Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped off news, need advice when.
Speaker 2: You don't have.
Speaker 3: Come running just as nass as we can.
Speaker 4: Shooter's gonna help coming.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: This is the Troubleshooter Show. Now Tom Martine.
Speaker 6: Good morning. This is not Tom Martine. This is John Fuller filling in for Tom, who'll be here later this morning. And those of you that know me know that I am a personal injury attorney here in town, have been for a long time, and so I really like coming to the program where we can talk about just all things that are going on with you. As you know, we solve problems, answer questions, take complaints, do all the normal fun stuff that we do here, and we look forward to your calls. Today we are gonna talk about a bunch of crazy stuff. What an amazing, weird, crazy time it is in our country right now. I mean, yeah, John, the media is just kind of like you know, four years ago or eight years ago all over again, and it's just I hope it's not a sign of what we have to come for the next four years.
Speaker 7: Well have you seen all the executive orders that Trump has signed?
Speaker 2: It is just amazing. Why is that news to anybody? Though?
Speaker 7: What amazes me is our system where Joe Biden can come in or any president could come in and sign executive orders and then four years later all those executive.
Speaker 2: Orders can be undone.
Speaker 7: I mean, the variability of it seems to me a little bit crazy that for four years you do something and then it's undone four years later. Whether it's Democrat or Republican, it just seems like a crazy system.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is.
Speaker 6: I mean, that's kind of the I mean, that's the world we live in, though, I mean, to do otherwise would require, you know, the entire lawmaking process of going through the House and the Senate and back and forth sixteen times and getting something that you could get this, you know, all these people to agree upon and finally to get a law to be signed. It's just never going to happen in a short period of time. And so really, you know, even though the president is elected for four years, the reality is it's really only a two year term because at the end of that two years you have midterms and the country as a whole gets to say either thumbs up thumbs down, you're going in the right direction or you're not. And so the only opportunity you have to just more or less do your thing is that first two years of the administration, and then if you know, if you get a thumb of approval or you know, thumbs up of approval at the end of midterms, then maybe four.
Speaker 2: But I think there's just no time.
Speaker 6: I mean, you think about, even in your personal life, how quickly a month goes by in six months, and stuff that blitz in the White House has to go by in just a blink of the eye, and terms of all the stuff that they deal with, and particularly that lucky guy that's the president. But Biden did the same thing. He unwound all the stuff that Trump had done in the prior administration.
Speaker 2: They all do that, you know.
Speaker 7: I was not it was not. My point was not that it was it was wrong or right of each president. Just the system seems crazy that that can be done.
Speaker 6: What's crazy to me is if you hear people like our attorney general and the other twenty two people that were that were lined up to immediately file a lawsuit that you know, challenges this alleged birthright citizenship, you know, executive order that he signed. I mean, that didn't just happen overnight. It's not like he signed that executive order, and they sat around and said, what should we do? Gosh, we should do? You think we should file a lawsuit? I wonder who we could get together. I mean, this was in play for weeks and weeks before that executive order ever got signed. And that's the insulting part of it for me, is just that the wheels have been turning for so long and as soon as the inks, you know, not even dry yet, everybody's running to the courthouse to file all these lawsuits.
Speaker 8: Well they knew it was coming, I guess, And.
Speaker 7: I always thought it was crazy that two illegal slash undocumented aliens can come in have a baby and then that.
Speaker 2: Baby becomes a citizen.
Speaker 7: It seems to me a big loophole in what was intended with the fourteenth Amendment, which is really for slaves and for Native Americans. It was not for this kind of anchor baby situation.
Speaker 6: Yeah, if you guys listened to Michael Brown this morning, he gave an excellent history lesson on the meaning behind the fourteenth Amendment and the legislation that was going on at the time that it was enacted. And it's pretty clear that it's being interpreted in a way that arguably was not consistent with how the founders, you know, what the founders had in mind when they wrote that. But that's the that's the that's the system that we have. I mean, I can argue both sides of that. And people have been for generations and they will continue beyond my time, and and you know, we'll get something worked out. No matter what the system is, you're going to have people that take advantage of it, you know, and and do things that were never contemplated by the guys that wrote the amendment. No matter when it was written one hundred years ago or last week, it doesn't matter. So I don't know, it's crazy. We've got a quick call. We want to get to here. Gary, Talk to me, Gary, what's going on.
Speaker 9: I just wanted to think, Tom Martina, show both people. They help me if an issue, the issue didn't get resolved.
Speaker 2: But what kind of issue, Gary, Well, I heard.
Speaker 9: This company source one one source. Well, they charged me like thirty three hundred dollars for a fifth door.
Speaker 6: Part for a fifty dollars part.
Speaker 9: Well, the worst part is I took it down and all this is a hard copy. I gave copies to mister Bowle. Took it down to established electrical company here and there was never nothing wrong with the pro part. They refused to talk to us to Boom. The ratings on them are, oh my god, I put it out there. None that so many these people ripping so many people off. But anyway, fast forward. I went everywhere I could. I went to I even went to the as high as I could, to the city official, the building, the regional there. They all kind of blew me off. Just that's what it is, they said.
Speaker 6: So but we were able to help them in some small way there.
Speaker 9: At least put the word out that they're not a good business to do with.
Speaker 6: Sometimes that's all you can do there. Gary, Well, good luck in the future. Thanks for following up with this. We appreciate it and let us know if we can help you in the future.
Speaker 2: So I have a follow up. If you want to hear something, yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 7: So this eighty nine year old lady Jesse was charged five thousand dollars in change with Amergas and she doesn't know why. So it took quite a while, but we finally got into America Gas and it turns out that they weren't sending her the bill. It was a collection agency. So going over her papers to find out when she got propane. Once she didn't get propane, she actually found a bill that showed that her account was paid in full. So I told her, you know what.
Speaker 10: Makes see collections and if her account was paid in full, Ken, Well.
Speaker 2: America Gas apparently didn't know that.
Speaker 7: They sent her that bill detail detail, So I told her to make a copy of it, send it to the collection agency, you know, certified mail return receipt, requested, saying his proof that at this paid stage, I had no I owed no money on my bill, and please do not try to contact me any further otherwise I'm going to initiate legal action.
Speaker 8: Did she hear back yet, Well, this is just yesterday.
Speaker 1: Oh okay.
Speaker 7: It took us forever to finally get in touch with somebody at Americas, and then I was going over it with them, and then she tells me, you know, it's not an Americas, it's a collection agency.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 10: And I wonder if that's h her credit then, John, wouldn't that be like credit slander or something if she legitimately had that bill paid and it's sitting there on her credit as a ding.
Speaker 7: Wellyeah, they didn't think of credit. They were just trying to collect the money. So hopefully she'll send a copy of that statement and it will all retake care of it. I will keep you posted. But she's eighty nine years old. I had no idea what was going on.
Speaker 2: Just crazy.
Speaker 6: I've got a story to tell you guys about something remotely similar here, and we'll.
Speaker 2: Get to that right after this break. We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: Hey, good morning, John Fuller. Back with you in the studio with me today is the wonderful and lovely Suzanne Majors and the wonderful and not so lovely Doc. Appreciate the compliment, right, We got to keep it real here today we are going to go to the calls. We have Eduardo on the phone right now. What's going on, EDWARDO, good morning.
Speaker 2: How you doing, good man? What's going on?
Speaker 11: Well, a little bit of problems. I got hired by. I got hired by these ladies. Their mom was a hospital for emergency and uh, ill, so I'm gonna ill that she's's dealing with. So, uh, the lady, the mother, she can't come home from hospital because you know, the house was all healthy and very dory and nasty. So I got hired to remodel the house and do whatever.
Speaker 12: We need to do to make.
Speaker 11: The house more believable so she can come home.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 11: So after all, I mean, project went good. Everything I finished up the way they want it. And then uh, after all, you started getting calls from uh the these uh you know banking They said, you know the there is a charge back about you. And then decide, I don't know anything about it. Then I found out it.
Speaker 6: Okay, let me ask you a couple of questions here. Did you have a contract with it? Were were the people that you dealt with the daughters of the lady in the hospital. Were they family members?
Speaker 11: Yeah, the daughters and mom okay, moments in the hospital.
Speaker 2: Gotcha.
Speaker 6: Did you have a contract with them specifying what you were supposed to do and how much you were going to get paid?
Speaker 11: Yeah, everything is uh, it's in writing.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 6: And and so if I understand you, you're saying they did pay you, but now the bank is trying to charge back the Was it a check or a credit card or what they how they pay you?
Speaker 11: Well, they paid me with the credit cards. Okay, they modeled. They give the guarded power and attorney letters so she can use, you know, the funds to remodel the house doing before she comes to this.
Speaker 10: So did they dispute the charge then? Or Eduardo, is that what happened and there was a charge back? Because usually in my experience with that, you can, you know, give a response to the dispute and then the credit card company will make a determination on that.
Speaker 11: Well, we did a dispute. We did a formal dispute with the credit card and just as the bank respondents unfortunately, when I UH able to help, you know, just they say the.
Speaker 8: Lady, when did they say why?
Speaker 11: Yeah, they said there was not a sufficient information. But we put a very strong report. I have the before and after picture. We have all everything documented.
Speaker 6: And so are they Are they saying that sorry? Are they saying that the daughters didn't have the authority to hire you or or something is wrong with the power of attorney? Or what are they what's their complaint? Why are they saying you don't deserve to get paid on this?
Speaker 11: Well, the letter, the attorney letter is everything is fine, you know, it's just the bank, like right now, the credit card bank is the one is trying to get my money. You know, they want to need to pay back.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I understand that, but that's a dispute really between you and the and the credit card company. Is there a dispute between you and the daughters or you and the mother about the work that you did or what you're entitled to?
Speaker 11: Uh, we haven't started. That's what I'm looking for help because I.
Speaker 8: Don't know how much was the charge back?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's about seventeen k Okay, that's a lot of money. So have you contacted the daughters and said, what's going on? Why are you guys trying to dispute my charges?
Speaker 11: Well, I've been talking to the daughter and she said it's nothing that I can do. It it's off my hands.
Speaker 1: And so.
Speaker 11: No, no, no, no, no good response, no positive response, no nothing to say who signed?
Speaker 2: Who signed the contract? Yeah, who's your who's your contract with?
Speaker 12: Just with the daughters.
Speaker 6: So it is a contract in the mom's name by the daughters through their power of attorney.
Speaker 11: No, the contract is to the daughter, to the daughters because they are the one to hire me. I never talked to the grandma because she was under in the hospital.
Speaker 13: Right question, John, So maybe you know this if he filed a lien on the house, if the mother owns the house, but the daughters signed the contract, would he even have a balance.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's what I was going at. He may not have the ability to actually put a lien on the house. Hey, when did all this go down? Give me a timeframe of this whole project and everything.
Speaker 11: This is happening. Then the last three months?
Speaker 2: Okay, So.
Speaker 6: I'm concerned exactly what you're saying, Suzanne, that if his contract is with the daughters as opposed to with the mom by the daughters. In other words, you know, if your contract was basically with the homeowner, but it was handled via the daughters by some authority, either a power of attorney, or or something. Then your contract would effectively be with the homeowner, and then you would have all the rights to go and file a lean on the.
Speaker 2: House and stuff.
Speaker 6: But I'm not so sure why you couldn't sue the daughters directly and in court to go after the seventeen thousand Was it mom's credit card or one of the daughter's credit cards?
Speaker 2: Is the mom's credit.
Speaker 11: She's the one to start the charge for.
Speaker 2: That, right disputing? Is she still alive?
Speaker 11: Yes, she is.
Speaker 8: Do you know if she actually owns the home?
Speaker 14: She owns the home the mother does.
Speaker 11: Yeah, the mother, she owns the home, and the daughter was supposed to move in after we finished the project, right, the daughter was supposed to move in to help her after her living is on, so you know, so they can have a different house to leave.
Speaker 6: I understand what's the time limit on, if you guys know, on filing a mechanic's lean or.
Speaker 10: I don't know the exact time limit, but I'm relatively certain he's within the time limit of lean.
Speaker 6: Or one hundred and twenty days or something like that.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I almost wonder about getting the daughter on colin her and ask her what the heck?
