Speaker 1: It's Friday and some some contract blah blah blah, Fiveday's week. So here we are. It is a bit of a roundup of the week that was. But we got to talk prisoner swap deals, comments, Mike drop moments, and just you know, the standard disingenuous everything that continues to permeate Washington. But I'm gonna tell you, I'm gonna make a I'm gonna make a concerted effort to talk about anything other than that because I want to get into weekend mode. And you know, maybe your weekend is a fun one. You're gonna go do something. You're like, it's a thousand degrees out, so at least let's go to the beach. Great or you're gonna go hide in the mountains. Totally understandable. I was talking to a couple of buddies that are headed up into the mountains do a little golfing up there. Those dudes had the right idea. So just just know, for you red meat folks, we're gonna do some stuff that ain't super red meat. But we I mean, we got to obviously, we got to talk about the big stories of the day. Okay, so that'll be yet Pete Callander's not here because he's a quitter. No, the dude almost never takes any time off. He's off this week. So we told him we were sending him on a vacation to thank him, but we actually put him on a plane to Caracas to fix stuff. So I think it'll be pleasantly surprised Ross. You've see how much he likes to argue on Twitter. We get him down there, probably negotiate with Duro to admit that he's a election thief. I'm sure it'll be fine and not like what was that horrific story you told me yesterday about the the Ross was doing weird pole Pot research for some reason, and frankly it was slightly terrifying. What was it a British dude who decide he was going to go and learn from Polepot. So he flew to Cambodi and it didn't go well.
Speaker 2: Like Russ you know, he was like a famous Marxist from I believe England, and he at the time he was going to go back and show how good the regime was. Oh say, hey, we go interview this dude. He's going to document it, like show how great it was in the country. There, and so he arrives and you know he's going around the country and long story short, Polepot shot him in the head.
Speaker 1: Oh no, but you know what he wanted to see how it worked. Arguably he found out, so did he have like somebody? So then this was documented what happened to him. So he actually achieved what he was looking for because you were able to research it, right, I mean, mission accomplished. We'll get you the banner. You won't be able to be there because you decided to go lion I's pole Pot. But yeah, that didn't work out. So I think Pete's gonna have better luck down there. And and if Elon showed up with the space lasers for the fight, then he can document that.
Speaker 2: Do I have no idea what he's doing.
Speaker 1: I noticed on his Twitter account he just posted weird like soft raccoon porn. It's weird stuff. This is why you should follow on Twitter. So it's rather interesting. So we'll catch up with him next week. I'm sure the world will be insane next week. Don't worry. Don't worry. It's not going anywhere. We're not we're not near November yet. I don't care how much Halloween shop and you're doing because that's starting or pumpkin spice? Is it playing? It's pumpkin spice. I saw in like a list of things and I didn't click. I'm assuming that means the pumpkin spice is back already. Oh yeah, how many of you right now? Your wife was just walking by, heard what I just said and is now in a great one sees the opportunity. But two, I don't know the details. So if I lied and it's not true and I was reading something, I saw something, but it's not the thing with the Starbucks and the thing, then I apologize in advance. It's not your fault, but I'm not clicking on it. I'm not supporting that insanity. So yeah, that's just a basic run. I'm in a bit of a mood today. Not a bad mood, just a mood. But maybe that's just a Friday thing, you know what?
Speaker 2: What is.
Speaker 1: Every time I see an update on this story, I get more and more angry, especially because you remember last year we had a he's a retired gentleman for all practical purposes, and he's just he's working well, it was Low's right, was working at Low's. See he's a guy who's trying to walk out with I don't remember what it was, like, Hey, hey, you know we have this thing over there is called a register. You should you should swing by there. The guy's like, I'm gonna murder you now, and he struck this gentleman and killed him. And it was just so horrifying, and it's one of those things where you're like, well, at least as weird as it sounds. I don't want to say it's say one off, but you know, most of the time in these types of incidents, you don't see this. And then this horrible story from Wednesday on Wednesday where a or not on Wednesday on Wednesday is when they arrested this guy, but where this dude goes to Low's and he walks up to the front. I don't even know that this guy was trying to stop him. I think you just.
Speaker 2: Popped him.
Speaker 1: This guy wanted to steal steal what drill bits. Drill Bits said, which are not cheap. People are like, I think people are misunderstanding what this is. You get into the real high end, good kids. For those it's hundreds of dollars and it's probably immensely resullable. And he decided that he was gonna go equalizer on him and hit him in the hit. This hit an older person in the head with a sledgehammer. And and I say this not because I'm encouraging it, but it's like, just punch the dude. Okay, I'm looking at the guy. I'm looking at the guy that they arrested.
Speaker 2: Just punched the guy.
Speaker 1: I mean, don't do any of it, but to hit somebody with a sledgehammer, you can't tell me you were just trying to daize them so you could get out with your stuff. So now we're learning more about this guy they arrested. Let's see here. Let's let's see what he's been up to. What do you think ross? Probably in business school doing some charitable stuff. Oh no, I'm sorry, no, according to records, mister, uh, what's his Aaron Williams. Aaron Williams, who is being held without bond. Please don't screw this up, Durham. If he's the guy, let's see.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Back in March, he must have skipped out on the UH. On his NBA classes, Williams was accused of stealing a glock from Bull City Armory. Also accused of altering the serial number of the weapon. Oh, and he's a felon, so you know, he's not supposed to have one, whether he steals it or buys it or I guess owns it, so not supposed to have it. And uh, yeah, he's the busy boy.
Speaker 2: Let's see.
Speaker 1: In February, he was charged with misdemeanor assault inflicting serious injury common law robbery. Always thought was a weird name for a charge, but whatever, possession of stolen goods. Huh, let's see here. He likes to speed, you know, probably to get the class. See driving without a license.
Speaker 2: That's not good.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: In twenty twenty one, felony of fleeing to elude. That's not just you ran a little bit like you had to do some stuff in California. Helicopter probably be following you, and you're live on Channel five, let's see. In twenty twenty three is mother file for legal guardianship to declare him incompetent, saying that her son suffered a TBI traumatic brain injury during a basketball game and then he began experiencing paranoia and unpredictable behavior. I don't know, it seems like this pattern of behavior. Has been predictable. Look, I don't know the totality of what's going on there, but I do know that there's a lot of people that have made a lot of claims about mental health stuff. At least this precedes it when when we see some of these really horrible stories and then I see like courtroom footage of them interacting and speaking with the judge and whatnot. And I'm not a psychiatrist, psychologist or whoever would do the evaluating here, but a lot of times you don't hear about it until something pretty horrible happens. But to just randomly hit somebody in the head with a sledgehammer, when as I'm reading this, I don't even know that he had to. I don't know what Low's policy is, especially among an employee who who this individual likely could have physically overpowered with little trouble. Then it just sounds like you're hitting people with a sledgehammer. Hit him with a sledgehammer. Just horrible stuff. So, like I said, just because we're not doing the media politics doesn't mean it's all it's all fun stuff. It's absolutely horrific. I mean, we got some stuff in the stack that's going to turn your stomach today, but you know what you need to know about it. So that's what we're gonna do also, and we'll get into this here directly. I was reliably informed about a week ago that we wouldn't be breaking some records over at the over at the Olympics because it was too hot or something, and like they just keep breaking records a lot, And it happened again yesterday, like actually three times. I submitted this story, and I think there's a third one, so I don't know. I'm beginning to think that maybe the reporting by Slate, I think, because who did that piece, whoopsie might be wrong. So let's do a little compare and contrast. We'll do that next here on the Case You Day radio program. Yeah, I'm not going to tell you what this is, but you guys know what this is.
Speaker 2: You know what that sound is.
