Speaker 1: Rick, are you doing buddy?
Speaker 2: Hey? Man? I love that open? You got Alan Roach to do the open to my segment? Man, I'm not.
Speaker 3: Worthy well, to be fair, Road found out we were doing an intro and he volunteered himself, and he's like, I got to be a part of that. I got to be a part of what's going on there with Broncos country tonight and what the funk with the legend Rick Lewis.
Speaker 2: I love it, man, I love it. I love the open. What the funk happened on that field goal attempt is the story of this week. You know, when you consider that the Chiefs players and coaches were aware of the problem the Broncos were having on the left side of their offensive line on not only field goals but extra points, you would assume the Broncos also knew that, and then what happened like there was no adjustment made. Apparently It's going to be really interesting to watch what happened Sunday when they played the Falcons, see what they do there with Alex Forsyth or whatever they're going to do on that side of the line, because you cannot let that happen. This team would have been six and four and then the driver's seat really for the postseason. So that was a huge disappointment. I got to tell you guys, though, I heard you guys talking about bone Nicks. You know, one of the cool things about traveling with the team and broadcasting the games on the road is it's like you're behind enemy lines. That's how I feel when I go in there, and it's a really cool feeling to be walking in there with your soldiers, with your people, your crew, behind enemy lines. And when I was out there at halftime, you know, made my sprint to the restroom before a hundred other men got in there. And I'm listening to these old Kansas City media dudes, these grizzle old guys, you know that have probably been doing this for forty years, and they were talking about bon Nicks, and they were talking about the Broncos, and they were saying things like, man, this club is good, this club is good, and that kid is good. Man, that kid can spin it, you know. So I'd just like to listen because you can you can get a good feel what the media from the other team thinks about your team. And man, they had nothing but good things to say about the Broncos and Bow, Nick, So take that for what it's worth.
Speaker 4: Well, with that being said, Rake, what more would you like to see from Bow? And the reason I asked that question because doing that conversation that Ben and I had before you came on, he was talking about some comments some individuals who from NBC made as far.
Speaker 1: As comparing Bowl to tas some heel.
Speaker 4: So, is there anything that you've seen that would give you an indication that they're going down the right roll? And also what would you like to see Bow start to do in these next couple of games?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't see the Chase in Hill comparison at all, other than the fact that Bow is a good running quarterback. Bow obviously much better arm talent than Taysom Hill ever dreamed of. I'd like to see Bo run more, you know. The last couple of games, Nick, it seems like he's pulled back from that aspect of his football game, and I think that's a big weapon for him. Though maybe they told him, you know, try not to run so much, you know, kind of step up in the pocket, see if you can make some throws, which he did, but I think that is such a big element for him. I would like to see him continue to use his legs here down the stretch, which makes things really really difficult for opposing defenses. As you know better than anybody, that's a tough thing to defend. And he's a much better runner than anybody thought he was going to be. So if he continues to develop as a path we did see that last week against Kansas City, I'd like to see him still continue to run the ball when he gets the chance.
Speaker 3: Tyler Rick lewis color analyst of your Denver Broncos. Rick, the Broncos alway knew this was going to be a tough stretcher apt Baltimore. You're at Kansas City, but the third game you get to come home and you take on the Atlanta Falcons. They're a team that is almost the antithesis of the Denver Broncos.
Speaker 1: All gas, no.
Speaker 3: Breaks on offense, but that defense is bad.
Speaker 1: They're worse than the league in sacks. They can't pressure the quarterback.
Speaker 3: As we look forward to this matchup, this could potentially be a huge day for bo Nicks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's kind of looking that way. Ben and the Falcons are beat up if they have like a mass unit on their injury report, sixteen guys today and then a big weapon for them just popped up on the injury report today and that's Darnell Mooney. They're very talented wide receiver who's having a Pro Bowl year. He popped up today with an achilles and I think we all know how tricky that can be, especially for a skill position player, and he's really really good. And you mentioned their defense. The other defense is really they struggled. They've got a bunch of injuries on that side of the ball as well. They have a tough time stopping the run and the pass. So this should be a game where the Broncos should be able to score some points, you know, get into that mid twenty twenty seven point range, and if they do that in the Broncos defense plays like they've been playing, Broncos really should win this game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Broncos defense has been playing exceptionally well all season long in I mean the linch band as to why the Broncos are where they are right now. But this aspect of the Broncos team that hasn't really gotten own check just yet, and that is the running game. And based on what we saw in the final minutes of that Kansas City game. Everything leads to Aldric Esime being the lead back from here on out. When you watch these games with Dave Logan, when you call the game and you watch how these guys play, do you think it's time for the Broncos to make Audric Esime the lead back?