Speaker 7: Yeah, God, are the daughters trying to avoid paying you, or is it the bank that's giving you the problem.
Speaker 11: No, the daughter's is doing very nice and having to help it.
Speaker 2: She's she she can't be that nice.
Speaker 6: Somebody had to file the complaint with the credit card company.
Speaker 10: You know, when the daughter disputed the charge, Eduardo, you would have gotten you received some sort of statement saying exactly what she was disputing.
Speaker 8: Do you have a copy of that that you can send us?
Speaker 11: Yeah, we have, we have copy.
Speaker 10: Can you email over everything when we go on break and so we can look at the paperwork and try to make sense of it for you.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean I have all the documentation that I think is just enough to to.
Speaker 15: Prove okay, and everything.
Speaker 16: We do is right.
Speaker 6: All right, We're gonna put you on hold Edgardo and Kelly, you'll get with you and and and be able to help figure out emailing that documentation to us. We want to take a look. We want to try to give you a hand. Okay, hang on, We're going to go to a break real quick with you right back.
Speaker 1: Go with a sure thing. Denver's Best roofer excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine two zero six ten twenty two.
Speaker 6: All right, all right, all right, we're back on the air. This is John Fuller. I am a personal injury attorney in Denver. Here I'm filling in for Tom today. He'll be in a little bit later on, but in the meantime we are rocking and rolling through the issues. We've got a couple open lines, so if you have something you'd like help with, give us a call and we would be happy to help out. The number here at the studio is three one or three O three seven one three eight two five five seven one three talk or three oh three Martino, So give us a shout. If you want to email us, help at troubleshooter dot com is the email address, and so now you.
Speaker 2: Have no excuse.
Speaker 6: There's multiple ways to get ahold of us before the break. We're dealing with Edgardo and his issue with a contracting job. We've got Corey on the line. We're going to talk to him just a moment. We are getting Frank Ball on the line to help us. Frank is a collections attorney here in town. But in the meantime, we've got Zach on the line that's going to help us with some additional information. So, Zach philis and what is going on here?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 17: Yeah, my name is Zach Ben. I'm a friend of at Gardo's. I met him about two years ago and he helped me with a remodel job at my house. And yeah, this has been kind of friends since and I've been trying to help au Guard through this situation. So, as a Gardo mentioned, there was a chargeback initiated on a completed job about a month or two months after he completed the job. The mom said it was unauthorized and that she did not approve of that credit card to be used on her house.
Speaker 2: Got it.
Speaker 17: So now we're trying to get this figured out. So we submitted all the documentation over to Visa, and Visa came back and said, unfortunately, since the name on the invoice did not match the name to the credit card.
Speaker 2: They sided with.
Speaker 17: The customers, and now we're Edgardo was trying to figure out what next steps are in Small Flaims Court is too small. The mount is greater than Small Flames Court, but I believe is seventy five hundred.
Speaker 2: That's exactly Right's.
Speaker 17: They're going to go to the court that at Gardo unfortunately just doesn't have the funds to hire and attorneys that we're trying to figure out what other options we could pursue without having to put Edgardo aut more you know, financial harm right now than he already has been.
Speaker 6: So Zach, Here's what I don't understand. If the daughters are I mean, if there's no dispute between the daughters and Edgardo over his you know, the work that he did. We're not disputing the quality. If we just got Mom that shows up out of the hospital saying wait a second, I never authorized this, and you.
Speaker 2: Know no way know how what's going on with the daughters.
Speaker 6: Why are the daughters not saying Mom, we talked about this, you absolutely wanted us to do this and getting paid And.
Speaker 10: Also real quick, I'll interject for those who missed it, or for Frank Ball, who I know is listening. Mom has been in the hospital, she's elderly. Daughter's hired contract her to do some remodeling in mom's house. The contract is with the daughters, the house is in mom's name. The daughters used her credit card to pay the seventeen thousand dollars bill, and that's where it got disputed.
Speaker 8: Just to recap that.
Speaker 6: Let me ask you this, Zach, is there any issue about capacity of the mom?
Speaker 2: I mean, is she all together there?
Speaker 18: And so?
Speaker 17: Yeah, so I had the conversation. I actually recorded the conversation with the daughter.
Speaker 2: She's she's a very nice woman.
Speaker 17: But yeah, you're exactly right that the mom doesn't have the mental capacity. And she apparently has a history of disputing charges. She's done this many times, supposedly, and she just most recently did it so at guardos. So because of all this, they had power of attorney signed to the daughter then, who made to go forward with the remodel. And the reason the daughter now can't pay utgardos because she doesn't have the money to pay. The mom had agreed to all of it. I have a signed affidavid from the daughter, stating that the mom agreed to all of this work to be done, she wanted it done. She gave her credit card to have all of this done, and then she got home, changed her and then initiated the chargeback, saying that it was unauthorized.
Speaker 6: Wow. Wow, Okay, So I think at this point let's bring Frank on and start trying to sort through this. Frank, welcome to the show. This is John Fuller. I'm filling in today. I'm an attorney in town, but I do not do collections, and so we wanted your expert advice on where to go on this. At Guardo did the work. There's no dispute about the quality of the work. Nobody has any issue with the timeliness, with the materials, with anything at all.
Speaker 2: But Mom of limited.
Speaker 6: Capacity gets out of the hospital and says, I dispute the charges. And even though there was apparently a power of attorney that gave the daughters the authorization to enter into this contract, and even with an affidavit saying that Mom knew about this and wanted us to contract for these changes, the credit card company still sided with Mom and Edgardo is out seventeen grand. You're it.
Speaker 15: Well, yeah, I don't think you have any ability to sue the mom. You didn't enter it, and Edward didn't enter into a contract with mom. They entered in a contract with the daughters. So I think you have to sue the daughters if it's seventy five and it's seventy five hundred for a small claims court. I mean probably don't want to sue in a small claims court and reduce your bound to that. So I think you're stuck suing the daughters is where you are. I don't see there's any standing to sue the mom unless you made an agreement with the mom, even with all the extremest information about oh yeah, if fine, the work is terrific, But mom never entered into the agreement.
Speaker 6: Right. Do we have any sort of argument about unjustin Richmond on mom that the value of our house has been improved by the additions that EDWARDO did or Edgardo.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, is there.
Speaker 6: Any avenue like that? I mean, I get what you're saying. Colorado has seventy five hundred in small claims, and I think what county court is twenty five grand, But you know he I would not advise him to go in pro se meeting without an attorney into the county court. I just don't think that would be the best deal. And you've got an ability to pay issue with the daughters. I think the daughters are saying, look, we don't have any dispute with you, but we don't have seventeen grand to pay you for this stuff. What do you recommend he does?
Speaker 15: Well, it sounds like the daughters authorized the work to be done. In terms of the daughters, they may not have the ability to pay it this second, but certainly perhaps they could enter into an agreement to pay it over time. Also, in terms of Eduardo, it's probably not the smartest thing in the world not to get some kind of money up front, because then you're setting yourself up for a situation like this where they say, sorry, you know, I don't I don't like the way you did the work. In terms of your question regarding usin Richmond, you know you can sue anybody for anything. Yes, you could sue her and say yes, I improved your property. But again, there's there's no agreement, there's no contractual relationship. I assume there's a written contractual relationship with the daughters. Yes, so that's who you're suing. And then if you want to add Mom to the lawsuit, I think you can. You can sue her for account stated, you can sue her for unjustin Richmond. You can see her for quantum there where, you can see her for a panoply of causes of accent and and go from there. But unless the daughters are going to agree to pay it, I mean, it was my situation, I would try to get the daughters to agree to pay. You know, maybe they can pay one thousand dollars a month, and then in the agreement it probably has some kind of interest component, and then you know, he's getting the money slowly, slowly, but at least he's getting the money, and some interest is kicked in as well.
Speaker 8: And Frank, this is Suzanne here.
Speaker 10: What about I guess the daughters had a power of attorney for their mom with that play into.
Speaker 8: It at all.
Speaker 10: As far as being able to make financial decisions, I think.
Speaker 6: It would make a difference if the contract was in mom's name by the daughter of a POA. That would be a whole lot different case.
Speaker 15: And I agree with that. I mean, the power of attorney only gives them permission to act on her behalf. But they didn't act on her behalf. They acted on their own, on their own right. That's why they owe the money. And you have some other creative causes of accent against the mom because she was enriched. But I would try to work whatever deal I could, because it's just not the cleanest deal. And even if you get a judgment against the daughters, who knows if you're ever going to be able to collect it. Better to get some kind of agreement and say, hey, you knew what you knew, this was the story, we Edwaro did a great job, and just just pay it and pay it slowly and looks up that and maybe they could take the lemons and turn into lemonade, not the sweetest lemonade, but at least get some money flowing.
Speaker 10: I do wonder if these daughters knew exactly what they were doing and Eduardo got clothes.
Speaker 6: It seems like, you know, that's an easy leap to make. But then to sign up a David saying you know that mom knew what was going on and stuff that doesn't seem to be really the work of somebody that's trying to build up a scam and then get out of pay.
Speaker 10: Why aren't they talking their mom into paying this poor guy?
Speaker 2: Just agreed?
Speaker 8: Mom, Come on.
Speaker 10: We did this for you, thinking you wanted this done. Pay this poor man and his seventeen grand John. Why are they advocating for him?
Speaker 2: I really get one of the sisters on the air. Can we do that?
Speaker 8: Good try? And that's Frank Ball three o three six two nine seven thousand.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Frank, Okay, thank you?
Speaker 6: All right, thanks guys, Edgardo. We're gonna we're gonna keep working on this. In the background, hang on, we got to take a quick break.
Speaker 1: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: All right, all right, good morning, John Fuller. Here we are moving rapidly forward on a whole bunch of different issues on the Troubleshooter Network.
Speaker 2: I'm filling in for Tom. He's going to be in a little bit later.
Speaker 6: We've been talking to at Gardo about his issue getting paid on a contracting job. We're going to try to wrap that up at Gardo. Here's the basic deal. You really have a choice to make in this. I think the lesson going forward is don't ever contract with anybody that's not the actual homeowner. Even if you did it through a third party, a daughter or some other agent person acting on behalf of it, still should be in the name of the actual landowners, so that if anything like this ever happened, you have the ability to go and sue the landowner and file a judgment and file a lean against the property and protect yourself going forward. So you know, that's just word to everybody about what not to do and what to do going forward. As far as your situation right now, you really have two choices. I think at this stage you would be well served to have an attorney on your side. I would think strongly about giving Frank a call and seeing if he could, you know, talk you through it. In more detail than we could do on the air. But I think the choice you're going to have to make is do you go to small claims court and limit your recovery to seventy five hundred or do you go to the county court, which has a twenty five thousand dollars jurisdictional limit and go for the gusto and hopefully get the judgment for the full amount. No matter which one you go with, you're going to have the ability to accrue interest and expenses and stuff you know that build up over time.
Speaker 2: And who knows.
Speaker 6: If you put one of those daughters in the position of having a judgment against them individually, they may very well go to mom and say, Mom, you got to pay this guy. This is not funny anymore. And that may, you know, prompt Mom to pay, inspire her to get right in the head about paying. I don't know that, but it leads you to have a judgment that you could enforce. Maybe you can get some payments or coup some of your money over time. It's a tough situation. I'm really I wish there was an easy answer to you.
Speaker 10: I think John, in talking to Frank Ball, he's going to get more informed to be able to make that decision. Am I better off in small claims or not?
Speaker 1: Right now?
Speaker 2: I think that's a I think that's exactly right.
Speaker 8: So we three six two nine seven thousand.
Speaker 10: Eduardo is Frank Ball's phone number, and Kelly can give that to you off the air as well.
Speaker 2: All right, good luck to you, sir. I appreciate the call. Corey.
Speaker 6: You've been holding for a long time. You have an issue about personal injury. What is going on, Corey?
Speaker 9: How's it go on?
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 14: Well, My question kind of to you would be my sister was recently, at the end of twenty twenty four in a auto pedestrian accident.
Speaker 6: Okay, which one was?
Speaker 14: She was walking, she was the pedestrian.
Speaker 2: Okay, she's okay.