Speaker 1: Those are the shrinking eels. Oh never mind, I thought it was just the first part and then it cut off. Never mind, it's the whole quote from that. All right, Well, have we got a story. And now that I think about it, if they were the shrieking eels, it makes the story so much more horrific, Like the whole bug in my year story. I told you about the grossed a bunch of you out, nothing compared to this. I'll take a bug in a year all day. Ross can update the Twitter header. I'll be like nine Time Survivor, doesn't matter. Oh oh, kit, hold on, what is I can't really tell what Donna wants to talk about. But it's Friday, it's Rando, so let's do this. Yes, Donna, what's up?
Speaker 4: Good morning, Casey? I know what story you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I saw that you on the on the Twitter saw that as well, So you know.
Speaker 4: It's almost as if a judge had sent him up for any of the previous charges, he wouldn't have been able to wouldn't have been out around in society to slam somebody in the head with a sledgehammer.
Speaker 1: Look, and here's the thing. If my if like he legitimately has some like serious mental health stuff due to a traumatic brain industry, I'm not an injury. I'm not unsympathetic. What the hell is he doing running around? He's like this, he's stealing guns, shaven serial numbers, which takes a certain amount of you know, you gotta think you're gonna do that.
Speaker 4: He could have have your faculties to know that you have to scrape off the serial number unless somebody did it for him. I think he's probably lingering the mess.
Speaker 1: Now and maybe mom's like and I understand, I'm like, my mom would want custody, so she could probably haven't forcibly committed. But like other people have to agree that that's the thing. And I'm really curious that whole process.
Speaker 2: So but it's just.
Speaker 1: Well I understand that. But look, people, I know somebody who was a a functioning adult and it was and got in a car accident and he's not he's not his age anymore, right, and okay.
Speaker 4: So what he had to have like a legal guardian.
Speaker 1: Yeah he did. He suffered a serious enough brain injury in that car accident that essentially he functions, he functions as.
Speaker 3: Like a.
Speaker 2: Kid.
Speaker 1: And it's you know, but and if that's the case, but like this sounds this doesn't sound like that because that dude is also unfortunately in a wheelchair now, and it's it's a whole thing.
Speaker 4: But yeah, well, let this guy's mother be his legal guardian and then she can go to jail for stealing gun when he steals guns, I mean the atf kicks the doors in of people who don't commit crimes.
Speaker 1: They have the parents up in Michigan. Yeah, it's a whole sticky thing. It's just like but it's the part where you just don't think you're gonna have to in two consecutive years read about somebody who's just trying to make a few extra bucks working at Low's, probably maybe just for the discount, because he likes to do home improvement. I don't even know the backstory.
Speaker 2: And then you got.
Speaker 1: To read about your story. All right, all right, thank you're not spelling the eel story. Nobody's gonna have a good day after they hear that story.
Speaker 4: Nobody's gonna have a good weekend, have a good weekend.
Speaker 1: No, that story's gonna thank you, Donna. That story's gonna ruin everyone's weekend. But you know what, it's news. You need to know.
Speaker 2: That.
Speaker 1: And the Marxist from the UK, it's like, I'm gonna go hang out with Paul Pott. Right, These are all a little factoids you get to squirrel away in your brain. Although the eels you squirrel them away somewhere else, as you will come to learn. All right, going back to July twenty so, one week ago Slate Science. Excuse me, they have you know, everything tab is on the science tab and the sports tab. Understandably, Olympic records are getting harder to break for a scary reason.
Speaker 2: All right, what's that?
Speaker 1: Rising temperatures may be the only records getting broke this year. I can't believe this thing is still published. Did they added it? Did they at least add anything? I don't know if you know what's going on. So they're breaking a butt ton of records at the Olympics. I mean, obviously that is where most you know, most of the records do get broken. The Olympics and then the World blah blah blah whatever. The the the big events are for like gymnastics and the World Track and Field. But you know, it's really that's where you see this happen because there's just so much of the common petition going on. That being said, Slay wrote this whole article about how here we go. I'll just read you. I'm gonna read you just a little bit of it. You can punish yourself if you want, on your own time. The Olympics are here, and like any sports fan, I get swept up in the thrill of an athlete attempting to set a new world record. Perhaps there's no better platform than the height of the Olympic Games, where the motto faster, Higher, Stronger is about surpassing old limits. Isn't that also the six million dollar man whatever in the era? But in the era of climate change, we should add one more sobering adjective to the motto warmer. It's more realistic than aspirational, to be sure, but still record setting, all right. And then they go through a bunch of this.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna punish you with this, but the line in the article is just like rocks are gonna fly out of the sea and hit you, which I'm not making that up. That was That's still one of my favorite. Hey, this thing's going to happen. Right, We've had many of these articles. Hey guys, your sports car is not going to work climate change? Uh this pumpkin spice latte? You like that? Well, one, you're crazy. Two climate change it's going to ruin it or something. And and we just put them on the list. Let's go ahead and see. Well yeah, I don't know if you know, but they have been breaking records. This Olympics, and in fact, I want to say, and I don't know if it still holds true, it probably does because they I think they broke three yesterday. They've been really good at it this year, really good at it. In fact, I want to say that during the first few days they were at a higher pace than any modern Olympics. So whoops, that didn't pan out. Yeah, they haven't even haven't even changed anything or added an editor's note on this. Hey, this thing we said, that's not only is it not coming true, it's obscenely not coming true. It didn't really make sense when I read the article initially, Broz, Did you read this thing when I said it? Because we had in the stack like a week ago and I never got to it. But yeah, and you're were you convinced of the science of or no, not so much, dude. They're they're cracking records, the shooting sports, the Korean chick man and by the way, she's not even the one everyone's talking about. Although I don't know, do you think we should talk about the Turkey guy. I don't want to be on that dude's radar.
Speaker 2: Do The Turkey Guy's amazing. He looks like Tom cruise in Collateral, So, yes, do you like that movie? Still on them? You do? You know what? I here's what I didn't like about that movie. I didn't like.
Speaker 1: I like Jamie Fox. I thought I thought he made his character too much of a woos But he kind of had to be that because he's got a build to do what he's got to do. Anyway, I don't know, that's not why we're here. So the so modern shooting is amazing. In fact, I they're one of the email shooters. A few Olympics ago when I was broadcasting in Minnesota, was from like Hibbing, Minnesota or something like that, and she showed up at a was there Ducks Unlimited thing that I was at, and she had all her gear and like it's crazy when they're all geared up like they have like con they have weights that they you know, they have weighted clothes, right, and then they have this optic stuff that looks like they're, you know, a seal team ready to do a breach, and and they wear all this stuff and I'm sure it helps. I clearly don't understand all of it. And they're better shots than me and probably you all right, I know, you know I'm pretty it's crazy, right, and respect and they got all this stuff. This dude from Turkey rolls out like he's he's your uncle, showed up at the range and you didn't know he was coming, and then he proceeds to like kick everyone's butt. He's clearly a hit Man, right, He's clearly a hit Ye.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, why I made the collateral reference. I mean he looks just like that. Now he's become like a meme because everybody else, like he said, has their headphones on and their their eyewear and he's kevlar, Vesta or whatever they are.
Speaker 1: And so your body stays in position.
Speaker 2: He shows up in like jeans or sweatpants, a T shirt and no no glass or nothing, and he's holding his gun out. Dude, it looks like like Agent forty seven with his silver ballers just winning silver. It's amazing. And now they're putting him on it sound like a mame. Like they put him on like the hit Man game cover. They put him on the game for a metal gear solid but it's is no gear and it's just a guy's photo. Is amazing and apparently he just picked it up as a hobby. Apparently, Oh, yeah, that dad, or he's a hit man, and they're like, hey, we need to send somebody. Yeah, a hobby, a hobby, did you know? You know what?
