Speaker 1: You can find us on Instagram at the Sandy Show Official, Facebook's at the Sandy Show Radio, and the podcast is just sitting out there in cyberspace waiting for you to listen whenever you want to.
Speaker 2: Listen, waiting for you to come on over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we take the show and take out all the music and commercials and you just get all the funny stuff because we are funny.
Speaker 2: Sometimes sometimes we're pretty good. Yeah. Sometimes, Yeah, I'm doing all right.
Speaker 1: Speaking of funny, it's your job to get it started with the first thing that made you laugh.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: This is in honor of the fact that a lot of parents are sending their children off to college for the first time. No one tells you the stuff your daughter needs for her first dorm room costs eleventy billion dollars.
Speaker 1: That's the weirdest thing to me, like parents moving their kids into their dorm.
Speaker 2: Like I remember when I moved into my dorm.
Speaker 1: I got out of the car and I had one big cardboard box. I drug it to my dorm room and that was it. My parents didn't even come in, didn't even get out of the car.
Speaker 2: No, I think I got a car, but I don't think I wanted them to.
Speaker 1: It was one of those things like, well, yeah, you were just kind of not embarrassed by your parents, but you just wanted everyone to know you didn't need.
Speaker 2: Your parents, I guess.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But now it's like a big to do decorating a dorm room.
Speaker 3: Oh absolutely, it is a thing. And you find out ahead of time who your roommate's going to be. And sometimes you get to coordinate some girls. Girls coordinate the girls, I'm sure more.
Speaker 2: Than the guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, crate their themes and their styles for their room, and it's all very matchy matchy.
Speaker 1: I don't even think we had a television in my dorm room my freshman year.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now that always reminds me my buddy that made a fortune leasing refrigerators.
Speaker 3: That the little dorm refrigerators.
Speaker 2: It's brilliant. Yeah, he made it brilliant.
Speaker 1: You couldn't do it now, no, But back then, in the late eighties into the nineties, my buddy made a fortune. Yeah leasy, those little refrigerators. When he was in college he was doing it. Then he sold the company for a gozillion dollars.
Speaker 2: And now I've lost touch with him. I had to look him up. I should stay friends with that guy.
Speaker 1: The Sandy Show is proud partners with our bank. We invite you to open your account effortlessly online at www dot org dot bank. Remember FDIC. Well, it looks like we're finally getting a break from the heat. We're not going to be in the triple digits for a little while.
Speaker 2: Who thought we'd be happy to be in the nineties, right? And can I think of this?
Speaker 1: You know, we had small chances of rain, and when I see like thirty percent chance of rain like yesterday, yesterday morning was poor and rain, I never think it's actually gonna rain.
Speaker 3: No, because when I do get excited, it doesn't happen. So I totally blew it off and then it happened.
Speaker 2: It was great.
Speaker 1: Birthdays today include Leanne Rhymes, who is forty two years old, and I feel like I've known about Leanne Rhymes my entire.
Speaker 2: Life forever, since she was like twelve.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's when she's saying blue Blue, that was the big one. Jack Black is celebrating number fifty five today.
Speaker 2: I feel like he's always looked exactly the same except for his big giant beard. Now that's true. I mean he's a beard is out of Control. Do you remember Jason Priestley from nine oh two one oh?
Speaker 1: Yes, Brandon Walsh, Yes, celebrating number fifty five. Shania Twain. Is she older or younger than sixty? I say older. She's fifty nine really, yeah, she's fifty nine years old today. By the way, I got a lot of messages yesterday people asking me, hey, can you send me the clip of the roast of Austin? Well, I can't send him out all individually, so it is available the Sandy Show podcast.
Speaker 2: That's the best way to go about it.
Speaker 3: Okay, roast it went all in, didn't it.
Speaker 1: It was one of those things and I put it and I posted on social media a link to the podcast, and I was like, it had to happen.
Speaker 2: It just had to be done. Yeah, Austin just needed to be roasted a little bit, even to be taken down.
Speaker 1: I'm not yes, yes, So if you want to hear that, you can get it by downloading the Sandy Show podcast wherever did you get your podcasts and share the link with a friend. That would be very cool if you would do that, you like that, we would appreciate it. Coming up on the show today, don't go anywhere, because of course Christa's got the story we love in just a little bit. But also I'm going to call Trisha out on something that she does that I think.
Speaker 2: Is so weird. Another thing real, This has.