Speaker 14: She went to the hospital, got some stitches in her head, some CT scan, She had some vertigo, dizziness for a few weeks afterwards, bruising on the torso and all that. Other than that, she is good and she's okay. Now, the question I have is the first law firm she went to, they didn't take her case because she doesn't have auto insurance. Because she doesn't drive, she only walks. That's why she was walking to work that day, and I'm just wondering why they wouldn't take her case because she doesn't have auto insurance. She doesn't have a car at all, nothing like that.
Speaker 2: Did the person that hit her have insurance?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 6: Did they pursue a claim against that person's insurance company?
Speaker 14: They wouldn't take the case. Luckily, she did go through another law firm that is taking the case, but saying they asked the same questions wanting insurance through her, but she had to explain multiple times that she doesn't have auto insurance, so't she's never owned a car, She's always just walked to work.
Speaker 6: Okay, So I don't know about your sister's case in particular, but here's some of the issues that I'm sure is going on. First and foremost is that when you're hit as a pedestrian and you have auto insurance, your medical payments, coverage and stuff would kick in and offer some relief for some of the medical bills that you might encour following that accident. You also have the ability to use your uninsured motorist coverage to stack on top of the coverage that the ad fault driver had that you know, may be limited we only have go.
Speaker 1: With a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 16: Ripped.
Speaker 3: So you don't have come running as fast as we can.
Speaker 4: Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 5: Six is the Troubleshooter Show Now, Tom Martinez, all.
Speaker 6: Right, welcome back to the Troubleshooter Network. This is John Fuller filling in for Tom, who will be with us in a little bit.
Speaker 19: Here.
Speaker 6: We were working through some caller issues before the break. We're going to try to go back to Corey here for moment. Just to follow up, Corey's sister was involved in a pedestrian auto accident a little while back, and she's having trouble finding an attorney. Although she's finally found one the first one's passed on the case because she did not have her own insurance. And so, for the listeners on the air, of conversation ensued over the break, here's a basic deal. I mean, if you get hit as a pedestrian but you have auto insurance, you are still able to use your medical payments coverage. And if you have uninsured motorist coverage, that coverage would stack on top of the coverage that the ad fault driver had.
Speaker 2: On the other side.
Speaker 6: And so, without knowing any of the details about the ad fault driver, I was explaining to Suzanne that, you know, Colorado has this ridiculously low minimal limits of only twenty five thousand, but it's not the lowest around the country, and so we've got other states that have even lower like California which only has fifteen thousand. We've got Texas and only has twenty. We have Florida where you're not even required to carry that the liability insurance. I mean, there are some states that just have crazy laws that do not protect people that are in the position of Corey's sister, And so I don't know, you know exactly what led to their understanding. Corey does your sister have health insurance to help her out with the medical bills.
Speaker 14: I don't believe she does. She might, I know the law firm is actually trying to tag on to her husband's insurance. He has auto insurance, but she is, okay on, she's not covered under his policy.
Speaker 12: I don't believe.
Speaker 2: Is she an excluded driver under that?
Speaker 14: I wouldn't even know. I don't believe she even has the driver's license. In all my life, she's been afraid to sit behind.
Speaker 2: The wheel of a car.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, So I mean even that raises up a whole bunch of Go ahead, sir, I'll.
Speaker 14: Say to tag onto that twenty five thousand that you were saying, is that's what the law firm told her they were able to get her. My worry is her medical bills are kind of tacking on, and it seems like they're upwards of thirty thousand, maybe even thirty five thousand.
Speaker 12: Yep.
Speaker 14: Just wondering what step she should take to get.
Speaker 2: This paid for. Okay, So sure.
Speaker 6: That's a great question and one that a lot of listeners have have brought up over the years. Here's the basic deal. The Apohl driver is responsible for all of the medical bills, and so you know, if the bills are thirty or fifty or even one hundred thousand dollars and we only have twenty five thousand dollars of coverage. The way that we normally handle that is just negotiating with those creditors and the hospitals. They're very used to having people roll in their emergency rooms and get treated and run up huge bills and find out there's no insurance, and so the reality is they're happy to get some money rather than no money. Now, the other avenues that they may pursue are trying to retroactively getting her qualified or something like Medicaid, which is a needs based program, or if her husband has health insurance and she's on there, then she would obviously bill through the health insurance and we'd be dealing at that point with something called subrogation, which is the right of an insurance company to get paid back. There's no downside really to subrogation, except that you know it's another handout to get paid at the end. The upside of subrogation is that you get the benefit of repricing under the health insurance steel, so that thirty or fifty thousand dollars of bills may turn into only you know, six or eight thousand dollars or something like that, and you'd only be responsible for that repriced amount. So you know as to exactly what she should do and what course of action because she's represented by counsel, those are questions that her attorneys need to answer directly for her. But it sounds like she's going down the right path. The attorneys are going to negotiate those bills. They're going to get every penny that they can out of the at fault party if there's any chance of filing a claim on the uninsured motorist for her her husband's policy. You know, even if she is an excluded driver, she wasn't driving, and so I think just because she's a member of the household, they probably are going to succeed in getting coverage under his uninsured motorist coverage and hopefully open the door to some additional dollars that could be used to help compensate her. So all really interesting issues and questions. I hope she does well and recovers fully, and you know, good luck to her attorneys.
Speaker 2: Thanks for the call, Corey, We appreciate it. We are going to move right along here.
Speaker 10: Quick toime question about excluding a driver on your insurance. So where's that line.
Speaker 8: You know, you have a twelve year old who doesn't have a license, do you have? You don't exclude them from your policy.
Speaker 10: But you have a grown wife who doesn't have a license, you you should exclude her anyway.
Speaker 6: No, So exclusions normally come into play when somebody's got a really bad driving record and the insurance company said, look, we're not okay with this insurance extend to you know, let's say Ken had you know five d UIs okay, and we just don't want him to drive another car, so we would exclude him and say, look, he's in the household. We understand that you could always let him drive the car. But if you do that, there's no coverage whatsoever because he specifically is an excluded driver. However, if he's a front seat passenger when I'm driving and we get in an accident, why would he not then be entitled to the benefit of the uninsured motorists provisions that stack on top of what the other driver hast So one is, when he's driving, even if he has permission, they're not going to extend coverage. The other issue is whether all the other provisions like medpay and uninsured motorists and stuff would then stack on top of some other at fault driver's coverage.
Speaker 8: So she may very well have such insurance. He just needs to wait and explore.
Speaker 6: Say again, yeah, I did see that, so this is an interesting deal. Let's uh, let's go to line six. This is Joanna. Joanna, I understand that you are the daughter of the mom that owns the house that Edgardo did all the work on.
Speaker 2: Is that correct, Yes, that is correct.
Speaker 6: Thank you for calling in to us. Help us understand what's going on here, Joanna.
Speaker 1: Oh, we have a.
Speaker 20: Person with a mental illness, got it. Long story short.
Speaker 21: She had open heart survey h August thirty. First, some weird catastrophe happened to her, My daughter.
Speaker 20: My whole entire family. We helped her as well as at Gardo. His whole entire team helped us purge a home that was hoarding.
Speaker 21: We had to fix the sheet, we had to fix water, we had the big electrical there was It took us hours to clean up the refrigerator where there were dead flies, maggots. So when you do you hoard somebody's home and take away their ability to expose their mental capacity. Then her retaliation has She's done throughout all of the years to distribute all of the charges I turned over to all of the banking institutions a.
Speaker 20: Power of attorney.
Speaker 21: We showed her pictures, we showed her videos, We included her into everything. And so now we're just down to a mental illness. And so I doesn't know what to do.
Speaker 22: I don't know what to do.
Speaker 6: Yeah, have you guys thought or have you pursued taken over mom's finances and and getting some sort of a court order that puts you guys in charge of her of her affairs.
Speaker 20: She's put in a situation where we couldn't How is that. I'm a single person, I'm self employed. She's been coming after my accounts. I don't have a bank account anymore because of her situation.
Speaker 2: Mom's coming after you.
Speaker 20: Yeah, she's been calling the police.
Speaker 22: She's been trying to evict.
Speaker 20: Us, like it's very you have no idea. How hard has this been?
Speaker 3: So glad somebody's listening.
Speaker 21: So in this home entire situation.
Speaker 20: So what.
Speaker 6: Does your mom have resources? Is your is your mom financially sound in a good place.
Speaker 21: She's with her fiance boyfriend, who supposedly has.
Speaker 20: A lot of power.
Speaker 2: And what respect.
Speaker 20: Money.
Speaker 21: She's also into the situation. Fiance is also contributing. He's part of the consistent harassment, one of the problems advising her of how to of how to go through the process of trying to evict us and trying to cause financial distress for everybody, just Gardle, but for myself, like none of us can move forward. We had to break leases in order to assist her through her heart situation. She agreed upon that, and then she flipped because she didn't.
Speaker 20: Want to pay.
Speaker 21: She flipped the script and nobody's listening. Now called crisis centers. We've had recess at our house seven times and nobody is doing anything.
Speaker 6: Joanna, I have a bunch of other questions, and I really appreciate you calling, and if you could just please hang over a break.
Speaker 2: We've got to we've got to take a real quick break and we'll be right back.
Speaker 1: Hang on just a second, go with a sure thing. Denver's Best rufer excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content than time for an insurance checkup free no obligation in comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one. Help You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: All right, all right, all right, John Fuller here filling in for Tom. We are back on the Troubleshooter Network and we are going right back to the phones. We have Joanna just to give us a little bit of background here. In the first hour, we had Edgardo call us and at Gardo is a contractor who was hired to do some work on a house that was owned by a lady who was in the hospital after suffering from I believe a surgery of some variety. And and the daughters were cleaning up the home and needed some work done on it and hired Edgardo to come in and do the work to the tune of I think seventeen thousand dollars. And mom was aware of it, according to the daughter, and everything was good, and Mom's credit card was used to pay for the work that was done in the house, and then when Mom got out of the hospital and came home, Mom disputed the charge, said it was fraudulent, and the credit card company backed Mom and Edgardo ended up getting, you know, not paid for this entire job, which is a significant job for him. In the meantime, Edgardo has also reached out to the daughters that contracted with him to do the work and they agree, at least as far as I can understand completely, that Edgardo did the work he was supposed to do should be paid.
Speaker 2: And then in the last.
Speaker 6: Hour, we got a call from Joanna, the daughter of Mom, and we've been talking with her, and Joanna, thank you for calling the show. We appreciate it, and thanks for sharing your story with us. So you were telling us that Mom is just to recap here. Mom is suffering from some mental illness and disease, and it's quite the struggle for you and I understand kind of from some of the off the air conversations, and help me make sure I get this right. Was before Mom went to the hospital, you've used the word de hoarding and stuff. Was Mom living in a hoarding situation in her house, yes, but was she living alone or was she living with this fiance person.
Speaker 3: She was living.
Speaker 20: Alone, but he was visiting her quite frequently. He has several properties.
Speaker 2: Okay, how old is your mom?
Speaker 20: She's now eighty three?
Speaker 6: Eighty three years old, living in a hoarding house and has a sometimes Beyonce that you've described as being you know, is wealthy the right term, that's her term.
Speaker 2: What's what's his? Have you met this guy? What's his investment in this whole time?
Speaker 20: I'm not quite sure that's the problem. He supposedly is a security guard for a church where they help a lot of people. And I'm with all of the things that we discovered with a guardo working on the home, we were baffled by. If he's able to help her, why wasn't he able to do the things before? The right and then and and it's it's just a very weird, very sick scenario.
Speaker 6: Are you concerned that this boyfriend is trying to take advantage of your mom and that she's an at risk adult?
Speaker 20: I feel like he's been doing it to all of us. But she's not an at risk adult. She's a willing participant. From the things that I found within the home. Tell me more about that, just by how she is so codependent on him. Ope, and she's currently staying with him. Since August thirty first or October thirty first, they both have been coming to the house trying to cause chaos. He came with her and they took the back door. Knob off. We have an infant in the house, sixty heat.
Speaker 6: Did you and your sister move in after your mom went to the hospital and you had this work done?
Speaker 20: My daughter, my whole family, Your whole family.
Speaker 21: Gave her own least my daughter, my son.