Speaker 1: You know, his rates just went up, right because now if you want to have somebody murdered, now you got to there's a celebrity tax to it too.
Speaker 2: Right. The next the Olympic event is going to be killing the president of Paraguay with a fork, and they're still gonna send the same guy out.
Speaker 1: Dude, if that guy ever gets arrested, we'll trade journalists for him.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So I'm sorry, I still can't get over the list.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the journalist for a silver metal winner? Sure, why not? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh I just like that dude. Man, because when you see if you watch this, if you watch the shooting stuff, the amount of stuff that they wear is pretty crazy. And I've never I have never been at a shooting range, with the exception of that one event I just told you about, which was at it was out this big outdoor range called the Horse and Hunt Club, which is a big shooting installation south of Minneapolis, and I've had the It's a really nice facility because they have trapid skied obviously, they have some equestrian stuff there. They have a shoot house. They have you can get birds, right, good acres upon acres for that. So if you want to get some chuckers, some pheasants or whatever.
Speaker 2: You can go.
Speaker 1: You can go, you know, hunt and and I remember this, this woman showed I forgive me, I don't remember her name. And then there were a few others and watching them walk out look like look like Tony Stark about like early Tony start was crazy, man. But they're explaining all this stuff, and like, you get it right, because if you shoot, you know the things that you're trying to protect yourself from doing so that you can be better shooting right. You want to have your body in the right position. You want to you know, you want to make sure the gun's obviously in the right position. And she was shooting. She's shooting twenty two's right, but and she's shooting from prone position, so she has a certain gear for that. This dude's standing with a pistol, just with a jean jacket or something like. It's just so random and.
Speaker 2: That's how it should be done, right. I think that's how that show is. Like I don't know, like if you'd have to shoot in the real world, right, you wouldn't have all your gear on. I had to say an issue too when I did taekwondo as a kid, right where you would do these tournaments and the adults as well, not just the children, where you would have these tournaments and like you had like the very thick head gear and the gloves and the thick footwear. And it's like you're walking around like the Michelin man or whatever, like you're just needed. It's not and it's not like real life if you actually need to use it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Well, here's here's the only thing I was say about, especially the eyewear thing. Some people require corrective lenses to shoot, and obviously you should always you should always you know, eyes and ears if you're if you're gonna go shoot.
Speaker 2: This guy always. Yeah, they call him Bubba Yuga. It's the Boogeyman. It's terrifying. I remember to kill the Boogeyman.
Speaker 1: Remember breaking down all the the work ethic and the European Union and like Turkey had the most. It's because they're all killing people. It's like they're all hitmen, right, Is that probably?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: They just they obviously were the big diversion. And you know, if you're a proper Hitman, the hits, I mean, that's just one thing. It's the you got to put in the time, that's what's that's what's kind of so crazy. One of the video games that Ross and I both played that I actually I kind of enjoyed was hit Man because of the creative part of it.
Speaker 2: Right, you get like, oh, there's so many different ways to do a level. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And obviously that's not real life, but like you know, on real life or not real life. But when you see like a hip man portrayed in a in a movie, right, like ninety percent of what they're doing is set the whole.
Speaker 2: Thing up, right, And the same thing with those games, where a lot of it is having to adapt to what happens in the game because things don't go as planned. Right. Remember that movie? Gross, point blank love that movie.
Speaker 1: Oh it's one of my favorite movie. And you know what's what irritates me is it never streams anywhere.
Speaker 2: It doesn't. I saw that movie. I worked at the movie theater. I saw that movie in the theater because at the time I could watch movies for free, probably like seven or eight times. I know where you're going with this while you were talking adapting, because in the beginning of that movie, he's trying to kill a dude and everything goes, you know, the way it's not supposed to go, and he adapts and ends up killing the guy. But it just shows like, not everything he's gonna go as planned, you know what I mean. Spoiler. It'd be great if, like, you know, there's your target and suddenly it's just gonna start moving all crazy.
Speaker 1: And this is selfish. I also like that movie because if you see the scenes where she's broadcasting, she's actually turning the mic on and stuff right, which is a stupid thing, but it's the thing that bothers me.
Speaker 2: And then they have their headphones on.
Speaker 1: And if I ever, if we ever have a chance to interview Joe Rogan, I'm gonna I know that wasn't his gig, but that's you ever watch news radio the amount of times that Phil Hartman when clearly the light is not on, who are you talking to?
Speaker 2: Yeah? That as well as the Fraser Show when he would do his show.
Speaker 1: We need studios like that man just saying, but we don't work in public radio. So you should see some of their studios. Pretty crazy, all right, so we all we all agree the Turkish dude is clearly a hit man. Do you think they just called him? They're like, hey, you killing anyone this way? No, you might flying to Paris. We got a job put No, no, you don't have to murder anybody. Just these targets is all right, whatever, you know my rate, pay me my bitcoin or whatever, and we'll do this thing. So yeah, but they're they're just banging records. What do we have yesterday? Let's see, we had two swimming records, another shooting record. I'm trying to see here, well too, swimming. I can't remember what the third one, but you get my point. We were told that Boston Paul, we did the boneless Wings Supreme Court story on Monday. Try and keep up, bro. He probably wasn't up yet anyway. Yeah, so two swimming records and one other one. So the Slate article, you don't know what you're talking about. Oh wait, hold on, that's a good point. Yes, one of our inlid points out there will probably, yes, they will probably write an article say that they're breaking more records because of climate change. That is how it works. So if if you want to break a record, didn't somebody do a movie? It wasn't about breaking a record? What was it? No, it was it was like they were trying to figure out the easiest Guinness World record to break and then they went out to try to do one, and then I think they ended up breaking like several. Oh what was it? I don't know if it was a movie or if it was a YouTube series. It was pretty wild. And I've also seen one where where they wanted to they just wanted to medal and they were trying to figure out which where they could go in and get a medal. And that was that was based on a news story of that dude who did like a twenty three in me and figured out like he had some ancestry from some country that most people couldn't find on a map and was able to be an Olympic athlete.
Speaker 2: You'd be you'd be blown away.
Speaker 1: A number of people that are Olympic athletes for countries that they've literally never lived in because family heritage, which is the thing you can do. So ross, do you want to be an Olympian? You just did it twenty three and me, I'm sure there's something on there where they'd be like, yeah, sure.
Speaker 2: Whatever thing I told you I would. I would be an Olympian if they had like pace car participants, right. I mentioned this before where every time you watch like these guys in the pool, they're all flying in the pool and you don't really have a reference of a way of understanding how fast they're going, Like if you watch like all the cars going around the track at NASCAR, like they crazy I had, but when you're watching a TV though, like they're all going to the same speed and you can't really tell how fast they're going. So my job would to get in the pool as a regular person, and then you could see me as the regular person swimming in the pool and everybody else flying past me, and you'd be like, oh my god, those guys are so fast.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's what That's what that skier was, And I can't remember what the country was was. Not like I'm a better skier and I haven't skiing in a long time actually, but when I was, when I was doing a lot of scan, I'm not a great skier, but I could run black diamonds and not fall down. But like dude was falling down and like that was the whole thing. It was just like, ah, what country? Actually, I shouldn't say, dude. I think it was a woman, right, But when you consistently see them falling down, you realize how talented the other people. Yes, so you just want to be that guy you want to be. You can pull it off Guidestone for the but you got to pick in a that's a lot of swimming's a lot of work, bro, that'd be great.
Speaker 2: They should have like an average joe sort of entry into every competition.