Speaker 1: Been bothered me for years and it's very trivial, but it's very, very weird. All right, he does stay with us. All that and more coming up, Trisia. I saw something on social media. I don't know if it's real or true or not, but it's kind of funny. Would you like to know? Yes?
Speaker 2: Please? The guy said.
Speaker 1: I was today years old when I learned that newspaper stands for Northeast, West, South, Past and Present Events Report.
Speaker 2: Don't I don't believe that. I don't believe that at all. I don't either. Yeah, I don't BELI I mean, but.
Speaker 3: Somebody put a lot of effort into that at your all.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: So there's a startup tech company in California called reflect Orbital. They are planning to use mirrored satellite sandy to sell people's sunlight when.
Speaker 2: It's dark outside. They're gonna make a fortune. They're gonna make a fortune selling the sun.
Speaker 3: One of the co founders is a former SpaceX employee, they're trying to put a constellation of satellites into orbit that can reflect sunlight and direct it anywhere on Earth. Apparently Russia actually did a proof of concept of this decades ago, and it actually worked. It's mainly designed to help big solar farms keep generating power at night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but anyone can go to their.
Speaker 3: Website and fill out their sunshine application. I think that's very funny. The deadline to apply is October twenty third. What I picture is like, say we go to the website and we fill out the sunshine application and then just at night, the sun is shining on our house rightly, a beam from the sky on our house. For now, you're only going to get four minutes worth of some But they're hoping to start their initial test run in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're gonna lose money for years and years and years, and then they're gonna make a whole lot of.
Speaker 3: They're gonna like, you have to have a pretty big lot plot of land to get approved that each patch of sunlight will be three miles across.
Speaker 2: Really, yeah, I don't know how they could. I mean, that's pretty amazing that they could pinpoint it down to.
Speaker 1: That small there are more and more people that are truly going off the grid, like my buddy.
Speaker 2: More's close. Yeah, he's close. I feel like we want to hear from him anymore.
Speaker 1: Eventually, he texted me, this is my longtime friend and he's a prepper, like a serious prepper. And he texted me the other day that he was making biscuits, some sort of biscuits for the future that that will keep forever.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, dude, you've lost your mind.
Speaker 3: I feel like that's might be a little too far. If he's making him now, first question would be, do you know something that we don't know? Why are you making them now?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I don't know.
Speaker 1: But he's going to make some hard tack biscuits this week for the prep. I have no idea, man, I didn't even look it up. With hard tack biscuits.
Speaker 3: I think it's just something that never goes bad. I think back in like little prairie, little house in the prairie to hard tack.
Speaker 1: Oh, Okay, I don't know, but he's got years worth of food. And he'll sign up for this. He'll fill out the Happy the Sunshine application.
Speaker 2: Oh he will.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he won't care that it'll not only be his house in the sun, it'll be three miles worth of neighbors.
Speaker 2: He won't care at all. No, are you looking up hard tack biscuits? What is it? Say?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's is hard tech still used today. It was a favored food for explorer, sailors and soldiers, so their food would last long.
Speaker 1: There you go, Oh yeah, well, good luck in your sunshine on your sunshine application. Right.
Speaker 2: It sounds so fun. Yeah, it sounds great.
Speaker 1: And you've been together with someone as long as I've been with Tricia, and Tricia and I've been together twenty one years, married for sixteen a fifteen year old daughter. Over a span of time, you're gonna realize that they do some weird things.
Speaker 2: And you don't have any time to think about it.
Speaker 1: But I bet if you spend some time thinking about it, you could tell me some weird things that I do. I could, and Tricia does something weird and you recently did it, and I was like, I just have to say something.
Speaker 2: I have no idea what that it is.
Speaker 1: It's not just you, but I just find it really, really weird when adults drink a glass of milk. I don't know why I think it's weird. I just think it's weird. Like we'll have dinner, make dinner at home and stuff, and you know, I'll have a nice tea and the puzzle have water, and Tricia get her a big old glass of milk.
Speaker 3: It's so good for your body. And then there's a bunch of people out there yelling when you only need milk when you're young, That's what I've heard, right, But it's it's certain age you need it for calcium for your bones. It's like when you eat yogurt, calcium for your bones. I know you don't eat yogurt either. It's milk sometimes, are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: Like a warm chocolate chip cookie right out of the oven, the only option for.
Speaker 3: A drink is a glass of milk or peer, No, that's too much sugar, that's too sweet, an ice cold glass of But well.