Speaker 20: In law, my granddaughter, myself. I'm fifty two years old. I used to work for them and brothers when they fought bankruptcy and New York Exchange stock exchange. It was a former mortgage line up theer, so like I have very skill of a high skill set of how to fix and flip a home.
Speaker 6: Sure, And but just so we're clear, you you weren't living there before she went to the hospital, and you and your whole family moved in after the work was done, and after they de hoarded the property and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: Is that right correct? And you said something about a lease. Did you sign a lease with mom.
Speaker 20: We provided her leases. We were going to help her pay for that. The whole job, that was the intention is to take care of her.
Speaker 2: Hey, what does that mean? We provided her leases? What does that mean?
Speaker 20: We gave her cop We gave her copies of leases. We told her we will help you pay for this. We're moving in to assist you and pay for the job.
Speaker 6: You basically drew up your only with your mom as the purported landlord and signed it and gave that to your mom, saying, look here, mom, here's a source of income that's going to help you pay for these repairs. Correct, But your mom didn't ask for the leases. Your mom didn't sign the leases. She's not really a party to these contracts. They were just put together to help she.
Speaker 20: She did sign the leases, okay, fully cognitive. She signed the leases and the power of attorneys. She was fully aware of what we were getting ready to do. I took seven days before we decided to after her major open heart surgery. I waited till she was off all machines and into a different position in order to be cognizative, in order to sign leases and power of attorneys. And we have witnesses hundreds of witnesses within the hospital. So she stayed in rehab for forty five days that we were rehabbing her home to bring her home. Also, I might mention that she also had an intention of rehabing and fixing her bathroom. She had a different company come in and give her a quote and asked me to negotiate her getting out of that contract. And I believe part of the reason why she is disputing that is disputing at Gardos is because she has to pay the legalities of the other contract of the bathroom that she entered in before she had her heart situation. Before she and we did not know about this until she had her heart situation.
Speaker 9: And so she's dug.
Speaker 20: Herself into a big legality and she's trying to make it look like that she is the victim, But she's the one that executes and goes through this, executes a contract and then goes through a buyer's remorse. And that's that mental illness. She has a history and a pattern of that, and I have documentation of that.
Speaker 6: When you talked about welcome to mental illness and stuff, what do you think your mom's suffering.
Speaker 20: From extreme narcissism, Well.
Speaker 7: That's not you mean like dementia or Alzheimer's, right, I'm a clinical diagnosis.
Speaker 20: I mean she might be at that point now because she's in her eighties. But schizophrenia, bipolar personality, I know.
Speaker 6: But narcissism is not really a qualifying diagnosis that would let a court come in and say you need to step in and take over your mom's finances here. You know, I don't want to give you legal advice. I'm going to turn it here in town, but that's not my role here, and I don't want to do that. But it seems to me that you're in a real pickle, and I don't envy the situation you're in. You know, I also think that Edgardo has got to pursue every option that he can to protect his rights. And unfortunately, absolutely you could get roped into that and and you know, if for no other reason than just to preserve every right that he has down the road.
Speaker 2: But it sounds like.
Speaker 6: She's trying to constructively evict you at the same time.
Speaker 2: Yep, guys, just crazy. Yeah, doct do you have any ideas on where to go with mom?
Speaker 7: The only thing is, have you spoken to any of our doctors about getting them to give you a clinical diagnosis.
Speaker 20: Yeah, and he my, go just wait it out.
Speaker 2: Okay, So basically.
Speaker 7: They're not willing at this point to identify with a specific disease. Okay, That's all I had, John, I thought maybe that would be an avenue to pursue.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think you're I think you're right.
Speaker 6: I mean, if if mom is you know, at worst, you know, it has a personality defect that, you know, God, I'd be I'd be gone a long time go, you know, But it doesn't sound like she truly has a mental you know, a mental illness diagnosis. And that's what it's going to take as a doctor, thinking that somebody needs to step in on her behalf to help manage your affairs. And and unfortunately, it sounds like she is pretty able to manage your affairs. Maybe not rightfully or or morally and stuff, but she's she knows what she's doing and and is going from there. I you know, you guys just have a mess going on here, and I don't know how it's going to play out. But my concern is this guy from the church, I mean, that just has all the hallmarks of somebody that would take advantage of an older, you know person, and and and lead them down this road of believing that they're the fiance and they're the you know, you know, they're they're the they're the guy that can help guide them through everything, and and they gain trust and they end up taking advantage of it. And so I certainly hope that your mom is not in that situation and that that doesn't come to pass. But man, that's the first thing that I think of when I hear that circumstance. So I wish you luck with that, and we're going to leave it at that. But I really appreciate you calling in the show today. I think that's been very eye opening for all the listeners and I wish you the really the best of luck with that, Joanna, thanks for calling. All right, we are going to take a quick break here and then we'll be right back. We've got a number of calls stacked up here that we want to get to, so all the Calders, Raylan, Amy, Paul, Joey, you guys all hang on.
Speaker 2: Will be getting to you in just a moment.
Speaker 1: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey Tom Martine here, welcome to the show. Three O three seven one three talk seven one three h five five. The studio is still with us, the gang. You'll see me on the corner here, and we're all here fighting for you. Let's go right to the phones. Also, I have fixed at twenty four to seven here, and I did something different. I started gathering some emails and questions on home systems HVAC which is heating and air, also water and drains, you know, plumbing and drains and other stuff. And we'll get to those questions. And I can do this either way, Kachina and sues and uh Dragon. We can get at him on the air and and keep him on hold over there, or I can put him on Google Voice. What would you prefer. At this point, I think you guys should call it.
Speaker 8: I'll send it to Kelly.
Speaker 1: I have this phone number. Let's get him on standby. Let's get him on standby, and then I'll be shooting questions at him. And again, this is not jeopardy. He doesn't have to know the answer. He can simply he can simply find out the answer. Joey has a hot tub issue. Joey, what the heck is going on?
Speaker 23: Hi?
Speaker 22: Tom? Can you hear me? Hi?
Speaker 16: Tom, hear me?
Speaker 1: I can hear you? What's happening?
Speaker 9: Okay?
Speaker 22: Great, very very long story short. I have a hot tub. I've had it less than a year. It is under warranty, and it was scheduled.
Speaker 1: For Where'd you buy the hot tub? Where'd you buy it? Where'd you buy it?
Speaker 22: Colorado Springs hot Tubs?
Speaker 1: Okay, and you've had it less than a year. What's wrong with it?
Speaker 16: Yes?
Speaker 22: One, it's a manifold, a defective manifold. It's leaking.
Speaker 12: Okay.
Speaker 22: It's in an airbnb. When I purchased it, I went in there looking for a hot tub for an Airbnb, a no frills, kind of heavy duty hot tub, and I worked directly with the owner, Dusty, he's the one who sold me the unit. This is the unit, he pointed me too.
Speaker 1: How much did you pay for it?
Speaker 22: Eleven thousand?
Speaker 1: Okay, well, you know that's not unheard of if it's a big one. I don't know when you say a defective manifold. My obvious question is this, why is somebody on my sheet here?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: My obvious question is why didn't they fix it?
Speaker 22: Okay? So it is covered under warranty and they didn't get the part. I was scheduled for repair January twentieth, but because I left the once review for the or quality hot tub it has. It's had a lot of issues since I bought it, but little things that I can still use a hot tub.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so you know what?
Speaker 1: Okay, So they didn't like that you left the one stary? Did they refuse to fix it?
Speaker 22: He canceled. I've been only dealing with the owner. He canceled the service, so the part came in. I had to wait for the party came in. I was scheduled for the twentieth, Like I said, he canceled the service and said they would not fix it unless I removed the review. I then went and talked to the manufacturer. They've been helping me. They've been very cool about it. They talked to the owner, and the manufacturer confirmed Yep, they're not going to fix it unless now. Not only do I have to remove the review, he is requiring that I sign a waiver stating I will not state anything negative about their company on any social media.
Speaker 1: So well, listen, I listened, hold on, hold on, Let me weigh in on that. Let me weigh in on that.
Speaker 22: I'm listening.
Speaker 3: I don't like it.
Speaker 1: I don't like it, but it's all up for negotiation. There's no laws broken there. If you want to do it, If they fix it to your satisfaction and you want to agree to that, fine, I mean it's not going to hold any weight if they don't fix it. So I don't see any harm in that if they if they ultimately come through. Maybe he felt you you posted the review prematurely. I'm not going to debate your rights. You have the absolute right to do it and to get warranty service. But he can also refuse and then you end up in court. So I think it's easier to just negotiate it.
Speaker 11: Well, So there is a little.
Speaker 22: Bit more so I've been talking to the manufacturer. He pointed me to the next company that could fix it. They're in Denver. They okay, they're okay, sure, they're not going to fix it. So I have no other choice. This is the only company that can fix this warranty repair. Okay, if I go, if I have somebody else fix it, it will avoid my warranty. Okay, that's the issue. I am forced to use this company to happen.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you something, what tell me something? Tell me something. If if they want to come through and fix it, and they do fix it, what do you have against putting up an accurate review? Saying at first I was dissatisfied they came through, they did a good job or whatever, or or just taking it down. What is your issue with that?
Speaker 22: Well, I don't like the coersion and extortion. There are cusumer protection laws about that.
Speaker 1: There is no there aren't no no and it is there are no laws concerned. There are no laws concerning this. You can you can, you can imagine all you want, there aren't. Now listen, I don't like the coheresion either, But in this case, I want to know why did you put up the one story route? Were they ignoring you before it or what what was happening?
Speaker 22: No, No, my review was very simple. It's only a few lines. It is simply what happened with the hot tubs, of the things that broke along the way, and then the the man. You know that it's leaking. It's less than a year old.
Speaker 1: It's a poor but it's not their fault. That was all Springs hot tubs. They didn't manufacture it, right.
Speaker 22: I just put up a review about the product that they sold me. I actually gave them a five star review for their service, but I gave those one.
Speaker 15: Star for the product.
Speaker 1: Joey, Joey, don't give in, don't negotiate, keep your review up, and then you're not going to get service. You're going to have to sue them for what's called specific performance. John weigh in on this, wigh in on the practicality here, John Fuller way in on a meal.
Speaker 6: You know, we have these calls over and over again, and we always, you know, wonder about the propriety of leaving a really scorching review before you're done doing business with the company, and it just never it just never works out the way you want it to. You know, if it was simply a matter of saying, these people never call me back, period. And you left a scorching review and they called you back and stuff, then you know, maybe it's maybe it's.
Speaker 2: Worth going in and removing the review and waiting un till later on.
Speaker 1: But here's what I want to ask you, John, I want to ask you something. If she refused to do it, she flatly refused, and if she totally just flatly refused and they won't come out, there is a such thing as specific performance under that warranty, right, I mean you to take there are tons of money.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you'd have to look at the contract and see exactly what rights you have. I'm also concerned. I believe that Magnuson Moss Act, you know, gives you the ability to get you know, there's way you're not beholden to one company only to do the warranty work. So I don't know if she may not have some other rights to look at a different company. But I mean at some point that maybe what she has to do is to get her hot to fix by somebody, and then you know, she suffered the damages, that she could go after the original company for specific performance is hard.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's really hard to make somebody.
Speaker 1: Why I'm telling her it's it's not worth it. It's just not worth it.
Speaker 2: I think, catch Tom.
Speaker 7: If she, if she signs that document says I won't do you know, get it done, and then if it's done, she puts a factual review on some website, can they go after hard because I thought that as long as what you're saying is true, that's a uh.
Speaker 1: Anybody can go look at anybody. Anybody can go after anybody for anything. Okay, that is not the practical answer. The practical answer is why the hell do you have to be so stubborn? Don't let him give it a little catch him. You don't want to give it in, don't give in. Go to court, go with John. How much will a specific Horman's loss food cost her?
Speaker 6: Well, if you're paying an attorney by the hour, it could easily be ten to fifteen grand by the time you get.
Speaker 2: A cor Go to Mark.
Speaker 1: And by the way, you're not going to get attorney's fees. I'm Tom Martino more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contenth time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here and welcome to the show.
Speaker 19: Listen.