Speaker 1: But they do. It's just from like they're from like Paraguay or something. I mean, they already exist. There's always there's always like they don't feature it a lot. But you know, some of these events, it's pretty if you watch them and they're like, here's the here's the skier from Oh what was the wildest thing that ever? Was it a there was a skier from Brazil or something. No, it wasn't bil I can't remember where it was. You know it was from Central I was from like Guatemala or something. And the dude lives in like Aspen and it was at the Winter Olympics. I'm like, Guatemala has his skier and then I'm like, oh, not really. It was like the Jamaican Bob Slid team. Yeah, yeah, I know that's the that's the big thing. But I don't know, man, you see that sometimes I'm like, oh, oh, they're not gonna medal. Probably not gonna medal anyway. All right, six fifty one, speaking of hit Man, what are we doing? What are we doing?
Speaker 2: Also?
Speaker 1: Should Trump have a time machine? We'll debate that coming up. Hang on, I to have you along. We got into a little sports record breaking slash hit Man discussion, cause you know, that's how we roll here on our Friday. We will not have Pete Callander joining us because he is he's on vacation this week, so he'll return next week. Just letting you know what's coming up. But don't worry, We've got plenty of stuff to fill it in with.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: So I was we were talking about the Olympics all this stuff, and I was trying to remember Ross wants a Ross once and I think it's a I think it's a great idea. And you have to know too, that the Olympics can kind of create a team out of nothing. There is a there is an Olympic team that he is refugees. Right, So if you're I don't know exactly what qualifies you or where you have to be from and then living now or how that works. But there is an entire Olympic team of people who are considered refugees under whatever that standard is. So ross wanting an everyman thing, if only to make everyone else look better, I think it's an amazing idea. Now, how do you keep it from filling up though, with people who were like one out from the main team, which wouldn't provide the contrast that you're suggesting. That's I think that's the challenge there, right, because it's you know, it's everybody.
Speaker 2: We could just do it via draft per country, and it's like, if you're you're between the ages of forty to fifty, okay, and get a draft notice and you're any Olympics here just.
Speaker 1: One day they're like, hey, you're a high diver, yes, and you just get the letter in the mail like jury duty and you better show up, right, Okay, all right, that's it.
Speaker 2: That's what I was right, I did this.
Speaker 1: I love that one of our listeners and by the way, I'm sorry your wife was mortified, sir, but you know what, you don't tell her she's married to a triathlete. But most women can't say that. Does she tell her friends at book club or whatever? I don't know where to do a triathlete and Ross, you asked if he finished? He says he finished. He doesn't say he finished that day.
Speaker 2: But hey, it doesn't matter if it was that day or not. I mean he finished.
Speaker 1: I mean that's done. This is it in the rules, you have to finish that day.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think they would like you too. It's the same with every man this sway. Can you imagine you get drafted? Ross, You just got drafted for the fifteen hundred men's butterfly, right.
Speaker 2: I'm in it to win it.
Speaker 1: You're in it to win it. But when you finally touch the wall on the on the final of the final length, you look up, everybody's already got their bags packed like feet looking at you.
Speaker 2: If I completed and did not drown a national television that's a huge accomplishment.
Speaker 1: Would your wife be in barrissed a proud Oh proud? Yes, She's like, I'm merried doing Olympian Maybe next year I'll get drafted and have to do my thing where with a badge of honor. Dude, you get to eat the meals, you get sleep on the cardboard beds. You probably don't want to get drafted for the swimming because you might get sick, which I'm told is not the fault of the river that's filled with poop, even though you spent literally like a gazillion dollar, like a billion and a half dollars to clean your river up, and people got sick, and then you pretended like they got sick from the food, which I thought was weird. But okay, just the swimmers that did the thing, they the only ones that they had the bad food in the chowel hall where everyone's eating the same thing. Okay, absolutely, and it's not your poopy river, gotcha. Uh So, congrats to you, sir, and again tell your why, hey, tryathlete, you married a triathlete, please, you should be bragging all over town.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Let me get to this though, because this is one of my favorite Olympics stories, and it was a woman. Her name was Elizabeth Swaeney, American America, woo, all right, and she wanted to compete in the Winter Olympics. And she obviously wasn't going to make the team, but uh, she got a little Hungarian background, and the Hungarian team apparently didn't have somebody to do the and this is what made it so great. So she was competing in the halfpipe. So this is the trick skiing, right. And by the way, when I skied, I used to ski Solomon Excreames one sixty eight. I can't remember what they're just blow one seventies, but it's a shorter ski. It's got a wider thing on it. Because I used to like to and I was not good at it, but I was young enough that I could wreck in the most horrific fashion and generally not break anything. And I would try to hit jumps and I'm talking and I would go into the into the halfpipe and and I don't know that I landed very much, but I thought it was really cool. All the snowboarders hated me, don't care whatever, and that's great. She was not as good as me. I'm serious, I am serious, because I could actually get a little air there man and not come. I'm sure it didn't look graceful, but I stayed up. So she's like, well, I'm not that good, but I'd love to be an Olympian. She was thirty three at the time. It was pyeong Chang. So this is South Korea, what like two Winter Olympics ago, yeah, twenty eighteen. So she shows up. She I cause again, if you've got some heritage there that a lot of people will then go play for other cause why when the Olympic hockey rolls around, you know, Canada, Russia like all, you know, the Ovechkins of the world and everybody, they go play for where they're from. But in this case, I don't even know she'd been to Hungry before, but whatever, So she's there. The halfpipe person she attempted zero tricks. The videos wild because you see her. Everybody like the person in front of her. You've got the big air competitions going on. People are coming in, they're pulling you know, uh, you know, they're uh six six eight or six eighties or whatever. I don't even know what it is. This is don't care, and that it's her turn, and she does. She's trying to like bunny hop on her skis.
Speaker 2: It's doesn't hit.
Speaker 1: She did hit one ramp I think got a little bit of air and almost ate it and then in one of the this was in the qualifiers. She obviously didn't even make it to the main event, but she finished thirteenth out of fifteen, and it was only because she didn't finish dead last because there were people had to withdraw, so don't let her tell you she beat anybody. But she didn't care, man. I remember they were like interviewing her. She's like, I'm an Olympian, shut your face whole. This is gonna be great. And then she just a little hoppy hoppy. She kind of go up the side of the half pipe. Oh, they know it's a little high, get one ski off and then drop and then she does this little hop thing and that's how she did. And even she didn't even bother to attempt a trick, and then she did fall down after not doing a trick. Absolutely amazing. As you can imagine, she did not advance, so let's see, and then the judges were all but hurt and they literally talked about changing glorying, well, why she didn't she didn't advance. The only reason she was even in the qualifiers because Hungary put her up there and you had to at least let her do a run. And then she made it okay because she made the qualifier that she made it into the main Games. Because you had so many people withdraw well that's on you, just so dumb now to be able to do it. She did have to get some sort of World Cup circuit points to be eligible to represent one of the countries. But you can you get points. It's like you ever have a teacher to give you points for putting your name on top of something. She just did a whole bunch of things. She wrote her name enough times that she met the points requirement. Obviously she had a lot of money to burn.
Speaker 2: It looks like.
Speaker 1: She's she would do it okay, But hey, good for her. I mean, granted, you sold your country out to go represent Hungary, but you were no real threat. All right, yeah, here we go, yeah steel Spence. What do they have such weird names over at the Olympic Committee? What is the what's the IOC chairman's name? I feel dirty every time I say it on the on the air or spokesman. We only heard we only heard so much about the dude because of all the crap Russia was pulling. No, that's not the guy. Who is the other dude? Get a very offensive name. I'll find it. I'll find it during the break. I'm trying to do two things at once. But are you gonna tell the eel story? I'm gonna tell the eel story. I didn't say when I was gonna tell.
