Speaker 1: In a world where fairways meet the airwaves, where Bertie's and Banker collide. Welcome to the show that takes you beyond the clubhouse and onto the green. This is Balls and Teas, your passport to the golfing universe where every swing tells the story and every part has its punchline. Get ready to step onto the large screens and dive into the world of diveds, drives and delightful better the magician.
Speaker 2: All right, ladies and gentlemen, it is the one and only podcast to be here, and this is Balls and t S. I am Tony Tone, the boy with a lot of players, a classic man, and as you know, there's no better place to be than to be here with me, Ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 3: I am so.
Speaker 2: Excited to be back on your airwaves and I hope that you are glued to your seat because the hardest podcast is back. There's a season two and we are starting off with a bank I won't be spoiling the beans because we've got a beautiful lady as against very very strategic, and she's going to be sharing her insights with us when it comes to golf as well as when it comes to the business sphere. So ladies and gentlemen, if you don't know the drill, this is how we work. I'm going to go for a two minute break. Make sure that I get myself a very very cold jug of water so that I can refresh and cool myself down, because, as I said, this podcast is so hot, You're going to be sweating wherever you are. If you're in your car, you'll be sweating. If you're out in the golf course and you just happen to listen to me, you will be sweating. So I'm going to give you a few minutes to get yourself ice cold water and make sure that you are in a comfortable position because when we come back, I will be introducing our guests and we'll be getting into the cracks of the matter.
Speaker 3: So let's go. They're two minute break in the.
Speaker 1: World where fairways meet the airwaves, where Birdie's and Banker collide. Welcome to the show that takes you beyond the clubhouse and onto the green. This is Balls and Teas, your passport to the golfing universe, where every swing tells the story and every part has its punchline. Get ready to step onto the large screens and dive into the world of diveds, drives and delightful better the magician.
Speaker 2: All right, ladies and gentlemen, like I said, this is the one and only Tony Tone. You are tuned into Balls and Teas Podcast, the hardest golf podcast there is in the entire world. As I said, you know, we don't just cover South Africa. We are everywhere. We are on Amazon, we are on iTunes, and we are exclusively on our own platform. So if you want to listen to us, you can go to ww dot bosanties dot Golf. You will definitely be able to catch up with all the episodes that we have, and you can also go on to Spotify. You will definitely catch us there. So before the break, I told you please make sure that you get yourself as cold water because it's about to get extremely hot in here. Like I said, I've got a beautiful guest, beautiful voice, beautiful golfing career and a beautiful professional career. So, ladies and gentlemen, allow me to introduce the one and only Tandega.
Speaker 3: Kise, how do you do?
Speaker 4: I'm well, how are you?
Speaker 3: I'm all good? Thank you Listen.
Speaker 2: I tried to introduce you as best as I could, but I feel that I didn't do any justice. So before we actually get into any conversation, would you mind reintroducing yourself thoroughly. Let us know who you are, let us know what you do, let us know how you actually got into golf as well.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's an obvious question that I always get, is a woman playing golf? But anyway, Yeah, so, hi guys, thank you so much for having me in your platform. I'm turning them. Kids are from Durban, based in Johannesbeck currently a senior manager at Peter WC Consulting in real Services Practice. And what I do at Peter WC, I focus on technology risk governance and helping clients build trust in their digital transformation journeys. Beyond my role at Peter WC, I'm also building initiatives that actually connect business and communities, including you know, platforms for partnership and growth across Africa, not just locally. So I'm very passionate about creating sustainable collaborations that actually delivers real impact and I'm excited to actually share some of those and part of my initi natives outside of pw C is CSG, which is a social golfing platform that actually coordinate monthly socials within the golfers in our school. We also have provincial tournaments that we play annually against other school outside of outside of the province, and we are currently in the process of actually launching our Pan African tournaments. And we've got access to East, North, and West African markets obviously including our South Southern African market the Southern African countries. I'm excited about that. But what we're trying to achieve is actually use golf as a catalyst for change and impact. Basically, thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, awesome, awesome. So just a quick one right before we get into serious business. How long have you been playing golf and how did you actually get involved start getting involved into the sport because many times people would say, now golf is boring, golf is too slow. So I just want to understand what entrigated you to get into the sport.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, that's a very normal question. So so for me, like the nature of my work is consulting and it requires you to have a little bit of business development because obviously we save as clients, we need to build relationships, you know, generate leads, pipelines and eventually revenue. So I think as part of my business development strategies, I use golf to actually connect to my clients because most of my clients they play golf. I didn't know anything about golf up until one of the clients that I used to save is a few years go. They will invite me on their golf days and I will sit there and just watch. I'm like, actually, this looks interesting, you know, the way I is beautiful, the greens look nice. And then I started pursuing the game. But I didn't just started playing. I started, obviously by going to the World of Golf practicing, signing up using their you know, their clubs to actually just hit the balls and see how it feels. And I really really love the spots. So then I started pursuing the game. I think I only started, No, not that I think I started. My first game was in December twenty two, December twenty twenty three. That moment, I didn't even have a driver. I've only ever been into the range. It was very interesting, But since then I never looked back.
