 2: It's a talent.
Speaker 1: It is, it's talent ro dynamic.
Speaker 19: I guess I'm not paid for meteorological skill, that's for sure, right talent.
Speaker 3: But you know what, why don't you Why don't you show us some of that skill?
Speaker 19: I will, and usually it's an easy one, and I'll some of my meteorological knowledge. Usually when you see high pressure on a map. It usually means high high pressure, usually means dry weather and pleasant weather, and this is exactly what it is, coming in out of the north northwest flow. That means the humidity is going away. The coolest mornings are yet to come. Tomorrow morning You'll be like, oh, this is pretty nice, but guess swat Thursday morning is going to be the coolest where everybody's going to be in the fifties, even call for some forties in the mountains. So this is a nice Uh yeah, it's late August. We're already through. Yeah it is. We're starting to think about that. And the daytime highs upper seventies, low eighties on average, the overnight loads through the rest of the week now mid upper fifties to the low sixties by later in the week, and the weekend even looks good. I mean, there's not too many weekends left where if you want to make a beach trip as hopefully no houses will be going into the Coward. Yeah there's no Yeah, Brad, he's coming back. Yeah, it's I mean, this is one of the better runs. I mean, I guess we're not done. I mean it will be ninety next week probably Again, it's a nice little, nice little easy, easy job for me. That's all the meeting wrong. Just enjoy nice, a nice week off. So that's what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, we'll talk to you on your week off tomorrow, all right, man, All right, then we'll come back with Jeff Bellinger next. Hang on.
Speaker 4: Good morning.
Speaker 14: Casey stocks has started the week with a move to the upside. The S and P five hundred has risen now for eight straight sessions. The winning streak is a little bit of peril.
Speaker 20: This morning, the S and P futures are down a fraction, Nasdaq futures are down ten points. The Dow futures are down forty this hour. A worker's confidence in job security has been shaken. The Federal Reserve Bank of New York says the share of people who think they could become unemployed in the next four months is at the highest level ever recorded in the ten years that this survey has been done. Paramount Global now the target of a developing bidding war. Sources say Edgar Bronfman has formally submitted a four point three billion dollar bid for control of the media company. Bronfman hoping to derail an existing deal for Paramount to be bought by sky Dance Media. Boeing has paused test flights the new seven seventy seven X jetliner after discovering a damaged engine mount on one of the test planes. A Boeing says the part will be replaced and it will resume testing one ready. The seven seventy seven X is Boeing's biggest jetliner. The company is already about five years behind schedule and efforts to get that plane certified. It's going to be a milestone for Apple and for India's manufacturing sector. Apple will make its most expensive iPhone models. Those are the Pro and Pro Max in India for the first time. Source to say, Apple partner fox Con has been training thousands of workers so they'll be ready to go this fall. And those bar codes at Casey that are scanned at checkouts and supermarkets and other stores have been around for fifty years and they may be on the way out. The Wall Street Journal says there is a push now to replace the bar codes with QR codes, which can store more information and provide a link to digital. That transition could happen Casey in the next three years.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, that's all great. Dorito's has space approved doritos. Jeff, they have space doritos. Yeah, it comes in. This is like a red Bull can. But apparently you can eat them in the space station without destroying the equipment. So big news this morning. Yes, cool ranch or nacho? What are you, Jeff, po ranch or Nacho guy?
Speaker 4: Nacho? All right?
Speaker 1: Good good man, good man.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Well, let's know if they were going to try to taste something, so we'll let you know. Thank you, sir, appreciate it. Okay, take care yep, dude, I nailed that. Of course he's a nacho guy brus nacho cool Ranch. I understand there's other flavors. You got to pick between those two.
Speaker 4: Now I'm going nacho.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: Somebody can get really irritated.
Speaker 1: You know what I do if I'm if I got a party situation, A bunch of people are coming over just because it irritates people, and I don't mind it.
Speaker 3: I walk out. You have to do this in full view of your guests.
Speaker 1: Watch out with one bag of nacho cheese, one bag of cool ranch, get a big ass bowl, and you know where this is going, right.
Speaker 4: Absolute chaos. You're an agent of chaos, dude.
Speaker 1: Someone will get visibly bothered by it and say.
Speaker 4: Something you're literally the joker right now.
Speaker 3: But that's the use.
Speaker 1: Oh, by the way, that's going to transition to this. I love this about now that I know that if horribleness happens and Harrison Walls are there running stuff, at least we're gonna get all these quotes, right have. By doing that, she's telling a high school football team this too.
Speaker 7: But by doing that and all that that requires, which is the hard work, the practice, working.
Speaker 15: As a team knowing that you will be undefeated even if you don't win every game.
Speaker 1: But I mean, yeah, four years of that and now Walls and it's just clicked with me because we were talking about the Chinese stuff. Anyone who's a fan of China, like a like a fanboy like this. He loves idioms. If you don't know what that is in Chinese language, there's thousands of these, and it's a flex is what it is. So they're little sayings, but sometimes it's a whole story narrowed down to like four or five words, So it could be a parable about the you know, the scorpion and the scorpion and the frog, right you do. I was a scorpion, What are you doing right? But you can you can, You can can meet it out in conversation with just a short saying. And if people get it, then they're smart. If they don't, they're the idiot, even though you're telling them, not even telling them the whole story.
Speaker 3: So Walls loves.
Speaker 1: Idioms, and sometimes idioms are just little pearls of wisdom. And he he clearly hasn't thought some of these. Where's my favorite here? I was just reading speaking of bulls?
Speaker 3: Yeah, here we go. So Walls is talking about bulls, right, not just want to put the dorito's in, but buls in general. And the idiom is a bowl is most useful when it's empty, not if you're a person growing up in the Yellow River Valley about I don't know, eighty years ago, right, your food is pretty damn important