Speaker 2: You want to? You want me to tell the old story?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: Okay? Email her, I'll find I'll tell the eel story. Ross, you got the drop ready?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Ross has the drop ready? And get over the eel story?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: What is I was Friday? Chill out, people, relax? What are you gonna do? Go outside and burst into flames? That sounds fun? Huh? Ross? You got outdoor stuff planned over the weekend? Or are you gonna stay where the ac is like a normal you.
Speaker 2: Know we're still doing like tons of stuff around the house, but inside the house right inside. Yeah? Yes, So the weekend is gonna be like non existent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I should have brought it up. I do that for Ross's weekend is jacked. But hey, you know what, when it's all said and done, it'll be all said and done, right, So that's good?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: The old story will do the old story. This is horrible. It's from New York Post.
Speaker 2: Live.
Speaker 1: Two foot eel choose through man's intestines after he put it in his prison wallet. Oh wait, I'm sorry, this story deserves garavitas. Live two foot eel choose through man's intestines after he put it in his prison wallet. What did you think was going to happen? Well? I think I think I know what you think was going to happen. Why why doctors removed a live two foot eel? Was it one of the electric It wasn't an electric. Well, look if you're in it, If you're in it that far, sir, you gotta go electric. Am I wrong? I don't know if you know this? The thing that people use to get horses and some and bulls sometimes to uh provide samples so that you can use them for ai. That's got a little little zappi.
Speaker 2: Zip to it.
Speaker 1: That's born you wanted to know. But that's the thing. Or you can put your whole arm and they're the big gloves that go all the way up and they actually hook over your head and then you can manually do that. Yeah, ranch, it's fun. The thirty one year old was admitted on July twenty seventh with excruciating abdominal pain. Do you think he did the thing where helied and said he was on the ladder in the garage and fell on the light bulb. Only in this case it was an eel, because that was way too common. Ross and I both know a doctor who is a what is her actual what kind of doctor is she? Technically? I guess gastrooneurologists, right and bolly crap the stories anyway? Doctors learned about the No, it looks like he fessed up.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think the thing here is you got to be straight with your doctor. You can't just be like I was swimming and all of a sudden this thing had was I entered a triathlon?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: My wife was mortified and how she was right?
Speaker 2: I was swimming in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I was an Olympia and all of a sudden, this eel's like, hey, that looks like a good place to hide now now he uh he said, hey, I put it in my butt and uh see, according to the doctor, the eel had bitten through the patients everything. I'm not reading all this. Oh, once we realized what what it hapened? What do you mean once you realize what's happened?
Speaker 2: Dude?
Speaker 1: Do we have is there an x ray. There's an X ray. Oh my gosh, there's a picture in this story of it post remove.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: Oh, I hadn't scrolled on this version of the story yet. I saw the reader version.
Speaker 2: Damn it.
Speaker 1: It's it's doesn't look happy, but eels like the hiding places you think it.
Speaker 2: Would be happy.
Speaker 1: Patient was examined, he's got food, happens to be the guy, he's got the ultim revenge. Yeah, so there it is eel skeleton line inside the abdominal cavity. Doctors attempted to remove it via the entry where he put it. Oh, ross, do you know why they weren't able to pull it out of where they put it? Have you read that? You haven't read this yet.
Speaker 2: Have you? I know I haven't read it. I was very busy, been.
Speaker 1: Super Yeah, you just seemed a little busier when this story.
Speaker 2: So many other articles I was reading, I had to skip over the eel up the butt story.
Speaker 1: So oh well, yeah, Unfortunately they couldn't pull it there because they they had also jammed a lime up there.
Speaker 2: Just a natural progression of things.
Speaker 1: I guess when the eels in your butt and it chews through your gut, that's some morey that is the best comment I've ever seen. Good for you, sir. I'm on the Twitter thing too. I can't sing or I would sing that to you like Lady in the tramp when the eels in your butt and it chews through your gut. That's a moory See that's a pun too. It's a dad joke. And an eel in a in a lime you could almost do a You could do a No, I'm good, I'm just way too deep into Oh no, that's even worse.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 1: The eel which went more than twenty five inches long and four inches in diameter. Why the why the line?
Speaker 2: There's a picture of the eel in the lime? Do eels e limes? You know?
Speaker 1: The the greatest thing is about to happen in thirty seconds. I'm gonna be forced, due to a hard break, to not do this anymore. But I just I have so many, so many questions, like where'd you get the eel? Why the lime?
Speaker 2: Did you go?
Speaker 1: Did you go on Google? And you're like, what do eels eat? And they're like eat limes? Because some guy read it drunkenly put it there, and you're like, oh, I got a line, let's try I don't think that's true, sir. Anyway, don't do that.
Speaker 2: Don't do it. Speaking of don't do that, we got.
Speaker 1: To talk about the hostage swap. We'll do that coming up Kcoday Radio program. Hang on, yeah to our emailer who did it and mortified his wife. I would hang that right, maybe on the ceiling in your bedroom or something right so that you can always see it if you got one. I don't know if you got one me, I would have that thing. I would have the most ornate like Victorian era frame, and that thing would be straight up in the living room. Ross, you could put it next to your weird cat data poster. Ross did a triathlon. Yeah, you want people to that's a conversation piece. That's amazing, all right. See. I love Fridays because we can go down these roads and my squirrel brain is rewarded with fun stories. Oh wait, hold on, now, somebody's mad that we're I'm not blaming the eel. We're disparaging eels. Your eelwood, your your eel. Gandhy wouldn't do that. The gandhy of eels wouldn't chew through a man's guy. I understand what eel's like. I could get out of here. You know what, the dude's lucky. Dude's lucky. It wasn't a wolf field. You ever seen one of those? I had not seen one of those. And then I saw a picture of a fish like one of those fishermen like from the Alaska show Hold, one of these bad boys, and it's all coil around his arm. The thing is clearly is as long as he is tall, and as big a round almost as his neck, and the face of the head on it's huge, and it has teeth like crazy teeth. I sent Ross a picture of this thing, although we didn't use our drop. I sent Ross a picture of this thing. You want one of those for the home tank? You want one of You want one of those wolf eels? Uh? For for the boy? A nice new eel pet? Hell No, I don't want. If I was in the thing going to look for the Titanic or whatever and those were swarming around outside, I'd be like, yeah, could you missed me?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: I don't want to ever come in contact with that thing. It's it's horrific. It's one of the it's one of the so I it doesn't appear that that was the one he put in there or this one. Now what that sound is, highness, those are the shrinking eels?
Speaker 2: How crazy?
Speaker 1: How much crazier would that emergency room have been if it was a shrieking eel, because you got to do with the battery of tests to really you do the X ray and it's I and he even told you that. Yeah, I put an eel and a line in there. I mean, can I've reread the story. I can't figure out the line. What was what we were going for there, like bait it with food that it clearly doesn't eat. But yeah, yeah, you got to go through that the whole time. The dude's abdomen is shrieking and he's screaming. That's like that. It's the scene in Alien almost And for our emailers, like, go tell the Eels store. You said you're gonna tell you happy I did it. Now it appear as you were not. And I'm sorry about your il.
Speaker 2: Gandhi.
Speaker 1: I'm sure Gandhi wouldn't do that. Probably reads to children, would never invade that unknowingly. Oh wait here at Rosser got an update. Dude, all right, all right, so what do you think? What do you think? Triathletes? We're gonna call him try athlete, our listener triathlete. What do you think his h what do you think his time was?
Speaker 2: This is great? I mean what is the average time for for like.
Speaker 1: Google what the average triathlon? Yeah, rich triathlon time for men is, so we have something to compare this against. He said he got a medal and a hat and a picture, So yeah, wear the metal to bed. It's anyway.