Speaker 2: Awesome, awesome, you know, I like the back that catches people when it comes to golf, because people would say, nah, I mean this thing, I'm not feeling it. And then once you get one great shot, then it excites you. You look forward to more and you just continue carry on. And I like the fact that it also got you. You never look back, you never stop playing.
Speaker 3: So please carry on playing.
Speaker 2: And I hope you bring more of your friends and colleagues into the sport. You encourage them to get involved into the sport, because for me, it's more than just a sport.
Speaker 3: It's a lifestyle.
Speaker 2: There's certain values that one actually learns from the sport itself, and like you said, it's a good tool for business development, which I believe has been working well for you as well.
Speaker 4: You know, like you know, everybody has different ways of actually pursuing business because there's so many ways through it. I love sports. When I was at school, I played basketball, and then yeah, along the way, I stopped playing basketball because obviously work and time, it's not possible. And then I do gym. I go to gym. Obviously with Jimmy, get a bit bored and you need something that's going to get you excited or something to look forward to. So it's not just about business development, but it's also your own it's also my happy place, like where I get my pinings and all of that. And yeah, the thing is once you start, like I said, I couldn't look back because you know, with golf, you always you play and you always feel like, oh my god, I need to go back. I'm going to do better tomorrow, or I need to fix this or I need to fix that.
Speaker 2: One per I like your positive outlook on golf. So now let's talk about today's theme, right. Our theme is titled the Fairway Framework. So I just want to get your understanding of what or your own view, your own opinion, or what fairway framework means to you before we start breaking things down and talking more serious stuff.
Speaker 4: Now, yeah, you know like fairway framework. For me, it's really what you do on the fairway. It's also applicable in your business or personal life. So the fairway framework actually helped me, helps me to outline or plan how I do things because on the fairway you plan for every short you have an objective. You need to be calculative in terms of what clubs you play, what you want to achieve. It's the same in business, so you have a framework that actually guides your decisions. You know, same as on the fairways on business.
Speaker 3: Awesome. Awesome, Yeah, I really like that.
Speaker 2: You know, the way you explained it, it made me understand it better as well. No, no, no, it definitely makes sense. So I mean, considering the theme, I just want to find out from yours, how do you equate the strategic planning before a business to business partnership to choosing the right club and aiming for the perfect tea shot? So, I mean you mentioned that you are in consulting.
Speaker 3: So if we.
Speaker 2: Were to say, or we were to look at the critical consulting analysis that happens at the initial stages, if you were to take that and put it into the golf course, how would you then define it? All?
Speaker 4: Right? So I will say that, you know, how do I equate the strategic planning? It's simple, Like for instance, in consulting the T shirt, It's all about preparation, right, That's where the team of because you need to prepare yourself, take the right clab. You know you've got the tea and everything. You look at your distance, you prepare. So it's all about preparation, understanding the market landscape, partner of it, as well as long term objectives. Say, like I said, in the club. We use structured DOOS diligence to actually do our stakeholder alignments and scenerio analysis ensure that the first strat, the first strike will set us up for success.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm, yeah, that's that's quite interesting.
Speaker 2: Now, now you'll you'll pardon me, but I love golf so much that every single question that I'll be asking you will be more or less related to golf, right, so I will just put in a touch of golf in whatever question, although it could be business related as well. So just a quick one here. So you know, in golf, as you play, you play the ball where it lies, unless it's obviously uh in a house hazards place where maybe it's concrete, or it's just right next to a three, and you might end up breaking your clubs now. So with that being instead, if you were to look at B to be partners B to be partnerships across diverse African markets, what are the inherent cost conditions or risks you must assess and how does your consulting savies help companies adapt that swing to those conditions? Because I mean, if we talk about markets, there's always volatility in different markets. So I just want to understand how you adapt the principles of golf into your role as a consultant.
Speaker 4: Ye, I know, that's very interesting question. So it feels like I'm playing golf and working at the same time. This is what you always do, you know, when you're playing with your potential tind you're like you throw those you throw those business conversations, but in a real life manner. So obviously with the cost conditions, it's the same, like you will assess your risk first, is it safe to play through this tree or do I need to just cheap into the fair way? Right, you are assessing your conditions to see what's the right thing to do. So in the African B to B matchmaking contexts, those conditions will include regulatory preductive unpredictability because there's all these changes. Oh yeah, So obviously in our saying, in the B to B matchmaking like you will assess the condition before you play your ball as it lies. Is it the safe shot to play or you want to just take a rists can go for it. With that being said, you will, you know, the conditions in this context will include your regulatory unpredictability because there's all these changes with regulations and then you will take into consideration the political shifts, the infrastructure gaps, and our role is to actually help our clients adjust their swings through governance frameworks, constituency planning and adaptable operating models.
Speaker 2: You know you're speaking very very big with there, but I get the gist of everything. The one thing I just want to ask you is so with regards to obviously be to be match making, I mean, you get people from different backgrounds or should I say entities from different with different backgrounds, with different belief systems, with different business approaches. So do you always try to make sure that two different businesses or two different individuals that you put together more or less within the same mindset or the same framework, or do you find yourself having to do a mix and match of different clientele bases to try to reach common ground.
Speaker 4: So in business, in any business, you always want to reach common ground because we may come from different backgrounds with different experiences, but what brings us together in a particular business transaction is actually the objective of what we're trying to achieve for that particular deal. Yeah, and with that thing, Yeah, I don't know, are you answered.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I believe your answer was very straightforward and very clear, because the bottom line is all that met us in business as long as the memorandum of operandi is in place.