Speaker 1: I want to go to Raylan real quick here, waterpros dot net the best water systems, the lowest prices anywhere, and I mean it. You can get a system for around thirty five hundred bucks the whole shooting match. You can get drinking water at the kitchen sink for eleven hundred dollars. Triple filter, reverse osmosis. They're wonderful people. Three oh three eight six two five five five four Raylan, stay tuned by the way from Fixing twenty four to seven. I can't believe how many inquiries we have, including Genies about HVAC sizing. I want to get her on, so Genie, hang on there, Raylan, I was working with you I got you contacted me through next door and as I remember the twenty twenty one Buick Vision, they were giving you a loaner, and I said, ride with them a while and see as long as you're not being charged for the loaner and they're trying to fix it, you're not putting mileage on your loan on your car, just ride with them. Where does it stand right now, Raylan?
Speaker 16: Well, this morning I received a call Fromanta by saying that my credit card declined, and I said, what why did you get my time?
Speaker 20: Did you get my Democrat?
Speaker 17: And they said to the paperwork, But.
Speaker 1: I said, all the wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, Raylan, Hold on, Raylan, I thought they were paying for your loaner car.
Speaker 11: They were, but apparently they stopped in nine man of rears.
Speaker 16: Are four hundred and twelve dollars so far?
Speaker 1: Okay, hold on, Raylan. Next question, you're let me back up your twenty twenty one buick Envision was under warranty, right.
Speaker 11: Yes, sirs? Third thousand miles?
Speaker 1: And why why? As I remember it, they told you you could drive it if you wanted to while waiting for a part.
Speaker 12: Is that right, yes, sir?
Speaker 23: But as I've been reading on the internet that part could have stopped my vehicle at any time while I was driving and cutt me a major ex.
Speaker 1: Right, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until your content wait time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: Ridd news need advice?
Speaker 3: Who you don't have? Run in just as fast as we can.
Speaker 4: Shooter's gonna help come MANX is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 1: No Tom Martine, Hey Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. You are in the best show ever. Why because we solve problems, we answer questions, we take complaints. We make your life a little easier With the whole team. The whole team, including John Fuller, our attorney at law, who is our bench strength. He fills in when we need him. And then we have Major Mark Mouth Major, Major Mark Major, and he is on his way home from the inauguration. And then we have all of our deputies. They're wonderful and uh so, right now, Jeanie, I'm not Genie. I'm sorry, Raylan. She just doesn't trust her in vision. It needs a transmission shifter real quick. Here they say, as we left this problem, I said, ride it, just use the loaner and wait for the part. But you said, they stop paying for the loaner. And here's what they claim. You can drive your car. It's not dangerous, it's not a safety hazard, and they don't want to keep paying for the loaner. So here's what I need to know, Raylan. You said it needs a shifter. Is that right?
Speaker 2: A shifter shift?
Speaker 1: What do you mean by I do you do you mean?
Speaker 3: Do you mean a.
Speaker 1: Module that control? Uh huh, Raylan, Raylan, just answer my Raylan answer. I'm asking a specific question. Is it a the literal shifter that you put your hand on and move or is it something like a control module?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 16: They the way they identify it was a module transmission to theion.
Speaker 1: That's what it is. It's a TCM. Okay, got it, Thank you? All right? Can we get Kevin on again and see if that is nationally back ordered on a twenty twenty one view a convension. Also, I'm gonna have Deputy D call over there to them.
Speaker 24: God, there's something else that Raylan told us that, which is her debit card was declined at Enterprise. So it sounds like she's been paying for Enterprise all along, Raylan?
Speaker 1: Is that you know, here's what I think happened. Maybe maybe, but I think they've been paying and then recently refused and she was the backup guarantee. That's what I think. But Raylan, if you're only four hundred dollars behind, that's doesn't represent a big period of time. How much do they say, four hundred dollars is for a month, a week or what I think a week? Yeah, so they have been paying, She's had this for months.
Speaker 23: They just recently stopped and apparently just now.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm gonna have Deputy D look at I'm gonna have Deputy D Raylan, Raylan, we want to help you. Hang on, Deputy deal be calling you. I promise I'm not trying to shut you down. I know your concerns. Well, we have to figure out. And I'm gonna ask Kevin Caulkin if this is a safety issue or not. Okay, because if it's not, Raylan, We're not We're gonna have a tough time making an argument. You can't use your car, Okay. I'm not saying you have to. Let's find out. I'm Tom Martine More. I mean, I mean, let's go to the next call and we have fixed my home dot com with us. I have Hannah over here. Good buddy, and Hannah, thanks for being here. I got some questions I've been saving up and I want to know if you guys are ready. First, I want to take the caller on the line. Genie. Jeanie, are you there, I'm here, Jeanie. Okay, Genie, you are the one. You are the one that had a question about sizing your furnace in AC Is that right correct? And from everything I could find out, and I looked up some stuff and checked with my experts, you needed about what was called a three tons system. Now here's what I want to ask our expert. Is it going to be Adam Adam, are you there?
Speaker 8: It's Logan.
Speaker 1: Adam is going to be there. Logan is just hanging on the phone for Adam, and he's going to get Adam when we need him. So tell me when Adam is available. Okay, I'm available. Now, I'm gonna okay Adam, Hey, Adam, are you there?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 18: How's it going?
Speaker 12: Guys?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Man, listen. So, from what I could find out, she has a sixteen hundred and fifty four square foot one story ranch flat roof two point five inch foam insulation walls have about sixteen what do you call it in density wool rock?
Speaker 3: Sixteen? What do they call it?
Speaker 1: Sixteen? Yeah, that's right, sixteen are so I get it? Okay, I get it? Say it again? Our value? Okay? Sixteen. And she has a new double pane windows. And from what I can find out, it would take about in sizing in heating and air. First, let's talk about sizing. From what I can find out, she's going to need about she's gonna need about a furnace size of about forty nine or fifty thousand BTU and an AC size of about three tons. Now, what I want to know is this, how is that I mean, I don't want to go through the math or the formula, but is there any benefit to putting in bigger?
Speaker 18: So just to backtrack just a little bit, it's great enough you try to size equipment based on the size of the house, but that's relatively irrelevant based on the size of the duct work. Because yeah, it's great we put in a pump that pumps one hundred gallons of water per minute, But if we only have a hose that can handle fifty.
Speaker 12: What does that matter?
Speaker 18: So we need rising equipment based on duct work, the r value, the insulation, all that stuff is great to know because that's that that correlates to heat loss, right, But we need to know the size of the duct work, and then based on the duct work we can appropriately size the piece of equipment.
Speaker 1: Okay, because it's useful to put in one that the ducks can't handle, and some of the older homes might have smaller duct work. Is that right?
Speaker 22: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is there anything you can do to retrofit duct work or is that just too cost prohibitive?
Speaker 18: Anything is possible, tom, but yeah, you know, with enough money something, Yeah, there are some things that can be done, like turning veins, dampeners, yeah.
Speaker 2: Stuff like that.
Speaker 12: So there are things vans be done.
Speaker 18: Yeah, exactly like you can you can get booster.
Speaker 9: Next question, vans.
Speaker 1: Next question. When you have a certain tonnage of AC and certain bet you of furnaces are are they matched? In other words, you're not going to have a giant AC in a smaller furnace or a smaller or a larger furnace and a smaller AC. They're kind of matched. Is that right?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, Now, then what I don't understand, and as I remember this, Genie, didn't they also repurpose your repurpose your swamp cooler duct.
Speaker 16: The swamp ducks in the ceiling are now considered calder returns.
Speaker 1: According to that, Adam, I'd never heard of anything. I've never heard of anything more screwed up. They literally repurposed the ceiling duct work that was used for a swamp cooler. And is this ceiling duct work in your attic, Genie.
Speaker 16: No, it's a slat roof.
Speaker 1: So where is the duct work? Literally? Can you see it when you look up in your house?
Speaker 16: Yeah? I can take the vents down and look right through it.
Speaker 1: Okay, So the ductwork is literally exposed on your ceiling is that right?
Speaker 16: No, the vents are camping, the venting, they're flushed to the the ceiling.
Speaker 1: Okay. So then even though you have a flat roof, there has to be room in that flat roof between your ceiling and the outside for the duct work. Correct, okay. And they cut off the swamp cooler, and now they're using that duct work to return air to the furnace.
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 16: The swamp cooler remains on the roof because it's a farm roof, and they blew the farm up along the planum on the four sides of the swamp cooler. I would not let them remove the swamp cooler away because they did not want water coming between the.
Speaker 1: Farn Okay, left, But the duct work, the ductwork is no longer be being used by the swamp cooler. Is that correct?
Speaker 16: Correct?
Speaker 1: Okay? Now, Adam, I've never heard of such a thing of having ceiling duct work for return air. Shouldn't return air be at the bottom of the room.
Speaker 18: Not necessarily. First thing I got to ask is, so if you have a flat roof and you have no attic, where is your furnace.
Speaker 16: The furnace is in the hall closet towards the rear of the building where the.
Speaker 14: Three bedrooms are.
Speaker 2: Got it, thank you?
Speaker 17: So ideally right in the.
Speaker 16: Floor, Adam, the duct work for the heat is in the floor.
Speaker 1: Yes, he's got it. So they have a closet furnace, they have ductwork in the floor and ceiling return air. And you're telling me that you've heard of high returns as opposed to low returns in.
Speaker 18: A perfect world.
Speaker 1: Do you want both? I've always I've always thought, Adam, Adam, correct me if I'm wrong. I've always thought you want return air at the bottom of the room and then the supply air. I don't know, I don't know what the hell I'm talking about. So return air is the return air is the air that's going back to the furnace or the ac to be recirculated, right, correct, So expound on that. Where do you want it?
Speaker 16: Adam?
Speaker 18: Yeah, So let's let's just let me explain real quick how that works.
Speaker 15: Right.
Speaker 18: So heat rises good, right, So towards the ceiling, the air is going to be warmer, where on the ground it's going to be colder. If you want an equal temperature throughout your home, you want to be pulling the hot air from up top and then the cool air from down below so that you can have an equalized temperature throughout the home, so that you're not dealing with you know, up at six feet where your head is, it's super warm and down at your feeling it's twenty degrees difference. Right, you want to be circulating air and equalize the air temperature jop the home. If you're only pulling from the bottom, the heat is just going to keep okay, up on the top.
Speaker 1: I get it. That's good, Okay, I didn't know that. So now, so her main issue right now, I think, Geenie, you say it's pretty noisy, Is that right?
Speaker 22: Yes?
Speaker 16: They had a bedroom. There's a uh shower stall, toilet. Next to that is a changing vanity room and closets that has one air ducked in the toilet area and a cold air return in the changing section. You step into the bedroom, there's a swamp cooler vent right over the doorway, and there's two four events for heating. There's five vents total in that room. That is the noisiest room. Of course, that's my beat.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I don't think. I don't think you can. I don't know. They might have oversized it. They might. There's so many things that could be done. Here's going to be the problem. You just had this system installed when Monday the thirteen, and did they put a four ton AC in that place?
Speaker 16: Yes, they did, with a three and a half choil for the AC underneath it. And they did not finish putting the condenser in because I stopped them. They were going to put the condenser in the day after on Tuesday. I said, no, you're not. You put in a four ton furnace. And the proposal is all equipment will be three and a half.
Speaker 1: And what about the furnace. What size is your furnace four ton? Well, no, it's not. Your furnace is measured by bt US.
Speaker 16: Well the furnace, Adam's going a question for you.
Speaker 1: Hold on, I really want to get to one topic before we hop to another. Hold on a second. You need to get this system analyzed. But here's the problem. How much was the entire entire estimate for this HVAC system?
Speaker 16: Hold your head, I'm seventy four hundred.
Speaker 1: That's not a lot of money. That's not a lot of money at.
Speaker 20: All that price.
Speaker 16: I'll let everybody else well this quote.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but here's the thing. What good is seventy four hundred for a half asked half price if it's not done right? Hold on, I got to take a break. I got to take a break. Hold on, I'm Tom Martinez. We're gonna come back with more right after this. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 2: Help.
Speaker 1: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're a troubleshooter three oh three seven. Once you talk, I'm gonna go back and forth to this HVAC thing. But right now, Adam Hannah wanted to ask, is this part of the free second opinion from fix It? I know it's a you do free second opinions if someone has told you need something, but after they're already sold something, I know how you guys operate just like all the other good companies. You're not gonna try to work with a screwed up system because you're gonna own it, right, I mean, be honest here, what would you do if you looked at it and it's all screwed up?