Speaker 1: We're having pork chops and green beans and you have a big old glass of milk.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean that was just a weird went off. I don't always do that minor normally food specific. Chocolate chip, could any warm cookie, any cookie, warm or cold.
Speaker 2: Actually, you have.
Speaker 1: Those cookie delivery places, they'll deliver milk with the cookies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, you wouldn't drink them, even with warm cookies. I don't think I would bowl of cereal. That's kind of my drawback is you drink the milk you don't know. You don't drink the milk out of the bowl holes that have straws built in so you can get all.
Speaker 2: The milk unwashed. That's gross.
Speaker 3: You're gonna find yourself with your bones cracking all over the place. You don't eat yogurt, you don't drink milk. A little bit screwed. When you take magnesium, yep, but that's not for your bones, what's up for?
Speaker 2: That's for muscles. It's for relaxation and headaches and sleeping.
Speaker 1: You show don't need any more magnesium or what for sleeping?
Speaker 2: Relaxation and slow? The magnesium makes me get at it.
Speaker 1: Do you ever drink the magne take the magnesium with a big old glass of milk.
Speaker 2: No, would never cross my streams like that, Sandy. I just think it's weird adults drinking. I don't think it's weird, but it's okay for littles. You don't think it's weird for fine for little I bet your grandfather drank milk.
Speaker 3: You drank butter milk. Oh, I haven't agree with you.
Speaker 2: That was gross. What's your cutoff age for drinking milk like you? One day? Fourteen thirteen somewhere in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, have a hard no after that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just weird. I'm sorry, you're weird. You just keep drinking your milk. Oh, well, don't worry. She orders it at nice restaurants.
Speaker 3: They look at her glad that I'm drinking my milk and I have to push you around in a wheelchair.
Speaker 1: See the look on the waiter's face. When we're at a nice restaurant, a steakhouse, and I order a Shirley.
Speaker 2: Temple because you're cool. Yeah, and she orders a milk. I do not stop lying to these people.
Speaker 1: Stay with us more coming up on one o three point one, Austin's eighty station and streaming on the iHeartRadio app. Our Bank proudly sponsors The Sandy Show. Make the Switch effortlessly by visiting www dot r dot bank member FDIC. Our daughter does something. We have a fifteen year old daughter. She does something. I can't figure out if it's really really smart, because it annoys me that she does. And here's the thing, and you can apply this to anybody in your life. I don't know if we got off on the wrong foot with her when she was small because we were late taking her somewhere, which I don't recall ever doing. Never late taking her place, Always pick her up on time. We never make her wait. If anything, we're early to pick her up for things. But she has this habit of when she and she's very very active with socially and with clubs in her school and things like that, but she tells us that she has to be there fifteen minutes before she actually has to be there, and it gets kind of I don't know why it bothers me.
Speaker 3: Well, I guess you must not realize that this is an ROTC thing. If the event starts at seven am, they have a show time, showtime, your call orders are six forty five. Oh okay, So that's where the fifteen minute early thing comes.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: She applies it to things and follows the role when it's something she really wants to like, For example, PT she's magically never on fifteen minutes or her et mornings right, But for other things that are really really fun, she is ready to go and walk out the door and she is ready. She has a late problem unless it's something she's really excited for and interested in, and it's incredibly annoying.
Speaker 1: Now, okay, so what about if you applied this to adulthood, if you had a friend that was habitually late.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you definitely give them a different start time. You do, definitely. Absolutely. My aunt has never been on time to anything in her entire life, and one year for Christmas, we told her be at our house Christmas morning at nine thirty, knowing that we weren't really going to do anything up in presence and do stuff until after ten. We told her nine thirty. Sure enough, she got there at ten. She was late.
Speaker 2: She's always late, So why should all of us?
Speaker 3: You know, I think that it is perfectly fine if you have a chronically late friend to give them a different start time and earlier start time than what actually is is the start time.
Speaker 2: Right. I'm not a late person.
Speaker 1: I'm rarely am I late for things like with like I'm always late when I say I'm going to be home if I'm at work or something, But I mean like meeting friends and an appointment or appointment things like that, I'm never late.
Speaker 3: I feel like I'm getting better. I used to always be late. I was always late to work, I was always always late meeting friends. But I feel like the older I get, the better I am at it, because I've noticed I have more anxiety about the idea of being late.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: And then how about if you get the message from your friends and they tell you say you're meeting them for dinner at seven to fifteen, and they tell you seven o'clock and you get there at seven ten, and they're like, you're the first one here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, no, that is never That's never happened to me. My friends will be like, dude, don't be late.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Like, if you have a friend that you have to handle with such kid gloves that they don't know that you have a problem with their chronic lateness, then I don't know, maybe they're not that great of a friend.