Speaker 4: Exactly.
Speaker 3: Awesome.
Speaker 2: Now, let's just go for a two minute break, and then when we come back, we'll be getting or delving more into this serious conversation. Like I said, I just want you to visualize yourself being on the golf course, chatting to a potential client or chatting into a colleague. And then let's make this as fun as possible. It doesn't have to be all intricate and yeah, too serious.
Speaker 3: All right, awesome, awesome stuff.
Speaker 2: All right, ladies and gentlemen, we're quickly going for it too. In a break and down. When we come back, we will continue our conversation with tunder.
Speaker 5: Guide Invisible Ink Consulting, your gateway to financial success. We specialize in providing the best solutions to manage your finance and accounting, ensuring a better life for you and your business. Our expert team offers top notch accounting and tax consulting services tailored to various industries, including but not limited to, engineering, medical practitioners, in construction, nonprofits, events management, attorneys, and financial services.
Speaker 6: Experience the power of our best analytics, backed by a commitment to our clients in a high level of knowledge and Invisible Ink Consulting, we strive to deliver the best service you can get, making your financial journey seamless and rewarding.
Speaker 5: Choose Invisible Ink Consulting for a brighter financial future your success out. Please visit us at www.
Speaker 6: Dot Invisible ink dot co dot sella to riches www dot invisiblelink dot co dot Set.
Speaker 1: In a world where fairways meet the airwaves, where Bertie's and Banker collide. Welcome to the show that takes you beyond the clubhouse and onto the green. This is Balls and Ts, your passport to the golfing universe where every swing tells the story and every part has its punchline. Get ready to step onto the last screens and dive into the world of divets, drives and delightful better the magician.
Speaker 2: All Right, ladies and gentlemen, thank you for staying tuned in. It is the one only Balls and Tea is the only relevant podcast to listen to in the entire world. Guys, we're talking golf, We're talking business, We're talking comaraderie. We're just having fun. And guess what, with all the fun that we're having, we're just saying, please, let's use golf to unwind, Let's use golf to network, let's use golf to expand our businesses. Today we are joined by the one and only Kyser and she is a golfer. She is in the consulting space from a business point of view. And then, yeah, we're just having a lot of fun. We're having a beautiful chat. Now I'm yet to ask her some of the West golf experiences as well as some of the best memories she's head on the golf course. So please stay tuned in as I engaged with Tanda.
Speaker 3: Are you still with me?
Speaker 4: I'm here awesome only when I hear about my good experiences, because I don't if you want to share with the bad ones.
Speaker 3: You know, you know, you know.
Speaker 2: The funny thing about golf is that your West experiences actually shape up your best game.
Speaker 3: Take it from me.
Speaker 2: For example, the worst experience I've had on the golf course, I think, yeah, it was actually earlier this year at a golf day in Johannes bag So whilst I was playing there, someone hit the ball from behind me. From behind me and they screamed four. The first reaction that came to that came to mind was dropped down. Don't even look back, don't turn your head, just dropped So I went so quick then I squatted so quick that my my pants tore on the spot and it was very discomforting. So it was not a nice side And luckily, luckily what my mind told me to do, I did it on time because that ball was heading straight from my head, so it just passed as I as I went down. So afterwards, I think I think my game improved with torn pens. I had to buy new pants and that at the pro shop.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, that is insane. Yeah, we're being too tight, Like did they hit properly?
Speaker 2: No, they were, they were loose enough. It's just that I think. I think it's just how how quick I moved so I stretched them.
Speaker 4: Yeah you told the bullet because you know it's better than towns. Then, Yeah, being hit by that little bowl.
Speaker 3: And the thing is painful.
Speaker 2: It's hit me three times already, and yeah, it wasn't a nice experience. But anyway, I was just saying, please do not be embarrassed to share your West moments. In the golf course because everyone has them. I've seen a professional golfer missing a tear of shot, so it happens to the best of us.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, if I think about my worst moments, there's actually a lot of them. I think the highlight for me. You know, like with ladies outfits, you've got dresses, skirts, and then you have long pants. So yeah, so this particular day, I'm wearing my long pants because it's obviously cloudy, but for some reason, the zip would just not stay up right. And I'm fully dressed, but every time I check myself, the zip is open, and my peers will keep reminding me, start out your zip. And you know, one of the guys had to borrow with the belt because they could see and from sucking. I had to take out my lung thing that I was wearing, you know, like it was cold. It was a bit cold, so I cut my chasy wrapped this around my way. He said like, no, but it's cold. I'm like, yeah, but my zip is acting up. And someone just took off their belts and they're like, okay, such your self out and then I was able to focus to the game, focus from the game again. But it was tricky. It was it was affecting me mentally.
Speaker 2: No, definitely, and I'm really sorry for having such an experience. But I hope after you got that sorted out, you started playing your golf instead of a disteped game of golf.
Speaker 4: Exactly, My naturals wing came back because now I was not worried about my seap going off. Was the only lady on the football So can you imagine? Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry about that.
Speaker 2: But but like I said, each one of us have a lot of embarrassing moments.
Speaker 3: I mean, we all play to go.