Speaker 2: What a respectable triathlon time is about two hours forty five minutes to three hours ten minutes.
Speaker 1: Okay, I would estimate it about three hours. So what do you think dude's time was?
Speaker 2: Five hours? Seven hours?
Speaker 1: Seven hours?
Speaker 2: Yeah? That any bad? Yeah? I don't know. It's amazing you think.
Speaker 1: You could do a triathlon on seven hours. No, you're prett years fit as I've ever seen you.
Speaker 2: So yeah, but I can't really swim that good. I'm a really bad swimmer. So would I would die?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: What if I told you there was a wolf field chasing you?
Speaker 2: I might be able to make it.
Speaker 1: Michael Phelps Ross's Michael Phelps. Yeah, you don't want to. That is horrible. You said that you fight that in dark souls.
Speaker 2: I believe it looks like a dark souls. Boss.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. We can just tweet that picture. I'll find the article and I'll tweet it the picture ahead in it. I don't get a licensing thing, but yeah, that thing will haunt your dreams even more so than.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 1: They did like a weird There was a weird Kamala Harris video where she's an oopa and they did like but they made her face look like it. That haunts my dreams currently. That and Wolf feels all right.
Speaker 2: So seven hours.
Speaker 1: Sure, obviously you're in decent shape because you didn't die. You got a medal, a hat, and a picture. I would always wear the hat in the medal everywhere everywhere I'm talking, even if you're going to like a black tie dinner boom metal. You know why because speaking are like, what are you wearing a metal? You an Olympian triathlete? Oh, very impressive. I would be impressed. Good for you.
Speaker 2: All right, So.
Speaker 1: Coming up on the show, we don't got Pete Calender. So here's what we're gonna do. We want to get I want to have somebody else full time so I don't have to do stuff, because that's how it works around here. So Ross has reached out, We're gonna get Mark Walker on former congressman I was candidate, but it's gonna be I want to talk to him because you know, there's a There was a lot of discussion and Mark Robinson kind of alluded to this on on our w during our Wednesday interview, and that is, you know, there were a lot of people were looking at that Trump thing, and then especially when you see the video of like the minute in the seconds before the shot, like head turn and body repositioning to point up at that graph, and you see all of that in like some models have been built out how at any other moment leading up to that, And we'll never know probably after that, but again we don't know because obviously he reacted like this is a different thing altogether. See is getting their money shot, you know what I'm saying. Wild And CNN was carrying that whole thing anyway, So.
Speaker 2: Divine intervention, right, I was sinking And then we didn't You and I didn't talk about this, but you know yesterday that Pete wasn't gonna be on him, like, well, maybe we can get Mark on. Yeah, And I thought that, And the reason I had that thought is for the same idea is, yeah, when I saw, you know, during the Trump but you know, the attempt assassination on him, one of my first thoughts was, I wonder what Mark Walker would have to say about this, right.
Speaker 1: Because if you don't know, Mark became in his current capacity, and this is what I wanted to tell people. Obviously he is a pastor by trade, but he is he is part of the campaign, but he is doing religious outreach.
Speaker 2: Stuff right right, and what we witnessed was a miracle. So I would love to hear Mark's opinion on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we're gonna have he's confirmed at eight o five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, eight o six, Yeah, eight o six. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I like to lie to the audience to give him a hope that we're actually coming back in eight oh five. It'll be a deal with it. So uh yeah, we'll chat with him, uh coming up at eight o six, Uh, and we'll talk about that. And I'm also curious what else is uh, what else.
Speaker 2: Is going on?
Speaker 1: We'll find out if Trump is brat, which is that that whole Kamala is brad thing?
Speaker 2: I just what is that? I know, I'm not gonna if I refuse, I'm not going to google it. I'm so tired of it. Google crap, No, not.
Speaker 1: Gonna do it, not gonna do it, not gonna do it. Bring at Phil Heart? Was that Phil Hartman? When you do it? It was that his impression, not gonna do it. It's car data, Carvey, that's right, so good, so good. Yeah, but no, we're not. We're not gonna do that. I refuse to embrace the brat thing. I think I know enough to where I don't want to know anymore. I know what you're saying. You're like, Casey, that's your job, so you can tell it. You don't want to know, you don't want to know, You'll think.
Speaker 2: The last zoomor thing that I really googled when it comes to slang was the cap no cap thing. And that's I'm done. I'm done. I'm at the age where I'm not doing anymore. If I if it sounds like nonsense, it's not. I don't care. I'm old, cranky man, and I don't care.
Speaker 1: You're trying to do your thing early. You can't do that, you can't. I've always been dream is, yes, I've always been an old soul.
Speaker 2: My mom said so living that.
Speaker 1: Ross just wants to be old. Enough to steal and flip children off. That's yeah, that's a dream. All right, it's seven forty four. What are we doing the thing? But not the thing?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Okay, no, the thing. Oh, we're doing the thing. All right, let's do the thing with the change things change, thank you change.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: I'll tell people what the thing was.
Speaker 1: We were trying to figure out if Ray was going to do a live head. I've told people that sometimes we have to record it because you're celebrity and you're doing interviews. What what are you doing? What are you doing in an interview with who?
Speaker 5: What are your cronies down at South Florida?
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 5: W io d well io d is not with them? One of the one of the the big, oh big one was is Charlie.
Speaker 1: Who's doing the mornings at iods?
Speaker 2: Is it Andrew Colton? Oh? Andrew?
Speaker 1: I know Andrew Colton. I have no idea was doing mornings? He was, He was up at the station I worked in Minneapolis for about five minutes anyway, Okay, yeah, don't tell you didn't have Jimmy. Jimmy Jimmy Sephalo was the man I filled in on that show once and they have a the craziest clock, dude. And when I was I was not doing this. It was a small little interim and they let me do iod and I'm like, this clock is whack.
Speaker 5: But whatever, yeah, whatever, right, yeah, but we're hearing we're live and I'll talk to them next hour. So maybe maybe not then listen, you might you know, I might be in high demand for you next week because you know, now everybody's attention all of a sudden, because we're talking about something in the tropics and may actually try to go up the entire East coast.
Speaker 6: So no, no, no, no, yeah, listen, listen, listen, no, listen, no. I my my in laws are coming to visit, and the last time they visited was March of twenty twenty and COVID ball.
Speaker 2: Now listen. If there is some sort of big storm event and they get stuck in my house, I swear to God.
Speaker 1: Right, well, I mean, but you're not on that, that's right, right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Oh man, dude it yeah, turn turn your heart machine off to give give your keys. You're too old, give us your keys to harp and it's over no more.
Speaker 1: Now you should do it. How about two in honor of the new tornadoes movie right where they're like, ah, one tornado was great in the nineties. How about too, right, there's a great pitch meaning yeah, so.
Speaker 2: Too, I give you my aunt. I don't know, but he is.
Speaker 5: Thanks, don't care, but I do think we are going to have Debbie. So it'll take some time, but I think it's early middle next week. We may be looking at either a tropical storm or potentially a hurricane off the Carolina coast. If you believe the America model, we'll have a hurricane and it's not gonna move very quickly, as it'll be in the Tuesday through whatever time.
Speaker 4: Oop.
Speaker 2: Sorry, see.
Speaker 1: Ross, You're right obviously he is. He's yeah, sorry about that anyway. Now we'll make landfall in Dillsborough. Debbie hits Dillsborough. Trying to think of other towns named d in North Carolina, davids and Danby could be Danville. Well that's Virginia, right, yeah.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: He's in charge of harp now, so all.