Speaker 1: I know I have when I play golf with my buddies, if you're not there when our tea time is, let's start without you.
Speaker 2: No, wait, we're gone.
Speaker 3: The only time I have to really really get on landry our daughter is to get her to school sometimes because otherwise she'd sleep and it shouldn't have a problem with being late, right, But other than that, she's I'm like, if you're late, you're late like her little job.
Speaker 2: You're late, that's on you.
Speaker 3: You're late. You'll learn your lesson really fast with that.
Speaker 2: Have you ever told me an earlier time?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: No, because when it's something other than just coming home, you're normally there on time.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Hey, friends, don't forget to download the Sandy Show podcast. You can get it wherever it is that you get your podcast. Give us a follow on Instagram. In fact, coming up in just a bit, we're going to talk about Terrisa's cartwheel.
Speaker 3: Ah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we are, we are.
Speaker 1: You can see it on our Instagram page at the Sandy Show Official Stay with us.
Speaker 2: More coming up on three point one Austin.
Speaker 1: Tricia, here's something you won't hear very many times coming out of my mouth.
Speaker 2: I was wrong. Oh how that tastes like Benegar? Yep, like Benegar. Learn to stop.
Speaker 1: So on Monday I asked Tricia drrit Our Rapid Fire Q and a segment just randomly. I was like, can you do a cartwheel? She's like, yeah, I can do a cartwheel. Heck yeah, you can do a cartwell, I can do I can do a round off too. I'm like, no, you can't, No, you can't. And then she put it off for a while. She's like, I'm bloated.
Speaker 2: I didn't not you such a liar. There's such a liar. I wanted to take a bath.
Speaker 1: But finally she actually came to me and she goes, all right, you're ready to see the see the cartwheel. Yeah, So into the backyard we went, and Tricia not only did a cartwheel, she did a pretty decent round off.
Speaker 3: The round up was actually better than the cartwheel.
Speaker 2: You think so, I think so.
Speaker 3: My car will wasn't up and down en f it was a little tilted. That's some point deductions there.
Speaker 1: So you can see the video, it's at the Sandy Show Official on Instagram. I really thought you were going to hurt yourself.
Speaker 3: I was a little worried about the round off. And here's what you didn't see. When I went into the backyard to warm up a little bit, do a little practice practice cart wills. When I did my practice round off, I landed and my left ankle buckled and I fell down here.
Speaker 2: That would be oh my god. And then it was a little bit sore.
Speaker 3: I limped in and I was like, all right, I'm ready and then I was like whatever. I was all simone Biles, gonna push through the pain.
Speaker 1: Here's what some people are saying, Uh seal cormere. She says, that's a ten for Tricia. And here says Coffee Girl says, if Tricia says she can, she can.
Speaker 3: That's right, Coffee Girl.
Speaker 1: Two high fives. Yep, the real sixty nine sasquatch. You know who that is, right, your friends, that's my buddy Joe Navis that I played rugby with.
Speaker 2: Ye a mountain of a man.
Speaker 3: Mountain of a man?
Speaker 1: Nine?
Speaker 3: Is he under oaf?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: What who was OAF when you would have to get under oath? Oh?
Speaker 1: Not OAF was that was in the kangaroo court after a match and it was always somebody different, Yes, he says. Jo says, Sandy your next, And I want to see a round off flip flop too. I don't know, I don't know what that is.
Speaker 3: You do a round off, but instead of sticking the landing and stopping like I did, you immediately go into flip flops.
Speaker 2: Oh no, thank you, jack foot flop. You have any more comments on there.
Speaker 3: Let's see who else we that.
Speaker 2: Let's see Sandy do it? Uh huh yeah, ain't.
Speaker 3: Aicole Flowers said, I am not brave enough to try.
Speaker 2: Way to go, Tricia. There's a lot of sandy. You're next.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, Sandy can't do it on a cone of his shoulder.
Speaker 1: I never claimed I could do one. That's the difference. Like you have to not believe that there's something I can do that. Like if you said, can you do the splits? I would say no, no, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I never could do the slits, and I'm super bindy. You are bendy. Never do the splits.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Tristia, you thought she was. She thought she was a dang Olympic gymnast.
Speaker 2: Why I stuck my landings. I did my poses with my hands and my wrists flicks.