Speaker 2: Through all these experiences. That's that's the nice thing about golf. There's no one who can say that they've mastered it. So there's no one also who can say that they've prevented things from happening. I mean, certain pros, you find them so frustrated, they break their clubs, and at the time they are alive on TV, so we're watching them, We're like, okay, what's going on? So please do not feel embarrassed about that. It happens, and hopefully it will repeated itself.
Speaker 4: Yeah no, I'm thinking to dresses, no long pens.
Speaker 3: Oh my, stick to them.
Speaker 2: Hopefully nothing, nothing else will happen in the gist of the moment. But now moving right along time, I just want to find out. I mean, as you know, in golf, there's there's water, hasards, there's the rough, there's bunkers, and those things they actually represent risk. I mean they are there to actually shake you, shake you off a bit as a golf I mean, if you fall into a fairway bunker, it becomes very complex and very stressful for you to actually try to approach the green from that shot if you're not fully confident, as well as if there is let's say water that you have to cross sometimes in the steps you mentally.
Speaker 3: Now, I want to find out.
Speaker 2: From you, if you were to look at the space that you oper waiting in from a professional level in terms of your consulting services, how how do you come across such risks if there are any within the business s fere and what measures do you actually take to mitigate.
Speaker 4: Such Yeah, that's a good question. So, yeah, in golf we always face those hazards. And in most cases, if somebody sees the banker and they know their banker game, it's not good already. You panic and you try avoid the banker and you shank and you are even in more more trouble, so exactly, or you try to avoid what you end up hitting the tree and then you go back and it just you know, adds more more to your problems. So in my business, well, to actually manage this, we focus on tier complaint complaints, checks around checks, you know, testing different scenarios, and ensuring that we put in place the mechanisms that can resolve conflicts quickly so that the partnership can stay on the cause. There's obviously a couple of risks that I'm you know, in place when it comes to B two B making matchmaking. Yeah, sometimes you can you can find that partners might not be pulling into the same direction, or the political shift or the shifts in the regulations. Like I said, there's all these changes. But for us, actually manage the risk, manage the hazards so that you don't find yourself in trouble. Upfront, You do your compliance checks, you do your all the controls in place, actually manage the risk and ensuring that the partnership stays on the cause.
Speaker 2: All right, So we're still on risk and risks and hazards. I just want to find out from you in terms of your golf. Have you ever found yourself in a situation where you approach a hole where the green is actually surrounded by water, and then suddenly the green starts looking like it's shrinking or it's becoming smaller.
Speaker 3: Then it starts intimidating you.
Speaker 2: Even in that situation, how do you then reposition your mind to say, listen, let me stick to the game that I've been playing, or do you then just panic and then carry on as if that will be your last shot of the day.
Speaker 3: I just want to find out from you.
Speaker 2: How how do you then come across many situations on the golf course.
Speaker 4: In every hole, I stick to my basic principles, no matter how intimidating the hole is. And my first principle I stand on the teabox, I align myself, I look at the flag, I read the distance. Once I understand the distance, I take the club. This is accurate for the stance. Now it depends that it might be windy and I'm playing into the wind, and I have to play, you know, a bit of a at maybe a club over. But then I just measure the distance, select the right club, and I hit the ball and in most cases, I'm lucky, and at times it doesn't work. And do you know what they say, the more you play, the luckier you get. So I really don't worry about Sometimes I even say I don't know what I'm in front of me. I would even say that actually know what I're in front of me. Yeah, and my game on those patteries have improved. Yeah, in the beginning I used to struggle. I will blow every parttery, but currently not, I don't blow them as much.
Speaker 3: I believe at the moment, you're getting your past, you're getting your babies.
Speaker 4: Well persant bookies. When I'm lucky, I get a baby. Yeah ouch, oh yeah.
Speaker 3: No, that's goodness.
Speaker 2: So so speaking of the more you practice or the more you play, the luckier you get, would you say that would be the same philosophy or concept when it comes.
Speaker 3: To b to be match making in your in your space.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't think lucky existing business, eh, But the more you play in business, the more you have experience and your work speaks for itself. So it's like, the more you play, the more I know of you, and you expeak for itself. So we can always use the same terminology, but not the term lucky, because it's not about luck, it's about you know your capability, your competencies, your skills. You know your service offerings and how you deliver your reputation as well. So does a lot of things involved.
Speaker 2: Young Yeah, you know, you actually mentioned something very critical in the previous question where you said that, for instance, when you approach those island path reads, you would look at the distance and make sure that you select.
Speaker 3: The correct club.
Speaker 2: I often hear a lot of people saying that a great golfer would visualize the successful shot. Now, with that being set, when it comes to business to business relationships, how do you then help two different businesses to actually visualize the end goal or the relationship that you're trying to establish between the two of them.
Speaker 4: Okay, so well, in golf, if you look at golf having to visualize your shots, right, you have markers that tell you how far you are from the green right, and that guides you because you can't visualize something you don't understand. Before you visualize your shorts, you need to know how far you can you know you can hit the ball. So in business partnerships, you have KPIs which works the same way. They give very clear miserable rules stones so that both partners know how close they are to the shared goals, whether it's driven growth, market entry, impact out comes. So that just guides the process because when there's KPIs and then the goals are clear and the visual.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, that definitely makes sense. Now I just want to find out. I mean, you've played golf, like you said, you you play, you play golf, and you didn't want to disclose exactly how many times you play in a week, but hopefully it's nothing less than four times in a week.