Speaker 2: You know what, I'm comfortable with that. I said that last week going into the game, assuming he's not going to fumble the football, and certainly you could see that they trust him. He was the guy in there at crunch time when they were getting into position for that game winning field goal that got blocked. I think we're going to see more and more of him. The one thing we don't know about him is how is he in pass pro? Can he catch the ball out of the backfield or is he just more of a one dimensional power running back. And if that's the case, that's fine, because Javonte is good at catching balls out of the backfield and he's their best guy in pass pro. So I'm comfortable, you know, letting him be the primary ball carrier and maybe Julie and Javonte are more your third down backs. I think that's probably a pretty good combination. What I'm really concerned about this week, and I wanted to ask you, Nick, having played for as long as you did, would you play in a game like that and you laid it all out there in the field, man, you left your heart on that field. And then a devastating loss like that, how do you get back up for the next week? I mean, you can only afford to think about that for one day, that's Monday. But is it possible for this team to regroup in time and play with that type of intensity and energy this week against the Falcons?
Speaker 4: Yeah you can, because Rake, you have more games to be played in the season. Le Broncos are still trying to keep there and hold their playoff position. Right now, I'm thinking's the seventh seed. And yeah, it frustrated a lot of individuals. It was disappointing. But use that anger, Use that frustration, don't you know? Point fingers at Alex ForSight, they're the guys on the offensive line, because if you're totally honest, the games there never came down to that single play. But you can use that negative energy to go out there and punish the Falcons on both to the ball, make them feel you're anger and your frustration for losing that game that you should have won on the road against Kansas City.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we know they're a well coached football team with a veteran head coach on On Baydon and these guys mostly a younger, hungry football team. They've shown that they're resilient. I hope that's the case Sunday. They need to I wouldn't say this is a must win game, but I'm going to say they need to win the game on Sunday. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think that they do.
Speaker 3: I mean, we knew this was a tough stretch, but you know, we thought they could come away with one of three. This could be the one of those three that come away with. We've talked a little bit about other guests maybe in the early down back, but in this game, and I'm with that.
Speaker 1: I've supported that.
Speaker 3: I've been talking about that, maybe a role reversal where you put Javonte in the Samaje roll fro Lasher.
Speaker 1: I've be talking about differcult weeks.
Speaker 3: This game is the game that I would feature Jaliel in because I've been watching the Falcons and I got to be honest, they're slow on defense. Maybe you can go sideline to sideline and take and use Jaleel in that speed to wear this thing out early and get something going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good point. It seems like all their speed is on the offensive side of the ball. And I'm also hoping that that the Broncos will be able to complete some you know, some long throws to Troy Franklin, Marvin Mims, Courtland Sutton, whoever. But that's one thing that this offense has lacked, not only just a consistent running game, but that vertical thread. Who's it going to be? Troy Franklin look like he might be that guy, but he dropped two of them and bow overthrew him on another one. But I do think that Troy Franklin is showing enough promise that he could be that guy. It's interesting what they're doing with Marvin Mims to kind of trying to turn him into a you know, Deebo Samuel two point zero type player. I think they'll probably continue to tinker with that and see if they can, you know, get some success with that. And I think it's a good idea. You know, it's a totally different look than what we've seen here in the first half of the season.
Speaker 3: Rug we gotta get going here. But you got a benefit coming up here soon. You want to tell us about it?
Speaker 2: What the funk? Then yes, I'll be laying down the funk at the Buffalo Rose on a week from tomorrow night, that's November twenty second. It's a benefit for the Alzheimer's Association. All the profits will go to Alzheimer's. It's a cause that's near and dear to my heart. My grandmother had it. And my band's gonna be playing a full two hour concert from seven to nine, and tickets toron sale. From what I hear, all the tables up front are already sold out, but there's still some good seats left. Go to Buffaloosgolden dot com and get your tickets and hopefully I can get Nick Ferguson out there next week. I did invite him and his wife.
Speaker 3: Well, he does have a show to do right here at Broncos Country, But if we let him off the hook, maybe he'll be able to get out there and do that.
Speaker 2: Rick.
Speaker 1: We always appreciate your.
Speaker 2: Time, cause, man, yes, a good cause. Let's you let him off the hook.
Speaker 3: We'll see if Dave Tepper, if Grinch, Dave Temper will let us off to.
Speaker 1: We'll see, we'll see what happens, sir Rick. We always appreciate time, buddy.
Speaker 2: All right, guys, thanks, that's
Speaker 1: For Luish color Us the Denver Broncos