Speaker 3: If I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna do lug out some mobiles.
Speaker 2: She's coming after.
Speaker 1: You're only about a foot taller than she is.
Speaker 2: I know you could just put it right in your pocket. Good job at Tricia, you proved me wrong.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Stay with us.
Speaker 1: More coming up on one oh three point one, Austin's eighty station and on your smart device. Just say play one oh three point one Austin's eighty station on iHeartRadio. Trisia's got the scoop on the latest Apple event that's coming up in the story We Love In just the second thought, this was kind of interesting. Twenty seven percent of gen Z that say they feel anxious about turning thirty really yeah.
Speaker 3: I feel like thirty was one of the ones that I was like, Wow, I'm not in the twos anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel anxious.
Speaker 1: I think that whole generation feels anxious about everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, that's true. Yeah, we really do.
Speaker 1: Thirty one percent feel they should have already had more exciting life exp experiences, and forty four percent are determined to take a big trip and go outside their comfort zone before they turn thirty years old.
Speaker 3: That's exactly what I did the very first time I ever left the United States. I was determined my deadline was before I turned thirty, and it was when me and two of my girls, Tasha and Seann went to Ireland. Is the first time I've ever left the United States. I accomplished my goal. That's apparently a popular.
Speaker 2: Goal that sounds like a Hallmark movie. Nice justice stories we la.
Speaker 3: How So, Apple has announced the date of its next major event where the iPhone sixteen is expected to launch.
Speaker 2: It's going to be on Monday, September ninth. You can do it. You can't do it, can't do sick. I can't keep keep up. I'm not going to keep up. Can't keep keeping up.
Speaker 3: However, listen to this though, when there's not that big of a difference from one generation of the net.
Speaker 2: But listen to this one. It's happening September ninth.
Speaker 3: It's going to be at ten am Pacific time, and it's going to be streamed online so anybody can watch. They're calling it. It's saying it's glow time, is the tagline. Nobody's sure what glow time means. But here's what they think they're going to announce for this new model. A slew of generative AI features for the iPhone, Apple Intelligence, which is personalizing gen Moji's Apples AI generated emoji. You can personalize an emoji now, a lot of artificial intelligence at the touch of a button right in your hand. Like that is supposed to revolutionize using AI in the industry. Supposed to all be loaded on this Apple sixteen on this iPhone six.
Speaker 2: How much is this Apple? They haven't said, have they?
Speaker 3: No, I don't think so. I don't even know for sure. I mean it's pretty sure that that's what they're going to announce, but I don't think we're going to have any numbers for costs until after it is officially announced. But apparently AI big big in this new phone, combining Serri with Ai and chat GPT.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, there's a lot of it. Many. I just can't care. I'm real happy with my phone right now.
Speaker 2: I phone's fine right now. Yeah, I don't need anything more than what I have. The problem with Apple that they have right now is that the market has been saturated with iPhones. Everyone's got one right out of people fast.
Speaker 1: And they've run out of people to buy them, you know what I mean, everyone's got your that or an Android.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you something about Android? Android?
Speaker 1: If you whip out an Android, I mean I kind of look at you like life's not really going the way you had it planned, because no, it's really things that haven't really worked out for.
Speaker 2: You, have they.
Speaker 3: I here's my take on the androidesele Android users contrarians. Because everybody loves Apple so much I'm surprised you don't have an Android.
Speaker 2: You're a bonifide contrarian. Yeah, but I don't know it. Just but I like nice things. Yeah.
Speaker 1: If someone handed me the Android phone for one thousand dollars, make a phone call, you got sixty seconds.
Speaker 2: I couldn't do it. I know, I don't know what you're doing with that.
Speaker 3: I've been handed in Android to take a picture and I'm all, what it's like I was holding a brick.
Speaker 2: What I do with this? And they vibrate when you touch them, and it's like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hey, I wonder about those people who remember the big thing was when the phone when it was closed and you unfolded it and then.
Speaker 2: The entire thing was a screen. It was weird.
Speaker 3: I hadn't seen a lot of those lately. I felt like that could not have been something that was made to last.
Speaker 1: Yeh.
Speaker 2: I don't think those worked out very well.
Speaker 3: If anybody has one of those and they absolutely love it, let us say, and all you Android people, I'm just playing.
Speaker 2: I feel sorry for you. I'm just but I'm just tricking. I'm just tricking, but I feel sorry for you.
Speaker 1: That's the story we love and Sandy's jerk moment of show