Speaker 4: So I'm not telling you.
Speaker 3: I understand.
Speaker 2: I understand that wouldn't even share how many times I played golf in a week, although I don't really play that much. But I just want to find out. Obviously, when you go to any golf course, you would definitely, maybe especially in new golf courses, you would do a bit of research to find out how long the holes are and then also to find out if there's dog legs left or right, and then you would look into the weather to see what the weather would be like on the day that you play. Now, those are I would presume, or I would take it from my side to say that those are risks that one is willing to calculate. I mean, if you're going to spend a thousand runks for a round of golf, you would definitely look at what you're getting in return. So I want to find out from a business point of view, when we talk.
Speaker 3: About calculated risks.
Speaker 2: Especially when it comes to business to business expansion, would you relate it to be similar to how one would assess risks when it comes to approaching new golf courses, Like I.
Speaker 4: Said, Well, I would say it's because you know, you assess it the the same way. But you know, calculated risk is all about being bold, but you need facts on your side. Right. It's like trying to end for a baby over water. It looks very risky because you're like, okay for this path three, I want to get a baby. But you've got water in the middle of you know, in front of the hole, and maybe you have banger on your left and your right. So all you do you study your distance, you look at the conditions. You understand your swing. You know that if I swing this way, my bowl will stay in the middle, stay on the line, or if I do my shoulder this way, So you do that even in business. That means you test the different scenarios, you check your assumptions, you put the necessary safeguards in place before making any move, because before you make business decisions, you need to actually know, you know certain how is what are you looking for? What's in it for you? You look at the assumptions, you put the necessary self guards in place, and then you make your move.
Speaker 3: Awesome stuff. You know.
Speaker 2: Actually, I actually want to share something with you.
Speaker 3: You mentioned that, for instance, you would.
Speaker 2: Take certain things into consideration when playing golf, and you know, I'm a natural fade when it comes to go with my swingers in natural faith. So a couple of years ago when I played, there's a particular course here in Saint Children sat Children golf course and they've got this long part three island hole. I think it's about two hundred and fifteen meters, So I mean I'm a long hitter as well, So I mean two hundred and fifteen meters for me, you're looking at around a four ie to actually get to the distance.
Speaker 3: So I would take my club and I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, you know what, I in the right direction and then first swing, I see my ball is in the air. It has the distance, but it then decides to go the drong direction. Right then I decided, okay, let me let me play again from the T box. Let me not go and drop because I believe I can actually hit this.
Speaker 3: This this green.
Speaker 2: So I aim more towards the left, do the same thing, and then for some reason, the.
Speaker 3: Faith just gets wet. Now the third teen.
Speaker 2: I decided, okay, let me then close my club base.
Speaker 3: Perhaps I will get it straight.
Speaker 2: So I close my club base and then there it is a hook.
Speaker 3: So I ended up not hitting the green.
Speaker 2: Now, with that being said, I mean it's it's one of those things where you'd say, you know what, I've assessed the situation. I've looked at the possible risks. I've looked at what's what's possible or what is impossible, and then you find yourself actually missing the goal. Have you experienced such a thing when it comes to B to B mesh making, for instance, where you're like, you know what, I've assessed these two different businesses, and I believe that they would be a great match. But when you when you when you sit down with both of them and you try to match make them, you find that regardless of the similarities, or regardless of your assessments, you find that they still don't don't jail And yeah, I don't know if I'm making sense to you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I hear so well. In the business, you know, sometimes it happens. That's why, like for instance, things can go wrong, which is why, like I said earlier on, you do your your checks in the beginning, and then you know what works and you know what can possibly work or what might not work. But you obviously when you do this, you know, initial matchmaking in the beginning, you will make sure that you have governance score cards, little guide you know what you do right, because then even when something goes wrong, you know there's still something that governs what you do. You do your periodic health checks, you know, dispute resolutions because you know sometimes when things are not aligned, when there's misalignment, there can be disagreements. How do you then, you know, resolve disagreements. Yeah, so that way, even when they you know, doesn't go the weight's supposed to go, but the partnership is still protected or intact regardless of the you know, this didn't work, that almost work. They didn't work, you know, but when you're around it in what guides how you make decisions, and then yeah, you might get something out of it.
Speaker 2: Awesome stuff, Awesome stuff that definitely makes sense, you know. I like how you relate golf to business. It's so it comes so natural to you.
Speaker 3: It's like you do this on a daily basis.
Speaker 2: You see it, and then you're like the seventh and if I'm eight, one hundred and fifty, it means from a governance point of view in business, I can actually do this. And then I like the relationship you actually make between what you love, which is golf, and your second lass, which is weak.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's cool. So let's go for another two minute break.
Speaker 2: Let's go grab some refreshments, and then when we come back, we'll be just addressing a few more questions and then there will be the end of our discussion. But I have to say it has been quite great check into you, especially mixing business with pleasure. I always say when you talk, when you talk business and golf, it's missiness with pleasure because there's nothing nicer than playing golf. I always say to everyone who doesn't play golf that they're missing out. Everything happens on the golf course. So whenever I get an opportunity to engage with someone who can mix the tool golf and business. I'm always excited, So let's go for the two in the break and then we'll come back. We can now wrap up and have ourselves a great evening.