Speaker 18: We'd probably end up having to start from scratch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and would you even reuse the equipment?
Speaker 18: No?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So this woman, it doesn't sound like it doesn't sound like they did it the right way. But I'm not sure if they did or not. But you can at least give her an opinion, right happily? Okay? Would that be a free second opinion?
Speaker 22: Yes, that is correct.
Speaker 1: Okay, Geenie, we're gonna hook you up for that. Really, it's silly to keep going without knowing what the problem is. And listen, I'm sure if there's a simple fix here or there, they might make a recommendation. But please understand, no matter who you call, no matter who you call, very few people will work with a previously in solved system because.
Speaker 11: They own it.
Speaker 1: When they do that, anyone else who wants a free second opinion fixmihome dot com or seven to zero five two six thirty nine, thirty nine, Kevin Caulkin. I had a question for one of my listeners who I've been working with, Raylan, who had this twenty twenty one envision. Hey, keV, Hey is this TCM on a twenty twenty one buick in vision? I think I may have asked you this is that nationally back ordered?
Speaker 25: Do you know a lot of them are yeah, yeah, you get okay, I can verify it. But yeah, we're having trouble with a.
Speaker 3: Lot of them.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm gonna have Deputy D call you after he talks to her. He's trying to work with her. But here's what I want to know. Is it a safety item? She said? They say, look, we don't want to pay for a loaner because she can drive her car, and she says, no, I can be stuck or stranded. Well, tell me about it. What would a TCM do that could make her stranded?
Speaker 25: It could do a number of things. I mean, it could be as it maybe it won't shift, maybe it'll shift erratically. I mean it'll run the whole gambit to even just put a check engine line on and affect it no other way. So it's it's kind of put.
Speaker 1: It screw her up, though not put it strand her somewhere.
Speaker 25: Any car can strand you anywhere at any time. I mean, it's but it just depends on the fault. But I have not really seen a TCM shut the transmission down completely, you know, just out of the blue.
Speaker 1: You know what I would do, and I'm going to ask Deputy D to do this. Maybe what we do is have her get her car, with the understanding that if she stranded, they would come get the car.
Speaker 12: Oh.
Speaker 25: Absolutely, yeah, yeah, see I speak exactly.
Speaker 24: I think I need to speak with a servicing dealer just to get a really good understanding of what the issue is. She keeps saying shifter, we're saying TCM. Now, then she's then she said a transmission module. That's what she said. Yeah, she did say that. Yeah, So I'd like to speak with them first, and I'd also like to resolve the issue of whether or not they were even obligated to provide a loaner.
Speaker 1: No, they're not, that's what I thought. They're not. Technically they're not. But all over the country this is happening right keV. Where people are their cars are down for six months?
Speaker 25: Yes, some are not even drivable down for six months and they don't get loan of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll follow up on this.
Speaker 24: I think my first step is going to be speaking to speak with the dealer. Then I'll call Kevin and then we'll come up with this some kind of a resolution to this.
Speaker 2: Thanks.
Speaker 1: Kevin shared an auto tech dot com three oh three, four five, five, seventy two forty two that shared an auto tech dot com. Okay, Amy, what's going on?
Speaker 23: I am having a lot of problems with myself phone carrier.
Speaker 3: I what was them about?
Speaker 23: Probably about eight months ago and bought a phone, and then about six months ago in October, the cell phone tower, one of their cell phone towers went out, so I lost all my pictures, I lost my data.
Speaker 1: I wasn't told wait wait wait, no, no, no, a cell tower going out.
Speaker 8: That doesn't make sense.
Speaker 1: No this, No, you're at sus. You were taking the words right out of my mouth, Amy, having bad service or even no service would not affect the cloud or the card in your phone or the memory. So I don't understand how you equated poor service or a downed cellular tower with lost data. Tell me who made that connection for you?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 23: Actually, so my phone went completely white, and I couldn't I couldn't get you any service. So I went into the phone store and she.
Speaker 26: Said, okay, you're just gonna have to buy another phone. And I thought it was me and I was like, what, you know, I didn't do anything to my phone, and then so I bought another phone. Well, after I bought the phone, I went to pay my next bill and she said, oh, by the way, our towers went out that day. So there was a cell phone tower that went out that day. A lot of people had to buy a new phone. And I was like, oh, well, that would have been nice to be told that, because I don't know if I would have.
Speaker 1: Bought well that listen, of course not, you would have not needed a new phone. They used it to sell you a new phone. You have two issues here. Listen carefully, Okay, you have two issues. One is whether you needed the phone or not. But the other issue is that's when you lost your dat is when they transferred you to a new phone. So yeah, with that particular cricket service, is your data stored on the SIM card, in the memory of the phone, or in the cloud?
Speaker 3: Do you know.
Speaker 23: It's stored in the memory of the phone. I believe I have a flip phone I had to get because of a stalker situation. So yeahh wait a minute, you.
Speaker 1: Had to get a flip phone because of a stalker. Yeah, yeah, so how did that flip home? I'm curious, how did the flip phone help you? Because it had less I don't know. Was it not hackable or what? What do you mean?
Speaker 23: Yeah, they're they're more, they're harder to hack. And I wouldn't access the Internet on there. There's a weight. There would be a way to access the Internet through my through my end, but I felt like it would be safer.
Speaker 9: I was told, oh, I get it.
Speaker 1: So you had a pretty much you got as low tech of a phone as you could get.
Speaker 23: Yeah, way too low tech. So and then you know my new phone. Yeah, I used for a couple of months, but I'm unemployed and I needed to change carriers. So I called Consumer Cellular. I said I need to I'm on a different plan through through a family member, and so I got set up with them. Well, when I called Cricket, I said, I need you to unlock my phone, and they said, oh, we can't. You have to have that phone for six months.
Speaker 12: Great, and I was very.
Speaker 23: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's because when they give you a phone or upgrade you, you commit to a certain amount of time so they can repay themselves for that. Oh yeah, Now here's what I want to know. It is, so are you still hold on? Are you still with Cricket or are you with Consumer Cellular? No?
Speaker 23: I went with Consumer Cellular. But now I can't, you know, put the new SIM card in the phone because the phone is locked.
Speaker 1: Well what when I was locked?
Speaker 23: The flip phone that I got through Cricket?
Speaker 1: Okay, because it's the second phone, the first phone, or the second Cricket phone, the second Cricket the one that does work. Okay, So the second Cricket phone, did it have your data on it? The second one?
Speaker 23: No, it didn't have any of my pictures or anything.
Speaker 2: No, So I did your.
Speaker 1: First Cricket phone have it?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well where okay? Hold on? Then then you don't need to transfer anything from the second Cricket phone, the first Cricket phone. Where were your pictures stored on the SIM card?
Speaker 23: No, they were stored in the phone. They don't store those on the SIM card. That's what I was told.
Speaker 1: Okay, So is there a way to take the first cricket phone and transfer your pictures.
Speaker 23: No, they're gone because of the cell phone tower. The phone just went completely white.
Speaker 1: So no, no, they're not gone because of the cell phone tower. Dear, they're not gone. If they were in that first phone, they're still in that first phone.
Speaker 24: Does the first phone turn on anymore or do you still.
Speaker 2: Just get the white screen?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 23: No, it doesn't turn on anymore. I just got the I get the white screen when I turn it on.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think that's our answer, even if that's what happened. The phone broke and so did its memory. That's where your pictures are. No one's to blame for it. It just happened. But what is your issue right now? We can help you with I need to ask you that, and we want to try to help you. Right after this, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check free, no obligation. In comparison, call compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help You'll think you're his only customer. When you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Brian Burns is with us. Brian, I have a couple questions for you, man, Thank you for being here. You're with Compass Insurance Group, home of the free insurance checkup always, and I mean that an honest to god checkup where they're gonna tell you what they think they can do for you, do for you on coverage and whether or not you need to switch or you have a great deal. They really will be honest with you. And that's the Insurance Health Center dot com three h three nine ninety six nine thousand. I want to ask you a few questions here, Brian. Somebody wants to know the Clue Report. How does Clue Report get information? Clue Report is like a credit service now, excuse me, credit reporting. In other words, you know how people go to credit reporting agencies to find out your credit. Well, Clue is where people go to find out your claim history. Who reports to Cluebrian.
Speaker 12: The insurance companies.
Speaker 1: Okay, so they keep a central database and does that sometimes show up people who are continually putting in claims and they get a low score.
Speaker 17: Is that kind of thing you're thinking, There's two different things that we're referring to here. The CLUE report would be the actual losses. So the Comprehensive Loss Underwriting Exchange is what that abbreviation is for CLUE, and that's going to be So the claims.
Speaker 12: Don't have anything to do with a score.
Speaker 17: It's just a matter of, oh, he's got two claims. This insurance company doesn't take two losses in the last five years. That only take one loss that kind of thing. It's not a score. The score is the insurance score, and that is heavily based off of credit. But it's all internalized for these different insurance carriers. In other words, I don't see a score when I'm rating it. I just probably would be able to tell they don't have a great insurance score because the price is high for no other reason. So I'm thinking, oh, it must be a credit based issue.
Speaker 1: So someone wants to know this. They want to know if you have price higher claims or lower claims. Does that affect the clue report like the amount of the claim.
Speaker 17: No, it doesn't. So you know here and I know I'm not trying to be wishy wash you with you. The fact of the matter is if there are losses, and that's what the clue report's going to show. If there is losses on your property, it will show whatever there is. So if there is some carriers, even couent, if you have a zero pay loss, in other words, the fact that you have a loss still is underwritten against. If you have two losses, no matter what. With a lot of carriers, now you're you're blocked out in the last five years. They won't even offer a quote, so it doesn't really matter. Now I'm going to hedge that by telling you, let's say you're dealing with a carrier that isn't quite so black and white. With that, then you have underwriters that you.
Speaker 2: Can talk to.
Speaker 17: And if you had a loss that was you know, fifteen hundred box and it was easily explained, it was you know, let's say, you know whatever, a small leak underneath the sink and it was easily cleaned up, no major damage, professionally fixed whatever you want to say, whatever the details are, that makes a difference versus if they had a seven many five thousand bar water loss, because the thought would be there.
Speaker 18: Could be continually, you know, continual.
Speaker 17: Problems with mold or something else. So it matters if you're dealing with a company that will underwrite and talk to you about it. But this is just if there's a loss, there's a loss, all right.
Speaker 1: Now, hold on Compass Insurance Group. I have a question concerning covering stuff, and hang on for that because I really need to come back to that. And Amy, I haven't forgotten about your cricket issue. We're going to come back to you to find out what do you need right now today, Right after this, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer When you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five Paul, you have an issue with a car purchase. What's going on?
Speaker 2: Man hey?
Speaker 12: Brother? So, so about six months ago, I bought a twenty fourteen CADILLACUS r X from a dealership it's called Hucci's Auto Sales in Inglewood, and unfortunately a bottom line it's wait, it's.
Speaker 2: Called hucis what could go wrong? Did you buy Hoochie's?
Speaker 25: Yeah, it was a family who.
Speaker 1: How are you spelling that?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 12: Hhrophees?
Speaker 1: Got it? Okay? And what happened?
Speaker 12: So unfortunately, about a month ago the transmission went out. So I have this stupid warranty because you know they always I'm nineteen years old at my first car, just just got an apartment, got custody of a six sixteen year old, and I needed, you know, reliable transfer.
Speaker 1: All right, So so you you bought wait wait, wait, you bought it six months ago and the transmission went.
Speaker 12: Out, Yes, and then the engine just went out as well?
Speaker 1: Well, how many miles on it? How many miles on it?
Speaker 12: I got it with eighty seven thousand, and it had one hundred and one when the engine went out and the trans.
Speaker 1: Okay, but listen, I want to I want to let me, let me just rush right to it, Paul. Let me give you the sad news. First, they don't owe you anything. Man, you buy a used car, anything can happen unless listen to the unless, because when I say this, everyone says, oh, yeah, I was defrauded. Unless you were defrauded. That means they knew of a defect and lied to you about it or covered it up.