Speaker 5: Right, either way, impacts for the coast possible. We're still gonna have heat committity today lot to mid nineties depends on where you are with a heat advisory basically from stuff as parts of the triad not in it. But either way, hot enough heat into season one O five to one ten likely storms each afternoon Saturday Sunday, and then next week. We'll worry about next week because I mean there's even a chance we could have inland impacts from that. Sorry, Ross, But as we get into the first few days of next week, so lot's to watch in the tropics, certainly stay two more updates coming as made available.
Speaker 1: Yeah, inland impacts. That's code for Ross's house. Is that what that is?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: I tried to code it.
Speaker 1: That's fantastic.
Speaker 2: Try to hide that.
Speaker 1: Oh way, hold on Boston Paul's I mean email, shut up and let race. I think he wrote that I don't read functionally illiterate, so I don't know if that's what he meant. So yeah, all right, well we'll talk to you in the next hour, unless you got to try. Okay, Yeah, we'll do our thing. Thank you. All right, there you go.
Speaker 2: Well that's good man.
Speaker 1: You guys gonna you know the Waltons at your house? Do you guys all yell good night to each other?
Speaker 2: There's like some sort of massive storm event. Well, my in lawns are here, I swear they're never going to visit again.
Speaker 1: They're also never going to leave. That's why they want to come to visit, because they already be there anyway. All right, well, well we'll let Ray speak a little more in the next hour. Right now, we'll take a breaking in. Oh, Joe Biden, guys Zinger, Dark Brandon, bro Dark Brandon doing his thing, uh, talking about the release of three US hospital well two and a half, I guess because technically one of the hostages his dual citizenship with Russia and.
Speaker 2: And the US.
Speaker 1: But Paul Wheeling the reporter anyway, so Biden's there and one of the reporters or maybe I don't know, maybe a plant I don't even know who asked the question fires this question in Biden's direction, and this is his response repeatedly, that.
Speaker 5: He could have gotten the hostages out without giving anything in exchange.
Speaker 1: What do you say to that? What do you say to President shump?
Speaker 2: Now, former president, why didn't you do?
Speaker 1: Here's Dana Bash by the way, I think that was.
Speaker 3: What they call him drop moment at the end.
Speaker 1: That's because you're an idiot, and you're an idiot because Trump specifically when he made that statement, was referring to Guskowitz. Gustowitz, Sorry, I don't have his name right in front of me, the reporter, And that was because they were talking about at that time in retrospect to the w NBA player and specifically the Lord of War and that deal. And Trump was reminding folks that he was offered that deal for Wheelan, who was the only hostage who was a hostage when Trump was president. And then he was asked about Guskowitz and he said the other thing that was just quoted by Biden. The problem is the dude wasn't a hostage until two years into the Biden regime. And the other neither was the third And is this this was actually part of a bigger deal where we literally we traded like and and some other European countries because Germany was holding on to essentially John Wick, right, and we're just like, can we get this for a John Wick?
Speaker 2: Where these are the deals we're making with Russia?
Speaker 1: The people that traded out And I don't know, maybe wheeling does work for the CIA, who the hell knows, but like the people we traded out were for, you know, we've captured this eighty year old English teacher who was vacationing to take pictures of Saint Petersburg.
Speaker 2: What do you give it?
Speaker 1: Will you give us John Wick for her? Sure? Yeah, absolutely, that's what we did. And it actually it's so much worse than just the three. But it's not a mic drop moment unless Trump has a friggin time machine. And by the way, Ross, I didn't see the video yet. What did the hostage say when he got off the plane at Andrews this morning?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was hilario. He goes, well, I'm never never going there again. Brow. It's a good idea, and that's why we don't leave the country.
Speaker 1: This is just Ross compounding his view. So we invited on Mark Walker, and I want to do this official since we brought you on in your current stet what is your what is your official title now with the with the campaign or the RNC stuff you're doing.
Speaker 3: I guess the exact wording is Principal Advisor to the RNC on Faith Outreach, nonprofits, minority ministries. Long title. Just trying to get out there and get people in the faith community to realize what's at stake. Meeting with a lot of pastors in large ministries. Just one quick example So in Georgia there are nine hundred thousand unregistered adults. Of that amount about forty two percent of what we call regular church attendees two or three times a month. So you've got three hundred and fifty thousand unregistered adults that are people of faith, regular church attendees. Our goal, my goal is to try to get out there and get these folks engaged in the process.
Speaker 1: Okay, rosk you real quick, Ross, can you put up the Wall Street Journal or audio from earlier this week? I just it just clicked in my head. I want to ask Mark about this and put you can put up the long cut, not the short cut. Okay, all right, so he's going to do that. So here's where I want to start with you, Mark, because I have three kind of distinct things I want to get into. Two words started to permeate following what happened to Butler, pa And when you look and I'm sure you've seen the like the computer model of Trump's head and how it moves and his body repositions when he's addressing that graph, and you realize that literally at any other moment before that, this is a very different conversation that we're having and and so the bullet then passes, which thank you FBI for actually admitting that's that passes and hits his year. And the two words were divine intervention. Your your background is obviously within the faith, your pastor before you were congressman. And what do you when you see stuff like that, people go divine intervention?
Speaker 2: What do you?
Speaker 1: What do you think about that?
Speaker 3: I take about and if I can put my minister's hat on for for a moment, I know sometimes doesn't always sell well on media. But if I if I'm able to do so, I think I.
Speaker 2: Won't scream at you.
Speaker 3: It's okay, okay, Well, even if you did, it doesn't deter me. But on this I take of the scripture passage in James five seventeen. There's a verse there that captures really the essence of this. It says, the effectual, fervent prayer of a righteous man or righteous individual changes or avails much. And I'm not, and nor have I ever made the case that President Trump is the most righteous among us. We're told they are none righteous. But and I've had a chance to share my faith in the golf, even in the White House with President Trump one on one but when you have millions of Americans that are praying for President Trump's safety on an individual basis every single day of his life as a person of faith, I believe that when it says avails or changes much, I believe that does impact. And throughout our history we've seen America come together in prayer through different dark times or tragic times with with people who are believers and people of faith. So yeah, if you look at the computer module, the infantestimal odds of of what that might have been just a slight turn. And the more video, the more things that we see come out about this, Uh yeah, I don't I don't have any issue acknowledging that. I believe that this is something that that that at times God protects those of people that that that so many your lifting or praying about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that doesn't because that's the push back. That's what people will say. They go, this is president two Corinthians, this is my favorite Bible verses, all of them. And to that point, it's not necessarily the individual, but perhaps what the individual represents is what you're saying and those surrounding the individual and what they believe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I think if people are praying for you. There's so many different passages of scripture and throughout our Christianity, the history the two thousand years that Christ lived and died on the cross was burning rose again. We have so many different counts through prayer to God doing some amazing, miraculous works, to God's people coming to It's the most powerful weapon that we have as believers or as Christians. And I say that unshamedly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then you use the word weapons and now they can twist your words there. Do you think do you think and I've heard two people say this, now, do you think it changed Trump's perspective? I like and that maybe because like I, I've heard two people say that it made him more introspective of this and and perhaps perhaps his look. Trump is not churchgoer dude, okay, and I don't know that he's purported to be. But do you think that maybe something like that may cause a person to move towards that?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: And do you have you had opportunity to see if maybe, like how how Trump's processing that from a religious perspective?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I I And I wouldn't just quantify this around President Trump, but uh, having been involved in ministries many years growing up as I did. When someone has that near death experience or their life is almost taken away in a tragic situation, I believe that gives anybody, uh with any kind of level of rationale to sit there and pause and say, Okay, what what would have happened if that situation would have taken my life? Uh, specifically in regards to afterlife, is you know, is there the heaven and the hell that so many people believe or talk about. What I would I would have been there, I would have I would have been facing my creator seconds later? You know, what what is my life represent? Because you start thinking about a lot of this is how temporal and reorganizing priorities. And I do believe President Trump went there and and I think he did his best to articulate some of that as far as how he processed that, and especially those weeks leading afterwards or following afterwards.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and and and it's it's almost more for him because I mean Trump's ordered people killed. I mean, let's let's be real here, He's he has in in a way, he's ordered murders. That because that is that is something that the president has to do, whether it's the Austere scholar or any of the rest. He's the guy who gave the go even if he didn't do it, So then you have to process that on top of everything else.