Speaker 1: In a world where fairways meet the airwaves, where birdiees and banker collide. Welcome to the show that takes you beyond the clubhouse and onto the green. There's balls and teas, your passport to the golfing universe, where every swing tells the story and every part has its punchline. Get ready to step onto the large screens and dive into the world of givets, drives and delightful better.
Speaker 2: All right, ladies and gentlemen, it is still the one and only twenty tone on Bowls and Tears. As I said, this is the only podcast you ever ever want.
Speaker 3: To listen to worldwide.
Speaker 2: We're talking golf, we're talking business, camaraderie, were having fun, we having lighthearted conversations. This is the space where social golfers actually get to express themselves. People who are always in the work environment come here to distress. So wherever you are, however, you're listening to me, whether it's on your phone, whether it's on your laptop, whether it's on the radio.
Speaker 3: Please do know that we would like to have a chat with you next.
Speaker 2: So wherever you are, go onto our social media platforms and touch base with us and tell us that you want to be on the SHO. I will definitely contact you and then we can have a beautiful conversation again. So ladies and gentlemen, whiles I'm still here, I just want to share with you beautiful, beautiful great news to let you know that on the nineteenth of November twenty twenty five, there is a prestigious golf day by Africa Summit Investments that will be happening at Aye of Africa. So I mean Eye of Africa is one of the most prestigious golf courses that we have. Get in out and so make sure that you go to the website to actually check what is happening. So the website is www dot Samit Organization dot Africa and then you can get more details there. We also have contact details for non Buomelelo which is zero seven nine one four six four three two two. Alternatively, you can also contact SIPO on zero six zero seven three five eight seven sixty six and they can share more details regarding this or speech occasion that's taking place on the nineteenth of November. So, ladies and gentlemen, as you know, we've got our guest, and she is still hyped up. She actually wants to go on for another two hours because she's excited that we're speaking her language, which is golf and business. So Thunderga, thank you once again for joining us, and I believe that we are ready to go. Lend me bombach you with more questions, but let's for the most let's have a beautiful conversation.
Speaker 3: Thunderga, you back, I'm here awesome stuff.
Speaker 2: So you know, you know, thunder got during the break, I thought of something. You know, I've been playing a lot of golf with senior individuals, people who are just over sixty into their seventies, and they always talk about cost management or cost correction to me because they look at me and they're like, listen, man, you know you're still young.
Speaker 3: You've got energy.
Speaker 2: You can hit the balls far, but when you get within the hundred meter mark from the green, that's why you make a lot of mistakes. And they said, look at me, I am seventy two years for instance, and I don't hit, I don't hit far, but I plan accordingly and instead of focusing on long shots, I would rather focus on accuracy. Now that's where that's where the cost management aspect comes in to say, if we are on a path forward, that intention at the west would be to be on the green with the third shot, but they want to be as close as possible to the pen. Now on my side, I want to be on the green with my second shot, regardless of how long the holies. I want to be there on the second shot, and I then three parts and end up getting a power same as they did, or they even get a baby. Now with that in mind, I just want to ask you time that I mean from a business point of view when you talk about risk management, right, I just want to find out with regards to partnerships, the B to B partnerships that you actually conduct or the ones that you actually formulate with different businesses when they start to go of course, or when things don't go the way that you ideally wanted them to go, or whether the partners they don't come to an agreement with certain things, what immediate risk interventions do you actually recommend to get them back on the their way, if I can put it that.
Speaker 4: Way, well, the one is straightforward, honestly, because you know, sometimes things don't go according to blend. But when the partnership goes off track, the first step to do is quickly find out you know what is wrong, because you always know when you go into business something might go wrong because you need to be risk address. You would have done your calculatives, turn all of that, and sometimes you might find that there's smashed expectations and maybe weak governance, you know, or maybe financial pressure. But once you know, once you know the cause, then you can we can help the partners fix it, whether that means negotiating the terms or tightening the controls or restructuring the deal so it gets back on the cause. You figure it out. But once you know, then you put those things in place at the end of the day that they will get back on the cause. It's the same as when you play on nice long drive. It's very long, but it's on the right of the furway, it's on the tree. What do you do? You go behind the ball, you assess what club do you need in order to get to where you need to be? Do you want to punch back to the faway or does it get or you can just punch. So in most cases, if the gap is not big enough in front of me, there's more problems. I just punch back to the fairway and then I have a clear shot instead of trying to take the long way, take dollars, can stand the chance of hitting the tree and go back and meters backwards. So even in business, it's simply there. You just check if it's off track, you find out what a pend and then once you know what a pen, and then you fix and then yeah, part of the fishing, you negotiate, you know, you put on the controls, you will structure the deal, get back on the curse.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm laughing is because many times when you find ourselves under those situations where you are in the rough or there's a tree in front of you, the first thing that comes in mind is all these tricks.
Speaker 3: You're like, listen for it.
Speaker 2: If I can aim, If I can aim two feet to the right of this tree and then just hit a hook, I'll definitely past this. Then before you know it, when you hit that shot, the ball is coming back at you.