Speaker 20: Type of thing.
Speaker 12: A warranty, and I do have a warranty. So unfortunately they're asking me to pay fourteen hundred dollars out of pocket. And I've gone back and forth with the leadership kind of about you know, hey, you guys, no way to call Paul.
Speaker 1: Paul, you have a warranty. What does that mean? What does that mean? Tell me about the warranty.
Speaker 12: So the full coverage warranty, the insurance is called like it's something Dino go.
Speaker 1: With a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer, Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: D News. Need that so you don't have come running just as fast as we can.
Speaker 4: Shooter's gonna help come Man.
Speaker 6: Dix is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 1: Now Tom Martino, Hey, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three O three seven one three talk three all three seven one three A two five five Always here to help you solve problems, answer questions, say complaints, make your life a little easier each and every day. I have fixed at twenty four to seven in the house by way of Hannah and her experts, and we're answering questions about the house coming up home services of all plumbing, heating, cooling, electric and drains and so really welcome. And then I also have callers waiting. We'll get to so Brian Burns is on. I want to go to Brian. Then I'll go back to the car, Brian. He don't have a lot of times, so I'm going to take him. Brian Burns the Insurance Helps Center three h three nine ninety six nine thousand for free insurance checkups. Brian, So you answered a lot of good questions. I have one. I have some others that have come in. One is this this guy has a man cave, and another one has a hanger. I put these together and then I have a hanger.
Speaker 12: Yep.
Speaker 1: And man caves are getting pretty common where people are restoring cars or just having watching the game with friends. It's amazing some of the things and people want to know about ensuring their stuff, their tools and their stuff, but not ensuring necessarily the structure or all of that are there. Coverage is available.
Speaker 17: Yeah, So with those man cads, I've written many, many of those. Usually it's similar to what a condo, like a second home almost a condo would be where there's an HOA or that is actually covering the exterior, but then they still might have the responsibility of the inside, more specifically to the personal property. So a condo or what's an HO six policy can go and cover the interior whatever they're responsible for, you can put a dollar amount to that and then cover whatever personal property they have on the inside.
Speaker 1: Okay, so what about liability.
Speaker 17: Yep, liability would be included in that. So a lot of times if we're going to call it a second home, where you add the liability is on the primary home, and you can just put an additional coverage an endorsement on the policy that extends liability to another address. So that's pretty easy and very inexpensive. So in other words, if you're just like I don't really care about the personal property, and that's another thing to keep in mind. If you need no coverage at all for the interior dwelling, like the actual structure inside, if you don't have to cover that, most policies will extend ten percent of the personal property to a second home. So automatically, if you had, you know, two hundred thousand dollars a personal property coverage, you would have twenty thousand that would extend to that second home. Then all you would have to do is add the liability and you're talking about next to nothing, you know, twenty bucks Yaton.
Speaker 1: Well, Brian, but if it's not a second home, if it's a man cave, or a hangar or a garage. Is that considered like a second home.
Speaker 17: Well, a man cave could be because there's actually usually there's a bathroom in there, there's uh, there's a living area that you could there if you wanted, So that would be an appropriate way to classify it. Hangars are a little more difficult because there's an airplane involved with it, so those a lot of carriers, standard carriers are not going to be interested in insuring the maand case that becomes so common that it's it's easier to talk that through with an insurance company.
Speaker 1: Okay, So what about if you're restoring a car in a man cave or garage or you have an aircraft in the hangar, none of that's going to be.
Speaker 17: Covered, right, Yeah, so you would need to get insurance for the actual thing you're restoring, and that is very for a parados, it's easy, like a company like Haggarty has a policy for cars that are being restored.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you, Brian, I appreciate it. Brian Burns Compass Insurance. It's the Insurance Health Center dot com three h three nine ninety six nine three or three nine ninety six nine thousand for the insurance checkup. Now, Paul, back to you. Hey, Paul, So, you bought a twenty fourteen Cadillac SRX and you bought an extended warranty. I want to give you the straight facts first, then we'll talk about it. When you buy a warranty, your subject to the terms and conditions of the warranty. That means copays, that means exclusions, that means all kinds of stuff. Now there's also fraud that you know, if they defrauded you. We want to make sure that they didn't. But here's the deal. What you what so far, what it sounds like is that you had to use car and unfortunately had some costs. So what were you hoping we would tell you that they should pay for all of it?
Speaker 3: Or what?
Speaker 1: What is the main issue?
Speaker 16: Paul?
Speaker 12: So, I to be honest, I know that there's really denominated happen the papers.
Speaker 6: How to fuck.
Speaker 12: It's just it's just how the game goes in the car industry. But what I'm worried about is the warranty. People had told me to go to Auto Care Plus and I talked to them, and so that the owner of the place where my.
Speaker 1: Car is getting has gone I don't understand the warranty people told you to go where.
Speaker 12: They they They told me that I had to go to Auto Care Plus with my warranty.
Speaker 1: What is that? What does that mean?
Speaker 22: What?
Speaker 1: What does that even mean? I don't understand what you're talking about.
Speaker 12: So so when I when I openly claim to be able to get my car looked at, when I called.
Speaker 6: That they have to he's talking about a third party company that manages that warranty. Tom the dealership is saying they don't have anything to do with the actual administration of the warranty.
Speaker 1: And that's called auto care.
Speaker 15: Yeah, auto Care Plus, Go ahead, go ahea.
Speaker 25: What is it?
Speaker 1: What's the name of it?
Speaker 24: Autocare Plus is an auto repair shop on Hampton Okay?
Speaker 1: Is that where you went?
Speaker 12: Yes, that's that's the auto repair shop where it's at.
Speaker 1: Okay, So now what is your issue with Autocare Plus?
Speaker 12: So when I was when I was talking to them, to me, it sounds like the people from Hoochie's, the owner from Hucci's and the owner at this mechanic shop, they're they're best friends. They've known each other for a really long time. They go way back, and all right, they prior before buying the vehicles. They never mentioned anything about anything being inspected, and so when we when I called about all my issues.
Speaker 1: Nothing nothing, bro nothing has to be inspected.
Speaker 12: Okay, Well, kind of what I'm worried about is I feel like that mechanic shop was fully aware of the things that was wrong with that vehicle, and I really do.
Speaker 1: Well, you'll never Paul. They could be fully aware of it. In fact, the dealer could be fully aware that the engine is on its way out. Being aware is not a crime. Lying about it or covering it up is. But if they sold it as is, they don't have to tell you what's wrong with it, Paul. I'm not saying this to be a smart ass. I'm not trying to trick you or hook you. I don't like saying it, but it's the truth. I can sell a car knowing it's a piece of garbage, and there's no obligation on me whatsoever when I sell that as is except in Colorado, incept in Colorado, if it doesn't pass the emissions, or I don't I have reason to believe it won't, or whatever, I can't. You know, the emissions is one thing, and there's basic safety things is another. But the thing could be all kinds of problems, and I don't have to tell you now. I can't lie to you about it or deceive you about it. Did you get this car fully checked out before you bought it? No?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 1: So let me let me ask you what did you pay for this car?
Speaker 12: The car was lit, I mean it was listed at thirteen thousand. With everything put together, it was like nineteen and I put down two and it totaled it out to seventeen. And I'm all about fourteen ish on it. I've been making large amount of payments trying to get it paid off.
Speaker 1: But the purchase price, the purchase price was about nineteen.
Speaker 12: Right, It was about thirteen thousand, and then total finance was nineteen, correct.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that doesn't count. The purchase price is what counts. Because when we purchase a house and we asked what we paid for it, we don't count the mortgage payments. We count what we paid for it. So you paid about thirteen for it, is that right? Correct? And then if you pay every payment, it's going to amount to about nineteen.
Speaker 12: Correct, okay?
Speaker 1: And on the thirteen did that include the warranty?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay? How much five thousand four, Paul, No, it's finance charges. We already went over that real quick here, Paul. What I want to know is this, how much out of pocket to get it fixed, including the previous repair? How much would you be all in? How much on the repairs?
Speaker 2: Fourteen m.
Speaker 12: At about eighteen hundreds, so.
Speaker 1: It would be thirteen it would be fourteen eight basically, Yes, Okay, Well that's not the end of the world. I mean, I'm not saying you should be happy about it, but I don't think you need to. I don't think you're gonna get anywhere arguing. I really don't. They sold your car as is. The warranty's covering a good part of it. You owe eighteen hundred if you add it to your thirteen fourteen eight for a fourteen Caddy with eighty seven thousands. Yeah, you probably overpaid a little, but I don't think you were slammed. I just think it's terrible. I don't just look at no one wants these problems throw But I don't really believe that. I don't know, man, I just don't think it's a total screw job. Does that make sense?
Speaker 27: Yeah, Well, you know I've noticed through their reviews they had, they had, They've had two websites. One is like they've tried to kind of diministrate or do what they could with it, but it's still up and it has terrible reviews.
Speaker 12: So they had to get another one. And this one they have a ton of fake five star reviews.
Speaker 1: And yeah, well you know, that's a whole different story. But by the way, that's good to let people know that's a whole different ballgame. Give up, give Kachina off the air those websites and we'll look into it. Thank you, Paul, I'm sorry man three oh three seven one three A two five. I've listened Frank around. The real estate Man dot com will do a free market valuation of your home. That means what it what it will self for in this market, based on supplying demand, interest rates, based on inventory, based on your comps. It's all a free analysis and this man is one of the best real estate people you can ever have. Frank durand the real Estate Man dot com three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content plea time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real Estateman dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Welcome to the only show of us kind anywhere eight eight eight Heating dot com high efficiency units at the best price is guaranteed. Dan McKenzie McKenzie law, let me just say this. McKenzie does wills, trusts, keeps you out of probate, or helps you with probate. He's a great guy. Dan McKenzie McKenzie law. If you need him for a will, he can do it quickly. He can do a long range plan, short rangeman whatever you need eight three three CEO plans eight three three co plans Now. Adam is with us from fixmihome dot com. Fix at twenty four to seven. When he's not here, you can reach them at seven two zero five two six thirty nine thirty nine. Adam, I hope you're ready.
Speaker 20: Man.
Speaker 1: That the here's the here's the here is the longest short of it. You're ready now. My water pressure is low. I'm on City water. Can I boost it?
Speaker 17: In theory, that's not that speak not a simple question.
Speaker 1: But in theory, no, that's good though, no, no expound on it. Man, go ahead.
Speaker 18: So in all honesty, I'm the HVAC service manager. That would be a significally better question to ask my plumbing manager.
Speaker 1: But there are Okay, good, Then here's what we'll here's what we'll do, man, pass it down the line. We'll try to answer before the end of the show, or we'll do it tomorrow. That's why we're on.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: This is all casual. This is all open and honest, and and I love that you told me that. So that's how do we alter pressure? And we'll talk about that. But right now, I want to go back to back to my questions. Okay, I'm confused on how to size my furnace. After your discussion, nac are they measured for the size of the house. You said, there's a number of factors quickly go over them and do people have to You can't do that on the phone? Can you man no? Over the major factors very quickly? On sizing the service?
Speaker 18: How many return vents you have, how many supply vents you have? How big your trunk line is, how many if you have louvers turning veins, if your trunk line goes in two directions or a single direction.
Speaker 23: If you have.
Speaker 18: Multiple floors where the furnace is located its longest run length, then you have your return side, which has the same exact variables. How big is your return drop relative to the side of the return trunk line? Does your return trunk line go multiple directions? Do you have return vents on the lower part of the wall and the higher portion of the wall, meaning you get both your hotter air that's risen and the cool air that's down at the ground level. Where are those return vents located in relation to the distance of the system. What's the temperature of the air going into the unit? What's the temperature of the air coming out of the unit during heating and cooling?
Speaker 1: There's wait a minute, Adam, Wait a minute, Wait a minute, Adam, are you really that smart. I mean, do you guys truly do no, I'm serious, Do you do a complete calculation? Even if they already have a system and you're just going to replace it, you really should, okay, because the original system may not be correct?
Speaker 16: Right? Correct?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Somebody else wants to know. Can I zone an existing system? Should you?
Speaker 18: And could you are two different questions.
Speaker 16: Could you?