Speaker 3: Well, not only that you're exactly right, but let me add to that. They know that with him coming back into an administration is that he does not play or Mint's words with the with these terrorists, he goes and kills them. So we knew, and it was published even in different press in print how much the Uranians are basically looking for him or looking for any opportunity to kill him to make sure that he is not or would try to prevent him from being the forty seventh president of the United States because he's not coming to the negotiating table with terrors. He's coming to say, look, my plan is to kill you if you harm Americans.
Speaker 1: I like that every Iranian bad dude right now is having to tear his bed apart to make sure there's not a bomb under it. I'm okay with you.
Speaker 3: Yes, you know it's not mutually exclusive to be a follower of Christ, but also throughout biblical history and other history, h to stand and defend our faith. That's that's that's the It may seem like a paradox that we're to love our neighbor, but we're also have the opportunity to protect our families, to protect our faith as we seem to up history.
Speaker 1: The Olympic opening ceremony. I have to know what you thought of that.
Speaker 3: It was repulsive, But I hope that people realize that this isn't just some crazy religious dudes that are saying, look what's coming, looks what looks? What's happening? I mean here, it is the world's largest stage. And even people that I know that would even consider themselves devout Christians understood this to be a huge mockery of anything that's that's historically religious. When you look at one of the Da Vincius, one of the most famous paintings of all time, depicting the Lord's Supper. Uh so, yeah, it was absolutely repulsive, but not surprised. And here's the thing. Try to keep this from being overwhelming with partisan But we have a democratic party that the bulk of the people that are in this party, that's what they represent. This is such a progressive mentality that they're okay with this. They're okay with the depicture of this they're okay with with somebody with X white chromosomes beating the crap out of a female. This is what they believe is progress, and that's why there's such a battle, what I believe is a spiritual battle for the very soul of this country.
Speaker 1: Yeah the uh and that that whole thing with the boxer too, because it's not as cut and dry as this is a man who wanted to one day say I am a woman.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: It is a chromosomal thing, it's a testosterone thing, and and it's it's a sticky, wicked and frankly, I think that they should. There is an actual transgender boxer, I believe from Portugal, and I think maybe that's the hell to die on because that's a little more complex thing. But when you don't have, when you don't care about the religion, it's easy to mock it. And it was weird watching them try to deflect it while one of the participants is tweeting about this being the new gay Testament.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's just well, and this is where I disagree with Elon Musk the other day when he tweeted out something, look, if Christians don't get involved or engaged, which has been Trump's message. In fact, he and I were talking about that earlier this year from frustration with the Christian folks not getting engaged politically, and they should. That's one of the reasons that I'm out there doing what I can. But when Elon Musk said, look, if they don't, then Christians, the Christianity is going to die. That's not true. I mean that there have been armies marched against the Kings, have tried to destroy it all throughout history. Christianity is not going to die. But in the public arena, Christians could have a much larger voice if they would get involved. We're told to pray for our rulers. If that's the case, let's get as believers and Christians, let's get involved in the political process. If they would, it would be a game changer, helping to push back a lot of this progressive ideology that's forced on our children, force on our families as we've seen these last few decades.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm going to play the full cut of this, because of course the cut that was being circled in the media had the final two seconds removed. And but it's a Trump thing, and Trump said it and then, of course they said that this was him telegraphing that he's going to do the Hitler dictator thing. Even though he didn't do it last time, he's going to do it this time for sure, for sure. But he's speaking to a group of Christians.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 1: Here's the audio. I'm sure most of you have heard it. Christians, get out and vote, just this time.
Speaker 2: You won't have to do it anymore. Four more years. You know what, It'll be fixed. It'll be fine. You won't have to vote anymore, of my beautiful Christians. I love you Christians. I'm not Christian. I love you.
Speaker 3: Get out.
Speaker 2: You gotta get out and vote. In four years, you don't have to vote again. We'll have it fit so good, you're not gonna have to, all right.
Speaker 1: That last little line wasn't in there, by the way, I don't know. It's his delivery style. It's just so weird when he says my Christians, my lovely Christians. But whatever.
Speaker 2: What does he mean there?
Speaker 1: Obviously as it pertains to voting integrity, but also why would you say that tell them to vote every time?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Absolutely, And look you can't justify what he lays out on every different comment sometimes you know, you have to take the whole sum here and you look at his track record. What specifically, I think what he's trying to communicate is if by electing the Trump organization, in the Trump administration, specifically him, he'll be the one that gets out there and pushes back on the attacks of the left, all these agencies that used the target Christianity. He will rid that, he will root it out at the very gut and you can go to lead your lives without having to worry about it. It could be more that a little in our ful. Yeah, I'm not going to deny that it wasn't. But to his point, the Christians, and that's one of the reasons they support Trump in the droves that they do, is because he is the one that we'll talk about this. He's the only president in history to go after the United Nations and speak they're at the United Nations Council about the egregious attacks and the lack of religious liberty across these different countries. That's why the especially in the working class believers as a whole, look at President Trump, even with all the different things that are that throughout his history that would not match up with what we're taught as Christians. They know that he is the warrior that will get out there and allow their families and allow their beliefs, allow them to worship in the way that they believe they should. That's the point that I think he's trying to drive it home. And when you're in a light setting, sometimes it's not always said correctly, but his heart is to get out there and make sure that these families have the religious liberty allowed to raise the families that they would like to do.
Speaker 1: So, I know you're not super familiar with that. By the way, we're chatting with Mark Walker Faith Outreach d NC. That's the DNC. Excuse me, R got to go with the R.
Speaker 3: I'd be a missionary if that was the case.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no, I hear you.
Speaker 1: So there's a story out and you want to talk you want to talk about just this. This is the kind of stuff that I just JD and Brittany Lot are a couple. They're two military veterans from Texas. To get eight kids, they do a social media thing. They go camping a lot and and a a group of people who it is literally a group to target fundamentalist Christians on Reddit and They did what is essentially a swatting. They mass reported this family, who I don't know. I watched some of their videos. It's wholesome stuff, and it's not even preachy stuff. They mastered porting under the Children and Family Services of Florida, and their life got literally spun upside down. They were demanding they pull over on the side of the road so somebody could come. They went to a hospital. It was a whole thing. Ron DeSantis has addressed this now, and I only have about a minute. What do you think of stuff like this and how do you balance wanting to protect kids with this.
Speaker 3: This is horrible, Yeah, it is horrible, but it goes to show you the left they play hardball. If you don't adhere or if you're not part of this progressive movement, you are going to be in the crossfairs. I know a little bit about this family. I know they are Christian family and they kind of do things differently traveling the country, homeschool and their kids and things. But in America they have every right to be able to do so. But if it doesn't fit the normal lift, if you don't have them being indoctrinated in some teacher union supported public education arena. It's offensive these folks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sorry to cut you out there, but we got a role. I really appreciate the time there. And let's have you back in your official capacity a little more often.
Speaker 2: Okay, Mark, we'll do it.
Speaker 3: Katie, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: All right, and we will take a break, be right back. Hang on.