Speaker 3: So I do that a lot. I do that a lot a lot.
Speaker 2: So I think I will learn today to say, listen, when I'm behind the tree, the best thing, that the best thing to do would be to punch it out, put it on the fair way. Same thing would apply in business to say that, you know what, whenever I come across any form of conflict or any unfavorable conditions, the first thing to do is to go back to my mind map and say, okay, where did we go wrong?
Speaker 3: And then how can we then fix it?
Speaker 2: So you know I told you that I'm speaking your language today, I'm speaking business, your first and second love.
Speaker 4: My love languages. This all my love languages. Now.
Speaker 3: Well, going back to I mean long drives and.
Speaker 2: Cost management as well as cost correcting, right, I want to find out man, I mean for me as as we're having this conversation, I am a very visual person and I like.
Speaker 3: Building puzzles.
Speaker 2: So when we're talking about business to business connection, I mean I related to a very good drive on my end. And but when when we're talking about sustainability and longevity, uh, in golf particularly, we we are talking about the partying as well as the keeping and cheaping, the cheaping and pitching right now on your end when when when we talk, when we go back to the business fear, how how do you then ensure that the B two B connections that you create, uh health longevity or there is continuity when it when it comes to the services that you provide for those partnerships.
Speaker 4: Well, let's try forward. So firstly, we abt the governance scorecard because the guides what you do. Then we'll have our periodic health checks. Everybody knows where we are, what we're doing, were checking periodically, and then the dispute resolutions integrated into our B two B agreements. And then this way, even after the drive, even after the drive of the daily struck, the short game on the partnership, which is the continuity is still protected because then when you embed all of these things, you are safe. So your short game partnership, which is continuation, is protected because when your governance got cards a year, when your periodic periodic health checks are in place, when these dispute dispute resolutions are embedded, and then no matter what happens in the deal, the short on the partnership is protected. It's a framework. Hmm.
Speaker 3: So that's framework that you've done obviously it would be based on research prior to engaging these entities and formulating that connection.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you will do your research, You will do your background checks, you will do all of those things, and you know what they're looking for. And then the scorecards will everything have to speak to the dealer hand. M hm.
Speaker 2: Now speaking about the dealer hand, I mean, like I said, I'm very visual and i like building puzzles, and the one thing that I'm very good at is analyzing a golf game. Although I'm a terrible golfer. I'm not the best. For as long as I've been playing golf, I'm not the best, but I'm very good when it comes to analyzing the game as well as people's swings, except for my own swing.
Speaker 3: Now, I just want to.
Speaker 2: Say something yet to say, you know, when you play golf, obviously you can check the weather.
Speaker 3: In the morning to say, okay, what's going to be happening.
Speaker 2: Will it be sunny, will it be rainy, will they be hel will there be a lot of wind, So that you can prepare yourself mentally and obviously make sure that you take the.
Speaker 3: Right gear, and then you.
Speaker 2: Position your strategy barely to say how you're going to approach the entire golf course. Now, the weather would obviously change at certain points in time, and then you get to the golf course you find that perhaps the greens are still under maintenance, right, which then becomes a challenge for you personally, because now you become handicapped due.
Speaker 3: To the weather or due to to.
Speaker 2: The maintenance that's taking place. Your game gets disrupted. Now, if we were to take that same concept and apply to a partnership agreement, I mean, with a partnership agreement, two entities would then agree to say this is what we agree upon.
Speaker 3: These are at TEMs and conditions, and.
Speaker 2: Certain risks will be taken into consideration to say this is how we're going to mitigate these risks. Now, when you draft that partnership, I just want to find out, how do you then ensure that the partnership is in such a way that it withstands all the challenges that could ever come across the entire partnership as a whole, to make sure that the relationship continues forever or it remains effective over a long period of time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a very helpful question. But key way to my answer they is flexibility. I'll tell you why you want to make you your stil flexible with pricing that can be adjusted with exit options if things change and sustainability measures. That way, the partnership will will work, whether in both in both good and bad times. You know whether things are good, the partnership will work. And when things are not going great, you go back and see what needs to be adjusted right and then if you know exiting is a better option, that's also another option. But you want you deal to be flexible, so that's when conditions change, you're able to actually make the decision that is aligned with that current condition. You find yourself in same way as and the the fillways. You know when you're playing the water might change or always if my umbrella, if it drains, I just pull it out. I don't melt. As long as there's no storm, the game proceeds. At the moment there's a storm, then it's dangerous. Then we have to exceit. You can't hit the club. Same as in business flexibility.
Speaker 2: You know, I was actually going to ask you what do you do in the golf course if there's if the weather changes, do you immediately escape when it starts raining or do you continue playing up until Obviously, it is advisable for you to get off the course when there's lightning, so I think you you've already play up until the bell rings.
Speaker 3: Out.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, Now, If if you play like that, then I think we should play around of golf. Although the weather the moment here and outing is quite unpredictable because it's rainy season, so anytime it can rain. But as long as there's no lightning, I think will continue playing.
Speaker 4: As long as there's no lightning, you know, the game continues. M hm.
Speaker 2: Now Now, Now, like I said earlier, I'm still here to ask you questions about your experience in golf. Obviously, I've already giving us a highlight of one of the most embarrassing moments you've encountered on the golf course. But I would really really like to get a gist of your highlights in the game itself. What were the higher moments where you're like, yo, I enjoyed myself.