Speaker 18: Yes?
Speaker 1: Keep going?
Speaker 12: Probably not?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 18: Well, at this altitude, it's just causes a lot of airflow problems. Traditionally, if you oh zone a system and you cut it in half, well, you still have a pump that's pumping you know, like we're using earlier hundred gallons of water per minute, but you've only got a hose that can handle one hundred gallons, right, Well, then you cut that in half. Your pump is still pumping one hundred gallons of water, but you cut hose half of the hose off. Now you can only pump fifty. Now you're causing a back pressure issue with the furnace and can cause it to burn out.
Speaker 1: Wow, do you know what? You guys did a furnace for me for that very reason. It was not that old. And one of your guys said, look, Tom. I know it's only twelve or fifteen years old, but you have a zone system and it cuts down the life. That's what they told me. It's a totally it's a Honeywell zone system with pneumatic opening and closings. So anyway, that's just a side thought. So that you guys asked me, do I want to keep the zoning? And I said yes, it's really comfortable and I like it. And they said, okay, you're going to sacrifice a little. But they did say on the new system they put in, it can handle it a little better because it's some kind of multi stage.
Speaker 14: I assume what you got in is either.
Speaker 18: A variable speed communicating or a variable speed modulating where it has an automatic rambrange and it's able to adjust accordingly.
Speaker 1: Good, excellent. Now I moved into a home and in the furnace room there's an open pipe that goes near the bottom of the furnace and then it goes to the outside. It seems like a waste of energy.
Speaker 2: Do I need it?
Speaker 22: Yes?
Speaker 1: That's fresh air, isn't it. It's your fresh air.
Speaker 18: It's your combustion, are right, that's correct?
Speaker 1: So is that why you want that furnace room cut off, right, you want it shut off from the house.
Speaker 18: Right, doesn't necessarily have to be I'm sure for it's more for us, but that.
Speaker 1: Doesn't that doesn't waste a lot of energy having that open pipe.
Speaker 18: No, if you look at it from the perspective of combustion, right, you need oxygen for flame. So if you're just sacrificing and taking the oxygen in your home, well, that can create some pretty serious problems, woun't you think. So that's why we have the fresh air to come in to the furnace room, so it supplies it with fresh like oxygen for combustion purposes, so that we can have a nice, bright, healthy flame.
Speaker 1: Okay, Adam, this goes right along with that. I sifted through this for this reason. I'm finishing my basement and we're going to enclose the furnace. Now, how big or how small can I make that room around the furnace?
Speaker 18: So to be hones, you would have to consult with one of the city inspectors. I'm not sure what your municipal code is, but I'm sure there's some form of regulation revolving around that you'd want to cite that.
Speaker 12: Or if you would like.
Speaker 1: Obviously, obviously being big isn't the problem. It's being too small that's going to be the problem. Choking it right?
Speaker 12: Correct?
Speaker 1: And safety? Don't they want a certain amount of space around it?
Speaker 18: Correct? I'd love to say, are.
Speaker 1: You saying different cities have do different cities have Do different cities have different uh specifications on that? Or are they about the same?
Speaker 18: Yeah, they're everyone's a little bit different.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, now we got more coming up. I'm Tom Martine.
Speaker 2: What's that.
Speaker 3: If?
Speaker 18: Is eighteen inches on all sides plus I think twenty inches in front.
Speaker 1: Okay, we got one more coming up. You can call me about anything. We are highlighting home services, but it doesn't have to be just home services. Three oh three seven one three talk and of course you can always call three oh three Martino three O three six two seven eight four six six. Renew Home Innovations does beautiful shower conversions. I mean they're beautiful. What they do are porcelain sheets. Oh my god, it looks like a million bucks. No maintenance, no grout lines, beautiful shower glass walls. You don't have to worry about doors. They make that curve around and you can make it custom to your movements renew home Innovations dot com two or three days to do it, seventy two months to pay with no interest. Three oh three nine zero four two thousand. That's three oh three nine zero four two thousand. Renew home Innovations dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 2: Help.
Speaker 1: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Waterpros dot Net Remember kitchen drinking water reverse osmosis to the lowest price ever. I think it's like eleven hundred bucks man Waterpros dot Net three oh three eight six two five five five four. Okay, now we have Adam with fixmihome dot com fix at twenty four to seven. Okay, here's some more I'm thinking about replacing my HVAC. There are so many choices. There's high efficiency units, and but there are within the high efficiency there's two stage, variable speed, constant speed, single stage. What the hell are they about? He didn't say that, that's I added that, But uh, what is what is the two stage? What is the variable speed? Just go over the basic choices quickly here, all.
Speaker 18: Right, So you've got you've got one single speed, right, which is me that has one one button on go means you get one temperature, one to let, one electrical draw.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 18: Then you have multi speed, right assuming when you're going into air conditioning systems, I'm assuming we're talking about the condensing unit, which means that you can get two different stages of cool ink or more. There are various kinds. But then which the higher you go, the more electricity you're going to use, but the more cold are that you're going to get. And then you have like modulating and communicating, which is along the same lines, but they're just a little bit more intelligent in the sense that they have the ability to all kind of communicate with each other and work under certain parameters that have to be set up when installed.
Speaker 1: Okay, So is variable speed always better than single stage?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 18: Not necessarily, but more often than not.
Speaker 1: Yes, not necessarily, meaning if your house isn't you know, I mean you could do overkill in other words, correct? Okay. Now I have a high recovery water heater. Again, this might be for plumbing. We'll get you back. And it's set on very hot in the summer. I almost never run out of hot water, and it comes out very hot in the winter, the water doesn't get us hot and runs out quicker? Why would this matter if the water tank is in a heated basement?
Speaker 18: So again, that's a really good question that I would love to defer to plumbing department.
Speaker 1: Hanna, Are you going to take that.
Speaker 18: To give you enough?
Speaker 1: Okay? How difficult is it to move heating registers?
Speaker 18: It depends on the way your home is designed.
Speaker 1: So if you I imagine, if you have an open basement, it would be way easier, right, correct? Okay. I stayed at a friend's house during a recent vacation.
Speaker 3: They have.
Speaker 1: All in floor radiant heating. I love it. Are they difficult to install?
Speaker 2: You guys?
Speaker 15: Do it?
Speaker 1: They don't ask if you guys do it. I'm asking if you guys do it? Are they difficult? Do you guys do it?
Speaker 18: By the way, that's actually something we're in the process of rolling out.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, man, their beauty. It's a beautiful system. But they are they save energy too because they don't.
Speaker 18: Have to heat the whole room, correct, Yeah, instead of the next question. It heats the space much more efficient.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And when you stand on the floor, you come out of a shower, you feel great. I have in I have some in floor heat. Somebody wants to know what's the best way to heat a garage.
Speaker 18: Oh, that's kind of a trick question.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is a tough one.
Speaker 18: Yeah, there's there's there's too many variables that go into play, too many factors.
Speaker 1: Well let's look okay, hold on, then let's talk about not the best, but the different ways. You have the hanging heater that everyone sees in the corner, right, m I mean I like those, they're pretty good. What about this tube you see in some of them there's a tube that almost glows ye that.
Speaker 18: I'll be honest, I'm actually not the genius who designed them. And understand how they function, but I will tell you they are. They're my preferred method when it comes to heating spaces that aren't lived in spaces.
Speaker 1: Okay, because it takes too long space the air, right, because if you use a hanging heater or a space heater, it's got to go on and on and on to get over the air. Right. But if you use a radiant heater and you're standing under it, you're you're warm.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 22: Correct.
Speaker 18: It heats the space, the it heats the the material Instead of just blowing hot air around to heat everything up, it actually heats the materials and the floor and the stairs itself.
Speaker 2: See you next time.
Speaker 1: Okay, here's a basic one. I think I know the answer. How often should I replace my furnace filters?
Speaker 18: Depends on the type of filter, but traditionally once a month unless they're using some form of electronic air cleaner and air purifire.
Speaker 1: Do you like the electronic stuff? This sadic stuff.
Speaker 12: That's what I use in my own.
Speaker 1: Okay, But if you don't have that, you want the wispiest filter there is. You don't want a thick filter that's going to choke it. Right.
Speaker 18: Traditionally, yes, depends on if the system's oversized, undersized, or perfectly sized.
Speaker 1: Okay, but you want something though that.
Speaker 18: Breathes easy, right traditionally, Yes, sir.
Speaker 1: Okay, we got more coming up. Three all three seven to one three talk. We have a comment on hot water. Go ahead, jail, let you make that comment.
Speaker 19: Go ahead, Hey, Tom, Yeah, when you're heay not getting quite as good as hot water in the winter. What you've got to realize is in the summer, if you run your cold water, it never really feels that cold. In the winter, you're yeah, a little bit. It feels like it's coming out of the refrigerator.
Speaker 2: I mean it's super cool, right.
Speaker 19: So as you're filling your water tank, it takes a lot more energy and time to bring it up to temperature than it does in the summer.
Speaker 1: That's because of the outside coming into the house, right, Yep.
Speaker 19: Doesn't matter where it's located, it's just that water so darn cold in the winter.
Speaker 1: Okay, that makes sense. I appreciate that. We got more coming up. I'm Tom Martinez. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Don't forget K and H Home Solutions. They have the solutions for you for siding windows, doors and more. KNH has which you're looking for, one of the oldest home improven companies in all of Colorado. I really like these guys. They've been around for years. They've been supporting me for years, and I've been supporting them. Three oh three four to two one seventy one hundred go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Wait.
Speaker 1: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two where you're just Hi, Tom Martine here, all right, welcome three oh three seven to one three talks seven o one three eight two five to five. Remember this we have in the house with us fix it twenty four to seven and they have a special. Go ahead, Hannah, what's the special?
Speaker 16: All right?
Speaker 8: First off, thanks to Adam Sap for taking all those questions today.
Speaker 1: Oh, it was great questions from your people.
Speaker 26: Tom.
Speaker 10: Yeah, okay, So let's get to the special, our maten and special where we come in and do that deep clean to make sure your system is ready. Tom, We've seen so many breakdowns during the cold snaps that could have been avoided.
Speaker 8: So what we're doing is that deep clean, the extreme.
Speaker 1: Clean you call it. I call it the extreme clean for your people. The first ten it's going to be nineteen dollars.
Speaker 3: You know that.
Speaker 1: Can I just say something, Yes, you can't. That's extremely low, because even thirty nine is ridiculous. H it really is, because you guys go in for more than an hour, sometimes two hours, two and a half hours, and truly, when you see this, you're going to be shocked. So many people w called this show and said what I mean they went, they said, I can't believe the time they spent. And they give you a no break Dad, and guarantee. They practically refurbished the damn thing, take it apart to the they can sometimes they carry the parts outside, degrease in them and clean them. And then that is.
Speaker 10: Nineteen ninety five, nineteen dollars flat nineteen.
Speaker 1: Flat for the first ten right now? Seven two zero five two six thirty nine, thirty nine nineteen bucks for the first ten then thirty nine bucks. Thirty nine and thirty nine is cheap too, honest to good?
Speaker 4: Yes, it's normally on hundred and ninety nine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well and even that, I mean god, okay, So anyway, thirty nine bucks, and it has to be people who have not had it before. Don't take advantage.
Speaker 18: Now.
Speaker 1: That doesn't mean you have to be a new customer, just you've never had this done before. Because their whole idea of doing this is to show you what they can do. That's their whole idea is to show you what they can do, so you'll be sure to call them, all right, I want to sneak in right here another comment. I've been talking to a ton of people and I'm so happy. Oh let me give that a three zero three. By the way, seven two zero five two six thirty nine thirty nine fixmihome dot com. I've been talking to a ton of people, and I thank you so much for your trust. We're takking on so many clients at Wave Eightwealthmanagement dot com my company, Yes, I own it. And I started it for myself, that's the truth. And then I realized so many people need true financial advisement, not people that are going to sell you stuff, not people that have a one trick pony. No, this is a place that will give you free advisement and upfront and then see if you like us, if you want a review, or if you want to talk to me. Three oh three seven seven one help seven seven one four three five seven Wave eight the number eight wave Eightcapital dot com. I'm Tom Martine. I say this every day and I mean it. Save all your problems for me,