Speaker 3: Oh I did great here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know I do have some highlights guys, you know, like last Friday, I played on a golf day. Okay, my handicap index is a bit high because my golf has been not that great it's currently twenty five point nine. So when I was playing this golf day, I was playing of daty one and on this particular golf day, I was on fire. I shot ninety three. I was and I had one patty. I had one patty and it was difficult countries. It would ease. And then on the first nine I shot forty eight and it was only like what bugist bogies and then I blew one per five and triple bogie in one of four part and then bogie bog is forty eight done from home number ten it was bogie Brady and then yeah and then bogie bogie is part and then triple bogie. Oh, double bogie because it was a part five. Then it was four to five. I shot ninety three. I've never made so many points. That was like the best game ever. It's like the hairs. I was like, oh my god, I need to repeat this.
Speaker 3: I need to repeat this.
Speaker 2: You've got to be very careful, right because now we will start auditing your handicap.
Speaker 4: Stop. Wait, guys, I wanted to repeat this name, listen to this. Played this game on a Friday. I'm like, I need to repeat this. And then I've got a game. How get to Halton. It's a nice tournament. I'm just coming in as a guest because I was not part of the tournament. From the beginning. Well, I got a good football, good players too old you know, old people, those ones above sixty and myself and my card partner, I think we're the same age group, and I'm not sure. But anyway, this day was not going as great as the other day, but I was still number one on my football. So when we started, I was struggling. I think it took me long to warm up. I think I blew like two holes in the beginning. Then after that it was per bogy bogy. Now the old people are like, okay, the more she plays, the better she gets. She's dealing with all of us. Yes, I love yeah, because they were like, oh this girl, she's playing off thirty one and now this that's asking me, oh, so what do you do for a living? When are we playing again? And I did win on that football. I finished five over. Yeah she was five over, but she was still a win.
Speaker 3: Like I said to you, you have to be very careful. We are going to audit that INDICAB by the end of this year. It will be way below to.
Speaker 4: Know. I wish, you know, sometimes I play very so what happens. Sometimes I toy a lot and I play courses I'm not familiar with, and then you know, it's a combination of you know, golf and and fun and it's just a lot. And then then I don't play so great, and then I'm blowing or the time my handicap ends up being the way it is. But when I come back to my normal courses, home courses, familiar grounds, then I play well. And then yeah, but anyway, let's see how the adit goes by the end of the samber.
Speaker 2: Now, I believe that it would have improved drastically as long as you continue playing. And uh yeah, I mean I'm looking forward to to a game with you. Please do not do not what do they what do they say in English? Do not surpass the master? You know, I played the sport for Saul. But yeah, you would say, you would say a different story when you play with me.
Speaker 3: I'm not chatting, yeah, but yeah, time too.
Speaker 2: It's been It's been fantastic chatting to you, and I really enjoyed my time. I believe that our audience enjoyed that time. Listening to you and thank you for actually enlightening us with your expertise knowledge in business to business match making. I believe that all our audience have learned a lot about business to business matchmaking. And if there's anything that I would like to ask you, is this nineteenth November I of Africa Africa Summit Investments.
Speaker 3: There is ago of day.
Speaker 2: I hope you'll be coming through to join us and have the best time of your life. I mean I of Africa. It's actually I think it's one of the long courses that we have here in Houting as well. But it's a very beautiful golf course, so I look forward to seeing you there. There will be a lot of businesses involved, or business people rather in that space, so I believe it will be an opportunity for you to actually do what you do best, which is.
Speaker 3: BA to D match making.
Speaker 4: Yeah. No, absolutely, I'll be happy to be there. I'll look forward to reach I'm sure that it will be beneficial to actually here participating in a golf day.
Speaker 3: One hundred percent.
Speaker 2: So with that being said, Tandaga, let me love and leave you. Please have yourself a beautiful evening and make sure that you continue playing golf. One other thing, please do not be embarrassed with those embarrassing moments in golf.
Speaker 3: It happens.
Speaker 2: It's just normal for all the golf us to actually go through some form of embarrassment. So next time when someone asks you what's your most embarrassing moment, just you know, just make fun of it and say, you know what, I had a hole in one. There's nothing more embarrassing than that awesome stuff. Now, it's been great having you, so thank you so much. Right, ladies and gentlemen, this is the end of our show. Is the one and only Tony two. Make sure that you tune in every single Wednesday, Bows and Ties. As I said, we are available on Spotify, Amazon, and on our own platform www dot Bosantis, dot golf. All the episodes are there and listen. I am so happy to be back to be on your airwaves. Please please, please please engage with us on our social media and make sure that you raise your hand to be on our show.
Speaker 3: Out love to check to you. Yes you do.
Speaker 2: Don't even look sideways or ask yourself questions. I'm talking to you. I'm looking forward to having a chat with you and having you on our show to make sure that we understand what's happening in your world. With that being said, ladies and gentlemen, it is a Wednesday evening, and like I always say, the weekends starts today. For those who are waking on Thursday, good luck. And for those who are waking on Friday, please come and consult with me. I'll teach you how to start your weekend on a Wednesday. Have a great evening, then we'll chat later